Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Mike and zeits or Raising Trends for Junior Men t DZU. These are Johnny Davis short show titles, as well as good and Trendy, which we already did, but short show titles comprised of candies that are always sold in rectangular boxes for some reason. Shout out to Johnny Davis on the discord. I am Jack and I'm thrilled to be joined by super producer Becca Robos.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hello Becca.
Speaker 1: I really hate to say I told you so. And yet Little Mermaid character posters came out and we got to see Flounder, we got to see Scuttle, we got to see Sebastian. And these do not look like characters that I'm going to find adorable personally. They work ma that I'll be able to read emotion on the face of because they are totally realistic.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially Flounder. Flounder is the worst.
Speaker 1: Flounder looks like shit. Yeah, Flounder looks like if the cartoon adorable Flounder like grew up to have a like serious drug problem. I feel like, just very skeletal and dead behind the eyes. I doubt that that's a storyline that they've incorporated. I don't think that he will have a serious drug problem. I think it has more to do with the fact that fish are almost always dead behind me, Like fish don't have.
Speaker 4: Faces, terrifying a look at in reality. Yeah, I iconically hate underwater sea creature type things. I have a deep fear of the bottom of the ocean, slash the ocean in general.
Speaker 3: I am a terrified of drowning.
Speaker 4: I really like when I go to the beach to just sit in the sand and then take a little tip in the world, A little dip, that's about it.
Speaker 1: And that's a single toe. That's what are we talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know, maybe I'll get out like enough to where I can stand and I'll like do a dunk and then come back.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm not really fucking with the ocean.
Speaker 1: I went snorkeling recently, and just to tell you a story that you probably won't like, I went snorkeling, found myself like right above a coral reef, a lot of fish there, But as I swam, the water got like shallower and shallower, to the point that it was like just like inches away from me, and I like didn't want to touch anything. And it was this really terrifying like experience where I just had to like try it. It was like being Tom Cruise in that scene Emission Impossible, where you just have to like stay completely flat. And then I was like trying to swim with like my fingers just to like move myself out of there. I made. I made it with while only scraping myself a little bit and not like knocking anything over or touching a fish. But it was like a bad dream. It was very beautiful, very beautiful bad dream. But the fish they were not giving me much emotion. I was looking.
Speaker 2: I was I did this to observe.
Speaker 1: Up close, you know.
Speaker 2: I was hopeful.
Speaker 1: I was like, maybe I'm wrong about the Little Mermaid characters and the underwater sea creatures are going to be able to wow me with the riz. And I gotta tell you, they just they did not raise me. They were just like, let's get out of here. This guy is an idiot.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: There's an article in mashed. Is this a thing?
Speaker 5: I know Mashable.
Speaker 1: I'm not not really familiar with Mashed, but.
Speaker 2: They let you know.
Speaker 1: They put together a list of mistakes everyone makes while ordering Popeyes. And there is something that I was able to take away from this. I didn't fully know that, Like I think I've had this thought process. It's in between meals, you know, it's like three o'clock, I've skipped lunch or something, and look, they have fast food right there. It's the perfect time to jump in there, no wait, hop in And they're saying that's a bad idea.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: Actually fast food is meant to go fast and meant to be busy, and you should go when other people are eating at lunchtime or dinner rush, because you are going to get fresher food. And in between those times, it is going to be food that they've had sitting around for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Which I think that's staple for all fast food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that applies to all fast food. Yeah, And I think it's a great little detail that I hadn't really thought about. But the other things they're saying, you shouldn't. You shouldn't order only the chicken sandwich. You should I do only order the chick The chicken sandwich is so good, Like it's so good, rice and beans. They're saying, like you need to get the rice and beans and you need to plus them up, which what does that mean? You got to upgrade it? According to this article, Popeye fans on TikTok have revealed they love to add a packet of the complimentary honey and hot sauce to get it some zing, which does sound dang worth trying. I don't know if I would say not doing that is a mistake necessarily. But there's also the Cajun Sparkle, which you can sprinkle unto your food to add some spice. That is one of Popeye's proprietary.
Speaker 4: It is garlic powder, onion powder, red and black pepper, and that's it.
Speaker 5: That's all they're saying.
Speaker 1: Don't order the caje and rice, and also don't order your chicken to be spicy, which is interesting. Are you a fan?
Speaker 4: Well, because the spicy chicken sandwich, like that's what it is, Yeah, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Isn't it spicy?
Speaker 1: So there is a spicy version, but the spice comes from the mayo.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I haven't had spicy chicken at Popeyes. I've had this spicy chicken sandwich which slabs and.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get it every time.
Speaker 4: The one time I didn't get it it was when Mega Stallion did a partnership with Popeyes and she had her sauce and I was like, anything, Megan the sallion does, I'm gonna be there. So I had the sauce.
Speaker 3: It was good, but at least in my local Popeyes, the nuggets sucked.
Speaker 5: They sucked.
Speaker 1: Yes, So their their explanation for spicy is spicy doesn't sell as well as mild, So it's similar to the going where yeah, during non rush times, they're saying, spicy doesn't sell as well as mild, so it just sits there for longer than thirty minutes, and anything outside of thirty minutes it's just not going to be as good. So these are tips from people who work at Popeyes. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: People will thank you for your service.
Speaker 1: All right. Are you familiar with what being zombied by a date is?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: I have heard this, and I think the understanding is that after you've been ghosted, they like come back periodically later to be like, hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, just give zero efforts, so let's find out together, Becca. So this is from the Daily Mail, Who I go to for all my relationship advice. They say, if you thought that getting ghosted was one of the worst parts of modern dating, it might be time to think again. According to singer songwriter Mary ol Darling, another person who I was kicking with being zombiede is infinitely more frustrating. The New York based musician from Massachusetts went viral on TikTok when she opened up about her experience in the online dating world. Seems like a lot of the news these days is just like, here's something I found on TikTok, or here's something I found in a Reddit threat. Where ghosting simply involves cutting all contact with the person you were dating without any explanation, getting zombide means your former flame comes back from the dead to initiate a conversation out of the blue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I understand the concept, but in my own personal dating history would never happen because I'm a very as a fire sign, as an ares.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're fucking done.
Speaker 4: Like if we're done, block, you're never gonna hear from me again, Like I you know, so even if they did come back, I wouldn't give them the opportunity to come back three times, like some like in this article is like, yeah, this guy zombie me three times. It's like, why did you give them two more opportunities right to come back, bother you, ghost you, and then zombie you again. I just like personally can't handle that type of Like when a guy at the end of your situationship, whatever is ending and they're like, but I want to be friends. I'm like, block, you know, but I'm not fucking We're not friends friends, you know, we're not leaving it as friends.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: So in theory, I understand the concept and practice ladies block if they ghosted you block. But I've also only been ghosted, like properly ghosted, like one time.
Speaker 1: And you immediately blocked them, So you don't know if they zombie you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess so, And I think it's been zombies only one time, but I ghosted them, so it was kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I hate getting Dracula when they just like show up at your bedroom window in the hower are they standing there? I'm on the fourth floor of this apartment building. That's the worst, am I right?
Speaker 3: That's getting twilighted?
Speaker 5: Actually specifically, how was that a scene from Twilight?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There's like Edward comes to Bella the window and she's like, how long have you been standing there?
Speaker 5: And he's like, you're so tall, and she's like.
Speaker 3: How often do you do this? He's like almost.
Speaker 1: Everything two different peopleilet like is that when she says how do you do this? Like, does she mean like, do you do this all the girls? Or you come to my window every night?
Speaker 3: Watch her sleep every night?
Speaker 2: Puck.
Speaker 4: She'll wake up. Sometimes she'll be like I feel his energy and then he'll be like, you'll like hide, Yeah, she can't see him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that is cool.
Speaker 1: Women love when you tell them that you watch them when they sleep. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about a wild story out of Spain with their king and our king. Jerry Springer will be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And Spain's former king, King Juan Carlos, apparently had a secret daughter whom he tried to keep from falling in love with his son when the two didn't know they were related. This is from a new book. The daughter, and named Alejandra, was born into an aristocratic family in the late seventies or early eighties, and her existence was an open secret among like the king and other like powerful people, but most people didn't know it, and so they were friends and they had to like keep them actively, like keep them from dating one another, which.
Speaker 4: Yes, gross, it's like a rom com, but like in the worst way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to think of, like what genre this is reminding me of, because it's not a rom com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not like what you would want to happen, but it have the storyline of a rom company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, Although there was I think there was an eighties I just remember the cover of this VHS from the days of like Blockbuster Video. There was a movie called Cousins. It was like a steamy romance movie with like Ted Danson. Like the cover of it was like head dancing and the lead actress like on a motorcycle together, and I'm pretty sure it was just like they find out their cousins, but like they still have just a bunch of sex.
Speaker 4: Do you think like genetics are failing us in those moments, because isn't it like that we're supposed to be as humans genetically engineered to be repulsed by in breeding, you know, like like the scent of your family is not supposed to like you know, yah, yeah orphans in a sense. Right, Yeah, there's one thing that.
Speaker 1: There's one thing we like talked about in that I remember like doing some research on a Cracked article that was like, when you are kissing someone, there is a theory that like that evolutionarily became a thing because you're essentially like taste testing their immune system to see how different it is from yours.
Speaker 3: And pheromones that's the word I was looking for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like pheromones are a lot of people, like scientists are like there's no real scientific evidence that pheromones in humans actually exist. But the the kissing thing always like made sense to me because first of all, it's like weird that kissing exists, like just if you take a step back and you're like why why are they doing that with their mouths? And then also there's that thing that people say, independently presumably of this information, where that it like kiss someone and they're like, oh, it's like kissing my brother or something. It's so I've always thought that's interesting. I don't know how scientifically real it is. And there are like I remember like there's a European philosopher who was like the incest taboo is actually like completely you know, created for social purposes to avoid I think that person just like probably how.
Speaker 5: The thing, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because I think scientifically maybe not the attraction part of it, but it is scientifically proven that like in breeding is bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and breeding with close relatives not good.
Speaker 2: Not good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Jerry Springer rip to a real one. I don't know. You are much younger than I am. Becca, what is your awareness of Jerry Springer?
Speaker 3: I mean I go to the Jerry Springer Show. I think I was.
Speaker 4: I was up that time where it was funny, you know, probably traumatic looking back at and now some of those families were on it.
Speaker 3: But I do remember the Jerry Springer Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess so I assumed it just stopped being a thing soon after I was no longer in high school. But it was on until like twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was on forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was on for three decades. Lived a wildlife, like I always knew. There was the backstory that he was the mayor of Cincinnati at one point. Yeah, but this is one of those o bits where you're like, damn, that's a life. So he was the son of Jewish Holocaust survivors who escaped Germany and ended up in England, where Springer was born. So his parents escaped Germany, ended up in England, and he was born in a London tube station while it was being used as a bomb shelter during World War Two.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: His political career began by working as a campaign advisor to Bobby Kennedy, and his success with reaching young voters caught the attention of the DNC, who tapped him to run for Congress in nineteen seventy. He lost that but was quickly elected to Cincinnati City Council and became very popular, outspoken lefty leader at the age of like twenty seven, I think he was at that time. Proposed a ban on drafting of Cincinnati residents for the Vietnam War. Then resigned from city council in nineteen seventy four when he was caught in a vice investigation because he paid a sex worker by check, which is that they're just like this, you man, this is your signature on a and but then he just like ran again, so he lost that job, but then like ran again and like made fun of himself and like like did a fake ad for credit cards, was like, this is actually how you should pay for sex workers. And then yeah, he became like a media personality who did these I guess that thing. I don't know if he still did this by the time you were watching, but like did he do a like direct to camera address where he would like tell you a life lesson at the end of the Jerry Springer Show. So yeah, that that always seemed weird to me. It was like, Okay, after we just show these people like beating up their cousin or whatever on stage, I'm going to then like give you a very like wholesome op ed about like how we should all treat each other well. But apparently so that's what his original thing was, is he like gave these kind of direct to camera local news broadcast things and then from that like launched a TV show that was just like very moral and responsible and dull. And then he hired a producer who had worked for like the Weekly World News, and the producer was like, look, man, do you want to like have a career. Okay, so here's how we're going to change things. Also hosted the strangest dating show in history, Baggage, in which contestants show up with literal bags of like weird things from their past.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so he passed away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched a bit of the episode and it was really bad, but you know, probably chock full of the sort of things that we watched Jerry Sprintner for. But yeah, he passed away peacefully at the age of seventy nine, eighty nine, I think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Garry Springer. All right, I think that's going to do it for us this afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show Becca. Where can people find you? Follow you all that kind of stuff?
Speaker 4: You can find me and follow me at x B, e CCS, ramos and all platforms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, back tomorrow. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Fight ye