Speaker 1: How's uh, how's your health of those shoulder stingers and in residual.
Speaker 2: Effects and concerns, It's been good.
Speaker 3: It's got a lot of treatment done on it and everything sort of just work out the soreness within you know, the whole shoulder area, trap area. But it feels good, So I'll be good for this game.
Speaker 1: After you watched the film of the Ravens, do you feel like you have you guys have.
Speaker 4: The answers to some of the defensive wrinkles that they.
Speaker 2: Showed in that game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like our game plan was good just in terms of what we wanted to get done. It was just the execution part of it that I feel like, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't do a good enough job.
Speaker 3: And and you know, I think our mindset and everything going into it was good, but it's I felt short in terms of making it happen. And so when we watched the film and stuff like there was our plays were there, there's plays to be made, and we felt good, you know, getting through the film and and going man, we were right there and we had everything I feel like dialed up pretty good. I just didn't execute well. So yeah, if we you know, see him again down the road. Obviously we'd be excited to play them and all that, but we're just taking it one day at a time and and uh, we'll see how it all goes.
Speaker 2: That was a bad decision, was the first one. What should you have done different? Yeah? I mean, I mean that that drive.
Speaker 3: You know, we have two really explosive plays, you know, the third down and then the next play after that to George again. So it's like the emotion, everything's built up, like we're feeling good, and you know, they we call this play with what wasn't the right coverage, And so for myself it's like, all right, I do progress and check it down. In the moment, for myself, I was, you know, aggressive, I was like, all right, I just had two big plays. I'm trying to fit this one in and which obviously, looking back on it was not the right decision.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the smart plays quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's something that I have to grow in, you know, in terms of you make some big plays and stuff. But every play has a life of its own. Now, whatever play is next, you got to play to play the right way, not just feed off the emotion and everything that you felt from the previous plays. So that's something that I had to learn the hard way.
Speaker 5: Well, you find the balance of still playing aggressively ripping it down the field, but then also making good decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the games that I've played in, you know, there's a fine line of obviously ripping something that's tight, tight window or tight contested, but at the same time being smart with the ball in the situation of wherever the game is at. And so for myself, like I've played in enough games where I think I understand when and where I can be aggressive and take a chance, take a shot, and when I should progress, check it down, throw it away.
Speaker 2: Those kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Like I said, it's sort of just it's a situational kind of thing, and football is a game of situations. And so that's where I have to grow and continue to bank on experiences that I've that I've gone through. But at the same time, being a quarterback in the NFL, you gotta be able to take some some chances and some some wrists and some windows at the right time.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm learning right now.
Speaker 4: It relates to your stingers. You ain't had one prior to ever ever had one, consecutive weeks.
Speaker 5: Is that.
Speaker 4: I mean, even though you felt right and it has been explained to you that maybe they were still kind of lingering things that predisposed you to having one against the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one really said anything to me. I didn't really know the thing, and so I got it against the Ravens again and that sort of got explained, you know, Like I guess the the nerve or whatever can is a little bit more susceptible to sort of you know, stinging again. But you know, with treatment and some time and recovery and stuff, you can obviously get it to go down and be good to go.
Speaker 2: Everyone's different, is what I've heard.
Speaker 3: So for me, I was fine the whole game and then that one sack you just just got me right. I landed on it just right for it to go off, and but my feeling came back and everything. So it's just I guess part of part of the game, Soros.
Speaker 5: Is your approach or preparation a little different this week after a week, like you feel like.
Speaker 2: You didn't execute as so as I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my process, my routine and everything is is gonna be the same, Like I've done all year. It just comes down to the moment, you know, getting behind center, going through my reads in the moment, in the heat of battle, being smart with the ball, doing what we're trying to do on offense, and what the coaches are asking of me. And obviously it's just it's be smart and so but in terms of my process and everything, I'm gonna be the same guy that have been all year in terms of how get ready for a game. It's just gonna be you know, in the heat of battle, making the right decisions and and set up our offense and our team to have success in the right way.
Speaker 1: So it's going way early in your career. Was this Raven's game a learning experience in the sense of, like what it feels like when everything that could go wrong does go.
Speaker 5: Wrong and how to respond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's huge for me, you know, the whole season right building up to, like what they're saying is a huge game on Christmas Monday night football and all that, and it was a big game, and so, you know, for me, it's a great learning experience just in terms of you know, not you know, buying into what's going on around and what's being said instead you know, executing, you know in the moment, making the right reads, being consistent, protecting the ball, all those things. Man, it's such a good learning experience. And it's not to say I'm gonna be perfect moving forward like there's it's football, man, you're not perfect. But for me, I think it was huge just in terms of, you know, being a quarterback in this league. When things are going well, people can say some great things and and it's easy to buy into it a little bit, but man, you gotta put your down, go to work, have that chip on your shoulder still and and still prove to yourself that you know, you got to continue to show your teammates that you're the guy week in and week out.
Speaker 2: So definitely something for me to learn from.
Speaker 4: To the commanders, what stands out when you watch the.
Speaker 3: Film on them, yeah, I think it starts with the two boys up front ninety three and ninety four.
Speaker 2: I feel like, you know, they're they're very disruptive. They've been.
Speaker 3: Disruptive really their whole careers and stuff, so for us we respect them a lot. And then just their coverages behind it and everything, the boys in the secondary, their sound and what they do and you know, for us, it's you know, being smart with the ball, being on the right side of the field when with our reads and going through my progressions and being efficient. I feel like they've done a good job of, you know, making making some quarterbacks you know, have to be efficient and and take the shots when the opportunity presents itself. But I think overall their their solid squad and and and sound and.
Speaker 2: What they do.
Speaker 3: So for us, we can't get greedy or anything. You have to you know, for me, I have to go through my reads and and uh, stay disciplined more than anything.
Speaker 1: So I was yesterday that you thought like the most valuable experience for you the other night was continuing to compete after the interceptions. When can you take us into those moments that once you were thinking of, like how you know, how you flush and how you kind of move on to continue to compete in those moments and maybe how it can help you going forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, the game and the situation sort of just happened really quick. You know, they went up quick and in the second half, you know, third quarter, you know, they're up multiple scores, and so then it sort of feels like, all right, we have to make a play and at the same time we got all these turnovers, so don't turn the ball over. So just mentally it was a It was a good experience to understand, like you have to play one play at a time. You know, even if we're down multiple scores, you still have a whole second half to play. You have to still think clearly in terms of what we're trying to do with each play, not just try to get back into the game with one or two plays.
Speaker 2: You know, with explosives. It's being smart.
Speaker 3: It's taking a five yard out route or check down and getting a first down and managing those situations and playing quarterbacks still to get your team back in the lead, you know, by being an efficient quarterback. So those are all things I had to learn, you know. Towards the end, I feel like I was searching for those big plays to get back in the game rather than playing playing the position, and so watching the film was tough, but it was good for me.
Speaker 2: I had to learn it, and I'm glad it happened. Now.
Speaker 4: So something of.
Speaker 5: Your teammates, especially Nick Bosas, go down and support of you after the game. What does that mean to you and how does that help you approach this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's huge, you know, to hear you know, guys you know have my back and all that, which is great, and we understand, I think the big picture of what we're trying to do where we're at, and so obviously to have a bad game like that, it sucks and you don't want that to ever happen. But I mean they're they're mature man, and they get it. And for me, I appreciate them for for understanding, you know, the quarterback position and how tough is it, how tough it can be. But also you know, the reality of where we're at. You know, we're still you know number one. See we've gotten here for a reason, not just by chance. And so to hear them, you know, say those cool things, it means a lot to me. But you know, we're trying to win this week and take it one day at a time, and we'll get to where we need to be by just being in the present.
Speaker 4: So that your first support reption ever ever in your life. I guess you're kind of alluded to. You don't want to. Your mindset is okay, let's not throw a fifth interception or whatever, but you're also searching, still searching for big plays. So I guess it was it fred to say that you aren't completely like, you know, I guess scared or I'm throwing yet another pick and oh gosh, it's gonna look really bad that you're still searching for big players after it seems like there was a push and pool there.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, I mean, it's just not being in the right state of mind, you know, as a quarterback, you know, having the aggressive trigger to you know, make the throw the big play. Also, shoot, you don't want to turn the ball over again. It's just a it's a sucky state of mind to be in. And so but that's like the learning experience of going back and just taking it and saying, every play has a life of its own. You have to take it one play at a time and not try to win the game by.
Speaker 2: A couple of big plays.
Speaker 3: And when I'm thinking like that, I just wasn't in the right state of mind, you know, towards the end when we're trying to get back into it. So that that's the learning experience. So ah, I did not just happened to be Yeah, No, I had a hat head. Hat head coming in here.
Speaker 2: So I put it on for it. Yeah, that's too.
Speaker 3: I did a little growing up, all right, thanks, yeah, yeah, I appreciate it.