Speaker 1: Welcome back to artists on artists on artists.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's your food.
Speaker 1: That's right. Today we're talking to singing waiters.
Speaker 3: Singing waiters are a very specific group of people. They are people that are incredible at singing, whether they be musical theater stars or pop artists in their own right. And they also work in places where they, at the same time have to serve food. This is a real thing in many places, including Times Square. We sat down with five singing waiters from the restaurant Wish Chapon a burger.
Speaker 4: Let's listen in.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, we only carry that gluten free. And then she goes, yeah, she goes, I want a gluten filed And I had never heard of that phrase before.
Speaker 4: The gluten filed gluten film.
Speaker 6: Oh, some of these stars are on this diet, this gluten filled diet.
Speaker 7: It's gone back around again now because.
Speaker 2: It's actually good for you. Literally, gluten is actually good for you.
Speaker 8: Wait, how it circles back your intestines like your track. Yes, it clears things outreak, it clears things out.
Speaker 9: Yes, breakchack, break check for your body?
Speaker 10: Wait? What no way, break check. I'm literally florid. I'm literally Florid.
Speaker 9: Right now, you have Floriad closing tonight.
Speaker 10: I'm closing tonight. Oh my god, I'm floor tonight.
Speaker 1: I am closing.
Speaker 11: So it's so crazy. We're sitting next together. We're sitting next together. I'm I'm your closer. Literally, that's Have you guys seen all those tiktoks about how the openers never talked to the closers.
Speaker 4: Openers do everything, closers do nothing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a lie.
Speaker 2: We have to deal with all the musical theater people.
Speaker 9: Meanwhile, the bunch.
Speaker 6: Army, brunch army, we open and close the shift in the it's one act, it's long. It's people are the meanest at brunch then they will ever be in their lives.
Speaker 2: Well, they're hung over, their tired, and they want their.
Speaker 7: Food and they want it now.
Speaker 8: We don't have a gluten free menu at brunch, no way, it's all gluten.
Speaker 9: What yeah, just at night?
Speaker 10: Well yeah, we introduced the gluten free menu at Wow because like that's when a lot of people, like the tourists kind of come in and they are usually the ones that have the allergies or the sensitivity.
Speaker 2: Yes, so are we're going to talk about our set ye the next season.
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, yes, they have to know who we are.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I literally forgot this. I literally forgot it's fun.
Speaker 3: They're going to be clipping this when we hit it big, They're going to be clipping these.
Speaker 1: They're gonna literally be clipping us.
Speaker 4: This is the first time you see me, but it's not gonna be the last time.
Speaker 5: I also think there's a lot of wishmona Burger, like fans you wish I think there's so many fans of our restaurant that are gonna want to Like they asked me questions like what's it like back there?
Speaker 9: Do you guys party or guys friends?
Speaker 5: And now we we finally get to dish what's it like to work at the most famous singing restaurant?
Speaker 8: Can I just say it is like this cast of When You Wish upon a Burger is like the best cast in a while.
Speaker 1: I think, so it's like the best while.
Speaker 10: Calling it like the newer casts the renaissance, it's like the renaissance at Burger.
Speaker 7: I can speak to this.
Speaker 6: I've been at this restaurant forever, and I can say this cast is really really solid. There are dug years. There are rebuilding years. There are years where it is not there. This year we are there.
Speaker 1: Introduce yourself to your name.
Speaker 2: You're like literally a living legend.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: My name is Dina Fry and I have been working at make a Wish upon a Burger.
Speaker 7: Sorry, that's just a.
Speaker 1: Song, properly make Burger.
Speaker 2: We get sickets to come and we sing to them.
Speaker 9: Believe the name first, the nonprofit game Sack.
Speaker 3: You get about twenty kids a year who there make a wish was is to come to our restaurant. And I'm like, no judging, that's we could you could get more, but you're more than welcome. You're more than welcome to your wish.
Speaker 4: You're more than welcome for this to be your wish.
Speaker 10: And they usually just have the flu and it's the worst. It's like they're not really like they're not that sick. Yeah, we're not like they take.
Speaker 2: A like your make a.
Speaker 1: Wish because getting us sick is what I keep saying about.
Speaker 11: And how are you singing Book of Mormon sick? You're not so and we're not judging. Make a witch you guys? Do you it's weird you guys are now including the flu. It's weird and exema.
Speaker 5: I don't get it anyway, It's you went destined to work in this industry.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you so much. And you know I've had my my skirts with Broadway.
Speaker 6: But I really really wanted to be here, and I have been in this kitchen for fifty five years. I come out once a night, I sing my song and I go back. I have a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and I have the happiest life.
Speaker 7: In the world.
Speaker 3: And can I mention by the way Dinah, I mean, I love you so much. When you sing your big song Shy from What's upon a Mattress, you bring the house down.
Speaker 4: You love that.
Speaker 3: And I want to mention skirts with Broadway, your Etsy store where you make skirts that are inspired by Broadway.
Speaker 4: I love your Phantom of the Opera skirt.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, you go to etsy dot com backsplash shop, backsplash results for make a wish.
Speaker 7: But Broadway skirts.
Speaker 6: Now you're gonna wanna scroll down, scroll down, scroll down, scroll down. You're gonna get to the Phantom of the Opera skirt, which is it kind of looks like a sort of yin Yang sing symbol, because that is to symbolize the.
Speaker 7: Masma as.
Speaker 10: Sing it s design.
Speaker 6: Okay, the Phantom of the Opper skirt is for the famous mask, and there.
Speaker 7: Are many others, of course.
Speaker 6: And I have to get your orders for Christmas this year so that I can send them so that I can get started.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, my skirt.
Speaker 6: Something rotten skirt? Okay, I want to know Mary skirt.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so good.
Speaker 8: I'll take a chess skirt, but not the revival the original.
Speaker 2: No, you know what.
Speaker 10: Aunt Juliette for me.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, Anguliette for me, Anguliette. Okay, okay, everyone air drop me your measurements.
Speaker 7: I'll get it in time for Christmas.
Speaker 8: Twenty seven thirty two whoa wow?
Speaker 2: Size you shut up?
Speaker 4: Thirty two inch long score?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Wait, say your name, say your name and what you do.
Speaker 2: I'm dragging. Hey, I'm Teagan. I'm the ten or two of the group.
Speaker 11: Uh we we also answered a tone, So that's his that's that's it's like my ring.
Speaker 4: You hear that on you have to come run.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the chef gives orders and you know you have to.
Speaker 10: Go or getting yelled at by a person.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, our boss is the worst.
Speaker 4: We talk about it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, now we can finally talk about we can You can talk about yourself first.
Speaker 8: I give you your I went to U of M. I've been in New York for I've been in New York for five years. I have been on tour, but I have never booked anything on actual Broadway yet.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, wait, you're being shy about your tour. It was the military. I never I never saw battle. But I think it's like, I think it's really cool. You keep saying that you've done tour, like you've done tour.
Speaker 8: Musical theater tour, but like serving I'm serving Broadway, not musicals. Yes, I think I am probably the most well versed in our menu. I helped U the chef, create it. He takes suggestions from other musicals.
Speaker 10: These parodies that you have come up with in the names, these silly things.
Speaker 2: This gene, yes, literally Gene.
Speaker 9: I will never forget the days again. I'm gonna get a little motion. I will never forget the.
Speaker 5: Day that you walked in and w we're serving a smash burger and we're not calling it smash burger exactly. Featuring Megan Hilty and Catherine McPhee. So now I have pride when I go. Would you like the smash Burger featuring Megan Hilty and Meghan Hilty And it's so good and we.
Speaker 6: Have to talk about deer eggs and Hamson, Green Witches, the Green Witches salad chicken.
Speaker 8: And we had a bowl and on the menu and we're not calling it spelling, rolls out the money.
Speaker 2: It's right there.
Speaker 5: Soups the musical, and it's Soupsicle the musical of the day, So the soup is different every single time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, an operation mince meat Pie.
Speaker 4: That was just yeah, I mean it was just.
Speaker 9: Literally just like right there anyway.
Speaker 5: But I remember that when you first walked in, you were like, there are so many things that we can up here.
Speaker 2: Money on the table, money on the table.
Speaker 5: I'm not tips literally literally we're in the money in Hi, guys, what's up? My name is Sierra Hoofton, And what's your tone?
Speaker 9: I'm an alto.
Speaker 5: When you hear that you know that she has done something wrong, I'm an alto.
Speaker 9: I'll say I'm a mover, not a dancer. I'd say a mover.
Speaker 5: Went to Pace University top of my class, meaning I ran it from the top.
Speaker 9: I always say, can we do it from the top over? Literally, what was your g p A? I think.
Speaker 1: I was an alto okay great, yeah.
Speaker 5: Mezzo soprano anyway, So sorry, I'm so like, I was up all night last night because I am doing the open call tomorrow for La La Land too. They're doing the Wow they're doing this, So sorry, I'm like a little like and I had to open this literally like like I was like, you know, when you're like working in an audition and you had to open it's kind of my brain's just like all over.
Speaker 10: You're like literally always auditioning, like you go out more than anyone.
Speaker 5: I know, No, thank you, and I think like I think there the job is getting the job, and I love that part of the job.
Speaker 2: I think it's one of my favorite process.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's process, it's process, it's rehearsal, it's process.
Speaker 8: And you know it's not processed our food. No, see look at that.
Speaker 9: Look the brand integration is like Tigan's like butter.
Speaker 3: I'd be careful because you really might have a future and restaurant business.
Speaker 8: Yes, stop, I mean the only restaurant I want to be in is waitress.
Speaker 11: Yes, opening up sugar butter flower.
Speaker 9: But I love this place. I loved Hegan, I love all by the way.
Speaker 10: Why don't people order that?
Speaker 1: I just don't get. I don't think people want to eat flour.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 5: Preservatives literally literally it is. I guess like less per preservatives. But I just want to say I love this place. I think my favorite part about working here is just your smiley faces every single freaking day.
Speaker 10: You are too.
Speaker 9: I love you guys a lot. I really do, from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 5: You make it easy and I I am happy that my survival job is something that gets me, like contact with the ball, I get to practice, I get to sing. I always am like, I want to be a better dancer, right, I say that to everybody every morning I go. I want to be a better I want to be better at these dance calls. So I try to integrate that, right, I try to. I'm doing across the floors almost constantly.
Speaker 6: And you've been dancing on tables, You've been tangling on these on these floor tops.
Speaker 2: I are you play? You do the you can't stop the beat?
Speaker 1: Yes, and do it?
Speaker 2: Do it just a little bit, a little bit, Come on.
Speaker 9: The dance solow or whatever motion now that you should know the rain. This guy, you can wonder if you want to. But that's why if you try to hold me.
Speaker 11: Down, I'm gonna and say you can't stop the bigger God?
Speaker 2: Well done?
Speaker 4: Can I just say?
Speaker 3: And I don't know if I should say.
Speaker 2: This, but sometimes we talked about this.
Speaker 4: When you're around the camera, the camera makes you tell the truth.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, talk about this.
Speaker 10: The talk about this.
Speaker 3: When you guys start singing, there is such a sexual attention between you two.
Speaker 10: Literally, it's like when you're not singing, it's like you guys could not stand. It's like brother and sister. But when you guys are singing, it's like I'm watching one of those weird videos where it's like brother and sister hooky.
Speaker 2: We talked about boundaries at staff meal. Yeah, we tried to day.
Speaker 7: It didn't work down there like that, you have to try again. You don't try again.
Speaker 6: I've seen so many relationships come through these walls. I've seen so many ill advised hookups between Alto's and tenors.
Speaker 7: That they never speak of it again. The next day. You guys have to try again.
Speaker 1: You got to listen to diner diner.
Speaker 5: Okay, please, enough on me, Enough on you, girly, step into your shine rate.
Speaker 2: It is my turn step into it.
Speaker 1: Okay. Hi, my name is Sam Ellie.
Speaker 10: I am a bastone, one of the some of the deepest voices you could ever hear. There's not a lot of parts for me, and not a lot of songs built for my vocal range. So but this is the noise you hear over the PA system when they're looking for me. I'm kind of the punk vibe. I do a lot of the punk pop, punk rock songs. Green Day the musical when it came out was Mike Eucharist. That was My Body of Christ, if you will.
Speaker 9: Or that really really low song in Hadestown.
Speaker 10: Yes, why do they build too?
Speaker 3: You're so vile to me because I do all the you know, four seasons. I do the Frankie Valleys.
Speaker 4: You do the why don't you.
Speaker 9: Wow? That's honestly.
Speaker 4: Durb hop bird about.
Speaker 10: I don't want to be an American idiot by the media.
Speaker 1: Can't stop it down. So yeah, that's a little bit of Sam Kelly.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: And you you're working on your own piece right, Oh my god, thank you Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 10: I kea in.
Speaker 2: I mean, what better time to give it the people what they want?
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This is actually such a good opportunity.
Speaker 10: I'm working on my own musical. It's an original, original musical.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: No, like we talk about it a lot.
Speaker 10: We talk about a lot like this is literally a podcasts like this, Like literally, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know you were working on something on your own.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all of you guys have parks.
Speaker 9: Wait, you didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Did you not know that?
Speaker 10: I feel like I'm always told, well, the restaurant just makes me idy.
Speaker 2: It was in the text. It was in the text, literally the text.
Speaker 9: Are you on? Are you on? Molana Lives Forever?
Speaker 12: I'm on how far out Googurt other one forever.
Speaker 10: That was when we were going to go see Lion King and you said you you were busy or you were sick or something, and so we just created that threat.
Speaker 1: I think we didn't even realize you were.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm so pissed our manager didn't take that. By the way, that was a great.
Speaker 2: That I don't care item that was on there. Just make it yogurt that.
Speaker 10: You make it so Yes, I'm working on an original musical. I'm very excited about each of you have a part. And I don't want to say too much right now, but it's going to change music forever. It's going to change musicals and how we look at them forever.
Speaker 4: In what way?
Speaker 10: And I don't want to say too much, but what if a musical never.
Speaker 7: Stopped you forever?
Speaker 9: That sounded like a threat.
Speaker 10: And what if when the music ends, you can start it again and it feels like you're picking up in the middle.
Speaker 9: So like a circle, so like songs for a new world.
Speaker 10: So no, it's different, and it's going to change musicals forever. I can tell you guys a little bit more about it, but I don't want to take over this whole podcast, just the lead taking.
Speaker 1: It's you.
Speaker 10: Taking you literally saw active combat. I have to put you in it.
Speaker 8: Is it about octave combat? No, but I just feel so bad. Okay, So I actually had a really fun question to get.
Speaker 4: Out O yours are burning. I guess I'll introduce myself.
Speaker 11: Okay, my name's Buzzy Baldwin. I love Broadway, but I'm kind of a little bit more of a gossip than I am when it comes to musicals.
Speaker 3: You might know me as the Broadway babbler on TikTok. I have lots of secrets that I divuloge.
Speaker 11: The gossire dropping all the time, and I would say that I worked in this diner to kind of be in the middle of Times Square and.
Speaker 4: Over here the things that are happening here in there.
Speaker 3: I bust in from New Hampshire every morning just to be amongst.
Speaker 4: You wonderful guys and gals and guys and gals.
Speaker 5: Who was the one that first reported that Lia Michelle's cover in Funny Girl was doing a good job.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 11: I said this just in Lia Michelle's cover doing good because I was standing outside after the show and I saw one person walk out and go she did pretty good.
Speaker 8: Who was the one to report that Jack Black would be taking over the role of Beetlejuice's dog.
Speaker 4: I did that. Beetlejuice's dog is now being played by Jack Black.
Speaker 6: He reported that one of the supporting characters of The Notebook was a little pitchy last week.
Speaker 4: I did that.
Speaker 3: Actually, I made that up, and someone said it's actually true, and so I guess I'm a bit of a Fortunetella.
Speaker 10: Who was the one that reported Lion King's gazelle who was out for the count due to a gonneriea outbreak. That was me and I did do that.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry to you, Jessica. I didn't know.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is inside of trading. You gave the gonerriea.
Speaker 3: Gosh something roun. This camera makes me tell the truth. I gave Jessica the gazelle GONERIEA who hasn't.
Speaker 8: Given someone gonnerieas are literally gone riea.
Speaker 4: That's Broadway. Hani did no. But but I love working here.
Speaker 11: This is my favorite place to be because you guys are so much fun to hang out with and I get to sing all the songs that you can basically speak, so that's really fun.
Speaker 10: Let's talk about our songs that we like to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, coverage night, Wish upon a burger. You're coming in. It's what six o'clock? What are we starting with? You're hearing it's a hard not life for me and Dinah.
Speaker 7: You're hearing us. It's a hard knock life. It's a hard not life for us. It's a hard knock for us.
Speaker 1: Beauty treat.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to fight for you? By the way, because I'll fight for you.
Speaker 2: Someone needs to want me to fight for you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 9: What do you mean somebody.
Speaker 10: Needs to be thinking about We've all been thinking about.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't have to get down on your knees anymore too.
Speaker 11: The orphan us so hard on your knees.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I don't want you to treat me any different.
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm older, that doesn't mean I have to stop.
Speaker 2: Her knees are fine. Pull up your long skirt.
Speaker 6: Let me pull up my long skirt and show you my damnamelower.
Speaker 2: Look like cover help? Here's for Christmas?
Speaker 7: With what sally wrong with my knees?
Speaker 11: Wait?
Speaker 7: Look at it up clothes.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna need everyone to grow up.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna need everyone to grow up.
Speaker 10: Dan.
Speaker 9: We just keep saying, play miss Handagan, play miss handing you.
Speaker 2: I want to play the word is Andy and I will fight for her.
Speaker 1: Is Annie. That is so Andy Andy coated.
Speaker 13: Is Andy is Andy.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna fight for you again.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna Okay, I checked dinas Andy.
Speaker 3: We need to clean that chicken Alfredo off that any wig?
Speaker 6: Yes, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 9: No, hold on for it.
Speaker 7: That is my lucky wig.
Speaker 8: The wig stays you guys, If I wash it, I won't remember how to sing the notes.
Speaker 6: So far, every time I've sang, I've hit the notes and there's ben Alfredo in the hair, and you.
Speaker 7: Know what it is, remove one variable. I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: It's tradition, girl.
Speaker 4: I will say what my favorite things with the ensemble bell.
Speaker 3: When the ensemble bell goes off and we all have to sing a song about all we're doing.
Speaker 5: Don't tell you it's tricky because every single table needs to tip at the same time to get the ensemble.
Speaker 6: We all have to close out your entire section at once, and if someone hasn't ordered you, you need to very very quickly shout out.
Speaker 3: I want to shout out the eleven year old super fans of our diner who run around to the other tables tip at the same time, like trying.
Speaker 4: To organize the wave in a baseball game. It's honestly incredible.
Speaker 2: Those kids are the work that they put in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: So it usually starts at six o'clock.
Speaker 5: We do like a little bit of Annie if we're talking the night shift, and then then we get into solo solo time.
Speaker 10: Yes. Usually what happens is it's this is the big misunderstanding. It's not always singing. There's breaks for you to eat. They're short, but there's breaks for you to eat.
Speaker 9: And we have to run the restaurant.
Speaker 10: We have to do our job. Our managers barely do anything. But God, will we get that mic. It's game over for you, hose.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the mic. We have a lot of names for the mic. We call him the big One, we call him, we call him King, King Loudy, We have loud games for him because it's this very ornate, beautiful It has led lights in it, and it shoots bubbles out of the bottom every time you say.
Speaker 7: In my generation, we called him the Nickson.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 6: The mic is someone who you don't want to mess with because he has the power to break or break your night.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Dinah.
Speaker 10: That's when I'm trying to start hashtime. Dinah is andy.
Speaker 4: And I'm saying you're trying to start that you've never been started.
Speaker 1: Guys like I'm trying to get.
Speaker 5: That, and we have to talk about if we're talking about the mic, then we also have to talk about what goes with that mic.
Speaker 9: The bread this out the song, but also sorry, we're not like connecting right now sing a song together? Is our accompany? Missed?
Speaker 5: Who's there every single night and he's been there Floyd, Floyd.
Speaker 1: Floyd is bad news.
Speaker 5: Sometimes Floyd has a smile where you're like you can grab me there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yes, he's hilarious.
Speaker 11: One time fld to a party after a shift and I went through his house and nobody.
Speaker 4: Else was there.
Speaker 1: Floyd is so funny like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, Boyd's funny, right, And I think like it's funny that when sometimes Hill he's the one that, like, believe it or not, He's the one that'll be like, I don't want to play that song anymore, like you used to sing such a good I believe from Book of Foreman, And when Floyd was just like I don't want to do it right like I remember it, and he was, and we're like, great Floyd copy that, Yes, stood, Yes, understood.
Speaker 8: Floyd is so loving. He is he has so much care for us, Like I just know, I feel so comforted.
Speaker 10: Are you crying?
Speaker 8: I'm not crying, I'm just he just reminds me of my time in the military.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh you.
Speaker 2: National tour, My national tour.
Speaker 8: He international love Floyd, and I can tell that he loves me too. It's the way he grabs me when I walk by, and it's the way he embraces me when I'm near the piano really tight for long. It's like it's not like just like a it's not a quick cock is like quite so different.
Speaker 10: He's so different to me. He's mean to me. I never Oh, he's like ugh in a way, Yeah, that's I mean, it's offended. Every time I sing Here's to the Ladies who lunch. I sing that song from a company, Yeah, yeah, that's Fay, and he just goes He's kind of like this the whole time.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny about that.
Speaker 11: I've seen it that you sing that song to stop people from eating, Like it's too literal, like they want to distraction from Yes, oh, I don't want to hear a song about lunch while I'm eating to.
Speaker 2: The ladies who lunch.
Speaker 9: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 5: I think I think Floyd doesn't like it because you're You're one of those performers that only wants to stand on top of the piano.
Speaker 10: Yes, I want to be on that piano, giving it my all.
Speaker 7: And you want to be on the keys too.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I want to be on the keys, giving it my feet.
Speaker 5: We use all parts of the restaurant. If you've never come to Wishboneburger, like sometimes.
Speaker 10: Hanging from the balcony.
Speaker 5: Literally like you girl, you are always singing from the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Yes, I sing.
Speaker 3: I've grown accustomed to her smile from my fair lady from the kitchen.
Speaker 4: So if you started hearing me going, I've grown accustomed to her face or whatever that song is.
Speaker 6: I remember the first time you died to do that. The chef was so angry, was.
Speaker 10: So mad you didn't clear. That's so, but that's like why we're punk Rocks.
Speaker 11: And absolutely honestly, Rodrigo needs to come to terms of where he works.
Speaker 4: Okay, he works of singing.
Speaker 8: The dear plugs are a little much.
Speaker 7: My favorite is heard aloud to clear.
Speaker 9: Rodri We have to tell it.
Speaker 8: We have to talk about my signature song, feed me Seymour. Yes, I said at one of the tables, I pretend to be at one of the tables, and I love.
Speaker 9: The tables as reserved and no one knows why.
Speaker 2: And I'm away and I'm like, I have a fork and knife and I'm like.
Speaker 11: Well, and here's what's crazy watching Tristan did you have to go? There's so many videos of this on TikTok.
Speaker 3: He sings the song and then someone will shove food in your mouth and you never miss it.
Speaker 2: Note I don't stop singing.
Speaker 9: It's literally crazy.
Speaker 2: You put it in your cheek. Secret, A little secret.
Speaker 10: Tell you.
Speaker 1: Honestly.
Speaker 9: Okay, we're talking about our favorite times.
Speaker 5: I love going in where the hostess stand is, where all the people are waiting for tables and doing.
Speaker 9: God, I hope I get it. I hope I get it. How many people are they seated?
Speaker 1: How many boys, how many moms.
Speaker 9: How many how many moms?
Speaker 7: How many moms?
Speaker 3: There was a three month window where punch Drunk was in charge of the of our diner. And they're really known for sleep no more immersive stuff, So that has some really cool, interesting immersive stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh Dinah, when you did the Wizard and I from the Hostess stand, amazing And that was like, first of all, never heard it in that key?
Speaker 6: Crazy, No, it's a key that no one's ever done it. It's yes, that's it and musical note no one's done.
Speaker 1: Give us a little taste of it. You can't set up that and not give us a little taste.
Speaker 7: It's the wizard and I there is.
Speaker 8: This and the song is kind of and the melody is also different.
Speaker 7: I love when we immerse.
Speaker 6: I love when when when we put when we put people on the you know the catering trays, the trays that hold not to drinks, but all of the plates, and we put them on them, and then they do define gravity on the trays. And we always we know when we call for hands, it means we need a lot of hands to lift a lady up there.
Speaker 9: Hands speaking of we should talk.
Speaker 5: About whoa we lost it for a second their hands, hands hand corner.
Speaker 10: Actually, I wanted to bring up I just wanted to say genuinely because because I'm not leaving, Sam, I'm not leaving, don't I'm not. It's only for a day or two. It's only for a day.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 10: I am the new face of Peloton Underwear and.
Speaker 6: It's only for it's only for a day.
Speaker 7: You're a spokesperson for a day.
Speaker 10: I'm a spokes version for a day.
Speaker 2: I'm really proud. It's a non union photo shoot.
Speaker 9: Peloton has closed.
Speaker 10: Yes, And so I put on the underwear and it says Peloton underwear. And I'm kind of spreading my cheeks and it says and it's gonna are.
Speaker 7: You spreading.
Speaker 1: To show show the rage of the underwear?
Speaker 10: Yeah, and you say, imagine these on your bike seat?
Speaker 6: What that's what we say.
Speaker 7: The bike seat.
Speaker 10: The idea is like it's like it's like a photo, right, but the idea is like people are gonna be looking at and like, dang, I'm always so uncomfortable on my bike seat on my Pellot time. And you see this and you go, dang, imagine you on your bike seat.
Speaker 6: Is just weird that they're centering the bike seat and not your own butt, Like, do you like imagine these on your butt?
Speaker 7: Did you anyway.
Speaker 4: Where the email came from? Was it a Gmail? Was it a corporate email?
Speaker 1: It was a dot net email.
Speaker 10: It was Peloton, dot e EU, dot Mongolia dot net.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, a European and Asian tune.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad Mongolia finally got in the euro.
Speaker 1: It's been they've been telling you what I'm around the.
Speaker 5: Big sounds to cover your shift because you know, on Tuesdays I have book club.
Speaker 10: Well this is and I didn't want to bring it up because it's hard for me to talk.
Speaker 9: About But let's stop burying the lead.
Speaker 10: Just say it what and I can say, I can say no, I can turn it down. But will somebody cover my shift on Tuesday night?
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous.
Speaker 9: It's fine, you know the deal.
Speaker 11: If I cover your shift, you have to do harmonies on my song. You have to do harmonies on it.
Speaker 2: They're so hard. You ask for so many rehearsals to get it right.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, we need twelve rehearsals.
Speaker 5: I can cover your ship from four to four thirty, and then at four point thirty I'm doing a dance class that's based on.
Speaker 10: You, Gil.
Speaker 2: I can't do Tuesday. Jeremy Jordan is teaching a master class.
Speaker 1: Are you going?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the whole day, the whole day. It's a twelve hour master.
Speaker 1: What's up about it?
Speaker 7: In person?
Speaker 2: It's on No, it's on zoom.
Speaker 10: But I have to be there with all twelve hour masterclass camera on masterclass.
Speaker 4: Your schedules watching?
Speaker 5: You are watching Jeremy Jordan's mask's scheduled.
Speaker 8: I have to watch him twelve hours class. Okay, don't on Tuesday. I won't get it done.
Speaker 9: Dinah, what are you doing Tuesday?
Speaker 7: I have to go to the doctor.
Speaker 9: Okay, we can't fuck with that.
Speaker 2: I have to go to the doctor.
Speaker 10: Doctor.
Speaker 7: No, but I think I can wait wait wait wait, there's something that's been happening with my arms that's different, and can we see her almost zero? Yeah, yeah, so there's something.
Speaker 6: There's something I've been noticing, like a twitch, and I don't know if maybe you can see it? That's your what are you talking about?
Speaker 9: Christmas Tree a week soon? This is okay?
Speaker 7: Well, well Jesus Christ, Okay, we go.
Speaker 10: To the doctor. You're not covering my ship, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say no.
Speaker 10: I'm just gonna say no because honestly, like not every opportunity, like I'm waiting for that big one I'm waiting for to get funding for.
Speaker 2: Me, bigger than Peloton.
Speaker 1: Yea, I think we're good.
Speaker 3: From two to four, I'm sitting in Grand Central Terminal to see I'm Sharry Scott Is to get with her husband.
Speaker 4: Other than that, I.
Speaker 10: Remember, you're you're actually going to the Stranger Things New Music Musical.
Speaker 4: I'm going to Stranger Things.
Speaker 3: The first shadow, the first music note that's literally amazing of the prequel.
Speaker 4: I'm so excited and I'm going to be there.
Speaker 10: That's great.
Speaker 1: Rumor has it?
Speaker 4: No Jimmy Campbell power.
Speaker 10: Is coming to it.
Speaker 7: No, he might be bringing his.
Speaker 8: O pair Wow, oh he still has He's like thirty.
Speaker 4: There it is for him. Here's a rumor the Jimmy Campbell Bauer is a nine month old baby.
Speaker 1: He's such a good actor.
Speaker 10: If he is.
Speaker 9: Who told you that?
Speaker 4: I read it on the dark Web.
Speaker 2: That's why his skin is so smooth.
Speaker 10: Read it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, read it the dark web, Reddit read it or slash Broadway News.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm glad you're bringing this up because maybe we can do a little bit of a trade. Because I wanted to see if someone could take my shift at our hand for ham Show.
Speaker 1: What did you where?
Speaker 9: We passed out ham Sandwich is on the street and.
Speaker 4: Saying Hamton, saying Hamilton had Hambilton.
Speaker 5: It's all saying Hamilton if you cack a sandwich. I actually wanted to go see. My friend is doing a my friend is doing a read through of a new musical that's supposed to be a play in New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: What how do they get funding? How did that happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Maybe I can like we could link up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you could stay at my place.
Speaker 9: It's just like a two hour reading.
Speaker 4: But I'm more than welcome to stay in my place.
Speaker 8: Thank you you have an extra bedroom.
Speaker 6: I oh, because this has been so wonderful.
Speaker 5: All I meant to say is I think, like what people don't realize, Yeah, we can switch.
Speaker 10: Well, this is what we're trying to say. It's like it's hard to juggle both things.
Speaker 9: App the same time.
Speaker 2: Literally, I love this job. I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so fun.
Speaker 10: I love all my best friends in the literal world taking on this big ass applecket together. But also we need to make sure that we're not tied to this place so we can do bigger things. You know.
Speaker 5: It's about like making sure the work we're doing is tip top shape.
Speaker 9: But also we can leave it any second.
Speaker 8: But it's also like we have to look at the good parts of this job too, Like we are like kind of famous away like shows come and go, but like this restaurant has been here for what like thirty years ago.
Speaker 5: This has been long been longer running show than some of Broadway's shows.
Speaker 7: Literally, most like most we are an institution.
Speaker 6: This is a very important place for very important art, and I'm glad that everyone here sees that.
Speaker 10: Gosh Dinah is so andy right now, you're being to be honest.
Speaker 7: I don't know what it means.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't mean anything. Is what's crazy?
Speaker 6: Well, I have a limited amount of capacity that I can.
Speaker 7: I can for new information. Sure do I have to know this?
Speaker 10: No, you're camp for that, You're camp for that, camp for that, literally camp for that.
Speaker 6: I know what that means. Then I feel good good.
Speaker 11: I want to ask, what is a dream number you guys all want to do if everything goes your way?
Speaker 3: I want you to describe the performance. I want to hear what you would do, how you would come out, what would happen, and even what the audience would react.
Speaker 5: Visionary, visionary. I'm always hearing this family meal, I'm saying, I always.
Speaker 3: Hear family I'm so sick of this food. I can't do family meal again.
Speaker 1: Come on, lentil soup.
Speaker 9: It's the best thing I ever lentil soup and celsius.
Speaker 6: I look that they always just and you know that family meal is just whatever they have leg around that's about to go bad.
Speaker 7: And it's always lentil soup. It's always been that.
Speaker 8: Okay, you guys, you're forgeting about the lentil soup caesadillas, yes.
Speaker 5: See, and that's the visionary and every family meal we get to hear like stuff come off with.
Speaker 2: Tiggan's brains that I'm like fusion, baby, that's fusion.
Speaker 10: Okay, what's your dream?
Speaker 2: Okay, I really want to do be our guest. Like we're already serving food. You guys, how are.
Speaker 9: We tried this?
Speaker 5: Remember they've tried this and it's like a food safety thing because we can't use we can't use like plates and stuff like as choreo and as a like a serving.
Speaker 2: Right, but it is though that plate is a plate.
Speaker 7: So we tried this. Nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 6: The health inspector came in during the chorus and they saw that these plates were used for singing, and they said, that's not safe.
Speaker 11: Health inspectors don't understand the concept of props. It's so hard to teach them. This is a prop for a show. Yes, this is a dish to be eaten from right.
Speaker 4: There's a difference.
Speaker 10: This chicken is plastic because it's a prop. Pah, we're not going to serve this like I don't eat plastic. I know the difference in real chicken and plastic chicken.
Speaker 9: How would you cast it? If you don't mind me asking?
Speaker 8: Okay, obviously bell uh lemire, yes, yes, perfect.
Speaker 2: I think Dinah's Bob Bett. I think hashtag dynasty.
Speaker 9: She doesn't have to get on her knees.
Speaker 7: I'm in no, I can get on my knees.
Speaker 9: You don't have to.
Speaker 2: There's the high kicks with the other feathers and beer. Yeah I could already, right, you can be closworth. How about your clocksworth? Yeah, sure, cocksworth, thank you?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't. I just want to be the writer. What the idea. I'll be like pretending like I'm typing the number.
Speaker 7: You're the author of Beauty and the Beast as it's happening like that.
Speaker 1: So it's like a just cast me in whatever.
Speaker 10: I guess. I guess. I can't make requests.
Speaker 9: I know who Floyd's playing little priest.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, Floyd is so bad to me and rude.
Speaker 9: Okay, dream numbers, what about you?
Speaker 5: What about you don't ran on my parfade and perfect parfaid on my barfaide.
Speaker 3: This is something we would only do at clothes and honestly, we're open, sorry, because in the morning, everyone's coming in ordering a parfe at a coffee.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I'm the only one.
Speaker 3: I'm the only one that opens up, and I have to play piano by myself. And also, you know, I just imagine, you know, just belting for one scraggly old guy sitting in the corner, just munching down on his parfe, just going crazy and just having this moment where the song ends when a whole group of kids comes in and they don't know that I just had this amazing moment, but this old man he does.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 10: Because that's what you got to ask yourself, Like is your big number a show stopper or is it a tear jerker? Yeah, like that?
Speaker 9: Or is it somewhere in the middle like mine?
Speaker 10: What's yours?
Speaker 5: Cell block, Mango Margarita, WHOA, that's good, cell block Mango Margarita. And call me a team player. But just like beer Guest, just like Tan, I want to do doing with everybody. I want us all and I think we can think workshop a little bit if you want. I want us all to do monologues like under music while serving the food, because sometimes it's like a safety issue. We can't sing and like do table we have like either have a singer or the waiter. You can't do both the same time. I think with cell block Mango margarita, you could be like and there I was, and then bringing the food to the customer literally this, and like, I think we could do more hands on stuff.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 8: I love speaking of hands on. So you know how colorblind casting is a thing?
Speaker 10: No what.
Speaker 6: Alert alert, emergency alert. There's a Patreon you need to subscribe to.
Speaker 9: Hold on pause the episode.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, how fun would it be to just hang out with us, like maybe a weird time the day, like seven am or eleven thirty pm.
Speaker 7: A little peak behind the curtain.
Speaker 6: This episode was recorded between nine to five, but if you want to see what we're like after hours, you got to join the patreon.
Speaker 5: We'll recap episodes and then also we'll do weird stuff like bully Jeremy.
Speaker 9: We bully Jeremy.
Speaker 6: We make him do twelve weeks of dancing in a row. We made Patrick write an entire screenplay in one day, and we're doing an Oscars draft.
Speaker 2: So come on.
Speaker 9: Bye, it's three bucks. See you there.
Speaker 10: Bye.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's go there, Go there.
Speaker 10: Go there.
Speaker 8: Okay, It's like colorblindcasting is like, we don't care what color you are.
Speaker 10: You can play the role.
Speaker 8: So under those rules, I think, but what if I was like purple, They literally don't care.
Speaker 2: Purple people are people too.
Speaker 10: You're so true and Dinah is andy color bdcasting.
Speaker 8: I think with this cast we can do run and til black, the lat bacon, let us avocado tomatoes, run intil black.
Speaker 9: The song's sings, and here the song and see all.
Speaker 8: The black people singing. Attention, color blind. We're color blind, baby. It's not reverse. It's just colorblind.
Speaker 2: Colors. Color is color is white.
Speaker 9: People singing that song. Yes, and it's about BLTs.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 8: That is so one of bacony of the bacon, from berry to the black of the berry to the bacon.
Speaker 5: Baby bacon, bacon, the baby bacon, the bacon, the bacony, the ba Bacon's.
Speaker 10: That's so good man, come on, Okay, Well, my dream, I guess is I don't think people really see me as kind of the serious artist that I want to be perceived as. Sometimes, so I would get up on the piano, spotlight just me the restaurant kind of like comes to an awkward, tense pause because everybody's a little uncomfortable with me up there in my beautiful, beautiful blue ground, glown down, your blue crown, my group, my blue crown, and my blue I sing somewhere that's green leaves, and people believe crying somewhere that's green leaves, somewhere that's green leaves from Yeah, so it's like like a butterhead. Yeah, yeah, like butter or kale or most leaves are green spanach, but not radicio. It's necessimally not dazing. And I got hashtags specifically not because it's too bitter for me.
Speaker 4: Crazy. I've usually heard it called.
Speaker 10: I've literally only read it, and I really well Italian double c is a chest sound, so you think you guys are wrong. Anyway, So I was standing there with my blue ground and my no I love that and.
Speaker 9: People and your blue crown, the same color crown. It's called the ground.
Speaker 1: It's called the ground.
Speaker 10: I bought it at the store and anyway, so everybody's just tearing up and crying right when I go, like a house is built on a fence somewhere just for me.
Speaker 1: No, I know the song, Yeah, so weird that green.
Speaker 10: That's gonna cry into their spaghetti cry in the spaghetti house built think that Wait this is that was embarrassing. Sorry you let that out.
Speaker 9: I'm glad you felt safe.
Speaker 10: To do that. Thank you, guys. I love you guys so much, and I'm really excited. I'm really excited to put this play up.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about when you always bring the bill and you sing satisfied from hereton, It's so sassy, it's so sad. Honestly, we're a little secret. If you're a Karen at our restaurant, you're kind of annoying. We're gonna have him come sing satisfied. When you bring the bill, you remember this, You remember this never for the most so.
Speaker 1: You never to never be satisfied. You start writing mc gin, which is really fun.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, I'm always going, they're leaving, and I'm going I'm the one. Who's the one, and they're like running out the door.
Speaker 9: I'm the one who.
Speaker 10: I'm the one.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but you are the rapper of the of the crew. You are the rapper and the colt.
Speaker 10: And what is your dream is?
Speaker 9: And the city is my dream song?
Speaker 7: Well I heard it.
Speaker 6: I heard a song the other day. I heard a song the other day, and you know, sometimes we don't do strictly Broadway. Sometimes it's a song, it's an old jazz standard or something worse.
Speaker 9: For you, lucky lady. Anytime I heard a song the other day that made me cry.
Speaker 7: It was called levitating by this woman by the name of door Lipa.
Speaker 4: I'm familiar.
Speaker 7: And it goes a little something like this, I've got.
Speaker 6: You oon light, You're my starlight. I need you all night, come on, answered me. And oh, and I want to do that. I want to do that for all the people, for all the people who make me feel like I'm levitating each and every night.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you can do it like Papa is in at Mulan Rouge.
Speaker 6: Is in.
Speaker 2: Papa is in.
Speaker 7: That's incredible news.
Speaker 10: And it made you cry.
Speaker 2: It made me cry.
Speaker 6: I've felt things I haven't felt in years, not since the owner of this restaurant, he and I parted ways.
Speaker 7: Obviously, we don't have to get into buy sad love life.
Speaker 10: But no, let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Let's you kind of we'd love to hear about your sad love life.
Speaker 2: We'd love to.
Speaker 7: It's very sad.
Speaker 2: Why is it sad?
Speaker 10: Dinah.
Speaker 6: Well, Harry and I were going to renew our vows in the middle of the restaurant, and then he said, let me just go out for a pack of smokes.
Speaker 10: Oh, it's a stereotypical thing.
Speaker 7: And he got cobbled by a Times Square Elmo.
Speaker 1: Cobbled.
Speaker 4: They put his feet together with hammers.
Speaker 10: Cobbled.
Speaker 6: They turned my husband into a big show, a big show that stood in the middle of Tomes Square.
Speaker 10: Was never going to leave you into his shoe.
Speaker 6: No, he had a terrible, filthy smoking but I didn't doubt that part of it. He got waked but outside and turned into a shoe. But that is New York City.
Speaker 10: That's what the city.
Speaker 1: I love your story about New York in the eighties.
Speaker 2: The shoe crisis ripped through New York City in the eighties.
Speaker 4: You describe it and then say you miss it, and I go, I don't think I would.
Speaker 7: No, Yeah, I miss the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was beautiful.
Speaker 9: Hey, you can know you have a song that you want that's not an ensemble.
Speaker 2: Bass song like a solo song.
Speaker 1: Auntie. It is about to spread your wings. Okay, spread your wing?
Speaker 2: Okay, So have you guys seen Sweeney todd.
Speaker 10: Have I seen it?
Speaker 1: I live, breathe and eat it.
Speaker 9: So what's that mean?
Speaker 2: The musical about I love it? Okay, these are my fries. See how they listen and then instead of scissors, it's fries that I have.
Speaker 10: I love that.
Speaker 2: We have another idea, Edward Fryhan. It's like a double it's both.
Speaker 10: Yes and so I had an idea for another sweet tong tongue.
Speaker 2: Okay, hot potato, pretty hot hot potato, Hot.
Speaker 7: Potato poto.
Speaker 3: So she doesn't.
Speaker 1: It ends on their table.
Speaker 10: It ends on the table. Split up a with our team, hot potato, moving slowly. Everybody must have a sweingty tong button that they're working on.
Speaker 1: Of course I do.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: I feel you lingue fe lingue. There you are your.
Speaker 1: Ship that is a little small.
Speaker 7: There's a little small on this one. So and lay split peace, siddly split pee.
Speaker 4: You don't need no crack, you.
Speaker 2: Don't need no fuck Wow who yes, fuck.
Speaker 14: Sdly listening peep, mom, guys, hold on, you have to give this a shot.
Speaker 9: You have to hear a shot in the restaurant.
Speaker 10: Man she was married to the owner of the rest just told us that.
Speaker 13: Cobble, you're gonna listen to Dinah got a listen to me listening.
Speaker 7: This is very important.
Speaker 6: Just because you could get cobbled doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
Speaker 7: Because the way matter before he.
Speaker 2: Was a shoe was beautiful.
Speaker 7: Oh we were We were fucking in the walking.
Speaker 9: We should sing it.
Speaker 10: In the walking.
Speaker 1: Where are you going?
Speaker 7: Where are you going?
Speaker 4: I honestly, I can't believe she didn't remember that your husband was turning.
Speaker 10: That was like you guys.
Speaker 2: She's auditioning a lot. She's likely she's her standards.
Speaker 6: I'm levitating my milky way by something something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got you.
Speaker 7: Moonlight.
Speaker 2: You are my start light. I need you light.
Speaker 7: Come on, I'm danced with me. I'm levitating.
Speaker 10: Oh she's croque.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, it's croque.
Speaker 2: I would I would touch her, but I feel like a motibrations.
Speaker 10: Give her a.
Speaker 4: CPR.
Speaker 3: What do we have to do?
Speaker 1: Sing her alive?
Speaker 2: Did I lose my spuggety.
Speaker 10: Some my cake?
Speaker 2: Will I eat tomorrow from this left?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 7: My god, my bones.
Speaker 10: I feel I feel better.
Speaker 9: Wait, let's look at your knees.
Speaker 10: Look at my knees. Oh, there's still to smell.
Speaker 2: It's thick in the air.
Speaker 10: That knee.
Speaker 13: God.
Speaker 4: Oh tell Brenda Peters, I saw.
Speaker 10: Her with that guy.
Speaker 1: No, no, we know what we have to do.
Speaker 10: Five hundred twenty.
Speaker 5: Five thousand, six hundred, five hundred twenty five thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: The prop bullet prop bullet prop bullet cut.
Speaker 4: Answer the question. And that's why the college show was just you're for gust Chance.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that fat Chance. P h A T C h A N s E got some fun stuff coming up.
Speaker 9: He's writing musical. We'll link it you.
Speaker 4: Usual dynasty.
Speaker 1: Hashtagn is and it has a fake.
Speaker 9: Bullet cut prop bullet cut.
Speaker 10: Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Artists on Artistana Artists on Artists is an improvised Hollywood round table podcast created and hosted by Kylie Braakman, Jeremy Colhane, Angeli Gerraitana, and Patrick McDonald. It is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartMedia Podcasts. Executive produced by Matt Appadaca and produced by Alexandra Dennis and Laser Vision Productions. Music by Gabrielle Ponton and edited by Connor McCabe. Thunbnail art by Josh Florey and logo designed by Lucy Tomkowitz. Special thanks to Samuel Curtis, and the Beautiful Dynasty Typewriter Theater.
Speaker 4: The opinions expressed on this podcast do.
Speaker 3: Not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we don't know what the heck we're talking about. Full video versions of AOAOAOA are available on YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us five star reviews wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: That's all for now, good night, Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Uh