Speaker 1: Hello everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm Devin Simoon and I'm Anise Ferra, and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast, and today we're covering episodes nine and ten of The Challenge Free Agents. And remember you can watch The Challenge free Agents along with us right now for free. Go to Paramount plus dot com and use code Challenge Pod to try one month free.
Speaker 3: Okay, episodes nine and ten, the CC just gets better and better.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I mean, okay.
Speaker 2: Fighting, running towards each other, people putting balls in the wrong places.
Speaker 3: Laurel and Kara.
Speaker 2: You know that jet com and Kara thereson everybody.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: So good, so much happening, And we're going to get into it because we have a very special guest to talk to about the episodes. But before we do, let's talk about our throwback moment of the episode, and let's talk about our let's leave that in the past.
Speaker 1: I'll go first this time.
Speaker 3: I think my throwback moment, and this is of nine or ten. I think it would have to be Kara versus Laurel, and I know that we don't know how that plays out yet, but just the fact that we've been building and building and building. I think it's so satisfying when a show that you're watching or any kind of story, there's nothing worse when you don't get a resolve or things don't come to a head. So I love that we get to see that organically. And the thing I think we'd leave in the past would have to be I mean, I get why they voted Kara in, but I actually didn't love it. I also didn't love Kara taking out her anger on Jess. I really feel like Jesscott was kind of like picked on a little bit. So I'm gonna say picking on rookies in that way like Jess earned her stripes, I'm gonna say that one was not my favorite.
Speaker 1: And she put up a hell of.
Speaker 4: A fight, Yeah, she really did.
Speaker 1: What about you and Nini?
Speaker 2: I don't know a moment of the episode, I mean, Johnny and Nannie pulling off that win with that tangram. I don't know if we'll ever see it again. So it's a moment, you know what, It's definitely a moment. Let's leave that in the past.
Speaker 5: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I would leave in the past.
Speaker 1: Liked it all voting car even though she's injured.
Speaker 2: I mean that sucks, yes, but like it's happened to more people, so yeah, I mean it sucks though, So we can't leave it in the past.
Speaker 4: If you want, we got to agree to leave it in the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Also leave my anger in the past that we were supposed to be done twenty five minutes ago.
Speaker 3: It took you twenty five minutes to figure out what you wanted to leave in the past, so that could be part of the reason.
Speaker 4: So I guess you get your paint prushures back.
Speaker 3: Is this episode is brought to you by Fun because it will be fun so excited to have this trio back together again, Anissa, myself, and the fabulous champion that is John.
Speaker 5: Ay.
Speaker 3: She's coming to us straight from Nest in Nashville, where Anissa will be soon. So for those who are keeping an eye on NISA's whereabouts meet her Nest.
Speaker 4: Wow, thank you.
Speaker 2: I'd like to be like, we're in the world, is Carmen san Diego. I don't want people to know where I am.
Speaker 1: But wasn't the point of that show for us to figure it out?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then it couldn't cature because she was somewhere else all the time. I'll be in Nashville some month at some point this year.
Speaker 1: See there you go.
Speaker 3: But what she'll be doing right now is discussing Free Agents episode nine and ten with me and John Ay coming up. So you won't want to miss this. Don't go anywhere. We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 1: She is an icon. She is the moment.
Speaker 3: She is someone who has let me stay on her couch once when she was in LA and having her baby.
Speaker 1: Shower for her first child.
Speaker 3: She is brilliant, She is beautiful. She is a multi time champ. She is John Nay.
Speaker 4: Round of.
Speaker 3: Yes, back to back. Drake was wrapping about you are we surprised though I know he's a fan of yours.
Speaker 4: I know, I wasn't going to say anything. Actually, I was kind of.
Speaker 5: Like, you're.
Speaker 4: Welcome, you know, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good? Really good? Uh, full fledged summer over here at my house. You know, two kids, summertime, mom, So.
Speaker 3: What do you do in the summer time with the kids? Because how old are they now?
Speaker 6: So Nally will be seven in August and cal just turned three.
Speaker 4: Oh so cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I just I basically say I say goodbye to like all my friends and everybody, and like, I can't have any conversations because I, you know, have to be with them one hundred percent. Summertime for moms is very it's a lot.
Speaker 2: But well, I would like to go back to a time where we didn't have any kids and maybe we had edibles.
Speaker 1: We do have any kids. I first got those from Johnny too.
Speaker 4: Actually I have like a lollipop.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you guys are talking about.
Speaker 4: I don't know either. She loved candy though.
Speaker 2: It's funny because Johnny, we're not on either one of the episodes we're going to discuss. But that's okay, right because I haven't watched them until last night.
Speaker 1: Johnny, did you watch them?
Speaker 6: I just watched them today and I didn't before, and so I was like, I wonder if they know that, like I left episodes, I had to like look it up, like when did I go home? But yeah, no, I watched them today and had free agents like back in the good days right at the challenge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was going against It was heartbreaking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really hated that.
Speaker 4: I was that that was so sad.
Speaker 6: Watching watching free Agents. That's like this was this was the beginning, like this is a pretty good season, like an iconic season of like you know, it was the beginning of a lot of like rivalries, the beginning of a lot of friendships, you know, big sister, little sister. And he said, that's what we have going on. But yeah, it was. It was good to like go back and do blast from the past and see what happened after I left for.
Speaker 3: Both of you, Because you guys weren't there, I'm curious what were your thoughts watching this daily.
Speaker 7: I like to welcome everybody to dugout all right.
Speaker 5: As you can see, there are.
Speaker 7: Six giant ramps dug out into the ground. There are also six backs of balls, three colored, three black. So to begin, one player is going to start next to the colored balls, with their partner being directly across from them, next to the black balls. When I say go, you guys are going to transfer the balls as fast as you can.
Speaker 5: You know, only moved the balls from the side you started on.
Speaker 7: I remember, guys, all these ramps meet up in the middle. There's gonna be some hard hits, for sure.
Speaker 3: Like seeing it now, if you had showed up, would you have been I see Anie's face. Would you been excited about it or would you been like, are you glad you missed? Not glad you missed it, but you know what I mean, kind of like glad I didn't have to do that.
Speaker 4: I would have loved it. I would have been happy to do it. I would have bought it if I would have approached it like ct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like y'all, wait.
Speaker 4: A minute, I'm gonna lay out.
Speaker 6: Would have been right in your real house. And for me, you know I'm doing I loved episode seven. You know, it's not my strength. Just running blindly in a hallway and you might run into Carl, Maria, you might run into Laurel or Devin or anybody running over you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but even this episode starts with like all of that you left?
Speaker 4: Did you leave before?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: We were there for the Kara and Laurel drama.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe I be like down hill the very beginning of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, this episode starts with them just fighting.
Speaker 4: Eventually there's going to be a choice between Klara, Devin, Laurel, and Jessica. And that's a difficult decision.
Speaker 6: How is that a difficult decision between three people?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Shot the up.
Speaker 4: Because I promised Devin, I don't want to send a nanny, and Jessica has been like.
Speaker 6: Nice the entire time.
Speaker 3: You're saying that I'm an option.
Speaker 4: You're annoying me not being so paranoid.
Speaker 6: I am not going to vote for you. I'm allowed to tell car Maria if she's being annoying.
Speaker 4: You don't get it.
Speaker 6: I just don't understand, like you don't follow what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I know I'm frolicking in left field.
Speaker 4: You're annoying, don't speak.
Speaker 6: I don't wait when people do.
Speaker 2: It and then seeing the perfect challenge to go after, like when you really pissed at somebody, Yeah, the perfect thing that you want to do after that is just run into someone respectfully.
Speaker 4: But that's how you break another ankle.
Speaker 2: So for me, I probably like I talk ship now because it's like so far in the past. But I wouldn't have I mean, I played by the rules for the most part.
Speaker 3: Right, But if you've done an extra shoulder check, because I do. I think if Anissa was there, she would have dominated that I did it with j and.
Speaker 4: Kayla, Jenna and Kayla one after the other.
Speaker 6: I just for me, I'd be like, sorry, guys, like, wait, you want to go okay?
Speaker 4: AnyWho?
Speaker 2: Bad luck Chuck, car Maria up pulling that god damn kill card again.
Speaker 5: Maria, I'm on down. Good job, Carl, that's the kill card. You know.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen this one yet, though I'd give it a go. He really, Okay, Can I just point something out that I think I don't know? Okay, So it's a mix of everything happens for reason blah blah, which I think is so poignant because Johnny said on last episode when we lose John Ay, but Johnny, you said something an interviewer along along the lines of it just wasn't my time, you know, like that's okay, this time just wasn't my time. And it's so poignant, especially seeing where you are now, right, and like how you have come back and dominated and the story that that is now that yet just wasn't your time then, right.
Speaker 6: So was the height of like, you know, probably when my challenge career could have been really you know, taken off. But I was just a completely different person back then. It's like coming into this to talk about, you know, free agents, I was just like free agents. I don't really remember very much of it, and I mean why I was there even after it happened, I wasn't really myself, but it's crazy. I guess I I guess I called it that it wasn't my time, you know, it wasn't. And luckily I was given a chance to come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and winning back to back, like you said, which is amazing. Something that also strikes me about this these episodes right now we're talking about episode nine. But and tell me if you guys agree in watching them, but the perspective of Kara and Teresa, I feel like they they share the same perspective and we see them kind of go at it in an upcoming episode right in episode ten a little bit. But everyone else, including you and Lissa, like including John Ay, everyone else where things happen, whether you got voted in or you lost that daily or whatever, everyone else I felt like, for the most part, kind of went inward, right, which is more like, oh that sucks, I should do better, or oh that sucks maybe next time, or oh like just in general, or or you know, my team could be better. But I just feel like, whereas I feel like with Teresa and car Maria, there was a constant narrative of everything happens to me. Everyone's doing everything to me. It's everyone's fault because they're doing this to me.
Speaker 6: Even with Laurel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even with Laurel coming after Teresa, she's like, Laurel's so mean and granted Laura was mean this season, but she's like, Laurel so mean and mean to me. But you shot the gun first at her, like Laurel never said your name in the beginning of the season. You shot the gun first at her in a pretty big way.
Speaker 1: You missed.
Speaker 3: Yes, now she's coming for you, because that's how Laurel operates. Like we all knew that, and it's and there's no ownership of that. It's it all happens to me. And Kara got the crap into the stick. There is no denying she was just in a long term, committed relationship with the draw and the kill card. But even then she started to get mad at everyone else who we don't kill cards, we don't pick who, you know whatever.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard time sometimes when you have, when you take that approach to everything's happening to me, this is the worst. Everybody's against me. I mean, we all sign up to come on the show. I think when I was like watching episode nine, I was like, this is so weird because this this reminds me of like present day of like you know, Kellyanne and I for instance, It's like there's two very different you know, when when Laurel and Carl were arguing and you know, Laurel said someone like shut up Kara or whatever it is, which isn't, you know, obviously nice, but you kind of have to like know Laurel to know what she was meaning.
Speaker 2: You know, but that's exactly what you meant, right, no other things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, her playing the game to Karl Maria, I was like, man, that kind of feels like me and Kellyanne. It's like there's two very separate things, like you have to separate like the game from friendship, and then it's like once again it's intertwined. Like that's when everything gets like really you know, messy. I mean, I guess that's what makes the show great.
Speaker 2: It's just I can see that it really hurt Car. So even if you were I think that Laurel wasn't understanding why why Car was so emotional about it, and you just have too.
Speaker 6: She's like, this is a game, talking about what I'm trying to say to you right.
Speaker 2: These are two different perspectives, but I think Laurel should have apologized, like, I'm sorry for talking to you that way. However, this is also a game, you know, like I am sorry, but I also want you to understand, which has nothing to do with the things that are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the communication is a game. It's your your ego. It's your ego, or you're being stubborn, getting stubborn. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Sure, she didn't say ship.
Speaker 4: She didn't say ship.
Speaker 2: And then I'm thinking about it, I'm like, we were all like near thirty, Like, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: I was like twenty twenty four?
Speaker 2: Yeah, same, I'm just kidding. I was, wait, how old are you eight?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Just turned thirty five?
Speaker 6: Okay eighty?
Speaker 4: Oh, so I was, yeah, I'm six years older than you.
Speaker 1: I was barely legal.
Speaker 4: How old are you now, Johnny.
Speaker 6: I'm thirty four. I'll be thirty five this year.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I got like six years on both of you. That's fine.
Speaker 2: That's probably why I got annoyed with everything because I was older. But even you, even in your complaints with Laurel and watching this episode, they were valid, and you I felt like you still took like a certain level of like I don't know and it and yeah, I try to make sure it's not like a bias like perspective because obviously, like we're co hosts.
Speaker 1: I'm watching now.
Speaker 3: But genuinely, I feel like there was a certain level of ownership around you, being like I'm gonna own this, I'm gonna take that, you know what, like navigating your own versus right being like, oh my god, they're doing there.
Speaker 2: You know, you guys all voted me in, and I definitely was hurt by, like yeah, yeah but evil.
Speaker 4: But I also was like, well.
Speaker 2: If they all say it like I'm going in, so like yeah, getting upset about it.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 6: I was watching. When I was watching the episode, I noticed that you do a really good job of like being a meati, Like I don't know if you were like a sounding word for everybody, but people don't come to you like with their problems, but you're like, you know, it's okay, Everything's going to be fine. This is how you feel. This is probably where you should head from this direction.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Honestly, that was my low key like not game, but oh.
Speaker 4: It was your game.
Speaker 2: You could say no, no, no, this is what I mean I'm going to take the brush for now.
Speaker 3: I talked about this early in this season of the podcast. I literally struck a deal. Look, I don't consider myself particularly religious religious, but I personally do believe in God. And I actually sort of said, uh, because I was just enjoying the experience in being in the house and for me, yes, a lot of money is great, but it was also I also love this show because I love hey a the authentic emotion, which I love watching it back for that, but I also love it's the challenge. It pushes you, right you every time you were pushed to see what am I capable of in these environments you didn't know? And I appreciated that, but I sort of said to God, Hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: From underneath my paint snuggy senate.
Speaker 3: And I was like, God, look, I It did become that where everyone in the house at some point, guy or girl I ended up having a very personal conversation with where they shared something in their life and we just ended up kind of chatting. And as we got further along in the season, I actually would say at eliminations to God, hey, look, if there's reason for me to still be here, if I if I can be a sounding board literally is a term for someone else who's here. Because we were all going through stuff too in the house, you know, like stuff that doesn't make the show, but my girlfriend, yeah, you're all going through stuff. And I was like, God, if I can be a sounding for someone else, Oh my god, those didn't emails that they would.
Speaker 2: My girlfriend would like these emails, and I was like so excited about getting them.
Speaker 4: That got me through that season.
Speaker 3: They would read us one like we'd have to read for us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god. And they had to race ship that they couldn't, like we couldn't talk.
Speaker 6: About if you can, if you can take like, you know, your attributes, like like for me, like I'm good at you know, I'm good with people or whatever, if you can take those attributes and you can like use it while you're there, like I mean, it's a good thing, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's really what my deal was. So as I made it further in the show, honestly, I got to a point. I remember this still standing out there one cold night and we were at the little elimination thing whatever they call it, and I remember thinking, oh, I'm definitely going in now because I've spoken to everyone in the house, Like I genuinely was like, all right, cool, I've had a moment with everyone. Hopefully it was helpful with everyone, Like my job's probably done, so I'm about to put this kill cart and not flipping it and being like now there's no make sense, Like I'm like, I know what this I don't really know. Yeah, I really was like, I mean, I'm not complaining, but I also don't really.
Speaker 6: Like Johnny Johnny Riley, He's like, he's like, I feel like I should go in, but I dropped a card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, like you own that. It was like, I should definitely go in, but I'm not. Yeah, Johnny Riley Shout out to Johnny Riley Shout out to Johnny. We both were just that.
Speaker 4: Oh he was so funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah he is organically very funny.
Speaker 4: Yes he want.
Speaker 3: He really was, and I such a crush on him really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird, right, Wait, why didn't.
Speaker 1: You ever try to like because we.
Speaker 4: Were friends and I was.
Speaker 2: Guy had a girlfriend, Like, I thought he was cute, like you know, but I didn't want to like do.
Speaker 3: Him magic Johnny mm hmmm mmm.
Speaker 4: His personality was magic. He was just so funny.
Speaker 2: And he used to imitate what her voice that was when he was like imitating a woman.
Speaker 4: I don't know, we had fun in our room.
Speaker 3: That was a really weird way to end that. And he said when he was that boys he made when he was imitating a woman, we had a lot of fun in our room.
Speaker 1: I don't know what exactly we're doing it.
Speaker 4: That's called it.
Speaker 2: That's just kicked in full force. Where like nothing none of that made sense. It's just a stream of consciousness that I speak in sometimes.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think about the whole Kara and Jessica thing? And then when Cara was telling Jessica to shut up in bed? What were your who saw you take a pill?
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 4: You take one? See? This was this was the season of gassing people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, really because it was like like I don't think Jessica would have talked to car like that if Laura wasn't there.
Speaker 3: Probably no. Yeah, but I think Kara talked to Jessica like that because she was jealous of like she was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was like, you took my friend end and now you talking about love?
Speaker 3: Yeah, fire, Yeah.
Speaker 6: She is so much to the show is like the mental part of it, Like they were just poor car Man that season, like everybody was just messing with her so much, like even even.
Speaker 3: Okay, now you sound like car Jenny. All right, everyone, we all never one's fall.
Speaker 4: I went through it except for Devin. I will.
Speaker 3: Okay if that was traumatic.
Speaker 4: But also two for one with.
Speaker 1: Two for one a bog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we are one off the mannequin.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think one of them from the two for one was the one off the mannequin, because it.
Speaker 2: Was that I wanted if I wanted to save money, be like, I'll take the one from the mannequin.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: We got Diane from the mannequin.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys have never been wig shopping, especially for like a synthetic wig. There's a store just full of them, and they do have come with names.
Speaker 2: And like, and they have a tag on them, and they come in a bag.
Speaker 1: They do come in a bag. And I brought those bags with me.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 6: My very first job was at a beauty supply store.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I feel like car was hard on Jess. I feel like actually a lot of people in the house, like I don't remember why so many people were hard on Jess, even this far into the show.
Speaker 4: Where and it was a person.
Speaker 3: I think that was it because people were like, oh, she hasn't shown anything, but she actually was good in some of the dailies. She wasn't like she was the first one and he making a face. She was the first one who got the flag.
Speaker 4: Let my face go, I.
Speaker 3: Think, so we can never let your face go.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I always coming on your face, just like you had no sand on it back in episode seven, and I was very impressed.
Speaker 1: No sand you Literally.
Speaker 4: She was so mad at was so mad at me.
Speaker 2: I think that's the first day that you were upset because I was right behind her and I was like rolling over her.
Speaker 4: That was the only time I think you ever got mad.
Speaker 3: Because it's hard. You couldn't move in my way.
Speaker 4: I'm like, bitch, I'm trying to get on my bun.
Speaker 6: That is ridiculous. Challenge I think I've ever been a part.
Speaker 3: Of So Good. It was so good, but everybody gave Jess so much crap, and even her energy when she did get voted in, was just actually quite lovely when she was like, I'm a rookie, okay. I will point out the fact that in the band it seemed like Zach The two names up for grabs were me and Jess, and then by the end no one voted for me. They all voted for Jess, when arguably Jess is probably the better physical competitor.
Speaker 4: I mean, just put it work.
Speaker 1: She did.
Speaker 3: She did so the parent I got away scot clean, Thank you Lord.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm I mean.
Speaker 2: And then poor Kahuddah, he was like a clutch purse. Oh my god, it's incredible. But it see, that's the whole thing. And we talked about this. I feel like last week, like size is just it's not a fight like this is. Yeah, it is a fight for your life, but it's not like we're not we don't have weight classes, so you get those quote unquote unfair fights like Leroy and Kahudda and Jasmine and Laurel.
Speaker 6: Yeah, elimination is always like you know what, it's not like a death sentence. It's take a chance of.
Speaker 2: Like it's also proof that in production they would always say like, oh, production's rigging it.
Speaker 4: They did this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you think they're really waiting you see this extravagant contraption like in the middle sometimes I think they waited until six seven pm for our voting to like change this. No, they Ryan well, as Ryan told me, they always have them set up, right, they have dates where they're doing them, and they're not going to change it. If there's inclement weather, they will make it for the next time. They could actually have an elimination, so it doesn't matter who's going in, they're not changing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to do that.
Speaker 6: It was so weird. Every time someone like left the house, it was like somebody died. It was like the funerals, like Tomorrow's funeral, Like I.
Speaker 2: Got so small, and I think the episode nine and ten really showed me like how many people actually left mm hmmm, because we had four people leaving a week, which.
Speaker 3: Also made it so difficult like the closer you got or did we have yeah, yeah, and then when you have the draw and you have voting, it just suddenly shrunk your you know, like it really made it very tight, like you really weren't safe unless you forced your hand.
Speaker 2: It forced your hand to like you couldn't hide anymore. Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I feel like one of the first seasons or like of its kind that really like defined like we're the challenges now, like this is like the first tester, Like hey, let's you know, in a final like put you know, different guys, different girls, whatever, And this is like what set the tone for like what's gonna happen for the you know, remaining seasons.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was a pivotal moment, Like I, free Agents really is. I feel like the further we get from free Agents, the more I appreciate it. And I think the more I know, I've seen on Reddit some people voting that it is one of their favorites or certainly in their top It just it is iconic and as much as the kill card look, I will also say I'm very glad that TJ had not implemented that you have to go into elimination to make to qualify for his final, so much that at that point, but it did set the tone for a lot of future seasons, and it did make things that much more interesting. So now we see, you know, Laurel and car it's starting to come to a head, right, And Laurel said something about Kara possibly learning a lesson, which was, yeah, I feel like, you know.
Speaker 1: It's not really.
Speaker 4: Great place to teach her a lesson.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's it.
Speaker 6: It's not Yeah, yeah, I need it just showed her that just showed like, like I said, like the the ego or the stubbornness. It's like you you know, Laurel was doing that for her own you know, I'm going to show you a lesson rather than just getting down to the root of the matter, like you guys are friends, you know, figure it out.
Speaker 4: And then cheered for Jessica the whole time.
Speaker 5: That was so.
Speaker 4: She was like, Car doesn't need anyone to cheer for her. Everybody else's.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, it is true that jess to me still got the short endings most of the season like that. That's valid and that's fair, but Laurel should have probably just passed that baton to someone else.
Speaker 6: Cheer for Jessica eliminations. People perfectly like cheer or don't cheer for people, or they want to roomin neutral whatever. Laurel was straight up like, in your faith, I am cheering for the other person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right, Well, I'm sure that didn't make Car feel And then and then she gets injured and she leaves.
Speaker 4: We see an ambulance, and this is.
Speaker 2: Where I feel like she shrinks into this like child like state house in the ambulance, just like no, it's not really like it's fine, Like you can just see her like falling apart from the outside, like just a question.
Speaker 6: So they let her stay, you know, and it was up to her with her. Has that ever happened.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's ever happened.
Speaker 6: And now if you're like even slightly injure, there's some slight liability there. It's like, no, you gotta go okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, So before we go any further, we gotta take a quick break. But you know we're gonna get into it right after this.
Speaker 2: Anyhoy, let's get back to this because people were jamming their feet all up in this water, in this muddy situation.
Speaker 4: I loved this challenge.
Speaker 5: Today. You guys are playing crossover.
Speaker 7: As you can see, we are standing next to a beautiful lagoon with a giant sandbar across the water.
Speaker 5: That sandbar has.
Speaker 7: Treasure chests with puzzle pieces in them. When I say go, you're gonna try and get across this water as fast as you can, to kick, swim, wade, whatever you gotta do, and make it across to that sandbar. Once you get to the other side, one of you guys is gonna dig up that chest. That chest contains your puzzle pieces, So you bring those pieces back across and put them on your puzzle.
Speaker 5: You didn't have to go back and find a second.
Speaker 7: Chest, only this time your partner has to dig him up. Once you bring the content of that second treasure chest back, you and your partner are gonna solve that puzzle as fast as possible. The teams that puts their puzzle together the fastest win today's challenge.
Speaker 3: Again, I feel I am so sorry, Johnny, whatever your middle name is, Riley. I just want to take a moment and again thank you for your patience with me and floating me through me.
Speaker 4: But you don't want to thank ct for what he said?
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I don't remember what said?
Speaker 2: Ceci was like, well, I'm not picking Devin because she's I don't think she's I don't want to be like she's not good enough to me.
Speaker 3: Oh but I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't blame him.
Speaker 3: Hill in the interview at one point I said, what are you gonna say something that.
Speaker 4: Out and been like, I'm gonna pick.
Speaker 3: Kara, like right like I.
Speaker 6: With a broken handy for Devin for a fully functional body.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't you know what I bet you he'd make the same choice, and I wouldn't blame him. And in the same interview, I said, uh, Johnny Riley and I are looking at each other the same because Johnny is not the strong is the weakest guy here, And I said, and I may be one of the weaker girls. And then I admitted and I said, okay, I am the weakest girl here.
Speaker 1: Which is I mean?
Speaker 3: Because and it's look, that mess was hard, that water was all deep and soggy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't blame him.
Speaker 2: So despite everything SETI said that you forgot Johnny picks you all Star team right here going into this. Do you think that you have a shot, Devin, to win this?
Speaker 3: Of course I don't think I have a shot to win this, but I you know, I see that there's a don't think the puzzle though, to say the puzzle is the thing that's giving me a little hope as an equalizer, because I'm not terrible at puzzles. So I'm like, all right, if there's going to be an opportunity, it's going to be due to this puzzle. But once we got in that water after you guys, don't see how many laps we had to do of that like it got It looks like, oh, they went across once or twice, no big deal. It got tiring because, like they said, there was like three or four feet of sludge underneath. So every step you take you're like lifting your trying to get it unstuck. It's why it looks like we're filming a nineteen eighties Jazzer's Eyes commercial at one point, because they show like Nanni and Bananas walking through the water, but they're not moving, like their legs are moving, but they're not moving.
Speaker 4: Wait, so I have a question.
Speaker 2: When you went across, you only went twice, right, it went there and back and there and back.
Speaker 3: I feel like we went more than that, but it could be the trauma. That's what they show. Yes, but I feel like it was more laps than that.
Speaker 2: On DYM But you guys only had six pieces or seven pieces to grab.
Speaker 3: No, there was at least I think eight pieces if you look at the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I've just remember was traumatic saying two big triangles, the parallel grip, two big triangles.
Speaker 6: How did you choose a partner for a tank gram? You know soon a friend. I'd be like Anissa, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: That final when we did the final All Stars one, I literally John A was right next to me. I literally turned to her and I showed her my fig I'm like, here it is, and and then I just threw it down because she was the only person that I cared about, like looking at my ship. I didn't give fun, just her. She was the only person. And it was a standing up one and it was probably one of the harder ones.
Speaker 6: Was it my whole all I remember that, like, my whole podium fell over, just fell.
Speaker 2: Over, and so did you ye, so you're you're yeah, I would have phoned.
Speaker 3: It was the sludge that was that wore everybody. It was harder and we weren't warned about what he thought we'd just be. The dig even was okay. I don't think that was as bad as literally walking. Everybody complained about that made it look like no, everybody was completing sludge.
Speaker 2: He made it. You know that he's done something before.
Speaker 4: When he made it, took it out, and then it was like oh.
Speaker 2: And then there were the puzzle pieces. I'm so surprised he did not get that puzzle immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am too. I was surprised when Nanni and Bananas.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the crazy thing because it was like it's it's after you do all these years, it goes to like ride or Dies, where like every puzzle they had to do they absolutely sucked. So I watched them do that and they were both like, I'm not a puzzle master, and he was like I can't do this shit either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then and it's funny because he says and we see a little more of that later on not to give spoiler alert, so although this season has been out for ten plus years, we see a little bit more of that because yeah, Johnny definitely wasn't seen as like being able to do puzzles, but he's not as one time. No, it comes into play a couple times. You'll see in the future it's probably the same damn puzzle. Yeah, because you guys haven't watched the rest episode, so you won't know. Okay, it's probably the same damn puzzles.
Speaker 6: Like the same one every time, Like should be like look at the tanker.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it never was. No.
Speaker 2: There was one really difficult one on Double Agents that CT got in about thirty seconds or less where.
Speaker 4: It's just where the triangles.
Speaker 2: The big triangles usually touch and it was a very awkward one. I think there was a triangle at the bottom with the longest part like flat.
Speaker 4: It was just it was different. Yeah, but they redid it in the final.
Speaker 2: Any who to be honest, I mean Teresa and Zach were a powerhouse team.
Speaker 4: In this Yes they were.
Speaker 2: They looked like a Zell's like they were. That was their natural living like habitat.
Speaker 1: But they were not powerhouse enough.
Speaker 3: Also, can I point out the hypocrisy because Teresa never says one bad thing about Zach boating her in which he did, uh the whole time, like she never says. She seems to still thrive on Zach and Zach.
Speaker 4: Also Zach, even though he was kind of an asshole this season.
Speaker 3: Oh and Zach was talking about Zach was the one who said he didn't want to pick me because I was slow or something like that. But I'm not the one who had an emotional breakdown in the final. Again, not to give things away, but pretty sure it wasn't me. So it wasn't the one with the wigs. Nope, she did not cry like a.
Speaker 6: Baby so broke down in the final. I need to go watch the final watch the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't watch some of these at some point.
Speaker 1: And he said, you'll have to because we'll be covering it.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, forgot who I was working for.
Speaker 3: And with the spoiler is Zach has a full blown emotional breakdown.
Speaker 4: He also did.
Speaker 2: Remember when we had to move rooms John A and he wouldn't move his bed and he got so and he made us move in. Yeah, and then he yelled that he had he had lost all respect for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if you don't go big as man, you could literally hold this bed up by yourself.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wild. Okay.
Speaker 3: So in the Daily, Bananas and Nanni win and then they vote in CT and Carl Maria Okay, so we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna try this one more time.
Speaker 8: Bananas, Nanni, you guys are gonna have to vote again. If you can't come to the decision, CT is gonna sit down, and both of you guys are gonna be in the elimination round. All right, So Nanni's start with you. Go ahead, what's your vote?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Carl, but I'm not.
Speaker 6: Twelve for you.
Speaker 5: So you're voting for Kara and Bananas. My vote's not changing. Sticking with kr all right, Karl, come on man.
Speaker 4: Thanks Bananas, thanks for having my back.
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's gonna be Car Maria and CT. You guys are going to the elimination.
Speaker 7: The rest of you guys are going into the draw except for Teresa and Zach.
Speaker 5: We're safe, all right. See you guys there.
Speaker 3: And I feel like this is where you're starting to see a little bit of a Bananas Like they've been playing along just kind of different sides of the track in this season, but not really shooting at each other, and now you're starting to see the beginning of this.
Speaker 2: But CT and and Johnny just had a whole conversation outside about not voting for one another, and then Johnny Banana said, and it'll be CT and he was like, that's okay because you probably don't want to run against me in a finel.
Speaker 4: And that's fine. I totally get it.
Speaker 2: And it's it's it's true, you don't want to run against ct CT in a final.
Speaker 1: What do you think about.
Speaker 3: Them picking Carl Maria given the state of her hand, What do you guys think about.
Speaker 2: That they have done this for decades. If you have an injury, if you have something your back hurts you pulled something, they will usually use that against you.
Speaker 4: And use it as an excuse to throw you in.
Speaker 6: Sure, but.
Speaker 2: I think also looking trying to, you know, foresee how things will be for the rest of the challenge. You know that people are going to be in pairs on teams. Whatever, do you want somebody who's injured on your team? And looking at how things are swimming shut right, I don't know you're.
Speaker 3: Right because I didn't even think about the fact that at this point we don't know if we're going to be put back into larger grouped pairs, because initially I'm thinking, oh, well, why would nanny care because it's a girl, But then you're right, the next episode it could be because we don't know where we are in the game, so it could be like.
Speaker 2: To say, hey, especially if they get to the next challenge and she can't do it, yeah, we'll be like, why the fuck did we put other people in?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But also you could have just put Laurel against her whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense now about this Laurel Carl Maria things. So I will say this, I did hope for this day. So as we saw them brewing, the fight happening, right. I do remember having multiple conversations, and I purposely said them out loud so that anyone could hear me. Anyone who might be listening in on our conversations at all could hear me.
Speaker 1: I did two things.
Speaker 3: One, I actually spoke to Laurel about the order of picking cars, which we had done sometimes in general. But like I think, we flipped a coin for it is what it was. We flipped a coin of who would go first to pick, because we knew it was only two of us, right, like who would go first to pick the kill card? Because that you know, that decides a fate.
Speaker 6: Right, probably similar to like what rider dies with the drawing of the swords or whatever.
Speaker 4: No, Nanny and Johnny would run every time, would be the first.
Speaker 1: Yeah see, And I never did that.
Speaker 3: Most of the time. I was lasting. Most of the time, I was last.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then in this one, I was like, hey, let's flip a coin, you know, like I kind of because neither of us, I think, we were both kind of like you do it, you can go, you can go, So you just like flip a coin, egle first whatever, yeah, yeah, and so so she was gonna so it ended up being whatever it ended up being actually don't even remember anymore. But I also said if I went first. I kept saying out loud, I was going to pick number two because my numbers are two and six, so I was going to pick the second card. I was adamant I was going to pick the second card. I was definitely going to pick the second card. And wouldn't you know then when I picked the second card, it was blank, amazing. This is why you guys should manifest and speak your dreams. You never know who's listening. All I'm saying, Anissa's hiding her face right at all I'm saying, is I just saying out loud that I was gonna pick card number two and car and I told Laurel that, like I wasn't.
Speaker 1: This was not a I just was like, I'm a pick number two. I'm a pick number two, and I picked number two. That's number two.
Speaker 3: Y'all didn't want to see me go against car Maria. Nobody wanted to see that. They all wanted to see Laurel versus Kara.
Speaker 7: You're coming down here, Laurel can flip that card. You're going against car Maria.
Speaker 6: I'm going in against someone who used to be my friend who I haven't talked to and who I don't know where our relationship stands.
Speaker 4: The whole vibe is weird.
Speaker 3: When the Laurel and Caara thing happened, it was so interesting the timing because it had just been building up all season and I feel like this is one of those seasons that you couldn't have written a better story, right, Like what I love about the Challenge and what I get asked about and having done other shows outside of the Real World Challenge shows, what I love about this show is it really is so authentic. Like, yes, things get cut, things can get edited, but the emotions you see are real as you can see the feuds that occur are real, like the you know, the pain, the broken whatever, the fight, the tears. It's real. And the producers don't actually really have to do. They do such a good job of just casting and kind of yeah, you know, laying this groundwork.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything be real. It just really makes it better for like the viewers.
Speaker 3: You know, it is so it's authentic, and people think, oh, it's you know, must have been faked, have car in law? No, it was because even like Anissa was saying around, oh, do you really think they're gonna wait till six pm and then suddenly put up this apparatus or apparatti or apparatis to not create, to create whatever the elimination is for that day. The same is true for the kill cards, because at the end of the day, it's only up to us in that very moment what we're going to do, what.
Speaker 4: We're to So they can't tell us where to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so regardless of them, and they didn't even tell us the order to line up in, so regardless of.
Speaker 2: We would fight at the end of that bridge, like we would line up right there like sardines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so act even if someone said, even like Jordan's saying, I'm gonna flip all three, they don't really know it's for sure going to happen until Jordan flips all three.
Speaker 4: So yeah.
Speaker 3: But I love that this show is so authentic and a lot of other reality shows are not, but this one really is and still is. And to see this sort of epic showdown of Kara versus Laurel, given their history, I think just couldn't have been not I don't say greater stories. I don't want to like celebrate anyone's demise, but it was just as a viewer, like pretty epic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's where are they now? You know, like, are they still were they? Were they partners on Rivals one or was it Rivals too?
Speaker 4: Wah forgot.
Speaker 2: Not to they weren't there. Carr was there on Too, but she was with Naomi. Naomi went home and then she was with Cook. But we may see them in the near future.
Speaker 3: Well we have that on the podcast recently, and it doesn't sound like the relationship ever got back to what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think they're friends at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically that basically I was trying to say it nice one.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and there's a nice way like it's not being nice or mean that the on itees they are not friends, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The more you do the show, the more friends you can acquire, the harder it is to make some of these decisions.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, maybe I maybe maybe I should.
Speaker 2: Just alter my strategy and say fuck it and not be friends with anybody anymore so that I don't have to vote any kind of way like I used to. But I mean it does make for good TV because now instead of everybody being enemies, like, well, how do you choose between your friends, which then creates new enemies such and such and so forth and so on, and then the cycle then repeats itself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I were here on season, but is it thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and seventy two.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for forty I hope that we are there, John N, Yeah, we haven't done a show together in a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd love to see that, Devin. I would hope that you become the referee or something.
Speaker 3: I would love to be a referee. I might just show up in a referee uniform and make TJ escort me offset. I feel like that might be.
Speaker 4: Not you running across the field or having to get kicked out. Yes, the heck.
Speaker 3: I honestly feel like, you know what I'm gonna talk to I'm gonna talk to the crew emer Boom, I'm gonna talk to them all and just be like, Hey, I'm gonna just I'm gonna just show up in an outfit. Final thoughts from either of you about especially because you guys haven't seen these episodes, but final thoughts so far about episode nine and ten and.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, what stood out to you or what you remember from that time.
Speaker 6: For me, it's it's so crazy to go back and watch free Agents because, like I said to you guys earlier, like this is one of the seasons. This is the first time they you know, they put us on all black jerseys. They tested out the whole Like, hey, what if we leave this up to like production discretion and we'll just switch it up on you guys every single time, so that like you, politics can't be you know, a major part of this, like or the same thing doesn't happen. We'll just switch it up on you every single time. So I think it was cool to you know, take a blastment pass and look at free agents and see that this is like, you know, the beginning the stepping stones of like where what the challenge is morph into today.
Speaker 1: So, m what about you, Nini?
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 2: I think it's better now looking at it nine ten years or removed, because I don't feel the same way about people and it can be like unbiased. But it's so crazy to see how much people have changed or not at all, right, and how the game has progressed or changed, or like how they made it different, like how total Madness was kind of the same thing of groups and pairs and whatever, but everyone had to go into elimination, so like their way of like you know, the voting and whatever else, like how they how they always manage to switch it up on us, so like we can't ever really be comfortable ever, Yeah, which makes it wonderful. Yeah, but life doesn't, you know, life doesn't put you in a in a life jacket and put you thirty feet above water with a helmet on and and and.
Speaker 4: Shoot the girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah on a grill and saran wrap, unless that's your first fridays at the Kink Club and nobody's upset about that. Yeah, no judging, no judging that. I know that there are first fridays there, but I haven't been nanny yet. But I'm sure saran rap is in someone's fantasy. And shout out to you for living out your wildest dreams.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And and just wrap it having somebody to wrap you up. And maybe someone can take something from this episode and use it in real life.
Speaker 4: I could see this being a real a race of sorts or like part of a relay race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think you know there were there are a lot of lessons in the season of Free Agents as a whole, which I think are really great and you know, from living our best life being saran wrapped to all the other things that that we had to do and sort of learning challenge ourselves. I think that's what makes it one of the greats. And speaking of the greats, for those who want to follow one of the all time greats in the name of John A And can I just shout us out a little bit?
Speaker 1: First second, I just got it. I've got one. A little bit of black girl magic here. Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, when last year they did the Untold History of the Challenge, all three of us made of all the challengers that have been on this great show. All three of us got shout outs for our contribution.
Speaker 1: So you guys are legends.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 5: Believe you.
Speaker 6: I'm like Anissa seven my girls.
Speaker 1: Love it, love love, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: We seriously actually should do It's not a vacation alliance because I'm not going back on the show to compete, but we should do like a vacation, like a stake.
Speaker 1: Not in the summer, because Johnny, it's like a.
Speaker 2: Things and drinks on a beach, right, I think be fine where we just get served.
Speaker 1: I like it. We should we should talk about that.
Speaker 3: But for those who want to talk to you, John Ay, I mean not that you have first on other dms or who just want to follow you and follow all the greatness or your cute little littles and all the.
Speaker 1: Things that are happening. Where can they find you on social media?
Speaker 6: My social media so Instagram is at Johnny mannan so Jo, n m A and me and an Island, and that's pretty much the only thing I barely use.
Speaker 4: So you're yay, I hear your sister.
Speaker 3: Well there you go. Thank you so much for joining us. This is be so fun. Yes, we know you're busy.
Speaker 4: We love you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for coming back on the podcast, and we really should, actually all of us should figure out this little.
Speaker 2: It is always lovely to have missus john A on the podcast. She is a breath of fresh air and a She's just the cutest little thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I love watching like who she was then to who she is now because there is just such growth. So I'm happy she took some time out of her busy mom schedule to chat with us about free agents.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: It really like it's this part of the challenge that when you're out of it for a while that you miss, like the conversations we'd have and things like this when not actually competing in that moment. They were always so fun and they're still so fun. So I love that we get to do that again with John A Anissa. For people who want to have conversations with you, even though you may not respond to them on social media, where can they find you?
Speaker 2: You can find me at Anissa MTV on Instagram. That's a N E E s A MTV. That's the only place I like to spend my time. When I do spend my time, I don't post a lot, but I do read my dms. So if you want to slide in there with some appropriate words, I.
Speaker 4: Will take that slide into.
Speaker 1: I feel like we and.
Speaker 2: With Devin, who hopefully will never ever have like a SoundCloud or a Spotify day where she's singing. Where can they find you on anything else?
Speaker 4: But but.
Speaker 2: I was a music makes you guys, You're great at every well not that I don't know how they let you do that.
Speaker 3: You can find me on my website that's devinsimone dot com. That's down with the y Simone with an I with her first.
Speaker 4: Single, yes called called Tone Deaf, yes.
Speaker 3: You can also find me on Instagram, said with Yspyth, and I follow me on Amazon. Some fun stuff happening there. You can just google Amazon Devin Simone. It's called Devin Simone's Gift Closets. You can also do like Amazon dot com slash Devin's moe. Just google Amazon Devin smone that's easier.
Speaker 4: But follow there.
Speaker 3: We do like live chats, live videos. Sometimes I do it with Natalie Negrotty as well, who you know from the challenge, which is fun. And then uh TikTok. Also uh still spamming with wedding content on my Instagram. So if you don't like that, tough, then mute it for a second. But yeah, it's gonna be. I'm I'm Missus Locke now, so you're gonna see a little bit of that for a while.
Speaker 4: I am Devin Lock.
Speaker 3: Devin Locke in the building.
Speaker 4: We got it on lock.
Speaker 3: Not a first place win of the challenge because I'm not that fast. But you know, got other things online and if you like this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcast, tell a friend. We're going to be doing some question and answers. I know we've been talking about that so please dm us questions you can include it and we'll try and incorporate some of those into the finale.
Speaker 4: And remember you can.
Speaker 2: Watch the Challenge free agents along with us right now for free, go to Paramount plus dot com and use code Challenge Pod to try one month free term supply.
Speaker 3: And then we will see you back here next week dunt duntu for the big episodes. We'll see you for a brand new episode of MTV's official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 4: Gas Guys, you're ridiculous. Is that Tacha?
Speaker 1: It is
Speaker 2: Us