Speaker 1: Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camille Luddington and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to our brand new podcast, Call It What It Is with Jessica Capshaw and Camilla.
Speaker 1: Luddington, Episode one. Baby, This is exciting. This is where it all starts. It's where the rubber hits the road. Let's go, you guys. We are so incredibly excited to actually be like sitting here. We've been talking about this for months and months and months, but to be sat here with the mics, talking to each other and like getting into it finally, like it's like Christmas morning for me. It is.
Speaker 2: It is, and truly the goal in all of this wild madness and love festing is to get to know you. We can't wait to get to know you. But obviously before we get to know you, before you trust us, you might want to know a little bit more about us. Yes, so here's the thing. You may know us from Grey's Anatomy, where we played doctor Arizona Robbins and doctor Josephine Wilson, and we we are not those people in real life. We are, Jessica, we know we're not. We're not more similarities, No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, definitely not. And even though if you were to run into us on the street or in the mall or anywhere else, we might look a lot like those people, we in fact were not. And so there might be some things that you'd like to get to know about us before you know, you trust us and come into the world and the friendship circle and and give us, give us your goods. So, I don't know, we should we tell them a little bit about ourselves. Yeah, get into it, let's go. Yeah, okay, great, all right, well here here, here we go. Here, here's my story. I live in New York in the New York countryside, where I come into work New York City, as well as other things that I do in New York City. But I'm originally a Midwesterner, and that is a big part of who I am, and I would say that it has been a compass for me, actually my whole life. And I come from Missouri, the show me state, and I've always you know, ah, yeah, show me, don't tell me. There was some historical there was some a year in history. Sounds a little bit like a flasher, sounds like a lawsuit, a lawsuit. Oh I was seeing like a trench coat and nothing underneath it, like that would be that would be a lawsuit. Well, that would be a lawsuit after the event perhaps. Anyways, So Midwesterner by birth and Los Angeles and then New York countryside New York City or by day. Sure. Anyways, So I live my life with my wonderful husband, Christopher Gavigan, and our incredible children.
Speaker 3: They are incredible. They are actually all incredible.
Speaker 2: I know, well they're they're good. I will I would like to keep them Luke, Eve, Poppy and Josephine. I am the oldest of ten siblings. I'm just obviously someone you should listen to, is what I.
Speaker 3: Think I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I know it's terrible.
Speaker 1: We're gonna like this is where the pot this is where the people are going to log off the podcast or right, please guys stay off.
Speaker 2: It might be a where it all? This is it. It's been a good ride, I know dress it was a good right. Can't wait to hear how you do with this.
Speaker 1: Just okay, I want to do great, everybody I do to address this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of speculation because my accent has changed over time that I am not really from England, or I'm faking this accent, or it's like some sort of I don't know what it is, but it's in the message boards people.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: We're' in and raised England. My family is still all there.
Speaker 1: I was from a little town called Wokingham and I but I have lived now half my life in the US, and I've lived kind of all over. I've lived in New York, I've lived in small towns Susquehanna, Pennsylvania. I've lived in I was in New York, Texas, Austin, Texas, and obviously Los Angeles, and so yeah, I've had I feel like I've kind of lived everywhere. And then I moved to Los Angeles and did not become an actress right away, and I started waiting tables at a place in Santa Monica, and that's where I met my husband. We bonded over absolutely hating our jobs. We were both terrible at them, and then a million years later here we are married with two kids. I have Lucas and Hayden. They're both under the age of ten, which is a really interesting time. I'm interesting also quote yes code for interesting as code for interesting is code for all the thing. Anyone that has kids under ten listening to this, you know what I'm saying. It's a situation like I've like I've just recovered from pink eye.
Speaker 3: And both eyes do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like it's there because if you're gonna get in one way and not get into it, don't the other eyes like jealous.
Speaker 3: It's like you's gotta yes, yeah, come on share the well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I also think that I need to say that I because this is gonna you guys are going to hear this. I'm a Sagittarius, and if you're a Sagittarius, you know that you are blunt and moving forward on this podcast. What I will say what it is is that we naturally do call it what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's not in annot I won't say it's an obnoxious way.
Speaker 2: It's just that we we.
Speaker 1: Want to be honest and it's hard. We don't sugarcoat it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And you know you you can't have that without trust. And so I think that you and I both trust each other so much that when we when we talk about things and we bring an issue up we we know that it will be met with you know, real like care that you care very much what happens to me, and I care very much what happens to you. And so it's great because when we get the conversations. I also think there's a part of life where I love this expression. I got it from a friend and it really makes sense to me, which is that sometimes things are sitting squarely in your blind spot and and and you really can't see them. It's not your fault, there's there's no there's nothing wrong with you. It's just that you don't you you haven't like turned your head and left over your shoulder. You definitely can't see them.
Speaker 1: Pink guy, definitely if you're a double pink guy, double.
Speaker 2: Pink, how are you going to do that?
Speaker 1: No, it's not happening.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. I've had some fucking problems and I've called Kimila and be like, damn, what am I going to do about this? Because X, Y and Z is happening? And ditto Yeah, and there will be something. She sees so clearly and explains it so well and with such care and compassion, and it's like a light bulb goes off, and again I trust, so I know she has my best interest at heart, and it makes it so much easier, It makes my problem seem so much smaller. And also again it's like nobody, oh gosh, you who wants to be alone in a bad feeling. And so when you get to reach out and talk to someone about something you're going through and they can recall an experience that was similar to yours, you just don't feel alone. And there's so much of that aloneness in the world right now, and I think a lot of people feel it, and I absolutely would love to be a part of making sure that no one feels alone in whatever ways that you can. So this is one small step towards, one small step towards making one small step towards creating an opportunity to listen in or call in or be part of sharing your stuff, whatever that stuff is. It's sort of like, come one, come all, because I think that or we think that we can handle it. Yeah we do.
Speaker 1: I mean what I love about my friendship with Jessica, and I think that you guys will hear this on the podcast too as time goes on. Is that, first off, you're Leo, which means that you're very honest, very honest and loyal. And when I call her, I don't feel any judgment ever.
Speaker 2: And I've called her with some really interesting shit.
Speaker 1: And she and I have never, ever, ever felt judged by her, and I know that together we can figure it out. And sometimes it doesn't feel that way until the end of the conversation and I get off a phone call with her, because even though she's in New York, I'm still calling her every day, it feels like, oh, okay, that release of like, Okay, she gets it, we can figure it out. She has my back, She's being honest with me. She's also not a yes person. I feel like in this city, honestly, in the world, there's just so many yes people that surround you, and you have no idea who's real, who's fake, who's gonna give it to you straight? And I really have always just loved that about you.
Speaker 2: What you just said actually is something that I think is so important about what we're hoping to do here, is that you and I, for lots of reasons that we'll go into later about our own upbringings, we are people who have gotten to this place in our life because we've been able to figure it out. And it doesn't mean that it's always been easy, and it doesn't mean that it's always been hard. But no matter what, you and I are both uniquely interested in figuring it out with optimism but genuinely like I have a lot of people in my life where like, you can't fucking do it, Like you can't do that, or this is not possible or whatever, and I'm definitely always the person that thinks, why not why can't I figure it out? Why can't why why couldn't I have my first choice? I mean, be with my second choice if that's what needs to happen, But can we get to a first choice? So I love the figuring out of it all, and I think that you do too, And I love that we we together feel that everything is figure outable and therefore can create a space where again, when you call in or you write in, you're able to you know, express that and sort of be met with you know, some team members. We're team members, we're teammates, we are teammates. We are well we want a bigger team, and that's what we want, a bigger team. We need to talk about how we met Justica we were on this very little, tiny little show, tiny little show, Gray's Anatomy, Gray's Anatomy, and you played who did you play?
Speaker 1: I played doctor Arizona Robbins, and I played doctor Josephine Wilson. And we met how many years ago? I was trying to.
Speaker 2: Do the math A long time ago. Let's just say it when I was twenty one. Yeah, no, long time, long time ago, twelve years ago.
Speaker 1: And I think that because we have such a solid friendship now, the assumption is that we have always been friends, like we must have met and it was like ran into each other and.
Speaker 2: I was like, who are you going? Yeah, and it was like we were just friends totally.
Speaker 3: Like here's my friendship, bracelet call me.
Speaker 2: It was not the case. It was not the case for us. This was not our story.
Speaker 1: No, And I feel like, if we're gonna be honest on this podcast, yes and kind of like talk about some real shit.
Speaker 2: Yep, did you like it? Let's just get into it. When I first met you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not.
Speaker 2: I know this is shocking. I did not. I did not like you.
Speaker 1: I did not not like you, which the double negative would be here, I go, let's get used to here.
Speaker 2: We go, because usually I have a wind up. She says, here we go. Okay, so we'll hold on.
Speaker 4: So what happened was that when I first met you, I maybe had just had a baby and was coming back to work, and I was feeling very insecure about pretty much everything. And I think that when you are insecure, you're sort of just not receptive to the world, or you sort of doubt everyone and everything around you, but mostly yourself. And I think that maybe that was why when I first met you, I couldn't see all of your inner glory and I was I was just focused on my own insecure feelings.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get into Okay, great, so.
Speaker 2: I'm call it. Let's call it what it is. So in calling it what it is, I might have met you very soon after a pregnancy that I had just had my second sweet baby girl, and I was back at work after truly that was not along. That was not a long maternity leave for me.
Speaker 1: So maybe like, oh, you left the hospital and you like ubered to sat, I over took the table read yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, we got this, I got this, I got this, I can do it all. And I might have shown up to set and the the people were a twitter about some beautiful new woman coming to the show. Yeah, I think we got that part. And then I figured that they could proably jump ahead and know that that was the part. And anyway, so beautiful new woman coming. I think you came in with another guy, do you remember him?
Speaker 1: I came in with a whole intern, class I only remember two of you.
Speaker 2: Okay, there weren't five of us. I think it was you and Jesse. Jessica. You were what that was, Sarah true. I could be wrong about these.
Speaker 3: Fans right now screaming at this point.
Speaker 2: That's okay, guys, guess what call call it what it is. I can be wrong and.
Speaker 3: We can still intern Classy can would in fine.
Speaker 2: You came in, beautiful young woman coming in. Everything else. I might have just had a baby. Maybe I wasn't feeling my you know, my sharpest or bestest ever. And I think that these things can happen where all of a sudden, I was looking across at this again beautiful young woman and not feeling myself, and I was like, I don't know that I'm gonna like her. I just I'm not sure I'm gonna like her.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did not know that I was just came and looking gorgeous, minding my own business. Yeah, and then it kind of I realized kind of.
Speaker 3: Quickly that you didn't like me.
Speaker 1: Because let's call it the burger truck incident of twenty twelve burger gate, burger gate. So that is really where the story shows. Let meet, that's where it should start, because listen, in my defense, Shonda Rhymes, it's common onsets to get a food truck to celebrate certain a Friday, a Friday, the two yes, yes, and there was a lovely burger truck, and I thought, oh, I should I hadn't seen I hadn't seen.
Speaker 3: A food truck yet.
Speaker 2: On set.
Speaker 1: I snapped a picture of the truck and was like, I'm going to post it on Twitter and tag Sean and say thank you for the burger truck, which is very polite. That is really nice.
Speaker 2: Someone wasn't a fan of it. What happened after you posted the picture? Yeah, so how did you know that I didn't like it? Should we just be honest?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what we're here for. Let me paint the picture for everybody. I'm sitting my own business. The picture has been posted. We're sitting in Castres and Jessa comes in and she's like picture and I was like, oh my god, it might have been fire breathing. And you were not happy because you tell.
Speaker 2: Me what the picture looked like, Camela, that you posted.
Speaker 1: Okay, the picture in your mind or the post another well, that we can find it the actual picture. Was talking about how it is my mistake a slither of Jessica Capshaw to the side.
Speaker 2: And do what was I doing in the picture?
Speaker 3: You were eating? You were eating?
Speaker 1: Was it maybe you're a lovely picture of you were maybe a burger.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: I was kind on the truck. I was going to eat that burger in one bite. Yeah I did. I probably did. I scarfed that burger in the back of a picture. That would be I think probably considered. And probably you. I know you and how you consider pictures that are posted. You highly considered that photo. You looked great in that phone.
Speaker 3: I did you even?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: First off, was I even in the picture?
Speaker 2: Am I remembering it wrong? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We might need to find this photo. Okay, fans will find this photo in two seconds. You were in it for like a slither. Okay, you were eating the burgers, as was everybody else. And I posted it and then you were like, you.
Speaker 3: Need to ask before you and.
Speaker 1: I was because I was new and terrified and this is Jessica capsuleaw and I was like okay.
Speaker 2: And then and then I.
Speaker 1: Was like, okay, she full on hates me, Like Burgergate happened, and the vibes were not good.
Speaker 2: They weren't great. I didn't hate you. I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: No, you strongly like you just liked what she didn't. Yes, you weren't a fan.
Speaker 3: And then and then we should talk about how we actually became friends.
Speaker 2: So that happened. That was a real story because that happened. And then we we didn't really have storylines together, so we just sort of existed. Yeah, and you know, all was always right in the universe then and then we have friends in common on the show yep. Yeah, and they always they always, they always did say that you really were great. I was getting it wrong because they stood up for you. Yeah. I was like, she's strategic. That's the word I have for you. She's just strategic. There's something about you.
Speaker 3: Actually told me that I was a cheeting strategic.
Speaker 2: I said it to your face.
Speaker 3: Yes, you did, I remember up front and I said, thanks. I assume that.
Speaker 2: We was a compliment. It's a compliment. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 1: As so Jessica and I. Long story short, we invited a group of people separately. We kind of like helped organize together people to go to dinner at Katsuya, a sushi rataurant in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: And at this point we got along fine. We were we were fine, we were okind and.
Speaker 1: We were the only ones that showed up. Basically everyone canceled on us, which I don't know what that says about us.
Speaker 2: And I thought, I've thought about this. I think it really was. I actually genuinely remember it being like someone had to work early the next morning and someone had a kid that was yes.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think it was also the night of our.
Speaker 1: Wrap party, which is the party that happens at the end of every season. I think we were posting before. I think it was a different party for a pre party. People couldn't anyway. Dress and I were there.
Speaker 3: We were together on a date at Katsua, just us, and then we just fell in love.
Speaker 2: We totally did. It was just the mood, the mood was right, the lighting was right, was gleaming she was, Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: And then truly that is that was our first year working together, truly.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then we really did become friends immediately. It was instant ease and total belonging. Yes, And we laughed a lot together on that is our In fact, it's actually really good that we didn't have a lot of scenes together because it would have ruined a lot of scenes together. Yeah, for sure. It's the I always think that the kind of laughter that I had with you is the kind that I had in high school with my best friend, where it really wasn't in my control to stop, like I didn't have There's it's a valve that gets turned on and I can't turn it off.
Speaker 3: And that's a problem when you're shooting.
Speaker 2: Well because yes, because they're paying you not to last, you to do your job exactly right. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes. So then we were friends yep.
Speaker 1: And then and it's been about twelve I want to say, twelve years now. Yeh, friendship, I bet I bet that booth that sounds right.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, ups and downs in all rounds and pregnancies, oh gosh, pregnancies. Then we actually did have a storyline together when you were pregnant, you say a little bit about that, just a little bit to like, you know, talk about your work, your work life balance, okay, and your mentality when.
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on, let me just talk about pregnancy as I have shop. Jessica was like, you should get pregnant Gray Nanny because it's the most supportive.
Speaker 3: Set everh blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: That is true, but Jessica made it look easy. As an actress. You want to talk about like showing up beautiful.
Speaker 1: You were like glowing okay, and I was like, oh my god, this is what pregnancy looks like as a working actress.
Speaker 3: I was like, yes, she's right, Yes, the show is extremely supportive. No, I was not glowing.
Speaker 1: I you were, though, was like a troll through my pregnancy, sweating, disgusting, and I was not the exact opposite of Johnny. I was a false advertising and we had a standalone together. I was a little delicate. Maybe just think about it, sure, yeah, stly, okay, totally, okay, Burgergate, you want to talk about it a little. I was a little delicate, So I'm delicate. After you're a baby, you're delicate.
Speaker 2: Duram.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Time, so uh yeah, So we had.
Speaker 1: A standalone together and I was pregnant bookey prison episode, the prison episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, And did I ask for an extra large throne.
Speaker 2: To sit on? Sure? Maybe I did, just to ask for her chair to be just right offset, not like where our normal cast chairs are. She would like it about twenty paces closer to the set so that she didn't have to take twenty extra steps offset. Do we have to go through everything like?
Speaker 1: It's a genuine question, and maybe the half hour lunch has really got under your skin. They did, okay, but I do think we should talk about this is how amazing our friendship feels to me and so super super special. When I was pregnant and I did have my baby, this is how amazing Jessica Capsurez as a friend. I forgot how to swaddle my first child, Hayden was a baby. They tell you when you are you know, like babies loved to be sluttled tight. No, my child was a ninja at five days old and she was getting out of that swattle and I was like, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 3: And I called Jessica, and you were I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You remember this, you were driving on the freeway and you pulled off at the exit and you're passing my house and she came over just to show me how to swaddle, and then left and you're on your way, Like that's that just says everything about who you are.
Speaker 2: As a friend. I do remember, and I do, and it was it was I genuinely felt like it was my It was my privilege, Like these things that we learn, and like what are we if we don't pass them on?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: So it's just it. I mean, it was. It was as easy as anything. Yeah, And I think that that's something.
Speaker 1: So, yes, we want to like we have been there for each other in like these huge moments, all the ups and downs.
Speaker 3: And then moments like that. Yeah, and then you have moved to the opposite coast.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I think that there was definitely a moment where you know, you have your work friends and you have this incredibly rich life and even if you are pulling up freeways to go see each other and have a moment, but you always know you have that work time together, so you count on it for connection and everything else. And then my time at Grace ended, and I think neither but both of us were so right or I at that point that I don't think either one of us was like, oh, maybe maybe it won't be the same. But I think that anyone from the outside would say they're probably going to lose content. Yeah, yeah, because you don't have that built in place to connect. And and it didn't, right, it just didn't didn't.
Speaker 1: We kept we talked just as much, and it was probably in a weird way more because we were relied on seeing each other on the show.
Speaker 3: But we didn't work together enough on the show.
Speaker 2: It's true, it's true. Yeah, So, but it just didn't. And so we and I knew exactly where you were, and I mean sometimes I remember I remember getting a phone off for me on a Friday night and super late. It was like, yeah, just I knew. There's not many people who know exactly what it is to do what you do, right, We all do different things, and I and I do, and I did, and then and then and then absolutely we would have each other at our homes and I remember you being there for the Mermaid birthday party, the Mermaid.
Speaker 3: Berth, for pop party, for Poppy Jans and Hayden's first birthday. Yes, yes, and like Easter replaced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much fun. And then and then we decided to move our family to New York and we were out asking. I didn't even as I know, I know, I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't, I know, And I remember there was a point where You're like, so, but where exactly? And I was like, you know you're gonna come, You're gonna come, come with me. Can we just talk about.
Speaker 3: Where you live?
Speaker 1: Because if you google maps where Jessica lives, you'll just see like a field on.
Speaker 5: Like one horse and then it's like her house. I think you google map, horse is like where am I?
Speaker 2: The horse was like, I love you and that's your best friend there, which is why why our time so much. I moved just outside of New York City because I have four children, and I did not think that the city life was not I think, conducive to We will get it. We'll talk about this much more later. But yes, I just I'm so invested in raising the best human beings that I possibly can, and it didn't feel like the city was going to check all the boxes. So now I'm not.
Speaker 3: So they're still here, My kids are still here.
Speaker 2: They're very young, still they're very young still. So we moved just outside New York City, and you would have thought that our friendship would change, and it didn't.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Also the thing that is important to note is that you and I early days would always talk about maybe this is why I was.
Speaker 2: I called you strategic because I saw in you what I see in myself, but I wasn't ready to like really confront it yet. Was it. Actually you gotta have a fucking plan. You gotta be strategic. What are you If you're strategic? You're not just along for the ride, Like you don't want to be in the in the passenger seat all the time. You want to be in the driver's seat. So being strategic and thinking about the future and thinking about what you want to contribute, especially when you're on a show where you know, I found jobs to be incredibly creative and I love being an actress and it's so much fun, and it's also really hard and incredibly complex on some level.
Speaker 1: And you're speaking someone else's words. You're not the driver of the car. You're you're along for the ride on some level.
Speaker 2: And so you and I early days would talk about what we wanted that was more whatever it was do we want to produce like kids or a book? To find? We want to produce something? Do you want to pitch a show? How is even when we were there is my storyline? What's what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are there ideas? Are there things like push the limits be a part of creating what you want? And so we would talk. We would talk often about that kind of stuff. And then and then we both got invited to do a like a Grays Con in Paris.
Speaker 1: In Paris, yes, and and it was an opportunity to go and you know, meet and be with fans and people who love all things Grays.
Speaker 2: And it was also there was an opportunity to tag on two days in Paris with your bestie. We basically made it a girls is what Jess is trying to get up? This is what we did. And then we had the best time, best time. And I'm a little bit like I like to be. I'm very big. I love organizing, so I so I was like, you know, I was a little more on the itinerary based part of it all. I'd be like, where are we.
Speaker 3: Stay a little more?
Speaker 2: I would just roll out of head.
Speaker 1: I was like a lemming, like I would follow Jess to wherever you know we would be going, and we were we were the tourists, and we were tourists and Paris we were tourists because sometimes we know we were going, so we had to pull out that Google Maps. Yeah, we did Google a you're going to pay us for this. We talked about you a lot, No, but we should talk about also that what we discovered, which is what you can't guess with someone is whether even if you have a great friendship, you don't know how two people are going to travel together. Because I've traveled with some girlfriends. We'll get into this in another episode, and it's not fun. It's really not fun.
Speaker 2: And you don't like to wake up at this same time. You don't want to get we are off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you're like, oh this is this is you traveling?
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, I don't know if we would be friends if we traveled, if we travel Yeah, but we travel so well together and we had a blast. And I think one of the things that like sparked this idea for the podcast too, is we had we never did interviews together, and we were on stage together and we had to fun interviews together and we just had. I mean, it was a trip, it was fantastic, and we walked away, and I think that hunger for us to like, what are we going to do together?
Speaker 2: Yes, and also that we were that we we we both love making fun of ourselves. You like making fun of me more than and you're better at it. Maybe I am of you, but we do we like we we love the humor in it, and we don't mind it. We don't mind being the better the joke. No, we don't. We actually put ourselves squarely in that seat, in that seat, yes, yeah, And that happens a lot when you're traveling. And also for anyone who knows jet lag, it is real. And I think it's probably it was probably day two or three that you get real silly, it's usually day two. But there were a couple back of the taxi rides that tears tears falling down, So we kind of like, by the way, when we were in.
Speaker 1: Paris, I should say this, it makes us some ridiculous, but justsin and I did walk into some places thinking like okay, we like, let's grab a table. You know in Los Angeles you can kind of walk in and be like, hey, can I get a table, not because of who we are.
Speaker 2: Oh, should we reenact?
Speaker 1: Just because of the show, but just like it's a little casual, right, like you can walk in and be like, hey, get in. Maybe it's a fifteen in a weight in Paris.
Speaker 2: We found out it's a little different. Should we reenact? How about we mean, how about you play the hostess?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, I think you should play the host? Oh okay, Bobby, you be me? Okakay, okay.
Speaker 2: So we were told that there was a really beautiful trass to go have a little dinner at.
Speaker 1: And as a terrorist for anyone that can terrible terrace. So we were told about the terrace, and we walked over to this hotel that it was at, and this, I mean the gentleman sold it like it was no big deal.
Speaker 2: By the way. He was like yeah, and I was your lemming. So I'm like, let's go. We're gonna we walked in with confidence.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we walked straight up to the host to stand. We had no reservation and and by the way, the restaurant was dead. There was there was no one was clear, yeah it was there was no one was in line for this place. No, no, okay. And then There was also outside of the terrace, which was never gonna say the other way. It was like a square shaped. There was then like an auxiliary area on the outside of the square where you could like sit and yeah, you could sit and you could just look into the terrace like you were.
Speaker 1: You were like an audience member for people eating in the in the terrace, which is where you wanted to be.
Speaker 3: It was sunny, it was beautiful, is outside.
Speaker 2: I was where you imagined that at any moment, Leonardo DiCaprio would be, you know, sitting there with an entourage exactly. And we wanted to casual. We wanted that vibe. We wanted that vibe for ourselves. We felt that it was organic. We felt that what happened to think it was a stretch. So we went up to the host to stand and so you're going to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Hi, I'm going to be that Jessica is actually really playing the part of the Okay, this is how Jessica talks.
Speaker 2: Hi, do you have a no?
Speaker 3: Okay? But the terrors if it's not just we're just going to be here for and it's gonna here for five it's just a tea.
Speaker 2: We were it was no, it was now and it was an end of the beginning and the end.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they let us know that that section was for hotel and it was going to be packed, jamming, and I gotta be in my bonnet.
Speaker 3: I was pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and n I mean, honestly, I shouldn't have been. I don't know who I thought I was, but I was unhappy with her answer, and then I lied, do you remember what I lied about?
Speaker 3: You said that we were staying in the hotel?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: I said I called earlier and someone said it was fine, Yes, yes, but we should have said we were staying at the hotel done like.
Speaker 2: A Well we weren't.
Speaker 1: And I knew we didn't have a key that was not gonna pass master. But I but I said that I called earlier, yeah, and that yes, and she said no.
Speaker 2: And she said no.
Speaker 3: So we sat.
Speaker 1: We ended up sitting because we're like, we're not leaving. We end up sitting in the seats that looked onto the terrace. So we were like stalkers with our cocktails looking at who would be sad?
Speaker 2: And every time someone knew came onto the terrace, yes, I would be like I don't think they're staying here.
Speaker 1: I exactly, I don't think here's the kicker you guys. And I really, honestly I love being humbled, not that I think that like we're like the coolest people in the whole world.
Speaker 2: But our waiter came over and I said, Hey, this was embarrassing. Just look me, and I'm not going to tell the whole stock. I just good.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, look me in the end, not everyone on the terrace and staying at the hotel or a wink wink, nudge nudge. And he was like, no, sometimes if there's a celebrity that.
Speaker 6: Shows up, I don't remember. He's like, they sit there and just like we're like, okay, And.
Speaker 1: We were so humbled in that moment waiting for celebrities to show up on the sidelines. Anyway, I don't even know why we had to tell this humiliating story. So basically, we've been through some shit together, including the terraces.
Speaker 2: Yes, so then we come back and we go back to our lives, and then I remember there being a case where Camilla's memory got sparked about a very funny story that happened there. She called me. I was with Christopher in the car. I answered. We talked, and by the end of it, I was laughing so so hard, so so so hard. I was crying, laughing, laughing, laughing, And we hung up and Christaph looked at me and he was like, I don't I actually don't know anyone who makes you laugh that hard, Like I don't hear that laugh often. That's a that's a real laugh.
Speaker 1: We needed diapers in Paris, like our pants like a hundred times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in public. And so then we came home and we entered our lives, and I had already been in conversations about I was really interested in the podcast and this is what they say. I was really interested in the podcast space. So I had been exploring it was exploring the podcast space.
Speaker 4: And and so.
Speaker 2: But the thing was kind of like I it was, you want to do it by yourself.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: I would have done it by myself, oh the truth. No no, no, I mean like I would have but adventure. Would you just calm down.
Speaker 1: I would have done myself. I would have done myself. I would have done it to myself.
Speaker 3: But you needed some star quality.
Speaker 1: I needed some star quality and I needed uh you shut up? Oh why I'm here, I will, I'm about to say something nice. Don't make this hard, Okay. So I thought about it, and then I just, I don't know, something else happened and you and I were talking, and you were also similarly interested in it, and I just thought our conversations are so easy and they're so organic, and I so consider myself to be I know other people would try to say they were, but I.
Speaker 2: Truly feel like one of your number one fans. I'm sure there's more than when I'm one number one fan, but I am one of your number one fans, and I love being with you. I love talking to you, and I think that the things that we.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I feel like kind of emotional right now, but we're here doing this, Okay, I continue.
Speaker 3: Continuing the compliments. What else.
Speaker 2: Tears so exactly? So I remember then, say, I remember calling Uni and being like, okay, what do I what do we need? And it was like literally like just give me a couple of sentences to go with, like what is this about? What is podcast about? And so I think I believe it was my idea to then just like write my half of you, like my my my feeling about you are story and whatever. And I truly remember probably being my car where most mothers are because we don't have offices, being in my car and staying there and writing like a paragraph.
Speaker 1: And sending it to UNI and sending it to you know, sending it to you and saying, hey, can you write something like this back? And then you know, we'll get notes on it, we'll refine in whatever.
Speaker 2: Whatever. You wrote something back that made me laugh so hard. I sent it off to Uni and I was like, okay, so well, you know I can I can change it, I can edit it whatever. She was like, no, this is it, this is perfect, this is done. And then it got sent off.
Speaker 3: And then we had the conversation about what the podcast should be.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to be honest, like I listened to a lot of podcasts and I felt like like I wanted to do something a little bit different that could include our listeners. And so we came up with the idea of call it what it is, which feels like we have our like you know, you have your inner circle of like your friendship, right, and it feels like we're going to expand it out with the podcast. And our intention is with this going forward is that we want to help help us help you, like we want to solve your problems.
Speaker 2: Solve solved, it's the only way, So we.
Speaker 1: Want to help solve your problems like we've helped solve each other's problems.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you're having an issue or when you have a problem, you feel so alone and you're pretty much convinced that you're the only person that's ever had the problem. And it's a wild thing that your mind does to you. And what I have found in friendship is that the minute you say it, and that you have a compassionate partner who cares about you and loves you and sees the best in you, you have a direct access to resolve to an answer because that person sees you in a different way than you do. And you don't feel alone anymore. And again, the world is the world can be a lonely place, and people can feel alone, but they don't need to because they can tune in to us on this podcast where we will call it what.
Speaker 3: It is exactly right.
Speaker 1: We need to let all of our new friends know where they can find us to tell us our problem. Oh yes, please please please please, Okay, where they can find us? Yeah, they're going to dm US. Well, first they're going to go to Instagram and they're going to follow us and call it what it is, right, yeah, and then they can dm us. They can slive I didn't do ida. We want you to slide into the DMS slide hard. There's something so naughty about that. Yes, writing, yeah, I but slide with details. But you know what, if you're feeling a little, you know, less naughty, you can also just email us absolutely, email us at what call it at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is there any other way to contact us, Jess? Well, I mean if you felt like just picking up the phone, Yeah, yeah, just like maybe one of those pink phones like in the promos that you see us in exactly. And what's that number?
Speaker 1: Well, the number is eight three three seven call it yeah, which also would be eight three three seven two two five five four eight exactly. I hope we can our own all lines of communication for me, our own jingle.
Speaker 2: Like a three three seven seven. It's awesome, It's a three three seven goll it. So again, you can either go the insta route, you can go the email route, you can go the calling us route, yes, or in the future you can go the live route. Yes, the answer, well we answer the phone. Yes we will, we will, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for anyone that wants to contact us and remain anonymous, you absolutely can't. We do not have to tell anybody your handle or who you are anything else. We can keep it all nice and yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah they could even if they wanted to. They could use like a voice scrambler. They could call and they could be you know.
Speaker 3: Like in scream.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow wow we.
Speaker 1: Would also, I mean, or you could get AI involved and like they sound like right Dolly partner, but they're not.
Speaker 3: Is that you?
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for joining us. This is oh my goodness. Conclusion of the first episode. I love it. How are you feeling, Jess? I feel great. I feel great. I love talking to you. I love talking about what we're hoping to do. It's exciting, it's full of possibilities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exact.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited to I'm really excited to hear from everybody. Me too.
Speaker 1: I'm also really I'm also really excitedly, I'm really excited about future guests me too.
Speaker 2: I've already had people. I've had people slide into my dms asking you know about guesting just so we're clear, very exciting people too, and they're gonna come on and by the way, they are also going to help us solve all the problems. Yeah, or at least figure out the next best step. How about we do that, Like, maybe there'll be things that we actually genuinely figure out. Maybe we'll figure out the next best step. Maybe there'll be a two parter. Who knows, we don't know. That's why the possibilities are endless.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly right.
Speaker 1: And for those of you wondering just before we go, if we will ever hear back from people whose problems we have quote unquote solved, Yes, we may get a revisit, a repeat, a repeat visitor, a repeat visitor. Yes, I mean listen, all of this is to say, this guy's the limit, exactly right. And this has been the very first episode, the very first episode, the premiere episode
Speaker 2: Of Call It What Is Bye Friends,