Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Democratic National conven Trend or the d trend C. That's courtesy of Vanadium Silver on the discord.
Speaker 2: Shout out to you. My name is Jack.
Speaker 1: That over there is Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: To What do I owe that honor?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just got a little ODB Miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here here.
Speaker 1: Yea yeah, all right. Uh we're a day into the d n C. Depending on when you're listening to this, maybe two. I did not watch, Miles, I did not watch. Well, that's why. That's why this show works, because I have to subject myself to untold amounts of political content just habitually, even without trying.
Speaker 3: I watched most of it, and it's like it's.
Speaker 4: Different like when the RNC you're like, yeah, man, what kind of fucked up things are everyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a little more interested in that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The DNC, it's like, what kind of fucked up things are the Democrats? Going to ignore?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: Very nice? Nice? Let's remember hey there's Hillary, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, Raphael Warnock as usual, just a fantastic you know, a preacher is always going to get the crowd on its feet.
Speaker 3: And he did exactly that.
Speaker 4: AOC spoke, who else Jasmine Crockett spoke and did a little bit of alliteration like touching on her bleach blonde, bad built, butch body insult from oh she did like, well, the well the violators will the votes you violated in the It was like a v thing alliteration.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this is just we get it. We can we know, you know, we know you're we know you're witty.
Speaker 4: But I mean it's just like it's again, it's it's like a way to just get everybody in the in the Democratic Party excited. And then Biden gave his speech and I was like, okay, great, and everyone.
Speaker 3: Was so just like what an amazing speech? What an amazing speech?
Speaker 2: Like really, you think about it, even.
Speaker 4: If the speech sucked, they would say the same thing because like the whole clearly the strategies like shower him with compliments because he's had a real tough time because he's old and didn't want to admit it, and just just keep telling him he's the greatest and the head grandpa, the old.
Speaker 3: Man who saved democracy twice. You know.
Speaker 4: The one thing though that was happening though, was While he was speaking, there were a group of protesters from the Uncommitted movement who just I think it was from the I want to say the Minnesota delegation, but don't quote me on that, but many of the Uncommitted delegates just had did a silent protest with their backs turned. While he was speaking, Biden did speak about Gaza more in the sense was like the people.
Speaker 3: Out there protesting, they got a point.
Speaker 2: Innocent people are dying on both side sides, and.
Speaker 4: You're like, man, come on now, just actually even just try to fucking meet these people where they're at, you know what I mean, Like, try and understand what people who are so just mortified by the current genocide there. Just give something other than both just empty words. And that's what it felt like. And he's like, I'm working on a seasfire plan. And even then it's like what is it, Like, how does that compare to what people were asking for initially because the conditions of the seasfire are constantly changing, and it just there isn't much to sink your teeth into.
Speaker 1: There no arms embargo, which was what the Uncommitted movement was asking for.
Speaker 2: In the end of the Seaside yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly will that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 4: And again this is as you know, there's still really not a lot of coverage of like all the like sexual assaults that were happening to detained Palestinians and that one Israeli sort of military prison, and so yeah, I think overall for what the DNC night one had to be, if you're one of the the organizers, are like, it went great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like the everyone who is watching everything that happens on the main stage in my social media feed is already like so hard in the bag for Democrats that they're just like, you know, every like their review of everyone who gave a speech is like they you know, they made a strong case case for a future presidential run right there, even including Biden. I think, you know, you just give it four years to cool down come back to us. I think he gave us a strong made a strong case for a future Hillary Clinton. You know, the the energy was there. I think she made a strong case for a future presidential run.
Speaker 2: Oh okay everyone, Yeah, people.
Speaker 1: Are saying that about AOC, which yes.
Speaker 4: They said that about Jasmine Crockett too. I think the whole theme was like the bench is deep. The bench is deep, and yeah, there are people who are fantastic speakers and and all of that, but yeah, I think I mean for me, and I think most of the people listening to the show also are like, it's like when when it was the meaningful discussion about Gaza going to occur. I mean, there was a panel that happened during the DNC where people were speaking about human rights in Gaza, which you know, took a lot of pressure for that to happen. But again, it's like, it's such a such a stain on this party, especially because this is this is the administration that's in power, and this is something that just a just an insane number of Democrats are like, yeah, dude, stop, like knock this shit off. But to see them continue forth and sort of like insist as if there's nothing to.
Speaker 3: See here is also really disconcerting.
Speaker 4: But uh, this is precisely how I think the American government will, you know, run things when they're like, we need to cease fire, but I will keep arming them.
Speaker 3: How does that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Don't really examine the logic of those statements because they don't quite square with each other.
Speaker 3: But yeah, oh, and then I say, you're right that there.
Speaker 4: Steve Kerr also made Steve kerrman appearing Steve Kerr yep, yeah, coach coach Kerr gold Medalist, although I think I read somewhere they don't give medals to coaches.
Speaker 1: That makes sense and they don't deserve it. Fuck you, Steve Kerr.
Speaker 3: Now, but were you doing? Were you hitting all those fucking step.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a brilliant, brilliant job by him to be like, all right, steph, now make four of the most impossible threes we've ever seen with a seven foot eight guy in your face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the weirdest febo rim that sounds like it was made in a fucking toy store.
Speaker 2: Whatever things would hit the rim. I was like, is that rim? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: They did play the Bulls music before he came out, the like Bulls intro music. Chris was like, oh yeah, I always yeah. He's like, oh yeah, I always associate that song with Steve Kerr.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I always picture laser beams, Yeah, laser beams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a blacked out United Center and Steve Kerr coming out of the tunnel from the University of North Carolina Steve Kerr.
Speaker 3: To Guard number twenty three.
Speaker 2: I thought he did.
Speaker 3: He hit him with the we got to give Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Tell Donald Trump night night.
Speaker 1: When he did that, I was like, speaking of Trump, he has announced that this week he's going to be staging a rally in Howell, Michigan. Howe, which was recently the site of a Clan rally, has a long history with the clan. You know, in the seventies, Grand Dragon Robert Miles had a Howell mailing address and held meetings on a nearby farm. And yeah, recently, about a dozen white supremacist chanted Hale Hitler and carried signs reading white Lives Matter during a march through downtown. That that was last month. And people are like, huh, interesting time, interesting timing and location for Trump to roll out his new Are we sure she's from America like campaign? Yeah, it seems to be his new strategy. Yeah, we love Hitler, we love Trump from a highway overpass just outside Howe. So this both side. The Reuter's article is like, Biden Camp visited hal in twenty twenty one, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it as part of a large scale racist attack on.
Speaker 4: Right There's also the more stories too that like Trump's been like back channeling with like net and Yahoo and being like, hey, man, if you can put off a ceasefire.
Speaker 2: Deal, that's inevitable.
Speaker 1: I was like, that is happening, Like whether people know that's happening or not, like, that is definitely fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's one benefit benefits both of them to be like yeah, and then you'll be okay, that might work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so many you know who doesn't want one in the first place, and then Trump obviously would benefit from the timing. There is a long history of presidential campaigns back channeling with governments that are at war and being like, hey, just so you know, if I win, like you'll, well, we'll give you conditions favorable to your side and the cease fire. So that doesn't surprise me in the least bit. Horse trading with human lives, yep, very cool. Nixon did it with the end of the Vietnam War, like they thought LBJ, I think could have ended it, uh you know, seven years before it ended, and instead Nixon was like, they're actually not gonna end it. And when I win the election, it's going to be bad news for you guys. If you actually go through with this peace plan, right, Like, you know, tens of thousands of Americans and millions of Vietnamese people died as a result of just bullshit election horse trading.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean yeah, it just shows you that, like just how powerful the United States government is. That like, those are the kinds of things that are being like transacted too.
Speaker 2: It's like, what did I do this?
Speaker 3: And that means untold loss of life and unexploded munitions in places like Laos.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, And Miles, I did not know you were such a juice head.
Speaker 4: I know, bro, thank you for checking out my my fucking shoulders, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, traps are looking incredible.
Speaker 3: Man, Ignore the.
Speaker 4: Back knee, dude, and the fits of rage I go through. But yeah, I'm juicing, I'm on antabolic steroids, and I'm glad somebody notice.
Speaker 1: But I also didn't know you were such a beetlejuice fan.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah, oh yeah, big beetlejuice hit, big juice head there, big juice head on that one. Never mind the antabolic steroids comment. I don't know for me as a child of the eighties. Beetlejuice is like very special to me because I think Tim Burton's filmmaking style like felt sort of muppety cartoonish, like easy to sort of visually take in as a kid, even if I was looking at some weird, like kind of horrific monster shit. I had some of the toys that was like a weird graveyard thing that will like be like a magic trick where like you could put Beetlejuice in, but then when you open the tomb again, he will be gone.
Speaker 3: I was listening to Harry Belafonte on Loop you get It. I'm a fan Once. I'm at a friend's birthday party preschool.
Speaker 4: They had a fucking Beetlejuice performer there who looked so fucking janky.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, if you are a drug addict child's birthday party performer, you cannot pick a better character.
Speaker 4: Than Beetlejuice because the guy just looked like he looked like really sick, like.
Speaker 2: Because the makeup was all off with like just.
Speaker 4: Bad skin because again the bad makeup and vaguely like green hair.
Speaker 3: I told my mom I wanted to go. I wanted to because I was.
Speaker 4: Like this usurper cannot claim to be beetle Juice, and I will not have any part of it. So anyway, I'm really looking forward to like the new one coming out. Uh, And they're just like this interview came out recently with Michael Keaton and he said there were like two conditions that had to be met in order for him to do this Beetlejuice sequel.
Speaker 1: Those turnditions were beetlejuice and the second one was beetlejuice. Nice triasshole, you're not getting us to the third one.
Speaker 4: But the first one was like he didn't want like the studio like barge in and force just a bunch of Beetlejuice scenes into the story unnecessarily because in the original he's only on screen for about seventeen minutes total. Yeah, exactly. And so this is the quote from maybe to say quote. The idea was no, no, no, you can't load it up with beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: That'll kill it.
Speaker 4: I think the Beetlejuice character doesn't drive the story as much as he did in the first one. He's more part of the storyline in this one, as opposed to the first one, which is a case of this thing comes in and drives the movie a little bit. A lot of it is about this like relationship between Jenna Ortega and Wenona Ryder. The second was he wanted to have like a handmade feel to it, meaning like no unnecessary cgi.
Speaker 3: He's like, I've been on too many green screens. I don't want to fucking do it.
Speaker 4: Like we need to find like the magic of the early ones was like a lot of practical effects and they're like, yeah, great, And Tim Burton was also like I'm totally on board with that.
Speaker 3: So I just like.
Speaker 4: Seeing that kind of stuff and being like, oh, these people clearly like unders stand what the magic is of the sourcements of the original and are trying to really faithfully recreate that. So I'm like, yes, yes, there was.
Speaker 1: An early trailer that looked like absolute shit and I was like do they how did they make this?
Speaker 2: It looks terrible?
Speaker 1: But like since then, all the trailers have looked good, so I'm back on board.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch it either way. Like I just like it's I'm beatlegang you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Beatle ganged up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, yeah, it'll be interesting. I do really respect Michael Keaton's being like, I should I need less lines and I need to be like most actors are. Their notes resemble the Poucy episode of The Simpsons. They're like, and when Beetlejuice isn't on screen, people should be uh saying, where is Beetlejuice?
Speaker 3: Right? Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, it's and like especially in this era too, with like the egos of certain performers, like trying to reclaim their former glory, like you could ease like, but Michael eating strikes me a little bit different that they would be like, no, man, fucking It's got to be the backstory of beetlejuice, man, like when I was beetle fruit before I turned into juice. Damn, I'm saying, yeah, like what was beetlejuice like as a kid, you know?
Speaker 1: And how does that drive who Beetlejuice is today? Anyways, that movie's coming out soon. Alicia Silverstone went viral for seemingly eating poison fruit. It's the newest viral rage sleeping TikTok. They call it poisoning yourself and she posted a TikTok video of herself in England asking fans for information concerning a random berry like fruit that she had already taken a bite out of which was growing in a stranger's yard, and they were like, oh no, that's that's the Jerusalem cherry. Actually, poisonous can lead to symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, loucinas, and hard issues.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, fine, this is why this picked.
Speaker 4: This video is just wild to see her like admitting it in a self taped video that she's just eating random ship off people's front steps.
Speaker 5: Okay, I've discovered something that I can't figure out what it is and I need your help. I just bit into it because I was on the street and we were discussing whether this was a tomato.
Speaker 2: Or not or not.
Speaker 3: I just I just found this on the street and I bit into it.
Speaker 2: What are you.
Speaker 1: Doing full discussing if it was a tomato or not?
Speaker 3: Well, I dropped it. Here, take another bite. It's kind of peppery.
Speaker 1: And then the I dropped into some dog shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Perhaps worth noting that she is an anti vaxer, once suggested that tampon's cause infertility and veganism can reduce the risk of miscarriage, but totally cool with foraging for food in random people's yards.
Speaker 2: Also that that fucking it looked.
Speaker 1: Like it could not have looked more poisonous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, how many seeds are in that?
Speaker 4: Just when I see a lot of seeds, I'm like, I don't know if that's the I don't know if that's fruit.
Speaker 1: It's like a child just being like, you know what you do need?
Speaker 2: I mean, right, color.
Speaker 3: But we've talked about this.
Speaker 4: I feel like, especially in the context with people like her, where like you have the immense like genetic privilege of being like a healthy person, so like you sort of dismiss.
Speaker 3: Any kind of science. I'm not affected by this stuff here. I'm what's this random thing? I'm gonna bite it? I need a vaccine for you.
Speaker 1: I fly first class everywhere I go, and you know, so why do I need to get vaccinated?
Speaker 2: She also what logic?
Speaker 1: There's also like not that many edible fruit, Like we we know of all the edible fruits. It's not like you're out here just walking around being like, oh, shits a new one. We're pretty we've kind of done the work. I know about all the edible fruits, and I don't know what the fuck she thought She thought it was a cherry tomato at first, but after she bit into it and realized it had a peppery taste, maybe she should have spit it out and kept eating it while being like, I don't know what do you guys think it is?
Speaker 4: Or you're trying to settle a bet like mush it open eat it to verify if it's a tomato, Like, well, the only way is to bite into it and ingest it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She also, I remember, was a proponent when she had a newborn of baby birding, which is where you chew up your food and spit it into your kid's mouth, which it's been done in our household as a absolute like needed to get them to eat something and couldn't mash it up any other way. But yeah, I do that a lot of that thing. She was like, this is actually the way, the only way to feed your kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I mean it's funny because I remember the first time I bid into some shift to feed the baby, I thought of Alicia Silverstone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like that ship here we go at the corner.
Speaker 3: I'm no better.
Speaker 4: But for me, I was like, I'd have a knife and I'm like, yeah, cut up a piece of watermelons.
Speaker 2: I'm not, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: I took that big ass piece of watermelton.
Speaker 2: I kept the mid out of my mouth and just used my teeth like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do my gravity gravity is pulling the saliva away from the front of my mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah I did. I did do that and convince myself it was it was better that way.
Speaker 4: Like the version of like water falling or drink waterfall biting. Yeah, and it's not gross because it's my own kid.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Uh. Starbucks has a new CEO who is uh going to not move to Seattle. I think it's the Chipotle CEO. Maybe it's somebody who was like worked for another big famous name brand company got hired to take over Starbucks who was seeing like falling profit and so some things they're doing. They're introducing a new line of eco friendly cups, promising to give more than we take in an environmental pledge. And he is refusing to move to Seattle, but will be super commuting from southern California to Seattle on a daily basis on the private jet.
Speaker 2: So on a daily basis on a peage.
Speaker 1: Baby, I don't know if he If it's not daily, then I have some questions because CEOs love to be like whoa. Everybody needs to be in the office constantly. What are you talking about? I need you where I am in case I need something to rest my feet on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to spit my coffee. I need a face to spit my coffee onto. When I don't like it.
Speaker 1: When I read something surprising, Yeah, yes, but yeah. This is part of a larger trend to CEOs working from anywhere and super commuting when necessary, which I just love it. We love it, don't we, folks.
Speaker 2: But just the fucking internet.
Speaker 3: There, you've super computed and computed they're young anywhere you zoom.
Speaker 4: Also, I feel like, isn't it like against the law to be the CEO of Starbucks and not live in Seattle?
Speaker 2: Is that legal? As a parting man?
Speaker 3: Also, man Dick's driving? Is there bro the best fries? Stop fucking recordingay man?
Speaker 1: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, August twentieth.
Speaker 2: We are back.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow with the whole aast episode of the of the show Very fun one. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy.
Speaker 2: And we will talk to Yell tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bite Bite
Speaker 2: Eight