Speaker 1: Wake Up, Wake up in.
Speaker 2: The mall and.
Speaker 3: It's on the radio, and the dogs already in lunchbox. More game two, Bread have it trying to put.
Speaker 4: You through the buck.
Speaker 1: He's ridding this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the box, so.
Speaker 5: You knowing this.
Speaker 6: The Bobby ball.
Speaker 1: Bobby's school's evacuated as a kid brings an explosive to show and tell. Oh, I wonder if there any parents out there that would call us if they had a story about their kid accidentally taking something to school. They shouldn't. Now, it doesn't have to be your mess. Yeah, you know you're right, right, right, right? I took a bullet, so that would be one right that they just grabbed. And from what you guys tell me, you can't control the kid all the time, correct, Yeah, so it's tough. Four yeah, yeah, yeah, everybody that Junior high school had to be evacuated after a kid brought it an explosive device to show and tell. It was not the normal fire drill for children because well it wasn't a drill and there wasn't a fake fire, but a historic incendiary device, which is something that explode.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: The item was presented in class and The school was calmly evacuated. The school said all necessary processes were followed. It sounds like it was an old bomb or something like an old It doesn't say exactly, but if they're yes, if they're saying historic, yes, like an old old mine, probab you know, you know one of those like that you step on. No, I know what mine is. I never even think about a mine. I think it would have said grenade. Right, they didn't say anything. He brings down like a missilelauncher. That's from the Daily Mail. Yeah, and I bet you he just thought it was something cool. His parents might have even thought it was something cool and old to take, not knowing that it could still explode. And maybe it couldn't still explode, but it was one of those where you better just get everybody out just in case. Southwest. Ah, there's another flight story, which yesterday we learned what the flight deck means. Flight deck it means it's the other word for cockpit. And then Amy went a little too long on elaborating why we don't call it. It was just a thing, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. But here's another story. Southwest passengers evacuate a smoke filled plane after a smartphone and a seat burst into flames. How does the phone catch on fire? Let me tell you this. I'm on a phone twenty four hours a day. I don't know how. If any phone was gonna catch on fire, it will be mine. And it never has.
Speaker 2: Does it say the brand of phone?
Speaker 1: Well, let me get into it. Pastors were forced to evacuate after a phone battery caught on fire. But like, I can't even see my battery because it's in my phone, right, you can't get to that. So everybody saw the smoke. It filled the back of the cabin. The incident occurred one hundred and seven. Pastors were aboard the flight they were going to Houston. A smartphone started smoking, filling the cabin. A seat caught on fire. Like, what is this like a Flipmore's flip phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. That's why I'm curious about it.
Speaker 7: But sometimes, you know, I need a charger, and I'll grab one at the gas station, like if I'm traveling, like, oh, I need this charger, and then those get really really really.
Speaker 1: Really hot, like the crappy chargers.
Speaker 7: Yes, And then I get nervous that like while I'm charging my phone, something's going to catch on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes if I can't get any charge on my phone, I just put a lighter under it and burn the bottom of it and hopefully it'll like generate power. Or no no, no no, but next up. New research finds the optimal time kids should dedicate to homework in an evening.
Speaker 7: Like the amount of time or exactly what time we should be doing it.
Speaker 1: Hey, take a breath, I really like, let's should we do it.
Speaker 7: Let's be a six pm I deal? Or should we only do it for two hours?
Speaker 2: Or is four hours?
Speaker 1: So this is what that it's like the duration, okay, duration, We're all going to do that. Let's have a good life.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is, we exceed it, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Us spending more than seventy minutes on homework only produces very small gains. Ninety to one hundred minutes causes performance to decline about an hour, and that hour doesn't have to be consecutive. But they say if you do about an hour a night dedicated, that is the perfect amount and not really much more. Now, there are times where we have to do more just to work. In general, there are times you have to do less. But you could also be that kid that just crushes dude. I would go home. I did homework for a living, not even my own. Shouldn't brag about the No, you made money off that's what I did. Oh, that's cool. I had no money. So I would be in seventh grade doing tenth grader's homework, having to learn it. By the time I got a tenth grade I'd be like, are you kid, I've been cheating for years and giving kids homework? I give that home. I got this.
Speaker 7: Well, it's sort of like the opposite here, I'm forty three doing a seventh grader's homework.
Speaker 1: But I bet it's the same, Like I had to learn it in the same way that you had to learn it. And now I'm not comparing us to those ages our mental capacities, Yes, but you have to learn what again, right, what they're doing.
Speaker 7: Yes, And it's just it takes us longer than an hour, and you're like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Two hours a little bit. They're talking about schools as well, and not just parents are not just going hey parents, You're yeah, it's like schools should only give out enough that would be an hour.
Speaker 2: Like that doesn't happen. I don't think, No, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Take a break, We're gonna move We're gonna go to the next door. It not happened. Yeah, we're huh feel good about that? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes honestly, we just don't get it.
Speaker 1: Don't get on though.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just just we didn't get it done, Like just.
Speaker 1: Gonna move on. Like segment though, you take a and those.
Speaker 2: Dan quizzes on school g or whatever, Oh my god, you could do.
Speaker 7: So I go in here and I take the quiz and then I'm like, well, I feel like I got every one of them right, and it's got fifty.
Speaker 1: Last night, we just didn't know how to do it. We got the answer trying to move on back. Okay, Yeah, I felt that I.
Speaker 2: Was just a practice around. Then he get my son got to do it. But I got fifty, and I was like, how how did I get a fifty?
Speaker 7: I know that I got He's right, I I asked Alexa.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna move on to what did you almost sad.
Speaker 7: I thought she taught me wrong when I asked my device to teach me how to do it, she taught me wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're gonna move on to then You're good.
Speaker 7: It's not even passing my daughter's like, that's f I know it is, I know it is. Yeah, And then my daughter is like, yeah, y'all are stupid. And then I'm like, whoa, calm down. We're trying to figure this out. And she's like, I think they're gonna have to lower, like fifty is gonna have to become passing because people are just getting dumber and dumber.
Speaker 2: Okay, So all right, Bubby, have you done homework as an adult with your children?
Speaker 1: I know I have no children.
Speaker 2: Come on over.
Speaker 8: No, oh yeah, I could pay you, just like you used to make money.
Speaker 1: I need the money anymore. Sure that was not a necessity, we'll pay Well, yeah, I think so that was out aunecessity. Okay, well, I guess that's it. That's the news. Thank you Bobby's stories. I had to leave studio sick yesterday. We finished the show. I left studio sick, and it's fine. We finished the show. That was great, excellent. So I think I got like a stomach bug because I don't have like sinus stuff. I don't have. It's not COVID. I just had COVID. I think I got some stomach bug, and so I'm battling through it. And every extra day I get sick, I'm like, well, must be a forty hour book. And that turns it out. I'd thro those seventy two hour books.
Speaker 2: I think there's maybe a little denial.
Speaker 1: On what, like what the bug bug it is?
Speaker 2: It's a bug bug.
Speaker 1: Well, it did go from food poisoning to bugs. That's because it lasted.
Speaker 7: Longer, right, And now that's information, that's data, And I just think that.
Speaker 1: And also my desk is so separated from everybody.
Speaker 2: You're fine. I don't fear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Amy coming from Amy who came here with COVID.
Speaker 2: No fear here, come to work sick.
Speaker 1: Question question two questions One because I went to the bathroom just here for half an hour yesterday during the show. Was that noticeable?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you don't do that.
Speaker 1: I don't even go to the bathroom during the show.
Speaker 2: I thought you honestly, like somebody pulled you into a meeting.
Speaker 1: Usually, ILL like put tape over my bathroom holes so I never have to go. Just to make sure you don't before I come in, I duct tape cover bow holes and it just it just stays.
Speaker 7: I know you're joking right now, but now I wonder if you've honestly thought about that.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I just said it, you know, I just thought of it.
Speaker 2: He's like, would it work?
Speaker 1: It is a rough one yesterday, So I finished the show, went home immediately, and just basically late in the bed all day. But Amy came in yesterday because we were doing stuff early and she was like, I can't move my neck.
Speaker 7: How's that it's gotten better? I think I don't know what happened. I did some different stretches last night and this morning, so hopefully we're on the mend. It's just like every once in a while, my neck just starts to go out. I think it's an age thing. But I was running up my stairs before I left my house and tripped a little bit, and I think that that.
Speaker 2: Took me out of a line. Meant but we're good.
Speaker 1: That sounds like exactly what it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's probably the part of it you were waiting for me to tell. But I didn't want to say again that I tripped.
Speaker 2: Because I just don't know.
Speaker 7: Like the steps are the same steps I walk up every single day, so like, what's different?
Speaker 2: Why would I Why would I trip on it?
Speaker 1: You should use some tape balance.
Speaker 2: It's just like I don't. It's a depth perception thing.
Speaker 1: And today it's good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm feeling better, but I had to do I YouTube and stretches.
Speaker 8: Actually creaking necks the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you don't realize how much you turn your neck. Like if we listed the worst, and let's take out really bad stuff like cancer and aids the bowl like the really killers. Right, so that's not that's the worst, worst, but let's do like the worst when it's really not the worst, but it feels like it's the worst, for example, h and also in your mouth when you get one of those, so it's the worst, but.
Speaker 2: This is the whole day and you keep biting it more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their tooth is like rubbing ag.
Speaker 9: Oh, I got one.
Speaker 1: Right now, so that that is the worst. I give you another one. Well it's for me. It's a lot of mouth stuff because I talk all day. What you got? Oh No, I'm not like him. I don't have any right now, but I mean the white spot in my mouth when you get a big nod on your tongue. Oh yeah, it's called it li bomb. But do you guys ever get told about lie bomps Lie? I don't know what we got told about it.
Speaker 2: Do you think you got it because you were lying?
Speaker 1: Oh, my mind's blondy for Grandma' didn't tell you about lie bomps? Why they said you got it because you lied? I wonder if this is a Southern thing and you're just realizing this. Oh did you see me grab my heade? Oh my god, I thought everybody knew about lie bomps. So it's the It's like if you get a bump on your tongue, yeah, bump. I was told I got those because I lied and you had lied, So you're like, of course I lied alight all the time. I was just a little kid telling stories.
Speaker 2: Do you have a lot of bumps?
Speaker 1: Not a lot, but they would come like every few. I would get a big one. And do you keep biting it? Because anything in your mouth, your mouth is intricately designed where you're just like closing it and missing things by a mill eater. So you get a live bomb. Well, I can't believe they weren't called live bumps, so you guys. So lie bumps, also known as transient lingual papolitis, the are small, painful bumps that appear on the tongue. They are caused by inflamed or enlarged papalalai. The tiny bumps. They contain taste buds and they cover the tongue. They occur when something irritates. It could be possible poor oral hygiene. Absolutely could have been me. Never went to the dentist on my twenties eating spicy foods. I don't do that stress as a kid. Don't know allergies. Eh, i'd have them now, but I can't believe they weren't live bumps. I'm gonna go home and think that. Huh, I never heard of that. Okay, so that's one of the worst.
Speaker 7: One mine right now is my foot cramps up a lot. My toes spread out real wide.
Speaker 1: That's worse.
Speaker 7: It's well, it's the worst of me right now because there's nothing I can do about it.
Speaker 2: It's likely dehydration. So I should just get ahead.
Speaker 1: Of a live bumps live foot.
Speaker 7: No, But like my toes like they spread out like this, really far apart, and then I just I can hold my foot up in my foot's like this and there's nothing I can do about it, and it's so painful, like I.
Speaker 2: Don't even want to touch it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a cramp. It is it is the hydration because athletes any eat bananas, drink yeah, drink water.
Speaker 2: I got some electrolytes, so you know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: But another one is and I don't think just just throwing up generally sucks.
Speaker 8: But when you can't stop, what do you oh, there's nothing left and you keep having a gag, it's like yeah, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like you can't control, Like you have no control. Sometimes when you throw up, you don't have control, but you can kind of like hold on, hold on, hold on that. And I've never been like drunk, like throw up, but I imagine that's what that's like. Dude, you don't even know that's coming. You're just like, what's up? That's the worst. Yeah, that's crazy. That's the worst. Other things that are worse. Have you ever?
Speaker 10: I mean, this is bad, but if you're broken a finger or something and realize how much you use your finger.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well. I mean my story is like high school football, like relegate manly stuff. But yeah, I liked it. I liked it because I got to walk around with stuff on my hand. Had you do that, I was making a blow.
Speaker 2: I've never broken anything.
Speaker 1: I would never say that. That's like, that's like saying I've never gotten a ticket, or I haven't gotten a ticket in years, Amy knock on wood for how clumsy are.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I just don't think my body.
Speaker 7: I think whatever it is, it's just not really breakable, like the bones, like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm more like, I don't know, is that a superhero.
Speaker 2: Because I've I've had some balls and stuff.
Speaker 7: Like I should have probably broke something and I've never never.
Speaker 2: Had so I just I don't know. Maybe it's just the way I'm made.
Speaker 1: Anybody else have a Oh man, that's the worst spasms like backspac like I mean just a little mu oh my gosh. I had next spasms one time, and I couldn't.
Speaker 9: I mean, I thought athletes were wins with like, oh they're out with backspasms, Like come on, guys, a little.
Speaker 1: Twitch in your back and if you get them, you can't move.
Speaker 9: I'd rather I was pulling my hair to make myself feel.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're putting paint somewhere else. It was that painful.
Speaker 9: I went to the doctor and they gave me paint pills and it didn't work, and I went to the e rs Hey they misdiagnosed me like I got something wrong, like I'm dying, and they're no, it's just neck spasms.
Speaker 1: They never had a blister in your nose, inside your nostril. No, terrible. Do you pick your nose? No? No, no, no, you can't even squeeze your nose because it hurts. Why do you think that happened?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I have another one, but go ahead. Yours reminds me of of mine. Don't know why that happens.
Speaker 10: But you get them right inside your nostrils, and then when you're like, oh your nose itches.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, you touch it, it hurts so bad. I'm doing a spin off episode on yours. When you get a small pimple like in your nose or like right on the that's it.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: I mean. I don't know. Is it a pimple blister? Yeah, yeah, I mean it's oh, they're two different things. Okay, it's a pimple. Then, oh, that's what I'm talking about. Then I shall say I felt that it's crazy, dude, that sucks, or like you can't know. You can't only see it, but I thought I hurt. You just want to squeeze it, but nothing. That's that's that's the worst to uh you ever get like a fever blister? Oh outside the side? Yeah, yeah, I haven't had one since I was like fifteen or sixteen, Bobby, don't say that. You just told Amy no, But I've had but I had them when I was younger, Like fever blisters. Is that herpyh two different things, that's what.
Speaker 2: It Isn't it a kind of herpees?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: That's herpes? There may be like it doesn't mean but I think a fever it's a sun I think you can get them differently from the sun, because that's what mine ended up was. It was from like shun burning my lists. But I could be wrong, dude. I thought a live bump was real till like five minutes ago. See if there's like a sun blister or like it's a cold sor the same thing, because I haven't had one of those a long time, dude. Let's see sun blisters, second degree burns, or fluid filled bumps that appear on the skin after too much UV radiation from the sun. Not the same thing. But fun fact, most of us have a herpes virus in us, it just if not the kind that you think of, like on a Dane Dong, but like in a different version that just is lies dormant, but sometimes it pops up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sometimes does which one? That's what would everywhere all the kinds.
Speaker 1: Herpe simplex virus HSV one is the most common type of herpe's effects about seventy percent of people under fifty worldwide. And some people never it's like the mouth, but they never it never actually asymptomatic. Yeah, it never actually pops out. Okay, I didn't actually mind.
Speaker 8: That segment anybody, But overall it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: It's like anybody have hurt.
Speaker 7: That's what I was gonna say, Like anybody would admit to ever having that.
Speaker 8: Kind But because some people, what kind of question is that?
Speaker 2: That's why I stopped it started.
Speaker 7: They didn't ask you to go again and again because they kind of said it. And then I was like, yeah, that's where we have the other herpes.
Speaker 1: People you do exactly taking care of themselves. That's very common.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you're not alone, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're not alone. But I think what I found the most entertaining about that Amy was going to go that she goes now, and then none of us encourage her to go, and then she just did it again anyway?
Speaker 8: Like somebody encourage me? No, like somebody a little voice. Okay, So here's what we're going to do. I do have a bunch of calls. We're going to get to all the calls, including someone who heard about live bumps. Oh okay, so you're not alone whatever. It's my grandma from heaven and she's calling.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be cool if you got one call like prison, Yes, you got one call like a month from somebody, somebody in heabit once a month, that'd be awesome. And it was only like five minutes. Oh man, this is I'm writing a story here, a book like that.
Speaker 2: You're going to pretend happened to you.
Speaker 1: No, that'd be awesome, my grandma, And then I get coming in and bumps all my time tomorrow. All right, hold up back a second. Let's talk to Athena in Virginia. Who's on the phone. Athena, thank you for calling. What's going on?
Speaker 11: I just wanted to you know that.
Speaker 6: Yes, the by bumping is a seven thing.
Speaker 1: I grew up in Georgia and that was always a thing with my mom and grandmothers. I'm so glad you call because for those that didn't not here. The last segment, I was talking about the bumps you get on your tongue, and I said, my grandma aways told me they were lie bumps. My grandma raised me for a lot of my life, and so I was convinced every time I got when I lied, probably because I lied a lot, and I and the rest of the show we got Texas, Texas, Texas, Kansas. They were like, we've never heard of that. So I thought, at times I say things that are extremely hillbilly esque because Texas is not really the South, which you hasn't met that even though it's the most southern. Correct, I'm not saying like southern bell Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's geographically south. It was weird, but it is not the South. I'm from the South. That's Arkansas where I'm from, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, you know, virgin all that area. And I thought, well, maybe they just didn't know it's not from the South, or maybe just never lied. I thought about that too, maybe you never lied. Thank you for calling a thing. I really appreciate that. Of course, today you have a good day too, Okay, Tuesday reviews day. We'll go quick if you don't have one. Let me know you gotta go. Full review no soft reviews on Tuesday reviews day. I've finished Penguin Season one on Max. Don't think it's a superhero show. It is not. It's based off of the Penguin and Batman. There aren't. It's like a I never watched what's that gangster shows? I never watched the Pranos, but it's probably like that with just like slightly more fiction. Yeah, it's a mafia show. It's it's it's awesome. It's four and a half out of five. Okay, And can I say who the villain the girl is is that it's not spoiling right now, that's in the synopsis. Can I mention how I met your mother? With that it being a spoiler and that's been a while, so the mom and how I met your mother? Who's like the softest, sweetest actress and she ends up being the mom. She's one of the villains. She's so good and at first when she's on you're like, she can't be the villain. I only know her for doing like super soft sweet roll. She's so, she's so good, four and a half out of five. Her feet well, it's good. So I'm giving the Penguin that we finished season one of From. Okay, From is a show we watch on Amazon, and From is a show where they're in this town. They don't they can't get out of this town, and at night, these little these monsters come out of the woods and it's about that. But it's not about that. It's right. We finished season one. It's four and a half out of five rocks with symbols on it. Okay, it's a At first, it's a bit horror esque where I'm like, I don't like scary stuff. I'm I gonna do this, and then there's a bit of a shift and it's more than just that their layers. I love it. We finished season one and we're like, we got to go to season two. So two four and a halfs From on Amazon, Penguin on Max. Great, here we go.
Speaker 2: Frosty, Save your Time.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's a movie on Netflix.
Speaker 7: It's a Christmas one, and you know these are gonna be cheesy, so I expect them to be kind of bad but also amazing at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's called hot Frosty.
Speaker 2: This one's just bad. It's so I don't know I give.
Speaker 1: It just holiday harmony, just.
Speaker 7: Because it's Christmas time. Ish, I'll give it two out of five scarves.
Speaker 1: Let's go around. If you have nothing, you can say nothing, Eddie.
Speaker 10: I have The Return of the King, The Fall and Rise of Elvis Presley.
Speaker 1: It's a documentary brand new on Netflix. Awesome.
Speaker 10: It's so, you know, we've seen everything about you've seen everything about Elvis, but this is about the nineteen sixty eight comeback special. You know where he's on the black leather. So apparently that is why. No, no, no, this is so the colonel who was his manager ruined his career, signed him to a twenty seven movie deal and like killed his career, so he had stopped singing. This special is what brought Elvis back. Had no idea. I'm the biggest Elvis fan. I didn't know who that like this story. Conan Ryan's on there, Billy Corgan for the Smashing Pumpkins, Bruce Springsteen narrating this stuff.
Speaker 1: It's so cool to see this stuff. Review man, I say five out of five diamonds.
Speaker 12: Okay Morgan, Yeah, I watched Borderlands.
Speaker 2: I watched it for free on like Myself West Play.
Speaker 1: It was just on New or TV show.
Speaker 12: It's a new movie with Kate Blanchett and it's about this other worldly she's a bounty hunter and she has to travel between planets.
Speaker 1: Oh man, say no more that I know.
Speaker 12: And that's it was very suicide squad esque misfits. This whole thing all the makings of a movie I would love.
Speaker 1: And it was good. It was cheesy enough that.
Speaker 12: I liked it, but it wasn't something that I would watch again.
Speaker 1: Good movie playing good good plane movie, great plane movie.
Speaker 12: Ye, not something I don't know that I'd spend my Friday night watching per se Man. There's a movie lasch watch two Years'm gonnaok up this movie. I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 2: Oh, two out of five.
Speaker 1: Keys got it. Two out of five keys got it. Yeah, I got nothing. I'll just have a soft review. And there's no soft review. No soft reviews on Tuesday, reviews day, okay, no podcast or anything Watchboks No man, it's a busy week movie, Mike, I'm with you.
Speaker 11: I also finished The Penguins Season one. I give it four point five out of five. One of the best shows right here. Yeah, I don't want people to think it's all batmany. I hoped it was Batmany and then it ends up not being Batmany. Like for me, I love Batman, so I get that from it too. But if you don't watch Batman or whatsoever, you can still love this show.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try, Hey, ray, if something, do we have a bleep button, like, if something happens, can you drop me? Okay, just be careful because I'm gonna go and try to find this movie and I'm gonna get on TikTok and then if I mess up, Oh yeah, TikTok's risky, it'd be bad. Okay, definitely. I'm watching this guy Brandon talks movies, and I get fed this because I like all movie Mike stuff on TikTok. So then I get fed all the other movie stuff. Okay, hold on, I'm fast forwarding. Here we go. Okay, okay, predestination is what it's called on Netflix. Okay, here we go. I haven't seen it yet. Oh dam this weekend, you can fast forward TikTok. You just hold your hands thumb on it it double times in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this came out like I don't know when TikTok invented. That's huge I'm glad I didn't know this. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: OK, I'm just like, dang, I gotta watch the whole thing again.
Speaker 1: It's called Predestination with oh you can also open and drag your finger on the bottom and take it back to the Oh. I didn't know that either, guys. I was just making a joke. But now we watched the whole thing and then wait to watch again. Oh.
Speaker 5: No, time travel movies, you have to check out Predestination. This film follows a temporal agent who travels through time in order to stop criminals from committing their crimes in the future. At this time, he has to hunt down his nemesis in order to just stop them from committing a crime that will end millions of lives. Again, if you're a fan of mind bending time travel movies, yes, this one is definitely one to watch.
Speaker 1: I'm in see, I haven't even seen that one, but I saw that. Mike, what's your TikTok? Mike gistra follow Mike because Mike does lots of movie reviews and like stuff. So then I like those and I get fed all his bull crab and then I'm like, oh, I like this stuff too. I'm gonna watch Predestination this weekend probably. Okay, I gotta get in a couple more goals. Okay, I'm about to vomit. Okay, I'm not really feeling great today. I'm be honest with you. Hey to go talk to Scott and Florida. Hey, Scott, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Thank you for coming. Hold one second, Scott, start over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, So I just wanted to tell you a story. I lived down here in Florida, close to Madeira Beach, but not on the island side. When the hurricanes hit, we had Helaine, and then we had Milton's. Well, my friend came from the UK and he was supposed to be here to put flowers on some another's grave at Madeira Beach, taking to a concert and celebrates his birthday. Instead from eight o'clock to eight o'clock for two weeks we were cleaning houses out on the beach. I ended up raising ten thousand dollars thanks to Reef's Windows, fran Haush and gas Holmes real estate here in Madeira and Saint Pete and in that area. Well, anyway, we bought seven thousand dollars in toats. We bought three thousand dollars one hundred dollars gift cards and we gave them to random people we didn't know. We started cleaning houses my friends. They saw what we were doing and we cleaned about twenty houses out on the beach. After that. Saltwater Hippie is on Madeira Beach. They have a music hall that is owned the buildings owned by a man named Bill who owned Savados and a John's Pass and a few other places and Saltwater Hippie. They donated the music hall and we turned it into the largest donation spot probably on the West coast. It looks like a mini Walmart, well yeah, pretty much many Walmart. And then also now we're having people donate furnsure. We've had trucks come from Houston, Indiana, Utah all over bringing supplies to the beach to help everybody out. And my friend the reason why. My friend from the UK is a country singer just plays in Bards, but he has albums out. His name is Kellen James k E l a I N James Uh. He wrote a song called Riding Out the Hurricane and it is a beautiful song that's cast many people here to cry and so forth. But this has been going on since the first hurricane and we're still going at it. And the volunteers that have came out to work at the donation shop, I got to give a shout out to them. They are freaking phenomenal. The owners of Saltwater Hippie amazing. Uh during this time, I even had my truck destroyed. But I can up going.
Speaker 1: You cut your finger off. Okay, look here's what we got here. We got a guy. This is one of those you just start a little snowball. Next thing you know, snowball gets bigger than a lot of people are helping, and obviously the area still needs a lot of help, but you guys are killing it. That's awesome. Dude. What about the finger? Yea, he cuts his fingers. Hey Scott, thank you for that story. And did you put a band aid on that finger or what happened?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: Actually, the skiel saw I was scotting the walls up four feet tall and the skill saw hit a hard part of the wall and I waited to catch skill saw and a split finger in two.
Speaker 1: But well, I'm not. I can't take any more of this car. I like Scott, and thank you for sharing that. I hope that it inspires people that are listening to you can just do your thing and if other people here, then they do their thing and next thing you know, you got big things happening. That whole finger thing, I don't like. That sucks for Scott. I'm sorry to hear that, Buddy. Thank you for calling, and thank you for continuing to like give and work and help others and be selfless. It's really cool, Scott, So thank you. Hope you have a nice day. Buddy.
Speaker 6: Didn't check out this song? Rod?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, check it out. I check it out, And then I got a little confused during the call if that was just all a promotional opportunity for his buddy.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I think he's genuine, even.
Speaker 1: Though he went back to it. I mean everything was probably real that heal. I don't think there's a single lie to No. No, I don't think he made the whole thing up to get his buddy on. But then I have to be careful about letting people do that, because then everybody ends up calling with something to go. Oh yeah, checking out my friend Clint Wilson got that new song it's called Tuesday on Broadway, and I'm like, uh, let's go to beth and Pennsylvania real quick. Hey Beth, Hi, welcome to the show. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Hi, Bobby I was calling. I know you kind of went off the subject. But LI blisters, well you call him live bumps. I live in Pennsylvania and Williams Sports, the home of the Little League World Series. We called them live blisters growing up, and then when my kids were coming up, I called them live blisters, and every time that they would get one, I would say, Okay, what'd you lie about? And a lot of times they would tell on themselves. Yep. I would get them by calling them live blisters, and then they would get in trouble for what they did. But then they caught on that it was just a bump in their mouth, a little blister or whatever. And then my grandchildren grow are coming up now, the oldest one sixteen, the youngest ones three. But I call them that to them. I haven't caught them yet, or but yeah.
Speaker 1: If we if we're honest, you didn't catch the other ones either. You tricked them. And I don't hate it. I don't hate it. I think it's I think it's great, and I was never like told to confess my lies because I normally mind were just like stupid stuff because I didn't have to lie about anything. But I just remember being like I must have lied. I got to live, I must have lied. Or maybe at school I never lied to them.
Speaker 7: All at my ground if they were like how are you, and you're like, I'm good, but really you weren't.
Speaker 1: No, it was always good as a kid. I didn't know the difference. Oh yeah, I know the difference.
Speaker 2: I didn't meet.
Speaker 7: I mean, these kids, we all I'm not even talking about your circumstances, like you know.
Speaker 1: Don't We always say like you're good, Yeah, you're good. It is weird if you go eat somebody who don't know and you're like, hey, how's it going, man, it's a terrible no good. I run like, don't fail me. Now I'm out of here. That's just a way to say hello, hey, Beth. I really appreciate you calling. I hope you have a great day.
Speaker 2: You too.
Speaker 4: I love the show. I listened to it every morning and have for years.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, and hopefully we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: New data out about how much alcohol you can drink and still be healthy. Come on, guys, anxious to hear this, Yes, of everyone, because the guys on the show have gotten a little older. Of everyone that actually took interest, Morgan raised her head. The fastest she drinks more is she's still at the age in the stage where it's like sometimes she still goes moderate to pretty hard. Averaging no more than one drink a day is relatively low risk. Oh, according to scientists who study alcohol. They warn the risk of cancer rises significantly when you exceed that. Studies have suggested that alcohol contributes about half a dozen types of cancers, including breast, colorectal, heart, liver. The only way to completely avoid health related problems is to stop drinking, they say, First of all, you want to avoid a lot of these elements that come into no drinking. However, they know that's actually not something that most people are going to hear and do it because a lot of things that we do and eat, they're like that sugar. I mean, we could walk through all of the stuff that is harming our body and possibly raising our chances of different kind of cancers. Okay, now that's all said. They are evaluating alcohol consumption guidelines. Men consume no more than two drinks a day, for women no more than one. So this is the recommendation. Newer guidelines continue to be a bit more conservative than that. They looked at the risk of dying from anything alcohol related, including they put in heart disease, accidents, life changes. They deemed the risks of you need two drinks a week or.
Speaker 2: Less to be low, well, they went from one of day, Well.
Speaker 1: They started factoring in other causes. Three to six drinks as a moderate a week, and then seven or more increasingly high like you can go in any minute.
Speaker 10: Yeah about I'm about three to six a week a week really most of the weekend, not really weak days, but weekend with that what drink a wine mostly and then maybe a couple of beers if I'm grilling.
Speaker 1: I have a friend I'm not going to say his name. It's read and read Read works with uh. He does travels. There's a lot of my digital pictures, video editing. He's like, my guy, it travels works out with that an and I and he was like, I just don't know why I'm not able to lose much weight because he comes and he works hard. And Kevin Klug, our trainer, was like, man, yeah, you even eating? And he's like, I never asked you, Like, like, are you drinking? He goes a couple of beers a night. That'll do it. He's like, that's it. He has a couple of beers a night. He's like, beers that'll do it. That'll do it, that'll do it. Yeah, and not even talking about the cancer, that all the things that say long term.
Speaker 2: But it's like some of his goals, yeah, yeah, fitness goals.
Speaker 1: He's like, I didn't even think about that. And sometimes it's not two, sometimes it's one, but sometimes you just get lost in time. It's four. Yeah. Yeah. So but he's also young. Rai's younger, and but yeah, I know I get you. I guess huh. Watch out a couple of beers. Bobby Bones show up today.
Speaker 9: This story comes us from Miami, Florida. A twenty year old man was in the kitchen cooking dinner with his brother and his brother starts talking. He's like, hey, quit talking and you're getting germs on the food. Brother keeps talking, So what's the twenty year old do? Grabs a knife and stabs him right in the neck.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness. I feel like maybe some sibling rival had already existed, or sibling irritation or mental illness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something like that, a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: He stabbed him just for germs.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he was talking over the food, which she was getting germs on the food. And when police arrived, they found the twenty year old hiding in a tree.
Speaker 1: Also not where I would go if I was feeling good, like feeling all collected, I would not climb a tree. Yeah that sucks. What about the guy you got stabbed?
Speaker 6: He good?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's good.
Speaker 9: He's gonna survive.
Speaker 1: He finished, he gets finished dinner? Uh didn't.
Speaker 9: The food did not get cooked.
Speaker 1: He had to go to the hospital.
Speaker 9: No, okay, Yeah, I'm much boxed at your bonehead.
Speaker 1: Story of the Day had some very exciting news on this show today that I want you to listen to on the podcast because Amy talked about how she might be a superstar after tonight. Well, I talked about it about you big night framing. Hopefully she didn't make the Cutting Them floor and she's on ABC tonight. They're doing that special, the Vegas Country Music Special. Hopefully she's on because they interviewed her and if you said some cool stuff they're gonna chop it up in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, TVD that was there for a long time.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to be in it.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There was some teaser where they used two seconds so of your face, yeah, I am my words. There was an Instagram face though it was my face speaking.
Speaker 1: We're on So if she's gonna be on tonight, watch that it's on ABC. So that's one. So Ammy's going to be a massive national star after tonight. Okay, I kind of feel like you already are. But wait, just wait till after time. We have another one. We have somebody that might be an international star happening soon. And this is big news. Does anybody want to admit to what we're talking about here?
Speaker 2: Anyone international?
Speaker 1: Obviously it's Eddie, Okay, I go ahead, guys. I don't want to jump the gun. I don't want to jump the gun, but this could be huge.
Speaker 10: My Heart sales team, the national sales team, has asked me to do a.
Speaker 1: Commercial spot in Spanish.
Speaker 10: I mean, guys, this could blow me up, Like like right now, you know this is is great and everything, but.
Speaker 1: This could cross what do you mean this is great? Did this show?
Speaker 10: This show and everything and our listeners. We love our listeners. But this could take me to other countries. Yeah, I mean the next thing, you know, I moved to Miami. I do a telenovela and dude, I'm all over Univision.
Speaker 1: That's not another country. Miami is America from Miami, and then be Mexico, Mexico City all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dominican Republic, Cordoransas.
Speaker 7: So guys, I think that this is just like probably not good. I mean, Eddie congratulations hating.
Speaker 1: She's she just hates it.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, I love this actually, Bobby, but I don't know if it's for right now that I share that I've seen Eddie practicing is Spanish for it?
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 1: Can you give us a commercial tomorrow? Do you have you?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 1: You have it done?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well I have the script and then I'm gonna record it. But here's here's the deal. I don't really speak Spanish, so this is tough.
Speaker 1: We do a little bit. We've been places where you've had to speak Spanish.
Speaker 10: Fully, I'm bilingual with my parents, like yeah, but that's about it. I don't know how to read in Spanish, so I'm gonna try my best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see if you can do that today. I want to hear it tomorrow. Okay, but he could be an international star now because of this.
Speaker 2: This is so cool.
Speaker 1: Florida, Miami, Texas, California, Yeah yeah yeah yah, South Texas. Yeah. Well, I'm rooting for you. Thanks man. Anyway, Amy's gonna be on ABC tonight. We're here, Eddie's deal. Thank you so much. We'll see you tomorrow. By Body The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.