Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby Bone.
Speaker 2: That was really kid.
Speaker 3: It was really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened pretty low key other than yesterday, it's a big day.
Speaker 3: Stevenson got baptized.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, how was that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really special, Like it was just a really great moment for him and for our family. And even the way our church does it, you're kind of there's a lot of people getting baptized at once, and it happens really fast, like during the praise and worship, and so you're lined up and you go up and it's like up in the elevated in the ceiling and there's like a little tiny little pool, and so his dad and I and then his sisters to share us, so mebin Is to share. We're the ones up there. And then there's someone there that can baptize if you want, or mom or dad can do it. And Stevenson wanted both of us to do it, but that would be really difficult.
Speaker 5: A lot of people in the bowl.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you don't even have to get in though you like lean over. He's the only one in.
Speaker 3: There's like a little you can kneel at our church.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, you get all the way and back in the day, preacher were waiters. Oh yeah, it was up in front of church.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back in the church I grew up in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my preacher was preaching from inside the water in the at the front of the church.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and so Ben got to do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, we made that decision together, and Stevenson was okay with it, and I was okay with it. But Ben took him down and then brought him back up and to Sharon and I.
Speaker 3: Were right there by his side.
Speaker 4: But it was just a good family moment because obviously, given our dynamic with Ben and I are not being together, but that we could come together in that moment and it felt like we're still a family, and it was really special. My sister was watching on the live stream in Colorado and she sent me screenshots and it's kind of funny. There's this one picture the witch she got and I think it is just coincidence, but Stevenson's coming up.
Speaker 3: But Stevenson was sort of like resisting. I wasn't making it easy.
Speaker 4: And Ben to go down to come back up like he had dipped him and coming back up, and Ben's like face, he looks like he's like struggling, like like to get him out of the water, and I'm like, oh my gosh, thank goodness it wasn't me, because I probably would have dropped him back into the pool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was really special.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be fourteen this weekend, which is crazy his birthdays and Saturday, so it's happened at like a good time. And just even thinking back over the last few years, like how much he's grown and matured, and yeah, it was just cool.
Speaker 5: Lusch walks. Would you do?
Speaker 2: Uh what do? We did a lot of errands this and that, just really getting ready for kindergarten. I mean, hanging out at the house. Nothing exciting. We did go to Monster Jam.
Speaker 5: The whole family day yeah, monster trucks yeah, and such headaches those things.
Speaker 2: I was pretty loud.
Speaker 5: Do you take air plugs or do not want to be wimpy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to be a whimp.
Speaker 5: Does your wife with air plugs? Nope?
Speaker 2: Then and the kids didn't have ear plugs either until it started. And then my two year old started crying. I had to go buy your plus for but just him, just him, another two I was like, nope, you guys are toughing it out.
Speaker 5: Oh, I would leave that thing with such a headache. It was I mean, it was it fun though they have a good time.
Speaker 2: Oh, they loved it, loved it, and so I mean, yes, they were rules. Engines are so loud. You don't realize it until they start reving them, and they rev them for like eight seconds. They're doing donuts and smashing cars and the kids are just going bananas. A lot of people there, yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 5: Lorgan your weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh it was good.
Speaker 2: I mean I did a lot of relaxing and hanging out of my house and hanging some pictures up.
Speaker 5: So nothing really super exciting this weekend.
Speaker 3: I slept a.
Speaker 5: Lot, played some pickleball this weekend, which is kind of the thing. Now my feet, my tendon's on my feet. I think that's the age thing. They hurt so bad app tendonitis down there. And then yesterday rich Eisen came over to my house to record a podcast. And he's very famous from the ESPN days way back in the day. It was one of the sports and rancors and he works for NFL net right now, host a Hall of Fame and does his own national sports I went to fill in for him in La on his sports show.
Speaker 3: But oh that's why I know him.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, face recognized him.
Speaker 4: Yes, I totally recognize face, but I mean even his name. I guess you're filling him for him at that from that, yeah, because yeah, but definitely recognize him.
Speaker 5: I was talking to him about his fame because to somebody like me or a lunchbox, like, he's been wildly famous in the sports world for thirty years and I'm just like, what is it like to be you and everybody know who you are? But famous? So fractured now still, but again, he was super famous when they were like seven options, and so we were talking about people coming up and like asking him for a picture and stuff and you know, getting recognized, and sometimes only one of them will recognize him.
Speaker 6: Some dude stops me and says, bitch, Eisen, can we take a picture? And I'm like yeah, and he's like, love you man, this that the other thing, and he turns around as I'm and his wife says.
Speaker 5: Who's that? Who's that? Like out loud, yeah.
Speaker 6: And I laughed, you know what I mean, Like I'm just gonna laugh and not turn around and say what do you like it's just there's different, you know, walks of life and just trying to cross over as much as I possibly can and get my material out there.
Speaker 5: But it kind of just was funny that she would say, who's that? So loud is so close to him? Right? He was like, I don't know, because I was talking about when people will come up and I gave anse went to the All Star Game and somebody listened to the shows, Can I get a picture? And so sure, So somebody came up afterward and was like, hey, can I get a picture? I'm like sure, and they took the picture, like who are you again? I just thought you take a picture with them? So now I got to explain to them and I don't mind, but it's just a weird place to put me in to go like well, and then they're not impressed. After that, they probably you know, deleted the picture. But his point was sometimes it's just weird when someone's like, who was that you just took a picture with? He's like, maybe say a little choets, so it protects me a little bit. What was that? But he came over to the houses. It was super cool. Matt Overton came to play pickleball. Yesterday. My wife wasn't feeling great on Saturday, so we just kind of hung out at the house pretty much all Saturday.
Speaker 3: But Matt was he there when Eisman was there.
Speaker 5: You're getting the Heisman to look at her again, Richmanmanman, You're saying the same word, just with a different inflections. Oh yeah, Okay, No, he.
Speaker 4: Can because I didn't know if they knew each other because he played football.
Speaker 5: No, no, Matt, No, No, they didn't know each other. Matt came over to play pickleball afterward after rich left to fly back. Rich was in Cleveland doing the Hall of Fame, and he flew down to Nashville for like twelve hours and then flew out to LA to meet with you. Yeah, he did two things while he was here. Came to my house and went to do Busting with the Boys with Taylor Lawe so because both of us are here in Nashville. So we did that and then went back home. Super nice. I've actually I talked to him on the phone. I've talked to my FaceTime, but I never met him in person because when I would go fill in for him, he wasn't there obviously. So it was the first time i'd like seen him.
Speaker 3: Are you going to fill him from again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he asked, Well, I was gonna fill him for him a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't able. Some stuff changed and I was not able to do that. Yeah, hopefully it's fine. It's fun to do that. Yeah, that was the weekend there. Watched a lot of the Olympics as well, the sprinting. That's pretty cool. Did you watch that lunchbox live?
Speaker 2: I watched it live. It was awesome. I mean I've been watching everything. I mean I was watching uh, kayak racing, dude, that was so cool. They drop off a platform and then it's go, go, go go, they gotta go. I mean it is so fun.
Speaker 5: I love the they go on between the poles on kayak racing.
Speaker 2: They got to go around the pole. Yeah. Yeah, there's like poles on the right or the left, so you get to pick which one you go around. And you had to go around him and it's like and I saw him flip under like there's a little poll and they got flipped under and roll over and get back up. I mean, it's so fun.
Speaker 5: I watched a little bit of the women play basketball. Man, nobody's going to the women.
Speaker 2: I didn't even watch that.
Speaker 5: I mean, and we're winning, We're five times in a row. We gonna be the Olympic champs. But nobody's going. If they had put Calea Clark on the team, it had been a whole different story. People are going to other countries women, but they don't. Nobody cares about the US women's basketball team. It's crazy. They're always one of the lower attended games.
Speaker 3: They don't try to lower people.
Speaker 5: That's not a word.
Speaker 3: That's why killers like you get a prize, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think so.
Speaker 2: It's not like an award show where they were People.
Speaker 3: Probably be super helpful, you know, and the energy is better some.
Speaker 5: Of the games between some of the countries, like twenty thousand people there, US like eight.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked how many people go to some of those games. Like I was watching field hockey and it was jam packed, and I was like, I don't really understand why people are but I watched it. H the ski shooting a ton of people there and there was controversy. I feel bad for the woman that lost because they went into a shootoff where you got to hit the two targets and she the replay shows her hit it and it a little bit chips off, like, no, we're not going to video replay. You missed it and she got the silver.
Speaker 5: Why would they not go to video replay? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't visit a role about how many replays you can go to like a challenge in the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's a great question. I don't know. And then I watched the one with the swords fencing, Yeah, and we were going for a bronze against France and we were dominating, dominating. We were up like thirteen to six. Next thing you know, they just smoked us and then one guy beat us in a match eight to zero, so they took eight points, we got zero.
Speaker 5: And it was like, oh they ever do that with like real swords in the Olympics. I wonder if fencing was ever actual sword fighting and maybe not to the death, but like when you cut somebody, like oh, when you draw blood, Like fencing had to at some point been actual swords and people fighting. Yeah, back in them had to be old school days. I saw where we won their Golden golf though scottis Scheffler hit the yeah, like a sixty two on his final day and they took off all their hats amy to get up on the one two three stand, and they're all their foreheads of the top three, they're pale as crap, and their faces are all brown. You never see them without their hats on, but they weren't. They play golf all the time. Yeah, and their face from like the eyes down brown as could be. They pulled their hats off. I mean, baby's butt white.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 5: And all three of them were up there on the pedestal doing that. Yeah, and then we won.
Speaker 2: The woman won. She won the bike race like it's like a I didn't. They went like one hundred and twenty miles in one day, one hundred and fifty miles in one day. She won USA, USA.
Speaker 5: Do you see the Korean guy who did not finish top three in golf and so he has to go do military service?
Speaker 2: Now, Oh, it's terrible if what happened, that is so terrible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you finish, and I believe it's South Korea, Yeah that North Korea as no, but in South Korea, the mandatory military service for all men and unless you medal at the Olympics is one of the ways out. And so he was in the running, like he was up there to finish the top three and then he didn't, and they had a video of him doing his score game. He's pretty emotional that he didn't hit the top three, and so now he has to go to military service.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: South Koreans are exempt from military service if they win any medal at the Olympics or a gold medal from the Asian Games, and he was close.
Speaker 3: Where what are the Asian Games?
Speaker 5: I would assume they're like the North American Games, but I don't know if those are either, So.
Speaker 4: I just think Hunger Games, Like what are they doing?
Speaker 5: I would assume it's just like an Olympics by just for Asian countries.
Speaker 2: Just think about how much pressure you're like, you're not thinking about just winning a gold medal, Okay, cool, You're thinking like, okay, I get out of military service.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I feel like if I was competing next to him, I'd be like, dang, I really need him to medal like I will. I don't want him to have to go do something he doesn't want to do.
Speaker 5: I think that, but then go, ah, screw it. I have worked so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I want the gold. I want the silver.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: The Asian Games it's a continental multi sport of men held every fourth year among athletes from all over Asia. The Games were regulated by the Asian Games Federation in New Delhi, India, nineteen fifty one. It's basically like the don't they do like the World Championships, but they're a mirror. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They do a lot of like different tournaments.
Speaker 5: They do lots of stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, we did have one swimmer she got disqualified. She would have bronzed in some competition, and they said she didn't do her backstroke the full all the way on her back, the full length of the mole way. Yeah. I think she's from Nashville.
Speaker 5: She got dq They show the video over not doing the backstroke.
Speaker 2: And I can't listen when they're swimming. It all looks the same to me. I thought it was fine, but I might if they say it then.
Speaker 5: But I watched like two times, and I feel like I could be a judge.
Speaker 4: Okay the keyword, you feel like you could be a judge.
Speaker 5: But I was like two of anything. The second time I watched, I'm like, oh my god, the second judge this really.
Speaker 2: Because I mean the fencing. They went to the judges all the time.
Speaker 5: But the fencing's weird because they didn't like the little yeah, like.
Speaker 2: The line up and sometimes it goes off like laser tag, and then they're like, oh no, no, I hit him first, And they'll review the video and they're like, oh, yeah, you did hit him first, it just didn't go off, and they'd give the point.
Speaker 5: So they give it. It is like laser tag. I square to god, I shot you and your your thing. You just didn't go off.
Speaker 2: And who knew. In fencing there was yellow cards and red cards. Don't know what they got him for, but they were throwing yellow cards and red cards. I mean it was wild.
Speaker 5: I bet you've got to be so rich in America to no fencing, Like as a kid, can you imagine the neighborhoods fencing is in, or like the school districts. There's got to be really rich school districts. We didn't even have a baseball field. We for sure didn't have swimming. Our track didn't have concrete or asphalt. It was dirt and we had to go practice on others. So we weren't going to have fencing.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where you get fencing. I bet you.
Speaker 5: Fencing is like way after lacrosse, because lacrosse is starting to blow up on the West coast, East coast right there. So you know, I think most schools have basketball because basketball is the cheapest to have, because there would be schools in our conference that only had basketball. They were only basketball schools. Okay them baseball if they wanted to have a team. Now we had a baseball team, but we didn't have a field. Football is expensive, but in the South, especially football is a priority, So I would go football then track.
Speaker 2: I feel like track has to be everywhere because it's just run.
Speaker 5: But it's like coaches, right, No one's going to hire just a track coach at a school where so the football coach or the basketball coach is going to have to be the track coach as well. Ours as well, coach gan Off was also the track coach. I'd put track after football because you really only got a track team if you had a football team. And I don't know any schools that only have a track team without a football team or a basketball team. Track is cheaper, but usually that's a spin off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably not the main We didn't have swimming.
Speaker 3: Pool about wrestling, because that's.
Speaker 5: I'm sure in parts of the country that we had wrestling priority and it is not an expensive sport. Yeah, wrestling probably you could have. Did you guys have swimming?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't swimming.
Speaker 4: I mean we did, but our school didn't have a pool, so I feel like if there's people that swam, they had met somewhere else to swim, and then they competed cheerleading.
Speaker 5: But ours really wasn't competitive. Ours was just you just do dances. Oh yeah at the games.
Speaker 3: I was a cheerleader.
Speaker 4: We were not competitive because obviously if I made the team, like.
Speaker 2: Ours was just a popularity contest. If you're a popular you got voted on the cheerleading squad. If you want to be on it, then it was.
Speaker 5: We did not have a golf team, but a golf team doesn't take much money to have because you don't have to have a golf course. You just need somebody to drive the people to the to a course. But we didn't have because nobody played golf where I came from. I worked on a golf course, but I never really played golf because golf was a sport for people that had a little bit of money usually so we never but like equestrian, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what that is. Oh no, I watched they had a horse galloping the other night and I was watching it and literally they were just in one little square and I thought, okay, they're gonna do tricks. And they went around that square probably twenty times, and it looked at the they didn't do anything except for walk around the scare square twenty times. They're like, oh, this is just beautiful. She is really controlling that horse. I'm like, she's doing the exact same thing. She's not doing like spins or flips or anything. Literally just try like the horse to talk. I wanted to do something, and my son was like, they probably were that, we just didn't. I didn't see it.
Speaker 5: We probably wouldn't have known the intricacy of why what they were doing was amazing.
Speaker 2: No, I understand. But my son was like, dead out, can we go to the one where they jump things? And I was says dead, I, well, I had to I can't. I had to say what he said. I have to do the exact quote or she wouldn't understand. And I'm like, I don't know. He goes, let's go watch canoeing because he was like, I'm done with it. This is boring? Is crap?
Speaker 5: A questrian is the most expensive kids sport.
Speaker 2: I would think, what is Oh, that's the jumping horses thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ice hockey is at too, but I think a lot of people, especially in cold States, ice hockey is a for sure sport. Like football, they are able if the school has it. They provide a lot of the equipment, pads, like football, they provided the pads, you know, helmets, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had golf at our school.
Speaker 5: Fencing is number three an expense. I just can't imagine a school unless it is so so so rich to have fencing.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. High school would have fencing.
Speaker 5: There's got to be a high school fencing league. We look up high school fencing leagues in America. But do you have a high school fencing in Florida? No way, dude. I think lacrosse was our most fancy thing. Yeah, lacrosse is a pretty fancy sport.
Speaker 3: Is this like a boarding schools or something?
Speaker 5: Maybe, Whether you're eager to fence at your high school or keen on initiating a high school fencing program, USA fencing is here to assist you every step of the way. So there must be high school fencing. I like fencing. Maybe it was like the wisest who didn't want to have sword fight, But who's gonna But there's not a place, right, I do have a high school All American fencing team, Tennessee State High School Fencing Championships. They have some in Tennessee. Huh, all students. I don't know anyway, that.
Speaker 2: Fencing was interesting to watch though, I mean there was a couple of times.
Speaker 5: They actually just ask that we can't see their face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they had the and they have the flag of whatever country you're representing on your mask.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 2: That was cool. And they actually did some dodging, like where they were able to like move around.
Speaker 5: I was like, whoa soccer We didn't have soccer team, but I would think cities with more of a population, a slightly diverse population would have soccer team.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We ours was not diverse. It was black and white. That's it. Nobody knew soccer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean going out, I mean countries, Yeah, we had soccer, but like going out, you just kick a ball.
Speaker 5: But I would think in Texas though, because of the proximity Texas, Mexico, Mexico. That's their main sport, soccer, right, Yeah, do you guys have a good soccer team?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were good.
Speaker 5: Were they better in South Texas than they are.
Speaker 2: In depended different type of soccer?
Speaker 5: What do you mean different type?
Speaker 2: I mean they were just more I mean they were a little more physical than we than our soccer. I mean they were rough, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like street soccer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I don't think they had maybe refs growing up.
Speaker 3: See, I always felt like growing up like they.
Speaker 2: Didn't really know what a foul was, you know what I mean, Like you go South, there was a little more physical Away was the more finesse.
Speaker 5: No, okay, no, the richer schools be more finesse, like in Dallas. Yeah, they have more finesse, I'd say, So that's funny they didn't have refs growing up. Okay, let's take a break. Let's say a little mid roll here. So starting next week, we are going to alter the name of the mail Bag. It'll still be the mail Bag. A couple of things have happened. Number One, I messed up in somebody's name last week when I shouldn't have sad their name, remember that. I don't know if it was greg. I think it was Gregor Craig or something. I don't remember. Number two is say it again when they they do like research on the show, which they do about once every two years, and basically what they'll do is and not super in depth, but they'll just play a segment and they'll have people as they listening, like push up arrow if they like it and want to keep listening, push down arrow if they don't like it. And the mailbag researches really well. People love the segment, but with an asked about it, it's such a generic name. They were they were like, I don't know whatever that segment was where they gave advice, so they couldn't really associate what it was with what it was like. They liked it while it was on, but they couldn't name and it was such a generic name anyway. So because of those two things, we've changed the name. What's it called mikeymous Inbox. It's okay, it's called the anonymous inbox because I have to remember to keep people anonymous. And then two, it's still a way you can still email us. But also that name has more of a texture to it, the anonymous Inbox. It's fun to say people remember it, well, we don't know yet, but and then at the end, yeah, at the end, I still say mailbag. So I want to read who does our jingle that comes on the second half of the podcast and the radio show that goes wake Up, Wake Up in the morning. And he wrote that song and I sent him a note and I was like, hey, and I sent him kind of a melody, but he definitely did his own thing here. I said, can you make us like a fifteen to twenty second jingle for the anonymous Inbox? Now, we currently have a mail bag song which Sydy ray. When you play the mailbag song, do.
Speaker 7: You send the gamemail?
Speaker 1: And we read it all the air.
Speaker 3: It's something we call Bobby's mail Bag.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People know the song, by the way, they just don't really know what the mailbag is, but they so Reed has made a song for the Anonymous Inbox. Hit it.
Speaker 7: It's the Anonymous Inbox. Anonymous Inbox. There's a question to be.
Speaker 5: The man and then the music plays and I talk over the music. It's fine one definitely, definitely so. But I said it to him. I was like, hey, can you do this. I'm like, twelve hours later he sent that back and then all day long singing it's the anonymous sindbox, the anonymous sydbox. There's a question to be had, send it into the mail bag. Forty good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: So starting next week we won't do it this week, same time, everything except it'll be called the anonymous inbox, which then tells me keep it anonymous. Even if I forget to take their name off the email, I've got to keep it anonymous. And two, it gives it a little texture for when we do the bit and people have to recall the segment if you want.
Speaker 4: I feel like people may start to share more details because they're like, it's a reminder than too, oh, this is anonymous.
Speaker 5: Great point. One more time right from the top, hit that anonymous.
Speaker 7: It's the anonymous inbox, anonymous syndbox.
Speaker 2: Here's a question to be.
Speaker 3: Kind to the man.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, hey, this is from Greg, but that's it. So starting next week we'll get that on and then Read just sings every jingle since we can't use songs anything not as well does ever read sing everything at this point, So there's.
Speaker 3: That we need him to do. Winning songs for everybody please thinks.
Speaker 5: I can't play those. I know. I pay him though extra, because I do pay him. He works for me, full salaried to do. He travels and takes pictures for work stuff. Nobody goes on vacation with my wife and I take pictures. She usually props them up on stuff the phone, or we asked them to take a picture. But people sometimes are like, who do you take with you to take these pictures? We can't believe you go on vacation with a camera person. We don't if I tour or I'm traveling, or we're shooting too much access or any of those shows. Reid goes because Red's also doing video for this read does all of my non show digital meaning non radio show. But he also is a good singer. But I paid him to do that extra.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you could pay him to do our songs.
Speaker 5: You're missing the point. I had to pay him. It's a lot, you know, it's money. They get to keep paying him money for all this stuff, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So so we could all pay him individually to do our song.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I'm not paying them to do my song, but.
Speaker 5: Your song has not been on the podcast in months. Like the person listening to this now has not heard your winning song, and literally months, they don't even know what it is. It could be a new podcaster, they have no idea. They're like a winning song.
Speaker 4: Well that's they just hear you go and they say that I don't even hear that.
Speaker 2: That's unfortunate.
Speaker 5: But we don't have the ability to separate files. We may in our new place, but it doesn't matter. We can't pull channels and take that off but keep everything else.
Speaker 2: But then read would have to pay DJ called and I don't think he wants to do that.
Speaker 5: No, he would just be a whole different song.
Speaker 3: You'd get a customized song just for you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, we're sticking with all of those.
Speaker 5: When that so you would rather and it's your choice, Well I'm not. No, I'm not giving him a choice because I'm not making a song.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 4: I think we should made songs, but I mean I also think we should all go on a trip or hang out or do something together.
Speaker 2: But you're just lonely.
Speaker 5: I think you started really filling this plight once you got anything about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the big D And I don't mean Dallas.
Speaker 3: What do you mean.
Speaker 5: When you divorced? But I just yeah. Nathan and Kim Maker returned home last week. They went scuba diving and they were diving off the coast in Freeport, Texas. While on the water, their dives were cut short due to malfunction with a piece of equipment on the way up to the surface. All the divers were using a line to get them back to the boat. One of the women in their group lost her hand on the line and it was drifting out. I think we had a bit of this story last week, but now they're back and talking about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we were like, how did that happen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the woman that he helped was able to make it back, but he and Kim, his wife, did not. They stayed stranded out in the water. They saw a shining light from an oil rig north from where they were floating. They were for forty hours. They were floating almost two full days, forty hours. They swam nine hours toward the direction the light, Like, that's how far it was. They spent for nine hours. A massive storm hit. They were just in the storm in the water. Once the storm was moved away, the light was gone. That's either how far I moved them or whatever that light it was. But the light wouldn't have moved if it was an oil rig, so that storm must have moved them. The second day on the water, they heard the miracle. It was the US Coastcard coming to the rescue and they shot a KFO or that is crazy that they lived and think of their family. It's like, are their friends that know they're out in the water and they're like, they're gone, and for two days you think they're gone. They're they're gone in your mind, they're gone, They're done.
Speaker 4: I guess when you're in the water, if you're like, if you're in that situation, I mean, you have to believe, like we're going to get rescued. You have to stay a positive and focused because you have to if you're the minute you give up, like I just feel like you're going to surrender.
Speaker 3: To the water.
Speaker 5: Like luckily they had floats right there because since they were scubav and they whatever, they weren't just having a dog pedal. But still you're right, it'sn't even a dog pedals dog paddal, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? And would you have to ditch their oxygen tank?
Speaker 5: You always think, so why do you need it? See, it's just wait at that point, right.
Speaker 2: Have to, But they clipped to each other's they wouldn't separate.
Speaker 5: August fiels longer than most months because of the heat and the fact there is not a single federal holiday this month, only a month federal holiday, or maybe they're only a few.
Speaker 3: Well, then right at the top of September you get a holiday.
Speaker 2: What about June? Is there any holidays in June?
Speaker 3: The first Monday in September?
Speaker 5: Okay, January June, New Year's Day June tenth, that's true. Now February, but Valentine's Day is not not a federal holiday.
Speaker 2: President.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna I just assume you guys are right, because I don't know the dates these are.
Speaker 2: In January is usually my calendar.
Speaker 5: Huh. There are no federal holidays in April, federal holiday, New Year's Day, January, Martin Luther King Day January fifteenth, Washington's Birthday February nineteenth. We have January, February. Nothing in March.
Speaker 2: April's Easter.
Speaker 5: April not always sometimes it's in March. Really Memorial Day May twenty seventh, so May June is June teenth, July fourth Independence Day, July fourth August. Where we are now September, there's Labor Day, October, there's Columbus Day. November, there's Veterans Day and Thanksgiving and then Christmas. So it's just April and August or the only two without that's a fun trivia question. Maybe not fun to you guys, but for.
Speaker 2: Me, I'll remember that that's not that fun.
Speaker 5: Those are the two days that two months I don't have.
Speaker 3: What are we waiting on throwing a holiday?
Speaker 5: Let's enough holidays? Final thing? Once talk, we haven't heard of Nvidia stock check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we've been trying to keep it kind of quiet over here.
Speaker 3: What happened? I don't even know.
Speaker 5: We bought all this stock. Lunchbox convinced us to put a bunch of money with him.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's you have to be patient with stocks.
Speaker 5: Well, no, not not king dangling a stock that's gonna make us a ton of money. According to no, no patience here.
Speaker 2: In the last month, our total portfolio, it's down one thousand and fifty five dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Oh no, I didn't like it was that much.
Speaker 2: Oh No, today alone, today alone, we're down three hundred and fourteen.
Speaker 5: Dollars, and Ray, if you're gonna laugh out loud, turn your mic up. Doomsday? What happened?
Speaker 2: You gotta sell that crap.
Speaker 5: We all put our money and Lunchbox made us buy these stocks as a group. And he was so sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the it's going to come back.
Speaker 5: What's the deal?
Speaker 2: Hey, you want to hear the positive though? Yes, our total turn on the video to this day.
Speaker 5: This is the one you believe in more than anything.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, even though we're down, Yeah, go ahead, we're oh it just went down again. Uh, overall, we're up sixteen dollars and seventy seven cents.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Now we're up twenty four dollars.
Speaker 3: See how quickly things can change?
Speaker 2: Now nineteen?
Speaker 5: How are we down one thousand dollars in our Bybone.
Speaker 2: Show portfolio that we've been taking a blood bath?
Speaker 5: Where do we fall?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, we're right now? Positive?
Speaker 5: Oh my gos, what stocks do we fall the most?
Speaker 2: Video? Everything's down? Oh my goodness, Academy Sports Outdoors. Now I just tainked, dang man.
Speaker 5: How much is in our total portfolio?
Speaker 2: Four eight, two hundred and seventy three dollars? We just went down under fifteen.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, So what do we do to bounce back there?
Speaker 2: Well, according to my experts on here, it says, right now is the time to buy the video.
Speaker 5: Now we've already spent all our money in the video.
Speaker 2: It says ninety percent buyna video right now. It says do not sell bye bye bye, and you can get it low right now?
Speaker 5: What do you what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: We should buy, we should buy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is how.
Speaker 5: This you want to send? Send you more money?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, this is how the big players do.
Speaker 5: This is how the ball we go broke right now?
Speaker 2: The video is ninety nine dollars a pop right now, So how many do we want to buy?
Speaker 5: How about Amy and I just send you a hundred bucks each and you will buy three more shares?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so send me one hundred and five dollars one five because there's fees.
Speaker 3: Is that your own personal fee?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, the app takes a fee. Like I'll put in three hundred dollars and be like, you don't have enough buying power because there's a fee to buy each stock.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll send you that. We want to update in a couple of weeks. But right now we've lost a thousand bucks in the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, we were taking it killing man. I was not going to bring it up. I was like, man, we're moving on from the video, but you guys want to talk about it, we'll talk about You have to bring it up.
Speaker 5: It's our money.
Speaker 2: Yeah we okay? Oh man, all.
Speaker 5: Right, we're done. I hope everybody has a great rest of the day. We will see you guys tomorrow. Morgan's podcast is up today. Morgan for the podcast listeners that maybe didn't hear the show, who's on your podcast today?
Speaker 2: I have on Doctor Solomon and Kylie Morgan.
Speaker 5: How you can you can hit that out clear again?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, guys. Oh man, we're only up eight dollars total on the video for the lifetime. But let's buy some more.
Speaker 3: I'm sending you right now. Are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing it, man.
Speaker 3: Bobby, are you doing this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: You want me to look at some other stocks? No, no, we'll get some good at stocks.
Speaker 5: Check out Morgan's podcast. All right, she's dying over there, all right, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: W Wait, what is Solana?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, not do any more sex. We'll see we'll see it tomorrow by everybody,