Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's starting with Catapillar, but I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh wow when I saw Cantaburg.
Speaker 1: But there's like fourteen other stories. There are so many go off the script. How do you pick the stock moversero?
Speaker 2: Well, I try to see what is truly moving in a large way upward down percent. But then also how you know how many people own this stock? What's the you know, revenue, like like like exactly, that's my first that's your first script? Does Jalen Brunson own this? Stocks movers go, So we'll see you bels McDonald's because that's what I'm starting with. Ticker symbol MCD up about one percent, but down thirteen percent year to date. It has been going through it. So today McDonald's named a long time executive, Sky Anderson, president of its US business. They say they want him to bring focus and urgency to the home market. Sales growth at US restaurants they slowed again, but people who did show up bought price your items, So there were higher check overall checks at McDonald's. They're trying to expand their value menu, four dollar breakfasts, more options under three bucks.
Speaker 1: And explain how you do a four dollars breakfast, don't.
Speaker 2: Know, especially when all everything's going up, I actually do it, and you buys more beef in the world than McDonald's, I would think, geez.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just I don't understand the game plan, you know, And.
Speaker 2: I think that's what investors have been asking. But they say they have this multi year plan. They want to bring in higher quality food, hand breaded chicken, they want to change restaurant designs.
Speaker 1: So stock down twelve months or interns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, here's your Caterpillar Tom because it is surging twelve percent here and it has really become part of the broader AI trade. Right, So it's a US machinery maker. We know there are big yellow cats out there on farms across the country. It reported stronger sales across its businesses. Sales rose to twenty and a half billion dollars. And here's the thing, a record backlog for equipment orders driven by data center buildouts. Sure, so you know cadabillary was caught up in a recent selloff in those AI adjacent stocks over concerns about the sustainability of capex with as it relates to AI. But it's enjoying a nice resurgence here today. All right, Palenteer Technologies have to do it, because the stock is up sixteen percent. Not too often you hear a company describe its sales as otherworldly, but that's what Palenteer CEO is doing. It's a software developer. They now expect sales to top eight billion dollars this year, driven by demand for its data analytics tools. And there was concern that AI startups like Anthropic would sort of eat Palenteer's lunch, but no signs of that in this earnings report.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love watching his CEO get interviewed on his TV sky. He has no governor. He'll say anything.
Speaker 2: He'll say anything, Robert ordering his company. I want to talk. I know we usually do three. I'm squeezing in four Wayfair, Yes, twenty and a half percent. You've got to shop at Wayfair. I had to google it so I didn't know what way. Oh all right, missus Kean went to it last night.
Speaker 1: She's out there buying bar carts for friends.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Oh I love that about your wife. Okay. So Wayfair said sales in the US grew with their fastest clip in five years. It also has brick and mortar stores, which I have to say I didn't know about in Chicago and Atlanta, and there they've got an annual membership.
Speaker 1: Now, are they like et cet S Y No, No.
Speaker 2: No, because they're selling new stuff. ATS is usually more like not new or like people make their own stuff and have their own storefront. So this is new merchandise. But here's the thing. A lot of these furniture retailers are being hurt by tariffs, by higher fuel costs. Somehow Wayfair is not and there's an analysts who said it's because they don't purchase inventory directly from suppliers and they're not the importer of record.
Speaker 1: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg business app,