Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This He's Talking Cowboys training live from.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys World Course at.
Speaker 4: The Star in Frisco, Don't Tech Burgers, Hares dot TIXI Town and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's so wonderful Wednesday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in.
Speaker 3: The s w b C Studios. Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 5: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Chris Beam is in the back. So glad you're with us.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 5: We are so back. Yesterday off had a lot going on within travel and family and obligations. We get the people going absolutely mischie guys yesterday. Glad to be back today and to talk about this Cowboys team trying to keep the offensive moment. I'm going against one dan Quinn watch.
Speaker 2: That we're not going to skirt past someone with trademark infringement.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 5: Would you like to talk about?
Speaker 3: Talk about this? Let us do this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go correct Bring it, buddy, because correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm wrong. But the Eco dance originated.
Speaker 2: That's not going right, Talking Cowboys, and yet yet here we are enjoying seeing our brother Isaiah nfl networking.
Speaker 3: Out of liveing and living color out of nowhere. Great show. By the way, he starts doing the post game breakdown of the Cowboys and dance. Explain yours? Okay, but did he do it on Talking Cowboys? No? Where did he?
Speaker 5: Where did he do the Rico dance?
Speaker 3: Good morning? Okay? Okay, you guys done?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hey Beamer, explain, Hey Beamer, I've been a representative of Talking Cowboys for how many years now?
Speaker 5: Since twenty twenty twenty twenty six years?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Six years? Six years?
Speaker 5: Are six?
Speaker 3: Sixth season? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I am an extension of you guys. Oh yes, I am an extension of Talking Cowboys. Would you guys disagree with that?
Speaker 3: I would?
Speaker 2: Wherever I go, I represent you guys, come, and I represent our listeners. Okay, So where I am here upstairs on the toilet or in the freaking.
Speaker 3: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 2: I'm now hey, let's yes right, I am gonna to represent my people.
Speaker 3: You know what else I did this week, since we're.
Speaker 2: Bringing it up, I did the Rico dance. You know why, because I am talking cowboys wherever I go. You know what else I did? I gave a shout out to Barry Church on the show. I brought up BC one of his quotes.
Speaker 3: You know what his quotes. It's gonna cost you a little, It's gonna cost you a lot, but it's going to cost you. You know what else?
Speaker 2: I brought up Nate Newton, Oh wow, John Wick in reference to Aaron Rodgers. So wherever I go, I take my brothers with me because I am my brother's keeper. Okay, So that being said, I like it. That's that one hold on that's being said. She money, yes, okay, checked that out. On Friday, the movie section Allow me, he canna do.
Speaker 3: A movie section, a segment on football.
Speaker 2: Please allow me to REBUTI hit retort, Allow me to retort, and Tom, you shout it out, Barry Church.
Speaker 3: I love it. You shout it out, big Nate. I love I didn't say big Nate, though, I didn't say, but I just said this quote. Okay, fair enough, but did you did you shout out talking count? I mean, do I have to?
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like I'm the answer. I feel like I'm one of the main ingredients here. You are, you are. What we're saying is for the people that don't know, this is not infringement. If I if I was a personality that just came in the show and then jumped out of the show when this are using our stuff, I would feel like you need to you need a reference.
Speaker 5: But you're you're saying that you are foundational.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so let me just bring it down for a second.
Speaker 6: For one second, I think, to echo what Patrick is saying, to kind of finish off the argument. It would have been nice if you just said our name.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe next time. The Cuban missile crisis to.
Speaker 5: All right, that is the crisis of Good Morning Football.
Speaker 2: I I was thinking about my brothers, and I saw the opportunity and I took it.
Speaker 3: It was a little shout. It was a little shout, yea thank you. It was a little bit of that was for you.
Speaker 2: You guys think that anybody else knew that, but you should have said anybody else?
Speaker 3: With anybody else is.
Speaker 6: From Talking Cowboys on dallascowboys dot com, where you get the best cowboy nice.
Speaker 2: But guess what I had, I had sliver of I had slither opportunity when I did that dance.
Speaker 3: Who would know what I was talking about?
Speaker 5: All the talking listeners, the family?
Speaker 3: Do you think the gmf B family who knew what I was doing?
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely freaking not. So that was homage to my brothers and our listeners.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it was communication.
Speaker 6: And Chris Rendon in the chat says, you should have said because I'm always talking cowboys, I could.
Speaker 5: Have could have found like like the khy sat it away.
Speaker 2: It's fine, I'm gonna I'm gonna make a sign for you to take with you next time.
Speaker 3: I'll take it with me.
Speaker 2: So there you just hold just take this. And I thought I was doing a good thing with it backfired. Listen, where do we get We're just giving? We're just give a hard time when you get to music. Yeah, we love Isaiah. Isaiah's cooking up real nice. Make sure you'll check him out on Good Morning Football. If you have multiple monitors, if you have multiple devices, you can watch this concurrently exactly. But you know what President that makesure you the sound on with this one. Yeah, yeah, I have a sound on this one. So we love him. We were having phone with him with that in the group chat before we got here.
Speaker 3: So what does he give? Give him some smoke? Josh.
Speaker 6: Well, if you guys didn't know, Talking Cowboys is brought to you by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 3: These is a coffee sponsor of the Das Cowboys, calling all Cowboy.
Speaker 6: Fans because if you didn't know, you get ten percent off your total purchase on game days when you wear Cowboys gear at Black Rifle Coffee. Isaiah, I don't know if I want to give you one of these. These are ice cold soft and an ice cold espresso salty caramel Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 3: You haven't had I haven't had that one?
Speaker 6: Or do you want the energy drink? I have that shirt, the Black Rifle Energy zero Sugar.
Speaker 3: I have that shirt. So that's the one he wants. That's the one you want? Wild Frost was the flavor. It's like, this is an energy drink. It's not no, no, give me a coffee. You want to coffee? I want one of those expresses. Salted.
Speaker 5: I thought he hated coffee.
Speaker 3: You don't have that sound too. I have been converted. We don't hate coffee on this bro. No, no, no, Here's.
Speaker 5: The thing is he said he didn't drink coffee.
Speaker 3: Now he's not.
Speaker 2: That's right, Bemer. You know why, because I I am committed to this show, Beamer. I am committed to this show just because I did not like something, just because I didn't partake prior to them becoming a sponsor.
Speaker 3: You know what I did. I went ahead and I don't.
Speaker 2: Adapted, not like trade songs, but I dove in and I became a consumer of our sponsors drink commitment.
Speaker 3: It is committed. I gave it a try. You know what. Because I tried it, I adapted, and now I am one with the black rifle. You know who needs to make some RTDs. That was Crisp. That was Crispell.
Speaker 5: Are you going to finish this by the end of News and Notes?
Speaker 3: He's going to finish as chugger.
Speaker 6: No, noue here, see, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Ready for It's two oh that tastes good right around like nine thirty four. We're just not going to be able to stop Isaiah.
Speaker 3: He's getting ready for qbvumbs up and there we go.
Speaker 2: It's time for news and notes. This is all right, so the Cowboys. Oh so Caramelly Kramelly. Yeah, like the.
Speaker 6: Shouts the black riflemmy, I'm not chugging what you sipping on.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. I do not know. No, I don't even know what do not know.
Speaker 2: We've got to get in the news and seven.
Speaker 3: So all right, news and notes.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys are back on the practice field today.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's all they say at my house now they anyways, Dad's no. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Cowboys back on the practice field today for the first time this week to start preparing for the visiting Washington Commanders. Based on the conversations that were had and heard over the radio with Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones and even Brian Schottenheimer, he played it. He downplayed a little bit, which is kind of on brand for him as the head coach. He wants to see these guys on practice on the practice field first, but he did express the same optimism with Jerry Jones saying thumbs up, thumbs up on Ceedee Lamb and Cavante Turpin and possibly likely even returning this week.
Speaker 3: To take on the Washington commander.
Speaker 2: So it could be some firepower on the way for the Cowboys offensive side of the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, no, see, what does that do for the defense?
Speaker 2: Not a damn thing, But it does help the offense even more, so, I got to tell you, And those are two big weapons. Obviously, goes without saying. The expectation is also that Carson, Kayln Carson, and Jonathan Mingo. So Kaylyn Carson is your defensive help. That's on the way. You can view that however you choose to view it. He and Jonathan Mingo are expected to be activated to the fifty three man roster this week. Cowboys really have until next Wednesday to make that decision, but sounds like they're gonna make.
Speaker 3: It this week. We'll see.
Speaker 2: They did waive wide receiver Jalen Cropper yesterday to make room for at least one of those guys. He will go through waivers over the next twenty four hours or twenty four hours from yesterday, So we'll know today at some point, no later than three o'clock Central time, if he cleared and if he clear expectation and the hope is from the Cowboys that he returns to the practice squad.
Speaker 3: What do you believe? I believe he clears. Yeah, he'll clear. Have you seen it?
Speaker 5: And remember he was on the practice squad the entirety of the season, so teams have had ample opportunity. But yeah, he played a little bit. But I don't think want to change.
Speaker 3: I think you're fine. Yeah, I think he clears.
Speaker 2: And if he doesn't clear, then congrats to him and wishing well no matter what happens. You know, obviously wishing well if he's on the practice squad here because you want to got to do well. And if he gets claimed by another team, that means another team also believed in him, and you know, shouts out to him for that. So as it stands, that's the only transaction, the corresponding move. As far as activating Carson or Mingo, that hasn't happened yet, so give it another day or too. We'll see which one of those two things happens, if not both.
Speaker 5: So if they activate, so that they're leaving that spot.
Speaker 3: Open for a moment, but you know how it goes. It does, so something done.
Speaker 5: So with that spot open, and they would need to clear one more spot, yes, if they want in order to reactivate Mingo and Carson at that point.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, who you think that person would be? That's the question. I guess.
Speaker 5: I don't want to throw names out.
Speaker 3: There if you're going to bite on the cheese.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 5: It may also be one of those situations where there's an injury that we don't know about quite yet, of course, where it was an injury depth guy ends up with an ankle something like that. R ing, Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 3: Ing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, something like that. Yes, you got to get something's on it.
Speaker 6: In terms of uh cause, I know I think there's a conversation there and when you're talking about Kayln Carson coming back, I don't know if that's necessarily help on the way, Like you said, you choose can interpret that how they interpret that. But just curious to you guys, does it sort of feel like having Kalen Carson back into the fold? Does it feel like sort of like a starting over with kaal and Carson because you didn't necessarily get to see him play very well or very much in his rookie season.
Speaker 5: It's a great question because I think he has had a reset period, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just trying to get healthy.
Speaker 5: He's just trying to stay healthy enough to wear because even he.
Speaker 3: Played through injury. Remember when he played at.
Speaker 5: The end of his time playing, he played through some some different things. I think this is his final clean slate. You get the opportunity, you get him out there and you'd see what you hope you were getting out of the draft and in his opening training camp and things like that. It's on that opening game in Cleveland where he played well. I think all of those things are true. But you also have to have the expectation that he won't be an immediate help, and that is there's going to be a little bit of a ramp.
Speaker 3: Up period there.
Speaker 6: But would it be safe to say that you might have an upgrade over a guy like kyer Elim.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe that's what you're hoping for and that's all you can hope for. And I do agree. I do think this is a reset for Kaitlyn Carson. I think this is basically a blowout the cartridge type thing OG reference.
Speaker 3: That's a great you know, So this is putting in your.
Speaker 2: Shirt, blow up the cartridge, put it in the if it works, and.
Speaker 3: Playing Donkey Kong guntry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I think that's what it is and what it has to be for Kailing Carson like you mentioned, and like I said, a time or two double dribble like I.
Speaker 5: Played that the other day NBA jam What was it?
Speaker 3: No double dribble dribble before different before your time.
Speaker 5: I thought it was an NBA JAM reference.
Speaker 3: Before I didn't know what the reference was. My bad.
Speaker 5: It's a double.
Speaker 7: Dribble bther this guy.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, appreciate you here talking cowboys.
Speaker 3: It's been so much. He doesn't know anything about double dribble, and I know it before his time. Sorry about Kyle's a sound basketball player. Apologies, wouldn't know what the double dribbles if it hit him, you know, you know it's kind of crazy though. We don't have any sponsors in terms of that.
Speaker 2: But my sister, my sister just sent me some old stuff from like like my mom's house. She was cleaning out, like the basement and the garage and all that. She sent me my old high school double bag. Okay, and it had. She sent me my PlayStation original one PS one, but the original bro with the game loads in the top. Bro me on C double A all my C double A games and everything.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: I'm about the hook it up with my son's one thing.
Speaker 5: I will never forgive my sister, never forgive her for it, and she'll she knows this to this day when she was When we were kids and I had my original PlayStation, my.
Speaker 3: Parents saved up money.
Speaker 5: We didn't come from a ton of money, saved it up. Me got it for Christmas, parents or Christmas present, and it was the coolest present I had ever gotten in my life. My sister like two weeks after getting it, maybe a little more more like two months after getting it, she was probably five or six. She like when it was open, the cartridge was open, there was a little ring at the top, and she thought like it was a ring that you could put on your finger, So she like clicked it off and put it on like a like as like jewelry. And I remember trying to click my CD my game back in the top and I was like it won't spin. Why is it not spinning? And I was like where is this part? Like I don't know what's going on. I was probably ten years old. I didn't know what to do. And I looked around and she had it on her finger and it was like no way. We took it to a place they couldn't fix it at the time, and I ended up like not getting I never got to play that PlayStation ever.
Speaker 3: Your sister wanted to get married. I don't know if it was on a ring finger. I think it may have been on one of the other ones.
Speaker 5: By the way, By the way, Double Dribble was released in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, day was amazing, amazing As as someone who has sisters, I can just tell you right now, the payback that would have occurred.
Speaker 3: Against their dolls. Their dolls would have.
Speaker 2: Been it would have looked like a scene from Sauce Pain. It would have a scene from Actually Can take over.
Speaker 5: Here twenty five years later, I'm still feeling trauma.
Speaker 3: That one hurts.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that hurt, came a cart person did play through injury last year.
Speaker 3: I tried to pull a county that that was good.
Speaker 2: Kayln Carson did play through injury, And like I mentioned a few times on the show, I had some some really in depth off the record conversations with that young man, and he told me about the shoulder struggles also and how that compromised his ability to tackle. Because he was honest with me. He was like, hey, when your shoulder is you know, popping in and out. Yep, you lose the willingness to go hit, to go hit. That was part of his draft tape. That was the good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. People say, well he's said, hey, he's he's whiffing on. Yeah, you know, what is it.
Speaker 2: I've had three evidence, three labor evidence, as is talking to this day.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: It's still mentally is like, oh yeah, I'm not gonna throw that arm out there. So now that Kevin Carson is completely healthy and has so much time removed from the shoulder issues, like you said, hard reset, now let's see if he's willing to get his body back out there. Let's see if one of the green flags coming out this.
Speaker 5: Is his final chance.
Speaker 2: No, you don't thinks so, no, no, no, no, no, no, okay, I don't think it can be when you're struggling with guys like how you're elam and.
Speaker 3: Right current situation.
Speaker 6: In the future of some of those guys to this defense in particular.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So I don't feel like this as we have this conversation to him being activated likely this week, I don't think this is the final chance. I think that you know, as long as he's serviceable, at this point, that's something to build on.
Speaker 6: He just has to get back on track, and that's something that he wasn't able to do. Like we're saying, from the shoulder injury last year, even when he was trying to grit through it and play through it.
Speaker 3: It's it's a hard reset.
Speaker 6: If he's one hundred percent healthy, just let him start from one.
Speaker 3: Does he come in and leap frog on the depth chart? I can't imagine how hard that would be.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, but I don't think immediately because I think that they have to feel him out as far as like Grace, I mean, you're coming off of an injury, then another injury to had you in ir to start this season.
Speaker 3: So he'll get opport unity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my point. You get opportunities and he might leap frog.
Speaker 5: How much that I.
Speaker 6: Mean if they are competing every day, then I can't imagine it'll be that hard for him the leap flower frog.
Speaker 3: But give him a couple of weeks or so, it could happen.
Speaker 6: But that situation has turned since.
Speaker 2: But that would be ideal for the Cowboys if Kiln Carson kind of histor ground running and leap frog's anybody on the depth charge and that's a good sign for him.
Speaker 6: And that's not to mention sivone revel either.
Speaker 3: Who's on the come up? Where's he at still still? So do we have any word as the not a thing.
Speaker 5: The the entire stance of the organization is that there has not been a setback. But I my opinion, just my opinion, I don't like using that. They don't like using it period. I I think it looks like.
Speaker 2: I will say this based in evidence to what Kayla saying, I don't know that there's been a setback and not been a setback. I can tell you that he's now working in a race and he was not worth working on a brace initially. So do with that information what you will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just it's tough to kind of really tell because we're not behind the scenes and we don't have the one the training or to the eyes of the training staff to get on it. But the information you can get take context clues of oh, he was going to be back within the first month of the season. If you were a month and a half in and he hasn't even gotten on the grass, can.
Speaker 3: You please remind the people as to where he was drafted at third round, third round, and the expectation was for him to be back.
Speaker 5: When hasn't happened yet?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: When we come back on Talking Cowboys, we flip our attention from the cowboys offense to the commander's defense led by one Dan. When we've got some QB vision on the other side of the break, more Talking Cowboys after this, I'm home.
Speaker 2: Hey mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice Hey can you?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hon?
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine?
Speaker 3: Wow? Isn't it nice? Not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 8: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact ten more tours. Strictions and exclusions apply. S ATT dot com slash Guarantee for details.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle Coffee today.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have for generations.
Speaker 3: To help you get the job done right. We're with you.
Speaker 9: That's our promise to you because no matter the project or.
Speaker 3: The challenge you're facing, where with you? Where are united?
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you have some great talents, and.
Speaker 7: They got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 2: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 1: What would you like the power to do.
Speaker 2: Bank of America, the official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 1: It's a Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking cow cow Boys. This segment of the show is brought to you by in visil Line, the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick no Cy Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. We've got Isaiah stand back back in the building.
Speaker 3: How is that you like that that black rifle get your some.
Speaker 5: Jingle.
Speaker 3: That's like one of the best logos ever. Like, you know what the funny thing is.
Speaker 2: Before I left the other day, you know, did the pregame postgame shows with the Cowboys, and then I went and go hop on a flight.
Speaker 3: I grabbed my.
Speaker 2: Bags and I was like, okay, I need some comfortable clothes to wear on a flight on an airplane. I grabbed my black Rifle T shirt and it had that logo on it, and I was like, I love this shirt.
Speaker 3: It's a comfortable shirt.
Speaker 2: But you can't see on that particular logos he's holding like a you know, a weapon.
Speaker 3: And you know, black rifle, Black rifle. Yeah, I was like, this is probably not the shirt to wear on the American airlines, like that one doing the ape.
Speaker 2: Not your regular size human walking on a plane with a black what a freaking I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 3: Sasquatch holding a rifle. Probably not a decision.
Speaker 6: It's good though, is gonna get real friendly with you?
Speaker 2: I'm serious, serious, wild frost zero sugar solid black.
Speaker 3: Did you know, can't go wrong?
Speaker 2: Fun factor day before you say what you're gonna say when you walk on an airplane? So my wife used to be a flight attendant, and did you know that when you walk on an airplane, the flight attendants are what's the.
Speaker 3: Best way to say, they're profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're profiling you to see who can help in an emergency situation?
Speaker 3: Do you guys know that? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They profile you to say, Okay, who can in the case of an emergency? Who can I go up to to help us in a situation that I need some physics? That explains why I'm always like, oh hi, how's it going there? Bro? So every.
Speaker 2: Ever since I was made aware of that, like I can literally see, I can see when I'm being profiled in that way, right, now negative profile, but profile. I'm super aware now, Like they look at you, they're like, hey, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, you just put me in that bucket. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Whenever I walk on every time they've got a clipboard and they say.
Speaker 2: Out scratching quick shouts out to Chris and Johnathan, I see you both.
Speaker 3: Yes, Tokyo Google, if you seen it, you know what else you've seen? What else have I seen?
Speaker 5: You've seen some film? Because it's time for a little bit of QB.
Speaker 3: Why Eddie, why Eddie cut up?
Speaker 4: It's time for QB vision with Isaiah's standback.
Speaker 3: Let me go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about it. Not a whole lot to talk about because you guys already know this, all right. I know our listeners are educated because we always ensure that you are the what smartest ones in the room. You know this guy, you know, dan Quinn Washington Commanders. He was for a number of years a little bit he had defense balling. He changed the culture over here, so we know what he's all about. Who does he have over there that you're familiar with.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a handful of guys. Doris Armstrong kind of know him.
Speaker 2: He's a little before a little bit beat up right now, hamstring issues in and out the game, but you know what he provides when he is there. Other names, Okay, he has some veteran contributors. It's just nine, yeah, ninety. Doron Pain he's still a dude. He's still a due. Deron Pain is still a dude. Is he as much of a dude as he once was? I don't believe so, but you still gotta respect him. Yeahs is not so good right now for them. Javon Kinlaw another big name that everybody's familiar with. He's been a really good player for a.
Speaker 3: Very long time. Would be a better me too, Me too, Let's go to be a dude. Who else do they have? Jeremy Reeves and Marshaun Lttimore, Tostedo Plaza, so those are also on the Von Miller that's another name that you guys would be familiar with just from being a vetterer, being a veteran in the league. He's kind of a highed assassin at this point, the eternal rookie bro.
Speaker 2: He's walking around just collecting checks right from whoever he wants to give out a contract.
Speaker 3: So those are the big names that you guys play at high level to be fair for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, define hot, yeah, oh ignogny did. I couldn't say his name when he first was here, but he's still there as well.
Speaker 3: Those are all.
Speaker 2: Names that you guys are familiar with that, in my opinion, are not doing amazing things. They're guys that have big names, but they're not doing amazing things outside.
Speaker 3: In ninety four, durn Payne put some respect on his name.
Speaker 2: Now let's get to the guys that you know their name and they are contributing. Let's talk about their linebackers. Bobby Wagner freaking out Hall of Famer go jacket. I know, I know, Bobby.
Speaker 5: Was he still still that good Bobby in two hundred tackles a year?
Speaker 3: And how is he?
Speaker 5: That's an exaggeration.
Speaker 3: We had a chance to get him by one. We did have a chance.
Speaker 2: We had a chance to get him here. We opted to go in a different direction, and that individual is no longer playing football.
Speaker 3: Tried to get him here, I know, but he ended up getting him there.
Speaker 2: So Bobby Wagner is still one heck of a middle linebacker in this league, not just just he is a vampire in the sense that he just seems to not age.
Speaker 3: A fountain of youth if you will.
Speaker 5: Tony also just like disappears off the film and then pops up where the ball is.
Speaker 3: Listen like he just like just te can't mirror or anything at night crawl.
Speaker 2: And if he's in the area of the ball, you're probably going to the ground because he's a tackling machine. He has a comrade. They gave him the game of bash Bro. What you say, yes, I man, Frankie Levoo. Frankie Levoo, I like Louvu. Really good player. Okay, So fifty four and four those two who's about that action? He's about that action.
Speaker 3: Boss.
Speaker 2: Both of those guys will run and hit Bobby. Bobby, he's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what you want, right. If you hear crazy, man, I like you.
Speaker 2: If you have a solid middle linebacker, the best thing you can do is give him somebody on the out on outside of booking him right, booking him with linebackers that can run and hit right, that are that are just violent, sometimes reckless. But guys at Seaball hit ball is the reason why we're looking forward to uh the de Marbreon Overshaw coming back he's that stylid player, you know, Shamar.
Speaker 3: James, you know, came at seventeen tackles this first game.
Speaker 2: Like those guys at Seaball hit ball, they don't hesitate because the middle linebackers always going to ensure that they're right. So those are the two guys on this defense that I believe is really the core of their team right now, those two plus Darron Pain.
Speaker 3: What do they do? Well, we know what they do. We know that they're going to do a four man front. We know that they're going to load the box up.
Speaker 2: We know that they're gonna play single high safety, and they're going to mix up coverages between primarily playing cover one, Press one and playing cover three, and every so often they'll mix into two high safety. But they do it in a way that, oh, we're being very very sneaky. Is single high and then all of a sudden they're safety who is a down safety, strong side strong side line safety turns and runs. Soon as you see that guy turn at the snap of the ball and run, they're running to a cover two. Okay, it's as plain as day. I mean, it's ridiculous, right, They're not hiding at all. They think they're being tricky like, oh, I'm in the box and then they literally and they has to snap in the ball. It is Halloween after it.
Speaker 3: They're not backpedaling, they're not angling.
Speaker 2: They are turning and sprinting because they have a long way to go to get to their position. It's very obvious when they're going to high safety. So with all that being said, there's nothing that they're going to do that you're going to be surprised by. There's nothing that they're going to do that you haven't seen that you're not comfortable with, that you're not confident in being able to eliminate.
Speaker 3: What do they do? Well, don't get in third and long. Hmm, that's really it.
Speaker 2: I wish I had more to give you. Don't get in third and long. These guys are going to press you. These guys are going to bring pressure. Occasionally, when they do bring pressures, it's usually up the middle with one of those linebackers. They want to they want to come through the middle of Yeah, they want to come through the middle of your set. They're going to widen out the defensive ends that they're going to try to get your offensive line to go from being hip to hip shoulder to shoulder, and they're going to try to spread these guys out to create running lanes for their linebackers to go ahead and penetrate and get to your quarterback. These guys are six in the league and quarterback sacks. They have eighteen quarterback sacks on a year. They're doing relatively well in that department in terms of rushing yards giving up, not great, Bob, not great, middle of the league, middle of the pack there. In terms of passing yards given up, bottom of the league, okay, bottom six. I believe it is these guys are giving up yards, yes, sir. I have a question for QB visions. What you got there, sir? Do they prefer zone or man coverage?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, sir man, they are many. They're manning. They they are manning.
Speaker 2: No Peyton. These guys want to get up to the line of screams, put hands on you. They want to bless you. So there's a lot of opportunity to get these guys in the passing game. But I truly believe, as good as their linebackers are that you can still run the ball. I really think that you can run the ball. And with their guys playing down in the box, seven man box, sometimes eight man box, depending on your personnel. Grouping offensively, if you can get that effective running game going, you can throw the ball all day long because they don't have one corner that can take away what you do passing wise, not one. They brought in Marshaun Lattimore to be that guy two years ago.
Speaker 3: They brought him in, They traded for him. They gave up some solid draft equity to get him in there because they thought he was that goon on the outside that can come up, press you, bring the attitude and put hands on you at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: He's not that whatever they thought he was. He is not what they thought he was. So they don't have a guy, so what can they do. All they can do is try to get pressure with their front four, and they don't have a guy Von Miller, Dorrin's Armstrong. None of those guys are really getting to the quarterback right now. Is typically by committee, and if you find yourself in a third and long situation, that's where they're getting these eighteen sacks. They're forcing you to hold the ball because they're pressing you up on the outside and they're not allowing your receivers to get clean releases. So as a quarterback, what do you have to do. I have to sit back to hold the ball a little bit longer right. Instead of it getting rid of it in two point five deal two point seven seconds, I have to hold it to three seconds right so that my receiver can actually get some separation. And usually by that time, dan Quinn is banking on his guys getting to your guy. That is all they do. That's all they've shown in these first six games. That's all they have shown for the last few years of dan Quinn. They're just a little bit less effective this year in.
Speaker 5: Their top ten in the league in terms of running zone. To give you a little bit more concrete answer, they run in about thirty six percent of the time, which still means it's more than most teams in a single So it most of it is cover one, yeah, cover three. Yes, I think fifty percent of their snaps are cover one and cover three is what it looks like here.
Speaker 2: So when Kyle gives you guys as stat don't don't be oh no, they play a lot of his own.
Speaker 3: They playing cover three.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cover three most often times turns into cover one.
Speaker 2: And this is why I pose the question because I wanted you guys to break this down just before you're doing it for the fans so they understand, because they might log into like a next gen.
Speaker 3: Is almost we can take it. Yeah, not so fast.
Speaker 2: It looks like so Cover three looks like Cover one oftentimes until you have receivers that run across the formation. When our receivers cross the field, that's when it causes a lot of issues for a Cover three because now you have a safety that has to make a decision on which direction to go. Who is he taking? Is he taking the over route? Is he taking the shorter route? Is he taking the deep posts that's threatening him over the top. You can create a lot of issues again if you can block it up and you can stay in good down the distance. I am not afraid or even threatening a little bit. I respect the heck out the coach and what he can do. If you can stay in good down a distant situation, I don't foresee this being a problem, but you better figure out ninety four and you better not allow fifty four and FOURID to have run throughs.
Speaker 6: My thing is, at least with this defensive line, you're not going up the Panthers front again, which sounds kind of crazy, But now that we know the result of what the Panthers did to you with Derrek Brown Nashan Robinson, you're not facing that. You have to respect Doron Payin, of course, but it's not like you're unfamiliar.
Speaker 3: Of what these guys are prospecting to you.
Speaker 6: You know, Darren's armstrong. Darren's armstrong, excuse me, and you know what he's going to do for me. Like you said, it's the linebackers, it's Frankie Louvu, it's what Rose Boom did the Dak last week and kind of giving him fits and kind of getting him off his spot. Lufu is going to do that tenfold. He's going to do that a lot. And Bobby Widener is there to clean up a lot of that mess because he can. He can cover the middle by himself, it seems like, so you have to be concerned there. Saint rustol Is, that is uh sanstrol Is, dan Quinn's Jay Lou that's what he's using him for. Eighty percent of the time. He's in that nickel formation covering the slot, so you have to be aware of that. Having CD back for this game, if at all possible, is going to be huge for you because you will be able to clean up on the outside with Cede Lamb and George Reed.
Speaker 2: This has to be a bounce back game for this, for this ground attack from the Cowboys, and you mentioned it's the way you mentioned it as far as like you know, the Panthers front all credit due to those guys. They absolutely just bullied. Absolutely they did. But I see that and I hate it. But then I see what they did against a front that had Quentin Williams and I love it. I see what they did again against the front that had Keevon Thibodeau and Dexter Lawrence, and I love it. So these guys in the trenches for the Cowboys, offensively.
Speaker 3: They can move bodies. They just didn't do it last week.
Speaker 2: And then we'll see if Tyler Booker talk about guy's returning, you're likely getting Cavante turping back. You're likely getting Cede Lamb, like you said, massive, massive, because it just I mean even with George Pickens, and let's say Flinoyd continues to contribute that that du will own stresses their personnel. But then you add CD and George and it's just like they better pray for pray for anything but rain, because rain is coming. But then when you look at the offensive line, if Tyler Booker can get back on the field to help you with that push against a guy like Deron Payne, then yeah, maybe you can, and hopefully you can get Javonte Williams going again. You do that, now you're in third and mid third and short and it's just fair game from that math.
Speaker 6: And at that point you just have to eat the clock, man, because you don't want this defense out there very long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no doubt about that.
Speaker 5: And I've got a question when it comes to pass rush because you're talking about the sacks. They have eighteen sacks in the year, top ten in the league in that category, but they're kind of middle of the pack in terms of time two sack, which is becoming more and more of a prevalence that in the next gen era, they're about halfway actually below AdVac more than anything, How do they get their pressure, because there's a blitz percentage there that dan Quinn will use certain guys. Where does it come from. If Dak press Gott is going to be pressured, where is it coming from?
Speaker 3: It's coming from the middle. They're blitting from inside.
Speaker 2: But it goes back to the point I made that if you find yourself in a third and long situation, what are their corners going to do.
Speaker 3: They're gonna come up in press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And if come up from press, it disrupts my ability to get off the ball. It normally takes me one point five seconds to get to ten yards. Now it's taking me one point eight, one point nine, you know what I'm saying, to get to get to ten yards. And then when I get to that point, now I got to try to get your hands off me. Like the quarterback is having to sit back and hold the ball to allow the receiver to do his work. Right, I have to allow my receiver to do work at the line of scrimmage. I have to allow my receiver to do work at the top of his route. And that's why teams that have corners that can press, and you have defensive lines that can get to the Quarterback's the reason why those are some of the most disruptive teams in the league. We can go back in history. You can go back to Seattle Legion and Boom. That's why they were so effective right. The defensive line was absolutely nasty, and the cornerbacks can come up and press you with there with the long arms.
Speaker 3: That's what dan Quinn wants to do. That's what he's coming from early exactly right. So now the quarterback is having the force balls and get the ball out earlier than he wants to.
Speaker 2: That's what he wants to do. Schematically, he doesn't have the corners to do it. So having if you can get CD back, if you can get turping back, if you can have Georgia out there.
Speaker 5: Guys that win at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: Now you're screwed because now you have whether you're running one or whether you're running three, it looks the same. The only difference is if you're running three, you have four underneath defenders. If you're running one, you have three underneath defenders that are responsible for guys coming out the backfield response for tight ends. Everybody has a responsibility versus cover three. My outside guys are playing it like man, but they're responsible for that third of the field. If you can overload them and overload their responsibilities, you can really really take advantage of them.
Speaker 5: I found the exact number fifty seven percent of snaps from dan Quinn's defense have been in cover one or cover Threeah, so more than half the time they're running that.
Speaker 2: And when they run two, it's the most obviously in the worlos. Yeah, and then I'll GUIs it at all?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, we're used to that.
Speaker 5: When we come back. Oh, here I go speaking on the same thing about George Pickens and Cede Lamb returning, Cavante Turpin returning. What is the target share going to look like.
Speaker 3: With the guys?
Speaker 5: Because George Pickens has had an incredible couple of weeks. How do you keep that momentum going without taking opportunities away from ced Lamb? There's only one ball to go around when we come back with more talking Cowboys one beat?
Speaker 1: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game? Oh? I watched. I've been seeing some good thanks totally.
Speaker 7: They have some talent, you have some cream talent, and they got some fight hoping. This is the year me too. Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 1: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 2: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys Copyright twenty twenty five Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with a one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 6: Game day lineup that can't be.
Speaker 10: Beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 3: Thank for everyone, the wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy Liptbam make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: I'm home, Hey mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice? Hey can you ahn?
Speaker 5: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 3: Here's your wine? Wow? Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 8: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. The strictions and in exclusion apply at dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the Coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Appreciate joining us.
Speaker 3: We're consumers of our sponsors. Yeah, shout out, And we've.
Speaker 6: Converted Patrick Walker like this is a big deal, the fact that he's drinking anything that has the label coffee on it.
Speaker 3: Because it's not clack coffee. Okay, shouts the black craffle coffee, shouts the black rifle coffee.
Speaker 2: Because they're expecting their versatile you're making You know what happens.
Speaker 3: You know what happened.
Speaker 2: They listened to the show and they saw hum, no sails to drink coffee.
Speaker 3: We need something for no sea. Yes, what can we do?
Speaker 5: Boom zero sugar energy drink no coffee?
Speaker 3: Is what R and D matters. Researching.
Speaker 5: Listen to your consumers and you create no doubt about speaking of creating, there's only a certain amount of opportunities to create.
Speaker 3: On an offensive side of the medium sized pizza and you have three hungry participants.
Speaker 5: You think it's medium size or is it a large?
Speaker 2: Even if it's a large, I eat a whole medium pizza by myself. That's an extra large pizza, extra large, extra large pizza. But you got three huge appetites. Okay, who are those three appetites? Well, you got Cede Lamb, You have George Pickens, and you have the guy who catches everything pretty much five yards and it uh the leading tight end reception leader in the NFL.
Speaker 5: And top top five overall receptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So three huge appetites. One pizza. How do you slice it?
Speaker 5: There's the question we're talking pizza.
Speaker 2: I think I think you gets a new pizza every every play to new pizza every play. I mean, you don't go into any of these plays saying that, Okay, well, you know, going for for the whole game.
Speaker 3: We're all going to from the same piece.
Speaker 2: And you know, George, you're on a heater, so we're gonna make sure we target you, you know, nine times in CD, seven times or six times until further notice.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no. You take what the defense is giving you.
Speaker 2: And that's why I love what Dak Prescott is saying when he's asked questions about you know, when CD was on the field, and he's asking him, well, do you find yourself sometimes looking for CD? Do you find yourself sometimes looking for George after you've targeted CD two or three times? To make sure George gets involved where Jake gets involved. His answers always know, you take what the defense is giving you, which is fair, and that's how you should approach it.
Speaker 6: So that should be deep dish pizza this week.
Speaker 2: There you go Chicago style. If you will look so if you if you approach it that way, you should be. But if you approach it that way, then by the end of the game, because there should be no egos in a win. Okay, maybe this particular game against the Commander CD comes in and he goes off twelve catches, one hundred and seventy five yards, two touchdowns, and maybe George has, you know, six catches for sixty yards, Jake has his handful and everybody's if it's a win, okay.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Or maybe it's the opposite.
Speaker 2: Maybe George goes off again and this one fifty and one, and you know, whatever the case may be, just approach it by.
Speaker 3: Rep I think that's the right answer.
Speaker 5: I think that's what they should as a team rely on, is take what the defense can give you. But we've seen, at least in a short sample size, going into week three, there was a considerable effort to get Ceedee Lamb the football.
Speaker 3: In weeks one and two.
Speaker 5: There wasn't as much of an emphasis on getting George Pickens the football in weeks one and two. It happened three, four, five down the road, and he's been incredible and he's earned he's the private opportunity when he was the primary receiver. So at some point, we haven't seen three the first six weeks, we have not seen them have an emphasis on getting both guys ample opportunity early in the game.
Speaker 3: Do you think it can happen?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm asking. Do you think we can get to that point?
Speaker 6: Absolutely? You have to make it happen. And granted, if the defense's plan is to like, let's avoid that at all costs, like Dak is saying, take what the defense gives you, ja, I mean, if that's what they're giving you, that's what they're giving you, get first.
Speaker 3: Down to control the clock.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 6: At this point, I can't stress enough how important this is to just to me watching the game, is that you don't want to see the defense on the.
Speaker 3: Field at all.
Speaker 6: So just keep the ball as long as humanly possible.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Jeremy Reeves is going to be responsible for reguarding Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 3: Think about it this way.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like those words. I like that a lot. I like those words. You guys, a question, and this is a realistic question.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's a chance Dak Prescott throws forty times in this game?
Speaker 3: I hope not. I hope either.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a chance, a chance if that were to happen, then look at the split.
Speaker 3: Then let's say you do it split.
Speaker 2: You target CD ten, you target George ten, you target Jake five to six.
Speaker 3: That's twenty five twenty six. You're off by like twelve.
Speaker 2: Fair Yeah, space and he sprinkling Cavante turpin, you know, flinoy whatever I'm saying. If this turns out to be a game where that has to throw forty times, it's it's easy to you know, split.
Speaker 5: Can you win like that with this team?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 5: Because if you're throwing it forty times, a lot of it is going to be working from behind because you're having to catch up and you're trying to play on the offensive.
Speaker 3: Such will happen. The answer is no, which I happened. Answer is no.
Speaker 6: If you're relying on Dak Press Gott throwing forty times, you're just opening yourself up for issues. For me, it's just it's consistency and running the ball and being able to spell in these things and a lot of that too. It's like it's not for me just splitting the reps between uh, George Pickens and Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 3: But like Ryan flinoy.
Speaker 6: Man, he's just he should be able to eat in the scenarios. Not that I don't necessarily want Jake Ferguson to get the targets, but in this game they should be abundant.
Speaker 3: But the outside is going to be wide open.
Speaker 5: I like what you're saying too about first downs, because that's that's such a fundamental aspect that fans sometimes and I forget about it sometimes forget about because the first downs. I mean, look at the way that it was broken up in the Panthers game, and Isaiah had a great stat at the post game where the Panthers had twenty seven first downs, fourteen of them or on the ground right on the ground. Dallas had fourteen first downs total and only one on the ground. You've got to be able to move the chains, keep your defense off the field. If the defense is going to play as poorly as they have, keep them off the field as much as possible. But you also cannot hinder the success of your offense because if you're only going to get six possessions in the football game, you've got to take advantage of the majority of those possessions and I'm not talking three. I'm not talking Brandon Aubrey. I'm talking you gotta find payder on four or five or six possessions in order to even have a shot.
Speaker 3: With the way that this defense is playing.
Speaker 5: The way you do that and the way you consistently win time of possession effectively and still end up with points is by converting on first downs, playing and simple.
Speaker 3: And quickly to uh.
Speaker 2: To the chat, Robert Rodriguez says, and he was I think he was addressing Josh Josh about Flinoy. He said, I feel like CD and Flinoy have the same skill set. No, no, in the capacity of they both can get you yack. I agree, Flinoy is more physical than CD as far as being able to run through tackles.
Speaker 3: CD is more elusive in open space. I think it's not to say physical.
Speaker 2: It's not to say no, Floy is, but he's more physical, right, So I would I would not because C is, I would say, but just not to the level of Flinoy. I would say that the better comp would be there might be a little bit of redundancy between Flinoy and Pickens, because Pickens is physical.
Speaker 3: I can see that, right, So just you know, jumping in I just don't think they're different receivers.
Speaker 2: They're different receivers, receivers classified pickings as No. No, I'm saying, if you're going to say there's any amount of redundancy between Flinoy and any of the top two guys, it's more Pickens than it is.
Speaker 3: CD City is tough.
Speaker 2: He he proved that last I think he can be physical, but Flinoy is.
Speaker 3: I think he's any of those two guys. Flinoy feels more dizzy.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's more turping in this offense than those Annoy Yeah, he feels more more dozz. He's the guy that you want to get the ball in his hands now, Yeah, crisp, but exactly, Radius is so quicker, He's more, He's faster.
Speaker 3: I want to get in his hands by any means necessary.
Speaker 5: All Right, that's gonna do it for us here on Talking Cowboys. We'll be back tomorrow. We flip it offense versus defense. The Cowboys defense. Can they figure it out against Jaden Daniels in the Washington Commander's offense. We're gonna talk about it tomorrow, nine am Central time, right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com for Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback, Chris be than That. Thanks so much, Black Rifle Coffee Company, We appreciate you giving us some.
Speaker 3: Energy this morning.
Speaker 5: I'm Kyle Yoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys tomorrow.
Speaker 9: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club ok
Speaker 10: M