Speaker 1: Hi guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spinoff show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules. Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and.
Speaker 2: And Emily Simpson. I'm happy to be back. I don't like that a week off bothers me, and you felt sad that you were missing me. I did add a little fomo. Have to admit, well, I missed you too.
Speaker 1: But luckily we have Carlos who will fill in, who actually will be filling in for me the week after next, so you'll be able to get some Carlo's time in with yourself and then I can have some fomo and.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. Then we'll be sure to shit talk you as much as possible.
Speaker 1: Perfect even though I didn't shit talking once.
Speaker 2: To thank you, well you can. I enjoy it, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the first thing, before we get into any like headlines or the valley or Popping Off or any of the things, I need to ask you a question because I was talking about this when I was recapping on to teas in a pod because on Potomac this past episode they showed Meka going in for her incemination process and her husband releasing yeah, and they had Mecca go in with him to help him out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting. The crew was there.
Speaker 1: So then I started thinking, like, because I was I did incemination with Slade and IVF with Cruise and so, and I mean I had multiple miscarriages, Like I was in there a bunch and never once did any doctor say to me like, do you want to go in.
Speaker 2: With Edwyne to like never once. No, Well, I mean I went through the same thing. I had five years of going to you know, specialists. I did IVF myself in twenty eleven. I was pregnant with twins. I've told this story on Orange County but no, I mean Shane, they had to get multiple samples from my husband, but he always did it alone. I mean I always asked him. He's like, oh, there's magazines in there, but I was never in there. That would be weird.
Speaker 1: I got well next is kind of like yelling at her husband like hurry up, let's go, let's get this, and I'm like I can't even because like it's kind of a running joke between me and Edwin that the fertility adoptor like never updated his porn.
Speaker 2: So it's like from the eighties and right right, he just got like two magazines in nineteen eighty three and he's like this he'll do. He's like this was fine. I'm I'm all right with a full blush. And then I was like, am I the only one?
Speaker 1: And so I just did an Instagram post and all the women are responding, No.
Speaker 2: We didn't go in. We didn't go in.
Speaker 1: So I'm wondering, is this like a specialized doctor that allows.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So is is it a bathroom or is it a bedroom? Well, I mean if you're if you're going to both be in there, like do they make it comfy for you?
Speaker 1: It was definitely a bathroom in this situation and Edwin's situation. At our doctor, it wasn't a bedroom. It was like a room that had a little TV with like a VCR at the body. Yeah, that's what Shane went into. It's like a little dark a closet.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, in this dark closet and come out when you're done.
Speaker 1: So that was the same and but on Potomac They even said to Nika, no saliva, no something else, and I was like.
Speaker 2: What, Oh, that's so weird that I don't know that's a that's that's a doctor in his own category right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the comments are killing me on my post though, because everyone's like, between all the other ship that I had to do in order to get pregnant, I feel like my husband could handle this one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's how I felt too. I was like, I've been poked, prodded, I've been in pain, I've cried, I've bled. You can go in the closet, Like, go in the closet, do something, and.
Speaker 1: Get this ship done in a timely fashion, right, and don't complain, and don't complain.
Speaker 2: And I don't care if this is ruining the mood, get it. I don't care if you're embarrassed and everybody's in the waiting room knowing what you're doing in there, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine how relaxed Shane and Edie would be when I sit in there with them.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go urry up, get it out, let's do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm just gonna say, if there's no saliva involved, and there's no sex involved.
Speaker 2: I just want to know, like I'm not that great at a hand job. I don't don't know had it been made. That sounds like a lot of friction that I just don't need.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, at least I'm not alone in this, thank you so much. But it was something that was really plaguing me this morning, and I bet I was like, this is a lot to take in for me. Okay, well, now we'll just get right in a quick transition over back to business. Back to business. No more funny talk, no more fans jobs. That's it boring, inappropriate from here on out. Yeah, that's also when recovering these two gems in a show.
Speaker 2: The headlines for.
Speaker 1: Vander Pump Rules and The Valley are coming in hot. This first one is Instagram user at Steph with adids shares a clip of Lala and Sena defending Ariana two months before filming season eleven. Lala and she and I are talking on a podcast defending Ariana's choice to not associate with friends of Tom Sandval. Lala's quoted saying Ariana is in this situation saying if you choose to hang out with Sandoval, you can't be around me. It's not really saying you can and don't do this. It's just saying if you choose wrong, you're not around me. It's very simple. Then Shina goes on to say, and she has every right to feel that way and to expect that from her friends. That's not too much to ask. Lalla concludes, There'll come to a point where something happens and you look at the group around you and say it's either A or B, and if you ain't picking the letter, I want you to then get away from me.
Speaker 2: So the interesting part about this is that's not actually what happened to.
Speaker 1: You know, two months later when they started filming, you can see y'all, Laala and Sena are having a change of heart, which I got into last week with Carlos, not to you know, rub it in your face that it wasn't with you. I was actually kind of against this because it's kind of how I feel when housewives say they refuse to film with somebody else.
Speaker 2: You mean you're against that, thinking two months before filming that they were saying they were okay with a choice, like if Arianna makes a line in the sand, they're okay with that. That's the part you disagree with or you agree with.
Speaker 1: I disagree with thinking that you can control the casting of a television show.
Speaker 2: And if they're all there.
Speaker 1: To do a job, it's not up to them to do the icing out and the whatnot, like that's up to production. Like if production wants Tom Sandoval gone or makes the choice to have Ariana film everything separate, that's on them. It's not up to Sena and la LA's loyalty to Ariana.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it has to do with social media presence and pressure too? As far as their feelings two months before filming, I mean, clearly everyone was team Ariana, So don't you think that them saying that two months before filming was just also playing to social media mob? Yeah, and not wanting.
Speaker 1: To And maybe at this point they hadn't come to a decision with who's coming back, who's not right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, it could be social media.
Speaker 1: And also according to what we're watching, Laala is going through a lot where she doesn't want to live, angry or upset, so who knows by well.
Speaker 2: Also, before you start filming, I think it's very easy to be very linear in your thinking, right, you can be very much like well, I just won't hang out with him, Well, I'll just be friends with her, And then it's very simple to say. But then once you start filming and you spend time with someone and you're putting different situations, and you know, even with housewives when they it's like going into it, you know, thinking you're going to be friends with this person, and you don't like this person, and then a month in, you're you hate the person you thought you were going to be friends with, and now you're hanging out with the other person that you never thought you would talk to. So I think that's it's the same thing. It's like you can't control what actually happens once the filming starts and how people feel.
Speaker 1: That being said, this was not a good episode for Tom Sanamal in any stretch, just being a.
Speaker 2: Mens I know, every time I start to feel badly for him and I kind of like it, I'm like, oh, I kind of like Tom, And then I watched the next episode, I'm like, damn it, Tom.
Speaker 1: Like like learn how to just I mean, I guess I don't. I have a hard time learning this too, but like learn how to be a little bit more likable.
Speaker 2: Just learn that's it. Just likability. That's all likability. Likability.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of likability, this next one is about Joe.
Speaker 2: She's different.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what's different is that everyone comparing her to me?
Speaker 2: Do you get compared to Joe? Yes, everyone's saying this.
Speaker 1: Well I mentioned it last week, but I just kind of because I had a feeling it was coming, because there's something about our bone structure that I was like, Oh, people are going to give it to me. Now there's eighty two memes like this would be John Mellencamp's daughter if she wasn't John Mellencamp's daughter.
Speaker 2: I actually can see that. I'm actually going to go with that. I agree with that. What do you what do you mean? Do I told you the story about my true.
Speaker 1: I can't the turtle story. She really wanted to get that story out there. I was like, it's not a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. She was proud of the turtle story. Man, So if your turtle's on a leash, why couldn't you just pull him out? Because because he has no neck, it clearly slipped off when he fell. She incapitated a turtle retally, But the turtle is dead, and that's why it ended that way. The turtle's no longer in its shell. It's just like yeah.
Speaker 1: But she shares her feelings about Tom Schortz and an Instagram post, Joe wrote, been wanting to say this for a while and give me grace on how I say it. Anytime somebody says give me grace, I means you're not going to give him.
Speaker 2: Grace You're getting as soon as they ask word, I'm like, hell no, I'll make my own choices on who I'm going to give grace. Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Everything about this human makes me happy. Have you ever found a human that just it's you? That's Tom, that's me. Tom Schwartz deserves the world, and so do I. Maybe I'm not the girl for him, but I get it. He is a really good example of someone living in the moment always and so am. I find a person who can make you laugh all the time, that's Tom Schwartz. T Also, why does it say tea with like the dollar bill signed? Did she call him like T money?
Speaker 2: I know I was gonna say, I guess T money. T money has the best laugh smile Oh well, T money, yeah, T money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, so T money has the best laughs. I want you to call me that from now on, T Money.
Speaker 2: I know, I was thinking you could be Tea Money money. I mean, you are Tom Mellencamp's daughter, so you do deserve T money more than Tom Schwartz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, he has the best laugh, best smile, and people should really know how kind he is. I'll love him forever. I'm like, listen, Joe, you're not doing Tom any favors by writing him a complimentary post and it's an open love letter.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we'll get more into that later. But I really rarely what I want to see is his reaction to reading it. Like I picture him like being totally embarrassed by it, you know, like with the hand and the hair, and like not knowing what to say and how to respond to that. He's probably like, could you just take that down? Why did you do that? Well, I'm actually worried he's in love with her, you think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he if other people were there to judge the situation, I feel like he's legitimately into her.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is slightly odd, so it makes sense to me. I get it. Every lid has its top, is that?
Speaker 1: What? It is?
Speaker 2: Unclear? Every pot has its lid. I don't know how that goes something like that, Every every lid has its top.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that actually makes sense, and you're the lawyer, and I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: Clearly not good at whatever those analogies. I don't know that's a pot. Well, every land does have to have a pot. This next one is about the Valley stuff.
Speaker 1: Brittany Cartwright says lack of sex led to Jax Taylor separation in this page six article. Here, we've been together nine years and people stop appreciating you and take you for granted after some time. That would never happen in a marriage, Cartwright told Page six exclusively Thursday night at the premiere party for a new show, The Valley. She continued, so that's what I'm trying to get back, and if it doesn't come back, then we won't get back together.
Speaker 2: She told page six of The.
Speaker 1: Valley Batch that she moved into an Airbnb in January to take some.
Speaker 2: Sweet space for herself, wait space to make a beer cheese.
Speaker 1: Cartwright clarified, however, that a lack of intimacy was not the only contributing factor in the split. I asked him to do little things for little things and go to therapy.
Speaker 2: Was one of them.
Speaker 1: He hasn't done that yet. Then they show him leaving training made or whatever the workout place is, and he is now kind of backtracking on all of the things he originally said that they were still together and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to know what the other three are.
Speaker 1: Well, my guests, so go to therapy, stop cheating on me, stop sleeping with other people, stop sleeping with other people, have sex with me, and lay off the pasta. Yeah, pasta being the other pasta, Yeah, I get it. Not the Rigatoni's not the literal pasta.
Speaker 2: I don't know though, but.
Speaker 1: That's just my guess. But once, once everybody has watched the Vallee, you w'll see that this is pretty much another toxic group because the Value stars Jesse and Michelle Lally have also separated. A S Weekly article, said Jesse Teas to US Weekly, there's a major storyline about our life where I try to work on myself throughout the entire summer to be the best version of myself, and if the best version of myself aligned with the best version of herself, then our marriage would make it. People evolve if your marriage and relationship doesn't evolve with it it will never work no matter how bad you want it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So basically he did not find the best version of himself is what I'm going to conclude from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think she ever found the best version of him, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Think anyone has ever found the best version of him. He annoyed me from like right from the drop when he comes out, way more annoying than Kristin. I was like, this is not going to be good for you. I can't with that guy at all. Oh I know. Oh he was hard to stomach.
Speaker 1: But then Michelle says, Meanwhile, they filmed The Valley a while ago. People told us, when you watch the show, you're going to realize how you guys actually are, because when you're in it, you don't actually know. She said her own interview with us on Thursday. Taking a step back and looking at myself, I'm like, Wow, it's obvious we have some marital issues.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, exactly what you're going to say. The fact that you had to take a step back and look at it to realize you had marital issues, like.
Speaker 1: Hello, from the very get that they didn't have one moment where you're like, oh, these people can even tolerate one another.
Speaker 2: No, no, and then they've.
Speaker 1: Worked together too. I was like, this is I don't know, but I do like the pregnant couple. Well, I guess he's not pregnant, but the girl's pregnant. She is my favorite, I think on the show, like she's comedic relief.
Speaker 2: Yes, Janet, we like Janet.
Speaker 1: Okay, now we're going to get into the vander Pump Rules reunion seating chart, which I have to say is slightly surprising to me. So it's Andy and Lisa Vanner Pump at the head, so it's not just Andy at the head and at Lista.
Speaker 2: Put that in her contract. Must have hasaid always been that way. I'm curious. I don't think so, but I don't know exactly, but I just have a feeling that she's like, let me add something to the contract. I will sit next to Andy. She's like, since this could potentially be the last season of FOM, I want to sit parallel. Well, first seat.
Speaker 1: Is Arianna and then Tom on the other side. Yeah, fan of all. Then second seat is Katie and Shorts. Then third seat is La, La and Sena. Fourth seat is James James. But I'm like, where's Alie. Allie's in it as much as anybody else. At this point, they wheeze.
Speaker 2: Her in on one of the sides. Yeah, and they should have put Joe across from her and then she could read her birth chart again during the breaks.
Speaker 1: Andy has said he loves Brock this season. Brock is definitely doing the most, but you're you're seeing there a couple going through it as well. You can even like you can see Sheena like trying to control what he says with her eyes and he's just not having it, and she's said, don't expose all right, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I appreciate him though, because I think he says intelligent things and I think he's he's kind of the voice of reason that you need, like La La is too, and so is Brock. But but I like them because to me, they remind me of a real couple. You know how we were talking about Jesse and Michelle and you could never see and it's only been one episode, but you can't see anything between them that would show that they're an actual real marriage. But you can with Sheena and Brock, Like you're right, it's him wanting to talk about things and her giving him the evil eye, So which is real? I can say it's the side eye all the time.
Speaker 1: Now I am constantly like, shut your pile. And the fact that Edwin and Eddie have a podcast now that I can't micro manage everything he says is exhausting enough.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, did you listen? I'm like, do you want to stay married?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that is a good boundary that you set. Yeah, Like, I don't need to know. I don't need to know what you said. It's I'm already embarrassed for whatever it is that it could potentially have been said.
Speaker 2: I don't need to hear it. And I've heard all your stories, all right, all right, nothing new, nothing new here. I doubt you came up with something original. Just kidding, honey, if you could hear me.
Speaker 1: But you can't listen to the ads wherever you listen to podcasts. But then, according to an anonymous source to Bravo and Cocktails, the reunion was boring until the end, when Ariana went off on Lalla in a friendship ending verbal blowout. Also, Ariana's friend Logan tweeted the seating chart, saying some of this cast won't see heaven.
Speaker 2: That's kind of dramatics, very dramatic. I mean, what does that say that they're so horrible they're going to hell? Yeah, I mean I guess, yeah. I mean that's very deep.
Speaker 1: That's and Logan, I don't see you on either of these couches, So why are you tweeting this out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And why is he sending out the seating chart?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like all of the things, Logan, have a couple of seats, or go serve another cocktail at sir or that is that where he works. I don't know. He might be her publicist. Now, It's it's hard to say. They have, you know, a paid friend. Whatever it is. All right, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Take a quick break and then we'll come back and get into Van Rules.
Speaker 1: Season eleven, episode eight.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back there. We're going to.
Speaker 1: Start and I'm going to use this term loosely. Party the pool party? Was that not the most crap?
Speaker 2: I couldn't stop looking at it, But but I was looking like like it was a wreck, Like like when you drive slowly because you want to see all the cars.
Speaker 1: Piled up and you're glad it's not you. That's actually one of the cars piled up. That's how I felt about that poll party, Like, I was like, thank God I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Did he get people to come to that party from a Craigslist ad? Because I feel like that's where the party goers came from. Even Shortz was like, I'm out of here. I'm not comfortable with any of the people here, and what's happening The central casting.
Speaker 1: Here has been a little bit And then I'm like, you're trying to make Arianna jealous with some of these ladies.
Speaker 2: This ain't the way, No, no, And then the two girls that came late, and he was just like in the pool talking to them. Do you think I was trying to figure out did they just keep showing their awkward faces on a loop or were they really just making that many awkward faces the whole time he was talking?
Speaker 1: Did they not sign did they sign a release to show their faces but not their voices? Because I don't think I ever heard an audible noise come out of them.
Speaker 2: Right, That's why I was like, did do Bravo just did they just show the same five second loop that they just keep showing or was it really that awkward? But also could they not just give them like a courtesy laugh, like yeah, you know, and don't pretend you don't know.
Speaker 1: Even like somebody that doesn't have social media lives under a rock. They probably heard of scandaal So don't act like you don't know who is rooted.
Speaker 2: He's like I was in a relationship, you know, ten years and they were just like dead, like dead dead dead faces dead.
Speaker 1: They're like, we need another shot before this continues on. Then we get into the Katie and La La lunch and there's obvious tension after.
Speaker 2: The birth chart. I love all these different parties, the birth chart, party, birth chart. You know, I was thinking that we should DM Ali and ask her to do our birth chart. Oh yeah, why don't we? Because I feel like Pluto's definitely in the first house when it comes to me, I was like, I definitely the Pluto's in the first house on my chart.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know that we could get in. She's probably like two booked up now. Between that and then I also saw like a clip of her with a guitar with like Shena and Sheena's sister in the music video, like Ali's gonna blow up's she's two books.
Speaker 2: She's booked and busy, but maybe she can come for one popping off chart read. Maybe she could move us to the front of the line. But I do appreciate that Katie and.
Speaker 1: Lala show us all how reality shows are supposed to work, conflict then resolution.
Speaker 2: Yes, I appreciated that. Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 1: They were able to say that they were sorry, they talked through their thing.
Speaker 2: It was nice and quick. We didn't need to rehash.
Speaker 1: We both know what they were doing originally, so let's just keep it moving. Yeah, then we get back to the party.
Speaker 2: Because we have to show more of it because it's so cringey. They're like, so more of that party.
Speaker 1: It includes a lot of liquor or liquorless liquor, which it sounds really fun, and a topless girl in the pool, which I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: Time of day is? How drunk could you be already?
Speaker 1: Like they just got here, and then shorts leaving and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's just all in all. Billy Lee is like, did you meet my girl Tea?
Speaker 1: And then they panted Tea, which we already know at some point he's hooking up with Tea because we see him in Tea, like holding hands and paparazzi before the season. But then I'm like, he's not even into tea originally because he's brought over these two random chicks he met at shorts and sand like this is or on Craigslist or on Craigslist or Central Casting, and they got their taffedeartly for today's episode.
Speaker 2: I did enjoy his cringy toast here's to staying positive and testing negative. I was like, oh, good ones good one, Tom good one good.
Speaker 1: One off class for that one. But the morning after the pool party, once again we feel bad for Anne.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do feel bad for Anne. I can't imagine how disgusting. I mean, that house looked disgusting on films, so can you imagine what it really looked like?
Speaker 1: I mean, but Ariana walks out pissed at the side of the mess. But then I'm like, that's kind of ironic considering her bedroom.
Speaker 2: Considering she's a hoarder. It's like.
Speaker 1: Before, at least the you know, when the bedrooms were a mess, Like at least the common area was clean. It's just all of it's giving me my OC for its money. And then when he's on the treadmill and A's like, I'm working on cleaning it up, and he's like, great, well, let's let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Then, like, couldn't even at least pretend to help for a minute. No, he is getting in shape, he's working out with his headband. It's important things to do. He's like, I'm sorry, I'm walking on an incline. Yes, and I'm going to journal. I do not have time for this.
Speaker 1: And and I listen, I am paying you minimum wage right now.
Speaker 2: Should be really excited. All said, ship ship what is it?
Speaker 1: Shipp tip chip ship tip chip shape, tiptop shape, tiptop shape. I And then and as Ann's cleaning up, I'm sitting there thinking like she's visualizing of murdering Sandoval.
Speaker 2: And who wants to murder him more? Ari Honor and like these are the things that go through my mind.
Speaker 1: And as I'm watching it, and it's really a toss up which one despises them more, which would make the rumor of and potentially working for Ariana feel more accurate, especially after the leftover food. Then of course Ann has to get involved to let.
Speaker 2: Let Tom know that so and so is going to be at the house, Like there's.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, but first, Ariana has Shena over because she's heard from multiple sources that Gina's upset with her. I'm like, I'm going to tell you what these multiple sources are. It's a it's a two word name, Lisa vander Pump. Oh, that's yes, it's Lisa vander Pump.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah. But Arion's quite nice to Sena in the scene, but in the confessional, she's like, what does she want me to do? Break my nda and tell her? Yeah, I don't know, I can't. I can't with say Ariana, Ariana whatever. She just she rubs me the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I think it's because I haven't yet to see like any sort of like lap like lighter side to her. Yeah, maybe because she is on the defense, or maybe because she is heartbroken. But like even in the past when I have watched, she's just seems pissed all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean, I don't know. I have a hard time with her. I just every time I watch her, I just want to yell, let it go, like, just let it go, move on like him anyway. You clearly were done with him anyway.
Speaker 1: But I'm curious at this point if Bravo was like, Hey, ABC, if you hire. If you hire Ariana, Shena promises to bring up Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: As I now think this is product placement for Dancing with the Stars. Well, I feel like now if I was a producer on Dancing with the Stars, I would never hire her because she's brought it up so many times. I would be like, hell, no, it's not happening now, do you know what I mean? Because I'm that kind of girl, Like I'm the kind of girl that would just be like.
Speaker 1: No, Also like play a little hard to get, Like now we know you've already signed up for dance classes, Like.
Speaker 2: I haven't even done that yet. I'm believing like Dancing with the Stars call a girl. I promise not to tell Emily. Oh my gosh, I would be so pissed. I've been wanting Dancing with the Stars for years. I had my hip replace. I am a better candidate. I have a story. Then we get to Shorts and Joe hanging again.
Speaker 1: This time they're peddling in a swan talking about turtles and his confessional. Short says he could probably marry Joe right now and be happy, but he doesn't run a relationship so soon after his divorce with Katie. Do you think he's still in love with Katie? No, I don't really think so.
Speaker 2: I think you're right what you said earlier when he says he could marry her right now, but he doesn't want to, I don't. I think it's because he doesn't want to because everyone else thinks she's a quirky weirdo. That's really what it is. So he just changed quirky weirdo to I don't want a relationship. So soon after my divorce, he's.
Speaker 1: Like, I need to wait till I'm no longer on this show, and I can just hang out with my pal that would then be my wife, and we can do weird things together and right without the judgment. Yeah, And then the entire friend group goes out, including Sandoval and Ariana in the same room.
Speaker 2: That felt casual, easy going. Do you think that he had no idea that she was going to show up or do you think they both know they would be there at the same time. I don't think they had any idea.
Speaker 1: I think it was like an all cast event, where like, if I'm just making up, if Tamraa wasn't going to show up, they would be like guess what, Emily Tamra's not coming because she's mad at you, Like they wouldn't necessarily tell you.
Speaker 2: Right, So you're saying you think it was just an open invitation for all of the casts and they didn't know who was actually going to be there. Correct. I don't think they're like on a group text, like in be there at six thirty. Yeah, that sounds.
Speaker 1: Super awesome, guys, I can't wait, but Arianna says Now, Arianna saying she isn't going to let Sandoval prevent her from hanging out with her friends for the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: And at this point, I'm wondering, who are your friends other than Katie? Yeah, exactly. Katie's like her riders diaminion if she every face she makes when anyone talks about Sandoval kills me. I'm like, can you move on?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Can we get past the hatred.
Speaker 1: But also continuing to say that Sena and Arianna are best friends. I'm sorry, I don't feel it. I don't feel it. I'm trying to feel it. I'm trying to get on board. I've hung out with Sheena a multitude of times. She's always been super fun. Sena feels like she to me, it feels like Shena is walking on eggshells every time she's an Ariana's presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I don't feel like I don't when I watch it. I don't see a friendship there. No, even when she even when she called her from the boat, it was an awkward phone call, like clearly they were like, go FaceTime, Arianna, and she did, and it was awkward and Katie rolled her eyes the whole time she was talking. But it didn't feel like a friendship.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get Shena did bring Arianna on to the show, but I think that's because she wanted to bring in, you know, a new person that was a cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater, because you know, Shena had already come in as one of those, so then she was.
Speaker 2: Like, greaty, there's another one.
Speaker 1: The other girls didn't like Shena, so Ariana was kind of that person for her. But at that point, Shina was in a position of strength on the show, where now it's reversed and I don't think the same grace is being given to Shena from Mariana that Shina gave Marianna.
Speaker 2: That's right, Well, Ariana just seems to me like she has a huge ego. Every time I watch her, I just see ego.
Speaker 1: Well, she was very excited that Tom was checking her out from the back, which she was, but I don't even know if it would be considered checking her out because he was just like.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, I don't think you mean, I don't think it was like a flirtatious like, damn, she looks hot checking her out. He was probably just trying to like figure out where she was in his peripheral vision in case she wanted to take a shot at him actually with a beer bottle or something. You know, when you like when your enemy is in the room, you want to make sure where they are at all times.
Speaker 1: You need to keep all hands on deck. Then Allie tells the group that Joe I just have to laugh every time I say Joe's name, that Joe Till asked her if they could hang out and read her birth chart. And then that's when Katie's like, that's giving. Katie's always saying giving, And now I need to check myself anytime I say giving, because I realize I do it sometimes because my kids say it, but like.
Speaker 2: It's giving, desperate, it's giving too much. It's getting me. I don't say that. That's not in my vocabulary. Well you're lucky. Yeah, But now that you said that, now I'm going to get it stuck in my vocabulary. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then you're gonna every time you say, you're gonna be like, oh, well, am I saying it's giving, it's giving despread, it's giving infiltration. Then Sena is trying to have yet another conversation with Sandoval about taking accountability and apologize for Katie.
Speaker 2: How he acted after her divorce.
Speaker 1: How did he act after her divorce? Essentially, the Toms just aren't like if you. Toms aren't necessarily like marriage therapists for one another. They are not going to give you the advice you need to hear. They're going to give you the advice you want to hear. So, no matter how shitty they were treating their significant others, they both were kind of there for each other.
Speaker 2: Like they were just okay. So I don't think I don't think that's treating someone shitty. I think that's just being a friend to that other person.
Speaker 1: Essentially, to Tom, Schwartz was not being the best husband, and Tom Sandoval was making Katie the villain because of it. But like Tom Shortz, like not only like body shamed Katie, he would say like terrible.
Speaker 2: Things to her on camera.
Speaker 1: Like it was the things that he said to are on camera really made me question that what he could possibly be saying to her off camera, because they were the type of things that, like if Edwin said them to me, I would carry around that grudge for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Right And then of course, and then so Tom Sannibal wasn't a voice of reason saying you shouldn't say things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah she Yeah, No, he didn't really do anything. I mean, essentially, he would just be like, yeah, Katie's the worst, you deserve better that kind of situation versus like, you guys have been together for so long, you love each other, you can't talk to her that way, that type of thing.
Speaker 2: Neck. But I feel like that's his men in general, Like I don't feel like they ever say things from a reasonable and you know, compassionate perspective. They're like, yeah, that grows a bitch, you can do better. I guess straight, men, you're right, I guess. I guess.
Speaker 1: Then Katie's at Ariana and Santoval's he house helping set up for game night.
Speaker 2: Sandoval walks into the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Well, first, he like at Ariana ask Katie if she's comfortable sitting in the kitchen while she goes up to get changed in her hoarder's room and Sandoval comes down.
Speaker 2: He was on he was on the treadmill and.
Speaker 1: Incline again, he was like, Pete's sakes, let's change it up.
Speaker 2: Or he was journaling, Oh gosh, the journaling.
Speaker 1: He tries to apologize for his behavior during Katie and shorts divorce. Oh, we forgot sorry, we got sidetracked when Shena was talking to Shorts accountabit. Yeah, then he stormed out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when he was really I'm like, okay, but can I just say this is probably maybe an unpopular opinion, but I actually felt badly for him in that situation because here they all are out at a bar, hanging out in a group, and again someone's telling him that he needs to apologize and take accountability. Again. It's like it's like every situation he's in, is he just he has to apologize every time he's around someone? Is that the standard? I mean?
Speaker 1: And also, does Sheena really think that if he apologizes Katie's going to be like.
Speaker 2: Great, let's move on out, Let's bury the hatchet. I feel good about our friendship. Now. No apologizing is going to do nothing. Clearly, this is it is what it is.
Speaker 1: But he does come down the next day or whatever it is to apologize.
Speaker 2: Katie isn't having it all right.
Speaker 1: Then Schortz comes over to the house and Sandoval has a breakdown about his situation with Rachel.
Speaker 2: He pulls out pictures of them where they like blur out her.
Speaker 1: Faith right reminiscens of the good times.
Speaker 2: But then he goes the closet seeing killed me, Like was that I was watching that? And I'm like, okay, I feel like that was for effect, Like was this situation that dramatic that he had to go in his closet and like put his.
Speaker 1: Arm on the shelf, and like, I think he was trying to muster up the tears. Right, He's in there like punching himself. He's like really hard. But then he compares himself to Scott Peterson, who allegedly murdered his wife. But this is my this is a really important question.
Speaker 2: He was convicted of murdering his wife and his unborn child, so I guess we don't even have to say allegedly. Oh that's true.
Speaker 1: I only said allegedly because that's what Short said, I think. But very important question. Did Scott Peterson put on foundation and cover up before going out in the evening? Did you see Tom putting it on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did. It was like he was doing, you know, like the concealer under the eyes. I was like, oh, this gets better and better.
Speaker 1: It was like not even scoff Peterson a convicted murder, which is such a thing.
Speaker 2: No, I mean he I feel like Scott Peterson will leave it at the white nail polish and then be like I can't concealers too much. I can do a white nail polish, but I can't go with the concealer. Oh maybe Tom has a partnership with a man's makeup line.
Speaker 1: Oh he did Tom had? Oh maybe this is it. Maybe he's still white labeled with them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The keyword has had. Yeah, I think had is going to be all the things.
Speaker 1: Then the whole group comes over for game night, they play never have I Ever and brought confesses to being in an orgy which she not also took a part in which apparently.
Speaker 2: No, this is separate. This didn't Their orgies did not happen at the same time. I see you. I thought they were separate orgies too. There's some in our.
Speaker 1: Rundown it says it was one orgy, but it wasn't. Well the orgy that Sina is talking about. When she essentially.
Speaker 2: Throws John Mary, I mean seriously, I guess my body in the Wonderland and I guess my body. I mean seriously. I was like, wow, you really buried the co Yeah, that was that was very swift. No one's going to get it. Yeah, like it was.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, sorry, John Mayer, all the karma from the things that you legedly did to Jessica Simpson and Tayler's swift or I'll coming back to haunt you on vander Pavlo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sina just called you out. Shina just called you up. Then, I'm like, I hope you didn't.
Speaker 1: Send that video to anyone, Shena, You'll also be in trouble, okay.
Speaker 2: But but she made it like she wasn't a part of the orgy. She was watching or No, that was Brock, that was just watching Brock. Brock was saying he was like in a room with multiple people having sex, and he was just in a chair in his leopard He was hale, he was for the right. They sent you into the orgie room first, and then they send you into the dark closet. Now I see how it works. And then the guys are all at Tom Tom.
Speaker 1: While Ali's hanging out with Joe giving her birth chart reading, Schortz is adamant that him and Joe are just friends. Ali reads Joe's birth chart saying her and Shorts are only meant to be friends.
Speaker 2: You can see that Joe is not happy with this. Her face is like she's very bummed.
Speaker 1: And then the guys are reliving their glory days when Jack Taylor joins them.
Speaker 2: Jacks, it was a lot. It was. I did find it entertaining though. He is like there is no filter. He's just like, you look like you're fifty. What's with the nail polish? Are you going to die soon? I mean, like the guy and you know, this is what happened.
Speaker 1: Jack's before going went online and he like went on Reddit and he's like, what has everybody said?
Speaker 2: Exact? Tom? I'm going to say, just give me, just give me five bullet points. So I can just hit him hard as soon as I sit down. Bam, bam, bam.
Speaker 1: I'm going to show people that I am a change man, so that then they can read the same time that this comes.
Speaker 3: Out that significant because changed because my penis cannot be controlled or it's too controlled when it's with my wife.
Speaker 1: And then but he I kind of thought it was a little bit bizarre that there wasn't like a moment of niceness.
Speaker 2: It was just immediately like on the attack. What did he do to you? Jacks Like, yeah, it was a lot. I mean, I still found it entertaining though.
Speaker 1: But then Sandoval is like he feels like Jack has always been jealous, which then they took us down memory lane. Jax compares Sandoval to the person he was seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Because he's so evolved now. He's a very distinguished gentleman now, as you'll see when you tune into the premiere that yes, very mature.
Speaker 1: But also why it's like Jack's like a method actor, because I kept thinking he's reminding me of Vince Vaughan from a movie, Like I can't even remember what movie it was, like maybe it was Swingers or something, but it was just.
Speaker 2: Like old school or something something. I was just like watching and I was like, what is happening here?
Speaker 1: But to point out in season six, when Arianna and La La exposed Jack's cheating to Brittany, Sandoval actually took Jax's side, So the fact that Jax can't do the same is also like Jack's how badly do you want attention?
Speaker 2: Well, he probably doesn't even remember that he took his side. I feel like he's the epitome of just tunnel vision and narcissism.
Speaker 1: Well, that seems like the theme here for the men are fantom roles in the valley.
Speaker 2: Except for Rock. I feel like Brock's a little self aware. I I can't tell. I can't tell. I think that he has the most potential to have some self awareness.
Speaker 1: I think I think Brock is a little pent up because he's like, I don't want to be the babysitter anymore. I don't want I need to be making some money here. I feel under your thumb. I think any man when they don't, when they're not creating their own income and they're at somebody else's like, you know, it's all about Sheena's schedule, Sheena's life whatever.
Speaker 2: In Rock's just there. I think he's just.
Speaker 1: Hit his breaking point with that. But I mean Brock does have issues. I mean his previous season was about him not caring or paying for his other children.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, well that's pretty shitty, Brock. Brock, Jeez, you're getting a box. Get your shit together, Brock.
Speaker 1: Like maybe instead of paying a babysitter for summer moon, you could pay for your other kids.
Speaker 2: Like no child support for his other children. I don't think so. Oh damn it, Brock. Just when I give somebody props and I find.
Speaker 1: That out, well that's why I bury it to the end, so you can step in the mud and then I can dig you out slowly.
Speaker 2: Damn it. But yeah, that is the.
Speaker 1: Recap on Vander Pumpolo's Are you looking to spice up your listening lineup? Well, do I have a treat for you. It's time to tune in to Off the Vine Podcast with the one and only Caitlin Bristow. Join Kaitlin as she serves up a blend of humor, authenticity, and pure entertainment. From sharing personal stories to chatting with celebrity guests, She's got something for everyone. Trust me, you won't want to miss a single episode, especially the one I was just on. Whether you're on your daily commute, sweating it out at the gym, or simply unwiding at home, Off the Vine is the perfect companion. Just hip play and let Caitlin whisk you away into a world of laughter and good vibes.
Speaker 2: So are you ready to join the fun?
Speaker 1: Subscribe to Off the Vine podcast on your favorite platform like Spotify or Apple Podcast, and let Caitlin Bristow be your guide through the ups and downs of life, because, let's face it, life's too short for boring podcasts. We are recapping the Valley, so here we go.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see, We're on episode one. We're introduced to the Valley casts, which includes Vander Pop, Rolls Alum's Jack Saylor, Britney Cartwright, and Kristin Doty. Kristen's boyfriend Luke, who goes by Luke Colorado, is also on the cast, as well as some other couples including Danny and Nia, Jesse and Michelle, Jason and Janet. Joining the series as friends are Jasmine and Zach. So who is your favorite couple so far? Oh? Definitely Jason and Janet. Yes, I agree?
Speaker 1: Who would I want to be friends with and hang out with. Definitely Jason and Janet. I think Jesse and Michelle. It's just going to be one of those situations where it's going to be hard to watch. Oh he's so cringey, he's so he's the worst, and then oh cringey Danny and Nia. I actually know in real life that's how Jax Taylor met them because Jack and bo and Danny all went to a RAMS game with Edwin and that's how Jackson Danny became friends.
Speaker 2: Look at you, You're like, what is it? Seven degrees of separation from the valley. You know, all these shows and you're always connected, but you're just never on him. That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: I am the queen and getting other people on television shows and not getting on any myself.
Speaker 2: Yes, Queen, I got it.
Speaker 1: But the intro shows the party or turned parents showing off their new lifestyles including tiny baby cars, mini pool full of baby bottles, and Kristen taking out the trash.
Speaker 2: But also why do they dressed like they're in the mid nineties. What is happening? I don't know, But why is there a many pool full of baby bottles? Is that just for looks for show.
Speaker 1: The only thing that I do know for sure was that they've made it very clear how hot.
Speaker 2: It is in the valley. Yes, it's very I know it's so hot that Jack sweats brown, That's how hot it is. I mean, if I saw Edwin's sweating off his spray Dan, I think it might give me the egg, right, I'd be like, you have to go home and change. You saw cameras down, camera's down? Sorry, can you walk back the block? I love it, though it's so hot. We barely made it over here.
Speaker 1: And then they showed it's like, this is where Jack's and Brittany live.
Speaker 2: This is where they crossed the street. Essentially they crossed the street.
Speaker 1: And then okay, so we're We're in Brittany and Jackson's house and Brittany is sporting a post surgery compression bandage around the top of.
Speaker 2: Her head to her chin, but she still has full makeup. So I appreciate that. I did. I did appreciate that. And then they go through all of the surgeries that Jacks has had all the nose Are they just all no surgeries?
Speaker 1: I think he I could be making this up, but I think he may have gotten in fights or things happened where like his nose would if not, if he hadn't gotten in fights, or he hadn't had some kind of injuries to his nose. I don't know that I would want to be the surgeon known as the friend that performs all these surgeries when you've had to have seven, Like if we had to get seven necklaces, because that's a problem the first one took. I guess he got so many because he never took the doctor's advice after he got this.
Speaker 2: Okay, but when you learn that after the first time, like you have the surgery, you don't pay attention to the doctor's orders. You have to have another surgery. Okay, I'll give you two. But like when it gets to be six or seven.
Speaker 1: It's like, are at some point doesn't the doctor say, like, I'm not giving you another surgery?
Speaker 2: Right, Like you're fired as a client. Yeah, you're done. You're a hazard to yourself. Yes.
Speaker 1: But then Jax is boasting about his new lifestyle and career that includes doing cameos.
Speaker 2: He's like, I have like thirty two to do. It tastes so long. What's the matter?
Speaker 1: Can you just look up how much Jax charges for a cameo really quick?
Speaker 2: Do you do cameo? I do, but I've never had thirty two in a queue to do. I don't know if it's because his are like twenty dollars each, because are what.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty okay, so calculator one hundred and twenty two?
Speaker 2: Why one hundred and twenty two? He just randomly was like, I'm just going to attack on that extra two dollars.
Speaker 1: So he was making three thousand and nine hundred and four dollars doing cameos. I'm like, and I only charge ninety nine dollars and I'm not getting thirty two requests in a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Our producer saying, do you really believe he got thirty two cameos? But I don't. But you know, I don't know. Maybe I don't know. I got like three a week. I think I think they're just like, hey, why don't you guys talk about what you have going on? And He's all, I got, I've got thirty two cameos to do.
Speaker 1: I have cameos, I have the podcast, and then he has he has Jax's coming out. But then they're making making jokes about how Brittany can't give bjs why she's in recovery when we come to find they're not intimate at anyway. So I'm like, why are we even making this joke? That makes it even worse?
Speaker 2: I know, how much does that backfire on you when all this press comes out and you're making when you're making jokes about getting blowjobs when clearly you don't really want a blowjob, but he's probably getting Yeah, I was gonna say he's probably getting blowjobs. This is not from his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I can tell you when Edwin and I were on our dry spell after I had slate and things were rough on both sides, we weren't joking about sex. No, it was not a time where we were like, how about the blowjob later?
Speaker 2: You know that's never going to happen. You Like, No, there wasn't a joke. We just kind of brushed over it.
Speaker 1: Then Kristen talks about her rocky past relationship and how she met her new boyfriend Luke. It was right after she was with her last guy. They met at a wedding and ended up having sex behind a tent. I kind of want to know how many people Riston's had sex with.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're listening, Kristen, please send us the number. It's thirty two, same amount of cameos that Jash has.
Speaker 1: That's pretty close to my number, so I'm sure hers has got to be higher. Okay, And and your sexual partners, Emily, do you count.
Speaker 2: Just just that? Well, I've never just had I've never had that happen. What it's full throat all the time, You've never had like, no, why would that happen? Well, it's happened in what in what scenario would just that happen? Well?
Speaker 1: I have a scenario where I was at a club and then I started hooking up with a guy, and then he kept saying, can I just put the tip in?
Speaker 2: And I see, no, I have no I have quality guys there quality Teddy. See that's I go with quality. You clearly are just emphasizic.
Speaker 1: I realize why he said that, because then he was so small that he just claimed that it was the tip, even though it was.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. This is party trick. It was an.
Speaker 1: Awkward next day when I couldn't even fit in his boxer shorts because he was so tiny and general.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's smaller than you. At the time. Yes, it was a lever con. You had sex with a lever con at a club. I've always had a great taste. But then.
Speaker 1: We can already see that Luke's gonna have a hard hard time with this rib or.
Speaker 2: Luke, he just looked. His eyes are just wide. Luke Colorado has no idea what he's gotten into. Sure, Chris, all to La for the summer and fill the TV show with you. Sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: And then I'm going to be forced to get you pregnant all the time.
Speaker 2: Hang out with the rest of the my name.
Speaker 1: Then we get a glimpse into Danny and Nia's life with their three kids under two, including twin girls. Nia was Missy was saying in twenty fourteen, and Danny is a working actor.
Speaker 2: I got him when they were showing pictures of him acting when he was younger. I got him confused with the Taylor Latner. Does he look like him? He looks like when he was Yeah, I was like, was he was he on t Well?
Speaker 1: Weirdly, I was watching a Lifetime movie recently that was It was pretty great. It was like a stalker movie where a girl gets in a car crash and then she has amnesia, and then the new guy shows up and says he's the husband, but really he's not the husband. He's a stalker. Danny was the husband. He didn't have any speaking parts, but he was the husband. So I had I texted Nia.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh my gosh, we're just so Danny and love. He didn't talk, but he did a great job. He did a great job of being the husband.
Speaker 1: But you can kind of see I see some of like Nia. You can tell like she's a very good girl. She's very she's very pageant in the way that like life needs to be this way, this is what I projected for our life. And you can tell that she lives and breeze by that. And I feel like we're going to see that Danny is going to be pushing the boundaries a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good way to say it. She's very pageany. Yeah, like yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She s she's always been nothing but nice to me, always kind, whatever. But I think there's a little bit of like a shell, right, always performing a little bit like Jacal kind happy smiles but really yeah, when that other drows right, I was crazy twenty four to seven, So it's easier for me too, so there's no hiding my resting bitch face now. But then Jason and Janet are next. Jane is pregnant, and Jason gives a taste of what the experience is like by saran wrapping a watermelon to his stomach and two giant cantalopes to his chest. Not my favorite scene, but I do like these two.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a little corny, but you know whatever, you know, they were looking for a moment.
Speaker 2: What else are they going to do that?
Speaker 1: They you know, they had their sparkling apple cider and then they're like what else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what should we do? Now? Let's refort to you.
Speaker 1: Then Jesse and Michelle are last couple who we now know are separated, and it's obvious why.
Speaker 2: It's truly obvious.
Speaker 1: When Michelle's asked how she would describe her husband, she actually can't think of anything, not.
Speaker 2: One word, nothing, not a single thing. She's like a asshole bag, like they can't mistake.
Speaker 1: Then, apparently Jesse has never had Michelle as a screensaver on his.
Speaker 2: Phone, only the dog and their daughter.
Speaker 1: He claims it's because they work together and he has to look at her all day long.
Speaker 2: Yeh, that's so romantic. Okay, what's Edwin's screensaver? Does he have you?
Speaker 1: No, it's Slate, Slate put her own and it's one of those like three X ones where you're like, but I don't necessarily think a screensaver is a sign of your marriage is going to last or not last?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I mean Shane's had Kit the car Kit as his screensaver for like our entire marriage, so I don't take it personally. It's been fifteen years and it's always Kit Kit from like the League of their Own was like, that's an intro. I mean Kits as in the car from the eighties that David Hasselhoff drive. It's the night writing flag and sye writer is what I mean.
Speaker 1: So, just watching these intros, who are you rooting for the most?
Speaker 2: Like rooting for Well, Jesse, Michelle. I can't even with them. I do like Janet. I think she's funny, she gets some good sarcastic comments in there. And I like her husband. I think he's like the good, solid attorney husband. You know, he reminds me of Shane, except not funny. So it's not funny, not funny Shane look for.
Speaker 1: The compliment there, and then they go to lunch, where Kristen meets with her friends Zach and Jasmine.
Speaker 2: I know I've seen these people before. I don't know if that's being out or whatever they've been on vander.
Speaker 1: Pump Rules or what it is, but I'm like, I know I've seen Jasmine before. Zach was Brittany's best friend that now is Kristen's best friend.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, for Pete's sake.
Speaker 1: But Kristin's talking about how she's watching all of her friends getting married and having babies and she's wondering when it will be her time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I personally think if somebody doesn't live like Kristin, do I think you really want to have a baby with Luke if that is name, it's Luke Colorado, Louke Colorado.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you do.
Speaker 1: But I also know that if somebody is willing to move to the valley for the summer, it must be true love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I honestly, how does that work? Though? He's got seventy acres in Colorado and he's clearly not an LA kind of guy, So what's he gonna bean? I mean, I don't know I'm just guessing he did so good at top Golf right he was like, he was so awkward. I felt badly for him. I was like, these guys are just going to eat him alive. But yeah, I don't know why. I mean, why wouldn't you want to have a baby with someone who clearly lives in Colorado on seventy acres and probably will only visit Layah. I mean maybe it seems it seems like the perfect relationship to me to have a child in Yeah, right now. Then Brittany and Michelle at Nia's house while all the guys are golfing, Luke asks Jack's if he's gonna unblock him, and then Jack's is like, I don't even know if you're blocked, you know, like I don't even know who you are? Yeah, Like do you go here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But Jack, the epitome of morals and ethics, questioning how somebody chooses to live is pretty rich.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. It was all about Kristen and her choices. Why does he care? I mean every every scene was him like, do you guys know, did you know what she's gonna do? What do you think of that? Should? It was? I was like, should you not focus on maybe the thirty two cameos that you need to do and like the.
Speaker 1: And your wife, maybe you should some sort of that passion towards getting in with your wife. Unless about Kristin wanting to have a baby, Like, I get that, we're going to talk about it, but truthfully, if Kristin wants to.
Speaker 2: Have a baby with Luke from Colorado, she's you know, go for it. That's right, She's an adult woman. It's her choice. It's her choice. Then Jacks and Brittany go over to Jason's house. We see the sweating. He's like, it was self tanner. I'm like, dude, you know you've got a spray tan naked in your garage the night before? Please, of course you did, But I don't.
Speaker 1: I want to know what Brittany was doing the night before because she has a stamp on her hand, and I'm like, were you at a club last night?
Speaker 2: Is that why y'all are sweating so much? Right?
Speaker 1: Then we get to Janet's birthday party that Brittany's putting on, where they went County Fair theme.
Speaker 2: That was a good theme, Like, it is a good theme, But I have a question. I was always told granted I haven't gotten a tattoo in a.
Speaker 1: While, but that you're not supposed to drink alcohol when getting a tattoo because it thins your blood. But they're all pound in shots getting tatted up. I was like, yeah, I just looked it up. You shouldn't drink for twenty four hours before getting a tattoo either, your new tattoo would be considered an open wound, and alcohol.
Speaker 2: Delays the body's healing process. Alcohol also thins the blood, which can cause excess bleeding and set back the natural clotting and scabbing necessary for recovery. Well, listen, this tattoo artist clearly is not you know, they probably got him from craigslist. They're like, whatever, come in, can I do it to spring some tools. We'll set up a lawn chair in the in the living room. It'll be great. We'll set up a facialist chair.
Speaker 1: And get everybody tutted, and we'll give Jesse another excuse to fight with somebody else. But I do I would be fine with Brittany throwing a birthday party for me. I want all of those things actually too. I was like, I want an Emily County Fair. I'm from Ohio. I'm from Indiana, let's do it. But we'd have to like have a pig competition where that's what like my cousin's away did. They would like raise their pigs and then bring them and then have the little crops and like set up the pigs. Like I didn't see any I would like a little petting zoo, a little petting. I just like the corn dogs and the funnel cakes. I don't like a funnel cake, but I love a corn dog. I love a good corn dog too.
Speaker 2: Then Lala and Sheena and Brock of course show up to the party. Lala and Jacks of course talk about Kristen La.
Speaker 1: Lala comments, I think she throws that puss around and it shoots diamonds or something.
Speaker 2: Let's be dazzled. She be dazzled Vagina because she's always able to lock down a man. Then Jesse like, I didn't get the jokes.
Speaker 1: That Jesse was making to Lalla calling her his mistress, Like it wasn't he I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: I know. And then he's like and then he changed and he was like, oh not mistress side piece, like that was better. And then his wife's standing there like she's likely not saying anything. I don't know. That was an awkward moment. I didn't get it. I didn't think it was funny. It wasn't fun I was laala. If that was vander pumb rules, she would have gone off on him.
Speaker 1: But she's like, I'm just doing this as a favor to Brittany or Jack soph you don't mind, I'm just going to keep this moving, right. But then Kristin and Jesse are waiting in line to get tattooed. Kristin pinches Jesse's.
Speaker 2: He pinched her boob. No, but did you realize that Kristin pinched his first, Yes, but then he did it back. I feel like you can't do that.
Speaker 1: I feel like nipple pinching shouldn't happen regardless. Like I mean, Matt's sitting right here, our producer, and I'm not going to grab his nipple any okay.
Speaker 2: But if for some odd reason you just went unhinged and did pinch him in the nipple, but he pinched you back, that's where it's like, that's where it just gets really bizarre. Please don't pinch my back. They're fake. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: She gets upset clearly, and she feels like she has to put up with Jesse because of how close she is with Michelle.
Speaker 2: It's a bad.
Speaker 1: State of affairs that Jesse is coming off worse than Jack's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that, But they used some model together. I was like, I can't even picture these two like in New York Modeling. But I'm not sure it was New York Modeling. Where was it. I mean, I think they.
Speaker 1: Use the word model loosely. I don't remember seeing them on the cover of I Don't Know Men's Health. But then Jack still continue to talk about Kristin trying to get pregnant.
Speaker 2: How bad of an idea he thinks it is. This time he's telling Brock.
Speaker 1: Wallas sees the conversation happening and tries to intervene, bringing Sheena and Kristin with her. Kristen starts tearing up after hearing Jax criticize her life and decisions. Jenns, You're I mean, at least Tom Sandhaul makes himself likable.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he does occasionally, but Jax is like he's at zero for a hundred, like batting zero, like even.
Speaker 1: When he wouldn't blow up the one like thing for the dog, the corn dog yeah, the corn dog float and Brendany's like racing around like and he's just like, I need to heat.
Speaker 2: Up my macro plate or whatever he was trying to eat. I was like, for the love.
Speaker 1: And then this is where we start to see the things coming unraveled. You can already tell that Nia wants to go home. She's done. She probably feels bad for her nanny that's having to sit in the closet with her kids. Why she's doing this party and they go to take it. She's like, let's get a picture, and or he wants to get a protray. I can't remember who did. And then Jax comes down and pulls down his bathing suit and shows his finger to everybody.
Speaker 2: It shows his dog.
Speaker 1: Do you think she was crying because she thought it was an invasion of privacy or she didn't want anybody to see that it was just the tip, but it was the full.
Speaker 2: Thing, the ladder. Definitely. Definitely, She's like, now the world knows you're like. Plot twist. Teddy was with Danny. I get it. He was at the he's the god.
Speaker 1: He wasn't, guys, I never hooked up with Danny. Calm down. But then Neo walks out, she's, you know, starting to sob.
Speaker 2: Okay, would you sob? If someone walked up to Edwin at a pool party in polige sorts down? Would you cry?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't either. I would probably laugh, and then I'd have to fight with Shane and apologize for laughing. That's what happened. I don't think I would cry it all.
Speaker 1: But that's why I say she's got this pageant thing where everything has to look and be a certain way, and that was crossing the boundary for her. But my favorite part of this entire scene is Sheena's face, like, girl.
Speaker 2: You have absolutely idea what you signed up for. This isn't my USA anymore?
Speaker 1: To the Lion's den exactly, and getting his pants pulled.
Speaker 2: Down, right. If you're crying over that, girl, girl, girl, you know in danger, girl, your danger girl?
Speaker 1: This is who Because Danny didn't seem to mind that much, but also Jack seeming confused that somebody doesn't have underwear on underneath the bathing suit.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't know, I didn't know yet, no underwear on.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Cruise will wear underwear in her bathing suit, solely because he's too lazy to take his underwear off, Like, so it's just like racing, but like, could you imagine wearing a thong underneath your bikini bottom?
Speaker 2: Emil Like no, that's so odd. Then it's soaking wet. Yeah, and then it's caught and wet on you. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: And then the pisode ends with Janet dunking Jacks in the dunk Chink and an overview of the rest of the party. We get a preview of what's to come this season on the Valley, showing a potentially pregnant Kristen.
Speaker 2: I don't think she actually is pregnant. I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: Jack's opening his new bar, Brittany holding a pregnancy test.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's holding it for Kristin.
Speaker 1: But she claims her and Jackson never have sex anymore because he's not attracted to her. That part makes me sad, I know. And then Michelle blaming Kristen for ruining her marriage. I want to know what Kristen says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you How do you blame Kristen? I don't know. From all I've seen, I think Jesse does a great job ruining it at all on his own. He does not need any help from anyone else he's got this. I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, how do you feel, though, like, now that we've watched it, do you think that like this is going to be promising? Like there were parts watching this where I was like this, this is taking way too long. This could have been thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think again, when there's any news show, it takes a while. You have to get invested in the characters. And I don't know, I felt like the preview of what's to come looked interesting. So I'm slightly hooked. So all right, I think it's a good watch. We're in. We're in, so we'll keep updating you guys and doing recaps and yeah, we hope you enjoyed and we will talk to you next week. Thanks for listening, guys,