Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning on the Second Day podcast. And some would say that texting is more of a visual thing. Yeah, except for we decided to do a whole segment about it.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: It's called textual healing.
Speaker 1: It's where you're stuck in a text conversation, you're not sure what to say next.
Speaker 3: We come in and help you solve that issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes helping, sometimes making it worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and fun fact editor Ashley said this is her favorite segment we do, so, I mean.
Speaker 1: We had to do it since your generation Alexis refuses to make phone calls.
Speaker 3: It's more out of necessity. All right, well, now you know what it is, let's get it going.
Speaker 5: In a new relationship. There's all sorts of little things that can give you the ick. So like if they part their hair the same way your dog does.
Speaker 6: Dog is right in half.
Speaker 5: If after every kiss they giggle and in a baby voice say.
Speaker 3: It again, mama, yeah, oh yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know coming back from those.
Speaker 5: That's why one of our listeners needs our help today because she's been dating this great guy and the one thing that might be giving him the ick is the awkward text exchanges that they've been having and like just this morning, she got a message she has no idea how to respond to. So we're gonna try and step in and help her out with a textual healing coming up.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 7: Text you will healing, text you will needless to say.
Speaker 5: This morning show has many many skills using our fingers, pencil tricks, tummy tickles, me and Jose, pinching our noses when we pass by Brooks lunch.
Speaker 7: We are very very good with our fingers.
Speaker 3: You can spell cauliflowers so much. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not pleasant, especially when you put it in the microwave.
Speaker 3: With spinach.
Speaker 5: But you know what, maybe our best finger skill is texting. You like to help our listeners come up to our level with this segment called textual healing, where we help somebody with their texting conversation when they don't quite know what to say. And today's honored guest who needs some tender textual healing is Dory. So let's welcome Dory to the show. How you doing tie?
Speaker 8: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're hungry? You want some lunch? I'll give you some?
Speaker 7: Yeah, say no, say no?
Speaker 8: Sound yeah?
Speaker 5: Story you reached out for us because you need help with some texting. Who are we going to be texting today?
Speaker 9: Yes, you guys, I met this guy and we've been going out three or four weeks. It's not we haven't had the exclusive talk. But in real life, I really really like him.
Speaker 3: In virtual life, do you like him too?
Speaker 8: Not so much?
Speaker 3: A no?
Speaker 9: In texting life, it's a problem. The thing is, when we're together, it's great, I have no issues. I really like him again, But when it comes to texting, we're off.
Speaker 6: Really really, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's just not I mean, I feel like there's a lot of people out there that don't know how to keep a conversation going on text.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is? Does it feel like you text him and then things just stop?
Speaker 8: I'm just not sure what it is. It's really not vibing.
Speaker 9: It's like it's so different from how we are when we're together.
Speaker 5: Like, do you have an example of like how your texting isn't meshing with each other?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Actually I do.
Speaker 9: So. One time he texted me and he said, when you come over later.
Speaker 8: The neighbor's kids have challenged us to a water fight.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's cute.
Speaker 9: That is cute, right right, that was a cute text, And so I texted back I said, oh, that sounds like fun I'm in yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: A good response, square gun emoji.
Speaker 9: And then he texted, should I wait for you to boil the water? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, he's gonna pour boiling water on the neighbor children and he's be funny.
Speaker 6: Right yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I was confused. I was like what, and then he was just like, oh, he was just joking.
Speaker 9: But that's an example I'm trying to say of why it's off in real life.
Speaker 10: I don't seem to have that confusion in real life.
Speaker 5: You get jokes on you where you could see in real life that way, there's no question this is a thing.
Speaker 6: Do you have bad text chemistry? Usually if you talk.
Speaker 3: About this a lot, they'll say is that a bad thing?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: Is it like bad for a relationship?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: To text me?
Speaker 3: Like, are you worried about it?
Speaker 2: If you're daying, you're not going to text all day anyway?
Speaker 6: That's true.
Speaker 9: I mean I am a little bit worried about it because it sets a dynamic off, like I.
Speaker 8: Don't know to go forward or what?
Speaker 7: Okay, So you.
Speaker 5: You feel like every time that you guys do a text conversation, it's like subtracting from your relationship in real life. So where are you at right now in your convo with him via text?
Speaker 9: It's still confusing to me. Like, actually, today he texted me something. That's why I'm calling you, guys. I don't know how to respond. Okay, So I sent him a text. Let me read it to you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: I said, Hey, that computer that you let me borrow? Do you know how much ram it has?
Speaker 6: Okay, it sounds like a bad pickup life.
Speaker 7: Do you let you borrow a computer? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well, he let me a computer.
Speaker 10: It was a really serious question I needed to.
Speaker 8: Know for downloading or whatever.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I was serious about it, and he responded, You guys, you said, sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 8: It was a friend of mine and he's dead.
Speaker 7: Now wow, okay, how do you read that?
Speaker 6: Very dark?
Speaker 8: I don't know what to think.
Speaker 9: I mean, I didn't respond or text back because I don't know whether to make a joke. If she was joking, you know, if it's really true, then I might say something that's insensitive to a dead man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we're responding back to this text with you right now about his friend possibly dying.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, can you just write back? Are you serious? Question?
Speaker 7: Markers sounds kind.
Speaker 5: Of cold and heart I think that no matter what happens, especially early on in a relationship, you want to keep things as light and as playful as possible. You mend so, but maybe, but he was joking about the water balloons and boiling water on top of children.
Speaker 7: His sense of humor is a little bit different.
Speaker 1: What if you're right back and you say, uh, oh is this computer cursed? No?
Speaker 6: No, no, If he's dark, you gotta go darker?
Speaker 11: Be like, how did you kill him?
Speaker 6: How did you murder your friend?
Speaker 3: That curse was dark enough?
Speaker 5: What if you said, how about we get out the Wiji board and ask him? See that's dark, dorry, What do you think? Lots of options to choose from there, none of them.
Speaker 11: Are being normal at this point, though, you have to give back with a dark song.
Speaker 5: Well, she didn't come to us for a normal response to be like, oh sorry, we need a fun, playful response.
Speaker 1: You want to say to talk to the friend to figure out the realm.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's acknowledging what he said. It's Joe looking back in a not mean way. What do you think, Torri?
Speaker 9: I do like where you're coming from, So I feel like I could say something like, well, can we have.
Speaker 8: A say once so we can find.
Speaker 7: Out Okay, I like that, but I'm gonna like it.
Speaker 3: You could use that crystal ball emoji.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, whatever, but whatever.
Speaker 7: The message will come through either way.
Speaker 5: Why don't you Why don't you type that out and send it to your your new guy friend here, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 10: It right now, you guys, Okay, you have to do it right now.
Speaker 7: That's the point.
Speaker 3: Did we get his name?
Speaker 7: We didn't ask for his name?
Speaker 3: Okay, need it?
Speaker 8: Okay, right now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't want to distract her and ruin the text laughing.
Speaker 3: Okay, she makes you so funny?
Speaker 6: Is funny?
Speaker 8: All right, I'm gonna send it. All right, let's do it and send Okay.
Speaker 6: There's no way he's like, actually, my friend does haunt me.
Speaker 1: It could come back to plan this Friday, so that works out perfectly.
Speaker 6: But this is fun enough. It's right in the middle.
Speaker 5: We've laid the groundwork for a nice, playful conversation for the rest of the way. We're gonna come back and see if he responds to that friend.
Speaker 3: Let him go. What's his name? Who are we texting?
Speaker 8: Andre?
Speaker 3: Andre?
Speaker 9: Andre?
Speaker 5: We'll see if Andre responds and we continue textual healing right after this. We're in the middle of textual healing with our listener Dory, and normally we get a lot of relationship stuff on this segment about how to text your crush the ups guy, how to text Brooks husband to get him out of the house so Roy the traveling salesman can come over, but a lot of.
Speaker 6: Excuses for that.
Speaker 3: The text with Roy is fine, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, chemistry kidding any if you're listening, there's no way.
Speaker 5: This is a little bit different though, because Dorry needs our help texting the guy that she's just started dating.
Speaker 7: All their in person can mystery is off the charts.
Speaker 5: It's just when they're on the phone texting it can get a little bit rocky and they can't tell when the other person is joking or not.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you know, I still don't fully know either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why she emailed us today because she was asking him over text about a computer that she borrowed and how much ram it has. He responded with, I don't know that computer belonged to my dead friend. So that put us at an interesting fork in the road. Do we take that seriously or assume that it.
Speaker 7: Was a joke.
Speaker 1: I mean, like Alexa said, this is why emojis were invented.
Speaker 3: He need.
Speaker 5: He joked before with a previous text, So we went down that road again and wrote back, well, maybe we should do a seance to find out. Yeah, trying to be playful, and I'm thinking, like, after we did it, I'm worried, like, did.
Speaker 7: We really do that? That's a little bit it is a little bit dangerous.
Speaker 3: We can apologize.
Speaker 5: I am interested to see if Andre has replied to it, dorry, Have you gotten any word back?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: Oh no, what did he say?
Speaker 6: Drama?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 8: He said, oh snap, do you believe in that too?
Speaker 9: We should one hundred percent emoji do a seance for our next date.
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: Oh okay.
Speaker 9: Offended, he continues, If he responds, you're gonna love him.
Speaker 8: He's a great guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what I'm worried.
Speaker 5: Now, how do you how do you read that door? Do you think he's joking back or is he being serious?
Speaker 8: Now? I think he believes in ghosts?
Speaker 3: Where do you stand? On that belief. Are you down having a seance with your new boyfriend?
Speaker 1: She's not gonna have a real does mean that it actually is the friend's laptops and the friends dead.
Speaker 6: See, I'm one hundred percent on the joking side. People joke joke around NonStop like me, never stop. That's what it says, non stop, Brooks.
Speaker 2: He just took it too are exactly he's.
Speaker 6: Not gonna stop?
Speaker 5: I don't know if he is, because if he'd sent the text without mentioning the friends specifically, then I would think it's a joke. But the fact that he's bringing up his friend might mean that that's serious.
Speaker 3: And then you're gonna meet him. I think he thinks you're gonna meet him.
Speaker 2: It should be cool.
Speaker 4: That's a step in a relationship close friends.
Speaker 7: Is it a little bit too soon to be meeting the dead friends?
Speaker 2: Don't get book for that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, now meet my great grandma. Let's find her relatives.
Speaker 10: You guys, I'm so worried now, I mean, what do I show?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, now we gotta legitimately find out if this is a joke or not.
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 3: Do we need to do that? Brook Well? What else do we do?
Speaker 1: We just keep on the road and we don't know whether we should show up on Friday night for the.
Speaker 7: Trains in motion. Don't jump in front and try to stop it.
Speaker 6: Now, could keep joking?
Speaker 3: Why do you say this? What do you say?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 3: Truth is it'd be my first seance? What should I bring to that type of date?
Speaker 6: What do I wear?
Speaker 7: Just doesn't like it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: Is being polite?
Speaker 7: She always says, totally.
Speaker 2: Want to know what you need to know?
Speaker 3: Do you bring a bottle of wine? Do you need to wear a black dress?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Where are we at?
Speaker 7: Are you actually open to a seance here?
Speaker 5: Dorri?
Speaker 7: For real? Not really, but maybe there's a way we can joke in back home.
Speaker 9: I really, I.
Speaker 8: Really like you guys response, that's true. It will be my first seance. What should I bring? I like that?
Speaker 7: Now you do it? Okay? Then just send that. Let's just send it, okay.
Speaker 8: You guys.
Speaker 10: I've texted texted it and now we'll.
Speaker 11: Totally I think be able to tell from this text because if he says we're something nice and be respectful for the dead, then you'll know he's serious.
Speaker 6: And he's like bring a bunny costume, then you.
Speaker 5: Know he's go to a pet cemetery and dig up a dead end and then we need the bones from it.
Speaker 10: Then you guys, you guys, he texted back, here we go.
Speaker 5: Okay, that was really quick for a geez. He's excited about this.
Speaker 9: He said, Oh, are you serious? That could be a deal breaker for.
Speaker 2: Me doing it or not doing it.
Speaker 3: No asking, no admitting that it's her first time.
Speaker 9: That or or me being into it is a deal breaker.
Speaker 8: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just say I was joking and just leave it at.
Speaker 2: That, and then and then he can decide what the joke was.
Speaker 5: Can we joke back and say, like, oh, thank god, because I was worried I was going to fall in love with your dead friend, or you.
Speaker 3: Were worried his friend was going to hit on you.
Speaker 5: I mean, because remember, like, our mission here is just to try and connect with andre this guy that she's.
Speaker 3: Texting, and it is off still it is.
Speaker 5: Well, we're talking too much about Andrea's possibly dead friends.
Speaker 3: I like, I like your joke. I think your joke's funny.
Speaker 7: Okay, like I do. I liked your version of it though a little bit better than mine.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I was worried that he was going to hit on me anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ghosts have a thing for me, so I was worried he was going to fall in love with me anyway. What you're showing by by doing that is that you're like a light, playful person. You don't take things too seriously. You're just trying to like have a good time with him, right.
Speaker 9: I'm not being judgmental or yeah, let's just send that.
Speaker 7: Maybe you put a laugh emoji on the end.
Speaker 1: Of just.
Speaker 6: Because it's a little Yes, it's a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last smile remind him he can use those two.
Speaker 7: Lead by example.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, so let's see I'm getting it. Okay.
Speaker 5: Do you always have this big of like like a build up every time you send a text to anybody?
Speaker 7: You have to hype yourself up for it? Maybe just good yeah, Andre.
Speaker 10: No, it's just because you know it's so new one.
Speaker 8: I really like him, and I don't want to.
Speaker 9: Okay, So all right, So okay, I've written it.
Speaker 7: Button said, there we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, you feel like you're texting with your mom right now?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: I mean I just feel like we're not like crossing the line here, We're not being offensive we're just being playful and joky and fun.
Speaker 6: We stay in the middle, which is good.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: If he writes back and is like, no seances.
Speaker 8: On he wrote that, guys, he wrote that.
Speaker 7: Oh god, god, he's really fast. What did he say he.
Speaker 10: Said to laugh emoji? Yes, okay, he said, I was just messing with you. I don't have a dead friend, thank god. But we should text more.
Speaker 8: You're funny.
Speaker 3: Text more.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we can be there for every single text conversation that you have, but you know what we'll do. We'll give you Brooks new landline. She's the only one in the entire city who has one. Now you know she's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be answered, or the kids will answer.
Speaker 5: That whole family's funny. You feel like we've held you out there, Dori. Can we leave you to it now?
Speaker 10: I think you guys an amazing job.
Speaker 9: I think going forward, our texts will dive better together.
Speaker 1: Now I think, yeah, you need to read every text from this man as a joke.
Speaker 3: On texts.
Speaker 7: Do those voice texts from now on?
Speaker 6: Amaze?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just so that you don't frustrate people with your slow texting.
Speaker 5: Okay, anyway, that's textual healing, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the morning. Well, that was one where the texting chemistry was definitely off.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean is that a no go for you in the start of a relationship, Like if you guys don't have good text chemistry.
Speaker 3: Will it work?
Speaker 11: I mean, if you can get on the same page and not a lot of times it starts that way, but yeah.
Speaker 6: You can never find it.
Speaker 11: And I don't know if you can be with somebody.
Speaker 4: In their case, I feel like the less texting the better, Like I never say phone calls are better ever, but maybe for them it's the one time or maybe they.
Speaker 3: Should just stop with words and only do emojis.
Speaker 2: Yes again, that emojis this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Emoji emojis really saying yes things, especially when people aren't very sarcastic, Like if you can't pick up sarcasm, emojis will help you train that person to understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we were laughing.
Speaker 2: I'm a big exclamation white person.
Speaker 4: Whenever I text our producer boyd To'll always reply to me with a ton of exclamation points, like mocking me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, listen.
Speaker 4: We had a few comments though someone said I like this guy.
Speaker 2: He just has dark humor.
Speaker 3: Yeah so, and you know, yeah yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Then someone else said, love this I just want to hang out with dor. I love her personality.
Speaker 2: Good job team. Finally, oh so.
Speaker 3: That was a little rude.
Speaker 2: But wait, maybe we're reading it wrong. Though you know it is a comment, there might.
Speaker 3: Be miscommunication, got it.
Speaker 1: Ye don't know how we reread that one, but we appreciate it, so, I mean, we can't really argue it either. No, so hey, if you ever have an issue, you know, we do have a submit page on our website, which is Brook Andjeffrey dot com where you can submit to be on second dates or we do prank phone calls on our main feed if you.
Speaker 3: Want that, or textual healing or an Awford Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We got you.
Speaker 3: Okay, go to.
Speaker 1: Brooknjeffrey dot com and don't forget to subscribe.
Speaker 3: Thank you,