Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me. We all about that high school drama.
Speaker 2: Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school queens.
Speaker 1: We'll take you for a ride, and our comic girl shared for the right teams Drama Queens treatise my girl of girl fashion, but your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Queise Drama, Queens Drama, drahn M Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 2: Hello, friends, I am so amped about today's episode, not only because it was such a special one for my character's journey, but because we have one of our favorite guests on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Hi Austin, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad to see you, Bud. How are you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm very good.
Speaker 5: Life is Life is treating me well, very happy, and I'm always happy to come back and do one of.
Speaker 4: These with you guys and see you guys and talk about the show.
Speaker 2: I know it's so fun. Rob is here, but had to run a stairs to do a dad thing. But I think we should just get started. Will you tell the people what episode we're watching? Will you read our synopsis for US.
Speaker 5: Okay, Season eight, Episode thirteen, The other half of me air date February first, twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Julian's wedding days.
Speaker 5: Finally here, dreams become reality, secrets are revealed, and wedding hookups are inevitable.
Speaker 4: Rector is Greg Prange. The writer is John A. Norris.
Speaker 2: It's time.
Speaker 3: Let's get into it. Hi Rob, Hi, Hello, I've had to attend to abe small toddler emergency. But guess what put the fire out?
Speaker 2: For sure did?
Speaker 3: Let's get into a great episode. I loved this sweet opener with young Brook.
Speaker 2: I forgot about it, you guys.
Speaker 4: It's so good, like it's like a film.
Speaker 2: It is, and it's such a crazy thing because as soon as it starts, I was like, oh my god, hiding on the porch because the parents are fighting. Oh my god, oh in the veil. And it's like it made me remember this whole chunk of the story that for some reason, I had just forgotten about until watching the episode jogged my memory.
Speaker 5: I loved that device in the like classic car and the bride and the groom by themselves. It's so romantic and it's like, oh, like what a great core memory like that's.
Speaker 4: It was beautiful, beautifully done.
Speaker 3: Have we ever met Brook's dad, not, did we ever put a face?
Speaker 2: Not to this point. Eventually you do, but at this point he's still sort of this mystery person.
Speaker 3: Oh when do we meet your dads?
Speaker 2: We meet him in season nine or is it later in this season? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that. My timeline's worried with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was a cool device because not only do you see how the sort of fairy tale of the wedding and the thing is so instrumental, you know, in society and for little girls, but you see why this idea means so much to Brook, because it's it's sort of paralleled, like she's having one experience on one side of the door while listening to her parents screaming on the other, and it's I don't know, you get that this little girl wanted the fairy tale. She wanted to be rescued. She wanted a happy ending, not the ending that she grew up in her house watching. And it was cool to I think, to.
Speaker 4: See that in the programming you get from your parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is what comes up later when you say to Victoria and you remember what you told me. No, it's like, what an interesting genesis moment or not. You know, what's the word the inception? Yeah, like to see that seed sprout in you at a young age and like, yeah, beauty of this versus my reality with my example.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really good. And then I love that it in the same way that we're having this experience with Brooke as a child, we have the juxtaposition, and then the humor is that Julian as a grown man, is waking up in a house being like what is happening? Because he's essentially a kid, you know, he's a guest in Jamie's house and Jamie's bunny is on his chest, and he's just like, what is this? And it's a really funny way to flip it and stay on themes.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize you were at their house. I just thought maybe Jamie, because of course you can't see Brooke that day. I will say this, there are very few people in this world who can pull off the under the chin's camera ang. I was thinking the same thing, Austin Nichols. You are one of the few people who can look handsome having a camera pointed directly under their.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, but even I was like, what the heck? Are they doing?
Speaker 5: And then also I noticed in this episode I had like there was facial hair, but the line was weird. And then like, no, at a bad angle at the beard looks like it's up on your face, or like there's a line high.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: You had obviously just gotten a haircut prior to shooting the wedding scenes, because it didn't look like its usual self. It was a bit short.
Speaker 2: Well you shaved.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 5: The shaving thing was my idea and I probably shouldn't have done it.
Speaker 4: It was actually cut. It came from the right place.
Speaker 5: It was like I'm getting married, and you know, I think I pitched it, and I said, you know, I think it's like a respect thing to the parents and for photographs and for blah blah blah. Like a lot of older people think that facial hair is still you know a little it's associated with negative things. And so it came from that place. It was like for the old people, for our parents, for photos, blah blah blah. But it ended up just looking weird to me because he's never shaved once for the show. And then you know, I hate to get into any stuff, but my hair was weird. At the time, I was like, what was going on?
Speaker 3: But here's why I think it worked, Because I like you when like when you are walking up to skills in Chase in the outside the church. Yeah, it's weird because I didn't even realize the fact you were clean shaven, but your hair is like a little too short, so it looks odd And I thought, but you know why that works is because I buy that Julian is excited about his wedding day and he wants to like look his best, So I buy that he got a haircut like not a week before, but like a day before his wedding. Yeah, and they maybe just went a little bit too short.
Speaker 4: Good that makes you.
Speaker 2: Feel Yeah, no, I I did. I totally know what you mean, because it's weird to look at yourself and not feel like you look like yourself. But it did. It gave you this kind of sheen of earnestness, and it did make you look a little bit like a little boy. And I mean that in the sweetest way. Like watching you stand up there, and you know, watching Julian looking at Paul and Sylvia and when they're fighting over him. It plays into the dynamic of the children we were and the adults we've grown into, and I don't know, I think it worked now.
Speaker 4: I'm glad to hear that.
Speaker 5: I also I skew dark quickly and can be I play a lot of scoundrels, like I play a lot of sort of like fun bad guys. So I think sometimes I when I'm playing something like Julian or Julian in the wedding scene, I'm conscious of that.
Speaker 4: And wanting to.
Speaker 5: Tamp down some of if there's any darkness, and try to make him more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the word is safe.
Speaker 3: I skew scoundrel is my favorite sentence of the week.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. You know what else I liked? I liked the beat of Julian, Nathan and Jamie at the river court, and especially because you walk up and to your point, you've been such a good sport about Julian's quirks and the weird physical comedy, and then for Nathan to toss you a ball and be like, you gotta take a shot if you're on the court and you just sink a three and walk away, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, we love to see me.
Speaker 5: I actually, in reference to what we were talking about earlier with some of the nerdy stuff with the high five or flowers or butterflies, that moment may be landed so well because of the earlier stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the shot and he goes in close up like maybe it's my lucky day.
Speaker 5: And I was like, Oh, it's such a great moment.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet.
Speaker 3: It was the it was the payoff of when the good guy finally gets the girl, like getting to see Julian just swish a three on the first track. Because as soon as they Nathan passed you the ball, I was like, come on, no, don't let this be another thing where like he air balls on his wedding day and gets dark.
Speaker 5: I thought I was going to miss it, and I even shot the scene, and I'm watching the show thinking I'm gonna miss and there's gonna be a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but it was so good and for you to be in that moment, you're so earnest, you're clearly so happy, and it's this very sweet It's just such a sweet scene with these three dudes. And then I love that the humor continues to run because Nathan tells Jamie he's got to give a speech and you realize Haley hasn't told him because they're competing, and it is just the funniest gag to then see Jamie show up with the letter you give him to give to me and she's like, oh, your dad told you about the speech, Diddy.
Speaker 5: The competitive n's great a mom and in someone that younger son that's that young is hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's really really funny, and it's unexpected because we're used to the Dan Scott Nathan Scott dynamic of like the dad really pushing the kid, and then here you have like tutor girl ribbing her kid over a speech and being like, what are you going to write about? Are you going to quote literature? Like it's just really really funny.
Speaker 3: I loved you committing to the silly Molly Ringwold dance, sof you get a gold star for that. You leaned into it, thank you.
Speaker 2: It was it's a long runner, but that was the thing I remember when we did it, you know, the Senior and I did Austin in season six and they literally brought the movie in. I mean, granted, I've seen The Breakfast Club ten thousand times, it's one of my favorites, but they were like we want you to do a version of this eighties dance and do it badly. And I was like, oh, man, I guess we're just doing this. And then, you know, three years later, call it.
Speaker 4: Right back great.
Speaker 5: And I got to admit when I watched it today, you know, she opens the CD and she pulls it out and then she does the dance, and it made me emotional. I was like, there's something cool about There's something really good.
Speaker 4: In that writing. And that's this is what's amazing about television, is it.
Speaker 5: You know, a couple of years later, a couple of seasons later, you bring out a moment of where some you know, two people fell for each other.
Speaker 4: Is often this way. It's just really really satisfying.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and I think that's one of the reasons we love making TV, right, Like, don't get me wrong, I love to go make a movie. I love the summer camp experience of it. I love you know that it takes forever to get a movie greenlit and then suddenly you go do it and in three weeks or six weeks it's over. But man, the long payoff in TV when we get to develop these characters. Yeah, three years later, called back to something and it hits for everybody, even the actors who did it. That's really I think that's one of the coolest parts of our job.
Speaker 4: One long long form like there's nothing like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of nothing like it, I'm gonna go ahead and just give you my honorable mention right now. Antwantana, But he came back just red hot. He was so damn funny in this episode.
Speaker 5: Man, that commitment, the idea of someone committing so hard to this security.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just I was cracking up. I loved it so much. Way to go, Angeline.
Speaker 2: And him being so committed to it, you know, basically saying we're not ushers, we're security. He does. He does it all heightened, and he is able to make fun of some of the absurdity of a nine year long drama, being like no psychos, no stalkers, no kidnappings, no nannies, Like he pokes fun at us, so everyone's in on the joke. And then what I didn't see coming I also didn't remember this is that the slutty wedding sex runner turns out to be happening in the limo and he's like, I also decorated the truck just in case, just in case it got just in case, the limo got stolen and got driven off a bridge, Go take you the other car, and then you and I have the exact callback to the couple in the classic car driving down the street in front of a little brook And it's like, man, they just really tied all these things together, where like the funniest jokes led to the sweetest moments over and over and over again, and I didn't see some of them coming. And just like, hats off to Johnny Norris. He wrote such a good script and.
Speaker 3: It's so nice to that they like there was redemption for skills behavior. It wasn't just like, yeah, he's being silly and over the top. It's like, no, he actually kind of saved the day at the end and then to your point, so if it also allowed for the similarity to young Brooks, you know experience at the top of the episode, and he was just funny. It was also great to see he and Lee and Steven together are a really good trio. Yeah, all all of their stuff was just so fun. Man, Like I love that there's a cooler full of milk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the court jesters and Shakespeare, you know, there's this like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern or you know, these guys on.
Speaker 4: The side just crack just cracking me up throughout. It's really really well done.
Speaker 3: It was nice to see, Uh, is this the first time we've seen Alex and Quinn like their friendship? Because it was great.
Speaker 2: I love their budding friendship. It started last week in the bachelorette party, and it's so nice, especially to get to see Alex have a dynamic with another woman, because it's not flirtation, it's not all of the sort of obvious hot girl doing sexy whatever with the guys. You get to see this sort of really human side of her and hear what she's going through, and I just think it's so refreshing. And Janna is so she's so emotionally tender about all this stuff, and it's really nice to see the two of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great. I've said this before, but I don't think Alex would have been nearly as successful in the hands of a different actor, because if you can't land that vulnerable sincerity, I just it doesn't it doesn't give you the same luxury of going so big with everything else, Like it's those moments that kind of ground everything, like.
Speaker 4: Her early days.
Speaker 5: She's so easy to hate a character like that, and then suddenly she'll be so raw and vulnerable and you just immediately go, oh, oh my god, this is a human being who has.
Speaker 4: Stuff going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's able to really seesaw in those moments, like when Quinn asks her if she can keep a secret and Alex goes on a tangent about this one time she told her friend Kimmy she'd keep a secret and then forgot and then told four people and one of them was Kimmy. Like, it is so silly and funny, and it's such a nice way to break up a moment that Quinn is having with something really heavy and dark. And I think it's part of why I'm having such a good time as a viewer watching them together, because in a way, it's like, you know, we talked about how Quinn was brought in to be, you know, to fill the kind of Lucas void like this very you know, emotional, artistic person, and getting to see her also be silly is really fun and it gives me like early Lucas and Haley dynamics almost watching Quinn and Alex now and I love it.
Speaker 5: Also, it's funny because the last time I was on you guys, we were watching a bunch of beautifulomen fight in a swimming pool. Yeah, and they were having here and it's nice to see two women like take care of each other and you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we caught glimpses of this side of Alex in scenes with Julian. But then the problem was it would always just have a tendency to revert back to some sort of like sexual nature, you know. And with Millie there was opportunities for vulner ear. There was moments of vulnerability, but then it would go back to that like what's up, bitch, hey, bitch, like it would kind of go back to the surface. With Quinn, though there is neither of those. Yeah, So it's just nice. And I like that she was self aware enough to go because listen, when someone wants to tell a secret, I think the general instinct is to be like, yeah, tell me. I love that she was self aware and honest enough to go, I'm actually the last person you should tell. Here's why that was so endearing.
Speaker 2: Man's so cute and funny. And then what I love is because they're having this really endearing budding friendship. When Millie turns out to already be tipsy from the good blue drink from the new bartender, and she sits down and says, well, maybe Chase and me are going to have the slutty wedding sex and looks at them, and you know, Chantelle looks at Lisa like, what are you doing? And Jannel looks so shocked, and Lisa goes, did I say that out loud?
Speaker 3: It's just like, you don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like everybody's not doing the thing you're expecting their character to do, and it's just hilarious and exactly the you chose endearing, And I'm having so much fun watching everybody in the dynamic. Can I say one thing though, that I actually thought was ridiculous? And I get why, but it's impossible, I know, to have one hundred people dancing at a wedding and have any kind of continuity when you're filming these scenes. But the fact that nobody dances at the wedding except me and you and then us and the parents drives me nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where's the party? Where's the dance party?
Speaker 3: Where is the rager?
Speaker 2: Like Brooke and Julian are gonna throw a rager and you never see it because it would have been a continuity nightmare. But it's like a thing that sticks out to me like a sore thumb.
Speaker 3: Okay, the one, yes, I agree with that, I have one I bumped on as well. Okay, And it was towards the end of the reception. It's a room full of giant banquet tables as you do at a wedding, and then there's one rain them four top that Alex is sitting out by herself like it's the reject table to then, of course, give a space for Quinn to come and have a heart to heart with her. But I'm like, get the hell out of here. There has never been a fore top at a web reception.
Speaker 5: No, that is so funny that that was in a production meeting, Like how can we visually just make her look so sad and alone?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Reality and yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we can't trust the actor to convey she's lonely and sad, so let's put her at a small table by herself. Well, I want to address the dance part thing, because that's that's my one one of my issues with television sometimes is time and money and and just getting getting the script right like when when you can.
Speaker 4: It's easier in a movie, but there are shows.
Speaker 5: That where there is a little bit more freedom, Like say it, Greg Prange was like, we're just going to shoot some dancing, Like we might cut together Am and TAJ and throw a song on it and it would be so awesome. But in TV that's really hard to do and get permission to do, even if you're great, you know, like because what it's eight days of shooting and we got to get all this stuff and then get out of there. And you know, that's one thing like I've tried to remember now, like when I just made my movie, it's like, don't get so like myopic about this script and what's on the page and our opportunities. Even if like it's in the moment and you go, hey, just roll and then sixty people just dance for literally twenty seconds. Yeah, it doesn't take a long time, and with a few cuts that could become something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like that's such a.
Speaker 5: TV thing where there's not a lot of room for especially you know, like networking, traditional networky stuff.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot of room for improvisation or an idea popping out at the last second.
Speaker 3: And going back to the the Alex of the So, the last time we saw Alex and Chase interact, it was that scene a trick in the stock room, after like Alex and Mia have bonded and it seems that they're both just going to like give up on Chase. Yeah, Alex follows him into the stock room and then kisses him and is like, hey, I'm still into you, by the way, and then we've never nothing ever came of that though, No odd right, I mean, I'm not missing anything, am I?
Speaker 2: I don't think so there's.
Speaker 3: Been no discussion. We never saw Alex talk about it, we never saw Chase talking. It just seemed to me like that was about to be the beginning of something.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: And we've also remember we've had this big gap what did we say, it was like a month or six weeks or something from the Storm Night where Quinn almost dies again where Brooke dies for two and a half minutes. Thank God for Julian. Also Austin, we talked about like one of our honorable mentions in that episode was absolutely you hulking me out of the water. We were like, oh my god, anyone ever looked more like a hero. But like the we don't want to dwell in the scary and so we're going to do a time jump, do the bachelorette party. There's all these things that fall through the cracks where you're like, wait a second, I get that we didn't want to stay in the sads, but also in this gap, we've lost We've lost the follow up to some pretty big story points. Because even when this episode started and Alex was saying to Quinn when they were getting set up, oh, well, you know, Chase is going with Mia and she's like, yeah, just as friends, I'm like, wait, but since when and why would they do that? Like what was the impetus for them deciding to go on a platonic date to Brooke and Julian's wedding And we have no reason?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that was just a casualty of an ensemble cast and forty minutes of content, you know. Yeah, it's just they can't service everything. One couple that did get at the moment they deserved was Mouth and Millie. When Skills is about to not let Million and then Mouth goes, not, she's my girlfriend. She can come in. I was like, it's about time we make it official again. You guys, yes, freaking cuties.
Speaker 2: They are so sweet. I also love Alex being like, well, why don't you go find Melvin and get it on, Like she still doesn't know Mouth's name. A couple of things that I thought were so great, Oh my god, Carol Cutshaw and the wardrobe department. Crushed for Daphne. She looked like a Chanelle model straight off the runway. She gave me that like nineties runway Claudia Schiffer energy. I was obsessed with her and one of the things that stood out to me as being so genius. And I know we touched on a little bit, but I'm curious what you remember is Austin, you being sandwiched between Sharon Lawrence and Gregory Harrison bickering at each other. Yep, and then you take charge, You save Quinn. The whole thing is so awkward and you just shut it down.
Speaker 4: I loved that scene for a couple of reasons.
Speaker 5: One is because they're so funny and they're the center of that scene, and two because I didn't really have to do anything. I'm just sitting there watching a tennis match.
Speaker 4: It's so fun.
Speaker 5: But anytime I got to work with Sharon or Gregory was always so fun. They were such like just pros, and you know, they've just been at it forever and so many cool movies and shows. And felt so lucky to have them play my parents. And what a treat when we're saying our vows and she's crying. I laughed out loud when he hands her the clean.
Speaker 3: Next Yes, I wrote that down too.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 2: It's really nice that little shift between them. And it was also so sweet to see the parents all crying. Yeah, because we've all had such drama with our parental characters and it's so adorable that there was just not a dry eye. And I loved it.
Speaker 3: I loved Victoria. I like that we're getting back to the Victoria Brook dynamic we had at the start of the season, with her showing up with the with the veil that you caught as a little girl that she had kept all these years. I thought that was awesome. And then you know, at first, when your dad wasn't or Brook's dad wasn't showing up, and you know, she kind of makes her a comment like I wouldn't hold your breath or something. I was like, ah, come on, like be supportive of your kid. You know, you don't need to like toss a dig. And but then when she walked back in and was like, I'm so sorry, you know, and then you I think, Brook says something effective like what are we going to do? And she says, We're gonna do what we've always done, and she walks you down the aisle. And then later when it's the father daughter dance, Paul dances with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sweet, I just I liked to see these faulted parents really stepping up and showing up for their kids today.
Speaker 2: And I loved that Paul said, well, you're my daughter now. Yeah, vulnerable. We shared about what he looks back on that he's missed, that he regrets, because it's such a nice it's a nice callback again to that fight that Brooke and Paul had years ago where she tells him, like, your kid misses you. He holds onto this one memory because it's all he's got, and in a way he's able to say without saying that what she called him out on shifted his behavior and now he can be there for her too. It's so touching and just.
Speaker 3: It's it's vulnerable as well, because he could have just been a hero in that moment. He could have just said the cool line, but instead he was he was sort of like he was kind of like minings his past mistakes to help humanize her dad and help brook understand the situation, which was just a generous thing to do. It wasn't necessary, it didn't make him look any better, but like, I just love that he was willing to like be a peer, not like the flow, like the flawless parent. He was like, yeah, man, I've actually screwed up a ton, so you know, it was just it was a class. It was a good move. You know, it was integrity, which is sort of Brooks strike zone. The whole listens trains Marry Me. I mean that's got to be like top three all time wedding songs, right, It's gotta be, because as soon as that song came on, I'm like, well I'm done. And then that whole montage walking down the aisle was dumb cute. I said this in the Q and A, but like, I have never seen any of your stuff from season six, so I was thrilled to get to see stuff. Also shout out to Austin's high haircut in the back of his hair that I had heard about on this podcast but never seen until this flashback. But it was all so sweet and so effective. And then you guys just did such a good job with keeping everything like nothing felt reached for. It was all honest, which is all I ever really want to see, you know. It just felt like it was grounded, It was sincere, and it was so fun to watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the token thing with Jamie the little haf I was kind of like, you know, in the beginning with the rabbit, I was kind of like, this feels it feels like it was a little half ass or something. But then when I'm standing at the altar and I handed to him and I say, I found my other half.
Speaker 4: It just worked. He made me cry, And I'm like, why am I.
Speaker 5: Being critical of the first scene when that ship works and when he handed him the token, he said he's looking at his bride at the end.
Speaker 4: Of the other end of the the church. It's I got emotional to it. It's so good.
Speaker 5: It was such a good little little story about you know, a little keepsake that reminds you of, you know, this thing you hope for the future.
Speaker 4: It was really really beautiful.
Speaker 3: I liked that. I mean, I know, it's one thing to be the actor who's reading it and then preparing for how you're going to sell it, But as just the viewer I was. I was on board from the jump with it.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, I like it too. It worked in the end.
Speaker 5: It was only the beginning that it was throwing you, but that was probably just because I was the guy who had to do it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I loved that they took a moment to have fun at Chase's expense and have the Chase clone bartender who even did the finger guns and served a blue drink. But of course it's like the same way that we emasculate the show attempted to emasculate Julian. I like the way that it just straight up insulted Chase. And also it works.
Speaker 5: This drink has just followed him through the years, and it's just I mean, I wonder if there's another runner through the show that's as used as much as that one.
Speaker 4: That drink is everywhere.
Speaker 3: Oh it still goes because I don't think there's a scene. I don't know if it's happened yet actually, but I know for a fact if it hasn't. There's a scene coming up where we're at trick and I think Nathan goes up first and has a sip of it and he slaps Chase and walks away, and then moments later Chase comes up. Excuse me, Clay comes up and has a sip and also slaps Chase. I mean he that dude, he gets drug through the mud over that drink. Tell me, how did you feel about Chase and Mia hooking up in the back of the wedding Limo amazing. I was not expecting that.
Speaker 5: I would say, Look, you know, the bride may feel differently, but I'm trying to decide if I should share a story here.
Speaker 3: Or not share it.
Speaker 5: There was a time, many many, many, many moons ago where I made something happen on the premises at a wedding, and why I talk to other people about it, and it's a thing people like it happens.
Speaker 3: It is a thing thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not saying it happens every wedding, but I think it's a thing that happens, and I think it's kind of fun and silly and cute, and of course, you know, you get the like ooze and the gross and all that, but I think if it's you know, if it's done right, I think it's kind of funny and adorable.
Speaker 3: Okay. Can I ask was it inside or outside this Dallian Severe, I'll never tell. Oh, dang, you know, I love that you're a gentleman most of the time, but right now it's really grinding my gears. You know what.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: What I wanted to address was I've been deep in it with my movie with music and trying to get songs, and when I watched television, I I can't believe how much money is spent. And this song you mentioned was the Train song. And then Don't You Forget About Me, which is you know, fster hit song. I'm sitting here going that's forty grand, that's sixty grand, that's twenty grand.
Speaker 4: Ye like, I'm going, holy crap. How does the show pay for these? Every week?
Speaker 3: I got paid in craft services. That's how they used my salary for good tunes. And listen, if it's going to be simple Minds and Train, I'm okay with it for this episode. I'll get paid in fun Yan. We loved it well. You two were so good in this episode. You always are. You know, I've been saying since I started this that I became a big, brilliant stand So it was really nice to see, especially after what we've been through this season. It's just been so heavy that the Bachelorette party episode was the palate cleanser we all needed, and then this just warm feels. There was no cat stuck in a tree. It was just a beautiful wedding with people that we like. It was great and you two did such an awesome job.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: It was really I wrote down and it's gonna maybe seem a little bit silly, but watching this, it really felt like I was I'm watching people I know get what they want, you know, Like it genuinely felt like such a happy thing for some people who deserved it and needed it. And it's like, it's an interesting thing to feel that sort of connection to, you know, characters that we made up because they're not real people, but we played them for so long that they almost feel like they are. And it was I don't know, it was just nice to see this. To your point, Rob, it was nice to see some warmth and some happiness and some levity after all the very intense drama and violence of the season. Yeah, it was sweet.
Speaker 3: Also shout out to Joy's pregnancy glow, which was very real in this episode, the scene where she comes into the bridle room. Yeah, when it's just the two of you, I pause and I was like, oh my god, look at the glow on Joy Man.
Speaker 2: And the hair is so good, and I mean the dress they put her in was so great, and I even loved, you know, looking back on it, obviously because Joy was pregnant with Maria. Like even the throwaway joke she makes in the morning when she has like gorgeous BedHead and she's like, I join you, but I don't want to go into labor on your wedding day. Like the whole thing works. It's so funny, and she looks so beautiful. And she was such a trooper. I mean, those were long days and she hung out and was like, I'm minute to win it.
Speaker 4: How many months do we think she wasn't then?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't know if she was mad at me. But did you give birth during the season?
Speaker 2: She did? Yeah, that's right, Yeah far away. Yeah, she was pretty close. She was probably, I mean she had to be like seven or eight once at this point, because I remember, and we talked about this, that when Haley has lydia, Joy gave birth in the middle of that episode when we were filming and then had to come back and pick up those scenes and was like, absolutely not. There's no way I can pretend to give birth on camera now that I've just done it, Like, this is fucked up. I can't. And so I don't remember what episode that is, but it's I think it's pretty close.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And something I loved too that they did, And what a great call of Greg is when Joy's giving Haley's speech that is so funny and sweet and lovely. She said to me, she says, looking at me, it was in the eye, and I did this to her at the table, and then she did it back to me, and Greg was like, I love that. Do it again, and he very smartly cut it in the opposite order, so you know, she says it and then does the thing, and then you cut to me and I do the thing, and it was this really sweet moment. I don't know why Joy and I were so deadlocked on each other, and yes, it's about Brooke and Haley, but it was also so clearly about us, and we just had this moment and we did this thing, and then I'll never forget Greg running in and being like, do it again, do it again?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, And it made the show. And now it's a thing that people like, like you're saying with your high five Austin, Like people will do that to us at conventions and stuff, and it's you never know what's going to hit.
Speaker 5: Also, why smart guy, and so you could direct her because when you see those little things that happen, you got to grab them and it's lightning in a bottle and like, yeah, those are the things that make something unique and special and good for him.
Speaker 3: I remember I have a little behind the scenes moment that I remember from doing this episode when we were all you know, anytime you get the whole cast together, it's problems because we're like kids who have never been allowed to sit next to each other in class, and now on the field trip, we're all in the same bus.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a disaster.
Speaker 3: And so it was me, Colletti, James Antoine like all sitting in a pocket, right, And I'll never forget you guys were up up on the altar, so we must have been doing some sort of establisher or something, but like we were getting close to you. I mean we must have been shooting like over you onto us, because I remember you guys were actually performing and one of the group I believe, I believe Antoine started to doze. Not because of you, guys, it was just, you know, a long day. Whatever, it's Antoine, you know, it's just funny. He starts to dose and we started laughing and then we got quite literally church giggles, and I remember feeling so bad because at one point, so if you turned on and you were like, guys, like we were totally not helping the situation. And it was one of those ones that was like, I am trying to be here for you, but unfortunately the giggles have taken over. And then it's like, you know it is, I stop it, but then I hear James snickering and it starts again.
Speaker 2: We love Antoine, but when anyone starts snoring while you're rolling, it's really hard to not lose it. And to your point, it was such a long day and the reason it was hard for us up there is because we had one camera doing coverage in a tight shot and a camera at a perpendicular angle shooting a two shot of us with you guys all in the background. So we were doing a wide shot which is totally inconsequential at the same time as we were doing our coverage, and it was like please to please please, Yeah, And it was hard.
Speaker 3: Also, it was towards the end of the day, and this is arguably the most important shot of your two characters so far. It's so important. So it's tough. It's already the end of the day. Energy's waning, and then you have the peanut gallery. You hear a faint snoring and then a bunch of grown man children giggling about it. Yeah. I mean the fact again that you pulled off that scene so well, kudos to the two of you. But I will never forget that moment where it was like so if it was like you were the mom going like you better.
Speaker 2: Pull your together at the similar exit people are watching, I will not have you behaved this way.
Speaker 3: But I remember you turning around being like guys and just feeling like fudge, I'm blowing this.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 5: That would have been a great little thing, like at the beginning of the episode, Clay like admits to somebody that he has like a church giggle problem, like a real issue.
Speaker 3: That would have felt very Clay as well.
Speaker 4: Hold it in the whole show.
Speaker 2: It would have been great.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Clay, I liked that when Quinn admits to stocking Katie that he'd just let her off the hook. Yeah, I'm glad that it's because we haven't even really we hadn't had a chance to see them like what their process was of her telling him about that, any of that. But I just appreciate the fact that it's like they've been through hell and he's like, I'm glad you're okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well cool, you know what. It's such a lovely apology scene, and it's nice that we get to it because it's serious with some humor, as we said earlier, with Quinn and Alex, especially Alex being like, yeah, you better tell him because there's a chance I might, like there's levity. And then when you guys sit together, you're both so dropped in, you're so vulnerable. Chantelle looks so afraid to tell you this thing, and when she does, and you ask why. I loved that they didn't give her some big justified whatever she just said. I don't know, and it was so honest, and you two basically got to sit with each other and look at each other and admit that, yeah, you don't always know what you're doing, but you love each other and it's so refreshing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a good amount of grace there to just go yeah, okay. Like to me, it was another one of going like, oh, yeah, that's your person, not raking you over the coals. It's not a whole big thing. It's like, yeah, we both almost died, so let's just okay, Yeah, lesson learned, Let's move on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I thought you guys were beautiful. What are we? Oh? I have a shout out something that I love? And you know, we got we got to really craft Brooke and Julian's valves, which I thought we crushed. And I loved that we managed to get some humor in our scene. In so many of these scenes, like we've been talking about throughout the episode, I love the moment where we're in the truck and you call me missus Baker and I just call you miss Davis and we both laugh. It's like it's such a perfect button for Brooke to be like cute.
Speaker 4: Also, you it's so exactly who you are, who Brooke is. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It was so sweet.
Speaker 3: We got a question from Lisa. She asks, besides Brook's father not showing up, there wasn't a dramatic storyline for this wedding. If you got to choose something dramatic to happen at their wedding, what would you want that storyline to be.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh, it's a good question, but I almost My immediate reaction is no, I don't want anything dramatic to happen at the wedding because that skills whole storyline is preventing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. My first thought was, like the catering gets goofed up, like it has to be something you can live without, you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: Like if the cold Feet thing has been done so many millions of times, and you know, if I like Brooke and Julian having a successful, great wedding, but if there was something going awry behind the scenes, and then somebody else was the hero that fixed it.
Speaker 2: That would have been fun. Like if you and I never knew about it, but something was happening in the background and one of our characters was on this sort of wild goose chase to fix it, and then the wedding goes off without a hitch. That would have been cute.
Speaker 5: Maybe Antoine did actually Hills actually did stop the event.
Speaker 3: That was yes, yeah, if it wasn't just the truck, there actually was eminent danger that he took care of and told no one, go one.
Speaker 4: He's a silent hero. He walks back into the church. Oh that would be gold.
Speaker 2: That would have been nice. Okay, yes, yes to that.
Speaker 3: Honorable mentions definitely Antwine. Mm hmmm same.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm also going to give an honorable mention to le Goldstein's bouquet catch because her flying through the air into that still shot from Quinn's camera and then the bouquet coming up into frame just absolute physical comedy. Gold.
Speaker 5: Also to the little girl who played young Brook. I just loved that moment and she did such a great job. And you often wonder like where are they now and who is she now?
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, that would be fun to know, so well.
Speaker 3: Shout out to you a young girl to be Jojo Siwa.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Oh should we spin a wheel?
Speaker 2: Let's do it?
Speaker 3: What does that mean you're about to find out Austin.
Speaker 2: Most likely to like in the yearbook get Ready superlative time.
Speaker 3: Most likely to make friends with a stranger on vacation for.
Speaker 2: The whole cast character and castmate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I want to say Clay, but no, no, no, no, that's more rob than Clay.
Speaker 3: I'd say Julian. Really, Julian, You're see he's so open yeh, yeah, interesting, I would say Julian, and then I would agree me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm into it.
Speaker 3: How about you, guys?
Speaker 2: I think you're both correct. It feels like a unanimous vote.
Speaker 4: We'll take the win, Robin, I will take make down the author.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write so much more Julian Clay fan fiction. What would our couple name be? Would it be Julie Lay? Wait, no, Clay, Cullian Lulian Clulian Oh Colulian. Oh you heard it first listeners.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll try it out both ways. I'll put it in all of my fiction both ways, and we'll see which one sounds the best. Well, that wraps it up. Next episode, we got season eight, episode fourteen, Holding out for a Hero, Austin, It's always so good to see you and talk with you buddy the best.
Speaker 4: I love you, guys, it's so fun. I miss you.
Speaker 2: We love you, we miss you. We can't wait to see your movie. Thank you okay, I fam Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queens O t H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 1: We all about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about.
Speaker 4: Them high school queens Forever.
Speaker 2: We'll take you for a ride and our comic girl sharing for the right teams Drama, Queens, up
Speaker 1: Girl fashion with your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama, Queens