Speaker 1: This might sound a little crazy, but when I can, I like to listen back to the No Dunks podcast. I look at it as sort of a day to day review. What worked on the pod? What could we have changed? Did I laugh a little too hard when Lee said down to the skin and I only listen to No Dunks on my new so nos Move Move is the premium portable smart speaker for listening all around your home and even outdoors. You can stream music, podcasts, radio, audiobooks, and more with Wi Fi or Bluetooth and experience clearly detailed sound and rich bass for up to eleven hours with moves long lasting battery and durable weather resistant design. Eleven hours. Think of that, I could listen to every No Dunks ad read ever, perform back to back to back to back, including this one, and still have some battery life. To listen to a little music, just pick up Move off its indoor charging base and bring the sound with you from room to room. I can't even shower now without listening to a podcast for music. The water cannot touch my skin. Luckily I got my Move. Pop it in the bathroom, boom, rub it up, dup. My buddy Ken manages a video and audio center up in Canada. He was an early adopter of Sonos, and he offered, I'm not kidding you here to buy my Move off of me because he can't keep him on the shelves. It's that good. I'm not kidding. Ken says Move is the best horrible smart speaker on the market. Its sound quality is unmatched. I also think it just looks awesome, good sound, cool. Look, that's a good combo. So go to Sonos dot com to learn more and get your Sona's Move today.
Speaker 2: I read that they reckon that by twenty thinks like twenty thirty, like there's gonna be no more gary'sborn. Like, yeah, not sad. You just don't hear it. Can you think of any garys Oh? God, not him.
Speaker 1: Good morning, sweemerl Then, welcome to the No Dunks podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Thursday, September third.
Speaker 3: I'm J. E.
Speaker 1: Skeets and joining us here. As always, we got task Mellis, Hey everybody, Hey Tasty, we got the Bearded one trick Kirby. Hey, Hey, we've got the International Man of Mystery taking it to the max Lelis friend really and last but not least making the magic happen.
Speaker 3: JD.
Speaker 1: Hello, there he is and here we are. Shout out to everyone joining us live right now on YouTube and or listening to the podcast. Keep your questions in your comments coming for our mail bag only episodes. We dropped a new Beach step In podcast yesterday Wednesday afternoon, so go check that out and again keep the emails coming. No Dunk's at the Athletic dot Com tweet them in at No dunk Sinc. I'd like to say, guys, happy three hundredth episode.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, this say.
Speaker 5: Is our three hundredth episode of the season, which is mind Bogglings Bowl. A perfect game, crazy crazy and what an episode we have here because man, we got some crazy games to talk about.
Speaker 1: But first, RKO out of nowhere here this morning. Great timing, by the way, way to do it right before the show. Hall of Fame guard Steve Nash has been named the next coach of the Brooklyn Nets Tests. Honestly out of nowhere with this.
Speaker 4: News Steven John Nash the next head going to the Brooklyn match. Yeah, it absolutely came out of nowhere. He's sort of on holy ground with us, especially as Canadians where the show has come from. I have faith that Steve Nashville succeed in anything he does, and it's kind of crazy to think that he put in five years with the Golden State Warriors as a consultant sort of in the player development side since he were tired. That's a long time. And obviously he developed a relationship with Kevin Durant as all the reports are going out here, so it sure seemed like Kad said, Hey, I want that guy to be our next head coach, and Nash for a long time apparently wanted to be a head coach in this league, wanted to get into coaching, which I guess I just didn't really know about. But he has been given the reins here. It's not like adjacent kids scenario again because I bring up the five years. He's not just retired and plopped into it. But I sure feel like Nash is going to be great. He is going to be a very lovable coach, but he likes sort of Steve Kerr. I think he's going to be a players coach, but also a hard ass, fiery type guy. It's just it's just crazy to think of him as a bench boss all of a sudden, and you know, maybe he'll he'll buy into the not wearing a suit because it doesn't seem like Steve Nash is a suit man.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he a spokesman for like a suit company Endoccino?
Speaker 4: Of course, customer suits customize everything you want to this kind of button on once, leave this kind of button and on another sleep. But I don't think that. I don't think he'll be a suitman, but who Either way, I think he's going to be a successful bench boss. And again maybe that's just because I'm Canadian, but I think he's got the temperment. He's got a Steve Kerr sort of feel and vibe to me, right right right.
Speaker 1: He has no coaching experience. That is the weird part here, right Lee. I mean, you know, as Woh wrote in his column here breaking this news after Stein was the first one, Nash does have a history of peerless leadership, basketball IQ and playing innovation, all true, But no coaching experience is a little wild, it is.
Speaker 6: But it comes down to the talent of the players that you have. And he's going to have two Hall of Fame players at his disposal, and I think that's the most important thing here. When Steve Kurtz took over in Golden State. He also had no coaching experience, but he had a very very good roster. And that's ultimately what it comes down to. If you throw Steve Nash into a situation, you know, let's say like the Indiana paces, he's probably less likely to succeed. But when he goes to a situation where he has two players who you know are in the prime of their career, they want to win, they want to prove something, and by all accounts they have their blessing that he's the guy that they wanted there, then the formula is right for it to succeed. Now, there's no guarantees it will, of course, nobody knows how it's going to come together, but certainly when you look at the sort of pieces there, that's what it's all about, is like, you've got the talent, you've got a coach that the players will respect, you've got a guy who played one of the positions there, and then he's also had a good relationship with the other superstar of the team. So I think it's a smart move by Brooklyn. Again, it carries risk, but it's going to take carry risk no matter who you higher. But I think they've kind of thought this through and thought, well, this player is going to have the communication with these two guys. He's going to be able to try to get the best out of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant seems on board as well. So everyone should at least go in with the right attitude there with the right temperament. It's just now.
Speaker 1: Right he gets their instant respect. I think it's fair to say not only the all stars there in Duranton, Kyrie, but the whole team, because I mean, Nash has the accomplishments, he's a Hall of Famer, and he's got also I think when you pair he's got the work ethic too. You know, it's weird that this tiny Canadian guy became a Hall of Famer. He didn't just do that batter of luck. I mean, it was a lot of hard work. So I think there's both there, the accomplishments and that work ethic. When you pair them together. What do you think Tray about this?
Speaker 7: I mean, who knows what Steve Nash is going to be like as a coach. He could be Jason Kidd, he could be Steve Kerr. But we do know that Steve Nash was always great at getting everybody to be on the same page, and he was a great leader who was great for morale, and I imagine that that will be a huge part of what Nash brings to the Nets, setting their culture right.
Speaker 3: We saw in the.
Speaker 7: Past couple of years Kyrie Irving's career there have been times when he's calling out his teammates. I doubt that thing happens as often when Steve Nash is there, the guy who like set the record for most high fives given on court, trying to get everybody encouraged playing together. I imagine that Nash is just a general you know, niceness, the way he gets along with people, the way he knows how to to build the team, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, just get everybody organized.
Speaker 7: I think we'll be helpful with Katie and Kyrie, and then we'll see what he does on the court. You imagine it's a little bit more Steve Kerr than Jason Kidd with regards to ball movement and keeping things going and.
Speaker 3: Allowing guards to flourish.
Speaker 7: But we still don't know. It's just exciting to have Steve Nash back in our lives. Not talking about soccer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, right, that's true. I forgot he was doing that, Jared wrote me here this morning after this news broke. Well, I guess you can dress as a nets head coach for Halloween, so I don't have to figure out whether he's wearing a suit or not. So I know you can pull that out going. Yeah, exactly. And the Nets we should point out they are keeping jacque Vaughn here as the as the lead you know, assistant coach. He's gonna be the highest paid assistant in the league. You know, we thought he did a great job in the bubble there and it's nice to see he'll still be on this staff. And I don't know, did Nash ever play with Jaqvan? I mean, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but but you said the relationships, this is really what this league's all about here, right. He's the consultant with Katie and Golden State. It sounds like Katie was like, I want him, get him, and then they talked him into this four year deal here as the contract he signed. And then Nash played with Sean Marks too in Phoenix and they apparently kept a good relationship throughout the years. So Steve Nash. I mean what, You're right, We're happy, we're Canadian. I only do this show because of Steve Nash. There would be no dunks. I don't think if he ever came around into our lives. So we'll see if you can take the Nets to a title contender right away. It's not a given, that's for sure. I mean, I remember when Steve Nash the player went to the Lakers and we thought he was going to win a title with Dwayton and Kobe there, and it's a little different, I know, but that didn't go quite so well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's also like Steve Kerrt was like they took a risk and it worked out. But I think another part of the reason there that it did work out was that they hired experienced assistant coaches as well to help out Steve point. So that'll be interesting to see who else now comes on board. You mentioned Jock Worn already, so they'll be I'm sure a couple of other moves there have to be made. But you know, you say the wouldn't be a show without Steve Nash. That's why we called no dunks, and I guess because nationally too many, did you I mean, does anyone ever seen State Nash dunk?
Speaker 1: I don't happened, Yes, he can, I mean he's not. I mean I said small. How tall is he? Like six'? Three yea? That, yeah but, YEAH i can't think OF i definitely don't have a Poster Steve. NASH i didn't have that poster on my wall for. Sure all, Right so congrats to congrats To Steve nash and the nets here and his. Family but, like really for keeping this a. SECRET i mean that's in today's world to keep anything under. Wraps how they even do this? TASK i, mean, again this was nobody knew. This Maybe Mark stein had been sitting on this because he's got a relationship With nash over the last couple of. Decades but, wow what a shock.
Speaker 4: Here, yeah it's kind of Like kawhi going to The clippers and bringing In Paul george that came out of. NOWHERE nba teams can do, this they can make this. Happen they can keep things. QUIET i just like the fact, that unfortunately a little bit later in the, show we're going to talk About Steve. JAVVY i like how he's been upped by Another, Steve Steve nash has taken the lead on today's. Show and Those lakers days they hurt. Me skeets thinking about Those lakers days and they hurt. Us Steve nash is. Back how can you not hire this? Guy look at this? Guy look how nice this? Man this is the nicest man looking guy right. There, ye hire that. Guy just wanted to get that in the. Shows, Well, hi my back, hurts BUT i can still wave and.
Speaker 1: Smile they'll still give you a high. Five all.
Speaker 7: Right so a quick look, up real quick basketball, reference play by play. Data Steve nash zero dunks in HIS nba carew the official coach Of No.
Speaker 1: Dugs did he throw one down At Santa? Clara that's the real. Question we got to go deep into the YouTube or court up In canada AND bc there maybe he.
Speaker 4: Did, yeah this show can't get any, Wider but Now steve is our coach.
Speaker 1: All of a, sudden absolutely. Right, Okay, well yeah you're talked, ABOUT i, Mean Steve nash bumping the game talk here and these were some insane, games so let's get to. Them i'm sure we'll get in to more Nash nets talker over the coming weeks, here but let's start with The, rockets edging The thunder to win a Wild game. Seven they move on to face The, lakers but they Outlast okay See lee In game seven And James harden terrible offensively but comes up with a huge, stop a huge block on. Door but where do you want to, start cure, IN.
Speaker 6: I don't really know where to, start because we had the team like The. Thunder When Chris paul hit that, three he Called Robert covington for a pick at about the eight minute mark and hit a three in his, face And Robert covington was, devastated AND i put The thunder. UP i was, like that's basically that's. It Chris paul is just going to steer this ship. Home but instead that didn't. Happen The thunder sort of choked a little bit towards the end, there And Chris paul made a couple of, mistakes and then The rockets scored some baskets and then the craziness at the end where Lou dordho'd hit six threes and scored thirty, points putting him in a bracket With Lebron james And Michael. JORDAN i think it was for the Younger Kobus KOBE. E Skew, yeah twenty one or under to have the most points in the, game, seven which was just. Incredible and then it was The james hardened bluck which basically sealed the, game and you thought the game was, over but then they added another half a, second then they added another second and a half to. That then they got a tech foul for the for the inbound play That Danilo gallinari missed the technical free, throw and it was just like then you sort of look at the, plane it was Like Steve steve Another Steve Steve adams appeared to have an open, lane but Then covington was right. There then they couldn't get the ball in any. Way there was timeouts. Everywhere no one really knew what the hell was going. On and at the, end if The rockets had lost that, game considering everything that, happened then The internet would have ended last, night because it was like The rockets got up by two points and it was Like covington missed one free, throw he made, one miss the, other and then it was like if somehow Like Scott, Foster scott not A, steve was the sort of finanglear win out of this to the thunder or just to get it to overtime at, least like people would have lost their. Mind so it was a crazy. GAME i had no real idea.
Speaker 1: At the end of.
Speaker 6: It IF i enjoyed, that IF i hated, it IF i felt bad for the, thunder IF i was happy for The. RUCKETS i was just Like James harden was so pumped that he got that. Block he was so pumped and you, know shot maybe goes, in maybe, doesn't but he made that incredible to play and and AFTERWARDS i think it was, like, Okay, ruckets he played well enough to get, through especially those toutchment we Had Chris paul And James harden trying to out flop each.
Speaker 5: Other.
Speaker 1: MAN i, mean, look, yeah we're gonna be ripping on the official, podcast BUT i will give them credit for swallowing the. Whistle everybody just trying to flop on. That, okay good. JOB i start faster than the crew on that. Way, Yeah, lee did you want a? Cigarette after this?
Speaker 6: Game? Was, yeah like like my adrenaline was, up but then it was down because it was like a sort of shitty, end but it was like probably the right result in the end. OVERALL i mean if Lou dort's going out there lighting you up for six threes like you can't look LIKE i Think Zach harper. Twitted if lou dought and, anything and he, did he has to Go James. Hodden but he if There thunding goings to win that game And dot hits thirty points And James, HODDEN i think he finished nineteen Like James hodden would honestly should never play basketball again after.
Speaker 1: That what DID i tell you yesterday? SHOW i, said if The rockets lose this And, harden what DID i? SAY i, said goes like seven for twenty four or WHATEVER i. Said he was even worse than. That, yeah they wouldn't even have him On dancing with The. Stars they would, say, no we don't even watch. It, man lou dor just kicked your ass in a game. Seven, yeah he that WAS i, MEAN i don't, know is it going too far to say he saved his legacy by blocking a three point shot from a you, know a Young canadian on the. WING i don't. Know it feels like it because the game was. Insane. TASK i was thinking of you, too, man because you're always telling, us, YEAH, nba it's the fastest of the four major. Sports but, man it took sixteen minutes to play the final minute of this game in both of these games last, night so it was not moving very.
Speaker 4: QUICKLY i agree with that it was not moving very. Quickly the back to ac timeouts out of, those get rid of. Them it makes no. Sense but, YEAH i thought it could have gone a lot slower because the referees could have called flop after flop after flop after. Flop James harden puts a bucket in after the bucket then decides he gets hit By Lou, dort then. Flops you don't usually see a guy flopping after the ball is taken out of. Bounds there's so many. Flops the refs did a good, job, actually But harden did he save his? Legacy was one to nine from three point. Land he's now twenty four percent from three point land in game seven's in his. Career now he, just for some reason over four game sevens he can hit. SHOTS i think this was the game of the fewer mistakes are going is going to win this basketball? Game AND i guess The rockets just didn't make more than the. Thunder that's all that. Happened this is why they got rust, though Because harden can't close out, games can't close out game. SEVENS i don't know what it is because in game, one next, series he's gonna pop. Back it's not like he's. Top it's there's something mental. There there's something that that happens To James harden over a period of. Time but they Need russ to close, games and that's why they got. Them that's why they Got Chris. Paul But i'm happy that this game is finally over and again it was it just Wasn't it wasn't pretty because you Went it was so, drastic the difference between, teams the two teams playing Before miami And, milwaukee the way they were collapsing and then recovering to, shooters the way they were playing, defense and the way The rockets And thunder were playing. Offense it was like they weren't purposely going into sets understanding what they were. Doing they were just sort of shooting and deciding what they were going to do because they had to decide something because you kind of have to decide something before the shot clock goes. Up it was bad. Ball it was it was just, again whoever has more points at the, end gets it. Done but, Yeah James harden had a block and he can flex, afterwards and it was a good defensive play for, Sure BUT i don't, KNOW i just couldn't enjoy. It And i'm Sure, harden going back to his, tape he just looked so disinterested and that it was bonkers to watch AN mvp candidate just kind of float through a lot of this. Game and he had some nice, drives but the less ugly team won this. Game and it just seems like when they go Play la Starting, friday they're gonna get. Massacred it just doesn't feel like there's doesn't feel like there's any chance for a team that plays like, this, RIGHT.
Speaker 1: I don't, know what do you?
Speaker 6: Think?
Speaker 1: RIGHT i, mean who.
Speaker 7: Knows if you're talking, legacies Though James harden made the clutches play in a game, seven he did more Than Chris paul in the last five minutes of this. Game if you're talking about guys who have shaky postseason. LEGACIES i, Said i'm not going to say anything bad About Chris, paul but you can go look at his last five minutes stats and see what. Happened not, much And harden, like what a crazy play to actually get that, block sort of from, behind sort of like monogenomally back in the twenty fifteen. Days just the effort to get out there was. Impressive and you, know The, ROCKETS i, thought did a pretty good job in the last couple of minutes of making things tough for The thunder to get open, shots and they were switching and they were just causing chaos out there and the game turned. Crazy you, know we got a little bit more javvy. TIME i thought after game, one there's no way we're gonna see as much javvy as we can for this.
Speaker 3: Game seven, Here but oh, baby there was some. JAVVY i don't. KNOW i, MEAN i don't know what a game this. Was it was awesome to.
Speaker 7: Watch but you, know as A James harden fan for years and, years it's pretty hilarious that The clutches play of his career right now is a block on a three pointer shot By Leu.
Speaker 1: Dort oh, well, yeah, Okay SO i saw Clutch, fans which is A Rockets twitter. Account they tweeted AND i almost laughed out loud WHEN i read, it and THEN i was, LIKE i don't, know maybe it's some truth to, it SO i wanted to throw it At. Uli let's go to you, first they. Tweeted put this on his. Resume James harden had a game, winning series winning blocked shot with a second left in a game. Seven it deserves every bit of. Respect as A lillard or a doge it buzzer beating. Shut how do you react to?
Speaker 6: That not not to that. Level, NO i, mean if That's Steph curry Or Klay, thompson, maybe but if It's Lou dort and HE i know he's hot during the, game but It's Lou dort. STILL i, mean let's not get too carried. Away but he hustled on the, play, yeah and he got to it and it was. Clean and then and then he Also dort kind of tried to throw the ball off, him and he sort of had the awareness to sort of.
Speaker 1: Dance so very doing there like. THAT i was like confused with. That he now he had already stepped out of, bounds actually didn't. Matter BUT i, mean if he hadn't stepped out of, bounds he was, Like, dort just turn around and shoot it. AGAIN i don't know why you're trying to zip it off.
Speaker 4: Him you're gonna see that and dancing with the, stars, yeah for.
Speaker 6: Sure but the important thing, THOUGH i think to take out of that play is that as bad as he was, playing and we saw he missed a couple of those three by a, Mile James harden made a critical. DRIVE i think he was the one who passed THE. Pj tucker who put the rockets tam he, did he, did and then he you, know and then defensively he didn't let that affect his. Game so and the weird thing, IS i, mean from the start he.
Speaker 1: Shot his shot just looks.
Speaker 6: Awful in game, seven and he just looks so low on. Confidence but when he, drives And westbrook as, well when he drives as, well that's WHERE i thought the game was won for The. Thunder for The, ruckets just go, inside you can. Score you can get good looks all the. Time and that's what. Happened they kept the scoreboard. Ticking but so For James harden to be down slumped like, that knowing what was going to happen if The thunder win this, game for him to sort of stay in that MOMENT i think was very very important and very impressive for him, too because not known as a as a great defensive player and certainly not known as a sort of great shot blocker on a jump. Shooter so he got that clean because if he Fouls, dort you, Know dort goes the line to shoot. THREE i, mean who knows what. Happens but of course Then James harden's the bad guy if if he fouls.
Speaker 1: Even worse, exactly he scores seventeen in a game seven And dort went for thirty. Plus now you fouled him and put him on the line and maybe lost the. Series, yeah, no it would be.
Speaker 7: WORSE i THINK i thinks a great point By Jared thomas here in the chat he, Says James harden's a two way.
Speaker 3: Player now let's keep it, real.
Speaker 7: Folks that Wasn't James harden's only block in the last five, Minutes Chris paul out of bounds on a layup attempt at the rim as. Well harden was giving it his all game defensively more so than he was on, offense because you're, right he was a little pass. Happy it was a little bit Of westbrook take us. Home it's crazy that this game came down to A. Pj tucker. Floater has that guy shot a floater at all during the, SEASON i don't, know but it was the game winning basket with a minute twenty.
Speaker 4: Left. Yeah he was doing the interview ON espn after the. GAME. Pj tucker was with a big smile after hitting that. Floater and that's just not a good sign for The. Rockets it just it really isn't that they they the two guys didn't take over enough in this fourth quarter to win this.
Speaker 1: Game, well they maybe took over enough, defensively, THOUGH i, Mean i'll give. Him you, Know westbrook was everywhere on the last on these last couple of plays. Too, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: They locked, down but they should have blown. Out, okay see they should have in this in this game with with Lou dort going for thirty no. OFFENSE i love Lou. Dort the only thing that would have made the game better is If Scottie pippen tweeted in and, said Lou, dort rip up your four, year five point four million dollar. Contract you can do better than, that my. Man trust me that that WAS i just. Watching, yes we're going to talk about clutch. Plays his man Who jenobiliez block On James harden at the end of The Rocket spur, series the clutches play of his. CAREER i, mean we're talking about two Different we're talking about like two tiers, here clutch plays in first, rounds Even chris Paul. I the thing, is, yeah he didn't have a Good game, seven didn't come. Through but here in some clutch points earlier in this, Series Clutch, city clutch, points lots of lots of website talk out here, now but there's a. Tier there's a tier for clutch first, rounders clutch block From Dames harden and then you, know coming through clutch to win a conference finals or AN nba. Finals so, yeah it's clutch they can. Through but, really, Yeah James harden had to be had to be a better offensive. Player lots of good, defense but he needed to be better. Defensively and if he, is he's definitely had some. Drives but if he, is then they win by. Twenty, yeah and that's what he's AN mvp candidate for that. Reason it's just strange these game. Sevens i'm not going to pull up the stats, again but somehow they. Fall he just kind of falls. Down game six are, Good game seven not so, good and he'll come back to play better against The. Lakers but here we.
Speaker 3: Are that was.
Speaker 1: Ugly, Yeah covington sort of saved The rockets ass he hit a ton of threes for. Them Jeff, green he continues to hit threes for. Them Eric, GORDON i thought was good for good stretches of this. Game you, know those three guys.
Speaker 3: Went defensive plays late in the game as. Well he had quick.
Speaker 7: Hands gordon was playing defense as, Well guys that you didn't expect to play defense in the last minutes for The.
Speaker 3: Rockets they all showed.
Speaker 1: Up, right and then let's talk about you, know, okay see they have their chances. Here they're inbounding on the side a couple of, times felt like five times they had to look at. This let's possibly drop a play and see if we can do. ANYTHING i, know we got into it a little bit last, Night, Trey you AND i like talking about the play before the final, play the play where a timeout is. TAKEN i guess it, was or is that the one Where harden is Called? No that is, RIGHT i believe the timeout was called where it looks appears Like adams he has T. Pj, tucker SO i sealed if he wants there's a no one near the paint no one at. All there's obviously stuff going on over, here AND sga is looking at that because whatever they've drawn. Up but whether or, not, man was there a love pass right? There if Maybe adams just throws up his hand AND sja sees, it do you just throw that in? There there's only like a second what was at one point? One could something have happened there that obviously doesn't, Happen but, yeah do you want to be throwing it To Steven adams who looked gassed as it? Was why is he even out? THERE a lot of people are. WONDERING i, mean these last couple of things from the, thunder their execution or lack of, it left a lot of people scratch their. Heads what do you think of that? One and then even the final one that's sort of got blown up right at the.
Speaker 7: End, YEAH i didn't see a reason to Have Steven adams out. There you're, right it's probably. There the lob was probably there on the first. Time but Also Steven adams has been the fifth option for the entirety of his. Career he's been out there to set screens for the entirety of his. Career so now we're supposed to expect that he makes a sudden call in the last one second of a game seven to go and, score while we've got a guy playing in his first playoff series who's supposed to also break the play and throw a lob to the rim to score with one second. Left that to me is more after the matter of, facts when it should have Been Steven adams shouldn't have probably been on the. Court you should have probably had four great offensive. Players Maybe Chris paul could throw the inbound somebody you really trust to get a good pass, in to get a good play. IN i just Thought Billy donovan didn't have a great play called, up didn't have the right personnel out, there and you saw what. Happened it ended up being a play For Steven adams to get a catch and shoot three pointer not gonna. Work despite the fact that Stan Van gundy did mention that during The steven, games, Right he's, like maybe you find out a way to Get Steven adams.
Speaker 3: Free from the. Corner that one was a breck as.
Speaker 7: Well that's one they didn't even get a shot up despite having two chances at.
Speaker 6: It, yeah and just knowing how Good, Okay so you've been all season. Long it was really surprising to see them be so spotty with, that and Even Chris, paul as great as he's, been he took too, LONG i, think even to get that last possession going when they're trailing by a, point you're going to get into that a lot, QUICKER i, think so that if there is a shot and there's a chance for an offensive. REBOUND i thought that was a little bit strange that he didn't get into his spot a little bit.
Speaker 1: Quicker and you're talking about the one Where chris tries to, pass like eventually passes the ball and gets deflected by westbrook sga he gets it and then throws it To.
Speaker 6: Dora, yes, yeah, yeah he took too. LONG i think, again when you're, down you, know it's like you're giving the benefit of the win to the other. Team so get into your play. Quicker and if you make your, basket even if there's still ten seconds, ago the pressure is then on the other team that they have to. Score AND i think that was a little bit a little bit surprising For Chris. Paul but then, again he missed that little dinker there right in the paint there after the sort of, floppy, slippy, floppy whatever was going on there And Eric, gordon you, Know trey mentioned that his, defense he's actually been quite good On Chris paul a few times in this, series and you saw on that a couple of, plays especially that one Where Chris paul hit the three Over. COVENT i think it Was. Gordon he was fighting like anything to make sure that he couldn't get the, switch but eventually they, did SO i think that's one thing That Eric gordon. Was he was more up for the challenge In Robert, covington surprisingly. THOUGH i Mean Robin covington is, long he's, tall he's, athletic and he's a good. Defender But Chris paul just cooked him a couple of times.
Speaker 7: And really, yeah and he wants him every single, time every, Time, yeah which is.
Speaker 4: So much bigger than. Him it was a little water.
Speaker 7: Bug covington's a great help, defender but that's not a. Strength It's, garden a little guy at one on, one which is why it was impressive to See gordon fighting through the switches right to actually stick With Chris, paul because it paid off to stay at guard versus. Guard those two dudes save The.
Speaker 4: Rockets So Eric gordon And Robert covington just coming through and hitting shots when Again Hardener, westbrook we don't know what we're doing here on. Offense we're not going to take these shots. Here Robert covington shoot this. Thing he hit six, threes, massive six massive threes And Eric gordon five massive threes and playing their hearts. Out they really saved that. Crew.
Speaker 6: Well the other thing, is, okay see turn it over a ton of times and gave them a ton of second chance, opportunities which The rockets seemed to cash in a. Lot SO i think that's another. Thing you look back at this, game the amount of times The thunder had some careless turnovers and just couldn't even get a shot off or a good shot off came back to haunt them in the.
Speaker 4: End twenty eight points for The rockets off the okay see, turnovers that's a lot, time and only twelve For. Houston it. Was, yeah you can talk about every possession at the end, there Shake, gil Just, alexander even the Inbound Chris paul was right there like you should be kind of looking For Chris paul to shoot that. Thing But Chris paul came up short on on that one That lee just talked. About Chris paul just wasn't. RIGHT i think Just game. Seven sometimes you see it IN nba, players they don't play like, themselves. Right although you Know Shajy Gills alexander did hit that three point shot there in the. Corner it was there's just so many weird. Things Danilo gallinari is shooting that technical free.
Speaker 1: Throw that's WHAT i was going to Ask. LEO i wanted to get his take on. That why Was Chris paul not stepping up?
Speaker 6: There, No i'm okay with that Because Daniella gallinari takes their technical free throws all season. Long he's an eighty nine percent free throw, shooter So Chris paul's at eighty nine percent as. Well but that to me has been blown out of proportion because it wasn't as though Like Chris paul was shying away from. It That's gallinari is their free throw, shoot their technical free throw. Shooter so it took a ten And i'm more than happy With Danilo gallinari shooting free. Throws he's a very very, good smooth. Shooter and that one just rimmed.
Speaker 4: Out so how much does it play into it that he hadn't hit one all. Night it was over too And Chris paul was six for six from the.
Speaker 6: Line, THOUGH i, mean, like, sure there's an argument, there but that's Like gallinari is not some rookie who's just like you, know it's not Like Lou dort going to the. Line it's like this guy should be money at the. Line and again that's that's how that's who shoots their free throws this. Season SO i WASN'T i think that's been blown out a little.
Speaker 1: Bit you're right About. SHAY i, mean he hit the big three, late he hit, THREES i, mean and he did contribute, offensively BUT i thought so many times down the stretch he looks shook like HE i, mean, look you gotta these are the lumps you gotta take as a. Player this is, good you, know hopefully for his. Careers is good to be in a game seven with high stakes and everybody trying to flop their ass off and the crazy whistle and all, that just the. Madness but, yeah the INBOUNDS i, thought, Brutal LIKE i think he was scared to maybe be out there and being the guy to do. That AND i will even SAY i don't Think harden Blocks. Dort if that passes, Better, uh it's a bad. Pass now it's a crazy broken play credit To. WESTBROOK i don't you know why Is Chris paul giving it up and all, That but the pass From sga over To, dort it's. Bad it's way too. High dort grabs it. High then he's got a reload and that GIVES i think hard and just enough time to get out there and then eventually block. IT i think if that passes on the, MONEY i Think dort gets a look at the, SHOT i think he gets it. UP i don't Think harden has any chance to block. It, so, yeah just a couple and there's a couple other instances where you're just, like, yeah that's a that's a young guy out there that uh looks a little scared of the moment to be quite, frank but but you know it was there was a big. Three of, course that's a huge three at that point when no one could. Score so he did some good things, too but Crazy Dennis.
Speaker 4: Shuter Dennis shuter two games in a, row just going from the best player in the in the series for ok see uh. Too he just he was also just he was just kind of. Watching you, know he was really aggressive in the first few, games and he had opportunities to finish it off for, okay, see uh, nobody nobody could just take it for, them and so, yeah it was just. One it. Was it was a make or miss league out. There you, know that's what. Happens they.
Speaker 7: Miss it was, okay come, ON i, Mean i've taken my. Vow you guys are saying nobody just took. It, yeah Y allinari is the free throw, shooter but he couldn't get. Open Chris paul was right. There, yeah my, Vow my vow. Maintains But i'm just, saying when you after a game, six when you come out and say some people are built for, it and then you're not taking the free throw and you're not getting the last, shot where's the. CRITICISM i do feel Like Chris paul is getting a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a pass.
Speaker 4: Here oh he had a bad fourth. Quarter he did not come. Through he did Not that was his game for, sure that's his game to take.
Speaker 7: OVER i, AGREE i, agree AND i, mean and to, me you're, right it's, like, Yeah, gallinari he's an eighty nine percent free throw. SHOOTER i still Want Chris paul to shoot. It Dwayne wade Wanted Chris paul to shoot. IT i don't know why he wasn't the guy.
Speaker 6: There i'd, LIKE i get why people Wanted Chris pauldish to do, it but, Again gallinari is the vet who's been doing it all. SEASON i don't really think there's too much to criticize. Him bat all That gallinari didn't have a great, game but he's a great. Shooter he's a great. Shooter and that free throw in that, MOMENT i was, like because as soon as he took, IT i, THOUGHT i wonder if people are going to bring something up about this and then and obviously everyone, did AND i, thought, yeah but IT'S i, mean you're Not you're not putting like a seventy five percent shooter line Or Chris paul was trying to avoid. Going it was, like And chris boul said off the, game he's shoot, up he shoots ettics and that's that's what. Happened he missed.
Speaker 1: IT i, mean, Yeah i'm not as worked up about the technical free, throw but the other stuff That trey is, saying like him giving up the ball there after talking a big game After game, Six, yeah that's that shouldn't. Happen like they can get a you can get a. Shot Chris paul was going to get a shot if there's a little bit more room. OPERATED i, mean, look we got to Knock Billy donovan for what's going on out here. Too some of these play. CALLS i, mean this is not. Pretty and, Yes westbrook maybe having played for, him knowing what they're doing half the, time he is. EVERYWHERE i felt Like westbrook was sort of everywhere to me in defensively last couple of. Possessions so credit to, Him credit to The rockets for fighting. Hard, yeah, Yeah Chris ball's got to shoot these And Billy donand's got to give them something a little better to work.
Speaker 3: WITH i.
Speaker 4: Think, Yeah westbrook had a great bounce back game as far as energy and not giving the ball away and setting his guys. Up that's what that's what he was called in for the reason that it was so ugly down to stretch was because guys Weren't the guys who were supposed to be taken over weren't taken, over and that's why all these broken plays made it a far less enjoyable. Watch than the other game we're going to talk, about even though the other game was riddled by two referees calls in the last fifteen, seconds wasn't much? Better oh, no, no it. Was it was way. Better it was way better forty seven minutes and forty eight seconds of better basketball than. This, okay See houston. Game it was way better to.
Speaker 1: Watch, Okay, well let's get to. That we will do Our Lakers rockets series preview and predictions on tomorrow show because that series starts On. Friday and by the, way we're going to get to Our Nuggets clippers series preview and prediction later in this, show so stick around for. That but, yeah, okay let's get to The Heat bucks. Game Jimmy. Butler he wins it at the buzzer on free throws least, favorite as The heat topped The bucks one sixteen fourteen to take the two to zero series. Lead we know How task feels about. It it was a better played game in his. Opinion But, tray you get a started. Here what was your big takeaway from?
Speaker 3: This i'm. Worried i'm worried for My bucks.
Speaker 7: Prediction i'm feeling a little bit like an, IDIOT a for going Against Jimmy butler and b for going against The heat team who has been incredible in the, bubble looking like.
Speaker 3: The far more, athletic effort giving.
Speaker 7: Team but the takeaway, is what in the world was going on with the? Referees like we think the referees were crazy in this game, SEVEN i don't know was this game too the referees even. Crazier, yes the way things, happened it was what a six point lead For miami with twenty seven seconds, left and somehow this ended up being an elam ending free throw shooting fest For Jimmy. Butler Per League. Official this is from a Sam amic. Report is the first time in a playoff game had been decided on free, throws was zero on the clock since nineteen seventy, nine only the third time it's ever. Happened, lee you had to have loved seeing a free throw game or a playoff game literally come down to untimed free. Throws we Got Kelly olynox sitting back there doing a yoga oppose at half, court waiting to see If jimmy's gonna knock these.
Speaker 3: Down it was.
Speaker 7: Crazy the foul calls on dragach at WHAT i guess it was a three. Pointer it felt like it was about half, court just standing perfectly straight. Up, Unfortunately torso un.
Speaker 3: Knees that's a.
Speaker 7: Foul and then the other way, back the worst makeup call of all. Time giannis Gives Jimmy butler a little pat on the. Back hey, man you can go shoot some pre throws as. Well what is going on here with the. Referees this is the problem with no home court. Advantage they should be getting booed heavily when these things are, happening, right, like they should at least have to feel the booze of making these.
Speaker 3: Calls.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah and then just on top of those two embarrassing calls, late it's like these guys were beating the shit out of each other for the final fourth quarter and like like like they were letting them play there for a good. Stretch things got. Insane, okay that's, fun that's playoff. BASKETBALL i got no problem with. That but then they call these ones and, yeah the draugage one task is a. Joke that's a, bad bad. Call he does not go under, him he does not do. Anything he's plym not.
Speaker 4: Saying it's a good. Call, Yeah and then of, course.
Speaker 1: The Jimmy butler one is just as. Bad it's the. Classic it was a makeup. Call you could see it coming from a mile, away because they're, like we really screwed up that. One if anyone even breathes On, jimmy call the whistle because we got to make up for. It and it's, like that's what they did because, HE i, Mean jannis touches him after the ball is out of his hands by a.
Speaker 4: Mile Mark. Davis Mark davis was right. There it looked like he wanted to call that, thing but let it looked a. Lot it reminded me a lot of twenty Eleven game. Two, okay see Versus miami in the, finals Where lebron Touched Kevin durant in the belly at a little teeny tiny touch at the end of the, game and there was no whistle because the last seconds of games are generally officiated different than the first forty seven minutes and fifty, seconds and they didn't call it, then AND i think even in that instan since that could have affected the. Shot but the Way giannis Touched jimmy did not affect a shot. Whatsoever it was after the. Fact it was totally after the. Fact and that's the problem with trying to officiate all forty eight minutes the exact. Same you don't want referees deciding the, game SO i think you have to you have to just say let it, go just, so just let that. GO i The goran dragic and then and then the other. CALL i feel a little less dirty because the right team won because there was a YAH i.
Speaker 1: AGREE i actually agree with. That they screwed up big time on the dragage. Call and then they were, like oh well, again if anybody even comes close to, him just call, it because we already screwed, Up we'll just call. It give him a. Chance at. Least that's exactly HOW i. Feel so in a, way you're right at the better. Team one game, too they did like the heat really deserved to win this. Game then they blew, it of, course and credit for The bucks for putting up some, fight but the dragage call is just was. GARBAGE i mean it's and THEN i can't even, believe you, Know Steve, javy get the fuck. IT'S i know it's, fun like it's we have a laugh about, it but it's also. Embarrassing it's making the league look. Worse we go to him and and he doubles down on every call ever and a lot of. THEM i get, it it's fifty to fifty. Here you're you're an experienced, referee you probably know the rules better than the average. Fan BUT i couldn't even believe that he was like trying to tell us that was the right. Call and credit To Doris bull for calling him out on.
Speaker 4: That like we got a great tweet of the night later one, okay that plays into this great Stuffy doris call.
Speaker 6: It doros has been trending just about every game she's been calling lately On twitter for saying something or doing something. Funny it's been. Hilarious but that was actually really. IMPORTANT i think That doris was basically, Saying, busch stay May no you're talking mate, Yet no you're. Not you're not a referee. ANYMORE i know you used to. Be but, no that's a crap, Call steve call at a crap call because it. Is and what they should do in that, situation this Is i'm proposing a new, rule is they should go up To Chris middleton, say is are you calling? That are you seriously going to call?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 6: No call your own fouls from now on in the last thirty second because Because, chris do you want to go to the line when everyone's, like, nah, man that was a terrible, call or are you going to be, like, yeah, nah he didn't found he didn't faidly play on Because I'm i'm Sure Chris middon would have said that he wouldn't have taken.
Speaker 7: That, wow, wow, interesting we're good touch.
Speaker 6: You there are there are times where you, know for all of, Us i'm sure you're watching game like there was no way that was a foul or vice, versa and then you look at the reflan and, go, oh, okay yeah they got that one.
Speaker 1: Right you, know there was a we see all the timely we. Do we see it on this podcast all the. Time it is got to be one of the most difficult jobs in, sports of, course to be AN nba, official with the talent on the, floor of the athleticism on the, floor the bang bang nature of these. CALLS i DON'T i don't know why you would ever want.
Speaker 6: To be a.
Speaker 1: Ref i've said that. Before it seems like an insane profession.
Speaker 3: Because it was easy to not be a.
Speaker 1: Ref we're all doing it right. Now, yeah well we Can, yeah, right well we. Can we can stop going To Steve javi, though, okay like we can cut this out of the broadcast because it's actually hurting the. PRODUCT i, believe in my, opinion it doesn't add. Anything he doesn't add.
Speaker 6: Anything it doesn't help when he does just sort of, say, well you, KNOW i did see some contact, There so it was down to interpretation the WAY i saw it a good, call you, know like that doesn't that doesn't help at. All but you know my point as. Well earlier in the, GAME i Think yanna's had three fouls and he drives inside and it looks like an offensive. Howl he gets call for the offensive foul and The bucks challenge it and it gets. Overturned AND i thought that was a bad overturn because you see that all the time where the guy's just sort of barreling in and he hits the, defender but they overturn. It and, now, Look yanna's had three fous it would have been his fourth. FOUL i wonder if those sorts of things come into it as, well BECAUSE i think that when you look at, that it's like that to, me there was not enough of, that you, know evidence to overturn the, call and so in this case as well With, middleton it was like, like it's a bad, call and now no one had a challenge. Either but at some point you've got to, say, oh, man this is a this is a terrible WELL i don't know how they do, it but to defend that is very. Bad but then, again you, know ultimately the hate do go on to win this, Game but if The bucks had somehow won that, game then the conspiracy theorists are out and out in full, force because it's, like, well the rest just wanted to make you, know THE nba wants to make this a close, series and they want to Save yannis the m V p and all that sort of. Stuff so it was a it was a bad look For Steve, javy bad look for the for the. GAME i LOVE i love.
Speaker 3: IT i want to see just how bad of a call he will.
Speaker 7: Defend the calls kept getting worse and, worse and you're, like how's he gonna do?
Speaker 3: It, man how's he gonna?
Speaker 4: Say this is?
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah Javvy's he's on fire for me right.
Speaker 3: Now he's the he's the guy you love to.
Speaker 7: Hate he's Like Paul hayman when he comes, up you know on The Jumbo, driver.
Speaker 3: Gonna say something to fire us.
Speaker 1: Up, YEAH i, know you're. RIGHT i was thinking of that. Too it's like it's getting more and more, extreme like someone's like gonna pull out like A samurai sword and just like cut somebody's arm. Off, nothing it's Go, steve you, know LIKE i could see what you're, saying BUT i actually think that's the right no call for you, KNOW i know we cleanly took off his right arm there with That samurai. Sword but, yeah like, yeah it's it's it. IS i guess it's, fun but it's also. Infuriating it really, is again credit To doris But.
Speaker 4: Yeah but the internet was calm Until Chris middleton rose up And Goran dragic was kind of around and didn't affect the shot and the whistle was. Blown we were good watching this game for forty seven minutes and fifty six year right to play, Right, yeah it was like it. Was it was a good. Game and and really those all those the free throw thing And Jimmy butler got saved a little bit because of that horrendous pass that you know To Brook lopez underneath his.
Speaker 6: Own right, defense right.
Speaker 4: Defense, yeah, yeah well great defense from a guy who doesn't usually get any. Credit Kyle korver with part part of that double there And George. Hill, yeah but, y'all so have a time, Out Jimmy beer and you're in front of your own bench and you're up four. Points he just, also don't throw.
Speaker 1: It to your own. Net if you're gonna call it a, bounds do at least like chuck it off, them like try to do a, door did you know WHAT i? Mean like you see that every once in a, while you should just call the time. Out but you're putting it to the biggest guy on the court right under the.
Speaker 4: Rim it's just crazy to See Jimmy butler go into a fourth. Quarter we all talked About jimmy and then he just he wasn't a big part of the offense at all yet eight points going into the fourth. Quarter he hit five free throws in the fourth, quarter and you, know a couple of them were because there was a makeup call at the end of the. Game so he just why he wasn't the fourth quarter option it, was but like he went into it and he and there's that great article on The athletic he, said there's a lot of guys that can do that for us going into game, two it might not be. Me and it was, like are you are you setting this? Up are you trolling? Us and, yeah the heat were just they were. Awesome they looked so so. Good AND i don't, know you guys actually want to talk about, basketball.
Speaker 1: But, yeah, sure, SURE i MEAN i will say one more thing about the free. Throw Jimmy butler, SAID i WISH i could kick it in there and say that's HOW i won.
Speaker 4: It What Jimmy butler is, hilarious.
Speaker 1: Weirdo he's saying when he gets fould and he goes to the line to win the game on a buzzer beating free, throw he wished he could have kicked it, It, tess you, know because there was a soccer related sort of like it was almost like a penalty shot.
Speaker 4: Type, yeah felt it felt like A pk With Kelly. Olini they're back there At midport Watching come, on, man It's Roberto. Benini what's not Not Roberto? Benini Roberto.
Speaker 1: Roberto.
Speaker 4: Benini the direct.
Speaker 1: Beautiful but then you, Also jimmy like wapping up the virtual board like like you a, guy just absolutely.
Speaker 4: And another line for Pat riley walking, in walking, out he, said you're, Good you're not going to have a. Stroke you're you're in good. Condition to Pat, Riley you're not going to have a, stroke is what he said to. HIM i don't know if that's a hit at The, president BUT i don't. KNOW i don't know what that.
Speaker 1: Was let's talk a little bit about the, game because, yeah he did try to give it. AWAY i thought The bucks in the third, QUARTER i guess it was it felt like they short of they sort of showed up like The bucks defense that we sort of knew from the regular. SEASON i thought they did ramp it up there to start to make this a. Game and, yeah look we can get into the. Hall what's bodenholes are Doing lee with sitting his guys. STILL i, mean you're, honest you, know fowls come into play. Here but he's still he is extra conservative when it comes to these guys in terms of their minutes and not even allowing them to play when they sometimes get into foul.
Speaker 6: Trouble what do you, Think, YEAH i guess he's sort of relying on what got them. There he's, like this is how we played during the regular. Season i'm not going to change things, now but of course in the, playoffs that's when you do need to change. Things you need to make adjustments because you're going up against a team, that again is so well prepared and, honestly like you mentioned the third, quarter AND i think you're right, there because in that first half it was only six, points but it felt like The heat were in total control to, me and it was, like, wow The bucks Are they're scrapping just to stay close to the team that they really should be in control, of and they. Weren't but they did start playing with a bit more, intensity in a bit more, effort And yanna said some free throws and so it sort of started to flow a little bit for. Them but THEN i think it Was Kyle korver hit a, three and then after that then The heat sort of went on a bit of another run to sort of stretch the lead out. Again so it's going to be interesting to see what happens now With bootonholes in game, three does he just decide again If yanniss Or middleton are not in foul, Trouble i've just got to play these guys forty. Minutes Kyle korner only played ten minutes last. Night BUT i thought In game one they had a little bit too much of an alliance On Kyle. Kora he's a great. SHOOTER i love, him he's a, veteran but he should be out there for like spot minutes here and. There he shouldn't be a big part of their. Rotation AND i thought he played a little bit too many. Minutes tightened up again in that game. Too But Mike bodenholes is under a lot of pressure. Here he needs to find a way to come, out not just get a, win but a sort of convincing, performance a forty eight minute convincing. Performance that's of course on you stop. Plays but the, coach it seems to me that he's looking over, there light, gown save me a little, bit here, goes rather than making strong moves that are actually gonna put his team in.
Speaker 1: Control he needs to try something. ELSE i don't think he can just keep banging his head in the wall here and just hoping and praying that it's gonna go like the regular season. Does it didn't work last year for your, BUTTON i don't think it's gonna work again against this heat THAT i, SAID i tweeted Like it felt like to me that the heat as this game went on was, like we can end them right. Now we can win if we win this. Game and it sounds, insane it's only game, two but if we win this, game they're, they're they're, they're they're probably gonna have a lose face in their in their, coach maybe, themselves and maybe they just want to get the hell out of here IS i thought the intensity From, miami AND i know they always play, hard but really was cranked a spinal tap eleven Here, trey where it was, like we can end. Them this might be, Over like we Can we know we can beat, them and they may not know they can beat or start to lose faith in that they can beat us four times. HERE i tell you that's the TAKE i from this. One the vibe of.
Speaker 3: It, YEAH i feel the same.
Speaker 7: Way this series reminds me of when The spurs won the first two games against The thunder back in the, day but then The thunder came back using their athleticism and their length and their, effort and it just kind of turned the tide because when you look at the fourth quarter and you Got George hill And Kyle korver out there for The, Bucks it's, like what what these guys are playing crunch time? Minutes they tried to do this With lebron in twenty eighteen and it didn't, Work and it's like you Got bam out Of bayo out there playing Against. Giannis bam was on the floor for twenty four minutes of last night's. Game the guy was, everywhere falling, down trying to dunk on, people taking, charges getting, bumped like he was giving every single bit of, effort and that didn't necessarily feel like what The bucks were. DOING i Thought jiannis was great in the last six. Minutes he was super, aggressive he was running people, over he was getting to his Weird euro. Steps but that hasn't been the case for you, know the entire forty eight. Minutes when you're talking adjustments, wise you look At giannis's minute, Total he's at thirty, Six so Is Jimmy. Butler Chris middleton was a foul, trouble he was at thirty three, minutes so Is bam out Of.
Speaker 3: Bio so, YEAH i, Mean.
Speaker 7: Bud probably needs to ride his guys a little bit, harder just because what Is Kyle korver gonna?
Speaker 3: Do like he was.
Speaker 7: Great that was a nice. Trap he can hit some. Threes he's been consistent for. Them he's knocked down, shots no doubt in this playoff. Series but relying On corver to be a key piece in the fourth quarter of a game in twenty, twenty that is.
Speaker 3: Tough.
Speaker 7: Man just it seems like getting nothing From content And devincenzo is more of a problem than you would.
Speaker 3: Have expected for The.
Speaker 7: Bucks they just look completely outclassed so. Far the series can still, turn but it's not looking.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 7: Miami it feels like sees and smells blood in the water and they are ready to just bring the effort To, milwaukee And milwaukee hasn't hit first.
Speaker 1: Yet, yeah BUT i think has to, realize, right, Like, OKAY i get, it we want to play you on his thirty six minutes because we want him at one hundred percent in those thirty six, minutes or the same With, Middleton, Right but he also has to know if we play them forty four minutes and we only get at them at like eighty, five ninety percent whatever it, is that's still better than these guys who just Listed trey that are playing those. Minutes it just is he's the damn two TIME. Mvp so if he's a little more gassed for some, possessions, sorry it's still. Better it's like way. Better AND i don't know if he'll. CHANGE i don't know just how stubborn this guy is when it comes to making. ADJUSTMENTS i don't know what you.
Speaker 4: Think, Tas, yeah he did scale it back or you, know reel it in a touch going into a game two. Here BUT i totally agree watching their offense and watching you, Know giannis And Chris middleton and this sort of system where everybody's gonna get a touch and everybody's gonna touch it outside on the. Perimeter it's there's no faith In Pac contan to hit a three point. Shot he's not a great three point. Shooter And dante De, vincenzo we watched him through the bubble seating. Games he just didn't play all that. Well he just wasn't ready to take. That i'm more of a in The George hill. CAMP i think you know him playing some corner mitz is actually sort of makes sense Because Eric blitzoe struggles at. Times George hill actually did chip in with some, minutes but shortenly. Rotate you don't need to play. Ten there is a, reason there is a reason all coaches go from ten to, eleven Like Mike bunholzer has been playing through these first two games to. EIGHT i, mean just cut those guys out, here because you're right about The, hey we're gonna we're gonna get better eighty five percent Of giannis than we are of one hundred percent Of Don David tevincenzo And Pat. Conton and they got all the oldies out there on the, Bench Marvin, Williams Kyl korver And George hill trying to chip. In Maybe Kyal korver should just stand at the three point line and jump and hope somebody fouls them because they're calling that every single, play somebody is getting fouled out. There but, yeah that they have to scale back the, minutes AND i JUST i don't know if it's gonna. Happen that being, SAID i do want to put this on the players a little, bit because the fourth quarter it wasn't. PRETTY i wrote down all THE wtf moments from The bucks just in the fourth there's a lot of. Them lopez hand off To middleton is a handoff to The Miami. Heat they can't do a dho a dribble, handoff bledsoe, off bounce a shot early in the shot, clock or he grabbed that rebound and just kind of like threw it up for what. Reason Middleton entry passed The. Lopez everybody in the world knew it was. Coming it was telegraphed Shared.
Speaker 1: Jones junior, right or he comes from.
Speaker 4: Behind yet, yeah they doubled it and it was Every this is The heat defense number one and number. Two he didn't pass it, immediately just he was just. Waiting and Then matthews passes up at three and Then yanna, says give it to me with a lob and he just lined it at him and there was a turnover with the bled so passed To Jimmy butler That Jimmy butler intercepted in the, corner which was a very nice, interception but bad. Pass and Then middleton missed the. Layup it was just a, layup which. Happens but there's just a lot of moments here where they could have played. Better AND i think just the last Thing, trade you, know touched on The Miami heat coming into this. Thing they are working their asses off for forty eight minutes while The bucks aren't every single. Possession Goran dragic a guy you don't think about defense at. All just watch him how hard he is scrapping to get into every. Play, yeah bams on the. Floor everybody who's playing is scrapping and if, not they're. Off so, look The heat are also going. Deep they're also playing a lot of, guys but those guys are playing, well and then that's the. Difference they're. Playing they're playing ten, guys but those guys are just they're they're playing, great and then The bucks guys aren't The and The bucks guys definitely picked it. Up The giannis block in the middle of the second quarter On Jimmy BUTLER i think kind of shook, him shook The heat a little bit and brought The bucks to a new. Level but they're not playing like that every, Minute and so we thought coming into the, series are The heat just not going to be able to score but outwork The bucks or The bucks talent level going to Be is it going to rise to the occasion? Here, well the talent level can rise to. OCCASION i think if they play those guys more and they got to bring some more, INTENSITY i think The heat have just they've L, yeah this.
Speaker 1: Is the first number five seed to take a two zero series lead over a number one. Seed that has never happened before, here so that's a little, interesting he. Said Phoeba dragas there once, again really really impressive early, on and that's steal from behind where he like dove to grab this steal like midway through the third quarter's he is leaving it all out. There Tyler hero another seventeen off the. Bench he had another big fourth quarter three. TOO i think that was after a timeout they drew it up for. Him Jay, crowder this guy's letting it.
Speaker 3: Fly he's.
Speaker 1: There Marcus smart right, now you know Former celtic he four for twelve from deep And Derek Jones. Junior that's a perfect, example like you're talking about task of like those guys getting spot minutes for the. Heat they're bringing, it whereas The bucks guys are. Not Because Derek Jones, JUNIOR i thought he had some like really impactful fourth quarter minutes like blocks and, steals and he had a crazy crazy layup he hit. Late so he's really really solid for the.
Speaker 6: Heat, yeah he probably wasn't gonna play, though If iggy doesn't get. Injured so, yeah that's, true you, know but that's more credit to the hate that they players are always ready because he actually played quite a bit against The. Pacers BUT i Guess sposters didn't like him out there in those first first game and a. Half but THEN i was, like all, right we need you when he went out and. Performed, yeah and.
Speaker 4: He took his regular season experience of Guarding. Giannis smarter people than. Us On The athletic wrote About Derek Joe junior could be a bit of A Janis garter In i'm not going to call him a, stopper but A Janis garter in this. Series and yeah he. Was they. Knew they just know every possession of what they're, doing. Right they're scrambling the way they collapse and then recover to, everybody it's like somebody playing the accordion Collapse boom bang boom, band like the it's in and out and in and, out and they're just all over the place at all. Times it's it's fun to watch him on, defense and The bucks have that. Too but, yeah like you mentioned The Gordon draich, recovery the band, recovery they don't have that all the time right. Now they're getting to. Play it's just. Wild Jimmy butler has eight shots in this. Game Goran drives is leading the way with eighteen shots in this, game and they. Win Because Gordon drois is an unheralded. Guy he just he just keeps doing his, thing and this is his this is his premier playoff. ROLE i guess like this is the most he's ever shown in the playoffs really as a sort of a one a.
Speaker 1: Guy, yeah on a team that looks like it could go obviously to a conference, finals maybe even a, Finals so for. SURE a couple more, notes just random. Notes, Lee you're always bringing up The simpsons here on the. SHOW i can't believe you haven't mentioned The Jimmy butler turning Into Homer simpson Or curly From Three stooges on that jump ball where he's like he's going around in a.
Speaker 6: Circle, YEAH i saw you tweet. THAT a few people tweeted out that was pretty hilarious them do that little Little it was Even Brook. LOPEZ i think it. Wasn't they kind of got tangled up.
Speaker 4: There, yeah that was.
Speaker 1: Funny, again the classic Weirdo jimmy. Moment AND i thought of this watching this. Game, now this one's really, strange really. Random note The Miami heat could throw out the very Rare No dunks lineup if they wanted. To, no we haven't seen it, yet but this is WHAT i mean by. This, Okay i'm, dragic will go with me as Dragg i'm gonna Go, lee You're Duncan, robinson you're the three point. Shooter, Genie i'm gonna make You Meyers leonard because we haven't seen a lot Of Myers, leonard but he's still contributing from the. BENCH i, mean have you Seen Myers leonard over? There that guy is. VOCAL i, mean he's like an assistant.
Speaker 7: Coach he's got some great. Reactions somebody yesterday he was, like, yeah that's the only reason they got him.
Speaker 1: There and THEN i was. TORN i was, like Is Trey tyler hero or is He kelly Olinok, now you're a big man that can shoot the three in real, life But i'm actually making You Tyler Hero trey because you're the young, guy a useful guy in this. Group and then that makes Task Kelly, olinock WHICH i still think we're out Both canadian. Too so that's The Heat No dunks lineup will we ever see? It drag its Hero Duncan, Robinson Kelly olinck And Meyers. LEONARD a lot of those guys play at the same, time but just not all five of. Them so there you, go all.
Speaker 3: Right you Know bud would find a way to get those five guys on the.
Speaker 1: Course probably. Probably, Okay, wow this is gonna be a ninety minute, episode no. Doubt we will get to Our Clippers nuggets series. Preview but first word from our.
Speaker 6: Sponsor, well you, know you guys have heard enough about my manscaping routine cleaning my, pots SO i decided today to outsource my agreed to a longtime fan of the, Show. Sarah, great take it, Away.
Speaker 1: Sarah oh my, God hey it's Me.
Speaker 8: Sarah i'm here to talk to you about. MANSCAPED i know what you're. Thinking what does a woman know about men's grooming?
Speaker 1: Products? OH i don't.
Speaker 8: Know HAVE i ever kissed a? Man HAVE i ever been with a?
Speaker 7: Man And i'm not just a.
Speaker 8: Woman i'm a writer and editor, too SO i know some things about dangling.
Speaker 9: Participles And i'm here to tell you that not every dangling participle has to be a hairy, situation not With manscaped here to provide you with the best tools for your grooming. Experience being one Of No dunk's female fans means listening to a lot Of hibbert stock.
Speaker 1: Every, day every.
Speaker 8: Morning and, Guys i've had.
Speaker 9: Enough if Your paul millsack is to Danielgallin, narley then it's time for you To landry shave.
Speaker 8: It SO i buy my husband some manscaped. Products, now my husband does a great.
Speaker 9: Job of mowing the. Lawn And i'm not just talking about the grass in our. Yard the lawnmower three point zero is the best hygiene tool for the modern. Man and because of the ceramic blade and the skin safe, technology.
Speaker 8: Your snags will be. Reduced no more of those loose.
Speaker 9: Ball fowls you can. Lose door it in and out of every nok and. Cranny now it's, smooth smooth balling in our. Household get twenty percent off and free shipping with the code The athletic twenty At Man's that's twenty percent off with free shipping at manscaped dot com and use the code The athletic.
Speaker 1: Twenty take your grooming game to the next. Level, wow that's well. Done, well great, Job sarah you are. Shamelessly ellis, thought oh my, god give it note his and read.
Speaker 6: Responsibilities, now, hey, listen, man we've got more than just males in our. Audience AND i, thought, listen where don't we get females? INVOLVED i Asked. Sarah she has answered straight away and she did that and it was a fantastic. Job thank you so, Much. SARAH i thought that was very very well.
Speaker 4: Done, yeah no matter What Sarah gray sent, In lee was going to be okay with. It, yeah, Absolutely but it just worked out that it was absolutely. Incredible that is.
Speaker 1: Definitely the first Time lee actually watched the, Video it's not not it and said it TO.
Speaker 4: I watched it last night several.
Speaker 6: TIMES i enjoyed it so.
Speaker 4: Much it was just, perfect. Perfect And Tyler, Gray sarah's, husband also had to had to watch that, there and he, commented just NOW i had to mute. It couldn't couldn't listen to.
Speaker 1: That, well, yeah your wife just talking about your smooth balls on a smooth. Ball all, Right, well let's get to the manscaped series. Here it's The Clippers. Nuggets this one tips Today thursday at nine Pm eastern ON.
Speaker 6: Tnt interrupt, says this is weird because that is my, sister not as.
Speaker 3: No, okay, WELL.
Speaker 4: I guess this is all. Weird now it's gotten.
Speaker 6: Weird good, good it's.
Speaker 4: Too weird for a. Husband he's at it all.
Speaker 1: Right The clippers took two out of three regular season, games including a one twenty four one eleven victory in The. Bubble so let's get to the keys to this Series Clippers, nuggets and then we'll make our predictions. Task get it. Started what are you?
Speaker 4: Watching, Well Jamal murray is going to be the now number one objective for The clippers, Defensively they're just going to be Watching Jamal. Murray AND i think this is gonna be the one series Where Kawhi leonard has to Guard. JAMAL i think whoever's playing point guard for them is going to be too little to Guard Jamal, murray whether It's beverly Or Landry, shamont AND i Think Paul george is too. Big so it's just gonna work out That leonard is going to be On jamal. Primarily that's going to be as matchup like it has been the last two times that they played during this regular. Season so that's going to be exciting just Watching leonard have to exert a lot of, energy expend. Energy you, know it's not just your playing pick and. Roll Jamal, murray he's going to give up the ball and he's going to freak and run around off ball and he's going to be. Dancing AND i, think you, know we know that guys are going to help out with those GUYS i just, mentioned and if it's The, zubots this is going to be a really, big really big series for. Him we saw what happened In. Utah If Rudy gobert comes up and Plays Jamal, murray things, change the numbers. Change so that's gonna be their, huge huge. Focus this is going to be so hard For Jamal murray to go come after what he just. Did now he's gonna be Watching Kawhi. Leonard AND i Think kawhi can sort of lock in on this end of the floor BECAUSE i think this Is Paul george's series to take over on the other, end AND i think it's Good Paul. George he's he feels like he just had a nice fresh manscape. Grooming the fact that the fact that this is a new series he should, feel you, know a little. Rejuvenated also because he's not gonna have a tough. ASSIGNMENT i think going up on the other, END i Think Jeremy grant's gonna be Guarding kwhile like he has all, year And Paul george is gonna get millsap Or Tory craig is a little too small for, him Or Michael. PORTER i don't know about. That So Paul george should have the freedom and the ability just because the, defender he's gonna have him on to go, offensively And kawhi can expend all that. Energy SO i think that's what's gonna. Happen we're gonna Have we're gonna Get jamal come back to earth a little, bit because this is The clippers defense.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah kawhi And Patrick, BEVERLEY i, mean you're, right they just sort of made life miserable For murray in the regular season, matchups and they would do that to a lot of. People so we'll see what we get From kitchener's. Finess, Lee let's go to you BECAUSE i know it's playoff p related And task was talking about. Him you think he's the key here for The clippers moving.
Speaker 6: Forward, well THAT'S i think a very important thing now for him and The clippers going. Forward he had eighteen points on that first round against The mavericks on thirty six percent shooting from, two but only twenty seven percent from. Downtown now he's talked up a big game and he had a very good game In game five against The mavericks in that blowout. Win and if he's more like playoff p in that, situation THEN i think The clippers win this year is pretty. Easily but if he's not, that, then you, know it does give it opens the door a little bit here For. Denver So i'm Expecting Paul george to sort of go into this feeling a little bit more, confident a little bit. Happier you. Know he said he spoke to the team psychiatrists to sort of deal with those issues he was, having you, know with the mental side of the. Game SO i think now that he had such a good, response he's going to just be a little bit more comfortable going out there to. Play and this is his time now to step up and deliver as. Well we Know kawhi is going to be. Great we know the clips has got very good role, players but he is not a role. Player he's a star. Player and now going up Against denver who don't have a great defensive matchup for. Him he should be able to feast out. There he really should on the offensive, end and if he, can then the clip is going to look so much. Better SO i think he's going to go into this series feeling, Like, okay got that first one out of the. Way now playoff p is going to show. Up AND i hope he does because he is exciting to watch when he.
Speaker 3: Gets it go.
Speaker 6: On but you know he hasn't hasn't done it consistently yet for The clippers for.
Speaker 7: Sure what about, You, trey what are you watching in This we got to See game, Seven Nikoli, jokic every single game for The Denver nuggets to pull off this, upset, because Like tass is, saying whether It's kawhi or whether It's Patrick, beverley it's gonna be a tougher matchup For Jamal. Murray and if you saw his interview With Scott Van pelt after Their game, seven Van pelt told him you got to play On, thursday And jamal was, like you've got to play in two more.
Speaker 3: Days like this guy's.
Speaker 7: Already exhausted and now he's got to go play against one of the best perimeter defensive teams and the entire. League so you imagine he's going to be a little bit slowed no matter who they put on, him which means That jokic has to take advantage of the advantage he has in this, series which is playing Against Aviatza.
Speaker 3: Zubats he's got to be able to put him in the. Basket he's got to be able to score from.
Speaker 7: Outside, Surely jokic is going to bring them all up sometimes and create shots for The. Nuggets and then he's also got to bring it. Defensively he's got to clear the glass for The, nuggets and he's got, to you, know do his little getting his hands in the, way maybe step up a little more so that we don't just See Kwhi leonard hitting a parade of eighteen footers off the pick and. Roll this is gonna be a big series For. Jokic we've seen that he can show up in the. Playoffs he had an Incredible game. Seven he hit the clutch, shot he hit the game winner with the ground. Hook he's just got to be like that for every single game if The nuggets are going to be able to compete against The.
Speaker 3: Clippers, Yeah i'm with you on.
Speaker 1: That for them to have any, chance he's got to be their best. Player he might have to be the best player on the floor in some of those games for them to actually have a chance to pull this. Off but at Least denver's best player with all the attention that you would assume is going to be put on, Too Jamal, murray that's a great. Call the only Thing i'll add to this is The. Nuggets The nuggets three point defense is key to this series for them to win some. Games but really it's just, LUCK i, think AND i, mean they just got to hope The clippers miss some of these looks because if you looked up the numbers in the first round for The. Nuggets in the four games they, Won utah shot thirty eight percent from, three which is still pretty damn. Good but in the games they, Lost utah hit forty seven percent from, Three so no chance. There bad news for. Them The clippers are good three point shooting. Team their third best three point shooting team in the, playoffs and we're really good during the regular season two around thirty seven percent over the whole. Year SO i Know schumann pointed out, too they they they're really good at the catch and shoot three point, percentage so they're good at, that and that's where the pick and roll action comes. In it's gonna be decisions to be made with The. Nuggets what are we doing? Here because you know The clippers are gonna run pick and rolls and if you're, helping and you might have, to they're gonna be guys opening the sides and on the corners and they're gonna get their. Looks so you just gotta pray that they miss some. HERE i think really comes down to. THAT i don't think lot of people are going to be picking The nuggets to win this. Series but they need The clippers to go ice cold in a couple of these games from, distance and they Need Jeremy, Grant Michael, Porter Tory craig to AND i throw In Gary harris who's been nice cold but then just come. Back they need them to hit threes too to counterbalance, that because they're good out there a lot of those guys, defensively but, man when they can chip in the little three andy, there that's. Great so three point shooting will be massive here for The nuggets to pull off. THIS i wonder if The clippers are looking ahead, already you, know is there any concern about. That let's get to our predictions, tasks like could they be overlooking The nuggets at, all thinking of The lakers maybe in a conference, finals and would that help the chances of The nuggets to get a game or? Two what's your.
Speaker 4: PREDICTION i don't think The clippers are overlooking, anybody especially after getting shook to the core By Luka doncics just. Now they saw What Jamal murray did as, well AND i think this is a decent matchup For Vitza, zubats his fellow bulk and Brother Nikola jokic to be guarding. HIM i think they match up well And Jamal marie it's probably a little. TIRED i think they're going to be, ready Especially, yeah after having to just deal with a guard all series. Long they Have they just did. It they just did their, homework you, know the way it, was the way it worked out in round. One SO i think they went in.
Speaker 1: Five, Okay clippers in. FIVE i have a weird feeling this is going to be a popular pick, Here But, lee where are you? Going?
Speaker 6: YEAH i want to give The nuggets two, games BUT i JUST i just can't. REALLY i think they've Got Jamal murray the star who's going to drag them to one. Win but, Overall Kawhi, leonard he's, rested he's, fresh he's ready to. Go he's too much of a handful for. Them and at times against The, jazz The nuggets looked awful and other Times murray And jokic kind of saved. Them but outside of those, Two i'm NOT i don't have a whole lot of confidence in those guys now going up against The. Clippers So i'm also taking The nuggets in. FIVE i want to pick them in, six But i'm not going.
Speaker 1: To there is A Michael porter revenge angle to this, series is there? Not in The clippers overlook him a couple of, times and he's an leg and all. That maybe you'll come fired. Up But, trey where you go and do you? Go sweep you? Go clips and five clips and six where you?
Speaker 3: Fall, Well i'm definitely on The.
Speaker 7: CLIPPERS i think that they are getting better as the playoffs go on as. Well Montrez harrell was late to the, bubble has performance improved throughout the course of the series against The. Mavericks at some point they're going to Get Patrick beverley, Back they're gonna get, healthier they're going to get a little bit more. Cohesion but you, know The nuggets have been playing a lot of tough. Games it's apparently a shooter's gym down. THERE i have confidence they can get. Hot give me The clippers in, Six clippers in.
Speaker 1: Six so he's got The nuggets taken. TWO i don't mind. It i'm ultimately gonna go With clippers in. FIVE i thought long and hard about a sweep, here But clippers just feel like a team, that you, know with a lot of guys on that squad that just like to talk a big game sometimes and maybe are looking ahead and thinking titles that they might give one away or The nuggets might grab that. Win BUT i Think clippers in five is it feels like the safe bet here in this. Series but let's hear from you. Guys tweet at us at no dunk stick three of, us clip five tray the only One clippers in. Six all, right we're gonna get you set for today's. Games we got tweeted the night, still but first a quick, Break, okay time for tweet of the.
Speaker 4: Night tweet out the Night, wow got two for you today fellas the first coming From Tom, martin who fabricated the exchange BETWEEN espn Analyst Doris burke and former Referee Steve. Javy he wrote his own here and it was too enjoyable not to Include Steve. Javi, So, DORIS i think ultimately this is the right, Call Doris. Burke STEVE i literally could not hate you. More. JAVY i understand, That, doris but again video shows it's the right. Call. Doris there is no army in the world that could stop me from kicking your.
Speaker 6: Ass.
Speaker 4: STEVE i just liked it too much not to include. That everybody having so much fun talking.
Speaker 1: Referees, god Let's Mark, Davis Scott fuss you' And Steve. JAVY i love them, all but pretty.
Speaker 4: Good, names you.
Speaker 3: KNOW a couple Of javvy's great to.
Speaker 1: SAY a couple two syllable names that aren't there Love.
Speaker 4: Foster and A vb for My australian, boy ah. Boy, okay next one here it's from not quite retired but Eventual hall Of famer, here RETWEETED. J. E. Skeets photoshop here Of pagasol playing the sacks and uh our Man Tim duncan playing the. Cello is that a? CELLO i, GUESS i.
Speaker 1: Guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah zach coalks about That pagol epic. Photo love the MELODY i.
Speaker 3: Love Oh, yeah he put effort into finding those. Emoji's yeah he.
Speaker 1: Did he went deep. There, yeah not my. PHOTOSHOP i want to make that very. Clear this this photo has been around for a, long long decadet AND i legit think about it a. LOT i. Do AND i was, like it popped in my head the other night while we're tweeting during the. Games i'm, LIKE i found it very. Easily you, know it's not hard to. Find threw it up. THERE i did at Pau gasol BECAUSE i was, LIKE i don't know he might retweet. THIS i, mean what is he doing right? Now and it is such a funny, Photos and of course he did SO i. THINK i THINK i don't have his the Exact twitter handle, name but somebody tweeted Me clinton thirty three or something like, That, tray maybe you can help me. Out i'm not sure it's a guy that's been around On twitter for a long.
Speaker 4: Time clinton lied Or Clinton. Knight, Yeah clinton.
Speaker 1: Ninth there you, go he. Says he says he created that, Photoshop, SO i, MEAN i have knowing of that's.
Speaker 3: True i've got.
Speaker 1: For a long. Time but, yeah that's a great. One that's a.
Speaker 4: Classic is That sarah grayce. COUSIN i don't. Know we're just just saying. Stuff, okay, yeah we're all done there on. TWEETING i think is probably becoming a doctor is what he's probably doing right. Now that's A, yeah that's a B E burn, says that's a base task not a.
Speaker 1: Cello if you don't know anything about musical, instruments.
Speaker 4: A, bass what it's?
Speaker 6: Not just a?
Speaker 4: BASS a? Base what acoustic?
Speaker 1: Bass bas? Cello is that a?
Speaker 6: Thing, yeah it's a.
Speaker 10: Bass it's a base like a bass violin, basically but they just call it a. Bass some people call it a double.
Speaker 1: Bass that's What zach, coxsplayed, Right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah BUT i think that's a. Cello BUT i think it's they used a. Cello but it's supposed to be a.
Speaker 3: Bass, wow oh got, out we'll have to it. Mellow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it's an upright.
Speaker 10: BASS i, know it could be a, VIOLIN i, mean but it's supposed to be it's supposed to be an upright.
Speaker 4: Bass up right. Bass stand up bass string, bass an oversized. Ukulele nobody knows what it. Is i'm reading all these comments from the.
Speaker 3: Chet if you Use, manscape your ukulele can look like a double.
Speaker 1: Bass, Hey, trey have you ever caught one of those sweet?
Speaker 3: Basses, honestly every TIME i see B A s s, NOW i have to Think i'm all about that.
Speaker 1: BATHS i had that the other night thinking about the word perfect and? Perfect, man how weird is? THAT i?
Speaker 4: Think so?
Speaker 1: Dumb sound all? Right games? Today?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, well we talked a lot About nuggets, slippers The manscape series nine O'clock eastern ON. Tnt can't wait for. That but let's talk briefly here about the first game of THE tnt. Doubleheader dude Or, Die toronto Versus. Boston boston up two oh in this, series, man, CRAZY i have two two oh series in The Eastern conference right. NOW i see you're wearing A raptor's jersey, Skates so you take it away, here give me your thoughts on this. BASKETBALL i think.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely Right. Tasks it's do or die for The. Raps they're they're not going down three to zero and coming. Back that is just not, happening BUT i still. BELIEVE i think they win. TONIGHT i Think, lowry you, Know i'm hoping It's lowry or A. VanVleet one of these guys can hit some. Threes i'm gonna put my money On lowry hitting four or five threes. Tonight SO i like The raptors'. Chances you, know we talked about. It you know they're down. Too, oh BUT i liked WHAT i saw a lot more In game two that was more the Classic, raptors at least. Defensively now you just have to get a. Shot That's, it's honestly the all it comes down. To and it'd be nice If Marcus smart could miss some three pointers as, well though he just got he got fined five thousand dollars for flopping In game two versus The. Raptors that's the clip that you had up there that you just. Captioned.
Speaker 6: Dude, YEAH i was, like, dude what are you?
Speaker 4: Doing?
Speaker 6: Man come? On like he just he Didn't he barely even Touched saka and then just threw himself on the. GROUND i Love Marcus, smart BUT i hate. THAT i hate, that AND i hate it when people say he's just trying to make a play.
Speaker 3: Man, no he.
Speaker 6: Wasn't he wasn't trying to make a. Flight that's just wakes, piss wake as piss.
Speaker 1: Easy you had to take that, up do?
Speaker 6: You BUT i tell, You i'd love to have smile on my. Thing, though because he saw what he, did he. RESPONDED i think he kind OF i don't think he checked social mediator between, periods but he was kind of, like, YEAH i, DIVED i. Died i'm gonna have to make it up for my team, Here and he.
Speaker 1: Did sure? Did he sure. Did how many threes Does Marcus? Smart what's the over? Under Marcus smart's three four and a. Half, Wow i'm taking the. Under there's no way you. Can't i'll take THE.
Speaker 6: Iv he's gonna do it. Again oh my.
Speaker 1: GOD i don't like The raps chances if he said in another five threes that that will be. Rough But i'll go the under on, that AND i got The raptors.
Speaker 4: Winning test Thoughts trey on this hoop match later, too.
Speaker 7: Looking forward to this hoop match between these two basketball. Squads The raptors have to win if this is gonna be a. Series we've been looking forward to this series between The raptors And celtics for years at this, point and if The raptors go down three to H i'm gonna be mad at.
Speaker 3: Him i'm gonna talk trash to my.
Speaker 4: Friends oh, boy, boy this is The Dave freddy gets a little. Loose he's he's.
Speaker 7: Gotta Yeah Lowry Van vleet Or. Siakam one of these three needs to be an offensive plus for The.
Speaker 1: Raptors, yeah, yeah so. Task do you like The raps taking this one?
Speaker 6: Tonight?
Speaker 1: Yes all, right, yes, yes you're gonna be standing in front of your. TELEVISION i know said he was going to join.
Speaker 4: Me, no all, right, Okay i'll stand for a possession at.
Speaker 1: Least all, right what are you? Doing throw Your Morris peterson shirt on or shirsey or whatever you got there and take a photo for. HIM i got, BOTH i got.
Speaker 6: Both, Yeah i'll put them both. On well, yeah one's, Asleep, well they both. Sleep there's ones that like a practice. Jersey you.
Speaker 1: Know it's the gray.
Speaker 6: One, yeah that's my favorite. One But i'll wear the red one as.
Speaker 1: Well, cool thank, you, yeah true, Friend SORRY i cut YOU. Offo we're gonna say.
Speaker 4: That the red one or the gray. One, oh that's A Walter mitty. Joke what about you're Talking, simpsons what about do the Dort? MAN i think we.
Speaker 1: Can, YEAH i saw someone tweet. That really, Yeah, katie smart, smart do the Dort. MAN i would have called today's show do the Dort man if the thunder had pulled it, off but said we'll just call It, Mark steve And scott.
Speaker 3: Or something like.
Speaker 1: That now we'll do better than.
Speaker 4: That would you spell if you're, gonna if you're gonna tile, it do the Dort?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah would? You would you spell do du because it's kind of, like oh, no.
Speaker 1: INTERESTING i, wouldn't, okay BUT i could see why you. Would i'd go Dort, man uh capital D o R t m. AN i wouldn't dash it up by any. Means it'd be Like. Bartman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, well that's our three hundredth episodes of the. Season. Crazy that's. Crazy so thank you so much for if you're still listening to this, one BECAUSE i know it's quite, long and if you've been listening throughout the regular. Season, wow we how? Many we got like a good twenty? Left still? Right?
Speaker 3: More oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah another one hundred far far.
Speaker 1: More six. Weeks, yeah basketball at. Least oh my, goodness so uh that is pretty well so thank you so. Much if you listen to the podcast on, iTunes, geez that would be the perfect time to leave your boys a five star rating and. REVIEW i, mean we just did three hundred episodes in ONE nba. Season we're not even. Done jd or a. Machine. Guys emails your questions and comments To No dunks at The athletic for the next beat step. In thanks for joining us. Today that was a lot of. Fun clipper. Bros you heard it here.
Speaker 3: First have a great time turn. Up love you guys.
Speaker 4: Awesome thanks for joining, us and Remember trey is all about that. Bass and if you're all about that, bass check out The Ripping lips series on Our No Dunks instagram. Page Go.
Speaker 1: Raptors brace, today.
Speaker 8: People you could stay boom every day and day happy every.
Speaker 1: Minute it's been so long that your no FUN.
Speaker 10: A, Way.
Speaker 2: It's happened.
Speaker 8: Already it's gonna be grevy