Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to coast am on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back George Norri with you. Mark Lerner, astrologer, has been a professional and consultant since nineteen seventy three and is the publisher of the astrological newspaper magazine Welcome to Planet Earth. He's the creator of the Astrology Cosmic Calendar app also a publisher of the GPS Astrology magazine online. He was last with us on election night talking about what was happening, and then came back for a little reaction the day later. Mark, welcome back. How've you ben?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Very good? Thanks thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: George, looking forward to this. How did you get involved in astrology?
Speaker 3: Well, it was the day that I thought I was going to Columbia University to take classes in medicine, and the way home opened the book astrology to state stage science and shifted gears to astrology and.
Speaker 2: You love it. You've never been the same since, have you.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I need a lot about medical astrology, financial astrology, all the different areas of astrology. Out of jack of all trades for fifty.
Speaker 2: Plus years and a master of many how many different types of astrology might there be.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, there are dozens, and with AI and computerization, it just keeps growing all the time. This is so much in terms of computerization and being able to use charts on phones, on apps, including our own astrology cosmic calendar, and all the different apps that are out there. This is a lot of discoveries being made, including a lot of them that I've made myself over the years.
Speaker 2: What drives astrology, Mark is that the planets, the moon, what does it?
Speaker 3: It's really everything. I mean, we've got sun sign astrology, but that's really a creation about ninety years ago from newspapers that were a penny in those days in America and England, and they were looking to compete against each other, and somebody thought, hey, there are these twelve signs of the zodiac. What if we hire these people, they could start doing these columns, And that sort of gave rise to the whole thing of Sun sin astrology.
Speaker 2: By the way, Mark is going to be our guest on Saturday, May twenty fourth at The Dolls at the Classic Granada Theater in Portland. I'm really looking forward to this in the Dolls, Oregon. We're going to have a great time.
Speaker 3: Mark, Yeah, and I was able to see it last year more of a visitor, and it looks fantastic. I'm really excited to be with you.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about some events that may occur over the rest of this year and next and get your astrological views of that. Things seem to be heated up between Russia and Ukraine, President Biden giving the Ukraine missiles. Ukraine using those missiles putent threatening new ukes. If things continue to get out of hand, it's a dangerous, dangerous situation. But astrologically, do you see that as dangerous or do things kind of calmed down?
Speaker 3: Well, the rhetoric has been going on for years. Prutin's been president since two thousand, so he's going for Stalin's record of about twenty nine years and he's already got twenty four years.
Speaker 4: So this is all bluster.
Speaker 3: The thing I'm not saying, there isn't a chance of an accidental problem with nuclear energy. And when he invaded Ukraine, this was when Pluto came back in the United States chart and just four days later he invaded Ukraine. And what's forgotten is that when he came in from the north through Belarus, the first place he went to was Chernobyl, the scene of the worst nuclear disaster ever that was on Ukraine soil and the biggest nuclear facility of Zephyr. So the thing is is that a large part of what is going on here is to reacquire that area that had to do with nuclear technology. And one of my biggest studies was about astrology and nuclear energy, what I called a nuclear axis, and I discovered a whole bunch of things by studying the time period of when atomic bombs were being dropped. And I did a whole study and reported in the Welcome Planet Earth back in nineteen eighty two when I was a young guy of thirty two years old, and did a lot.
Speaker 4: Of research.
Speaker 2: In the months, we're going to have the winter solstice December twenty first, and of course that was the Mayan calendar n day too. How do we look?
Speaker 3: But by the way I was on in two thousand and eleven, it might have been twenty ten and twenty eleven. You're doing a lot of shows about twenty twelve in the end of the world. And I remember I told you that on March eleven of twenty eleven that you asked me for a prediction and this was a couple of months off, and I said, watch March March eleven or March twenty one. I forget what the date was, twenty eleven, but it was the date that Uranus, that planet Uranus entered aries and it was the day of Fukushima, the tidle waves that hit on that exact day, an earthquake, which is I guess, the second largest nuclear disaster ever. And it happened when the major planet Uranus entered a new sign, the.
Speaker 4: Fire sign areas.
Speaker 3: So when we approach a time period of equinox or a solstice, that the solstice coming up, this is the beginning of the winter time period in the northern hemisphere and the southern. In the southern hemisphere, it's actually summer, which we tend to forget about in the field of astrology because astrology was created as a northern hemispheric philosophy technique.
Speaker 4: And this is.
Speaker 3: Another area of astrology that needs to be corrected at some point, but we can't really get into that now. But one of my great teachers, Dane Rudjar, speculated at one point that we might have to actually reverse the signs of the zodiac for people living in the southern Hemisphere. But I don't want to create too much news right now. So the thing is is that what's going to happen at the beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere is the sun goes into Capricorn. It's symbolically considered the birth of the solar hero, which is why we have Christmas at this particular time. A few days after the sun goes into Capricorn. The whole idea of like a Messiah coming in with the power of the sun goes back thousands of years before the time of Christ and all of that and why we celebrate Christmas at that point.
Speaker 2: What's the difference between the solstice on December twenty first and the equinox on March twentieth the next year.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, so the equinoxes are equal day and night, both in terms of March and September, so that's kind of the balance. And they're the signs Aries and Libra, the first fire sign and the second air sign after Gemini. We get Libra at the fall equinox. At the summer we get the sun going into Cancer and in the winter we get at least in Northern Hemishire, we get the sun going into capricorn and soulstice means the sun standing still. If you go back to thinking about Joshua making the sun stand still in the Bible, that kind of idea could have actually represented a possibility that the events in Jericho at that point might have been at a time of assaultice. But what happens is it's not that the sun actually isn't moving in the zodiac. It's actually not moving north or south.
Speaker 4: What's called declination.
Speaker 3: It's another system by which charts are calculated. And you asked me earlier about but where is astrology going? Well, there are so many levels of how you calculate a chart. In fact, I've heard before, at least in nursery, I've mentioned that we have heliocentric astrology. We can actually chart people not just based on the Earth, but imagining that from the Sun's standpoint, what would your chart look like? Okay, And this is a thriving area of astrology for many people who don't just accept your Earth chart, but that there's a Sun chart and then you can configure all the planets from there. And by the way, with all the information on Elon Musk, now joining Donald Trump, when we finally get people to Mars, whether in ten years whenever it is, and somebody is born there, then we'll have an astrology where Mars will be at the center of charts and Earth will be in the chart because Mars will be the home planet.
Speaker 4: There'll be a whole other thing.
Speaker 2: Why does astrology seem to be able to work? Mark? It works? Yeah, you know what I know, But it works? Why right?
Speaker 3: Well, remember I told you you know. It turns out every so often an astronomer will contact me, and somebody did twice and said, you don't know what you're talking about, not to view but all astrologers, because there's no way that Saturn at a billion miles away.
Speaker 4: Is going to make people do things. And he's right, that's not how it works.
Speaker 3: It works based on synchronicity. So when you take your first breath, and that's what astrologers look for, they will ask you when what time were you born? A lot of people don't know, they have to look it up. But the Firth certificate, so on the monthday, and year of your birth, the place where you've born, the longitude and latitude and the time gives you the whole construct of where the planets sun and Moon, different asteroids are located and that archetype. Okay, what it is is that is a synchronicity. So let's say Jupiter is directly above.
Speaker 4: That has a meaning. It's not that Jupiter is.
Speaker 3: Doing it thing to you as a planet. It's that it represents archetypes. So depending on where these planets and Sun and Moon were called the two lights, different asteroids and so on are located in the various twelve houses of the chart. That's kind of like, I guess I'll give you an example. Remember when we all used to go to the Anobil Association to get a trip Toick.
Speaker 4: Remember that.
Speaker 3: Under Well, some of us are old timer's right, I did it a lot going.
Speaker 4: Across the country.
Speaker 3: So you go down to the Triple A, right, says I'm going from New York to San Francisco. What's the best route. That's kind of what a chart is, okay. In other words, start in New York, New York City, it's Philadelphia, Go to Pittsburgh, then go somewhere in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Keep on going.
Speaker 3: This is the best route to get there. So it's kind of like the cities and the terrain and all these different places that you might go and visit like Mount Rushma, whatever it is, that would be like the whole chart. And so the thing is, you're on this journey and the chart is the adventure. And if you understand it the way I do, and a lot of astrologers that were all souls or spirits, beings of life having physical incarnation. We have our etheric or energy bodies, we have our emotional ast bodies, we have our minds and so on. The whole thing is kind of an adventure and a composite. And that's why astrologers, you know, send you these beautiful charts, and we have on my website these different reports you can order to learn about who you are and what your destiny is in this.
Speaker 2: Lifetime, what astrological events are coming up mark that we should be aware of.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, we've got something really big. I mean, there's a whole bunch of things, and as you know, there's never enough time to do to do everything. But everybody's got to watch the weekend of December sixth and seventh and eighth.
Speaker 2: Just a few weeks, just a few weeks, a.
Speaker 3: Couple of weeks, and remember the whole thing about Jupiter having this eighty three year cycle, that's exact, instead of having what would we call an eighty four year cycle. So I told you before, I've shared before that we are repeating nineteen forty one in general, not exactly. So the events of nineteen forty one, eighty eighty three years later, we've got December seventh was Pearl Harbor in nineteen forty one. Now, I'm not predicting a disaster, but the point is Neptune, one of the big planets, is making a station in pacing, is going from reverse to direct. That's Saturday, December seventh, which ironically or synchronistically is the same day eighty three years before that Japan bomb Pearl Harbor and we that caused us to enter World War Two the next day.
Speaker 2: Now, well, like you're saying, though, is you're not predicting a disaster, but are you predicting something big?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You see what.
Speaker 3: That's why it's big is because Jupiter is the largest planet.
Speaker 4: It's almost the Sun.
Speaker 3: Do you remember two thousand and one Odyssey Arthur C.
Speaker 4: Clark in the movie.
Speaker 3: With the monolith and everything that was basically, if you're to spoiler for people, at the end, there's the moon. One of the big moons of Jupiter, and there's all this mystery about what's going on, and there's all these reports coming back through the spacecraft with the child and the baby being born, and then you see all these monoliths making Jupiter become a star. And so that amazing.
Speaker 4: Story about Arthur C.
Speaker 3: Clark, who by the way, was a sun sign Sagittarius. His birthday is like December sixteen or seventeen, almost the same day of Steven Spielberg, who's born like twenty nine years later. So you know, we've got all these science energies put on December seventh. We've got Neptune not moving, which is a station, and every station of a planet is incredibly significant for the qualities of that planet. And then the day before Mars stops to go and reverse in Leo and that is a big deal for the inauguration and what happened if we have time in the second part of this or whenever you want me to share, Mars was retrograde when John F. Kennedy was president during the inauguration. Mars was retrograde when Bill Clinton had his first inauguration, and Mars will be retrograde coming up December and during President Trump and Vance taking the oath of office. It happens every thirty two years, So Mars retrograde. Everybody's so worried all the time about mercury retrograde, which I think is much too much hype. And I'm not saying it's wrong to be concerned, but.
Speaker 4: It's way overdone.
Speaker 3: Because all the planets stop and make retrograde cycles, we need equal attention on all of them.
Speaker 2: Why does this seem to work? Not how, but why?
Speaker 4: Well? Why is that? I guess we go back to Carl Jung, the.
Speaker 3: Swiss psychotherapist who actually studied the charts to study UFOs. You probably know that, of course you've got to be on one dollars all kinds of things, the concept of the anima and the animals, the inner female and the inner male. Well, he's the one who study the hundreds of married couples, and fundamentally his concept also is that whatever happens in storage, and the audience out there, everybody listening, please understand this, whatever happens at a moment of time has the qualities of that moment of time. That might sound redundant, but you see, we live in a world of quantities, like again Elon Musk is two hundred and some one billion dollars. Different people have money, you know, taxes, inflation. Everything is numbers and statistics, goals going up, you know, silver going up, it point, all the stuff. Everything is a quantity. And if you go back to five hundred or so Bcy, the Pythagorean school in southern Italy, that's where we got the whole idea of harmony of the sphears and the quality of numbers, oneness, two, ness, three. They have qualities like the triangle the equals out are triangle which is three, and the world's trinities, you know, and the different religions father son, holy ghost, whatever it may be. Ancient Egypt, you get the trinity there and different religions. So that's the number three. And three has a quality, so does four, So it's five. Like the five point at star. Why do we have a star on our aircraft? Why does the United States have a star five point star? Why do police departments often have a seven point of star? And sometimes they're pointed down.
Speaker 4: Which is not a good idea.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people use these kind of symbols and they don't know what they're doing, and they're actually top part of magic, the history of magic, and there's good magic and there's bad magic. Good magic can bring good fortune, good luck, and you can have the opposite if you're not working with the symbols correctly. But the point is, even like in your chart, my chart, anybody listening, we all have patterns like the Grand Triangle. We have from patterns called the mystic rectangle. Some of these are very complex, so we're all made up of sort of symbolic stars and triangles and crosses and so.
Speaker 4: On, and that's part of the.
Speaker 3: Esoteric nature of who we are as souls incarnating into personalities through our birth charts.
Speaker 2: Is this what you call mundane astrology.
Speaker 4: Well, you can do this.
Speaker 3: The old term mundane, as we've talked about before, is like a tech need phrase. What it used to represent was world astrology, mundane being the world mundane or world or political or earth astrology is really the astrology of using eclipses, new moons, full moons, like we said, depuinoxes and solstices, and the charts of presidents or events or the United Nations, or the start of a war, or building your own business, buying a stock anything that happens at a moment of time has the qualities of that moment of time. So this is why astrologers all of the world, myself included, and depending on people's focus, whether it's financial, business, travel, astro photography, natal charting, relationship, marriage, whatever it is, everybody like myself, you need a birth chart people's times, and then you need the questions if somebody's thinking of investing or starting a business, or getting married or getting divorced, whatever it is, what are the good times. It's called electional astrology to elect good times in order to do things that are propitious.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more