Speaker 1: Welcome to I Do Part two. It's Susan Knowles here today from The Golden Bachelor, as well as Hullow's Got to Get Out and from the podcast I co host with Kathy under Bachelor Happy Hour Golden Hour. So, as you all know, I have been on I Do Part two before talking about dating and putting yourself out there. And I am so happy to check in with all of you because I am finally dating someone myself. I am so excited for all of you to meet my man, Frederic or fred or Eric or whatever he wants to go by today say hello, there you go. And he's French. We also have our beautiful Jad. This is his daughter who teaches me French every single day. And no I'm not good at it yet. However, thank you. We are in beautiful Saint Martin right now, right, yes, and this is where he lives. So where do we start. I was on vacation with Kathy for sixteen days. It is a good idea and one night I had an espresso martini after dinner. When we came back, Kathy and I we did our girl talk, wash our face. She went up to bed and I couldn't sleep. I was wide awake playing games on my iPad, and I said, let me try Tinder and voila. Obviously I swiped right, but I didn't get back on for three days. Right, three days? And who message to first? How many times did we text before we went on our first date? Three days? We text? Okay, okay, and do you remember what you said to me the first message?
Speaker 2: Yes? What, thank you for your smile?
Speaker 1: Yes, send you for you ura, my aura, Yes, and your love. Do you like to dance?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And is my French better than your English? I think you said? And I said yes to two, but no to one because I can't speak French. So we decided to meet. He asked me to bring ear pods. Correct, we bring Kathy along because Kathy can speak a little bit of English, I actually, and Spanish and French. I said. She could speak no, French a little bit, Spanish a little bit, and English a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, so she.
Speaker 1: Helped with the introduction. He put the EarPods in our ears and we were on our cell phones the whole entire time. Kathy stayed but five ten minutes, had one drink, and then she she left. She was comfortable, We were comfortable. And no, I did not have a code word or anything for Kathy to leave. As a matter of fact, I wanted Kathy to stay a little longer, but she was like, no, you two were doing your things. She goes, and we were fine with that. So tell me about the first time we met, when we were communicating with our iPhones.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful Roman.
Speaker 3: Get the.
Speaker 2: Aura.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I have a good moment in your company. Yes, and I want to stop the tame ah.
Speaker 3: Is that nice?
Speaker 1: Okay? So should more people in there?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: Part two chapter have a wing woman? No, not necessarily. The only reason I've brought my wing woman, if you call it, is because of the language problem. No problem, no problem. He can speak better English than I can French, for sure. However, I study more than you do. With that being said, no, it's not necessary unless there's a language problem. We're working through that, just fine. I have seven apps that I use, and I have a tutor once a week, and I have JAD every day right now, because she's here in Saint Martin with us before she returns to France, and then we're going to pick it up my phone, I think when you go home, right okay? I am fourteen years your senior a problem if he's okay you and me, No, that's exactly right. Yes, I have dated younger men, and to me, the age is just a number. It's about the energy that you give each other and what you have in common. Age really doesn't matter. I mean, I know how many men out there date young young women older men to have arm candy. That is not my goal by any means. It didn't matter to me how old you are. So I know I don't live in Saint Martin. However I am here right now and I have been back five times since February, Yes, one because of I breke my hand. We were hiking in g Ance, Marcel Uh. They were going to go surfing and I was going to film his son and him and I slipped on gravel and broke my wrist. I had to have surgery, a plate, seven screws. Long story short. He took me to the hospital, took very good care of me, I will say, and perfect gentleman. And then I flew home, had surgery and came back for rehab because I wasn't allowed to do anything. So what better place to be.
Speaker 2: For me? It's a it's a distinquoke, he.
Speaker 1: Cooks, he cleaned me, he showered me, he shaved me. A kiss you yeah, kiss me? So tell me for you? Yes, what was it that made you swipe right for me? What is it you liked about me? What else? God, you're allowed to say it your funny, your crazy attitude.
Speaker 3: It's true.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: So when I was home back in Philadelphia, every time, not every time, but when he talked to his daughter's ad on the phone, they would face time with me so I could meet her. And a couple of weeks ago, she they call me and she says, my daddy say he's in love. I must spend time with this woman. So she came for the same amount of time that I'm going to be here. I've been here. I'll be here eighteen days this time. And we got to spend a lot of time together. As a matter of fact, her and I do more than you and I. This weeton, We've been having fun, with a lot of fun. You have met my daughter on FaceTime, yes, and chat it just a little bit my sons, just for a second or two. So when he comes to my home, then he'll have time with my sons. He was a little nervous the second time I was here, because every time I would trip or fall, what would you say? No, no, don't get hurt your boys. I won't be allowed back in Saint Martin.
Speaker 2: Yes, beat your fruit.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that children part. But you know what, at my age, I do care what my children think. However, this is my life and my time, and it's about my happiness. So I'm certain that my children will be happy for me. Okay. Our favorite things about each other? Hmmm, your favorite things about me? You told some of them the.
Speaker 2: Same your ways that's mine? You uh empty? And when I it was you, I love.
Speaker 1: Yes, we did laugh.
Speaker 2: We laugh a lot every day time.
Speaker 1: Yes, for me. The first thing I saw was his picture on Tinder, and I thought he was handsome, and I swiped right. That was it. When we met. It wasn't as soon as I saw, Oh my god, it was about two hours in. I think we were both with our heads on our phone with the translation, and I remember saying to you, you know where I come from. When I go on a date or meet someone, I usually make icon tact. And I can't even tell you what color your eyes are because my head has been down on the phone, and we both started to laugh. Remember I mean laugh, and I think it was that moment for me? Was it for you? At that moment? It was for us. Books we knew, we enjoyed each other, We liked each other. The date lasted four or five hours. We talked forever. I don't remember my favorite things about him. Number one, he's so handsome. Number two he's so funny. We make each other laugh, and I think that is so so important in a relationship. Uh romantic the French, I got to give it to them. This man thinks, and it's not put on. When we're out at my friend's house for dinner, he get what it's time to leave. You get my purse and my phone, he carries everything, he opens the door for me. It's a perfect gentleman and sexy because that's this is about us.
Speaker 3: So for me, we are funny.
Speaker 1: So my recommendation out there, obviously, I was far away from home, and I'll pick up a tender app anytime anywhere. I never had this far of a long distance relationship before. But it is doable, and I can't tell you. Sometimes you just can't find somebody in your backyard. It's okay to look elsewhere. You never know what's going to happen. I and Kathy both have been out there. We were on the Golden Bachelor looking for love, and two years later, I'm still not searching. I think I kind of gave up really searching for something and just was okay by myself. And I happen to open up that app and here we are and it's working out perfectly. Actually, we don't choose. Oh yes, go ahead say yes. He's sharing that you don't choose to fall in love, that it just happens, and if it happens to happen a long distance at this stage of the game, at our age, I do part two. It's okay. Either one of you can pick up and go. It's not like we have full time nine to five jobs anymore. We've raised our children, our grandchildren are here at least for me, and you do what you want ready from the every day. Every day is a different day. So love is not sought, it's simply found. That's why we say we fell in love. We don't choose to fall and have romantic encounters. They're just around the corner in a city far from home or near home, So don't be shy, Get out there, put yourself out there. If you're looking for love, be alive, be where you are, and it's okay if it's not in your backyard. Uh huh, he says, don't look she falls. It is true that we can give love the opportunity by meeting people or just moving around. You can find love anywhere. Yes, he says. What I love about Susan, do I really have to tell you is that when you are near her, you see her, you talk to her, she is captivating, her gaze, her smile, her aura, this positivity that she excludes at every moment. And I'm not talking about her physical assets like my ass, but I think he likes my ants. You're so cute. So with that being said, what else would you like to tell people looking for love at the stage of the game in your golden years?
Speaker 2: Your choice, what you want, they want, what you go, where you go? I go, Well, I wish you it's my every day.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is so beautiful, And even being married before, I've never felt this kind of love before. It's it's magical.
Speaker 2: Magic, magic, but you.
Speaker 1: More magical, more magical. Oh my god, You're gonna make me cry to feel love right now. This part of my life is so important because you're not looking for the same as you were when you were forty years younger, thirty years younger. Then you're looking to get married and do have a family and children. We don't. We did all that. Now, it's just about enjoying the last chapter, if you will, of our lives and being happy.
Speaker 2: Oh the Dessau in English, a measure of love is to love without museum.
Speaker 1: They're beautiful the French. I'm telling you, yeah, it gives me goosebumps, even though I'm sweating in Saint Martin. This kind of love. I couldn't ask for more. I really couldn't. It's it's just a miracle. It's a miracle that we found each other many it's showing me and it's perfect. And also, as you all know, I am not going to be on Bachelor in Paradise because I did find love on my own and he's sitting right here right But I keep thinking that maybe Nancy will find love. I don't know why I had this stream one night, Nancy kept popping in my head. So I'm so excited to watch Bachelor in Paradise or Golden in paradise when it when it airs to see if I was right. And we all want Kathy to find somebody, don't we here, Jim Gosh, and we also won't talk about our new Golden Bachelor. Mel. I happened to meet him when I was out in California not too long ago for a Hulu event, and he had said to me any advice I told. I welcomed him and said to him, My only advice to you, Mel is be true to yourself. You're going to be world wind with all these women at your feet, you know, dating here and there and everywhere. Just keep true to yourself and what makes you happy. That's what we did right. Everybody was excited about the new Golden Bachelor. I'm sure the world is jumping up and down can't wait to see them, and me too. I can't wait to watch. And I keep in touch with every everyone from my show from both shows now after filming got to get out those people, oh my goodness, there definitely became a part of my life, just like the ladies on The Golden Bachelor, as well as Gary. Gary and I still talk, but the people from got to get out. So my most favorite person I can't say that Bonnie and Clyde, if you will, would be vow from Dancing with the Stars. He was my Clyde and I was his Bonnie, and little Demi was my roommate. And as you all know, I hope everybody listening has watched the show, and I'm getting mail like crazy saying why would you tell everybody your secret your exit strategy? And I have to laugh because I was silly. But there was a reason I say this because it was very early in the show and I was not ready to escape. But I thought by telling everyone my plan, they would trust me. And if you continue to watch, the things that happened were hysterical, but I no longer told them when I had an escape strategy. With that being said, I talked to every single one of them almost daily in another text chain, if you will, and there wasn't one person on there that I disliked. There really wasn't. I loved all these people and being on reality TV for me is just making more friends and enjoying every single moment of knowing new personalities and new destinations to go see people's I feel blessed, I really do. But the biggest blessing of all, I don't care anything about TV. Is this right here?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: For the escape? Still, when we first talked about the Golden Paradise, I shared with him that, you know, I might be going and what if I kiss another man on TV? Remember what you said? You said, it's not going to be fun to watch. But I know it's TV, right. But I couldn't pick anybody. I wasn't interested, so I had to be honest.
Speaker 2: You do what you want. I did.
Speaker 4: Just here, I am I won't you're yes, I am happy.
Speaker 1: So he watched some of The Golden Right. You could find that on the internet. However, I have not been able to get Hulu here in Saint Martin, so he has not seen the show. He saw clips, a lot of clips from it, but I have to wait till he comes to the United States for him to watch the show.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I think the three days I had left here in Saint Martin after we met, we spent every minute together and he had said when will I see you? And it was in exactly nine days after I left. I was due to go on a trip to California. Kathy and I with some friends of mine, and unfortunately she had a heartsack, so it was canceled, and I turned to him and said, just so happens. I got all my miles back from the airlines, and I had the week off, so I said I can come back for this day. He was perfectly happy, and I said, you'll have to help me find a place to stay. Remember, and you said, no, you stay with me. So long before Golden Paradise came, we already knew what we were to each other, I admit, and he does as well that either one of us has ever said I love you so quickly. Right. We don't know why, we just do it was just right?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: My question it we do. Love is love when you feel it, you feel it. It's the international language. Yes see, it doesn't change no matter what language we speak changed.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: This has been a lot of fun and I love catching up with everyone from I Do Part two listeners. I'm just like you. I put myself out there and look look what happened. I was able to find not just love again, but the best love I've ever felt. And yes it's far away, but we're figuring that out. So if you're single and needing some dating help, email us or call us we're here to help. All the info is in the show notes, follow us on socials, and make sure to rate and review the podcast. I Do Part two an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective and I'm here to prove that it does work.