Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio podcast. All Right, so we're having a special wind Down gifting episode because it's very close to the holidays. You've got a few weeks left to get some presents for people that you love, and if you have no idea what to give the people you love, we have got some ideas. We've got some reviews, and we've been using these products since they have been delivered to our house and we're going to break it down. So let's first start with the pillow because I have a beef to pick with Alan. He has been trying to find the best pillow. I mean, I feel like you have a very you have a love hate relationship with pillows. Is that fair in saying that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like I need something that's not too firm but not too soft on my head just sinks in there. Because I'm asleep. I sleep with my arm underneath me, right, and that's crazy looking thinking of allows me to put my arm underneath without my neck raising too much.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Thera Hero pillow. It's one hundred and twelve dollars. It says it helps you fall asleep faster, alleviate neck and back pain. It also aligns your neck and spine. So I feel like this is one of those gifts that you'd give to your parent if they're having some neck problems. So great, it's I think it's a great dad gift if you're looking for a great dad gift. It's called the Thera Hero Pillow. But my my beef with you, Alan is I still have like, are we committing to the pillow? Are we not committing to it? Because it's it was it was on the bed and it was sitting on the chair, and then you have another pillow that's sitting on another chair, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I have your two behind Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I feel like it's I need, I need.
Speaker 2: To do well when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks for following that up. So my I'm wondering if we should pick a pillow. Is this the pillow that you're going to pick?
Speaker 3: You're wondering whether we should pick a pillow. It's my choice and pillows I know.
Speaker 1: But what I need you to do is pick a pillow and then get rid of the other pillows because I'm sick of staring at the pillows on the side of your bed that aren't actually on the bed. I like, so, I'm like, literally, I feel like I need to put like a Santa hat because it's been rusted. It's been there for so long. So what is your thoughts on the pillow and is it going to be the winner?
Speaker 2: I like to.
Speaker 3: The only thing is the memory foam sinks a little bit too much for me, So they're on my arm and my arm because underneath it just feels like a normal pillow. But I used it for a couple of nights and then it went on the it went on the chair with the other with other guys.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're the best person to review it though, just because you do, you are very specific because you like to put your arm underneath the pillow.
Speaker 2: Well that's what it's built for.
Speaker 3: That's one of its main components is it allows you to put your arm underneath without raising the height of your neck. So it might be it might be too advanced for me this moment in time, I may I may ear fell back and use it a bit longer.
Speaker 2: Well, it's truly real with me on that one.
Speaker 1: So it says to say goodbye to the neck pain, headache, backache, and shoulder pain. So because four point nine stars get one hundred and twelve dollars, I think again it's a great gift for like the dad.
Speaker 3: It's a very thoughtful gift because and it probably helps with snoring as well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of snoring, this goes great into the or ring because I I've always I've always wanted the or ring. It's been something that I I've wanted to invest in because the or ring is quite pricey, it's three hundred and fifty dollars, but it's a smart ring that tracks your physical activity and sleep. I have I have some beef with it, though.
Speaker 3: I have your beef with it as well, because he only sent one.
Speaker 1: So would you had an or ring though.
Speaker 3: I had in twenty nineteen yearsed them in England and listen to the technology has probably advancedince then. But at that point the problem was the coaches and players were seeing that their readiness score was low when they felt good yeah, and when they didn't feel so good, they were seeing that their readiness score was was high. So it left the players a little bit confused on what that energy level should actually other readiness should be like. So I think we kind of deviated away from them, but maybe the advancements that they've made. But you've you've got some You've had a couple of weeks of test that now, haven't you.
Speaker 1: I've been. I've had the ordering now for a month, and I have it's it's like a love hate relationship with it. And I'll tell you some reasons why. I'll tell you. I'll say you know why.
Speaker 3: Why tells you you're stressed and we're making love. It tells you you're stressed when you're not stressed. I know you're not stressed.
Speaker 1: It also tells me I'm stressed when I'm like, I'm genuinely not stressed.
Speaker 2: Like yesterday we were relax from watching the game.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we're watching the lines and that wasn't a But I guess my heart rate was high watching it because it was, but I wasn't. I think it's stress.
Speaker 3: Is a if it wants to know where stress is, stick it on my finger for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Well, what I don't like, I'll tell you. I'll tell you why. I like it. I like it because it tracks your steps. So I have the Apple Watch, but I don't wear the Apple Watch all the time. So the ring is on me from morning tonight, and so it's tracking my steps, so I see, you know that I'm walking the amount of steps that you should. So I like that. I like that it tracks, you know, the calories that you burn throughout the day, your total burn. I love that. I love that it measures cycle insights too, like it tells you about your cycle and you know period all of that. It also tells you your vital signs, so your heart rate when you're sleeping the day.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite thing?
Speaker 1: My favorite thing probably the steps.
Speaker 2: To say it to someone else, what would be the thing that you would use to sail it.
Speaker 1: I like how it takes my activity into play with my energy levels because I'm really trying to work on with the energy. But what I don't like about it is the fact that it tells me I'm sleeping when I'm not sleeping. So when you're snoring and I'm up for an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Maybe when you think you've got good bond on your your bond is that bad? But it's like you're sleeping things. She's sleeping.
Speaker 1: Oh you're in the middle of the night, it says, it'll it'll say, oh you slept great, Your your sleep score is, you know, ninety percent, and I'm like, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Sleep at all because we're lying watching TV.
Speaker 1: No, no, because we're baby. I'm talking like during the night, like when you're snoring and at two, three, four in the morning and I'm wide awake. It's not saying that I'm wide awake. It's says that I'm in a light sleep, but my eyes are wide open and I'm pushing you to like stop snoring.
Speaker 2: So maybe order ring should develop some ear plugs as well.
Speaker 1: Probably, But so that's the part that kind of frustrates me because I don't think that the scoring on that is very accurate. But it does tell your heart rate, so I do like all of that. But again I don't like where it tells me I'm stressed when I'm not stressed because I'm trying to work on the stress.
Speaker 2: You left a lot of weights? Does it imped you and you're left than.
Speaker 1: Weight doesn't impede me when I'm doing any of that. It tells me I'm stressed when I'm running, which again I know that's you're working your heart out. But anyways, moving on, but I think it's if it's I think it's worth the money if you want to know your heart rate, and it does tell you some really good health insights like that, you know, like my heart rate was too low at one point, and I think to know some of those things are important for your overall well being. And I like tracking the activity. I just wish they would lock in a little bit on the sleep part, but I think it's worth it's to move on to something calming, because this is something that helps alleviate stress and promotes calmness, supports healthy sleep, realistic breathing, and heartbeat sounds. The relief Koala. Again, this is a little pricey for a teddy bear, but it's one hundred and four dollars. So I've given it to Roman because I think it's really cute because it has that little heartbeat. I have a tough time with the price of it, though, if I'm being honest, one hundred and four dollars for a teddy bear that has a heartbeat, that has a hard kuala. Yeah, it mimics a heartbeat. So the Koala Relief Koala is twenty five dollars on Amazon, And you know, to be honest with you, I thought it was for I thought it was for babies and kids, but it's actually for adults. So here's my question.
Speaker 2: Helps your anxiety?
Speaker 1: Helps your anxiety?
Speaker 2: That was when you think there's one hundred and four dollars, but you can get it for twenty five. I help you.
Speaker 1: Because this is supposed to be for grown adults. Is this something that you would sleep with? Can I just see puddle the qual I would like to see. I'd like to see the Scotsman all a little head from Yeah. Nice, Yeah you should try it? Maybe we should. So I think that is for someone who is here the m path in your life that just needs a little more TLC or your kids and twenty five dollars on Amazon. Okay, moving on to the call Me ring. I have thoughts about this one. So the Commi Ring is forty four dollars. Their whole pitch is through the application of four dynamic magnets that interact the magnet field already present in your body, creating a magnet force that elevates your health in several areas. There's four point nine star reviews. Since wearing the COMMI Ring, people said they've noticed improvement in sleep and substantial reduction and stress. It's not only beautiful but also incredibly effective. So though I understand the whole well, I actually don't understand all of it, but in how it works with the magnetic forces and things in our body. For me, I think it's just a mind shift thing, and I don't know how much. I didn't see any difference personally when I was wearing it. I think it's really cool and if you want to try something that, you know, if you're stressed and you need something to maybe call them out and hill out about it and to have another way of maybe helping. But I just for me, I'm like, how is this ring gonna help me chill out? Does that makes sense? That's well, I mean, but maybe it's some people just need that mind perspective shift.
Speaker 2: It depends what your beliefs.
Speaker 1: Are, because some people think it.
Speaker 2: Must be back for some sort of science, some sort of science.
Speaker 1: But the stones, because a lot of people think if you hold certain crystals or certain stones in your hand, then it's gonna make you calmer or more chill. I just have I don't really have strong beliefs in that area. I'm more on like the god stuff, and you know, I'm with you, But maybe that's I.
Speaker 2: Think it's more in your mind than in your finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, it's not I don't think it's that expensive. Well, I mean forty five dollars. I think it's a nice gift for someone that wants to try anything they can to just have a little extra calm in their life. So I think, you know, for maybe a parent or a friend. This is a fun, little and it's I think it's stylish. I will say I like it. It looks better than the it's it's not as bulky as the or ring.
Speaker 2: It's not any technology. Yeah, but it's a good gift.
Speaker 3: Good gift, looks good and could possibly serve a purpose.
Speaker 2: I'd buy someone that can.
Speaker 1: We talk about the memo bracelet, so in theory, I love it.
Speaker 2: Take you back to your childhood.
Speaker 1: It's nineteen ninety nine. It's a slap bracelet, you know what. Like what I feel about when it gets slapped on me, I feel like pressure to get the things down on my arm. It's like a constant reminder in my arm, like grab milk from the store. I'm gonna write that down, grab milk or check. Like. I think this would be great for the doctor or the nurses in your life. Or someone that has coach, yeah on the exactly, or for a coach, or for maybe a teacher that needs but like for this, for this mama, it just it stresses me out to have something I feel like, I feel like I'm chained. It's marketed towards nurses, planners, carpenters, engineers, gardeners. I wonder that, like, I think this would be so helpful e ms ADHD planner. Yeah, so, but I I couldn't. I feel like I'm like shackled to my to do list. I really do. It's okay, but it's nineteen ninety nine, you know. I think it's a cute stocking stuffer for that over you know who's that'd be good for Catherine. Catherine loves to check things off a list and have a planner and write things down. That's going to be her stocking stuffer.
Speaker 2: It's a nice material and it seems to slap around your rest pretty well. On that so ruler as well, do you call them rulers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Either, Well, when you're you have your to do list and you need to put it in something there, you have a Hulcan bag. So the original bag on wheels, spacious and reusable with stainless steel steel wheels for a long term investment. Hulcan is the perfect bag on wheels for grocery, shopping, laundry, and your day to day. We love the Hulcan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love it. Yeah, I cannot be fake.
Speaker 1: I can, in theory love the Hulcan bag.
Speaker 2: We love the look of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that it's opened out of the box, I really.
Speaker 3: I'm not sitting in the corner of a pantry. Actually, that's pretty good. I would use it. I actually would use that.
Speaker 1: You wanted to throw it away?
Speaker 2: I would use that for. What would I use it for?
Speaker 1: Putting your balls in your soccer ball?
Speaker 3: I could actually, I could actually probably use it for coaching. Yeah, I tell you what else it would be good for is gardening, gardening, putting the mulchin. Yeah, but I think the laundry idea is good.
Speaker 2: It's a good it's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wheels, Yeah, now I really love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just a lot. It's a little bit morbid in the black.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't love I think this is great for a costco run. Yeah, this is a great Holkin is great for that costco run because they don't have. That's my one thing. I can't commit to the Costco membership because they don't have bags or like the box. It's like this, we just use this for the Costo run.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: It's a really simple product and most of the time that actually the most effective, the simple ones.
Speaker 2: So let's take it out of the bag and really love it and actually use it.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's it's a perfect bag on wheels for our shopping, laundry, and your day to day. So Halkin bag is a great gift for the mom and the mother in laws that you love that just have their hands full and then need a little help on wheels. Are we getting hungry? Bay? Because the potato chips are staring at me right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Normally, when you see a potato chip, it's got some sort of additive or preservative or nitrate of some sort of crap, and these ones are just potato chips and olive oil.
Speaker 1: I honestly haven't tried it yet. And since we're being since we're being honest about the gifts, I haven't tried it.
Speaker 2: Well I have.
Speaker 1: I know you have because you opened it up and enough any one any So literally, the ingredients sliced potatoes and olive oil. Olive oil and salt.
Speaker 2: That actually really nice as you taste them. That's so good.
Speaker 1: And you know I like it because it comes in a can. Which do you reusese cans for your chocol chip pot if you're.
Speaker 2: In the bedroom or something. It's like a pink cut that was really good.
Speaker 3: Take the movie other one Reffective.
Speaker 1: They're called potato chips. Bonaa. All of this stuff. Get them for your boyfriend, all right. Next, I want to talk about the pod pillow since we're we love pod pillows. We love pillows.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I had a hard time saying goodbye to my pregnancy pillow. It's one of those things where you make fun of me because I have that blanket that I smuggle with.
Speaker 2: Sheep, my little it's like a full blown sheep, I know.
Speaker 1: But this is like if if the for the women out there that miss your pregnancy pillows, this is such a good one. Again. It's called the pod pillow. It's about seventy nine and it is crafted with premium memory foam and wrapped in the advanced quilted cooling fabrics. Not only you know that that cooling is going to help you have a more RESTful sleep. Lots of therapeutic benefits, but uh, for me, it's just one of those things where again it's I miss like having that thing to hug and hold in bed. I know you're there, but there's just something about the not a dry humping pillow.
Speaker 2: Teenagers.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's not who need to hug a pillow? It's it's it's it's like you putting your arm. If you don't put your arm underneath a pillow, this is what you do. You hug. You hug somebody because your husband's harry and snores and so you can't hold them. You buy that. Yeah, moving on to the rocks is the other fun. I think this is really fun for so this.
Speaker 2: Is another made describe and just tell the views what I did to the views.
Speaker 1: I will be being less. I'm going to show you. I'm also going to show them.
Speaker 2: We've actually got a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Yep, glow in the dark pebbles. I remember opening them, going what is this? Joli was obsessed with them. But it's basically you're supposed to use it, well, not supposed to, but line your walkway, edge a flower bed, or fill a planter with these pebbles. They make your garden absolutely unique and cool. They glow. They've got some good reviews on Amazon. They're fourteen ninety nine. I Jolie loved them. I put them in a little pot in her room, and so she liked the light that came from them. But besides that, I was like, I didn't really we just had one bag, so I didn't really know where to put them. So we put it in a pot. And then Alan Romantic did the sweetest little thing and put it on our bed one night, and but he did it in a shape of a heart and it was very sweet, and so he turned all the lights off and then the heart was on the bed and it was really sweet. Uh. And I don't know where the pictures. I think I actually said it to Hannah. I think I sent it to you. Hannah, I have it. You have it. But it's a fun little gift again, it's yeah there it is an old glory, but it's a fun little stocking stuffer gift for your if you want to. I think it's I think it's cute because it has it's it was enough light like a little night light for a kids room too, Like if you want to do a little pot and put a little bowl with those in there. I think that's pretty cute too, Or if you want to use it for you're outside. Next one's cray hand towels. So this is our description, add a little cray to your everyday lifestyle. Let's make the mundane things exciting. A high absorbit waffle weave microfiber towel reversible. There's two different sides. For me, it's a little colorful. I don't. I don't personally love it. I think the towel works great, but it's one of those where I put it in the other drawer because I don't. I don't love the look of it, the brightness of it. It feels very seventies. But if you are, if you love color and you love fun patterns like this, then this is absolutely.
Speaker 2: For you because it is it's a nice with you.
Speaker 1: It's a great material and it actually does work great. But I just do not like the color of it.
Speaker 2: It feels like a solid.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it comes to different colors. That's something to know, because I would get this if this hat, if this came more and like are it's.
Speaker 2: Like something off that seventies? Sure, yeah, but if it.
Speaker 1: Came in other colors then I would absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: I think it's great, but great for the price. Again, it's twenty one dollars. Good for the moms.
Speaker 2: We maybe should start using it so that we don't.
Speaker 1: I have used it. It's just I put it in the use.
Speaker 2: Like fifteen Rules of Kitchen. What do you guys call it? Pipt paple toes and the UK call kitchen towel.
Speaker 1: That I think is what we would call a kitchen hell right, yeah, yeah, we will use it. Another think we got that we love is the thera face depuffing wand so it decreases puppiness, enhances radiance, reduces dark circles. I like it because there's cold and heat therapy, so we you like the cold. I liked the heat. But Alan's Alan's a big fan of these kind of things. You too, You like them. You're always playing with the tools that I get what you like the little tools, the little tools and it looks like a vibrator.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just be careful to see I always play with a little tools. You getting looks like a holding of ivory out in your hand.
Speaker 1: No, but it's I love it. There's like a little thing too, and the like it's it's one of the things I like to do in the morning because it actually really does help with the puffiness. And this is a great gift to give to a girlfriend or to your wife or to a friend. It is a little pricey, so it's a little bit of a splurge. It's one fifty, but it again it's it's fair body and their stuff is always so great. But it's one of those where I like this better than using those little wan thing or not wand things, but those things, the little rollers, because this holds the coolness.
Speaker 2: It goes really quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like when I go on set in January, I'm definitely going to use that. And it goes hot really quick too. So for the kids this year, we have thought about we actually you came up with a great idea because I don't love the kids on technology, so they you know, they never have their iPads.
Speaker 3: But then you found well, it looks like an iPad, but it's only for drawing and sketching and painting, so digital illustration, yep, no other The purpose looks like an iPad, functions like an iPad, but all we can do is draw or illustrate or paint on it.
Speaker 1: So there's different versions on Amazon. But if you just google drawing tablet for you know, just drawing tablet, it's called ex Apen. That's the one that there's that one, and there's another one that's a little bit less that we end up getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think which one's really good is the little machine that kind of outlines like the kids always want me to draw, like dinosaurs all whatever, Yeah, cowboys or whatever, and it basically puts the outline on the paper for you, show it chains on the paper so the kids can draw and get used to the cognitive function of drawing themselves in the imagination.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, so we definitely are, you know, we put that in our cart. We also I got Julia hoverboard. She's really been wanting a hoverboard, so I got that on the Cyber Monday sale. And then well hovels. No, it's like one of those like you ride like she stands on and then you I never had one, but the lean no, I don't know actually how Like I saw her on when we were at my girlfriend's house. But you just ride them and the like think you put your feet down and then like really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sounds like there's a lot of coordination.
Speaker 1: Julie was doing great. Yeah, what are you calling my kid uncoordinated?
Speaker 3: No, I'm just thinking for my own because I need to try it and make sure it's safe for the kids.
Speaker 2: So that's not my bike might go again.
Speaker 1: Just like you tried their Halloween candy to make sure it was good for them, and then let's see what else for you. You have not given me anything, so I have no idea what to give you. So any ideas right now would be great for the husbands out there.
Speaker 2: My stock is just filled with love paper. I don't need any gifts.
Speaker 1: That was like my least favorite answer. And people say I don't want anything because you know there's like one thing that you would want.
Speaker 2: No, there's actually not.
Speaker 1: We love Alo socks, is it? Alow socks? Lulu Lemon? Lul Lemon has the best socks.
Speaker 3: The invisible socks that you sloss on me affected then on social media like an hour and a half ago, because I've got odd ones on tonight, so you take the press out of me for wearing them, but then it's one of your best things.
Speaker 1: No, those aren't the little Lemon ones.
Speaker 2: The Lulu Lemon ones are the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lul Lemon have really good socks. I mean I got Cozy Earth for the grandparents I got. I like the more meaningful gifts too, so things that can you know, frames, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm a big like undress and letters.
Speaker 1: I love a good handwritten letter frame. Like framing a handwritten letter, I think is the most beautiful gift you can give someone. I think it's so so great. But also like I'm also the girl back in the day, like the personalization mall girl. I love one things. Yeah I am. I love it. Anything that can put like kids' names or like pictures on. I don't know. I think it's I think it's cute. But anyways, that was the gifting show for you guys. I hope you guys got some good last minute gift ideas and have a happy holiday