Speaker 1: I get a text from my brother the other day. Hey got this weird voicemail. He sends it to me, Hey, this is so and so with unclaimed funds for your sister. We've been trying to get a hold of her. No, they found my brother. I swear to God, these people are ruthless. Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. I've been noticing that when I come on here and I'm like, well, welcome to the Calm Down Podcast. The tone is not a tone that even sounds like it's coming from me.
Speaker 2: It's like I become a like different person. Hi, welcome to the Calmdown Podcast Week eleven.
Speaker 1: It's like, first of all, that's jarring when I'm scrolling through a reel and I just like, hear my own voice?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about like that?
Speaker 1: By the way, it was it happened last week and I'm not even kidding. While scrolling my own voice came up because it was off the Calm Down Instagram and I was like, that is so annoying.
Speaker 2: Hi, everyone to the Calm Down Podcast. You you have you do?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Thursday Night Football. Everybody like you?
Speaker 1: Now you have your announcer. I try to, but my voice couldn't be worse. Yes, this is a true story. Don't say that about you. I was practicing my Christian McCaffrey hit a few times out loud to myself, and I started saying it, how Melissa Stark does a report, and because I really she has a certain way she does hers, and you know, I always try to listen and see how she does it. She I feel like she speaks a certain way. I feel like I speak a certain way. We all have our own ways of doing it. I started like detailing things like I thought she would, and then in the middle of it, I go where I was gonna say, and Kevin Kyle Shanahan said this. I go and Mike like my Ferrico practice and I'm like, no, whoa, I need to lock in. Can you imagine this shit on air?
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: I have nightmares about when I'm doing highlights that I'm going to throw it back to the wrong crew because it goes from Adam to Joe to Kevin whatever. Yeah, but it's also like wake up, like we should know a breadth of fresh air.
Speaker 2: You really are, keV, like you just are. You're like, hey, Kevin. It's it's really nice. I always want to say Hi, CHRISA. That is such a nice thing to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a few thoughts about that before we move on to my game breaks, which I know have been a source of entertainment and conversation before on this podcast, we do need to talk about how adorable you are. That you so anyone that doesn't know Melissa Stark was is was our Michael Jordan. You have to remember, like I still have a haircut that she had when she first came on Monday Night Sidelines and she and is still doing it on Sunday Night now for NBC. And she has always been so good to us and we love her. But I love aged, which she's really annoying. Not a fucking day literally.
Speaker 2: Out myself right now, like I have I don't know, I need a tan. I might be dead. Somebody checked my pulse. Why am I purple? I will tell you why. I'm at the ranch.
Speaker 1: It's very cold up here, but I mean, my god, get this girl some circulation. But yeah, we love Melissa and she has not aged and literally I'm like she looks like her daughters who are.
Speaker 2: Who are gorgeous gorgeous.
Speaker 1: I bet you they get confused for like, there's no way people think that's her mom.
Speaker 2: They're like, is that your older sister? AnyWho? Melissa, we love you.
Speaker 1: I love that you were practicing your report, like Melissa, Well, I started doing details like I was saying. Christian McCaffrey told us he feels good. He actually last week during their bye and I started doing it kind of in her way. She goes about it, which means he got two weeks of full practices. But as Kyle Shanahan told us, and I go Mike and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa where it's great? Ken, we had some great games.
Speaker 1: So you had Tampa, San Francisco and t but I had Baltimore and Dodger Sinnattie so good on Thursday night. Looks so great that wind was blowing. You were in this green coat.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. You looked gorgeous.
Speaker 1: It's a little like saying gorgeous like this, No, you know what, Okay, the frump is this. I just had a whole fitting back here for stuff I'm doing coming up and look right now is oversized for women, which I love, but it's kind of hard on TV because they just see us from here and like the outfit's cute, but is it does it look cute when it's so big?
Speaker 2: Waist up? Waist up is a hard like thing.
Speaker 1: I loved my jacket and I loved shop gorgeous, love that jacket. But then it's like you weren't while I'm working through this short hair, like there's only so many like I can't do a pony to take like a like a power pony like you can. There's only so many different hairstyles you can do with shorty swing my way. And so since it was windy, I was like, I said to Dominique, Dominique, who has to deal with me? I'm always like, let's try something different, and then we try something different and I'm like, I don't like that. She's like, well, this is why we don't try something different. Anyways, it was a half up and it's like, I don't know, I just felt a little frumpy.
Speaker 2: But AnyWho, thank you, love you great.
Speaker 1: Get to have frumpy days when you're on in front of how many millions of people, Like it's hard. I was doing the same thing. I had the same slickback, still do ponytail that I've had because we've had shit weather in all our games, and it looks at Gillian, I go, I stop feeling this. I feel like it's like great, and she's like, oh okay, and I'm like no, I And then you get on air and you're like it's fucking fine. Who cares, It's it's fine, And I told you, yeah, sweet Andrew Whitworth, who we absolutely love, who's just like Aaron looks great, like we just here's the thing that I also love about our teammates, Like we just have like great it's one thing. If a girl says it's another thing. And all these guys are like our brothers. So we're saying it, you know, in a way of like anyways, I just love I just love us. We have such a good group that cheers for Like, even though I'm not a part of Thursday Night, I feel like I am. And fatime when I got on the plane with Al and like we were having a whole conversation like it's yeah, or like you and cann't done that, it's awesome, Yeah it is. It's really great. If any of you are bored by that conversation, it's fine. We're getting back to our originally scheduled programming, which we are.
Speaker 2: Nice people and don't bitch all the time. No we aren't. You were saying that earlier. We're not pitching.
Speaker 1: Here's what I have to say about this podcast. And I love this forum for a lot of different reasons. A. I get to spend an hour and a half with you every single week, like basically FaceTime, which is the inception of this whole podcast, because we would do it anyways. But I love the community. I have to tell you there was two women who came up to me. Shelby from the Ravens, who I'd never met before. She worked the Ravens sideline, and she came up and she said the nicest things about you and I and I just it's never lost on me that other women in this business can be supportive, can be kind, because that's not always been the case. And I know they will not be named, but there's a lot of people that aren't always like that. So I just I appreciate when we are able to meet women who listened to the podcast. And I'm looking through right now because there was another.
Speaker 2: To child Steel.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Chad Chad Steel, he.
Speaker 2: And Tony separated at birth.
Speaker 1: Hold on, wait one second, Wait one second, So sweet Shelby who works for the Ravens, and then Valerie who came up to me on the sidelines and said that she listens to the podcast and just said the nicest things, and I never want to look past that.
Speaker 2: Other women supporting women is such.
Speaker 1: It's something now as I've gotten older and been through some things, it was really meaningful to me when other women take the time to come up and say something, whether it's about our podcasts or us or whatever, or being look, we're not fucking heroes, we get it, but just some sweet inspirational thing and it really means a lot. So Shelby and Valerie, thank you for taking the time to do that, because it makes me emotional and it makes me just remember that there are good women out there that support other women. So I had a great time. I had a great game. And it was week three game game Week five between these two teams went into overtime.
Speaker 2: It was an unbelievable game.
Speaker 1: So coming into this one, we're like, oh my god, can we get lucky enough to have another one of these? And sure enough, it came down to the last minute of the game. There was some you know, some people call them controversial calls, depending on how you look at it. But the Ravens ended up winning, and Lamar was so great and you and I.
Speaker 2: I missed it.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it. I didn't get to see it. I had stuff going on in my life. What was going Tell me how it went?
Speaker 2: So Lamar. I've got to sit down with Lamar.
Speaker 1: I mean this is years ago now and for an interview for Fox, and he couldn't have been greater. But Lamar is not overly talkative, and it just seems sort of like short sometimes in answering and not in an intentional way. He's just like direct the answer, and sometimes when you're interviewing him, you're like, oh my god, because anyone out there, You're like, you want these people to obviously like enjoy the process of doing interviews, because come on, these guys' schedules are jam packed, and it's like, I'm so sorry, and I always apologize for them taking time out of their day or whatever, but you just want the experience to be enjoyable for both people, Okay, not to be like oh God, why do I tell Yeah, I got to go up and like do this interview or whatever. Lamar was so lovely, he was so like he had this like I mean, obviously he's he just won a game, but still it doesn't negate the fact that, like he was jovial, he was fun. I had also mentioned to him about that little bracelet that this girl Presley had made him that.
Speaker 2: He wore in the and he said to me, he was like, yeah, I forgot it.
Speaker 1: I actually was on my way here to the game today and then we were in traffic and I was like, oh, she I forgot my bracelet and just I don't know.
Speaker 2: It is such an honor to.
Speaker 1: Have, and we've talked about it before on this podcast, to have a front row seat to watching these athletes, like watching Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson go back and fourth in these like epic battles, like look, I know that Joe Burrow and the Bengals aren't having the year that they want, but this fucking guy bawled out and so did Lamar and showing And I asked Lamar about that, like what is it like these battles and he's like, I wish they weren't like these because they're exhausting, But like it is so great, like just to have that kind of rivalry a divisional game and to have these back and forth games. It was an awesome one and I just felt privileged to like be there for it. So we got another good one this week, which I'm really looking forward to the Eagles and the Commanders.
Speaker 2: It's just the NFL is week to week.
Speaker 1: I mean, even down to that Kansas City and that Broncos game where it's like a blocked field goal, and of course, you know how much I love Jean Payton. I felt bad for the Broncos, but it's like Kansas City, they like even with like something like that, like find a way to stay undefeated, and week to week, it's just an awesome fuck.
Speaker 2: It's why the NFL. There's no other league like it. It's just the best.
Speaker 1: It's like even in our game, you know, the field goal kicker or field goal kicker Mercy, the kicker his three field goals, yep. And it's where I stand on the sideline is basically that's how I ended up knowing Pat McAfee. I know all the special teams because where we stand is where they're warming up, where they're doing their stuff.
Speaker 2: Justin tech, I'm so sorry, let me get out of the way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those guys, I mean, they'll talk to me during the game. They're so great, and it was one of those I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Those guys have families, they have worked so hard for this. It is such a I hate seeing anyone lose. It is terrible. But he is sitting there and he is kicking, and I'm just like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, and I just don't even want to make eye contact because you feel so bad. The day is going that way. So when he lined up to make that field goal, it's just like, oh my god, oh my god, my god, my god.
Speaker 2: You know, it's just wild. It's wild. You got a long snopper, you got debo, you got you know everything. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I said this when we were sitting there doing game breaks to my sweet researcher Matt, so I said four game breaks and we talked about at the top of the show, I sit next to a researcher, Matt, who I just love.
Speaker 2: He's so great.
Speaker 1: Jared, who's now with you guys on the road, was my researcher before that. Because you need yardage of the play you need the certain individuals. Is it the third touch seven? They score the day like things are happening, and so you always have someone next to you that's providing the like pertinent information that you need or sub substantive information.
Speaker 2: They've lost the Saints have lost seven in a row. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Anyways, But when Moody had missed his second field goal, at that point, I was like fuck. I was like, here's the thing. He'd just come off the high ankle spray and like obviously physically like not feeling great or at least the kicks are representing that he's not feeling great. But more than anything, it's the mental part of that. Because not every quarterback completes every pass, not every wide receiver catches every ball, but like as a kicker, you're expected to make.
Speaker 2: Every single kick.
Speaker 1: So when you don't, it's like, I that is the last last position in sporting. Now, I would want to have goalie pitcher. Though goalie pitcher those are pretty difficult too, they are, but I just feel like with kickers, you're expected to make it, and if you do, it's like, oh, you have one job, and it's like if you have one bad day, like all the whole team is like, bro, you have one job, you know what I mean. So it's a thankless job. But I just much respect to kickers. So I'm glad in his particular case. And I know it didn't go that way for Tampa. So this isn't like, oh, I want the Niners. It's just like, at least his miskicks didn't cost them the game.
Speaker 2: Because how about Baker stiff arming neck Bosa.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, Baker is such highm shit all day. Baker Mayfield, he is just and listen, I love the forty nine ers. This is just again talk a lot of player.
Speaker 2: Damn. He is just so fun to cover. He is so fun to root for. He's just one of.
Speaker 1: The entire drafts, starting with that stiff arm. For those of you that don't know what we're talking about, Baker Mayfield the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has to use his legs to extend this play. I think at that point it must have been fourth and something, or it was third and long, whatever it was, in order to get a first down.
Speaker 2: He's nick Bosa is not like a man.
Speaker 1: He like sasquatch compared to Baker Mayfield, who's like, anyway, I'm not going there, but it's just he's massive of a man, massive, So Baker stiff arms him and for not a second, Like for I would love to know Ryan, how many seconds did he stiff arm him?
Speaker 2: I realized these probably.
Speaker 1: Keeps the play and is able to get the first down, which then sets up the drive that they're able to tie the game and.
Speaker 2: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, holy shit, that series, Like that's where you know we hear guys. I'm like, I want to play for Baker. I want to play with him because he's a dude. This guy would not give up on anything. And now we know his journey through the NFL. He's the number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: He goes to all the things, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: The things and kind of a journeyman and then ends up in Tampa. You and I obviously we love him, but like having sat down with him this year, just like fighting a home in Tampa. He then Mike Evans goes down, Chris Godwin goes down his number one, his number two, and like that dude has zero quit. So I know that they're probably standing wise, not obviously, I know that they're not where they want to be, but I would want to play with and for.
Speaker 2: A guy like that, He's fucking yeah, he said it was.
Speaker 1: Ryan said the stiff arm was about four seconds, and it was it was fourth and seven.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is I want to go back and watch that fourth quarter because there's so much shit happening that it's so hard to know what's going on. Like I see it on a monitor, but I'm also there, but I'm also behind, like the old line, I'm also behind here, like you're doing different things, you know, the debo thing happens. I run over there, so it's like, wait, what happened? You know?
Speaker 2: It was so interesting. I was talking about you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was thinking about this so for us, for like the end of that game, for that Baltimore Cincinnati game, Like I'm sinking in my head, like all right, if we get Joe on set, like these are the questions if I want Lamar on set these, but I have more time, like I've got a commercial grip break, I've got like Kaylee's postgame interview, which by this time, like we have I have at least by the time the game ends to us on set, right, I'm having to do the interview I have probably, I mean because then we got to wait from to come out of the locker room, Like, I have probably seven minutes to like really think about these questions that I want to ask. You have seven seconds because the second that game is over, like depending on I know, So, how do you do that if you're like, do you already think? Like these are the questions I was going to ask so and so and then now? I mean, I I don't know if we've ever even talked about that. I'm really annoying. I keep a notepad of all my stuff. I log the game to keep me I'm not saying I have an attention, you know, I do.
Speaker 2: I have attention.
Speaker 1: I'm all over the place, But I log the game. I don't need to, but it's something I've always done, so I have that. Then you log the game like are you're like okay, you write down six to like six to odd whoa San Francisco thirteen prety two twenty three long run and I'll star it? Write us in your hand this, yeah, right, that's for you. Notice my thumb really friggin hurts there. I've had so many players come up to me and be like, what are you writing? Over there and like it doesn't even make sense what I have. It's basically is my own sense script. Yeah, So I do that to keep myself like occupied and like just make sure like I'm dialed in. But then I'm also looking at stuff like I was looking at that San Francisco defense that was fried.
Speaker 2: Bosa was fried. It was so hot.
Speaker 1: They were, you know, not having much time over on the sideline. So I'm doing that. I'm writing that down, But then I listen to points that Brady makes, and I listen to points that Kevin makes, and I write those down on a little notepad that I'm going to take to my halftime interview and to my postgame interview. So you knew with that interview you had to ask about Christian's return and the impact of it. Where that was going to be. Maybe it was Christian that was going to have the game winning play.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It ended up being the kicker. I thought.
Speaker 1: What was good with that is that game was so many highs, so many lows. It looked like for a while San Francisco was going to lose it because the guy had missed three field goals.
Speaker 2: So George was.
Speaker 1: Perfect to like describe to me what that was like. The second one was George had two amazing plays. He had that thirty yard run and then he had that great catch in the end zone as party was extending the play. You kind of go in with three that you know we'll get there. But yeah, you kind of have to think of it before because you also have to listen to you you have to listen to what the person says in the because especially with George, because he's like freaking quick and fun. He's like, I don't know if you know what an aura is, and he's like that Christian McCaffrey. He's pretty good and it's like fun to have fun with him. Yeah, you have to listen to the postgame interview to the athlete. What a concept. George Kittle. We talked about him before, of course, and our loves for Clay Kittle, but he is I say this about Gronk human espresso. The second you get around that guy, it's like the tight ends really have it going on, you know, you really do. Travis obviously is amazing. I mean Greg Olsen, Kittle, I haven't really had Gonzalez, who Mark Andrews is super great? Who else we got I don't know Sam Laporta that well, that's what I was just gonna say. I haven't had much interaction with Sam Laporta, but I'm sure he's one of those ends are just fun.
Speaker 2: Where are you this week? Chicago? Chicago? What are we wearing?
Speaker 1: We cold and raining? Oh ship, Yeah, I'm in Philly. I'm excited though.
Speaker 2: Your game is great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jaden Daniels Jalen Hurts. Of course, the Eagles just coming off a very decisive one in Dallas. A lot of question marks in Dallas, a lot of things going on there. Uh, this is not a Dallas Cowboys podcast. But yeah, Cheerleaders got picked up for season two. I did seven eight. Hey, Speaking of shows, I admittingly was so excited to watch Yellowstone. I drove up to the ranch after our postgame stuff yesterday and Steve and I were like, let's go. I mean, there's also like this feeling like you're you're at a ranch, You're watching Yellowstone.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah, Rip is down the street. I fell asleep.
Speaker 1: That doesn't shock me. So you worked so hard? How could it's not that it's because Kevin Costner's not in it? Like I say, I see dead or alive. You can't say. You can't say people they had.
Speaker 2: To kill him off.
Speaker 1: It's like, I've got so many questions for Taylor Sheridan, and I know there's beef between the two and that there's like a whole thing. But like I got by Kevin Costner, I knew him, and I'm gonna watch it after.
Speaker 2: We get off here and like get caught up. But I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm so sad. I just want them to squash whatever if they have. Don't say squashed beef.
Speaker 2: Gross. I hate that expression.
Speaker 1: I know. You know. What I've also tried to be more mindful of is like I don't need to say things like piece of shit.
Speaker 2: Or like anything like that. I need to wash my mouth. Yeah it's gross, it's pretty its gross, Like I get it like a little one of the boys.
Speaker 1: But it's like at some point, like, no, I'm disgusting. I don't really need to tighten it up. I think of just women that I look up to, and I'm like, they would never speak this way?
Speaker 2: Am I okay?
Speaker 1: No, well we classier. Yeah, I just need to lock it up. It's not cute.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: It's my early New Year's resolution yet again, probably I feel like we have a year. I just and it's not even about the profanity. It's just about like being crass. Like I hear other yea, when I hear other women like talk like that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, be a lady that. How long would appreciate it? I'm sure? Okay, So let's hold each other accutable. We'll have a little like buzzword.
Speaker 1: When you say something weird or gross, I'll be like, how are we long off?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Speaking of weird and gross, you said you said something that hotel of jim behavior.
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 1: I just here's the thing. I spend a lot of time in hotel gyms. I don't spend a lot of time in gyms. Yeah I do. I go to berries, which I love. I go to pilates. I feel like I've discussed this before. If you have a mess cleaning it up, I just have a very big problem. And I've seen it a few times where people are working out, and good for them, they really detox their body and have a full blown sweat pool around them. I think it's so bizarre when people wipe the equipment down and not the floor that is cover in their DNA. I just think that's wild behavior. And I also think it's wild behavior when the poor gym attendant who also cleans the spa or cleans whatever at the hotel has to get on their hands and knees and wipe down your DNA. How about when the people don't wipe down the equipment at all. You've seen those people that just hop off and don't wipe it down. Are you reporting them?
Speaker 2: Are you going up to them and saying, hey, you forgot to wipe that down? Because I think it's and I need to do that.
Speaker 1: I think it's bizarre behavior to wipe that down but then leave everything else there. Listen, I'm not in the deep end. Watch as I dive in. You need to wipe that out. That's disgusting. This is a PSA. I'll watch my mouth. You wipe the mat.
Speaker 2: Good good, And I need to get on the mat to be more zen.
Speaker 1: That's what I need to do. I need to get on the mat to work on myself. We texted each other about certain things.
Speaker 2: Oh, we sure have.
Speaker 1: And by the way, there's a lot of things we don't text about. We leave voice notes for because I don't want any trail Hansel and Gretel of things that we're saying. And so here's my PSA. If you save a voice note that I've left you, you are not my friend. There is nothing that I leave on a voice note that I want saved. That's why I'm leaving a voice note. If you thought it was funny, if you thought it was cute, great, but you don't need to save it. The minute that I see so and so has kept a voice note, I want to write back, and I have.
Speaker 2: Why do you save that? It's like what it's like? I see you, I.
Speaker 1: See you over there, same times they don't know it's on their settings, though I don't care. It's the same red read receives conversation we've had. If you've saved a voice note from me, now I immediately think that you're going to use that to incriminate me. And now you have something on me, and now I have to wonder who I can trust. So now I'm out here wondering who I can industry, who's keeping the voice notes? Why do you need to keep anything that I've left on a voice note?
Speaker 2: Ever, I'm leaving a voice.
Speaker 1: Note because I don't want it in writing what are we doing? This has been a special announcement by Chrysia Jane Thompson. The more you know win. Honestly, these are the questions that I have. What do you saving them for? Just on a rainy day? You want to go back and listen to some voice notes I've left you, I'd be crazy.
Speaker 2: Is a red flag for me as well? It really flag? All the flags, white, red checkered flag. It's over.
Speaker 1: I almost ran into that Buccaneers flag yesterday on the sidelines. That would have taken me out. Hey, here's something about being on the sidelines. I got a text from a salesman about something.
Speaker 2: You know that I own a car. What are you in the market for?
Speaker 1: I tell you, Masdaki is Chevrolet, Lee Johns and Chevrolet. You've got a friend in the car business. Come on down, just up by four or five exit eighteen in Kirkland.
Speaker 2: If you know.
Speaker 1: You know my man, my guy texting me, Hey, I got this and this and this. Let me know if you're interested. I said, hey, Bud, appreciate it, and he's he's texting me. First of all, Hi, guys on Sundays, can't really get back to you.
Speaker 2: Can't, you know?
Speaker 1: I'm good, but it's not just don't it's not extut your response. My man is texting me a few times. Hey, yeah, just checking in to see if you got my last text five minutes ago. Hey, what do you think about this?
Speaker 2: Any thoughts?
Speaker 1: You know what I wrote back after his sixth text yesterday? Hey, I'm sorry, I'm working a game right now. I can't get back to you. Can we do this another time? Thanks, We'll talk to you next week. Pause, pause, pause another text? Hey, just out of curiosity?
Speaker 2: What game you work in? No? No, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: And by the way, no, say I will not be I will not be buying whatever you're selling. How about the text I get from my account who I'm obsessed with? I love him so much. Now he can say voice notes that I've left him because Lord knows what he's doing with the books over there, so he can incriminate me at any point.
Speaker 2: I mean, my God, that is not irs. Do not come after me.
Speaker 1: I am a clean I am clean, carry the wand divide by two. I overpay my taxes, which, by the way, speaking of which, the state of California gave me some money back because I always try to over that.
Speaker 2: I don't need. I don't need to be blindsided.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, exactly blindsided with Oh we forgot to charge you for this, so I'm overpaying. I'm sending way more money so I get little reimbursement check back. I go into the ATM deposit that check. Check's not taken. It spits it right back out of the machine. I'm like, what do you mean it's not taken? The other checks are taking the cat stick out right back out.
Speaker 2: I always worried did I tear it too bad? I like, is this real? Is this really?
Speaker 1: No? And now and now I'm trying to smooth out the check because it has the red bulls got the exactly not people.
Speaker 2: On it.
Speaker 1: Literally, I'm like, is that the lip closs on it that's keeping the numbers from being registered? Goddamn it holding it up? Is this a real check? I probably had fraud another thing. These people are trying to get me out here. I had this whole thing. Oh, you've got twenty six thousand dollars in unclaimed fund da DA DA da unused unused airline ticket. Really where, by the way, who's the fucking idiot knows?
Speaker 2: Who's howey long? You're right that's a good one. That's good.
Speaker 1: Who's the not intelligent person that immediately writes back, oh I do, Oh my god, Well, now I can't stop.
Speaker 2: It's a fraud.
Speaker 1: I get a text from my brother the other day, Hey, got this weird voicemail.
Speaker 2: He sends it to me.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is so and so with unclaimed funds for your sister. We've been trying to get a hold of her. They found my brother. I swear to God, these people are ruthless. There's no unclaimed funds. But I fell for it.
Speaker 2: And now I'm at Target sending money.
Speaker 1: I had that happen. One time you owe money, go to your local Target and put in your Social Security number. I mean, this is crazy, gullible line one. Nope, not today, And I'm getting these have a few questions for you. Let me know when I have some questions for you, or my taxes paid. I hate those taxes. I have a few questions. No, God, I don't have answers. Don't have no more money. Hey, And by the way, every time I turn around, we got taxes April, we got them in October, we got them in December. I thought April fifteenth was the only day I had to pay attention to know you can.
Speaker 2: Extend extension extension.
Speaker 1: I'm not wearing any extensions, and I would not like her at taxes extended. I don't like surprises. I'm in a time, in a place in my life. I don't want a surprise party. I don't want to be surprised with you owed this much money. The only surprise that I want is when I leave a voice note and it's not kept. Well, there you go, surprise were that?
Speaker 2: God? Enough is enough? You know what else? I'm really on a real heater about I love the fact you said heater.
Speaker 1: At the Delta Lounge for boy, which you guys know my safe place is the Delta Lounge. No one loves Delta more than me. My celebrity crush Ed Bastian. Okay, I get real jealous when Charles Woodson sends me a picture with Ed Bastian because Intercept wine is now being on international flight. It's good for you, Charles Woodson. God only are you Heisman Trophy winner, a super Bowl winner, a national champion, all of the things you have your wine on Delta flights. I mean, this guy just what I think things can't get better for him? He just keeps raising the bar. I'm at the bar trying to order the Intercept wine. And you know what I peep over here at the buffet, people picking things off, not using the tongs. We've got those little sandwiches. We're grabbing in there, We're grabbing. The tongs are there, You're not using them.
Speaker 2: We're reaching.
Speaker 1: We're reaching in not using the tongs. You think I don't see you over here. I'm watching. I'm the eyes and ears of this institution. And you need to use those tongs immediately. You are disgusting. And just because this stuff is free doesn't mean you need to come back for your fourth sandwich.
Speaker 2: What do we use our minds over the free growth? Petera? Yeah, and the humma okay, oh we're dipping.
Speaker 1: See you know how I feel about this? He just walked in. I'm talking about the people at the Delta buffet. Just yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I think about is the communal Is that a word? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Almond milk, oat, milk or cream. It's like we're all touching it, we're all opening it, we're all poorn touching. You're not touching the milk, you're just touching the container. I know, but we're all touching that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's fine. We're not in our hands. Are not in the milk. I'm not in the milk. No, And I'm also I'm tonging. I'm tonguing. We're talking. Who else is taking liberties over here? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Now's the time you decided to light the fire. This podcast isn't over yet. We're still doing it. Now's the time he's gonna light the fire. Well, you have a snowstorm coming. I think somebody should come on, baby, light by fire. This guy wants to get romantic all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Babe, I'm on my way. We only have five minutes left. Turn up the heat. I got one for you.
Speaker 1: Come home last night. We've all heard it. Yes, Aaron, we know it was hot for your game. Yes, we get it. It took eight hours.
Speaker 2: God be hot in here. He's lighting the fire, So take off all your clothes. Howard Long, Howard Long.
Speaker 1: No, By the way, I got a daily mail because you and I have ptas de about headlines.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta a notification. See, I'm not kidding. We don't need the fire right now? What are we doing? I got a notification.
Speaker 1: Aaron Andrews has some choice words for podcast partner Daily Mail. Is now, I say to you exactly because you called me a bit for the for the gray hair. Oh now they think that you're actually calling me a baby.
Speaker 2: I'm irrationally angry. That's what somebody said about me. This is crazy. But he's going on. I don't know. Pet's heads are falling off. They've got five minutes. Oh god, Oh, he's trying to be sweet. This is the thing. I've got plans for you for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: You and Jared are spending it together, So hap hat have plans tonight? Hey No, this is what I was about to say. He's trying to be so sweet last night. I'm tired, I'm dehydrated, I'm sunburned.
Speaker 2: We get it.
Speaker 1: Arin Mackie doodle Doo has come down with a cold. Daddy is dealing with it. He wakes up while I'm still in transit.
Speaker 2: You heard me before, she said it. It was gonna really row me up. And I was like, I'm gonna go in and take care of him.
Speaker 1: And I'm like on the plane and I can see on the nana he's doing it. And so then he he's like we both fell asleep together. I was reading him the Seinfeld book. I got him back in, so I turned banana back on and there's a big he's passed out, which I'm thankful, but there's a big blanket in the crib. And so now I'm like, Jared, he's gonna suffocate. He's gonna suffocate, and I'm not home. So we land at Lax. I'm calling, I'm calling. I'm calling where Andrew Whitworth we have do not disturb. He's not picking up. I'm like, this kid's gonna suffocate. Like, this is bad. So I'm calling the house phone, not picking up the house phone, I'm the landline. Now he's gonna Now he's gonna wake. He's gonna suffocate. He's gonna wake up because you're calling the landline. Now the kid's awake after Jared's put him to bed, and it's all your fault. I went from my god, my husband's so amazing too. You're gonna kill the kid, like and you know, and then he comes home. He's like, hey, babe, I just read your text. It just went and got the thing out.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you can't leave blanket in the crib with the baby. How are you trying to It's like they're trying to be nice. Take a chill. Here's the thing, Howard Long what.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say this too loud because he's obviously can here in the the room.
Speaker 2: We're lucky that we have any boyfriends or husbands when they're soccer nuts. We're crazy. We're fucking crazy. But as they say, thank god we have them so we could have material, Well, we're providing a fabric store worth of material with this. This is crazy. You know what else is crazy?
Speaker 1: I called you the other day because I was walking when I was in Baltimore and we were having our normal rant about god knows what, like this podcast I go to Duncan don't. It's all excited that I'm gonna get my pumpkin. There's like a little chill in the air, the fall foliage, the whole thing. I'm like, I'm gonna get my pumpkin coffee. They already took the pumpkin coffee away. It is awesome in Thanksgiving and you took it away and the peppermints in there. So I don't want to hear this that I can't put up my Christmas tree. Because Duncan already has the peppermint and the white chocolate flavor. And Thanksgiving doesn't not pumpkin anymore. It's Halloween ends, Pumpkin's gone. What happened to shorten these rules?
Speaker 2: It's a great question.
Speaker 1: I want someone from Duncan to answer, or Starbucks or whatever, like you are holding up a Starbucks holiday cup. That's a Christmas it's a Christmas sure adjacent holiday cup. Yeah, it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Look I have my tree up knocking that I'm not knocking it, but I just want to know what I can't still get a pumpkin flavored coffee and it's mid November. If any of you listeners are out there and have if you're still listening, yes, if you're employed by D and D, we'd love a commercial or a campaign we'd run on. I'd run to go get Duncan, Oh my god. Or if you work with Starbucks, please let us know we're interested. I think we have time for headlines. This is to a couple, Okay, go ahead, six cents intuition eight and ten Women feel like they have a six sense. According to new research, a survey of two thousand women looked at how strong they're in tuition is and found that more than half of respondents have a lot of trust in their intuition, especially those who are moms seventy four percent.
Speaker 2: I believe it. Oh, trust your gut always.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of experience in this when I felt like maybe in a relationship someone wasn't being so honest. I've had that. One happened before. Aloha and Mahallow. You know who you are, Steve. This fire is raging. Oh my god, it's literally it's gonna burn the house down.
Speaker 2: Well careful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely trust in women's intuition. I obviously am not a parent. I don't have that, but like I do have, I think I have a maternal instinct with like our fur babies.
Speaker 2: Or don't say for I fucking hate for a baby. I'm just gonna say that. I hate when people say for babies.
Speaker 1: I don't hate you for saying that, but I say that, like, no, you don't say it, but I'm just like if people do, I don't mean that, I don't hate you, it's just I just like I get it. Yeah, I definitely feel like's intuition is a real thing for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We have another headline that I think is wild. My roommates build me for my partner staying over. A Reddit post, Steve said his roommates reached out to him via WhatsApp after noticing his partner had been spending more time at their house. Two day rule for partners. Third day you pay a week's rent. I hope you understand that it costs me money.
Speaker 2: What are you talking? Okay, here's what I'll say about that. I put this on.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's say roommate A and B b's partners staying over. I put this on Roommate B. If you're got if your person's like eating the food or like leaving all the lights on, Like yeah, like have some common courtesy. But like if your boyfriend or girlfriend can't just stay over, that is weird. You're gonna charge them rent? Sounds like you're looking for a new roommate. People are bizarre, no kidding. I mean, and I know we are like always normal either, but like that two days, three days.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: If the person posts up and we're talking like a month and it's like hey, yo, what's uh, what's Sarah doing over here again?
Speaker 2: This month?
Speaker 1: Like we need to Sarah figure out if you and Sarah need to move in together, but like not after two nights.
Speaker 2: Relax, Yeah, I agree. We good.
Speaker 1: You like the fairy tale one, right, I do. Here's a headline I like. TikToker finds modern day fairy tale after shopping for a man at home depot. For those of you do to the Calm Down podcast, Welcome Also, Aaron has an aversion to going to home depot. It stresses her out. She has I don't know what I'm doing. It's my home away from home. I love everything about home Depot. I go in there, I am like I know where I'm going, I know what I'm getting, the whole thing. This says a TikTok creator went shopping for a man at her local home depot. Caitlin and Sorry approached a man shopping in the home improvement store and asked for his advice on how to hang a large picture frame that didn't actually exist. The flirting ploy ended with the pair exchanging numbers, texting, and going on their first day. I think this is fantastic, so cute and Sorry Conn that the pirs to pick up women by the way, they're desperate, They're anxious because they want to get in, they want to get out.
Speaker 2: No one wants to do this crap. That's me, Hey, and you want somebody to do hell are you? Yeah? Kat, you're onto something. I love this. And then she's a show for us.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll put it up here about their actually dating after that.
Speaker 2: I think that's great.
Speaker 1: I had this conversation with when I was getting my hair done the other day, it's so hard that works. There was talking about how hard it is to meet people and you don't want to be on the apps and whatever, like you and I have talked about it before we both got set up, and I'm so grateful for that. Like that's I've never had to be on apps or anything. But like I give it to you. It's like if you don't want to go out every night, and like I don't want to meet someone at a bar, I don't whatever.
Speaker 2: Like it is hard out there in the streets.
Speaker 1: So I like the creativity of Caitlyn being like, you know what, I'm gonna go to home depot so cute.
Speaker 2: Great, and I should pay for their wedding. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well week eleven, sister, I love you. I'm gonna go put out this fire or maybe I'll turn it up. Hey, Howard Long, Howard Long, I know. I mean I'm in a sweatshirt, so you can tell that this whole like being cute in the I'm gonna put on a cute outfit date night.
Speaker 2: Yellow together. You know it was cute.
Speaker 1: I got a full blown, great extraction of this ZiT and I did it with myself, and I basically used a needle and a little instrument and a cue tip and I got the whole thing and I feel great about it. Well, guess what it's really highlighting your brows? And a shout out to Erin O'Toole, who works at NFL Film. She texted me yesterday being like, can I know where Aaron gets her eyebrows done? Oh? My god?
Speaker 2: Enough.
Speaker 1: I got him done probably a month and a half ago. And people are talking about these things. I'm using a serum.
Speaker 2: They look great. This is a positive. Some people say they're buzzard. I'm not trying to make them that way. I just like bushy eyebrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're being you're being crazy right now, because I'll tell you who loved them. Our FaceTime the other day with Julian Edelman jewels like your eyebrows looking you just.
Speaker 2: Got your brows. Donet no.
Speaker 1: I got him down a month and a half ago. I had a whole whiny voice. Then too fantastic, you look great. Problem is mine?
Speaker 2: Mine? I die mine? And then they like the dye goes away in two seconds.
Speaker 1: My god, that's not what happened. I tended them, and I feel like they're getting.
Speaker 2: Darker and darker and darker because you keep touching them.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love you, And.
Speaker 2: To those of you listening, thank you for supporting us in the good times. And is bad keeps mine, keeping keeps sho. No, see what we did there? It's the weave. Grides came back to bridesmaids and always comes back.
Speaker 1: Bye Now.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Aaron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: M