Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I am Kate Hudson and my name is Oliver Hudson. We wanted to do something that highlighted our.
Speaker 1: Relationship and what it's like to be siblings. We are a sibling Railvalry.
Speaker 3: No, no, sibling, you don't do that with your mouth, revelry.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: It's Oliver Hudson here on the podcast Sibling Rail already, and i'd like to introduce my guests today, Oliver Hudson. Hey, Oliver, how are you. I'm good. Thanks for having me on. Yeah, no, of course. I'm really interested in your sort of career and growing up with your family and uh yeah, no, we can we can talk about that. Okay, great, I thought you were gonna shy away from that. Noah, no, no, I love my family. I respect my family. Yeah, go ahead, shoot, okay, I'll start with the first question. What does it feel like to be the least successful family member? Wow? So you're just gonna go right there. Well, yeah, I mean you talk about it, you know, in the press lot. No, I know. Well, uh, it's just is what it is, you know what. I don't want to do this podcast anymore. I don't really feel like talking to you. Oliver. Okay, that's fine, that's your progative. That was a little therapy session between me and myself. Let's bring on our guests, Christina and Carissa Shannan.
Speaker 2: Yeah so this is Christina. I'm Carissa.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. There's no fucking world where anyone's gonna be able to decipher.
Speaker 4: We don't even have makeup on either're usually we have makeup on. We look like freaking clone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I have a little beauty marks.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it. That's it, that's it. That's the only thing that differentiates you. Wow. Well thanks for coming on. Where are you guys? Where are you living?
Speaker 2: We're in ann Arbor, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Yeah, no escape.
Speaker 2: We escaped la as much as we could.
Speaker 1: No, I bet. I mean you had a bit of a whirlwind here, didn't you. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, for sure.
Speaker 1: Let's start. Let's start early on. Like where did you guys grow up?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we were born here in ann Arbor?
Speaker 4: Okay, Like our family had a farm in here in Howell, Michigan and stuff, and our dad was nineteen our mom was sixteen wow when they Yeah. Yeah, so our dad's mom or Italian grandmother adopted us from birth so she raised us. We didn't even know she wasn't our mom till we were twelve. We thought she was our mom. Yeah, and then so but when we were younger, they sold the farm, we moved to Florida, raised in Florida months So uh huh, you.
Speaker 1: Were wait hold on, you were You were moved to Florida with your grandmother.
Speaker 2: She sold the farm and howell in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yep. And then what and your and your mom and your dad they just disappear.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they were just like a high school sweethearts. I think so.
Speaker 4: Our biological logical mom left us in our car seats at the end of a driveway like at our farm and howel we had a long driveway, long like twisted drive She left us in our car seats at the end of the driveway. So when my dad came home, he was like nineteen from his job at the time, job at the time, he sell us at the end of the driveway and brought us, like from our car seats back to his mother, our grandma, And she's like, I'll adopt them all ready.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'll raise them, I'll take care of them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, Wait, so you're when your mom left you at the end of the driveway. Did she bail that? She was like, I'm leaving this, I'm out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the crazy thing was is we were three months premature, so both of our lungs were fully developed, and so we weren't breathing like when we were born. So we were like, well it was the eighties, so like they were going to like concerts. It was eighty nine, so like there were concerts, and she was our biological mom was still drinking and doing other stuff. So and we were three months premature because of that. When we were born, we were unek you for three months, so uh wow, three months where they didn't have no one came and visited or anything like that. But when we got out of the hospital, that's when our biological mom left us at the end of the driveway. And our no no, we call her our an Italian means grandma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I no, I know.
Speaker 4: She raised us and she was like, oh my god, these platinum montames.
Speaker 2: Oh there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay wow, And then you know your dad and then your your dad was nineteen and was like I can't do this.
Speaker 4: Like he was never really ready to be a father. So like if we could fast forward to now. Yeah, he's like a friend, well not even a friend, not even a friend like growing up.
Speaker 2: Growing up, he was a friend like the.
Speaker 4: Friendship kind of relationship, like he would smoke us or with us. We went ten years, like almost eight nine years without talking to him, and then he we said, okay. He called us from jail and was like, I'm so sorry for everything I've done. Like you guys growing up, I wasn't there all that stuff. And then he was like, I promise I'll do therapy. Because our thing was is like if you do therapy or like, so you've changed or evolved because they're not the same guy, you know. So it's like, oh, I'll go to a Catholic priest and I'll do therapy.
Speaker 2: So it's true.
Speaker 4: He got out of jails on probation currently and just same shit shows.
Speaker 2: So we're basically all of our lives we've had as each other.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean did not raise you well you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Yes, she did, she did. She We're so blessed to have her.
Speaker 4: And that's why, like when Playboy came along, that was our way to give back to her in our way because we didn't like, you know, graduate or go to college.
Speaker 2: Or anything like that.
Speaker 4: So like when we hit Playboy, that was like hitting the lottery for us because we had to drop out of school to work at fifteen, and because we had to make our own money. We come from a small, poor Italian family. They're from a bootsy Italy. So yeah, it was just her, like her our grandfather that she was married to had passed away from throat and lung cancer, so she was left and done. So she was just it was just her. Yeah, and then so we basically had to like we kind of like stepped in and started taking care of things. But with us being twins, it's always been this gimmick since we were born, since we were born, it's like this pimmic where it's like the twin commercial thing or they want to they just want to cast us for basically everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we were very all.
Speaker 4: American, like the blonde hair, blue eyes, and we're the tall and we're twins, so it was like the doublement like back in our day, it was like the Doublemint twins we were, or the Ulsen twins we were compared to.
Speaker 2: Right, it was working for us.
Speaker 1: What did you but what did you you at fifteen for work when you were trying to sort of support yourselves, you know.
Speaker 4: So we we got like odd jobs here and there until we started working at this place. So it's kind of like Hooters, but the same outfit. It's called wing House. Okay, so Hooters, like it's wings the dolphin short right in the tights in Florida. We used to like stuff our bras with like socks to make bras a bunch of socks in the bras because we always wanted to look like the older girls.
Speaker 2: Who have boobs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so I remember because as hope, we couldn't serve alcohol.
Speaker 2: Two were eighteen. So like fifteen, postesses is.
Speaker 4: Opening the door together and doing like billboards, commercials, menus like I've started modeling men at fifteen, and then we realized like modeling and then modeling was like our first thing, and then commercials. It's like, okay, we have an in here. This is our nick like blagger niche, like what we need to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So then how did you sort of move fifteen supporting yourselves, you know, doing a host gig, get sort of a Hooters vibe? Right, and then how did it evolve from there.
Speaker 4: The girls at the wing House were actually doing like calendar testing well, so there was a whole calendar that we sold at that restaurant, and so that was the first centerfold we ever did. But the girls were also testing for Playboy that were there, So they were all testing to become a playmate, because all we knew was that you get twenty five thousand dollars twenty dollars to become a playmate, and a Playboy place is fifty for us, so we get our.
Speaker 2: Own, right fifty.
Speaker 4: And then if you become Pemoy Playmate of the Year, then you get a car as well.
Speaker 2: And like all these promises, like promotions.
Speaker 1: And they've come, they came into your town to look to find I mean, oh no, no, no.
Speaker 4: So we were actually fans of the Girl's next Door show on Got It.
Speaker 2: We were like.
Speaker 1: Them, how old were how old were you at this time?
Speaker 2: Fifteen? Yeah, fifteen, fifteen sixteen?
Speaker 4: From fifteen to eighteen, we were like love the Girls next Door?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: We would just.
Speaker 4: Watch them, and like the crazy thing is is we really didn't even know who who Happener really was. We really didn't know it was we were really fans of the girls. We really were in just like the house and the whole like the portrayed lifestyle. Yeah, and so like we decided like after doing like commercials and billboards and menus and all that were like that photographer they used, were like, hey, do test shoot for us to send him the Playboy because he's doing it to a bunch of other girls, and did it for us. We over and I died it and we actually got a call back like two days later, not even and it was like, hey, we're gonna send you guys up for a test shoot in Miami.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you on the story shot to Miami. I gotta say the crazy thing.
Speaker 4: The only way we were able to pay for this test shoot is because Chrisa got hit by a drunk driver when she was sixteen. The only money we got we paid for the Playboy shoot, like the test shoot to get in and we.
Speaker 2: Actually caught in.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: Wow, we were seventeen when we submitted the photos to Playboy. Yeah, so we birobiological dad had to come down and sign a paperwork and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Really didn't care, like you know, he he was a.
Speaker 2: Boy, like we said. He wasn't a father, he was more of a friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got it, got it, got it? So he he guardianship. He consented that it was everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you did the photo shoot you sent it in. What was that like? Going to Miami was like, oh my god, I mean it must have been.
Speaker 2: We were for twenty one and we have heard all about Miami. I mean we never had been to Miami and we lived in Florida. We've never been to Disney.
Speaker 1: Well, stepping back really quickly, were you guys, what was it like growing up? And were you guys wild girls or were you were you pretty chill or like you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: My Okay, So grandmother always used to say we were more powerful together, so they used to try and separate us, like growing up we were like but it was wild together, so much energy, like bouncing off the.
Speaker 2: Walls like AKHD.
Speaker 4: So we're naturally hyper yeah, super hyper. Yeah, and you can't find it out, like we're not boring at all, Like we were bouncing up the walls and some people could call s obnoxious. Honestly, we've been called obnoxious. We're exhausting. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We always do what from a young age.
Speaker 4: My no not used to say like, you guys are going to be models, Like I could see your name and what was.
Speaker 2: It like story Light and you know it was Oh.
Speaker 4: She always kind of pushed us like, oh, you guys can be models and stuff. And we always thought Victoria's Secret Models. We always looked up to the Victoria's Secret Girl.
Speaker 2: Tall enough, yeah, very petite.
Speaker 1: So we were like, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Winghouse Playboy happened to be the like the thing that you would just like do a touch you for. It was kind of like easy to submit, kind of it's easier to get into.
Speaker 1: So then you go to Miami and it's fun. I mean you're like, holy shit, here we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, we were shocked that they even like could they so we sent our test shoot photos. In the fact that we even got booked to do a Miami shoot for us was like, oh my gosh, they're flying us out to Miami for some huge shooting. It was actually the first time like we've ever had professional hair and makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, makeup.
Speaker 4: We've never done a makeup, Like we don't have a young mom or no. No, raisis so like she's not doing makeup or likes in our family, so like it's a whole different glam type for us, our hair and makeup done. And actually saw the test shot photos, we're like, oh my gosh, we are pretty. We didn't even think, like like when you go into a photo shooting, you know, they take the pictures you can see on the big monitor like your photo, and you're like, holy, yeah, my god, we are pretty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you do everything together or did you everything do separate? Did you do singles as well together together?
Speaker 2: So everything was always together?
Speaker 1: But okay, so the test shoot went down, it went well, and then how does it progress?
Speaker 4: So we go to Miami, we do this test shoot and then ask way through, like halfway through at lunchtime, like we take a break and they're like, we're sending these pictures to Hef and Holly Madison and they're saying like they love the photos and you guys, we don't want to say anything, permit, but basically they're saying, you made it like getting us, like, let you know, we got you guys got the job. Like we were like, oh we got bye by bla blame me, Like, oh my goodness. So and then Yarmo was our photographer at the time, and he had shot a lot of Really it was like a very big like it was really successful for our test shoot. But then we had to go back to like the normalcy of like working at the wing house and telling everyone about the test shoot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we go back to work all of our customers.
Speaker 4: I swear, we're like because we used to work these these sections, like the twins, like the Doublemint Twins and Olsen's is all we had to.
Speaker 2: Like grow up on to like look forward to. And we're like stuffing our boobs and like, oh, you guys can't make it. You don't have fake boobs, you're not old enough, blah blah blah. And it's like we actually made it in we're like very playboy. Yeah. So wow, boy, it was like a huge life changing. It was just a call.
Speaker 4: So we got a call and I think we were actually at work. We were working like a double shifts. We were working double shifts. It was two thousand and eight and it was like the recession, so like girls from the waitresses were not going home with any money, like, so we were working doubles and I remember we got a call and it was like you guys, we want you to come out to California and shoot for a fifty fifth anniversary and shoot for which was stret filling my reality show show. So it's like, yeah, on top of like you're shooting a centerfold, you're also shooting reality TV, which at the time for us in two thousand and eight, the only thing on reality TV for E Network was The Real World and then The Kardashians. I was like that that was always all that was on E Like reality TV was just coming up for us. So I feel like reality Stars when we came into it started getting treated like actors, Like we were treated like actors.
Speaker 2: It was like it was crazy.
Speaker 1: So then you go, but you go to LA and then are you now going back to Florida? Are you like permanently moved to La.
Speaker 4: So when we moved into the place, so we moved it into the Playboy Mansion after so like after test shoot, yeah, So after the test shoot, what we went home? So no, we went to shoot fifty fifth anniversary. Yeah, So after the test shoot in Miami, they were like, do you want to come out? Invited us out to stay at the Playmate House or the mansion fifty fifth anniversary, Like this whole segment they were doing on the fifty fifth anniversary Playmate. So on shooting, even though we knew we were already going to be playmates, they act like we was still like fifty fifth anniversary search. So there was like a ton of girls and we had to go out and compete. We actually we didn't know, but we all so yeah, So we went out and we went to the Playboy Mansion for the first time, and half was showing us like so much favoritism. So at the mansion.
Speaker 2: Have you been to the Playboy Mansion?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been in many parties. I've been to a Halloween party and Midsummer's Night. I've been to the New Year's but I've been yeah back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So like like the Friday, Saturday Sundays is like movie nights and dinner nights and friends nights. And so there was this one big party. It was the Midsummer's Night Dream Party. That was like our last night there. And then we Yeah, so we went to the mansion. We went to shoot first show, do the fifty fifth anniversary show, and then we also shot our centerfold.
Speaker 2: So we had done every all our work.
Speaker 4: We had done all our work and then there was just the party, Midsummer Night Dream Party that was last like right before we were getting ready to fly back home, and like we were supposed to fly back actually home before that party, but Half fastest to stay. It was like stay for this party. You guys will love it. Mind you were only eighteen, not twenty one. So and all the girls were being mean to us because they're all in their mid twenties at least, with like fake boob jobs. We don't even know how, Like I don't even own eyeliner, Like.
Speaker 1: We don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 2: We're trying to sleep up, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we really were.
Speaker 4: Just ourselves on the Girl's next Door show, and you know, Half really showed favoritism towards us, and the other girls got jealous, and well, thank god.
Speaker 2: We have each other.
Speaker 4: The problem was when we got there, we didn't realize that Holly Bridgett and Kendra had already been in a contract with the Girls next Door, so they were finishing up their contracts even though they were broken up with Half, so like five seasons there, they had already been broken up with Half, so they were just finishing up the contract for Girls next Door.
Speaker 2: So you know, Kendra had already been a.
Speaker 4: Relationship with Basket, she was already like pregnant, might have been pregnant. And Holly was already in a relationship with pers Angel Bridges.
Speaker 2: Are you doing sexiest? Speech? Speech is like they all had something going on.
Speaker 4: They were all leaving and so timing was perfect when we had came in to instantly just.
Speaker 2: Turned it into TV as soon as we moved in.
Speaker 1: Y but what is it? But but what does it even mean? To date? Hef? I mean, what does that even mean? You know, because the typical word of when you're dating someone, you're you're hanging out with them, you're courting them, you're sleeping together, you're enjoying each other's company, you're laughing, you're this. I mean, you're dating someone you know, and dating someone implies that you can date other people you're not exclusive. Is dating? But when you're like, oh half wants to date you, I don't know how it goes down. You're like, okay, cool, Like what does that mean?
Speaker 4: So after the midsight the Midsummers Dream Party, when we were shooting at the Playboy Mansion, we went home. We flew home, told Nona all about it and everything like that, and then all of a sudden, like a week and a half later, we get a letter with like the the Playboy stamp sted calling first. Yeah, so he first started calling. He started calling us when we went home, and he was like calling because he only happen he had both of our numbers, and he just kept blowing us up, leaving voicemails and stuff, and we were like kind of on the fence of whether we wanted to get into this or not. And then he sent the letter because it was like the original Playboy stamp. It had been like a week or two of calls and then he had sent a letter and was like, officially, can you move in be my girlfriend? And if not live at the Playmate If you don't want to be a girlfriend and move in, like can you live at the playmatehouse? But we want you on our show The Girl's next Door and stuff like that. So he invited us to come in, move in a mansion, do the show. But we thought as like girlfriends when he sent that letter, we were like, oh, that means like what we're watching on Girls next Door we've been fans.
Speaker 2: Of Like oh, we still looked up to Hollybridge and Kendra.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they run around and like, you know, Holly became this like basically a producer of Playboy, Centerfolds and like shining or she was working in like so we figured they all had their own sec Yeah, so we didn't think that the girls were actually like hooking up with it. We didn't think it was a real romantic relationship.
Speaker 2: We didn't think he could get it up. We don't think he was really having sex. He's in his eighties.
Speaker 1: We didn't even really.
Speaker 4: Realize like who he was because in two thousand and eight, you know, we were young too. We didn't barely We just show Playboy and then the show.
Speaker 1: And I guess when you're that, when you're when you're young, or when you're sort of excited to go be a part of something that is different and it's gonna make you some money and get your exposure and all that, Right, you don't ask the questions or did you? Or was it like okay, wait a minute, what does this mean?
Speaker 4: When we got on the plane and we're flying out and we accepted everything, We're like, are we gonna have to have sex with him? Like?
Speaker 2: What if the girls really have sex with him. We just started thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we were like, well, we can't go back to well, we already quit our job at.
Speaker 2: We'd already stuff in the brawl.
Speaker 4: All the girls were going to shoot Playboy like you know, and we can't turn back. How did to California? Never been to California? And so we're just like we're already on our way.
Speaker 2: Let's just where this takes us.
Speaker 4: We're smart girls, like, thank god, we are siblings, Like we are very lucky. We're blessed because we do have each other where like other girls are probably flown out and they're on their own and they don't know what's going on, likely on their own when it happened, or you know, Bridget or Kindra.
Speaker 2: But for us, we actually had each other.
Speaker 4: So that's we're so lucky to be blessed to be able to like work with each other throughout our whole career and have each other.
Speaker 1: And so when you get there and they say, well here are the rules, like do you did do they explain to you like here's what do you have to do to be a girlfriend?
Speaker 4: It took a minute or have to be like, oh my god. But they kind of were like schmoozing us. They were like shoes kissing our butts and like just kind of giving us all like the benefits of being We were living at the Playmate House, so when we first got there, we didn't move straight into the Playboy mansion.
Speaker 2: We went to the Playmate House, which was across the street.
Speaker 4: Like Aaron Spelling literally lived the house next door, so i was like the Playboy mentioned. Then there was the Bunny House right across the street, and then Aaron Spelling's house there and.
Speaker 2: Jimmy. We had a great neighborhood, so it was like across it was walk across the street. Oh yeah, it was just like he had us right across the street.
Speaker 4: And so we were there like three nights and you know, he just got our nineteenth birthday was from nineteenth birthday was coming up, and he had invited us out to dinner and a club. We're getting in a limo, We're going with all these playmates. We're going with you know, the girls next door that we're famous at the time, And for us, this is like the first time we've actually been celebrated as like you guys are gorgeous, like.
Speaker 2: Like for us, this was like the first time we were on.
Speaker 1: Hollywood going out, Was it excite? Was it exciting? Was it so fun?
Speaker 2: So here's the thing we honestly to be honest, yeah, fans of that.
Speaker 1: Famous great movie.
Speaker 2: I grew up to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that was like we've always looked up to those So for us, we're like, we're in the industry where it's all happening.
Speaker 2: It was not like a ton of opportunities. It wasn't just a Playboy for us.
Speaker 4: We were like, maybe Victoria secut or maybe we're gonna act, and we got into a movie right away. Like for us the first year we were there, we got into Sophia Coppola's movie some Somewhere started, so like we got into movies right away, Like it wasn't just really Victoria's Secret. They turned us down and they're like, since you did Playboy, you can't do Victoria's Secret. Boxes on there, And then we realized we're we're in the.
Speaker 2: X rated in this industry.
Speaker 4: As soon as I guess we did Playboy, that was like boom check, you can't do anything like class I mean, like Victoria's Secret or more mainstream I guess right.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're at the clubs you're you're in la, you're feeling it's fun, you get you're dressing cool, you feel sexy. It's all it's all happening.
Speaker 2: It's all happening.
Speaker 1: It's all happening. And what about what about boys? Like are you allowed to date boys? Are you allowed to sort of you know what I mean? Like how do you experience relationships or sex or having fun?
Speaker 4: So, like we said, he did when we moved in. He didn't give us the rules, but we just got yelled at we did wrong. The longer we were the more he would be like, well, this is off limits, this is off limits, you know. So nine o'clock curfew, nine pm curfew unless you're out with him. You had a nine Friday, Saturday and Sunday it was five pm curfew because dinner started at five Friday.
Speaker 2: Saturday, we did old school movies.
Speaker 4: Sundays were movies that were in theaters and so we could in silent films, so we could see a movie that was in theaters now and sen.
Speaker 2: Yet like it was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So but like since Weriday, Sunday and Sunday at five o'clock was a curfew, nine o'clock was every other day. But like, no, he never said no boys, but you're not allowed no boys. Because when we first started filming the movie for Sofia Copla starring story was it somewhere, Yeah, Christina and Steven Dorf very clicked. So yeah, we played a love We had a love interest, and he had found out and he had read the script before us, before we even even knew we had a movie opportunity. He came in and read the script and said, oh, it's it's Fred Durst and on assing scene and I'm like, are you telling me know I'm not allowed to do this or what because he's coming and giving us the news, like he's giving us this and it's not Yeah, but anyways, it happened to be Stephen Dorf and we had to audition three times and go to Sofia for three times.
Speaker 2: And then Sophia Coppa.
Speaker 4: Actually we're so shocked because we're Italian and she's Italian and we're friends. We're fans of her dad who did The Godfather, so we're like, oh my gosh. We Sophia Copple actually showed up to film a Girl's next Door episode, which is reality.
Speaker 2: Show at the Playboy mansion.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 4: Gosh, this is like this is all same to us. Yeah, Siffley came there and and wat's just rehearse are we had two dance routines in the movie on top of the other stuff, but she wanted to come to it. The long story short, So Stephen Dorf likes his mother had passed away right before, like or right as that movie was being shot. So Sophia was a really good friend of ours, and she was kind of telling us go to Stephen got he's got a bar. He's lonely, like his mom just passed away. Like you girls need to be actors. Get out of this reality industry, Like, don't get any surgery, don't get your books done to the world. She's like, come to Italy, we'll put more spots of you in the movie. Have Bene Seel del Toro and everything in the mood to come from. And she's like, come to Rome, we'll put you. We'll give you a bigger rule, Like she want to put put us more in those So we're like we figured out, okay, we want to do acting.
Speaker 1: Well what point or did it get to be sort of suffocating where you're like, you know what, like I don't want to fucking come home at five pm. I don't want to do at nine pm. I'm a I'm a young girl in Hollywood. I'm young girls in Hollywood, Like I want to go live my life, Like I don't like this anymore. When did it get to that point?
Speaker 2: We really at the bottom.
Speaker 4: My minds were like, we just want to take care of our Nona, like, we want to take care of our family.
Speaker 2: We can't go home, sheoke again. Yeah, we're like getting in movies.
Speaker 4: And then after the movie she became a galorial France, commercials and.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 4: Like, we were getting offered so much stuff that the mansion started holding us back.
Speaker 2: We didn't even know what SAG was. The screen. We didn't know what SAG was.
Speaker 4: And they're like, no, you guys are like straight in. Sophia got you guys straight into the Screen Actors Guild. So it was good because we were getting paid well. So it was like the SAG. They were making sure we got paid well. Hugh Hefner wasn't making sure we got paid well. He was taking all, like most of our money and only giving us one thousand dollars every.
Speaker 2: Friday in cash.
Speaker 4: Both of us only a thousand per girlfriend every Friday in cash and he'd mark it down, keep it in a safe and like you had to go beg him for it, and he opened it up and he's got like his paper you write down, Carosa did this much, Christina got this much? Okay, I didn't overpay them or I didn't underpay them, you know, like he's watching for it, sang what and like when the if? We just realized we outgrew the mansion because he was holding us back, and Sofia Coppla really acted as like a second no not to us, because she was telling us like you girls can do so much more. Don't do the boot, don't surgery, don't do acting last you.
Speaker 1: Know, so then what so then what happened? Like how did you how did you exit?
Speaker 4: We had to finish the Girls next Door TV show, which was how long?
Speaker 2: Five and six so two seasons.
Speaker 1: So about two years ishers Yeah it's okay, yeah, and at that point where you live, where you have girlfriends at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we were since we moved in, we were considered girlfriends.
Speaker 1: Girlfriends okay, eighteen.
Speaker 4: To twenty eighteen to twenty yes, because we swore we're like we're not going to stay here till twenty one because we looked at the old girls much older there in their thirties, so we're teenagers. We were teenagers and they were like, you know, the mid thirty older. I'm like, I don't want to waste ten years here. We actually have a story where we have a gimmick where we're like getting casted as twins to do like acting in bigger rules than just reality TV like the other girls were, and only certain playmates get to do that, you know, So we really wanted to like dive in and do much as we can. And you know, the entertainment industry they want to get you while you're young. The older you get as a woman, it's it's not gonna get any easier.
Speaker 1: So and did you have to like acquiesce to whatever he wanted?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: So our first Christmas present from uh we call the house mom, but it's Mary O'Connor gave us a calendar for Christmas, our first Christmas there, and it was a calendar pre filled out of all HEF's schedule, and his whole schedule is basically this is your schedule.
Speaker 2: Now you're living his life.
Speaker 4: So we're living his life like you have to get hair and makeup done at one place, and you have to go well, hair at one place, make up at another place right in here, and then you you're by five o'clock. You have to be back and ready for this or whatever Eventy has. So Monday was manly night. He would spend Mondays with the men. Wednesdays was card night, so he'd want to spend Any girl that were across the street working or living at the Bunny House would come across the street and play Uno or Domino's put their time.
Speaker 2: So it was like the whole week was taken up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm sure there's so many stories, just like I can't even imagine I could talking for ten hours about all these stories. It's fascinating to me, just that interior, your lifestyle, like how it all went down. I mean even the celebrities that showed up there. I mean you're propositioned a thousand times by like a thousand celebrities.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: We always get asked the one question like who was the most famous person you met? And we always say buzz Aldrin because we're obsessed with space.
Speaker 2: And want to be the first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's with space, Like we all love space and so like buzz Aldream. I remember came to a party and Heff was telling us because he knew were upsis with space, and he's like this is buzz Aldrin and we're like drunk and we're like buzz buzz, like we're trying to hear and he's like, yeah, like oh my god, you went to the moon, dude, Yeah, and that's like that's our celebrity we wanted to meet, Like yeah, but and Steven Spielbert and Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 1: Filbert, Yeah, of course. Wow, it's such a crazy fascinating life. So then how did you exit? You know, how did it all? How did you get out? What does life look like now? What is the plan? What's the future?
Speaker 4: When the show the show starts coming to an end, we actually sibling sibling rivalry over here. We were like fighting, if you want to talk about fighting, Like we actually had fights in the mansion that he was like with each other.
Speaker 2: You really, yeah, like.
Speaker 1: So what do you guys fight about?
Speaker 4: There's a housekeeping closet and you know, Carrissa goes in there and we're drunk after a party and we're running around basically in underwear through the whole mansion, like it's massive and something set up.
Speaker 2: So something set us off. You're arguing. Carissa goes into the housekeeper closet and grabs a bottle wind Dex and I started spraying in with and I'm like freaking.
Speaker 4: Blind and I'm running around and that's like right down the hall in his bedroom. So security security watches us at all times, and they're like he The security goes to Heffen. They're like hmh Hugh Marston Heffner, hmh. They're fighting security and fighting. Then he comes down, He's like, what's going on. I'm like rinsing my eyes out. He's like, you guys need to hug it out right now, like me and let me finish. She threw a whole thing of protein powder. Whamn, so she's full of windocks. I'm full of protein powder. And the Andf's looking at us like, you guys are fighting and we're like, there's protein powder. We're fighting right now, drunk, yes, protein powder all this. We can't be like, you know, robotic and be happy. Yeah, go lucky twins all the time. Boom boo, kiddy fuck all the time, Like yeah, we are imperfections, cracked you know, we thought that was the one fight pressure pressure, and he's like at the end of the day, you know what he did, He's like, I'll buy you guys a new computer. You broke, broke this rivalry fights in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then and then when you were when you left, when you were on your own, were you still in it? You stay in LA.
Speaker 2: So here's the crazy thing.
Speaker 4: Carissa wanted to leave before I did, so we weren't ready to leave it at.
Speaker 2: The same time.
Speaker 4: Ah ready to leave at the same time you because you were, like Carissa had started dating.
Speaker 2: Oh, we ended up like wanting to leave.
Speaker 4: The mansion and start dating, started dating. We turned half we were ready to leave and have.
Speaker 2: Said we did.
Speaker 4: You guys can have like you can move into the playmatehouse and maybe you'll change your mind after you've got some freedom, which is right across the street.
Speaker 2: We moved out.
Speaker 4: Know that that freedom gave us time to like explore l A and like find.
Speaker 2: Out what's out beyond the ground.
Speaker 4: We were to leave, able to leave homeby Hills and Beverly Hills. We could leave homebe Hills, Beverly Hills. So like it was like we got to actually we we we called Mary. We called Mary O'Connor staff over here, and we go to her and we tell her, look, we want to leave, but we want to stay on great terms.
Speaker 2: So this is like, how do you break up with you? Half her?
Speaker 4: So she kind of helped us. Ande's like, all right, let's call him down here, and I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, don't cal him down right now. We're not ready to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Help you.
Speaker 4: And so we had talked about and just said like, we didn't want to be here, we want to you know, you're kind of holding us back.
Speaker 2: We wanted to do other things. So she brought him down.
Speaker 4: He walks down to the office and he's like, let me guess you guys are leaving me.
Speaker 2: He knew right away, like you're.
Speaker 1: Breaking up with me? And what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we were breaking up with him. But so Carissa ended up moving out all right. Well, he put us to the guest house to play, not the guests at the planmate house. The guest house was still in the property. Playmate house was across the street next to Aaron Spelling, and he gave us the room we wanted. So yeah, he put us at the playmate house and says, this will make us closer, like you'll want me, you'll want to come started dating, And he also cut our allowance back from one thousand to five hundred dollars. And the rule was we had to still go to every Sunday, Funday event or and every night and night, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday we had to be there.
Speaker 2: Keep up, keep up the appearances and stuff.
Speaker 4: So that fall apart because we weren't staying there and keeping up on appearances. Kept just moving out and we stopped coming home, and and we get these voicemails and he's like, hey, honey, you look up at his black book, like it's like the one that you push and then it just through. And it's like he's got the black book full of everyone's phone number and he's dialing the old school, leaving leaving voicemails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like, you guys aren't home. I just want to know where you're.
Speaker 4: At, if you're safe, and we're like, yeah, you know, we're safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And then you eventually moved out and you like to move yea.
Speaker 2: So we moved out.
Speaker 4: I moved into a boyfriend's house at the time. That was a really crappy boyfriend. She moved into the Playmatehouse and started so I was still living there by myself.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: So we opened up a beauty salon in twenty fourteen called Glam Beverly Hills, right off Well Show and Robertson on that corner Sineway, and we became the youngest members of Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce.
Speaker 2: But the same our mother died. She died, Oh, the only family we had.
Speaker 4: So like we had millions of dollars for the first time, we had our own beauty salon. We had all the freedom in the world and twenty four youngest members of Beverlyhiels Chambers of Commerce. And then Nona dies and like that was like our compass, our our foundations.
Speaker 2: And she died. We went off to the wall, like really depressed. We had no family.
Speaker 4: So it was and then the playboy family that we did have because we broke up with Puff, that was abandons. It was just abandonment, abandonment, abandonment, abandonment. So that's why we always say we're trauma bonded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So then how did you after Nona? After Nona passed? What was what was the move. I mean, did you still you still had your business? Did you get we had this idea?
Speaker 4: So this is like the first time we had no idea what we wanted. So we've always been had strong and like, we had no idea what we wanted to do.
Speaker 2: After sure, that's the way, we're like, what do we do? What's our purpose?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Was the thing you do? We make proud.
Speaker 4: In California for commercial real estate, you have to sign for if you're not buying the place, you have to have three years you rent it, and then after the three years you have to sign up for five years.
Speaker 2: After that malandatory. So we got Glamberg the Hill Salon, and we sign up for the three years, and then after the three years were done, they were like, you have to do five years.
Speaker 1: So how are you able to get sober and sort of put your life back on a better track.
Speaker 4: When we moved to Michigan is like when we decided, so we decided to get out of California.
Speaker 1: We're like, yeah, so so that's let's go there, Like why did you move? Why did you move to Michigan.
Speaker 4: So it was the third year of our salon. The Bilm movement had came along. Everyone was doing like these riots and boulevard. We were primetime Beverly Hills. The whole front of our salon was glass, and people kept breaking in and stealing our cash out of our register, and I was just like, you know, California is getting bad. All our friends started moving. Stephen Dorfa moved to Nashville, and then everybody else was moving to Florida. So it's like everybody in LA was constantly like, we're going to Nashville, We're going to Florida, We're going to like they were all moving. Everyone was leaving on at this time. So we were like, let's leave, and we didn't know where we wanted to go because our mother had passed away, had family to go to to my dad, We have no nobody, So we thought we were born in our arbor.
Speaker 2: Let's just go to an We're too known in Floye.
Speaker 4: We're recognized on Floria. Let's go to Ann Arbor, Michigan. Nobody's there, there's no paparazzi.
Speaker 2: We wanted to be normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long have you lived there now?
Speaker 2: Pictures We've been here now six years, and so.
Speaker 1: What do you do it? What do you what's your plan, what are you doing in an arbor or what's the future.
Speaker 4: So we were walking at houses in Florida. Really okay, so after we got our break, No, we got a breakout here and we realized she can served its purpose. No, we like we looked at the Scott Eastwoods and we were like settling for like that movie, like when you look at the movies and you're like the country boy coming to Michigan. We find like a cowboy and just.
Speaker 2: Settle down in normal life. No one's going to paparazzi us anymore.
Speaker 4: Right, it was good for privacy and healing, but it's time to get back out there. And that's why right now we're out there, like it's taken a six year old.
Speaker 1: What's the plan?
Speaker 2: So we just put so here's our thing. We just had thirty five.
Speaker 1: So you're you're born in eighty nine, so you are forty four forty five, uh thirty five thirty five right, yeah, okay, So.
Speaker 4: We're just like we wanted to only like because we did the Celebrity Big Brother UK in twenty twelve, so we kind of just wanted to step in and do like maybe an appearance on a reality show like we did before, like go to do the Traders TV show.
Speaker 2: We really want to do Traders, like maybe start getting.
Speaker 4: Into some reality, should do a podcast maybe, so kind of like Drew Barrymore, we thought we could host the TV show. We're pretty like we're pretty cool at that, or maybe get back into a little bit of a something something, but not full time.
Speaker 2: So we hit up our.
Speaker 4: Old agents from who we have when we were eighteen. We've just been working and then we just came out with this article for People magazine magazine and we rolled in. It's rolled in to everybody story from us just being honest, and we're really in shock because like usually our whole career it's always been about like Hugh Hefner or the Playboy or the other girls. So it was like we were really shocked that people actually cared about our story. We were and like how we started and stuff. And then like once people heard the truth thought of us and that wasn't filtered and stuff like yeah, because we have came from a lot, like we are very blessed to have each other, because we came from a very badly physically abusive family with my father coming from that.
Speaker 1: My father, well you you guys, are each your saving graces? It seems you know, you lean and rely on each other. Of course you're twins and there's that connectivity that just goes unconsciously. But there's also like you need each other, you know exactly you need each other. And so if you go to Florida, you go to Florida. Or when are you moving? Are you like soon?
Speaker 2: We're going to move to book atone July July?
Speaker 1: Okay now? And the plans just to keep keep continuing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: We're open to dating now, we're open to I was about.
Speaker 1: To say, what's up with men? You know, how long has it been? How long has it been?
Speaker 2: So we haven't dated in six years? Six seven?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Like no, seriously, no sex, no nothing.
Speaker 4: People say to us, so like you're so gorgeous, and you know, all of a sudden, like how do you not have a boyfriend?
Speaker 2: I're like, we have to get this right first, we have to get up here.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's impressive. Six years. Wow, gets So what happens if one of you falls in love then the other one doesn't.
Speaker 4: That's the thing I have to approve of each other's significant other, Like we have to approve of them.
Speaker 1: What Christina is like, I'm fucking in love and I'm getting married and I've moved in with a dude.
Speaker 4: Well, the most recent thing we've talked about with our manager is a dating show. So like we're really thinking about doing a dating show, and most of them like they're not successful.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of fake.
Speaker 4: But no, we're really looking. I really want to settle down. We want my kids, we want to have kids, we want to have a big fire.
Speaker 1: I know, but do you need to do all of this together? Yeah? How is it possible to find a dude at the same time? You know? I mean, so we're just praying.
Speaker 4: I mean we pray about it and like, I don't know, I just feel like it's gonna have it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, good feeling like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Like, honestly, I feel like we're kind of psychic, you know, we're like, Okay, that's crazy, but we're kind of really Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you a question. Do you guys have the same idea of like a perfect man?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so we used to have the opposite, but now we like the same type.
Speaker 1: Of give me, give me the perfect dude.
Speaker 4: Older, more established, funny, very kind, the nerdy we need nerdy.
Speaker 2: I like the bad boys that were assholes and there were hot. Yeah, I just go for the for the nerds.
Speaker 1: It's not hot and nerdy, older and successful.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, exactly, someone who can fall in love with, yes, and someone who's someone who won't hit on my sister.
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to look up at the both of us.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? But but but do you have to be attracted to the person though.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been eyeing Elon Musk Chris. He's an Eyeland.
Speaker 4: I know it's a bad example. Know what she really is, what I really have been. I'm thinking of reaching out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for it. He has a lot of kids, don't.
Speaker 4: Fall in love maybe, like because I know Elon Musk has like ten kids.
Speaker 1: I was like, what I'm saying is, do you have to be attracted to the person or do you want, like a nerd who's successful be.
Speaker 4: Treated right after everything we've been through, the most attractive looks a busy looks for a bonus for us, Like what we've learned is like the way we're treated and their characters what we look for, so Honestly, we're not like shallow where we're looking for looks like if you're funny, if you're trusting, and.
Speaker 2: You're loyal, and you're you're good.
Speaker 4: To my family and my family and they have nothing negative to say, Like that's all we're looking for, like a good like someone not normal, but you know, you know like.
Speaker 1: That it's hard, you know, powerful man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we like powerful men, you do, Yeah, because we're very we're very alpha and we're very.
Speaker 2: We say it like, hey, you can scare off some guys.
Speaker 1: You do, you do? You do say that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe being with half kind of made us more attracted to a powerful kind of guy. Not like that we were attracted to, but it's just the powerful being experienced to that, exposed to that, and.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like we like the more powerful kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well this would be good. Florida's probably the better place to go. Well, we've gone way over time because I'm just fucking so fascinated with with your story. I mean I could talk to our hours about all the intricate sort of.
Speaker 4: Ongoing use our iPhone camelo yeah yeah, yeah, no, but we've got talking to you. Honestly, you made it, you know, very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Oh good, we enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's our first podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh good. Well, I'm I'm I'm happy to be the first. Well I appreciate you guys. Thank you so much. Good luck with it all, and thanks for telling your story and thanks for being so candid. You know, honestly, it's the best way to be. Yeah, good luck finding that dude.
Speaker 4: Or dude, dude.
Speaker 1: Dude men two men. No no no no no no no no no, ok you, thank you guys. Okay, bye, I'm not going to do an outro. I'm going to just let you sting that for a second. Oliver Hudson out ah.