Speaker 1: Sam Darnold Aaron Rodgers, who are two guys who used to play for the Jets that are now slated to be free agents in just a couple of weeks. We're going to talk about where those two might wind up and maybe how much money they're going to make. Darnold more than Rogers for sure. Meanwhile, guys who are set to begin their professional careers at the quarterback position, Shador Sanders and Cam Ward. Our guy, Lancerline going to join us in a couple of minutes for his mock Draft one point zero to tell us where he thinks these guys might wind up and coming up in just a bit, Eric Armstead, the Jaguars defensive end and the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, set to join us to talk about what he's done off the field and on the field, and what he plans to continue to do in both places. Welcome inside with the Insiders. Adam Rank joining me the Friday pre scouting Combine edition of The Insiders. So glad to have you Rank. Like I said, we're going to have Lance Zerline in just a couple of minutes because as always, we've got a lot to get through the news never stops in the NFL, even on a Friday in February, and it happened in a few places earlier today. A matter of fact, this a short while ago, Ian Rappaport and I reported that Eagles pass rush. This guy's a young studup. You haven't seen the baldy breakdown of Nolan Smith recently. You got to go check that out. He's smiling here after the Eagles won the Super Bowl, and I don't know how because he had torn triceps. He had surgery this week. He's going to miss obviously the off season program, but the expectation is that he's going to be ready for the start of the season. So Nolan Smith impressive at the Super Bowl, in the postgame locker room and at the parade, did most of it with a torn triceps. So he is, as I put in my tweet quote super tough, super with a capital S. James Gladstone the new general manager of the Jacksonville Jaguars, coming over from the Rams, just thirty four years old. He's been a big part of the scouting process with the Rams under Lesnied, the general manager. Yes, it's close to Joey Gladstone, who is Dave Coolier's character on Full House. But that joke has been made plenty of times today, so if you final making it again, you can cut it out right, all right? That was the last one. And Brandon Staley, yes, with the San Francisco forty nine ers actor being the head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers now the defensive coordinator of the New Orleans Saints, says we reported earlier today. That was Ian Rappaport's tweet right there, So Staley once again a defensive coordinator joining Kellen Moore's staff down there in New Orleans. Okay, I mentioned Rogers, Yes, the Jets are moving on from him. They have made it clear. Rogers working out in California TMZ. He caught up with him and did a deep two question interview asking him what do you need to see in your next team? Rogers said, one, they need to want me and two no, they need to be good. That's what Rogers is looking for at this point in his career. Obviously, Rank we're talking about potential fits or maybe even does Aaron Rodgers play in the NFL this upcoming season. I think there are enough chairs left with teams needing quarterbacks. That he will what are you seeing in Rogers future?
Speaker 2: But is it the right situation? Because a couple of years ago, when Rogers went to the New York Jets, that was a team that a lot of people felt was on the cost of going to possibly the Super Bowl, that we're just a quarterback away. So when you're talking about these teams that need a quarterback, are they really set up to make a run for the Super Bowl? I would argue that a lot of them are not. And for me, I actually believe that Aaron Rodgers is in the perfect position for himself. Number One, He's in a spot where he's not going to have to go to training camp because we know he does like that. He's probably got a trip planned a Mazetlaine or something him and him and Vince Mann are going to go hang out somewhere, So he doesn't want to go to training camp, and he wants somebody to want him. I think what's going to happen is he's going to wait and he's going to see if there's going to be an opportunity with one of these teams. And it's an unfortunate business. You're not necessarily rooting for somebody to get injured, but there have been instances in the NFL where a good team has lost its quarterback. Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to go and be a backup somewhere. We can wait and possibly get into a situation where he arrives as the hero, which again is something that he loves to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a few ways for Rodgers to play this. To sign somewhere immediately and maybe with a team like you said. I know a lot of folks have connected them to Tennessee. Is Tennessee all of a sudden gonna be a Super Bowl contender? Or to wait it out like you said, maybe be the Sam Bradford. Remember that one when Teddy Bridgewater went down for the Vikings in training camp. All of a sudden they needed a quarterback they traded with the Eagles. Aaron Rodgers could be that guy. From a free agent standpoint, I like your approach on this one, Adam. Let's see if Rogers likes it as well. Meanwhile, Sam Donald, this one's gonna be a quick one. This is going to be the first free agent quarterback Domino to fall foreshore. Yes, the Vikings would like to have Sam Donald back, but it's going to be at quite the number, and they're in the position now where they want to be able to capitalize on the rookie quarterback contract with JJ McCarthy. You can't do that if you're spending forty million dollars per season plus on Sam Donald, which is what we expect. So where do you see Donald fitting in when it comes to the free agent market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to be a very difficult situation because, again, the teams are going to be available to him are not close to being competitive in the NFL. Whereas if you didn't take as much money and let's say you went out there for one more proven year deal with the Minnesota Vikings, an opportunity to once again work with koc. We do not know where JJ McCarthy is on his rehabilitation. He might still be a ways away. So if Sam Donald gets another chance to go out there, maybe prove the last season and was not a fluke to go out there and win fourteen games, perhaps he goes out there does it again on a one year prove it deal. Then he's got a lot more juice and a lot more leverage of the following year. But at the same time, he might be looking at this as a situation of like, look, my stock has never been higher. I've never been hotter than I am right now. Listen, I just starred as Hans Solo in the Star Wars franchise. I'm gonna sign on to be Indiana Jones, So I wouldn't be upset with him if he would go out there and take that money.
Speaker 1: The next thing you know, you're playing a guy psychiatrist with Parkinson's and shrinking, which is an amazing show if you haven't watched that one yet, it's the many facets of Harrison Ford that we're seeing. Sam Darnold say, don't listen to that man. Capitalize right now, Sam, He's right. The last thing he said is correct. Russell Wilson. Meanwhile, his stock has been higher in the past. Yeah, it was an interesting season in Pittsburgh, a lot of ups and downs. In the middle of the season looked like, Wow, this guy's setting him up for himself, up for a long term deal. Not quite the case right now, and the Steelers looking at him and Justin Field saying, well, we'll bring back one or the other, but not both. So what do you see from Russell Wilson and the only other team he met with last often I believe it was the only other team was the Giants. They need a quarterback, so potentially they're still in play. What do you see for Wilson, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Think there's an opportunity. I think he should take a trip to Las Vegas. Maybe he's strolling across the lobby of the Wind he sees his ex Pete Carroll. Hey, you know what, the sparks fly again. Maybe they go to Tao, have a little dinner, then all of a sudden, next thing, you know, back together. Let's make it happen. I would love to see Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll back together once again. Listen, Marshawn Lynch was there at the introductory press conference for Pete Carroll. I don't think it's atlandish to think that Russell Wilson could end up being there. It depends on what the Raiders do at the quarterback position. I know Lance is going to come on here in a couple of minutes and talk about whether the Raiders will be drafting a quarterback or not. But as a bridge quarterback in Las Vegas, I think Russell Wilson makes a lot of spends a lot of sense, especially with the milliere he has with Pete Carroll.
Speaker 1: I'm expecting new general manager John Spytech and head coach Pete Carroll to throw multiple missiles there at the quarterback position to try to land one, basically, whether it's a free agency or the draft or trading for one. So Russell Wilson is a guy that maybe could fit in that formula. We shall see Russell Wilson looking for a team that needs help with the quarterback position. Teams with that need help with the quarterback position, looking at free agents like Russell Wilson, but also toward the draft. Our guy Lance Zer lines mock Draft one point zero here has the Titans starting the run on quarterbacks right there with the number one pick. It's very interesting across the mock draft world. Who thinks the Titans go quarterback? Who thinks they go position player? Who thinks they trade out? Lance is here with us to discuss the whole deal. So let's start right there. Number one, Lance cam Ward being pretty much the consensus pick for the first quarterback off the board. The question is where he goes? You think it's to Tennessee at one?
Speaker 3: I think it really could be It really comes down to the internal discussions. You know, Mike, how this goes late in the process, or really in the middle of this process is when you start having the ebbs and flows of the discussion about what position you're going, who.
Speaker 4: You like, and a lot of things can change after a combine.
Speaker 3: So I'm really interested to see how cam Ward performs at the combine. But maybe more importantly, you know the buzz from NFL teams about his interviews.
Speaker 4: I've heard that he is going to interview.
Speaker 3: Well, I think his personality is going to play well in those in those meeting rooms, and so I think there is still a chance that the Tennessee Titans or another team could still have a quarterback potentially targeted with that first pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you've got the Raiders at number six going with Youador Sanders, with some teams in between, whether we'll get to in a second, but your door Sanders at six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, Okay, Look, when you look at cam Woard, cam Ward's the.
Speaker 4: Guy that has all the physical attributes.
Speaker 3: He's got the arm, talent, he's got mobility, he's got size. When you look at Shador, it's a little different because Shador Sanders is intriguing because he is a game manager on the next.
Speaker 4: Level, not in college.
Speaker 3: In college, he fancies himself as a playmaker, as every quarterback does. But when you look at his strengths and weaknesses, he's got poise, He's got great confidence in the pocket.
Speaker 4: I think that just comes from the.
Speaker 3: Bloodlines, frankly, and then when you watch his accuracy, it's really really good. And we start talking about poise and accuracy and confidence, those are the elements that we really like from an intangible standpoint, And that's why I think Shador Sanders is going to make for a great game manager. I don't use that phrase, you know, in a derogatory sense. I think it's really I think it's what most quarterbacks should aspire to.
Speaker 4: Not everyone can be Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: And Shador Sanders has a chance to be a good game manager, which would mean a good starter.
Speaker 1: So we got Browns of two, we got Giants at three, we got the Jets. Also in the amongst the teams that do need some quarterback help, you've got them going non quarterback take us through the thought process in all three of those teams.
Speaker 3: So look, I just don't think that the Browns are going to do it. I think when you look at Andrew Brown, you look at the general manager. He is analytics driven. I know they need a quarterback, but you don't force an issue unless you love quarterback, and I think the Browns just won't love a quarterback enough to take a quarterback in that spot. When you look at the Giants, you know, I still think the Giants could be in play for Matthew Stafford. That's kind of popped up here recently. So let's see what the Giants have up their sleeves before draft day if nothing happens. And of course I think quarterback is potentially on the board for them as well.
Speaker 4: And the Jets.
Speaker 5: You know, the.
Speaker 3: Jets could look at quarterback, but I think it's a huge reach once you get past your doors Sanders, if he's off the board, you're really reaching in the first round. And sometimes the quarterback of the future is just not in the draft, so you don't force it. You wait until you know, you roll the dice and wait until the next year. That's all you can do.
Speaker 1: The Giants, the Jets, excuse me, just getting started. So they have the luxury the general manager and the head coach of time. The Browns and Giants maybe not so much, so they may have to think longer and harder about the quarterback position. You're also going to see the Browns and or the Giants maybe both will do something when it comes to free agency or via trade to add a quarterback before the draft, which could allow them the flexibility to do what you're seeing them doing in your mock draft. Okay, overall, in the first round, what's going to be the surprise group position group of the first round?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's going to be defensive line, and we can start with the edge. I mean, the defensive ends, the edge players, and defensive tackles are going to be the stars. And let's look at the edge players right here, Abdell Carter, Michael Williams, Mike Green, Nick Skurtin, Schamar Stewart, James Pierce. Those are guys in my mock draft. But you know, you could have some other guys popping there. It depends on what you think of Jalen Walker from Georgia. Is he a linebacker?
Speaker 4: Is he an edge player? Doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a loaded edge class from rounds one all the way through round four. But I think the same thing can be said about defensive tackle. So if you're looking for a guy to rush the passer, and we know it's a copycat league, everyone wants to do what the Eagles have done.
Speaker 4: That means get rush, whether it's on the inside or the outside. This is going to be a draft for you. May not be a great draft.
Speaker 3: If you need quarterback, but if you need somebody to go hunt quarterbacks, I got some guys for you rounds one through four, and a lot of the stars are going to be in around one, where I think we could see eleven to twelve defensive lineman going to first round.
Speaker 1: I should note the Abdel Carter selection to the Cleveland Browns at number two could potentially provide them the flexibility to trade away Miles Garrett, although they have still indicated privately that they don't want to do that and they believe that Miles Garrett in the end will return to Cleveland. But again, if this should happen this way, perhaps it provides that flexibility moving forward. Lanceerline his mock Draft one point zero. Go check it out at NFL dot com. Dig into all that lanch coming back in a little bit here on the Insiders, and this guy will be joining the Insiders next. Eric Armstead, the NFL's Walter Peyton Man of the Year, is going to talk about that what he's doing off the field and what he's doing on the field in Jacksonville. That's up next on the Insiders. This was the moment Eric Armstead won the most prestigious award, hand it out at NFL Owners the NFL pay NFL Walter Peyton Man of the Year for twenty twenty five. Congratulations to Eric, and I'm going to tell him that to his face right now because he's joining us. Eric Armstead from the Jacksonville Jaguars joining us right now. Congratulations once again on that award. Talk to us about the impact that that award has had on you since you won it. Their Super Bowl week in NFL Owners.
Speaker 5: Definitely a great experience.
Speaker 6: Really, the whole week was amazing, and being a nominee for the past, you know, five years was a great experience.
Speaker 5: But you know, finally winning the award.
Speaker 6: And having a chance to see how prestigious it is, and you know, meet so many people and feel the support and of love from you know, not only the football community, but you know, all the communities that I'm connected to in my hometown of Sacramento, Jacksonville in the Bay Area, everyone that supports me. But the most amazing thing about it, I feel is the opportunity I have to use the platform to serve more use and more families at an even higher level.
Speaker 5: And it's going to open up doors to be able to do that.
Speaker 6: It's going to allow us to reach more people and get young people the resources that they need. And that's what I'm most excited about, is what I'll be able to do with the platform in the future.
Speaker 5: And the doors that will open. So definitely was a.
Speaker 6: Huge honor and I'm very excited to, you know, represent so many people who you know, have poured so much into me to get me to this point and by no means have did anything on my own. And you know, we're as an organization, the arm second different project. We're very excited to serve serve our families at.
Speaker 5: An even higher levels. So it was it was an amazing we.
Speaker 2: Eric, and you know, we had an opportunity to talk before the show started here and I really got a great sense of you that you appreciate sport, you appreciate history. Now Obviously you're not you're not old enough to have ever seen Walter Payton play. But what does it mean to be a part of that legacy of one of the greatest players of all time.
Speaker 6: It's huge didn't get a chance to see Walthor Peyton played. You know, of course I've heard about him my whole life and heard a lot about what he did on the field, But being a part of this award, you know, for the last five years, I've had the opportunity to learn.
Speaker 5: More about him as a person.
Speaker 6: And all the things that he's not off the field, and how he was such a light in his community and you know, had a huge positive impact on everyone that was around him.
Speaker 5: And have an opportunity to meet his family.
Speaker 6: You see how special that family is, and you know that started with Walter and they're continuing to carry his legacy. And now being a part of this fraternity of winners, you know we're able to you know, continue that legacy and pass the torch and continue to inspire one another to do what's really the most important thing that we have opportunity to do, which is bless other people and use our platform for good. And you know, being a part of such an elite group of guys throughout the years that have done that is inspiring and inspires.
Speaker 5: Me to do to do more.
Speaker 6: Really, you know, these are guys that I looked up to at a young age that I've won this award and they inspired me both on and off the field.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited to continue that legacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talked about doing more. You know, some might say, oh, this is an accomplishment. This is sort of the end game of all the work. I can gather that you and your wife, doctor Mindy Armstead, are looking at this as a springboard for the Armsteed Academic Project to do even more. What's in the future for you and your foundation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we have a lot in our future that I'm excited about.
Speaker 5: We focus on literacy. I think everyone saw that, you know in the video.
Speaker 6: At NFL Honors, literacy is one of our focuses, but also we focus on STEM education and.
Speaker 5: Career in college exploration with our youth.
Speaker 6: We do teacher siation events, so we're honoring our teachers throughout the year and make sure they're not getting burned out and they're getting shown that the respect that they deserve as the most important members and they have the most important job in our society, so we're honored to serve our teachers as well. And we have something coming up real big with Sex State University in a few weeks that we're going to be very excited to share with a lot of people as well.
Speaker 5: So we'll continue to grow.
Speaker 6: Year on end, and you know, like I said, excited to continue to impact thousands of thousands of people and it just doesn't stop. You know, I was really blessed and fortunate to have opportunity to come to Jacksonville, and now our reach is kind of nationwide. You know, we're serving youth in Jacksonville, we're serving youth and Sacramento where I'm from, and continue to serve them in the Bay Area. And you know, we have other initiatives that I'm excited to that I.
Speaker 5: Think are replicable all over our country and our nation.
Speaker 6: So I'm excited to bring those to the forefront of people's minds.
Speaker 2: You know, Eric, I love talking to you, and again going back to the conversation that we had before the show, you're a big Sacramento guy. You said you're from Sacramento. My eyes lit up, you know, because I remember Lakers King's rivalry. They ringing the cow bells and all that stuff. Great part of sports tradition. Now you're down in Jacksonville. Jacksonville also has a great tradition and they go out there and the fans just love the chance. And yet you guys hired a new coach, and I got to be honest with you, Well, let's just take a look at uh. Let Liam Cohen introductory press.
Speaker 4: Coming Jacksonville the community, duv.
Speaker 2: I love, I love Liam, but we got to work on that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, I've been telling people, you know, we get good, we you know, going to run win some playoff games. That's going to be the new due ball. So it's all it's all funny games right now. But you know, we get good and we get things turned around, which I feel like we will, especially with the players that we have in the building and this new regime. You know that that might become something that people start saying for real. So but no, it's having an opportunity to meet him. You know, he's a he's a young guy who you know, I'm sure he just you know, took it and rolled with the punch.
Speaker 5: Definitely was you know, hilarious.
Speaker 6: A lot of people had a lot of fun with it, but you know, it went viral and that could be the new dow Ball.
Speaker 5: You never know.
Speaker 1: Uh, talk to us about your defensive coordinator, Anthony Campanelli. I don't know what kind of interactions you've had with him so far, Jersey guy, as the resident Jersey got here, I've got to make a point of owning that. But yeah, Jersey tough, what have you seen so far?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 6: Every guy from Jersey that I know, and you know that they're from Jersey, So that's good. You guys have to be where you're from. I'm proud to be where I'm from as well. How to how to a couple of conversations with them? And you know, I know a lot of coaches that coach with him as well, and I heard a lot of great things about him, that he brings intensity.
Speaker 5: That we need and that fire.
Speaker 6: And you know, I always always believe it starts with the human element, you know, with coaches and players of us coming together and you know, really liking each other and like you know, working together and like you know, playing alongside of my other teammates, but also like being coached by who is coaching us, and so you know, I think those things talked.
Speaker 5: To a whole bunch of other guys had a lot of great.
Speaker 6: Things to say about him as well too, So I'm really excited to play him, and I know he's going to bring that fire that we need.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Eric Armstead continuing to do great work on the field and off the field. We're looking forward to more of that from you in twenty twenty five. Best of luck to you. You've got an open invite to join us here on The Insider whenever you'd like. Appreciate man, appreciate you guys.
Speaker 5: Thanks Arch, Yeah, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: The NFL Scouting Combine is almost upon us, the NFL Network and NFL Plus. We'll have your coverage February twenty seventh to March second, all the drills, all the commentary from Rich Eyes and Daniel Jeremiah and our team of analysts and reporters. The Insider is going to be there, by the way, even before that. We're starting on Monday, so tune in for The Insiders Alive from Indianapolis. We'll have some visits with head coaches and general managers, as well as all the updates on all the latest news developing in Indianapolis. We know what happens there. A lot of things happen there. Lances are line back with us, including players starting to make their name. Basically entrenched in the minds of these evaluators as they get closer to the draft. What they see on tape is confirmed by what happens in the drills and in Indianapolis for a lot of guys. So take us through your players. Were getting close people. You gotta know who these people are. Take us to your players to watch here at the scouting.
Speaker 4: Combine's take you to school with the freak daddies. These are the freak daddies.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to start off with one of the freakiest guys of the combine is going to be nick Emon Worried. Nick Emon Worry from South Carolina, six foot three, two d and thirty seven pounds of twisted steel and combine appeal. Look for him to jump over forty inches in a vertical. He's going to go over eleven feet and broad jump. Those two numbers are spectacular. He's expected to run in a low four to four range, or maybe even into the four threes. At this size. It's incredible and I'll tell you something. We saw what happened with Kyle Hamilton and the excitement that he's generated in the NFL since he was drafted. I think Iman Worry could be the same type of build up talent where he gets really hot after the combine. He's great on the back end. He's a player with great instincts, five star wide receiver type ball skills, and it's just a matter of him learning to really crank the motor up play in and play out. But man, he's got all the talent and all the traits you could possibly hope for, and the combine is gonna it's gonna be his place to shine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Calton at six y four, I believe. So he got a man Worri at six three, although the official measurements also a big part of the combine going to come through. We're going with a defensive tackle from Michigan, but not the one that most people have been talking about earlier in the draft. Who you got here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, look, Mason Graham's going to test well, But Kenneth Grant's.
Speaker 4: Going to be the star of the combine, I think.
Speaker 3: And when I talk to people over at Michigan, they think Kenneth Grant has a chance to potentially have a higher ceiling than Mason Graham. And one of the reasons is because the freaky traits. This is what the combine's about, unleashing the size, the length, the movement skills.
Speaker 4: He ran a sub five forty.
Speaker 3: At three hundred and sixty pounds when he first came into Michigan and he has only gotten faster, he's gotten in better shape, and he's extremely explosive. Now his best football is not at Michigan. It's going to be in the future. He's not where he needs to be. But the combine is where teams click that projection box and they say, all those traits push them up the board.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Love it. So keeping an eye on Grant as well as Graham out of Michigan. The two g's out of Michigan. I like it. We got multiple positions that we're working here. Let's go to the linebacker position.
Speaker 3: Linebacker Jiad Campbell from And it's weird because this is a guy from Alabama who when we talk about different positions, you like different position groups. I'm not even sure what his position's going to be. He's listed as a linebacker, but he's going to run in a four to four range. That's going to get everyone excited. He's going to jump high, he's going to test well. He's going to look great. But when you watch him on tape, he's not as instinctive and physical as most of the Nick Saban caliber linebackers that he recruited were.
Speaker 4: That's not what we see on tape.
Speaker 3: But what I do see when it turns into a passing down is a really effective blitzer, a really good cover man with great instincts in coverage and great ball skills. So what we might see is someone who plays first and second down at linebacker, and then on third down they either turn them loose off the edge as a rusher, you use them on blitzes, or you just sit them in coverage and go man a man on some matchup tight ends that you don't have reached havoc in the league over the last few years. So he's a unique piece who's going to be a great tester. You just have to figure out where you want to play him.
Speaker 1: All right, we broke down a defensive side of the ball. Now let's flip to the offense and the guys that maybe are going to keep some of these defenders up at night.
Speaker 3: Basically, okay, so Ben shall tooton running back from Virginia Tech. I'm trying to figure out why this guy doesn't have more buzz. I'm trying to figure out why people aren't talking about him. I think you will be after the combine when he busts a four three forty and everyone says, wait a minute, who's this guy. He's about five foot nine, about two hundred and eight to two hundred and ten pounds compact. You can see him here. He's got amazing track speed. He's a track guy with breakaway speed. Anytime you have that, it's exciting in a league. Right now that the covete chunk plays, but he's going to jump thirty nine to forty inches as well. And then what I think you're going to see him do is he's going to look good out in the drills as well. So now that we have a running back class, so a very deep running back class, but it's time to start putting Baishall Tuton at maybe not the top of the class, but he needs more consideration. He needs more discussion. And that's what the combine is about. It's about shining a light on guys like this. We're going to be starters in the league in the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six point three yards per carry for him last season with the Hokies. All right, Now to the guys clearing the lanes for running backs like Tuton armand Membo.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm the son of an offensive line coach, and so I wish my dad had this guy with the Steelers or the Arizona Cardinals because this guy goes to work. I love our Membo. He's three hundred and thirty pounds at the combine and it's good weight. I mean his lean mass numbers. When they put him in the Dexas scan. These teams are going to freak out when they see his lean mass, his true power potential. He plays with great hands, excellent technique, fantastic body control.
Speaker 4: I think you're going to see all of this on display.
Speaker 3: He didn't do anything at the Combine because he was or rather at the Senior Bowl because he was sick. But at the Combine, we're going to see him move. We're going to see what he looks like from a body control standpoint, and look at not playing football, but we can see what he kind of looks like in terms of going through some of the important drills. Some of them I don't get much out of, but there are some that I get a lot out of. And I think there's going to be some coaches in general managers who see certain things on the field that they've already seen on tape and they go, yeah, this is our guy. This is a guy who's going to get pushed up potentially into the top twelve by the time the combine's over.
Speaker 1: Nice offensive lineman b roll around draft season and what's what we call when we should show those plays like that? You want to see a guy manhandle a few guys. You saw it right there with Membo Lanzerline. We're gonna be leaning on you for the next couple of months here or just outside two months to the start of the draft. Here for all the draft information we appreciated, and you can get that draft information that even the teams are going to be gathering in Indianapolis. Here's the breakdown of when you can see these drills for the NFL Scouting Combine exclusively on NFL Network and NFL Plus, presented by Microsoft co Pilot. Looking forward to the Scouting Combine, Brian Dawkins, the former Eagles and Broncos safety. He is up next for us with a Black History Month vignette that you're not gonna want to miss. He honors a trailblazer for Black History Months. Coming up next to the Insiders this Black History Month, NFL Hall of Famer Brian Dawkins shares how doctor Guyan Blueford made history by becoming the first African American to go to space.
Speaker 7: This Black History Monk, the NFL honors the resilience and contribution of Black American laborers whose hard work and determination have shaped our nation's history and progress. Doctor Guyan Blueford was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in nineteen forty two. As a kid, he dreamed of being an aerospace engineer. He turned that dream into reality when he graduated.
Speaker 4: Penn State in nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 7: He continued to break barriers and made history in nineteen eighty three by becoming the first African American astronaut in space.
Speaker 4: Yep kids from Philadelphia.
Speaker 7: In twenty ten, he was inducted into the US Astronauts Hall of Fame. So doctor guy On Blueford, we salute you.
Speaker 4: And we thank you for paving the way for others.
Speaker 1: As we continue to celebrate Black History Month. Don't miss the debut of Shallow Water, which highlights Queen TAIJ. Williams, whose logo design for Super Bowl fifty nine pays tribute to New Orleans and the enduring history of its people. That's tonight after the Insiders HBCU Legacy we continue today in New Orleans with players from historically black colleges and universities attending a career fair. The players then getting ready for tomorrow's HBCU Legacy Bowl at four pm Eastern on NFL Network. Mike y m and Bucky Brooks and Steve Weish helping us to get ready for tomorrow's game.
Speaker 8: Well, we're certainly excited for Saturday's game, but the culmination of the week is a two day career fair. Over one hundred companies have shown up here to New Orleans. We got sixty HBCUs just under that total, wouldn't parents. Man, I saw some players during the week fully padded, ready to go. They were suited and booted today.
Speaker 9: Well, Mike, you know, Bucky and I have been here for from the origin to now four years for this whole career fair in the game.
Speaker 1: And I think the first year.
Speaker 2: People were very curious, is this a gimmick?
Speaker 1: Is it going to last?
Speaker 9: It has evolved now to a very high caliber of student being sent here and to the point where these players understand we have to come suited and booted because this is a business trip.
Speaker 2: Like you know, look at my gear compared to yours.
Speaker 1: Steven was also a speaker today.
Speaker 8: I'm telling you how many students came up to me saying, I know Steve wycheck O, so do I. There is a game to be played here. We got two talented quarterbacks, actually more than that. But the guys that really stood out this week Miles Crowley, Eric Phoenix, who I did see in a suit.
Speaker 1: He looked pretty slim. They're going to have their hands full against those defenses.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, And the guy that has been the best player on the field has been Elijah Williams from Morgan State, MIAG Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 4: He's been unblockable the entire week.
Speaker 10: But it's not only his ability to stay unblocked, the splash plays that he's created. When we talk about this and the career for those things just being the ault job interview, he certainly has aced a.
Speaker 4: Test as one of the best players in attended.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Bingley, We're hoping that the team can block him to keep him off the quarterbacks and we can.
Speaker 5: Get some points.
Speaker 9: But look the player who kicked things off at the HBCU combine, Joaquin Davis, the sixty four wide receiver from North Carolina Central. He's got all the scouts writing his stuff down, going back and checking his film. I want to see if he can make plays because he's gonna be playing for Team Gay through THEA team going up against Team Robinson. Loaded in the secondary Kendall Bowler from Florida A and m rob McDaniel, the player who most scouts say is most draftable out of Jackson State. Those types of players as well as cornerback the All Americans James Burgess. Let's see if the guy who wants talking about can handle it on the field against those studs.
Speaker 8: At the end of the day, all thirty two teams were represented here this week down in New Orleans. We want to see some talent out on the football field. We will see that on Saturday. You do not want to miskickoff. All three of us ready to rock and roll with Charles Davis. We got you covered. On NFL Network at Flour Eastern.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelcey, much like his brother did a times, taking time after the season, after the season to mow his future and decide what he is going to do. In the meantime, the Chiefs have a decision to make. It seems on Travis Kelsey he's got a bonus coming out. They can always move that back and give him more time to decide. But Adam Rank is here to talk about the possibility of cutting Travis kelce I guess this is what I'm seeing here in the rundown. It would save seventeen point three million million against the cap if they cut. I don't think they're going to cut Travis kelce But what say you, Adam Rank?
Speaker 2: I can't imagine it. I mean, like the NFL had I mean, we saw Aaron Rodgers wearing number eight for the Jets. We've seen Jerry Rice wear number nineteen for the Denver Broncos. But it wouldn't seem really strange to see Travis kelce in any other uniform but that of the Kansas City Chiefs. And honestly, how am I going to explain it to my nine year old if he's not with the team anymore, and she's got to start rooting for somebody out They're not going to I don't want to have that conversation. I'm not ready for that yet. And honestly, like Travis Kelce, I believe doesn't get paid for what he does during the regular season. It's what he does during the three games in January and February. He was a huge part of the Chiefs run to the Super Bowl. I think that these cop numbers are always fun. It's like a buzz speed article. It's something for us to get excited about, Like, what is this he's gonna get They're going to know. Yeah, they'll extend it, they'll find a way. If he plays football next year, it's for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: You've got your daughter's art behind you. I've got my daughter's art behind me. My daughter did draw a picture just randomly today of Travis Kelce that I would have held up right now, but her grandfather took it home with him. Oh, to hang up somewhere. I'm sure to make himself look like he's the proud grandfather. When I could have put it right here anyway. Yeah, you're talking about what it means to the kids, and we don't want to have that conversation just yet. So Chiefs, you know, don't do anything crazy. Ravens Mark Andrews. Yeah, it didn't end well this season for Mark Andrews. The numbers weren't the same. Obviously still a key part of what they do. I think they're in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that when you look at the season to total on a total basis, like, yeah, they weren't the season totals that you expected. But he obviously was coming off an injury in the early part of the year and everybody remembers Isaiah Likely going out there killing it in Week one and be like, oh my gosh, they don't even need Mark Andrews anymore. But then during the big stretch of the regular season, Mark Andrews was the guy. He was the dude scoring all the touchdowns. He's a huge part of this offense, much like Travis Kelsey. I'm not going to say that he's a Kirkland version of Travis Kelcey, but he's just as important to this Ravens offense and their success. And again, I think they will find a way to make sure that he is a member of the Ravens next year. I would find it hard to believe or hard to stomach to see him playing for anybody else. I'm sure Lamar Jackson feels the same way. So again, if Mark Jackson is playing football next year, I assume it's going to be for the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on these two. Just can't see these guys playing anywhere else. If Travis Kelsey does decide to play, Mark Andrews is certainly going to continue to play. So yeah, in Baltimore makes the most sense. Now, let's get to the point where we can go. Now we can see the team moving on. Because we talked about a cap saving this seventeen point three million, eleven million, how about thirty million saved against the cap? If the Jets cut DeVante Adams, yeah, he's gone, Like he's not gonna be in New York anymore.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be looking for anything. Really, this is perfect for him. And honestly, like I still believe that he's got a lot of juice left in him. And if you're Devonte Adams and you're trying to find a situation that works the best for you, where that maybe money isn't the biggest factor, your biggest motivation. I look at the two teams that were in the NFC Championship Game this season. You look at the Lions, you look at the Washington Commanders. Both of them could use a player like DeVonta Adams, especially Washington. So if I'm the Commanders right now, the moment that he's released, I would be making a call because I think he could be a huge asset. You pair them out there with Terry McLaurin. Now you've got something for Jayden Daniels going into year two. I think there's gonna be a lot of there's gonna be a lot of people looking at Devanta Adams, even in a free agent class that could possibly include T Higgins. But you got Chris Godwin who will be available, You got Stefan Diggs, Amari Cooper. I'm Devanta Adams might be the most attractive outside of T Higgins.
Speaker 1: Just check to your computer. Make sure that wasn't the email, the news alert that Devanta Adams had just been been cut. There was that you that I just heard in my ear. I'm pretty sure it was your computer. I'm trying to have some fun here rank with you.
Speaker 4: But what I'm no, I'm joking.
Speaker 1: I heard an email come across as you were talking. I was trying to.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, this is a working set, Garafallo. I can't help it.
Speaker 1: How many computers you got there. I figure you're like a day trader. You got like four of them going.
Speaker 2: I got four, I got I got some soccer algorithms going over here. I've got a huge tournament this weekend. So there's a lot of things going up here in the home office.
Speaker 1: Not just all right, well some it's got to be the numbers on Joey Bosa, who we thought maybe last year we get cut and then he and the Chargers beat the clock to renegotiate to keep them there. Twenty five point four against the Caps saved if they cut Joey Bosa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a situation where obviously he's had a long career with the LA Chargers and there's a lot of nostalgy there. But Jim Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh is not about that. Jim Harbaugh wants to go out there and wain and change the culture of the Los Angeles Chargers. Obviously getting to the playoffs this season was a huge step, but he wants to go Further, I think there's a possibility he does get cut and one of those teams that's looking for help defensively, I think Joey Bosa makes a lot of sense for them.
Speaker 1: I feel like now it's like when a teacher gets interrupted. What couldn't wait? Now, you must share with us what the latest email was. What couldn't wait until the end of class?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 2: Adam right, what couldn't wait? It's said that we need two people for field maintenance for our team, Team Fearless, which was named after the Taylor Swift song Fearless, which is why Travis Kelsey leave the Chiefs. This is why he's got to stay with that team. Okay, so I'm sorry. There's a lot of important information going on.
Speaker 1: We asked aj Brown yesterday how long he would take off before he started working toward next season. He said, yeah, give me a couple of weeks. Lane Johnson, on the other hand, that's three p fifteen in the bar right there. It feels like a late day for Lane. I guess he's working his way back into him. That is a deep squat there. You gotta love the process if you want to be great, like Lane Johnson elsewhere with the Eagles. So this was found by Amy Randabarger, fellow Lesal graduate. What's up explorer. This note said, I found this jacket at the last Super Bowl. I intentionally left it here, So don't return this. I intentionally left it. You hold on to it, whoever finds it, and then the next Super Bowl parade leave it for the next sort of pay it forward thing here from the Eagles. You know, his fan base gets a lot of flack, but Rank this is pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: No, it is pretty cool. It's one of the things that's great about sports is that the common bond with everybody under those parades and all that stuff is always a lot of fun. So I now growing up going to NBA championship parades all the time, having stuff like that and having little momentos like that. That's pretty cool. So Paul done Eagles fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was found on a light post that she thought, well, somebody left this behind. It said no, no, no, don't return it. Oh keep it, so Amy, take good care of it. Ray appreciate you. Tonight Lands theirline as well. Next week, starting Monday, Insiders Live at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis will be dressed to the Nines join us. Then