Speaker 1: I've been told, like, listen, there's a lot more famous people than you that could be doing this. But I'm you're doing this because you work hard. Sure do, Sure do. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Pregame Hey Girl Switched it Up this week, Sister, Sister. For those of you that didn't get a chance to listen, Aaron and I had our whole show this week on our experience in London going to the Taylor Swift concert. It was amazing. If you didn't get a chance to listen to that, and you care, that is what the big show was about this week. But for those of you that just want us in smaller doses, we will give you your normal pregame questions where you guys submit them. We always love it anonymous, but also we've got to figure out how to follow up with anonymous, because we sometimes start.
Speaker 3: Following up with us.
Speaker 2: It's a great question. Actually, you're right. The onus is on you, guys. We have follow up questions to some of these anonymous, But let's see what this week has in store for us. Right off the bat, Anonymous, my ex got out of a cab and never looked back, block me on everything together for four years, never heard from him again. Do I date again? Oh sister, Well, first of all, I'm so need a minute. Yeah, do you date again? Absolutely? You date again, because that can't be your last experience on this earth. Is having your ex get out of a cab and I don't know what happened, but it sounds like that person did you a massive favor. Because if that person, after four years, could get out of a cab and never look back, it's not the person that you thought he was him or her to got to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, that's a him problem. That's not a you problem. Yeah, that's him her problem.
Speaker 3: That's not a problem.
Speaker 2: And do I date again? Yes? You absolutely date again. I've talked about it at nauseum. I've been scorned in relationships and I think that, uh, just as a forever romantic, like you know, a hopeful optimist when it comes to romance. Yeah, you date again. You just need a minute. And then you should ask that person do they take cabs? Because why is he not in an uber? No, I'm kidding, You'll be okay, just maybe he's in London, there was any uber? That's true? What do you think about that, I just.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: Any sort of rejection heartbreak is so hard to deal with and see clarity in the moment. Right it's just like, why me? Why is this happening to me? Why does this keep happening? It will get better. You will feel better. It just won't be right away.
Speaker 3: But you could be Tailor's.
Speaker 2: You could be Taylor Swift and crying and saying so long London, and then Travis takes you off the stage in a cute little skit.
Speaker 1: So it'll get better. You'll be okay, we'll get better. It will Madison Lynn fourteen, Where is? Where is your favorite place to vacation? Mexico is my kind of go to because it's easy for us from Los Angeles. I really enjoyed Hawaii. I know you're not a big Hawaii gal. Oh my god, Bahamas that water Ora.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I do love akabo situation. When I know I'm going down there, get to get that Pico de gayo. Just I mean it, hits, I love it. It's it's easy. Can't do Hawaii. I had really bad experiences in Hawaii, got it. Nothing wrong with Hawaii is wrong with my own experiences there. Found out a boyfriend was cheating and then got engaged to someone I never should have gotten engaged you, so you know those aren't good. But yeah, no, you know when I say it to that, Aloha in mahaalo but very nice people in Hawaii. Sure my favorite place to vacation, though, if I have to pick one, I really did. I mean long, I can't go a lot because it's pricey. But the Amalfi Coast, Oh great, she pretty and like just Revella was a town in Italy that was so beautiful that I just loved. And the history and the cobbos don't the whole thing. So yeah, probably the Amalfi Coast Coast or Cabo. I would crush them on gueni and clams right now. Oh men, tastes like water. Sorry, Hannah Niederman, go ahead, babe. What's the correct order makeup, outfit or hair? Oh this is a great question. I love this question. I'm going out of the shower hair dry my hair. Don't do my hair, just dry it so get some of the moistrout. Then I start the makeup process because what I don't want to do is allocate too much time to the hair and then not have any time left from the makeup, So do the because worst case scenario, the hair's not dry, but you just throw that thing back like I do every single day. I need my hair done so bad, so hair half hair, makeup, finish on hair, outfit last. Can't do the outfit first.
Speaker 1: So I and I also sweating, and I also feel like I wrinkle it or get makeup on it if I put it on Linen.
Speaker 3: Yes, London, those were cute though, so long London and Linden pants exactly. Yeah, I'm bad at all three.
Speaker 1: You know what, I really become a fan of the old styling cream pulling back into a slip fun you.
Speaker 2: Can easy, you look great. You have your hair pulled back. For those of you that are just listening, Aaron does it. It crushes a pulled back. I can't look at this hairline. It goes way back, you can. What are you talking about? That's a ninety degree situation back there. Nothing that's a cola sac. I could play woofle ball back there. That's not a.
Speaker 1: Time that I can't have a half down out little ensemble you had in your hair for Taylor. Lauren even said that looks so good on you. Oh really, No, see, I'm just in a weird hair length right now? When am I not in a weird hair length? But the half up have to Punky Brewster coming at you.
Speaker 3: I loved that show. Brandon the Golden Retriever.
Speaker 1: Shannon Wyse up new dog Mama, congrats tips for training. Hobby is leaving it to me and I am loving it. I would start early, okay, goh, start early. I mean the biggest thing we found with Howie was and my mom kind of instilled this in us, taking him out to go potty like every hour, every two hours, so we never went in the house.
Speaker 3: We got really really lucky with.
Speaker 1: Howie in terms of like he didn't he doesn't eat shoes, he ate a couple of base boards, floorboards, whatever. But he was pretty good in the house, he really was. But I would start early, and I would definitely ask for recommendations with your friends in your area or neighbors on a good dog trainer.
Speaker 2: Very I like those a lot. Mine was also create training was really important different when you that was I say that for Willis who I got as a puppy. I could do it when you get a puppy or a dog later, like for Daisy, I didn't get heruntil she was three four, or my other dog's at the ranch, like I just I mean, they have had no training because they're ranch drugs, so they're all different. But I would just say if you were starting from a puppy and you can create train because it becomes their safe space. And then like when you leave and you go to dinner, you don't mind if they're in there for five hours or six hours max. Be my time allotment there because they like to be safe for them. That's where they like take a nap. Like even the dogs at the ranch that like run around all day long. Sometimes I'll put them in a crate just because they're out all night and then during the day like any sound they hear, those like babies are never sleeping like without interruptions. So crate training and don't feel bad because they like that little safe house space.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. My mom was really big on the crate training. That's a great point.
Speaker 2: Corney Rice five, what are your favorite places for a girls' night out in La We are kind of I'll just speak in generalities because I'm not really good with like specific restaurants and we aren't as consistent with like, oh, we're always meeting at this place. I think it's just any place that has like a good bar scene. Oh, we talked about we love Houston's. You love a place like that. We need more Houston's in our area. But like any place that has a good bar scene or what else do we like? We like a place that has a TV because if there's a game on, we like that. Yeah, I don't know. I'm so not in La like trendy spot person.
Speaker 3: I know, I know I'm not either.
Speaker 1: Just give me a TV, give me a margarita, and not too loud.
Speaker 3: So I can talk to my friends. I loved that bar in London that was such a nice bar.
Speaker 2: Thought, oh my god, shout out to Rosewood, the Rosewood Hotel, the bar there was. I'm not going to get it right, Scarfs bar, Is that right? I mean we went to it every night. Why you should know. Although that was good and.
Speaker 1: The singers and we were thinking and Whitney Houston, that was so good.
Speaker 2: I love a live band and nothing. I'm sure they hate nothing more than getting requests from people. But I was like, if you can give me a little Whitney Houston, I'll make it worth your while. And I kept hinting at the hundred dollars I had on the piano. But live music. I could sit there. We did that on our last night there and just listen. It was so great. Yes, if you're in London the Rosewood Hotel, Jaws, I'm thirty one. Oh wait, no, I'm sorry. Go ahead, I jumped you, elof what.
Speaker 3: Are your Oh you did it? Sorry elf?
Speaker 1: Favorite summertime beverages skinny Margarita'm not too sweet, not too spicy, So I guess I'm Meg Ryan.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always have a problem with it. I have a problem.
Speaker 1: I don't have a lot of drinks I like. And that was a big number one trip because these guys are so adventurous. They love all these different drinks full trime, and I'm like boring over here, boring, Betty, No, I'm not boring.
Speaker 2: You just know what you like. I yeah, I'll try anything, obviously. I at one point on the menu just closed my eyes and pointed at something and they brought us that one. It was good, it was sweet. I mean, I wouldn't do it again, but I would say consistently, my high Daisy, my consistent summertime drink apparol sprits or Jared's gotten me into the Mohedo. He ordered that, and now I am in a Moheed Mohedo crushed eye situation, Snap snap snacks a really great so good yeah. And next we've got jos And thirty one. What are some tips you would give someone who wants to start a new business? Start a business? I heard something today from Sarah Blakely, who is uber successful. She started spanks and she is just amazing. I saw a clip of hers that it didn't become legal for a woman to get a business loan on her own without a man until nineteen eighty eight. Do you know how gnarly that is nineteen eighty eight it took that long for women to be allowed to get a business loan without a man. Hello, that is like yesterday, nineteen eighty eight. I say this all to say kudos whoever it is that wrote in that you want to start a business, because first the tips that I would say, Joslyn thirty one, you little cutie, make sure you're passionate about it, because girl, you are going to spend a lot of time and probably a decent amount of cash getting this thing going. And there's going to be many nights. I remember like sitting here at this dining room table that I'm sitting at right now, like crying at three in the morning, trying to start house and home and sitting there by myself and doing it. And I know you have this tenfold with WHERE, but make sure it's something that you really are passionate about. And then also as your company grows, ask questions to people around you who know more than you, and don't be afraid to ask those questions to those people because they'll help you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, patients have patients lean on others. I think that was the biggest thing with WHERE. And I'm still learning and trying to lean on others. I didn't go to school for this. I don't know how to do this. I just know that there was a need for it. I knew that there was a white space for it. I thought everything would come all at once. Face it's a no brainer idea. So why isn't there success?
Speaker 3: Right away?
Speaker 1: Realize that there's going to be a lot more challenges and hurdles than there is success. The people that kind of hang in there are the ones that do have this six it doesn't happen overnight. And I know that's so cliche and annoying to hear, but it doesn't. There's a lot of people that are going to say that they could do it and try to act like they can sit back and watch, and there's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be like, that's a really great point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really shitty comments about it.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I've been told like, listen, there's a lot more famous people than you that could be doing this, but I'm you know you're doing this because you work hard, Sure do, Sure do?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I think that's a great point though, that you bring up about. I mean a lot of those are good points, but even just that idea where when you look around and you're like, wait, this didn't exist or to this extent, so why isn't it doing well? Like just not knowing if that immediate success is going to happen and not giving up on it. I'm reminding myself of that daily. Last but not least girl, Callie Kristen d no question, but wanted to.
Speaker 3: Tell you that your boss babe energy has really helped me.
Speaker 2: Oh it's very that is very sweet. And along those lines with that submission, standby please because I'm home now and I want to say this.
Speaker 3: I want to give a shout out.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it too, Hannah from Earthly Threads. I came home to a package that you sent us from for Calm Down and Earthly thread Threads. Earthly Threads is a family run business from Michigan and their mission is to create high quality products from ethically sourced materials. And we believe that you should never have to compromise on comfort or on style. So there's lounge wear and there's bamboo betting that she included in this package. I also have a bunch of stuff that she included for you and for Mac in this big package. But Hannah, I got to tell you it brought tears to my eyes and I will get emotional thinking of about it again in this message, and I would like to just read it, and I hope you don't mind if I share this, but I want Aaron to hear it because she hasn't heard it yet. A small personal note. My name is Hannah and I help run the social media accounts at Earthly Threads. My husband and I have big, big, big big fans of you and Aaron for many years. I'm a faithful Calm Down listener every week. Thank you so much for your humor, honesty, and vulnerability. Your work ethic and motto of say yes and figure it out later when presented with an opportunity has inspired me and has completely shifted my career. So thank you for your impact that you've had on my life. Knock it off, Hannah, I can't even take it. And that is so sweet, and I hope that you're okay with me passing along that sweet note that you wrote, and thank you for all the goodies erin. You're going to love this stuff. It's amazing. But I think that there's just it can't be overstated that and we got to meet some of you guys in London, people that listen to the podcast. How much we appreciate you. And I know sometimes we ramble and we don't even know what we're saying, but if it makes any bit of impact in your life, thank you and thank you for passing along that note. I appreciate it and the earthly the read's good. So with that, thank you guys for going on our London journey with us.
Speaker 3: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift, thank you for bringing joy to everyone. I wish I could write you a thousand letters like that, and anyone else that has had the opportunity to go to your concerts I know feels the same. And even if you haven't had a chance to go to a concert, just by proxy, she makes the world a better place. My gal over there is busy, busy, busy on the road doing things, so we will get a recap of all things back in our normal lives.
Speaker 3: My kid is turning one this week.
Speaker 2: I know Macaroon has already won. When did that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We were in London. No, no, no, it's this week.
Speaker 2: Maxwell. I can't wait for your birthday party. I love you all right, sister, I love you so much, so much fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for going on the adventure with us. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the next one, Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of Iheartrati.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. H