Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're black, we're brown ambush. I feel like that didn't have the soul that it was supposed to have, but you know it's close enough.
Speaker 2: Hey, managa, we're in between seasons right now. You know, it's like throws things off.
Speaker 3: I get it, you know, I don't have the soul.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was like it was rock salt and not lowries. But you know, sometimes, you know, sometimes you need salts, regular salt.
Speaker 4: A little bit of salt. How are things going?
Speaker 3: They're going good. I am planning like a fortieth birthday party.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, maybe I don't believe in dragging our businesses, So I'm gonna leave a light down mine.
Speaker 4: Wait dragging up?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: No, Because I've been planning a fortieth birthday party, which could coincidentally is the same day as your your baby shower.
Speaker 3: Solf.
Speaker 4: I No, that's like a milestone. Are you gonna do it up? Big?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just gonna because I feel like we're gonna do like a housewarming slash forty years so because we haven't had anyone really at the house. I mean people have come by, but not like an official capacity, you know, And so we had some vendors like you know, like, because I not vendors, I'm trying not to be as specific because I'm like she might listen.
Speaker 3: And it didn't go well.
Speaker 1: And it just was a really good, well, you know, athic, I'm gonna say it. So we're testing out some different people for food, and one of the vendors we had, like her, their food was, you know, on the saltier side, Like by saltier side, I mean like a seven out of ten.
Speaker 3: And so I gave a little feedback and it just.
Speaker 1: Didn't see I don't know if she didn't realize, but it was not really well received. And I thought, that's what tastings are for, to say, And I said it in like the most passive aggress the way it's possible because you.
Speaker 4: Know me, because we know you.
Speaker 2: It took you like five minutes to come around to what you wanted to say.
Speaker 3: Just that I said it.
Speaker 1: I was like, so, there are people in my family that have diabetes, so we just want to be careful about the sugar. So I named every illness that does not exist, and then I got around the hypertension and said, so we just want to be mindful about the salt.
Speaker 3: That's how I did it like that.
Speaker 1: I mean you would think, like I try to keep it really light, but it wasn't well received.
Speaker 3: And it's like instantly, energy like turned off.
Speaker 1: She started watching TV instead of talking, and I was like, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Were you did you go? Is this a friend or did you go to the like went to the restaurant for tasting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just went to there with whatever restaurant they were using for tasting. And I don't know, you know how sometimes you she might not have even realized that her energy turned off. So she might not have because she was really friendly and amazing in the beginning.
Speaker 3: But and I get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's a new business but I know sometimes people it's like I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my ish.
Speaker 2: Then you're in the service industry, the customer should be right.
Speaker 1: It was so because so I came with a friend of mine who's similar to like I always say I have people in my life that are like either me or like similar to like you Adrina.
Speaker 3: Who were like, well you know what it is? What it is?
Speaker 1: I don't you know, like, and so I brought a friend with like Rihanna with me, who was you know, very much like I said what I said, I wasn't rude about it, and so I was so like, Rihanna was just watching me like tap dance.
Speaker 3: Like because I was.
Speaker 1: I was so comfortable that she was clearly upset and I want.
Speaker 3: Her to be happy. And I was like, Rihanna was like we left.
Speaker 1: She's like typically, I was like what, She's like what I was like, I just feel really bad that she she seemed to be upset. She's like, typically, you could not have said it lighter, Like you literally could not have said it. She's like, I'm looking at you like you have family protection.
Speaker 4: I was, this is your fortieth birthday. You need the food to be on point, yes.
Speaker 1: And she said that She's like, you were really kind. You could not have said it lighter. She was like, you know, I just some people just don't receive feedback very well. And you know, but she's like it was clear that she shut down. Like I said, it wasn't she wasn't nasty, but it was very clear that she just shut down. So I had me thinking to myself, with one, have you even heard my feedback? Are you going to come with salty food still? Or two, if I give you feedback on the day of my party, are you going to make it uncomfortable?
Speaker 3: You know, because you know, some people don't mind.
Speaker 1: They're like, whatever, girl, I said what I said, but that's not me, And I'm like, I don't want to have to bat all these emotions on like my big fortieth birthday, you know. So yeah, but it was a good lesson for like sometimes, like whenever that happens, I always think, what's a good entrepreneur lesson in this?
Speaker 3: And for me, the good lesson.
Speaker 1: Was that sometimes you get feedback that feels uncomfortable and you might subconsciously shut down. She probably didn't think, like I said, she wasn't nasty, so I likely if I were to share this feedback with her, she probably be like, no, I didn't, So she probably didn't didn't think that she had created a very uncomfortable environment. But it taught me to like, Okay, Tiffany, this might happen where someone gives you a couple of feedback and you might subconsciously shut down, and to be mindful of creating energy and space where people can tell you when something is not right. So yeah, it was just really like when I tell you. It was like dead silent. Are you gonna dropped the pin? I was like, so guess we should leave.
Speaker 4: So are you definitely using her as a caterer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Okay? I I was.
Speaker 1: Like, well maybe if she we got to look at me like, are you kidding me? Tiffany, I was like okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's why I brought you.
Speaker 1: I always need my like my you know, my friend who is not afraid of like like you know, confrontation to be like.
Speaker 3: No, Tiffan A, so you're gonna use her? So that way.
Speaker 1: I mean I've made decisions like that where I'm like, this is an important day and because I didn't want the person to be upset with them even though I didn't like the service or the product, I've used it anyway, and I'm like, Tiffany, it's.
Speaker 3: Your big advanced age. We gotta break free.
Speaker 1: Like so like sometimes people please and just take take it to the next level.
Speaker 2: So, oh, you're smart to bring people who have the other side. I mean, it's not like you need to change. I'm sure your people pleasing nature is why you're so successful in other ways. So it's not like you need to learn how to be a jerk. You just bring the jerks.
Speaker 1: With you, Like, you know what I said, what I said, I wasn't rude because if you can stand in it, because I knew I wasn't rude.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, I hate that sense.
Speaker 1: Of like I don't know, I'm like, Tiany, why are you afraid she got to beat you up?
Speaker 3: Like what is happening?
Speaker 1: And so I just wish that's something that like I'm really trying to work on to be like more assertive.
Speaker 3: In this is what I like.
Speaker 1: This is what I said, and I'm not saying it in a rude way, but I am firm about it because if I honestly, I'm not gonna lie. If I went by myself, she probably would have had deposit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good resolution for your fortieth, your fourth decade. Own own your feelings and your opinions and don't don't apologize for them.
Speaker 4: A badass business lady, I know.
Speaker 3: And yet I'm you know, you know it's a crazy because you know what it is.
Speaker 1: What I've learned about myself is that when it comes to me, I'm like, ah, but let it be like someone on the team, family, friends, whatever, Like it's a different tipany. So I think the reason why it's like it's because when I'm doing things for my audience, like these are my dream catchers, like I'm very protective over them and their journey, and so nothing stands in the way of that. So when a bank or a brand or whoever, I feel like it is doing something that is not helpful and purposely harmful. So like a different tipany comes out. So I think that's what it is, is that I've learned that if I'm working in service of others, oh, then all bets are off. But when it comes to me personally, that's where I have a hard time.
Speaker 3: And that's why.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I remember like a few episodes, not a few, but probably like a year so ago, we talked about the bully friend. Yes, right, and so like, I'm very conscious now because I'd hired a bully friend and.
Speaker 3: She was brilliant, but she was indeed a bully friend.
Speaker 1: And I realize now that I'm really really careful because I'm looking for a new admin and I interviewed a few women and one of them gave me bully friend vibes.
Speaker 3: I said, absolutely not. Now, Meanwhile, she was brilliant like I could tell she was great, she would.
Speaker 1: Have been awesome, but I also knew that there was that little like inkling of she's a bully friend and she's gonna make like her personality is going to make you feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be afraid to ask her things.
Speaker 1: I can't have that in my admin, So I chose someone instead that I knew that, you know, our personalities where she was like really warm and welcoming, and that even when I was like deferential, that she didn't take advantage of that. And so I've learned that, like the parts of my personality, I don't know that they'll change, but I've also learned to offset it by not surrounding myself with people that are going to put me in a position to feel bullied, you know. So yeah, so that's I mean, honestly, that's really I think why I've like the business has done well is because when it comes to other people, I'm a beast, but when it comes to me, I'm like, so heard, you want to fight, let's go.
Speaker 2: Like that makes sense, that makes sense, I get it, but still something to work on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is definitely because I want to And now I say I feel like that's why I like, I look for people like you and Drina and Rihanna, because I'm like, so teach me your ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then that's the reason my husband is the one like Mandy put down the gloves, like it's not the moment we would always This is a good example.
Speaker 4: We went to see Hustlers this weekend and it was pretty good. It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: I love j Lo, like, I just feel like she's so underrated. I want her to get all.
Speaker 4: She never won.
Speaker 2: Anything for Selena, which I think is a damn crime. She doesn't have any Grammys. I'm just like, it's it's appalling that we have not, you know, given her her due. Anyways, so I'm happy that she's getting great reviews. But we saw it and it was like a late Sunday night showing, so it wasn't a pack theater. But there are these girls who were just like yapping through the entire movie. They got up and were talking to each other, and I mean, I I really desperately wanted to say something to them, like snarky or like, you know, get them to be quiet. But then I thought, and I looked at and Enrique. He knew what I was gonna do. He's like, not today. We don't want to get in a fight. These girls sound like they would fight you. It's like you're pregnant. Let's just like let it go. And I let it go. A younger Mandy may not have let.
Speaker 3: It go.
Speaker 4: Because I like to poke the beast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so supermad.
Speaker 1: I mean he's like, I mean he's pretty chill until and so, but he's not like if we would have went, he'd be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, this was saucy. He would have just said it and I would have looked at him like, but I find.
Speaker 1: That people like, I feel like people respect that, like you know that it's crazy because when you dance around it. I feel like people like I found that when I'm my most passive is when it brings out the aggression in others more so, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that, it's just a balance.
Speaker 1: Yes and so like yeah, cause I remember, like it wasn't until like I learned to stand up for myself. When I was teaching preschool in Newark. It was like my first year and I was such a punk and the parents she used to treat me like tirash Like I'd be.
Speaker 3: Like oh, excuse me, miss ma'am. You really can't come. Let shut up. I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: And then one day, one day, I was sick of it and I told the biggest bad parent, I never forget that year. I was like, it was like ten o'clock and I think we didn't take kids past like nine thirty, and but she was always late, like willfully late, even though she lived across the street. And I was like, and it was raining. I remember I had like the little chain on the door. We had this big metal door and I opened it and I was like, yeah, bast year. So I told you that from now on, you have to be here by nine thirty or you know, your daughter Zanaya can't come, So see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: She's like, what open the door? I said, see you tomorrow, biz, and I and see you tomorrow. This Tippy's gonna miss you.
Speaker 4: Click close ooh savage?
Speaker 1: Are you The other teachers looked at me like that's how you're gonna start this. My heart was racing. I was like, oh my gosh, she's gonna beat me up tomorrow. I'm gonna die. My car is gonna be torched. Because Basheer was like that parent like you could tell Baschier spent all her high.
Speaker 3: School years boxing and always right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so she came the next day and she came at like nine twenty early. I opened the door. I looked at her.
Speaker 1: She said, miss Tiffany. I said yeah, she said, you got that. I was mad at first, but you know what, I'm wild disrespectful. I did say lead and I was like, okay.
Speaker 3: But it taught me such a valuable lesson about standing up for yourself.
Speaker 1: And to this day, it's funny because she works at city Hall and I was trying to get some permit or something and it was she was there and she's like, oh, let's go, comes to the front of the line and we had a good key key and she was showing me pictures of Zanayah, who is now like sixteen, which makes me feel extra old.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you kidding me? Her?
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 3: But it was just like such a good.
Speaker 1: Lesson in standing up for myself, and like you know that oftentimes it generate respect rather than whatever fearful thing I'm waiting on. But yeah, I just remember thinking, well, I guess I'll be fighting after school today.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all. So it is time for one of my favorite parts of the shows.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: You know what? It was funny because I remember I took that picture with Usher and it looked like a wax figure. Because I had gone to Atlanta to do his Oh what is this thing called New Journey? He has a nonprofit which of course I'm forgetting the name of, and I went to go, like teach a session. I can't see has like an annual kind of like calm friends for the young people his nonprofit, So so I went. I took a picture with him, but it was so weird because in the picture he looks like a wax figure. And someone in the comments and I just saw this like last night and had me roll. And someone in the comments said, did you tell him that you always mess up his confession song for the question song?
Speaker 3: I was like, I totally forgot that I do, so this is out to us. These are our co questions.
Speaker 1: I do also know the words, so I don't know what to say. Well, she said, it would have me rolling because I do keep messing up the confession song. Either way, it's time for questions, and I am excited because you guys always have amazing questions. If you like to submit a question, Maddie will tell you how.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, thank you, I'm sure will You can go to brandabissionpodcast dot com. He'd ask us anything. To send us a question, hit us up on Instagram at brand Ambison Podcast. You can hit us up in our dms there please be detailed but brief, or you can email us directly at Brandambission Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: That car, do we have a bunch?
Speaker 2: We have too many questions today, so I'm gonna save some for next week. But hey, okay, I love some questions, a lot of credit related questions too. Let's take this one from our email inbox this week from listeners Chanel, who says I've used a bunch of what I've learned through this podcast to be successful during my home buying process. My question is what's a good resource to find a credit card for new homeowners. We have a couple of things that we need to purchase, like our fridge, blinds, etc. I want to use a rewards credit card so I can reap some benefits. Help assist out Oooooo.
Speaker 1: I think, actually, Mander, you had a really good credit card that you guys used, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So of course we can recommend some credit cards, but read the fine print, read the terms and conditions on the card, make sure that the right card for you personally. When we were doing our renovation, we decided to sign up with the City Double Cash card because it was basically the max cash back you can get on like any purchase, and there aren't that many cards that have a flat cash back great on anything that are higher than like one percent, so two percent was the best we could do. And the way the City Double Cash works is that it gives you one percent cash back when you make the purchase, and it gives you another one percent when you pay it off, so you only get the full two percent if you're paying off the card in full. We also took advantage of a zero percent intro APR offer. I forget the name of a credit card. It was a Chase card and it was zero percent for twelve months or something like that, and we use that for some larger purchases and we just paid that off this summer, which felt great, and that allowed us to have no interest for you know, twelve months. The risk with those types of cards is that often they have deferred interest clauses, which means if we had left even like one dollar on that credit card. After that promo period ended, they could have been like, oh, you were charged interest this entire year, and we're going to slap it on. We're going to slap it onto your card right now.
Speaker 4: So I was dead. I was adamant that we were not going to, you know, let that happen. So that was our strategy. Did you guys use any We did.
Speaker 1: Honestly, looking back at it now, I wish I would have gotten that credit card, like you said.
Speaker 3: But oddly enough, so Superman was trying.
Speaker 1: To convince me that we need to get a Home Depot card, and I was like, no, we're down now down. No, wa Actually, with the amount of money we spent at Home Depot, we should have got we should have got a Home Deeper card.
Speaker 3: He was right. I just didn't think we were going to need that much stuff from Home Deepot.
Speaker 1: We got a I mean like just thousands of thousands of dollars we spent at Home Depot during the renovation.
Speaker 3: But I will say it wasn't like all I didn't. It wasn't all for nothing.
Speaker 1: So what I ended up using was our travel card as like our as our go to credit card and we whoo, let's just say my like, we have so many trips spending because I also use my travel card for marketing spend and I've got I mean, I could go to Zimbabwe and stay like in the President's suite at the President's house or as many points as we have, so I mean, so it wasn't for nothing. But I thinking about it now, because I use my travel card for marketing, I really didn't need the additional travel points, and I really wish I would have because you told me about that card in the beginning, and honestly, I wish I would have gone and gotten it because I would have much rather the cash back than additional because we have so many travel points now that like, I'm just like my whole family just comes to me. They're like, so I got a trip, now you got some points.
Speaker 2: Well, those travel cards don't give you the same rate for like a purchase at a department store or like on furniture as they would on travel expenses. Like the most lucrative travel cards really only give you the high cash back rate if you're paying for travel purchases. So that's what that's why we ended up getting the city card because we knew we were only going to get one percent back if we used our travel card.
Speaker 4: Home depot card be looked at. I don't remember it.
Speaker 2: Having any like cash back benefits. I think it's more that it offers it offers different like financing options, like zero percent or whatever, depending up. I don't think they do like you guys could check, But I don't know that they have like a cash back card. That'd be nice though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so I say go with the card that Bandy suggests, because it's just, I mean, cash bag.
Speaker 3: You can't ever go wrong. Cash is queen.
Speaker 4: Cash is queen.
Speaker 2: And see if there's any you know, I'll put a link to the Magnifying Money credit card tool. There's new credit cards. I can't even keep up anymore all the time. And one of the other reasons I love the City Double Cash card is not it doesn't even exist anymore. They got rid of this program where they were doing.
Speaker 4: What do you call it?
Speaker 2: No, I forget, oh baby brain no. A program basically where if we made a purchase with our City Double Cash card and the price dropped after we'd made the purchase, they would actually go back and refund us. I remember they got rid of that program. If you guys, notice like some of the rewards cards out there have been so lucrative and they're starting to scale back their programs to make them well. They're very expensive for the companies to keep up, so some of them have been scaling them back, so they're not as lucrative as they used to be. Sadly, but we took Hella advantage of that perk while it was there. All right, cool, thank you, Chanel. Good luck with the home buying per And just make sure if you take out credit have the plan to pay it back. You do not want to start your home ownership journey with a ton of credit card debt and be house poor and it's just going to be sad. So take your time making if you don't have the money to pay it off, just like take your time. You don't need the fancy blinds or the fancy couch right now, take your time getting that stuff over the next few months if you can.
Speaker 4: M Okay, who's next? Okay?
Speaker 2: So we got a question from Instagram user whose name is Tea T says, I need some advice. I have a rental property that's increased in value. I paid ninety eight thousand dollars, and the exact same type of house in my neighborhood just sold for one hundred and thirty nine thousand dollars. So I'm wondering should I sell my rental property when of my tenants move out in a few months. I'm planning to put in a new carpet and lamit it flooring, as well as build a deck on the back of the house. And that's it. Oh and so her house is she's paid ninety eight thousand dollars, she still owes ninety one thousand dollar mortgage. If you're hundering so much. Was a recent purchase.
Speaker 1: And so she's asking, and she after renovating the property, if she should sell it.
Speaker 2: Sounds like she wants to do a couple of upgrades, new carpet, laminate flooring, and build a deck, and then she wants to try and sell it because she's seen this other house that she thinks is comparable that's sold for nearly like forty thousand dollars more than what she paid for her house.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say this, one of the things I learned about like deeper renovations is that you don't you don't get back dollar for dollar.
Speaker 3: I thought that you did, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: That's not true, not bro, So yeah, meaning that let's just say the deck costs you ten thousand dollars, just like for math's sake, right, and you think like, oh, so now that's going to make my house worth ten thousand dollars more new, and like maybe it'll make your house be worth five thousand dollars more.
Speaker 3: That's why people don't get that upgrades. You don't what you put out for the upgrade.
Speaker 1: Very rarely, if at all, do you ever get that exact number back, like on a good like like on a good trade, it's sixty percent back, like like Manny and I both got like AC's in our house and AC like Central AC or like a split system. You it's pretty good, like you get like sixty to sixty five percent back, but that's not one hundred percent. So if you spend thirty thousand dollars on you know, because that's like what you're looking at. If you're putting in a split system for AC's in your home, you're looking anywhere. It could be twenty thirty, sixty, seventy thousand dollars or more. You're not going to get thirty thousand dollars back. Maybe you'll get twenty. So just be mindful that if that house is comparable to your house as it stands and you're wanting to sell, I would not make I would not except for like small things like paint.
Speaker 3: And you know, things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wouldn't make these big changes because you're not going to get that money back. Unless you're saying that that that the other house has the deck and all these other things, then that's what you're wanting to add. But yeah, I mean renovating to the you know, because also sound like pretty big renovations or moderate renovations. You're not going to see that money back. And you might just get your money back with the house as it stands down And if your neighborhood is on the way up, meaning like you know, you're watching month to month and you saw I don't know how long you've had the house, then you might want to wait, Like you is your tenant paying the mortgage? If so, it's not necessarily costing you anything. And there's a little bit of tax break, not as much as there used to be, but there's a little bit of a tax break So I don't know, I probably, I mean, I don't know that I would sell if it's making me money and and the neighborhood is on its way up, because five years from now, maybe you get you know, two hundred or two twenty five for that house.
Speaker 3: You're like, damn, I should have waited. So yeah, I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering why she's other than the value of a house being sold. Like I wonder if she needs some money, or if she's looking to take this take the money she earnso this house and flip it into another rental property.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, or like, let's just say this, if you're putting it into the market, Say, for example, you do the math of what percentage has the house grown in value in what in that year? So let's just say it's grown I don't know, you know, fifteen percent in one year. I mean, that's better than the market.
Speaker 4: That would be crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying, you know, like, can I move there? Exactly? But no.
Speaker 1: But honestly, Mandy, I can tell you, like in Newark, that's exactly what's happening. Because so Newark is for those of you who like don't live in this area, of the of the country. New York is super close to New York, which is a really expensive place to live, and people want to live next to New York because that's what the funds that but also a lot of jobs. And so what happened is Midtown, which is basically like the like the hub of New York, is super expensive and so people couldn't afford in the town. So they started branching off the plants whose places like Harlem, which is uptown like and so Harlem, these brownstones that these older brown folks owned, they were buying them up for pennies and now they were like two million dollars, like literally they're buying them for ten thousand, and now they worth two million, which is disheartening when you find out so many people lost their homes to in that trade. That was unfair. And then nobody used to want to live in Brooklyn. It used to literally be Brooklyn has a section called Bedstide. It would be Bedstide, do or die, and you're likely to die. And now Bedside, they gave it another name, is fancy and expensive and people can't afford Brooklyn. And so as a result of New York spreading out, now now they're looking over the water to Newark. Who before think Newark, Think Oakland, think I'm trying to think with some other places like oh, think Detroit. You know, Like so Newark had that kind of connotation of being economically depressed. But because people can't afford Manhattan, they can't afford Harlem anymore, they can't affer Brooklyn. They've already moved to Jersey City, which is even the closest kind of like city in New Jersey to New York. Now they've looked at Newark. And so when Superman and I were looking two years ago, Mandy literally a house would be on the market for two hundred thousand and it would go for two fifty.
Speaker 3: There was one three.
Speaker 1: Family house that was fairly priced at two eighty and we lost it to someone who bid three twenty.
Speaker 3: And I was like, what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, these were houses maybe two or three years prior that you couldn't even get like, you know, one hundred and fifty one hundred eighty thousand dollars for the house. So there are sections of the country where because of just big okay, it's gone. There are sections of the country because of like just like it's just so expensive to live here, that people are willing to move further and further away from the desired place, which is New York City. That like, housing costs are like jumping up, like jumping beans. Honestly, So if you than someplace like that, I would wait. But if you live someplace where it's just creeping up and you're just like, I don't want to deal with tenants anymore. I'm over it. I just won't give you my money. Well, then get your money and but invested someplace else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, And I'll put a link actually use this. There's like a website remodeling. I think it's I forget the name of remodel something, but they put out annually a list of like the ROI the return on investment of certain how home improvement projects. And I think one of the most like lucrative ones you can do is replacing a garage door. Last time I read, it's like random stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Wow, that is.
Speaker 1: OK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'll post the link in there. And you know, especially if if you're selling to people who might want to rent it out themselves, they're not going to want to pay for a lot of upgrades, like they're going to want the bare minimum so they can rent it out as well. So yep, interesting, and congrats on having a rental property.
Speaker 4: That's cool. Goals goals, goals, goals. Yes, would you think we're more sure?
Speaker 3: Let's see, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks for your question, Tee. Here's another one from the gram. I don't know how to pronounce this, let's just go with Breezy. So Instagram user Breeze says, Hello, I've got eleven thousand, five hundred dollars in credit card debt and I just received five thousand dollars from a settlement. Should I use it to pay off some credit card debt to get my utilization below thirty percent? Or should I use it? Or should I use a zero percent transfer a balance transfer credit card to pay them off?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: So five thousand dollars would knock out little less than half of that eleven thousand dollars, so she wouldn't quite get to thirty percent utilization.
Speaker 3: Idea.
Speaker 2: Is this the part where you ask her if she has emergency savings?
Speaker 4: I know where you're about to go.
Speaker 3: You already know. I was like, oh, wait a minute, back up, did you have yoh, Manny, that's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I was literally thinking that Yes, I would say, Breezy, Breezy, do you have emergency savings because it sounds like she might not, so I would be hesitant to put all this money toward debt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've got eleven grand and credit debt, it's could be a sign that you have been turning to credit every once in a while when you run short on cash, and it's kind of become your emergency funds. So tip's right, I mean, like putting that five thousand dollars in the bank so you create emergency fund could be one step. And then from there if your if your credit is good. You don't mention what your credit score is, but let's say it's above six eighty six seventy. That's usually about what it takes to qualify for the best zero percent interest balance transfer cards. Let's say you can qualify for one of those, and you can transfer your balances onto those cards that card and pay them off slowly over time. That could be a great That could be a smart strategy because then you can slowly pay off that credit card debt and you have money in the bank in case another unexpected you know, expense pops out.
Speaker 1: Path it I think that's probably the way. My only concern is that if you I don't know how much of the of what your limited for that with the balance where you have the eleven thousand, so if you are over thirty which well you say basically you are over thirty percent, then my concern is that maybe your credit score is going to be reflective of that, because you know you're amounts old. It's thirty percent of your credit score, so it's a significant a part of your credit score is being negatively affected because you have a balance over thirty percent of that credit card limits. So that would just be my only concern that would she qualify for a balanced transfer card?
Speaker 3: But I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean you might have some excellent other credit things happening that this is offset by that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would say Plan B.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't have to say if you don't feel comfortable saving the whole five thousand, fine, But if you don't have a yes emergency savings, then you're going to be right back in debt because you're an adult, and then things happen unexpectedly to adults, and if you don't have the cash to handle what happens unexpectedly, you're just going to end up swiping your card again anyway, yep.
Speaker 2: And with that easier percent interest promotion period, even for a balance transfer, just beware that it may have a deferred interest clause, which means if you don't pay it off one hundred percent before that twelve month or eighteen month periods over, they could just slap you with all the interest all over again. So have a plan, you know, be realistic. Can you actually make enough payments throughout the year to pay it off before the promo period ends. And another option besides balanced transfer is if you don't feel confident one if you can't get approved for a balanced transfer, or too if you don't think you have the confident that you can pay you know, that much money over the course of however many months to pay it off in full before the promotion period ends. You could also look at consolidating your credit card debt with a personal loan, especially if you can get a personal loan that has a lower APR than what your credit cards may offer you. And with a personal loan you have a fixed monthly payment a fixed term, there's no risk of having deferred interest get you know, getting hit with that if you don't pay it off, because they create a plan for you to pay it off in a certain amount of time.
Speaker 4: So that's another another option for you. And hopefully that was helpful.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your question, Miss Breezy.
Speaker 4: Yes Breezy, sorry for I just made that up. I'm sorry for mispronounced your actual name. My bad.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for boothe their break for all our family. Will you booze? Will you break? Are you gonna boost their break? Mandy?
Speaker 1: You saw that repicks at the end because I'm like, you know what I'm gonna sway. You know, I'm someone you know I can't always do the same.
Speaker 2: That's like when you're that's like when you're in the club, been your showing off thing in the words and it's the remix and you like, don't know the remix yet because I was ready to like break it. Oh oh, I don't know the words. I'm going to do a break this week because it's been driving me a little nuts. So I'm going to take a break from engaging with the rumor mill at the office. Whether it can be about anything you know about someone's personal business or about someone's professional business, but I'm just at a point where I just feel like there's people, certain people in offices that really get off on like gossiping and spreading rumors or not just even spreading rumors, but just like engaging in rumors or trying to start rumors, and it's just so much loss. It's like wasted energy because it can cause people to stress out about things that don't even that aren't even going to happen, or it can cause people to feel bad about things that may not even be true.
Speaker 4: And I feel like.
Speaker 2: As adults, we should just as much as you can avoid And honestly, as a manager, vermer mills drive me nuts because I feel like they undermine sometimes like as a manager, you don't always want to tell you don't you can't always tell people exactly what's going on because you don't want to get people and I and I purposefully do this. I'll withhold information if I'm worried that there's not enough information, and it can just cause more uncertainty because that will just like vermur Mills live on uncertainty. They thrive on like the not having the full information. So I'll like purposefully wait if I know there's like people who gossip on the team because I don't want to give them any fuel to flame fires of you know, uncertainty or questioning you know what the bigger mission is. So that's my break. I don't know if I'll ever cure office gossip. Probably not, but it kind of just drives me nuts.
Speaker 3: There's there's like this. It's funny. It's like a gospel rendition where it's like mind of business. Have you seen it? Mind Business? It's hilarious. It's like mind business.
Speaker 1: It's a gospel choir but singing like what you got a mind to business? But it's hilarious and I think everyone should do so.
Speaker 3: And it's funny. Used to say that because I was watching Joe Ostine last Sunday.
Speaker 1: It was weird because I like literally went to sit in the bed and like turned on.
Speaker 3: I'm like, God, are you trying to tell me something?
Speaker 1: And he came on and that one the one of his closing messages was basically he literally said, mind your business.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, Joelah spicy this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's it's very easy to get cart especially in the social media world, you know, like the way we live in social media, sometimes people take that offline, especially as if they have access. Remember I told you that a friend of a friend was like, ooh, Timmy doesn't post by her husband like she used to, and like I hope everything's okay.
Speaker 3: She don't hope everything's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like you don't even know, you don't think okay, that's just nosy, but you know, And the truth is, I never I didn't even realize I had not posted a supermanagement. I guess the truth is I don't engage in social media like I used to. I used to like live on social when I was really building my business, and now I have a team that largely manages it.
Speaker 3: So of course they're not posting my husband.
Speaker 1: But we talked about Superman and Enrique all the time here on the podcast, so it's not you know, but I just thought that that was funny that, like, you know, And it was funny because I posted for our second anniversary. I posted, like, you know, just a quick like oh second anniversary, love you babe. And then someone who listens to Brown Ambition she wrote like, girl, you ain't have to post this for hart like she could find it.
Speaker 3: I love our listeners.
Speaker 1: They're like, so yes, minding your business costs nothing. I mean, we all could be a little nosy sometimes, but honestly, it's really to your detriment when you mind someone else's business, because you're taking away energy and time and effort from some things that you can use to to grow your own self.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, what about you booster break, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna honestly, this is just random, but I'm gonna brand I am so I don't know what's going on with Facebook, so if anybody's a techie, so I was supposed to go live, So I'm a what do they call it?
Speaker 3: A brand?
Speaker 1: And no, I'm financial wellness brand ambassador. I think that they called me for Prudential Financial, which I love because so many financial companies don't get that financial wellness should be the should be the like the goal not having a certain amount of money. As a prudential is really starting to come around and understand that so much, so they have this whole they have this whole push towards financial wellness and how can we help you beyond just retirement and insurance, but like, how can you be okay as a person and how can you use your finances to help support how you want to show up in this world.
Speaker 3: So I love being this brand ambassador for Prudential.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I was supposed to go live because they sponsored like a live class.
Speaker 3: It was like, okay, this is It was like five things to do to.
Speaker 1: Prepare before the five things to do to prepare before the new year, financially prepare the new year.
Speaker 3: So I was excited. Supposed to go live. Click the live button on my computer.
Speaker 1: It says camera cannot connect and I was like what, So I'm trying everything. So now I'm sweating bullets. Uh you know, And I tried everything and it wouldn't work. And I mean I got on the phone with every tech person I could find. We ran through every single scenario and.
Speaker 3: It still doesn't work. So my brown break is like freak and taken day.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I'm supposed to go live tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just do it for my phone, which is not ideal because who wants to hold their phone because I'm like a handsy person. I don't know if you guys can tell. I know you can't hear me, but even now I'm using my hands. I'm like, you know, used to it to talk. But yeah, I just sometimes it's like technology. Man, it's so convenient. It's inconvenient. But if anyone is super tachy send me an Instagram, it'll.
Speaker 4: Be too late tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing, like in just in general, because I go live like on Facebook and you know, all the time, but I would say at least every month or so, and so I don't know randomly why I can't.
Speaker 3: So if someone's like, oh my gosh, I remember when that happened to me, it's because of this.
Speaker 1: I'm using Google Chrome. I reached out on my computer. I cleared the history and the cookies and the cash see and all that kind of stuff. Yes, I have allowed like there's this button where you can allow Facebook to have access to your computer and your microphone.
Speaker 3: I did all of that. I did it all.
Speaker 1: I did it all, and I still it's still not working. So it's just frustrating. So that's my brown break because it's started me from being great. So yeah, if anybody you know, because I'm gonna likely go live next week, So if anybody has any suggestions about what we can do to get my computer camera, because like my camera, like if I do FaceTime or anything, it works on every other capacity. Just not with Facebook, and I do not know why. Yeah, so just you know, I'd love your feedback because it's breaking my spirits.
Speaker 2: It is help Tiffany out all. Forward your response. It's brandonbisionpodcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Dot com. Well that was a good show. Those questions were really great.
Speaker 1: I love when you guys ask like now, well, you guys always ask good questions.
Speaker 4: Keep them coming.
Speaker 2: Mhm.