Speaker 1: Hey guys, and welcome back to another episode of Casual Chaos. This week, we have a very exciting guest, Greg Grippo. Welcome to Casual Chaos.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to be here. Thank for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh, no problem. You are a hot commodity in Bachelor Nation. My friends were freaking out when they heard I was having you on.
Speaker 2: My Is that right? That's sweet of though.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, they were freaking out.
Speaker 3: It's honestly weird for me to even think about that because it's been so long at this point, and it was just a short stint in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So from the Bachelor at your life has changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it definitely has.
Speaker 1: Everyone fell in love with you on the show.
Speaker 2: And everyone hated me for a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you got the love and the hate. I mean that's normal in any scenario.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Before I get into talking about Katie or anything, I also just want to say setting my thoughts in prayers. I know she's battling breast cancer right now, So before I talk about anything, you reach out to her at all or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I sent her a message, Yeah, just sending her of my best wishes, you know. I mean, that's terrible, but she's a tough cookie. I believe in her, so yeah, I really am praying for and hope she gets through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were twenty seven when you were on Katie season of The Bacherrette. I was were you ready for marriage?
Speaker 2: Was I twenty seven or was I twenty six? And I turned twenty seven when it aired. I was twenty seven. Yeah, I was twenty seven. Was I ready for marriage?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I think that looking at your life now, yeah, looking at.
Speaker 3: Your life now, Like looking back, I definitely don't think I was ready. But in the moment, you're like, yeah, I can do this. Yeah, I can definitely be ready if it's the right one. And I truly believed that at the time. But I mean, look, that's why you went on there exactly. But looking back on it now, I'm like, there's no shot that I was ready. I also wasn't in like a mental state, like it was too soon in my opinion, after my dad passed to get into something like that, and like I just didn't have the capacity.
Speaker 2: Even like see that or understand that at that time.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: It's okay, it's all right. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like it was almost impulse in a way or trying to deal with grieve in different types of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough. I mean I think that I was. I mean the show called me for a few seasons prior to that, and I kept on turning them down, and then eventually I was in a spot and I think that I was just like looking for that new chapter in my life to kind of just you know, open up for myself and try something new.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did that, but like looking back on I remember watching and I'm like, oh my god, this wasn't right for me.
Speaker 1: I mean, looking back on yourself on TV sometimes it's brutal.
Speaker 2: It's so hard brutal. No, it's brutal.
Speaker 1: It's so brutal, Like the cringiest moment.
Speaker 3: I had so many cringe moments on that show. Oh my god. Now my friends don't let me live down.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: They'll always like send like a weird clip that they have like screen recorded, and I'm just like, oh.
Speaker 1: Of course. I mean I've I've been on TV since I was eight.
Speaker 2: Eight yearyears old. Yeah, holy, you're like a Kardashian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess different levels.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, realm. I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, my mom's been on the Real house I was in New Jersey since I was eight.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: She's been like in the Bravo world for eighteen years.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Obviously, you know, growing up in Jersey, I knew what Real Housewives in New Jersey was, but I just never really watched TV growing up.
Speaker 2: But that's crazy. Eight years old even in this for a minute.
Speaker 1: It was no. It was nuts. Yeah, But as a little kid, as a girly girl, it was no big deal. I wanted a movie star. I saw the cameras, I thought everything was so much fun. But then I did my waking Up in the Morning song when I was like nine years old, and that have ever heard that?
Speaker 2: I don't think so you definitely have if you're on TikTok really.
Speaker 1: Okay during COVID, do you remember that sound where the kid sounds like she's crying, saying waking up in the morning, thinking about.
Speaker 2: Waking up in the morning, that was you shut up? Wait, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Me and all my friends always say that to one another, like if something.
Speaker 2: Goes that's you. Oh no, oh my gosh, that's me. That was you.
Speaker 1: That was totally me. Oh my, So imagine COVID We're all on lockdown and I'm scrolling through chaos.
Speaker 2: Four years ago. Also you looked like a toddler.
Speaker 1: Yeah I wasn't That wasn't me four years ago?
Speaker 2: You were twenty years or oh, that wasn't you four years ago? Oh okay, okay. I was about to say, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Oh it was like eight or nine, gotcha. And but four years ago is when it popped off out of nowhere. So in my brain, I'm like, I sang.
Speaker 3: That that's so great though, that's iconic.
Speaker 2: Though, good for you as iconic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I look at it as iconic. I own it. It's a part of me. That's it. But when I was sitting there four years ago and I'm scrolling and every other video is another like a list celebrity using my sound, yeah, I was like, this isn't happening. I feel like I was like living in like some sort of a dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like some black mirror.
Speaker 1: And I was like, wow, And when did I ever? Like I would have never thought in a million years that that would have came out. Now I love that blessing in disguise.
Speaker 2: I guess can you say it right now? Waking up in the.
Speaker 1: Moment, waking up in the morning, thinking about so many things.
Speaker 2: I just wish life can get better.
Speaker 1: I try to try to get rid of them, but nothing seems to say the same. Wow, wow, thank you, no problem, that's your entertainment for this podcast. But yeah, so we've all had our cringe moments for sure.
Speaker 3: Oh I wish I had that one, But I appreciate you telling me that it's okay.
Speaker 1: I hope that made you feel better. Yeah. So then, I mean, I guess you and Katie kind of did it on some bad terms when the Batchelor ended.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that that part of it was sad because we yeah, we just left on not the greatest of terms. But I mean we hashed it out fairly quickly after the show. She reached out and you know, we made amends right away, and I mean it was squashed after that. But yeah, in the midst of it all, I wish I handled things differently. Looking back on it all, do.
Speaker 1: You wish you stayed after you said I love you?
Speaker 3: I mean, I I was in the airport right after I said it, and I remember I was really regretful of leaving, and like, I don't think I under I kind of almost attempted to.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was texting producers non stop, you know, trying to go back and trying to see if you know, she was engaged not. But I didn't get any reply, and like I realized at that time, I was like, you know what, this maybe wasn't the right setting for me to be in this point in time, and I just try to move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think the environment of the show played into just a lot of your emotions heightened situations?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think that if you're going through something, especially in your own life, I mean, going on that show is not a good idea. I mean, You're you're going to be put putt in a tough environment where you know, you're not going to be able to get seven eight hours of sleep, nine hours of sleep maybe sometimes, and you're going to be running on like three to four, and your emotions are going to be heightened, and and uh, it's gonna be you know, wine involved, and you're not going to really see the best version of yourself sometimes. Yeah, So you know, being being there in a good foundation I think is the only move really.
Speaker 1: So then after the season ended, I mean, looking back now, you realize that that was probably the best decision for yourself. How did you handle all the backlash because you know, you were feeling regretful for leaving then. Obviously the Bachelor Nation fans are very intense. Yeah they are, so how did you cope with that?
Speaker 3: I think I just felt very misunderstood a lot of the time, and directly after, you know, there was just like all these things about like I was putting on an act and stuff, and.
Speaker 2: It was scary.
Speaker 3: I was embarrassed, truthfully, So I really didn't want to leave the house that often. I mean I would with like, you know, my best friends, my family and stuff, but I would just keep a close knit circle, truthfully. And I just tried to move on, I really did. I just try to put it in the back of me and just, yeah, move forward.
Speaker 2: But it was tough.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's all you can do with anything that happens that sucks. That's the worst part. I feel like Bachelor Nation fans, Bravo fans, I feel whenever you're on such as a reality TV show. Yeah, the fans are very intense. Yeah, and they have they have a big opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like every rally show, there's so many of them nowadays, but I feel like everyone has like the Ride or Die fan base at this point, So you just gotta be ready ready.
Speaker 2: Is that whatever one you're in here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did they reach out to you to be the Bachelor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did it, just it wasn't the right timing. Honestly, it was directly after my season, so.
Speaker 1: You were just dealing with a lot of back lives.
Speaker 3: I was, and it just I was I was straight up with them. I was like, guys, I'm not too ready for this, and we just you know, parted ways on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they never reached out to you ever like since then. No, No, you would be a great contender.
Speaker 2: A contender for the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Would you do it now or you feel like that's so behind you now?
Speaker 2: Be the Bachelor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I envisioned myself and like, you know, hopefully after my parents being the role models they were and their marriage, I really, you know, would like it. And I understand that there are real love stories that come out of the show. I just uh, I think I would have anxiety truthfully about you know, for instance, sometimes people don't know who they're going on for. I think that would be one thing that I would want to happen, is that they don't usually like tell people beforehand who it's going to be, and so I would want them to know prior. You know, if like people are going to on the on the show to get engaged, I would want them to know who they're going on for. And so I think people being like one hundred percent in for you is just I think that.
Speaker 2: Would create more success also for the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's actually a good point. Yeah, I mean, because it kind of is like love is blind in a way, in a way that show you're going and blind and then I mean you're figuring out if you have a connection or not. But I mean, please, I feel like if anyone heard Grippo is going to be the Bachelor, you would have a line out the door.
Speaker 2: That's a nice thing.
Speaker 1: So since then do you kind of just want to want it to happen the organic way?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, I uh, I haven't really counted out anything in life said you know, if something happened organically, I would do that. I never really wanted to ever say like point blank no, I would never do like another show, but you know, I have faith in myself that it's gonna happen, just more organically for me probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, speaking of anxiety and everything like that, when you are on a reality TV show, it puts a lot of pressure on yourself absolutely, and then like you you already dealt with the backlash of the fan, so to really put yourself in that position again, like you said, it would definitely give you anxiety, anyone anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without a doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean you know that you can only show so much of one per it also depends what they use. That's true too, So like I think that was, you know, the one thing for me. And maybe it was a time of life that I was in where I just maybe looked perpetually sad throughout the day. But I have such like I I guess my face looks sad when it settles, and so everyone always like if I'm at a bar, at a party or something, people like, what's wrong. And it's always happened to me ever since high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a resting bitch face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, yeah, you understand.
Speaker 3: So I mean that happened on the show and then I just looked sad, and then I just got labeled as like a very sad, sad man, which like I wouldn't want to happen again if like, yeah, say I would ever do that?
Speaker 1: You know, and you have to be on especially if you were the Beast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, clicking clicking, would.
Speaker 1: You ever do Paradise or any of those other shows? Or you feel like that's just not.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm going this year. Oh no, I'm just joking. No, they didn't even call them. I know, they didn't call me.
Speaker 3: No, honestly, if they called me, I was really truthfully on the fence about it if I were to go or not. But no, I mean they didn't call and kind of made my decision for me. So I mean I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I kind of wanted to just move on to this next stage of my life for good and it feels good.
Speaker 2: I'm comfortable with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you're living your life. You are really big into influencing. Now I need to go on your TikTok. I feel people tell me you're hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you know, I think I think it hits like a certain crowd, Like I appreciate that people laugh at my stuff sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it's better for people to laugh at you than to people think that you're funny rather than people think you're cringe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean come on. Sometimes there's those guys that do tiktoks and I'm like, what are you doing? Yeah, it comes to a certain point. It's tough out here. Tough, it's stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, I cringe myself out sometimes, and like, I mean, I won't post that much maybe like I don't know, once every week and a half two weeks, yeah, but it's usually just like very in the moment for me with like something with like my friends or like I just I just got gifted a lounge set in Napa and it was it was a woman's and I put it on just a little.
Speaker 2: Dancing dance to it. You're a dancer, I mean I can.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm too good, but I think it's your confidence when you're dancing. You know, if you believe you're good, then I think other people will be like, oh he's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. I need to work on that. I work on my confidence while dancing. Not that confident.
Speaker 3: Just let it coach, just let it rip. Have like two glasses of wine. Next thing you know, you're saucaying.
Speaker 1: I need to build that confident my dancing skills. Like I'm gonna I'm oh my god, I just got done to this. Said, I'm gonna be in a wedding in Italy this May, and I'm walking out with obviously one of the groom's men, and we have to do this whole dance.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh, that's my least favorite part. You better, that's my least.
Speaker 1: Favorite choreographed the dance, Brandon, because I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm really nervous about this.
Speaker 3: Actually, I hate when they like announce people and like you gotta do dance. I think I think that's like my biggest nightmare. It's like almost the same as being in a in a class and like waiting for your turn to like say your names, and I would just stutter all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: No, I'm very nervous for this. He goes, as long as you know how to do the cotton eye, Joe, I go, we are not doing the cotton eye.
Speaker 2: Joe, Hey, that's funky.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is crazy. And then we had to pick a song. I was like, oh, I didn't even know the song that he picked. Oh really, I'm listening to it. I'm repeating my card.
Speaker 2: Now are you really You're just like, oh, shit, shit, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing to know is that like people don't care, you know, like we I think trick ourselves to be like, oh, this is the biggest thing for everyone, Like they're gonna think like I'm the weirdest person in the world.
Speaker 2: People don't give a shit. They're just like, all right, what's next?
Speaker 1: Ye're right, And honestly, it blows over the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know absolutely.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody will be going to bed and being like, did you see Gias danced Cotton Eye Joe?
Speaker 1: And I'm around my family. I need to like calm the nerves a little. But then again, myself, I want to have the best dance. Yeah, so it's like a weird thing.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I'm like, So, you also dated somebody else that was in Bachelor Nation, Victoria Fuller, and that relationship ended. How did that end? Are you guys on good terms?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean anytime with a breakup, you know, it's tough, no matter how it ends, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: But she's great. I really think the world of her.
Speaker 3: I know that she's probably killing I mean I don't look at her stuff, but she's probably killing it. Yeah, and I'll always wish the best best for no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you guys connect just because of like bachelor stuff like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. We met at a concert a while back. It was like directly after the show, our first time like meeting one another.
Speaker 2: That was like our first time meeting.
Speaker 3: It was like very you know quick, and then we just had mutual friends later on that we like hung out with from time time.
Speaker 1: So how were you right now? How many years ago were you on the Bachelorette?
Speaker 2: So I'm thirty one and.
Speaker 3: It was on geez, I think it was twenty twenty one, So it's been a little over four years. Like I this is this is April, So I was still there actually four years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a big change in your life. Yeah, this is a very big divot. Yeah, but now, okay, looking back on it four years later, are you dating anyone now? Are you? You know?
Speaker 2: I just went on a date recently. Yeah she was stunning beautiful. Yeah, I know, she really was, and she's she was really great.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I'm really just all I'm trying to do is just like be careful in my life because I just like want to date with intention truthfully, and I mean I feel ready for the next phase, and I truly do feel ready to be in a relationship.
Speaker 2: So I guess we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: So you're ready for marriage, but you don't also want it if you're going to slow down?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I want to get married. I mean I have nine nieces and nephews at this point.
Speaker 1: How many brothers?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm the youngest of four, so two sisters, one brother.
Speaker 1: I'm one of four.
Speaker 2: Oh are you really? Are you the youngest?
Speaker 1: I'm the oldest.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh wow? Okay, cool, so.
Speaker 1: Younger than me?
Speaker 2: Cool? All right? Got you?
Speaker 1: So there's two and two. Yeah, yeah for you guys, two girls, two boys is the same for you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All girls?
Speaker 2: Oh shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cute. Though. I like the two and two. I'm just not having four kids, but I love the two and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a great dynamic, and I mean, man, I just feel more ready for it. I mean, I want to buy a house soon and like get a talk eventually move in with someone. Like I don't want to put myself on any strict timeline.
Speaker 2: But I really hate going out nowadays. I just I don't enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I don't have a good time unless like I'm sitting in like you know, booth and chilling with my friends and just like talking to people who I love, then I'll enjoy it. But like, I don't like to go out with like, you know, one or two people and then we're just like standing there, like looking around and like almost being like, oh, yeah, she's cute.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm just not into it anymore. Yeah, I'm really not.
Speaker 1: So then would that like, are you interested in dating apps? Oh?
Speaker 2: I haven't been on one since before the show.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so you are really on this happen organic train. I do not think you're into any of this anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean Instagram is technically like dating app nowadays when you think about it, No, you don't think so.
Speaker 1: I guess. So would you ever date someone that's let into your d MS? I feel like that's kind of different than a dating app?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like it's more personal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like they're genuinely reaching out to you to see your interest. So it's almost like a girl wanting to be one of your contestants on the batch.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I never thought about it like that.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I I think it's always easier to meet organically. I think that it's tough now, like, you know, especially like talking beforehand on a date, Like I enjoy meeting someone in person and like seeing how the vibes are right out the gate and just kind of cutting the bullshit, you know, and just you know, planning the date on Instagram and then oh, should we do dinner?
Speaker 2: And it's just like then we sit down.
Speaker 1: It is still kind of a blind date.
Speaker 2: Then we yeah, it kind of is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we sit down to dinner and just like the vibes are totally off and then we're both kind of sitting there like feeling bad for one another, and we just.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna get feeling in the world. Yeah, I've never been in that scenario.
Speaker 2: It's not great.
Speaker 3: That's why I've kind of been reluctant to go out for like the last a little over a year now at this point, haven't been on too many dates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, this one just went well.
Speaker 3: You know, we had some chicken fingers, French fries and a sprite love that yeah, and some wine.
Speaker 2: But yeah perfect.
Speaker 1: Well happy for you, that's awesome, thank you. I mean, you know, when you're happy with yourself and then once you get your home and your dog, I feel like everything will fall into place.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I think when you're not looking, that's when it really comes to you. Because I think I always put like my weight into relationships, especially growing up. I think I was always in a relationship ever since high school. So you were a relationship person, yeah, truly, And even after the show. Four months after the show, I started seeing someone and then that ended, and then you know, four or five months later I got into another relationship, and then, like I think, looking back on it, I really never took time off, like after the passing of my dad, which I really struggled with. I think that I just like I think I needed to figure out like my own dynamic, like with my family, in my own life, in my own grief before really like putting in all my you know, effort and being able to put all my effort into relationship because my mind.
Speaker 2: I feel like, which is like everywhere for so long.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like that's such a valid point. And I've even dealt with things in my life and you really have to heal by yourself, yeah, to move on. And you know, I feel how you said, you've always been in a relationship. You needed someone to lean on. You were looking for a person to just you know, make you feel good, help you get through things. But as much as that helps, it doesn't solve what you're really feeling inside. It's kind of almost like a band aid, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then so it was scary for me to be a.
Speaker 3: Like for I don't know this last year, but I mean it shouldn't shouldn't have been. But I like six months in, I was like, wow, thank goodness, I'm doing this right now. And I really wasn't dating at all, like for like the first six or seven months.
Speaker 1: How do you think Greg is different than from Bachelor at Greg to now?
Speaker 2: I was so anxiety driven.
Speaker 3: I was so scared for my life and in terms of like what direction I was going to lead into. I truly like, especially after basketball. I played basketball my whole entire life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were telling me you were pretty good.
Speaker 2: I was all right.
Speaker 3: I was decent, yeah, And you know, I put in all my time and effort ever since I was seven eight years old into this one thing out of college. I truly had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, and so I had many many jobs, different side jobs, side gigs.
Speaker 2: I mean it was.
Speaker 3: Tough too, Like ubering was is not for the week of heart sometimes, especially if, like you know, your ego is fragile in a way too. I remember I picked up like this girl who I went on a date with prior, and like I couldn't have been more embarrassed. I just like felt like ashamed of the point where at which I shouldn't have been. You know, obviously, you know, people make their own living, but like my ego was so fragile, and like I was just an insecure person at the time, and I really didn't know where I wanted to go in life, and.
Speaker 2: I just like really struggled with that.
Speaker 3: And I think I'm just more confident in myself and situations, and like, you know, everyone has their own situation in life. And I learned to gain you know, more trust in myself as time went on and not putting so much weight into other people's thoughts or feelings of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to. I feel like you need to do like a ted talk.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you're giving You're giving great advice to the people. I'm like listening to you. I'm like, I need to take some of this advice for myself too. At the end of the day. It's true. I mean, you know, you said, you know, when you were younger, you were in a lot of relationships. Like you just said, now, basketball was your passion. It was everything that you knew. So at the same time of you going on The Bachelor atte you were also trying to figure yourself out. Things in your life weren't steady or consistent. So I feel like maybe also you were trying to find that consistency as well. But now you found it.
Speaker 3: I'm having a blast doing what I'm doing right now, and I'm truly grateful for it no matter what. It's hard, because you know, I feel like not so much nowadays, but even like a year ago, you find yourself just comparing yourself to other people online NonStop.
Speaker 1: It's hard when you're in the world of it as well too. Because you even just look at everything from your perspective of success and also being a content creator. Yeah, so you're comparing both, you know, both categories. Rather than just as a viewer behind the phone, you're actually creating the content and looking at everyone else's as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty much like the thief of happiness honestly, as hard as it is sometimes because I mean I'll have my moments still to this day where I'm just like like this, like I don't want to do this today or whatever.
Speaker 1: And but now it's how we make a living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I try to say every single day, a few times a day, like just in my head, like I'm grateful. I have so much in life that I could be grateful for because like it's not all about money at the end of the day. Like I have such a good family and like the best friends that I could ever wish for my entire life, and like that should be enough right now, no matter how I make money.
Speaker 1: Whose to that.
Speaker 2: Let's do though, you know, Oh you're.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean you have to just have your happiness the people that I love and support around you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's it.
Speaker 1: I Mean, that's how I got through a bunch of my tough time. So that's that's all you could ask for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's important.
Speaker 1: Have you had your friends for a while, yeah, since high school?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like boys are so different than girls.
Speaker 2: Really, what do you like gain new friends as time goes on?
Speaker 1: Are you saying, Okay, I have like my four or five friends from high school, middle school that I'm still friends with, but as I grew, I you know, need more fronts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, I mean I have my friends in high school and then man, like my friends from college. Also, we talk every day still, all of them, and like eight out of the ten of them are engaged or married or have kids at this point, and we still keep up with one another, you know, like we hope that one day we'll be able to take trips with like our wives and kids one day and like have like one yearly trip or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then I also have like, you know, best friends from the show that I was on, like Andrew and Justin and Trey, Like those guys are like brothers to me at this point.
Speaker 1: I guess I form more along the way. But I feel like boys stick with their friends, like they don't really have fallouts. Girls. Yeah, but It's like I feel like friends drop easier for girls than they do for guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree with that. I think that, or maybe I don't know if I would agree with that. Actually, I guess.
Speaker 1: Your sisters, your sisters roll through friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's true. Yeah, I mean we have our disagreement sometimes, but it always gets hashed out, usually in like the same day, and we're always just like, let's just forget about this.
Speaker 2: We move on very very quickly.
Speaker 1: That's how guys are. Yeah, even if like they're out, they get into it in argument in an hour. You guys are fine. Yeah, just so different. Have any celebrities ever slid into your dms.
Speaker 2: Like after the show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh really. I guess, like no cool celebrities ever thought I was attractive. I've like never had a cool story.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that's tough for you, like it, I had a short stint, you know, mine was like three months. You're you're you're a Kardashian right now, you know, so like that's tough for I feel like that's tougher for you. I think like for me, they're just like, oh I vibe with this guy. They only see like these you know six episodes of me right off the bat, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like guys are again different though, I feel like they get a lot of dms like I was. I had Maria George's on my podcast not too long ago, and she said the same thing after her Bachelor season with Joey she never got any crazy dms.
Speaker 2: Either, Oh please, she really yeah.
Speaker 1: I said the same thing to her. I go, wait, I'm very shocked, oh wow, and she goes, now, I swear, and I was like, well, honestly, me, I'm.
Speaker 2: Showing either I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I was shocked to I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's different for guys on the show.
Speaker 1: Then girls also, though, have more balls than guys.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that I think so, yeah, especially shooting a shot on a DM like it's it's honestly very tough for me to Yeah, I don't know, it's it's scary, you know this.
Speaker 1: But even now, I also had this conversation with her too, I feel like girls are more inclined now to go up to guys and make the first move than guys are to girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that. I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on. Meanwhile, I'm so intrigued to like that old school mentality of the guy going up to the woman you know, asking for to take you on a date, of course paying for the meal. I'm so I love that old school mentality. And I'm like, I feel bad for my friends that are in this dating pool.
Speaker 3: Are they not getting like their first date paid for? Like, has it ever happened to any of your friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really that sucks.
Speaker 1: I bet you were raised better than that.
Speaker 3: I mean, no matter how the date goes, like, I think that you know, it's important to at least extend the offer, and uh, yeah, but it is. I will say, it is tough to go into a bar and you know, find the right words.
Speaker 1: You've got to shoot your shot. You look beautiful tonight, No girl is gonna get mad.
Speaker 3: That could come off weird. Beautiful, That could come off weird. Sometimes say you're in a club, you look beautiful tonight. She turns and says, what the you know, it is a compliment. I'm sure she would go home later and be like, oh, that was really nice of that guy. But in the time, you know, you gotta be a little bit more mysterious.
Speaker 1: I agree, Okay, I now I get what you're saying, okay, I agree, yeah. Sometimes, but also you could catch the girl that's in a relationship and doesn't want to talk to you. I guess this is the whole thing about you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes that yeah, I think it's just you know, best to go up to her and say, I'm just a guy coming up to a girl at a bar.
Speaker 1: Don't say that that's horrible.
Speaker 2: You know, they'll catch somebody off guard.
Speaker 3: You know, somebody tried and say and see you and tell me how it goes.
Speaker 1: I think you should give it a chance. Everyone can go into greg zmsough if you tried, Oh my god, that's hilarious. So then, after all this relationship talk, what are you really looking for in a partner?
Speaker 3: I think with like the partnerships of what I see in my circle, you know, there's always so many ups and downs no matter what, whether it's your own personal life goals that you.
Speaker 2: Are or are not achieving right away.
Speaker 3: And I think that's just like that on going support no matter what, That unwavering support is just moving forward. Not to say I'd never had that in my relationships, but I just want to make sure that it's like, you know, the key factor I want to be able to support someone with whatever they're doing or whatever they love, and I hope they get the same in return.
Speaker 1: You're right, feeling that support, that unconditional support will lead you to, you know, feel confident in your relationship. Yeah, not question anything that your partner is doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just like you know, love each other for as much as you know, the positive things that we bring out one another, as much as our flaws, you know, I think, no matter what.
Speaker 1: But then you know, that whole thing about really working on yourself and making sure that you're confident with yourself before getting into a relationship, that all is key factors because if you're insecure in yourself, you know, that can lead to like paranoia in the relationship and feeling like your partner is doing something to you that they aren't. Absolutely and just a downward spiral.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, which is you know, I think that the best thing is why I was single because I really needed to honestly learn that myself too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I struggled with that.
Speaker 1: What would you say your biggest red flag.
Speaker 2: Is mmmm that I shake my stuff sometimes on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess so honestly, honestly, like like when you think about it, like it kind of is. I mean, I have fun doing it and like I like laugh and myself are laugh doing it sometimes. But I'm thinking about it, I'm just like, oh, like I never had TikTok during the show, and so like it was a whole new world to me. But I mean I enjoy being like that in relationships and like, you know, not.
Speaker 1: For girls are gonna see what they're gonna get.
Speaker 3: No, literally, honestly, that's that's gonna be honestly me we date, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, but that's good. That's why I think people also find you so funny because it's very authentic and real, and the audience can tell and your content isn't authentic, they can read right through it. Yeah, and it shows you could tell, you know, some of your content does better than others because they feel that this video was more authentic. Okay, this one, I could tell that it was a post or something like, you know, anything along those lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that that was a tough thing for me to understand, especially right after the show, because, like we were saying before, you know, prior to show, I posted on Instagram maybe once a year, twice a year, for I don't know, a wedding or Christmas with my family. And so after it and you know, gaining a following from the show, I really didn't know what the hell the post so here. I was just like trying to be all cool. He was snapping like a selfie and I was like, I'm like looking back and I'm like, oh my god. I was just scared, you know, I was really scared. And then at one point I was like, screw it, just like post this weird ash. And I mean people enjoyed it, which like I appreciate. I appreciate that, like people enjoy that stuff. That side of me.
Speaker 2: It's really nice.
Speaker 1: People like to laugh on TikTok too. Some you know, no one wants to always scroll and see beauty or food, right, Absolutely, it's nice to laugh a lott it. But all right, thank you Greg, thank you for such an amazing podcast, Thank you for having me, Thank you for being on m m hmm.