Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: The next thing is I like to call this rules of engagement. So you can see that I've got pictures of myself delivering you know, for different audiences. You know, you've got some of them laughing because you know, I like to think I'm funny at times, right, And there's different ways that you can engage your audience, right, So you know, you've got your games and your ice breakers. So there's different games that I like to play with my audience, you know, depending on the size. You know, you can get games where you get them to stand up and do things as you can see in like one of the images as well, you can get your audience, you know, get on with tasks and activities. Another thing that I think is so important that I'm really gonna kind of given this.
Speaker 4: A section is energy.
Speaker 3: Your energy is so important when it comes to engaging your audience.
Speaker 4: But I'll delve into that later.
Speaker 3: Videos are very important as well, because at times what videos do this is really good, but really good tip. Right, videos help to give you a break, but also gives your audience something else to look at visually that is nice for them.
Speaker 4: Naturally, you know, when you when you flick on the video, you.
Speaker 3: Almost refocus your audience because where you've been talking and talking and talking at them for so long. Naturally, as human beings, we begin to fizzle out and lose focus. So now when you're now switching the video. The video can have the message that you want to say, and it'd be really helpful. And sometimes I just find that there are messages out there where someone's already created a video that maybe can just explain the message better than I can explain the message. So definitely, definitely do not be afraid to kind of incorporate videos into your presentation. Again, pictures, so as you can see right now, as I'm presenting, I'm using pictures as a visual aid, especially as this is being delivered online, but even when I'm in person, I like to have something in the background just so that my audience have something that's kind of pleasing on the eyes.
Speaker 4: You know, It's better than staring.
Speaker 3: At a plain background and you're just there, right, It's nice to kind of give some sort of visual aid with pictures to help you know with the presentation that you're delivering.
Speaker 4: So visual representation is.
Speaker 3: Very, very very important when it comes to engaging your audience. You might be talking about a particular subject, right, and if you can throw up a picture of what you're talking about, it just helps to engage your audience. And it could be something as simple as I'm talking to you guys about lions and I throw up a picture of a lion chasing a gazelle. It could be that simple, but it just helps to connect and you know, engage my audience with the message.
Speaker 4: That I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So these are just some simple tools and tips that you can incorporate into any sort of presentation. Now we're going to get into the juicy part of things, right, and that is how to connect with your audience. I don't know if any of you have ever given a public speech, a presentation and you feel like your audience is not engaged with you, or they're disconnected, or you feel like are they even enjoying what I'm saying? Right, There's so many things that you can do as a speaker to help you connect with your audience. Then the one thing is is know your audience so you can build rapport. So I touched on this earlier. For example, once I know my demographic, once another type of audience I've got, I know exactly what I can prepare for them in terms of stories, if I'm going to tell a joke, in terms of visual aid, It's so important that you know the audience that you have in front of you. So even when you're asking questions for them, you're asking questions that your audience can relate to. Also, tell your audience something about you. People love learning about the person that is speaking to them, right. People don't like it when you know you're giving them instructions, you're telling them to do things, and they have no clue about who you are as a person.
Speaker 4: You know. Another thing you.
Speaker 3: Can do with your audience is, you know, talk about current affairs. So things that are happening in the country, things that's happening in the news right now. Feel free to bring that into your presentation. So for example, you know, when we were going through the thick of COVID naturally, I was making a lot of references to COVID to lockdown to you know, going through the pandemic at that time.
Speaker 4: Why because it was a current affair.
Speaker 3: So feel free to you know, connect with your audience with current affairs. You know, there was times when I was making jokes with my audience, like, hey man, how many of you can't get toilet roll at your local supermarket. I go to my local supermarket and order toilet roll is you know, cleared off the shelves, and people are laughing like yeay man, it's the same for me, and that's how you can almost make a current.
Speaker 5: Affair that This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Bring Le Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 4: Ernerds. What's Up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day in prison and deport it. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So sensitive, lighthearted at the same time, but connect with your audiences at the same time, because hey man, we're all going through lockdown at the same time, right then. You know, another way to connect with your audience is facts. It's figures, it's finding.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I love it when people educated me, especially as a speaker. So you know when you hear stuff like hey, seventy percent of this is this, I'm like, oh wow, okay, you're dropping some game on me right now. You give me some jams, okay, and you know you start to take note. You're looking. People love learning, right, people love learning, So feel free to drop some facts on them.
Speaker 4: Some figures some finding and again, man, stories, stories, I'm going to keep banging on about stories. Stories are just one of the most powerful ways to connect with your audience. Now I watch this, I want to say this right.
Speaker 3: Because one thing that has happened with a lot of speakers right is don't.
Speaker 4: Be a robot.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say it again, guys, don't be a robot. Oh, mister Peter says stories. So let me make sure I have a story in my presentation. Now have a story in your presentation if it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Because I've been to so many seminars and I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking to some of the top speakers in the world, you know Tony Robbins, I've been to the four day Seminars Unleashed It. I've been there when I've had speakers come in and I'm like, oh, this is what this guy's doing.
Speaker 4: Oh this is the part way.
Speaker 6: And now he's going to tell a story because now after the story, he wants to sell a product.
Speaker 4: I get it right.
Speaker 3: So what he's trying to do is connect with me emotionally. But it's manipulation because he's connected with me emotionally, so he can sell a product.
Speaker 6: That's not what I'm here to do right. When you tell a story, make sure it comes from the heart. Make sure it's authentic.
Speaker 3: So when I tell stories about my person, life and my family, I ain't setting no product to you. I'm tending it to you because I I ain't trying to hide from you. I ain't trying to be fake with you. I'm trying to keep it real with you. Right to tell stories that make sense. But don't be no salesperson. Don't don't don't don't don't, don't.
Speaker 4: Don't.
Speaker 3: Don't use stories as a form of manipulation. Because one thing we appreciate as people, we appreciate it when people keep it real with us. You know, tell me a story, not because you're trying to sell me a product. Tell me a story because you're trying to change my life. Tell me a story because you're trying to add some value to me. Right, It's so important, And watch this man. Do not underestimate the power of telling jokes.
Speaker 4: Now, hand me up. Guys. No, you do not have to be a comedian.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have to have jokes pre written, right, but don't be afraid to tell jokes. And I don't care if you work in a corporate environment. I've done many corporate talks, many very formal talks where I run joke with those people. I run joke with my orders, with these big ce ohs, these professionals, these.
Speaker 6: Millionaires out I don't care who you are. I'm gonna make you laugh. Why because it's so important. Right, we'll human at the end of the day, and that's what people need to remember. And I don't know about you, but as human beings, we love to laugh.
Speaker 3: Right, So don't think, oh, because I'm corporate, because I'm in a shirt and I'm gonna tie, and I'm in this formal environment.
Speaker 4: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Deep down, these corporate people, they love it when someone's you know, you know, confident enough to be different and be informal in their talks.
Speaker 4: So I'll always drop some joke with them. I'll go with them, give them a high five. It's like, oh, this is different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, it's different because I ain't trying to be like everybody else. Guys, I'm gonna tell you jokes, I'm gonna run game when you We're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna treat you like you're one of my friends. I'm gonna treat you like your family. Why, But I know that I've got value to add and what I'm trying to do whenever I'm delivering a talk, whenever I've got an audience in front of me, I want it to be a pleasant experience.
Speaker 4: Right. I don't look at it as a gig, whether you're playing me for it and not that this is very important. Right.
Speaker 3: When I got into motivational speaking, right, guys, I never even knew it was a career. I never knew people got paid for it. I didn't even know it was an industry. So I feel like my ignorance to speaking was one of my biggest blessings, right because I was just.
Speaker 4: Keeping it real with people.
Speaker 3: I was just giving people advice that you know, I wish I had when I was their age. I was giving people advice that I knew that I would appreciate. I've never been to a speaking camp. I ain't goal university, and you know, get a degree in speaking. Speaking is my gift, guys, Speaking is my gift. Right, So I said, you know what, I'm going to use my gift to connect with people and help people.
Speaker 4: Right, So feel free to just be yourself man.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from l Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pronog in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,