Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend, More of your phone calls coming up. Seaton's on the road with the French Kid. They're headed to New Orleans and the Mako Van. He's probably gonna call in and give us his best and worst of the weekend. So we got Fritzy the Minister of Humor, Dylan the graphics guys out here as a seat filler for Seaton.
Speaker 3: Seat Seaton seat.
Speaker 2: See what I did SCA, He did yes, and he's also handling the poll question duties. Also Marvin Paulie yours truly. We'll get to your phone calls. Best and Worst of the weekend and stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of this program. This first hour or second hour, Third hour brought to you by tire rack dot com. Official tire expert of the DP Show. Go to tirac dot com slash Dan the Tire Decision Guide, full lineup of goodyear tire special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tire rec dot com. The way tire buying should be all right Dylan the poll question from our two and what are we going with in hour three?
Speaker 4: So from hour two it was what were you reading for more Bill's Mafia win Super Bowl or Commanders to win Super Bowl one year after Dan Snyder sold the team, and sixty seven percent are saying Bill's Mafia okay. And then for our three, you can fix one the tush push or the chip in the football.
Speaker 3: Spot it properly. Okay.
Speaker 2: Let me bring back what Ross Tucker said in the first hour, because I had not heard this. There is a chip in the football. There's been there for four years. But I don't think they're ready for prime time to be able to spot the football correctly. But listen to what Ross Tucker had to say about trying to spot the ball even if you have a chip in the football.
Speaker 5: As far as the technology, so this is something that a lot of people don't know. And I saw Sam Schwarztein from Amazon post there's been a chip in the ball for four years, which is why they know a lot of the things they know about tracking and all that stuff. It's just it's very complicated. It's not tennis, okay, where it's a circular ball and you know you have that hawkeye vision, you can see where the ball goes.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: It's more complicated than that because even if you have the chip in the ball, it's not a sphere, it's an oblong ball.
Speaker 7: But you still need to know when the body.
Speaker 5: Part touches the ground right like the technology doesn't know if it's the shin or the knee or the forearm. That it's a much more complicated solution that I think most people.
Speaker 7: They've been working on it.
Speaker 5: Trust me, they are working on it, but it's a lot easier said than done.
Speaker 2: I had not heard that, and that is from a bright guy, Ross Tucker, and he brings up great points here that when does the knee go down or the arm go down?
Speaker 3: Four arm go down?
Speaker 2: You can have something in the football, but there's no chip on the player, so it's not as simply just have a chip in the football. I think the overhead camera is really what is needed, but overhead camera to see where the ball should be spotted, because to me, that's arbitrary, that's random. You know, you'll have an official on this side of the ball, an official on that side of the ball, and they're marking it differently, and it's not like you're three feet away, two feet away from that play where you go. Nope, that's exactly where it is. It just feels a little too arbitrary for me. All Right, phone calls, we'll get to those coming up. And we got our poll question. Seaton, I said, was on the road and the Mako van headed to New Orleans. Oh, better get makeo And Seaton said, Hey, I know Dylan's in my seat temporarily, but oh Dylan is Dylan's looking on as Seaton is driving.
Speaker 3: Oh there you are, Hey, can you hear me? Hey Dan, Hey Setan?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Keep your on the road, Keep your on the road.
Speaker 8: Is Nichols all the way? Good buddy?
Speaker 3: How how is driving with the French Kid?
Speaker 10: Great?
Speaker 8: Picked up right where we left off.
Speaker 11: The good news is Brendan's already split his pants.
Speaker 8: Uh the French.
Speaker 11: Kid stack at the hole in his pants. He's bending over to say hello to a dog and tore them to shreds.
Speaker 8: So that's awesome.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we're just making our way through, uh through New Jersey.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm listening to Fox Sports New Jersey, listening to the show. And that's the same show the same radio station that I used to listen to for snow days to find out if I was off to school or not.
Speaker 8: So that's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Well, today's kind of like a snow day. You get to, uh have off and off you go to New Orleans. Do you have a best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 11: As a matter of fact, I wish that I could remember them while I'm driving.
Speaker 8: Oh you know what.
Speaker 11: My worst of the weekend is the reps basically telling the commanders, if you guys don't play nicer, we're going to give the Eagles a touchdown.
Speaker 8: That is the lamest thing that's ever happened in the entire history of sport.
Speaker 11: Hey, if you guys keep doing that penalty, then we're just going to give them a touchdown because you guys aren't playing fair.
Speaker 8: I hated that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't realize it was a rule. As I'm watching it, I go, what are they going to do? Give them a touchdown? Hey, if you guys keep doing it, we're going to give them a touchdown.
Speaker 3: I go, damn, Yeah, Like what the heck?
Speaker 8: All right, I think they're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 3: Your worst of the weekend?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was my worst for the weekend.
Speaker 11: My even, Well, I guess my best of the weekend is the Reps also giving the Chiefs another win.
Speaker 8: That's fun too.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, Wow, people can follow along with you on the road trip at Danpatrick dot com.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, go to Patrick dot com and there's a link there to follow along.
Speaker 8: We're on our.
Speaker 11: Way to not Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Lancaster, Pennsylvania. There's a mako there that we're going to stop by. Then there's another one in Mechanicsburg that we're going to. Then we should end up tonight somewhere in like the Baltimore, Northern Virginia, Maryland area.
Speaker 3: Cool, all right, safe travels. Yeah, peep us up today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, see you guys.
Speaker 3: That's seton O'Connor on the road two more lands. Tad, did you give me a best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 12: I have not done that yet.
Speaker 3: How about we do it right now?
Speaker 13: My best of the weekend I went off the board a little bit. I went to see the film September five on Saturday with my wife about the seventy two Olympics in Munich. Subject matter obviously tragic and disturbing, but it was told in a compelling way with a lot of time in the con't TV control room, and journalistic decisions had to be made by a sports group of people that were handling all of a sudden hard news and I was fascinated by it and I recommend it. Worst Also inside, Cavaliers waste a thirty nine point Niners night from their point guard Darius Garland, dropping their third game in a row one thirty five one lost to the Rockets.
Speaker 3: Dylan best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, My best is Deion Sanders does not have to coach the Cowboys. Okay, it looks like a pretty good deal to me.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then worst, Uh, the city of New Orleans is going to miss out on having Bill's mafia takeover. And I think I think Bill's and Eagles fans both being there was the mess.
Speaker 3: We were all rooting for Marvin. How about you?
Speaker 15: My best at the weekend? Eagles running back Jalen Hurts. He had a Jerome Bettis type stat line ten rush's sixteen yards in three touchdowns, So good day for.
Speaker 2: Him listing him as a running back huh in this scenario, Yeskay, worse of the weekend. I watched this entire game. Steph Curry going scoreless against the Lakers Saturday night. No bueno in the second half. Yeah, well was in a second half That defense, that lockdown defense, if you say so. Paul beston Worst of the Weekend.
Speaker 16: James Cook, the running back for the Bills. That second half touchdown run where he got hit, put his hand down and reached out now goes into the ether sports. That would have been one of the great moments, if not the greatest, of the season. Individual plays as the Bills go to the Super Bowl, kind of said, really good player. I was going to go with the Washington Commanders tight end zach Ertz. He was targeted sixteen times, eleven catches, one hundred and four yards. Zach Ertz is one of those guys who felt like he was entering that Travis Kelcey Echelon maybe six or seven years ago. Three straight Pro Bowls and then he got let go, went to Arizona. He's Hall of guys I'd like to have on my team. M very good player.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I saw the movie That's got the most nominations I think thirteen Amelia Parrez and I all this just because it was recommended, and I said, okay, here's the premise of Amelia Parez, nominated for a whole lot of Academy Awards. It's a drug lord who is transitioning, and it's a it's a musical. Every drug lord transitioning musical, something new.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those where you want now.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was a good movie at all, but but I did watch the whole thing. Selena Gomez is in it, Zoe Saldono, I think, is nominated for an Academy Award, the lead actress is nominated as well, it's for Best Picture. I think it's one of those you keep watching and you go it's gonna get better.
Speaker 3: But I did like the premise.
Speaker 2: If you said it wasn't a musical, but there's a drug lord trying to hide and he's going to transition. This this is just a drug lord who's transitioning, who has kids and then all of a sudden decides once to come back into their lives.
Speaker 3: Yes, point.
Speaker 16: You know how sometimes movies get a lot of pub and a lot of awards, and then you go see them and you're disappointed. Do you think if you were to stumble down to this movie.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Because I said to my wife, I said, look, I'm going to talk about this on the show. I want you to watch it. I told her the premise and then she said the same A musical. I said yeah, And so she watched it and she said it was just okay, strange, but thought Selena Gomez was really good. I go, okay, but you wouldn't have put it up for Best Picture. And maybe it's the favorite. I have no idea, but I'm watching that and I'm going, all right, sometimes I did. Maybe those movies are way over my pay grade. Maybe I'm not smart enough to understand them.
Speaker 13: Yes to how was the music portion of it in and of itself?
Speaker 12: You play that in the card driving around the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: No, this is where they just instead of saying the dialogue, they sing the dialogue.
Speaker 12: Just always corny.
Speaker 2: And I guess it's not like it's not a musical, like they had some drug dealer. Yeah, just it's not. You have to kind of watch it to go, oh my god. I didn't know it was a musical. And then all of a sudden, somebody's singing and they're in a doctor's office. So you say, there is a chance he might die unless.
Speaker 13: I came away two hundred pounds of cocaine.
Speaker 2: Here we go hard now, Yeah, jazz hands, We've got a kil How much is it worth?
Speaker 3: That's terrible, It's but maybe you want to watch it. I don't know.
Speaker 16: You're not recommending.
Speaker 3: I'm not recommending.
Speaker 2: I'm probably not painting a great picture there of Amelia Pere Yes, Marvin, So you.
Speaker 7: Would have like it without the music?
Speaker 3: No, but it would have helped a little bit.
Speaker 2: I thought that the drug lord was transitioning to hide, but I don't know. Once again, it got great reviews and it's one of the top movies of the year.
Speaker 16: Yes, it seems like musical dramas or comedies do very well in Hollywood and the award shows at Chicago and La La Land and those types of shows. They seemed to mulin rouge. They do very well at the award shows.
Speaker 2: Dan Interviews Dan That'll be a week from Wednesday in New Orleans at Tippatina's. Information on tickets can be found Dan Patrick dot com and across our social media platforms. Robin Ohio, Hi Rob, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 17: Second time Long Time nine and a fast Scene one sixty five.
Speaker 10: The best of the weekend.
Speaker 17: I'm pund the Dead Dance Club, So me and my dad raised you on the chief. So I'm happy to be going for a three peet and that's my connection with him for life. And uh, my worst of the weekend is the social media with the conspiracy theories of how we're getting cheated or you know, the rest are cheating for us.
Speaker 3: But I had two calls.
Speaker 18: I want you to get a perspective on what was the reason.
Speaker 17: For Starn McDermott to call a time out on the catch of all Worthy And I feel like that helped them get more time on the clock for Josh out letting them to go down the fure to score a test.
Speaker 2: Back wake through the challenge flag because I wanted to see if they would reverse it.
Speaker 10: But first I remember it was a holding call on Kelsey. So the deepest of home call. Why did they challenge me?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, but thanks for the phone call. Dan in Pennsylvania. Hi Dan, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hi Dan?
Speaker 19: Checking in with a best investor. So I was the one that got pied by Ross over the weekend, definitely a best of the weekend. Ross is a great guy and I can confirm that I told him.
Speaker 9: To let me have it.
Speaker 19: But to have you ask about me to Ross this morning is the bester of the year.
Speaker 9: So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you. Dan lost to bet. Dan thought Notre Dame would win a national title within three years, and he took pies the last two years and then took one this weekend. Ross did the honors of smashing him in the face with a pie. Chris in Kansas, Hi, Chris, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: A Hi? Dan? First time six happy happy victory Monday. My best is after fifty years of futility and disappointment Kansas City, hearing the historic opportunity to get three p many people will for you. We had fifty years and now the bills are going through the same thing. I feel bad for Bill's mafia. First the O for Jim Kelly era, in the twenty years that Brady Belichick and now in the midst of the Mahomes era that you can take Staalis does mafia? Your time will come.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the phone call, Chris. I'm sure you lifted up the spirits of those fan bases that are still looking for a super Bowl.
Speaker 16: Yes, Paul, the Chiefs beat the Vikings in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yes four, super Bowl four. Yeah, that was Lenny Dawson, Thanks Stram. They lost the first Super Bowl to the Green Bay Packers. Got roughed up on that one. But this is quite a run. I'm not chiefed out because I maybe the stuff that off the field. That's where we're chiefed out. Every commercial you're gonna have Taylor Swift, Andy Reid, Patrick Mahon, Holmes, Travis Kelce Kelsey podcast with his brother when they get on the field. I'm not chief dowled because I am watching a dynasty. Now you can say, are they getting help? I thought the spot was wrong on Josh Allen. You know the worthy call. You know, so there is. That's why I was rooting for the referees. I wanted them to have a mistake free game so we wouldn't be talking about this. But this is what we're going to be talking about for a while. Nick Wright, Kansas City Chiefs fan. He will join us on the program coming up tomorrow. We'll take a break. More phone calls right after this Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 6: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's.
Speaker 3: Going on in the world.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 3: I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 6: So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show. Just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for analysts who made predictions that the Eagles were going to go to the super Bowl because if you would have said in the off season, hey, the Eagles are your pick, well, I would have said, good luck with that. They lost their coordinators. Coordinators got fired, the coach held on to his job. There was friction between the quarterback and the coach. You're bringing in Saquon Barkley. Is that the right move to make? And we saw how that played out. It still came back to they have the best offensive and defensive line in football. As far as one team who has the best offensive and defensive line, it's Philadelphia. Jalen Hurts played great yesterday. I keep saying, almost see him in a big moment. Can he win by passing the football? And maybe that's not fair to him, but you know, we ask this of all these other quarterbacks. You want to see your quarterback play at a high level. And we've seen Mahomes do it, we saw Lamar Jackson do it. Josh Allen now not necessarily in the postseason. But this is what it comes down to, these big games. He was great last Super Bowl. Now you got Saquon bar I mean, they have tons weapons they do. You got really good wide receivers, tight end, and you got Saquon Barkley. They're hitting home runs. And then you've got a really good defensive team as well, certainly a really good defensive line. But there are a lot of people who are on the ounce with the Philadelphia Eagles. When this season started. What are the poll results there, Dylan for the final hour of the program.
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, so you can fix one the chip in the football to spot the ball or the tush push. Sixty one percent of people are picking the chip. Okay, like to see a little more accuracy.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's random when you spot the football. It just doesn't feel as scientific as maybe we would like. But as Ross Tucker said, a chip in the football is not going to change that because you've got to have a chip in the player, which would be weird that everybody's got chips put in them. But you know your knee or your elbow, your arm, you know what hit first, and so I think we'd love to have the modern technology. I just think of using the skycam to look down can give you almost an exact that's where he went down. If you're coming in from the side, it just that feels a little more random. It looks random if you go up top and you look down, it feels like you could really spot that correctly.
Speaker 16: Yes, poem, I think what bothered people, like what you said about a sky judge or a replay. There was replay on the Josh Allen fourth downplay, and if you look from the top, I think people expected replay to clean it up. You can understand one ref being eight inches different than another ref and where they spotted. But once you look at that top shot which they had available, we showed it, they didn't fix it. I think that bothers people just as much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if you have it, use it and get it right. And once again, I'm not rooting for anybody. I was rooting so they wouldn't, you know, screw up any calls. I just wanted it to be correct. That was it, whatever the game came down to, as long as the officials didn't play a role with Kansas City, because I knew that it was going to be a topic and a topic going into next week. All the Chiefs get all the calls. They're a great team, you know, Patriots get all the calls, got all the calls as well. By the way, I haven't heard anybody upset that Bradley Cooper got a lot of airtime yesterday, Right, didn't hear that Taylor Swift all the shore, all the time, Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 3: Nobody had a problem with that. Why is that? Huh? Yes, Marman.
Speaker 15: Now, if Bradley Cooper starts going to Eagles games on a regular basis, would he become Taylor Swift?
Speaker 7: Like, oh my gosh, I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: Of I think he might be there more than you think because he lives in New York, easy to go to Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: He's been their guy for a while. Yeah, like celebrity representative for a bit.
Speaker 3: Well, silver lining playbook, he plays an Eagle fan.
Speaker 4: Slinging cheese steaks in New York now too, I believe Yeah, he opened it. He opened a cheese steak place where he's cooking. Yeah, yes, really, yeah, I didn't know that. I've seen him out with his daughter in the city. But yeah, they showed a lot of a lot of Bradley Cooper there. Ooh who do they show more Bradley Cooper or Taylor Swift at the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: What if they happened to be in the same suite? Oh no, yeah, yes.
Speaker 16: Paully, Bradley Cooper and a gentleman named Danny Gig Gombarento opened Danny and Coop's, a cheeseteak restaurant in Alphabet City, neighborhood of New York City January twenty twenty five, just weeks ago. Well, Bradley Cooper was spotted serving customers there.
Speaker 2: Oh, but that's probably one of those promotional I'm here. It's not like he's down on his life now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I shift work and I think he's dating Gig Hadid, the uh, the supermodel, I think.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 16: You know what's bothersome about him? He has to dress so down to not be good looking.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know he did that yesterday. It's like I'm gonna dress like I'm an Eagles fan.
Speaker 16: Yeah, seems likable though, slinging cheese steaks.
Speaker 3: When we had him on the show, he was really good. Yeah yeah, yes, Todd.
Speaker 12: Josh Drew Milch tried to pull that too.
Speaker 13: Whether he's wearing a hat, or he's not clean shaven, or he looks like he just rolled out of bed.
Speaker 12: He's still much hotter than most of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you to Yeah, Luke and Charlotte.
Speaker 16: Hi most of us like most of us in this room or Earth.
Speaker 3: Most of us on earth, the planet. Yes, yeah, Hi Luke.
Speaker 20: And I've been following this college football story for the past week and I'm wondering if you have any insight. So I think it's fascinating. I'm player Xavier Lucas, who who tried to transfer from Wisconsin to Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the school.
Speaker 20: Wouldn't let him in the transfer portal, which first thing I don't think a lot of people knew was a thing. They said that he signed a two year in il agreement, which I mean, when you think about it, that's not really with the school. So does the school actually have any power to enforce that? And then at the end, he just says, all right, they'll screw you, I don't need you and unenrolls and enrolls in Miami and now everyone's thinking, Okay, is the transfer portal even real? I'm just wondering, what the what do you think that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Lead to I haven't followed up on it, Luke, and I should, but you know, I can reach out to my college football sources and I ask about this, but I wanted to go into portal and they said, you've got a contract. You got to live up to that contract. And then he says, all right, I'm just leaving school and I'm gonna enroll in Miami. Yes, BALLI.
Speaker 16: It's confusing, but it appears he did not go in the portal and he can transfer to whatever school he wants. He just didn't do the proper nca paperwork to do. So what could be a hiccup for him is when he gets to Miami and tries to file new nil paperwork with the NCAA. Will they or will they not approve it because they didn't follow the rules?
Speaker 2: Okay, Dani in Wisconsin, Hi, Dan, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 21: Dan?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 22: This is Dan five ten and a half point eighty five. Hey, I've got a Super Bowl redemption quandary slash scenario for you. So, back in twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, when Eagles won the Super Bowl last Carson Wentz got injured that season going into the playoffs, Nick Foles took over won the Super Bowl for them, but Carson Wentz had that team rolling. Now who is the backup quarterback for the Kansas City.
Speaker 3: Chief Carson went went Yeah.
Speaker 22: So go is there a scenario where Patrick Mahomes somehow gets knocked out of that game? I don't not wishing any injury on him. He gets a concussion, gets knocked out of the game, Carson Wentz takes over, leads them to the Promised Land, he gets his redemption. I'm just saying, Dylan maybe wants to put some money on Super Bowl MVP odds for Carson Wentz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Dylan is not opposed to having stupid prop bets, So thank you, Dan.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So we're looking at what would the MVP odds for Carson Wentz in Super Bowl fifty nine. We'll get to the prop bets later this week. Dylan and Shan Irving bad Larry, we'll have their bets for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dale, I've got the line on Carson Wentz plus fifteen thousand, one hundred and fifty to one. Okay, that's not as long as you might think. So you're saying there's a chance, saying I might sprinkle on it all right. James in Virginia, Hey, James.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you for taking my call. Brother. Happy Monday, DP daring it. Salute the command, and you.
Speaker 3: Can let the paint out. You can let the paint.
Speaker 10: Out, I'll say, man, in the moment. It was tough yesterday because you really felt like they had a chance going into the game to build up. Philly wasn't playing the best ball. Washington was on a roll a tear.
Speaker 3: But you just said they not we.
Speaker 10: I'm not, you know, I changed. I'm not a Wee guy anymore. I'm a fan because I choose to be a fan. But for my own personal health and wellness, I had to get away from the Wei after the two thousand and eight season when they started seventy to two and missed the playoffs. And I was really, you know, looking at my fan, I'm like, what am I gonna do? So I got away from Wee and went today. But I'm a still huge Burgundy and Golds fan. I was telling Tyler, you know, when you look at the season as a whole, you couldn't helped to be so happy for Washington fans. Just a great year, fourteen wins, littered with moments. The Monday night in Cincinnati, the Hail Mayor against the Bears, five game winning streak, the end of the year, adding seven games total winning streak to get to an NFC title game. And then Jaden is probably the best quarterback in the NFC right now. And going forward they have ninety million in cap space, eight draft picks, and you got to love with Peters and Quinn have built and what they're going to continue to build. So you know me, man always glass half full, so excited for the future. For all Washington fans, we can rejoice again. Jaden Daniels is the man, and I appreciate you always giving me the tie in DP. Y'all have a great day, gentlemen. To Luke the Commanders, thank you.
Speaker 3: James.
Speaker 2: James sounds better than I thought he would. But it's not glass half full or half empty. It's three quarters full with James, yes, Martin.
Speaker 15: And when you're the Commanders or Commander's fan, you just want to lose without the heartbreak. You don't want a heartbreaking loss. If you ask a Falcons fan, what's worse the loss against the Broncos or loss against the pay in the Super Bowl obviously the one that gets to the Patriots. So you know, as long as they they weren't up twenty eight three, he's all good.
Speaker 2: Let's look at Patrick Mahomes's pace compared to Tom Brady's pace. At Brady, I think had three super Bowls by the time he was twenty eight, Yes, and then there was a long drought of about eight years.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Brady had a Super Bowl at age twenty four, twenty six, twenty seven, and then between two thousand and five and twenty thirteen super Bowl appearances, no Super Bowl victories. So he had three before the age of twenty eight. Mahomes right now is at three super Bowls before the age of twenty nine. Let's not assume, but let's say he gets one more, he will have four before thirty, which is one more than Brady. And I don't think anyone could picture a eight year drought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but nobody could picture an eight year drought for Brady, right.
Speaker 16: But the pace will be better if he gets if Mahomes gets one more.
Speaker 3: Griffin and Cincinnati, Hi Griff, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Dan, dan Uts and Dylan.
Speaker 23: Best and Worst of the weekend. Best of the weekend, I was able to raise some money for a scholarship in my dad's name. We actually beat our initial goal, and to do so, I decided to do an eating challenge, eating a combination of eight pounds of Cincinnati style chili, spaghetti, cheese, and jalapino caps. Worst of the weekend, Dan, I only ate three pounds and nine ounces of that, and it was not a great look him for the bottle movements.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dan, Thank you, griff. I didn't need that. I just assumed, then just ass assumed.
Speaker 12: Then we just slid into his BM.
Speaker 3: I think, all right, okay, that's not bad, not bad.
Speaker 12: What's in a while? I surprise you?
Speaker 2: You sure that was yours? Did Dylan say that? Maybe privately he.
Speaker 12: Did not, But that is something that I would expect that.
Speaker 3: Okay, I are you guys?
Speaker 2: Where do you stand on the Matthew McConaughey commercials. They're often, yeah, a little too often.
Speaker 16: The one where shockingly as a Bears fan, where he imitates Dit cut and gets into character as Mike Dicka. That's pretty fun. He seemed to be having fun with it.
Speaker 3: This is what happens for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I think if you watch and you don't watch network coverage of a game, and during the regular season, you're watching the Red Zone, you don't see the commercials during the games. But when you watch a standalone game, then you start to see these commercials over and over and over. People are probably watching yesterday and going come they show this a lot. Well, we're not used to see and if you're watching on the Red Zone, you know you're seeing Uber Eats, you're seeing Mahomes commercial, where Kelsey commercial, and now you're seeing these because you're watching a standalone game where.
Speaker 3: You have to watch the commercials. Yes, Todd, I was.
Speaker 13: A surprised McConaughey was so against that big thing a shrip that they brought. While the pouring rain is coming down and he pushes the plate away. He seems very upset that the waiter got it wrong, that he doesn't eat a whole thing of shrimp with cocktails.
Speaker 12: Trying to analyze that much.
Speaker 3: That's the Woody Harrelson. Yes, is that Uber Eats? What is that?
Speaker 13: I think it's some app or something where so you don't get your restaurant, something wrong with where you're going and your reservation or something like that where they can't screw up.
Speaker 2: See if we don't even know what the commercial is, are they doing the job other than we know what.
Speaker 3: It looks like?
Speaker 16: The other ones are Uber eats.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they're selling, Like when he's getting dressed in a picture window and Woody Harrelson walks by and goes you know, I can see you. I don't know what he's selling.
Speaker 4: And they're all Uber Eats, aren't they Okay?
Speaker 3: I don't know. With McConaughey, I think they're just okay.
Speaker 2: But why would you have a commercial where Matthew ecconaughey's sitting outside in the rain. If you want to have him where he's outside, or he's you know, covered, a car goes by, hits the puddle and splashes him. Okay, that could be realistic. Not Hey, I'm sitting outside. They brought me something that I didn't want, and there's Woody Harrelson across the way and he says, come on over here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paulin.
Speaker 16: That ad is for a company called Agent Force, which I know very little about. Shockingly, it's something to do with human and AI compatibility.
Speaker 24: A hey, ah, it just doesn't make any sense that you'd be outside in the rain and all of a sudden you get splashed, and then Woody Harrelson's laughing over there and saying, why don't you come over here?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I was thinking about that commercial too, because McConaughey's got to be pretty costly to get into an ad. But at what point does his agent or the people say, you're the guy sitting in rain for twenty takes? Because he seems like he would have a refusal there.
Speaker 2: I think you would have a rewrite on the script and say, wait, no, no, I shouldn't be in the rain. Somebody can come by and splash the puddle when it goes on me.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dally did.
Speaker 4: Did he get dropped from Lincoln? Those were.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe he helped them sell a lot of Lincolns that they don't need him anymore.
Speaker 4: They're like, you've done, You've done your duty. Here, move on to Uberts.
Speaker 2: Those were so McConaughey esque that it worked where he's staring at the bowl in the road, like, you know, they didn't really make sense, but with McConaughey they kind of did.
Speaker 16: Less. Let's got one lane that too. You don't even know what it means. His last Lincoln ad was twenty twenty four, dam.
Speaker 3: I could find Oh, well then that's just last year.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show days at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Of reaction feedback on Dylan sitting in for Seaton, it's been okay, kind of favorable.
Speaker 3: Kind of I'll take okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh, you did a pretty good job first day sitting in the seat. And you'll be here all week long. I'm here all week long, and you'll be doing the pole questions. Yeah, I'll be here all week Yeah, tippy waitresses, thank you, Tom Todd. Todd likes to come up with things that he's curious about things, but they're things that we've already talked about on the show the time at least. So Marvin's talking about the Lakers, he watched the Lakers Golden State, and then Marvin's talking talking about Dalton connect they're a rookie out of Tennessee. And then he says, you know, it's ageism. If he was eighteen coming out of Tennessee, he'd have been a top five pick. But the fact that he's twenty three. You know, they took him a little bit later on in the first round. And then Todd goes, which Dalton Connect's number? Like it's not four?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Connect four? I go Todd. We've talked about this before.
Speaker 12: Popular Game, growing up with the Red and Black check.
Speaker 3: We said this when he was at Tennessee that far back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I should listen to the show What's that would have been funny back then.
Speaker 3: But but you say it in a way like you just came up with it. Oh my god, you're a genius.
Speaker 12: I repurpose things, and I'm like, I got an idea in the middle.
Speaker 3: That's called a callback and it's called stealing.
Speaker 15: Yes, Marvin, you know how badly I wanted to say eleven guess.
Speaker 7: Whatever he wore.
Speaker 2: Richard in Colorado's Springs. Hey Richard, Hey Dan.
Speaker 21: First time all are a longtime listener.
Speaker 3: How are you great?
Speaker 21: So a lot of people talking about boycotting this super Bowl because everyone's you know, talking about it's rigged and the Chiefs. I already have my Chiefs super Bowl when futures bet in, So I'm clear on that because I already know it's rigged.
Speaker 10: They're going to get this repeat.
Speaker 9: I get it.
Speaker 21: Don't have to confuse me. But my question to you is what bets do you like to do? Do you like to do long shot bet or or none?
Speaker 3: None? None?
Speaker 2: Zero, Richard, I've talked about this. I went cold Turkey many many, many years ago.
Speaker 3: I do not bet.
Speaker 2: I do like to watch people bet, but I do not bet.
Speaker 16: Yes, Paul, if the NFL and the reps were rigged to get the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, why would they give Josh Allen the ball back with three and a half minutes and three timeouts. That would not be how I would fix the game.
Speaker 2: But if they know you don't like the Chiefs, then they're going to rig it so you'll watch the Super Bowl because maybe you'll watch the Chiefs lose. Is that what the philosophy is of this so called conspiracy. I'd say the NFL did a poor job of rigging that game because Buffalo had a chance to win that game. Mike and Dallas, I Mike, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: More in Dallas?
Speaker 8: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 14: Sure I got to take on the Bradley Cooper Taylor Swift idea. Okay, Bradley Cooper was born and raised in the Philadelphia area and has been a lifelong Eagles fan, just as Mike Trout grew up in Millville is also an Eagles fan. You see him at the Eagles games all the time. I doubt Taylor Swift ever watched a KC game before she started dating Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Well, she grew up in Pennsylvania, so she might be an Eagles fan, or dad might be an Eagles fan. And you're right, she probably wasn't a Chiefs fan until she started dating Travis Kelcey. And maybe somebody will ask her about that. Did you grow up an Eagles fan or your brother an Eagles fan? Your parents an Eagles fan? I don't know. I'm not going to get too caught up in it to say it. John and Minnesota, Hi John, what's on you mine?
Speaker 9: Hey? Dan?
Speaker 18: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 18: As far as the games go, I think it seems like most of America wanted to a Build Commander Super Bowl, But oddly enough, the ratings they're going to be better with the Chiefs. They think, that's my first thing, and then my second thing. Is there a quarterback that has a ten or twelve year stretch that compares to Mahomes seven year stretch. Even if he doesn't win in two.
Speaker 2: Weeks, I'd have to look at the number. I mean, you're talking about winning super Bowls. There aren't that many quarterbacks who have won more than two. And the number of times he's been to the Super Bowl, number of times that he's been to the AFC title Game, and that's a remarkable stretch.
Speaker 3: Yeamp Home.
Speaker 16: Joe Montana won four Super Bowls in a ten year span.
Speaker 3: Okay, and he only went to four. I mean he was four for four.
Speaker 2: See, he gets pushed down the list a little bit because it used to be Joe and then it was Brady and then Joe and now here's Mahomes. So it feels like it's Brady Mahomes and now it's Joe Montana.
Speaker 15: Yes, Marv, it is amazing the fact that he got to four Super Bowls because those Bears teams, those Vikings teams, the Redskins, the Giants, they were all in the NFC really good at the same time. Yeah, I'm sorry, four super Bowls and that era seems crazy impressive.
Speaker 3: This stay in sports history, Paul.
Speaker 16: Let's see Carl Lewis eighty four broke his own record in the long jump. Wayne Gretzky had a streak of fifty one games of scoring and oh this is a great one. Nineteen ninety one, Whitney Houston sang the Star Spangled Banner at Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: XXV, best Star Spangled banner rendition ever, having been there in person for that. Incredible, incredible Let's go around the room. What we learned on the program?
Speaker 3: Ty'd you learn anything today?
Speaker 13: I did, as Pauli mentioned, just like when we remember a lot more what Marshall fuck did as a ram than a cult.
Speaker 12: That will likely happen with Saquan as an eagle, not a giant.
Speaker 3: Dylan, what did you learn today? There's already a chip in the ball? Yes there is, Marvin, What did you learn.
Speaker 7: Our intern Anthony replaced Dylan easily.
Speaker 3: Yes he did, Pauli.
Speaker 16: Dylan's wearing mohair.
Speaker 3: Todd, what did I learn?
Speaker 13: Ross Tucker says, even with the chip and the ball, the technology doesn't know what part of the body hit the ground and exactly when.
Speaker 2: That's Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At MAKO, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint chops like collision repairs get a free estimate today.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, better get mako.
Speaker 2: Julian Edelman on the program tomorrow, as well as Nick Wright from Fox Sports One.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. Have a great day everybody. We'll talk to you tomorrow