Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. I'm Paul Sweeney and we're joined by bloombergs is a belie is about? What are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Let's start with coinbased ticker coi N shares are up around six tens of one percent after Bank of America raised the stock to buy from neutral. So the bank said it's optimistic on the growth prospects of coinbase, especially when it comes to new products and lower evaluation. So they see opportunities with coinbases tokenization product and see the company as a partner for trad FI firms. Trad fi is traditional finance, So tokenization what is toganization? Basically think of it as when you convert assets like stocks, bonds, private loans into blockchain based tokens and you can have it in fractional ownership and all of that. And a lot of Wall Street banks are actually pushing into tokenization. It's a new big thing. Coinbas is piling into it. The likes of Franklin Templeton Jano. So everyone is piling into it. But the stock is up now six tins of one percent. Investors are cheering.
Speaker 3: That probably very good, all right? How about the Nike.
Speaker 1: Nike shares are higher by nearly two percent, and this comes even after Needum downgraded the footwear maker too hold. Needum said that a turnaround is longer than expected in Nike's aggressive sell into the North American channel is a strategic misstep. So we know that Nike has been really struggling, especially in the past year with challenges in China and the Converse brand appearing to struggle. But I don't know why shares are up by two percent.
Speaker 3: Well as I understand it, it's they need to get their inventories down there. Inventory is built up there. That's so they've been and put them Goil said. And we'll talk to punm in a few moments. She said they don't really want the US on that front, but need more to do in China.
Speaker 1: I guess that is fair. And then Nike still has twenty seven buys thirteen holds to sell, so overall investors are still optimistic.
Speaker 3: Soho House, what is Soho House? I feel like it's a New York thing, but I don't know it's.
Speaker 1: An It's actually a global thing because what my husband was based in Hong Kong. He was always talking about this. This is a member's only club, typically for creatives. Exactly, I'm not cool enough to be part of this club too. But it's not having a good day. Shares are down by more than fifteen percent. They're facing a funding gap tied to the company's pending sales. So MCR Hospitality and QP said it can't fund the two hundred million equity commitment in full by the closing date. So so House committee is looking for alternative sources. So a group of investors for Contacts, led by several boutique New York hotels, agreed to take Sohouse private and a two point seven billion dollar deal, and soho House has been struggling since it's IPO. I'm not sure why. I'm sure there are underlying reasons, but it feels like the in sinc these days in New York is joining a club because you can't get restaurant reservations anymore, especially the ones Taylor Swift goes too. So now clubs are the thing I am not a member of any club, but full disclosure. Maybe Paul, we can visit one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. So the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.