Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jureel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois, here's.
Speaker 3: What I do want. You are urgeoning gambling problem.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, I've made two bets in the last two days.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 6: There are very few things in your life that I've said learn from my mistakes on and I've been wrong about. Take it from me on this one. This is a dangerous path you are walking. You're only betting with your friends, right. Yeah, Let's say you're great at it, it's gonna cost your friendship because eventually someone's not gonna pay. Let's say you're bad at it, It's gonna cost you a bunch of money. Let's say you're break even at it. That's probably the best case scenario. But then what's the point of doing it if you're just breaking even?
Speaker 3: Whoa?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm far from breaking even at this point. I'm like three hundred ninety dollars U s. Yeah, I haven't lost a bet.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, mark this tape, boys and girls, you know.
Speaker 5: With all that give it information you just give to Listen, why do you still bet?
Speaker 3: Do I have a gambling program?
Speaker 6: Welcome in episode fourteen of the What's Right with Nick Right podcast and YouTube show like rate, subscribeer, review, Please do all of those things or YouTube subscribers are growing.
Speaker 3: I don't get to see the podcast subscribers. I hope they're growing. Please subscribe on your favorite podcast platform. Also, by the way, on the podcast and.
Speaker 6: YouTube feeds, we're continuing every Sunday we release the latest and the fifty greatest players will last fifty years in NBA history, something I am oddly passionate about, as you will find out in just a moment. This week, one of the most polarizing players on the entire list comes out, So check that out this Sunday. Catch up over the weekend because we've already done players fifty through forty. But as we always do on the show, first we talk about what we are not actually talking about.
Speaker 3: So here's what is not on today's show. What is not on today's show is Jerry West being mad at HBO, Jay Wright eyeing the NBA or j R. Smith's four point zero gpa. But shout out to my buddy j R. Smith. I think that is such an awesome story.
Speaker 6: Also not on today's show is the ongoing to me non debate about is Kevin Durant a top ten all time player.
Speaker 3: That's not in today's show.
Speaker 6: However, I have been so enraged by so many of my colleagues flippantly calling him a top ten all time player when you simply it's an impossibility to make it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to do it again.
Speaker 6: I'm going to do it just for a second right here on the top of my head, just real quick, of all time. So you have Lebron, you have Fream, you have Michael, you have Magic, you have Wilt, you have Russell. That's six names. You have Duncan, you have Bird, you have Kobe. That's nine names. So to have Kevin Durant is top ten. That means no one else is on the list. Oh but wait, I haven't said Shaquille O'Neil, a Quima LaJuan. Oh my goodness. I haven't said doctor j. I haven't said Steph. I haven't said Yiannest. Oh my god, what am I gonna do here? So here's the here's the problem, guys. I gave fourteen names, and I say Katie's got to be ahead of five of them to be top ten, And twenty percent of the responses are some snarky version of dude. At least do the math right. If there's fourteen names for him to be top ten. He's only got to be ahead of four of them. And I'm like, these people can't even do single digit subtraction.
Speaker 3: What's fourteen minus four? It's ten? And then you add Kevin Durant. How many do you have?
Speaker 6: Oh, these people are so dumb. Ultimately, there is no away there. It does not exist. There's no way to put Durant in the top ten without removing.
Speaker 3: At a minimum.
Speaker 6: A Keem, Shack Bird, Kobe. You got to remove a doctor J. You have to remove three of those guys. Of those five guys, pick three to put Kevin Durant ahead of That's what you've got to do.
Speaker 3: Everyone will say doctor J immediately, Fine, give me the other two. You're gonna say a Keen.
Speaker 6: You'll be wrong, but fine, tell me the other one, Shaq, Kobe, Larry Bird, tell me nobody can do you.
Speaker 3: Know why this is not top ten? And then I'm gonna say something else.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna read your tweet I got from and I don't dislike this guy, Ben Dowset who has a verified check mark, And I'm going to read you as Twitter bio because it's relevant to the discussion. Bendl said, NBA words mostly at ESPN or five thirty eight. He tweets to me, I honestly stand in awe of your ability to constantly find the energy to care so much about such arbitrary irrelevant The guy is a writer about sports. All of this is irrelevant, arbitrary shit. So I responded to him, you're smart enough to see the irony in this tweet considering what we both do for a living. I mean, arbitrary irrelevant is literally what both of our careers are based on writing about. And he responds, Sure, but I think you're smart enough to realize there are degrees to this. Whether Katie is the ninth or fourteenth best player of all time is.
Speaker 3: Irrelevant, even in a world of irrelevant. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: You know, the very specific scenario in which someone is the ninth best or fourteenth best at something. If we if the question is are they in the top ten? That is the one situation where not only is it not irrelevant, it's actually the only relevant thing. If it is this person top ten, Oh, well they're ninth or their fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 6: I'll tell you who cares the person who asked the questions the top ten. Okay, now we can start the actual show. Demonse, when's the last time you heard me curse that much? Have you ever heard me curse that much during a Chiefs playoff loss? Maybe I've definitely heard you curse that much. It might not have been sports related, sports related, oh probably at you probably Demonse, high school related.
Speaker 3: Maybe. Okay, so what are we starting with today?
Speaker 4: Suns tate Game five against New Orleans. Yep, Mickel Bridges at Aden, have a big night.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: You've gone with Dallas to win the West Cows times five more times than you go with yok, it's.
Speaker 3: Not being the MVP.
Speaker 4: Do you realize that's how lucky they are to be playing the banged up Suns instead of the Grizzlies of the Warriors.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, they're not playing the Suns yet, and I want to talk about the Grizzlies in just second. But I do assume the Sons are going to beat the Pelicans. But folks, I went out on a limb and picked Dallas when Luca was already declared out for the beginning of the series with an injury. We knew the bracket, and I knew that Grizzlies Warriors were on the other side.
Speaker 3: Of the bracket.
Speaker 6: That's one of the reasons I picked Dallas. Another one of the reasons I picked Dallas and wasn't afraid of Phoenix was because of all the best teams in basketball, the one with the biggest injury risk is the one who's best players thirty six years old and Chris Paul. Now he's not the one who got hurt. Devin Booker is the one who got hurt. But Chris Paul is always an injury risk. So no, I'm not going to have any shame in the fact that I had the courage to stick with Dallas from six weeks ago, even after Luca got hurt. And what we are seeing is as I told you, Luke is an all time playoff performer. Tonight, when you guys see the game when they beat you all, what's an average Luca game, Well, he literally averages thirty four to nine and nine for his playoff career. So I think I don't know tonight close out game, probably thirty six, eleven and eight is about what I would anticipate for him. He's the best player on his side of the bracket. He is the best player in the Western Conference playoffs. He's better than step. He's better than Jaw. But I do want to say something about Jaw because I believe the Grizzlies are going to close out the Timberwolves. Job was obviously unbelievable in the closing minutes against the Timberwolves on Tuesday night, scored thirteen straight points, had one of the greatest dunks we've ever seen. I before the playoffs picked the Grizzlies to beat the Warriors in that series. I would be lying if I said I feel better about Memphis today than beforehand, because they have looked shaky against the Timberwolves and the Warriors have looked phenomenal. With that said, the Warriors are playing a team that is drawing dead in Denver. That's not about Yokics. They are just flatly drawing dead. And the other piece of that is, in my estimation that the Warriors maybe I underrated them a.
Speaker 3: Bit because they hadn't been healthy all year.
Speaker 6: There is a chance the Warriors are the best team in the West, even though Dallas has the best player in the West. But I think Memphis is going to present some issues for Golden State because of their youth and their athleticism and just the kind of frenetic style they play, So I think that series is going to be a war. I think Dallas is going to beat Phoenix. No, I'm not backing down at all, and I'm not at all going to apologize that I had the foresight to believe in Luka Doncic when no one else wanted to.
Speaker 3: Again, by the way, I told you this. I think I told you this.
Speaker 6: I bet before the playoffs at sixty five to one, Bucks over mAbs in the finals and exact NBA finals of the Buckser champions they beat the Mavericks. I right now, if you ask me what I think the finals, what's going to happen? I would say Bucks over MAVs. Okay, all right, what's next month?
Speaker 4: Philly in danger of blown a three to zero lead to Toronto in Game six on Thursday. They got a lot of decisions to make. With hard enough for an extension yep, and bid is now injured for a second playoff, playoff season or whatever playoff.
Speaker 3: Run in a row.
Speaker 4: What does Philly need to do to prove that Harden Maxi and Embiid is worth building around.
Speaker 6: Okay, first of all, let me talk about the stakes in Game six for a moment, because everybody knows no one has ever blown a three to zero lead in NBA playoff history. Doc Rivers blown three separate three one leads, but no one's ever blown a three oh league. But it's more dramatically, there have only been three teams ever up three to zero that they even had to play a game separate, and one of them is the nineteen fifty one Rochester Royals. It happened once in nineteen fifty and once in the mid nineties, and once in the early two thousands. So down oh three, not only does no one ever win, typically you don't ever even get to a game seven. So the fact that Philly is now on the road in Toronto for a Game six with no Maxi within this is.
Speaker 5: Scary, legit scary.
Speaker 6: Like I expected Philly to potentially lose Game four, they go three to zero, they relax, they have a couple of days off, they're partying in Canada. But then Game five is when you in the series. You're back home, you're incentivized to make sure you'll off to get another plane, take another trip. And not only they lose, they got blown out. So yeah, if they were to lose this series.
Speaker 3: Then it is. The shock waves of it will be felt for years. Like Doc will obviously lose his job. I don't know what they do with Hard, and.
Speaker 6: Like the whole thing if they lose Game six, I would argue the game seven in Philly Become was the single most pressurized Round one game in NBA.
Speaker 5: History for Rivers, especially.
Speaker 3: For everyone involved. You will never get over the stink of an three blowing three zero leads, especially when you have arguably the MVP on your team and the other team it's Scotty Barnes as a rookie, Fredman Bleeds who didn't even play in game five.
Speaker 6: The whole thing is a mess. Sorry, my phone's broken. It's making noise. I don't know if the MIC's pick that up. But to answer the direct question, I don't I think Phillies have. Let's just assume they don't have the most catastrophic collapse.
Speaker 3: In NBA history.
Speaker 6: Embiids obviously locked up max Is on his rookie deal, and you didn't trade all that stuff for Harden to not re sign Hard, so like that is going to be.
Speaker 3: Their trio moving forward. There are real questions about what level of player Harden is anymore.
Speaker 6: You just can't seem to get past people anymore. And that's concerning. But the idea that Daryl Morey Hardens, one of his all time favorite players, was with him in Houston, Darryl Moore is going to sign hard in whatever contract Harden demands this offseason.
Speaker 3: Is that going to be a good contract in four years? No? Will it be a good contract next year?
Speaker 6: Philly would be banking on it, but they got to get through Toronto. But they're not showing me right now. I picked them to beat Miami in round two. Miami the other night just beat Atlanta with no Jimmy Butler. They handled Atlanta in five. All right, what's next? Nope, we're taking before a game five of Bugs Bulls. Yep, assuming they win the series. Yeah, Milwaukee's got Boston next. Yeah, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I think we can make that beneficial now, by the way, Oh okay, yeah, especially with Middleton being banged up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So let's just hold on. So let's just stop here.
Speaker 6: So you want to make a buck Celtics banc Demonde's a Celtics fan.
Speaker 3: Celtics and six Celtics and six That's what.
Speaker 4: I'm going with if it goes to a game seven, I do give you if it goes to game seven.
Speaker 5: I want to make that like a little side barkway.
Speaker 3: Those the game seven. I give it to mok if but you know, well that's what Game seven would be in Boston.
Speaker 6: So you're saying that the Celtics win win in six. We again, you're trying to you want to gamble with me on this. I don't think it's a good idea. I understand Middleton's out. I also, so what do you want to bet? Let's let's figure out the bet. Then I'll tell give my opinion on the series, because there need to be real stakes in.
Speaker 5: Celtics and six. So I give you one hundred and fifty bucks. See can I actually you know what? I give you one fifty, you give me five.
Speaker 6: I'm not giving you three to one odds on what is a coin flip series in Vegas.
Speaker 3: See here's the deal, buddy.
Speaker 6: We don't need betting money between us is not a good idea because it's just naturally going to be more painful for you than for me. There needs to be some reputational thing involved. There needs to be something either that we do on the show something the viewers and listeners some embarrassment for me or embarrassment for you.
Speaker 3: That's what the bet needs to be about.
Speaker 6: So I I have some ideas on what we could do here, because you're a Celtics fan and I've said you honest and the Bucks are going to win the title. Money is not the right answer, Okay, it's not a financial wager that.
Speaker 3: We need to make. What we need to make is a reputational wager. Okay.
Speaker 6: If Boston wins the series, I will let you run my Twitter account for a day. Okay, okay if the cel If the Bucks win the series, I get to pick five.
Speaker 3: Pictures of you with no say from you, to put on this show.
Speaker 5: Is that a bet?
Speaker 3: Is that a bet? Oh? God? Yeah? That's locked in there.
Speaker 6: We go, all right, I've got the Bucks, You've got the Celtics. I think Giannis is good. You know who's going to be a low key loser of Bucks Celtics if the Bucks win, Kevin Duran Because if the Celtics defense, that's Steiny kd for four games and swept them.
Speaker 3: If Jiannis has his way with them.
Speaker 6: Right, that's a problem. All right, we have a clock if you're watching on YouTube. We only have thirty seconds left, but we're gonna almost hit the clock.
Speaker 3: Give me the last question.
Speaker 5: Shams reported.
Speaker 4: Ben Simmons told the Nets he has a mental block after the last postseason. Ye says the mental block stress affected his back injury. Yes, mental health is obviously a very serious issue. We don't know what's up for Ben Simmons, obviously, But is it okay to criticize him anymore?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I don't need a lot of time here. I need maybe we'll go over time by one minute. So I set on this show on other platforms that I thought Ben's back injury was. I think the term is psychosomatic, and that doesn't mean it's not real. It's the same way stress can cause ulcers, stress can cause back Then I believed his back was hurting without ever suffering a physical back injury. I think it was the stress of the moment. Here is why you can empathize with Ben Simmons but also be critical of Ben Simmons. The basketball part of being a performer, whether it's sports, theater, acting, stand up comic, is the stress and anxiety of performing in front of crowds and being able to perform despite the right. So it is yes, you can, you can empathize with someone who is dealing with legitimate mental health or stress and anxiety struggles, but also recognize that in we always like to say, you know, we need to do a better job of treating you know, mental injury or mental trauma the way we do trauma to the body. But that correct the same way we give guys in sports more credit if they can, if they are can play through an ankle injury that someone else couldn't. A lot of these guys are under massive pressure. A lot of these guys are in their massive stress. And when it comes to Ben Simmons the basketball player, his inability it would appear to handle that makes him a worse basketball player. It's not an indictment on him as a human being, but it is absolutely fair to say part of being a professional athlete is being able to deal with the expectations, the pressure, the crowds, all of it and still perform your best. If you can't do that, that makes you a lesser professional athlete. That is not attacking someone for going through mental health struggles. That is recognizing what any type of live performance is.
Speaker 5: He's got a lot of time.
Speaker 6: He's gotten a lot of time, and at this point I do worry he's his own worst enemy on it, and I feel badly for Ben Simmons the person, But Ben Simmons the basketball player is it's absolutely fair to say, just like I feel like in the Celtics Nets series, at some point the pressure got to KD a bit.
Speaker 3: That's a mental thing. The in the MAVs.
Speaker 6: Heat series, when Lebron melted it down, clearly the pressure got to it. Part of being great is overcoming that. Right now, Ben is having issues with that. That's about him the basketball player, not him the human being.
Speaker 3: We'll be right.
Speaker 6: There, all right, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Podcast segment number two of episode number fourteen. For those of you charting the show segment by segment, episode by episode, which is absolutely no one. All right, Demon's now time for two rowng's in one. Right, We're gonna get right into it.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Most likely been traded the far next show, Deebo, Samuel Yeah, Baker Mayfield or Darren Waller.
Speaker 6: Okay, so Darren Waller is the outstanding Raiders tight end who all of a sudden popped up in some trade rumors.
Speaker 3: We've already talked about Debo.
Speaker 6: So the draft is by the time you guys are hearing or seeing this, the draft is today. It's Thursday. I guess maybe it's yesterday opening when you're watching it, but the draft is today. The draft is going to determine Baker's destiny. So my guess is none of these guys are traded in the next ninety six hours. But if one of them is, my answers Baker because somebody is going to end up targeting a quarterback, not getting it, and then deciding, Okay, we need you know what I mean, Baker Mayfield's our best option.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 6: The Niners are gonna flinch on Deebo and the Darren Waller things seemed to kind of come out out of whole claw, Like I'm not certain that the Raiders are. They just added Devonte Adams, they are trying to compete with Kansas City that I don't think all of a sudden they're gonna get rid of one of their the guy who last year I felt was their most dynamic offensive weapon. And the Niners, I think they and Deebo will end up coming to terms on something. Maybe I'm wrong, Listen, maybe Deevo's trade a draft day, but I don't think the Niners are in the right now in the business when they're going to be starting not a rookie quarterback but essentially a rookie quarterback, and Trey Lance getting rid of their most dynamic offensive weapon. Baker, we know is not going to be a Brown, So to me, he's the best, the best answer, the most likely answer.
Speaker 3: All right, what's an ex sense we draft strategy? You agree with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, always trade down, yep, don't draft a running back in round one or never drafting a mid round quarterback.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: The way quarterbacks are drafted is so patently illogical, and I'm this is gonna We're gonna spend half the segment on this question. Okay, So here's the deal. Go back in every draft that we've had for thirty years, and here is what is true. If you went and redid the draft, every single quarterback that worked out, no matter where they were drafted, would be the first pick, the second pick, the third pick. How if you went if ten years after a draft there were three franchise quarterbacks from the draft and you're like, hey, go redraft it doesn't matter if a Hall of Fame left tackle for Jalen Ramsey or who is in that draft you went to redraft it with hindsight being twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: First, the best.
Speaker 6: Quarterback can go first, the second best quarterback go second, the third best quarterback go third, and.
Speaker 3: Then you'd get to everyone else.
Speaker 6: So that brings that is just a pure fact of the matter. You go to Patrick Mahomes's draft, it's quite simple. Patrick Mahomes would go one, Deshaun Watson would go too, and then we would get to the non quarterbacks. If you went to Baker Mayfield draft, for instance, Josh Allen would go one. Lamar Jackson would go to Baker Mayfield for all his flaws would go three, and then we would get to all the other players. Because a franchise quarterback is so much more valuable than everybody else. So why do I bring that up? Because this time of year you hear teams or reports from teams say this, which makes no sense when it comes to quarterback. Oh, well, they wouldn't draft him in the top five, but if he falls to twenty, they might want They might trade back into get him if he's a success. If he's the right pick at twenty. He would have been the right pick at one unless there was another quarterback better than him. So that's first point, like the idea that there is such a thing as a quarterback that five years after the draft, it's going to be like, oh, glad we didn't spend the fourth pick on him. But it's real, we spent the fourteenth pick on him. That player has never existed.
Speaker 3: It's a myth.
Speaker 6: Okay, So there's that. Then there's the mid round quarterback party. I can be like, oh, Russell Wilson's a mid round quarterback. Yeah, I understand people missed on him. He went back and redid Russell Wilson draft. He would go number one overall, Andrew Luck would go number two overall.
Speaker 3: But set that aside.
Speaker 6: These teams that spin picks in the second and third round, where you can get starters, you expect to get starters at every position on the field, except for quarterback, where it's like, oh no, no, we're drafting him as a project. We think maybe he can be a backup. That is a wasted pick. If I was running a team, here's my rule for the GM. There are only two spots that you're allowed to draft a quarterback in the top ten or sixth round or later flyer picks.
Speaker 3: Another draft rule I would have by the way, people might say, oh, so you wouldn't have drafted Lamar at thirty two. No, if I weren't, No, what I would have said is, guys, let's be honest, Baltimore missed on Lamar Jackson too.
Speaker 6: You know why because they waited until the thirty second pick to trade up and get up. Didn't They had no idea.
Speaker 3: You can be like, oh, it's less risky. No, no, no, if they know what they knew now, if they were that much confidence in their convictions, they'd have ensured they got him by moving up earlier. But here's another draft rule I have.
Speaker 6: Sixth and seventh round picks are exclusively for the following things, the single best specialists in the draft. So kickers and punters are to meet undervalue in the draft. Punters sometimes we have whole drafts no punters get drafted. Punting's wildly valuable.
Speaker 3: So it's for that.
Speaker 6: Flyers on quarterbacks and guys who've been arrested or in so, guys who you should save all of your end of the draft picks for guys with a plus upside that might never make it in the league, or specialists. So a guy who's been arrested, a guy who popped his achilles and hadn't been helpy in two years. That's how you do the end of the draft, the beginning of the draft. I explained it again. Nobody's gonna let me run a team. I don't even really want to run anything. Doesn't sound that I'd love to runn an NBA team, NFL team doesn't sound that fun. But I could help half the league in the draft room. All right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Ky Irving said a lot of things in his end of the season press conference. Which statement of his is true. He'll resign with Brooklyn, he'll help manage the franchise, or he's not focused on individual achievements and advocates.
Speaker 6: Oh, I actually believe the first, And you know what, I think these are all true. I think he is resigning with Brooklyn. I think they are gonna let him help manage the franchise. And I don't think he's worried about his individual.
Speaker 5: Achievements on the show.
Speaker 3: I actually believe Kyrie on all those things. But it is that shit crazy of the Nets to let him help manage the franchise. Kyrie Irving just had the worst year of his professional career. He was barely available.
Speaker 6: To play much less than anything else, and he surveyed the landscape after the worst year's professional career, was like, I've decided I.
Speaker 3: Deserve a raise and a promotion. It's insane. Man.
Speaker 6: Keep in mind, when he got to Brooklyn, they had a good head coach in Kenny Atkinson. He and Katie didn't like him, even though Katie wasn't even playing that year. They forced Atkinson out. One of the reasons they didn't like him was because Atkinson had the audacity to want to play Jared Allen over fossilized DeAndre Jordan. They're like, oh, you listen, you gotta roll with DeAndre. So they get Atkinson out. They then hire Nash and Kate. Kyrie was on that podcast with Kadi and says, uh, we don't really have a head I can be the coach.
Speaker 3: You can be the coach.
Speaker 6: So Kyrie one year into his tenure elevated himself to assistant head coach. Three years into his tenure, after one of the main reasons Harden soured on the team, was Kyrie not being there and that nonsense. Kyrie's on my lack of continuity within the roster, like he's not the biggest reason for it. And then he's like, you know what, I've decided I should help build the ross. It's insane, man, these these it's just totally insane behavior.
Speaker 3: And I think the nets are gonna let him do it. I think the nets are gonna let him do it. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: There's so many shows about the eighties Lakers, either on TV or coming out soon. Pick a current team that deserves their own winning time.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's great, and I'm really glad that happened because so that's not what the rundown says here. And that's because Demonse just made a grievous error and Demons, no, no, no, keep that class going.
Speaker 3: We're gonna keep rolling, guys. No no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: This is how we learn. And I told Demonse this moment what happened. You know, he and I used to have a little routine before the show. We'd go over the rundown together whatever it is. Tomansie. Now a few weeks in he's like, don't even need to rehearse it. I'm right, I'm rolling, let's go, And he didn't recognize we made a little adjustment, a minor rundown adjustment, buddy, And so we took that question out and we replaced it with who wins an all time dunk contest? Vince Carter, Dominique Wilkins or Jah Morant. You can put that in there and.
Speaker 3: I'll give the answer.
Speaker 5: What's so?
Speaker 4: Did I not ask you if there were any tweaks when I was up here? While I was writing the rundown?
Speaker 5: I was like, is there anything? And You're like, no, it's all as is?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I thought, yes, you did ask me that it was all as is. It was in that moment, all this I didn't know the last time you had seen it. This tweak was made four hours ago, Pale, So you lit'st okay?
Speaker 5: So maybe I take my phone up.
Speaker 3: Your phone My phone did refresh.
Speaker 6: Oh well, blame the technology, Steve Jobs, Damn you and I phone. But the answers men's Carter, Ben's Carter had the single greatest dunk contest ever.
Speaker 3: He's the greatest dunker ever. This is not up for debate, Okay, last one assuming we're on the same pageret.
Speaker 5: I believe it's the La Rams the winning.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, good to know.
Speaker 4: This is the first time in seventeen years Durant and Lebron haven't been in the second round of the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. What about it?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, nothing, just you're going to ask the question though, so again, there you go, that's the question. Yeah, Rundown.
Speaker 6: The best thing about two thousand and five was LimeWire Larry Johnson or my youth.
Speaker 3: Do you know what LimeWire is?
Speaker 5: It's like it's like a software, right, do you know what?
Speaker 3: Do you know back in my day? What was used for the No, this is how we had to download music. Okay, it was like napster. Do you know what napster is?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: See, he's so young, so young and dumb. The the the we.
Speaker 6: Used to have to get pirated music via LimeWire or napster. I wasn't a big music guy. He is listening to sports talk radio. Larry Johnson was the Chiefs running back in five. Larry Johnson was awesome for a few years.
Speaker 3: He is now.
Speaker 6: You want to see a crazy twitter feed? Check Larry Johnson's Twitter feed. Oh boy, he got toxic Internet, bring bad. And then the best thing about five my youth. So five was my sophomore year at Syracuse. That was good times, Hughes, Well, yeah, you were seven. I was sophomore at Syracuse.
Speaker 3: Those are good times.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say the best thing about two thousand and five was my youth. And the best thing about this segment was Demons realizing maybe I got over my skis a bit in the pre show prep.
Speaker 3: Maybe I need to dial it back to how we had been doing it.
Speaker 5: Hey, listen, that question's actually on the rundown. What questions?
Speaker 4: Actually y the last thing about two thousand and five. But I was assuming this is the first time, and you were gonna like go off about that.
Speaker 5: You know, I have like a little brand.
Speaker 3: Keep your excuses to yourself. We'll be right back. Are you ready to go? Pal? How are you feeling? Oh jeez, how are you feeling? Feeling a bit.
Speaker 5: Block?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right?
Speaker 6: Well, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right podcast YouTube show listen. A lot of people have said the breakout star of this show has been Young Demonse, and like as many people are learning like Trey Young this year's playoffs sometimes after your greatest highs come your lowest lows.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh damn, I got a ways to go.
Speaker 6: So you're learning here and now you're going to learn a little more because you also off the air become more active on Twitter, which I have endorsed until I saw this tweet from very recently from one Demnse at Demonse Bird if you would like to follow him. That reads people are saying job dunk is the best in playoff history. I say it's Kevin Johnson baseline over a team that's from Jimmy Baker.
Speaker 3: Demanse writes.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming you're saying that because it was over a Keeme having no prior knowledge to who a cheme is. Just looking at the two dunks, John Morants is better.
Speaker 3: Demanza, what's the problem we lived in?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 4: No, exactly, I knew people were going to think that I was saying that I had no prior knowledge to a Kim Elijah on is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's what's You're wrong.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm saying like, if you're a person that has no prior knowledge to who Akeem Olaijauan is, you look at Ja Moran's dunk and you look at the Larry Johnson one and you're like, Ja Morance is way better. But am Olajuan was known for being that guy in the post defensively and all that stuff. But if you don't know that and you look at the Ja Morant dunk, you're like, Okay, like this one looks much better.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: That's not saying that I don't know who Akeem Elijahan is.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, that defense, that defense is semi believable. It's undercut a bit by the fact that.
Speaker 4: Would pull up to lifetime when I was at the gym practice.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's one of the reasons I was so dismayed by your lack of knowledge about him. However, a few few things we got to dig in on. First of all, it was not the Larry Johnson dunk. It was the Kevin Johnson. Kevin Johnson, Larry Johnson, Schmary Johnson. Okay, that's fine, I know who you want, Okay, So that I do feel better because I was. I was, you know, I wasn't even mad at you. I was disappointed in myself. If you didn't know who Akiem Olaje is, you know, the greatest defensive player in NBA.
Speaker 3: History, all time leader in blocks, all time all time leader, and steals by a big man, all that stuff.
Speaker 6: But however, this is another lesson, not just in broadcasting, but in social media.
Speaker 3: It is the job. If someone misinterprets a tweet, that is the fault of the tweeter. If someone missed, if if if you, if anyone writes something, or if I say something on elevision and afterwards, I'm like, man, everyone is misunderstanding what I said.
Speaker 5: I didn't see it.
Speaker 6: So your tweet did appear as if you were saying having no idea, who the hell of chemolage one is?
Speaker 3: I like the job morandom? And so maybe again, this is all learning.
Speaker 6: This is learning on the fly in front of you know, a big national audience, you know, alongside America's most beloved sportscaster. So there's a lot. There's a lot here. But okay, I'm I'm glad. Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Do you know who this personal my shirt is?
Speaker 5: Uh? That's okay, thank god?
Speaker 6: All right, we were gonna buy the way we were a one more pause of the hesitation away from posting this position for afters.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week.