Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Play fole.
Speaker 2: Here for you.
Speaker 4: Happy New Year, everybody, Happy New Year, twenty twenty five. We are here. We got Bury Church looking good.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 4: Looking good twenty twenty five coming in here.
Speaker 6: Barry looked like the only uncle and then the family that went the college out of.
Speaker 5: Principal for you gotta do it like that.
Speaker 2: At least give us.
Speaker 5: You got the film text. Send everybody a text. Man, we get dressed up.
Speaker 4: I got some threads engagements I had.
Speaker 7: I had to, you know, put a little something known starting the new year off right. I appreciated my brother. Yeah, I appreciates married.
Speaker 4: The house, former Cowboys, Verry Verry church Way, former Cowboy defensive line. Me to my trade more. Happy new Year.
Speaker 5: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: J five coming around the to know the real is hotly that's right.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man looking forward to Heckma Harrison house man. A lot of basketball you had going on this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure, yes, a lot of things happening.
Speaker 4: Who's the best player you saw when the games you were doing this week?
Speaker 6: Oh man, it's gonna have to be a female man. I've I've called some pretty incredible women's basketball over the last couple of days. The Tamisha Lampkin at the University of North Texas has the w n B. A uh, she's gonna be a picky scouts GMS coming in to see it. Yes, you and t doing anything, So shout out to.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: What's what's learned something every.
Speaker 5: Day what they're doing, the giggle, shout out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get through this. Yoah, we're gonna get.
Speaker 5: You too.
Speaker 8: Emphasis in the new I'm talking about by gaming getting the game.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen that one before New.
Speaker 4: You know, I got a collection of these. My boy Dennis Stirman worked over there, and boy Sean suls Right used to do some stuff. But it se grads, So yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: One I half for a minute. Man, it was quality for a minute.
Speaker 4: I got quality five.
Speaker 5: Five years. Yeah. So what made you what made you just decide to cold?
Speaker 9: Was clean?
Speaker 4: What's clean? Go snatch what's clean?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 4: It was clean?
Speaker 2: Would would you at least take the tag off?
Speaker 5: That's all just about to say, who's going to expose him? That he got the tag on that? I thought it brand naming, said the man.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, have you got a couple?
Speaker 9: Actually?
Speaker 4: Would you go to my way? Man, he's gonna double shape. It's still playing shape.
Speaker 8: You don't okay, we're talking about people to send you the hoodie, so that way you be the bandwagon next year.
Speaker 2: Aware, Naddy, you know where he'll where he will do that.
Speaker 4: I always support your people, supporting people, man, I stuff in my book. I think my daughter got me a case. I'm the K State Dad. We're going to see We're going to see K State TCU Sunday Saturday.
Speaker 2: Man, are you yeah?
Speaker 5: You said we like we as in my daughter.
Speaker 4: My daughter goes to go to K State. So they're gonna play say.
Speaker 5: I ain't going man, I already knew no way.
Speaker 2: Hell, he's about to run all the way up the Manhattan.
Speaker 5: Ain't no way.
Speaker 4: You ain't doing that? Letting they say no.
Speaker 5: Way, you're going to Manhattan?
Speaker 2: What it was gonna be amazed in the spring to pick up a stuff and bring it back.
Speaker 4: They say, no roads and roads are different up there time. So it's Pro Bowl. Cowboys are five of them in there. Michael Parsons makes it Lamb makes it it right. We had our boy Turt make it. Yeah, Tomas agree with that, the big dog Smith and uh and Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it right.
Speaker 4: They chopped it in half last year, Uber ten. This year they're five.
Speaker 2: They got it right.
Speaker 4: Man, got it right.
Speaker 8: Anybody you think they left off Jordan Lewis, he had a good season, good Pro Bowl worthy.
Speaker 7: I didn't think he took the ball away enough. I don't think you got so many good Nichols in the NFC. You know Murphy Uh, that the cat from where's he now?
Speaker 2: Detroit?
Speaker 7: He played safety and Nickels. I mean there's a lot of casts out there. Jordans had a great year, though, great year.
Speaker 4: Nick Harris put some of his numbers up there against so many other corners and and they're favorable.
Speaker 9: I and this is just me.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making it because we know every alternate.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah so so, but they let you know, right like when they put him out there, they'll let you know that you're the third alternate or the second alternate or something like that.
Speaker 8: Further along in playoff, people started dropping off in some type of way, and then you.
Speaker 5: Know, you don't want to play in the game Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: So, especially nowadays, it's what the just the games, right, it's not even the like the full game game right Orlando to Hawaii.
Speaker 8: So do we have any alternates? I've seen sant Frand announced that they had some alternates. The no, sant Fran had alternates, like I think Trip Williams and those Uh, I'm saying cowboys, and so.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 4: Announced alternates.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh they don't.
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, they said no victories around there.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I'm uh, I look at the five and I just say, you know that that's legitimate. Jeorge Lewis, you can make an argument for but for the season that they've had, it's.
Speaker 5: Hard to get.
Speaker 2: Dudes, do you still view the Pro Bowl?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 6: It seems like to me the Pro Bowl isn't viewed the way that it used to be because it's now in the hands of the fans. It used to be one of those awards that you know, people have ten Pro Bowls, blah blah blah. It used to be mad man, that it's not that.
Speaker 4: Way because because the autin people like I ain't playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah you got then I feel like people are down as mad.
Speaker 8: But then you have those players that I'm not mad that I really can care less about the Pro Bowl. But then centem based like that's where I missed out on that extra bag right there, So it's like, yeah, I don't know what it takes for me to get voted, So that's not I feel like that's the only upset because the Pro Bowl and the Pro Bowl no more like it's not the competition in fact that you go out there you play dodgeball and stuff like that. But back in the day, like it was when it was I'm taking that trip, there was ready for it in Orlando.
Speaker 2: You know, nothing wrong. Respect it ain't Hawaii. Ain't Hawaii.
Speaker 4: Your family not trying to get that Orlando trying to get that Hawaii trip down there, Matt J. W. Marriott and the resorts with those nice four lagoons that they have over there.
Speaker 5: Man, not like you've been there, Go ahead, talk that tall. I only dream I'm voting dream.
Speaker 2: Don't, don't, don't. You don't even open that candle.
Speaker 5: Let's go fish.
Speaker 2: Bring it back sixteen sixteen seventeen. Man, did I get it right?
Speaker 4: It happened a long long time ago, unexpectedly, you'll peacock unexpected unexpectedly. But that's when they I took a vacation trip out to Honolulu and then we the Marriotte people, had like, Hey, we're going to do like an excoursion for the day. So we went to this resort that they had out there, and so it was a timeshare place. She had to get you to time I was there, and then they ended up saying, well down the road, that's the JW. Marriott, that's where they have the Pro Bowl stuff at. And so that's how and ended up. Yeah, I ended up getting a little place there, and I don'd up go to but the lagoon stuff was fun. I just don't like flying over there. And the problem is, and I don't know how you guys, when you travel, man, that clock kills me.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: It was when I flew back from Hawaii. It was that some of the worst jet lag I've ever had. Just coming back from Hawaii was like, man, sleep, you could.
Speaker 4: Tell the East Coast people because about seven o'clock they were sleeping like it was empty. So that's that's the kind of thing. But but for that is the busiest time they have over in colon is pro bols Like you can't get over there, families over there, and then then you could wrench your place out because people people were trying to get all their families because everybody wanted to go. And now that they put it in Orlando, it's just different kind of things because you know a lot of people for their first time is going to Hawaii or you know football players, and then of course you know breaking the Pro Bowl is a special thing and you want to bring your family.
Speaker 5: What he said, I wouldn't privileged enough to experience those luxurious I'm just going to live through you guys, and you know, take it for what it is. It is what it is, no magical.
Speaker 4: So so you know this is this could be it for command Date Turpin. You know, Sunday could be his final game and he could be playing for somebody else. In the fact, he's made the Pro Bowl twice in three years.
Speaker 7: On Pro He's gonna be on a proble they say, back alert, somebody got a bidding ward.
Speaker 5: Somebody got to pay you. But do you let him leave? Here is the question. I wouldn't you do? Not let that talent leave.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't let it.
Speaker 8: We talked about it a few shows ago about developing your own talent and going out there and getting one of your hitting gems.
Speaker 5: Do you just let him walk away?
Speaker 6: They got to give credit to Will McClay for this, being able to get guys to come from those you know, those leagues, bring those guys up. How he found brownon Nobbery also and developed him. Imagine the kicking battle with Brandon Aubrey. And it's just a couple of years ago. But I mean to me, with all the rule changes in the way the NFL has tried to go and limit you know, those those collisions, seeing him thrive as a returner, there were so many question marks around him coming from TCU, people talking about his character and things like that. Man, he came in and kept his head down and got to work, and these Pro bowls is just indicative of his the miles trap that he gets here, that's a success story.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 6: And if he ends up with the bag here, then it's going to be well deserved because of what he's the role that he's filled because it's been there. It's been a role that the Cowboys and needed as far as a guy on special teams to be that be that threat since probably.
Speaker 5: Dwayne Harris, I'll just Dee Harris.
Speaker 8: You haven't had a guy that's been that spectacular. And then not even just to mention that spectacular on special team. When de Harris did get that opportunity to go in on offense, he showed them I'm not just a return and when the opportunity presented himself, he made those players to say, hey, I'm a solid wide receiver. Got paid by the Cowboys, then left and went to a couple other teams and did his thing as a receiver and that's what's going to make his journey. Everybody loves the comeback story for him. He has the most on the orthodox story. We're talking about going from a major D one school to playing in the uh what the USFL at the time, I'm sorry UFL, but then to like you said, to be in a perennial and being a playmaker. He has some talent like guys that you mentioned T Slater, like those type of guys like you know that he's going to do it for special teams. But I'm excited to see what he's going to do once he gets the bag. And then when he gets the bag, if he gets it here and then does his role Expand that's what I want to see.
Speaker 2: It has to wherever you go.
Speaker 4: So don't you help me understand? This is a former player. De Harris was catching passes in East Carolina and putting up numbers, and then of course he was a return guy, which is what propelled him to be able to come into the league. And then the same thing with Turr TCUs catching passes here and making plays. Why is it these teams just stick them and kick return and then oh, by the way, it's almost by accident. You got to find out that, oh they can catch the ball, make people miss and help you help.
Speaker 8: You man, that's that is a good questions.
Speaker 5: Who really has the answer to that.
Speaker 8: You come in with these labels, and once you come in with the label, everybody wants their label to fit wherever they fit, at least being from the player's perspective and looking in and it's like, don't forget I was that guy, and it's your job to remind him and I give it to guys like.
Speaker 5: T Slater and Dee Harris.
Speaker 8: And then Turt when we talk about them, to go from being a playmaker and the guy in the whole nuance of being the star player till now you have to figure out you're not only a star player or your role player, but you've been categorized as a special team player. But the thing about it is some guys that come in you have a prior to ego and it's like they don't really embrace their role, but the way that they embrace their role. And for I think it's a little easier for Turt because he knows come in and playing in that the league, the USFL, you're barely on the roster, and the fastest way for you to stay on the roster cal can I do this through special teams. And when you go out there and make that play, it doesn't matter if your name gets yelled on special teams. Your name good yells on defense, your name get yelled on offense. Somebody is yelling. And once you get that adrenaline, are rush and you realize like hey, like you got Dak Prescott coming over to saying, hey, we need a big play for you and you can go over there and change the momentum of the game. I think those players truly embrace that special team role and they say, it's not a label.
Speaker 5: I'm a playmaker. Whenever I get on the field, I'm gonna make that play.
Speaker 8: And so with guys like that, it's different and it's special because you have some guys that work there but to get there, and you have some guys that have to humble theirself going to be in the first, second, third round pick, and then now you're being asked to go do special team And how many of those guys truly ball out on that on that level? So I think it comes to it comes down to pride and depending on your journey. But with the front office, once they put your label on there, like I said, it's up to you to outplay your label because at the end of the day, that bad talk. If you got paid to do this and start her It's like when it's I think of it in boxing because I'm a big boxer fan. When Floyd Mayweather's out there, Floyd is not gonna get a loss. You have to earn and prove that you're that guy. So you have to prove and knock out this label right here and show them like, hey, I don't just do this on the side, so whenever you need me, and then when your name is called, hey, you only got a few opportunities make those plays. And if you're not a playmaker there, you might be a playmaker somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta it's up to the player.
Speaker 7: It's up to the player to go out there and remind these guys that I'm more than just what you put me in as a box, as a label. You're gonna get that label coming into the to the whatever system you're in, and it's your job to take care of those responsibilities or opportunities that aren't just special teams.
Speaker 2: And that's the one thing when you talk about.
Speaker 7: Turping that I'm not so sure he's taking full advantage of his opportunities at the wide receiver spot. And now I get the trick plays as far as reversus and bubble screens and all that good stuff. I understand he's knocked out the box. But when you talk about those those routes that maybe a dig right over the middle or you know, a deep poster something, There's been plenty of times where we've seen urp as a body catcher, and he's dropping these passes. So if you want to get yourself outside of that label, that that box that they put you in. Its just a specialty. He can only affect the game special team or he can only do you know, big flash play here and there. You got to be more consistent at the position that you want to strive in. And for him, he wants to be, you know, considered a wide receiver, a true rade receiver in his league. I believe he has to get a little bit more consistent as far as catching the football. We know he's explosive, we know with the ball in his hands, he's a dangerous individual. But he's just got to get more consistent at those routine catches. And it may not result in a twenty five yard game, but if you can get that ten yard slint, catch it in front of a contested guy but trying to knock the ball out from behind you, that goes leaps and bounds.
Speaker 4: I feel like he has to get a little bit more CONSCIENTI.
Speaker 5: If that goes back to what I was saying about, like those guys that get the bag.
Speaker 8: You see typically once people get bags, they either coast it out and say hey, I made it and I'm a ride it and I'm keeping a copoesthetic. Or then you got those guys that get the bag and get a little bit hungrier because they're selling hasn't even been hit yet.
Speaker 5: His shielm hasn't been hit. We've only seen them as the playmaker.
Speaker 8: Imagine when you get that extra money and now put you in the realm of CD lamb telling you like, hey, you need to come train with us because I need that number two guy and take him under that wing to learn how to run routes, how to get on the drug machine, and then you put yourself and catapult yourself into a new level or new label, if that makes sense.
Speaker 5: So it's about will want to I wait for the bag for that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you wait, wait for the bag. I mean, but I'm just saying like some people are already laying the foundation for that.
Speaker 5: But we also know like when the bag come, it's a certain level of the more opportunities.
Speaker 4: All right, let's hit our first break here after the show throat they broke throat news. Everybody will dive into uh Ezekiel Elliott gone gone, number fifteen gone. Yes, yes, we'll do that next with Hector Harrison, the man, the myth lest We've got my man. J five is coming up, Baby, J five is coming up to Maitrey More Here, Church mans man, not a business, the business, damn right. The Church instructs this is the players Lambs twenty twenty five. Aristocrat Games responsor on Dallascowboys dot Com. Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 12: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat. A brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys Gambling Problem. Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys Game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced drama of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow Thecaptain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Drum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day, raising cane's chicken fingers.
Speaker 4: One love, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 6: The Dallas Cowboys honor the legacy of Bob Lily through the Bob Lily Award, presented by Ryan, awarded to the current Cowboy who demonstrates the highest level of achievement, sportsmanship, dedication, and leadership. Cast your vote now and help choose the player who best embodies the qualities that made Bob Lily one of the greatest cowboys of all time. Visit Dallascowboys dot com, slash Bob Lily and cast your vote today.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Heckmharrison, You're true. You're in a player's louns about to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Okay, heck Ma Harrison, Debautrey Moore, got Barry Church, I am new he Scruggs January tenth at Jerry World here in Arlington will be in Goodyear Cotton Bowl. We'll get to Ezekiel Elliot the minute. But but we have we have we have a touch point, and we have a touch point here on the show. As we were watching uh the Bowl game yesterday between Arizona State and Texas down there in Atlanta, GA, the Peach Bowl. Arizona State's got the football, they are driving. Yeah, it's a third down. It was targeting, straight up targeting. I think all of us in agreement. We're not big targeting people. But as many calls as we've seen had helmet, hid, helmet, flag, malicious hit should have been a first down for Arizona State. Arizona State having the football and the opportunity to run out the clock, when to get That's.
Speaker 6: What I thought true it was, But it was one of those calls that you see in the moment and when when I saw the officials huddle. So now, y'all, y'all, hey, I know what you better not be doing. Y'all better not have taken that call. Take that call, that call, you know the call.
Speaker 9: Me.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, that's that was wild in real time. That was wild to see.
Speaker 6: I've watched enough games, guys, I've called enough games where I've seen targeting and somebody's asking me about it, and I'm telling you have to bite my cheek, not to say give my real feelings, Like, dude, this is football twenty years ago, nobody would have stopped the actually wouldn't we continue to.
Speaker 4: The next play. But now but now it's like we have to super slow mode.
Speaker 5: We have to look down.
Speaker 6: We're judging intent on intent on bad passes from quarterbacks, leaving guys out to dry. And you got Bury Church sitting there salivating. Thank you, Lord, thank you Lord, beg you Lord, here you come. Oh, we've been to get this bag on you. And again that it is to me in college. You see, I've seen less egregious things happen in college, and guys get ejected for that. I mean, if that was a kid from Arizona State that didn't play the first half because in the Big twelve championship he blitzed and hit a guy, it's just a blitz. And it's things like that, and when you see like it changes at the last minute. And I don't want look, I don't want to go into what the motive was. If they were trying to push things forward for Texas whatever, you know, the you know the I'll let you go ahead and go because I'm trying to get.
Speaker 5: My baby specials. Hey, I understand what he said. My babies are young. Eventually they might get over there.
Speaker 8: But hey, everybody knows there's certain teams that always get a little sprinkle on the cup.
Speaker 5: K what they say?
Speaker 8: Parents say, Hey, we don't have a favorite, but you know Texas is one of those collegiate schools they get that favorite. Bama they get that typically get that swing. And with that being said, can we say it was a bell? How can we agree that it was that?
Speaker 4: Hey man, this is this is something we have seen happen in Texas before where you're just like, how I was there at the Big Toal championship game when they played Nebraska and the Donoquans who put on a ship Colt mcot gonna throw the ball out of bounds. Clock run out? They talking about, now there's a second left, ain't no second left? The clock ran out? It ran out. Nope, nope, there's one second left there run out, justin Tucker. They kicked the field goal and then Texas win the big top championship that could play Alabama the National championship game. It's like and Bo Polini and his brother were they were cussing up a storm light. They were right then I remember another time it's Vince Young's here when they end up win the National Championship game. They were dead to write dying in Kansas. All of a sudden the call comes out there. Mark Mangino say, everybody know what this is about? Three letters bcs. The next thing you know, they fine, Mark man Gino. Texas ended up winning the game, won the National championship. So for people who say, wait a minute, this is a blue blood call, blue blood's call, they get calls that was a blue blood call all day for them, sit there.
Speaker 5: And sit there and say that is it's not targeted even with your man.
Speaker 4: The man's helmet hit first t other man's. The man was laid out on the field for another three minutes.
Speaker 7: That's what the safety of the players, and that this man got targeted, laid on the field for three more extra minutes.
Speaker 2: Can can I just say, bar Church, you may not be the person to argue this is.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: You may not be the guy.
Speaker 9: For Gratu riding here at the university, but if I had to pick the gun, that is.
Speaker 5: But that was a bull job.
Speaker 4: I was like, whoa, that was the thing. And and I always I don't know about you. I enjoy searching social media from guys who played, and the overwhelming thing I saw from guys who played defensive guys were like, Dan, ain't targeting, that's not targeting, and people who who were like, hey man, we see what it is. We know that's not what it is.
Speaker 5: So overwhelming.
Speaker 4: You had the player see then overwhelming, you have people who covered the sports and just it was just unless you were a Texas fan. And even Clarence Hill, the Texas fan, said yeah, it was targeting. That that part of it was frustrat Because I was sitting there watching with my kids. I was like, first down, Oh yeah, I was, this is just news was over.
Speaker 5: I was like the greatest comeback I was.
Speaker 8: I was excited for the running back that Hey Dallas people, I know it's above my pay grade, but that by that boy earned some money last night.
Speaker 5: That running back you sketch the bull wait a.
Speaker 8: Seconds on the boot because he scared you and thought that it almost helped.
Speaker 4: You about the scotto gonna be.
Speaker 8: He st When I was watching him, I said, oh my, this boy is a more polished version follow me Rex Burke head.
Speaker 5: That man is talented, can do it all.
Speaker 8: No, and then the fact that he he told you Rex Burke he and I said, polish version of Rick Burke Riggins.
Speaker 2: What I said, who is scatter Boo is Toby Gearhard.
Speaker 5: That's that's who he is.
Speaker 4: Your boy told me that's who That's who he's Toby gear.
Speaker 5: That is who cut out the.
Speaker 4: White running backs together.
Speaker 5: Put him in the pol put him in there together. But what.
Speaker 6: I'm going on the I was looking at him, and I'm because I know everybody's on this train about drafting him. It's generous. The five to eleven is very generous. Five eleven two, Okay, So I'm going there when I look at running backs, running backs and just the food chain right now, ashing gent and even though like he's another one of those small running backs that I think once he gets to the NFL, them big arms, punt that peanut til my punch, it's gonnay, it's gonna be legit a change for him as well. I just look, my thinking is when it comes down to running backs and the one that we need here, we need a workhrd bell cow guy that's gonna be every single down.
Speaker 4: You didn't see that in this last game.
Speaker 6: I saw I saw it against I saw it against Texas's defense, which those guys are big and running. But I just how seventeen games seventeen games of it. I don't know durability, things like that.
Speaker 5: We've got.
Speaker 6: We've got a one year sample size of what he did seventeen hundred yards this season. I think he was a Sacramento they were saying before, and I may be wrong before this, but either way, I mean, I'm not gonna give him a first round grade, second round grade, so I'm going third.
Speaker 10: I no, no.
Speaker 8: I said, this was your insurance policy if you can't get genty first round pick. But if you can't you this is gonna be your workhorse. And he showed me one. I was like, all right, man, you did all this talking this week. I want to see what's gonna happen. And in the first quarter they came under they sit down, second quarter sit down. He did get a little tender and start yelling at his office line he did. But what but what I seen though, he did what most people do. Tom Brady, all the guys in the past.
Speaker 5: He talked his talk.
Speaker 8: But he came back out there said oh, he started lolling him to sleep and hit him and then started throwing. And then the boy was hurt and said, hey, coach, I'm still inting there, let me grit.
Speaker 5: Down, back down.
Speaker 8: Tuddy built the minimum whoever, So like I said, he showed you just the playmakability and then just being a leader that is the grit. And that's what I think the Cowboys need right there. It's not just having a talented running back, but somebody that actually has that grit in that let's go. And he showed that he has that dollar so he might be able to be a steal for someone.
Speaker 4: I thought Arizona State, like all those teams that had time off, they were they were slow out the gate. Of course it's the other teams.
Speaker 10: I mean.
Speaker 4: Them got bust in the mouth real quick, but they came back. But I look at him in terms of I don't think of him as a workhorse back. I think all these mis pretty much going to be in a combo type situation. And I'm thinking, with the amount of running backs coming out there for the Cowboys, if they drafted two guys, I would not be opposed to it. I would not be opposed to that.
Speaker 8: You have to draft two guys because if we don't know what's gonna happen with Rico after that, or I mean, you're you're saying you're gone, but like for him to be undrafted, like you said, develop your own talent, you got to keep somebody here and you need an insurance policy. So you keep Rico, and then you still draft two guys because like you said, neither one. I wouldn't say he wasn't going to be my every down back, but you pair him up against with Rico and then you get your little another scap back out there. Now you're talking about you cooking with grits. Like Grandma used to say, we're working this stove is warn baby.
Speaker 5: So that's why I think didn't right now.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, disrespect. Let's see what the ben has. I'm with you'all.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I just feel like, regardless of what you bring in and what you saw from this season from Rico Dow, ric may have opportunities out there. We were just talking about Cavante Turpin, he'll have opportunities as well.
Speaker 2: I think you have to have a guy that.
Speaker 6: Can As far as the NFC East is concerned, you need a guy that could carry that rock. You have three yards cloud of dust, whatever however you consider it. You need a guy for seventeen games that could be able to do that. And that's why I said bell Cow work on.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I think you got to get two guys. I don't see too many bell Cows out there in the game right now.
Speaker 5: If you.
Speaker 4: At him along with somebody else, he's gonna have to get a different number. I don't know the number he's gonna get when he comes here.
Speaker 2: But changed a little bit.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I don't know about getting a different number. What they say money talk and the walk. He might spend that bag when he get there.
Speaker 10: Okay, I just I just you know, I got your new we got we almost got halfway through almost.
Speaker 4: Struts. Well you look Ezekie Elliott when we come back here.
Speaker 2: We got it to.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium, pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yetti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Hey Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 11: You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coco mes move only a Smovie Key, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: Hey, Cowboy fans.
Speaker 15: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Rush Scott kits it shlig with a first.
Speaker 15: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 13: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he.
Speaker 11: Ever rub the needle?
Speaker 15: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get.
Speaker 2: Started to the players.
Speaker 6: Loud Golf Way by Todyler, the creator and collaboration with the Dallas Cowboys, is now available at select pro shops and online. Score unique apparel and accessories at pro Shop. At a pro shop near you are, log on to shop dot Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: A fanatics experience all right to yell.
Speaker 5: It gone.
Speaker 4: Happy at the show Man that show.
Speaker 2: They don't do that right, like before we come on. This is this is what we've had.
Speaker 6: This happen to us a lot guys, but we are on the road and all of a sudden, boom, espn.
Speaker 4: Ain't that something he requested it?
Speaker 5: That's what they say.
Speaker 4: That's what we say, requested man, because.
Speaker 7: Like you'll think he's somebody on snag like when he play gonna blame me, No, we need you to go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm a I'm gonna be the seller in on there. No no, like know what, like what when I saw him?
Speaker 8: What did you do that says hey, I need to pick you up like Clais Campbell got the guy when you say, hey we need him in on this playoff run. Yeah, they signed you expecting like and this is no shot. At Rico shout out to him for doing what he did. Missed a thousand yard running back, but they signed him with intentions of him taking over for him and doing the one two punch with Zeke being the emphasis.
Speaker 5: And he wasn't the emphasis. So what team?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Yards, four touchdowns.
Speaker 6: Isel Elliott came into the league twenty sixteen. Is nine year career. I'm telling you, when you first saw him coming out of Ohio State. You thought you had those delusions of brand injury. You told you yourself he was gonna be one of those goats. He's fortieth in all time rushing. Yeah, okay, I mean it didn't end the way it started. I started to see right around twenty twenty one. I think his last thousand yard season was when you started to see the decline and like what you say, father, father time and then undefeated. And at the same time, you know he gutted out some injuries. I heard you say plenty of times. They never remember that.
Speaker 4: They don't remember that, remember that.
Speaker 6: So the couple they put they brought Tony Pollard in, They did the thunder lightning deal for a little bit and then they said, you know what, we're good with the lightning. And then next day, you know, zek is out of here. Man. This was a failed experiment. And really, you know, two hundred and twenty six yards twenty six we.
Speaker 4: Was way off.
Speaker 2: I think I said him, like eight tubs.
Speaker 4: You you had him, you had.
Speaker 5: Predictions. Yet, let's see break it out.
Speaker 4: Don't you ask for it, because the buckets of in tekenty.
Speaker 5: Will burn you. Yeah, Well, let's call Timmer fifth the tickets in the.
Speaker 2: Yards yard, evil.
Speaker 4: Person, Mary had five hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 16: Yeah, okay, I was a low sixty five closing. Somebody put seven hundred, seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Clubs I did.
Speaker 11: And what did you end up? What it is?
Speaker 2: Six break?
Speaker 11: So talk.
Speaker 5: Break another one.
Speaker 4: That's all right, But it was all wrong, all wrong. It was all wrong, man. Then you know so underneath here after that till we had we had Dak with a touchdown. I had touchdowns and picks. I had thirty three touchdowns, eleven picks. Church you had thirty five touchdowns, eight picks. Heck, you had thirty six touchdowns fourteen picks. He ain't throw nothing closer than none of that touchdown.
Speaker 8: Man, all I'm gonna say is Barry's over here. Sounded like a Kevin Hart mean right now, they got me a lot.
Speaker 4: Going into that Cleveland game. We had Tyler Geyton how much help we had that? Then under Ricodalald we questioned said Batman or Robin.
Speaker 2: Which was that.
Speaker 4: Going into the Cleveland game? And then we had Ferguson and Cooks kind of like you know, which one of the two guys is going to step up and help out?
Speaker 8: I was wrong.
Speaker 5: Another one. Yeah, man, you need to just turn on that rustead of song. This is mine sorry for That was twenty four.
Speaker 2: That was hard.
Speaker 7: Will say this about z though, when I was there with him his rookie year, when he stepped on to the scene, Man, he's explosive, and I thought, you know, we had what we had in the mark and I'm like, ain't nothing going.
Speaker 4: Marco was we needed somebody else like that. And I don't know if he's gonna be able to do that because in camp he's started a little slow, had heavy feet out there, and I was like.
Speaker 7: Man, the fourth pick overall on this dube man. But the man shot out of a cannon when the regular season started and.
Speaker 11: He literally carried it.
Speaker 4: After that Giant game, he carried us.
Speaker 8: But said earlier in the show about Turt, it depends on when you get that bad what happens.
Speaker 5: Will you elevator or will you start to see a dcline? He was mad.
Speaker 8: The question, I guess goes down to, did the Cowboys pay him too late or they should have paid him earlier. If they had paid him earlier, will we not have a Zeke that went to Cowbo that set out for most of the year and did the Le'Veon Bell experiment. And then from there it was like, hey, now we just see that snowball effect of him going down. If you would have gave him his bag earlier, he'd have still been here. He'd just been playing from the start of the season. He could have got the ball rolling. And we're talking about the changing your career potentially, so that bag is different when the timing of it. And so hopefully we learn from experience with a lot of people that's coming up about to get this bag right now, don't delay.
Speaker 5: M M. But that's just my opinion. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's why you're here. You're here, you're here for your opinion. Here somebody had questioned whether or not Ezekiel Elliott should be in the Cowboy.
Speaker 5: Ring of Honor.
Speaker 2: Wow, what happens?
Speaker 6: What happens to guys at the end of their career, those questions start to come up. Immediately you start asking a question about the Ring of Honor, Then you started the next question is hall of Fame? All of those questions start to come up. I mean because now some people you frown on it, but you have a Terrell Davis with seven thousand yards, it's.
Speaker 2: In the Hall of Fame, that is true.
Speaker 4: Terrell Davis MVP in League Rush for two thousand yards. He did Super Bowl MVP, two Super Bowl rings, seven thousand yards. And I don't know if he was I don't know. I mean, I don't know if he's all decade or not. I don't know if he's all decade. But when you look at impact and you can say seven thousand yards, you're legitimate. But when you talk about accomplishments, and I say this because I know TDT and I did a radio show together, I will talk with him about these things when he was trying to get in the hold of these are things that are getting used against you. And when you talk about impact, not many people walking around with his resume of accomplishment two grand in a year and MVP is a running back. I mean, I don't know how long.
Speaker 5: How long did TV excuse my ignorance? But maybe that's a.
Speaker 4: Eight, well more than nine, very short. And that first one was like special team.
Speaker 5: Wasn't that exactly he was?
Speaker 8: As I said, he got it out the MUK He's And so I guess the reason that I asked that is because when does factor in play. Per ratio becomes a factor because we're talking about somebody like Aaron Donald who could.
Speaker 5: Well, obviously he's to go. He's a bad example, I'm using him.
Speaker 8: But the fact that he could have kept building along his career already impressive resume and kept going. And the fact that TV said I'm shutting it down earlier and then like you said, the first first.
Speaker 5: Year, you're a true special team guy.
Speaker 8: So you only got so he played seven to eight years, you only have truly six five years of true worth.
Speaker 5: The work of him doing that at that position.
Speaker 4: Frank Gore was someone that a Hall of Fame vote had talked to me about Terrell Davis. Frank Gordon, he said in his opinion, He said, Frank Gorge just played a long time and became a stack pilot. Yeah, versus the what is it impact of what Terrell Davis did? Two thousand yards MVP, three years, four time All Pro Super Bowl MVP. The first when they won one fifty three l Wait finally won because he got a run game, and then they backed it up the next year when he was the MVP and won it again. Just like hey, when he was here, homeboy took the Broncos to a level they had not been before. And a Hall of Fame quarterback of John Elway, who went three Super Bowls before couldn't win them. Then he's winning them because he had a run game and he was a dominant performing a true difference maker.
Speaker 6: Now, I mean what you what you're talking about as far as impact, did I look at guys like Priest Holmes, you know, in that same vein, in the impact that they had for the teams that they played for, and do they get that opportunity? And that's why all them saying like it gets to the end of the career and then you start looking at the body of work and things like impact starts to man put Darren Woolson in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: While we're doing all.
Speaker 4: That's a that's a conversation four of us. Did he make the finals?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 11: He did?
Speaker 5: He did what they said vote. I put it out there.
Speaker 8: My vote has been casting when they're sitting there and they ask you who you think, Hey, but he would.
Speaker 4: And the beauty of it is, you know, there's there's not the safety competition anymore. Rodney Harrison and not there. So now he's the only one so he's definitely worthy of the ballot. And I hope we don't get all right man. Fun show is always all right.
Speaker 5: Hell.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you, Yes, sir Deep appreciate you. Church looking good, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club