Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Yo.
Speaker 1: Jess to be here in the second, Charlemagne to be here in the second.
Speaker 3: Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? Day ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Yes, it's Wednesday.
Speaker 1: His hump day is middle of the week, and it's one of those mornings. I'm not even gona front. The whole gang is late and I just walked in. I don't know what their excuses. I think Charlomagne might have overslapt I know, I think Jess couldn't find her car keys. But for myself, it's them damn puppies I just purchased.
Speaker 3: The dogs are get you lay yo. Them dogs are kicking my ass. Now.
Speaker 1: You know, I haven't had a puppy in a long time, probably since I was a kid.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: My last dog, Chuck Norris, who I still have. I bought the dog as an adult. He was house trained, He went outside in the woods. There was not really much to do. He didn't chew up furniture. Not these puppies. These puppies talk and wine all night.
Speaker 3: I know what you're thinking. They me their puppies.
Speaker 1: Yes, Then when I wake up, you know, they had a little accident in their crate, which is not a problem. I cleaned it up, so I put them on the porch right fast while I cleaned it up. Then when I go back to get them, there's poop on the porch.
Speaker 3: That's like two days in a row, now, yes, So.
Speaker 1: Then I gotta clean up the poop, put them back in, make sure that they're bathed in their hand. They you know they paws are clean because I'm walking them back in the house and that just now I'm running for time.
Speaker 3: And that's such a tough thing to do at like three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, three in the morning, you're trying to be quiet. The whole house is sleeping. But nah, be today, I'm getting a dog run. I'm gonna build a dog run. So I'm going to track the supply. I'm a building and I'm gonna put them out there for a little bit because this is getting a lot, but loot to anybody that has a puppy and know this pain. But it's fun, man, seeing the kids just enjoy the puppy and play with the puppies.
Speaker 3: It's like everything. But I shouldn't have just got one.
Speaker 1: My wife wanted to and yeah, whatever wife wants, wife gets its. Two girls, two sisters, two girls, yes, two girls. All right, Well, let's get the show cracking now. Like I said, the gang will be here in the second But we have Mara brock a Kill joining us this morning. She's, of course a television producer. She has written on the Jamie Fox Show. She has done being Mary Jane, the Game Friends, so many different things that we're gonna talk to us. She has a new show on Netflix call Forever, so we'll talk about her. And that's from Judy Bloom's book. I'm not sure what the name of it. I'm not a Judy Bloom fan. Charlemagne is Charlamage will be cursing me out right now, but yes, based off of Judy Bloom book, and we'll be talking to her. And also Lyncia KABETI I'm saying that wrong, but I'm trying. She is the first black actress to play in Wicked Alphaba, so she plays Alphable and Wicked. What I said, girlfriends, I said friends, I'm sorry, girlfriends. As sim walks in.
Speaker 3: Head and corrects me.
Speaker 1: Yes, she did girlfriends, all right, yeah so and also she, like I said, Lincia, she was the first black assress to play Alphaba on Broadway, so we'll talk to her. I got the chance to take the kids to see that and it was amazing. All right, let's get the show cracking. We got front page News. Morgan to be joining us, and don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning, let's go morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It's j n V.
Speaker 1: Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some front page news. Good morning Morgan.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey MV. So look, you know you'd like to start with sports. So you heard about what happened with New York.
Speaker 3: Knicks coach, Yes, time, Tabvideaux.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he got fired after five seasons.
Speaker 5: So the team announced on Tuesday that Thibadeaux led the New York to its first Eastern Conference Finals appearance this year for the first time, of course, since nineteen ninety nine in the two thousand season. From nine nine to two thousands, in his five seasons with the Knixt, he won two hundred and twenty six regular season games, and the team went twenty four and twenty three and four postseason appearances. Now, the twenty twenty one NBA Coach of the Year led the next to consecutive fifty plus win seasons for its first time since.
Speaker 6: The nineteen nineties.
Speaker 5: Now Tobadeaux has been an NBA coach since twenty ten, between New York the Bulls, Chicago Bulls, and the Minnesota Timberwolf.
Speaker 6: So what do you think about this move?
Speaker 3: I think it was needed. Although Thibodeaux was probably.
Speaker 1: The most winning as coach since nineteen ninety nine, I just felt like there was a lot of things that he did that he was exposed during these playoffs that I think should have been handled a lot better. For instance, the first game versus the Paces, I mean, we were up fourteen with like what a minute and change left, There's no way we lose that game.
Speaker 3: People have been real critical of the fact that he plays his players a lot.
Speaker 1: His players get a lot of up minutes and a lot of times that runs the players down. They don't have enough energy to close out. So he's been they criticized him a lot. So I don't know who they bring in Thibodeau, like I said he was winning his coaches nineteen ninety nine. He got us further than any coach has got us. So we'll see what the knicks happens to as far as who's next.
Speaker 6: All right, the building blocks, we love to hear it.
Speaker 5: Moving on, So Elon musks criticism of President Trump so called one big Beautiful Bill is being downplayed by the White House. Yesterday, in multiple posts on X, Musk said quote, I am sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore. This massive, outrageous pork Field Congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination.
Speaker 6: Shame on those who voted for it. You know you did wrong. You know it now.
Speaker 5: He went on to post that it will massively increase the already gigantic budget deficit to two point five trillion, and he also said it will American It will burden American citizens with crushingly unsustainable debt, and he went on to add that Congress is making America bankrupt.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: White House Press Secretary Caroline Leavitt addressed the criticism during a briefing, and here's what she had to say. Look, the President already knows where Elon Musk stood on this bill.
Speaker 7: It doesn't change the President's opinion.
Speaker 3: This is one big beautiful bill and he's sticking to it.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 5: House Speaker Mike Johnson says, Elon musk criticism of the Republican Party's massive tax cuts and spending bill is very disappointing and terribly wrong.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: Johnson's shared that he spoke with the tech billionaire on Monday. Until reporters Elon is missing it, but he noted that it's not personal now. Mus's criticism also comes just days after his White House departure as a special government employee for DOZE Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, not all.
Speaker 5: Senate Republicans are on board with Trump's so called one big beautiful bill as well. Marjorie Taylor Green posted on x that she didn't know about the part of the bill that strips the state's rights to make laws or regulate AI for ten years, adding that she is adamantly opposed of that because we have no idea what AI will be capable of in the next ten years. Now, Kentucky Senator Ran Paul says he's a no unless the bill is changed to cut down the deficit.
Speaker 4: More.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 3: You know, I think there are three or four of us.
Speaker 10: If there are four of us who wanted it to be more fiscally conservative, I think we can reduce the spending levels and perhaps separate out the debt ceiling as well. But it takes four people with courage, and four people with courage can make the bill into anything we wanted to.
Speaker 5: He also posted on x that we can and must do better, and Utah Senator, also Republican, Mike Lee wrote, the Senate must make this bill better again. The multi trillion dollar tax and spending package narrowly pass the House and Senate and is taking and the Senate is taking up the measure this week, where Republicans can only afford to lose three votes.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Trump went after Paul on social media, posting that he has very little understanding of the bill.
Speaker 6: Democrats say the bill cuts.
Speaker 5: Medicaid and other social safety nets by billions of dollars, and Republicans are saying there are much needed reforms to the bill and that it will cut the deficit. Of course, we the American people are waiting to see what Congress is going to do. There's a projected July fourth deadline to get this measure passed and on the president's desk.
Speaker 1: So I do like the fact that he did check the president, or he's not I shouldn't say checked the president. But he's going against the president, right because everybody's saying everybody on the president's team rides with him and dies with him, and whatever he says goes.
Speaker 3: And he's saying, I don't like this bill.
Speaker 1: And it's weird that he's not riding for the bill because it seems like the bill is beneficial to a lot of millionaires and billionaires.
Speaker 3: So the fact that he's saying he doesn't like the bill, it.
Speaker 1: Makes me smile a little bit because he's going he's going against what people are assuming or think that he would go forward.
Speaker 5: He just spent one hundred and thirty days, you know, thinking that he's just rooted out waste, brought and abuse. So I'm sure he felt like he wasted his time, that's right, you know. So, but uh, that's your six am front page news. At seven am, we'll talk about what's happening with Ice.
Speaker 1: So stick around all right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open again eight hundred five eight five one oh five one in the gang will be here in the second. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 11: Who's this?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 12: Good morning dj MV. This is up to meet the y'all residents.
Speaker 3: What's y'all? What's up? Happy pride to mek.
Speaker 7: A, happy Pride, Happy all my people?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 12: I just wanted to call you guys and get off my chest that I'm changing my schedule and.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna be able to highlight y'all no more. How you gonna do that to us? Why are you changing your schedule?
Speaker 12: Well, you know they're getting rid of the term shifts, So you know, I'm gonna go work on a second because I can't mess with that first shipt. They be snitching too much.
Speaker 3: They be snitching on you too much.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they be snitching on adbody, not just me.
Speaker 7: You gonna get a little bit more sleep though, yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 12: And i'mna be able to rub on my baby that night. Hey all, tonight in a bit. So that's the greatest thing about it. Shout out to my girl for being beautiful.
Speaker 7: I know that that's happening for you doing to go ahead, go on, what you do for pride?
Speaker 3: Do you do something special for pride?
Speaker 4: Mon?
Speaker 12: I'm pretty you know I'm an old uh suh, you know I'm This is my birthday month, so I'll be turning forty three this month.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm just.
Speaker 12: Gonna celebrate my birthday and my girl taking me to go see Bernard Duran tonight.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna have some fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, enjoy and uh we speak to you soon. You better call us before your last day.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna try to one try to, but shout out to y'all. I love y'all, and y'all have a beautiful day y'all.
Speaker 3: YouTube. Now, Hello, who's this man?
Speaker 11: What's up? Y'all?
Speaker 4: This is your dingo? What's going on?
Speaker 11: Breakfast going up?
Speaker 3: Dingo?
Speaker 13: Was up?
Speaker 4: You know? Morning?
Speaker 3: Morning? Morning?
Speaker 4: Who that lawyer? Yes, hey lord, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Mama?
Speaker 11: Excellent?
Speaker 4: Actual? And actually where where the Charlo man and jests?
Speaker 3: They're here now?
Speaker 1: They be there in the second ad they little late this morning we was all a little late this.
Speaker 4: Morning, August they bogus. It's all good.
Speaker 11: This one's for you too.
Speaker 4: Any anyway, Envy, shame on you for agreeing with this firing of Tom Tips, one of the best coaches the NBA has right now. It was not coaching. It was the players and Carl Anthony Towns making stupid files, really with a whole your whole squad, making silly foles, stupid mistakes, and just it was not It was not coaching. Tom Tibledeau was solid. He was a great coach for the Bulls, great coach for the next probably one of the best coach to mix up and had, and firing him is putting y'all in the wrong direction.
Speaker 3: I disagree. You know you would agree.
Speaker 1: The first game in the place is you believed we up fourteen with a minute and change left, we're supposed to lose that, love.
Speaker 4: Y'ah shouldn't have lost that. But it wasn't coaching.
Speaker 1: That was definitely. That was definitely coach. You can't blame cat for fourteen points. And then also the fact that he plays the player is the most in the league, and the players seemed like they burned down at the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: You don't think that's strange.
Speaker 4: Either, Okay, but you don't think your bench could have picked up the slack.
Speaker 1: I think if the bench was was was played the right way, I think they would definitely help. I mean, you look at the last couple of games. A lot of the players on the bench I don't even know their names. Until last couple of games, I'd been.
Speaker 3: Like, who the hell is that?
Speaker 7: Who is that?
Speaker 3: I mean, because they just never played. But you know, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Like this is crazy. It's not gonna get y'all back into the finals. So I guess, man, But yeah, I just don't think. I don't agree with this fire. Our respect him. He was a great coach for balls. He got your coach for the Knicks. I just thought they this is a good movie for the next play. Now that that's all I wanted to say.
Speaker 1: Man, all right, brother, we'll have a good one. You get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. The gang is a little late Lawrence here, we're holding it down.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Right right?
Speaker 12: Ray Yo, Charlotte, man Yamsey.
Speaker 9: What up are we losing.
Speaker 11: This is your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: I got an indoor pool, door pool.
Speaker 11: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 12: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 7: We lie.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this d they envy?
Speaker 4: That's the Stacy, the one who brung up the cupcakes for you.
Speaker 3: Hey, happy Pride?
Speaker 4: What wait? Why you said that to me?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you just say the happy pride and your cupcakes. The craziest sayings like swallow right now, cupcake and oh god it and eat it from the back right now cupcake?
Speaker 9: Right So wait, DJ MVY, I have one question.
Speaker 4: Yes, how did y'all like it? I didn't get any seed.
Speaker 1: Back from y'all, so if you're just joining on, Stacey actually brought us a bunch of cupcakes with the wildest names ever, and the cupcakes were amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie them bringing home.
Speaker 12: That's what I was waiting for m V.
Speaker 4: Like, what the Oh sorry, I can't curse?
Speaker 9: Oh no, thank you, MV. I was waiting for y'all to wait. Let me just tell you real quick.
Speaker 4: I've been so blessed thanks. I've been on a gruffic club.
Speaker 9: You know, people come up to like me and be like, yo, you're like Bruffis Club Stacey, So yo, thank you so much for giving me that opportunity to meet y'all.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize how cool you was, and I didn't realize how short Charlemagne was.
Speaker 1: That's that's what people usually say. But your cupcakes have like one of them had a little liquor in it. So I was scared to bring it home because I didn't want the kids to take the one with the liquor in it, and then I'd be on the news and then I gotta blame Stacy.
Speaker 4: Right see.
Speaker 9: But that's why I explained all the flavors to y'all.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 9: I'm so mad that she wasn't this cupcakes.
Speaker 6: I'm so mad.
Speaker 5: So you're gonna come back up. You're gonna spend the ben come back up here. I need to meet you too.
Speaker 3: I will just let me know.
Speaker 7: When did you add an edible stuff.
Speaker 12: To the roster?
Speaker 4: How did you like the jell shot?
Speaker 7: I took my jealous shot away in the court.
Speaker 14: It was great, but he had I was like, if Jess was here, she would.
Speaker 7: Have wanted Yeah, you know me, I definitely would want will be here to say, okay, look.
Speaker 9: Jeff, whenever you ready, because you know I'm up in the kitchen right now, bacon, so whenever you ready, I would love to bring you something because I was so mad, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, what the you can say? What the hell?
Speaker 1: You didn't leave her fridge and we ate her cupcakes? And it just wasn't it was mean.
Speaker 3: It wasn't mean.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, but oh oh wait, I'm sorry one more thing. I know I can't stay long, but no, I wanted to give a out out to your side. Everybody there treated me like I was like, did okay, wait, not Diddy, but.
Speaker 3: Like like he was Diddy.
Speaker 7: That's hilarious that he even thought about saying that at first.
Speaker 11: Wow, you know what?
Speaker 1: He did give edibles, but I wasn't sure because he makes him at the crib, so I don't know how much how strong it is.
Speaker 3: I wasn't messing with that. I figured I let you try it first, and then.
Speaker 7: Damn, hello, who's this.
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: What get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: Brother? I was calling London with probably divide and sing what stuff the yard show? Y'all looked up at my TV and Clean.
Speaker 3: Liked, what what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Leber looked at that TV teach dark.
Speaker 3: What station.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watching? Stood at all?
Speaker 1: Oh bro, so I'm gonna smack you, brobody from here to Africa.
Speaker 4: That man, My god, I hate the man always.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what are you talking?
Speaker 7: But you're good dresses here? I need a break that, you know what I mean? So I cannot, but this one is a fact check.
Speaker 3: And she said, what what? What? What are you watching? What right did you get?
Speaker 14: What's putting that on TV? A TV package that been happened? And why didn't I see that on my feet.
Speaker 7: In my LARTs?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: She wanted to immediately make sure that it was fake.
Speaker 3: I love that. She's like. We all looked at each other like what I know, Like, what the hell? Damn big to show? Whatever that is is whatever?
Speaker 7: And it feels like it's vibrating.
Speaker 3: All right, Well we got the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 14: We're gonna get into a little bit more of this push your tea drake him having to leave the label because now we're finding out it was it was a couple of dollars that needed to be paid. The wait, so you assumed that it made sense because I'm like, they just gonna let them go and Be said something to me, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Speaker 7: You didn't remember who told you?
Speaker 14: When we called a couple of people, no one said anything about anything.
Speaker 3: I know I heard it, and I knew somebody said it, but I just knew where it can.
Speaker 14: If we're gonna get it, we're gonna get into the money that was paid, the big name who paid it, and some more the allegations that are being thrown out there against Drake.
Speaker 3: So all right, are you going to court today?
Speaker 7: I am not going to court today.
Speaker 14: I'll be back Thursday and we'll have a conversation about what's happening in court today.
Speaker 1: Still though, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club and wanting everybody it's j Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne gud we are the Breakfast Club. The whole gangs here now yep, and let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren be coming straight fast. She gets them from somebody that knows somebody to detail.
Speaker 7: I'm a home girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on you the.
Speaker 11: Latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you have sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 11: So it's the leadst on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Okay, so yesterday we talked a bit about Push a te him leaving or being released from Death Jim in the clips and going over the rock Nation and the Kendrick lamar Verus that we've not heard. But you know that the uh death Jam was scared to allow him to put out allegedly, and that's the whole reason behind this. But Stephen Victor, who is manager to Push a Tea, he also he worked with a ton of artists, but manager to Push you T spoke to Billboard after that article released and got into some more details and he revealed that it wasn't just like they released him, and you know they had this part in conversation Death Jim. Actually he alleged Death Jim said that they needed two hundred thousand dollars or something like that in order for Push a T To be able to in the clips, to be able to walk away from million.
Speaker 3: I think it was million. They said it was million.
Speaker 15: They said they thought in that article, they said they thought it was going to be like something like that.
Speaker 3: But they was like, no, it's gonna be million. I think see that what they would have.
Speaker 15: That was definitely the article. They said it was millions of dollars, said a ton of money. It wasn't no two hundred thousand.
Speaker 7: I don't even see millions in here, y'all.
Speaker 14: Sure y'all read the artile It wasn't two hundred thousand. That changes the whole Look right here.
Speaker 1: Pushing Madlas would have went in their backpacking for two hundred thousand. That's that there was millions. I thought I said seven figures.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 15: The headline literally is sean victor on the insane amount of money.
Speaker 14: But I'm talking about the actual numbers. Scroll down to the question where they asked where he says, should have.
Speaker 3: Did all this research before you started doing the latest.
Speaker 7: I did do it. I just I literally just read it again before it came in the article, and I just searched the word million.
Speaker 15: Yeah, they didn't say the number, but they said millions. It wasn't no two hundred thousand.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I literally just read this twice. Now I'm going to find the exact line, because.
Speaker 3: So you had to pay seven figures to get out of the deal. Yeah, that's millions.
Speaker 14: Oh, I didn't see that. But he said that he thought it was going to be like two. They thought it was gonna be like two hundred thousand or something because there was like three. He said he either didn't really want to get into it, but but he said that he thought that it was going to be like three albums that they owed. And they were trying to get out of it by just being like, Okay, we released this new project. Can y'all take profit from the new project and we'll give y'all you know this right here what we have right now. And they were like, no, we want our money, we want it now. So they went to jay Z and told jay Z what was happening, and they're like, look, here's a situation where in we need to figure this out.
Speaker 7: They'd already had a relationship, so jay Z was like, well.
Speaker 14: You just made my day. Like what do we need to do to get it done? And they got it done and they were able to come over. But another part of this article that I thought was important was that basically, you know how when Drake dropped the lawsuit and was claiming all these things against Universal Right and everybody including Charlamage and us here in the room.
Speaker 7: We're like, we're sure that these are.
Speaker 14: Things that the label has done to protect you at one point. Right, he is a legend a lot of things, but a lot of would Push Your Tea and Stephen Victor are saying and their articles is what Drake is saying Universal Music allegedly has done to him when it comes to Kendrick Lamar, like Push Your T says that there was in Stephen Victor win in more detail about songs that were beat that was supposed to be released, a song that's supposed to be released with Smoke Paranoia, and then there was another song Rick Ross, a song with Rick Ross on Mayback Music on one of the main mag music installations, and pusha T's verse was removed from both of these because they thought that it was a shot at Drake, and Stephen Victor is like, it wasn't They just interpreted it that way. And they came to me because Stephen Victor was also Pop Smoke released through him and was like.
Speaker 3: Look if he does pop Smoke with his artist, Yes, pop Smoke was.
Speaker 14: His artist and he's like if and they told him, like, if he doesn't remove these lyrics or if you guys don't remove the verse, this album's not coming out, and yeah, they went clear and Stephen Victor is like, well what about free speech? Like how you And then even with this new project, he was telling death Jim like, you guys can't keep doing this to push you T like you want him to think about what you guys are going to think or what you guys are going to interpret before he releases music.
Speaker 7: That's not fair to him because according to.
Speaker 14: Pusha T Into Stephen Victor, there's no direct shot at Drake on this song, on this in this kindric, there was a shot.
Speaker 1: Of Drake who cares speech Like what happened to the days where you can take a shot out of artists and it isn't just a shot on wax on record?
Speaker 3: Well, we never seen an artist sue like this either. I would love to know.
Speaker 15: The exact dollar amount that the Clips and Push Your spent, because they said it was, you know, seven figures. Does Death Jam even invest that kind of money into artists like Push Your Tea in the Clips anymore? Like it often seems like those legacy artists don't get that kind of investment.
Speaker 3: So I'm just asking they did.
Speaker 15: They did they spend more to get out of the deal than Death Jam would actually have spent on them.
Speaker 14: I was going to say, that's a good question, that's a really good question, because but I feel like the last Yeah, that's a really good question, because the last time that push how.
Speaker 6: Long they've been with them, how long.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Death with Jam with them for a while.
Speaker 7: I'm about to look it up. I feel like it. I feel like the Death Jam deal that they did, it was like a year too.
Speaker 1: But you gotta remember a signing bonus is it's also the money used for budgets as far as producing and studio budgets.
Speaker 3: Seven figures anymore.
Speaker 15: That's what I'm asking because when I hear Stephen Victim them saying it was a ton of money, I'm sure they gave clips of.
Speaker 1: Rack of money to sign and I'm sure they gave push your tea rack of money to sign with death a lot back.
Speaker 15: The article, the Billboard article says we paid them the money an insane amount of money. It wasn't like two hundred thousand dollars. It was a lot of money for an artist. It was a lot of money for an artist to come up with they bought themselves out of the deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they that sounded like a lot of money.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the clips.
Speaker 14: They were signed to JAM from two thousand and one to two thousand and nine and then really Yes, that's from two thousand and one to two thousand and nine, with their last album To the Casket drops that when that released in two thousand and nine. However, they recently signed a new deal with dev Jam for their upcoming album Let Guys Sort Of Them Out, which marks, which would have marked their first studio effort in fifteen years under Jam.
Speaker 1: According to the Ye gave him a rack of money. I'm sure g gave Push your tea rack of money. So they had to pay that back. And I'm sure I didn't know the clip was on def JM that long.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: I didn't either. I thought that it was all new. But we do switch.
Speaker 14: Speaking of big numbers, congratulations to the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: We do what we do.
Speaker 14: The Breakfast Club surpasses a major milestone with.
Speaker 7: The one billion downloads.
Speaker 3: Wow, yes, drop for the Breakfast Stone.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So today we are celebrating the fact that the Breakfast Club podcast is surpassing one billion downloads, joining a very short list of other podcasts to reach its impressive milestone. So DJ mby said, We're incredibly grateful to everyone who's tuned and supported and helped to make this milestone. A billion views is more than just a number. It's a testament to the culture, the conversation in the community we've built together.
Speaker 7: Thank you for riding with The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: The Breakfast Club the world was most Dangerous morning show launched in twenty ten in New York one five one. Y'all been around here for a long time, lovel with seasoned, very seasoned.
Speaker 7: But to do a billion and I know you guys talked.
Speaker 14: We've been talking a little bit behind the scenes about this, But explain to the people a billion downloads what that milestone means.
Speaker 7: Well, it's like my biggest dream.
Speaker 6: I just want to think.
Speaker 15: Good, shut up, it's a good Thank you to the listeners, man, We appreciate you all. You know, whenever you can't listen to The Breakfast Club early in the morning here on the radio, you can always go listen to the podcast. But the clips signed with cham in twenty twenty four, Push Your Tea been signed with that.
Speaker 14: Push certainly say it's according to hype Beasts, the clip when I'm reading, yeah about a billion.
Speaker 3: Read that billion downloads is definitely do we appreciate it?
Speaker 7: According to hype bet.
Speaker 3: I mean does say AI over you? I don't know if that's it says.
Speaker 14: According to hype Beasts, it literally links who would attribute it to attributes it to?
Speaker 7: It's not just a random AI over here.
Speaker 11: The clips.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we did a million downlod because we had no place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's pay it live. I wanted to tune into fair east Side High.
Speaker 7: It was a sty if one of the students went live.
Speaker 15: No o, all right, well not we've been cutting okay, oh before you put the scarl phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah before, But again, SIMI, to all our listeners and supporters, we appreciate you guys so much. We do it for you guys, and we're thankful and grateful. Thank you so god damn much. We appreciate you.
Speaker 11: Guys out there.
Speaker 3: You're gonna listen to misinformation, might as well listen to us. Shut. Yeah, we've been cooking, all right.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we got Front Page News and then Mara brock a Kill will be joining us, all right. She has a new show on Netflix forever, and we'll talk about all that when we come back.
Speaker 3: So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Everybody is dj NV just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne gud We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Now you missed it earlier, Morgan broke down that the Knicks fire head coach Tom Thibodeaux after five seasons. It was five winning seasons, but they feel like he wasn't.
Speaker 3: A great fitch.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: I do feel like that Thibodeau. I feel like he worked his players a lot. I felt like he didn't trust the bench. The game one where they lost the paces, I felt like that was a coaching problem. You can't be up fourteen and lose with you know, a minute and change left.
Speaker 15: You can't trust what you don't have. Though, Hey, everybody say you can't trust the bench. If they had the bench players, they would have been playing them. Like the Celtics can go nine deep there, okay, see Thunder can go ninety, the Pacers can go ninet deep. If you ain't got it, you ain't got it. It's like Penis. Wow, when somebody tell you go deeper and you ain't got it.
Speaker 7: To go deeper.
Speaker 1: But when you do see players on other teams and they're doing well, and they were our bench players like Obie Topping and and even McBride.
Speaker 3: It took him a long time to get him out. Topping was young though, and then that system.
Speaker 1: And he's busting as a system, but they never even played him. And then you got that new white boy that'shooting threes like crazy. I don't know if he's white or what his background is. I can't even think of the man's name. But he gets to be found out in the last couple of games that he could actually shoot, you know, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: But what's up, Morgan, Well, what's up this?
Speaker 5: Congratulations to y'all because apparently you know y'all acted, I mean, you said on one thing. But getting one billion podcast downloads and counting, that's something to celebrate, right, Hey, Pappa Cluck was botob on yourself and big up your.
Speaker 3: Self, all right, that's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: And shout out to all the listeners for supporting riding and listening to us. If it wasn't for y'all, we wouldn't be here. We appreciate y'all every day.
Speaker 3: You know what happened? Reached a billion congraduation breakfast club?
Speaker 7: All right, coming up and other news.
Speaker 5: Family members of the man charged in the fire attack on Israeli hostages supporters excuse me in other news. Family members of the man charged in the fire attack on Israeli hostage supporters in Colorado have been arrested by ICE.
Speaker 6: Now, Homeland Security Secretary Christy.
Speaker 5: Nome and the said the wife and five children of Mohammed Sabury Solomon have been taken into custody to find out if they were involved or knew about the attack in any way. They are also being processed for expedited removal from the United States. Homeland Security Secretary Christie Noam made the announcement, Let's take a listen.
Speaker 8: Today the Department of Homeland Security and ICE are taking the family of suspected Boulder, Colorado terrorists and the illegal alien Mohammad It's Solomon, into ace custody.
Speaker 3: How do you hate people more than you love your family?
Speaker 15: Like if you got if you got a wife and five kids, why would you throw that all away just because of your your bigotry and your prejudice towards another group.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't understand that logic.
Speaker 5: So this comes as Solomon is in the United States illegally from Egypt. He faces federal and state charges after at least twelve people were hurt in Sunday's attack. Now, police said Solomon dressed as a gardener to get close to protesters when he used a makeshift flamethrower and molotov cocktails on the crowd. Now, this story does inspire me on a personal note to encourage everyone to check on their family and the mental well being of those around you, because if something like this can happen, you could be considered guilty by association. This is crazy that the family is now being taken into custody as well. And so I would think that you know that that ignorance is bliss. Era has left and you better know what you need to know.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and yeah, and you and your actions always impact your family. I didn't know that they could do something like this, go arrest your whole family because of you know, something that you did, Okay, because I don't see how they would be accomplishes. But yes, what you do does impact your whole family in more ways than one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you know, check in with the loved ones, y'all.
Speaker 5: Speaking of ice, the mayor of Newark, New Jersey issuing one of President Trump's top lawyers over his arrest at an ICE facility last month. Now, Rasbaraka filed the federal lawsuit against interim US attorney for New Jersey, Alena Hava on Tuesday, accusing her of defamation and false arrest. Let's take a listen to those comments from ros Baraka.
Speaker 2: All Right, I was cuffed, fingerprinted, took pictures of twice, once there and once in court for a classy misdemeanor which you send some ins to people for. You don't lock them up and take their fingerprints. Trespass is a state offense, it's not a federal offense.
Speaker 3: These guys need to find out.
Speaker 2: The law before they begin running their mouth about what is right and what is wrong.
Speaker 5: So just to note that trespassing can be a federal offense when it comes to when it involves federal property and restricted areas. So I anticipate much of this court case will come down to whether or not Mayor Baraka had access to that ICE facility. Now he responded to criticism of his actions by Trump administrator borders Are Tom Holman, saying he may have to sue him too. And of course, all of this comes as Baraka was taken into custody outside an ice detention center when he and members of Congress demanded answer about answers about the facility's conditions. He was charged with trespassing, but the case was later dropped by Hobba. A federal judge criticized Hobba's office for the arrest during the hearing last month, saying it suggests a worrying misstep and switching gears. The first black mayor of Tulsa, Oklahoma, is proposing a multimillion dollar reparations plan for descendants of the nineteen twenty one Tulsa Race massacre. Mayorn Munroe Nichols says one can only imagine what the Greenwood District, once known as Black Wall Street, could have contributed to the region had there never been a massacre. And of course he's to establish a private trust that would be used to provide scholarship and housing to the descendants of those impacted by the bloodshed.
Speaker 6: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 16: Imagine what it would have meant for outcomes for our children, Imagine what it would have meant for public safety, and most importantly, imagine the trust in faith we would have built in each other over these last one hundred and four years. And my office has been working alongside our legal department on the establishment of the Greenwood Trust, a private charitable trust that will raise and facilitate the investment of one hundred and five million dollars in private funds along our roads to repair.
Speaker 5: Restlers and rights so Nichol says, the trust will not involve direct cash payments, and the city council would have to approve the transfer of any city assets to it. The push comes just weeks after Democratic Congresswoman Summer Lea of Pennsylvania announced plans to introduce the Reparations Now Resolution, which calls for the US to spend trillions of dollars on reparations for black Americans. I know we've had this conversation many of times of about what reparations could look like for black Americans.
Speaker 6: So that's your faced news.
Speaker 5: Y'all can follow me on socials at Morgan Media for more news. For coverage, follow a Black Information Network. Download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I Nnews dot com.
Speaker 7: Can we get some of them downloads at b and y'all, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Saying thank you, Morgan.
Speaker 15: Did we tell the people that the icon living mar brocky Kill is joining us this morning?
Speaker 3: Yes, we did talk to her.
Speaker 11: Next.
Speaker 15: I heard you say that she wrote on Friends, No, sir, fix for the legendary show, one of my favorite shows of all time.
Speaker 3: Girlfriends.
Speaker 1: I fixed it immediately, Friends, I fixed the media. I was talking about myself. Somebody was here, and she's here to talk about Forever.
Speaker 15: Forever is a reimagining of Judy Bloom's nineteen seventy five novel Forever.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm a huge Judy Bloom fan.
Speaker 15: So when two of my favorite storytellers coming together, Judy Bloom and mar Brockykill, magic happens. And that's what happened with Forever. And we'll talk to her about it. Come up next next.
Speaker 3: That's right, so don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 12: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dj NV, just Hilarius, Charlamagne, the God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Lalla Rosa is here as well, and we got a special guest in the building, legendary.
Speaker 3: That's right, Miss Marl brock a welcome, thank you, good.
Speaker 7: Good morning, good morning. Nice to be here. How are you.
Speaker 3: Les's Black and Holly favorite. How's your energy?
Speaker 7: It's great? Okay, I'm really I'm floating.
Speaker 3: How does it feel to have yet another hit TV show?
Speaker 17: Another another hit TV show? But this is global. This is like the first.
Speaker 7: Time I have been on a stage this big.
Speaker 17: Normally my shows are on up and coming networks, so I feel like an a new Actually I feel both veteran and both.
Speaker 7: I'm also an off you know.
Speaker 17: It's just this an idea, is a global conversation. That is kind of I'm sitting in that. Mostly my career, I've been thinking about a national conversation, but this is a global one. And I mean, I've always known that our stories are global, but for it to be a reality is pretty special and another hit. Right to be at it? Thirty years in the game, thirty years in the.
Speaker 3: Game, let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: Of course, for people that are just tuning in, you creating shows like Girlfriends the Game, Being Mary Jane, You've written on The Jamie Fox Show and so many others, but this one.
Speaker 5: Is so many, see so many see you.
Speaker 3: This one's on Netflix. Yeah, this one's on Netflix.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So how did the Netflix play come together?
Speaker 17: We're doing for I had a deal, you know, my career did garner me a really wonderful deal out of that deal.
Speaker 7: I did stamp.
Speaker 17: From the beginning, I hope you guys all saw that amazing documentary that Roger Ross Williams directed, but about doctor Abraham Kindy's work about the myths of racism. That was my first offering in my deal, and this was the second.
Speaker 7: It was special.
Speaker 17: From the beginning, I met Judy Bloom somebody Else's come on.
Speaker 3: Come on, two of my favorite storytellers.
Speaker 17: Coming come on, I mean, and that's God. First of all, I didn't even realize that the book was going to be fifty years old by the time we released. It was not even in my thinking of that time, seventy five.
Speaker 7: It was a beautiful synergy.
Speaker 17: One thing I will say about Netflix, when they're behind something, they are behind it completely supported, resourced. I think that's what's important to me in this moment of this hit show is that it was my vision was supported financially, and it was amazing to feel like, Wow, I'm supported to got money to have the vision that I want and to get the people that I need, the collaborators.
Speaker 7: It's been amazing.
Speaker 15: You said Judy Bloom was your first permission slip as a storyteller.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: So how did your inner child feel knowing that you have done such justice to one of her iconic works?
Speaker 7: Why does my innery she feels on cloud nine. She is twirling, she is cartwill.
Speaker 17: I used to cartwell back in the day, I could cartweel backband all the things she's doing. All of that, I'm very proud of myself. When the opportunity to reimagine one of her books, there was no thinking. My hand just went up and I feel like it was a little protective as well. It was like, I want to protect that story. I want to be able to tell that story. But my little girl is like, she's she cabbage patches.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like she made it?
Speaker 6: Do you?
Speaker 17: I feel like you She felt like she's felt like she's made it a long while ago. I think this is different in that it's a full circle moment.
Speaker 7: I feel. I often say that you become.
Speaker 17: A writer as a reader first, and so I used to get lost in the pages of Judy Blue and so for me to be just the divinity of it, like the divineness of it that I would come full circle fifty years later, like those kinds of things. Right, It's almost like it was written for me. It was written for me and Judy.
Speaker 7: Matter of fact, I'm going to get a chance to meet her personally. I'm so excited to key with yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 17: You live this life once and I'm gonna live in that dream. So I'm excited to meet her. We met at the time on zoom and talked on the phone and emailed, but just to meet her and say thank you and have her signed my book. I'm just that twelve year old girl is running to key with.
Speaker 3: I did it. I've done it a couple of times, just too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Just what I really would love is for people to honor more of their story, the craftsmanship sitting in the chair and writing.
Speaker 7: That woman sat in the chair and wrote. I mean it's like.
Speaker 17: She never got out of the chair, just writing and that and what it would do just someone sharing the story, just my own testimony, is it ignited something in me and I think that even the feedback I'm getting from the show, not just the show, but the shows I've had in my career is ignited other story I want us to do more by that. We have so many stories in us that will die in us if we don't even.
Speaker 7: Start crafting them and writing them down.
Speaker 17: Her book is still through this show now is still it still lives, It's universals, it's forever.
Speaker 7: But on bomb, the.
Speaker 5: Original book was written in the seventies, yees seventy five.
Speaker 7: Why did you choose.
Speaker 6: To specifically set this story in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 17: Well, I had to look at what would make it fresh today and what to maybe have to look at what where the kids are today? And Judy and I talked about well, they know a lot about sex, intimacy, connection, those things.
Speaker 7: I think we're further away. Even though we are more.
Speaker 17: Technical, technologically advanced, we don't have Though these tools are meant to connect us, we are using them in very disconnecting ways. And I think that to bring the phone into the conversation one it is an opportunity to talk about something unique to this culture. I mean, excuse me culture, but this generation. Excuse me, what it is doing to them personally emotional, their emotional self there and then how it's even affecting their physical self and then affecting their future.
Speaker 7: And that's what the book was about.
Speaker 17: How do we explore our emotional self, our physical self while maintaining a healthy future. I also want to talk about in the black family. By changing the white family to black, it allowed me to also talk about a time that I think is very important for us to document. Between Trayvon Martin's murder and George Floyd's murder, we as black people, we as Black families, as mothers and fathers, we were screaming into a vacuum about the fear over our children. And there was no amount of fancy zip codes or education that can save your child, you know, And that was scary and I wanted, I needed a place for me as a mother to least all of that fear.
Speaker 7: And then also then look at how.
Speaker 17: Much we are out of love, but we are raising our children from that fear, and how that is hurting our children and their inability to have a natural right of passage to explore again their emotional their emotional self, their emotional maturity, their physical self, their physical maturity, to have sex or not have sex, who to have it with, what's the right conditions, all of those choices that they're supposed to be making right now to protect the beautiful future.
Speaker 7: And that's another thing.
Speaker 17: We need to open up some space because our children also need a future and it's tough out there, and I couldn't imagine being them today, thinking about what do you want to be?
Speaker 7: We should grow up?
Speaker 17: Well, what's out there? And so and we adults need to get it together. And so this is a part of my offering.
Speaker 1: We're still kicking it with Marra Brock a kill show or her new show Forever is on Netflix right now, Lauren.
Speaker 14: And back in the seventies it was controversial because of the things that it explored. Today it's not controversial because we are so open. Like what you talk about when you were crafting, like what the storyline would be and how you would redo it. Were there things that you were like, I want to make sure I get to or make sure I get in this storyline. Because you also made it feel closer to home for like black teens. You know, now Forever feels like it's our story. But you had to do it a different way, you know, I think it's controversial.
Speaker 17: Black male vulnerability. It's just there's no room for it. I think there's no images for it. And yet when I'm looking in the world and within my own children, their friends, and the community beyond that, a lot of boys and more specifically black boys, they're not all that hard, you know. They don't have any room for their complexity. They don't have any room for their feelings. Like it's always funny to me, especially about the group of boys I'm around. They're all privileged, they live a great life. Time to take a picture. They were laughing two seconds ago. You try and take the picture and then they get that stoic face and they're.
Speaker 7: Like, yes, what you mean mugging for like you.
Speaker 17: Know, and you realize how much that's imparted on young black boys all the time, about what is manly? What are those images of what a man is? I wanted to make room for the real reflection. I'm actually looking at the real thing. It's just what gets on that bigger screen and how important it is. I know, we talk about representation matters. That's why it matters. You got to see yourself, Yeah, in order to decide is that beautiful?
Speaker 7: Is that? How I want to look you know, is that rights act type?
Speaker 17: You know, I can't see it, And I think boys are getting their heartbroken a lot sooner.
Speaker 7: I felt so bad for justin the whole time.
Speaker 14: Why because I just felt like a lot of times the characters they were yearning for this like space of like I don't know, to just be okay, and then things would be going good and then something what else would happen to be? Something small would be like for Keisha, like the video get sent to her phone and she's finally in this relationship, you know what I mean, Like things were just like happening. I'm like, Dan, kids, Like why can't they just be and do with these things? Yeah, it's life, and it's also technology that we didn't have. We got some freedoms without you know that they don't. They're not afforded. That's what I want to talk about.
Speaker 17: It's like, are we making any room for them? Like one of the things that I love when we every production meeting, I said, we're making an epic and intimate love story within a love letter to Los Angeles, right, And what that meant to me is that we need to see them in scope, in scale and epic. I need to see them their bodies in the space in Los Angeles. What that means is that they it's a feeling cinematically that I'm making you feel that they belong here, and when they belong here, they belong to us. And so you would engage with our children differently, psychologically, emotionally, those things are important in our image.
Speaker 7: On the details, the details.
Speaker 17: On anyone makes them feel more human to you. So I want to make just room for their humanity so that we think about the measures around technology, we think about what.
Speaker 7: The rules are for these kids.
Speaker 17: I mean, like, these kids are being told today that you make one false move, you won't get a scholarship.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, it's the truth who follows them for the rest of their lives and.
Speaker 7: The rest of them said, there's no humanity in that.
Speaker 14: That's how I felt, Maybe that that was the yes at the humanity part. I'm like, yo, she's young, she made a mistake.
Speaker 7: YEP.
Speaker 14: Now I was following her, and it's like he's in love and he just doesn't know how to navigated it. Now he feels like he's not a good person or not not a good person. He doesn't feel like he can win the girl in the beginning of things, and I felt bad for that, Like, but.
Speaker 17: You know what back in the day, Back in the day, always had to walk across the room to ask you to dance.
Speaker 7: That you ever have you ever done that? Of course?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Did Did you ever get rejected?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Before you Because I'll be honest, I only went when I knew I was going to be received. If I knew I was gonna get rejected or there was a fifty to fifty chance, I wasn't gonna try. Oh of course, remember it wasn't you know back then it was a party and everybody standing on the wall and you have to, like you said, you have to walk across. And if I knew this person wasn't feeling me, didn't weake, and me didn't have a crush on me, didn't write me, I wasn't going.
Speaker 3: But if I knew that got that little stair, that little smile, I was gonna go.
Speaker 17: So it was just all of those socials that you have to learn in real time.
Speaker 7: We're not learning that. There's no space for that.
Speaker 17: So I'm advocating for I want the kids to be back outside. Like it's even sad we shot on Fairfax Avenue. Right it's a ghost town right now, But back in twenty eighteen where it was depicted, that was a place for them to be. But there's we are where are kids allowed to be?
Speaker 15: But that's why I love the scene. I love the scenes at Mafics Vineyard. I love the scenes at the prom. Oh God, especially at the prom because I feel like in that moment Justin was you know, everybody talks about he's chasing the young lady.
Speaker 3: To me, it felt like he was chasing his blackness.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, yeah, thank you for seeing that. Yeah.
Speaker 17: One of the things I was trying to say, trying to keep your son, trying to keep our children safe. Sometimes we're isolating them. He had a pretty prison, but it was up on a hill, isolated, and he's looking for more. But I can also understand don she's so scared to put him outside, you know, also scared is he going to measure up to where they are? You know, I'm saying she's probably not saying that, but that's psychologically, it's kind of it's under there.
Speaker 7: But it's fun. Fact. I was so proud as.
Speaker 17: A producer to put all those black and brown kids taking over the Pantamatica peer.
Speaker 7: I don't you know, I found one of location.
Speaker 17: I think that's I think the last time someone took over the pier at that scale was Tom Cruise.
Speaker 7: I was like, okay, but that means something to me.
Speaker 17: That means something that we how we take up the space, the epicness and the beauty of us. These kids are looking like this all over our country and we see it on Instagram or TikTok or things like that. But to put it on that scale, that level of beauty, Anthony Hemingway directed.
Speaker 7: His butt off in that. You know, the kids were just beautiful.
Speaker 17: Are costume designers a major. Our production design was amazing. Our cinematography was amazing, you know what I'm saying. We had we had the thing lit up. I was on cloud nine that day that we shot, and we got out of their safe and sound.
Speaker 7: That's also important.
Speaker 17: But it's our kids having space in the world, chasing their chasing themselves, figuring out who they are, including of their blackness, including of their you know, what they like, just who they are. Even the making room for I know, I get a lot of the comments around, wow he likes Narto. Yeah, a lot of black kids love Narto. You know, we're a part of the world.
Speaker 7: So that was fun.
Speaker 3: And as much as it's a story about the kids, it's a.
Speaker 15: Story about the adults, right, Like, like the way Judy Bloom made people feel seen at thirteen, it feels to me like you're making us feel seen at forty something fifty something. So what do those ages need that nobody's writing about.
Speaker 17: I'm gonna keep saying this over just more complexity, more more of our human side. Like I don't you know, I've said before, I don't you know. I don't believe in positive images. I think they can be just as damaging as negative images.
Speaker 3: What do it's found on?
Speaker 17: Because so the negative image is a product of a lie, going back to the documentary, like it's the perpetuating the lies and the midst of us that's been out there. So a lot of black people want a positive image because they want to rewrite the wrong of somebody else's view of me. But what that does and as an artist, it keeps me behind the eight ball. I'm chasing up and trying to clean up somebody else's mess. I'm from the Zori nil Hurston school of thought. I know my people. I see my people. I want to be able to talk about them fully and in the spectrum of our humanity there is light and dark. We are not We are not perfect to be perfect. That's just as hard to be perfect as it is to be bad. Like I want to out the spectrum of my humanity. I want to be able to make a mistake and have my village patch me up and put me back out there. I deserve that. You deserve that, we deserve that. And so I want the spectrum of who I am. And sometimes i'm you know, sometimes I'm not great, and sometimes I am in the same day, in the same hour, and I deserve that that sort of exploration of who I am as a human being, and I give that to my characters. I think down for instance, you know people, there's a lot of conversation about her as a mother, but that black mother has raised a lot of kids to get them, to keep them alive.
Speaker 7: Does she deserve looking at herself?
Speaker 17: Yes, Hi, my name is mar Brock a kill and I'm a former don I put my pain on the screen, I think, you know, I wanted to out of love.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to overprotect my children.
Speaker 1: Well, still kicking it with television producer screenwriter. You know her from Girlfriends and now she has her show on Netflix, Forever, Miss brock A killed Charlemagne.
Speaker 3: What emotional space does Forever occupy that none of your previous shows have.
Speaker 17: I think the cross generational idea. I just think the complexity of family and the generational connection and that I just really enjoyed that. I think also the scale emotionally. It allowed me to really scale us.
Speaker 7: I enjoyed that.
Speaker 17: And you know the kids say, take up space. It allowed me to take up space for us and for myself.
Speaker 15: It's forever about love you've had, love you've lost, or love you still believe in.
Speaker 17: All the above. I believe in love. One of the things I'm really proud of with the ending. I know there's a controversy about the ending, but what I love that Justin and Keisha showed us is how love endures.
Speaker 7: And it takes a shape, shifts, it's.
Speaker 17: Dynamic, can change, but love can stay present. And they showed us how to let go and keep love.
Speaker 6: In that ending.
Speaker 7: I think we could learn a lot.
Speaker 17: From Justin and Keisha. You know, the question is just a forever love or the one you remember forever. And I would like to think that we as we move through our lives as human beings, that when we choose to use that word right I loved you, that you there's a present that you were so present and so loving that even if you don't last, the.
Speaker 7: Couple doesn't last, the love can last.
Speaker 17: It just it might shift to wow, it might just shift to we always just sort of text each other on each other's birthday that you matter to me.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 17: One of the fun things you realize when you're re visiting the work, especially as young people. Oftentimes that's where our big dreaming happens, and those young loves that a lot of times the best part of you is packed in somebody else's memory of you.
Speaker 7: And so to have access back to those people.
Speaker 17: Is good for you to remember who you are when you lose your way, because you're gonna lose your way, and so love holds you there. So it is about the past, the present, and the future. And I think that love can take many different forms, you know. And you know, I have my young one plays baseball, and I've learned a lot about watching him sit in the stands play baseball.
Speaker 7: Long games, long games.
Speaker 17: But what's beautiful about it is everybody who walks into that batter's box has a different fight. So I often think about relationship. Right, did you swing the bat?
Speaker 7: Did you have a they call it? Did you have a good at bat?
Speaker 17: And sometimes you're at bat you strike out, but you still had a good at bat. And I think that's what I think love is about. Are we having a good at bat? Are we swinging?
Speaker 7: Are we using our technique?
Speaker 17: Are we using all the knowledge we've spent all week learning for this one to two times we get to walk in that batter's box and are we using it?
Speaker 7: Are we do we?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 17: Do we whatever the shoulders and the hips and all that kinds of all those things, all those things you got to do with this ball coming at you eighty ninety miles an hour, that's love. And I think that I would like to think that we can all approach it at.
Speaker 7: A good at that.
Speaker 3: And you know what Season two is going.
Speaker 17: I have ideas. I still have to go through the process, you know. Part of well, I think another thing that makes me successful is how I honor my partnerships and I come into it respectfully and really to always garner that energy back to me, but I have a concept of what I need to do. I won't share it until my partners are signed off on it. But my next steps are me coming into a meeting ready to talk to Netflix around Hey, this is where I see it, and this is where I think it should go, hearing their feedback, their concerns, taking that in consideration, sometimes debating it for a while, but finding a way to communicate why I think it's the way it's to go and if not, where's the compromise in that, and feeling good about the artistic flexibility that I have to craft story to figure that out. So I'm looking forward to that and success especially, No, sometimes success can make people tighten up too.
Speaker 3: It's not playing tomorrow. Yeah, I hit after hitt in multiple decades.
Speaker 15: Okay, streaming services, the linear television, give her what she wants, including the fifty million dollars for girlfriends.
Speaker 7: We need color.
Speaker 3: Is that simple.
Speaker 7: It's that simple. We've been talking about this. It's real.
Speaker 17: It's really that simple, and I'm excited. I think it's gonna come. I don't know, I feel I feel it like I don't know. Last time I was here, we talked about it and I think what was beautiful in my journey at that time was for me to claim the value and understand the boundaries and understand what it is.
Speaker 7: I don't know, just I think.
Speaker 17: And also this success breeds more success, so I kind of feel I don't know, I kind of feel like I think it's time.
Speaker 3: And a success girlfriends just had on Netflix.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, oh my god. They should see generational success and people watch it. I watch that.
Speaker 14: I rewatched the whole thing with my mom and I was like, this is so different. But you know, it's fine finding out people are putting girlfriends on for their go to sleep. It's their they call it their comfort TV show that they put on and they just let it run. And some people let it run while they go to sleep.
Speaker 15: I don't know if people know, but nine to eleven of this year marks twenty five years of girlfriends five years ago.
Speaker 7: Friend of this year. So we need to make that announcement, right, it's time. That would be the announcement today.
Speaker 3: It only makes sense. It has to happen. It's going to happen. I know what's going to happen.
Speaker 15: Yes, because it's like the one black sitcom that we really did not get any closure on whatsoever.
Speaker 3: And it's so many loose ends to tie up.
Speaker 17: You know, it's really it's not just loose ense, it's actually very relevant. I think it's a very harmic idea to have the show have a ending in a film. I just want to do a movie, so you really, I know you do, Charlayne. You are very clear about wanting to see a movie, are.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 17: I want to also say I'm always going to take a moment to say thank you because you also that means a lot to me as a storyteller, Like wow, that that level of impact on you, and even the fact that me and Judy Bloom are.
Speaker 7: The same thing. So I'm a thank you.
Speaker 17: But now you three you want to are you going to go spend some money at the theater to go see a girl walk to the theater?
Speaker 6: I'm trying to be in the day.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I agree.
Speaker 17: It gave us a lot to have a conversation about, and I think that's really where everything is at is communication, have conversation, share ideas.
Speaker 7: Were not all were going to agree, but I think we all get to.
Speaker 13: Know each other.
Speaker 3: What do you want for ever? To get people permissioned to do and that's my last question.
Speaker 7: I promised love.
Speaker 17: I want people to think more about love in every aspect of their life. And actually, even if we're older, that it's okay to want that that first.
Speaker 7: Love kind of feeling.
Speaker 17: Like what do we need to do to get back to that first love kind of feeling?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 17: I just think it's I think as a human spirit, having a human experience, dancing with love all the time.
Speaker 7: It's got to be our top endeavor. So that's what I want.
Speaker 3: Marl Rocker kill.
Speaker 4: Legend.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you so much. We love you, we value you, appreciate you and all your work.
Speaker 6: That's right, thank you.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate being here. Thank you. Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: That's the breakfast Club. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is dj NV just Hilarry Charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren Long becoming a straight that.
Speaker 3: She gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 7: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 11: The latest with Lauren La Rosa.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you have sack, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 11: Every time it's the lead on the Breakfast Club talk to me.
Speaker 14: So there has been some more things with Offset and Cardi. Offset has now deleted his Instagram and his ex account. His ex account currently pulls up as this account does not exist and you can't even go to his Instagram. So what happened was there's this photo, a side by side photo of offset son Offset and Cardi's son Wave and Stefan Diggs. And people begin to point out, and this is an older side by side, but people begin to point out that Wave's hair is braided.
Speaker 7: Very similar to Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 14: The only difference is the part in the middle and where that starts, to be honest, but it is very similar, almost the same hairstyles. So people are, you know, we're making jokes about it, and they were, you know, saying, trying to make it seem like Cardi did this on purpose, and just it must have been a lot for Offset, not even must it was a lot for Offset, because he actually responded to it. He said, now once he tweeted before he deleted his account. Now, when somebody died for playing with my son, then they're gonna call me a crash out. I don't care how I look trolling with my kid ends bad. Then after this he deactivated his accounts now following that or previous to that. Earlier in that day, Cardi B had actually went on Twitter spaces and she talked about just the fact that because she's now out and doing all the things with Stephan and she responded to the spousal support conversation, men in particular are calling her a hoe and She's like, I don't understand why I'm getting all of this, like all of this smoke. So let's take a listen to Cardi B on the trauma she says she experienced. I think has all statilistic Listen.
Speaker 18: Do not understand why I'm getting so much disgusting hate from men. I'm even being called off.
Speaker 7: It is so crazy.
Speaker 18: I don't understand how I was married for seven years and I was faithful for seven years. The constant lies, constant lies, the gas lighting, it was really messing up with my head. It got to the point, like last year, last year, I really felt like I was going crazy. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, Like my baby came out five pounds. I was so depressed because the lies, the constant drama. I would wake up every single morning paranoid. If I was still there, I was gonna end up going to jail because I was gonna end up killing them seriously with my own beer hands.
Speaker 15: Cardy's not a hope, nor should anyone be calling her that, nor should anybody be hating on Cardi. I just think that us as men were watching the situation and saying, damn that hurts.
Speaker 3: We're sick, you know what I.
Speaker 15: Mean, We're just as sick as probably off that feels when he sees it, because she has moved on. She looked damn good moving on, and that's what you're supposed to do, right, like you know, when you get out of the situation, and it wasn't the best situation. You're supposed to be on social media looking good with your new boot. But boy it hurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both of.
Speaker 5: Them got fans, you know what I mean. So who's the ones calling her a whole? I mean obviously all right, his fans, you know, and imagine what her fans call him.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's both sides.
Speaker 3: What they're saying. All said lost, that's the thing, like you know, they ay w set in the chat, like L said, the chat. That's what they're saying. That's the reality of the situa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's sadry for seven years, she moved on, she's dating somebody knew when she's happy. She says she was depressed, she was upset. Now the fact that she's happy, I'm just glad that she's happy.
Speaker 15: It should just be a learning lesson for men more so than anything. Yeah, because boy, and then women will move on. And when they move on, they're gonna look damn good doing it, and you're gonna be sitting around absolutely doing what said doing right now.
Speaker 3: Tweeting is social media.
Speaker 14: And she put up with a lot before she moved to Like, she put up a whole lot, put it with a whole lot before she moved on. And then look what she even said, Our baby came out five found she was stressed out and everything.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So like that that that's crazy, that's crazy. But I am glad that he deactivated or deleted. Hopefully he can get some time for herself. He can think about it. He can, you know, before he does, you know.
Speaker 6: Do something stupid. He can. Hopefully he's just unplugging and in his mind.
Speaker 15: Yea, yeah, That's what I would tell loss it too. Don't make permanent decisions based off temporary feelings. Don't crash out and lose your freedom because the internet playing. Because as crazy as it may seem, now this two shall pass.
Speaker 1: Then check you aft your position and fellas if you're out there this text your lady this morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 14: You know, just hey, just say I'm sorry, even if you ain't did that yea, I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: I appreciate you something I want to Because then men out there with them three years, sixty nine million dollar contract.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, they get way say.
Speaker 14: Speaking of the sixty nine million dollar man, card.
Speaker 7: I know your face? Are you smacked? Your something hard? Exactly?
Speaker 14: Cardib talked about, you know, her new dating life and where she is. Now, let's let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm in the prisoner.
Speaker 18: Now, I'm in the prisoner. Now that I'm I'm very happy, and I feel like I'm crawling, like I'm learning how to do things. You know what I'm saying, Dating is new to me. You know what I'm saying, Dating is new to me. It took a long time for me to open up to somebody, because I just feel like a like a baby and I'm crawling again and I'm learning again. Right now, I'm in a good space. Everything is lined up perfectly in my career. I love my kids, I love my life. I'm very happy right now, and that's all that matters.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 15: I'd rather hear that, though. Boy, a few weeks ago, she was like, this man is f fing the hell out of her. And when you know this man runs a four point four six and forty yard dashing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: You act like you were in that position, Like you.
Speaker 14: Did you see the video of him on the party he fell off? But did you see that video of him the back?
Speaker 7: And I was like, whoa.
Speaker 15: That's what I'm saying as a man, men should just be learning from this situation because these women will move on. I don't care how many kids you got with him. I don't care if you know you thought that you was the love of their life.
Speaker 3: I don't care if y'all were married.
Speaker 15: When they are fed up, they fed up, and they will move on to somebody who runs a four point four six and the forty would have three here sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Text your wife, your lady, your girl this morning just said I love you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I appreciate nigga that nigga got that girl on here talking about I'm learning how to crawl.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm learning how to crawl.
Speaker 3: Again, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: So don't so please, you know, Cardy, don't think that men are hating. Really some of.
Speaker 3: It is just sick. It's just sick. I can't even make my back hurt just thinking about it and projecting.
Speaker 7: Because them guys, them same guys lost they women.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: They weren't crawling personal, but now she's crawling.
Speaker 3: But that's all y'all should have learned this from Tyler Perry movies a long time ago. It's stupid woman because they.
Speaker 5: Up at the end of the rock, yes, the rock, and we ain't even get a number two at that. We need to get a second one, a third movie.
Speaker 3: We ain't get a third movie. He died, He drove who was that she was doing? Drove off from? Janet died? Come to rock with flowers?
Speaker 14: Ain't that mountain too many times? We gotta get out of here, chill Ain't gonna go up that mountain too many times?
Speaker 3: All I'm saying in the room, have no idea what you're talking about?
Speaker 7: Do you You don't watch Tyler Perry. Let's because the don't watch Barry.
Speaker 1: I'm not Dominican. But all right, well that's the latest with Lauren Charlamagne. Who he even that donkey two.
Speaker 15: Man for after the hour. We need a pech heck stuff to come to the front of the kind of gation. We'd like to have a word with him police.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast Club. Don't be out here after like a donkey, he bitch, it's time.
Speaker 11: For Donkey of the Day. I'm a big boy. I could take it if he feel out deserve.
Speaker 3: It ain't no big dep I know. Charlottegeia, God say the mouth. You gotta say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm meaning.
Speaker 1: We's getting that donky, that donkey that don't don't don't don't don't.
Speaker 11: Don't the other day right there.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club. Bitches, you can call me the donkey of the day.
Speaker 15: But like i'd be yes donky today for Wednesday, June fourth, goes the defense Secretary of Pete Hegseth. You know, Pete Hegseth are the same guy who was sharing details of a missile attack on signal.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 15: I don't know why he just didn't download WhatsApp like the rest of us. But Pete Hegseth the man who provides the president with expert okay, and I put expert in air quotes advice on national security and defense matters.
Speaker 3: It's clearly bored.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 15: There's a lot going on in the world that I'm sure he could be focused on. But yesterday we found out that he is focused on renaming ships. Yes, ships, Okay. Pete Hegseth has ordered the Navy to review the names of vessels honoring gay rights activists Harvey Milk, Harriet Tubman, and Rufe Beta Ginsburg. Let's go to ABC seven for the report.
Speaker 19: Please, the Secretary of Defense, Pete heg Seth has ordered the Navy to take the rare step of renaming a ship. The ship is named for murdered gay rights activists and Navy veteran Harvey Milk. Military dot Com first report at the timing of the announcement during Pride Month is intentional parby Milk was forced to resigned from the Navy in nineteen fifty five because of his sexual orientation. The USNS Harvey Milk is part of the John Lewis class of oilerships that are named after civil rights leaders.
Speaker 15: Okay, we all know that the Trump administration wants to purge all programs and policies and books and social media mentions of any references to diversity, equity, and inclusion. They are literally trying to erase anything they consider other out of the history books.
Speaker 3: Okay, it makes no sense.
Speaker 15: What other reason would you have to not want a ship named after Harvey Milk or Harriet Tubman or RBG. It's just the racier, nothing more, nothing less than everyone just needs to call it what it is. By the way, none of those three people would be considered dei hires.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 15: They all earned their legacies, they all earned their reputations.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 15: The reason they have their names on those ships, the reason people wanted to name those vessels after them, is simply because they're trailblazers who actually did things that people should recognize in honor, and you want.
Speaker 3: To erase that.
Speaker 15: Why I need to see the signal chat about this Pete, Okay, I need to see what your real reasoning is, not the politically correct reasoning you given to the media. Just tell us the truth, because the truth is you want to erase the legacy of civil rights leaders and gay icons like Harvey Milk in America. We cannot heal from what we don't reveal, Okay. Hiding our history is just simply gonna hurt our future. Now, Pete, you are the Secretary of Defense, Okay. Focusing on your job is crucial for the safety of not only this country but the world. Every American should be saying to themselves, Hey, Pete, don't you got better things to be doing? Okay, Pete, excef, you yourself just highlighted the threat posed by China's military build up. Okay, in particular concerning Taiwan. You could be focused on that. What about the ongoing conflict in Ukraine? Pete, you were absent at a recent NATO meeting on Ukraine and had people questioning the US's engagement in the conflict.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me you was absent.
Speaker 15: From the meeting because you're too busy worried about ships being named after Harriet Tubman. Okay, Yo, Pete, Department of Defense has proposed significant budget cuts, which I'm happy about because anytime you want to talk about wasteful spending, you should start at the DD. But if these budget cuts reduce senior military ranks by twenty percent, like they are proposing, then that could impact the military strategic.
Speaker 3: And operational readiness.
Speaker 15: And y'all definitely not gonna be ready if the Department of Defense is too busy worried about renaming ships. Okay, Pete, except I don't care what a ship is named. When there are headlines in the Economic Times that read world War three looms, Global leaders given two weeks as the clock takes toward catastrophe. See while we worried about the Diddy trial, others are preparing for World War three.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was reading an article this morning.
Speaker 15: The headline was Britain's biggest biggest companies are preparing for a third World War. As various conflicts threatened to erupt, bosses are taking steps to ensure their businesses survive. The Deputy Chief of Russia Security Councils said last week, hold On said, last week, I don't remember everything.
Speaker 3: It was a blur.
Speaker 15: I don't think it was last week yes, but he said, and I quote regarding Trump's words about Putin playing with fire and really bad things happening to Russia. I only know of one really bad thing, World War III. I hope Trump understands this. That was a direct quote from the Deputy chief of Russia's Security Council. And Pete Hexsef. You worried about the name of ships.
Speaker 3: No you're not.
Speaker 15: You're trying to distract from some of the things I just said. But what you will learn, Pete is truth is like the sun. You can shut it out, but it is not going away. Please get Pete Hegsef. The sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you are the dog gee.
Speaker 3: Of the day.
Speaker 7: Dog gee.
Speaker 3: Ye so dumb beyond it's a distraction.
Speaker 15: Stay focused, all right. World War three is apparently around the corner. I don't see that either. Holy not, we won't see that either. The others are preparing for it. So then you just pay attention. Yes, all right, well thank you for that donkey Today.
Speaker 1: Now, when we come back, we have the first black actress to play Alphabra full time and Wicked on Broadway, Lyncia Kabeta. She'll be joining us when we come back. I checked out the play. Play was amazing. Mis loved it.
Speaker 6: What's her name?
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say it again. You see it?
Speaker 1: Cadeba Cadeba, Corbetta, come Betabetta Combetta will be joining us all right, and we're gonna talk to her next.
Speaker 3: She killed it on Bro.
Speaker 1: Wicked was amazing on Bro. Absolutely, my kids loved it. They enjoyed it, and we'll kick it with her in a minute. It's the Breakfast Love Corning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: One.
Speaker 3: Everybody is d E j N V jess Hilarius Charlamagne to god.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed, Letsia Cabetti.
Speaker 3: Did I say it right?
Speaker 13: Pretty close?
Speaker 3: What is it? Cobetta Betta? Welcome, thank you, welcome, welcome, welcome. Now if you don't know who she is, she's an actress and the first black actress.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, wait, look let me say something because she because she off here before we just started. She said, how did y'all find me? I said, you're the first black actress to play alpha be full time? How can we find she said?
Speaker 3: How dare I?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 18: Sir?
Speaker 14: She is your girls black actress to play Alpha Be full Time on the Broadway Wicked.
Speaker 3: How congratulations first and foremost, thank.
Speaker 13: You so much. I mean, it's a dream come true. It's like surreal sometimes and sometimes I'm like, oh yeah, this is exactly where I always thought I would be doing something like impactful for our community and our industry. But most days are just like I'm just dumbfounded. I can't believe I'm singing these songs.
Speaker 3: Well, what did it mean for you personally? And what did it mean for Brown personally?
Speaker 13: It was an opportunity to tell the story of my community, our struggles, our strengths, our power, for our for our industry, for the entertainment industry. I think it just opened the eyes of who can do what and who was capable of what, and just like brought a more creative outlook to art.
Speaker 3: Now you weren't Hamilton before, But I want to start from the beginning my birth. Okay, did you how did you get into the arts?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 3: What was it so special to you? Said? This is what I wanted to do.
Speaker 13: You know, It's funny. I started at church and I hated singing. My parents saw something special in me and kind of like thrust me into music.
Speaker 3: And correct.
Speaker 13: Both my parents are from Ethiopia immigrants, so I'm first generation. And I loved playing outside. I loved playing sports. I was super into my academics too. I was just like a really hype kid. I feel like I was just I couldn't be stopped. I've lots of energy, especially for this role, but like being inside rehearsing and like, I just was like, I want to be outside and I want to be playing. But I started to see like how music affected people, specifically in church, and how that moved people spiritually, and I was like, wait, I think I'm good at it. Something. I don't know what it is. I don't know how to hone in on it, but I know that it just feels special. So I wanted to keep trying. And then I started doing like community theater and middle school and high school, and in college, I decided I wasn't going to study it. I had other interests. I studied diplomacy and world affairs and undergrad and politics, all different angles to make like positive change to the world around me.
Speaker 3: And then you got to Broadway. So explain how you got to Broadway and those feelings.
Speaker 13: Midway through my five year run in Hamilton. The audition for Alphabet came up, and I already actually had another job offer that I was very excited to embark on. And my team was like, I mean, it depends on what you want to do, and I was like, WHOA, No black woman has ever played this role. I'm not going to pass up this opportunity. So auditions it was like six rounds across maybe like four months of me flying to New York from La on zoom, just lots of different It's a long process. If that's such a technical skill, would that that is required for this character. So after all those rounds and up and downs of the emotions, I got it, I don't I got it, I don't am I good?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 13: It's just like so much inner turmoil. I finally got the call from my agent and I started cracking up. I'd like I couldn't even like emote. I was just like, this cannot be happening right now.
Speaker 6: They thought it was a joke or you didn't know what you felt.
Speaker 13: I think I didn't know what I felt. I was like in shock.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 13: At that point, I think I had convinced myself that it was highly possible. I was I was in the final like four people maybe, but I was like, Universe, God Mother, I receive whatever is mine. However, I want this, and I feel like I would be great for this moment, but like I accept the outcome. So I think I was. I was playing both outcomes internally so well that no matter what that call, whatever the outcome of that call would have been, I would have been ready. So I think my body was like, Okay, this is happening. I had to like go on a walk and like ground myself to remember what was real.
Speaker 15: I couldn't believe how many times do people try to gaslight you, like is America ready for a black alphable?
Speaker 3: Like the damn green face isn't fantasy enough.
Speaker 13: It's so silly, and it's people say things like she's green, like it doesn't matter what her race is. And I'm like, she's green exactly. She looks different than everybody else, Like that is the point. So I do think the world was ready. I do think the world was ready, and I feel so grateful that it was me.
Speaker 3: You know, it's only dressing.
Speaker 15: Like I took my nine year old and my six year old to see Wicked on Broadway, and they saw the movie, So it's the dim alpha.
Speaker 3: But is black black? Isn't that like if I say, if I say that, like you know, she's black.
Speaker 9: Right like.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 13: It is crazy that this generation gets to live in this in this climate and see it as normal, Like that's what they get to grow up experiencing. And that's my favorite part of this is this whole generation that is just this is their norm.
Speaker 15: Why do you think it took decades for a black woman to get this role full time? Like what does that say about Broadway?
Speaker 3: If anything?
Speaker 13: I think art is a reflection of the society it represents. So I don't think Broadway was particularly doing anything outside of what our country represented. And as times have changed, so has art. Art has shifted. So I feel like it's exactly the timing is exactly right. And again, like I can't speak to why it took this long, but all I know is I'm happy I'm here.
Speaker 3: Do you get a lot of love or do you get a lot of hate?
Speaker 13: I get a lot of love. I mean, haters are haters. There's always haters, there's always critics.
Speaker 1: The reason I asked is like I took my caids too, And of course the majority of people in there are others, well, I should say, are white.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, but I was wondering mothers.
Speaker 7: The other Actually I'm green, okay?
Speaker 3: And what type of hate do you get? Is it letters?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 3: Because I thought that the play was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Like I said, when I seen you in Hall, I took my three year old and then I took my twenty three year old.
Speaker 13: Wow, and they both enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: They both joined.
Speaker 13: It's crazy across the generations people relate.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's the hate.
Speaker 13: I don't know. I wouldn't even call it hate more than just like strong opinions, because less so about race, more just because this is a long running show twenty two years. Everyone who has seen who comes to see Wicked has seen Wicked more or less. The amount of people who is who are new to this piece of work is very little. So everybody knows every word, every intonation, like every way, every single line goes, or every vote part goes. So it's less like why they're a black alphabet. I don't really get that there's more celebratory energy about the racial thing. But people just like what they like, and you know what, that's fine. I cannot be for everyone, and I think that's what this show is teaching me, especially this character who has to fight with the world around her not trusting her and misunderstanding her. But she always says true to who she is, and that I think is my biggest takeaway from playing this role.
Speaker 1: We'll still kicking it with Lindsay at Cobbetta. She's the first black actress to play Alphabra full time in Wicked on Broadway. I took my kids there. Amazing show.
Speaker 7: Jess, what was the most challenging part about playing Alphaba?
Speaker 6: If there are any, I.
Speaker 13: Would say a mental and emotional fatigue. The show is very emotionally taxing. I am constantly faced with like the biggest, most complicated inner feelings that specifically a black woman can experience, feeling othered, feeling misunderstood, not being trusted, disillusion believing in someone, trusting in someone, and then realizing that it's not what it seems. So I think there's a lot of times when I leave the show and I have to just like I don't even turn on the lights in my apartment for hours. I have to be like dead in my head because it's just like the emotional rollercoaster of what the character requires also requires me to plug in and charge when I'm not there.
Speaker 15: Let's stay there for a minute. Yeah, because alphabet is one of the most demanding roles.
Speaker 13: And if not the most.
Speaker 15: If you have so, what's your apprecial ritual to get into that hedge space and voice space every night?
Speaker 13: I think I definitely take stock in how I'm feeling. If I'm feeling like more tired, maybe I listen to like hype music or like take a walk or like take a hot yoga class something to get me my energy going. But if I'm feeling particularly stimulated that day, so when I was listening to like jazz and something calmer, I usually do like a thirty minute warm up, half of it physical, half of it vocal. And then while I'm getting the greening, which takes thirty minutes to do my makeup every day. When they're doing that for me, that's when I play music, and music I feel like is what drops me into whatever emotional space I need to get into the character.
Speaker 5: Make up only sixteen thirty minute thirty minutes. Yeah, yeah, I expect it more right.
Speaker 13: People usually think it takes like hours.
Speaker 3: Okay, probably just do your face, neck and hands right.
Speaker 13: Right and like a little bit down my back, but like it's only a little bit down my arm.
Speaker 3: So do you have a life on Broadway? Can you have a life on Broadway with the amount of shows that you?
Speaker 13: Let me tell you eight a week? We have one day off yesterday, I could say there, you can have a life on Broadway. When you're alphabra, though, which is a different.
Speaker 3: Beast, there is no life.
Speaker 13: It's very difficult.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 17: I try.
Speaker 13: I'm a communal being. I need the energy of others, so I try to balance it. But most states I do spend chilling on my own because, like I said, the mental toll is really I really have to like relax in order to bring my whole heart and soul emotionally to the character. So everybody has a life, but I have less of a life. But you know what the sacrifice is worth it? Let me tell you it is worth it.
Speaker 15: What's harder hitting that defying gravity? Note eight times a week are carrying the weight of representation every time the curry cool?
Speaker 13: I ain't that the question? Definitely the representation. It's just it means so much to so many people, and like I think another back to what you were saying about the hardest parts of the role, Like I put a lot of pressure on myself to make every interaction I have through this period of my life has something meaningful to audiences black, brown, white, it don't matter, Like I just I think that that opportunity can sometimes feel like pressure to me, just because I care so much and I really want, especially the kids. I want kids to go away feeling empowered. So defying gravity is like it's like a science is like this is how you're sing it. It's vocal technique, but with the cultural, racial, emotional aspects of it, like those those things take real care, and I really put a lot of effort into how I present myself and what I share with my community.
Speaker 3: So you feel actual pressure to represent.
Speaker 13: I do feel pressure in that. I feel like it's more self induced, just because, like I said, I care so much about positively impacting the worlds around me, and that's I feel like that's been one of my dreams since I was a kid, Like I never knew what I would do growing up. But that's kind of why I went into politics for a little while too, and still have a passion for it. Is that I care so much about just like positively inspiring people. So yeah, I do feel pressure, only because that's what I choose to care about. I don't think anybody puts it on me besides myself, which is why this role teaches me to stay, you know, connected and true to who I am, regardless of what's happening around me.
Speaker 15: Because I feel like if you just bring your full self to the roles.
Speaker 13: That's enough. I completely agree, and that's exactly what the character does. She brings herself to all these crazy life situations and that's how she survives and thrives.
Speaker 6: Have you met Cynthia Arriva.
Speaker 13: I haven't met her yet. If she did send me flowers on my debut, my first show, which is sweet, but I think we should probably be doing some stuff soon. Excited.
Speaker 15: How do you navigate being celebrated but still feeling like you're breaking through systems that weren't designed for you.
Speaker 13: I celebrate myself because what I'm doing is a literal revolution, and I believe art is a part of social change and political growth. I believe art shapes culture and culture shapes art. It's sort of symbiotic in that way. So I feel like the fact that I have the opportunity to break through these barriers also like strengthens my relationship with myself. I'm like, yeah, you did that.
Speaker 3: Who is your elphable growing up?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 3: Who made you believe you can defy grab it?
Speaker 13: That's a great question, I would say seeing Cynthia for sure. I mean Cynthia has done so many amazing projects which like haven't just inspire me endlessly. Audre McDonald also how she has crossed over to different industries, to within the entertainment industry. So seeing black women be sort of like multi hyphenated artists, it's inspired me so much and made me feel like like if they can do it, you know I can't do.
Speaker 3: Are you a same thing or doing anything together? At the Tony Awards, you said.
Speaker 13: I pray, honey. That's what I'm I am asking the universe and doing all the networking I can. She is hosting, I pray.
Speaker 7: I pray.
Speaker 13: So if anyone can hear me bring me to the Tonys. I would like to be in attendance. I think it would be really great for our community.
Speaker 3: You haven't been nominated yet.
Speaker 13: I can't be nominated for Wicked because it's not a new show in this season. I know that, Yeah, that's that's a thing.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. But if you're an actress, are actor that takes the role to another.
Speaker 13: Level, yeah you've done I will thank you one to I agree. I do think that long running show should have the opportunity to award you know, particular performances in that way. But for my knowledge of how it works, it's about the new works of that season. There's like, maybe you know, September of the last year until March of the current year, some timeline that the show has to open from what I underson.
Speaker 5: So the first week, your first week on broadbab after you realize, okay, this is really eight shows, what was that feeling on that Sunday?
Speaker 13: You know, this is probably gonna be surprising to you maybe, but I was like, no, I got this.
Speaker 6: I was like, I was so.
Speaker 13: Concerned with my ability to sustain this, and I was wrong for doubting that I really was. I finished the week and I was like, look, it's a lot of work. I'm tired. My body's tired, my voice is tired, my mind is tired. But like I'm equipped. I feel like I feel like I've had a lot of work experiences that I've built me to be able to sustain this, and like my body is strong, so long as I take care of her, she serves me. So I finished that weekend. I was like so impressed with my own ability to be honest.
Speaker 7: Shot, I'm a sure right person, got the job.
Speaker 13: Thank you are amazing.
Speaker 1: You keep killing it. Like I said, my family loved it. We had a great time. So candy was expensive. I ain't go from my kids wanted every piece.
Speaker 13: Of can they know that the kids will eat the snacks, but they had.
Speaker 3: A great time. Loved this so much. Thank you so much, man, pleasure. You gotta go check it out.
Speaker 7: I am I'm the only one who has not come on out. I'm coming girl.
Speaker 6: I know about you, so I'm like, I gotta come and support you.
Speaker 13: Appreciate it and you all amazing. Thank you all right, Lyncia, Lyncia, Lyncia, you got it.
Speaker 3: Last name Cabetta, Cobetta. He's still gonna mess it up. Ladies and gentlemen. It's the Breakfast Club. Come morning. Thank you so much, Thank you so much, The Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ Envy just Hilario Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the Latest with Lauren lom you coming straight fast.
Speaker 14: She gets them from somebody that knows, somebody detail, the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 11: She'd be having the latest on the Latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 15: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 11: Well, it's the leader on the Breakfast Club to me.
Speaker 14: Well, yesterday in the courtroom, a man named Eddie Garcia took the sand. So, Eddie Garcia is the guy that I mentioned to you guys a couple of days ago when I was said that somebody got on the sceand got their community and then was supposed to come back and testify, but they didn't end up getting to him. So Eddie Garcia worked at the Intercontinental Hotel, which is the hotel where the Cassie beating video went down. At the time of the video, he was the security supervisor. So he got on seeing and testified that they received one hundred thousand dollars from Diddy to get rid of the Cassie beating video. That is what he alleged went down. He says that it was split three ways. It was split between one of his bosses at the Intercontinental who reseived fifty thousand dollars Garcia. Eddie Garcia alleges that he then took thirty K and he gave another one of the employees twenty k. These are all people who were like involved in like actually saw the video erase the videos off the server. One of them is a manager who actually allegedly had the conversation in addition to Eddie Garcia with Christina Karan and Diddy. So the way he says this went down is he says, one day he received a phone call, and this was following the Diddy incident that happened on March tenth, twenty sixteen. He says he got a phone call from a New York number and on the phone, he alleges, was Christina Karam, who was an employee of Ditties, and on the phone she at the time she was she for staff for Combs Enterprises. So he says, on the phone, she then asked him about the video, the security video, and he says that, you know, she claimed that Diddy was intoxicated at the time in the video and that he didn't remember the event was soever. So then she goes on and she's like, she's asking for the video to be deleted, and Garcia is like, well, I don't have any control over that. I want to like, I can't, like you see the video. I can't talk about things being deleted. I can't talk anything about this video. You have to speak to hotel management. So then he says he was later informed that Christina Karam allegedly was in the hotel lobby looking for him and she was asking for the video. So he says that again he told her to talk to hotel management or that they would have to file for a subpoena like something in court where they could get the video. So he does admit though that he told her like, look off the record. The video is really bad, but there's nothing that I can.
Speaker 4: Do for you.
Speaker 14: So then Eddie Garcia says that he later got another phone call from Christina Karam, but at that time, Diddy's on the on the phone. So when he gets on the phone, Diddy's on the phone asking to again get the video, and he's like, you know, Diddy was nervous, he was fast talking allegedly, but again he denied the request to give them the video. After that phone call, They then called him again, but this time it was from Diddy's own personal phone, allegedly, and Diddy was basically telling him like, look, this video could ruin my career. So Garcia is like, listen, I don't have access to Eddie. Garcia is like, I don't have access to the server anyway, but if you, you know, want to make something happen, my manager is a person that you would have to talk to. And did he told him like, look, if you can figure this out, we'll take care of you. And Garcia at the time says that he interpreted that as, you know, a money offer. So they then connect him or he then goes and talks to his supervisor, his manager supervisor, and this is the guy that he says, name is Bill Madrano.
Speaker 7: That's the guy that got the fifty k. Now.
Speaker 14: He says that when he talked to him, his supervisor originally said, look, I'll do it for fifty thousand dollars. Just tell Diddy allegedly like, you know, fifty thousand dollars, put me on the phone with them, I'll take care of it. So he gets back on the phone with them, he says, did he refers to the Madrano guy as like his angel because he's willing to do it. So then Eddie Garcia they go and meet up with Diddy at this like a high rise building in West la. He says that Diddy's counting like money through a money counter and the money counter rang up one hundred thousand dollars and he gave him the money. He says, he said that did he said to him, like, you know, be careful how you spend all the money or whatever. But there were NDAs that were brought to him. Did he allegedly also act for their like IDs of everybody that was involved. Did he act allegedly if there was other videos on the server, like if that was the only copy, if there was anything on the cloud and he told him, like you know that that was all that was there, and he says that did he he alleged that did he actually FaceTime Cassie and put Cassie on the phone, And she also allegedly confirmed that she did not want the video to become public.
Speaker 7: She had a movie coming out and she just didn't want it to become public.
Speaker 3: So so question what does this have to do with his case?
Speaker 4: Like what is that?
Speaker 3: What does this fall under? Like his racketeering or what charge does this apply to.
Speaker 14: I believe that this is going to go to him using money and his influence to be able to cover things up and move around. Like so you have all the domestic violence videos which show the whole force coercion and did they're legend. This is why Cassie was scared to stay in a relationship. But then you have him number one, If it's yes, bribery, but also if you're if you are knowingly right, if this is proven that he did this, that means you knew you did something wrong and then and after you know you do something wrong, you then go and use your power, you're influencing, your money to then cover it up.
Speaker 3: Is bribery?
Speaker 1: Yes, Getting a guy asked for the money though didn't did he just say hey, I want the video deleted and the guy said it'll take fifty thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Or is that bribery if the guy asks?
Speaker 14: But prior to that, Eddie Garcia says, did he told him I'll take care of y'all. So he interpreted that as a money offer. And then there was the other hotel security guy. It was weeks ago.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm looking at the New York Post article. In the New York Post article said, Sean did he combs bribe to hotel security? So if you look at the racketeer and charge, bribery is one of the things when I hear Lauren explaining all this, I'm just trying to figure out what exactly does that have to do with his case and his bribery.
Speaker 14: Yes, but but so the bribery, the physical because people keep people are upset.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I'm not saying that we know it.
Speaker 14: I'm saying people are trying to figure out why do they keep even going back to this incident, like why do you care to prove that there was money pay?
Speaker 7: Why do you care to talk about bribery?
Speaker 14: Because he's not being charged with domestic violence, But the bribery, the physical, alleged violence, all these things are things that the government is saying. This is an entire conspiracy that he uses his employees and his businesses to successfully do, and people are scared to get away from it so allegedly, so if they're scared, you can make them do anything.
Speaker 3: Quick question.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing that Trump was convicted for when he bribed old girl ribery. Regardless the porn star. Yes, yes, And now the next question, then how did the video get out? Did they know how the video got out then, because if they wiped all the clouds and nobody else had a video, how did that video come out there?
Speaker 14: So Eddie Eddie Garcia says that one day they just saw the video in the media. He says that he got screenshots sent to him. They just literally, he said, the video years later, they just saw on the news outlet. One of the guys who was involved, who responded during the time of the actual incident, text them a screenshot of the video on CNN, and Eddie Garcia said when he got all these sex messages, he deleted all of the related messages because he didn't want nothing to do with it. But he didn't go into exactly how it made it. He just said it popped up on seeing it, and.
Speaker 15: They said another hotel guard testified that he recorded the footage on his phone so he could show his wife.
Speaker 14: That's the first guy we talked about him a minute ago. That was the very first guy from the Intercontinental Hotel who's now an LAPD officer.
Speaker 3: You know that dude only ended up with thirty dollars, but he broke it.
Speaker 7: He because he burst it down thirty thousand, and he bought a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gave He gave his boss fifty grand. He gave another security guard twenty.
Speaker 14: Because it was there were multiple people involved, the boss had to say, yeah, we'll do it.
Speaker 7: That's who said the fifty k.
Speaker 14: And then then you have this other guy who was involved because he's seeing the video, he knowing the conversation, he's knowing that they came to the hotel.
Speaker 7: So they're all involved at.
Speaker 15: Every point week ass negotiators bro yes, video like that is worked for a few million?
Speaker 3: Are y all crazy? Did he said in my career? But he won't.
Speaker 14: But they also they recognized who did he was, So I'm sure that there's like a fan element to that, right. But also at the time, Eddie Garcia is making ten dollars and fifty cents per hour.
Speaker 3: And that's why that's why she would have been negotiated. And you got to have a bird around you, because a bird would have went to Google and.
Speaker 15: Been like, Yo, this dude is worth such and such one hundreds and millions of dollars, one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: We've shooting two low guys and did. He told him, this is gonna ruin my career if this ever comes out.
Speaker 3: What you got eyes?
Speaker 15: I would watch that video yourself and know that could ruin Diddy's career in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's because there's a difference between the trouble between if you get a hundred thousand and a million like that, the same trumble.
Speaker 14: But I think the first security guard, like I really think that there was a fan element to this because the first security guard that you're talking about that we talked about a couple of weeks ago, he literally recorded the video because he's like, no one's going to believe that this is happening.
Speaker 7: Like you see Diddy in this video.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god, have you seen Austin Powers?
Speaker 15: I need one million dollars okay a piece between all three of us. And then when Diddy would have been like, that's a lot of money, more money, more problems.
Speaker 7: But then.
Speaker 14: What movie was Casey and she had the perfect match coming out? She had testified that, Remember she did the perfect match with Mike You remember, oh yeah, so she she had the perfect match coming out or whatever, and she testified that that weekend. Remember she did the freak off because she didn't want to get into any physical altercations or whatever allegedly with Diddy because she wanted to be able to go to her movie premiere. So she's she's saying, I don't want this to come out because my movie's coming blah blah blah. But the man is making ten dollars and fifty cents per hour. And then after that, he said that even after the money exchange happened, did he act that year texted them like happy Eastern, So you know, he feels like he has like a relationship now with Diddy or whatever. But did he take him that according to uh, but he told the guy you my angel before he gave him the money. That was the fifty k guy that was the supervisor. But yeah, because now they're getting rid of the video. So I mean, outside of that, the courtroom is self exploded because there was a lady inside of the court who started yelling at Diddy that they out to get them, and she dared the security guards to pull out their guns and use them, and y'all cords getting crazy.
Speaker 5: It's just a lot going on over there. It was Correg K Barney that something, No, it was just another just a random woman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 14: It was a random woman inside of the courtroom. Because people they just let random people in there. Yeah, because you people of the public can come to view it, like they have a right to come and view it, and they do. Like there was people in there with their families the other day when I was there, my Happy birthday to Quincy Brown.
Speaker 3: Did he's son?
Speaker 14: Oh we've never heard his last name. Yes, yeah, we never heard his last name.
Speaker 13: Right, I was like.
Speaker 3: His real name, Quincy Brown.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've never heard his last name.
Speaker 13: Damn.
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for the latest, Lord, welcome, all right, when we come back and look, it's also King George, the third, King George the third birthday. He would have been two hundred and eighty seven. He's born in seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, crashed, all right, yes it is. When we come back. We got the People's choice mixes, the Breakfast Club awarded.
Speaker 3: You're checking out the Breakfast Club morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's j Envy, just Hilarius Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. It is Pride Month and it's time we wrap a gay a day.
Speaker 3: Just to take this right, got break Bows's Gay outside.
Speaker 5: Ya yaya yea.
Speaker 6: Yes, y'all.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna go on this gay ride for Pride today and we're gonna wrap my best friend, Sheena.
Speaker 6: She is the most humble.
Speaker 3: Stud that I've ever met in my life. What's so funny?
Speaker 6: I don't understand?
Speaker 3: Hello, humble stud is She is a humble stood.
Speaker 5: And I'm happy because she uh is now dating someone. Nobody has ever dated her for a long, long long time. I was even questioning if she was gay. But she is back from the gay graves and she is dating and I love you.
Speaker 6: Shehena, she's dating.
Speaker 3: She's dating a woman.
Speaker 6: I said, she's back from.
Speaker 3: The gay graves to make sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I felt like, you know, her gay was expiring your like she was like single for.
Speaker 3: Like a good ten years.
Speaker 6: So I was like, oh my god, lord, but my girl is down there. She's probably driving the bus listening to us.
Speaker 3: Yes, and all the bus drivers out there, we appreciate your service. Why you don't You don't.
Speaker 7: Got a Greek up with the rest of the bus drivers.
Speaker 6: No, this is just her moment.
Speaker 3: I want. Can I have a picture she driving the bus?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 3: She won't send me one. Yeah, because what uniform? No, No, that is she driving public or little.
Speaker 6: Kids or no public buses transportation?
Speaker 5: Yes, oh so you could just wait on the bus and Stimore's finest Craig kids going about mess on.
Speaker 7: Her every day.
Speaker 3: But she and the kudo like so she driving the book look like a character in an ice Cube movie. Like you know, I love you, I love you so much. Boom, salute tomorrow. Brock killed for joining us this morning, end man.
Speaker 6: That lady is so beautiful.
Speaker 15: You know what I was thinking when I see women like Marl Brock and kill, Why would any Why are you older men want these young girls when black women age like that?
Speaker 3: She looks so good? What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: What are we talking about? That's probably why she's married. That's oh she's married? Yes, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: And also Lycia Kabita, Yes, the first black actress to play what is it?
Speaker 4: What was that?
Speaker 3: Combetta? Cobetta, Coubet, keep putting the d Commetta.
Speaker 1: She's the first black actress to play Alpha bro full time and Wicked on broad.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 1: And also I got to remind you guys, Father's Day weekend, I'll be in Atlantic City with Vibes car Tail. We're doing a huge Vibes called Day Taeil Father's Day weekend performance. So if you haven't got your tickets, get your tickets. It will sell out. The venue is not as big as the ball play, so it will sell out fast. I think they're almost gone. So if you want to see Vibes Cartel in Atlantic City, get your tickets asap.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be crazy, stupid yo. Oh wow, people gonna be outside everything. People love Vibes. That's right, y'all need to get your tickets. Also, Pittsburgh, I will be there Friday and Saturday. That's June thirteenth and fourteenth. Get your tickets if we have not yet, just a Laryspicial dot com. I'll be at the improv, the improv, The improv, the mprov. I know I was saying the funny Bone, but they owned by the same person.
Speaker 3: My bad. Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: I'll be there at the improv me and my brother.
Speaker 5: That's the Alexander Friday and Saturday, June thirteenth and fourteenth.
Speaker 6: Get your tickets now.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we got a positive note. Yes, the positive note is simple.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 3: You can run with a lie, but you can't hide from the truth. It will catch you. Have a blessed day, Breakfast club bitches, se y'all, finish for y'all, dumb