Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't agreed as your boy in O R E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. Put up its d J E f N together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And the most professional unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk drink.
Speaker 3: Chan Squavery Days New Year's that's it's time for drink champions. Drink up, motherfuck mother? Would it gonna be? How many sinister me? Is your boy in O R What up his dj E f N?
Speaker 1: That's Minna taiper Chrasty World Podcast drink tests the.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know if I'm gonna drink lean tonight. You know what I'm saying, because it looks like it little. I'm gonna ask for something, man at some point, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yo, my homie, I can't call him a little.
Speaker 1: Flip because he's been a man for a long time, so he's a big flip.
Speaker 3: Uh. This zero my first time meeting you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I listened to your album. The album is classic, classic floor. It's a classic.
Speaker 3: It's I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe how good y'all sound together because y'all sound so good separately, and the fact that y'all got together and y'all sound so good.
Speaker 3: So today we're gonna give y'all y'all flowers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make sure that y'all understand how much hip hop enjoys loves y'all, and we're gonna give.
Speaker 3: Y'all your motherfucking flowers off top you just now, little flip.
Speaker 1: Let's Yeah, you've been on a couple of times, but we wasn't giving up the problem. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So both of y'all, both of y'all. Man, Uh, y'all from a very rich history, right. A lot of people don't understand how rich Houston is is in history right.
Speaker 3: From the ghetto boys. So I just want to.
Speaker 1: Take it from the beginning and ask y'all how was it growing up in that that that environment in.
Speaker 3: The beginning, There you go, Ruther, pressure, the pressure was on. Okay, the pressure was on.
Speaker 1: Now describe that When you say the pressure is on, are you saying because of your your peers or from the outsiders like the New Yorkers and the Miami people.
Speaker 5: Were like really really from everybody because we were trying to feel like shoes, trying to feel their shoes. We're trying to we're trying to walk in their shoes. Okay, So when that started, we was rapping already. So it's kind of like we was better than everybody else. I think we got the big homies and it's like we're trying to get I ain't gonna say better than them, but you know, we got to at least be what they can know, be in the room. Yeah, So that's that's why, I mean, the prencire was on for at least for me.
Speaker 1: Right, So let me ask, right, whatever a person say, Houston, they say, they say Texas, they say, even Dallas sometimes they always mentioned J Prince.
Speaker 3: Is that something that y'all have to.
Speaker 6: Go through or is that something that there's a bunch of labels out of Texas though?
Speaker 1: I mean, but one of the most powerful labels though. What we talk about rap a low House, switch House, Okay, screwed up records, screwed up records, but.
Speaker 6: The most the most and going back as far as one of the original indies in hip ho It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like us from being in New York Death Cham like death Cham.
Speaker 3: We got loop records? Okay, yeah, did you go a perfect sample?
Speaker 1: Was that something that you have to deal with or it's something that never really popped up for y'all.
Speaker 7: It's just something that when you got respect and you got talent and you stand on your word, you know, you get treated as such. So the things that Jay Prince did and building for Houston and the Ghetto Boys and the different things that the foundations they laid down, they gave us the blueprint, the black print on how to be independent. It said, a black print because we're blessed. And so they showed us you could be independent. They showed us you could put your logo on your pendent. So we learned a lot about marketing and you know, showing up to the shows deep. So you know that's faan and we go always show love to them and it's never go change.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You know that that was a beautiful. It's sticking for me being a New Yorker watching the rise of Houston, right, was y'all was actually independent for sure, Like how people were saying they were independent, Texas had distribution.
Speaker 3: Houston was really out the trunk for sure. Like I always loved that's the area in Texas for sure.
Speaker 2: And I'm still out the trunk right, yeah, dumb.
Speaker 7: Drive, CDs, T shirts, merch. I still hustle like I ain't got nothing Like that's the way you keep it.
Speaker 3: Shot to that, Let's take it.
Speaker 1: Let's you can take sockey athleet.
Speaker 3: So let's let's let's.
Speaker 1: Break down that because that's something I'm always a fan of. I'm sorry, I'm a fan of Houston culture.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like Houston doesn't have to promote outside of Houston.
Speaker 7: I mean a little bit, you know, a little bit. But it's just like when you got your core fan base. Like see a lot of people, like when they try to talk about my career span, a lot of people they just started two thousand and one when I got the did Yeah, this is the way we bob. For some it was records now that allowed Steve Rifkins shout out to Steve Rifkins, so right, okay, But prior to this is the way we bob, I got diamonds in your face, I got records.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: Latroit was the first person to put me on BT. We had a record cole Leen to the Left Wow.
Speaker 3: On mixtape. Yeah, No, we really did that. We really did that.
Speaker 7: And so I got classic records with Big T in the house tonight, he got Most City done, he got we got different records that we go tour off of that are big before the mainstream.
Speaker 2: So my catalog, I have a classic catalog.
Speaker 7: Before the major Yeah that people sing word for word and zero the same way like so our career.
Speaker 3: Man, it's some real historic ship. Oh yeah, let's make some noise. From the beginning we started this ship.
Speaker 1: They were like, you better get zero, like they Yeah, you have been fan requests. Yo, Listen, your fans are very, very, very relentless. From the beginning, they thought we were dropping the ball by not having you on. So let's let's let's talk about your fan base for a second. How did you develop that.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Targeting to people who didn't have ship? Okay, talking to people didn't have a shop that I take the shot for that too, people that for real, for real, because that could motivate you because I was the people that didn't have shit. So right when I met Phlip, they was kind of like trying to press us against each other, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, it was kind of like I guess the two. I don't want to just pull everybody else up under us and say like get up here. But it kind of was like that a little bit. So when I met him, they was like, I got fifty thousand on row, I got fifty thousand on floor. Trying to make this. They was trying to make us back. They were trying to make us freestyle against each other and all that shit. So it was just I don't know, man, my uh. I didn't have nothing, so I didn't want to get on no song talking about I'm in this foreign or I'm in this dope ass high ride. I was sleeping outside, so I was doing music for the niggas who was sleeping outside, for the niggas who wanted to come inside, you know, for the niggas who was hungry, like your back growling, now you pass your stomach. So those people heard that and they and it resonated, and before I knew it, she I wouldn't pull no more, you know what I'm saying, and shout out to the road.
Speaker 3: Yes, they brought me inside all the way to the town floor.
Speaker 1: So I watched the documentary the other day about Katrina and one thing that I realized that Katrina affected you guys was most of the.
Speaker 3: People that.
Speaker 6: Was was what people they had, the refugees of New Orleans, they came to they they came today.
Speaker 3: So can y'all describe that time for me?
Speaker 1: Because all right, we had nine to eleven right New York. When New Yorkers left, New Orleans had Katrina. But Katrina went and they visited Houston. I didn't realize how much it might have affected the Houston economy. Did that help the Houston economy or did it bring it down?
Speaker 3: I felt like it helped.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's more people at the shows, and we got a lot of Louisa fans.
Speaker 3: Like even September eleven.
Speaker 7: I was supposed to be in New York on September eleven, but at the last minute I changed my mind. I was supposed to go talk to some labels, and then that happened, like when Katrina happened. The day before Katrina hit, I flew to New Orleans to do a meet and greet and I think I was in the yeah, the space. So you were in New Orleans the day the day before I flew. It was a company, a phone company called all Tail. What had gave me like fifty thousand dollars to do like two songs, and when it did a meet and greet they were saying it wasn't gonna be that bad the story, right.
Speaker 2: So as I'm flying in, I didn't really know what was going on.
Speaker 7: I'm like, why everybody at the gas stations right, and they're like why, it's the storm coming. I'm like, I'm like shit. So we're flying over. We do the meet and greed at the super Dome. At that time, I was doing business with Squad Up Shout Out the you know, squad Up Utther gut to everybody and Gut To Gut are still my family. So they came. They was like, yeah, man, we go ride this hit out, you know, And then we did the meet and greeting. I got on the jet, we flew in on the jet, flew back to Houston. The next day it hit and we couldn't get in touch with nobody. We couldn't get in touch with Gut or nobody, and they just ended up in Houston. They're like, man, we in age town and you know. So a lot of the little flipping squad of music right was made during the contrin of time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because I didn't realize. I always knew, like New Orleans and Houston is a lot of my neighbors. When I moved to Miami, a lot of my neighbors would drive to New Orleans and would drive to Houston. I'm like, who the fuck drives to Houston from Miami And I didn't realize it's only like thirteen hours away, right, But a lot of them resided during this time I'm there, and I didn't realize how close it was and how much that you guys got affected. So what's like when you when you hear different wards, what's the difference from the from the awards when you when you describe it's like fifth Ward because that's where uh uh get ghetto boys is from, right there?
Speaker 3: From fifth Ward? Well, some of them in New Orleans got awards too, Yeah, So what's.
Speaker 1: The difference from the awards in Houston and awards in New Orleans? If you can.
Speaker 7: I mean, people got their own slang in the different ways they hustle, but it's similar, you know, it's similar just people trying to get their money, you know, hustling. You know, we got third Ward, second World, fifth Ward, you know fourth Yeah, but it's different hood, same ship man. People trying to get their money and people hustling different things right, and only the strong survived.
Speaker 1: I'm taking a shot for that. God, let's go solo. A little flood flip, big flip it is. I feel like I knew you for quite some time, and I feel like the most success you got you never let the shit get to your head. That's something I admire about you, right like you always spent a solid.
Speaker 3: Dude, you know why. I don't know why.
Speaker 7: The reason is okay, when you used to attention, you don't have to go at your way to get it right. So I grew up doing talent shows. I grew up my grandmother had a beauty shop, So I grew up being around nothing but women, right like I had men, you know, father figures in my life. But I'm saying so they like me for me. So I always was just being me. I ain't never have to be.
Speaker 3: Nothing different to get attention. So when you being yourself, ship, it ain't odd.
Speaker 7: I ain't and I ain't. I don't love money, you know what I mean? I feel God money like you, I don't know, I don't know, but it's attracted to me.
Speaker 8: Love me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, it stays coming, you know, like literally, so you know, I just I just stayed me.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna never let the money to fame what I got dictate, you know, make me feel like I'm better than you because I got this, you know ship, one bad deal, it could all be gone, it can all be yeah, so I just stay humble.
Speaker 3: With this ship. But I know who I am. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so zero, let me ask you this is this is a tough motherfucking game. A lot a lot of us full, a lot of us full during this game. And what makes you stay so solid?
Speaker 3: The rent? The rent I wasn't be ready. That don't inspire you to say so. I mean.
Speaker 5: I think i'm uh, I think I'm pretty well versed in this ship. But even more than that, I got I got a lifestyle that I like to live and ship and I'm not going back to the one before this one. So you know, that's that's that's my main you know what I'm saying. Uh, And then I like I like shipping niggas. Okay, I like sh niggas. I mean, I'm just be honest, I ain't gonna I ain't gonna no deep answer. I just I know I'm dope and I want more fuckers to hear that ship.
Speaker 1: Right, goddamn makes the night. I want to do quick time of Slim and let's do it. You got it, you got it ready, Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I want to explain to the game because you play this.
Speaker 6: When you there this party, it was I don't know what time it was.
Speaker 3: I just know we were drinking and we were smoking. We had time. Let me take you.
Speaker 1: You have your own right to start your own drink Chaps.
Speaker 3: Section, you can start your own game. Drink. We give you the permission.
Speaker 1: I've been down with us from the beginning through the middle, and you are still here. So we want of one man, appreciate you, and I thank you for wearing that that Houston's Astros jersey and at homeboy.
Speaker 3: I'm board for you.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah.
Speaker 6: That was an Astros fan, thank you. This is our drinking game. We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one, we don't drink, but if you say both are neither, we're drinking. Okay, So kind of simple. And then we just want stories. Yeah, yeah, this poor give us any stories. With these people or places or whatever we bring up. It's about stories, all right, scarface a bum.
Speaker 3: Bee, take a shot. Take a shot. You can't leave the witness man. Let take a shot. Yeah, I can't. I can't pick between the two.
Speaker 7: Then they both influential in my life and learned a lot from both of them. Brothers. Proud of them. Brothers and Ship. We go keep making them proud. When they see us, they tell us how you're proud of us.
Speaker 3: We just go keep uplifting each other. You ever had a trailer burger? Yes? As good as fun, right, Yeah, I know they steroids in there.
Speaker 6: I know it.
Speaker 3: That some good cocainey. I'm just playing, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, you got to come to this time. And you know we got other food spots.
Speaker 7: You got to come to support lamp Shops Club Breakfast club is dope.
Speaker 2: You eat lamb chops.
Speaker 3: No, I don't eat. I don't eat red meat.
Speaker 7: But it's a done deal with whoever around you eat lamb shops. They got to come to the Boy, the boy best lamb shops in the world.
Speaker 3: I stemmed that I was in I was in Houston, hanging with Mexicans and Ship. Yeah like people. Yeah, I was like, I ain't I ain't even know. No, I don't even know. I went for Berard Rican and Mexican like that, like love, Like wait a minute, to fucking easy taking the shot? You know this is you know he got stand with the brown, He got the brown one side. He was given hold on what.
Speaker 9: The fucking sackey? Yeah, I try one? Okay, wait, I'm not regular. Yeah it's rice wine. So yeah, it a sneak up, don't lit It's like, hey, man, stop that you.
Speaker 7: Witness there we go? Yeah, man, you gotta take the shot. Uh, both of them legends, man, I mean they both contributed to the game. Like hell yeah, I can't go against it.
Speaker 3: Can't So Paul Wall or Mike Jones who Paul every time?
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna pick man, I'm not gonna pick got the shot, then, yeah, I'm gona I'm gonna be taking shots.
Speaker 1: I gotta, I gotta, I gotta. I gotta give Mike Jones something.
Speaker 6: We didn't have him on the show. By the way, we got you. I call him and tell him I forget what's happening. Every you take right, we took a shot.
Speaker 3: I took a shot.
Speaker 1: But every couple of times we're seeing that people that are promoting their phone numbers. Mike Jones hands down had to be the first person to ever promote the first.
Speaker 3: He is right ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel his campaign that was that was the best campaign ever.
Speaker 1: People are still biting his campaign to this day and not giving him his spots.
Speaker 3: He got the number back, now, he got the number back. He got it bad. That was genius though he was just at his time. You gotta no, but it worked for him at that time.
Speaker 7: But the no part about when you're an artist when everybody else going left and right and you decide to go straight. Yep, I funck with that over anything like so, I salute Mike Jones.
Speaker 3: Man doing this thing, man, slim thug, a little kiky. We take the boss.
Speaker 1: They take a shots at night. Man going against the stadium.
Speaker 3: Man, I love the Houston Lloyds. I love yeah, Man, what do you think of? This is like like that close to that. It is like Brooklyn Brooklyn queens do that the other day. No, queens, we always do that. But I feel like Brooklyn got us a little bit more. Leave the flip. Yeah, we need you to go home.
Speaker 6: We got to dud a ghetto boards a U g K gotta be a music ship. It could be someone that's closer you're closer with.
Speaker 3: I mean, like if we if we answer any of this ship, we can't go home. But look, I want to ask both for y'all right, we gotta drink. I'm drinking. Here we go. Hey, I'm going back to because PEPSI shit.
Speaker 1: I always tell his I don't know PMC. I don't know what people know. How real Pepsy was? Well, PEPC was probably like I don't want to say, the realist rapper I met.
Speaker 3: He was like one of the realist people I met. How was your relationship with Pemp?
Speaker 7: Pim just was always giving me game his mama resting peace to Mama West when she was on her deathbed.
Speaker 3: She wanted to talk to me before she passed away.
Speaker 7: I learned a lot about booking shows and negotiating but then standing on top of your business, you know, from the way Mama West used to book they show. So I went on tour with them. I learned a lot, Like it's an old video of us on BT with bum Be talking and me and c Note in the background and bum Be shouting me out and stuff like that. So like UGK and just the whole movement with author what we learned from this that's not technically Houston, No, it's just like a hour away. Yeah yeah, so yeah, I learned a lot from them, man, And they wasn't afraid to let you know they from Texas and pim C go, let you know we're from Texas and we coming now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like so yeah, we love it. It was.
Speaker 1: It was a famous interview where Pimp like, I'm not from the South, obviously, but well he said, man, Atlanta not even from the south.
Speaker 3: He made me checked.
Speaker 1: He made me look at the map at geographics, you know what I'm trying to say. I was like, really, Atlanta's not the South, like they time is the same the East Coast.
Speaker 3: Me up, you don't remember I remember the time zones.
Speaker 6: That wouldn't really make sense though, because Florida's in the same time though.
Speaker 1: Oh he shout it on y'all too. He was like, technically, none of y'all from the south.
Speaker 3: He did say that that.
Speaker 1: Ship was like because like just dealing with intelligence, was he right?
Speaker 3: Technically right? Said this is the East Coast. He called y'all the East Coast. I mean we were on the east coast. He was Listen, if you look at the NBA.
Speaker 1: If you look at the NBA, Atlanta is east coast in the NBA.
Speaker 3: East and West.
Speaker 4: We're on the east coast. Man, Miami is on the east. So when said that, I said, this Nigga is mass marts.
Speaker 2: Man, Yo, know that.
Speaker 3: Ship is still fucking me up. Just think about what he said. How smart was that? He said that ship.
Speaker 4: Fifteen years ago? He said that, y'all wasn't the South. We are the South, but on the east coast, southeast.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let me ask you this question.
Speaker 6: I've talkt about this a lot. Texas hell in the middle. I always felt like Texas leaned more to the west coast.
Speaker 1: No, since it's Midwest, what do you it's Midwest oldier.
Speaker 3: So when I'm here in Texas, people I mean about Texas. No, no, no, no, just to be serious, like, I'm like, yeah, it's kind of like I feel like y'all could could claim the west too if you wanted to be right. We right in the middle, right in the middle of the man yellow like we knew that Swiss swestt. I'm gonna get your.
Speaker 1: Publishing, but I'm taking that sweast or I'm gonna give you a publishing though. I'm gonna give you I'm a stumma. Your checks will come out of your money. Silver finished. But he said, no, that shit was the craziest ship because I I didn't realize the geographics.
Speaker 3: Oh you need to stop there.
Speaker 1: If you think about what he said, that ship almost twenty years ago.
Speaker 10: Right number, forty years ago? It was howeverny years ago? It's always But I didn't realize that. And he was like, Atlanta, you motherfuckers. Technically ain't even the South, He said, you, you niggas, is more than New York.
Speaker 3: And I said, did.
Speaker 1: I went to our next game in Atlanta and everybody was there it was from New York.
Speaker 3: And I said, that's what he was really probably referring to that. He is right.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry Atlanta, Atlanta. I can't go back to Atlanta. I can't go back to ship shout, go back to what's the Linux more? It's I'm gonna be food and Linux more. I guess, yeah, that's my nigga. Real that was a real one.
Speaker 1: Nigga had the third code on in Miami. You say TV ain't got no. I went the fird code nigga. Yeah, crazy, you want my story?
Speaker 3: He got a story. Oh yeah, you know. We called him and he said, this is this is.
Speaker 1: We wanted a relationship with UK and they want a relationship with UP.
Speaker 3: This is before we went to the hood. You came to my hood. What you came to my hood? This is before that. That was legendary. By the way, it's legendary. I'll get to that story too.
Speaker 1: But Pimp said, I want this amount of money for this is for Moose and May's album. He's like, I want this amount of money and I want this amount of money. And I said, all right, usual case on fire. So I came to the studio and I gave him the check.
Speaker 2: He gave him a check. Hello, he gave them the check I mean.
Speaker 3: And then he said to me. He said to me, you really you really did that? And I was like, yeah.
Speaker 1: He gave me back the check and he was like, I just wanted to see if it was a real nigga.
Speaker 2: Wow. And I took.
Speaker 3: And I took the check back and I was like, but this is not my money. So he had to take the check back.
Speaker 6: To me.
Speaker 3: Really really we traded. He did a song on my who did this comedian? Yeah, he did a hook on my record.
Speaker 7: You see it on the Underground Legend, and he did a verse when we split the last verse, and he showed up to my house like, hey, I got a record with Scott Storage.
Speaker 3: Oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 7: He was like, I gotta beat from him. I want to put you on it. I'm like, all right, I got you. But he showed up with a fifteen thousand dollars chick that.
Speaker 3: Was a check for.
Speaker 7: Bro we Trade, and I'm cool, like they're gonna spend the money on some ship anyway.
Speaker 3: So he like made me take the chick. I was like, all right, cool, that's exactly what I did.
Speaker 1: So Pimp gave me back the check and was like I just wanted to see if he was a real nigga, right, And I was like, already cleared this, So I am a real nigga.
Speaker 3: Take this, Take this motherfucking check, and me bun Pamp. We were great ever since then.
Speaker 1: That's that's the reason why that's crazy that me and you have this fucking great shoulder together because you came.
Speaker 3: With me to my hood and it was over.
Speaker 6: I came from Miami, bunch from Texas and we and we were both looking at It was a wild dance.
Speaker 3: It was a crazy and had I had to be I wasn't a rapper that day. I had to let them niggas know. And I was running around and it was I that left us with Me and boy were hanging out. You loved us. You know, when you get you get you like your guys are there represent Yeah, yeah, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, that was a wild day Bump and Bump appreciated that, and I think you appreciate.
Speaker 7: It absolutely, yes, next question, I think that's dope though, that she did it. You got experiences with the people that we got to see like all the time, you know what I mean? Like that, that's dope that you got your own memory with I knew Pemp was special, but I knew that encounter.
Speaker 3: That we had.
Speaker 1: I knew that was special, but I didn't know how special it was until after he passed.
Speaker 3: After he passed, I was like, holy ship. But you got any story that maybe or you yeah? Is zero? You two?
Speaker 5: You go first, brother, I got a lot of stories with him. Uh trying to see I don't want to say when I see it already. Okay, Yeah, So it's two thousand and five. I don't know what PEMC looked like. I don't know what Bun looked like. Wow, because I've been buying burn CDs, so I ain't know nobody looked like in rap. I just I knew, y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I got it.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I guess before J Prince signed me, I kind of was. I don't want to say I was out in the street tripping or nothing like that, but I probably was out in the street tripping, Okay.
Speaker 3: So I was. I was kind of like, uh, I was. I was sucking it up.
Speaker 5: Red boys, like, hey, I got a I got a letter from you from PIMPC, you know, Pimples, And he hadn't came home yet, So I'm like, I don't even know that. Nigga, Like, well, I got a letter from him, and he gave me the letter and he was like, read it in his voice. I ain't even know you read it, man. You got like you've ever been cussed out on a piece of paper and you got to read that ship in the man voice. It wasn't no deer, uh.
Speaker 3: It was just look at nigga, you need to sit the fuck down. Wn. It was d I n e. You need to sit the fuck down south Side. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Man and man the man read and I'm like, it ain't a real argument. So I can't tell that nigga like Nigga got me fucked up cause he wrote this ship like a week ago.
Speaker 3: I'm reading it right now.
Speaker 5: He ain't there, So I'm like, so I Nigga cuts me out before he missed me, before he met me, and uh, and then I had to act like I didn't have an attitude when I met that when you to get thrown video shoot.
Speaker 3: She walked up to the corner, and I really wanted to be like, say, man, you.
Speaker 5: Got me fucked up. That sh it was like eighteen weeks ago, so that I got talk about no, because I mean, I mean, Nigga still was pimps. And he walked up and that nigga was like, say, man, I like this blue, but I'm riding red Jack.
Speaker 3: That's how I met it. Yeah, I mean I was just wait because you had on blue Nah.
Speaker 5: He was talking about like the gang ship. Oh I was in I was in a candy blue car at the time. So he was like, yeah, man, I like the blue Man, but I'm but you know, you know, you know pimp let you know he rid and read at all times. Yeah, and he coming down, coming down man like like he always gave me game.
Speaker 7: I always gave me free versus always like I remember one time we had a show. I don't know what part of Louisiana we was in, but man, we did the show. I don't know how everybody found out where we were staying, but bro, when I tell you, it's so many like baddies and knee caps just running around. Yeah, we call the kneecaps. So when women titties are super big, we call them knee caps. So titties, you know what I'm saying. Yeah caps.
Speaker 3: Message.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it was a whole the whole town knew where we were staying. And I just remember Bun sitting in the hall like, man, Philip, man, I'm tired of this ship. I was looking at him like Nigga, I ain't gonna never get time.
Speaker 3: I stay tired of the business.
Speaker 7: It was the lifestyle, just the lifestyle people, you know, just too many people every well finding out where we're staying. Yeah, but I was like eighteen at the time. I was like, it's going dying nigga, you know.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so great times with them. Man, let's take a shot. Let's do that one.
Speaker 8: What what this?
Speaker 3: This is socking? This one's never what's the chef for? Some bitch? Come on? So I like, I like, I like how you did it this sockey style. You went down. Well, you gotta do sockey bombs. Man, what.
Speaker 6: I threw sack not sockey bomb. The next episode's coming, next one.
Speaker 3: It's socking crazy Ot the Mexican or Sauce Walker. Where the drink it? Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: You got one right here. Yeah solo, I ain't gonna lie you. You are breaking drink champs history. You got like five different drinks and five different cups, all.
Speaker 2: Kinds of cups different, just like it's a gun for every time.
Speaker 3: You feel me.
Speaker 2: You gotta just be prepared. But yeah, we we can't pick between them too, man.
Speaker 7: Like I'm probably Houston Lord t. Yeah, we proud of Mexican. Ot wrote that got a record with Mexican Ot. I just did a video with him and his artist Drodi and we fuck with South Walker. You know, I'm gonna records on this album. He got a dope record with Roe I'm so Houston, like the dope part about Houston. Man, like the mature people that grew up. We on some real good money ship. We on some you know, throw each other alley. It was behind the scenes, like you might not see us with each other every day. When we see each other, we go show love, I love Houston, loyal, we go turn up. But behind the scene, Hey, this guy want to book you Roe. Hey, here goes some money. Hey come to this time, bingo, we got you. Come on, youngster. You're like like we were helping each other make money. DJ screw put us around each other for a reason, and the smart ones recipe.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, man, yet to that.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something that might like throw off the situation a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's all good. We built for it.
Speaker 2: In New York.
Speaker 3: We have Puerto Ricans, right, Okay, Puerto Ricans for the most part.
Speaker 1: I want to say that they think they black or they I did the fire for being black.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Messicans is y'all version of Puerto Ricans, right, he's the young Messican rappers say nigga a lot, young Puerto Rican rappers. When they said nigga back then, I didn't take offense to it. But now that I'm older, I'm like, oh, I kind of like notice it. Maybe I don't take offense to it, but I notice it. Is that a problem with you, guys? Like when you when you see a young eighteen year old saying nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga, nigga and he's Mexican and technically he's not a nigga, right, maybe he has the nigga influenced. Sorry, but if that man is according the elevator with your great grandmother, your great grandmother is not going to identify with him using that that word. Is that a problem for you for you, guys? Or no, that's a deep question. I killed that answer.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 7: For me, it don't offend me. I don't live words offend me, Okay. I mean, if it was to offend me, it would have to have to be said, you know, niggir with the E R with At the same time, I still don't let words offend me me personally. You feel what I'm saying, so it don't bother me, you know what I'm saying, But the E R might bother me?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm gonna have to agree. I'm not gonna let it bother me, per se. Uh I kind of know, like if it's a young person, they gonna get they turn to uh see that that's not appropriate. It's not appropriate. It's not appropriate. But but the thing is like like how you say they might be in a nigga environment. Yeah, and I can't get mad at them because somebody else has been calling them nigga a whole lot. What you you ain't gonna call it, motherfucker a nigga list you've been getting called ship And it was probably like damn, I'm a nigga, And it's probably the norm for that person until they get to somewhere where the norm is getting fucked up for saying that ship.
Speaker 1: Because because what I'm noticing is people who are not black, they've adopted it. Yeah, they adopted it way more than black people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I at first was like I was cool with it, but I'm not no more like I'm not like I actually point that out, like I've seen the dude, I don't try.
Speaker 3: Oh, I ain't gonna cry.
Speaker 1: Take a shot.
Speaker 3: Let's take a shot. Yeah, but are you having an intervention with Boris Man? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Boris every everyone I'm having an intervention, Like what everybody who is affiliated to black people, but you're not black people, including Puerto Ricans, including Mexicans, including like that's my grandmother is not gonna understand that you're a cool Mexican. My grandmother's not gonna understand that you're a cool fucking Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: My grandmother's not gonna understand that. If we're in the.
Speaker 1: Elevator and you call EFN, what's up my nigga?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not it's not to me.
Speaker 1: That's not cool. Now I'm forty eight years old. I just had a birthday. Yeah, Camp, you know how many times you was everybody?
Speaker 3: I don't want to be everybody.
Speaker 5: I know you don't And what's fucked up? I'll tell you when you was my niggado. Okay, the Wednesday I was talking about visit.
Speaker 3: Man. That's my brothers. But no, no, no, but but it's it's real.
Speaker 1: America's divided right now.
Speaker 2: It's about it. But but the no parter, this is the thing.
Speaker 7: Even though like our great grand you know, grandmothers, and they live a certain way, times have changed. So it's on us to reprogram ourselves and not be brainwashed by what they try to tell us, oh, you can't you know, be successful if you don't go to college or you can't do this. You can't start off being a CEO. I did it, Like damn, that's the beginning of my career. I've been to CEO. That's where most artists, like they start off rapping. I'm under this guy. I'm under this guy. I started off as a CEO. That's so I always had about mentality. So it's on us to reprogram ourselves and not have to go by the old traditions because a lot of the old traditions was based on what was going on back then that time. Now, like music is uniting people, different races, is coming together different people collaborating different genres, like like this shit is a blessing, you know what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, And that info's got to get passed down too, exactly.
Speaker 3: It has to be.
Speaker 6: So we just got O's got to be OG's and keep passing his own exactly.
Speaker 7: And that's that's what we're here for. We ain't here telling the people to go do some dumb shit or go jeopardize your life for some dumb shit, like if you listen to Kings of the South too, like we really on some grown me and shit like pay your bills, watch out for fake homies, like look out for the people that's locked up and looked out for you. We really on the motherfucker talking. It's about the message, you know what I mean. A lot of people they just ramping and they ain't really telling you nothing. We got some messages in there, like we want you to make money. We want you to watch out for the snakes. We want you to take care of your kids. We want you to spend time with your kids. We want you to value life. So we we come on some righteous ship. But you know, but if you play, then you know we we got to show you the other side. But we staying Christian mingle dot I'm trying to stand that mode.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 6: You gave me the all of you because well you on Christian mingo dot com. Come on, you're married, man, I'm.
Speaker 3: On Christians.
Speaker 1: Right, but Christian all right, this is this is the King of the South ship.
Speaker 11: We ain't finished quick time, you know, let's go finish, hold hold that down after quickly straight up. Yeah all right, we read biggie a big punch. Now y'all can pick people if you want.
Speaker 3: I'm taking the shot. He just said. Bro, I fuck with both of them, recipe both of them. But yeah, I fuck with both of them.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, man, you can't zero, you can pick something, you can't lead the witness.
Speaker 3: Don't leave you. I just hate yeah, I clete the field man.
Speaker 1: Both of them legits Like if it's if you say some ship that, well it's somebody that got to get picked over.
Speaker 3: We go really picked like no, no, no, I know, I know, y'all real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, these people, they both I ain't gonna they both had some ship to the game, you.
Speaker 7: Know what, get brought in And Paul was saying some ship was wrapping past a lot of time.
Speaker 1: But if you listen to what the fun was allowed, I was, yeah, that's what I'm saying. Okay, okay, okay, I'm allowed in Columbia. So with pun and then Beyonce and bow.
Speaker 6: Wow, like it was crazy, best of my worlds and one one I love it menaced the society or boys in the hood.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. You feel about that one.
Speaker 1: See, that's some ship, that's what we might be able to pick from which we can go back home. Man, it's the society of Boys of the hood.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Say, might what you got, what you got for nigga no q two though I know both of the movies.
Speaker 3: Was the Flipped and Fluid. He made me perform at the Big Three Me too, and that is so and boys and it was the first one. Boy, I love the witness.
Speaker 6: Boys in the Hood was Yeah, yeah, absolutely was the I always say the first, the first off I would be the pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a I'm a pick.
Speaker 3: I'm ana pick boys. And if you're conflicted, yeah, like the last night, I just did a record live, so don't give funk about your bitch ass daddy niggas. Yeah, boys, and the.
Speaker 7: Record I did for crick Kriok, I mean cook. I'm about Cook only I say, we boys in the hood. Some ship you don't get shot in the back like Ricky So boys boys in the Hood.
Speaker 3: I I don't have to pick.
Speaker 7: Boys in the Hood like I did watch Boys in the Hood more than I watched Don't Be a Minutes But don't be a minute man, that.
Speaker 3: Ship don't be don't be good.
Speaker 2: But that was a comedy for.
Speaker 3: Minister to start. It was some ship in there, but Boys in the Hood, man.
Speaker 7: Was it was it was but like you need some help you but gooding with his daddy and all that, like sneaking in the girl house and all that kind of ship.
Speaker 3: Like oh yeah when he hit the wall, yeah that had no wall. Yeah, and then that that that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I gotta go with that boys ship, all right, switch the house is screwed up.
Speaker 3: You got no hate, no y'all. Yeah, that very fast. I don't know. That's shot. I'm taking a shot. You got to take. I was shouting taking a shot. Take it shut. I'm so proud of y'all making that fast. And I tried to change. See that's this man, God damn, I want to I want.
Speaker 7: One of those changes. Screwed up clip. Man, it's a lot of stuff that man, bro.
Speaker 3: I can't get one.
Speaker 1: It's you, you general, I be fifty fifth. I gotta get you freestyling and then we gotta screw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got the chopping and then we scuriously. You gotta slow down. I gotta down. I'm sure they've I'm sure they've done it to your records many times. I'm not going to screw up click chain, screwed up clip. Let me look at that. I'm not Yeah, I'm a what now, I trust you. Come on, I brought it up from a represent flip we go, Yeah, that is clean.
Speaker 4: We go.
Speaker 3: We killed that and look I started. You gotta we got to drop the little It's that's what they know me as. But I'm big flip now big clip the cattle with Google my name and all that kind of represent Let me keep it.
Speaker 1: Little but yeah, big clipping. Yes, yes, that's look look at look at me representing.
Speaker 3: That s that screwed up clip fifty generations fooled up. Click. Oh my god, and you did it right, You did it right.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, look look I'm holding it because I don't n Yeah TV.
Speaker 3: Johnny King, Johnny Kings. Just a difference, Okay, okay, yes, it's the difference. I tell us the difference.
Speaker 2: King Johnny is the guy who made all the screwed up Click.
Speaker 3: Jerry, Now is that in the gallery?
Speaker 7: He actually is in the He got Kings, he and King's Fleet market and he's in a Sharp Time.
Speaker 2: But what they changed it to what's the new name?
Speaker 7: They changed the name to Sharps Time oub But for me, it's gonna fail be Sharp Times.
Speaker 3: It's the first time he debuted to screwed up.
Speaker 7: Not no, no, I just it depends on the move. Okay, you know pre my brother cast, I'll be wearing this. This represent three faces, oh brother cast.
Speaker 3: Or he locked up, you know what I mean? So I be represented for him.
Speaker 7: Because he did some real ship for me and people that do real ship for me, even if they locked up, or even if they did, I do what I gotta do to keep their name alive.
Speaker 3: That's why you, Jimmy had some facts. What was it, Jamie?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: What were you saying?
Speaker 2: Michican O TV did a record called Jenny.
Speaker 3: But that's what That's a different journey from them what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we with we fu with TV, Johnny like, okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: She was you wrong.
Speaker 2: We ain't no hate us, bro. We on some grown men for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, fat patter, big pokey ship like a shot. Damn of course there we go. Houston is so loyal. I love how they so loyal.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 3: We ain't choosing over them, and we screwed up clicks.
Speaker 5: Ship go ahead people, both of them, all right, yeah, man, for real legends.
Speaker 3: Man, I hate both of them.
Speaker 7: Not here, man, I hate Pat didn't get to see the release of his album that's terrible, like man our coaching, Man, we got some real trends to us, like the dope part about it, bro Like just like people on the East Coast they hold you know, jay Z and ours to this this high, you know.
Speaker 3: The Northeast coast. Let's just be correct and.
Speaker 1: Straight up, like straight up, like that's how you feel about DJ Trew and Fat Pad and Pokey and Hawk and all the like we rapp with them, We don't. We don't look at ourselves like, oh yeah, we're less than like we we really did some legendary ship man and hell yeah. And to be a part of the screwed up clicking for DJ Screw to really allow us to come to his house and freestyle and showcase our talent and not be a greedy person and sign us off.
Speaker 3: HEJ Screw. He could have He could have been like, I'm signing all of y'all and he could have been a billionaire.
Speaker 6: Do you think he knew what he had like at the time, you think he knew what he had early? He might not have known how it would have been.
Speaker 3: He didn't want it. He didn't want to say I know, I wish you flipped. I think that he knew that, and I think he was that genuine he didn't want the responsibility. I can respect that.
Speaker 7: I'm us how to be famous and still live a normal life. Most people are slaves to their fame.
Speaker 3: They can't go to the.
Speaker 7: Grocery store with our people everywhere, like like, we really get to be famous, bro, and still go to the pastry store, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, so we're not slaves to our fame. So for a person like DJ screw to let us.
Speaker 3: Come in here, I think I believe that.
Speaker 7: And he won Ajusto Mixtape Award, like he had a ring. Yeah, you know, so DJ screw Man and that was it.
Speaker 3: You get a just I gottads mixed you. Yeah, I got.
Speaker 6: Screw Yeah recipes adjusto Man just did a lot for the mixtape.
Speaker 3: DJs. Yeah, hold on, come on shout this one. This one right, I'm I'm a pronow. He's swinging on you pro not taking shots. Yeah the next one, oh man.
Speaker 2: But I have.
Speaker 3: Analog or digital recording wise, obviously analog. I didn't make you to say analog.
Speaker 1: Analog fuck that. I'm sorry, it doesn't matter. Some probably I gotta take a shot right then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're saying neither I want.
Speaker 7: It don't matter because when you pro, when you are pro it, you just go get on that mic and go, you know, pause that boy.
Speaker 3: But the analog do sound better though.
Speaker 2: An I was dope. Yeah, like analog was dope like me. I don't give a fuck like.
Speaker 6: We probably wouldn't couln't survive an analog.
Speaker 7: Because I just got some dope ass plugs and some shiit to make me still sound dope.
Speaker 3: Thanks to my brothers for putting me on the type of mic and the system to get.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. So I don't give a fuck. When you're pro, you just do what you do, right.
Speaker 3: Riders of Rockefeller, All right, repeat the d MX. You got the DMX story of course, tell us.
Speaker 7: So I was label maxed with DMX. He eventually came to you know, Columbia. But I'm cool with the rough Riders too, like d n Y and all. Here City is my bro. Like if you're looking to turn it up video, I have on a three Cassidy shirt, you know what I mean. So I'm down with the rough Riders. What video was said? We were in atl We did the video for Tear It Up with Young One. He signed the artists same young Yeah, yeah, just like the bands. They be playing it to me, David Banner, Young One and d MX is on the hook. We did the video in Atlanta, Bro, and X was like, and you got something the smoke, Bro, I'm like, yeah, here you go. He was like he saw the blunt that I rode because like back then, like all of us we rolled, was like three on fires. Will take like you know, to Philly blunts and put them sidewise, sidewise, like tell him roly fat ass blunts like this, like look like real Cuban cigars on the sidewest and then we'll smoke.
Speaker 3: And it was like, you're gonna put all that weed.
Speaker 1: That one fucking blunt, Like yeah, because we're trying to really get high, like you know what I mean, we really want to go there, you know what I'm saying. And like you said, y'all down South niggas, y'all crazy man, y'all thugging be you know. But but X was just always a dope ass, a dope ass person, a real person.
Speaker 7: He reminded me a lot about DJ Screw because like Screw didn't let the fan go to his head. One thing about DM mixed, if he fuck with you, if he wants to tackle Bell, he ain't gonna be a slave to his fans, you know, like he was just like y'all texts niggas smoked them big ass blunts, but y'all, motherfucker's crazy.
Speaker 3: So recipes the DMX got more. We got a couple of relaxed ice Cube or the d o C. That's nextan too. I'm gonna take it. I'm gonna take a shot. Man E was not from the DC IS text. Yeah, that's why they kind this ship drink champ.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we ain't gonna pick damn any stories with either of them. I mean, I interviewed d o C on my podcast when I was doing the podcast. I'm gonna bring it back. I gotta bring it back. Yeah, I got it, I got we got distribution now. We ain't have this back then, but let's chop it up. You know what I'm saying. It's gonna be a new co host with me y. I'm trying to get rop, you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that so we can get some of that money like Cam and Mask. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that podcast jump jump in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, y'all seem more happier from the last time you saw from the last time I saw y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all seem more happier. So yeah, man, man, I'm sorry, keep talking like, hey, we're still here. Tho, keep it real. I love it. Get a little more gay. So what happened? He said, he's a interviewed DC and his bo.
Speaker 7: I interviewed him, and he just talked about like his experience being on the West Coast and a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 2: R Repeater three too, but he's from Dallas. He's from Dallas.
Speaker 7: Yes, three two used to be on the West Coast, and like when you saw me do that, like no fingerpriss, you get that from mister.
Speaker 1: Three too, Like yeah, all Repeater three two, So we do it. Take his name alive, no finger press and that's in Texas thing though three two used to do it all the time.
Speaker 3: You take my dad back. Three two brought some of that. He was hanging around snooping just from people. He just a fly guy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: So yeah, these DFC man him representing. You know, we hated about the car crash and him losing it a I got him.
Speaker 3: We go Allway, he said, he I got.
Speaker 6: I mean Beanie singles killing right now killing, so exactly do that right now.
Speaker 3: He's working with the as it sounds, it's right, it's work.
Speaker 7: Bennie was one of my favorite rappers. He said, he's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got a joint he got.
Speaker 6: We're doing the album with Yeah, Jada Kiss Yeah, and three Way's executive producing or something right, and he's using A he's using AI to fix the voice. So he's doing the lyrics. He's spitting it and fixing.
Speaker 3: It. Sounds like him, you know. It's one of the illest lyrics and ever like Yeah, so d C could do it.
Speaker 6: Does dl c's crew go back like y'all go back with that Field Fresh crew and like that whole vibe.
Speaker 3: We weren't in the eighties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I received I remember Fresh Cooky because that's what with the n W and the Posse table.
Speaker 1: Just stupid brod way before.
Speaker 5: That, howd on man, I got to ask something, man, So hold on Beanie like Beanie alive?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he had he lost his voice.
Speaker 2: From when he got shot, Like I think one one long.
Speaker 6: So he came on Dreams and he was already talking about as d C was. They was trying to figure out if that technology was going to help them recreate their voice. Okay, and right now, Beanie got a joint out with Jadakiss where they used it and it worked and it.
Speaker 3: It don't sound weird at all. Well you thought we was.
Speaker 5: I mean, we ain't answer no questions, So I'm kind of there. There's been a lot of and they're talking about it, like I can see if he was like packing like but like Beanie, that nigga.
Speaker 3: Up street outside, you know he he outside? Yeah, yeah, I believe. I believe if you show some flip if.
Speaker 6: I'm not mistaken, I thought he was gonna show him the joints.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken, I believe Ai.
Speaker 1: This is this is my friend right here, And he told me that AI tells people you're talking about me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right here. I see where you were pointing at No.
Speaker 1: And you you tell me that AI tells you sometimes where.
Speaker 3: Are you at? They are sucking everything up? Where's your kids?
Speaker 8: And you?
Speaker 6: And you you say certain things. I had no idea that that can do that for vocals. Yeah, I could do anything. Look hold on, I'm gonna see a I was fixing people credit. I want to fix fixing people's credit.
Speaker 3: You know, shouting, I got lead, like you know what I'm saying. He just made miss out Like, yeah, we made that ship happen. But that's my name. It's been a lost week because we love y'all. We love y'all. You We had to do some scheduleing. Man.
Speaker 7: We were supposed to come out here while bag man, but we figured it out. So I always like to shout out to people behind it.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, man makes a look this should happen.
Speaker 1: Man, this is gonna be an epic episode. Yeah, you know you got you got your shot right there. If you want to know, I'm a g okay, I'm gonna drinking him now.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna drink drink seven different glass he definitely drinking. And he's like, I know this one.
Speaker 2: Maybe this one is Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Now that's crazy. He got some ship in it.
Speaker 6: I don't know that's sprite gotten that leans, but the sprite got some ship.
Speaker 2: Man shouldn't mixed with excited prescription.
Speaker 3: That's put its prescription.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 3: Prescribed.
Speaker 8: At some point, I was just throwing it out there. Look, come on a little come you taket o. You out of control. You're about to go back to bad buddy right now.
Speaker 3: If you drink that ship.
Speaker 12: And you win, I can't even like argue back with your guy. Rick Rosse and two chains. With both of them, I got history both with both.
Speaker 3: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: When Rons drive who to Miami?
Speaker 3: What was the club?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was south it was in South.
Speaker 7: Beach, but cameo was it a mansion Opium Opium yep o PM He had his release party.
Speaker 3: Buster Rhymes was in that bitch.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Jay Z was in that bitch. He was playing that music and Definite I was able to be down here. We went to the studio. That's when he was doing business with Poe Boy. We actually did a push It to the Limit remix. I actually rapped on it. It never came out, but it didn't. Yeah, I did a damn It Man remix with Pitt Bull before he go. Wayne was on there, like but like being out here with Rick Ross and who was the other name he said to change and Chains like even though I was super cool with Ludacris, every time I linked with somebody who's in the crew, it's other people that I fuck with, you know, that's.
Speaker 3: In the crew.
Speaker 7: So I fucked with Ludacris. We'll do our music together. But me and two Chains, well he went by TI you know back when he was part of DTP correct people that if you listen to you Gotta Feel Me album. The first song on there, it's called uh Bring the Pain featuring or Repeater Static Major Kentucky with a do Luville. I put titty Boy on there, but it's me, titty Boy and Ludicrous. So like we would always fuck around with each other, so like our relationship was super dope. So when he started like really blowing up and he switched his name and reinvented hisself, like I was proud of him, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I with both of them.
Speaker 1: Are you taking a chat or we already took a shot.
Speaker 3: We took a shot. Yeah, we took it. You can take another one if you won't.
Speaker 6: Luck right now, next one, next one, Willie D Live or Joe Bunden podcast.
Speaker 3: Damn uh motherfuckers. Can't go against Willy D. I can't go against Willy D. And what are you doing this thing on the podcast? Shit too?
Speaker 2: Like like I watched vocal. You know what I'm saying. I watched both like they both bring you like skin.
Speaker 3: Like nigga, you gotta watch take but brother, though we were still if you gotta take a break, take the break. I ain't gonna lie you're going with really, I got to I'm gonna have shout out to Joe but but but I got to go home. He's doing it right now, the super legend. That's a big bro to. And what do you beat you up? I mean you don't beat a couple of people up?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Really do you got hands? I don't know that.
Speaker 7: I think he's a certified boxer. I think I don't know he's heard about boxing too. But we respect really like that's how brother.
Speaker 3: Train. The niggas train every day, you know, like every fold Nigga read these Nikes. That's that's that's a shout out to a niggas and fosby Nike. He got a song called make a Nigga read like like.
Speaker 7: Believe you know when my brother? Yeah, you know for them, man, you know it's just looking. I'm gonna take my shot.
Speaker 3: Shout out to both them, Shout out to both of them. All Odd Squad or Fifth War boys. Man, you know the shot. Well, yeah, Nigga's crazy squad. That's a cocaine section. That's that's that's who makes that ship a Manican and uh cocaine. There we go. Yeah, od squad of who for the Fifth War? Right? Yeah, he wants me. I tell you I'm a pro now, nigga. Yeah, yeah, you've been the bro. Shout out to Devin the Dude. Man, I think Devin the Dude man, we need do drink chances. Y'all ain't got that yet. No, man, I'm gonna get yours.
Speaker 2: He's a headless man to get your I got your zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep we need more text representation on drinks. They've been coming to us, but I asked for this, dudo. No, no, they've been coming. We appreciate you coming. Bro. Wait you getting me on drink champ. They'll be like they're like zero. How you like?
Speaker 8: I know?
Speaker 1: Lord?
Speaker 3: Man? No, No, we're good. Yeah, that's what we made. It ain't even a month later. We're gonna keep it going. That's manifested ship. We're gonna do one with you by yourself again. Future shots, shoot shots. We got the artists actually shout shadow because you don't like that. That was dope. Man it up boozy, Kevin Gates, God damn niggas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we definitely gonna hold it down for the South Nigga. I ain't picking man, he's a picking both niggas. I'm glad you're driving man. God nah, I mean that guy.
Speaker 3: I thought you pour it board. I was like cords Kid talking nowhere. You can't try real life. You gotta grow. I'm talking about the real life as we said both where you should go, Oh yeah, okay, cool. Ain't y'all want to try some mamauana real quick. You've been drinking everything, so you might as well try it. I'll take you. I'll take one. Give him Jamie, give him a shout off. My wanna who mamajuana is? Dominican? Is the Dominican Ali, Sir. I'm gonna be honest. Little Flip is the illest.
Speaker 6: Good drink everything, champ. I feel like if we said, listen, person, boys, got a juice.
Speaker 3: You know nothing that I'm no, I'm bigging you up.
Speaker 13: Not enough, don't get more time much it's good, it's good much. If it ain't, it's cool, sell.
Speaker 3: Drinking no more? After that?
Speaker 6: Taking in ship he has a chameleonaire.
Speaker 3: Man, I ain't gonna go against my brothers. I ain't get I got this shot. You're done. Zero zero is catching on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: What zero zero drinks right now? Hold on? Hold on? Say uh what you got? You gotta answer because I'm I'm taking both. We drank already, go home. I gotta go. Yeah, I'm taking move, So you gotta take your shot. Yeah, I trying to move to Houston. So yeah, neither one, man, I think this is gonna be Yeah, just no.
Speaker 7: Yeah, our brothers when hey, I love the I love We ain't going against We ain't going against him.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: We were in for unity, bro, we ain't in for division. Absolutely, Like really all right, rap at swave house.
Speaker 3: Damn, we got to go back home. I mean we're gonna pick rap a lot, but give us stories or something. Man, we both, but we're gonna go with. I mean, we gotta pick with. It's rap a lot.
Speaker 7: I mean like they showed us to black print to how you got to look. Look, let me tell your story. I went to fund your middle school. I went to middle school with a guy by the name of Cedric White too low scarface. Yeah, he was black. He had a record with Scarface called a Funky Little Nigga the Little Brother on scarface.
Speaker 2: Album, I think it was called The World Is Yours.
Speaker 7: So I was in middle school going to school with a guy named Tulo who actually wrapped and had music videos with Scarface. So he showed me, like, you can be attainable, you can be a kid and make some money. You dig what I'm saying. So, yeah, now it's always gonna be. We're gonna go with rapper out and we got love for swave House. We fucked with a Ball and J G. Tler, mister Mike, everybody all that. But yeah, now we gotta pick a rapper out on that. Man, what you got both of them? I can't do it, straight up.
Speaker 5: I can't do it because I'm gonna see I'm gonna see Houston's straight up and I'm gonna see Jay Prince at the boxing gym.
Speaker 3: Now for sure, got me fucked up. Shout out to both of them. Yeah, shout out to both of them. Man, Scarlo, cash money or no limit might keep the cover up. He said, don't put the cup down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with both. They both brought it to the game.
Speaker 3: Man, Like I ain't gonna work with both of them both, y'all. I worked with Pee, I did business with P. I didness.
Speaker 7: If you look at the movie Baller Blocking, I'm in the movie. It's a scene where it's like a shootout or whatever, and like ce Noe and the Body Boys, they brought me up there.
Speaker 2: I'm in the movie Baller Blocking, like in the party scene.
Speaker 7: And that was around the same time they had the Cash Money and the Rough Riders tour. So we was at a cash Money party where they brought our plaques and Bentley's and I think it was like slim Birthday and they all got like tattoos. And DMX was there, Dragon Eve like yeah, so we gotta.
Speaker 3: Go with both.
Speaker 8: And P.
Speaker 3: He spent money with me in book shows and and we learned a lot.
Speaker 7: Like Master P was the motherfucker who would drop twenty albums in one month.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, he was going crazy. Yeah No, limit was wild with the album drops.
Speaker 1: Independent, major label, independent, I love the bigger I'm gonna say independent being when a major label gets you in like more markets and gets you more exposure, marketing dollars put behind you. So it was cool for me to, you know, get the fan base and get the radio spins and get the contacts and be on TRL and the one of US six and parks, you know what I mean. But at the end of the day, the person who keeps their contexts is the person who eats forever, you know what I mean. So being able to drop when you won't and don't have to go through this system and all that. So I prefer independent over being on a major. But I got what I need to get from major.
Speaker 6: So when you was on the major, you was already thinking independent and grabbing these contacts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you knew I needed this and I was on a major label.
Speaker 7: I never operated like I was on a major label, right, Like we still pressed up our own posters.
Speaker 3: Because you had already had that history for yourself, correct, right.
Speaker 7: So we were still just moving like we wanted to move. Like it's a contact game. Like if you keep the context and you travel and you get the promoter's numbers and the artist's phone numbers.
Speaker 3: You go eat forever. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The saying is your network is your net worth. That's what they say, right, all right, I think we got the last one. Go ahead, Chigo, loyalty or respect lord, respect, damn you you drinking. You did that for drinks.
Speaker 1: I mean I did that ship for my life. Yeah, I did that for my life. Prefer I prefer both. Some people like, oh yeah, I want the law to you. That's the best answer to me.
Speaker 7: I won't go because I'm the talk mother. If I fuck with you, I'll fuck with you. I ain't go half fast fuck with you. Like if I fuck with you were.
Speaker 3: Going out a lot. You know what I mean? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do the.
Speaker 3: Half fast ship. So yeah, I need both. What about you?
Speaker 2: Both of them? Damn, that means we gotta take a shot.
Speaker 3: It's shot a clock. Hold on, that's bro.
Speaker 6: Let me ask y'all coming from the mixtape game, right, I mean I come from the mixtape game.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 6: I'm both of y'all come from the mixtape game when it was analogue, Right, This is how I feel like independent works out the trunk worked Texas to Bay Miami like the South. Really is how we we were able to like sustain ourselves make selling music. You know, how does that translate now in the digital world? Like what's the difference for y'all right now from that era with screwed mixtape? DJ screw mixtapes, So now, like how does that translate?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was more money back then, like selling hard copies or whatever, but working and staying a part of your craft and like not budgeting on your price, you know, keeping your mistique, like whatever your formula is. Like ro got his own formula what he does, what works for him. I got my own formula what works for me. So I just look at it like we have some Yin and yang shit. We don't think the same all the time, but we think the same like ninety eight percent of the time. So we just do what our fans love from other, like like the ship that his fans love from him.
Speaker 3: He does what he do and I do the same things.
Speaker 7: So it's just about not compromising who you are as a person and it's just really working.
Speaker 6: But we'll see adjust of the change or like monetary, like before you could literally sell it out the trunk. So these mixtapes, you can go platinum as a mixtape artist. That's different now because it's streaming. So how does that how what's how did you adjust to that? Like how y'all just in a market like Texas where that was big, we got a core for.
Speaker 3: All of him. Does it go to shows me now more than anything. If you go to Facebook, he got a thing called row Heads. Shout out to the row Heads. Oh that's the fans, right, that's what they. I can't call him. No, I don't like going to fans. Fans. I get that.
Speaker 7: And then I got fhlip Nation And we just feed our people. They just believe in what we do. Bro Like, we just do what we do at the pace we want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We we just.
Speaker 7: Unapologetically we be us. We don't have to change who we are. They love us for who we are. We drive when we want to drive, we move when we want to move, and they appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well worthy, well worthy, Thank you for coming through. Follows Hang to the South two is how right now? Get that?
Speaker 7: Get his album Comedy Road Through, Comedy Road to you, you know, shout out to you, Tom Bingo, shout out to up Above Entertainment. And we work and thank y'all for having us. Thank you coming through. Hey, we the drink Champs.
Speaker 3: We are here.
Speaker 7: Timothy lens Man looking out. We shoot the video to Miami. We need you in that video. We just need to answer, We just need to answer from.
Speaker 3: You already already you know what I'm saying, and my mom got you man now much love man, drink Champs.
Speaker 6: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f f N.
Speaker 3: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 6: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs, hosted by yours truly, d j e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real No.
Speaker 3: Gun i at Noriega on Twitter
Speaker 6: Mineus at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com