Speaker 1: Guess what.
Speaker 2: Only thirteen NBA teams have ever come back from a three to one.
Speaker 3: We oh, well, well, things justifying irrational.
Speaker 2: Knows a thing or two about that, which is significant because outside of the two sleeps are the top Seeds and the Clippers Nuggets being two and two at the time of this recording, we've got three one matchups all around it.
Speaker 4: We'll touch on.
Speaker 2: Each of those and plenty more with comedian Blake Wexler on today's episode, I'm and I'm Drag O'Brien, and this is smiles.
Speaker 1: Six D three, got it. I look at the X ten O K.
Speaker 4: Driving spinny, I don't number eighteen that's been secure.
Speaker 3: Let's select your NBA champions over the double teams.
Speaker 5: Honesty's saying, and I'm Jack O'Brien in the style of Leslie Stall from sixty minutes for the whole run of this show, a big shout on sixty minutes under attack under that yeah.
Speaker 2: From on high our guest today quote unquote the funniest man on Twitter.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, Yeah, I said that?
Speaker 3: Who said that?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 2: I mean, I I I like, I just want to you know. It's like it's so he's a confidence player.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, he's coming down. You got off the bench and just bombing.
Speaker 1: From the logo.
Speaker 4: Blake Wexler.
Speaker 2: Oh you can catchdy catch a special daddy long legs pinned to his timeline everywhere timelines are.
Speaker 4: Served on social media.
Speaker 2: Also doing a charity ride on May seventeenth for the Eagles Autism Foundation UH to raise money for autism awareness.
Speaker 4: You can find all this on a social media We'll get to that at the end.
Speaker 2: But if you're also in Philadelphia, he will be performing in Philadelphia on August first, so check your.
Speaker 4: Calendars, keep them ready for Blake Wexler. Blake is that you? Are you here?
Speaker 1: It's me Blake, Bob Woodward Wexler. That's right, call me yeah, oh yeah, put me in for all. I'll play play every minute, just like Bob used to. It's great to see you guys. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Wait, what sport has four or fifteen minute quarters?
Speaker 3: Miles, don't worry about it, Miles.
Speaker 4: This is Crey.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry, Croquet, I.
Speaker 4: Read that right, I said Croquet.
Speaker 6: I said croaking.
Speaker 1: I said croaked, yeah, croaky, real good.
Speaker 3: It's uh well, how's everybody feeling? About the NBA blake how this is this is a nice? This is a nice We're free, Like starting on day one of the playoffs were free. We don't have to we don't have to suffer through a seventy six ers, you know, playoff run unbrend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you call a four to two first round loss a run, then yeah, no, you don't have to stop through that at all.
Speaker 4: It's it's relaxed.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they'd even go to the second round, which was always rude. Yeah, rude yeah to their fans and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a guest overstaying They're welcome.
Speaker 4: Are you watching it? Being like yes, low stakes?
Speaker 3: Or I mean, how are you even watching it?
Speaker 4: Are you just casually watching.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say something terrible. Oh no, I'm pulling for the Warriors. That's where my life's at, where I think there's something about watching old people have one final last hurrah that is like it's like comfort food at this point, just like I know there's certain junk food that's not good for me, but it's from an arrow where I felt more safe.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: We're like like millennials are like nostalgic for the nineties.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what's happening right now. Yeah, that's exactly like this. It's like, bring that back.
Speaker 1: What are what are the two thousands pistons doing? Cowboys?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say I was also gonna say space cowboys, Space cowboys. Brian the Editor also in the chat simultaneous space Cowboys references just one last.
Speaker 3: Also, Blake sticks a P in the middle of comfort. He says, comfort, comfort, comfort.
Speaker 1: Wow, I guess I did. Oh that's concerning.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 4: I did that spell the word Blake.
Speaker 1: Oh m p p h u R t.
Speaker 4: Okay, comfort, okay, no notes for me.
Speaker 2: News from around the league, man, Dame Damian Lillard Achilles. That was that wasn't like the first quarter, wasn't it? Just right back and then you're right off?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, terrible does immediately like it. It feels like Yannis being out of out of Milwaukee is like a foregone conclusion at this point. So just how how bad they've looked in the first round in general, and like how kind of without a chance they like that series has really seemed heavily to favor the Pacers, and the Pacers have just looked like a better team pretty consistently has actually been as somebody who roots for the league. Against the Celtics has been exciting to me because I do feel like Yannis is going somewhere that is going is going to be hard for the Celtics to deal with. Like all the rumors.
Speaker 1: Are next to porzingis yes or that gonna be hard? I mean that, Blake, don't you dare?
Speaker 6: I would?
Speaker 3: I would never The rumors have been thunder, which would be too much. I don't want them to go to the thunder. But yeah, but the Knicks and the Rockets are the two teams that have me excited. I've enjoyed watching the Knicks in this Piston series and just imagining Yannis next to Brunson, like Brunson is just so just such a g such a like bucket down the stretch, so tough, like just so built for the playoffs, and then you like have Yiannis as like the second option on that in that offense is like wild to me that that would be a lot of fun and I would love to have a team in the Northeast that could challenge the Celtics.
Speaker 1: And then the Rockets obviously would be.
Speaker 3: Fun, although I don't I feel like they still would need like some shooting or I don't know, a shot creator on the perimeter. Whereas the Knicks, you put them in there and there immediately I think a title contender.
Speaker 4: Mmm, I mean I think you said thunder Knicks, rockets. I think there's a fourth one probably too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because this just happens every time, any pre event is.
Speaker 1: Never being discussed to say it, who whoul the fourth one be?
Speaker 4: It happened with Luca. I said it as a joke, I said, Luca.
Speaker 1: Coach, what you did?
Speaker 3: Say it as a joke. I will say, I usually don't get it when people expect it to happen, right, Yeah, it's it's just like when it's out of door.
Speaker 1: It's eight months later. Is when it happens when you expected months later.
Speaker 3: I will say, like, usually you hear rumors that someone's going somewhere, like it's one of the times that like rumors do come true. Uh like bron to La even bron to Miami like that those are both rumored for like multiple seasons before they happened.
Speaker 1: So the rumor mill on this one.
Speaker 3: I feel like I have consistently heard the Knicks that he's like interested in going to the Knicks and bring basketball back to New York and then some of his commercials he's he has like been in New York City.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, I can't. I could see.
Speaker 3: Somebody for someone who's been in New York city's been like I've seen pictures of him in New York City.
Speaker 6: I saw him.
Speaker 4: I saw him eating a hot dog.
Speaker 3: There's a where he's like playing on a court. I feel like, oh no, that was Embiid. Never mind, it was somebody with an accent.
Speaker 1: Did you confuse Embid with Drew Ski or was it? Yeah? Oh man, Well.
Speaker 4: That made me sad.
Speaker 1: But I just said I don't have to listen to that ever again.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it is really nice, though, Blake. Doesn't it feel nice to be free of you know? Watching like watching Embiid's career has been a little bit like watching the fuse burned down on a stick of dynamite that you know it's blow uping your hands. Yeah, and it's just like it's been. It's exciting, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: You don't know what's gonna happen, but.
Speaker 3: You know it's gonna end badly, fairly soon and fairly quickly.
Speaker 1: This is where I'm at mentally with where. I just watched that Court of Gold or whatever it was called the Olympics Olympic basketball documentary on Netflix, which, by the way, I do want to say is my favorite basketball documentary by a former first couple since Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson did one on Dolph Chase. But I don't know who your audience is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was made by the Johnson's.
Speaker 1: Lyndon later was made by the Biens, right, Yes, I believe it if I remember correctly. But I remember watching it and love the Steph Curry storyline so much, you know, like Lebron was kind of a secondary the Durant one I enjoyed. And then I would get glimpses of Embiid just not talking to anyone, just hanging out in the back, just not even doing the chant like on three one two three USA, just kind of hanging out, and I'm like, oh, yeah, I can't watch give me yeah one one, two three not playing for France, which he had every right to do, but yeah, it's I have been enjoying watching it.
Speaker 4: I've been as a fan.
Speaker 1: I've been finding like secondary reason teams to cheer for, where the Knicks have a lot of Villanova players on there, so I'm, you know, cheering for the Nova Nicks the villain, that's right. I was really hurt when they traded even Chins the Big Regu, the humongousgu but all time nickname by the way, the Big Ragu for a redheaded basketball player from Delaware of all places. But yeah, I've been I don't know, other than the three one of it all, Like I do still feel like, because it's the Lakers, that Minnesota series is still probably is easily the most interesting three to one out of all of them. To me, No, I'm not really, It's.
Speaker 3: Not like you know, reverse yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with my reverse tears in my series, just basically like do we want them to win in LA or not?
Speaker 1: You maybe delayed Minnesota to win in LA or not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I honestly I was talking to Jabari before.
Speaker 2: Better to have a loss that is just punctuated like sorry, not good enough, not even something where you delay the foregone conclusion to get people thinking like whoa hmm.
Speaker 1: Maybe really that's where you're at for right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I will I think it's like any sort of psychological thing where you have to sort of let go of the expectation of it because that's gonna hurt way more, you know. And I think right now, for where we started and where we ended, I can say, you know what, Okay, I'm okay with this.
Speaker 4: This is how I wanted it to end, given the fact that we had Luca Lebron together.
Speaker 2: Maybe not, but I'm not. Look, all it's gonna take is for us to win Game five and I go, we're back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't know it just we just look so thin, like especially going down the stretch and JJ Reddick not being able to so yeah, Like it really felt like he's just he's look, he's new, is his first season, he's in the playoffs. The stakes are high, and he's playing like the stakes are so high that he's like, I gotta have every single guy out there, even if I if I play them into the ground.
Speaker 3: It's like the first time you play a video game and you lose track of like the reload button.
Speaker 1: You just keep you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's just like, oh, yeah, shoot, people get tired, yeah, yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 2: Then wondering is like, well, we just had our biggest guys missing layups in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, because they played the whole second.
Speaker 2: Halfsted yea, Yeah, It's just I mean that's where I feel bad when, like, I definitely respect his acumen as a coach, but even there are other times I'm like, I'm like sweating for Lebron and like he shouldn't be out there this long. Now, Yeah, he shouldn't be playing for this this much.
Speaker 3: Surely, surely, So anyway, there there, I am with that, But be th under, hey, at least they swept the grizzly Is they look as good as I feel like they are, so I can at least focus on the number one seeds.
Speaker 4: And just pretend that we weren't really in this at all.
Speaker 3: I got a lot going on, man, right now, you know you have a lott Hey, look man, I got to get out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so busy.
Speaker 1: I just saw a rumor that Rob Polinka might trade his leather jacket for four second round picks. Is that true? Or is that is the value not there?
Speaker 4: It's true, it's true. It's Corinthian leather.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like there's a ton to say about the one eight. The calves crushed the heat by fifty five to sweep the series, like with the Thunder and the Grizz, Like there were a couple of close games where the Thunder in Game three, I had to come back from being down a lot. I forget the number, but it was like too many to make sense, and then they won a close one in the game four. The Calves just like beat the Heat in Game four by fifty fifty five. Like there's one point where it's like seventy two to twenty one or so.
Speaker 1: They had a forty Miami, right, Yeah, yeah, I think so, Yeah.
Speaker 2: They had They had a forty eight point lead at the end of the third quarter, which was I think the highest ever in NBA postseason history. And yeah, you all we saw was really sad, sad pat Riley on the sidelines being like, we're here, what's happening on the other side of the league. Oh, what's Jimmy Butler doing at the Warriors right now?
Speaker 4: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: The Warriors are probably Yeah, I feel like they would be America's team at this point. Like if the Lakers go out like Miles expects them to do, I think they might as well just not show up personally, Like it sounds like that's like where the Laker's over there, just like, don't even go to the game.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: You know how many people are coping so hard with the stats and stuff, and I look, I don't want to, like I think, deep down I'm saying my most honest feeling is I just don't after that we just do not have what it takes to compete with them right now, given how just the puffin the personnel is and just not.
Speaker 3: Keep using thin miles and yet your best player. Never mind, I'm not gonna even say anything about it, but Chest, I.
Speaker 4: Don't have an agenda.
Speaker 2: I don't have an agenda on the agendas to win, which is why I'm also like, look, if we got to move Lebron on to bring in some other pieces to make this thing happen, please let's go.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: The reaction to this series so far like Zach Lowe response being Zach low who I like a lot, but I have also laughed a lot at his Like sometimes his takes on round one are a little over the top, like that the year that the Heat beat Milwaukee, and he was like just spent the whole time talking about how terrible Milwaukee was instead of being like the Heater actually playing really well and the Heat ended up going to the finals this time. He was like, I actually understand the Luca trade the way this guy defends. But I think I think what he meant was like, there's a lot of people around the league who understand why Dallas traded Luca. They just don't understand why they did it the way they did, which is as a secret handshake with the Lakers.
Speaker 4: With the little return. Yeah, Anthony isn't anything.
Speaker 1: But you know, no, no, but it just didn't like other.
Speaker 2: Teams had a lot they could have offered you to set you up for the future, especially, and the.
Speaker 3: Lakers would have still been there offering that. It doesn't like it just doesn't make sense. Like even as a like knowing anything about business, knowing anything about diplomasy, like having read a book, I feel like you'd be able to just be like this does a book? Wait a second, any subject actually illiterate?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is literate. And that's what I was here to say.
Speaker 4: He uses voice to text for everything. People don't know that. Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, we'll talk about other series.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back as somebody who just doesn't want to see the Celtics when I'm looking for things to be excited about. I feel like the teams that have looked better than I expected them too in the playoffs are basically Indiana has looked awesome so far and like they were also like last year's playoffs, they overperformed. I feel like Carlisle's maybe the best coach this side of tylu uh. And I still don't think that they can beat the Celtics though, And I don't know the the Calves and okay see have both been good, but I do feel like I'm just like not counting it because they were playing teams that were far worse than them.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't know exactly what.
Speaker 3: Let's we'll collect a little more data to see because yeah, the next round will be instructive for sure, But I mean what I mean that even the Clippers, man, I'm sick to my stomach watch. I know it's tough because it's going to be totally different by the by the time anyone hears it, but it has The Clippers look have looked awesome, but then I don't know they might not even make it out of this series too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was that.
Speaker 3: Uh that game ending was that an intentional you'll get overshot that right, and Aaron Gordon just put it back. It wasn't like it because that was but it was so perfectly scripted to have that at the buzzer. I it is the closest buzzer beater I think I've ever seen to the.
Speaker 2: Point where like I saw a lot of people getting mad. It's like you all need better like high speed cameras.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It was literally like so framed a frame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was like yeah, because I think they were always like felt like it was maybe you know, twenty four frame whatever, how many frames the second one, it's like the light you don't you couldn't tell when exactly it went in relation to the buzzer actually going off, but it was good enough, and it.
Speaker 3: Was like a physics question at that point. It's like you need I needed like ten frames in between the two because it was like it's touching his finger one frame, next frame it's not touching his finger, and the light is on, Like we need to keep going down. Thin slicing is with like hat sizes.
Speaker 1: I'm in between a seven and a quarter and a seven and three eighths, so I have to either go big hat or like tight slightly tiny hat when I get a haircut in a corner. Yeah, speaking his hats, what do you think of those horse hats that they passed out to the Clippers fans in the wall? Did you see those where they're wearing like horse heads but not full mask. So that's my problem with it, just a little to get ahead of my.
Speaker 3: Head, like cheesehead, cheese cheese heads, but horses horses to make yok it be like see, I feel like that is too much of a like fun joke you would do with k as opposed to like getting in his head, you know what I mean. Like it's like, we are so scared of you as a basketball player. Hey, look at this. Look over here, here's the thing you like?
Speaker 4: You like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, be some candy. Right's cute? And I like it as a fan of the NBA and as a fan of just like fandom weird stuff. Yeah yeah, as a if I'm like really trying to scheme as a Clippers fan, I'm like, this is probably not doing the thing that we wanted to do.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I always wearing Ayisha Curry mask two Warriors games when I sit to try to distract stuff from just anything that you love you love her, yeah, yeah, you love her so much.
Speaker 3: Oh that would actually aspiring. That actually might really mess you up if it's just his beautiful wife's and then your body underneath it beautif don't know how to feel about this beautiful body. Beautiful body, but like beautiful, not in the way that he's used to right right, thank you? Turn him all around, you know, I know how to feel.
Speaker 4: That's my goal.
Speaker 3: Did you guys watch Nick's pistons?
Speaker 4: I did that?
Speaker 1: Last one?
Speaker 4: Was the refs really, you know.
Speaker 2: Even the lake that Laker game, you know, Game four also felt some type of way. There was some there was a trip there at the whatever, but anyway, the pistons, I really felt bad for them because that should have been a foul at the end right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did feel.
Speaker 4: They were just like you know what, whistle never.
Speaker 3: Heard of it, Josh Hart, He's a tough defender.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I truly am like right down the middle on that because if you call that, it's like, I don't know, it is one of those things that it's it's like kind of a coin flip, and I feel like in this case, it just does side the game.
Speaker 4: If it happened in the first quarter, that's a foul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so that's where I'm like, if and I get you don't want to really inform the game with your calls there, but if that is a foul in any other context, then it should be even then without being like but.
Speaker 4: They could it could shift the game.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, I don't know. I think also, I'm just it's really nice to see Kate Cunningham like really coming to his own and I'm like, I'm just like really rooting for them, even though I love the Knicks, but I've just really found myself really like rooting for the Pistons.
Speaker 1: Like, come on, guys, come on, buddies, you can do this, but the NBA is more fun when the Pistons are good. And then I actually, Jack, I have a I want to talk about twins. When you're done with this statement that you're about to make, I want to rank the NBA twins. Oh wow, because of the Thompson's of all time. I think, So there's the Thompson twins who are both in the playoffs at the moment of this recording. And then I didn't know Horace and Harvey Grant were twins. Here's the Lopez bruh. I thought that which brothers like you? I think because one more goggles, more different. This guy has huge eyes and this other guy has normal eyes. I can't tell, but yeah, I always just and the Morris twins I think. You know, I'm partial to because they're from Philly, but I think twins are so good for basketball in general when they're in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Anyone ever unleashed the twins on the same team, like playing together at the same time, like those two Australian twins that went viral freak where they're just like completing each other's sentences. And like the two women who had the Exotic birds. Yeah, yeah, the two yeah, just like that weird mind beld. I feel there were there were professional tennis like doubles players who like individually were not ranked, but they were one of the best. I think this was like the nineties or early its. Uh, like playing as doubles a doubles pair, they were like one of the best in the in the world, and it was like this like sort of weird mind meld where they always like knew it was like two minds or like two bodies with one mind.
Speaker 1: Brothers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bob and Mike, Bryan.
Speaker 3: You know where I think I saw a story about them. Uh, and I'm Jack O'Brien and the reference I made in every episode and for for no one, nobody's like God, that guy's Leslie Stall.
Speaker 2: I like the idea he did the Leslie Stall again, Honey.
Speaker 4: I work out to that.
Speaker 1: But I think when you do that line, that's how I do put That's how I put up I throw up weight.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the idea of a family listening to this podcast sitting around the dinner.
Speaker 1: Table, Honey, did you hear it?
Speaker 6: All? Right?
Speaker 3: But Brunson and Kat have been amazing, Like just some of the shots they're hitting down down the stretch. It really did feel like I was rooting for a Pistons win just because I wanted to see it go to to and it was. It just felt like this was not happening like I did. I never felt confident. I never felt like they were gonna pull it off. Just Brunson is so tough in the fourth quarter, He's had his points in fourth quarters in this series. Game one twelve points, Game two fourteen points, Game three twelve points, Game four fifteen points. Just incredible.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, look at it on the Pistons, so that Tobias Harris guy never heard of him?
Speaker 4: Game I was like that guys, guy, Wow, Finish.
Speaker 3: Is hitting like huge buckets that are like so like that fade away he hit like falling out of bounds, like down the stretch was so wild. I don't know, I'm starting to fall in love with the Knicks.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I don't I'm only going to get hurt when they play the Celtics next round. But I am going to watch every game of that every minute of that series, and uh, you know, weep along with Knicks fans.
Speaker 4: Show them, you're the goat Knicks player, bro, show them, show them.
Speaker 3: And then you know it's it's looking like it's gonna be Pacers calves. Like the Pacers have looked incredible. The calves have looked really good. But it also again it looked like regular season good because the heat we're pretty weak. Is anybody thinking that the Pacers might take him down?
Speaker 1: Not bad, bad bad guess alert No, no, no.
Speaker 4: No, probably not. Probably not.
Speaker 3: No, I mean yeah, I'm just based on how I mean again, like you're saying that the matchup with the Heat isn't the best display of you know, what their longevity will be in the postseason.
Speaker 4: But I I think I think they will manage. I think they will manage. Yeah, I'm not. I'm not too hot on the Pacers, to be honest, I just don't like that. I just don't like those. They're new, those like city uniforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the uniforms I knew.
Speaker 3: I already knew when when you were like, I'm not too hot on them, I was like, Myles doesn't like their uniform.
Speaker 2: It feels like from like Nickelodeon, Guts like or something like it's a Nickelodeon uniform. And then I'm like, all, I don't know, are you guys the is this Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Speaker 4: Or this is the NBA Playoffs. I can't take this seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 3: See it seems like a uniform that was designed for like do you remember in The Fresh Prince where Will Smith like played basketball, Yeah, for his high school. Like it feels like it would if they had spent more time on the uniforms than that, like that would have been you know it was like a nineties era like made for TV basketball uniform Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: The bell Air Academy ones.
Speaker 3: They didn't they didn't look like I don't think they but like that's kind of what I would have expected, you know, like or or like the football uniforms in any given Sunday, Like they have like a lot of te Yeah, just like generic, like uh, costume designer with like a little too much time to think about this, and they overthink it.
Speaker 2: So if we use the same logic of the person that inexplicably wins a March Madness bracket because they just looked at the uniforms, yeah, by that logic, pacers, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Yeah they're done. Yeah, you're you're cooked. I just don't like the uniforms. I'm sorry, And that's as might have been too to make these decisions.
Speaker 1: They've had some cool city connect but like I feel like they have like almost like a racing like nas because you know, like Indie or whatever, you know, like racing uniform. At one point, those Pinstripe ones I loved from the Jaywen Rose Pacers, you know what I mean, Like Navy boy with yellow pin stripes. I thought they're very very classic and slimming of course, you know, with the pin stripes, and made all the players look lighter. That's Lucas problem. He needs the GOP player.
Speaker 3: Ray Miller actually quite overweight, but he just oh my god, nobody knows that because he had those strimming pin stripes.
Speaker 4: He was three five pounds.
Speaker 3: Right, What the heck just happened?
Speaker 1: Why did we just do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we sinkd up. We're twins.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, on Tuesdays we sink up. Yeah, you didn't notice identical twins.
Speaker 1: The identical twins were the more of the seventy five.
Speaker 3: You guys just both three and seventy five was the funniest number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was scary. It's so scary.
Speaker 1: I think I'm trying to move on from it actively, Like I think, I think.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know. It was a destination thing where you like got a flash of it.
Speaker 1: Oh never never, never mind.
Speaker 4: I said to ninety eight.
Speaker 3: Like, we need to advantage the miracle that just happened here.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, based on that, maybe the Lakers are going to win. Yeah, because I was, I think we just from Blake and I just completely just.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna win by three hundred and seventy five point.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly exactly, we're gonna be shooting three hundred and seventy five percent from percent from three. Well, now the delay is a little the magic already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm realizing that, Like people are just going to be like, yeah, but that happens all the time when you're in the same room over over zoom. It's a little it's weird, it's weird.
Speaker 4: It was weird.
Speaker 1: A tandem bicycle right now, Miles and just doing lapse around jack lause.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they passed by the mic one at a time, and just all right, let's check in with the odds real quick, and then we'll go to the break and then I just want to uh, we got the rabbit fire around a question. I just want to put this guy out out of his misery. Miles, you know what I'm saying. Hell no, sorry, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a little sorry, yell, sorry, but never mind here, dude, do whatever it was he could have said before he threatened to kill me.
Speaker 4: Why don't you fill me up? But can you give me a glass of water?
Speaker 1: Kill you with rapid fire.
Speaker 4: Keep it keep it running so it gets real cold from the tap?
Speaker 3: Wait, what's that from the Sopranos when Bobby Baccoalaw's dad comes out of retirement as a hit man and has that botched hit job on like that guy pony Boy, and like he ends up dying leaving after he kills him.
Speaker 4: Do you remembering?
Speaker 2: It causes a strain because Bobby Bacala's dad is like a former mob hit man and he needed he's just like he's so old as Ahima, He's like, and he goes to kill this other guy who's his nephew, and it goes all wrong because he's just like old.
Speaker 1: And then is he the one who tells him to put a yeah to distract.
Speaker 4: Him a glass of water and he's like, keep it running so it gets really cold.
Speaker 2: And as he's doing that, he gets his gun out to shoot the guy and it just goes all wrong.
Speaker 4: Didn't cut that iconic panos? All right?
Speaker 3: Okay, See is still odds on favor to win the title. Boston is plus one ninety right behind them, So okay, See plus one fifty Boston plus one ninety. Calves plus five point fifty. The Golden State Warriors have moved into the fourth spot at plus one seventy, which I think is wishful thinking, but I mean that I guess is reflected. You know, the odds are moved by what people are gambling on. I'd love to see the Warriors make a run here. I don't see them beating the Thunder. I do think the Clippers have the best chance of beating the Thunder out of the West, but I don't even know if they're getting out of the first round. That series will have had a very important game five by the time everybody listens to this. But as we as we discuss it's only two two Clippers plus two fifty. Minnesota has moved up to plus two thousand, eight hundred twenty eight hundred, which is a big move that that was plus four thousand a week ago and the Lakers are now plus four thousand. It was two plus two thousand a week ago.
Speaker 4: I'm a bet ten thousand, then do it?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, No, you should do that.
Speaker 4: I was waiting for.
Speaker 1: That's actually really good. Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: How it works.
Speaker 3: And yeah, maybe it's I shouldn't be doing that, but I think you should in this bet calculator just looks too good.
Speaker 1: Get that in now before they change those odds, by the way, so you should get that that in as soon as you can.
Speaker 3: You would win plus You would win four hundred and ten thousand dollars if you want so.
Speaker 1: I mean, then that's money.
Speaker 4: Hello, exactly, you'd gotta be a fool.
Speaker 3: They would have to win this series and the championship a team that looks completely gassed right now.
Speaker 1: It's too gas thin five thin, that's right on the pinch.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes thin people get guessed. The New York Knicks plus four thy five hundred.
Speaker 4: All right, well, hold on, well, hold on, I'm having that.
Speaker 1: What have you bet ten grand on each? The Lakers and the Knicks over almost a million?
Speaker 2: I mean that's they say it's impossible for them to both pay out.
Speaker 6: Well, but I.
Speaker 3: Plus six thousand crazy to me, because they are tied to two with the Clippers, who are plus twenty five hundred. The Nuggets are the Yeah, the Nuggets are plus six thousand. That's I mean, I also think the Clippers have the better chance of winning the series, but that's still that's that's good value. As I on this gambling podcast.
Speaker 1: Congrets on that trademark, by the way.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, And that's what we call Jack's good Value pick.
Speaker 4: And then then a week.
Speaker 3: And then the pacers I think are the best value, Jack's number one value pick of the week plus seven thousand.
Speaker 6: Call it.
Speaker 3: That's great value brought to you, not by great value, brought to you by best buy. I should have called it Jack's best buy, and instead we call it Jack's grape value.
Speaker 1: I made a mistake.
Speaker 3: I thought they would have more advertising money great value for some reason. H.
Speaker 1: At the end of the commercial, it's just yeah, he bought thirty seconds of ad time and he filled it. I bought copy regrets. You bought your own show.
Speaker 4: Guys, you hear that great value?
Speaker 1: Add I submit it.
Speaker 3: To great value?
Speaker 1: Was it cool?
Speaker 4: If we you do this?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: All right? Uh? Go to draft Kings?
Speaker 6: Is that the one?
Speaker 1: Anyways?
Speaker 3: Uha? Professional podcast? H. Let's take a quick break, and when we come back, Blake's gonna get us a nice, a nice cold glass of water. Let it keep running so it gets nice and cold like I like it.
Speaker 1: And then he's gonna come back and he's gonna be in a fire fight, rapid fire round of questioning.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're back. Nice cold glass of water.
Speaker 3: Blake, really appreciate that. Now, when you look out the window, there's gonna be a real pretty sunset there in a few hours. Beautiful yep, think of the rabbits.
Speaker 4: So yes, it's time, Blake. You know we love you, man, but you also know we despise you.
Speaker 6: And that's.
Speaker 4: Fire around question.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 3: They're both the rudest crudest question answer segment in all of sports podcasting history.
Speaker 4: Blake, we asked you a question.
Speaker 3: You just respond quickly, got it quietly, confidently, silently respond without saying anything at all, but with your good podcast answer each of these questions with your eyes.
Speaker 4: And these aren't answered no questions, they're very nuanced. So those eyes got to do. Do you accept the challenge, Blake? I accept this challenge to start the clock. Don't laugh, Blake, because this is serious.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I was watching an old sixty minutes clip and it made me laugh. I missed everything you just said.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was watching the clip from sixty minutes during Beanie Baby Mania.
Speaker 4: Wild what these people are spending? Okay, we go, Jack, you want to go first.
Speaker 1: Should Oh, Miles, I'd love to go first. No, you guys don't want to take more time figuring out who goes first.
Speaker 4: Hey, we'll be the rude one.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Please don't be rude to us, Dude, I was just asking.
Speaker 4: I know, but it's our shoulders, man, just as it's a weird look when you. I'm sorry to us.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I get confused about who plays what role on this, so I thought it was my anyway, I apologize by the way.
Speaker 4: Don't rude us.
Speaker 1: Well, treat me like that.
Speaker 3: Blake thinks he's so great because he's curing autism and Eagles.
Speaker 4: Jack, I'm actually done with this.
Speaker 1: No, no, Miles, don't do this. And Jack, thank you. But Miles, no, no, no, no, don't act like that about you.
Speaker 4: Be rude to you again. Nice try, buddy, that was a rope, Jack off Lake.
Speaker 3: You have the ability to wave your Harry Potter Collector's Edition wand, which I know that you have.
Speaker 1: Yep, we tailored this for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, twenty sixteen Bellatrix wand original edition.
Speaker 4: You got the Elder wand we know you have the Elder one. I got a whole set.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get to wave your two thousand edition Bellotricks wand and create your preferred finals matchup for the end of this tournament. What's your matchup? And then, what do you actually think it'll be?
Speaker 1: I want Lakers Celtics honestly ideal, OKC Nicks would be. I feel like so much fun where you have Oka see as a fan base has always been because it's it's a city with kind of with one professional sports team, you know, yes, and then you have the Knicks, which have been who have been around for forever. But New York is so basketball rabbid for the Knicks like I used to feel like. And I love the color orange. That's actually primarily what it is. I just want to see as much orange on the court as humanly possible. So that's why I'm going, Okay see Nicks as my favorite. What I think it'll be Celtics.
Speaker 3: Versus the Celtics somehow.
Speaker 1: Versus the Celtics. I think it's going to be an intra squad Scrimmagles.
Speaker 4: You don't let him use magic Jack.
Speaker 3: And all I gotta say, though, I mean you you said earlier that The Court of Gold is your favorite series basketball documentary by a former president. I'm just glad Bill Simmons isn't a president because obviously the answer would be Celtic's city.
Speaker 1: And we're saying that Bill as a peer as yeah, to get his peers.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted is more more Celtics content during these plays. Answer is Celtics or Celtics, Celtics or Celtics versus Celtics.
Speaker 1: What I actually think it's going to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, next next question, go ahead. You're riding your bike that most people believe you don't use training wheels for, but we all know, we've seen the photos.
Speaker 4: You do still use training wheels.
Speaker 3: Legs are so strong, it's harder to pedal against the training wheels.
Speaker 1: More wheels and you come quick miles, real quick. Just so the audience knows, I have training wheels on the front and the back wheels, so it's a total of six wheels that I have with like I.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, and I'm glad you know you know that you have really cagy on your Instagram stories like you're riding a two wheel bike.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, and this is no shade, like we were throwing shit about calling out your Harry Potter wand to form the.
Speaker 1: Question, but you're on your bike. Oh, it sounds like it's negative. It's not negative. It's perfectly tricks and that's finby sixteen original one. Yeah, you're where you're at.
Speaker 2: As a cyclist, and that's okay that you still have the training wheels on.
Speaker 1: You're on your journey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And on this journey you come upon a magic lamp where a genie comes out and says, Blake, you're a Philadelphia seventy six ers fan, would you take being in the lottery for the next eight seasons for a single title for Philadelphia next year?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, absolutely? Okay, how about wait, what how about for eight seasons and didn't get a title?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I would okay.
Speaker 3: Any team ever in the history of the NBA. I need you to further clarify this. How many years? How many years until the answer is no, of being in the lottery for a single title?
Speaker 1: Okay, I answer for Blake here, It'll be it's more than I would say, around twelve, maybe fifteen. I don't know if I would go above. I would go maybe fifteen years. I would deal with it for a title.
Speaker 3: Sorry, we need to bring a super producer Jabari on who is saying that as a Lakers fan, he would not trade a title for eight seasons of being in the lottery.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not from the same level, so you're talking. They just like say.
Speaker 3: They're like another title, we have those we don't have eight years, is it?
Speaker 4: It kind of does come down to that, like, and that's that wasn't even intended shade this is I would be I would be livid.
Speaker 1: If we were in a lottery for eight consecutive years.
Speaker 3: Do you know the song Uncommon People by Pulp? You know, That's what this sounds like to me. This is like somebody who's like a generationally wealthy person being like God, I would just I think it would be just so fun to like live like the rest.
Speaker 1: Of the NBA for eight years in a row. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I would rather not win the championship next year.
Speaker 1: If Jafari was a genie, he'd started off by saying, Hey, it looks like you need a wish.
Speaker 4: Why do I would say fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifteen, I would do fifteen seasons in the lottery for one title. That answer, I've never seen the win a title.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, nobody, nobody has nobody, has nobody spread.
Speaker 1: Alive? Has all? Right?
Speaker 3: The next question on the doc written by Jabari is give us your prediction on whether embiid remains in Philly long term plans and if not, where is he headed.
Speaker 1: We're gonna skip that one, blake.
Speaker 3: Someone's traveling to the Philadelphia area and does not want to get caught up in the tourist traps like Pats or Gino's. Where do they need to go for truly authentic Philadelphia meal?
Speaker 1: So I think I've recommended this before, but I stand by it. Bad Brother an amazing restaurant in Philly, right in the Fairmount neighborhood. So it's a cool thing in Philly where there's no zoning whatsoever.
Speaker 4: So you could live next to.
Speaker 1: Theme park for some like down city down the middle of the city. That's not what this is. This is a cute neighborhood. And then yeah, they have this amazing sandwich called a sausage roll. It's like peppers onions, trezo and peso on it.
Speaker 4: It's so no.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no. The treso is the sausage.
Speaker 4: So the link it's isso so.
Speaker 1: Like ground ground sausage.
Speaker 3: If you mispronounced that it's trees.
Speaker 4: It'sricho.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mike.
Speaker 1: Tries out brown sausage, my favorite sandwich.
Speaker 4: So it's crumbled, the meat is crumbled.
Speaker 1: Crumbled with I see, I see no links, no links. Great beer selection. They do these collabs with like local breweries, so they'll do tap takeovers and stuff. And but it's good breweries. It's not like, oh they're probably sponsor show. Hey, uh the love beer. Yeah, but it's it's fantastic. So that's in the Fairmount area and that would probably be my number one.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he I.
Speaker 1: Think he freaking did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he somehow got every single answer right by the fact that we disagreed with him in the moment.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you did it.
Speaker 2: And this is why I hate having him on because even when we try and set him up, he answers all the questions right just.
Speaker 3: Like boom boom boom. Anyway, we're talking about me, just now, sorry about Sorry, he's on.
Speaker 4: We can't stand at.
Speaker 3: The double neck bike of them bike.
Speaker 1: It is double decker. You picturing that we were behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when your feet coming keep hitting my ears, I'm like, yeah, it's the worst design machine.
Speaker 4: I've ever seen him.
Speaker 2: You know what Mom said, We got to ride the bike together because we are twins. Anyway, Blake Wexler, thank you so much for joining us on miles and check on Mad Boosties. You got a live show in Philly August first. You've got a special out Daddy long legs.
Speaker 1: The awareness of either of these things, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna I'm just gonna do the plugs for you. But what else.
Speaker 1: Assigned and all that? Uh yeah, thank you for plug those those are all true. I'm gonna be in Philly August first, at Blake Wexler on all social media, and then each year I raise money for the Eagles Autism Foundation by biking in this amazing charity ride. So you know, I know times are tough to people you know, may not have extra money to spend, but if you do, it's a great donation. So there's a donation link in my bio at Blake Wexler and all social media.
Speaker 2: You'd think that, like you know, Don Henley would have more money than he wouldn't have to raise stuff, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: That's an Eagles joke.
Speaker 1: That's an Eagles joke, folks.
Speaker 2: That's it for me, folks, I have to retire after that one.
Speaker 4: Sorry, my soul became nothing after that attempt at humor. You can find me at Miles of Great, Twitter and Blue Sky.
Speaker 3: I'm at Jack Underscore O'Brien, and then wisely on Blue Sky I've gone with Jack ob the number one dot dsky Wisely.
Speaker 4: Wisely, wisely smart.
Speaker 2: Follow the hashtag bad boosti's b w sd i e s for show links and updates, and be sure that's where you.
Speaker 4: Join the conversation. On Discord. Look for the hashtag. You'll find ways to enter the Discord servers to keep the combo going. That's going to do it for us this week. I might be doing it for us as the Laker fans, but who knows? Who knows? Stranger things have.
Speaker 2: Happened, and and very predictable things have also happened. Anyway, We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Bye,