Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on? Man Covino on Rich and for the Great DP. Hey, good morning, buddy, Steve Covino, Rich Davis. Hope you had a great weekend. Yeah, and Olex sant Ooh sick? Who's sick? Ravens Commander's Vikings bills sort of weekend. We're gonna get into it. Rest in peace. Rickey Henderson of course lost the legend over the weekend, but hope you enjoyed your holiday parties. Spot still has his ugly Christmas orter on from all the party and he did this week. Never took it off the major award. I'm Cavino, that is Rich, Jase Stu on the xylophone. Up, what's up? Chase Stu and the number eight seven seven nine nine six six three six nine eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Everything at Covino and.
Speaker 3: Rich Now a lot to get to in the world of the NFL. It was a big fight over the weekend, two days till Christmas. I want to start that by two quick things before over all our observations from.
Speaker 2: Week sixteen of the NFL. Number one, I watch home alone with my kids. Ah, they're seven and four. Oh boy, And I think I had to remind my son, like, yeah, you can't do that stuff in real life, you know right, Like you can't throw a paint can at someone's head, you can't. You can't fire at about your son. Yeah, you can't like fireworks in a pot. You know that, right? Right? Right? Did they think you played Marv? But let me tell you that I think that's the difference between a little boy and a little girl as we lived the dad life, because I never had to have that conversation with my daughter.
Speaker 3: No, for real, I said, just so you know, honey, I said to my daughter, well, you know, if we left you at home, She's like.
Speaker 2: Please, don't that. My son's like, I think I could get the bad guys.
Speaker 3: All right, let's relax, right, But observation number one over the weekend, besides all the NFL, have you watch home alone?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: As a parent? The mcallis, does they don't really care enough? The mcallisters don't care enough? Did your New York just kick mcauses don't seem to care enough that they left their eight year old at home?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: You know what would someone pointed out recently and kind of clicked. Everything's placed on the mother. The dad really doesn't care. Dude, he's on vacation.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm going to Paris to see my brother and he's like, yeah, we left the get at home.
Speaker 5: She's probably okay, man, man, wife, I can't believe you did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When the mom like goes home with John candy and the polka ban and everything, the dad shows up right after.
Speaker 2: He's like, hey, we're good. It's like a very Christmas Look all right, come on, let's see let's go to the foot. Just like you had to tell your son rich that you know this is a movie, I have to tell you the same. So sounds like he's a chip off the old blockhead. They're acting you wouldn't do the same in real life either.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but but Jay, still, you mean you can't get electrocuted and live.
Speaker 2: Hey, if your son is ever missing, you forgot him somewhere. Don't act like the dad. I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Even at one point they go send the cops over, some old ass cop shows up at the mccalisers. He's like, yeah, no, one's answering. Guess the kid's okay, I guess so's everyone at the airport. Our son's stuck at home. Well, I gotta get somewhere. I'm not giving you my flight like everything about it. Oh yeah, it's a comedy, obviously. Obviously, guys, Yeah, that would be the most frantic situation. Rich and I have joked for years the second your kid doesn't come out of a jumpy jump playhouse, You're like.
Speaker 2: Where are they?
Speaker 3: It's the most panicky feeling that ever was, especially when it's on dad's watch. You go to the playground, your kid goes down a slide, they don't pop out the other endroid. Seriously, I've started crawling through like Chuck E Cheese playhouses just trying to find my kid out of panic, and my kid's like that, I'm right here, what's up. It's the scariest, The scariest feeling in the world is when you can't find your kid. Obviously, you know they'd be freaking out.
Speaker 2: In real life.
Speaker 3: That was observation number one, And we're gonna watch a second one tonight.
Speaker 2: I think they're the perfect eight for Home Alone and Home Alone two. But you know, the dad could be in a loose sort of fella. I could be that at times he didn't like his son so much. Who knows. I remember my sister went missing when we were little kids. Actually that happened a few times. I've seen my parents freak out for one sister and not for another. But I remember we were in Disney World Epcot Center, and you know how you do the little trip around the world. We lost one of my siblings country. We lost her in like Mexico, somewhere, I don't know. I forget where we were jays two, but I remember as a like a teen, like preteen, maybe thirteen years old, fourteen years old, I went with the whole family. I remember thinking like she ruined the whole day. That's all I cared about.
Speaker 4: Well, I remember the worst five minutes, probably of my wife, definitely of my parenthood. Me and my six year old son are walking out of a busy Dodger game. Okay, for whatever reason, we stopped holding hands. I look around and he's nowhere to be seen. The most frantic oh, I was about to have a heart attack. My flip phone at the time starts to ring. My six year old was smart enough to go up to the security guard say, I've lost my dad.
Speaker 2: This is his phone. Number that I memorized, Wow, dude, my daughter, Now, I guarantee you that's great, what a nice story.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: It's probably end one. That so just a reminder if you watch Trouble one, it's not realistic. Monister didn't have a cell phone back then, Little Kevin. It was nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: Hey kid, Yeah they did, and they so casually didn't care that Joe Peschi was in their house in the beginning, like a cop just stop by.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw a funny ass meme over the weekend. It was knock knock knocking on Kevin's door and it's a picture of Joe Peschi. It's funny. So now observation number two. Last night, my father in law's in town.
Speaker 3: Everyone went to sleep except him and I so little, you know, a little hang with my wife's dad, and neither one of us had started watching the Aaron Rodgers Enigma documentary.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: I'm such a sucker because I watched episode one and I actually have some type of like positive feelings for Aaron Rodgers, Like there's a part of me I was like, man, is he misunderstood?
Speaker 2: Is he like not not the.
Speaker 3: Guy I thought he was, like, I think this documentary is convincing me. After one episode, I'm like, by the third episode, you'll be saying of him. In the first one, for sure, I could see how you would say he's just a misunderstood guy.
Speaker 2: He just wants to win. He grew up a ninersand they didn't draft him.
Speaker 3: His parents seem like they suck, and you know, he got hurt on the fourth play last year, and that's not the path he clearly wanted to try to.
Speaker 2: I felt the same way about Mark Gastineau in that Jets thirty for thirty, because all the trailers led up for you to think that this guy's a problem. He's an ale that's why he's not in the Hall of Fame. But then you start to hear about his childhood a little bit, and you're like, yeah, he's just a misunderstood guy. There's a lot of misunderstood people. Doesn't give you the right to be a jo As my dad would say, I don't know, Jason, did you watch The Enigma? I watched the entire thing. A couple of takeaways. Okay, yeah, I liked Aaron Rodgers going in. I'm one of the few guys that actually like what he's all about. And I think that I don't think the public appreciates that we have a quarterback, uh basically who was at the top of his game, who as was as controversial and said as much as Aaron does. I don't think I think we'll appreciate it when when it's all over. Yeah, but my takeaway from the doc was this the whole ayahuasca thing, Steve, especially in the third episode, right, the whole ayahuasca thing is to get away and to disconnect and to find yourself. And what I've found kind of contradicting about the whole thing. They let cameras in, multi cameras in to film this thing, and it's like you're documenting something that, by nature is supposed to be something to disconnect from from all the technology. Right. Yeah. No, it's a really weird thing to see. And that's also why he's misunderstood Rich. It's also conventional to unconventional to see an athlete behave the way he behaves and to be such a hippie, dippy guy, you know, in that way. We're not used to seeing that. And I forget who said this. I wish I can credit them. Someone said it it was like on an SNY network it looked like our old s and Y set Rich. He's always been sort of smug, sort of arrogant Aaron Rodgers, right, but he matched that in his gameplay, and that's the difference. Now he just does not, so he's gonna get the hate. Like if he was smug and had this cocky attitude about him, but he was winning all the time, and he was winning Mvps're like, alright, I guess he's Aaron Rodgers man. Wow. But when you have that same attitude about yourself and you're more outspoken, you have all these platforms and you're under delivering where everyone thought you were gonna be the savior. I know you said. It's like a hot girl.
Speaker 3: If she's got a little attitude, some people are like, it's okay, But if she got fat, they'd be like, all right, you can't have that attitude anymore.
Speaker 2: Got the attitude. It was cute at the beginning when she was a smoke show, but as time went on, you're like, you know what, all this stuff I liked about her kind of hate it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It could only be jolly if you're fast. So it's a little bit of that. It's a little bit of that too, And you know he's gotten a voice and you hear it a lot, so he could rub you the wrong way. I'm with Jay stew though, I was never one of those guys that hated Aaron Rodgers at all. So you know what, interestingly enough, I know we all know this. I'm not breaking the glass. Were all sports fans. But you gotta remember, he thought he was going to be arguably the number one pick for the team he grew up watching.
Speaker 3: You know, here's a guy that had to go to a local college before he even went to cal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a chip on it.
Speaker 3: Every step of the way, he was sort of overlooked, and god, he was the nerdiest looking.
Speaker 2: Kid, bangs. No one told me this.
Speaker 3: No one told me that Aaron Rodgers had like a Caesar like Banks, haircut like Keith What was that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it was the time. So he was a goofy looking dude, got overlooked every step of the way. Thought he was. They took Alex Smith for reference, they thought, and by the way, he was a good NFL quarterback Alex Smith, but thought he'd be going to the forty nine ers and then waited around, waited around, and just.
Speaker 3: Added to that chip on it, but embarrassingly waited around. And then you get drafted by a small market Midwest team who has breath farth So every step of the way sort of was a hassle.
Speaker 2: For this guy.
Speaker 3: Then he found his way, and you're right, I really do think I haven't started episode two or three, but I feel like the narrative for this dude changed when he started talking about vaccines. And that never bothered me about him, because I'm like, I wasn't hung up on the whole is the immunizer who cares? I didn't really care at the time his little lie, But I feel like that changed the complete narrative and everyone just turned on him.
Speaker 2: That was it. I think that was the real start of the hate. Right, he either liked him or you didn't, a big deal, but then you really started to hate the guy because of him misleading people on whether or not he was vaccinated. So really interesting. You start episode two tonight.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch it tonight, but it was it was a good show to watch with my father in law because I was like, what.
Speaker 2: Was his takeaway? That's what I'm always c I think, what did you think he's a Packers fan? Yeah, so you know he's like he loves Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: A game of Super Bowl and then him and I had that conversation of Wow, Brett fav Aaron Rodgers. Now Jordan love they got three in a row. They there should be more than two super Bowls to show for.
Speaker 2: You know what bothers me the most, Jay Stu, Fox Sports Radio Nation again, Covino and Rich and for the great DP day one of the Dan Patrick Hatrick, I mean, and also a very special day.
Speaker 3: Today's a holiday as well, and we're gonna celebrate Fest of Us in just a little bit. And Mary's here running things. Was up Mary, So we're gonna marry. We're gonna have some fun today. What bothers me is he's tarnishing his own legacy at this point.
Speaker 2: That does bother me, you know, because we're gonna look back at these Jetsiers. If he doesn't do something to turn it around. I can't imagine what could happen. You're always gonna look that stigma really never goes away. He was great you have with those jets heies. Can I hate that for a great player, even if I was a fan of them or not. I always hate that, and it's like, dude, you had such a great career, like you were a great one. And then to end on this note, this misery with the Jets. Dude, they're terrible. They're worse with him, like this sort of stigma that hurts me as a as a sports fan.
Speaker 5: You know what, though, I think his journey of enlightenment, which is what I'll call it, is much like Mike Tyson. I think, you know how Mike Tyson speaks about his legacy and doesn't really care what other people think about I had no ego, like I'm gonna die. After I die, what do I care what people think about me? I really think that's where Aaron Rodgers is headed at this time. I believe I don't think he cares at all what other people think about him at this point.
Speaker 4: I say, I think that's the the question that's left after you watch all three episodes. I think that's one of the questions that we all have to kind of deal with. Does he care, because that's the big contradiction. He'll he doesn't care, but I think he I think he watches and reads everything that is said about him, but I really do.
Speaker 2: And if he gives off the vibe that he doesn't care, why do you care? Because I'm a sports fan, That's why, and that's how Why do you Because that's how we measure sports, wins, losses, victory stats, that's how we measure it. But about in the world doesn't care. Why do you care about him?
Speaker 3: Because anything in life though I don't care about anything, you don't care about anything.
Speaker 4: Doesn't Just the last week contradict that I don't care. This whole thing with Ryan Clark is Aaron Rodgers really caring what Ryan Clark said and taking shots at him and then back and forth. So it's like, that's kind of the contradiction in the guy. There's actually a lot of contradictions, but that's what makes him interesting.
Speaker 2: He's a super sensitive guy. He admits that in the docuseriies Enigma Rich. I'm excited for you to see the rest of it to get your full analysis. I'm late to the party.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm the guy that went to the theater to watch the movie like a month after everyone else.
Speaker 2: But I was like, finally the right time.
Speaker 3: You know, you end up watching a bunch of the holiday stuff, and there's a lot of There was a lot of games, college football games. Finally, I'm like, all right, let's sit down and watch. And I was shocked because I did.
Speaker 2: You and your father in law set an appointment up for your next diyahuasca? No, no, I think I'll just have it edible and way I no, Rich, I think this is something you and I should investigate, bring us closer together.
Speaker 3: Why ask, let's go No, But you know, my other takeaway for Aaron Rodgers was a lot of times when you watch these stories and I'll end on this because there's so much of damn stuff.
Speaker 2: To get to.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of great football over the weekend, and we got more football in a couple of days. I think the takeaway for me is when I'm watching Last Dance about Michael Jordan, when I'm watching Man in the Arena, Tom Brader, I'm watching if I'm watching any docuseries the on Netflix, the four Red Sox Fantastic, you see the struggle, but then there's.
Speaker 2: The payoff when you see him going through rehab.
Speaker 3: And by the way, want too many pictures of his foot, like enough oiling up of his ankle on foot. But when I'm watching the Aaron Rodgers Enigma and he's talking about how he's got so much more left and the reality is that hasn't happened. It's like a documentary where I'm like, where's like if the ending was and then he went to the Jets and made it to the playoffs or won a Super Bowl, then it's a documentary. This is like it opened end the documentaries, Like it's like watching Lebamba. You're like, I know how this ends.
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 4: Do you guys remember the doc? Do you remember the doc Free Solo? It won an oscar? It was the guy that went up El Capatown. Well, I remember seeing the oscars and him him being there alive to receive the oscar. And then I watched the doc afterwards, like the whole the holes, I guess while you're watching it, the whole thing is like you're seeing the guy who could die at any second, right, but you know he lives because he accepted that oscar. Yeah, so I wish I had seen it before I knew that. So I feel that way.
Speaker 3: I'm like because in the documentary, again, it's filmed mostly during the year where he was injured so what does he say in the whole time, kub Now, the whole time, He's like, well, we're gonna put twenty three twenty four behind us, and we're gonna look forward to twenty four to twenty five.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I know what happens. It's not good.
Speaker 3: Aaron like what saviorself like don't And then now you're thinking, after this terrible campaign of a season, what lies ahead for Aaron Rodgers retirement. I feel like I'm glad Jay stew back me up, back me up a little bit in that he came across as like I didn't hate him, because there's a lot of Aaron Rodgers haters.
Speaker 2: I watched episode one and my feeling was, oh man, it's a bummer.
Speaker 3: You know, every step of the way he had a battle and he only won one Super Bowl for as good as he is, and now he thought he was gonna prove everyone wrong. And they play all the talking head stuff from Fox Sports people to ESPN people. When he joined the Jets, it was like people like Greenie were like, it's a rebirth New York.
Speaker 2: The Jets are turning it around.
Speaker 3: And to know where we are now, you're watching a documentary, Like I said, with with not a happy ending? What was that rom common spot that we used to joke about had the worst? It was like My Black Book or something, my Little Black Book. There was one rom com I watched I remember with like an X back of the Day and the ending wasn't they like didn't get together?
Speaker 2: I could Yeah, No, what about the one with Vince Fallen and Jennifer Aniston The breakup?
Speaker 3: The break you were thinking, like you're like, oh, by the way, tap tap tap, what is it? Rep t happy tap teppy, come come on the kids trump That was a great movie. But spoiler, they don't get together in the end. It's sort of like it's a breakup. It is called the breakup. It's a happy ending, so like you know, it's no one's watching. It's like that's the thing. Not everything's a happy end. But I'm saying is this is a miserable ending. Your team doesn't get you. Remember the old Remember the old DVD you would buy if your team won a championship, like the Year in Review. They don't sell Year in reviews for the teams that don't do anything. I feel like you're watching that for Aaron Rodgers and the Jets.
Speaker 2: No, we are unfortunately all right. Well, so I'm glad you turned me on to it.
Speaker 3: I know everyone probably has watched it already, but you know there's a lot of holiday stuff going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's get into it. Let's get into speaking of football, speaking of Aaron Rodgers. How bad are those Jets? Now, let's talk about your takeaways. We do it every Monday on our show, which is normally two to four out here on the West, five to seven on the East. Things that made you go hmmm from the weekend NFL Week sixteen could be anything, could be from the fight, could be from a movie you watched, from the New Dexter that I'm watching, could be from anything. But mostly we focus on the NFL. So your takeaways, things that may go, We'll do it next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup up in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David, and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up.
Speaker 3: As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 2: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covie own Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. I'm Steve Covino, that is Rich Davis, Covino and Rich Monday through Friday on Fox Sports Radio five to seven on the East. But when they say yo, you want to fill in for the great DP. We see absolutely. In fact, we'll do the hat trick. But we're calling this not the Dan Patrick hat trick, the Dan Patrick unnatural holiday hat trick. Oh, because we're taking Christmas off and then we're back guns need some work. Thursday? Got well, no, because we're Monday, Tuesday, Thursday isn't a natural hat trick. Three consecutive goals, so it's the unknown anyway. Day one is a pleasure to be here real quick, right quickly.
Speaker 3: On natural unnaturals, it's like a seven ten split, you know I feel about on naturals. Christmas trees are like boobs, really good fake ones sometimes.
Speaker 2: Better than real ones. Oh now I know, but bad, bad fake ones. Wow, very noticeable. Now we're gonna bad. You ever see a bad Christmas tree?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 2: Go to a bad place in Vegas? Hey, J Stew, I want to know your opinion on white Christmas trees classy or douchey.
Speaker 4: I think they're they're off putting a great I don't know if you could say this word on national radio anymore, but I'm gonna do it anyways, and America dump it if I can't. But it's kind of like seeing in albino, like they're probably they're probably like really really nice people.
Speaker 2: You know, but but putting you should be all friend right right right. I don't know whether to dump that or not. Is kind?
Speaker 3: I don't know, No, I think I don't endorse it. But Covino brought up a good point. There's something about the holidays. As we're all getting ready for Christmas, you want it to feel warm and fun and like, you know, mom and Mom's house, Grandma's house always had like a fun Christmas feel. When someone decorates with too much white, it looks like you're trying to be like a Kardashian and you're decorating too classy, like Christmas is not supposed to be too classic.
Speaker 2: Growing up in New Jersey, it was class.
Speaker 3: If you had a white Christmas here in Jersey, your name is probably Gino, yeah, and your wife's name was Maria.
Speaker 2: No Rocko, oh Roco Maria. I thinks anyway. The hottest rookies, biggest superstars in all time greats. The only place to collect them is Panini Trading cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show for instant classics, Autograph cards, memorabilia cards rare inserts and more. Start to continue your collection now at Paniniamerica dot net. What a stocking stuff. Huh yeah, oh man. Speaking of rich some of my favorite gifts were Ricky Henderson Rookies rest in peace. We're going to talk about him for sure.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 2: NFL to get to and we do it every Monday. So the number against eight seven seven ninety nine. On Fox we do something called things that made you go, Hmmm, where do you want to start? Do you want to start with the guy that is so easy to root for? We were talking about Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: There's a guy who is I think his narrative changed the opposite way where Aaron Rodgers may have went from hey, what a guy that.
Speaker 2: We're rooting for to Aaron Rodgers went from he's a bad man to he's a sad man. It's true.
Speaker 3: The guy I'm talking about went from you rolled your eyes at him, hard to reform to a guy that I think it's hard not to reform.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 3: I felt for him last night when they got the ball back after they forced a three and out against the Cowboys fourth quarter, and you knew that the Bucks are getting the ball back. You just had a feeling that, like, y'ah, this is Baker's moment and he's so easy to root for.
Speaker 2: Well, you have this belief now that he's gonna keep you in the game, he's gonna fight and he's not gonna give up, and his team feeds off of that. But you see it as a spectator viewer, You're like, this, dude's got hard, he's got game. He might not be the best, but he's he's grinding, he's got grit, he's tough. I like that. So you always feel like something cool could happen and that they're still in it. And the Buccaneers lost it for them. I know.
Speaker 3: I know those people on the network and I don't disagree with them that think that in any given playoff game, that team's defense is good and if Baker's on and they're playing well, they could compete with the elite of the NFC. But as of right now, you know, they're not even their own driver's seat. They as of now see Atlanta Falcons, who sort of you know, could decide what goes down. Who would you rather in the postseason? Oh, Buccaneers easy because of Baker Mayfield. He's that guy I want to watch. So they fell short to the Cowboys. The Cowboys fought. You got to give credit where it's due. They fought and played a good game, nice game, But the Buccaneers should have had that game. It was an interception in the fourth quarter that, in my opinion, isn't an intersect if it's stripped. Has an interception that was a strip and then a bad fumble to end the game on one of the coolest plays where you saw Baker Mayfield fighting for a few extra yards. So it's a sad ending for the Buccaneers, but I'd be rooting for them just because of him. To back up your point, he's the opposite. We went from man, he's sort of arrogant. He's a little cocky.
Speaker 2: Maybe too much overexposure of Baker commercials and commercials and not enough delivery. Right, he was an empty faheta right, all the sizzle, but no substance, no meat. Where's the meat. Now you're seeing the substance match the sizzle, and it all makes sense. You're like, Oh, there's the guy. I guess I like now, because at first you didn't like him. He was sort of a hated player. He had all these dance moves, He's rubbing people the wrong way. His gameplay wasn't matching the swag. Now he's a guy who's turned it around. He's got bounced around, and you're rooting for the heart that he has. I feel like I feel like we as as as a nation, had a turn around. Oh on how we feel about Baker Mayfield. I always kind of liked him. I think there's two quarterbacks in the NFC that you could say that about. Bounced around maybe may have found the home And just shows how impatient we are to watch a player develop.
Speaker 3: And sam Donold is thirteen to two. Baker Mayfield is, you know, a couple of years running. Now we forget he took Cleveland to places that they had not gone in a long time.
Speaker 2: True, but unless you were a Cleveland fan, you sort of hated him, right, So he went from hated to be loved. I think I think he's a fun guy to root for. It now, agreed, But when he was on Cleveland, Cleveland treated him so poorly. Cleveland, you know what it was like.
Speaker 3: You're dating a girl who was great, You're dating a girl that's pretty, she got a great jobs, got a good.
Speaker 2: Family, really good girl. And you see some like.
Speaker 3: Big fat booty that's distracts you and you're like, and you like, and you jeopardize it all for that big ass. And that big ass was Deshaun Watson. Yeah, and then you're like, here's a big ass is unfulfilling. The big ass has taking me down a bad path. And Cleveland is getting what they deserve now for giving up on Baker and going with the Shawn.
Speaker 2: And then he just end up marrying some girl in a big ass but really she's terrible. Yeah, So they invested everything in this guy and Deshaun Watson. They're like, man, I wish we didn't, you know, bloat with Baker back in the day. But like I said, Baker easy to root for and I brought him up Sam Darnold, easy to root for him, and he is. He's given Minnesota such an interesting scenario. What do you do if you're the Minnesota Vikings, They're thirteen and two if they make any type of playoffront, I'm a star. I'm not saying they need to win the super Bowl, but his star value because he looks like a lego fireman. Honestly, I think you see his as the meme goes, I can't take credit for that, but he does look like a lego fireman. You know, you see his red hair. You remember him as a forty nine are rich as your back up the jet as a je panther? No, and you've seen his journey as well, and you downplay how good he is because he doesn't have that flash and flair. But he's he's a star first round pick. Usc like, yeah, but he's not one of those flashy dudes. He's just not. You know, he plays and he's solid.
Speaker 3: If they are right, if the Minnesota Vikings, let's take a look at the NFC.
Speaker 2: If this is gonna be interesting, right because that last week of the year.
Speaker 3: Could give the Vikings a bye because they played the Lions in that flex game the final week of the season. Now the Vikings have to play the Packers again, another tough game. But if somehow Sam Donald finds a way to win the next two games Packers and Lions, they'd be the one seed, you know, straight to the divisional rounds.
Speaker 2: Packers are scary though.
Speaker 3: Man agreed, but I'm saying, how deep does Sam Donald have to go? In your opinion, Covino Ja Stu Spotty Mary. How far does Sam Donald have to go for the Vikings to be Like maybe this JJ McCarthy thing could be on hold for two years or so, Like is there anything or is it they're moving on?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, I don't think they're moving on. I actually think that the winds starting to boil the other way. I think it's a better than good chance they're going to bring them back. It's just for what for how many? And you know, money wise and everything else. But I think he's won himself a chance to be a Viking next year at the very least.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt. And you know, I you know, I sound terrible to a guy, and you have good problems, you have a healthy JJ McCarthy, and you deal with it accordingly.
Speaker 3: Well, you know you heard me say this quite a while back. So I'm not just saying this now like I've heard others say. Because he was with Kyle Shanahan last year and you know, sat behind Brock Party.
Speaker 2: My hole is sent.
Speaker 3: It was like, I feel bad saying this as a Niners fan, backstabbing Brock Party. I don't think Brock Party's worth sixty million dollars if brock Perty's agent's like, no, we need like a sixty MILLI year fifty eight, or he's not he's not worth that, and I'll I don't want to get into it now. But every fourth quarter late game mistake brock Perty has been making the last couple of weeks, I think it's like that price tag is almost like he's gonna be on the discount rack. In my opinion, I don't I don't see why Sam Darnoldson option in San Francisco look at Ross.
Speaker 2: Dress for Less or like at north Strom rack or something. Where where do you find him? I mean, well, right now he had a TJ Max. He's at north Strom Rack. Still he's not a dress He's not a Ross Dress for Less yet. Okay, but two weeks in a row and I'm and I'm not trying to jump all over the place. But if you are a Niners fan, when you watch the rest of that division stink, and you're watching the Cardinals lose to the Panthers, and you're watching Seattle lose, and you're watching and you're watching that division unfold like I said it would, No one's really that good when you let that Rams game slip away last week and you score six points, you hold the Rams to twelve, and you lose on a Thursday night field goal, so six, and then you realize, yesterday, if that game meant something, maybe they maybe the outcomes different.
Speaker 3: But the Niners again game winning drive. The score doesn't indicate that because it is Chuck it up, don't even over, don't even look too into it. Just say it wasn't their season. It's just an off year for the forty nine ers. They dealt with health issues, the offensive line, cars, I mean, and that's, unfortunately the highlight of your season. That makes me think, like has a little two company's against sixty million dollars a year. But you had a partnership with don't don't again you're looking to wait till I'm looking into it too.
Speaker 2: Don't look into it too much. So again, this is when we turn to you Fox Sports Radio Nation, Dan Patrick, Nation, Coveno and rich In for DP Day one of the hat Trick three shows Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Your takeaways from this weekend is when we get you involved at eight, seven, seven ninety nine on Fox things that made you go, hmmm, we're gonna get to all your phone calls and feedback. Next, so anything could be from like I said, Dexter, whatever you watched, Dear Sama, it could be from the fight. But I want to hear your football talk as well. All right, more Next, can you know on reretch right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app Again.
Speaker 2: We're Cavino and rich In for Dan Patrick and rich You're doing some last minute holiday shopping. Wrap it audios rapid radios. The holidays are quickly approaching. Rapid radio just a few days away. Rapid radio walkie talkies will keep you in touch with your family at the touch of a button. These are not your average walkie talkies that Kevin McCallister was using. Connect with your kids or an aging parent instantly with the push of a button, one touch connection. Rapid radios work on a national LTE network and holds a charge for up to five days. True walkie talkies, but the connectivity technology of today, rapid radio is great communication advice or kids, keep them off the internet, be able to talk to them. Riding bikes and perfect for that aging parent who struggles with their phone. That's all of our parents, exactly one private ready to go right out of the box. We use them on the show. Again. Visit Rapid Radios dot com. I'm Peter mckels through the father. That's not a rapid radio. What was that about? What was that? Talkboy? Talkboy? Rapid Radios go there now. Get up to sixty percent off for ups shipping from Michigan again, free protection bag, add code radio. Get five percent off Rapid Radios dot Com thanks to them.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Cavino. That is Rich Davis. We're going over things that made you go hmmm in the world of sports over the weekend.
Speaker 1: All night.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go to your feedback in for the Dan Patrick Show. Jayson, Who we got man, Florida? Will you're on Florida? Will?
Speaker 6: Hello? Will?
Speaker 7: How you guys doing?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Well, here's the thing. I'm proof you love the Eagles. I'm not going to talk about that game because I just don't want to. The Bucks last night, The Bucks last night. So, fifty four seconds left in the first half, the Bucks get a first in goal basically at the ten yard line and both calls the timeout with fifty four seconds last his last time out and allows Dallas to basically score the game winning field goal before the half starts. I just wanted your take on that. It's insane to me and he should actually be fired.
Speaker 3: I don't know a fired, But there's every week there is a clock management situation for one team each each week there's a team where you're like, what are they seeing that?
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I'm a fan at home, sitting in my ass watching and there are times I'm like, why would they use the time out there?
Speaker 2: What are they doing? Yeah, and so many of these little things add up, and that's the difference between winning and losing with a lot of these teams. So, yeah, that's that sucks. You can't have that happen. But they had so many chances to win that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a bummer. And by the way, those those end of the end of the first half points do seem to come back to haunts.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: What was the Charger Jason, you're a Chargers fan, the that kick that unconventional has been done in forty years?
Speaker 2: Was it that changed the entire momentum? Of the game. Right, what does it called the fair catch strap drop kick? Yes, field goal?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was amazing that that three points I was handed was the difference in that game. So in the momentum, Baker Mayfield lose. But we've agreed that he went from hated.
Speaker 2: To be loved. We still root for the guy because you see him fighting. You see him fighting for his team. Cowboys. Not a lot to play for, nothing to play for us, still play tough. One a nice game against the Buccaneers. We also said that Darnold continues to win. What's his value? Got to talk about Jayden Daniels, things that make you go, h he's so good. He's so good. Commanders are set obviously over the Eagles, though your takeaway there what made you say, hmmm? I mean Hurt's getting her.
Speaker 3: I think Hurts putting himself in situations to get hurt is that is troublesome. But I'm not saying you can't look at it as a true win because you play against who's there. But you know, Eagles are pretty nice early and that twenty one to seven leads sort of just faded with Hurts not not around. So I'm intrigued to see how the NFC shakes out.
Speaker 2: It really showed you. Jadeen Daniels poise. I mean, you know he has it, but I thought the Eagles have that game turn away for a second and they're like, what they won? Man, he's so good. He's so good, Like complete turnaround for this organization. It's just great to see again you're playing without Hurts at this point, but still it's the Eagles. Props to them. I'm just impressed every week by this dude. And Rich, you were real high on him beginning of the season. Then you fell off on him because they struggled a little bit. But now I think you're seeing it all balance out and you're just trabilizing. They're a good team and he's got a great few. You're like, they're the real deal. It wasn't a fluke by any means that they started hot. You know, they hit they hit a road bump like anyone else this season. Dude, who else we got? Jack Travis California, Travis.
Speaker 6: Aron, Hey, Rich, I just wanted to I got a present that I thought you might like. My girlfriend got me Chipotle. They they sold candles that look like they're water cups, and then when you look on the inside instead, that wax is lemonade flavor. It's like you ask them for a water cup and stole lemonade. It looks exactly like.
Speaker 2: A water I do all the time, and I steal their forks.
Speaker 3: When I'm paying thirty five dollars for two burritos, I take like twenty five forks.
Speaker 2: It's such a trash bag. What really is? You know what Rich thinks is he's golden a smile. Rich thinks because he looks like Jimmy Garoppolo barely that he could get away with murder and do these things he steals. If you're new to our show, he goes to Chipotle and he basically steals utensils for the week for him and his nose picking kids. That's not stealing, though, it is stealing steel. You take what's needed the honor system. Are you the saying kid that took the whole bull of candy Mary? It's not the right thing to do, but you can take the civilwet you can. You can't know that it's called stealing. You might take one or two Why burrito's fifty bucks? Yeah, you know, taking fifty fourks a week. That's why costs go high, and this guy's like rich. He's not the only one. If everyone behaved like him, we never have any utensils at Chapotle. My big takeaway is that you said, I said it look like Jimmy j Thanks man. Who else you got? Jay ste Let's see we got who is it? Michael in Virginia? Michael?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: What's up? Michael?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 2: Real quick?
Speaker 8: The meaningless game yesterday? The Raiders that Jaguars. Yeah, you do know that the Raiders won? So now the Giants are on the clock. Has it right down for the first round pick?
Speaker 6: What makes me go? Whom is?
Speaker 8: Do you think maybe coach Deon Sanders might say full of John Elway or Eli Manning say no, my son's not going to New York Giants during the off season. Just want to put that out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, have that written down to Thanks for the call. I appreciate that. The Raiders. The takeaway is the Raiders can't even lose, right, you know, like, how do you do that? I think they're in sixth now, sixth place? From first to six? Yeah, first to six. I does have to win over the Jags. That puts them in a really awkward situation.
Speaker 3: How does our buddy and producer Danny g justify that he's on Monday through Friday night, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe good wins a bad winner, but there's no.
Speaker 3: Way to justify like you really just you f yourself like and I get it, because listen, you can't try to lose. There's fifty three guys that are trying to prove that they deserve to be in the National Football League. So when people say they're trying to lose on purpose, lose on purpose really just means the coaching staff puts out personnel that they don't think is the best.
Speaker 2: No one's out there trying to lose. So that's why you see this happen often. But every couple of year, Sanders in jeopardy. Now you're in jeopardy of getting him, and he could be the face of your franchise, which talks.
Speaker 3: About maybe even because Tom Brady has a relationship with the Sanders familey he's with the Raiders. What if they just blew the idea of getting Dian and his his kid on the Raiders by winning trash game meaningless.
Speaker 2: Game over the Jags. Yeah, I mean, how could you not be a franchise that has a takeaway absolutely could be a franchise changer. All Right, one more quickie, who do we got Jay? Still? Actually? No, we're good. Oh we're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Hey. Other observations you can always hit us up at Covin. Observations from the fight too.
Speaker 2: There was a pretty big fight over the weekend, and we're gonna get to festivus your yearly grievances. We're going to celebrate that here on the show. I mean very you know, very special time of year. So think about this.
Speaker 3: What annoys you the most in twenty twenty four when it comes to the world of sports again, it is festivus all your observations.
Speaker 2: Next CNR and for the Great Dan Patrick.