Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock mover's report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to individual gainers and the number one gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred and the number three gainor in the S and P five hundred. That is ARM Holdings soaring in today's session. And we did see this one, of course, moving a lot higher, so we're talking about what a sixteen percent gain there. That's after the company will begin selling its own chips. We got this information late yesterday. It's called Agi CPU. They're going to be having meta platforms their first major customer, so pretty big customer to have. ARM expecting revenue from the new chip business to generate about fifteen billion dollars annually within five years and total sales to reach roughly twenty five billion dollars. So investors definitely liking that news. Then I want to go over go over to Space and Satellite Company because as a whole, we saw this group move to the upside on the report of the SpaceX IPO filing. So you had EchoStar up about seven and a half percent, you had rocket Lab up about ten percent. You also had ast space Mobile again of about ten and a half percent, and then you had I'm just throwing in Tesla there since this was obviously related to this company, just up about three quarters of a percent. But SpaceX considering a fundraising target in its IPO that would dwarf the previous largest ever debut. That's according to people familiar, and so we're talking about weighing a ballpark figure of about seventy five billion in its IPO. According to those in the know. Information had also reported this earlier on this higher fundraising target. So it's really fascinating to see. But all of these companies, and let's not forget that EchoStar. It was back in September that we reported out how SpaceX was buying EchoStar Spectrum for seventy billion. But the whole space Space Space no pun intended. I'm higher and I got to mention Jet Blue, let me just call it go there. Data centers surging up about thirteen percent. Here, Jeff Blue is said to be considering the option of selling itself to a competitor, Semaphore reporting this outsiding people familiar and that the US Airline is hired advisors to explore the viability of a deal, and it's considering some scenarios of a tie up, maybe with United or Alaska. You know, we'll see.
Speaker 4: Where this goes.
Speaker 3: But we know that this has certainly been a kerry that's been under pressure losses in its last reporting, so certainly on our radar, up thirteen percent, way off the highs of a few years ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, but under pressure over the long term, yeah, whine, under pressure on the short term. Are the stocks I'm going to talk about right now, Okay, go there. Let's talk about some of the energy and chemical stocks falling today as investors wide Iran rejecting a USC's fire proposal. Valero among those, falling three percent. Valero, though a bit idiosyncratic due to a refinery fire this week, on that the company it is preferring to restart its Port Arthur Oil refinery in Texas after shutting the plant yesterday due to a fire. Reuters reported sitting two d identified people familiar with operations. Those shares today falling by about three percent. Also among the worst performers on a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred got to throw Generak holdings in there.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 5: The company fell today as investors digested what they learned at an investor day, but off its lows of the session, down more than six percent at one point, finished the day down just shy of two percent. The company did report twenty twenty eight targets that discussed developing partnerships with hyper scalers during its investor Day conference. It also said it would recognize reorganize into two separate reportable segments, effective at the end of this month. Analysts from William Blair said that investors were disappointed with the absence of a hyper Scaler agreement, though they were positive about generacs at backlog growth and guidance. And finally, let's talk shoes on holdings falling more than eleven percent today. Yeah, I'm wearing my eye too, Martin Hoffman, somebody I know you guys have spoken to him. We've spoken to him on our program too. He's going to step down from his role. He's the CEO. COO Scott MacGuire will assume the title of president. The co founders Casper Capatti and David Alloman will take over as co CEOs in May. The decision designed to preserve On's quote entrepreneurial speed. It was made mutually. That's according to the company analysts. They'll say co CEO structure could add complexity to the company's decision making process. Shares fell by more than eleven percent today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a very diplomatic way of putting it.
Speaker 5: What complexity of CEOs, plexity of other companies of co CEOs, Right.
Speaker 4: That's true, not very good ones. Let's check in on the yield space here, because we did actually see yields drop today modestly to be sure, here, but once again we continue to see these almost not quite parallel, but near parallel shifts in the curve.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 4: You see there at the long end of the curve still seeing the most activity with your thirty year yield, and in that twenty year yield, I believe that is down about four basis points.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's get to some stories that certainly caught our attention. This has to do with insurance executives expecting a US recession to happen in the next two next three years. Excuse me, and what they talked about is an economic slowdown in political tensions as the two issues that pose the greatest macroeconomic threats to their portfolios. Having said that, there's still in on something that we talk a lot about too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, private assets. The two thirds of insurance plan to increase their allocation to private assets, interest in asset, back to finance and senior direct lending strategies. Insurance execs expect private equity to be the best performing asset class over the next twelve months, though most remain optimistic about the S and P five hundred. The interesting thing here is is, you know, private equity and the lack of liquidity that you have with private equity. You're supposed to get paid more as a result of that, but you know that's the quote unquote patient capital, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, I mean I feel like we're all learning about sort of the liquid and the relative ill liquidity of private credit in real time when you take a look at some of these headlines. I will say, though, I did want to shift gears and talk a little bit about Hannah Montana, which feels like quite a departure from what we're hearing from the insurance executive. So this is good news for a certain subset of the population. Hannah Montana's Malibu beach house will be available to rent on Airbnb. I don't know if anyone else on this simulcast was a Hannah Montana or a Miley Cyrus fan, but she had a really you know, recognizable house, and Airbnb is recreating it as part of a broader anniversary push around the twentieth year of the show.
Speaker 3: Well, the insurance executive said that was their third thing that they were thinking about three to five years about going to the Anima beach house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a potential thing that, you know, could avert a recession perhaps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 3: The momentum tourism.
Speaker 5: Who stays there.
Speaker 6: Probably millennial women.
Speaker 1: Okay, you booked it already, right, No, I'm not familiar with this Hannah Montana.
Speaker 6: Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus. Uh, you know, she's an icon OFVLE.
Speaker 4: Did they ever determine who Hannah Montana really was?
Speaker 6: It was Miley Cyrus. It was her the whole time.
Speaker 4: Streets been so who lived there with a Miley Cyrus or Hannah Montana both?
Speaker 6: Actually, you you know, remain go on YouTube. You can probably catch you know, a recap.
Speaker 5: But I prefer to watch I prefer to watch this right, Okay, very well.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.