Speaker 1: It's the best Bit of the week with Morgan two.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody, Happy weekend, Thanks for hanging out with me. I'm glad you could spend some of your weekend catching up on the Bobby Bone Show. Check out Part one and Part three of the Best Bits this weekend.
Speaker 1: Eddie joins me.
Speaker 3: We talk all about kids and names and life updates in part one and then part three. We answered listener questions like if you had to describe your voice as.
Speaker 1: A flavor, what would it be?
Speaker 4: And what our.
Speaker 3: Top five rock songs, top five two thousands pop songs are for Eddie and myself. So fun stuff over in both of those, But let's get caught up on the show before you.
Speaker 4: Dive into all that.
Speaker 3: Kane Brown stopped by the show. He was talking about his new song that came out as well as his song Backseat Driver that's been climbing up the country charts, and he bought a lambo and.
Speaker 1: He's also been doing some crazy health stuff.
Speaker 3: So we got all the life updates and things that are happening in Caine's life in studio right now.
Speaker 2: Number seven on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now, can have four things I want to talk to you about specifically already, So let's start. I get asked about your name first, and this just came up a second ago. You're the only Cane I know. It's funny.
Speaker 5: There was one kid on my baseball team in little league. I was Caane Brown and I'm mixed, and he was Kane White and he's white.
Speaker 4: That's funny, that's perfect.
Speaker 5: But then I was I went and uh.
Speaker 4: So he was That's what I thought about, Okay.
Speaker 5: But then I went in to uh order teriyaki the other day because we're in Florida, and walked in the guy's name he was His name was Kane. This is weird.
Speaker 4: Do you know why you were named Kane?
Speaker 5: So my mom was a huge wrestler. She said, I was named after Big Red Machine.
Speaker 4: But he's also from where near where you're from.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, but he's like the mayor in Yeah, yeah, yeah, he is the mayor. But I think I looked it up and I was born already before he came.
Speaker 4: She got you on that one.
Speaker 5: But I do know that I was I was gonna be named Skyler if I was a girl, so.
Speaker 4: I think Skyler works as a dude too. I like the name Cane. I was just saying to them, I don't know any other Canes except when I get chicken sometimes if we're touring and not even here, but like.
Speaker 5: Well now they have a Canes footwear, kay or see who's kk any?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Are you in that lawsuit? Is that you don't know? Okay? Four things I want to go first. One of our show members, Abby did the sixty hour fast that you did? Just told me, yeah, so why did you do it? What did it do to you?
Speaker 5: So it basically kick started me on wanting to be healthy, so you know, my wife's already health nun. And then me dude like eat on being on the road eating after show food. I was. I was getting two cheeseburgers from five guys and eating them at two am and then going to sleep, and I.
Speaker 4: Didn't realize how big I was getting.
Speaker 5: Like because my main goal was to get massive, just as big as I could, and I ended up getting two five But that fast, maybe not want to put anything like no sugar, nothing bad in my body, so now I'm technically bodybuilding. It's it's made me go from losing weight to now I want to be a bodybuilder.
Speaker 4: So how hard was it and what were the stages of this is okay, Oh this sucks. Oh I feel great now.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't that bad because we had seven other people doing it with us, and it was our three days off in Quebec city. It was like six feet of snow. There wasn't crap to do. I think that was the hardest part. And then of course we have our riders, so they have the rito's and everything sitting in front of you. But we had each other pushing each other, and I think the hardest part was being hungry, especially as much as I would eat, because I would just eat, eat, like it's just a privilege to us instead of a necessity. So I think that was the hardest part of just realizing, like because I was so bored, I just wanted to eat.
Speaker 4: I find myself bored and so I'll just go open the fridge. Yeah, that's the things I do on board. Well, I got nothing to do, let me just see what there is to eat. Yeah, it's weird to say that. When did it feel pretty good in that sixty hours? Because was there a I feel miserable because I'm so hungry too. Wow, I kind of have this odd like compared to like a runner's high.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the first twenty four hours because we were about to hop on a plane and the thing that I put in my body was, hey, I like the k rick stroke.
Speaker 4: Just saw that that'll be one of the things we can do. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But the Alex, my videography or video director, I don't even know what.
Speaker 4: Is creative is what? Yeah, that's what I call Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he he was like, let's drink black coffee. There's no calories. He knows all about that. So that kind of gave me this other energy. So then he got me into running, which I found out running also gives you a different energy, and so then you're my body. I just felt my body eating the fat while I wasn't eating and running. It just made me so determined. So then I just kept waking up. I would try to sleep as much as possible, just to make sure the hours were going.
Speaker 4: When you start eating food again, do you have to because it's been sixty hours, so you're looking at you almost three days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what people need to understand too. They hear's sixty hours and they think it's two weeks, it's two and a half days. Like seventy two hours is yeah, and I'm just going you're just going from two days till noon and then you have that's not a just that's hard, No, it's it is hard, especially and this is something too when you're working in regular nine to five job and like just the energy, like you need energy. Like I said, I did it on my three days off when I was stuck in a hotel. So but yes, going back to the food thing, Yeah, now I'm just strictly on meating vegetables.
Speaker 4: But what do you do when you have to get back in after seventy two hours? Do you have to like slowly wade back in? Oh yeah, yeah, I saw. I think I posted a video.
Speaker 5: I ate chicken and rice, which was my first meal, which is a I'll eat now basically, and put pepper on it and felt like my throat was closing up, which was really odd for me. And it did that for the last for the next three times that I ate.
Speaker 4: Permission to be a little awkward. Yeah, your back look awesome. I was looking at a video of you showing your back. Oh yeah, A plus mer back looks great, thank you.
Speaker 5: And I've also noticed because a lot of my workouts if you don't do if you don't work out right, like if you don't see progress, you're doing the workout wrong. So like my back in my shoulders take over, like when I'm doing chest and so. And then I was talking to another guy that works out, and he's like, people with big shoulders they looked like they got a small chest because their shoulders take over. I've been doing all kinds of science if I haven't figured it out, but so he made me realize too that just the bigger shoulders you get, the small chest you're gonna have, which made me feel better about my physique.
Speaker 4: You look good, but if you feel good, that's even better.
Speaker 5: I feel great. I feel ten years younger. Honestly, I was getting to twelve. I didn't do the math.
Speaker 4: You know, they'd be like maybe five years. Okay, I have a truck on my desk at your monster truck?
Speaker 5: What is it? So? So Rex was the It was the Nali GMC. You could look it up on Google if you want a picture for it. On this I don't know how you how it works. We got lots of screens. We can do a lot of things fancy. I'm so excited for you guys. Man, y'all know, y'all realize. I gotta tell that. I gotta tell everybody. So I walked up here and I saw all the rooms that weren't being used, and it's just glad. I was like, y'all want to use these rooms. He said, no, we don't. He said, you can come up here and shoot guns. Nobody know you're here. I said, this is the only room y'all use, right, and he said yep. I say, y'all can't have money, man, Okay. Anyway, Rex was the first truck that I bought whenever I got my record deal. It was a guy in high school that had his name's Austin Mass and g shout out Austin. I told him, I said, whenever I get my first number one, which I didn't have a record deal yet, so whenever I get my first number one, I'm gonna come back and buy his truck. And ended up buying the truck after what is and forty But it's a big I mean, it should have been worth more. He could have sold it, especially today cause I sold it for a lot more but it's just a memory of of my uh Thnali.
Speaker 4: Rest in peace. Yeah, I can't hide money.
Speaker 5: My actual monster truck. So this is yeah, so I got to drive it was sick you did. Yeah, it's so loud.
Speaker 6: You get to go over cars and everything.
Speaker 5: No, they have me driving a circle and they could tell I was getting more and more comfortable. They kept shutting it off on me every time I get a little bit faster.
Speaker 4: Uh speaking, I can't hide money, can I? Can I say? Can I mention the text essity recently about coming over at your house and driving your thing?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Can I mention them? What? Can I mention all that? Okay? I Kane was driving Lamborghini in his house and I was like, I want to I want to come over and drive that. And he was like, dude, have at it, come over it? Does it scrape?
Speaker 5: Does it scrape?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And no. I feel like they needed they need to figure out the timing just to raise it, because it takes three business days for it to raise up and get back down. And the potholes and potholes and nash for a kind of bad. They're terrible, but so far, so good.
Speaker 4: Sorry, now he's kidding he's kidding about three business days. Oh yeah, yeah, it's hyperbole. Yeah, it just takes a lot. Yeah, it takes a little while of rus. I would say this.
Speaker 5: I would say this, and I am a American muscle kind of guy. And then I was like, I'll never buy a Lambo. I'll never spend that type of money. So I started my own, like small investment for myself, just to learn how investments work. And then I turned my investment into a Lambo. And that's why I bought the Lambo. But if I was just to go to spend my money on this car, I'm just gonna let you know, don't do it, because it's just well if you're if you're over six foot two, don't do it. There's no room. My boy Bama got in the car and I couldn't even take him downtown because as a passenger, yeah, like his head was out. And then it's just not very comfortable, like because for me, I drive, it's a convertible, it's a spider and the the windshield is right up my eye contact, so I have to like slide down in my seat and like look cool, you know, just so I can see the red light.
Speaker 4: Will you keep it well. So that's another thing.
Speaker 5: I'd sending it for a oil change and now I'm getting it souped up even more.
Speaker 4: So that's that's not how it's supposed to work. They bring out the dirty oil filter and cans like, yes, I'll take three more engines on it. Yeah. Well I took it all my friends.
Speaker 5: I have like a car, a car scene that drives, you know, they all drive, and it's called Exotic a Motorsports. And I took it for oil change and they're like when you're throwing h twin turbos on this.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I guess, now, can you drive it every day?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: Could you drive it every day? Or is it a risk to always hit a rock or a pothole?
Speaker 5: No, I would say, I just wouldn't drive it every day for the comfortability. I just yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Drive you love you love a Lamborghini. I need to know.
Speaker 7: I need to know the investments he made.
Speaker 4: Man, No, just about the car?
Speaker 7: How cool? I mean do people just look at you like, dang that dud's got a lamb.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing I will say. Driving and Lambeau and Tennessee people, it's a unicorn. But if you took my car to LA people be like, ah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but how cool is it to just have everybody stare when you drive like that? That feels good, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Have you seen his other cars though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, But I'm just saying a lambo like it gets special attention.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's It's one of those things as a kid, you just you know, you go up and do it, and then once you get it, it's I've had I had it for four months and I got bored, and I told you, I just I just put more money into it.
Speaker 7: You got bored. I mean, whenever you get bored, drop it off. Man, Just drop it off right here and I will drive her for four months. I'll let you know if I get bored.
Speaker 4: Next up and my list of things. Number three the acting, because I did see you were you were doing a movie. Are you done with the movie or are you gonna do the movie?
Speaker 5: We hadn't even started the movie. The script's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's something you've agreed to do.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, and we've been talking about it and they actually this is the first time it's been in the real world.
Speaker 4: So Taylor Lautner is the main character or are you the main character?
Speaker 5: And he's like, no, I'm kind of that guy that just like pops his head in every once in a while. I'm his best friend, h in the in the movie and in real life if you didn't know, and.
Speaker 4: I like, really best friends. Okay, go ahead, business days Amy still hanging on the three business days ahead.
Speaker 5: But yeah, this is the closest it has been to the real world. He's he's the main character. He gets invited to this wedding from this billionaire that he forgets who this billionaire is. And I'm his friend, saying, like just joking with him on a couple of phone calls, if you don't go, I'll go. You got to go to this wedding, just trying to convince him to go. And I think he's trying to sell a game or something. He's like a gamer and he's trying to sell it to this big tech company and this billionaire I think is going to be the one to help.
Speaker 4: It's called the token grimsn any idea when you shoot any idea when it is scheduled to come out idea, do you know where you go to shoot it?
Speaker 5: Italy?
Speaker 4: You ever been to Italy? Never where's the coolest place you've ever been? And I say coolest is then you looked around and you were like, wow, Like I grew up in a small town in Tennessee, this is nothing like that.
Speaker 5: Guildford, New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: Okay, of all the places we could have gone in the world, we went to Guildford. Yeah, go ahead. I don't want to hear it more by so bad. I haven't been to Dubad.
Speaker 5: I want to hear more about Guilford. Hey, Guildford. And I was just kidding, but Guilford, the venue is nice. We just left from there. That's why I was coolest place.
Speaker 4: For me. I went to Japan and looked around and I was like, this is nothing like I grew up and this is amazing. It looks like a movie.
Speaker 5: I want to go there so bad.
Speaker 4: Tokyo, Tokyo. I felt like I was an NBA player and it was really it was great because I'm over six foot now, but I'm this is above average there. It's like Penny Hardaway walking down. It's like, yeah, it was awesome. There's no litter, they're clean, It's there's somewhere.
Speaker 5: It might be Australia, but you can't like if you spit or a gum on the sawalkie arrested or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's more like Dubai.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know, so kind of nervous to go to those places because I don't want to be locked up.
Speaker 4: But you have to audition for the movie.
Speaker 5: No, it's Taylor. Luckily just said t you're the guy. Yeah, but I think they we've you know, we've zoomed and all that and then met in person, so they saw our crismon together thing.
Speaker 4: Number four backseat Driver about to do it again. Don't give me a story about the song because we're gonna play it. I don't know what. Just tell me something.
Speaker 5: Well, this is the last single off my newest album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a boring story. Give me like a good story though they I don't know, like a memory, it a vote, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, honestly for this for this story, First off, it sounds like a song that I would have written to a t I feel like. And then also it was going around for four to five years and a lot of artists put it on hold. Wow yeah, and nobody cut it. So that's a cool story.
Speaker 4: What was I agree? What was it about it? That you heard and you went, oh, man, like this feels like something I would write, and I'm gonna cut it.
Speaker 5: Everything about it. It was my It was my story, you know, not only which my kids. I will say this. I haven't like Kate would kill me if I took my kids to the McDonald's drive through, But I me growing up went you know, I lived. That was. That was my thing every day going to school was getting the orange juice from from McDonald's and getting up like a sausage biscuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hash brown, I think in the orangeuice.
Speaker 5: Hash That was. That was my childhood. So when I heard that, that was that was already there with me. And then just the rest of the song just you know, everything that Kingsley asked me about, just the most simple questions that you can't really answer.
Speaker 4: New song two pair so excited. Okay, go give me a story New air KB, what do you mean new era?
Speaker 5: I take this back, not new era, old araic KB with a twist. I'm going back. I'm basically going back to social media. If you had noticed I disappeared, like I said, I was going through those mental things and then I don't know, I just fell off man I just like I just I guess with three kids and just the energy you gotta always trying to figure out what to post. I'm about to just really focus on the social media aspect and really blow this, blow this song up as much as possible. So they are about to get annoyed with me.
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't. You're not an annoying guy. No, I'm just saying, your personality amplified is not even annoying.
Speaker 5: Oh thank you. I can't. I can't get past this. This is is amplified what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't. Good to see you, buddy. Go to see you guys. All canes toward dates too at Kane Brown and go up a ton of shows. I'm looking all the way to think of October.
Speaker 5: Yeah, October's Europe and I think I just got festivals.
Speaker 4: That's it. There is cane round everybody.
Speaker 5: Good to see it about that.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Lunchbox took over our voicemail line and listeners had zero idea. They thought they were just talking to an automated machine, but it was in fact Lunchbox, and some just had no idea.
Speaker 4: Moved on with their lives and others.
Speaker 1: We're not very happy about it.
Speaker 4: Number six Lunchbox check over the voicemail here at work, which means he just answers the phones and acts like the voicemail. Anything else you want to say before we hit it?
Speaker 7: No, I mean, I just like everybody thinks they're gonna get the voicemail because it's after the show. So I just answer it and say it's the voicemail, and they try to leave a voicemail, but then I just mess with them and they get very annoyed. Here we go, Bobby Bone Show voicemail. Leave us a message.
Speaker 4: I'd like to leave a message about the bank teller situation.
Speaker 1: I cheer.
Speaker 7: Wait, wait, First of all, are you having a great day?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 7: What is your favorite color blue? Who is your favorite member of the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but it has to be aiming wrong answer?
Speaker 7: Try again. Well, then, Lunchboxing, you win. Congratulations, you are the best caller to ever call the show. Thank you for leaving us a voicemail. Have a great day.
Speaker 8: Bye.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me that I can't leave your message? I think that's what you realized. It was when he starts to like stop her. Hey, okay, let's hear another one.
Speaker 7: Bobby Bone Show Voicemail. Leave us a message.
Speaker 1: Hello, I was calling about the Please tell me are you are you?
Speaker 7: Are you calling to say Abby sucks at singing? If so, say one. If you'd like to hear a special morning you agree, Abby sucks it singing? Go ahead tell us why?
Speaker 4: Okay, you didn't even say sucks right, Okay, one more.
Speaker 7: You've reached the Bobby Bone Show voicemail. Leave us a message and we may play it on the air. Hey, I have a comment about the cat. If you're satisfied with your message, press one. If you'd like to re record, press two.
Speaker 6: God, I can't.
Speaker 1: This is about.
Speaker 7: If you're satisfied with your message, say one. If you'd like to re record, press two, or say two two two, Please rerecord your message.
Speaker 1: Hey, somebody dump a dog at my house and I've taken it.
Speaker 7: If you're satisfide with your message, say one side.
Speaker 4: If you're said, if you're satisfide with your Okay, thank you all for thank you all for dealing with that.
Speaker 7: Hey, great voicemails, right, I mean they were fun.
Speaker 6: We didn't really understand what they were about.
Speaker 4: But yeah, speaking of our voicemail. So someone left this one really about our phone number, and this is a real one, right hit number one.
Speaker 8: I'm going to leave the gap Morning Studio. I thought I knew your guys's number by heart, so I.
Speaker 3: Was dialing one eight hundred seventy seven Bobby, and I think you guys.
Speaker 1: Should just dial that and see what comes up.
Speaker 8: Because it was some about do you want to talk to a sexty man?
Speaker 1: Press two?
Speaker 4: If you want to tell to.
Speaker 1: A sexty woman three, it's hilarious. Love to kill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our number is eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, don't make the mistake.
Speaker 4: That's close. It's lunchbox. If you want to talk to a sexy man eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby, call us leave a voicemail. Most times you can leave it. Are you satisfied? Sometimes you cannot.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Eddie needed some parenting help. Something's been going on with one of his kids and it involves music and headphones and not really paying attention, and he's just not sure how he should go about handling the whole situation.
Speaker 4: Number five. Okay, Eddie needs parenting help, and what a better team than all of us to give him parenting help.
Speaker 6: I think you guys can actually help me with go ahead, because I don't want to be the dad that's like, I don't like this, so I'm taking it away. But I'm tired of talking to myself. My oldest son, he's seventeen years old, walks around the house all day with AirPods on, and he's always listening to music, and I'm talking to myself half the time, and I'm like, hey, yo, are you take those off? I can't tell him anything because he's there hanging on the kitchen listen to music and can't hear any of us. So we're like tired of it. What do we do? Do we take him away? Do we tell him while you're in the house with us, you can't wear those and listen to music. It's getting frustrating.
Speaker 4: Amy you want to help, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I would just say it's okay for you to enforce some boundaries of when he can wear him when he can't. Like, I think it's great that he wants to listen to music, but you can certainly come up with a rule of like, if we're all in the kitchen together, headphones are out, and then you can put them back in when you go do this, Like yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: But see I did say that, and he's like, all right, I'll just go to my room.
Speaker 4: Then, gotcha. Hey, and do use the rules to his advantage, right, I don't want to be stuck in his.
Speaker 6: Room all day.
Speaker 8: Why don't you just like instead of making it more of a demand, like just having an honest conversation with him, of like, hey, but like, respectfully, I would love to be able to talk to you or I guess because I say but, or buddy to my kid or my son. But I would just be like, look, we need you present during some of this. I love that you love to listen to music. I'm so glad that you found something you really enjoy and I want you to enjoy it. But there's also going to be times where I need you to be engaged with the family.
Speaker 4: Here's the problem. You love music. You play music all the freaking time. Yeah, and so now you're like, you can't be what I've been the whole life to us. Well, and he's going to be like, well, you dad, you play music all the time. And all of a sudden, I loosten to it a different way, and you're going to say that's I don't get to do that, like the culture raised me and it is not the culture that you're expecting of me.
Speaker 8: He does get to do it. At other times you're not taking it away.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's just listening to music. Who care is that doing? He's doing nothing wrong. He's actually being good and he's there. I would just say if we say, hey, ed, phone's out, like give us fifteen pull him out fifty minutes and he put them back in.
Speaker 6: Hang out with us for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, say anytime it's like hey, fifteen minutes. But he's just gonna stay away. If you're like, hey, you can't listen to your music, he's going to stay away more. At least you have him there.
Speaker 6: But I even told him too, like you can listen. We can all listen to your music if you want.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's terrible, and you're all not gonna want to listen to his music.
Speaker 6: He does listen to some hardcore hip hop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were the same way when you were a kid.
Speaker 6: I was identical, identical, and I love road trips in the backseat with my headphones on listen to music. It's just frustrating for the parent. And I didn't realize this then, that when you're trying to talk to your kid and you don't know if they're listening or not. And sometimes I'll have a whole conversation. Oh dude, the game last night was crazy? Did you see shake Gil Alexander and that shot? And I get no, respond, like, he's got headphones?
Speaker 4: Is that on? You though to look and see if he has headphones.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the music's on, sometimes it's not. He always has them in.
Speaker 4: I think he could be doing worse things to listen to music right here.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, Oh, and I totally agree.
Speaker 8: But I also agree with you Bobby that there can be a boundary, like there has to like said it like Bobby gave more of a specific time limit.
Speaker 1: But you need engagement somehow.
Speaker 4: If you say if you're wearing these in the house, you only get he's not gonna be in the house anymore. We don't want to chase him away. Yeah, he's just listening to music. He's not shooting crack cocaine that.
Speaker 6: I know of, So correct now, he's you know that because.
Speaker 4: You see him. He's in front of you. Listen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I hear what you're saying. And you're right.
Speaker 4: He's a good kid and he found something he loves.
Speaker 6: I know. It's just a little frustrating for me and mom when we're trying to talk to him and it's like, take your headphones out.
Speaker 4: Could be video games in another room.
Speaker 6: True, No, I appreciate you guys. You're right. Maybe I'll do something kind of like you can be with us and then you have fifteen minutes to be without your air pods, but then you let us know when they're on, and that's your time, and we won't bug you.
Speaker 4: Give us thirty minutes a night. We'll never tell you can't listen to music other than thirty minutes in.
Speaker 6: Okay, guarantee you people are listening being like man, I deal with his crap all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they also probably just like that when they were kids. Lunchbox, what would you suggest, Eddie, You.
Speaker 7: Are such a loser, like you don't want him to go to a concert by himself. You don't want him to listen to music in the house by myself kind of say, But kind that's what he's gonna feel like, what if he wanted what if he wanted to go outside and shoot baskets by himself and not being bothered, would that be okay?
Speaker 4: All the time? He he's outside though, but he's okay with that because he's not near the family. You can't talk, Yeah, you can't talk with him.
Speaker 6: He what's It's the same thing though, if he's inside the house with headphones on, not even listening to us and we can't even engage.
Speaker 4: With No, you can't you wave about him. Take your headphones.
Speaker 6: It gets annoying after a while. Hey, headphones off, I'm talking to Being a teenager definitely, it's definitely part of being a teenager.
Speaker 4: But I like Lunchbox this theory if you're a loser.
Speaker 6: One tough man. Has he taken the te No, not yet.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she's about to, Like we just got everything, so she's about to take the act. So we had to go through some extra steps though, because she the school tested her for dyslexia and she has it. I mean she's been working the last year getting tutoring.
Speaker 4: For it, and.
Speaker 1: I know she's not biologically mine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so now her teachers are working with her on that, and then she's She's going to actually get or take the Act in a different way because of it, And I'm like, oh wow, that's going to be so great and so helpful. Like I wish I had been diagnosed with ADHD, I didn't get diagnosed at college, so I went all through high school without any type of extra support from my school or teachers, or.
Speaker 1: My parents for that matter.
Speaker 8: So I'm just thankful that we can give her this support because it's going to impact her grade significantly, and I think it would have helped me as well because of the type of test taker I am.
Speaker 4: Any advice to kids about take the Act, go around the room, everybody say something act or sat Amy.
Speaker 1: Good luck, any mean money, mo, lunchbox.
Speaker 7: Hey, just don't go out the night before. It's rough taking this the next day.
Speaker 4: If you go out the night before, Eddie.
Speaker 6: If you don't know the answer, just circle C. Usually that's the average of the right answer.
Speaker 4: I would say, take practice tests many over and over and over again. It's muscle memory. Take practice tests because those tests don't quiz you and test you on what you've learned. They test you on how good you are taking the test, So you just get better at taking the test. You don't have to learn all that crap. I didn't learn it. I crushed that test. I didn't learn all that stuff because we had it. I went to a bad school, like as far as education goes, I learned how to take the test. So it takes a little more than a couple of weeks. But if you're a few months out, just get online and take the practice tests over and over and over again. You will nail that thing and don't go out and then doucey and then what do you say? Hold on tight?
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: There's a restaurant Bobby goes often. It's one of his favorites, and they keep putting in one of their body parts in his food. He's not sure if he should get the food another chance or tell somebody about it, but he's worried about what that could look like. So we debate how Bobby should potentially handle this situation, and there's a lot of hot takes on the internet about this one about what he should do, and it's kind of common sense what to do, but you know life.
Speaker 4: Number four, there's this place they make the best soup, but every time we order it, the waiter has his or her thumb in our soup.
Speaker 6: Why no, that's how they carry it, right, No, no, you don't care.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's bizarre. They have excellent soup. Soup makes, you know. And we've been to get the soup four times and eat the soup. There we go and got the suit the first time, and they were it's not on a plate. They carried it in the bowl and their thumb was just right over and the tip of their thumb was in my soup. So gross, and I go, you know what, I don't like that. But I wait at tables forever. And it's not even that. I like feel for the waiter because they're doing something wrong. But I don't want to go, boh, if fingers in my soup, take it back, because you know what they're gonna do. They're gonna put the winer in my soup next time. I know how this works. And so I let him sit the soup down. I tell my wife I'm grossed out. Their fingers been in my soup. She saw it too, So I go up, I take the soup up, and I'm like, hey, and I'm gonna be honest. I lied, so I'm about to tell Lie what I'm about to tell Lie about what I said. I said, Hey, something like thing came out of the ceiling like a little like part of the dry wall, and like fell on my soup. Can I get another soup? Because I feel like.
Speaker 6: Heart you got creative?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's kind of a job, sir, But what else was I going to say? What would you have said? Exactly? Nobody gets hurt in this situation, so they always like, oh, sorry about that, because they're doing some construction too. To part it. I don't want to say too much saying what it.
Speaker 1: Is you think I know that? No, I already knew because of the soup. It's so good.
Speaker 4: So then yeah, the soup is so good. So they bring it back again this thumbs in it again because you.
Speaker 6: Didn't tell them the problem.
Speaker 1: Stay up there and be like, oh wait, y'all pour.
Speaker 4: The soup and then handed no, because the soup doesn't come from a place where you see it, So they bring the soup his thumb, the tip of his thumbs in it again because of how the bullets. So you got to the mandate more drywall. So so what I do is I kind of section off that part of the soup. So I take a piece of bread and I build a little section to not touch. Well, no, because the thumb is just there and I don't think it traveled all the way with the soup. I'll build like a bread barrier and the bread barrier in the soup. Make sure none of the gross soup can get over to my soup. So I scoop some of the side out and I put it on the plate kind of and I eat that soup.
Speaker 6: So the soup is thick enough for you to do that, so it's not watery soup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is good, right, awesome. So we go back again and I'm like, I sure would like some soup this time less finger, and so we go and it's a different waiter. It's a woman and she brings it up and her thumb is in the soup, except for it's not fully in the soup in the bowl. It's like pushed up against the side of the bowl. And she leaves a thumb print on the side of the bowl the soup. I took a picture and put it on my TikTok, and so it's the thumb print on the side of my soup. We've been four times. We've been three times, but one doubled up, double up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: The thing is, every time there's thumb in the soup, they should just call it thumb soup and a brace it because they're not able to bring it out with that thumb in it.
Speaker 8: Oh, they need a new way to carry it. If I say they need to just put it on their palms.
Speaker 4: I would agree. And it's probably hot though, and the bowl they use is probably hot too. They need a better bowl or.
Speaker 6: Like you said, the plate underneath the bowl plate.
Speaker 4: The plate works, bring that es So like, what would you do if you or me and you love the soup but every time there's a little thumb in it, but you really don't want to give up on the soup, but you don't like the thumb, what would you do?
Speaker 1: I just have to ignore that the thumb was there, block it out.
Speaker 4: You you got to say, you gotta like build a barrier with at least the.
Speaker 1: Scoop it out.
Speaker 8: Can you not build a barrier and just take your spoon and skin that farms.
Speaker 4: Like an engineer. When I built the barrier to keep it away, I was kind of proud of my engineering skills.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, so I would scoop out that section and then pretend to.
Speaker 4: That thumb and then give yourself the men and like, yes, I have an idea, Eddie, this is for the greater good.
Speaker 6: You're gonna have to tell them at some point that you cannot put your thumb in the soup. That's not good for the restaurant, right, it's not good for you.
Speaker 4: Can I say something? And I don't want this to come off in any way other than what it is. If I somebody something like that, do you know what that ends up being. Bobby Bones is a jerk. And he came in and he said the soup is bad.
Speaker 6: Correct, And this is why I have a solution. Go ahead, you take me. I try the soup, and I tell him your thumb was in the soup. I don't go to the restaurant.
Speaker 4: And that way you're like, dude, you're sitting with Oh dude, You're like you throw me into the room. Give him a break, man, it's just something, and.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I can't eat this. Your thumb was in the soup, like, and then I get in a.
Speaker 4: Fight with you. Correct, get out of my favorite restaurant.
Speaker 8: But it's multiple people with the thumb and soup, so like it needs to be more of like a maybe like from the top down, like they need to say you want to speak.
Speaker 4: To the manager. And then I'm like Eddie, no, no, no, no, no no, I gotta do this, Bobby, and he don't know right now. I just want to eat my food. You're embarrassing me. This is my favorite place.
Speaker 7: No, this is disgusting.
Speaker 6: Let me talk to the manager.
Speaker 4: Oh no, okay, oh yo yo. This is our problem.
Speaker 6: And ed Malone, Bobby, please let me get this like, look, look, you put your soup in, you put your thumb.
Speaker 4: In my city to he just managed a restaurant. He didn't even know.
Speaker 6: Look, man, I don't want.
Speaker 1: No man, No can't say man.
Speaker 4: You need you need him to be aggressive.
Speaker 1: Cookman seems a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm the straight I'm the straight guy. Yeah, yeah, go ahead. Look man, I know that is when you're gay. It means I'm the guy that's like straight.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, okay, okay, got it. Look, look, I don't like thumbs in my soup. Okay, that's got to stop. Wow, man, and I want a free soup, and then then what.
Speaker 4: Do you say, I'd like a free soup too.
Speaker 7: You gotta stay no, Eddie, we don't deserve a free soup.
Speaker 4: That's when you gotta and then do when all this is I feels like too much work. I'll be honest with you. I appreciate it, but that's a lot of work. And I don't want to be videocause there's gonna be a big fight now would be videoed on it?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is there a way though, to just be.
Speaker 8: Honest, like without being a jerk and like you're not mad, Like, hey, can I talk to the manager? Okay, not Bobby, somebody just say hey, so I've come here multiple times, I love this soup. You'll have great soup, excellent service, blah blah blah. But every time they seem to carry it out the way they hold the bowl, the tip of their thumb is in the soup.
Speaker 4: So like too risky, too risky, being mature lunchbox.
Speaker 7: It's easy, man. You just got to Bobby. I know you say, oh, Bobby's a jerk. It doesn't matter. Sometimes you got to be a jerk in life, and people are gonna understand if you if you get put online for saying, hey, someone's thumb is in my soup. No one wants thumb in the soup. Nobody, So they're all going to be on your side. I call it or or Bobby when when there you video the waiter as they're bringing you.
Speaker 4: They would never do that, would never shame a waiter. ID. I did post a picture on it. I don't want to show the restaurant though, so I would never do that.
Speaker 6: I did the thumb Yeah, worse you gave a thumbprint out. Now they can find exactly.
Speaker 7: Who that is.
Speaker 4: So this is what I think I should do. I should call up and be like, oh, use the voice channe yeah yeah, yeah, no, no, just my voice changing your waiters keep putting their thumb in my soup.
Speaker 1: That could work.
Speaker 6: They look at collar ID Bobby or.
Speaker 7: A Burner email you like Burner emails.
Speaker 4: Burner email them, although I don't know the email address.
Speaker 1: Do they have a suggestion box?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't look for that stuff. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe because you could fill out.
Speaker 4: They could also just call it soup, which I thought was a great idea. Yeah, but that's that's what we've been dealing with. We can have like I love the soup so much.
Speaker 1: Though, what if they are like, oh, yeah, that's part of our thing.
Speaker 8: They stick their thumb in a little seasoning and then they carry it.
Speaker 4: At least you're like, oh, I wish I wouldn't have like put the barrier up and just enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Their thumb is flavored.
Speaker 4: Somebody's got to tell them it ain't gonna be me. I think I'm just gonna not do the soup.
Speaker 1: For a while, maybe get the soup to go.
Speaker 4: Well, then they prop their knuckles in it.
Speaker 1: It's a it's I've gotten it to go. They put a lid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just have no idea what they're doing to that soup. Then I just.
Speaker 1: Feel like that's such a clean place. I'm sure their hands are clean, you think you think?
Speaker 4: In the podcast yesterday, Edi told us about a place that inspector when in nobody's hands were clean. You can check it out on my TikTok, and I guess I'll put on Instagram too. But as I tell the story, you can see the thumb print on the bowl. That's all. That's all I say. All right, thanks, it's.
Speaker 2: The best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Amy was put on the wheel of Punishment this week. She spoiled a TV show on Netflix called Nobody Wants This, and it was determined that she spoiled by a jury of listeners. All listeners who called in shared their thoughts and that was how this was determined. But there was a lot of controversy that she shouldn't be on the wheel of punishment. And you have a lot of people out there who don't care about the spoiling of TV shows, you have other people who really care. It's an interesting dilemma. I feel like on the internet spoiling things in general, but life's weird with how quick we get access to things now, so it's kind of dicey on spoiling in my opinion. But and we did get put on the wheel, and there was punishments like brushing her teeth with something disgusting and drinking a smoothie, a food that she hates. And the next day we spilled the wheel, so we found out what Amy's punishment would be for this latest spoiling.
Speaker 4: Number three, Amy spoiled a show called Nobody Wants This on Netflix, and now we must spin the wheel of punishment. Yesterday we walked through her punishments. Number one is a street apology. She has to stand out on a busy street with a sign that says I suck and I spoil TV shows. That was pretty straightforward on the nose. Number two gross teeth brushing. She has to brush our teeth with mayonnaise as toothpaste for forty five seconds, then use pickle juice as mouthwash for fifteen seconds. One minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Next up all of smoothie per her request. We used pickle juice. Use Eddie's portable blender, the Ninja, which we've talked about many times, but okay. Next she has to give Lunchbox a five minute foot massage with foot oils on his soccer and grosser.
Speaker 8: I believe it or not, but I would rather do that than drinking all of smoothie, Like like it makes me want to throw up thinking about it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, maybe it's just a full like a full body work on the foot like you're like rubbing, you're clipping.
Speaker 6: His nails and landing down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're licking between the skin and the toe.
Speaker 1: Lick what they do They don't do that.
Speaker 4: Next up dog cone. She has to wear a big dog cone for two shows.
Speaker 1: It's not going to work because I'm not going to be able to.
Speaker 4: You can talk yet to be a fine echo, or we'll we'll create a microphone that goes and dips down into the cone. And then there's also as you see here, there are two free spots.
Speaker 1: And that's just like literally, I'm free.
Speaker 4: You're free. No punishment. Okay, So we'll spend today, see what it lands on, and she'll do her punishment next week. What are you hoping for, Eddie.
Speaker 6: I'm hoping for the Oh, that foot massage sounds good.
Speaker 1: I mean, don't you want to use your blender?
Speaker 6: You would think, yeah, I mean sure, the blender is fine. I mean I use it anyway. But I think lunchbox beat so gross.
Speaker 4: I think he benefits too, so correct we win and he wins.
Speaker 1: His wife wins lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Which one would you like?
Speaker 7: I'd like a foot massage. It'll put me in a better mood, you know, just relaxing and having someone take care of my feet. Amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of rooting for the gross teeth brushing that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: Gross.
Speaker 4: The Manais's toothpaste. The Pickle Juice has a mouth wash that seems pretty solid. I bet you will hear some gags.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're definitely gonna hear gags, especially when the pickle juice comes in.
Speaker 1: You don't like pickle No, because in sixth grade was in the pep squad. I threw up a pickle and I don't eat.
Speaker 4: Pickles ever since then. So we'll do one practice spin.
Speaker 7: All right, this won't be it.
Speaker 4: We'll just see you see what it lands free. Let's come on for a weight. So you want a torchure with the free? One?
Speaker 7: Waste the free?
Speaker 1: Okay, just go spin it.
Speaker 7: There's there's anger.
Speaker 4: Is there anything you'd like to say?
Speaker 1: But nothing?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Your lord your last words? Wow, this is a fake spin? Oh yeah, all right, let's spin that.
Speaker 1: All good things.
Speaker 4: Oh so it got close to free, but it ended up on street apology.
Speaker 7: Perfect.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: You don't want to do that one? Really? If I say, you can just have street apology now walk away?
Speaker 1: No, I really don't want to do a street apology.
Speaker 8: I don't want to drink the olive smoothie either, but I just don't want to go stand outside and it's just so awkward for me and uncomfortable. I mean, maybe I gag a little with the other stuff, but that.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, now we will spin This is a for real one. This is the one unless you want to write that.
Speaker 1: What's that that you're doing? What's that?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Nothing, It's just a labor of them.
Speaker 1: Okay, that seemed like.
Speaker 4: Something you think I'm manipulating the will?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: That turns it to where it's going to land? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready to do that for Do you want another?
Speaker 6: Do you want to do that?
Speaker 4: Okay, well we'll practice one more practice question.
Speaker 7: So now you've missed your your elimination.
Speaker 1: You really like? Give that a real go. But it's okay. Just spin it for real. Let's get this a whole way.
Speaker 7: Which one would you like to start on?
Speaker 1: Which I don't? I don't care?
Speaker 4: A great question? Do you wanted to start on free?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: That'd be good, chances fall back?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Just just spin the wheel.
Speaker 6: Do you have any last words?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You do a song? Watch? I wait, blood on your face, big disgrace, spinning that wheel all over the place.
Speaker 7: We you?
Speaker 1: Oh I am a show again?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 7: Is that a promise?
Speaker 4: Let's spin it?
Speaker 7: This is the real one.
Speaker 1: Go go go.
Speaker 7: Let you.
Speaker 1: Tell me I can't see it. I can't see it.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's on free. So stupid, it's on free. It's just so stupid.
Speaker 6: There's no lesson.
Speaker 4: There's no justice in the world.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I said?
Speaker 4: There is no justice in the world. The dumbest thing I've ever seen. I said, Dear Lord, you think the lord's listening for your will prayer? I don't think so. I will do which Lord, whatever you need, whatever you need the Lord? Oh you for the children, Oh you promise, the Lord said, whatever for the children. I can't believe she hit that the free. This is so so stupid one she had like a ten percent chance of hitting free, and she hit free.
Speaker 6: And now she's never gonna learn to not spoil show.
Speaker 1: No, no, I swear I've learned.
Speaker 4: I'm not said. That's the last six times put on the.
Speaker 1: Wheel like this, with all of those options.
Speaker 8: I mean, I feel bad for y'all because y'all had this whole thing baped out.
Speaker 4: With a lot of the freaking ideas so we can.
Speaker 1: Some listeners are really going to hate it. It landed on.
Speaker 7: Free, but they're gonna hate it a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, it is what it is, like you admitted before, you cannot manipulate the wheel.
Speaker 4: I cannot. So you did that little or just for the segment of the show, she would have lost like if it were fixed.
Speaker 6: You know what, though, odds are she's going to spoil another show, So let's just leave that stuff on the watch lately.
Speaker 7: We walked into it.
Speaker 1: I actually quit watching TV.
Speaker 4: Well, there is no punishment.
Speaker 7: We will.
Speaker 1: Hey, should we go get some lottery tickets?
Speaker 4: No, we shouldn't. We all lost?
Speaker 1: We should?
Speaker 4: I yeah, you should.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: I'm not putting this here because it's me, and putting it here because the numbers were high on this one. I shocked the studio this week with some news about my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: They met my parents, and.
Speaker 1: The show could not believe that I did this.
Speaker 3: While my parents were around, and they still to this day cannot let it go. They seemed to think it is very alarming. But I think for the most part, the internet had my back on this one.
Speaker 4: Number two, Morgan, is your new boyfriend met your parents yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my family's been in town all week, and yeah, you finally got to meet him.
Speaker 4: That's why I asked. I knew they were here I don't know if you kept him from him. Did you make a big to do about we're going to do an official everybody meet or was it just an organic thing where we're going to be here, he's going to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was just really organic, and we all went to dinner their first night that they got in.
Speaker 1: It was super casual.
Speaker 3: And he's been hanging out with us all week for all the festivities.
Speaker 4: Staying at your house. Yeah, while they're there, staying at he's staying at your house while your parents are staying at your house. Yeah, atic is in the attic.
Speaker 1: He stays with me. Oh my gosh, my mind is Wow.
Speaker 4: We're all adults and you're an adults in my thirties.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 4: I know that you guys just started dating four or five months ago, not even. And it's also your parents are staying at the house, so a little bit. I got a little mild shock there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think it's so much. It's not to clarify, it's not judgment. It's just shock you can do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not judgment.
Speaker 1: It's not because I don't think any of us are judging her at all for it. We're just more like wow.
Speaker 8: I mean both of my parents have since passed, but that would never happen.
Speaker 4: Not I mean six months. How long have you guys been dating.
Speaker 1: It's been three three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm saying six months or less months. I think there's a point too. He probably no judgment and also good for you because you know who you are. You know who you are with your parents. I love it for me. Why don't even have parents. So it's a hard read even say this. But what I'm saying is I think in the first meeting, in that whatever that time exchange is, in the events of the first meeting, he wouldn't have been staying at the house. The first meeting with the parents have been Okay, we're gonna have dinner, we're gonna hang out. Then they come back to second time, he's just staying in the house. It's like a slow walk. But you know who you are, and I sell it.
Speaker 6: This is a bomb.
Speaker 8: I sell it out right, But like, how do you tell Like how does that go?
Speaker 1: I don't know how that would go?
Speaker 8: Like do your parents say, do you just say he's staying walk through.
Speaker 4: It or does he just go to bed and it's like all right, good night, everybody and he just takes his shirt off and walks in the bedroom. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: He does like take his shirt off in front of him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean it's my house or staying at my house, so you know they're not gonna be like, no, you can't do what you want in your house.
Speaker 4: Never thought that the relationship you have with your parents is also awesome.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I mean is there a I guess, is there a conversation or it just happens.
Speaker 4: So did you tell them he would be staying at the house.
Speaker 1: Too, or like in advance. I was like, yeah, he stays at the house quite a bit.
Speaker 3: So it's also been super helpful because it's just such a busy week.
Speaker 1: He's super helpful with everything. So like I'm like I kind of need it.
Speaker 7: Here wit question in the morning, like does he over without a shirt on or is he like had to get all dressed before he comes down there?
Speaker 4: He got the little thing, he puts it up the doorway and he's doing pull ups.
Speaker 8: Crazy Morgan is coming to work and then he's waking up with your parents.
Speaker 7: So how does he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because he doesn't go in as early as we do. Okay, he does. It makes his coffee and out.
Speaker 3: So he's white and parents are there whitey didy party in Chen the first time they met him, Did he stay at your house that night you go the first time he meets them?
Speaker 4: Did he stay also stay?
Speaker 1: Yes? Did he feel weird about that?
Speaker 4: I would have felt weird?
Speaker 8: So weird?
Speaker 3: Like he did ask He was like are you Like, are you sure you want me to say?
Speaker 4: Like is this okay?
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, I mean, Bobby's married and when.
Speaker 4: They go visit, are.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'm the last of four daughters. They really just get that.
Speaker 4: I mean, yes, all I understand every part of it. It still is a little weird, but good for you, Good for you.
Speaker 3: I guess I didn't even realize it's like a weird thing until you guys just responded like that.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think anything. How we grow up so differently?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah I had no rules, but also I had no girls. Definitely, you know, was that I grew up so different? I just was different, Like, okay, So he just stayed at the house.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 8: Morgan's like, I, guys, I'm thirty. I'm like, I could be fifty.
Speaker 4: Relationships. Yeah, it's going so awesome.
Speaker 3: He's a great I have not There's not a single person that's met him of my friends or family that has disliked him.
Speaker 1: They all love him.
Speaker 3: If you did a background check, oh yeah, it was like one of the first things I did.
Speaker 1: I did, like the first time I met him.
Speaker 4: I was like, who are you? No, no, no, like official background check.
Speaker 3: Oh. I did like a deep dive, and I had my friends who are very FBI investigators, going to really, we're.
Speaker 4: Rooting for you. Not literally, I think she has friends.
Speaker 3: It's a joke because like women are FBI investigator and some some of your girlfriends just are better at it than others, and they will go deep dive on anything that you need because they're just good.
Speaker 4: What do they call? Did you think she has a literal FBI?
Speaker 7: I literally, I'm shocked that you sit there and google someone like, I am shocked by them.
Speaker 4: What year? Now this is the option here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, I am actually shocked by this. Like whatever happened to just like get to know the person? And why do you get to go dig through stuff on the internet?
Speaker 4: What happened to predictability? The milkman a paper boy.
Speaker 7: Sorry, guys, I just thought maybe you could just go out with him and get to know him instead of having to dig through like Facebook and Instagram and.
Speaker 4: Go look at all his posts. And I literally meant, did you do a real background check?
Speaker 1: It's even more for like the legal side.
Speaker 3: It's not like you're going to find out all the info Bolcy, but you.
Speaker 4: Have you have a history of dating dudes trouble.
Speaker 1: That's kind of important.
Speaker 4: Does it have mugshots?
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 4: I needed that to be recognized officially by the room.
Speaker 8: I feel like that would be Yeah, it's like there's been there's a lot of distrust that has happened, so why not get ahead of it and just see if they have.
Speaker 1: A record more.
Speaker 4: Again, we are rooting for you. What's the age separation?
Speaker 1: We're three years apart.
Speaker 4: He's older than me, so close enough to not matter. Yeah I know, okay, your parents aw him at the stadium.
Speaker 6: Got my eyes on him. Yeah, good looking dude.
Speaker 4: Well I saw pictures of them.
Speaker 6: Oh I have seen that she's launched it.
Speaker 4: Oh really no, there's like side profiles. Oh you haven't shown full face, not full face. I've seen his full face because somebody else tagged his full face that you were in it.
Speaker 3: I think, well, he's posted got it and I saw it?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah got it. Oh you haven't seen yeah?
Speaker 6: Good like good looking dude. And he was blowing kisses and I thought it was blood is the man like, yeah, dude, back at you and my boyfriend Oh.
Speaker 1: Cool, and he's like, oh, listener really likes me.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, you can talk to people through the computer.
Speaker 8: And another I mean there are people that don't want to Google and find out information and they.
Speaker 1: Want to rare Like I know it's rare.
Speaker 4: You're forty and below, even fifty and below, you need a Google search and see what if you have persons any priors. Yeah, because it's an available tool. So why would you not see what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even the safety reasons, just anything.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and then you check in and you check like everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I I just found out that my boyfriend did that to me, and I was shocked because he's fifty two. So I thought, like to your point, Bobby, like the age saying, I just thought.
Speaker 1: The older they are, the less they likely they were to do that.
Speaker 4: And he's like a newspaper, check.
Speaker 6: Out the public library.
Speaker 7: Put it in.
Speaker 8: He did a total deep dive and I didn't find that out untill kind of recently that in him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, Morgan, good luck, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two even further shock value was when Bobby made a statement about the temperature he keeps his home, and all of us in the studio were, no, way, this is not even possible, because how do you live in these conditions? So we had two big shock factors here at one and two. And Bobby is really keeping the internet going with this one.
Speaker 1: So listen, let us know your thoughts.
Speaker 4: You can go check us out.
Speaker 3: I'm at Bobby Bone Show on all the things, including our YouTube channel, which you should definitely subscribe to.
Speaker 4: Number one, the temperature that makes most couples the happiest Amy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sixty.
Speaker 4: Don't say it?
Speaker 6: Eight good joding.
Speaker 4: The study found that the perfect temperature is, or rather the one that keeps arguing at bay the most in a house is Eddie seventy two LAUNCHWOKX.
Speaker 7: You said I couldn't say it, so I will say seventy four.
Speaker 4: Ooh that's hot. Are you one of the families where you don't turn your air ontil way during the summer.
Speaker 7: I will turn it on at night when we're going to sleep, but during the day I try to keep it off and just leave the doors open.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was picturing bedtime.
Speaker 4: I would imagine your dad did that. Then if you're doing that.
Speaker 7: My dad he would leave at seven o'clock in the morning and he would turn their conditioning off and then he would turn it back on. And like when you go visit them, they don't have the AC on. They just open all the windows and they turn the fans on. They don't think it's hot.
Speaker 6: So like during the day when it's really hot, the ace's not running.
Speaker 4: No at your house, right, I.
Speaker 7: Mean it said it like, you know, seventy six seventy seven, so you.
Speaker 8: Haven't actually, so then when you turn it down to night, it's having to work real hard.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, but you save money from it.
Speaker 4: I don't know that you do, because saying has to work really hard to then pump out all that right there to get I don't know either way, but all my point was it's an inherited trait. Yeah, because his dad did it, so he must do it as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The answer seventy one.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, yeah, that sounds right to me. I was trying to guess for most people, I'm not. I'm in a I'm a seventy seventy one person, And but that would cause issues.
Speaker 4: When we sleep at sixty three in our own See, that's ulsane.
Speaker 6: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: Does anybody else think that's not insane? Am I the only one that that that's normal?
Speaker 7: Too? Like one is insane?
Speaker 6: We back that you found a wife to agree with that.
Speaker 4: No, I found out to put on more covers, like we got likes covers. Yeah, we go to sleep on sixty three. Now, Yeah, that's not normal for anybody.
Speaker 8: No, No, no might my my thermostad has never been to.
Speaker 6: Sixty No, mine hasn't either.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I like, I built the rocket ship and I'm like exploring space.
Speaker 7: How do you get out of bed? Like it's so cold you wouldn't want to get out of bed.
Speaker 4: So it annoys her when she has to get out of bed and get into bed. And if I turn it down way early, because I like to get it prime before I go to bed, I'll go in there and crank it down, and so she's like, you already turned the air on. It's freezing in here. And I'm like, well, get into bed. Yeah that's and we have a sleep number that warms up her side.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that works. What's your date time temperature?
Speaker 4: Sixty eight? That's crazy during the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're crazy.
Speaker 6: I'd say you're no, go ahead, and ya, your dad didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I didn't have a dad, didn't have it.
Speaker 6: But well you said that with lunchbox and I thought, you know maybe no, yeah, mine hair, what is the what's what's the reason behind that? Like, why do you want it so cold now?
Speaker 1: Because maybe couldn't control it?
Speaker 4: No, I don't think that's I think it's colder.
Speaker 6: There's something there.
Speaker 7: No, there's not.
Speaker 4: Everything doesn't have to be psychological because I didn't have a dad.
Speaker 1: But you do want it really really really really really cold in here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think better.
Speaker 6: There's no scientific proof on this, Yes there is.
Speaker 1: But they do you want to sleep? Like maybe if you warmed it up a little, you'd sleep better.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess you.
Speaker 8: I know they say to sleep in a cooler room, but I don't know about the working in the cold environment because we're just all cold.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 4: No, you guys were having hoodies on it in July works correct even July. Yet it's June right now. People their brains perform better in cooler environments. Cognitive performance peaks between sixty eight and seventy degrees.
Speaker 6: Okay, and that what research was warm is.
Speaker 4: Bad because you become sleepier and more distracted. Reaction time into working memory slows down, and you're more likely to make small mistakes. Cooler temperatures help keeps your brain alert and engaged. Slight cold trigger's mild stress response, which sharpens focus, less chance of overheating, especially with screen time or studio lights too.
Speaker 1: We keep this room cold, you said sixty eight to seventy. You keep it below that?
Speaker 6: What's it now?
Speaker 4: But I don't wear blankets when I'm in here. I don't need it below.
Speaker 1: You said peak, You peak between sixty eight.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to think when I sleep.
Speaker 1: I thought that you were talking about in here.
Speaker 4: Oh, and here's what's it on.
Speaker 1: It's on sixty seven. Yeah, but that's because they put a governor on it extra.
Speaker 4: I keep going turn it down, and Mortgan's like they won't let us anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Have you ever considered that the reason you potentially aren't sleeping super well is because it is so cold.
Speaker 4: No, because I know that's not true.
Speaker 1: Because they're sleeping. Cool helps, But does it have to be that cool?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's my prefer I guess I've experimented with the I'm so.
Speaker 7: Cold that you have to get up in pee three times because your body is working.
Speaker 4: I'm undercover.
Speaker 6: You just have to do it being cool.
Speaker 4: I'm under multiple blankets.
Speaker 7: When you're cold, you pee more.
Speaker 4: I'm not cold when I sleep. I'm perfect. How do you know that my body's one The only thing that gets a little cold is my forehead because it's sticking out. Yeah, the rest of me. I sleep with my head under a pillow on the flatbed eighty percent of the time.
Speaker 1: If the pillows on top of your face, I'm the top of my head.
Speaker 6: How do you breathe now?
Speaker 1: Machine?
Speaker 4: This is psychological. I want to tell you why. Yeah, growing up, I never had a bedroom, so I put a pillow over my head so I felt like I had some sort of privacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like blocking out the light.
Speaker 4: Yep, So I would, well, not just the light, but also just like it felt like I had walls, and so I would always either sleep with my face right up against the back of the couch because I never had a bedroom or and I'd put a pillow on my head. So I still do that now. I lay down and I'll put a pillow over my head. And that's what might be comfortable growing up.
Speaker 6: What about now that you have a room, you don't need the pillo over your head.
Speaker 4: I hear you. But we have a lot of things that we still hold on to. Trauma, trauma based, and I enjoy my trauma.
Speaker 6: You don't show it.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize this does gonna be a big talking point. I sleep on sixty three.
Speaker 6: It's I mean, yeah, I don't think anyone else does that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know anybody, nobody.
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 7: Do we need an intervention?
Speaker 4: Pretty unique? No, I don't know. You guys have tried to intervene in this studio and it's not even cold enough in here right now for me. I'm already a little sweaty. Okay, I'm done with this segment.
Speaker 5: Peter, Peter, Peter, it's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all for catching up on The Bobby Bone Show this week. Be sure to check out Part one, Part three this weekend with Eddie.
Speaker 4: I think you'll.
Speaker 3: Really enjoy it if you've never listened before. Eddie and I have a lot of fun just really catching up life. It's truly as if you're listening to us just sitting here talking to the studio without microphones on. And if you're up for it, go check out my podcast Take This Personally. This week I have on now Harveson, who is a huge favorite follow of mine on Instagram. He had an alcohol addiction, ended up in the hospital and then went from that to saving thousands of street dogs in Thailand and his stories not only really cool, but I love watching his content on social media. So go check that out at Take This Personally on social media and all that stuff too.
Speaker 1: Okaybye, everybody, have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Show and followed web
Speaker 2: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.