Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Legend of Zeitgang Trends of the Kingdom on me on Nintrendo switch that is courtesy of Monish.
Speaker 2: On the disc.
Speaker 3: Shuh yeah, you're excited, did you get it?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, man, yeah, I mean I'm doing my Zelda Fridays and taking the day off, taking mother's day off. Actually focus on babe, babe. Actually this is ah notes today for you. But but I want to honor you on Friday. I want to honor you keeping me happy and healthy. But I don't know fans of uh Tears of the Kingdom taking the day to explore Zelda happy, exploring all the gamers out there, all my fellow gamers, all my all my fellows switchheads. All right, Well I am Jack, that is Miles, Yeah, Miles, you are back from New York.
Speaker 2: I am back from my.
Speaker 1: Sick bed, feeling like sixty percent sixty nine percent ay better, So I'm gooding all right, able to sit up right and ski.
Speaker 2: Into a microphone.
Speaker 4: Fantastic. That's all we need on Like, that's all we need baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We just need you to We just need you to vote yes on these judiciary picks. Okay, and then we'll put you in a wheelchair and cart you back into the darkness, like die.
Speaker 2: Where am I? Where am I? Again? Fucking grim?
Speaker 4: You can hear her say that in the video.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that money, Diane Feinstein's return to the Senate.
Speaker 4: Very very grim, yes, very grim.
Speaker 1: Well, Mother's Day is this Sunday. Hopefully you are not just finding that out. Hopefully you have your Mother's Day plans yesterday. You know, it's trending hand with Becka. The one of the things I was trending was last minute Mother's Day gifts.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh yeah, people, boy, look it's a little late, but hey, do what you got to.
Speaker 1: You're always going to find the best ones when last minute is appended at the beginning of your Google search.
Speaker 2: In a bad way. Here, what do I do? What do I do?
Speaker 1: Oh? Boy? But one thing to do? So when if you're going out to dinner for your or lunch.
Speaker 4: Bunch or bunch brunch is a great that's the one they do.
Speaker 1: Uh, try to be kind to the restaurant workers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because according to.
Speaker 1: The CNN article, and we trust CNM for everything, don't we find we love them, We love them don't we find. According to this chef's servers and owners have said that Mother's Day is one of the worst days to work at restaurant because the expectations are high. There's a lot of people coming through. Everybody's feeling the presh of performing.
Speaker 4: At a high level for their mommies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they just say people show up like incomplete parties, impossible ways of splitting checks, people who like to hover over their last bits of like dessert or coffee.
Speaker 4: It's just like, come on.
Speaker 3: And also, man, they say the worst part is because of inflation and the rising costs. It's basically naturally people are gonna be like, well, if I'm paying forty five dollars for a waffle, this shit better have gold on it, and you better come out tap dancing with this shit. And there's like this one chef who used to be Oprah and Jeb Bush's personal chef, was just talking about having general Yeah, Oprah and Jeb Bush. I mean it shows you at the end of the day, not much separating them. Just need a lot of money, folks.
Speaker 1: Does there's a point in the nineties where a lot of people thought that was going to be like twenty twenty four Oprah versus Jeb Bush Rush the presidential election. Yeah, and we went in a worst timeline somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I like how this one, this one chef was just saying, like people just COVID has taste, like changed people's tastes, and they just want more.
Speaker 4: It's like, if it's they want more carbs, if it's mac and cheese, it.
Speaker 3: Has to be the cheesiest they're drinking too, they want more salads.
Speaker 4: Sounds very stressful.
Speaker 3: So I will be very kind to the servers and restaurant staff when I am one of the just innumerable hordes descending upon.
Speaker 4: A restaurant on Sunday for a brunch.
Speaker 1: There you go, there's a Russian mega village.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're talking about it, man, what would that be?
Speaker 3: So in Russia, they're basically constructing a village just outside of Moscow for quote conservative minded Americans and Canadians. Interesting, is the state run media said. And basically they're saying like Russia has for years positioned itself as a bastion of quote traditional values in contrast with Western liberalism, as its relations with the West have deteriorated.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So one of the migration lawyers of like this, Like who's associated with this is saying that there's around two hundred families that want to immigrate to Russia for idiological reasons Jesus, And I.
Speaker 4: Don't know how real that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know there's definitely a group of people who are like you can tell like with how there's a lack of criticism about Russia or Putin, how many were like, man, rather live.
Speaker 1: In Russia, right, So you're not going to invite me to Thanksgiving anyways?
Speaker 2: So we're moving to Russia. Me and your mother are moving to Russia.
Speaker 4: Any other questions.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: But apparently like this is also going to come at the cost of the people who want to move there, Like they're being like, hey, if we move there, can we like help build this cool place?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, go ahead, man, we don't need you here.
Speaker 1: And vivek Ramaswami, Republican presidential hopeful on Thursday, voice support for changing the overall US voting age to twenty five unless younger Americans fulfill at least six months of service in the military or as a first responder.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It basically this would help eliminate a few million voters who probably aren't on board with the GOP right. And we've talked about something around four million gen Z Americans, you know, will be voting age for the twenty twenty four presidential election.
Speaker 2: And that's they're not fans of that.
Speaker 4: They're looking at.
Speaker 3: That, they're like, why can't we just find four million ethno nationalists that we didn't discover before.
Speaker 4: Who want to vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so yeah, we're continuing to see them continue that like really dumb campaign to be like, we gotta raise the voting age.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta make up for all the people that are losing to that Russian village. You know, those people aren't going to be able to vote in US presidential elections.
Speaker 4: For people who are like I don't need a vaccine cut to They.
Speaker 2: Did, they did, turns out they did.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're.
Speaker 1: Back and Egen Carol May sue Trump a third time after his vile comments on the CNN town hall, which I missed that that happened when I was out, But apparently it was just like a long Trump jazz fest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was pretty nonsensical. But again, I think Trump loved it. He's already talking about how much he loves CNN. Yeah, because they let him go on there and just do lives for however many hours. But yeah, he kept, you know, he kept. He went right back to it and was like, yeah, she made it up. It's all nonsense. So I said it was a rig deal. And I think many lawyers are like, h I'd take another bite of that apple.
Speaker 4: Yeah, legally he can't do that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like I guess his whole thing is doing the thing that he's legally not.
Speaker 4: I guess another defamation case for you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean I think, like now, if the reporting seems to be that the higher ups at CNN are really they're dealing with angry staffers who did not like what they did with that town hall meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah whatever, I mean in their response like we we made news. That's great, We're making the news. It's like that's not you're supposed to report news. You're not supposed to be making news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just have Misinformation Fest twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think I think was probably more upsetting for people. And I get that, you know, it's like, why are they platforming it's that when you saw that, you're like, oh no, and we said this yesterday on trends like his his power is not waning among those people. No, And I think that's probably what freaks people out more than like saying it's not CNN's fault that there's a group of people who are into his full populism.
Speaker 4: But hey, that's where we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is where we are.
Speaker 1: It feels like, I don't know, the past couple weeks, for some reason, have have felt like there's been an.
Speaker 2: Overall shift towards Yeah, we might be.
Speaker 1: Looking at another Trump administration pretty fucking wild.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll see, we'll see how we'.
Speaker 4: Se how lazy the DNC is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this going. I mean, I think we know how lazy they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not because they're.
Speaker 3: Basically like like scaring anyone who wants to primary Biden away with like a hot poker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a good headline the BBC.
Speaker 1: This is like the not the onion headline of the day Lockness monster a hunter. I thought this job would be easier. And this is not satire. This is an actual person who quit their job in like nineteen ninety to hunt the Lockness Monster nineteen ninety one and now after thirty years of searching for NeSSI. He said he thought the task would be easier. He made his first sighting of something unexplained within his first year of his search, and since then it's been tough.
Speaker 2: It's been crickets. Oh no, I.
Speaker 1: Had one glimpse of something like a torpedo going through the water.
Speaker 2: I did think this.
Speaker 1: Job was going to be easier, as I had a sighting in the first year, and I thought it wouldn't be long until a second sighting would come along. And that is where I'm stopped at the moment, at that moment, still waiting for that second glimpse of something unexplained. Oh at least it's like honesty. Yeah, I saw I saw a thing, and since then not so.
Speaker 3: Much like an American would not say this. I thought it was I thought it would be easy. They would never cop to that. It'd be like yeah, man, because probably Obama actually had it, you know, fucking extracted to a CIA black site.
Speaker 4: And that's why I can't see it. I mean, they would have gone full scammera by now, an American.
Speaker 2: Like they would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: They would have a Discovery Channel show called Hunting Nassy with like a bunch of fake sightings and stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like this person's.
Speaker 1: Just like hard bitten, get waken up every morning, just be like maybe today is my day?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think Yeah. Brian and Victor are both asking like, how did he make money doing this?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 1: Peloton is recalling two million bikes? Who because dang seats.
Speaker 4: Keep falling off.
Speaker 1: They took that note of like a seat that falls off from the focus group testing.
Speaker 2: Oh of course. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And now they're like, yeah, it turns out they are breaking off and hurting people. O. God, yeah, it's not good, Like a lot of people are breaking their wrists.
Speaker 1: And shiit thirty five reports of the seat post breaking and detaching from the bike during use, and yeah, shattered wrists and.
Speaker 4: That's fucked up.
Speaker 3: And it's apparently like every bike like that was sold from the beginning up until now or some shit of the of the regular bike. If you have like the bike plus then it's not so much an issue. But yeah, now they're like, hey, man, call us up. We'll come by with a free bike post, a seat post for you.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so mister yeast, I guess bought a bunch of houses in the same cul de sac, leading people to start talking again about the wealthy and the famous buying towns orighborhoods. So he bought a whole North Carolina neighborhood for himself and his employees, like a company town for content influencers. So our writer Jam reminded us of the time. Do you remember when Kim Basinger bought a town in Georgia?
Speaker 4: Didn't hasn't everyone didn't.
Speaker 3: Bruce Willis buy Atack like so many people by that didn't go well, But yeah, Kim Basinger one went really badly.
Speaker 1: So she bought a town back in nineteen eighty nine and then like had to file for bankruptcy like a couple of years later. It really was like, it's the inspiration for Shit's Creek, just the idea of selling an entire town, which shouldn't be a thing that's possible, right, It's like an incorporated thing, Like you can't just like be like, yeah, this person came through and bought like your house now belongs to this one rich person. But I guess, for whatever reason, they were able to do that in this one stop light town in Brazilton, Georgia, and then you know, she got sued for she was supposed to be in the movie Boxing Helena and like bailed on it and then like lost in court. They like sued her for not showing up when she was supposed to or whatever, and lost seven point five and had to declare bankruptcy. Like the people of the town were like, wait, what's going to happen to us now?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: It's like one of those things like maybe towns.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be a thing that a single person could own. But it was the late eighties, early nineties, you know, it was coming off of Reagan and Bush one and yeah, you know privatization, everything was gonna work.
Speaker 3: And likely all the money of the twenty million dollars that used to purchase it came from the pension fund of the Ameriatech Corporation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what at is just the face of like a private equity company or like, you know whatever Ameriatech is what wanted to buy a town and who knows.
Speaker 3: When you started off this story, I thought you were gonna do that bit, and you're like, I don't know, like I don't know how to say this.
Speaker 4: Kim Bassinger Basinger.
Speaker 2: What show is that from?
Speaker 3: Is that from Arrested Development. It's like a doctor that comes in. It's like a it's like a stupid comedy bit. I think it's a doctor comes into like a room to talk about page like I'm sorry, I just I don't know how to say this, and what Kim Kim Basinger Bassinger. I think it might be family guy or some ship anyway. Anyways, that's all I can think of. That's what I got. That's what I got. Don't buy towns, I mean apparently like he's just buying like a bunch of houses on this cul de sact. He's not doing the thing where he's like I own the town, I'm just gonna own a.
Speaker 4: Section of it, right, And everyone's like he's so humble.
Speaker 2: It's like, mister Beast, so humble. I get it.
Speaker 3: You're not moving out to La and you're living in the hills and ship like crashing your tesla and like Silver Lake or something every day. So whatever, he's one of he's one of our benevolent YouTube gods who makes it rain cash on the poor people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Friday afternoon. We are back on Monday with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all on Monday.
Speaker 2: Bye. Stay woke.