Speaker 1: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and Cambridge Edge.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod, But this time I am missing another tea and I have my new co host for the Real Housewives of Orange County, Alexia and Napola. Oh my gosh, I am so excited for our first time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm so happy to be here. As some people know, I am in Paris, so I am doing the podcast right here for my hotel room in Paris.
Speaker 2: You know what that is a flex as I'm sitting here in Encino and it's one hundred degrees and my air conditioning's not working. Alexia is in Paris, but before you were in Paris, you were in Madrid, And of course I'm gonna have to ask you this straight up, god, or I'm not going to answer it. Well, you're gonna have to a little bit. I saw that you insinuated that you had brought Todd to Madrid and he's tagged in a photo.
Speaker 3: Well that that was not an insinuation at all, by the way, Like, what was it because I tagged him that he was with me in Madrid. If that would have been the case, you would have seen that as well. The case was that I'm eating a club sandwich and we would always eat clip sandwiches there, and I tagged him because it was like his favorite club sandwich. That's exactly.
Speaker 2: So it was just you were just flirting.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I don't even really consider that flirting. I just consider it like we talked about, like, oh, make sure you have the club sandwich while you're there. So I did. I took a picture of it, and I tagged him so he can see how beautiful it was and how tasty it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still think, you know what, I'm still going to go off the fact that Todd was in Madrid.
Speaker 3: You could know he's not in the Drid and he's not in Paris. This is a solo euro Tree and I have a lot of friends in Madrid, and I'm in Paris with one of my best friends, Johnny, and then I'm gonna continue to London Croatia.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we'll see. We'll see about that. We'll see when his head pops out of the bathroom door behind you, it's not oh my gosh, Okay, well we'll we'll see, we'll see, she said.
Speaker 3: I didn't think a club soundwich was never gonna make it to page six, and apparently I did, just because I tagged them.
Speaker 2: Well the no what else has made it to page six non stop? The picture of Larsa and Teresa photoshopped. There are in more countries than you are now at this point.
Speaker 3: Like I saw that, and I saw the Marisol wanted to add herself to to the fund and she added her picture as well, with like a big butt that she's never had.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I didn't notice that part. She added a butt she gave herself.
Speaker 3: That's not Marissol's butt. Like I've known Marissol for twenty something years. She's never had that butt.
Speaker 2: Maybe she got a VPL while you were gone or BPL or what is it called BBL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was like an old photo of hers, and I guess the she photoshopped it too, So what would you photoshop? I guess she would photoshop a butt on herself. Listen, I photoshop and that's not her butt. That's never been her butt.
Speaker 2: My butt's a chicken butt. It just looks like too. But well, thank you. Well, I'm excited to have you here. As everybody knows, that listens to Tucciese and a pod Tamra is not able to discuss Real Housewives of Orange County. It doesn't mean that we're in a fight. It doesn't mean that we're not doing the pod together anymore. It's that Alexia is coming and filling in and going to give all of her hot takes on Orange County, which I'm so excited about because she has strong opinions and I hope sometimes they don't mesh with mine because I think that will keep this even.
Speaker 3: That's what's going to make it fun. And I love that you clarify that you and Tama are okay, because I feel like we have to be explaining ourselves like every minute, right, Yeah, they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Be like Teddy didn't like it, so and so happens, and now it's no. Every time one of us is on vacation or something happens, they're like, they broke up. They're in the biggest fight ever. The podcast is over. I'm like, I'm visiting my family, like, calm down. But we're gonna start off the pod with the headline that Shannon Budoor was on Jeff Lewis Live, which I don't know have you done Jeff Lewis, No, I haven't, so anytime you go on Jeffrey's Live.
Speaker 3: Friends, right, Jeff Lewis and Shannon are good friends.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they are good friends, but she essentially talks about She revealed new details about the timeline of Alexis Bellino's romance with John Janssen, which we got to know Alexis for the first time when we all went to go see we should be saying Janet Jackson, but I just say Nelly at this point because well, I stopped remembering after Nelly. But but she said we had broken up and then they started dating about six weeks after we broke up, and then the show started filming, and I think they'd been dating about a month and a half two months at that time, so it was a new relationship. So no, it wasn't fun, but I got through it, so you'll have to tune in. Then she says she's a friend. Let's be clear, she's a friend. She's not holding an orange, Shannon stated. Then, after it was noted that Alexis had posted a photo of herself with the rest of the women, Shannon said, I don't know if this means anything, but let's take her out because she was never in the flipping picture. Who's in the ciner? That would be me? It's so thirsty, and I'll just leave it at that. Shannon's friend Vicki, also posted a cast photo with her cell photoshopped in it.
Speaker 3: So and I know that that's what the women do. I don't think. I don't think Maraison, Nijohn and Katy did that. No, that you shouldn't do that, But even I was allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: No, they but the point being, and listen, I'm not taking sides here at this point of the season. But I was told that fans are the one that put Alexis in the photo, and Alexis just shared it versus her putting herself in there.
Speaker 3: But they actually do it, or whether they're fans, whether you know the fans did it, It wasn't Bravo.
Speaker 2: You know how sometimes they'll film this, they'll take pictures of us all separately because everyone's fighting, and then put us all in No, she was at that photo shoot. She is in the silver dress. But a fan made that picture tagged Alexis, and then Alexa shared it. But then Shannon was saying how thirsty it was that Alexis did that, but a fan did it, but also so did VICKI H So, I mean.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: I feel like, listen, if you're trying to be funny and you're poking fun at yourself, I'm photoshop yourself into whatever you want. Like I photoshopped Caroline Stanbury's face under my pregnant body because she's in all this drama right now about not wanting to get pregnant. I'm like, you can have mine because I'm being I'm making a joke of the situation, but when you're I don't know, I'm weird about that. I also am weird about like people calling themselves iconic or queen or any of those things.
Speaker 3: So what about star? I called myself a star.
Speaker 4: I'm actually weird about that too, right, But I mean, I think you're a star, but you needed to tell me.
Speaker 2: It's slightly concerning.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was being funny too, but I guess will under the context. But yeah, it was just like a crazy moment that I had. But I feel that Alexis was just really resharing, like what fans do you know? I mean, I don't know that she did it to bother Shannon. But she did it, you.
Speaker 2: Know, But I don't think that she I don't think regardless, I liked my time with Alexis. Do I think she's doing things to intentionally bother Shannon?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like yeah, of course. Do you know what you're doing right? And you can make a choice. You could you could privately be entering a relationship if you're coming into a new show and not. But no, no, no, it's all over the place. And we just saw online that they're shopping for engagement rings.
Speaker 3: Well that's really crazy. I mean, how do you know that, like this is a guy after such a short period of time. But I mean, remember she told us they have sex how many times? More times a day than Larsus says.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like four or fun times a day. She said, listen, I'm good four to five times a month. But then Shannon said she's currently friends with some people. I don't think I should say who, because there's stuff that happens, especially in the first episode that's really really nice. So let's just put this away. I'm friendly with some of the cast and then some I don't speak to it all, she explained, I am curious, who would you guess that Shannon's close with right now?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, well, not worth maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean closest is a strong word, so I mean at this point, maybe after her season, she's close to a few people. But in the beginning, which is what we saw episode one, it's kind of like she's on her own. It's like it's all about her. It's like everybody against her. Like that's that's what I sensed. Yeah, and honestly made me feel a little bit uncomfortable because it was like a lot. She's dealing with so many different issues, and they're really personal issues. You know, she's talking about like her ex boyfriend that she was with for three years, she's talking about her children, a dui. I mean, it's it's it's a lot. I mean I felt I really felt bad for her, honestly.
Speaker 2: And what are your thoughts about? You know, something that I've seen online in different places is that people are coming from both directions. One are coming for the women are terrible that they're you know, throwing this in her face. But then there's also people saying she chose to do the show after this happened. You know it's going to happen, right, So what are your thoughts on that, like, do you say, I feel like we all know that when we sign up to do these kind of shows, we know what it's about. So we you know, we've grown like thick skin, and we know that we have to tell her story because that's what we're there for and what we're getting paid for. And she seems to be okay with doing it. I mean, I have, you know, haven't watched her before in the other season, so I don't know if she's always been a very like genuine and authentic person where she opens up and she's shared a lot about her life. I think that's the hard part is last season there was multiple times where they broke the fourth wall and it's her yelling at production that she's not doing this. So her relationship last year was kind of coming undone, and then the other women were kind of calling her out on in a camera because she was having off camera conversations and then on camera she was like things are great, and you know that starts to rub people the wrong way, right, and then maybe allegedly she wouldn't remember these conversations, and then it would just became a whole big game of telephone and that was essentially last season, and then ten days after the reunion is when she got the DUI. I had previously thought that her and John Jansen had gone out together and she they got in a fight out, but apparently what I've been told is that she was already drinking in a situation, went over to John Jansen's house, they got into a fight, and he told her not to drive, and then she drove home. That's when she crashed into the house.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's that's what I've heard as well, which I think makes sense. I mean, you know, she just had broken up with her her boyfriend after all this time, and it had that kind of relationship, and we also know she drinks and she likes to drink, and just like just everything mounted up where the where she showed up at his house and it's not the first time that you know, he an ext wife or an next girlfriend or whatnot shows up at the guy's house and they get into an argument and she's drinking, and unfortunately she took off her new car and she had an accident. She could have, you know, hurt someone and she hurt herself as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because then we see her showing Heather a bloody photo of her face, which we hadn't seen prior to this, we had only seen her in the sling. There was like a photo of her walking into her house, I think with John Jansen, and it was her coming from the hospital. But then they kind of get into a conversation where there it's now five months later, they're filming Orange County. Shannon meets up with Emily and says she's been working on herself. She's just been making some poor decisions. She's too drink max person. And then Emily wonders if sobriety should be an option, but Shannon says she doesn't drink that often. Here's here's my issue. And I don't want to come down on Shannon too hard. Do I drink too much sometimes? One million percent?
Speaker 3: I feel like a lot of people don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think if you say you don't drink too much most of the time, it means that you do have some sort of a problem. Like I can openly admit, like, oh yeah, if I'm in a bad place and I drink too much, I'm a shit show. Or if I'm in a good mood i drink too much, I'm the most fun.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's what I was gonna say. I was gonna say, you have to be careful because sometimes when you're like in a really bad place and you're sad or angry and whatnot, and you drink and that kind of like adds to whatever feeling or emotion you're going through, and it's not good. If you're happy and you're just gonna get happier and it's not gonna affect yourself or anybody else, then go ahead and do it. But definitely not no drive, I mean definitely not.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be my point. But never we are It's not like we're she's twenty one years old. We were grown ass women like we had Like it costs eight dollars probably for her to get an uber to John Jansen's house to have that same fight. Right, Why would you ever think? And that's where it gets worrisome to me. Plus we have to go back to the past, which I'm going to to kind of give you a little history. There's always been a thing about Shannon calling the women drunk and spewing things. But then there's always been a thing about Shannon, like Shannon kind of went after Gina about Gina's dui and how she was going to lose her kids, and like really went for Gina about her making that mistake as well. So now it's come back and it's like, yeah, we're all hypocrites, but that wasn't that long ago. That's tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it. I mean I feel like they obviously you're seeing it because they're on national TV and everyone's seeing it. But I see I feel like a lot of women do it, and a lot of people do that that you know, they drink under the influence and we see it every day. We were just talking in my podcast with Marisa about justin Timberlake a few weeks ago, and you know, it can happen to anybody and to everyone. So it's like, that's really like the point here. If you want to drink, you know, stay home or get in a number or have a friend driver or what not. Just don't get behind the wheel. You just can't do that.
Speaker 2: It's nice.
Speaker 3: And then now before she's sharing all this because this is the other thing, Teddy even it's like, okay, well why do the show you We're gonna have to talk about it. Well, there's this thing called social media that everybody is like on one hundred percent of the time, and when you're a public person, you can't hide anything. I mean, you can hide anything. Every They found out immediately when she was arrested and everything that happened, so it's a it's already public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've seen the video, We've seen everything that happened. We saw the damage on the house, we've seen her injuries.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't on this show. The entire world knows about it. So maybe she can come back now and she can say her story and her narrative and her side of the story.
Speaker 2: Did you feel sympathetic watching her?
Speaker 3: You know I did, because you know, I am human, I am a mom, you know, a woman, you know, a wife. I mean, it's like it's hard to be, you know, in her shoes right now. And I did feel sympathetic because I have a kind heart. You know, I have no excuse for her to drive. But there's so many people like that right that you care and love and they make the wrong decisions. Yeah, you know, so you're upset at them because they did that and you wish they wouldn't have done it. And I don't even know her that way, But did you think that she wanted to get in that car and you know, get into one accident and the whole world find about it, and you know, and hurt herself, maybe hurt somebody, her kids. I mean, she has to really fit feel like shit.
Speaker 2: Honestly to not be able to travel to see your child in another country because you're I have legal ramifications. It's just another like when when we saw that conversation with her kids, I was like like, yeah, I didn't even think about that part. Like there's the whole kid's dynamic aspect also, and like it's very hard as a mom, at least for me to be like, hey, guys, you can't ever do this, but I did, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I mean you can turn it into like learn from me, you know what, Like you don't want to end up like your mom, or you never want this to happen to you. You know, you guys are young, you have a life ahead of you. You know, you can turn it always into like a life lesson. But she has to be embarrassed. Yeah, I mean, who's going to be proud about that? And then now she has all the other girls that are going to be sticking in her face all throughout the season, everything she did wrong.
Speaker 2: I know, I wish you would just take a little bit of ownership about it instead of it being like it's it's John, Like I do I love John Janssen. No, there's a lot of guys on the show that I don't know enough to really make a true decision. But I've never gotten that like warm, fuzzy feeling watching him. Yeah, I think I would like him either, by the way, Yeah, I don't know why. It's not like maybe he'll grow on me at some point. But I don't know that you can use your circumstance as an excuse.
Speaker 3: Like well, I mean there's some men they know how to push the buttons and and and I guess that John knew that about Shannon and then put that on top that she would drink, you know, to overcompensate whatever she was going through, and this is the result that you get. So, I mean I feel that that's like, obviously you really can't blame him, but indirectly he did have something to do with it.
Speaker 2: Do you think that she was showing self awareness in this episode?
Speaker 3: I mean, she she did own what had happened, And I think because the entire world knows about it, so you can't hide it. You know. It wasn't like back in the day when there was no social media that you can hide these things, you know, as long as one of the other cast members wouldn't bring it up or they were like your friend, they were white. This was years ago when we started to show in twenty ten, that's what would happened. But now there's no secrets, so you actually have an advantage of being on a show like this where you have your platform where you can really speak the truth. And that's what I wish that these women would do that. R and D shows like Don't Lie, you know, like the But do.
Speaker 2: You think the true to Drink Max is a lie?
Speaker 3: Oh oh no, well that I don't believe her too. Yeah, I just have two drinks and I'm not gonna crush and do make irresponsible decisions with two drinks. But that's me. Maybe somebody else has two drinks and they do make miss, you know, irresponsible choices and whatnot.
Speaker 2: I think she was saying since then she's a true too Drink Max person. But I'm still like, I feel like when you have to clarify that it's a little dicey. But Tamar questions and asks Heather if she thinks Shannon has an alcohol problem, and Heather says she thinks that she does. Then Gina says, Shannon is twenty years ahead of her and she didn't like what that looked like. That's why she changed her life. And then Shannon says every day she wakes up and thinks about what happened. And that's when Tama equips is that after you've had a drink, I don't know if that happened in real time, right, I know? And then Shannon is done with people saying she's a drunk who needs help. She had a really bad night. She cries and walks off in her confessional. Oh that was a lot, Yeah, it was a lot. I think what ends up happening is that so many times things happen off camera as well, and the women try to protect the other women until they can't anymore and it feels toxic. And then when the other women won't take full of like I hate to use the word, but accountability for something, the others just go they can't handle it, like you've been doing this for years, We've watched.
Speaker 3: It, right, but do you know that, like what what are the girls saying that she always behaves in this manner, like she's always drinking and she don't like to be the drunk. I don't know her past, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say that she is a seasoned drinker anytime I've been around her, and me too.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like a lot of these women drink too on the show just to feel more comfortable, and that you know, to you they feel anxious, so it takes away there anxiety. Or if they're quiet and they have a drink, you know they're going to be more feisty. So you know, different reasons like I don't know her in her day to day life, you know, and I feel that that's what really makes on alcoholics, Like I don't know if she only drinks when she's on camera and around these women, or does she really wakes up and drink? Yeah, does she wake up every day and nonfunction? Is she a functional alcoholic? I don't know her well enough, you know, to give my opinion. And that's why it's hard for me to give my opinion about women that I watch a clip up, you know, for five minutes, because you know, it has to do with a lot of things, and you know what I'm talking about. So I don't know that, you know, and I haven't watched her enough to know that in every season she has been you know, accused of drinking too much, or she's had problems handling her alcohol or whatnot. But if the girls really care about her, they would try to help her and not like attack her. I mean, this woman's already going through a lot of stuff, and I feel like they need to be a little bit more sensitive because they're not going to get the result they want. I mean, if you want somebody to get better, to actually understand or become aware, you're not not everybody's gonna attack her, you know, have that approach towards her that's going through stuff. So that's why acting the way she is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's like, but how many years can you be going through stuff like always? Do you get? Is that a card forever?
Speaker 3: No? I don't think it gives you the right to behave poorly and make the wrong decisions, you know, and we're all going through stuff. But you know, again, I feel that all this really came to life because she had the DUI. I mean, there's people that drink every day and they take uber or they stay home and pass out and nobody finds out about it. Unluckily for her, she's a public person and that happened and the entire world found out about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so then Tamra, Jen and Emily go to the gym. Tamra says that right after Shannon's duy, Shannon was telling the press she wasn't drinking anymore. She was drinking diet coke, and then at the Trace Amiga shows, Shannon would secretly pour herself drinks. Tamar didn't feel like it was right to continue doing a show revolving around drinking. Do you agree that with Tama or that pausing that Trace a Mega's live show was the way to go. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like that Tamra did that. I think that that's being a good friend and actually supporting her. I don't know. She had the conversation with Shannon and told her, listen, you know this is not going to be good for you. It's not going to be good for us. You know, we're involved around alcohol all the time, and you know, I get it. It's a show. You want to have fun, We're all going to be drinking, so it's just better to, like cancel it and not do it anymore, because you could have a bigger things to worry about right now than to be, you know, doing a show, you know, around the country and getting drunk because all eyes are going to be new and you need to get better. So I don't know if that conversation happened or she just like, you know, stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can give a little insight just to clarify, and this is not me being biased, so everyone please relax. But I know for a fact that Tamar absolutely was there for Shannon as support after her duy. Tama just didn't think that doing the trace and a megas right away was a good idea. She had found out that Shannon and Vicki were saying, you know, terrible things about her.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They had signed on with the manager why Tamro was in Scotland doing Traders, and then without her knowledge, gave permission that Tamo would continue. So of course, going into the season, Tama was going to be pissed because she knew this was going to happen with Shannon, like she already was like there for her. Then she went away, and you know how you are when you're on those shows like you're like locked up, and they committed to something that she had already told them. I don't think it's a good idea. And then so she's gonna come in hot. Yeah, Like so I think that's what happened. Then we get to Shannon sitting down with her daughters. She says the night she got her DUY, she and John got in a big argument and he called her a drunken idiot, and driving home, she lost control of the car. One of her daughters says, this sucks, but it happened for a reason. Then she said she went through a thirty day wellness program as seeing a therapist. And then Shannon says John called her ten days after her DUI saying he was cutting all ties, that she ruined his and his family's lives. And then six weeks after the phone called, John started dating Alexis. Then we flashed back to the gym. Emily brings up how Alexis's ex husband sued Tamara and Shannon, and Tarmra says John dating Alexis is karma. Do you feel like Shannon is trying to insinuate John is partly to blame for her DUI?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I don't really think she was insinuating. I think, like deep in her heart, you know, she does think that a lot of her anger and frustration and whatnot is due to the relationship that she's had with John all the time, and she has to be pissed. I mean, I don't know what kind of relationship they had or if she's still in love with the guy. I mean, I don't know that, but I mean at this point, she probably hates him and she saw that he's moved on.
Speaker 2: So I mean, do you think she hates somewhere? Do you think she's even more in love with him? You know how sometimes in like really toxic relationships, like once they they're fully gone, you just feel like I need to get like I need to get back.
Speaker 3: I need you know, I think you did her favor. I think you did her a favor by meeting Alexis, because I don't think there's no return there. I think he was going to stay with Alexis, And you know, she might not realize it now, but she'll realize it that he did her favor, and Alexis did her favor by you know, by meeting each other and by being together, because if not, I feel I feel like Shannon was going to continue with this nonsense, which yeah.
Speaker 2: I did appreciate the conversations being had with her kids because that was something I hadn't even put into my my stratosphere of thinking. Then we get to Heather and Terry have moved into their new house in Beverly Hills, which I'm like, aren't we watching the Royal Housewives Orange County?
Speaker 3: I know, how did that happen? I was going to ask you that, how do you live in Beverly Hills and film and no, se Well, I think I want to tell you.
Speaker 2: Well, what the reasoning behind us? I think Heather's kids go to school in LA. They have the house in Beverly Hills, but that's why. So Balboa Bay Club, for anyone curious, is this like beautiful. It's not a country club, but it's in lack of a better word. You sign up, you're a member, and then you get one of the condos. So I think in order to make it all makes sense, and they can still see Terry's mom, they have a place at Baboa Bay Club, which is also in Orange County, So I think they're residing in Los Angeles for the kids. The family for Terry and then they have a place at Balboa Bay Club.
Speaker 3: I was going to google this last night, but I forgot, so I don't want to be ignorant. But how far is oc Orange County from Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Depends on traffic. Like, if I left at five forty five in the morning, I could be at Tamra's house in less than an hour. If I after ten am, okay, if I left at ten am, two and a half.
Speaker 3: Hours, okay. Well, it's kind of like Miami, like when I go to Marisol's house and she still lives in Miami, Like I do it technically, Well, I mean I live in a certain area of Sunny Owls and I'm living in the beach, but it's an hour away as well. So the part that's.
Speaker 2: Different is if there was a real Housewives of Sunny Isles, right, why would you be on Miami that that's where there's a little bit of a I mean, I don't mind it at all. I don't care, right, I think Heather.
Speaker 3: I feel like she can she can work out in both franchises.
Speaker 2: Listen, if you're that rich, yeah, go for it. You can be on all the places, right, And like I'm I'm willing to, you know, go on her jet and go wherever she wants to go. I'll reside in her club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she can come to Miami whenever she wants to.
Speaker 2: Then, Gina tells Emily that her client's brother bumped into Shannon at the store with a shopping cart full of boots. Gina says Shannon gave her so much shit for Dui and she has no respect for her now. She thinks Shannon needs to go to rehab. Gina talks about how she and Travis can't afford a house to fit their combined family and they may need to live separately and see where the chips lay. Later, Gina and Travis discussed this decision, which Travis doesn't agree with and feels like it's pulling them apart. H there's a lot to unpacked here.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 2: Like one in regards to Gina and Shannon stuff. I get that Gina is pissed at Shannon for her behavior last year, but I also think of all of the women, maybe Gina could have the most empathy.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. That's what I was going to say. You went through this yourself, you know how hard this is. She shouldn't you know after she gets over the fact that yes, Shannon said that and offended her, that she can help Shannon in many ways.
Speaker 2: I mean, Gina is California sober, which is does not mean you're free of any substance.
Speaker 3: Correct, I learned. I know what that meant. But I learned that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I mean I think that, like you have, you got to give somebody a little bit of I don't know if if it's happened to you, like if I had gotten ad UI. It's like me talking to somebody that's had a divorce because I've been divorced before. I have a little bit more empathy towards somebody who's had one, because I like, it just gives you an insight that you wouldn't have if you've never had one, and you've always thought that.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe throughout the season they do have that moment. I would love to see that. I would love for Gina and Shannon to you know, have that moment or the differences aside and they're you know, there for each other, and Gina actually you know, helps her and you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that we should hold our breath for that.
Speaker 3: No, I'm a nice I don't even know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: He shows them very thanks they show. They do show them in the trailer getting along, but I feel like it might have been like a five second teaser bake out. But then we do get into something that I think resonated. Gina and Travis moved into a house together. They have a shit ton of kids. They moved them all into the house. There's a million bunk beds that are living together. And then Gina shares that she is going to have Travis move out because now the kids are getting older and they need privacy. And Travis's ex wife, I think has taken over too much of their space of their relationship. She feels like it's like a third person in their relationship because her and her ex husband have figured out how to co parent, and apparently this woman has not. What I think in this moment is if we're going to talk about her, I need her on the show. I agree, like I need to.
Speaker 3: Know what she's doing right, But who do you need? You need the ex wife?
Speaker 2: I need the ex wife. If we're going to talk about her and how she's causing these problems, then let's show her. Let's see a little bit of it, because I think a lot of people would relate to that and going through that struggle of I mean, if you're willing to open up and say this about your boyfriend's kid's mother, then that's shore right.
Speaker 3: Well maybe she will, no, maybe she'll she'll be a part of the show. Maybe she'll want to do that. I mean, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about jen and Ryan because they go to Jenner Jenna is finalizing her divorce, but now her ex hasn't paid his portion of the rent and she's getting evicted in the house that Gina found her.
Speaker 3: My god, this is on one episode.
Speaker 2: It was like a lot.
Speaker 3: There were so many like different stories going on, and like a lot. It was like heavy stuff. It was like wow, Like all.
Speaker 2: I kept thinking was a housewife with no house. How dreadful.
Speaker 3: But like I don't even understand, Like how do you not pay for your like for your rent? Even before you didn't share that on TV, that's like really humiliating. I mean I would think.
Speaker 2: Well, I also was thinking, you're getting paid fifty dollars a yoga class. Don't you own the studio? Like that's what she's getting paid to go there? Like she's posting on hers and listen, this isn't to come at gin, but she is posting every single time she's going to teach a class in Orange County, like to put things out.
Speaker 3: How many people does she have in her class? I mean, that's not a lot of money.
Speaker 2: But that's why I'm saying that's a shit. That's shit. Normally in a situation like I, I don't teach fitness classes or anything like that. But if I do a charity or something like that, and I say I'm gonna be in this class, sign up, you know, like there's it's a big money pot because the person wants to Yeah, get.
Speaker 3: The tea, you make her money. It's about volume. You need to fill up your classes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that that made me worry. But then I also thought, do you think it's a red flag that she's moving in with Ryan? I mean his past is that he's a cheater or whatever it may be. Solely because she financed, can't do it on her own. Are you like, oh, he's being a nice guy.
Speaker 3: I would like for me, I mean, that should not be the reason why you move in with a man, ever, because right there, he he knows that it's about that, So like the relationship kind of like takes a shift. So I'm just going to go exactly, I'm just going to go to your house, and it's just like the easy way out, and I wouldn't do that. I also think that somebody has to be because you want establish a life together, a relationship, you're in love and whatnot, but definitely not because you need free rent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's going to be. I feel like, And now you know, since we've seen they've gotten engaged, he's gotten allegedly in all this trouble with the stuff with the Dodger player, the FBI is involved like all of it. I'm just like, you're getting yourself deeper and deeper immersed Like now it's no longer just you didn't pay your rent on the place that Drina found for you. Now we're into a whole, You're into another web of issues, which worries me. Then Emily, Heather, and Alexis meet for drinks. Emily asked Alexis about her ring, and Alexis says it's a promise ring, not an engagement ring. Then Alexis confronts Emily about talking shit about John on to teas in a pod, and Emily said she knows he treated Shannon poorly, and then Alexis asked Emily if she trust a drunk woman's opinion. Emily questions why she's defending him after only dating him for a month. M how do you feel about promise rings?
Speaker 3: First of all, we're adults, you know, and I don't even think young people do promise rings anymore. A promise ring is kind of like I promise to never marry you. That's how I see you, but also marry you.
Speaker 2: Remember when we were like in high school and we would get those rings that it meant like you weren't going to have sex until like they well, like I think I got one, Like it's like a chastity ring. I forget what the called, but they give it to you. It's like a promise ring and you put it on. I think mine was like a knockoff David Yeerman and it met like this, we're together and then when we're ready to have sex, we're gonna do it. But like y'all already had sex, what do y'all promise?
Speaker 3: And four times a day? So it's like, so no, I think it's silly. I think it's more for like publicity and just I just think it's stupid, honestly, between you and I, it's like, you know what, it's save the money and get me like a tennis bracelet or something else, like it could be something else at symbolic. A piece of jewelry does not have to be a ring. You could they could be like the people on Love Is Blind?
Speaker 2: And have you seen these little tappers Whenever you're thinking about the person that you're with, you tap it and that lights up their arm. I actually google that be good for my kids, Just give my little tap, little bus like. But I feel like Alexis is going into this season and if she does continue to bring up to teas in a pod, I'm happy for her to get an orange thank you.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna say, maybe that's like what she wants. Well, I feel like a lot of times when the women come in as friends and it's the first season, they really fight for their position.
Speaker 2: Especially after being a housewife.
Speaker 3: Exactly that is true in her case. I forgot that she was a housewife, and you know, after so many years, it's kind of like she's coming back and she needs to prove herself and there's nothing that's going to stop her, so there's no consequences. So that's that's what it looks like she's doing. And then obviously she has John, which is Shannon's ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: But then Shannon meets with her lawyer, Mike. Shannon was sentenced to three years of probation. Shan says she's a hypocrite for always talking about how dumb it is to get a dui. Then tam and her daughter go to get tattoos. Sophia has not been on show for eighteen years, yes, because her father would not allow her to film, and so it's pretty exciting to see her on And like, I know Sophia obviously in real life, and she is like the perfect mix of just like Tamra's spunk, but also just like having that she's just cool, like I'm not naturally cool, Like she is just cool. But Tama wants one one one on her wrist. And then Tamma gets emotional every time she sees one one one because she was her other daughter, Sydney would come home. I love seeing tam get to interact with her kids because I think so often on the show because the kids weren't allowed to film.
Speaker 3: We didn't get to.
Speaker 2: See that side, so I do appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was really touching. I love that. No, I don't have any senses.
Speaker 2: You classy, I got a lot. And then on the way to Heather's lunch, we meet the new housewife, Katie, who is a friend of Gina's. She was introduced to Gina Buyston and Katie loves Gina because she has a zest for life and Gina loves Katie because she's her age thirty nine.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the number and the requirement to be a housewife, to be thirty nine. Yeah, I'll like the new all the new beans that are coming in that's like their age gruth.
Speaker 2: Well, and then Gina wants to live in her youth a little bit longer. Then I started to like ask the question, like do we think a thirty nine year old and a fifty nine year old can be friends?
Speaker 3: I think they can for sure, because I have a lot of thirty something year old friends and forty something. For me, age is just a number either of It's just like a friendship with a girl or even like with men. You know, it depends obviously the amount in this case we're talking about two girls, and you know, thirty nine and fifty nine is a twenty year difference. But I feel like if you have a mom, you can relate to her, like there's some similarities like that their mom might have. I think it's actually smart because the fifte nine year old woman has so much wisdom and insight, and it's great to have an older friend, you know, the woman that's thirty nine, and then the fifty nine year old. He is a thirty nine year old still full of that energy and kind of like you live through them and you want to keep up. You know, Younger people, you know, have more energy and live their life a little differently. I mean, granted, there's a lot of thirty nine year olds.
Speaker 2: Or I'd say I'm forty three, and I'm not full of energy and zest for life, just like everybody I am.
Speaker 3: And that's why I like young people and I attract young people because I can identify like I'm more. Really I relate more to younger people, but then I also have older friends that I relate to them different things in like you know, career and life experiences, our children, you know, like our marriages. I mean so much more, you know, I feel again, that age is just a number. There's a lot of thirty nine year old women that are like older old souls, and there's a lot of fifteenine year old women that are still super mature that you can't even have a conversation with.
Speaker 2: So I think also it depends where you are in your life. Like I think it is hard. Like if I had a newborn baby right now, and I had a friend and her youngest child is twenty five, and we're trying to spend days together, that is hard, Like do you want to come over and hang out with me and my baby? Like? There are moments in time that it's hard. But I think there's situational friendships that you come in and you get closer through time, And so I think that is fine. But how do we to really get down to it? What do we think Katie's going to be like as a housewife?
Speaker 3: You know, I really can't tell by the first By her first season, first episode, you know, I felt like her story was a little bit lost. Honestly, I don't really remember her too much because I think that shade I wasn't being shady. I'm sorry, I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 3: For some people shadiness. For me, it's honesty. But I'm just saying I really don't remember her because I don't think.
Speaker 2: She's going to be as a housewife. I don't really remember her, to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, I don't And it's not shady, just saying the truth because I felt like I was so more absorbed with like Shannon's story and Gina and even Tamra, I mean, all the other things that we've been talking about, and Emily and and Alexis. I feel like for me it was more of that.
Speaker 2: So do you think they needed to bring in somebody new or they could have just left it without It's too soon to tell.
Speaker 3: You can ask me that after a couple of more episodes, because so far, like I said, I don't really remember her, so I don't know how much more involvement she's gonna have. You know, I always think it's good to bring in new people into the group and throw them in the mix and see, you know, because sometimes you know you need it, and if they don't work out, you just start phasing them out, and you know the viewers will see that too, But it's too soon to tell.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Heathery's throwing a party at the Balbeoba Club. Gina tells Shannon she feels uncomfortable for her, and she says she's grateful she's out of the relationship with John. And then they get there. Everybody there's a lot of activities. I gotta be honest, I don't love a party with a ton of activities. Like I like a couple so I can dodge out of conversations. I don't want to have like, oh, it's my turn for bracelet making, but I don't need like eighty seven, Like I just need a good drink and like one.
Speaker 3: Good human to talk to, like this kind of parties either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then Shannon arrives and all the girls are like, I think Shannon looks great. Things are good. But then all the women I start to wonder where everybody else is at the party because all of the women are like at this one window ram together watching the conversation between Shannon and Alexis.
Speaker 3: I just see that it's funny, and they're all like trying to like look and see and then.
Speaker 2: They're like yelling at Emily. They're like, Emily, you're spread eagle. Everybody gets here, but how did you feel? Because I really am trying to come into this and not be biased. What were your thoughts on how Alexis and Shannon both handled themselves in this conversation.
Speaker 3: I mean, I honestly thought that they could have taken different directions. I thought Shannon was being honest and she was just you know, opening up to Alexis, and you know, Alexis was a little rude. I mean, don't you think. I mean, I like Alexis, but I'm just saying, like it was just weird the conversation that they've had, you know, first episode.
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, not to piss you off, but if if you and Todd don't rekindle after this club Sandwich tag and a year down the road I end up with Todd, I would handle it with a little bit more.
Speaker 3: That's not happening. Why don't we put somebody else as an example? Because I'm Cuban and I'm very feisty, so we're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm just saying, hypothetically speaking, I would hand.
Speaker 3: Guys that they're not friends. So Alexis and when she meets John, oh yeah, we we that's different.
Speaker 2: We are friends, Okay, So it has to be somebody else that I don't know.
Speaker 3: But regardless, John, don't you think that I never asked her that. So she told me that when she met John at the bar she I forgot that she had been part of the OC cast for many years. So she's probably still watching, and she's seen John in Shannon's life.
Speaker 2: I mean she I think she told us she didn't watch, but I mean I feel like everybody says that.
Speaker 3: Well, but even the thing now, Teddy's even if you don't watch these shows, you watch social media and you follow these bloggers and the barber world and whatnot. So at some point she had to see John and the mess that Shannon's been in also with him. So so I don't know that I believe it or not. I feel like she knew who he was, and he probably knew who she was as well, because if he likes all this world, that's why he's with her. Because Amanda wants nothing to do with this, wouldn't be going on with Alexus, no.
Speaker 2: But also I think maybe where Shannon might have mucked this up a little bit, and this is coming at Shannon. This is just I wish she would have led with John and then brought up Jim Bellino later. But I think the fact that she was emotional explaining the lawsuit with Jim Bellino put Alexis on the defense, right, I wasn't a part of this lawsuit, like blah blah blah. And then also I Gotana.
Speaker 3: Was saying that she was. She's like, I saw your signature on the papers and you were an Alexis saying I wasn't because it was after my divorce with John.
Speaker 2: So I think the fact that that happened, I don't know, especially because we're not talking about like a twenty thousand dollars lawsuit. We're talking about a three hundred thousand and a five hundred thousand dollars lawsuit. Like these women Tamra and Shannon allegedly lost a lot of money in this lawsuit for something they went on a freaking live podcast. I mean, it's crazy. But then I just felt like the conversation was off to the races and there was gonna be no kindness from Alexis to Shannon after that. Mm hmmm, because she was on the defense, like, I didn't do it, I know.
Speaker 3: But I mean, can you blame Shannon for saying that? I would have said that too, like our problem is not only because of John. Our problem is also because your ex husband, you know, suit us. So I mean I feel like Shannon had a lot of things to say. I mean, of course it was to Alexis. Maybe she would have sent him to Alexis ex husband if you would have been there, But because you know she's the ex wife, she was the one that got it. And again I don't know that she had anything to do with it. I want to believe Alexis. Alexis says I had nothing to do with it. It was after he and I had divorced, and it is what it is. You know, sometimes your husband's make decisions without counting with you, And I don't know that she supported that back in the day. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know either.
Speaker 3: But a lot a lot of things going on like against this woman. I mean first her ex husband Susan, and then now her ex boyfriend is dating her. I mean, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: With a promise friend. But one thing that I will say in closing out this episode is, no matter what side you're on, Shannon going straight up to Alexis episode one for a direct chat is giving the fans everything that they want like she could have completely avoided that conversation episode in.
Speaker 3: My show, they would have avoided it, right, But in your show, she went by for it.
Speaker 2: Like she went right in. And I was like, and so I do think we're going to see a lot of highs and lows. I think we're gonna see the women having fun. I am really excited for the season. But I think, as the kids would say, episode one was giving. It was yes, well, thank you so much for joining me, and now you're gonna have to go deeper down the rabbit hole of the past of all of these women because you are so good at this and I need you to have this history.
Speaker 3: I want to be Yeah, sorry, I just like watched it last night and with the time difference and stuff, but I am gonna get more involved. I'm gonna watch everything.
Speaker 2: So good, are you kidding? I was? That was not a knock. That was like you are so good.
Speaker 3: Good, thank you. I mean, I think it's you know, I feel like they're going to have a great season. That's what I'm trying to say. It was so much for like episode one, there were so many like you know, stories going on, and like real life shit and that's why. Like, that's what I'm saying. These are all like real life ships, personal things that really affect you on your life.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel fake at all. It didn't feel like bullshit. It felt like this is real shit hitting the fan for all of these women. Correct, Yeah, oh see, you're back and we appreciate you and thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Seddie,