Speaker 1: Yah yah.
Speaker 2: H h h h m hmm.
Speaker 3: Our guest is ready to join us your lifetime. You'd like to do your intro.
Speaker 4: Elijah Burn couple of down because now I'm mad Instagram?
Speaker 5: You mount you my friends? Elijah Hi, honey.
Speaker 1: Hey, what is going on?
Speaker 5: Are you giving me the eyes already?
Speaker 1: Who got you with that? Girl?
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's people being cheap on social You got me high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were talking about Instagram and people being cheap and not buying stuff and not being able to post links.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody wants stuff free these days.
Speaker 5: I know it. I know it, but it's lovely to see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just wanted to apologize. You know, we got the ten minute ruler wrestling Freddy.
Speaker 4: Well, it's eleven minutes for you. So you will get the little slap on the wrist when I see you next time. I saw my man twice lest I saw you.
Speaker 5: What you got your coffee?
Speaker 1: And that's what happened.
Speaker 2: You got me scared with your message from Twitter, and so I was like, let me get everything together, and I tried to make sure I have my cup of coffee and I spilled it because I was rushing.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding you spilled your dunkin Donuts with the lid, not.
Speaker 2: The duncans all now, so I spilled my other coffee that I made because I can drink coffee all day.
Speaker 4: May I just say, your skin looks amazing. I I thought I was looking kind of tan, and now with him on the screen, I look as palace Casper. I'm really I'm really angry.
Speaker 5: I saw you a couple of weeks ago and Fort Wayne, which was a delight. What did you think of that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: That crowd?
Speaker 1: It was different.
Speaker 4: It's Indiana, you know, it's Fort Wayne, not indian Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: It's Fort Wayne, which is like this big.
Speaker 2: Looks very forgotten part of uh, you know, Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: I'll say so, yes, it was great.
Speaker 2: It's always great just because you get the h The crowd was interesting, but certainly having all of you guys there, and you know.
Speaker 1: Anytime I see you, I just freaking lose it.
Speaker 5: So I have what is that?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 5: Does it go back to our first encounter?
Speaker 2: Fake e C dub know it goes not not not not w W e c W know it goes it goes back to the Sunshine Network and and and Chad just let me first, allow hope to say what up? Because Franny, You know, when me and Franny get in the right it can be it can be one hundred people, it could be thirty of the boys.
Speaker 1: Nothing matters at that point in time.
Speaker 3: It's just like I'm not even here.
Speaker 1: I just not.
Speaker 3: I'll laugh, I'll throw it a quip here and there, Oh, I see the pusic.
Speaker 1: I'm not here. But uh, it goes back to the school Shine network.
Speaker 2: Like I told you originally during w W E c W, you know, I was I was, I was man that I was in high school and maybe a little beyond or before that, and I'm watching you and I gotta say you upside down was always my favorite position.
Speaker 1: Uh, the pile driver Tommy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so so when you know that is the memory one of the memories that always stays in my head is him putting you up for the pile driver. But then just the queen of extreme, you know, coming through that curtain and through the interest way, and and when you're in there, you just got there's something that was always so innocent. There's nothing like a bad girl that comes across innocent.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. I am Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she had that whole innocent girl vibe even though she was presented and played this vicious, you know, extreme queen that she was. And I just always dug it. I always dug her.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We just watched the clip of her jumping over a table onto Paul Hayman, so that wasn't very reserved.
Speaker 2: And and and the one thing that I each when I'm doing some holding seminars and teaching now in the Fighting Evolution wrestling in Miami, Florida, I wish we had that type of realism I should say, uh today with the women, I don't.
Speaker 1: And this is a credit to you, and.
Speaker 2: And uh Beulah McGillicuddy and and all the you know, the other main stays that was there when I saw you guys go at it.
Speaker 1: Paul Hayman been such an evil genius. He is in his own way. He knew how to present a cat fight.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see women try to be men and a wrestling ring.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see It's okay. I understand when there's.
Speaker 2: New day and age women are athletic, they can do this, that great, But when I want there's nowhere in the world when you are on.
Speaker 1: The street and pops from the streets.
Speaker 2: Okay, when when when women go at it, there's hair pulling, there's hair tugging.
Speaker 5: Like a real fight.
Speaker 2: Where's a real fight, And you guys presented that at times with the sex appeal as well. And I remember in my backyard. I remember my backyard of my home, my mom's home, dad's home.
Speaker 1: There was a cat fight going on. We were in the one to watch it.
Speaker 2: You know, the the g strings are all out who they are fall falling out that you.
Speaker 1: No, there was fighting over another dude, but it was in my backyard.
Speaker 4: Well, I I thank you for the compliments. We're not here to talk about me. I want to talk about you. And so you mentioned Paul. I'm jumping ahead a little bit because you've been wrestling before two thousand and six. But what was your relationship like with Paul in the Fake E C.
Speaker 1: Dub?
Speaker 5: Did you get to work with him a lot? There?
Speaker 1: I did work with Paul.
Speaker 5: It was the fake E C.
Speaker 1: Double can't Yeah, we just call it w W E C W. That's that's our you know, that's your originals.
Speaker 4: Call it the fake there you go, Yeah, I'm sorry, no disrespect to anyone.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I worked with Paul.
Speaker 5: Paul Paul is was.
Speaker 1: And will probably always be a genius.
Speaker 2: And and and by genius, it doesn't necessarily from my take on Paul, it doesn't necessarily mean that all of his ideas are just money and great and no, no, no, genius means the worker in him, Paul, and you probably got more of it than I. But Paul is a freaking work. Paul can talk the flesh off of a skeleton. Paul Hayman, you know, Paul Hayman can convince you that there's life after death, and he can convince you of heaven the hell, and then he'll could miss you that hell's the better place to go to.
Speaker 4: We always said, he will tell you the sky is green and the grass is blue, and you'd be like, yes it is, because that's he.
Speaker 5: Just has that gifted gab.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: People, people always told us that we were like zombies. We did whatever, like puppets. They called us puppets. We would he was the puppet master and we were his puppets and stuff. But it was we believed in our products so much that we wanted to believe that what he said was gospel, right, It wasn't that oh we drank the kool aid. I hate that expression, but that's that's another thing that was always out there. You guys were so stupid because we weren't getting paid at the time, you know, but we were just so hopeful that something would click and that the company would be saved and whatever Paul told us was going to come true, which it didn't.
Speaker 5: But you know, we were his soldiers.
Speaker 1: So that was the bond. That was the you know, you guys were they.
Speaker 2: Out cast quote unquote promotion even from a fan watching like myself.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys were the little edge, and that could.
Speaker 2: Every time I thought about the c W, I thought about that Christmas story, Uh, with the Christmas Missives.
Speaker 4: Toys, the Island of the Misfit Toys. That's what we called ourselves.
Speaker 1: That and that's how that's how I envisioned, uh.
Speaker 2: And it took somebody like Paul, you know, to to make it work. As far as pushing and encouraging you guys and motivating you guys. He he tried to bring that same aspect to w W E c W as well. Sure it was only one problem, Uh, it wasn't his show true and problem, you know. So so so there were times when Paul can get you by yourself and motivate you. I remember when they sent him down to ob W and and and and you know when they took him just W. You know, so they sent him down the old b W de Vince and I and I was working with him there before I got you know, uh, when they sent him down demoting him for SmackDown. So I worked with him in OBW before he went back up to e c W. And I remember Paul coming in and he's like, he just I want you to go out there and just preach.
Speaker 1: Just there. There are your congregation, there are your people. Go talk to him, go beat you and and and that's all.
Speaker 5: You know, you got the hands down pat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, he's a great motivator.
Speaker 5: Yeah he really is. He really is.
Speaker 4: So you you you were digging e c W as a kid, Did you always know you wanted to be a wrestler, like from.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, now now you're talking about e c W.
Speaker 2: I'm digging you, guys because even when I went into law enforcement, uh straight out of high school, I went to there.
Speaker 1: I was an officer for ten excuse for five years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and so when I came home, uh here in Jacksonville, I come home, it's you know, midnight. I may have had my raw or you know, night show may have had that recording on the VCR, and by the time I get done with my shower and stuff, I may have fast forward and watch what I wanted to watch. Guess what's coming on at one or two am in the morning on the.
Speaker 5: S we had the worst time slots.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: I stayed up to watch it. You guys are coming on on the Sunshine net Work at freaking one and two o'clock in the morning. Yeah, right out anyway, So okay, let me sit here and watch it. But n w A man, And that's that's the other flip side. I grew up watching loving n.
Speaker 1: W A, and and here I am. N n w A had the opportunity. Dusty Dusty was my guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, everybody knows Dusty Rose, Yes, everybody knows his influence on me.
Speaker 1: I got a chance to work with him hands on in WWE.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: I remember when I walked in there with my suitcase and here comes the dream walking down, you know, through the corridor, and I just freeze I'm right by catering I freeze to come to Dream. I'm like, Okay, what am I going to do? What am I going to say? How do I react? How do I respond? So as he got near me, I go, hey, Dream, Elijah Burd, Nice to meet you. He goes, put that hand out the way. Boy, I know all about you.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you and now we're gonna make a lot of money together.
Speaker 2: And yeah, So to watch this guy to be influenced by this guy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, we didn't have.
Speaker 2: Any black heroes at that time in wrestling, have any black world champions? Dustin Rose was the closest to a black world champion that a black.
Speaker 5: Guy had because of Sapphire.
Speaker 1: Oh we're talking rap. He had it.
Speaker 3: He had it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he said when he's when he said, your hand reach out right now, your hand.
Speaker 5: Talked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're missing a point. Though.
Speaker 2: Dusty was like a Southern Baptist. Yes, and you've been from up where you are, you probably wouldn't get that. You know, it probably wouldn't resonate with you the way that it does with us down here, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, so Dusty had that and not just that he was charismatic. Dusty was influenced by Muhammad Ali as well, you know what I'm saying. So he took a lot of Muhammad Ali's rap and applied to his game.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: I'm too sweet, babe power.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, you took all that stuff from a Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we resonated with dust Rose, the American dream, the common man. We resonated with the fact you know that he the whether you're black, whether you're white, you're big and small.
Speaker 1: We we got it.
Speaker 2: And Dusty just had that connection, not just with one race, but with everybody.
Speaker 5: Everybody, brought everybody together.
Speaker 1: That's why he's so beloved. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And he taught me the figure four because I had to do it too. We worked a program with him, and uh, it was I think it was me Dreamer, somebody else. I can't remember. Oh maybe Terry funk I I don't remember. And it was no, it was me, It was dust and Dusty, But then it was Korea. Yeah, No, I'm sorry, it was we baby case. So is there three of us against Corino, Jack Victory and somebody else. But we all did the figure fours in the ring. And I had to give it to Steve Carrino. So before the show, Dusty took me in there let me do it to him a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he was so cute. He says, honey, you do it better than I do.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I don't think so, but thank you anyway. But he was great to work with and he was such a doll.
Speaker 2: And then he was the guy that when I got up there, as I said, I remember, uh, you know, I've never had a problem talking.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They brought me in, actually they brought me up. I was going to be a member of the Spirits squad. A lot of people don't know this news flash.
Speaker 5: You heard it here first.
Speaker 3: Man, that was a big deal because that was, yeah that I remember that highly speculated back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to be a member of the Spirits squad. It was Bence McMahon's idea.
Speaker 2: My dear, we're gonna make a lot of money, a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I didn't take the offer. I declined.
Speaker 5: Everybody's telling you you're gonna make a lot of money, though.
Speaker 1: And everybody gave me a lot of hell, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of Wait a minute, you decline this McMahon tells you, I want you to be on the Spirit and you say, no, sir, thank you.
Speaker 5: Is that career suicide.
Speaker 2: In a way, that's what a lot of people thought. Okay, but but but here's the thing with Vince. He clearly told us it's my idea. I'm riding on my jet and I say to myself, what can And all of a sudden, I thought male cheerleaders. Everybody hates cheerleaders. He said, So this is not from the writing team. He's he's talking to us like this. It was only four of us. Not it wasn't five. It was four me, Ken doone, uh, Nick Niman and Nick Mitchell. That was the four original for the Spirit Squad says, I don't want you to do it if you not comfortable with it. But I'm telling you immediately, you're finna make the most money you've ever made in your life.
Speaker 1: And those guys did. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm an athletic black guy, but and I know I was going to stand out. I know I can work, and I was the only black guy, so I knew I was going to stand out, and I was not comfortable going out there and put your in a male cheerleader. And to those guys credit, you know, I'm not finna be running down, jumping off with a trampoline and over the top rope and killed myself either.
Speaker 4: So you think the gimmick was too silly or too corny for you, I mean, did you aspire to be something bigger that that too? Uh?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: It was goofy, but it was gonna again. He put money in front of us. It was a goofy gimmick. I'm thinking career longevity, okay, where you know I'm not. I don't want to be here for a minute. I want to have a career. I want to have a twenty plus year career and and be one of the greats. And I didn't see that as I saw it as a money making right now opportunity.
Speaker 1: But it was not something.
Speaker 2: I mean, nobody talks about the Spirit Squad today and they had they had lined multiple Biger views with this mcmon Immediately they second Vince McMahon when he fought Sean Michaels and god they went and won the title. They defeated and are lost to Rick Flair Roddy Piper. The guys were all over the place doing everything with Vince McMahon d X. But once it was done, they put him in a crate. Literally literally they put him on a crate.
Speaker 5: Come to it end.
Speaker 2: But still and that's and so they came to an end, and Elijah Burke began.
Speaker 5: Did you get heat for saying?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 5: How long? Did I mean? Was it like?
Speaker 1: How long?
Speaker 2: One of the one of the top guys up there at the time, and and legend dairy and you know, I won't.
Speaker 1: Say his name now because I gotta save it.
Speaker 4: From a book, Okay, but you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know I was actually sharing this story with two of my good friends, Christmasters and JTG right behind you. Yeah, I was sharting when we were talking. And when we're in developmental, they pull you and have you drive to shows that were within hours of driving, you know. So like we were in Louisville, so I think it was Cincinnati, So we had to go to Cincinnati and or maybe Tennessee, but I believe it was Cincinnati hour and a half away. So and got there and asked customary. All the young guys got to go shake the main guy's hands, you know, certainly the main guy.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, thank you thank you for being here. Whatever.
Speaker 2: And I go to one of the guys not tak her, obviously not taking her, go to shake.
Speaker 1: His hand and then he goes, all right, okay, hey.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm like, yo, what's going on? And he's like, you said no? O, like like what you need? You said no? You said no, and you're still here. A lot of people don't get taken chances and you're still here.
Speaker 1: Like what hell? Dustin Roses over there? This is like it's fourth run. What do you mean.
Speaker 5: Yourself?
Speaker 1: Wait where you're smart too.
Speaker 3: There's two things in there that that are kind of funny. So you were replaced by Mitch in the Spirit squad, who had nothing to do.
Speaker 1: No, I don't mean to cut you off.
Speaker 3: No, no, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was replaced by two guys. It went from four guys to five guys. I was replaced by Johnny Jeter.
Speaker 3: And okay, okay, so Mitch was already in the lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So me saying no opened the door for the and they thanked me. You're lost, but they thank me.
Speaker 3: The other point was that when they threw him in the box, they threw a stamp on the side of it that says back to.
Speaker 2: O b W. Well, yeah, and only two of those guys survived momentarily that was Kende, who still to this day.
Speaker 1: But certainly then he was such a young prodigy.
Speaker 2: Uh maybe didn't have the might skills that Vent's like, maybe didn't have necessarily. Look, the boy just was I love Kendo. He is a athletic guy. And and he they tried to give him a little singles run and and and then Dolph.
Speaker 5: Ziggler, he's still kicking?
Speaker 1: Who was still kicking? He went down, He stayed in the territory.
Speaker 2: He went left from OBIW and got a new life, went to f c W at the time, which is down at Florida.
Speaker 5: To Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 2: He just he stuck it out, reinvented himself, died his hair, got the dogs. Sigler character and his talent could not be denied, even though even to this day is suppressed. You probably don't even know that the man's a former world champion.
Speaker 5: Oh I knew that to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, they don't even acknowledge.
Speaker 4: But I understand what you're saying. But for me, like listening to your story, like I always had respect for you, because I mean, we've been friends for a while, and I admire your work and everything. This makes me respect you so much more because you don't hear a lot of people say no, I'm not gonna do that because they're so scared of like losing their job or being blackballed from the business. So you had the balls to tell Vince McMahon, I'm not gonna do this.
Speaker 1: Respect actually absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean that takes a lot of courage. So kudos to you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and I tell people, include some of the guys that I've been in the ring with. You know, I was officer for five years. I boxed for three years. I got a record of one old I got I lost one time. I only lost one fight in my life. Okay, So from a fighting standpoint, I always tell people, uh, don't get it twisted.
Speaker 1: Don't fuck with me, you know, because I will mess you up. I don't have a problem.
Speaker 2: I didn't I didn't have to get I didn't get the bullying. If you will love a JBL you know those stories are yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Because I just read Justin Roberts book, right holy.
Speaker 4: He gave me the book three years ago, but I just read it on the plane wing because I forgot about it.
Speaker 1: To be honest, you won't be getting.
Speaker 4: Read right away seriously, but it's I mean, it's a sad story because Justin's one of the nicest people out there, and to read about the hazing and the bullying, like we had a discussion before, I don't understand why this needed to be done. I can understand if you're being an asshole to somebody and this is going to be the way that they you know, they get you back for it. But if you're a nice kid and you're doing your job and you're respectful and you're a good work why do you have to be hazed like that?
Speaker 2: I think it was just a culture of wrestling at It's just like it was very much so, and you know, it was a college atmosphere. We won't even talk about you.
Speaker 5: I know, I know, but I'm glad you didn't have to go through all of that.
Speaker 2: Well. I mean, where I'm from, we say something like I wish up, would you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: A person like you wouldn't have taken that, of course not.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, you can't walk around with your your butt cheets clinched, you know, because when you clinch your butt cheeks. Yeah, well, well, when you clinch your butt cheets, your pants, your shorts, your skirt, your material is going to get caught up in between the cracks. Therefore, everybody knows your butt cheets or clinch. Analogy there is you just got to be loose.
Speaker 1: Oh if you just said if.
Speaker 2: You stay loose, but there's no challenge, there's no there's no.
Speaker 1: There's no encouragement to try to go up in there, that's right.
Speaker 2: But when when you clinched and it's tight, it's like, okay, I got to get up in that right there.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm learning so much today, right, And.
Speaker 1: So that's what you did that.
Speaker 2: They did that to those who walked around with their you know, and they were just two uptight and whatnot. It's more so as a I don't I don't know justice issue. I'm not I'm not justifying anything because I haven't read that book. What I'm saying is I know that even in my days of coming up, you know, we did the same thing, not to a bullying degree.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna sell a joke to a guy to see how they take the joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's breaking up, you know, that's you know, breaking the ice all the other stuff. I got in the ring with Bob Holly as soon as I got up there. We're in Australia or New Zealand, whichever it was. We're doing the SmackDown.
Speaker 1: Oh my, got my phones along.
Speaker 2: We're doing the SmackDown ECW sorry, smack Down e CW.
Speaker 1: Tour and we got this huge battle roll with SmackDown and Raw at ec way And this is my first time in the ring with Bob Holly.
Speaker 2: You know what I did as I as as that Battle Royal starts, I fight my way over to Bob Hawk and I said, Bob shop me. Bob was beating up someone and he stops and goes and then the guy just leaves.
Speaker 1: He's like what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just leaves and and Bob freezes and he goes, what I said, chop me, And he goes all right, and he puts me in the corner and he gives.
Speaker 1: Me a chop.
Speaker 2: Right, it wasn't his best chop, but I sold it like a million dollars. And then I tried to leave and he goes come back and he gets another chop, so I tried to go the other way. He grabs me again. You know those uh you know the scaffold things that they have around the.
Speaker 1: Rings with the lights when you're Yeah.
Speaker 2: I climbed up and the whole out place pop. Now, now you may ask, well, why did you do that? It was because I was him. Know I can take what he gives me. I'm not afraid of him.
Speaker 5: Right and afterwards did he come up to you?
Speaker 1: It was he loved it. He loved it. I know him all over the place.
Speaker 2: I was gonna pull over time and dreamer and stances issues up today. But he was my favorite E c W guy. But going back to to the bullying aspect, Bully Ray Okay, yeah, I told you, Papa, go in the woods, but I'll come back.
Speaker 5: Out where were going.
Speaker 1: Billy Ray comes to t NA. Okay, and him and and and uh mh, I'm a top babyface there. We're gonna do a six man tag.
Speaker 2: They got their student Jesse and Neal with them, and I'm with Homicide and Matt Morgan, but uh the other Hernandez thank you sir. So all three of us are going to take on those two. Those three, I get tagged in Bullyard. This is my first time in the ring with Bully Ray, we lock up, we do a little something something, I think, but it all came down to that. No, we didn't even lock up. We still face to face and the crowd is chatting.
Speaker 1: Spampinpin.
Speaker 2: You know what Bully Ray did. He slapped the piss out of me. You know what I did?
Speaker 5: Oh no, oh no, I.
Speaker 1: S I shoot double legged.
Speaker 5: Him, Oh you did? Oh wow?
Speaker 2: And I punched him right on top of his eye, one good punch. Well, I'm all look at that point, I'm three to four years professional and professional professional on TV.
Speaker 1: I know how this works.
Speaker 2: But you know when I double legged him and I hit him, I didn't. I mean I didn't again, nothing hard, but I hit him.
Speaker 1: You know what he was.
Speaker 2: Doing when I was on top of him, he was saying, you know what because he was seeing where I was.
Speaker 1: He was testing me. After it was over with, look what you did to my eye? You sell them a beat?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: I love he loved it.
Speaker 2: He's like I wish I could get other people to react to, you know, emotionally respond accordingly. Right. I didn't stand there and wait for him to say, Okay, this is what we're going to do after you just slapped the pists out of my mouth. No, I'm coming at you. He rolled out, and then we resigned.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's how you do it.
Speaker 5: That's how you do it.
Speaker 4: Well, now let me take it to today because you mentioned n w A and you were blowing it up.
Speaker 5: Sir.
Speaker 4: Oh by the way, he had to tell me in Fort Wayne that he was the main event. Forgot to mention that, I said, I said, hey, you working tonight? Just very innocently main event, I said, because we start sure where you were on the park, you know?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, it was It was more.
Speaker 2: Like in the room now with old friend and when she sees Pop, everything is Pope being sexy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Is that what it is? No, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, main event, which meant that, and she's like, oh wow.
Speaker 7: So long you know, Like I was like to go too, yeah, said I said, well, I'm not booked on that, and the main event is going to go on at twelve pm later.
Speaker 4: Tell us about n w A. Now, how did you get involved? Did you reach out to Billy? Did they reach out to you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, what happened?
Speaker 1: I was I was sitting right here, okay here but home, and.
Speaker 2: I was watching the first season of n W A Power And again we're talking coming full circle as a kid sitting watching n W eight Power Hour and watching Dusty player Arn and the TV title that I you know, I'm the sixth longest reign in the world television champion in the.
Speaker 5: History, not the seventh, but the sixth.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 2: It means a lot because you got you got Tudy Blancher at number one. Excuse me, Paul Jones at number one, Tudy blanche at number two, Mike Rotundo at number three, On Anderson number four, Steve Auston at number five.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm proud of that.
Speaker 5: You should be. And by Mike Rotundo is my mom's favorite wrestler.
Speaker 1: Just want to let you know.
Speaker 5: He's so cute and my mom's ninety one years old. Oh go ahead, please continue.
Speaker 1: So anyways to I'm watching n W A Power.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing this, you know, one hour show on YouTube and I'm just the only wrestling show and I do my podcast post Point of View with Elijah Burke.
Speaker 1: I'll get you on there soon.
Speaker 2: But I'm watching and I'm like, man, this is entertaining. This is wrestling. It's not all the skits and all of It's just wrestling the way that I remember wrestling being with a new school feel to it. It's old school wrestling with a new school feel. It's wrestling. And you'll get a dive maybe on the pay.
Speaker 1: Per view here and there.
Speaker 2: You know, you ain't getting all the over the ropes and crazy. It's just wrestling. I loved it, and it was entertaining so much entertaining that I would sit and watching the commercials. The commercials were entertaining really okay, yeah, because the commercials were their own in commercials, which were which was ridiculously funny.
Speaker 1: The city.
Speaker 2: You know, they would have like I'm Madam Ruby, and I'm like, get to w a power, I reach your future.
Speaker 4: Like a flashback to whatever year it was they were recreating.
Speaker 1: No, they just created. They created it in an old school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Right. It was great, and so I'm a fan. I'm watching it.
Speaker 2: It's the only wrestling at the time that I can sit and watch one without fast forwarding, without losing my attention span.
Speaker 1: And after the first season, I got a call from n W A say hey, and I'm like hey, like you know hey.
Speaker 2: They're like like so, uh, you're tied up or anything.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, h what do you think have you seen it? I'm like, yeah, I'll watch you guys. I love it. What do you think about coming to join us?
Speaker 4: No problem?
Speaker 1: Crazy part.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time, much like with WWE when I was bought in. I was bought in to be the mouthpiece for semester turcaie girl, I'm the interview when you bring popol, you got somebody that can just talk. I need the falls and let you pitch your stuff.
Speaker 1: But I came in.
Speaker 2: I came in with Sadesta Turkai to be his mouthpiece, his manager, okay, and then they're like, we're gonna put you in the ring. We're gonna put him outside the range. Sure, the same thing here I go to NWA. I'm just the mouthpiece. I'm supposed to be the manager, and somehow, someway, they always find a way to get me back in the ring because.
Speaker 5: They know how talented you are.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: And I mean if you sucked, you'd still be on the outside and with the microphone.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I appreciate that. That's what happened.
Speaker 2: I was a manager and COVID hit like, look, we want you to back in the ring.
Speaker 1: And now I got a.
Speaker 2: After having that fantastic run with the World Television Champion or the championship, now I have the opportunity to become the second black man in the seventy three year history of the n WA to become the world's heavyweight champion.
Speaker 5: That's very exciting.
Speaker 1: That's mind boy going to me.
Speaker 4: So when is there a pay per view coming up that you want to plug or what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well right now next week October twenty fourth. I don't know when you guys listen to this, but we're going to be an Oak Grove, Kentucky. We're going to be doing especially being an Oak Growth Kentucky WA by enemies necessary. I won't be taking on one of your friends' sons. Kobe Corrino.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, yes, So.
Speaker 1: I'm you know Kobe Carino.
Speaker 2: He's young, Like I said, he's he's brash, he's ahead of his class.
Speaker 1: Give him the whooping that Steve Corrino should have.
Speaker 5: Put on him. Okay, iby ever since he was a baby.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, and a good good kid.
Speaker 5: He's a good kid and funny quick story.
Speaker 4: Steve used to bring him on the road sometimes, and we'd be in the locker room, you know, and he'd be he is a little like one two years old, and I don't know why he was naked.
Speaker 5: But Colby was naked and he came over to me and he put his penis on my shoulder. Yeah, and I said, hey, now, son.
Speaker 4: He just started cracking up, laughing, and Colby was laughing and uh, I don't know. I think i'd put a towel around the resulting. But they started young. No, and now look at him. I remember when Kobe put his penis on my shoulder, and Sadman also did that when he was drunk in Pensacola, Florida.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, you know how many people wish they were Kobe Karino at that time.
Speaker 4: I just said excuse me a little one. And then with Samy and I I didn't even sell it. I said, sir, get that off me right now. He was so drunk he was. And it's on it's on DVD. It's when Samon gets naked and pen to Cold Florida. If you look it up, you're lying. No, he's naked in the center of the ring. He takes off all his clothes. He was bombed, he was obliviated, and he was started drinking as soon as we got to the building.
Speaker 5: It was a house shell, you know. But his penis ended up here and I just saw.
Speaker 4: I said, get that off me right now, and he did and walked away, and I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, oh, listen, I love that.
Speaker 5: I do do. I don't love his penis on my shoulder.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying like, you have the opportunity to work with you guys. First, have me finished his Bucks Necessary, Toby to Willing both and Oak Rogue, and then Hard Times Too, Hard Times Pay per View NWA, December the fourth, in Atlanta, GA. I don't know what the plans are. I know there's one man that runs the show literally and we're grateful for him. His name is Billy Cogan. So to have Billy Cogan, you know, just making his own decisions, that's great. I have the title opportunity that I can cash in at any time.
Speaker 1: I'm beginning to feel.
Speaker 2: Like Hot Times is going to be that time for yours truly.
Speaker 5: Might be the time to cash that taken in.
Speaker 2: Might be so, So there, you guys, go and we'll do another round and taping as well.
Speaker 1: But let me talk about Hack real quick before I toss it back to you, girl. Hack you.
Speaker 2: Hack Tommy Dreamer, who was my again, we both loved dream I didn't know he was a dream guy and that's why he became Dreamer. But I love Tommy Dreamer. He actually hired me to w W. How about that first.
Speaker 5: Crazy Yep, you never know who you're gonna work with in this business.
Speaker 1: I know this my favorite c W guys who hired me.
Speaker 2: I have worked with you, Rob Van Damn good old Balls.
Speaker 1: And Mahoney who love balls in Yes, knew Jack.
Speaker 2: They worked with him but had but me and him were like cool every time we came from each other. And the list goes on. So to be in there with you, guys, Sabu, you know who was just as crazy then as he was back when, it is truly an honor. And and to have a respected friendship with you as well, who always brings out the boy and me like gosh, always you are. I'm not lying to you, you best Black. Pope's a big boy now.
Speaker 1: I know you are, sir, And and Pope's growing by the minute.
Speaker 5: His milk and taking his vitamins.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad you took it that way, and I hope everybody else did.
Speaker 5: That's the only lay.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Yes, I much love to you, girl. I have nothing you are. Let me shut the story for your fans, and then I'm going to shut up. When me and Francine started, gosh, it's two hours already. When me and Francine started with working together in w W E c W, and I met her around the ring. It was my first time introducing myself to Francine at ringside that's.
Speaker 1: Where we first met. Remember, oh, don't worry, you know.
Speaker 2: And she she was she was a little bit I don't want I don't know if you were shy of just being because of the environment up there.
Speaker 1: I just no, no, not shot for me, I mean shot period. Yes.
Speaker 2: So I came around. I'm like, it's Francine. I'm finna go talk to her. I'm going to introduce myself. And I went to shake your hand because they would getting some entering stuff together with the girls, and you had to be out there. I see him so and so, and you turned around. It's like and your eyes are those big eyes? Just hi, o, God, nice to meet you. And I just it just melted me on the inside. I've never it just melted me, like your your look like it's just like, Okay, I'm here. I don't know what this is. I know what it is, but I don't know what this place is.
Speaker 1: It's not my E c W.
Speaker 5: But I want to make it work and I tried.
Speaker 2: I don't know who you are, but nice to meet you. Oh no, but it was so Yeah, it made my day. So every time I come into your presence, I feel like it's two thousand and six seven all over again.
Speaker 5: God adorable. I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: Don't try me.
Speaker 2: Don't push me, I said popes ain't no homewreak, but don't push me.
Speaker 1: Girl, you are. I can.
Speaker 5: Give me some where can sign you?
Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey, listen, I'm behaving here because I'm.
Speaker 2: On camera boy to full Pope mode when I get friend see over on post Front of You Podcasts with Elijah Burke, which you can find wherever it is you listen to your podcast at Apple, Spotify, Citrus, Spreaker, Our Heart Radio, Google Play, and the list goes on. You can also catch up with your boy on Twitter and Instagram at the Black Pope that's at DA not the du Black Pope. You can follow me on Facebook as well, Facebook, dot Com, Slash, Elijah Burke, and I got Twitch coming soon.
Speaker 1: But you guys will be updated on all of that and real quick.
Speaker 5: Your charity, that's where your boy was going.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Franny. My charity's tenth year anniversary is actually coming up January the eighth.
Speaker 2: We will be celebrating Serve in the community of Jacksonville for ten.
Speaker 1: Years.
Speaker 2: This is our big annual event and we follow up our again. We feed people frying. We don't feed them out of a brown paper bag. We don't feed them out of a soup truck.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: We go down to Burger King in the center of the homeless community in Jacksonville, and we ordered straight out of Burger King where we got three, four or five hundred people on mean, you know, any given day lined up and we feed them the stuff that sometimes we take for granted, because you know, I've seen people eat half of a burger and then throw it in the trash, and I saw a man walking to that same trash, pull that bag and he ate it. That's when I started my charity. That's when I said, you know, we got we can do better.
Speaker 1: We can do better.
Speaker 2: So tip the anniversary is gonna be January the eighth. Guys, you can head over to Love Thatashall Live and you can learn all about my charity. You can see what Pope's doing in the community. You can also donate on that very same website. One dollar help makes the difference. We just want to be the change that we wish to see in the world. And if you want to see it, because I make sure you guys see where your money go, you can go over to Pope TV and just scroll through and you'll see some of the love a lot of charity advents. You'll see the people line up, whether the homeless or not, if they stand in line for hours.
Speaker 1: They need it.
Speaker 2: We give it clothes, shoes, hygiene products, book back for kids filled with essentials to help them achieve academic success, and the list goes on.
Speaker 5: I love it. I love it. That's the one thing I said when I get him on the show, I have.
Speaker 4: To talk about that charity because it's wonderful what you guys are doing down there, and I'm just so proud of you. You're doing everything. You got it all going on right now.
Speaker 5: And you look good doing it, kiddo, So kudos to my friend.
Speaker 1: Love it when you call me, when you call.
Speaker 5: Elijah, good luck with n w A.
Speaker 2: It's like you're well saying daddy, thank you.
Speaker 5: You know, I hate that daddy.
Speaker 3: We were talking about.
Speaker 4: We did a sex quiz because we do Patreon the extras, you know, and we get a little a little more raunchy on the other shows that we do, right, because you have to pay for those.
Speaker 5: And the word daddy makes me cringe. I don't like it. You make your women call you daddy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, daddy, that's d A d d e h daddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, isn't it the same thing?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's not.
Speaker 5: Different. How is it different?
Speaker 2: Well, well, because daddy is is a paternal term and a sexual term. Pope says daddy to everybody. Oh, daddy is more of a slang.
Speaker 5: That never said that to me. That's what I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, your friend a girls, daddy, little girls, come up, give me some dap daddy.
Speaker 1: You know that's what that's what.
Speaker 5: It must be. Because I live up here and you're down there.
Speaker 1: You don't you don't get you get alive.
Speaker 4: You see, I get Okay, I get the real the real stuff.
Speaker 1: If you got Pope, you walk different.
Speaker 3: All right, this.
Speaker 5: Was a treat. Thank you for coming on and for only being eleven minutes late. I appreciate it. And when you want me to come on over and do your stuff, let me know. Keep in touch. But I do love you and I wish you the best of luck.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. All right, meet.
Speaker 3: Same here, bye buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: France Fran Scene Scene in Extreme Extreme Odds up here, hand head, the Queen Extreme Podcast eyes up here, Hey head, the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme Bruni and the legend.
Speaker 1: She is the woman of your dreams.
Speaker 6: Legend on the scene France Scene Podcast.
Speaker 2: What you mean with your.
Speaker 6: Dream blady to show you what you need you find the stand of Queens from the beginning of time. Odds here our heart radio, shine only a head and tell you a story from the way. The legend odes up here. The Queen Nobody's like Fresh scene pies up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast IDEs up here. Here pad the Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here here. Hand the Queen Extreme Podcast PIDs up here here. The Queen Extreme Podcast Podcast.
Speaker 1: Help to