Speaker 1: I am a Yamla. I had a baby daddy relationship. I spent time in a relationship with a married man. I had to learn the skills and tools required to make my relationships healthy, fulfilling and loving. Welcome to the R Spot, a production of Shondaland Audio in partnership with iHeartRadio. Welcome back to the R Spot. I am a Yamla. Today we're talking about something I don't think many people talk about, and that is our relationship with the world and how it impacts our relationship with ourselves. Because if what you hear in the world is war and against us and hatred, and you've got opinions, and you've got preferences. You know, are you for abortion and not for abortion? Are you for this candidate or not that candidate? And in the mere fact that most people don't even feel safe to talk about what they're thinking and feeling about their elected officials, says that you know, there's something going on that we don't feel safe, that we don't want to be attacked, that we don't want, you know, whack of doodles knocking on our door or threatening us. You know, there is so much going on in the world. I don't care where you look. I don't care where you live, I don't care who you are. There is a lot going on, and a lot of it doesn't look good, a lot of it doesn't feel good. There is so much coming at us that unless you're just watching reruns of The Golden Girls, you're gonna get hit with some of this stuff. No matter where you go, whether you watch the news or read the newspapers, people are talking about all of the wahalla and the conflamerytion that is going on in the world today, between the violence and the wars and the I want to say againstness, the political discord, health issues, money issues. I mean, is the economy doing better or is it not? Can you even tell? Because I thought everything was fine and then I found out it wasn't. Because that's what's coming at me. So our relationship with the world really impacts our relationship with everything. Are you afraid to go out because you might get carjacked or mugged? Are you making a choice between buying a dozen of eggs or paying the light bill? Where are you? Where are you in the world? Where are you with people? And more importantly, where are you with yourself? As you hear or experience everything that's going on. For me, the first thing I look at is energy. So the energy of the world today, I mean the franticness, the chaos. We just had two major major disasters, if you will, in the world, from the bridge collapsing in Baltimore, and then we just had a major upset with the distribution of resources and GOSM people dying trying to get food, and oh my goodness, it's just a lot. It's a lot going on. If you're not careful, you not only will get wrinkled, you'll get gray hair. And I'm not fond of either one of them. But the question still becomes, how do you manage yourself? How do you handle yourself? How do you navigate your life with all of the things that are floating around in the universe, And I say all of the time. Although we think we're separate, what's going on over in Ukraine today, we're going to breathe that into our bodies in our lives tomorrow, because there only is one and everything is circulating. Everything is circulating. So I just wanted to talk today about how we navigate the energies, vibrations, frequencies, activities of the world in our relationship with ourselfs. I mean, are you living in fear? Are you an upset? Are you being more gentle with yourself, kinder with yourself? Are you spending more time doing for other people, trying to contribute to some good in the world, and thereby neglecting yourself. It's a mess, but it's not a mess that we are not equipped to handle. Your relationship with the world. What is it, how is it and how does it impact your relationship with yourself? That is what we are going to be talking about today. I've got some guests who are coming forward, and let's see if we can nibble on this thing, if we can break it down into bite sized pieces and come up with a little special sauce that we can pour on ourselves and on our lives to get through these chaotic times. Here's my first guest. Greetings, be loved, and welcome to the R Spot. We are talking today about your relationship with the world and how it impacts your relationship with yourself. So how are you doing with all of the conflomeration that's going on around us? Uh?
Speaker 2: Not creat not great. First, I want to just say this, I love you so much. And I have followed you for years and I appreciate you. Thank you for everything that you do for people like me and this world.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate you. I thought I saw you following me in my rear view mirror the other day. I was wondering, who is that? But you know what, I thank you for noticing, because there are so many people who don't. They're just flailing around out here and really not knowing where the lifelines are. I'm not the only one, there are many, but most people don't even notice. So tell me how you're doing in your relationship in the world and your relationship with yourself. How you doing well.
Speaker 2: I'm coping, but not great. I feel like I live in a state of fear of having a home invasion or I know it sounds crazy, I just of having a home invasion or somebody kidnapping me. I've never felt like that. This pretty much started. I'm not going to mention names, but back when a previous president got elected, and to me, the world seemed to have gone crazy after that. There was a lot of hate and I just can't get it out of my energy, and I don't want to attract a situation to me that the similar to how I'm feeling, so I try to get out of this state of mind. I had an alarm put in our home a couple of days ago. I have four dogs, we have cameras. We have cameras on our house. My boyfriend thinks I'm insane. He lives on the other end of the stick where he thinks that nothing is ever going to happen. You know that I'm being paranoid, but I just I seem to not be able to get it out of my head. We have a second home that I love to go visit and stay at. It's in the country, and I don't even go anymore because I'm afraid to be there by myself. I've never had anything happen there. But in my mind, I say, well, what if somebody just drives by and sees me working in the yard and notices my schedule, and oh this attractive. You know a woman is by herself there all the time. Maybe I'll go back and do a home invasion. And this is how crazy my mind goes, and it just seems like it's getting worse. And then the stuff happened with Ukraine, all that craziness, and then Israel and I try not to watch that stuff. I'm not a big news watcher. In fact, I know ever watch it, but you couldn't help see what was going on and what had happened, all those poor people on both sides, and people being murdered and killed and women being getting rapist. This stuff sticks in my mind and I can't seem to get it out. I feel like I'm becoming not a recluse, but I'm not living freely like I used to. And I just want to go back to feeling safe again. I just want to go back to feeling safe again, and I just don't know how.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, there's a lot going on. Do you know what a m path is?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been told I am an I'm passed.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's what's happening to you. You are absolutely picking up the energy because and while as human beings, you know, we have a heart for other human beings, you know, when something tragic happens, will send me money or will go to help, We'll send clothes, will do what we can. And that's just the normal compassion that we have as human beings. But to feel it the way you feel it, and I think in your case, in most people's case, they have a thought that gives rise to a feeling. What I'm hearing in your sharing is that you have a feeling that then gives rise to a thought. Yeah, so you feel the energy and then you'll think of what it is or you'll put a meaning to it. And that's all moving from the intellect and from your perception of what's going on. I want to offer an opportunity for you to flip it, to see it from a broader perspective, so that you can reframe it. I think, out of everything that you share, the statement, really, I wrote it down and I'm circling it. Afraid to be by myself. You are never by yourself. Never. Yep, you're never alone. Do you know that?
Speaker 2: I know I should know that, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You should know it. But do you know it? I mean, do you really really know it?
Speaker 2: No? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good. So let's approach it then from the intellectual perspective. If you had to take a wild guess, why do you think all of this stuff is going on in the world?
Speaker 2: I for me, I don't know. I just feel like there's no there's so much separation in the world from love, from what's important to us, from God, from the universe. I just feel like we've all gotten away from what really matters, and there's just so much hate.
Speaker 1: So there's a premise that I always teach my students and one that I work with all the time, and it's this, at all times, in all situations, under all circumstances, there is no one in the room but you and God, nobody. So when you look out at the world, it's you. It's you. It may be your mind, it may be your heart, it may be your thoughts, your beliefs. So how does all of this upset, confusion, hatred against nus? Where is that in you?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I think it's also part to do has to do with the relationship I've been in for years too, feeling unsafe, not not physical, no physical violence, but I feel like because I've been unhappy there for many years, that it's projecting into that as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that? How about that? And how about the things that you see in the world. You talked about separation, you talked about against this, you talked about hatred. What about the fact that you are against what you're seeing? Yes, you are not liking, maybe not hating what you're seeing. What about you think that you're separate from what you're seeing. So the very thing that you're projecting out onto the world, you're doing yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: You know you have little Ukrainian thoughts in your brain that are fighting for freedom. I just said it. I feel unsafe and the unhappy in my relationship. Maybe that's your Ukraine in Russia.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sure when you look out or you hear things, people did this, they did that. You know. Yes, the children are hungry, the women are being raped, the you know this, this party is not taking into consideration the welfare of others. Well, you're doing the same thing. Yeah, there is no separation. So one of the ways that you can begin to dissipate the energy because you said it sticks in my mind and I feel it. I want you to consider I feel this energy and then it gets stuck in my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, so what I would encourage you to do is push past those boundaries. And when you feel something, instead of judging it or giving it a name or calling it anything, you bless it. You just say, well, I bless the situation. You know, I don't know anybody in Ukraine, not one living soul. I'm a little black lady from Brooklyn. I don't know nobody in Ukraine or Russia, you know. But I bless them every morning. I bless them every morning because I have the power, just like you, to change the conditions of my life. So when I wake up in the morning, I bless Ukraine. I bless the women first, and I bless the children. Then I bless the grandmothers. I bless the people in Israel. Yes, I bless the people in Gaza. Yes, even bless the form of president because for me, he's very, very purposeful. To me, he's showing us who we are at the lowest common denominator. And I look at that and I say, Okay, have I done that? Where am I doing that? How do I do that? And if I'm not, I just say thank you God that I've healed myself. And if I am, I get busy adjusting it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: If I'm bullying whatever I see and I think it's about them, I say, okay, where is that in me? I surrender it and call it something else. We're going through a massive, massive cleaning. The universe is cleaning itself, and Mother Earth is rebelling, you know, She's like, I'm tired of you people peeling all my trees and tearing up out. Okay, but as an impath, you may need need to go a little deeper. We'll talk about that when we come back. Welcome back to the r spot. Let's pick up where we left off. So there's a couple of things. I don't know how deep you want to go. You want the red pill or you want the blue pill. The red pill.
Speaker 2: So deep?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you got to clean up that stuff in your relationship, yes, ma'am. If you're feeling emotionally unsafe, because you said it's not physical, so it must be emotionally. So if you're having, for example, this is just an example, you're having all of this reaction to everything that's going on, and you're being told you're paranoid, then you may not feel safe to express what you truly feel. Right. Does that sound accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: So you've got to clean that up first of all. Okay, you got to clean that up.
Speaker 2: I could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you're in a relationship, why are you afraid to be by yourself? Right? And if you understand that we are all children of the most time, you have to know you're never ever alone. Many many years ago I read a book called Hiring the Heavens, and it talks about how we can call on higher forces, higher energies called angels to do whatever we need done. I want to encourage you to hire a couple of angels to protect you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's as simple as calling them in. Call them in, you know. And the greatest protector is Mickayel or arch angel Michael. But then you have Gabrielle, you have zach Kiel, you have Metatron. You have so many universal forces that you can call on. So even when you feel I can't go out in the yard too because somebody might see me. How about Michael, Archangel Michael, let's go out in the yard. And that way you're pushing past the mental construct. Okay, but you also get to call in light energy and protection, you know. And it all depends on your belief system, your faith system. Yes, but I.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I got away from it. Unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Well that's because you don't feel safe m hm, and and that you have to address. So in your case, we were looking at how does the world impact your relationship with yourself and your life. But it sounds like you're relationship with yourself and your life is impacting how you interface with the world. Yes, yes, unhappiness. You get to change it, Yes, you do. You have what you need to change the condition of your life. It may be how you look at it and maybe how you speak to it or don't speak to it, but you have the power to change whatever it is.
Speaker 2: I gotta get my lady balls.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, get your lady balls, dust them off.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and put it.
Speaker 1: To use, because I really do think that you're empathic. It's the way that you are describing what's happening. Yes, it sounds like you are an EmPATH. There's a wonderful book by doctor Judith Alloff O r LFF okay about how to manage energy around you when you are an EmPATH. She's gonna tell you what oils to use. She's gonna tell you how to clear yourself with crystals. She's gonna tell you how to drop a protective shield around you.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: And the simplest thing, like I said, is call on the universal forces. Hire some angels to be with you. Every time you have the thought, every time you have the feeling, Okay, every single time, until it sticks and you feel it, and consider that as long as you're feeling unsafe, unprotected, unacknowledged, unhappy in your personal relationship, you're gonna project that out into the world because there's nobody in the room but you and God. So it's all you, it's all me. I'm just talking to another aspect of myself right now, because there's an aspect of me that looks out into the world and her hair is on fire. She's running around with her draws down, screaming and hollering, Oh my god, the foodstock the full stop coming. They're gonna eat me, They're gonna kill me. But then there's then there's me, there's me iyamla. And I have dominion. I have dominion over my mind. So what do I have to do? Do I need to close my eyes and visualize white light?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: Do I need to get a piece of roast quartz and and cover hold it until and give it all my negative energy? Do I need to call on the angels? Do I need to call on my grandmother? Because my grandmother was a formidable woman, she's not gonna let nobody bother me. What do I need to do in this moment when it gets you know, overwhelm me. Okay, But then again, if you if you reframe what's going on. So I look out every day and I'm like, wow, we are really cleaning. Change is coming and it's coming quick. Let me be ready. Let me have some water, Let me have some beans, some rice, Let me keep my landline and don't depend on the cell phone. Let me be ready. I mean, gots get some candles and some oh flashlights, because I don't know how the change is coming. But I'm gonna be ready and I'm gonna have toilet paper and paper towels when it gets here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, Okay, I can do those things.
Speaker 1: I can, and more than doing my love, I want you to be I want you to be at peace, knowing you are safe, knowing that you're gonna have what you need when you need it. You're gonna be where you need to be when you need to be there to know those things and be those things, and everything that comes up in the world just bless it. I don't know why this war is going on in Ukraine, and I know that I'm breathing today the air of fear and disaster and distress and anxiety that they breathed yesterday. It's over here today. So I'm gonna bless it. I'm gonna bless myself. I don't know. I'm not taking sides in Israel, Gaza, Palestine, but I'm gonna bless the babies. I'm gonna bless the children. Yes last week, I went out in my yard. It was freezing and I filled up all my bird feeders. I have bird feeders all over my yard, and as I was filling them up, I said, this is for the children in Israel, this is for the children in Gaza, this is for them. And I filled those feeders and I could visualize in my mind the children getting food, children not being afraid, and I'm here feeding the birds. But it's about the thought and the intention. I can't go to gods, I can't go to Israel and feed the babies, but I can feed the birds here with the intention that those babies will get what they need. That's how you reframe it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh that really got me right in the heart. Yeah, yeah, thank you so much. Young You're wonderful, welcome, have a blessing, thank you, love you back.
Speaker 1: Each of us is going to receive and experience whatever's going on in our environment in a very personal and profound way. And there are those people who are quite sensitive to energy. They can feel it, they can sense it, and whether it's the energy in the world or the energy of the people in your office or just your children, these people are empathic. They are clear, satient, they feel so in the time like this that we're going through, I can imagine that there are many of you out there who are just your hair's on fire because you feel everything, and those feelings then become thoughts that you personalize and make it about you, because when you don't understand how to deal with the energy, the empathic energy that you experience, you'll take it on and make it your own. Okay, So for all of you. Really, I'm not an EmPATH. I'm not, but I do. My grandson is. So I've learned a lot, and I've talked to doctor Judith or Love about how to support him. And he's only six, and he will tell you, I know what people are feeling in their heart because that's what empaths do. So if you are feeling everything, in the world and taking it on as your own worrying. Like my college said about home invasions the way Ukraine was invaded, or about being violated in some way. While you're in the garden or the supermarket or the gas station, you might be empathic, so you might be picking up the energy because there's a lot going on. Take care of yourself. Simply call in a universal healing angelic energy. Bless everything, Bless everything. I don't know what this means. I don't know what it's for, but I know there's a higher purpose that I cannot see. So I bless it. I bless my opponents. I bless my adversaries. I bless those who I would consider enemies. And I ask to have that energy transmuted, elevated, so that it's a blessing for us all our relationship with the world and how it impacts our relationship with ourselves. If nothing else, what's going on in the world is going to teach you something about who you are, what you believe, and how you do what you do. Let's see what my next caller has to say. Welcome, beloved, Welcome to the our spot. We are talking today about our relationship in the world, with the world, with all that's going on in the world, and how it impacts our relationship with ourselves. How's your relationship today? Wow?
Speaker 3: Yes, hi, ma'am. First of all, I would like to say good afternoon, and my relationship really is frustrating with the world to say the least concerning, but also frustrating within myself really to see what can I do to be of service to the world and how it is today? That's mainly it.
Speaker 1: So what can you do?
Speaker 3: What I can do every day, which what I try to instill in myself and my children is be a service anywhere I can, because I feel like that's just missing in our society, being of service for others. We have become so self entitled, from the top person on down to the gender. It doesn't matter, because together we make a hole. So that's why I look, like I say, out into the world with frustration, But I mainly really look at what every day, in the slightest way, without a title, without recognition, what can I do every single day as I step outside, as I interact with people, to make a difference, Because that's where it boils down to, regardless of all social media, regardless of what can be seen. We're missing doing the basic work every day amongst each other, and it's over it's overviewing, it's spilling over Delusion has mastered people's mindset this point. So that is utterly frustrating because it's like when you try to speak, even in your everyday life or try to show action, is still overlooked and what can you do because you can only control what you can control. So it's like knowing that living in this world can be utterly frustrating because we have people we don't know of in a lot of controls. And it's right, it's just it's your technic. So just looking where we can start every day, I just look at the basics. We've forgotten the basics being kind, respecting each other, and that concerns with we'll talk about that right after the break.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the R spot. Let's get back to the conversation. I think you've got it though you said it, Yeah, to do what you can without title, without recognition, be kind, be compassionate, you know again, because I think because of social media, everybody wants to be noticed and acknowledged for you know, what they do, and they want friends and likes. But look at Mother Teresa. Look at Mother Teresa. You know, I won't even say Jesus, that's too high for so many people. But Mother Teresa, who really gave her life over, who walked among the lepers and the ill and the poor and just gave them love, gave them love. One thing that we can do that doesn't cost us anything. I bless everything, exactly, I bless everything. I was really praying one day for light to come on in our leader's mind and the political leaders and the House and the Senate. And that day two people retired or they quit. I said, oh wow, maybe I need to change that brainer. I would rather have them stay and bring the light or than take the light and go.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if my prayer had anything to do with it, but I'm just saying, that's what we can do. One of the things I do all the time I feed the birds. I feed the birds because birds carry the message everywhere. The other thing I do is I have a charity that I give to I have several, you know, and it's not a lot of money. If I can do twenty five fifty dollars a month to the school on the Lakota Reservation in South Dakota. I give to Saint Jude's Hospital. I can give where I can. That's what we can do. Give where you can. What I would say is when you feel frustrated or when you feel concerned, turn it over. Say you know, Holy Spirit, I don't understand this. I wish it was different. It's not tell me what can I do, and it may not be that you can do anything for that. I've been asking looking for the past two weeks. Who is collecting food and money for Haiti. I can't find it. I know the Red Cross does, but I'm not sure it gets there directly. So I'm looking for grassroots organizations. Who is taking care of the babies in Haiti. That's what I want to do. I got clothes, I got clothes. I got a few dollars I can send, but mostly clothes. You know, I got seven grandkids that are outgrowing everything. I want to send that to Haiti and I'm going to get it there. That's what I can do. So one of the ways that we can improve our relationship with ourselves in response to what's going on in the world is find what you can do and do it without a title or without the need for reward or recognition.
Speaker 3: You are on it, yes, ma'am, Thank you so much, thank.
Speaker 1: You, thank you. How many babies you got?
Speaker 3: I have three, ma'am, a three year old, a two year old and a nine month old.
Speaker 1: Whoa, you are on it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm on it. I'm on top of it all. Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: So oh my god, we'll bless the babies. You take good care of yourself and take good care of them. Okay, you as well, ma'am. Have a great one, all right, okay, bye bye. I love it. A mama with three babies and still giving and doing in the world. That's she got a three year old or two year old and a nine month old. But you know, that's how you have them, so that when they're gone, they're all gone. You don't want one lingering back, dragging you back into diapers and bottles. Oh my gosh. Do what you can without the need for reward or recognition. If you can give to a charitable cause, if you can work the food line, do that so you have that good feeling and know that your contribution you're giving from the heart with love, no matter how little or how much you think it is it is helpful. You donating to the local food pantry in your community may not end the war in Gaza, but you are feeding people and it all matters in our relationship with the world. Just as my last caller said, do what you can where you can, with what you have, and know that it will have an impact. I hope that you know something now that you didn't know. When you're tuned in, and until we meet again, stay in peace and not pieces. I'll see you next time. Bye.
Speaker 2: A favorite.
Speaker 1: The R Spot is a production of Shondaland Audio in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from Shondaland Audio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.