Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: You know that it was reported during the game they had dan Quinn's pregame message to the Commanders and it really fired me up, and it's just like perfect coaching rhetoric. Dan Quinn's message was that, guys, we're not playing with house money, we're playing for rent money and rent is due.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, Ronald delivered it so well, right, Noll.
Speaker 2: They's absolutely stuck the landing during the broadcast, and it's a vintage dan Quinn thing, and you know, I'm tempted to say, it's coach talk. You're playing with house money and you know you got this crazy ron Fine, the season is over, but I'm always reminded this time of year that there is a great myth in the NFL, and that myth is, as a young, great quarterback, you'll get yours. Eventually you'll be back. That's nonsense, guys. That's to say that the Jade Daniels Commanders will be some sort of mainstay late in the playoffs is naive.
Speaker 3: It's very naive. It happens all the time.
Speaker 2: I remember a few years ago, this heartbreaking loss in the Super Bowl for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Oh, someone of his talent, he'll get his he'll be back. Willie, I don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 2: Even somebody you know last year brock Purty loses an overtime and it's like, well, you're part of that forty nine ers machine. You'll be are you sure, brock Perty. When you get a shot, you cash it in. It doesn't matter if you're a rookie or in your twentieth season. Look, I'll go further back. A guy who actually won one, Aaron Rodgers is standing on the podium with Clay Matthews and a heavyweight belt as the confetti falls, and it's like, how many will Rogers win? He never even got back to the game. And it's probably the most talented quarterback ever.
Speaker 3: Before him was Marino.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marino gets when really young, never makes it back. So I'm tempted to say, yeah, it's house money, they'll you don't know, you don't know, injuries, you don't know the opposition.
Speaker 3: I think dan Quinn was right the hardest.
Speaker 2: He tried to sell that message of let's cash it and now we may never be back.
Speaker 3: They may never be back. It's not just this assured thing.
Speaker 2: Well, well, their quarterback is good and they have a coach who everyone likes. So I'm sure you're positive in the long term future of this ownership group and this GM group, Like we love what they did this year, Now do it again. It's way, way, way, way harder. There's nothing as a shirt. The AFC title game is so layered and it's so complicated, and there's so many different ways to look at it. In this rivalry, in this matchup, this game was like big strong guy beats up weaker guy and just keeps punching him until someone drags him off them. The much better team won the much more talented team.
Speaker 3: One Peter said.
Speaker 2: Seven rushing touchdowns, It's true, seven touchdowns and ten possessions Like that's They won by thirty two points in the title game.
Speaker 3: You just don't see. You don't score fifty.
Speaker 2: Five points in an NFC title game.
Speaker 3: Far better.
Speaker 2: And it's like when the Eagles really really wield that talent and they wield that roster, they'll beat anybody.
Speaker 3: It's this you watch that game.
Speaker 2: If you had never seen either of these two teams played, you would never think this is a title game. They look way, way, way way better. And this I agree with the same thing. This Jalen Hurts played really well, made plays, running, made plays throwing. You can't beat them when they do all that stuff. I will say this, like the Jane Daniels thing, this was not something we're like, wow, finally the rookie.
Speaker 3: It wasn't that at all.
Speaker 2: He was good.
Speaker 3: He was very good.
Speaker 2: In fact, like I had this feeling about, is there any way that the Commanders could let Jayden win this game? Because I don't think his teammates picked it up for him at all.
Speaker 3: Due respect to this guy, we all love him.
Speaker 2: You can't have zach Ertz be your best player in an NFC title game just because he's older and he plays a role.
Speaker 3: He was their best player.
Speaker 2: He kept hitting zach Ertz time and time and time again, playing in his old stadium against some of his former teammates, but everybody else. We had one quick flash of McLaurin and everybody just fumbling and dropping and fumbling.
Speaker 3: It's like, what that happened? Guys?
Speaker 2: I thought this was gonna happen in the wild card around. Maybe this team has gotten so smooth and so mistake free and Jayden was completely up to the part. I just wish the rest of the commanders had been too, because they did not have anything.
Speaker 3: Really, this was not a great day for the commander.
Speaker 2: There is a widespread sentiments going into these games and coming out of them that please, like Josh Allen, be the hero, not for the Buffalo Bills, but for the planet Earth, for the United States, for every football fan, Please beat the Chiefs. And you can pull up every Internet joke about and you show the country and who they're rooting for. And this tiny little thing in Missouri and Kansas is rooting for the Chiefs and everyone else is rooting against them.
Speaker 3: Openly. I do not feel that way. I do not agree with that.
Speaker 2: I am a Bills enthusiast of sorts, but there is no part of this as the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of it.
Speaker 2: And if you're looking for that from this show, certainly for me, don't come to me for that. I do not feel that way. I am not here to say that, here to say I have huge respect for a quarterback who is seventeen and three in the playoffs in playoff games, who has won nine straight playoff games, nine straight.
Speaker 3: That is the fifth straight win.
Speaker 2: This team and this quarterback is having the playoffs by single digits. It's the longest streak in NFL history. Patrick Mahomes has seventeen playoff wins. He's already halfway pretty much to Brady's record, and he's still.
Speaker 3: In his twenties.
Speaker 2: I am not going to come here and say they suck their the dark Empire, this evil dynasty.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: This is the inevitable stage of any dynasty.
Speaker 3: You always reach this.
Speaker 2: And if you're screaming about officials, go ahead and do it. If it makes you feel better, I bet it makes you feel worse. The Patriots they finally got to their cheaters. The Yankees bought all their championships, and the Chiefs get all the calls from the referees.
Speaker 3: That is how it is.
Speaker 2: You can't really find a dynasty where it doesn't something creep up like that. Just the best part is if they drive you crazy, though, if you really hate the Chiefs, and you're hating me right now for saying this, at some point they will lose. At some point someone's gonna get them. I don't know when and I don't know who, but when they do, it will be historic it will be so satisfying for you, the hater, that they finally got them, and it's like Goldberg's unconscious and they sprayp nWo across his chest. It'll be the most glorious win. And then you'll have your moment. Someone will get them, okay. And of course, of course I'm a human being.
Speaker 3: I talked about the NFL for a living. I would have liked to see something fresh. Of course.
Speaker 2: Of course we've talked a lot about the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: We've talked a lot about the Eagles. Something fresh to chew on and to talk about. But you know what I respect about the Chiefs. They don't give a damn.
Speaker 2: They don't care that you're sick of them, or that I want something fresh, or that people are bored with them.
Speaker 3: They're embracing it. We don't kevin damn.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win anyway, and I have to respect them. You might hate them, you might not even respect them. I respect them, and I respect We're seeing two teams in the super Bowl but no one wanted, who are combined thirty four and five and will probably have a.
Speaker 3: Hell of a game.
Speaker 2: That's where I come out. If you're coming from the Chiefs hate for me. I'm not giving it to you. I have nothing but respect, do you, guys? Hear this thing at Saquon Barkley's birthday is on Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 3: It's a really cool deal. Just it's really fun.
Speaker 2: It won't be mentioned at all for the next couple week, certainly not during the broadcast.
Speaker 3: My headline is very easy. What's the difference between the last game?
Speaker 2: Saquon Barkley is now part of the Eagles and you're going to hear this a lots, So let's just get it out here now. Steve Spagnolo, as the Chiefs defensive quarter to be defensive coordinator, has never given up one hundred yard rusher in the playoffs. Since he showed up, there has never been a one hundred yard rusher against the Chiefs in the playoffs. Saquon Barkley has has one hundred yards in nine of the last ten games.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: One of those games is over two hundred, another is over two fifty. Spags does not let you get to one hundred. In fact, if you look back at all the Chiefs playoffs game under Spagnolo, here's the list of the top rushers in any of these games. Lenny in the Super Bowl that spacked lost eighty nine, Mixing got him twice for hyats Alan eighty eight. And then over the weekend James Cook, who didn't touch the ball in the.
Speaker 3: Last possession eighty five. That's it.
Speaker 2: And in that list, there's some dogs who are missing. They've gone against Derrick Henry, Nitschebb, Nachi Harris, Carlos Hyde, a couple of times against Rhem Moster Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 3: None of them touched one hundred yards.
Speaker 2: And that would include Jalen Hurts in that Super Bowl in which he was so good.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal, playing and simple.
Speaker 2: We have the greatest defensive coordinator of this era versus one of the greatest running back seasons ever.
Speaker 3: What's it gonna be.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Eagles can win this game of Saquon doesn't have one hundred yards.
Speaker 3: I really don't.
Speaker 2: I think the Chiefs defense is that good. I think Hurts is good in the passing game.
Speaker 3: I respect it. Saquon is the best player on their team.
Speaker 2: And if we look up and he's got the end of the game eighty seven yards, ninety two yards, ninety nine yards, I think the Chiefs are going to win. So something's got to give here. Spags has never given it up. Nobody can stop saquon which one's gonna be? If you're looking for me to come here in this morning, anybody to say it's time to look at Sean McDermott.
Speaker 3: You're bleeping crazy. You are nuts.
Speaker 2: You are not if they said by Sean McDermott you were just in the title game, do you remember what it.
Speaker 3: Used to be like?
Speaker 2: You remember what it was like before McDermott he was at you guys had nothing, You were just You can't beat the Chiefs. So should they fire John Harbaugh too?
Speaker 3: Shud? They just fire everybody who's not Andy Reid? Ridiculous. I know everyone's emotional and reactionary.
Speaker 2: If you're coming for Sean mcdermot's head, you need to check your own, all right.
Speaker 3: So here's where I come out. Bear with me on this, guys.
Speaker 2: We now have at least two or three weeks of a lot of Eagles talk. So because of that, I'm gonna try to stay positive as much as I can. With Dom Desandro dom Desandro aka Big Dom, is the head of security for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 3: He's down on the sideline.
Speaker 2: He's also as in charge of game day coaching operations.
Speaker 3: I do have one question though, here's.
Speaker 2: My rewind they probably should be a head scratch of.
Speaker 3: But we'll do it anyway.
Speaker 2: Here you're gonna see the play on the sideline, You're gonna see Big Dom. Why is Dom wearing a headset? Why does Big Dom have a coaching headset on over his white hat with the Italian flag. I need to know what's going on there and why is that necessary. I do have one theory it's actually he's not wired into the Eagles communication. He's actually wired into the Fox truck to see where all the cameras are so he can be the best position to be on them.
Speaker 3: That's my work in theory.
Speaker 2: I've also heard that maybe he's in touch with the delicatessen for after the game, and that's who he's talking to. I'm going to try to stay positive, but I just I don't understand why he is so ubiquitous, why he's always on camera.
Speaker 3: He's all heart and Eagles love him.
Speaker 2: I would like an explanation for the headset, though, I would really would for the Pro Bowl games.
Speaker 3: This is what I want to see. Social media competition. Yeah, here's how it works.
Speaker 2: You line up, it's attached to the jumbo tron. Each player walks up, They're given a phone and a topic and just tweet or post something and we'll see who has the best one and they're all going to go and then you know who's going to come in and clean up all of them. Marlon Humphrey from The Ravens. Look, he's a very good player. He understands social media. Want to see a little bit of his work with this guy just goes Marlon Humphrey will get a reaction from whatever.
Speaker 3: Whoever stole my package.
Speaker 2: You're a loser, and I bet you don't even golf. And if you do golf, I hope you have three parts per Life's great tweet he's talking about. I think he has one on a parenthood a few weeks in with this kid thing.
Speaker 3: Why son really be crying for no reason?
Speaker 2: I'd be trying to get into chill, but I haven't found the recipe just yet. Marlon very relatable. And then how about this something everybody loves me and wife? You tried to watch Game of Thrones the other day. It's absolutely trash. That's a great tweet. In the sense that it's gonna draw so much reaction, so I want to see the social media competition, old school style.
Speaker 3: Oh we got more. I forgot how taxing this office? I love it means all in an agent.
Speaker 2: Of chaos, like the Joker with his head out the squad right.
Speaker 3: Hate the letter just in the wind. That's Marlon Humphrey of the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Everyone else would choke up to get second place.
Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with I Heart Radio. For more iHeartRadio pods, go to the iHeart Radio app, go to Apple, go anywhere you like, it'll be there.