Speaker 1: So here's the thing that I'm learning. I guess a lot of people aren't smoking weed anymore. They're now eating it.
Speaker 2: I am a.
Speaker 3: Combination of many different things.
Speaker 1: You know what, I like to smoke. I hear you because I like to smoke that ship. And let me tell you. Let me tell you why you get way more stoned when you smoke it than when you eat it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Sometimes one doesn't want to be that messed up and you just want a light little tingle.
Speaker 1: When who doesn't want to be Listen, man, that light little tingle is like spidy senses to me. Man, that shit's like a ANX.
Speaker 2: No, you're you're a large man. You're a large man.
Speaker 1: And also that it's like trucks coming, that light little tingle.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I want the.
Speaker 1: Light little tingle. I want to be knocked out, like the whole body tingle, like a truck's coming.
Speaker 2: Those of us, there are those of us out there that kind of just want a light little Ooh that flower looks really red.
Speaker 1: My weed shop, My weed shop, I walk in and there, like your back already. I mean, I'm not complaining, but geez, kidd.
Speaker 2: I love that you probably keep the lights on in that place. You like, you're like Norman Cheers.
Speaker 1: They got a nickname for me and everything.
Speaker 2: Man, I woke up singing your song today?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: What you're trying to get into a day is soon?
Speaker 1: What you're trying to do get into?
Speaker 2: When Donald and I used to be young and go out, we would, uh, we would text it. I guess we would probably call each other like, Yo, what you're trying to get into tonight?
Speaker 1: Try to get into tonight?
Speaker 2: What you're trying to get into tonight?
Speaker 1: That used to be to go to When we'd be at work, it would be like it would be like six o'clock and we get off early. Let's say it was a Wednesday, and we'd get off that around you know, nine or ten, and that around nine or ten that's when the club kind of opens up.
Speaker 2: Right, You'd be like, yo, yo, what you're trying to get into?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd have work, Like you don't have to be a work until ten o'clock in the in the in the morning tomorrow. It would be like, yo, dude, I don't got work till ten. What about you? I don't got work till ten?
Speaker 2: What you're trying to get into. And then and then now that we're old, we're just say it like jokingly, like, yo, what you're trying to get into tonight? We're like, I'm trying to go to sleep, and I'm trying to get in my bed, right, I'm trying. But then then something and then as we've told you, Donald's name in the middle name is a day of shoon. So then it became a song. I don't know if I wrote it or you r I think I wrote.
Speaker 1: You wrote it.
Speaker 2: What you're trying to get into a day of shune? What you're trying to do, but I open it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a sesame stroke Street song one, two three, four, five.
Speaker 2: Six, eleven twelve.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to get into a day of shoon? What you're trying to do? You had five, six, seven, eight nine, ten, eleven twelve. I'm trying to stay out till one two three, four five six.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 2: I like it when you do it because you add a little sauce. You're like trying to get into what.
Speaker 1: He is that Algero man.
Speaker 2: We would tell you Algae rot it up, you Algie rote it up.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to get into? This is Welcome to the stoned out version of Fleet Doctors and real Friends.
Speaker 2: Well, listen every morning a navigator Today, Almost every morning I wake up singing a song. And I don't know if I've thought about it in my sleep or what, but I hum, assuming I'm in a good mood, which is often, I have a little song while I'm doing my morning pee and I'm just bopping my head to something and you never know what it's going to be. But this morning it was what you're trying to get in to. I don't want to try to do.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to do. Oh man, I missed those days. I missed those days of what you're trying to get?
Speaker 2: What's a place called Joseph's We used to go to.
Speaker 1: There was Joseph's and that was just off a Yuka? Yeah, and Ivar.
Speaker 2: Isn't there a line in in Is It Made? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Made? Do you think I'm trying to spend the rest of my life living on Yuka?
Speaker 2: That's uh? That's Vince Vaughan in the very very underrated movie Made. I think it's uh.
Speaker 1: Because you stole my van and I don't like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you haven't seen Made, she made John Favreau and Vince Vaughan. It was after Swingers, and they were it was like, I think Favreau's next film after that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that they had blown up after like the two of them.
Speaker 2: Oh so yeah, they blew up and they did other stuff, but that was the next movie they did together.
Speaker 1: They came back and did this one again.
Speaker 2: And the only thing funnier than made is watching the outtakes. You gotta watch, Vince v I don't know if we have you talked about this yet on the podcast. We're aready geting the point where I do't remember if've said this, righty, But haven't you got to watch if you want to laugh your ass off, watch Vince Vaughn riffing like only Vince Vaughan could back in the day and making sh up and Favreau's struggling to get through the scene. And it is hilarious.
Speaker 1: The two of them together. Man, that shit is magic. Like they should really go back. I know, they're both very grown now and both very seasoned now.
Speaker 2: Also the magic's loss though maybe I don't know, man, because some of it was they were so young, and I mean, Swingers was just fucking incredible, and they were just so young and wide eyed, and they had just the most amazing banter and and they were improbus like crazy, and it was just I don't know, Vince Vaughn was the quickest mofo in the world back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you something right now, man, I think they're both so like look at us, man. I think if we were to do Scrubs now, knowing what we know about comedy and about the industry and about timing and about making television and stuff like that, if we were to go back and start all over from the beginning with our knowledge, Scrubs would have been way more funny. That's like anything, it would have been way more funny. I think the two of them still have their you know, I think they still have their their their their connection, their magic, their magic. And if they were to go out there and do another I would personally love to see another incarnation of the two characters from Swingers. Uh Allah made whatever we made.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyone that's seen made other than you and I. But that's bullshit, man. It was not.
Speaker 1: It was not.
Speaker 2: It was not a hit or not a popular movie.
Speaker 1: I don't think, oh man, such a good movie. Cardiff Giants all of that stuff, and then how Vince Vaughn spent all the money in one night and everything. Come on, man, thatsh It's just so it's such a.
Speaker 2: Good and then the scene I love when they when they get their per diem and then and he's He's like, so this is my prittium, right. Vin Swam's character can't get can't get his head around the idea that he just gets cash.
Speaker 1: So this is my prettim, this is this is your Yes, he starts handing money out on the plane because this is how in this movie too. Yes, he yes.
Speaker 2: And Sam Rockwell plays a guy who works at the hotel. They're saying it like it's supposed to be like the Mercer hotel down in second So yeah, right, and you get a goldfish, remember he plays. We can do a podcast on made Donald. We should do a special episode, by the way, and then we should do one day. Let's say we really keep liking this and we run out of episodes. Yeah, I don't know if we're gonna do season nine. We'll just we should do season nine, but then we should start doing this for movies we love like, we'll just like do a rewatch of our favorite films.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do that. Maybe we could get the guests of our favorite ps.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool, you know what I mean? Yeah, we could have We could have Vince Vaughan and uh and John.
Speaker 1: If we got see that's the problem though. If John Favreau was on our podcast, I don't know how long I would be able to hold out before asking him for a job in Star Wars or Marvel. I don't know how long I'd be able to hold out. Probably, bless you.
Speaker 2: That's probably why he doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: Uh, come on, I'm yeah, that's probably exactly why a lot of.
Speaker 2: These guys, like I imagine, you know, John Fabrel's of the world or people that get entrenched in the Star Wars universe, especially they played.
Speaker 1: Marvel Man marvel Is, probably don't.
Speaker 2: Want to leave their house. They're like, oh god, the Donald Faisons of the world are gonna be like and chilled out. Hold on, I in Iron Man three minutes and twenty one seconds. It's not a real explosion.
Speaker 1: No, you'll never hear me ask about the movie. You know what. I made that mistake once in life, and I got the answer I wanted and I was so in awe of the fact that he was talking to me about what about his process or his process that was more process that I fucking missed every word he said. I met. So I've met George Lucas quite a few times because I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and we had just finished watching Revenge of the Sith Sith at Skywalker Ranch and he's standing with of all people, Sam Jackson, Windo and Ludacris right, and Ludacris had said to me, you know, I'm thinking about getting into acting. Is there any advice you could give me. And I said to him, dude, you know how to do music videos and stuff like that, you know how to wrap and everything. Just bring everything, all of that energy that you bring in your music, just bring that to acting, that concentration. Just do that. And he was like, oh, yeah, absolutely, And so I when he did that, I was like, all right, So now he did that in front of George Lucas. I now have an end to George Lucas to ask George Lucas, so how'd you come up with Star Wars?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, so I'm embarrassed already.
Speaker 1: I said, so, how'd you come up? With Star Wars, and he fucking answered the question. He's like, well, so what I do is I you know, I sit down in my house and I'm like, oh, what would be an interesting galaxy. Let's see, maybe a galaxy far away, and then I could come up with the idea of a planet. Okay, on this end this galaxy, there's a planet. What would the planet be. Let's say it's tattooing, okay, and then what's what's it like on tattooing? And he goes into the whole fucking thing on how these creating galaxies and you know, and I'm sitting there and in my mind, I'm like, fucking George Lucas is talking to me. Fucking George Lucas is talking to me. I didn't hear one word he said. He gave me the algorithm the Star Wars and I wasn't listening because I was so in awe of the fact that I was talking to George Lucas. Do you think this is a lie? This is the honest I walked away, like, you fucking moron. You fucking didn't listen.
Speaker 2: You know, It's funny. In my mind, George Lucas was like, hey, invite Donald Fazon because I might put him on one of the leads of one of my new films. Okay, sir, we'll invite him. And then you get there and he's like, oh no, he's one of those guys who asked me how I come up with Star Wars. Forget it, Jimmy, dude.
Speaker 1: I sat in front of him for Revenge of the Scyth right, and he's behind me. And I loved Revenge of the Sith. Even when I saw it back in the day. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I saw Joel look at the face Joel's giving you.
Speaker 1: And I sat in front of him, and I remember I was there and we had you know, we had cocktails before the movie. It was like this big MTV premiere. We had cocktails, we had food. I might have even smoked a cigarette back then. This was a long time ago, right, And I'm there with this girl that I'm dating and we are watching Revenge of the Sith and the movie ends and I turn around and I look at him and I can see he's like, what would you think? And I'm like, dude, it was fucking amazing. You did it, George, You you fucking did it. Oh my God, I'm losing my mind. I grab him, I give him a hip hop. Yeah, I give him a big hug and everything. I'm like, I can't believe you. You did it, George, you fucking did it. And I turn around and I go, who, I can't believe it. He fucking did it. And I say it to the girl I'm dating at the time. She was like, oh my god, babe, your breath smells oh so bad right now.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, all in his face, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, George, you fucking did it.
Speaker 4: Ude.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have another embarrassing story related to Star Wars. You did?
Speaker 1: Oh what did I do?
Speaker 2: Doesn't Kathleen Kennedy have an idea?
Speaker 1: God? She has an identical and you went.
Speaker 2: And congratulated the identical twin.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I let go and you know what, and here's the problem with it, here's the problem with them.
Speaker 2: No, Bro, that was embarrassing. I was with you that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty bad. And then she laughed at me about it after I told I was like, I just fucking went up to your sister and congratulated her on Star Wars.
Speaker 2: You were so dialed in with these people. I just don't understand how we can't get you apart. You're friends with the cowboy hat guy, Dave Filoni, Dave Felony. You're friends with Kathleen Kennedy and or her identical twin. George Lucas knows how bad your breath can be. Why can't these fucking people hire you to be in these movies?
Speaker 1: I did Felicity with jj A Brooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like, it's God, But I really, I really want to make it one of my life priorities to at least get you in one of these movies. I mean, fucking Ed Sheeran's in costume hidden doing cameos in these movies.
Speaker 1: Why can't hearons in Game of Thrones too?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, why can't you what he is? Because one I don't can I call?
Speaker 2: Who can I call?
Speaker 1: You got a lot of friends you could call? Dude, you're freaking well I was. I was at the same Spielberg and makes Spielberg called Lucas. Call Lucas, who will have been called everybody over at Disney. You know who you need to get in touch with. These are the two people I need you to get in touch with for me. Yeah, Figgy.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't really know Foggy, but I'm writing it down. Kevin Foggy, Okay, I'm gonna call him today. Who else? And the head of Disney, Well, Sean Bailey is a friend of mine. He's uh, he's the head of production, President of production at Disney. So I'm gonna call Sean Bailey. Okay, Sean Bailey fig Okay. Now, will you make sure that when you meet them you have a mint in your mouth?
Speaker 1: I will will definitely, I will definitely mint up that day. I will not only mint up that day, I will keep all of my emotions buried as Jedi do.
Speaker 2: I was on I hung out with j while he was making the last Star Wars movie. We were staying at the same hotel, and I would often see him in the lobby of the hotel and we would we would shoot the ship and I'm I remember him sitting with a laptop clearly in my mind, which was tweaking the screenplay over by the fireplace and the lobby in London, and I thought, oh my god, Donald would freak out right now, JJ's over by the fireplace what looks clearly like doing a rewrite of the script.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, you're so lucky that I was not there, I.
Speaker 2: Know, because you would have gone over and be like you did that. No, no, no, like Donald, get off of me.
Speaker 1: No no, no, let's let's let's let's just be honest with it, with it all. The order of appreciation for the Star Wars trilogies, Yeah, is the first trilogy. Obviously, the Empire strikes back New Hope, returning to Jedi, those three then you gotta go Clone Wars. You gotta do all of that stuff. You gotta go episode one, two and three, and then you gotta go.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't weigh in, Joelle, please weigh in, because you saw.
Speaker 1: You gotta go seven eight nine, you know, you know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And the thing about seven eight nine is it started so great and then it the kind of went off in a direction that nobody you know, some people love it, some people don't love it, and then they try to, you know, correct it, and I don't know, I don't know. You know a lot of people really really loved the new trilogy. I'm one of those people who's a little you know, a little infny dippity about it. I love Star Wars for the rest of my life, don't ever get it twisted. I will always be a true fan of Star Wars. I'm not necessarily sure that the last trilogy was my favorite.
Speaker 3: That's all good, Like, that's super fair. I feel like it's definitely a fifty to fifty split on fans. I think it'll see a lot Like with the original or with the prequels, we saw a lot of kids who that was their first Star Wars are like write or die for it. They're like, you can't tell me anything. The people's are amazing. It's my first experience. So I'm sure we'll have another crop of kids who are like, no, Kylo was everything, and I really like the relationship between Read and Kilo, and there's a lot to love. Scene wise, there's just kind of like sea and moments.
Speaker 1: Scenes and exactly Joel, You're nailing.
Speaker 3: It was like what is even happening or just good.
Speaker 1: Or just a storyline between Kylo and and Ray you know what I mean, and how and how they found each other and the you know, it gets a little twisted. I feel like, and this is just my personal belief and I love you know I as a movie by itself. I think the last Jedi is a good movie, but in the trilogy form, I don't think it fits at all. I think it's like and I think it's because they are writing around shit. In the two That Surrounded you know what I mean? So and the Force Awakens, they wrote a story, he deviates from the story, and then JJ tries to correct, but the.
Speaker 3: Course correcting at the end did not work for me. I love the Last Jedi. It's my favorite of the new trilogy, but it's because it has a lot of tropes that I was born a Star War. They takes a lot of the pone Wars moments that I love and brought them to the like the big screen, and I was all like, although, blowing up the ship like that's my next tattoo, very legitimate.
Speaker 1: But who hold out?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: And we had to fuck this hold over?
Speaker 3: You had read the book Princess of alder On, you would exactly.
Speaker 1: Read Yeah, totally, I totally get that. But for the majority of Star Wars fans, who the fuck is hold out? It's like people that it's like introducing Darth Maul again in Solo. Most of the people didn't want. Most Star Wars fans who see the movies have never watched the Clone Wars and have never watched Rebels, so they have no idea that Darth Maul survives this fall uh from uh from obi Wan when obi Wan slices happens. Hold on, just just wait a second.
Speaker 2: I'm worried people are tuning out. I'm worried about it. I'm worried that people are We're gonna podcast, We're gonna We're gonna pen it.
Speaker 1: Now, we're gonna pen it. Now, let's get back to scrubs. Is that something you want to say? Joel period on it, and then we can move on.
Speaker 3: But just this is the new, the new conversation of nerds. All nerds. You had to read all the comics to go into the movies the TV shows to enjoy this stuff, because that'shere all the GT details were, and that's how we separated. And I don't want to reopen argument of what a true nerd is. You can like things and be as nerdy about them as you want to. But I find something so so satisfying about having read one hundred comic books and thirty six novels and getting to the movie and then all of that backward is paid off in the film, it's peoipul. I know it alienates some people and that frustut is people, but get on board, like it's.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Joelle, you and I are the same person. I've read damn near every Star Wars comic book, like I have singles, I have the actual graphic novels I have at all. But that being said, man, it's like you got to look at it as a lot of people don't read that shit, and because they don't read that shit, you got to keep the story. You know, you can still pay homage and have little inside jokes, but you can't make actual storyline about things that happen in the comic that only you, like a million people read, you know, I mean, you just can't. You just what you're saying the same yet, and that being said five six eight about you made a bunch of said, he's a story, so here.
Speaker 2: I think we should have kept going. I just think we should have kept the preamble because you know why people are gonna think Joel and Donald have begun a Star Wars podcast. And I accidentally clicked on that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was literally only three minutes, dude.
Speaker 2: It was literally it was great. I was able to get a light nap in listen Isaac Isaac Washington, Ted Lang from The Love Boat. Yes, he's how awesome is that?
Speaker 1: He's amazing in this episode too.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's a good actor. And I always thought that.
Speaker 1: He had done more episodes than just this one. I thought he was in two of them.
Speaker 2: Now, did you watch The Love Boat? There's so many episodes of love It's like over two hundred episodes of the Love Boat. Did you watch, kid?
Speaker 1: I watched several, So it's up the Love Boat. I do believe he did more than this. I think we didn't. We have other cast members from The Love Boat on?
Speaker 2: Yes, well Doc Doc was on? Wasn't Doc on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I believe so I could. Let's this is a Scrubs Wiki question.
Speaker 2: No, we can't put him to work right away. Dude, how are we doing with him? Joelle? Do we getting him his vocal pops? Okay, he's happy.
Speaker 1: You got to keep him, marry happy.
Speaker 2: It's like you gotta keep you gotta feed the beast. You gotta give him a swag every time he answers a question, Donald.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to do the recap?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah? Did you rehearse?
Speaker 1: I didn't this time.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me get my timer ready. I don't really think this is I'm gonna say something controversial that I don't say very often. Right, this episode is not that.
Speaker 1: Great, Okay, I I wow, that's that's something to be said.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's all right. And by the way, to all stars behind it, Matt Tarsus and Mark Bucklan, I'm just saying it wasn't one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I didn't l it doesn't really go anywhere at the end. This is just like a day in the life in the hospital and it kind of you'll kind of hear that in my recap.
Speaker 2: It feels like a B side.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like a it's like a It's like right, it's like the Wu Tang Clan came out with Protect Your Neck, and on the B side was Method Man. The Method Man's song is Dope and the Protected next. I can't this is a bad example because both songs are so really just really good.
Speaker 2: All right. This is I think we all know a song on the album that comes out that's like, eh, it's not the best song, but I'll still play it, right, And that's how I feel about this episode. It's like it's fine. There's some funny shit in there. The opera singer singing mister mistake, and there's some there's a couple of funny things. But I was I didn't I didn't really laugh out loud that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Rob said, here we go.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, let me get my timer ready, Okay, and go.
Speaker 1: The gang has reached a new level of confidence, but all make big mistakes in this episode. They all have to learn to live with it, because, let's be honest, in real life, you don't get a do over. Some find it very challenging, some find it very easy, but in the end, all of them are happy with how they've confronted their mistake and have learned a lesson or so it seems.
Speaker 2: Well, that was twenty three seconds.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 2: You need to be really using your time because I'm trying to listen.
Speaker 1: I have anxiety over this every fucking episode.
Speaker 2: Good, you had seven seconds. You could have gone into detail about the janitor wearing a white coat.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because that's not the that's not the that's not a recap. That's when you.
Speaker 2: When you have when you're when you're fucking just giving up seven seconds you could be talking about the B story of the C story.
Speaker 1: You could that's but I think that's what we're supposed to do in the podcast.
Speaker 2: No, but you could also be like. And also the janitor you can be like. And also the janitor wears a white coat because he tries.
Speaker 1: To tell me, tell me if I have tell me if I get this in seven seconds. And also the janitor wears a white coat because JD decided to wear a white coat to work one day.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, that was a very funny.
Speaker 1: Storyline, though I thought. I thought the fact that no, well that too, but the fact that JD decided to wear you know what, I'm a fucking resident. Now I'm gonna wear a white coat to work, right, and and and because I'm important and I'm a doctor and I need this white He was feeling himself. He was totally feeling himself. He's feeling accomplished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. Well, and then a little bit of trivia. Doctor Cox does not wear a white coat the whole episode.
Speaker 1: Which is odd because he wears a white coat always.
Speaker 2: Right, and I think I get I'm assuming it was some directorial choice to have him in his biceps. By the way, his biceps. He must have done a lot of I have a sense that Johnny and the director decided, oh, I won't wear a white coat, just to really accentuate what a dork JD is, And then Johnny was like, but but in lieu of a white coat, my biceps are going to be fucking pumped.
Speaker 1: He doesn't fuck around, man.
Speaker 2: You can tell he was curling before you've seen You can.
Speaker 1: Tell that Johnny does not fucking around when it comes to fitness. Man, his fitness was you know, I don't know how you know his His wife is very health conscious when it comes to eating and stuff like that. I don't know if Johnny was like that before he met her, but he definitely was putting on.
Speaker 2: He was definitely in diety wise. But bro, he was always ripped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was putting that work.
Speaker 4: He puts us to.
Speaker 2: Shame, dude, Yeah, he is. Reason how are you doing on your fitness thing? By the way, because I've been being a little lazy. I mean, obviously I've got a few things on my mind, but I've been I haven't really been killing it.
Speaker 1: Well, until they make weed that doesn't give you the munchies. I'm in deep shit. Pretty much like I were stuck in a loop. I work out an hour every day pretty much. I work out, you know, with the trainer. I work out, you know, on my peloton. I have food that's delivered to me. The shout out to Trifecta Nutrition.
Speaker 2: Do you know, by the way in there's an allowable amount of of like insect and rodent parts allowed in tuna.
Speaker 1: Well, you're allowed to eat. Yeah, the FDA allows you to allows packaging and all of that stuff. You're allowed to eat a certain amount.
Speaker 2: Of I'm sure it's in all foods because you just can't control. You can't get if you have a factory, you can't get your insects slash roadent problem down to zero. But there is like literally you can google it. There's like an allowable amount of like roach slash rat parts allowed in tuna fish. Did you know that, Joel?
Speaker 1: You're ruining food for so many people.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you. If you don't believe me, if you're sitting there listening, going if.
Speaker 1: You like tuna salad sandwich, you might want to change your.
Speaker 2: Joel, can you google what the allowable amount of roach slash rodent parts in tuna is is Google, like Joel's gonna Joe Well's gonna do it for you guys, because you're probably jogging or breastfeeding or doing the dishes. I'm listening to podcasts while I do dishes. It's nice to speeds along the dishes.
Speaker 1: Does it. Yeah, you have a lot of dishes like that where you gotta be where you're washing for an hour.
Speaker 2: And well, my girlfriends are really good. No, it's the whole pocket. My girlfriend's a really good cook and she's always mate.
Speaker 1: Just because she uses a lot of pots and pans doesn't make her a really good cook. Bro.
Speaker 2: You know for a fact, my girlfriend's a ridiculous cook.
Speaker 1: Your girlfriend's are very fucking good cook. She's a phenomenon.
Speaker 2: Not only is she making these gourmet meals, but also there's like breads going during the day and it's like a whole thing, and I'm so appreciative it. But then I look at the sink and it's like like psycho and so I.
Speaker 1: Gotta god, Joelle's face is not making She's not making.
Speaker 4: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: This is According to LiveScience dot com, ground cinnamon can contain up to an average of four hundred insect fragments per fifty grams regular can do an average of three hundred insect fragments per ten grams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on tuna, I remember tuna being high.
Speaker 1: How many grams in announce? Specifically twenty eight grams in announced? How do you know that, Daniel?
Speaker 2: How do you think I know that?
Speaker 1: Could you be selling that ship on the regular?
Speaker 2: Don't get the cobs coming to the store? Wait a second coming after?
Speaker 1: Did you find say coming to beat the Feds? Did you find feds?
Speaker 2: Did you find tuna? Joelle?
Speaker 1: I think that's what Daniel to show to you. No, he was talking about how many grams and how.
Speaker 2: No, No, Joelle, Yeah, tuna look tuna specifically because I remember reading that being like, oh, you're allowed to have rat parts in your tuna. By the way, my episode is supposed to have Cat Stevens Here Comes My Baby, but I didn't have it on there. Did you guys have it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I think it's on the DVD version.
Speaker 2: Oh see, this is one of those examples of they replaced the song. I definitely didn't have that beautiful Cat Stephens song Here Comes My Baby.
Speaker 1: And I found it very interesting in this episode that a bunch of doctors didn't know where the g spot was.
Speaker 2: M Well, I found that Sarah's character to know the gees no, and the young she was a nurse. She was a young nurse.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean listen man, come on, now, come on, buddy.
Speaker 2: I think that that it wasn't like she was that particular young woman didn't know And because Sarah was being slut shamed by the way, this episode is about someone being slut shamed. Yeah, and uh yeah, Sarah is slutshained by the entire hospital because she had a one night stand.
Speaker 1: That's I find that very interesting. And this is an age old argument, but I find it very interesting that women aren't allowed to or in society society base women aren't allowed to be as sexual as they want to be without being shamed for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's ridiculous too, and I think this episode early on was trying to was trying to point it out how boll shit. It was also Sarah's looking for some sort of identity. Elliott's looking for some sort of identity in the hospital. She doesn't really have any. You and Judy tell her that her only an identity is being white, and and she's looking for something that will help her stand out. So then as much as she doesn't like the attention she gets for this one night stand, she's then starting to enjoy it a little bit because she's like, oh, I love you know. Towards the end she starts like feeling it a little bit. She's like, I'm Elliott Reid tramp.
Speaker 1: But there's nothing. That's the one thing that I'm that I find. It's just a little weird to me because you know, a guy sleeps with a lot of girls and he can still be looked at as a stud. A girl sleeps with a lot of guys, she's a slut.
Speaker 2: You know, why is that?
Speaker 1: Why is that I understand I don't. I don't understand it either.
Speaker 3: Because's body needs to be a commodity and so it can be tarn ish. Where it's a guy, I can't charge his body because not worth than anything other than what you can fite for. But if a girl's body is violated, then when she worth marrying. And we just haven't let go of that thought process.
Speaker 4: That's stupid.
Speaker 1: That's some stupid ass ship right there, Joelle. That can't I can't get over that.
Speaker 2: It is real talk though, that it's bullshit that there is a double standard and women can't do all the fun adventures.
Speaker 1: No, they can't.
Speaker 2: They're going to get shamed for it.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: But that's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I agree, that's fucking bullshit. All the guys. The whole point in this episode is these guys, all these these Manto surgeons are all chest bumping and high fiving and talking about women. And then Sarah like goes and has a one night stand and the whole hospital is talking about it, and everyone's staring at her, and everyone's giggling, and everyone's and and this game of telephone goes around the whole hospital until finally it gets whispered in her ear and she's like listening and she's, wait, I'm Elliott Reid.
Speaker 1: And you didn't laugh at that. You didn't think that was funny.
Speaker 2: I thought that was funny. I thought Sarah was funny in this. She made me laugh a few times. And Rob made me laugh a few times when he when when he and he's when he's doing his motor boating, I mean, he does some funny.
Speaker 1: I laughed. I thought it was real cool the way it was shot me high fiving all of my friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was and all of that stuff, and then it cuts to me and go, bye bye TK.
Speaker 1: I thought that was very funny.
Speaker 2: What about your lisp which is really prominent, and you go, it's very I wrote it down. You wrote my back is as swollen as Elliott's big ass breath, sir, horrible. How many more episodes do we have to endure this lisp?
Speaker 1: I think it's like six or seven episodes before Bill was fired, Like, you gotta cut that shit.
Speaker 2: And now I see what Bill? And these are the takes Bill chose. Yeah, and I'm sure you made you a d r A, but adr it any better because you got the fucking list.
Speaker 1: It's That's one thing that changed a lot throughout Scrubs was my my teeth. You know what I mean. I went from really tiny teeth to medium sized teeth to season nine when I freaking get my teeth picked like in season nine, I have temporaries and so you'll notice it when we start watching. My teeth look like fucking got you know, I got jacked up teeth, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: How many how many types? How many different rounds of teeth have you had? I've had like four, oh my god, see how your baby teeth? Right, baby, the baby teeth that I started with.
Speaker 1: Then we then I tried to correct the baby teeth that I When I look back at it now, I'm like, I wish I didn't correct it because my smile was so youthful. But it was because I had teeth of a child.
Speaker 2: But I have a question, did your teeth? Did your baby teeth never fall out?
Speaker 1: They did, except for one one didn't fall out and it was stuck.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you have it pulled?
Speaker 1: Because the big tooth grew around it and I would have had a big gap in my uh in my mouth from that happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, did not take you to the dentist or some shit.
Speaker 1: They did, But I didn't want to get braces. I was like, get the fuck out, I'm not getting braces.
Speaker 2: Ironic, And then ironically, your most famous role was having braces to hide your fucked up teeth.
Speaker 1: To hide my fucked up teeth.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then we're in scrubs and you get your teeth Redney, and then you had them redone again.
Speaker 1: Well I got them redone. I got a bridge put in, and then one night, while eating uh from green Blatz. I was eating a Rubert Postrami Ruben sandwich from Green Blats and the bread was extra hard, and I broke my bridge. And so when I went back to get the bridge fixed, he was like, why don't we just put a screw in it and there you won't ever have to worry about a bridge again. I was like, all right, fine, let's do that shit. And then the screw that they the faked tooth that they put in was bigger than all the teeth in my mouth. And so I was like, all right, now we got to fix this. Now, I gotta for symmetry purposes, let's fix the whole thing. And that's how That's how it happened.
Speaker 2: Now these do these ones come out at night? You put them in like a cup.
Speaker 1: They're not dentures, Oh I pictures.
Speaker 2: They pop them out at night. Do you put that little tablet in there?
Speaker 1: I don't like you right now with my grandfather, you.
Speaker 2: Put that a little bubbly tablet in there.
Speaker 1: It's real funny when Mike, when when I vented my grandfather and he would wake up in the morning and didn't have his teeth in how its face looked. I could only imagine me right now with no teeth in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's not a good look. It's not it's a good book for hey, listen, I can be self deprecating about my appearance as well. I have no chin, and that really you know, a lot of times the cinematographer and the director would shoot me in a way that I I didn't mind the way I looked, but this episode in particular, I could going, Oh, that is not a good angle I have. I just have no chin.
Speaker 1: I disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Someone once wrote about me like some like reporter was like writing a review, and I'm like, the chinless brath.
Speaker 1: See, that's some bullshit, and that's tab that's a tabloid speaking right now.
Speaker 2: It was obviously it obviously wasn't a nice person, but that's what they wrote.
Speaker 1: There's no way that's a respectable journalist, you know what I mean. Anybody who's gonna sit there and make fun of someone's appearance to describe them is not a real journalist because we all come in different I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying if I were to get dancers like yours, I would get like chin dentures.
Speaker 1: I don't have dentures. You fucking let's go to break. We gotta go to break. Let's go to break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if they made like a chin, I know they make chin implants, but I'm not gonna go have surgery. But if they were like a temporary thing, like it was like a equivalent of dentures. But it just kind of clipped on and made me look like I had a bigger chin, maybe I'll get a prosthetic for like one of my roles, one of my movie parts. You know, I feel that way about my hair, man, I feel that way about my hair. You know a lot of people are blessed with a lot of hair. I have hair that is leaving me. It's get plugs though, No black people can't get plugs. Why.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't do well, Like it doesn't do well with the with the the healing process and all of these other things. They don't. It just doesn't if you look it up, African American hair doesn't do well with hair plugs. That's why in all the Bosley commercials it's mostly white men.
Speaker 2: Oh I never knew that. Yeah, what about it to you pay?
Speaker 1: What about you kiss my ass? What about let's get back into the show.
Speaker 3: Jamie Fox has a great one.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know that. I know that. I know that Jamie does wear his hair. Okay, is this something we can talk about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's halfway pictures. I don't have the real skinny on what's going on, but you can see that that Lebron James to get here like constantly.
Speaker 1: Well that's the greatest comeback ever in sports history right there. It's his hairline.
Speaker 2: Dude, Lebron's guy.
Speaker 1: Lebron was bold.
Speaker 2: Dude, why do you call Lebron's guy? I'm sure because you know what I think.
Speaker 1: Lebron did the hair plugs and it worked for him because he has the scar on his head. Now that's the problem with hair plugs. You had to get a scar on your head.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to call Lebron and ask him who did his plugs? Because I'm making another Cultuy, I'm calling Figgy, I'm calling Sean Bailey. Do you want me to add Lebron?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, Lebron hair plugs for Donald. Got a lot of calls to me today.
Speaker 1: The funniest part, Well, Malcolm McConaughey, what the hell did he do? Because that sit was on its way out, and now he has a fullhead of hair. He looks like freaking He's got a gold he's got golden locks, he's.
Speaker 4: Got a mane. You know what.
Speaker 2: The funniest part of this episode is what's that Ted's office? Yeah, we see Ted's office for the first time, and I wrote it down. He's so funny. I told him that he has anosma, Ted Lang and he goes, you cut off someone's nose. Where is it? Do you have it with you? You're disgusting, get rid of the nose. And then I go, Ted, just calm out. He goes, maybe you should calm down, and then he goes to his file folder and pulls it out and fills out a file that says, oh, we don't have to worry, it's not our fault. And then I go, okay, thanks Ted, and he goes, it's my birthday and You're like what, And I'm like what and he goes nothing, and I leave and he goes to himself and many more.
Speaker 1: And it pays off in the end. It pays off in the end when Judy's like when Judy goes and tells Kelso about Cox actually not making a mistake, and the hospital won't get sued, right, And he's like, now get out of here because he's pissed that he can't barade cocks. And you know, make Cox feel low because I get out here because I'm about to make somebody hurt. And here comes Ted with his cupcake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for his birthday. He's got a cupcake with a candle in it that he's lit for himself.
Speaker 1: He's like, you mind if I sit down, if I sit down.
Speaker 2: And kills He's like, yes, please, by all means. That's so funny. How great is Sam Lloyd?
Speaker 1: Sam Lloyd amazing? Rest in peace? Sam Lloyd so amazing on this we.
Speaker 2: Speaking of rest in peace. I got to mention that that beautiful woman from Glee who they who they found today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they found they found they found a body. They haven't. TMZ says it's a they haven't.
Speaker 2: That is the most tragic fucking story. I mean, people are just dying in the most horrible ways. It feels like lately yeah, and and and and I don't know, I thought that that that she I never met her in real life, but man, she was so talented and out on a boat with her kid. I mean, fucking hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's really crazy. Kelly Preston, Kelly Preston rest in peace. Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 3: And you guys, Russell Westbrook was just chested positive for COVID nineteen.
Speaker 2: Wow, who's that? I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So, Russell Westbrook is is one of the NBA's elite players. He's the only NBA player since Bill No since Oscar Robertson to average a triple double for an entire season. He's done it for a couple of seasons. Uh, and he just tested positive for COVID. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: So the basketball season is not going to really be able to happen, right.
Speaker 1: They're all in a bubble. Listen, if golf can happen, if all of these.
Speaker 2: Golf is different golf, you're out on your own. These guys are going to be bumping up against each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But if you can can that's the whole thing. If you can contain the virus in that bubble and it not blow up in that bubble, you can then have a season. The problem. You would do it if I could, If you could safely tell me that everyone is being tested going into this bubble, yeah, I would do it. So what's that's like going and doing a movie right now, they would assure you they're not going to be able to I totally agree, but if they could assure you, we'll have everybody crew included, and food being made within everything, catering everything. No one leaves this bubble after you've been tested and you get tested regularly.
Speaker 7: And then it all it takes is one person to go make that mistake. Yeah, Beard fa says in the background in this episode, Yeah, good to see mckhead is in this episode. Mickhead is one of the guys ogling Sarah Chalk.
Speaker 1: Yes, at the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of men are What about when Todd is playing the bongos on doctor Amato's head, that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is very funny to me. How about, uh, would you say doctor Amato?
Speaker 2: Doctor Almao?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you say before that?
Speaker 2: But you say something wrong, Doctor Amato. By the way, they couldn't have found a shorter actor, and so there's there's all this like creative camera work to try and make him seem shorter than he actually is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy did a great job, but I don't know why they didn't just hire a shorter person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's one shot where at the end it's definitely a camera up high on a high angle looking down at him, and then on a camera on a low angle looking Yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Had to accentuate it to make it. I mean, he's sure he's a short man, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean they tried to make him hobbit short though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they tried to. They tried to do some Hobbit ship, right, Yeah, you really like cheated the size of him. Yeah, that's funny. When she Elliot's talking about you know, when she gets into it, but she says, I'm Elliott Reid Tramp. She starts to get into it, and she's like, I told I told her the only two sexual positions I know, and then I just started naming bugs. And then she goes, the thing is she said, she already tried stink bug. That was funny.
Speaker 1: We should talk about this bingo game that everybody's been playing now that Joel brought to our attention.
Speaker 2: I brought it to your attention.
Speaker 1: Well, Joel brought it to your attention.
Speaker 2: You know, she didn't you. Oh, I saw it on Twitter. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool. Uh, you already said quite a few things from the I was on time, are you playing the game?
Speaker 5: And no?
Speaker 1: But I looked at and I was like, wow, this is really interesting. These are our habits that we seem to do in every episode or almost every episode, enough so that somebody can play a game of bingo.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't have it in front of me. What were some of the things?
Speaker 1: Well, you saying that's funny?
Speaker 2: Have I said that so far?
Speaker 1: You said that several times?
Speaker 4: So far?
Speaker 1: Okay, me being late, me saying you know what I mean? Us arguing, us arguing, five, six, seven, eight, Yeah, you singing, me singing?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, I think it's when Joel or Dan speaks. Both happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think we.
Speaker 2: Got every everyone covered. Joel, what are some of the other ones? You have it up in front of you.
Speaker 3: I was trying to look for it so we could give credit.
Speaker 2: It was on Twitter. Yeah, someone made a fake Doctor's Real Friends Bingo card.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, I was thinking, you know now that Europe is is really conquered this we could go tour do this show and tour it across Europe that they let us in. Oh that's right, we're not allowed in way we're allowed in the UK. We could just tour the UK.
Speaker 1: We we'd.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right, imagine Europe starts letting us in again, because this country, I'm sorry, we are so fucked with this virus right now and it's not getting any better. So I thought you and I should go on a European tour and we're gonna tour fake doctors, real friends around. We're gonna bring Joel and Daniel. We're gonna get a big ass tour bus, and we're gonna make the fake doctor's real friends express.
Speaker 1: Wow, let's fucking do it. Let's do it like a national Lampoon's European tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna go on all the adventures. We're gonna do this show live in front of people. They're gonna come to the theater. I mean, you know, I'm not talking about tomorrow because we're not allowed in Europe anyway, but I'm saying like soon, all.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm down for that, you know. The second the second started up talking about touring recently, So maybe that's.
Speaker 2: What I just think. I'm tired of being in my house and I know you are too, And what if there was a way once Europe allows American citizens back in. How embarrassing is that sentence?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I think I read online there's like only twenty or twenty five countries that US citizens are currently allowed into.
Speaker 1: Fucking I read another, I read another, I read another. I read another article where it said Florida is the fourth highest country, not fourth highest country, but it has uh it's the fourth highest in all of the world countries included uh COVID. Yeah, it goes something like Germany, so another country, the United States of America, and then Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Santus nailed it, nailed it.
Speaker 3: The this let's do a real quick pick up here with the fake doctor jil Friend's bingo. Okay, so the person who created is on Twitter as at Brown Underscore, Bear, Underscore, Moby mob e.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some of the other topics that would have you been able to put on your thing today is Donald does an Oprah impression.
Speaker 2: No wait, we haven't gotten there yet, but he's gonna do it when we have the guests. So you would have had.
Speaker 3: Ask Bill star Wars talk o, my.
Speaker 2: God, star Wars talk.
Speaker 3: Ringtone reference, Willy talk.
Speaker 2: We haven't Oh yeah, we did Willy talk a little. We haven't not a ringtone reference, get your ringtones, another one, another one.
Speaker 3: And essential workers shout out, you haven't.
Speaker 2: Done that yet.
Speaker 1: We will haven't done that yet. That's at the end of the show and someone talks about wanting.
Speaker 2: A huge top. I do want to hug you now, So there you go. Wow. Listen, whoever brown Bear, Moby, you did a good job because everybody would would have had a full Bengo card. So you guys can get your go get your fake doctor. Maybe we should we should put that up on the maybe put a link to it, Joelle, where can you put it?
Speaker 1: That's a good idea maybe we can make since we've got all of this merch coming our way. Yeah merch, and it's coming soon people, so just hang on, hang in there. Yeah, maybe that's how we do it. If you can get your Bingo card into Joel the first one. How do we do that where we play a big ass Bingo game and if we fulfill your card, we should start. There's got to be a way to do it where we hand out Bengo cards via either email or a website where you sign up and you get a Bengo.
Speaker 2: That sounds like so much work. How about we just put this dude's Bengo card like on a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Because it's the same big Well that's fine too, but it's the same Bengo card.
Speaker 2: Though people aren't going to really play it. It's just the inside joke of it all.
Speaker 1: No, one doesn't want to fucking play Bingo.
Speaker 2: You think you be like, Okay, the show is starting, I get my card out. No, it's not gonna tipen and it's just a joke.
Speaker 1: They were getting the booze out when the show started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they said, like someone told me I read on one of the comments was good thing this isn't a drinking game, because we'd all be ship faced.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, so, you guys do have from our kimbucha friends GTS Kombucha. Uh, they are offering to send free kombucha to you the fans. We can either do it through or if you guys mister Groundbear, I can reach out him and say thank you for the Bingo card.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: That's a great I discovered a new flavor of GT kombuchacha Gingerberry. Oh, ginger Berry, it is good, you know.
Speaker 2: I went to air Onan the health food store here and I didn't know that there were like so many flavors of g t's kobucha. I just know the ones they sent us to. You know, there's like there's so many flavors. They had a wholefrigerator rack.
Speaker 4: It was like.
Speaker 1: Ginger Berry, he's good, hold on one second.
Speaker 2: He's probably going to get it. So that's a good idea, Joelle. We could I think we give a prize to a fan of a fan of a fan, a deserving fan of the week, and I think the month of the month, okay, because we're not gonna get it that much of the month. So this one's this month's prize. We'll go to brown Bear Moby yeah a mob for his uh for his genius fake Doctor's Real Friends bingo card. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll hit him up on Twitter now and I'll let a know we picked a winner.
Speaker 2: Donald while you were away, we decided that we're going to give our monthly GT's prize to the creator of the Bingo card. Oh yeah, yeah, you are you okay with that? And you're the co host, you're the co creator of the show. Are you okay with that?
Speaker 1: I'm fine, I'm fine with that. Uh, there you go. So if you have interesting ideas for our show and you want us to or merch ideas or merch ideas, and you want to give us, give them to us. You won't be just giving them to us. You will receive a gift from us.
Speaker 2: You might receive something as dope as a GT's Kimbucha care package.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something right now, I drink it every day.
Speaker 2: I'm out, I'm out of my last shipment.
Speaker 1: Now I go to the store and buy it now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, now I'm gonna have to go buy it too. Now I'm gonna have to go do what you're supposed to do and go buy it.
Speaker 1: It's delicious, man, it really is good. I do it. I drink when I'm working out. I drink it when I'm just chilling out in the house. Mmm hmm, you know. Mmm. My wife's like, would you like another GT's Kimbucha? And I look at it and I go another.
Speaker 2: One, another one. But you remember, you're only supposed to have three a day. Now, that's what GT himself told us.
Speaker 1: That's right, another one. Let's take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after these fine words.
Speaker 1: Hello, Jamie Cylander, how do you say your name? Jamie, there's the.
Speaker 2: Last thing for your bingo card Donald doing Oprah voice.
Speaker 1: How's it go over?
Speaker 2: How are you good? Good to see you. Welcome to Fake Doctor's Real Friends with Donald, Faison's, Zach Braff, Daniel Goodman and Joelle Monique. Where are you calling from? Jeanie Toronto?
Speaker 1: Or she got her she got her championship T shirt on you all. She's flashing a Toronto Raptors championship T shirt. Too bad they lost your boy last year when they lost Kawhi Leonard. But yeah, you guys are still really you got not only are you. I'm gonna be honest with you. I thought you guys were gonna be I told you guys were gonna suck this year. But Pascal Suyakam, Holy shit, he can play ball. Your point guard, which is think Mike ja Minsky. No, it's not Mike Jaminsky. I forget his name. He has a he has a very unique name.
Speaker 2: It's like Otis bird song.
Speaker 1: No, it's not Otis Bird's song.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he stepped up. He's now averaging sixteen points a game.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You guys got a little bit of a crew over there.
Speaker 2: Jamie Donald said that he wanted to live in Toronto if he could live anywhere.
Speaker 1: I know, I love that.
Speaker 4: I was so excited.
Speaker 1: You should. I love that city. Yeah, it's my kind of town, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What's a good What do you have a favorite bar Jamie that Donald and I should go to when more in Toronto.
Speaker 1: And when we're in the six.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I feel like Toronto food is the best.
Speaker 2: So okay, what's your favorite restaurant we should go to? Is there a restaurant you should recommend?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing about Toronto. Toronto is so dope because it's not it's not American food. It's not americanized. So it's not like, you know, you go and get Italian American food, or you go get or you go get Ethiopian American food. You actually go get food from the culture. So Italian is actually the people that are that live in Little Italy aren't necessarily from Canada. They're from Italy and have moved too Little Italy in Toronto, so everything's very authentic when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to that sounds good. I just thought Jamie might be like, oh my god, you have to try such and such.
Speaker 1: She's in and out is an amazing burger.
Speaker 2: Like I say, if you come to Los Angeles, you have to try Salts Cure. It's like the best restaurant in town.
Speaker 4: Isn't that that.
Speaker 1: Restaurant that you own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's good. Come out that place, salts ci They do have a great brunch.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you, salt does have a great brunch.
Speaker 2: I know, Jamie. Sorry, this episode that you just joined has really gone off the rails today. It's all over the place, but it will always be remembered as a crazy one. Do you have a question for Oprah over here? Yes? I do.
Speaker 5: You said that memorizing lines were really difficult for you, so I'm wondering when you had to do the episode where you were speaking in Spanish, how did that go for you.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, to be honest with you, but I imagine I Judy was hanging out around the set to make sure I said my lines correctly, if I remember correct I remember, I believe that was the case. But I didn't have to speak a lot of Spanish. I had to speak very little Spanish. I think Turk spoke poor Spanish as a matter of fact, didn't he or yeah, learning it so he could talk to Carla's brother who spoke Spanish and he kept messing up anyway.
Speaker 2: Oh, I forgot about your whole nemesis. That was her brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna keep it one hundred with you, Jamie. I I'm sure they fed me lines off camera, and that's how I was able to do.
Speaker 2: Donald's very good at mimicking Jamie, so he could, like he can like mimic things really really well. So I'm sure that someone was probably just saying it and he was just like copying it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you can listen, if you can make if it's going to make my performance better, I have no problems with line readings, but if it's not going to make my performance better, please don't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this wasn't wouldn't really be a line reading if someone just saying repeat after me.
Speaker 1: Sure if somebody was like saying like this, Kayota, is you know what I mean? Okay, kayot I is you know? I mean, that's a lot of reading that was perfect said just like I said, good job.
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 1: Do you have another question? Do you have a question?
Speaker 5: Yes, they do. I'm wondering because when I would watch it back, I swear my thinking was in your voice over. I'm wondering because you haven't really talked about the voiceover work, So what was that process?
Speaker 2: Like, that's a good question. No one has asked that.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ever asked that.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jamie, kudos to you, because after after twenty years of being on the show, Donald and I pretty much know the twenty questions we're gonna get asked, and you have gone outside the box. No one has ever asked me the voiceover process on set because we had to time out. You know, a lot of times our movement around there would be timed out for how long my voiceover was. So in the rehearsal I would read it just so everyone could get a sense of its place in the scene. And then while we were doing the scene, my stand in, whose name was Scott rabbidou would would read it. So if we're in the middle of a scene and you kind of you know, we all had to pause for the voiceover, Scott Rabbitdo would be off camera reading the voiceover. And then at a certain point in the week I'd find a time to go down. They built a sound booth studio into the hospital, and I would go down into the sound booth and record all my voiceovers for the episode, and I'd go into the booth and I'd kind of read each one three or four times, kind of trying different ways of doing it, trying different speeds and doing them, and that would those are what they'd use for editing. Then there were times Bill would come, hey, will you come in here. I want you to redo this one for this reason, or hey, will you come into the edit room. I rewrote this one, or hey, you got to do this one way faster and wed tweak it as we went along, but just so the editors had something to work with, I would go in and kind of lay them all down, and that's how it was done. Very subtle thing that probably only sound engineers would notice is there was a different microphone used for the boom mic that was recording the actors on on set, versus a sort of more voiceover style microphone for the voiceovers. And they always added a tiny bit of little reverb, but tiny bill little echo to the voiceovers, so that if it was ever unclear, the audience in their head could distinguish between a voiceover and JD really talking, which would only happen sometimes if you were like if I was off camera and they'd be like, wait, is JD saying that out loud? Or is that a voiceover? So they added this little bit of effect onto the voiceover. If that not everyone.
Speaker 1: Notices, that's great. Do you have another question? We'll give you another one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was such a good question, Jamie. Now you really you really uh set the bar high.
Speaker 5: I guess what is a scene that you can remember that was just so funny? You guys could barely get through it, Oh.
Speaker 2: Singing guy, I love to each other. That when when when he holds up his fist and I say, you're the only man that's ever been inside of me and you grab my fist yeah, and goes whoo who boa I just took out his appendix and I clarify and he goes, no, no, no, you go like this, You go, oh no, oh no, I feel like we should clarify. There's no need to clarify.
Speaker 1: Oh no, just let it grow more and more each day.
Speaker 2: It's like I married my best friend, but in.
Speaker 1: A totally man louis Let's go.
Speaker 2: I love what I love about the let's go is the let's go was let's go to the end of the bed. And sing.
Speaker 1: So let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go guy, let's go to the Let's walk two feet to the right and sing the rest of this song. Let's go.
Speaker 6: It's anyway guy love, compromise the feeling of some other guy, guy holding.
Speaker 1: Up your heart into the guy anyway there to share through all the lows. I'll be there to share the heart.
Speaker 2: Do your dear Michael Jackson thing. And when I say I love you, turk, it's not what it employs.
Speaker 1: It's guy love.
Speaker 2: Between that sounds like Phantom of the Opera. But anyway, look at that, Jamie, you got us to sing guy love. I wish I could send you gtscha, but Joel already gave it away. They only get an We only get one palette of months to give away.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need more gifts to give to people because you've got me on this. You know, on real radio shows.
Speaker 1: You're in a giving mood right now, dude, Well listen.
Speaker 2: You know on a real radio show they're always giving away ship Here, I got two tickets to see Steely Dan whatever it is like, I really want to It was the first thing again in my mind. I want to give sh away. Babyface live at the Palladium.
Speaker 1: Doing all that h I'll buy your clothes?
Speaker 2: Is that a Babyface song?
Speaker 1: I'll pay your rent. I'll make your dinner for you as soon as I get home from work out.
Speaker 2: That's the song I'll pay your rent.
Speaker 1: Dude. Baby Face could write songs about anything. He wrote a song called Shoop and the whole song.
Speaker 8: Is shoot Shoop Shoot, Shoot shoe Baboo, Shoot Shoot shoe baboo, Shoot shoot chew baboo.
Speaker 4: My No, all you got to do is shoot shoot shoot, And people like this.
Speaker 1: SI was the number one hit was number one. It was one of Whitney Houston's biggest hits.
Speaker 2: Wait, didn't we go to Babyface's house once?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Remember? Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: And I remember the Halloween.
Speaker 1: Party at the freaking what you might call it at the at the UH at the Playboy Mansion, and we went with UH. We went with my old manager, Evan Haney. We went with Babyface's wife at the time.
Speaker 2: Right, and we went to Babyface's house.
Speaker 1: And we went to I remember us walking in and being like, holy shit.
Speaker 2: There was a guyard gate. I remember that house had its own guard gate. It looked like I thought that was I thought that was baller. I was like, one day, I need my own guard gate.
Speaker 1: But the property was huge. It was like he had tennis courts. He had a big ass field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby, baby Face did well for himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is he still with that that woman who was your manager ex manager?
Speaker 1: No, they broke up.
Speaker 2: She went half.
Speaker 1: Her name was Tracy.
Speaker 2: She probably got the guard gates. She probably got the guard gate.
Speaker 1: She's she's done very well for herself. She's a very she's a movie producer. She's she's uh, she's she's managed.
Speaker 2: I've seen the house that Shoop Shoop shoop shoop got and it was dope.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's the I think that was the the one that Boys and Men got him, because you know, baby Face wrote, uh uh, he wrote end of the road.
Speaker 5: Still I can't let.
Speaker 1: It's so nice you belong to me, belonged to.
Speaker 2: I feel like I could have been in Boys to Men. No, No, I could have been no, because I can sing falsetto really well. I could have been the guy who always uses us falsetto. And I don't think you the guy who always sings falsetto.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that time we met Neo who's Neo? Oh oh, no, you're breaking in my heart.
Speaker 2: Is he someone in Boys to Men?
Speaker 1: No, he's not someone in Boys to Men? But we were in Vegas. Now at that time, Patrick came to Vegas to meet us in Vegas and his wife threw up all over the place and they had to leave in the middle of the in the middle of the show, right, and but we introduced uh Neo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know who it is. I don't we introduced him. I don't know his music.
Speaker 1: He wrote so Sick of Love songs, so sad and slow. I can I turn off the radio.
Speaker 2: I remember that we were at this club and they said, would you guys want to come introduce Neo? And at first we were like no, no, no, thank you. We're just here to have fun. But that's first speed to be asked thank you. Then we got hammered and they were like, do you want to introduce Neil? We were like yes, were okay, we do.
Speaker 1: We're like on stage, like yeah, on stage, and we jumped on the there was there.
Speaker 2: Was a stripper pol we were like sliding around the pole and then we were like and I was like in my head, I had no idea who Nel was, But I'm like, you're ready for y.
Speaker 1: He sings He's you know he sings that song with Pitbull. Uh, what's the big song? Excuse me, excuse me. I'm my dad should tonight and might not see you tomorrow.
Speaker 9: Tonight on the there for you tonight and Dad then my nana that one be my nasy tomorrow. Let's do it tonight, do do.
Speaker 2: Joel looks like she's about to light a lighter and hold it in the sky round. Let's do it tonight. Okay, Donald, he should put out an album.
Speaker 1: I am. I'm gonna put out greatest hits, and it's only gonna be the first five lines of every song.
Speaker 4: That I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm not lying. If I wasn't your best friend and just knew you, I would buy the Donald Faison Cover Tracks album, but.
Speaker 1: It would only be five lines.
Speaker 9: Be like tonight, I'm a life for you tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh there we've gone to the blame it on the night. Oh when you be hearing my arms.
Speaker 2: Something like that, You're gonna need a nap after this episode. I know, man, this is what I mean, y'all. He goes hard and then he's gonna get woozy and need a nap. I'm woozy, I'm woozy. Question that would be Jamie, or that would be a good by the way, that would be another one. That would be a good uh. That would be a good notification.
Speaker 1: I'm woozy, I'm woozy, Yo, another one, another one, I'm woozy.
Speaker 2: I would I would so love my notification whenever I got a text to be like.
Speaker 1: A woozy Jamie. We loved having you on our show, Jamie.
Speaker 2: It was a pleasure. Jamie. You really represented Toronto and Canada.
Speaker 1: Well, she's from the t dot. Give it up for the t dot, y'all, and.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming for the six You give her some thunder State. Oh, thank you, Jamie's representing. She holding up her Garden State DVD. Thank you, Jamie. That's a good movie. Donald was almost in it, but he didn't read it. As many of you know, he couldn't find time to read it.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I have seen the movie several times now, Yes, to make up for it. I've seen the movie several times. Did you know, Jamie. I once flew to London to watch Zach perform in a play.
Speaker 2: Yes, at the Duke of York's Theater in the West End.
Speaker 1: Yes, I paid my own ticket money. Oh that was nice for you to fly to London and watch that brap dude. I feel like we did the show.
Speaker 2: I know we did, but this episode was I'm sorry to the audience. I we we we started eleven. I had a red bull. I can't. Donald must be drinking.
Speaker 1: I am not drinking. I am, I am, I am on my on my Joe roganpildom.
Speaker 2: Oh god. And I want you to know something that if this episode is eleven minutes long, it's because we had to edit a lot of shit out of it. So I apologize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about a lot of things that we want you to hear, but we're just a shame. We're not ashamed, but we're scared that you're gonna shame us for it. And that's the last thing anybody.
Speaker 2: Ever wants to be. She don't want to be shamed. So if you're wondering yourself, hey, I'm not to go on a jog. Why is this episode eleven minutes long? It's because Donald needed to be censored. At the end of the run, I could be in that band, dude.
Speaker 1: I feel dude, I would love to have seen Boys to Men. It would imagine the four four of them and then you see.
Speaker 2: Them well with Charlie. Remember that's how we met.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but I that's not how you met. But I would love to have seen you being the Boys to Men band back in the day. It's like that one black guy that's in all the white bands. You know, there's the white to make it so that it works, just so we can have it so that not only white people listen to our music. Let's put a let's put a brother in the band.
Speaker 2: Just remember that Eddie Murphy sketch where he was the fifth Beatle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she loves you? Was she loves you? Man, She's got a ticket to ride? Was she got a ticket to ride? And the bitch don't care.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: If you guys have never seen me, man, if you if you've never seen the sketch where Eddie Murphy was the fifth Beatle on SNL, please go watch it. That's it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's one of the funny. That's that he had some funny. Listen.
Speaker 2: I wish I could be friends with Eddie Murphy Donald that happened. Why can't he be our friend. If I could put him in a movie, if I could, if I could just get to work with him as a as a as a director, actor, that's how we could be friends with him.
Speaker 1: That's what you do that.
Speaker 2: That's not really a hard form. No, it's not really a part for Eddie and this new one, right. I am writing, by the way, I just wrote before this podcast, a letter to a Thespian who I would love to be in my movie. Who's one of your favorites. That's all I'm gonna say. I can't I can't say more, but I'm going to off the air tell you. Don't guess, but I'm gonna off the air tell you who it is. And I hope this I'm putting out into the universe. Now, you fans, you listeners, you friends of ours will be the first to know if he says yes, Leo, No, it's not Leo, although everybody knows about your Leo Crutch buddy. It's okay, n I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, there's nobody better.
Speaker 2: I feel like you want to I feel like you want to hide the people. Leo.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't want to come on man. I think I think come on, man, No, the dude's fucking amazing.
Speaker 2: Though I know he's amazing, but you talk about him a lot. It's like you're trying to hide the people they are trying to do, trying to Are you trying to doc?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not trying to doc.
Speaker 2: If you had to doc, would you? Would you doc? Leah if someone put a gun to your head and say doc?
Speaker 1: Someone now a duck you dude?
Speaker 2: Oh thank you?
Speaker 1: Five six, seven, eight stories.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: We made about a bunch of dogs and nurses in the janitor.
Speaker 5: I said he's a story.
Speaker 1: Netwll s no so Ganna rab here Yanna rap here S show
Speaker 3: No m