Speaker 1: I'm recording. Let me do an intro here. Okay, hey, they're fan of ritos. This week, we're taking some time off to spend with our friends and family. That means there won't be any new recaps or minisodes coming out, but we'll be up and running next week just like normal. And with that being said, I want to hear all about your plans for your week off.
Speaker 2: Jody.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you got going on.
Speaker 3: You know, as I've gotten older, what I've realized is the best plans are no plans. Yes, you see, I'm kind of just looking forward to, like laying in the sun. Mescalp put my little hammock back up in the backyard, so I get like, I love to lay.
Speaker 2: In a hammock and read a book.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna barbecue, probably Cheeseburgers are literally.
Speaker 2: My favorite food.
Speaker 3: And we just talked about seedless watermelon in one of the episodes, Becky craving seedless watermelon, So now I am craving seedless watermelon.
Speaker 2: Basically I'm going to eat and read.
Speaker 3: A nap that if that Yeah, that's kind of got it.
Speaker 2: That sounds idea like you.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's almost your it's the day Hailey, just the day after Andrea's birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I continue the July I guess says the fireworks are really for me.
Speaker 2: It's not true the country. So yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be forty nine on July third. That's nuts, my.
Speaker 2: Last year in my forties. I don't know what I'm old.
Speaker 1: I realized just now how old I am because Michael's like, well, what do you want for your birthday? And I'm like, you know what I really want, sorry, slip on sneakers that so I don't have to bend over a time my shoes, Like.
Speaker 2: Like, that is it? Okay? That is I'm gonna I'm gonna have to reel you back. I'm gonna have to reel you back, okay.
Speaker 1: And it's not because I'm old. It's because I always have too many things in my hands. I live in a three story house now and I can't hold things and put on my shoes and walk down the stairs. So I need slip on sneakers with no shoelaces.
Speaker 3: Or put your shoes on before you grab all of the stuff to head out of the house.
Speaker 2: No, that doesn't shoes by the front door. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's a solution to this other than the slip on sneekers.
Speaker 2: Not that there's anything, but you do you. All I'm saying is.
Speaker 3: We love Janice Sweeten, but Janae Sweeten, where's the slip on sneakers?
Speaker 2: And Janet Sweeten?
Speaker 3: Janice Wheeton is in her mid seventies and can't tie her shoes. So I just I knowles, Janice, I'm just saying, don't don't give up on tying your shoes just yet.
Speaker 2: You know that's all.
Speaker 3: You're only forty nine, man, Like, don't don't throw in the towel with bending over just yet.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not giving up all shoe laces.
Speaker 1: It's just for when I have my hands full and I need to just slip on my sneakers and go right out into the garage.
Speaker 2: We keep all of our shoes in.
Speaker 1: The little bedroom, Okay, to the garage because I don't want shoes in the house because I'm like, have.
Speaker 2: You heard of sandals? Well, yeah, that's why I had this is what have you heard of?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: I own lots of so I don't don't. I don't know what the people make fun of me going to make fun of you if you slight on tennis shoes. No, they made, they're they want and here we're doing the fourth of July and you, my friend, are giving up this freedom mean tying your shoes.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing okay. So I've asked for for sh shoelaceless shoes and binoculars so I can see the different hawks and owls.
Speaker 2: And birds in my name. Oh no, I want.
Speaker 1: To do worse than I thought, but I want special like night goggles too, because I want to be able to see the owls because there's so.
Speaker 3: Many owls in my Sure a tree with night goggles on looking for some poor bird that's getting ready to.
Speaker 2: Fledge, just hopping up with like night vision goggles on over the side of some nest.
Speaker 1: I am embracing my transition into middle age.
Speaker 2: I am here, I am.
Speaker 3: You might be transitioning into another era with all of this, but.
Speaker 2: That is fine. Uh. You know what you do? You if that makes you happy, slide on those shoes. It does.
Speaker 3: Flap on those goggles and go find thems. You know, that sounds like the ideal birthday. There'sedless watermelon and a cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: It doesn't go better than that.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, we're you know, what we are is really cool.
Speaker 2: We're really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't we don't really have.
Speaker 2: Any like holiday traditions.
Speaker 3: I mean, I the one thing was like watching fireworks, and now it's such a nightmare to find fireworks anywhere.
Speaker 2: And now I'm just like, oh, the poor dogs are scared. You know, my dog is oblivious to them.
Speaker 1: She could care less well on Holly's death for one day a year it works in her favor.
Speaker 3: Well two really two years, right, But now, like growing up, we I lived in Los Alamidos next to like a naval air base, so they would open it up on Fourth of July and they.
Speaker 2: Had like you know, big vessel war whatever.
Speaker 4: But really the best part was they had the best fireworks on the naval base. So well it sounded terrifying for like forty five minutes if you lived there, but it looked really cool.
Speaker 2: So that was fun. Okay, yeah, okay, yeah we what traditions did we have?
Speaker 1: Well, the tradition we have now is my brother always Darren, the lawyer who was on the podcast. He he hosts the Fourth of July party at his house every year, so we usually go over there, But now he's started having this party on July third, my birthday, because he wants the next day to recover before he has to go back to work on the fifth, right, so it's sort of a combined like Birthday July, the July party stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's always like a little county fair in our hometown and Felicities Show Choir they run a booth. They run a face painting booth as a fundraiser.
Speaker 2: For the choir.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure I will be working a shift. Yeah, yeah, right, because you got a work shift always.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think our neighborhood has like a little shindig somewhere down like several streets over. I do know that there is, Uh there's a small parade that they do around the neighborhood, which the only reason that I care anything about it is because people dress up their pets and the pets are in the parade.
Speaker 2: It's pet parade, really, and that's all I care about. I just it's so cute.
Speaker 3: If I don't see a Golden Retriever in a wagon like that's made to look like a tank rolling down the street, just with.
Speaker 2: A squeaky wheel. If I don't see that for the July is not Yeah, it's not made for me. Oh man. Just the small town parades are the best. It's great. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's any around me. But when I used to go to Maine in the summer when I was married, right to my ex husband's from Maine, so we would take the kids to Maine and they would have like literally the small yeah yeah, East Coach right where you're like everybody, You're like, oh, there's.
Speaker 2: Like this is a Hallmark movie. Yeah. Yeah, it's so great.
Speaker 1: They dressed like as lobsters. It's like the Lobster Capital. They were leveled, and they dress their pets. The kids are dragging their wagons everywhere. It's Oh, I love small town periods.
Speaker 2: Very cute. Yeah I will.
Speaker 3: I will probably be just just chilling and enjoying the week off. And I'm also very glad because it means that Manny and Maddie and our our iHeart team also get the week off, which is really the important thing because they really work their butts off all year long, not only just for this but on all kinds of shows, and so yeah, they deserve a week off.
Speaker 2: Damn it. They do well well deserved.
Speaker 3: Eat some eat some watermelon, blow something up, I mean not you know, fireworks.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah not. I'm not suggesting anything.
Speaker 1: Most importantly, don't listen to our voices like you get away a week off.
Speaker 3: To ask everyone, is that we come back from this with as many fingers as we left with. Okay, so just be safe, be safe, yeah, don't, don't, don't.
Speaker 2: Be dumb, be safe. Uh, don't drink and drive, be.
Speaker 3: Smart, have fun and uh and and treat each other kindly and remember remember what what freedom really is. And anyway, we'll just have slip on shoes, get some loafers, still slighter loafers.
Speaker 2: You've seen my shoes.
Speaker 1: I am not like a shoe person, like I wore those orthotic, those cushioned what are you those flip flops, but they're ufus.
Speaker 2: You're wearing them now? Yes, I yes, They're so comfortable. I wear those two work every single day. I'm all about comfort.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was always like I'm wearing those shoes again.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yes, I too, am about comfort. I'm just saying, let's not slide into the into the the.
Speaker 2: The silver years too quickly. You just wait.
Speaker 1: Next time we podcast, I'm going to show you. If I get them for my birthday, I will show you. They are fashionable. Now, this is not like the old person orthotics of yesteryear. They make cute little sneaker shoes that are just slip on. It's like kids shoes. They can't tie their shoes, and so they make cute little kids shoes. They make cute little old.
Speaker 2: Lady's shoes for l You're neither of those things. I hate to tell you. I know what I'm always carrying. Okay, you know what do you do?
Speaker 3: You enjoy whatever it is that brings you happiness and freedom and oh, speaking of I actually did want to bring up though, speaking fourth of July.
Speaker 2: The bald eagles. Oh, I feel like that's that's a good tie in right there. Okay, there's the symbol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's the symbol of them. Right now.
Speaker 2: I need an update.
Speaker 1: Oh they're so sweet.
Speaker 2: There's not much of an update.
Speaker 1: There's one in the nest right now, Like I keep this on while we podcast. I think that's sunny. They're very cute. They don't sleep in the nest every night, okay, but the family every once in a while they'll all just converge on the nest.
Speaker 3: Like hey, man, like Sunday come, everybody comes home for dinner, kind of hang out.
Speaker 2: And then they're like, yeah, they're so sweet. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they're still coming back to the nest because there's gonna be one day where the fledglings we won't see them again. They will go off and start their own families.
Speaker 2: Do you think they have a call, you know, even on holidays?
Speaker 1: Probably not, probably not, but yeah, no, there's it's so wonderful to watch them look sunny side stopping.
Speaker 3: His indulgence and perhaps some bald eagle watching. That's there's there's my patriotic moment of the day.
Speaker 1: Well, and in January we start the egg watch again because Jackie in Shadow will begin there.
Speaker 2: That's their reproduction.
Speaker 3: Oh got it, same same same eagle time, same eagle channel.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're mates for life, their mates for life. They keep the same nest and we're gonna try again. Fascinating things, fascinating, monogamous, they're loyal, Like, what's there not to like about them?
Speaker 2: I have no problems with the bald eagle.
Speaker 3: I am very happy for this, so hopefully you know, we all get through our Fourth of July.
Speaker 2: The bald eagles are still.
Speaker 3: There and everybody, if it's not wearing an Uncle Sam moutfit though in the nest on fourth of July and being really disappointed, I feel like.
Speaker 2: That's the ultimate stume. Yeah, I need the beer costume, top hats up on shoes. Yes.
Speaker 3: If I don't see a bald eagle and some slip on shoes on fourth of July, it's not America.
Speaker 1: If I get binoculars for my birthday, I am driving up to Big Bear and I'm gonna look for those birds.
Speaker 2: Okay, I promise you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't doubt that you will go stop some bald eagles. I have no doubt in my mind that that's how you'll spend your birthday.
Speaker 1: That actually sounds like you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, enjoy everybody, enjoy your week off.
Speaker 3: Eat some food, have some fun, hang out with your family or your friends. If you don't want to hang out with your family or both.
Speaker 2: Who knows. But we will see you when this little break is over. And yeah, thanks for listening, y'all.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Bye, Happy for