Speaker 1: It is Monday, October thirteenth. This is the morning. There was a remarkable moment that played out on Sunday Morning television. George Stephanopholis dismissed the Vice President of the United States JD. Vans. George Stefanopholis is a person of integrity who for many years has laid out for the American people the vital issues of the moment of the hour and asked tough questions. There are very few people who have done this. Now, let's watch the exchange. George.
Speaker 2: I saw media reports that Tom Holman accepted a bribe. There's no evidence of that. And here's George, why fewer and fewer people watch your program and why you're losing credibility because you're talking for now five minutes with the Vice President of the United States about this story regarding Tom holm and a story that I've read about, but I don't even know the video that you're talking about. Meanwhile, low income women can't get food because the Democrats and Chuck Schumer have shut down the government. Right now, we're trying to figure out how to pay our troops because Chuck Schumer has shut down the government. You were focused on a bogus story. You're insinuating criminal wrongdoing against a guy who has done nothing wrong, instead of focusing on the fact that our country is struggling because our government's shut down. Let's talk about the real issues, George. I think the American people would benefit much more from that than from you going down some weird left wing rabbit hole where the facts clearly show that Tom Holman didn't engage in any criminal wrongdoing.
Speaker 3: It's not a weird left wing rabbit hole. I didn't insinuate anything. I asked you whether Tom Holman accepted fifty thousand dollars, as was heard on an audio tape recorded by the FBI in September twenty twenty four, and you did not answer the question. Thank you for your time this morning. Noor I said that I don't up next.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. Jd. Vance believes that, Hey, no big deal. The man running America's secret police, Hey, he deserves a little extra extra. So when he got a bag with fifty thousand dollars in cash to facilitate contracts so that when his men capture brown people, they can be what's the word for it. I think that's the word sold to a private contractor to a private prison where they're detained before maybe some contractor maybe one that put a little bit of cash into the pile for Tom Homan ships them off to Africa in our name. And make no mistake, this is happening all over the world. And so because Tom Homan is the head of a force of thugs, is a little bit different than the Democratic congressman who got caught with seventy grand in his refrigerator, or even Senator Menendez, who Chuck Schumer called a great public servant, who was caught with goal bars sewn inside of his suit jackets, a center facing another realm of Indians. Is it time for resignment?
Speaker 4: It's not time to get a look the bottom line. As I've said, the Senate has certain standards that we must live up to. I am very disappointed that Center Menendez has not lived up to those standards. Revision beginning, why are you okay with him serving in your caucus, sitting on committees, attending classified briefings. So he's been charged with bribery, conspiracy, instruction of justice. As I've said, Senate has standards. We should all be living up to those standards. I'm deeply disappointed that Center Menndez has.
Speaker 1: Not Tom Homan. He's taking the cash to arrange for the capture of Brown people and their effective sale to private prison contractors. See the difference. Bribery and extortion is always bad, but in the case of Tom Homan, well, it's particularly a pregious but jd Vance who is a product of political corruption, the sugar baby of Peter Tiel. Jd Vance whose career was sponsored by a very strange billionaire with a fetish for the Antichrist. Not making this up. Who he thinks may be Greta Thunberg, also not making it up. But in any rate, it's that weirdo who put forty or fifty or sixty million into jd Vance helping make him a senator before Donald Trump Junior, also known as Zude, picked him to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. And so jd Vance, who has no experience, is personally very bizarre. Who is strident, belligerent, unaccomplished Vance, Well, he doesn't think it's right to be asked about out the bribery and corruption of the Trump administration that he's such a part of. That's not a real issue. Not according to JD. Vance the real issue, well, as always, it's something he's pretending. Then someone is doing something to Trump. Do you remember JD. Vance in the Oval Office with Zolanski.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the kind of diplomacy that's going to end the destruction of your country. Yes, but if you President, with respect, I think it's disrespectful for you to come into the Oval Office to try to litigate this in front of the American media. Right now, you guys are going around and forcing conscripts to the front lines because you have manpower problems. You should be thinking, the president for any to bring it into this county.
Speaker 1: Them into Ukraine, that do you say, what problems we have? I have been to well come one.
Speaker 2: I've actually I've actually watched and seen the stories, and I know what happens is you bring people, you bring them on a propaganda tour. Mister President, are do you disagree that you've had problems bringing people in your military? Do you think that this respectful allots to come to the Oval Office of the United States of America and attack the administration that is trying to prevent the destruction of your country.
Speaker 1: That was a performance He's trying to impress Trump's the daddy he never had JD. He's the type of hillbilly who is nurturing on his memaw's hit till he was eight or nine years old, if you know what I mean. But at any rate, he has found a psychological comfort as a ex officio member of the Trump family from their Appalachian wing and as a family member, JD. Vance has to lie with the best of them. And so that's the setup for what you see. And George Stephanopolis just lays it out there, doesn't He in the moment makes clear I did nothing of this sort. It would have been great if he headed you, Jackass. I asked you the question, you didn't answer the question. Good day to you. It's a clinic on how it should be done. And so let's watch the full exchange.
Speaker 3: The White House borders are. Tom Homan was recorded on an FBI surveillance tape in September twenty twenty four accepting fifty thousand dollars in cash. Did he keep that money or give it back?
Speaker 2: George, you've covered the story ad nauseum. Tom Holman did not take a bribe. It's a ridiculous smear and the reason you guys are going after Tom Holman so aggressively, is because he's doing the job of enforcing the law. I think it's really preposterous. I know Tom, I think that he's a good man. He gets death threats, he gets attacked, he gets constantly threatened by people because he has the audacity to want to enforce the country's immigration laws. I think that it would be a much more interesting story about why is it that Tom Holman, who is simply enforcing Americans immigration laws, is getting constantly harassed and threatened to the point of death threats. That's a much more interesting question that I think journalists should focus on. We could agree to disagree on that question.
Speaker 3: Well, you said he didn't take a bribe, but I'm not sure you answered the question. Are you saying that he did not accept the fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: George, This story has been covered ad nauseum. He did not take a bribe? Did he accept fifty thousand dollars? I'm sure that in the course of Tom Holman's life he has been paid more than fifty thousand dollars for services. The question is did he do something illegal? And there's absolutely no evidence to Tom Holmans taking different questions. I'm asking did he why is working in the administration?
Speaker 3: I'm asking you did he accept the fifty thousand dollars that was caught on the surveillance Say? Did he accept that fifty thousand dollars or not?
Speaker 2: George, I don't know what you're talking about. Did he accept fifty thousand dollars for what.
Speaker 3: He was recorded on an audio tape in September twenty twenty four, an FBI surveillance tape accepting fifty thousand dollars in cash? Did he keep that money?
Speaker 2: Accepting fifty thousand dollars for doing what? George, I'm not even sure I understand the question. Is it a crime? Even the far left media like yourself. So I'm actually not sure what the precise question is. Did he accept fifty thousand dollars? Honestly, George, I don't know the answer to that question. What I do know is that he didn't violate a crime.
Speaker 3: So what was caught on the tape? You're saying right now, you don't know whether or not he kept that money.
Speaker 2: I don't know what tape you're referring to. George. I saw media reports that Tom Holman accepted a bribe. There's no evidence of that. And here's George, why fewer and fewer people watch your program and why you're losing credibility because you're talking for now five minutes with the Vice President of the United States about this story regarding Tom holm and a story that I've read about, but I don't even know the video that you're talking about. Meanwhile, low income women can't get food because the Democrats and Chuck Schumer have shut down the government. Right now, we're trying to figure out how to pay our troops because Chuck Schumer has shut down the government. You were focused on a bogus story. You're insinuating criminal wrongdoing against a guy who has done nothing wrong, instead of focusing on the fact that our country is struggling because our government's shut down. Let's talk about the real issues, George. I think the American people would benefit much more from that than from you going down some weird left wing rabbit hole where the facts clearly show that Tom Holman didn't engage in any criminal wrongdoing.
Speaker 3: It's not a weird left wing rabbit hole. I didn't insinuate anything. I asked you whether Tom Holman accepted fifty thousand dollars, as was heard on an audio tape recorded by the FBI in September twenty twenty four. And you did not answer the question thank you for your time this morning? No organ I said that I don't up next We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that this is not something that's overly exceptional, but man, oh man, is it rare? The lack of tolerance for being lied to, for being abused. And what George Stephanoflos seems to understand in this instant is that he's a cakekeeper. Behind him is his audience. And on Sunday morning, they tuned in not to be insulted, not to be assaulted, but to be informed. And you can question if the most productive way to go about informing yourself is to watch a Sunday morning show. But on this Sunday morning on ABC, George Steffanopholis did at old school. He asked the question and there was no theatrics, any plain old common sense thinking adult could see question was clear. The answer was evasive. It was a version of JD Vance belligerently saying go f yourself, And George Stefanopfholis said, no, thanks, not today now here's the question, what's Bob Iger going to do when the White House calls and threatens him today? Is it the end times for George Stefanopholis. Will we have a repeat of the flirtation with cowardice that we saw with Jimmy Kemmel. What act of thuggery is coming ABC for George stephanophilis daring to ask a question and daring to say you didn't answer it. Well, we'll find out soon enough. But until then, it was a good day because finally someone drew a line and held it regarding one of the most prolific liars in the whole Trump regime. So it's good for you and good for George Stephanopholis and ABC News for doing what they ought to be doing seven days a week and twice on Sunday. This is the warning. I'm Steve Schmidt. This is the warning. I invite you to join this community where I promise to be honest, blunt and direct about what is happening in this country. America is in crisis. Follow and subscribe to this channel and on substack. Thank you