Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield ex flowing down the sideline.
Speaker 1: He is hanging with the boys, presented by Windstuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: Shannon is not here, but that's okay because it's Friday, and that's a live Look at the tip.
Speaker 4: Of the Christmas tree outside in front of the ford center of the star, little little gray outside today right now, what's the Come on, man, you gonna have the weather right godly, right now. The current weather is fifty nine degrees with the highest sixty two. The low is fifty. I am in the captain seat today because our captain is not here. He is off in Vegas. He said he's gonna leave after the show. But I learned the new term. Yes, I've never heard that term before, you know, if I can say it on air or not. Little term that I learned yesterday. But he up and got on a flight and it's headed too. Is in Vegas, he facetimed me this morning. He's in Vegas. And some uh and and some some hang with the boys. People are in Vegas with him. I won't tell you what gender they are, but let's just say that some good people in Vegas. This is Nate, he is Kurt. In the back is Chris Beam. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent the Braille people feel us when we speak. Each and every day. Our show is brought to you by Wingstop where Flavor gets his two yes saying that they he do it will be the first day he did it in the Dallas Cowboy uniform.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: We have to give a birthday shot. One of the reasons why Shannon is not here is today's birthday. So happy food to Shannon fifty two. Thank you to one fifty fifty one fifty.
Speaker 5: You need to go see a doctor he adopted he was born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he do need to go get a check up. But not only is it Shannon's birthday, it's freaking Mike's birthday. Is freaking Mike turned sixty today.
Speaker 5: Night McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Freaking Mike, Freaky Mike. Freaky Mike turned sixty year old today. So Shannon and Freaky Mike are celebrating birthdays this weekend. Nothing would be best to go with a birthday cake than a victory over the division rivals or one of Mike Vegas.
Speaker 6: Mike is that.
Speaker 5: The Giants is over matched.
Speaker 4: You know, to be a rival, you actually have to win games. Yeah, to be a rival, you gotta win games, and they haven't done that.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: There. The Cowboys face the New York Giants this Sunday at at and T Stadium. Well, the Giants are sixteen points seventeen seventeen point underdo that's so bad? The Giants have lost all of their games this year by an average margin of sixteen points. So I guess that's where the Let me ask you this.
Speaker 8: If the Cowboys don't win by double digit is it a bad day?
Speaker 4: Yes? Long?
Speaker 5: Is this clean? No game?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: No? No?
Speaker 10: Clean?
Speaker 5: If it's fourteen zip, I'm down with you. No not, I'm not.
Speaker 4: If you can't muster up more than fourteen points against this team again, you are not who you think you are.
Speaker 8: By nine.
Speaker 5: I'm not debate bad. I'm not here to debate that, but I'm saying this is a bad day. Fourteen You know, you rush for eight hundred yards, you throw a seven nine. Nothing, No, no, no, man, something bad that happened, bad that happens.
Speaker 4: No, you're kind of right on that. Yeah, yeah, what's taking phone calls today? We want to hear from you today eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We're actually gonna take phone calls, and Chris, if we got some already on the line, let's let's jump right into these phone calls. Sweet all right, right, Okay, now, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 8: I'll talk.
Speaker 11: I'll talk.
Speaker 5: We'll talk.
Speaker 4: We'll talk.
Speaker 5: You're right, you're right. This ain't not filter what it is.
Speaker 4: We'll talk. We'll take a stab at at one of the pull of points that Kurt gave us this morning at the halfway point of the season. How are you, Kurt, Nate. I'll add in my two cents on how are we feeling about Mike McCarthy and this offense. This is the first year that Mike McCarthy is calling the place here in Dallas. With the exit of Kelling Moore to the Chargers, how are we feeling? Are we feeling about.
Speaker 8: It's still a work in progress. I think most people would.
Speaker 4: Say halfway through working progress.
Speaker 8: I hope, I hope it's a work in progress, but it does seem these last couple of games, if they're you know, we're seeing Dak moving on the more, we're seeing a little bit more downfield. Be nice to could figure out running the game.
Speaker 4: You got it great for Mike McCarthy in the first half of this this this offensive as a play caller. B Nathaniel.
Speaker 5: I got him on a C plus, man, and I think they're starting to move in the right direction. I got him on a C plus, and I think we're moving in the right direction. And if we can just get on the five game winning streat, gonna have him better a reg just that quick, sir. I'm loving it, man, I'm loving it.
Speaker 8: You know you would.
Speaker 5: I wish Cook could get it in a little bit better. But that's why I'm not giving him a B because I need to get we need to get cooked going because and I talked to Danny McCrae about this. Uh, I'm like, why are you so adamant about getting cooked going? He said, Nate, when we get into playoffs, they take somebody. Yeah, they're gonna take CD away, So you better have a guy that's not a jayln Tober or maybe a Gallup who can't get out, can't you know, get separation. At this point, you gonna need another guy. And he is so true.
Speaker 8: We've been hearing Cook said it last week and then again this week and that it's coming. Well, when when is it gonna come? Is it coming along? Don't you? If Shannon was here, that's what she said.
Speaker 4: That's what she said. Let's go to the fold and see if it's coming. Uh, Chris who we got the phone?
Speaker 6: We got James in New York, Jay, new York?
Speaker 4: Is it coming?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 13: All right? Yeah, all right?
Speaker 7: Perfect?
Speaker 14: Yeah, thanks you Callow in New York. So it's been kind of funny and the storing lines going out with this giant team, to say the least. Yeah, But you know, I guess my thoughts in the game is, I know, you know, obviously we're huge favorites and everything, but I think more importantly, you know, this starts a run of four straight games where they'll likely be, you know, a favorite or an overwhelming favorite, like they are going into Sunday's game, and you know, these are the type of games that they really got to. I'm with you, Jesse, they got to play. Well, it's like crisp and you know they should win this game, you know, twenty seven, you know, you know, twenty seven to three, twenty seven to ten, you know, thirty to ten, something like that, where you know they shouldn't have to sweat this game because you know, if they were able to, you know, take care of business as bad as it was last week and gets the Eagles, they have a great shot of having everything in front of them in that WE fourteen game when they face them, you know, you know, in our place, you know, after the Seahawks game.
Speaker 4: Nice, thank you, brother, appreciate the call. Thank you so much. There's one thing I do want to say about these two pending schedules that we have coming up. And maybe this is the cynical side of me, but we we played out these scenarios in our mind that we just said we not everyone everyone. We played these scenarios out in the minter, like, oh yeah, the Eagles have the Eagles will probably be favored on a lot of those matchups. Like, if we're being honest with ourselves, the Eagles will probably be favored in all these matchups that you all are saying that they might lose so like, I know that we wanted to go that way. But the Eagles are eight and one. They are one of the best teams in the National Football League. Kansas City has Kansas City. While we we and we rightfully should we bow to Patrick Mahomes. They haven't been the prettiest and most dominant team all year long. They don't have many weapons outside of Travis Kelce and if old Booboo thing ain't there, he ain't playing well himself. So it all depends that she wants to go to the game and not.
Speaker 8: The only reason they might be favored in that not be favored in that game is it's at Kansas City, right.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad you said what you're saying, Jesse, because who is now you can take the heat off me.
Speaker 8: It's Casey at case Home to Buffalo Home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've already said Buffalo. Nobody turned the ball over more than Josh Allen, thank you. He's had the most turnovers in the last since twenty eighteen or twenty twenty sixty nine of them. That team is another team that you look up and you go they ain't we want to The Buffalo Bills are one of those teams that we just we hope, right because for the narrative, right, we hope they haven't been that and and you know, for the for the for the Philadelphia, they on a two game, three game losing streak. They're coming off the BOTO now, so hopefully they'll get maybe they'll get themselves back, right. But excuse me, so I just when people say that, like, oh, well, the Cowboys need to do this, because there's a good chance that we don't know that like Philly, like you said, will probably be favored in two or three of those games. And the only reason they won't favored in the game against Kansas City because it's in Kansas City, thank you, and they have a better recor hurt then every team they're getting ready to face up to this point. So I don't know, all right, Chris, let's head back to the phones. Who we got, chrisy, we.
Speaker 6: Got Antonio and Charleston South Carolina?
Speaker 4: Antonio, Charles South Carolina. Is it is it coming? The offense?
Speaker 11: I mean, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Matter of fact, I think Paul might have one hundred yards rush.
Speaker 4: Oh that'd be the first time this year had a hundre yard rushing.
Speaker 8: Yes, Kiry let me learn double check, I think.
Speaker 5: But come on, but what don't do that? Man, don't do that.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, no, no, Nate. I'm going to give you something that you have heard before. Okay, the great, the great Jimmy Johnson said, when you hit a gorilla, you hit him in the mouth.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 11: So I need the Cowboys to wake up with a chip on his shoulder for the rest of the season. You know, when other teams come in to play Dallas, they have a chip on his shoulder because they know they're gonna be on national TV and they want to punch us in the mouth.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 11: But I got Dallas ropping another four the little giants.
Speaker 4: Why, man.
Speaker 11: Say forty to ten?
Speaker 4: Why are giving the dudes?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You gave him points yesterday.
Speaker 5: No, I ain't giving them no more points. I got one hundred to nothing. I got one hundred to nothing. Why are we giving them points?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Appreciate the cal Man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: Holler had one hundred and twenty two at Arizona.
Speaker 4: Just so, Okay, that's the only one of our game he had this year. Okay, why I don't know why they're giving them points Because I look at this and I go, like we said yesterday when we played the Giants, when they played the Giants, because I didn't play when they played the Giants.
Speaker 5: We play the Giants.
Speaker 4: Now because when they lose, I'm gonna say them, when they lose, it gonna be them. Yeah, I listen, I'm trying to be neutral here. When when they lose, they lose. But when the Cowboys played the Giants in the beginning of the season, where they're all the hopes were in front of them. Everything was in front of them at that point in time, literally all the dreams and aspirations and the and the pep talks and the and the and the and the insignia that was written on the jerseys and the shots, and all the mantra that they had in the locker room and all the off season signings, miant something and everything now was was right there. And and he scored points. And they were fully loaded quarterback, running back, receiver, tight end, defensive line, I mean, everything with hopes.
Speaker 5: And they jumping ship now one by one with shine, Danny he jump They signed Wall.
Speaker 4: Danny ain't jump ship. Danny got the Jenny he got, he got, Yeah, he got, he got. He had the walk, Danny Jones Walking Jones Walker.
Speaker 8: There was an article a day or two ago that said they gave Leonard Williams option to negate that deal, and he said, no, I'm going to Seattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah he saw, he saw on Oh man, they said, you know what, I might have to go over here into a better situation.
Speaker 5: You want to win, man, All players want to win. But if they got a contract, if you already got your contract and you true to this game, you want to win, even though you love your boys, you want to win.
Speaker 4: All right, Chris, Back to the back, get about that. Back to the phone line, Chris, you got anybody?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got Cynthia from Laredo.
Speaker 4: Oh Cynthia. We love when the ladies call in. Hello with Cynthia.
Speaker 15: How are you hey, guys, good afternoon. Can I can I bragg a little bit here?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 15: Well? Your other competitive shows talking Cowboys, there is no.
Speaker 4: Competition against Hanging with the Boys, but continue.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I was the first female to call in, I guess in a long, long, long couple of years.
Speaker 7: So, I mean.
Speaker 4: You've seen those guys on that show, right, They're not really they're not really a word? Am I looking for charismatic? They're not busy like we are.
Speaker 15: Well, guess what they asked me, which one was my favorite show on air? On the air, and my response was I love.
Speaker 5: Nate, Yes, nastyness.
Speaker 15: And then Nate, Nate texted the other young man in the show and talking coupboards and he said, thank you, Ycynthia, so very proud of that. So anyway, wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 4: A second, wait, hold on, miss Cynthia. Now you were on the other show and you had it listening right, Well, wait a second. You were on the other show. You called in and they gave you a chance to speak, and you said that you love Nate and that Nate text in and you got him in the flesh. You tell him how you feel respectfully now because miss Michelle is to our show and she is not gonna get on me.
Speaker 7: And I know you.
Speaker 4: Don't want no problems with how you do, because I'm just saying respectfully, you can now tell Nate in person via the phone, just while how much of why you love him?
Speaker 15: Oh, Nate, I respect you and love you because of all what you did those three years with Troy and the triplets, and I just respect you so much, and I love your enthusiasm and positiveness. So I just wanted to meet Nate in person.
Speaker 7: Though, thank you.
Speaker 15: I'm going to the game this Sunday. Maybe I don't get the scene here.
Speaker 5: We'll be out there. Yeah, we'll be out.
Speaker 4: There respectfully, now, Miss Cynthia, please respectfully. Now all right, what's the question.
Speaker 15: It's a real stupid question, I guess, but do you think Dak is still a little tearful of getting hurt again? And maybe or is it that he's not as agile as he used to be? And that's my question. I'll let you guys go and let me listen to y'all idea or thought.
Speaker 16: Thank you guys, love you Nate.
Speaker 4: All right, then, now, Miss Michelle, I just want to let you know. I just say, answer the phones. I just I just I just hope answered the question. I just host and I let them ask the question. So Miss Michelle, please don't don't well you good.
Speaker 5: I thought that was very agile. So he put his toe on that line. Yeah that job. Yeah, but I'm loving what Dak's doing. I'm loving it. We just got to win. When a quarterback play a game like that, Yeah, he deserves to wine, you know.
Speaker 8: Anyway, last three weeks he's been yeah, nice, one of the best.
Speaker 4: Completing percentage, yardage, I mean just overall absolutely passerating. But yeah, at the end of the day, the only stat that actually matters. You can give you all the d v O A and the e P A and ESPN and all that kind of stuff, the ones that that always matters in the end is dubs and ls. And if you ain't on the dub side, then no matter what you did, it really equals out to nothing when you get that out. All right, let's go to our first break of the show. When we come back, we'll take more of your phone calls. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Got a question for Kurt, Got a question for Nate? Got a question for you all? If you could give Mike McCarthy a birthday present, what would it be and why? Coming up on the other side of his break on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Food fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lt Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 4: Grab some today.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel package with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 10: See geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before. They made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek, after the seat Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 4: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 17: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sausted, tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Winstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 18: Back Hanging with.
Speaker 4: The Bulls to Hanging with the Boys on this Friday edition. The segment is brought to you by Blockchain Blockchain dot Com. Cowboys taking taking on the Giants this Sunday. What time is the game?
Speaker 10: Kurt?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 4: Thomas?
Speaker 19: It?
Speaker 8: Three twenty five?
Speaker 4: Three twenty five at at and T Stand up, Nate, you and your crew will be out at Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kyle, you're gonna be leading the ship. Uh stand back and church. Yeah, we'll be on the East Plasa Big Nate. Noon to be out there. Man, that miss Cynthia, you know, come on out and my wife be out there. You get to meet my wife.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, Cynthia. Now come on, Michelle, got hands.
Speaker 5: She's gonna love to see your got hands right here, and you be out.
Speaker 4: There too much on that, my man, my man, mis.
Speaker 5: She'ld be loving it. Man, you can have the man to lead the banker. She might say that, man leave the bankers might definitely say that. But you know, hey, but.
Speaker 4: You know what you've been doing, a good job. Man. Take a surprise, you give it, take a come on, you do this, you for this. Take take the surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm nice.
Speaker 4: I'm outside, I'm outside, surprised your.
Speaker 5: Voice, I'm nice. To put the hand, I'm nice.
Speaker 4: Taking surprise.
Speaker 5: When I get him on myself out to kiss up to him.
Speaker 4: You know you don't you know? I'm right? God, I mean Kurt.
Speaker 3: We rolled.
Speaker 4: Going right here being Kurt. We ride all day long.
Speaker 5: Man. Well, Chris, come on in here so I can jazz. Come on in here.
Speaker 4: You can find Nick in the plaza. You can find me at walk on Yeah twenty yeah. My pre halftime is that Jess is right off off twenty.
Speaker 5: Took him up, look him up? Yeah, by Why you didn't do that during the parade with the Rangers and all of that.
Speaker 4: Why would I do that? No?
Speaker 5: Come on, man, you you you multi fasting. I am You're about to get on the radio show.
Speaker 4: I'm in one of these networks soon, I'm about to be.
Speaker 3: Come.
Speaker 4: Let's go, let's talk you existence, Let's talk that thing into existence. Let's go. I'm taking out with you know, we're riding. We're riding.
Speaker 8: You know, we ride.
Speaker 19: Take you.
Speaker 4: I'm taking your phone call from not making big man. No, that's the new need on that point one. Yes, yes, yes, I'm in the city. Man, I just drove it for Lunt's do lunch. Sorry bones, but you were about to say something.
Speaker 8: Oh you never gave us your grade for McCarthy.
Speaker 4: What did I get? Coaches?
Speaker 5: See I see plus Yeah, I need for one game of Cooks. I would say one game playoffs.
Speaker 4: I would say B. I would say B for coach right now, and and in his offense didn't start out, you know, very hot. These last couple of weeks have kind of bumped his grade up. I remember when I was a kid I used to go to I went to this Simari and my grandmother took us to and this guy was in there and he he like told all the students in there, He's like, hey, I got a little song for for y'all struggling in your grades. And he was like, you know, if you got it, He's like, tell your parents, you're gonna fly your way to a D and you're gonna dig your way to a C, and you're gonna see your way to a beat, and you're gonna bounce your way to an A. So I think coaches kind of he's trying to bounce his way. I think coaches getting that, don't go chase that TLC bounce and if he continues on.
Speaker 5: This, I like that see your way to cook.
Speaker 4: There you go. Yeah, but yeah, I think coaches right now, is he rocking out of bee? He's rocking out of bee with with the opportunity.
Speaker 8: He is plies mister negative over here.
Speaker 5: That's not negative.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you why, Why is that? Because I'm saying his last three weeks it's been nice, have been a plus.
Speaker 5: It is so that that's right. The giants at thirty and then a couple of you know, zero then you you know, you work your way up, but he's still eleven points. I'm sorry that yeah, making that work, Chris, Chris, We got some more calls on the line.
Speaker 6: It's so long, just since we got Philip and France.
Speaker 9: Guys, how are you doing it's been a while.
Speaker 4: Yes, we're good. How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm fine. You know it's stormy weather here, but that's okay, that's normal. This is the season. My point is, Tip is the uh intimate change of space back. Uh, he's always been very good when he had bruising running back with him. My question is what about film to leap key because he's a bruiser, why don't we use him? Alah, Michael stops. This is what I had to say. Take care, be safe, have a good one and go call boys. We will win sixty three thre.
Speaker 4: Sixty three and that's crazy. That's has Philip. I mean, Miami is the only sixty plus point victory this year, this year, right when they had seventy against Denver. But but Philip was asking, he said, you know, Tony Pollard has always been a change of packed, change of pace back. Why not let Hunter Lempsky kind of use him? As Mike Allstar to kind of soften the defense. O.
Speaker 5: First of all, I want to be you know what, I hear this there, have y'all seen this, see Mike McCarthy. Gotta be willing to say, you know what, it's thirty one or it's thirty two, and really put him in there and see can he really run and slamm into somebody? What Zeke had was a special was a special thing you you born with that patience then all of a sudden have just enough explosion to hit in there and be leaning forward to get those extras. That ain't something simple to do. So I'm challenging coach mcar put the kid in there. No, you know, I really think coach, that is that simple.
Speaker 4: Don't put him in there. Don't don't put him in there?
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Stop? Well, let's stop doing this now. I'm just saying I want to please the fans.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I want to please bigger.
Speaker 5: But we get that much more physical than than than than than my boy twenty three. He ain't more physical than twenty three.
Speaker 8: We get a lot of emails about why don't they use look down into the goat.
Speaker 4: A big, bigger show because these guys are like, let's we got to stop this.
Speaker 5: We have got to help the fans.
Speaker 4: We are going to help the fans, and we're gonna help the fans by twenty two, by big old. Let's start me with that. We'll start me with that. Let you start me with that. We are going to help the fans by being honest and truthful with these people. And understand that. The reason why Hunter Lipkey doesn't play that much because he ain't better than the guys he got in front of him, just simple as to be. Same reason why uh uh deuce Va don't play because he ain't better than the guys in front of him. Same reason why Jalen Brooks don't play. He ain't better than the guys in front of him. Guys want to ask me about is he a mccwonmill. No, he ain't better than the guys in front of him, Ladies and gentlemen, he ain't better than them.
Speaker 5: He's not.
Speaker 4: And this is why Hunter Lympsky ain't playing. This is there's a role for him in this league. There's a role for him in this league of special teams. That's where it's at. That that's where he found his role at that's where and there is no packages for him. There's no package for hundred Lympsky. I know what y'all saw in preseason, but that ain't real. That ain't real life, like sparring, ain't a real boxing Max, It's practice. So when you ask the question about guys like Hunter o Lympsky, and don't tell me about the tape he had at North Dakota State, I don't care about that tape he was playing. He was he was playing uh Sacred Hearts and uh he was like you wouldn't, don't don't show me that tape. Just the different league, man, this is the different league and all this matt and stuff that y'all want to interchange and have people do these Matten routes and these matt and this is not real life, ladies and gentlemen. Like people, livelihoods are on the line. You just can't be throwing folks out there. That throw folks out there when you have better players in front of them. And if you want to give some if if and I'm not this is not a shot at Phelip. Thank you for the question. Philip. This is not a shot at you. But you're not the first person that said this about Hunter Lymsky. If anything, I want to see a little bit more of Rico.
Speaker 5: So what you're saying, Michael Jordan, I believe I can fly is not real?
Speaker 4: The last Yeah, yeah, and how many Mike could fly? Mike could fly. But I'm just saying, how many other folks remember the cant they said? But like Mike Carolina, remember, yeah, he thought he could you like baby Mike until you fait. You know what, This is a funny story. When I was in college. Right when I was in college, they're the Chrysler three hundred. The car had just come out. It was like the hottest thing out of everybody's like, man, that's like a It's like a Mini Phantom. It looks like a mini you know, Phantom. Nod nod nod. And I thought to myself, boy, they're right, things look like a Mini Phantom. And and and and so I got one. I had got one. I got one that traded in uh uh with my Accura. Yeah. And I remember, and I remember, I remember, I remember it was it was it was an Olive Green one. And I remember this and I was me and my boy, my boy, KT was we were at Bahama Breeze and Roleigh, North Carolina. Anybody from the Research Triangle Park, you know, Bahama Breeze and Raleigh, North Carolina. When you're leaving Bahama Breeze, in order to get back to Durham when we lived, you got to kind of get to the light and it's a two way light that turns left, and so we get there and I'm in this I'm in this olive green phantom like Chrysler three hundred, nice cleaning clean. But at the same event that we had just left, Julius Peppers was there, and Juus Peppers and I left around the same time. Well, Julius was going to Durham as well. And there was a two lane turn into the left and I was in the far left hand lane and that nice looking Chrysler three hundred I think it was whoof Good. But then Juus Peppers pulled up alongside of me in an actual phantom wow, and it made you saw the difference between the two cars. I looked over to the right and I said, oh, damn, this don't look like that. Whoever was telling me that this looked like that was lying to me. This Chrysler three hundred don't look and his I mean that Phantom, that damn near thing looked like a minivan and like one of them conversion vans. This don't look like that. So what I'm saying is Hunter Limsky don't look like Rico Dodo it may you can say it. You can say it. I said it, man, this Christ with three hundred, I'm like him. I'm like Phantom Junior out here to the real Phantom pulled up alongside of it, and Pep just looked over at me and gave me a nod. Even when he rolled off, it sounded different, and he he just cruled off. I let him go. I ain't even want to be next to him no more. And my boy looked at me. I looked at him, and he knew he knew what he knew what I felt because he had heard the same thing that I heard. And he looked at me and looked at each other. He said, this ain't the same. I said, you're right, man, I should have kept out all. Let's go into our final break. Will take more phone calls ed A eight five, five, two two nine seven On the other side of this break, we'll add to the wasshing the yaks before let's break. If you can give Mike McCarthy a birthday gift, and let's do it like this. If you can give Mike mcarthury a birthday gift and it has to be football related, what would it be? Coming up next?
Speaker 19: On Hanging with the Boys, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped flapped. He'll look for a perched down. Just like football.
Speaker 19: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Press Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 19: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 19: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 18: How's wing stout sound?
Speaker 17: Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sausted, tossed, and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard blue cheese or signature wind Stop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavored delivered at Windstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after they seed Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: Seats James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 18: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys. The Phantom of the dot com shows on the Dallas Cowboys. And yeah, we the Phantoms. Now, we don't play around with us. We are the Phantom. This segment is brought to you by Jigsaw, a proud Danty sponsored partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We are hanging with the Boys. This is the Friday edition. We'll take a couple more calls, we'll go through our picks, we'll give our predictions, and then we'll get up out of here. But we must answer the question first. Today is the sixtieth birthday of Mike McCarthy in the fifties, first or second birthday of our leader Shannon Gross, who's in Vegas right now. But if you can give Mike McCarthy, Kurt and I'll start with you a birthday present, and it has to be foot ball related?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what would that game? Can it just be like, how about winning a few, you know, super Bowl?
Speaker 5: You know that?
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, that's a big you know big Maybe it's just you know, did.
Speaker 4: You put that in like one of those bags? How you wrap it up?
Speaker 8: I could?
Speaker 4: I mean they said if he signed a check big enough, he was signed one that's true, or just you know, he just signs guys like Martin's Briant, that's a.
Speaker 8: Health, healthy health, good health to everybody. Or the running game. You know, there's a lot of options there. We can throw out old mic first.
Speaker 4: Okay, running game, good health, super Bowl?
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 4: Most men just put it in the bag with put tissue paper on top of We don't really wrap gifts, nothing like that, Nate.
Speaker 5: If you give him off line with my brother, a top notch flight office line, and all our problem would be solved, every one of them.
Speaker 8: Chris, which you one what position?
Speaker 5: It don't matter, it don't matter the other one. Yeah, just give me another one, man, you can't have enough on like good corners. Yeah, but I wouldn't give it my tables, Brian, that's Jerry.
Speaker 4: I just fire Jerry, like I'm gonna give you this check and lemna give you Trey Lance and Brian. Yeah, it's like it's like in the in the movie Friday and Uh Friday, Smokey's mom send them to the store to get some cigarettes and she's like, here, give me some cigarettes. He's like this ain't enough. She like, make it enough. That's what Jerry did the Michael. He's like, you give me Trey Lance and my tab is Brian. Jerry's like making enough, make it enough. Chris, what would what would be the birthday present you give?
Speaker 6: I would say, how about what the defense is calling on every play?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 4: You would give him the okay, so he knows every place.
Speaker 20: He would just be really easy, just go right down the field, know where the blitzers are coming.
Speaker 4: I would give Mike McCarthy to Michigan. I mean, shout out to all our Michigan fans that listen to us. What I would give Mike McCarthy. I would give Mike McCarthy home fill advantage during the playoffs and the Niners are eliminated.
Speaker 8: Mm hmm, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What I would give him. That's what I would give him. All right, Chris, we got any more phone calls?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've got Let's see Alex in Virginia.
Speaker 4: Alex in Virginia. If you give Alex yeah, we can hear your brother. If you can give Mike McCarthy one birthday present football related, what would it be?
Speaker 16: The victory?
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was that Week four team?
Speaker 16: Yeah, the past game?
Speaker 18: Past game?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: You would you would go back in time? You will time traveler?
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 4: What's what's your question for us?
Speaker 16: Well, it's it's more of I'm a long time listener to you guys, a big fan and first time caller, Jesse, I'm a big fan of on filter you this morning.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Nate.
Speaker 16: I'm a big fan of you, Kirk, big fan of all of you guys, Shannon as well. It's more of it, not a question, but just something that I just wanted to get out there. I believe that we're a better team than a lot of the outside just think we are. And my score prediction, I believe it's going to be forty five to zero.
Speaker 4: Thank you, bro, thank you, thank you anything I like it, forty five to zero, thank you. They said that we are a better team than the outside world thinks.
Speaker 8: People think, What do they think?
Speaker 4: What do the outside world think about the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: We can't win the big one. Yeah, that's everywhere and y'all pretty good, but y'all just can't win the big one. I keep hearing that. Yeah, yeah, man, big new mail, y'all on y'all way, but y'all just can't win the big one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was in the barbershop this morning, and I kind of like, I try to go in the barbershop and just go in and leave, but inevitably it's the barbershop, right, so conversations begin to arise, a lot of them based around sports, and of course topic of discussion sometimes can be the Cowboys, and I try to just I try to keep out of it, like I do, I really do. I try to just go in, keep my mouth closed and and and go out, and you know, but the conversation went to the Cowboys, and it was and they had me in the barbershop this morning defending that. And not not that I have a problem defending Doc, but it was I felt that in the barbershop at that time, there was unnecessarily, unnecessarily negative have talked towards Dak and I'm just like God, like, you know, this thing is bigger than just him, right, Like there are things that happen in the football game that we look at and we go, well, if that happens, you know, there are other players that play make a lot of money. I know quarterback gets all all the blame and gets all the credit. But you know, it's just it's it's a team thing. It's a team thing. So just keep that in mind as we go into this thing. Yeah, Chris, do got you got something? Well?
Speaker 8: Clarence texted. He says he would give McCarthy for his birthday the nineteen ninety two or twenty sixteen offensive.
Speaker 4: Lines of Green Bay or of.
Speaker 8: Of the Dallas Dallas.
Speaker 4: Oh that hippo feel good boy, you can get that if you can get that wiggleback for let me see you get in the three? Can you get a three points stands right now? Can you get a three points stands and fire off five yards?
Speaker 5: Leave betrayal?
Speaker 4: Chris? We got any more calls?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Sweet?
Speaker 6: Do we got our boy? G in Jersey?
Speaker 5: G what's up Jersey?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 10: Brother?
Speaker 7: Listen? This show has gotten harder to call than the d m V. Guys.
Speaker 4: We ain't we ain't the Christ of three hundred, my boy, we're the fan of we're the phantom. My boy, we're the phantom around here.
Speaker 7: Uncle Nate, I'm gonna give you a married man. The married man advice. Do not walk in the house walking in like Ric Flair. Baby. You don't want to do that. Not today. It's gonna be a long week. And all right, don't watch that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 7: This giant team is broken. Their fan base is broken, thank you. They're looking forward to seeing if they can get the number one pick and if that coach from New England will coach them in the near future, because this heavy rumors over here that this will be the only place that he'll coach post New England. They have some players on defense that are looking to pad their stats as well, So that's about it. Man. And this guy man at quarterback, he is their fourth option. He had negative seven yards a few weeks ago passing the ball. So we have absolutely nothing to worry about besides playing Cowboys football. If this team gets out and plays Cowboys football all the way through with no mistakes, this shouldn't be any issues. Man and Jesse, you pose the question and I would definitely give this team. Coach McCarthy the offensive line between ninety two and ninety five from the Dallas Cowboys, because if this offensive line had any kind of cohesion and health, this team would be performing at a higher level. Right now, guys, have a good weekend.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it. Thank you, g We'll appreciate you. Man. All right, let's get our Let me see how I want to do this.
Speaker 6: Can we do pop picks first?
Speaker 4: Let's do pop picks? Yeah?
Speaker 6: First sack of the game either team?
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, first sack of the game either team.
Speaker 8: Darren's Armstrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, Dawn's Armstrong.
Speaker 5: I'm changing your mind from the last show the Ball.
Speaker 4: You're going Marku's Bell Bell. I'm going Sam Williams. Okay, I'm going Sam. Show would be nice. I'm going Sam, that would be nice. Man, I'm going Sam Williams. First sack of the game either team. Who you got Chris Manes?
Speaker 6: You stole my? That's my guy?
Speaker 4: All right? So we got to Sam Williams, we got a Drin's Armstrong, and we got a Marquise Bell. All right, let's get our predictions.
Speaker 8: Oh Cowboys, it's gonna be a blowout. Let's say thirty five, three.
Speaker 4: Thirty five, three one hundred to nothing. At least you gave a number this time.
Speaker 20: Nothing brouh, Chris, Let's go forty so you can go get a forty burger at Waterburger on the way home to six.
Speaker 4: Forty to six. Jazz is back there. The Jazz have to pick.
Speaker 6: Jazz is not back here, all right, Well.
Speaker 4: She loses their opportunity to be on a phantom of a show. I'm gonna go Cowboys win. Uh, I'm gonna this might be a score. Got me Chris check the score? Got me out for this one thirty two.
Speaker 8: Five thirty two five. We're giving him a safety.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah. The rush Cooper rush rush is gonna be in the game. Snap's gonna go over his head. Okay, cool, cool, they're gonna kick, They're gonna punt it. Cooper rushes in the game. Snap's gonna go over his half the back of the end zone.
Speaker 5: Can we at least get you a higher score for.
Speaker 4: Us thirty thirty two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, come on, man, little bit that.
Speaker 4: The guy's not playing in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, the whole four.
Speaker 6: Thirty two five would be a score.
Speaker 5: Guy, let's go scoy, got me me baby score on score gumy ain't one hundred and nothing?
Speaker 4: That is a score copy that would definitely be a score. Got me right there? All right, man, that'll do it for us. Happy birthday, Shannon. We appreciate you, We love you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: Take care. Remember whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas unless it's an STD and that comes back with you, okaynst dentist out there, man, Dennis and a doctor. Yeah, while you're out there, you don't have to tell us, no tell us, report back, report back to.
Speaker 8: Our chat is a trust zone. You can just.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm trying to absolutely, it's a trust zone. You can trust anything you put in there.
Speaker 5: Well, not.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, all right for Nate, it's sir for boy Kurt, for Chris in the back, for Jazz, for Josh, for Will. Happy birthday, Shannon, Happy birthday, Coach, Freaky Mike. I am Zaddie Holly. This is Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 5: We Out.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.