Speaker 1: Episode five Here on h O H bry b K.
Speaker 2: Go for dream Sorcerer.
Speaker 1: Dream Sorcerer written by Constance Burge.
Speaker 2: Nightmares are taken to a whole new level when a mad scientist murders women and their slumber. But when a sleepy serial killer comes for Prue.
Speaker 1: Can I direct you for one second and just ask you to read it?
Speaker 2: I was trying to do it like the guy in the show.
Speaker 1: No, just read it normal?
Speaker 2: No no no, I was like, let me be the dream Sorcerer.
Speaker 3: Guy chose its.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Why don't you give it a go?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, this is you know, this is your.
Speaker 1: Come on, BK, you got this. Just say it normal?
Speaker 2: Okay. Dream Sorcerer nightmares are taken to a whole new level when a mad scientist murders women in their slumber. But when the sleepy serial killer comes for Prue, she uses her powers to slay the mirror mortal in his own dream. Meanwhile, popular Phoebe cast a love spell that backfires big time, causing the lonely sisters to regret conjuring a love connection.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was better, but I'm still gonna ask you to do it one more time.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 5: You have to me.
Speaker 2: You've made me self conscious about it, like my first choice terrupting me on the second choice.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Think of this as an acting exercise. I think I'm reading, I know, but how you read is sometimes acting. Like, just read it then, everybody.
Speaker 2: Hush, Okay, okay, okay, dream Sorcerer.
Speaker 1: Don't lower your voice like that, like the minute you start.
Speaker 2: To like my sleepy in bed dream sorcerer voice.
Speaker 1: Just be dream sorcerer. Just say it normal.
Speaker 2: It's not as sexy.
Speaker 3: I'm now going perfect.
Speaker 1: Dream Sorcerer's not sexy either.
Speaker 2: But when you say dream yeah.
Speaker 1: That's not that's.
Speaker 3: You can do it in a British accent.
Speaker 4: Do that?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I can't you your dentals, your teeth up?
Speaker 2: Rex Buckland? Ever say Rex Buckland, Rex Buckland. See that's that'd be a good dream Sorcerer one or do we need it again?
Speaker 3: This is content, baby, you're crushing. I'm loving this.
Speaker 5: Take three.
Speaker 3: This is the gold. This is the gold that we mine.
Speaker 2: Do I look sweaty?
Speaker 3: Do you look?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Do you want to touch up?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Dreams dream Sorcerer nightmares are taken to a whole new level when a mad scientist murders women in their slumber, but with a sleepy serial killer comes for Prue, she uses her powers to slay the mirror mortal in his own dream.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, Peep Peeper, the one named mess Up.
Speaker 5: He's still mad about John Chow.
Speaker 3: A week later, mad, oh my god, where are you?
Speaker 2: Okay, dream Sorcerer drew.
Speaker 1: And only for a second. Just let Brian get through this. Thanks, you're welcome go.
Speaker 2: Dream Treasure nightmares are taken to a whole new level when a man scientist murders women in their slumber, but when the sleepy serial killer comes from Prue, she uses her powers to slay the mere mortal in his own dream. Meanwhile, Piper and Phoebe castle love spell that backfires big time. I'm causing the lonely sisters to regret conjuring a love connection. Okay, better, it's it's doable. It's it's playable.
Speaker 1: That one's playable. I'll work with you later on all this.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 1: You know interacting, So.
Speaker 2: Dreams, I'd love to do one in the dreamy sorcerer voice.
Speaker 3: Can you do that? Just just give me like one sentence so I can hear what that sounds like?
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, by Bir and Phoebe cast a love spell that backfires big time, causing the lonely system.
Speaker 1: Moving on and moving on.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 1: It's like when you it's like when you go a mad scientist murders women in their slumber and the like, why not just read it like when a mad scientist murders women in their slumber because nobody says slumber.
Speaker 2: All right, It's it's like watching you know, when you say murder.
Speaker 1: That's not interesting. But I love you. You're great. You know you're adding a whole other dimension.
Speaker 2: It's murder has four syllables.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I never thought of it like that. So thank you for educating me. And there I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: There's you have a great voice.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I feel like the untapped potential is you know, there's a there's an anime out there just dying for you to say dreams.
Speaker 1: Okay, So episode weekend, we are at Quake at Piper's restaurant that she runs that she owns like you seem to, I don't seem to just be dumped in your lap. And now it's all yours, right, apparently.
Speaker 3: It starts with these really we come in real hot with like some of the worst pickup lines in the history of the game. These are just firing lines.
Speaker 5: Those definitely came from bread Kurring.
Speaker 3: Has has it ever worked on?
Speaker 1: What lines?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: We start?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah with like did you think something baby something like that baby bomb you did?
Speaker 1: Was that not after this ball was cast?
Speaker 3: No, it's literally the opening, like right away opening. It just starts with bad pickup lines.
Speaker 1: But Constance wrote this, and Constance doesn't do that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They came from brad rid on it. He did a Polish for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're in Quake and a handsome stranger in a wheelchair named Whittaker gets rejected apparently by me and a waitress named Sky Russell, and then it cuts to like being in Sky's apartment later that night, and Whittaker actually visits Sky in a creepy dream and the next morning she has found dead, like the dream is. I thought the dream was actually really cool because he sort of you know, romances her in a way and then pushes her off this really tall building and you see her, you know, falling. What appears to be hundreds of stories and you're like, well, yeah, but it's a dream, so what does this really matter? But then she doesn't wake up and her body, like all of her bones are crushed, as if she had been thrown off of a incredibly high building.
Speaker 6: Right he speaking, somebody is paying right now. You just need a slate right now. I think we have we did you want to the episode? I think we've skipped a very important part. For Yes, Prue refuses the chardonnay from the wheelchair bound and.
Speaker 1: Suitor I said, prew rejects him.
Speaker 5: No, but you reject him because you're seeing something someone who's apparently now full fledged. Maybe I'll go to the SPA with him.
Speaker 3: The f BF name Andy Trudeau.
Speaker 1: You know. I like to skip over that because again, like it's too fast forward. Like the last episode, they saw each other at Prue's surprise party and like kind of waved like.
Speaker 5: He's just hanging out.
Speaker 2: This relationship really develops off camera.
Speaker 3: Well's interesting though in this opening bit is like the girls are also complaining about uh being single.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, we're getting there. Do we should we have Dorian come in now?
Speaker 2: It's always a good time for Dorian.
Speaker 5: There he is.
Speaker 8: I Hello, Brian Holly, what's happening?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 4: Man, good to see it.
Speaker 5: We should have had Dorian do the synopsis because he's the full fledged voiceover actor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I can't even.
Speaker 8: I have to take a moment because every time my heart starts to race when I see you guys, I love you, and Shannon is just so awesome to see you and I just there it is. That's it, that's it. So my moment is gone, there it is.
Speaker 1: I know we've missed you. We need another Paris trip or something, right.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is gonna be fun, Dorian, because I had a lot of questions about you and Andy right right, you know, watching it back, because I never watched it before. So actually watching it, I'm like, ew, like Andy's kind of a stalker and like their relationship doesn't really work. What I did love watching it now is like yours in Tw's chemistry on camera was really good, Like you guys actually had something that worked, as you know, two detectives who are partners that hang out and that actually had a connection, whereas TW and I there was there was no connection, just because they didn't build the relationship at all.
Speaker 4: You know, I.
Speaker 8: Go back to a note that I think I talked about previously where I made sure to try to be a little light and try to which is part of what a connection is is the familiarity. And you know it was there were times where I don't know if there was that same I'm trying to trying to find the words we were on the same page of that we're partners and there is a there's a humanity about that. There's a human being behind that versus what's on the page. And I didn't feel that as much as I would have liked to. But Aaron, in that first note that was given to me, as far as you know, this goes beyond the job, your two individuals and your two human beings and your friends, and so I you know, it was it was an interesting navigation as far as trying to have that lightness in the relationship as well as being immersed in what this was in this world of things that we could not understand, could not explain, did not expect.
Speaker 4: But there's still two human beings in there.
Speaker 8: And in times of crisis and when you're faced in that, there's going to be that element in there as far as how you balance that, and so you know, I don't have a good answer for that. He was kind of a There was a lot of it was very straightforward, and I didn't see enough levels and in that dynamic that I would have liked.
Speaker 1: I understand that. I will say though, that I think you brought a lot of different levels into it because you did bring the lightness, you did bring the like, Hey, but I've known you forever, like I know when you're an asshole, I know when you're you know, taking things too far, like I know when you're not paying attention to your job and you're paying too much attention to the girl. Like there was enough of that and to where I mean, to be brutally honest, like when we were filming and you guys had scenes together, I was always like, God, is this like working Like it just doesn't seem like they work together. And then watching it, I was like, holy crap, that relationship really worked, Like it was really good on camera. So yeah, kudos to you, because I think you did a great job.
Speaker 4: I thank you for saying that. I think it worked.
Speaker 8: In totality, this relationship was this this this synergy of what you guys were navigating through, and Brian and Drew and everybody as they as we progressed on in their contribution to this mainline story, and that helped because that scene was never just about two people. It was about what was happening in totality, and you guys really made that work and gave me something to feed off of constantly, whether you were in the scene or not, because if you were there, if you weren't there, the scene was still about you, because that scene was what you guys were navigating through, and we were working in partnership to try to find some type of elevated relationship to resolve this mysterious thing that we were all adapting to.
Speaker 1: Very very intelligently said by Rank, thank.
Speaker 4: You appreciate that. I mean, I.
Speaker 8: Have to state this, I rewatched I don't ever watch my work and watching you guys again, and the very specific things that each one of you brought as far as who you are at the core of character and I have I can't say enough about how I feel about Holly and how I feel about you and your specificity and your commitment to truth and early on we're talking about first season, fifth episode, And when I was watching, you know, the scenes and there's little subtleties that you are connected with, but when you watch closely from an artistic standpoint, as far as the truth you bought brought when this guy came up and you were the how you felt and your whole navigation and connectedness and the nuances with your sisters and how you related to them and how you guys were still trying to figure that out, but you saw history there. It felt like you guys had true history, and it felt like there's so the such close relationship and you guys were so specific and separate in your identity, and watching the craft of that, I so enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Wow, well we thank you, Thank you a lot. I actually wasn't going in with very high expectations because, like Drew had mentioned that he didn't really like this episode, now he likes it, and I watched it and I was like, I really liked it. I thought that there was really sort of interesting things happening in it, and I think everything with the sisters. Anyway, we have to do the recap, but I did like this episode quite a bit.
Speaker 5: It's not my favorite, just obviously because I had to do the love spell stuff, which is obviously not my favorite if you.
Speaker 1: Look like past that, the overall I think was pretty good. I mean, even the special effects of him going into dreams and all of that, it wasn't as bad as as it could have been. I think that you know, they had been progressing and learning, and you know, we were out of you know, eyes glowing, which was really good.
Speaker 5: It helps.
Speaker 3: I think probably part of it also is you're just coming off of dead Man dating and having still not over it deep connection and then to kind of then the next episode be casting love spells and putting out like what you have.
Speaker 1: It depends right, like of when these were actually shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the way it was aired, it doesn't play necessarily as authentic as it would if it was aired probably in the way you guys shot it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like this one should have been before.
Speaker 1: But the thing is right, we never It wasn't until like later season two, season three. I think that we were able to take you know, episodes, the episode before and let it bleed into the next episode. Back then in the late nineties, you always had to end that episode and a new episode started completely fresh.
Speaker 5: They wanted them to be standalone. That was a spelling thing too. They wanted them to be standalone episodes that have anybody happened to catch it, that they would know exactly what happened and what the storyline was in the backstory, which led to uncomfortable exposition all the time. And yeah, it was, and so that they.
Speaker 1: Could sell them like easier, you know, so if somebody didn't want to buy a whole season, it wasn't a big deal. So it was like a financial thing as well as an audience thing. So yes, Like now, as a viewer in the two thousands, when TV has changed so drastically for the better, you look back and you're like, God, she got over that dead guy real fast. But I'm also like he's dead, Like are you really going to pine Away for a dead guy that you can't even touch?
Speaker 5: I'm telling you this was supposed to be before that episode, and so this whole like, ugh, like it's so gross. I love love.
Speaker 1: But even then, it's like whatever episode was supposed to, you know, originally be after the Dead Men one, I don't they probably didn't write your character to still be you know, lit, and it's.
Speaker 5: So desperate, like it just rubs me all the wrong ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see why that would do that, but also, you know, we would be remiss we didn't say that. It's it's why. It's part of what makes charm. Like everyone can just pick up and watch it at any point, right, Like it's these single serving episodes that have a beginning, middle.
Speaker 1: And end and you still know the characters.
Speaker 3: Exactly, so you know it's it was very It's a calculated thing that a lot of networks do and a lot of television series do, so you can watch it in any order, like maybe they watched Dead Mandating and then the next episode they watch, you know, Loveless Down. Yeah, Coyote, Coyote, Piper.
Speaker 8: It's probably hard for you guys to say or truly understand because you have so much necessary for the execution of this as far as the details that go into this. But bottom line, to sum it up, it's the chemistry and the relationship that is very unique and that you guys pulled off with commitment every episode. And despite all these things that know, all these details that you're talking about, they're critically important for a good storytelling. That's what everybody connected to in the end, it's who is delivering it and are you bonded to them and you did that, and so there's where we are. There was a fun two of this with this, there was a seriousness to this. There was a kind of a peek into who you guys are. Aside mere character, there are elements of just who you are and how you walk normally, and you all individually have something something that people are just drawn to. And so that's what's happened these two and a half decades later as far as why this show continues on. But then we also talk about friendships, and we talk about love, and we talk about triumphs, and we talk about possibility, and that's kind of the undercarriage of what this show was all about and discovering what is important to you and when you have magic, which is such an amazing thing in life, is magic. All things are possible when you get what you think you want, do you really want that? And once you receive that, you start to understand the hierarchy of things As far as that thing, well, where does that fall in the line of what I truly value? And that's kind of the continual message throughout all the episodic installments.
Speaker 5: Well, I still think the Love Spell is personal gain all the way. But then because this addendum where it's like, oh, but you can reverse it, we've.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've also skipped way ahead, so let's look back up. And so we've already established at the quake, a handsome stranger in a wheelchair named Whittaker. He gets rejected by me and rejected by a waitress named Sky. And then later that night, Whittaker visits Sky in a very creepy dream, and the next morning she's found dead, and Darryl and Andy no, it's a homicide, but they can't figure out how she died because all of her bones are crushed. But she's like in an apartment, windows are closed, doors are locked, so it's like, how did she die?
Speaker 2: Right, And they both say murder.
Speaker 1: And then you know, Phoebe and Piper come up with a spell to attract men because I guess you guys don't have enough men in your lives.
Speaker 5: Because this is what I mean. It just bumps me. It just seems so desperate.
Speaker 1: It seems desperate for your character.
Speaker 3: Desperate for the character for sure. And again it's time wise. We have to pretend this was pre Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it was.
Speaker 1: No, we don't we don't have to pretend because you have to do it as the audience is seeing it. So for us to go, well, we have to pretend that it's pre marked because this is how the scripts were rolled out. You have to base it on how they actually played it to the audience. So, but again, standalone episodes. So Mark is a dead guy who's now gone, and maybe that's why Piper agrees to do a love spell, because like, let's delve into that for a second. Right, a woman who is probably not as open to love or scared but wants love, falls in love a dead guy. Now she's a little bit heartbroken, she still wants that love in her life. So when Phoebe, who character would do a love spell, you know she could convince Piper to listen, you've got to get over and maybe this is all played off camera, right, you have to get over the dead guy. Like, let's get you a new guy. Let's what are you laughing at, Brian, me trying to justify all this.
Speaker 5: New dead guy? Go find a new dead guy.
Speaker 3: Shannon, You're absolutely right, this is that's true. Like this maybe like the fastest way to get over something is into something new.
Speaker 5: Maybe, right, there's plenty of dead fish in the sea.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So you guys, they create this spell. You and Phoebe.
Speaker 1: People do this all the time to get over one brick up, they roll right into a new relationship. So you know, maybe they're maybe just trying to move on in a way she's trying too hard.
Speaker 3: Well, that brings up the very very question, what do you look for in a man?
Speaker 5: Pipe Definitely not roaring fires, not a man who loves love like me. Well employed and endowed is fine, but endowered sunset bike rides no thanks.
Speaker 3: There's a couple of things that happen in and around the scene with Phoebe's character that I feel were actually very on brand for her. First her eating like a bowl of fruit loops, and then like the thing that she thinks is cool and sexy is like a guy who rides a motorcycle and you know, blah blah blah. Like she it's very her character is very fleshed out. I think it works like the things that she's asking for are very immature and kind of like surfacy very and I think that kind of like is there to ultimately teach her a lesson? Yeah, but it definitely plays well for the character.
Speaker 5: The moral of the story is you don't want a stalker like Andy.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: Okay, So while you guys are practicing this spell to attract men, Whittaker calls for at home because apparently, like the charm sisters, are phone numbers on speed dial for everybody, for every stalker.
Speaker 5: Now you have two stalkers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have taking a bubble bath because that's something we've seen Prue before. And Whittaker appears and scratches me, starts trying to drown me to death. But I'm saved when Piper walks in because she hears me struggling or screaming.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Hey, quick question, Prue about the bubble bath. Do you remember shooting that? Like was the bath warm? Like how did they do? Like if you're because scenes can take sometimes over an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they would keep filling it with hot water.
Speaker 3: Okay, nice, I like that. I look simple answers, Simple answers.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 3: I had a scene once where I got into jacuzzi and they hadn't cleaned it, and then I got hot tub feleculitis. This was always with you.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 5: What in the what hot tub?
Speaker 3: What fileculitis? Don't google it because you'll never be able to unsee it. But like, so sometimes like when they are like you were actually in a bath full of bubbles taking you know, and scenes can take hours people, and so like, how do how do we make sure that you are comfortable and happy?
Speaker 1: Is there's a thing called Screen Actors Guild and they have like laws and rules that protect actors see people.
Speaker 3: That's I wanted everyone to know that. That's why I asked the question.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 1: They didn't apparently protect you, but maybe were you doing a student film?
Speaker 3: No, it was a Disney film. I really had to go to the hospital. It was gnarly.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that they had rented this mansion that was like five million dollars and they no one had thought to clean the tub or check to see if the tub was clean. I get in there, I have a scene in there. I'm like in there for two hours. It's all bubbly and nice. Jets are on that night break out into like the worst fever ever and have to be rushed to the hospital.
Speaker 5: That is that's insane.
Speaker 8: I have a question the mechanism used for this being the guy that can infistrate dreams and him being immortal and I'm curious about that. And it also we have the other two buckling. Of course they're they're using him, but I'm curious about his no connectiveness, no remorse, and and what triggered him to go off in that direction.
Speaker 2: In that manner rejection.
Speaker 3: Rejection, Yeah, Sky, the girl at the waitress after prou rejects him, the hostess kind of rejects him.
Speaker 1: But this is something he's been doing forever. I think that's what Dorian's point is is, like, how did he turn into this guy?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought you guys uncovered that his first partner in the dream analysis business he was dating and on the way home she had rejected him and died in a car crash or something. And then that's when kind of set him off because he was rejected by his first love or wanted to be loved. Who was his dream partner?
Speaker 1: Wow, somebody paid attention.
Speaker 5: It's terrible And that's that's a serial killer, one oh one.
Speaker 4: That's my issue with him.
Speaker 8: You know, it's like that trigger of they were in the argument on the way home and so so he is assigning his his his handicap now or what has happened to him now to this and now everybody's going to feel the wrath of him afterwards.
Speaker 2: That was anybody who rejects me, right, Which is interesting because he had an opportunity when he got into their dream to actually have a good time. He could it could have been enjoyable and made their dreams pleasurable and fun and light, and he could his dreams in the dream.
Speaker 1: But he's bitter. Was he in a wheelchair prior to the accident or did the accident put him in a wheelchair in the wheelchair, so then he hasn't actually come to terms with being in a wheelchair being rejected, so he's just a mess of emotions, none being positive.
Speaker 5: That's serial Killer one oh one is being rejected. They take out their isolation and their anger out on innocent people. For those of us who watch as much Dateline as.
Speaker 3: I do, is Dateline still on?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: It is at least at least two different channels.
Speaker 1: Okay, So phoebe super happy about her muscular new man Hans she got thanks to the spell. He looks like a lumberjack the guy who was playing them that was hysterical. Meanwhile, Piper, you're getting hit on left and right. You're a little freaked out, but there's a guy named Jack. And then it goes back to the dream Dream Lab with Whittaker, where Andy and Daryl visit him at his workplace and they questioned him about the dead women. But Whittaker is a scientist who does dream experiments. So you guys walk away not like one hundred percent sure that he's the guy, but you're still very suspicious.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, we go in there and he's got nothing but alibis, and we're going on there on the premise of dream leaping.
Speaker 4: That's where we went in there with.
Speaker 8: And here I am knowing what the what the issue can be with that, So of course we had to leave. I had to rush him out of there once he came up with well, I've got all this you're coming to this dude, this respected person, I say in quotes, because of him being a scientist and research and research, and he's got all these people that he just referenced as far as were the witnesses, and here we are pressing about this supernatural stuff. So it's it's not that we we had to come to a conclusion, but it was time to go. We gathered there's enough of what we could at that moment without causing further problem and potentially impeding any further progress as far as the investigation of this case.
Speaker 5: Wow, do you sound so official? I believe you just said I want to watch it again, murd So I fall asleep.
Speaker 1: Then then we're at Buckland's and I fall asleep at my desk and he comes back. Whitaker comes back to visit me in my dream, and he tries to kill me, but Andy saves me when he calls and wakes me up because Andy is my stalker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is right, he knows when you're sleeping.
Speaker 3: No, why do you think Crew doesn't talk about this, you know, this thing where you know because he's now come to visit you twice at this point, right. Once again, what I think.
Speaker 5: Is funny is that I call her and say it's an emergency, and she's like, I gotta go buy So we're left with the creepy guys all on our own because she has her storyline to.
Speaker 1: Do, right. I mean, I think that one of the reasons to answer your question, Drew, is that you know Prue doesn't ever want to burden her sisters. That's very well established through the three seasons. I was on, and she always wants to protect them, and that also means protecting them from something that's coming for her. So I don't think that she wanted to include them because she was like, I got to handle this on my own and not expose my sisters to any of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was an interesting choice that And again we'll obviously the evolution of your relationship will take place, but this early on, something that feels very personal and direct to you, that you choose not to burden, as you say you don't want to like put your sisters in harm's way, I think is admirable but also like an interesting thing because ultimately, you guys learned that your power and your strength comes from connecting with each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're stronger together. But I think that you know, like when we watch this Seven Deadly Sins episode, we'll see sort of like why Prue makes the choices that she makes, why Piper does, why Phoebe does. Like our individual sins are very much about who we are and how we've led our lives up until that moment. And I think that Pru's isn't Prue's sin like pride or something. I just think she's so prideful that She's like, no, I got it, Like I can handle all of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also she's the older sister, I get. I resonate with that.
Speaker 8: But this is still new to you, and you're still, despite being more powerful as a unit, you're still dealing with these things that you're going to protect, and we do that every day. It's like, I could rely on people I love where I can care for, but I don't want to put them in the potentiality of where this could go, despite I'd be despite the fact I'd be in a better place with their help, you know, And that's where love is.
Speaker 1: It does that right, But you wouldn't be able to forgive yourself if something happened to them because you brought them into the situation.
Speaker 4: My point exactly right.
Speaker 8: You wouldn't bring them in despite you being more powerful with them.
Speaker 2: But then even when you do tell her and you scratches and things and stuff, and I saw my mate back, Piper's like, ah, you're tired, you imagined it.
Speaker 5: Listen, I got a lot of guys, I gotta juggle, got a lot on my plate.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's part of you not telling them anyway, because she's just gonna be like a you're tired.
Speaker 5: I was the one that called and said it's an emergency, and she's like, I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 4: You never saw the scratches? Is that that we were talking about?
Speaker 8: You're tired and it didn't happen, but you the scratches had disappeared. Proven, I mean, Piper never saw the scratches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You know what list.
Speaker 5: She's had bad dreams before.
Speaker 8: She knows her sister's overwork, and she was talking about all this new stuff that came in off the phone quickly.
Speaker 1: Stopped making excuses, dismiss She just dismissed her. Jesus all right, police station. So Darryl and Andy. Darryl doesn't really understand why Andy thinks Whitaker is the suspect. And Andy says he thinks he's into dream leaping quotes and he specifically kills women who have rejected him.
Speaker 3: What a leap, talk about leap? Yeah, but this is why Andy super detective sleuthing slick. He's sleuthing at his best right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's a huge leap to make as somebody who supposedly doesn't, you know, believe in witches yet kind of does like I don't know that that just was a huge leap, But fine, Piper phoebe bombarded by gifts and affection by men. But Piper, being the reasonable one, is like, listen, this spell is not you know, this isn't real love, This isn't true love, Like we should probably reverse this spell. And then I call and I ask my sisters for help to look through the Book of Shadows.
Speaker 5: Now she needs help.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, she needs the books help. And she says that she falls asleep the dream storre serwer will kill her, which is you know, I don't And then like, so why do you get in your car and try to drive home? Why aren't you like anyway.
Speaker 2: Drinking coffee immediately right right.
Speaker 1: Like instead she's in our car like nodding off, and you're like, what are you doing, Like, come on, Prue, don't be so you know stupid. But the great thing is is that she does not die from crashing her car into like a poll and it brings her sisters in, who give her you know again that sort of connectivity drew that you were talking about before, of like they're always stronger together.
Speaker 3: I thought this was and this is a testament to Connie's genius because you can tell that definitely was the episode was meddled by But this to be now in this accident and now in a coma where you're forced to sleep, is a really really smart kind of thing that we have to overcome, Like this is an obstacle like that we love as an audience, like, oh shit, she can't wake up like before, like Okay, maybe you're blasting the ac, you're taking coffee, but now you've been in a car accident, you are in a coma, Like the stakes couldn't be higher in this moment. I thought that was really well played, like from a story point standpoint. So then we have the girls there whispering to you because a lot of times you hear that people in comas can still here people there in the room and they you know, we've heard countless stories of this, But I think that was a really smart story device. And I like that, you know, Piper and Phoebe are there are now kind of like trying to help guide her through this this battle that she's ultimately going to have with Whittaker.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the power within and I guess there's another through line as far as the every episodic installment of that you are how you can do this, and you're getting the support of those who love you. That that enlighten you to the fact that no matter what you're facing, you can do this. You can navigate, you can you can persevere, you can conquer this.
Speaker 1: So I like it, h I mean, had I honestly believe that, Like, had the sisters not come to the hospital and been in her ear, she you know, it would have been a very different result.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: It was then their belief that she could do it there like love for her, that that gave her the strength in her coma to actually fight this guy back, and you find the way to her powers through the coma to throw him off the building and ultimately kill him.
Speaker 3: And I think this episode does a great job of executing the Sisterhood tribes over evil, Like, when you guys are really connected this, you can overcome anything. And I think dream sorcer, especially that kind of pinnacle moment when you have that showdown with him, that yes what I get.
Speaker 8: And dreams of course internal reflection of the of all battles that reside within you. And so you're overcoming the most horrific things of unimaginable consequence. That is actually your own battle that resides within you. And you're being shown through your dreams the power of you being able to no matter what you're confronted with that internally you have the capacity and the abilities to do that.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate that mechanism.
Speaker 5: And then you say you're never going to doubt Andy again.
Speaker 3: You do say that? Did you say that?
Speaker 8: I do say that under my side, you know, and of course that that is the thought of the moment.
Speaker 4: But this is all new, man, I mean it.
Speaker 8: I don't want to be a part of this stuff that I think deep inside Darryl knows is in existence. I think we all know that there are things that are beyond our comprehension. And now you're having this as a reality that you have to navigate in every day. So whatever you stated, then it is going to be consistent battle of that as for us is coming to terms with that and be confronted with the reality of that.
Speaker 4: Day in and day out.
Speaker 5: Never's a long time, just so.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: And then stock Randy shows up with more flowers.
Speaker 1: Go figure exactly, and that's the end of the episode.
Speaker 3: Well, reminding her sisters never forget. The genuine of action is better than any sort of affection you can conjure with a spell.
Speaker 5: Careful what you wish for.
Speaker 3: That's very true.
Speaker 5: Careful.
Speaker 1: You know, I might take some conjured affection over real affection nowadays in my life. But sure that's just me, just life experience. Yeah, you know what I really liked about it. I really liked my dress that I was in when I threw him over the end of the building. I really liked it. I liked my hair, I liked my dress.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: You were having a good old time this episode. I remember that stage built inside where you threw him off, and all the smoke hole of hell of smoke.
Speaker 1: It would But it was, like, I don't know, it was there was something very sexy about this episode. Even though he was trying to kill me. There was still something oddly sexy, like the way it was lit that outfits the whole thing, Like it was just a yeah it was. I I liked filming this episode.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was dream sort sort of voice.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I thought Matt actually did a great job too, Like you know, a good villain kind of has a lot of fun doing it. Yeah, that's that's what we love about some of our villains. It's like, oh, they're they're taking He took a lot of joy in it, and I thought from an acting standpoint, he did great, Like it was a really fun kind of he made some really fun choices and.
Speaker 1: Like he had some charming moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, absolutely.
Speaker 8: I enjoyed the cold the cold open and what you were talking about him kind of having fun with that that last scene that they had where he just kind of when he pushed it over over the over the ledge and kind of did this how and did this moment that they captured and then cut cut the commercial, so again drew the fun of that he was having with that character.
Speaker 4: Was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, So overall we liked it.
Speaker 5: Me not so much.
Speaker 3: But it's it's not the best, but it's not the worst.
Speaker 4: I found some things that I enjoyed. I don't know if I'm muna say yeah, I found some things that I enjoyed.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, audience, we would like you to, you know, weigh in on this, like did you hate the episode? Did you like it?
Speaker 5: Shannon enjoyed it quite a bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are other episodes I liked better. That we all did. But I think for the beginning of this show still trying to find its legs and then like finding its legs with like a you know, dead Man episode, But then again we don't, you know, everything shot out a sequence. But we can't keep referring to that because it's how the audience views it, not like what are what we think it should have been or how it should have been. It's like how they view it and how we, you know, end up playing those characters where it's all believable. At the end of the day, I think that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Speaker 5: Does that make sense?
Speaker 8: It does, And again Drew's made a comment about this, it was ninety eight I believe this episode correct and the time that we were in a also some other stuff that, you know, like the restrictions that were imposed as far or what you had to navigate that early on in all the resources and figuring out all those moving parts to do something of this nature. We started talking about stunts and special effects and blah blah blah blah. So considering again fifth episode, first season, it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, maybe it's because I never watched the show so now I watch it, I don't know there's an appreciation for it. I'm not in my critical stage of the show. I'm in that like first awareness of it where I'm like, oh, wow, you know what for what it was us in that day and age, It's really good. It's really entertaining, and and it's very creative. Like who comes up with a dream sorcerer who can kill women by throwing them off buildings in a dream? Like to me that like, well that's actually creative. Like yeah, so yeah, I'm I'm in an appreciative phase. Maybe if I have to watch it three times that might change.
Speaker 3: Well just wait till next week's wedding from how and you will see.
Speaker 1: I'm not listening. I'm going in with very fresh eyes fresh yes.
Speaker 4: Just.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 3: Remember this moment.
Speaker 8: I enjoy where all this kind of stuff stems from from Greek mythology. When we start talking about why am I forgetting the guy from Morpheus and and this and the sons of Sleep and and and his his his brothers and his sisters and his his when we we start theinking about there's the woman, all the hypno hypno I believe is Greek, and all these gods and the rulers of dreams and what dreams are about. And I kind of enjoyed that connectedness as far as probably where all this stuff.
Speaker 4: Was sourced from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Duran, you just keep digging real deep his homework, right, I'm like, yeah, what he said? That sounds really good? Can you just can you just write everything for me for now on? I'll just repeat it.
Speaker 4: I could not do better than you, girl. I love you and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: You're just way too smart and funny.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Thanks for hanging out with us.
Speaker 4: D Absolutely yeah, yeah, we love you.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to have you back on.
Speaker 8: Me too, if you guys get a chance. I don't know if you are aware of this. Have you seen the Obi Wan Kenobi series?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Do you see that you're not a fan Star Wars any of that stuff. Well, take a look and punching doing Gregory and Darth Vader, and I'd love for you, guys, I love for you to let me know what you think.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm yeah. And I'm telling you you should have done the synopsis.
Speaker 4: I should have.
Speaker 3: Hey, why don't we give them a short time to do it right now? But we can come full circle and where we begin.
Speaker 2: It's cut and paste.
Speaker 4: No, we'll wait, we'll wait, come.
Speaker 5: On, take a shat, no pressure.
Speaker 8: All you got to do is just Google search it, and you'll you'll, you'll, you'll, you'll understand Darth Vader and that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely going to Google search it, and then you're you're gonna come right back on here and do whatever they're asking you to do.
Speaker 4: That. Boy, was that a lot.
Speaker 3: I would love to well, thanks again, d for being here.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'll see you soon.
Speaker 4: I love you too. I'll talk to you guys later.
Speaker 1: I have a great day, you too.
Speaker 3: God he's such a sweet man, so smart. Thanks guys for checking this week out. We'll see you next week. House of halliwell
Speaker 4: Mhm