Speaker 1: Welcome back to Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists. This week on the show, we have a roundtable of actors who have all at some point played a pope.
Speaker 2: Pope movies have always been the rage, whether you're talking about morality, corruption, or just a god dang good guy in a hat. Pope movies bring the fun and bring the drama. And today we're getting into what it feels like to be under the cap.
Speaker 3: So take out your oscar ballot, grab some popcorn.
Speaker 4: And let's listen in.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. Should we do it?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 5: You can do it if you must start out. Oh, turn on your phone myself. Turn off your phone myself. This is a really good idea. I should talk of my phone.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll turn off my pope.
Speaker 5: Popes didn't have phones. Popes.
Speaker 1: To get my agent to leave me alone, I have to not only D and D because he'll hit interrupt anyway.
Speaker 5: What is that button?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're gonna get a picture of us.
Speaker 5: There's a quick picture pictures, alright.
Speaker 4: Just a quick pull pick a pope.
Speaker 5: Pick So I got to turn it off. I can't even have it on D and D. What about you guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, my phone blows up with notifications of apps I've downloaded years ago, and I cannot figure out how to turn them off.
Speaker 6: My agent has me call him every morning, and he says I have nothing for you, or I have something for you, but he says I won't call you.
Speaker 4: That sounds like your agent should maybe throw out some white smoke if he has something for you.
Speaker 5: Like the post, my agent is me. I represent myself. I call myself every morning.
Speaker 4: You call yourself every morning.
Speaker 5: I represent myself in court. In court, Yes, tons of pending court cases. I won't get into, but we'll talk about them throughout the episode. Yes, all right, I will not get into them. Don't ask about.
Speaker 3: What does it look like when you call yourself in the morning.
Speaker 5: I use my landline. I still have a LAMD. I actually call you. I call myself on my rotary phone and I call my cell phone. Hello, self, how's it going out there? It's going poorly. The industry is crumbling, alrighty. And it's an echo, so it sounds like I'm you can hear it, alrighty, alrighty, yes, yes, amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing, Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 5: Behind the curtain, inside the contra.
Speaker 7: It really is wonderful to have everybody here that we've all played Pope iconic.
Speaker 5: Some of your films inspired me, Thank you, thank you, and some of your films inspired us. Yes, thank you, Yes, TV show, sorry you show. Just go quickly down the list, name and the pope thing that you were doing. Yes, yeah, quickly, quickly.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 4: My name is John Peters and I was colloquially known and the title of the movie was The Cozy Pope. It was about a bonnie Ver style pope who had to deal with some funny animals surrounding the Vatican and make sort of cottage core dreams come true because he was surrounded by nature for a retreat in which he learned the true meaning of God.
Speaker 5: A nature for a retreat meaning.
Speaker 4: Nature for a retreat and he learned the true meaning of God. So I was the Cozy Pope and nominated for Best Supporting Actor in twenty twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: So just to clear the Cozy Pope wasn't the main character in that movie.
Speaker 5: You were Best Supporting Oh no, it's called Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 4: The main character in that movie was the Cozy Pope's friend, Cardinal John. Cardinal John was always getting him SODA's and uh stuff from the store because he was, of course in nature and it's really about Cardinal John's interpretation of cozy Pope and their friendship and the male loneliness epidemic. We were up on that trend, so we had we had a little bit of us.
Speaker 7: I mean, I would say the Pope is the figurehead of the male loneliness.
Speaker 5: The mouse, he's child, Vicky Mouse is lonely.
Speaker 7: If there is one lonely male, if there are no lovely males, the Pope is dead.
Speaker 5: He's out. He's out there picking a new one, and they're picking a new one. Yes, Hi, my name is Leslie, woman's name, and I am the star of the trilogy Air Pope, where a pope is a pilot and owns his own private playing company and gets signed to a basketball contract. Absolutely during a flight, they really used the word. So what happens is in the if you guys haven't seen the film, uh, in the original film, Air Pope is being chartered by a basketball team. We can't use the n b A, so it's called the International Basketball Galactic Association, but you can tell and weely can use the logo.
Speaker 8: Los Angeles Flakers, Los Angeles Flippers, the Chicago.
Speaker 5: Fools, the New York Ricks, New York Ricks Ricks, the Miami Meat They're all meatbacks. Absolutely. Uh. Yes. So the pilot is the pilot is the pope and he is he is transporting the Miami Meat and one of the players has a heart attack, is thrown off the plane mid flight. I love I love your line. I can't be a basketball player.
Speaker 7: I'm a pilot and a pope and.
Speaker 5: Flying and that is that's in the trailer.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I love when the coach says nothing in the rules that says a pilot pope camp fly basketball that.
Speaker 5: Was played by John Toro does not give basketball coach energy.
Speaker 2: Against the last purse of that cast as a basketball dealers coach.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so continue, yes, so he flies, he lands, they land at the they're playing against the Los Angeles Flakers, Miami me versus the Los Angeles Flakers, with a special appearance at havetime by the New York Ricks because all the other teams do have time dancers at the other.
Speaker 4: Teams should do this for real.
Speaker 5: Well, I love the appearance by the heartlem troll blodders. Yes, yes, tro tros. Uh it was just movie one. This is just the first movie. Yes, what a franchise though Part two. I'm a football player. Air Pope to pigs, skin Pope. Don't touch it. Don't touch it because the Pope is kosher. Hell, hell, don't don't touch this. Focus so long? Yes, so what happened to that one? Okay, Air Pope has been chartered by a football team, the International Federation of Galactic Football.
Speaker 7: I do want to get to the team, the football teams, but I want to basically clear. Air Pope is the pope airline that he flies a lot of times.
Speaker 5: So he's always, he's always. He doesn't trust anybody else. He's a control free he's control for He doesn't trust anybod You know how you wouldn't wan anybody drive your car. He doesn't let anybody fly his place.
Speaker 4: I felt seen as a workaholic watching.
Speaker 5: He does not care about his family, which he doesn't have because he's a pope, so he has the time. And uh, it is the safest flight.
Speaker 4: Because what were some of those football team names?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yes, so you have the Los Angeles Hams, the Los Angeles Bargers, the San Francisco thirty eight ers. Oh, that's good, really wonderful. The Arizona Bardinals, Yes, the air Ona Bards, they're singers Bards. The Miami Muffins, the Miami Muffins, Miami. It sounds like dolphins.
Speaker 4: It does, it does?
Speaker 5: And so what happens in three? I'm sorry, let's just go. Air Prope three finally poping, Finally, he finally gets he retires, He retires from being a pilot, he sells the company. He says, I'm gonna go back to the I'm getting old. I can't keep flying. I'm flying my retirement job. The pope retirement like like a Walmart greeters like he's a pope. Yeah, And uh I still don't touch that pig skin, can I ask? So this is the thing that I've always heard.
Speaker 7: And I want to confirm the original draft for all of these scripts, none of the character was a pope, right, There was not a pope. And then and then somehow I think you said, I have the costume, I'll be a pope.
Speaker 5: Yes, and the costume fit me well. Body tea. Body was Body was t in Air Pope one, Air Pope two. Air Pope three was actually called air Pope T because body was t that's awesome to catch that. That's good, lovely to have you here. Thank you the content community.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say my movie owes a lot to your Thank you.
Speaker 5: Woman's name, you open the door for a lot of us. Thank you, sir, Thank you so much, thank you name astely, aren't a privilege to be here.
Speaker 6: My name is Anthony cost Dorgan and you might know me from Heated papal c It is a very exciting tale about kind of a gay sexual fan fiction romance between the Pope and the devil.
Speaker 4: The devil.
Speaker 5: They don't like each other, but they are attracted.
Speaker 7: To each other, and it's about over the course of I don't know, one hundred years, the Pope and the devil meeting secretly in different chambers and sections of the hell to have sex.
Speaker 5: Eight episodes on HBO. Eight episodes on HBO. But we've just been renewed for one more. Yes, they said we'll give you one more.
Speaker 4: They found an extra fifty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they did so. So it's been really wonderful and the reactions have been so excite.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's very exciting. This is one of the most graphic shows I've seen.
Speaker 7: Very Wow, we're talking about something people don't talk about the pope the popes a bottom.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that scene with the Communion wafers and all the come oh my.
Speaker 5: God, yeah, for sure, Oh god.
Speaker 2: A hundred times in that show, at least every episode. You guys are using it as a joke as a sexual thing. People yell, you're you're really using and abusing we're using it, you know.
Speaker 7: And I I, you know, they hired me from my authenticity of I've played popes before, right. I played John Paul the Second in a very very pretty real biopic when I was younger, about him becoming the pope and the search for him. And it was very very real. And I got how many for an oscar? And they said, we need someone who's been a pope before. And I came in and I said, I haven't been a pope like this. But it's nice. People like it. It's nice people like it.
Speaker 5: And this show was labeled in Time magazine as the most offensive show of all times.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's the most show. Yeah, they're saying, they're saying I have a mark on my back. They're saying, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Be to be offending every single religious group and every single person in the process of making the show.
Speaker 3: You offended bottoms, the bottoms.
Speaker 4: You've offended the Satanists, you've offended the Catholics. Really, it's a it's it's gotten people talking.
Speaker 7: It's gotten people talking, and and and you know they say being offended is currency now, you know, and so so thank you, thank you for watching.
Speaker 5: How's the hate mail coming in? It's not going well. It's bad. I keep getting docs. Keep you keep moving, and then getting dogs.
Speaker 7: I keep moving and I keep getting docs and I can't even walk my big dogs. They have pictures of they've docs my dogs. They have pictures of my big dogs.
Speaker 5: To docs a dog. I mean, it's too much to dos a doss. The name is saw Gregory and Dan.
Speaker 7: And unfortunately they can't go into a pet cot anymore what you've done to them.
Speaker 5: It's a real shame when bow masters can't go into pet coke. It's sad. How are they supposed to get grocery? How are they supposed to make grocery? How are we supposed to get supposed to grocery? You know, it's just the thing you chose acting. They didn't exactly leave my dog public life, leave my dogs alone, Leave him alone, leave him alone. The parasocial thing. That's disgusting. I watch Heated papal c on HBO.
Speaker 7: Watching on HBO. It's very fun and I want to shout out to everyone who's offended. I promise you, I promise you. The Pope is fine. Pope is always going to be fine.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. Yeah, and the worst is yet to come. Correct, the worst is yet ninth episode. What's the ninth episode is going to be about? Well, let's just say that Pope becomes a free so.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's just say that you.
Speaker 5: Can't go after the furry community too. You know you're asking for it. They're gonna hate it.
Speaker 1: Hello, I am pauper dingled up. Hello, I am I play the pope in a show. It's been on for a couple of seasons, Mermaid High School.
Speaker 5: My question why is because school? That's a great question, thank you. I would have to assume it's because the girls are hot. Well, it's a Catholic school.
Speaker 1: People don't understand that Mermaid High School is a Catholic school. So I just happened to be a pope teaching a bunch of girls who I don't know are Mermaids. But I but my character never really knows but just goes something's fishy.
Speaker 5: Here, tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Do they have legs sometimes? And sometimes well they see sometimes we do some mermaid stuff and I kind of just keep to myself. I'm really a co star, but on a reoccurring co star, the recurring co reoccurring.
Speaker 5: That's one of your cases coming up. Yes, I am involved in a case, but.
Speaker 1: Yes I was first time putting on the hat, honored to do it. Did a lot of you know, older man's roles. I never thought I had the clergy in me, but I do.
Speaker 2: And just again just to reiterate, because I feel like you said it, but I didn't get feel like it was clear.
Speaker 5: What is the pope doing in high school? Well, I stand for the school, so you're kind of administrator.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of an authority figure and it's kind of representing religion in a bigger sense.
Speaker 7: Like the I made high school is a Catholic high school. Yes, yes, the Mermaids are Catholic.
Speaker 5: Well their parents are.
Speaker 4: And they're they're not really practicing, but they are.
Speaker 1: Like in a private school. Yeah, I'm Mermaid high school. Yeah, it's really it. Sorry, that's all I got.
Speaker 5: Huh, amazing, wonder deep into that. I'm sure. My favorite scene is when the mermaid girls will come into your office and say, Pope, I'm sick. I'm not feeling well. I need to go home, and you say, girl, I use the bathroom and go back to class. I love that. It's I do it.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, And I go, girl, here's the bathroom, and go back to class. And then I go, what, why are you soaking wet? I'm sick of these teenagers and they're stuff. And then I start to every season, I start to pick up on weird things.
Speaker 7: It's so interesting that your office is on land and they have to and then they have to go back in.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know their mermaids. Yeah right, that's weird. You run the high school secretly?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And then when they are coming to terms with who they are, it comes at me me knock.
Speaker 5: On the door.
Speaker 3: It's religion here, telling them to push it down.
Speaker 5: Right, Oh, you're kind of evil.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm in the school. I'm the authority and the antagonist.
Speaker 2: Oh antagonist recurring co antagonists, recurring co Pope.
Speaker 5: Wow. And it's such a frustrating watch because we had to get through so many seasons. Everybody knows. Everybody knows that these girls called high school.
Speaker 1: It's called high school, especially in season three when they add pre K Mermaid. They they merge a middle school and a younger school primary school.
Speaker 3: And my character is still like, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 5: It is tough.
Speaker 4: I've seen a few episodes. So they try and justify it by like the camera is always behind the desks, so you never see you only see waste up of the girls. So it gives you kind of plausible to my ability, but I still don't buy it. They still have to walk in the room somehow.
Speaker 1: I think what what our show runner, Nancy Plopface is doing, is she.
Speaker 4: That's a PLoP Face picture.
Speaker 1: Specific where she's trying to show that the feelings of hormones and teenage years are out of body and they are supernatural like a mermaid. So then you put that with me an old man, and I can't understand what they're going through. Girl, go back to the bathroom, clean up your period with a tampon.
Speaker 5: Like what.
Speaker 4: I said that from the pope must be principle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so intense grateful to be here. I know my show is filthy bad. But you expected to be a preteen show. But it's really inappropriate. I've never missed an episode. Fantastic. Wow, thank you, good Hi. I'm Glenn Boss Jr. And sorry about your father, Thank you, thank you. You heard ripped apart by trains. I can't believe. I can't believe Cakes was multiple train.
Speaker 2: Yes, my father Cake Boss Senior, and I am a junior not my only last name. So my I am, of course Pope pop Po. I'm the cop Pope, Pope.
Speaker 4: Pop Pop, Pope pop Pop.
Speaker 2: You can choose where the space you can chook.
Speaker 5: Use your chicken, take your own space. Pe uh.
Speaker 2: And I of course played Detective Pope and my whole goal is to soul mysteries with the power of God, using him as help. My assistant is, of course Nanny Matthew.
Speaker 5: She is a beautiful nun. What's it like working with Kate Winslet.
Speaker 2: Kate Winslet is amazing. And the accent she is doing the accent choice I mean Jamaican patois for.
Speaker 5: This role crazy is insane. So she does so well. She's amazing, She's great. I love working with her. It's great.
Speaker 7: Is he a Pope procedural as well, you know, and how procedural movie room for room for futures, you know, kind of a it seems like the Knives Out answer to Pope's Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard Knives Out was doing a thing, and we thought let's jump on it with Pope's this neom Knives Out movie.
Speaker 5: I can't believe they stepped on us. I just cannot believe they stepped on our turf. Did like a religion thing. They did a.
Speaker 2: Religion thing, and I'm already Pope po po and it's just, you know, it's just a little rude. It's just a little rude, a little inconsiderate. You know, we're doing our thing over there. We're not stepping on knives Out. We're not doing funny, weird Southern voices. We're doing Jamaican patois and a pope and an under souldy. So maybe back off, you know, just back off a little bit. Brian Johnson, back off, I would say, back off, thank.
Speaker 5: You, thank you. It's okay. It's different enough, I think, yeah, well, you know ours is a little more funny, gritty.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The way it's shot too, it's like, you know, we have all these like popular one shots that are happening, and this is the opposite.
Speaker 5: It's choppy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is like like a new Camerason born movie. It's new shot every two seconds. My good dialogue. Cut, cut, cut, zoom and cut zoom and cut zooms and zoom, zim zoom cut, new deal, new deal, new deal deal.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's like watching a movie from inside a tornado. Yeah, truly is exactly what we're going. Like a clip show. Yes, it's like a clip show. Sometimes we'll just cut into other things. You know, it's fun watch a ridiculousness. We've gotten that comparison before. The narrative ridiculousness is good. Yeah, I would say that. Yes, Oh, what's everybody's favorite thing about being a pope? Oh my goodness, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I mean I assume we all tend to go little method for these Yeah, we go.
Speaker 5: How much research did we do?
Speaker 4: I read a big book? Okay, there was the Big the Bible, or it was called the Big Book of Pope.
Speaker 5: Oh and it was children's book.
Speaker 4: By it's not for kids. It's actually for adults. It's for adults.
Speaker 5: It has so many pictures, full.
Speaker 4: Diagrams of the pope and where he lives. And I learned lots of fun facts. For example, the first seven popes all eight pasta, all of.
Speaker 5: Them, and then just stopped.
Speaker 4: I've heard it there was off or I stopped, and then they stopped for a while. They went to soup, and then back to pasta again.
Speaker 5: Around the seventeen hundreds they moved to soup for two hundred years, and then the early nineteen hundreds they went back to pasta in that insant.
Speaker 3: Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Well, there are many theories, you know there. There there are God theories. There are biblical theories. Some say that that that God commanded them to eat the pasta and then the soup. But then there are some scientific theories who are saying that perhaps the pasta was tinted with a sort of evil microbe in the the.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like making them werewolf like liking stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, well we all know about the werewolf and we shallt s't speak of We can't speak of him, No, we can't.
Speaker 4: That was in the book. But it's it's a it's definitely a process to become a pope.
Speaker 5: Oh did you lose.
Speaker 4: Your pope?
Speaker 2: Ring?
Speaker 5: How did you all become your Pope characters.
Speaker 4: What was the process?
Speaker 5: So to make the basketball authentic, I got the leg lengthening surgery, okay, and I went up. It's a it's a horrible, horrible surge that men are getting in Turkey as well with hair transplant. But half the movie you're sitting down as the pilot. And this is where the problem arose because I could not You cannot fly a plane at six'. Nine, no, wow you. Can't they won't allow you in. There they want to like it's been it's been a it's a huge safety. Issue and we did fly practical. PLANES i did have to learn how to fly, plane no.
Speaker 4: Shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah so if you're, watching the movie is shot on GoPros and iPhones because you can't fit a movie camera inside of a, cockpill especially with the six nine. Pilot, yeah and SO i had to get THE i had to get the rods taken out of my, legs which was even more painful than the. Original had to relearn to. Walk so the process of making the first, movie we started the, PROCESS i want to, say in two thousand and eight and did not go cameras up until twenty twenty. Two, Wow so that's a fourteen year. Span, yeah it was. Tough and all those yelling in the. Movie you mean you're yelling a. Lot, yeah as you can, See i'm still clearing my throat. NOW i blew out nineteen vocal, cords WHICH i didn't KNOW i, had. Torge does the human have less than?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 5: Yeah, WOW i had EXTRA i could. Sing. Wow NOW i.
Speaker 3: Can't Oh, GOD i would have loved to hear your basketball.
Speaker 5: Sing it was. ANGELIC i don't, MEAN i don't mean to you, know uplift myself in the presence of, Others but it was. Angelic, well do you have a little recording or something like that of your. Passing, no that's a. Shame that's a. Ship that's a. Shame media.
Speaker 4: Physical media is so. Important if you have a little boy who's good at, singing record.
Speaker 7: It, yes you have to take your recorder right. Now go to your little, boy tell him to sing you a song because you might never get it. Again put it on the cloud so it's there for, good just in case.
Speaker 5: Your boy dies or he goes through something THAT i went, through like a leg lengthening and shortening. Surgery ask you a crazy, question ask me. Anything it better be crazy and be, honest was it worth? It you, know WHEN i think about the awards THAT i, lost which is all of. Them, yeah the wars THAT i wasn't even nominated.
Speaker 9: For.
Speaker 5: Consider that a, loss which is. Hard, YES i. LOST i IF i didn't, WIN i, lost kind of. Lose every day regional nurses words. LOST i wanted it. BAD i one of the best regional. Nurse All, filipinos All, philippinos All, philippinos all who anybody who ever gets these awards Of, Filippinos i'm gonna complain. About if they're, NURSES i don't. THINK i don't think they're getting. THEM i think they're getting because they're. Nursing, okay, yeah you can say. That you could say. THAT i remember we were in first class. Ones you didn't know, me BUT i knew, you and we were on a.
Speaker 7: Plane Well i'm just saying it, happened and we were sitting on different, sides AND i looked over and you were looking in the airplane. Magazine it was Best surgeons In Palm. Beach you were screaming that you were on the.
Speaker 5: List CAN i believe? This All philippine is winning it?
Speaker 4: AWAY i don't.
Speaker 3: Think i'm so sorry you were you were watched in that in that moment of.
Speaker 5: Privacy that's. Weird what DID i just? Saw he's a.
Speaker 4: Celebrity leave him.
Speaker 5: Alone i'm a celebrity. Too you.
Speaker 4: Look don't.
Speaker 5: LOOK i didn't look at you every TIME i walk by like, this but you KNEW i was. There you actively not. Looked i'm just, saying your life is you're being docs every.
Speaker 1: Second you're worried about the parasocial, implications then why don't you turn the other cheek.
Speaker 5: You're doing in your.
Speaker 7: Mind i'm, SORRY i Guess i'm getting addicted to the thing THAT i hate you making your mind docs my mind.
Speaker 5: Doctor, OKAY i will look at you, Then i'm. Sorry i'm now we know each, Other, okay thank. You kylie was just telling me the funniest.
Speaker 4: Thing it's the funniest. Thing you can become A patreon member and hear more about our, lives the episodes and other fun things we're doing on the. Side isn't it? Hilarious isn't that just a?
Speaker 7: Trip isn't that so like? Us for three to five to ten dollars a, month we literally will do all that kind of stuff on patreonch.
Speaker 4: Enjoying us and we have.
Speaker 7: Merch you, know we actually have a piece of merch that was voted on by the patrons that we made in real.
Speaker 5: Life it's a set of AirPod headphones covers that.
Speaker 7: Say if these fuckers is, Empty i'm listening to, Aoaoaoa so you gotta get.
Speaker 4: On The patreon BECAUSE i think that's pretty.
Speaker 7: Funny, yeah you guys are doing some funny stuff and we're loving it.
Speaker 5: Too and we're loving.
Speaker 4: It where are those thatts. From they're from artists On artists on artists on artists dot. Com that's.
Speaker 7: Right we call this ad a two for. One enjoy the rest of the. Y. Yes, well, LOOK i definitely worked really hard on The pope. Stuff AND i came in and they, said, hey you're a little, stiff so so don't do, that and don't act like a pope here and act like you're you're The pope without the. Hat AND i was, like, well the last TIME i played The pope was very, serious and they would say, no, no but now you, know we're gonna probably play some choice on in the, background and you, guys you, know AND i was, say, okay, okay, okay there's been a strike and another strike in a, pandemic So i'll take the.
Speaker 5: Job but you, know, yeah you KNOW i boked.
Speaker 2: Up, yes when you And satan hook up, OVER i feel the rush from choice of, yeah, iconic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. Absolute it was pretty, great, dude it was really. Crazy. Yeah we were in the corner of.
Speaker 7: Hell he had a big tournament AND i HAD i had a Big Christmas Eve, mass AND i, SAID i have to. GO i have A Christmas's, mass And he's, LIKE i have a big evil demon. Tournament i'm going to so you you, KNOW i hope your mask is better than my. Tournament and then we end, up you, know and then, yes we and then we do.
Speaker 5: Bondage, LOOK i get it's, offensive And i'm sorry it's. Offensive you. KNOW i THINK i think people got so excited to make things. Gay they forgot making the pope gay was.
Speaker 7: Bad people we've Gotten we've gotten so excited to make everything.
Speaker 5: Gay And i'm happy for. Us i'm happy. Times you have to have to draw the curtain a. LITTLE a little is, necessary can we or should?
Speaker 10: We, well it's not act like Gay pope hasn't been something that's been. Around it's been on the it's kind of one of the easiest things to put. Together it's kind of A Reese's Peanut butter. Situation, gad there's gay.
Speaker 5: Popes, Absolutely who do we think was the gayest?
Speaker 11: Pope let's say, one two Three, John, John He's he's my.
Speaker 5: Gay po to be of RECs peanut butter. Cups how does everybody feel about the fact That reeseis started to sell their peanut peanut butter and have anybody has anybody tried it and anything about? It, well this is one of your court, cases, Right, YES i invented it, first the idea of bottling that you were. TAKING i was taking it. OUT i was TAKING i was. BUYING i was buying so many recent peanut butter. Cups, yes BUT i don't like, chocolate SO i was cutting. THEM i was cutting the tops, off scooping the peanut butter, out jarring. It and then all of a, SUDDEN i go to the grocery store AND i see it on the. Shelves do you.
Speaker 4: Think you're being watched and that your ideas are being?
Speaker 5: TAKEN i not didn't do, that but you looked at him on a. Plane, no you didn't do. This AND i loved your work AND i love what you.
Speaker 7: Do but to be, honest you can't take the patty out of A Big mac and Say i'm selling cheeseburger.
Speaker 5: Pattiest not because that's the part of the. Meal it's part of the. Thing it's they could do what if they. Want and let me ask you, this what is the difference between me doing that and it not being? Okay and you're making The pope? Gay what what's the?
Speaker 7: Difference do you look at that? Question what are you doing that and not being okay and then making The pope? GAY i didn't make The pope. GAY i took a job to keep my sad after.
Speaker 1: Insurance, oh don't bring, this bring it, up don't bring in the.
Speaker 5: Devil don't do. That who played the devil in The? Devil It's Jeremy.
Speaker 7: Irons he wanted to be The he kept giving me notes if you, know IF i, was, well you're the, devil so shut.
Speaker 5: Up but we have.
Speaker 7: Fun We've we've done a lot Of we did the we did The vanity Fair Light detective test video.
Speaker 4: Was, sexy was.
Speaker 5: So, good fun.
Speaker 4: Fun i'm really, religious really. Respectful do we love?
Speaker 1: RELIGION i like making content about religious you? DO i think it inherently gives you a little bit of tradition that you're, You're. You're there's so much that audience has come together when they see. Religion suddenly your grandmother could watch the movie and you. Can then you have an open dialogue about what you believe.
Speaker 4: In, Yes And i'll SAY i was not religious UNTIL i Played Cozy pope and hearing you, know The Bonnie vere soundtrack and Hearing Skinny love and wearing The pope. Hat it really made me feel connected to a higher. Power and NOW i. AM i Am. CATHOLIC i hate The, CRACKER i hate the, body and Now I'm.
Speaker 5: Catholic that's.
Speaker 3: Amazing For Mermaid High, SCHOOL i didn't feel one bit.
Speaker 1: Religion why Because i'm such a religious show in what? Way, YEAH i know it, IS i know it, is but it does feel like it's the girls. SHOW i felt religion WHEN i wrapped AND i went On. Hiatus i'll say. It my religion is time Off. Wow AND i think as, actors because we are such and we are in a desert of jobs that we are scared to say that it feels good to take off the hat.
Speaker 3: Wow and it feels good to get de looved so that.
Speaker 4: Our culture Are american culture working so. Hard by the, way we should talk about, It Chicago, Pope do you think this will be good or bad For pope? Movies Because i'm. SKEPTICAL i worry that A Chicago pope might take the gravitas away from The pope and there will be Less pope rolls to go.
Speaker 2: Around submitted for the New Chicago pope. Project you, KNOW i did Untitled Chicago.
Speaker 5: POP i, submitted but there was so Much italian beef THAT i had to eat the audition that not halloo. RELIGION i after doing The Air pope movies And airporpe, trilogy The intergalactic, TRILOGY I i we don't even touched on the. Space it's just leading the question that there is some sort of thing going on. Inside technically all my movies are in space.
Speaker 2: Football it applies that something's going on in the, galaxy so they never make it.
Speaker 5: There because and here's one THING i don't want to spoil, it But i'm sure people have seen it. Already the thing About Air pope is that it can never break through the. Atmosphere, yeah it can never break the. Atmosphere there is a Whole reddit theory. Brosis, yes because it's it's a SIMPLE a three eighty, right as it's just an. Airbus an airbus is not going to. Space it's not going to. Space what special commercial that's seven is an inferior product in an airbus eight three. Eighty i'm.
Speaker 4: SORRY i saw some pictures leaked on deadline of you location scouting the jet propulsion laboratory.
Speaker 5: And where are you location scouting?
Speaker 4: It are you doing?
Speaker 12: That you.
Speaker 5: Got in your, costume full costume eating beef, Bacon deadline just following you. Around, YES i was. Located so the location that we needed for this will us the locker, room locker room for The chicago. Fools so we were looking at their meeting rooms at the jp h okay and uh.
Speaker 7: Authenticity Sorry, reddit Sorry, reddit airpupe is not going to space.
Speaker 5: For The chicago. Fools.
Speaker 4: Expensive you're in the, industry you know.
Speaker 5: That you know that The chicago fools away locker. Room so the team that is not the nice one that The chicago fools, have right, like so whoever's playing them as the away, team it's not as. Nice it's not as.
Speaker 7: Nice, well and they're always changing clothes THE jpo whatever they're doing over. THERE i had an uncle who worked. There he said he had to bring in three changes of clothes every. Day, no so many secrets at that. Place what are they getting on their?
Speaker 5: Clothes oh my? God yeah for, ME i prepped for my. RULE i followed around the pope AND i followed around some you shadowed the? Pope which which?
Speaker 2: POPE? I, Uh benedict the ones that nobody? Liked he won the quit one of the first poops to. QUIT i followed him.
Speaker 5: Around what is a day in the life Of?
Speaker 4: Benedict?
Speaker 5: Like that guy is eating non stop pasta. Pasta, yes is.
Speaker 2: CYCLICAL i was, like make some, prayers do something on the, chair make a big statement.
Speaker 5: Something make a damn, maker damn.
Speaker 2: Prayer this guy is going pasta pesto a. Tony just jumping from pasta to pasta to pasta to. Pasta not as interesting as falling around those.
Speaker 5: Cops what did you see? There LEGALLY i cannot tell you?
Speaker 2: Bad, wow bad they Were they were corrupt bad really money bad one money.
Speaker 7: Money, well you, know this is something THAT i want to bring up a lot of the. Popes you, know when you're an actor for the, pope the writer has some sort of statement about. Religion he's probably making he has something he's getting off his, chest or she or they are getting off their. Chest and it's quite, frankly sometimes a lot to bear and sometimes a lot to.
Speaker 4: Be the face of every script is about mummy, issues daddy, issues or pope.
Speaker 2: Issues let's go through each of our. Roles what do you think the author is trying to stay with your?
Speaker 1: Movies you, KNOW i think the author in my movie our showrunner plot, FACE i think she's saying it's harder to believe in religion than it is mermaids even are scarier and harder to put your brain around if you think about it.
Speaker 5: Religion you, KNOW i think your.
Speaker 4: Show just has a marketing, problem because that's actually quite. PROFOUND i think it's very, interesting but it's being portrayed as some sort of you, Know SpongeBob SquarePants type, situation and that's all, marketing marketing showing.
Speaker 5: How pretty it. IS i think the story behind mine is you can reach every goal you can. Imagine you can be a pope in the professional basketball, league but you'll never make it to. Space and this is a really it boils down to the male loneliness, epidemic which we should talk.
Speaker 9: About.
Speaker 5: Characters let's talk about the male loanes as. ITSELF i think it's a male loniness, pandemic AND i think we's the difference for. You we can get a vaccine for, it and it's. Incredible you catch mal. Loneliness, yes.
Speaker 4: Is it airborne or contact skin to skin?
Speaker 5: Both is the vaccine a kiss from a?
Speaker 4: Girl?
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely love. That wash your groceries this loneliness on. Them there might be male loneliness on your. Apples you gotta wash your.
Speaker 4: Mask wear a mask so you don't get male lonely toilet.
Speaker 5: Paper we're running out of it because of male. Loneliness wear a mask To buffalo Wild. Wings wear a mask To Ford. Bar walk into a game stop. Unmasked we'll make sure your lips are cut out of the mask so you can kiss a. Girl that's, Right absolutely a little. Kisshole but keep those lips closed if there's not a girl.
Speaker 4: AROUND i just missed a holiday party BECAUSE i took a male loneliness rapid test AND i was. Positive, NO i was. LONELY i was. There, oh they they say it's a it's a. Guy they come to your house and they say you're, right, man and then if you say, no then you're male.
Speaker 7: Lonely and you know what's so funny is if you test positive for male, loneliness you are forced to not.
Speaker 5: Isolate they want you to get issue, Right they need you to like a Pac man's. Tournament they take you a. Tournament, yeah sick lonely male over, there plan plan video games from fifty years. Ago old old, anyway.
Speaker 2: Your show for, ME i think Pop popo is trying to make a statement that justice can be kind and justice isn't always, blind and there's a lot of faith that we have to put into.
Speaker 5: Cops whoa.
Speaker 13: More one more line and let it rhyme with the aa the which one you have a more? Aa b b, Oh, yes and there's a lot of faith we have to.
Speaker 5: Make sure we mop.
Speaker 12: Up, no that's the wrong. Rhymes AND i don't even pick up on WHAT i was doing a. Couple, yeah that's more of a.
Speaker 5: LIMERICK i would, say it's.
Speaker 7: Interesting do we think maybe the popes are the cops of religion or, no, Cardinals, no, really but.
Speaker 5: Pope would BE i guess the detective of.
Speaker 3: Religion i'd Say christians are the cops of, religion.
Speaker 5: Cardinals, bishops, bishops the. Cops so what's the? Pope The president of, Religion president Of? Religion who Is? Ice? Ice the? Deacons what about homeland? Security the? Gestic?
Speaker 4: Yeah what about The department Of?
Speaker 5: Parks department Of. Parks oh that's the. Nuns, yes that's the. Duns what.
Speaker 4: Do you have any do? You did you okay when you were in your?
Speaker 5: Movies did You?
Speaker 4: Suddenly i'm so, sorry so, Cozy i'm in. Character i'm working out for the. Sequel, Well Cozy pope to To Cozy pope, too too cozy to. Prey and it's ABOUT i go off in An airbnb a little bit for a little, while AND i get so warm and toasty behind the, fire AND i hold a big mug and my goal is to smile as much as possible and listen to as much freeform jazz AS i.
Speaker 5: Can and it's it's really.
Speaker 4: A gripping, story and it's it's It's i'm really really excited for. It about four theaters are going to play, it and we're going to have a, big big year in twenty twenty. Six and there's a nun in this, one and she's.
Speaker 5: Hot whoa she's who is it played By.
Speaker 4: It's played by none by, None Sydney. Sweetey, oh she's done that. Before it's not sister An sidney.
Speaker 5: Sweety. Wow that sounds, amazing So i'm very. Excited did people treat you differently when you wore the pope outfit on? Set were you noticing that it's as powerful and confessing to?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 5: Really? Yes what were they? Saying?
Speaker 2: Bad?
Speaker 5: Bad bad? Things they were calling you?
Speaker 2: Bad maybe they were some of them were confessing That i'm bad. Bad they called, director came, between confessed THAT i was ruining the.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 4: Wow, confession, Confession this is a Classic confessionally they have last man at the lunch, line at the catering.
Speaker 1: LINE i WOULD i wouldn't even be there for that. Long my call time is later in the. DAY i get in the suit and they call lunch and they'd go first, man and they'd always me go.
Speaker 5: First and that felt. Wrong first.
Speaker 4: Man did you guys ever use the hat to get discounts At? Porthos what did you do in The we've got to hear about.
Speaker 1: It okayordos and, Pussy, okay pussy, First, porto.
Speaker 5: Second guama and. Cheese anyone, legend then pussy.
Speaker 7: Code, pussy what the hell leg, cone pussy with, milk and pussy.
Speaker 4: Milk pussy and.
Speaker 5: The line for pussy is so long it's, crazy but it moves. Fast everyone knows what they. Want if you just going to pussy from the hot, bar you're. Fine if you actually want to pussy off the, menu it takes for the hot bars that, is who knows how long it's been. Sitting he's been sitting out. Here and that's WHY i won't use the app, either because if they make it fast on the, APP i do the mobile pussy apps and that's much. Easier But pussy Hot, BAR i don't trust it as far AS i can throw.
Speaker 7: It use the app If i'm, close IF i order it by the TIME i get that the pussy ice cold postmade.
Speaker 4: PUSSY i know it's bad for the. Restaurant it takes a cut from the, pussy but it's.
Speaker 5: Convenient pushmaid is. GOOD i use pussmade a lot these ghost pussy. Kitchens oh.
Speaker 4: Pussy gum bro.
Speaker 5: TIME i found the hair absolutely.
Speaker 4: Crazy, no only brick and mortar pussy for?
Speaker 7: Me what did he find out that it's the same pussy from seven other locations in the same.
Speaker 5: Location how do you guys feel about do you think it's a moral? Quandary we're all play. Popes do you think it's a moral quandary when you order from Puss maates when it's, raining, like do you tip? EXTRA i feel all? WET i hate. THAT i simply. Hate was on a bike like pussy's, wet.
Speaker 1: Dusy, sweat and so is my Driver and Now i'm tipping in for the.
Speaker 4: Pussy and My i'm only cooking now, lately So i'm ordering off instapus.
Speaker 5: Ingredients that's.
Speaker 7: Nice and make sure they send me a picture when it's there outside my.
Speaker 4: Door i'd rather wet than.
Speaker 14: Dry i'll say, That oh my, god have you ever reached for the pussy and someone's taking a picture as they're leaving the show that's been? Delivered you show up in the picture later THERE i am holding my pussy looking like an. Idiot SOMETIMES i pose with my.
Speaker 5: Pussy way back to pope. Stuff that's so. Cool we go.
Speaker 15: Cool we did all that in these, hats specifically Ap my uncle's gonna love.
Speaker 4: This woman's, saying do you have any other court cases coming? UP i know you're representing.
Speaker 5: Yourself, YES I i'm trying to currently get out of doing Their pope, five you don't want to do, It Big Mama's vatican is what it's gonna. Be that sounds so. Good they want it's it's it's after so you. Know in four is WHEN i said back to poping, FIVE i gave it up. Again BUT i became a police officer AND i had to go under cover as a woman who lives at The. Vatican, Yes big and she just lives.
Speaker 4: There she just walks.
Speaker 5: Around what does the movie explain her? Existence she got kidnapped AND i am not feeling it for, her so nobody knows that she's, gone and she just lives there already already even know The pope is the, CITY i mean The vaticans, city his own. Country she's just a. Resident the Fifth, well nobody lives In. Vatican it's just the, church just.
Speaker 16: The church she, Does Big mama. DOES i loved her walking around the funeral in that big. BATHROOM i love the oven. On, YEAH i mean it's you don't want to do. That why there's smoke coming?
Speaker 5: Out put that fire out to put that.
Speaker 7: Who was the?
Speaker 5: Mystery Big Big mama gets on the, plane but she needs two seat. Belts that feels how? Dated that feels? Outdated why she's mystery the feature of the. Movie he joke of the. Movie that's not even a. PLATFORM i think that's just the kind of an opening. Scene so she's on the. Plane what mystery she tried to solve A vatican trying to figure out why she needs two seat. Belts why she's you need to and you have to buy an extra. Seat so she, SAID i got to do. That you kidnap, her become her somebody else to. Cop somebody else, kidnapps And i'm a, cop AND i have to dress like her figure out why she needs to coming. From but then you're not trying to figure out where she, went you. Know, NO i love it she was.
Speaker 1: Kidnapped it's a shame you don't want to do the, movie and now you're in the court case because you don't want to do.
Speaker 5: THAT i don't want to do. IT i MEAN i love the end of the, strip beautiful. MOVIE i want to keep when she comes back to be draggled Like i've been. KIDDING i figured out why you need to seat it's because the seatbelts are, small smaller than you. Out what a beautiful, message what a beautiful, comic.
Speaker 4: What a, beautiful beautiful.
Speaker 5: Fight you should do. IT i don't want to do. THAT i want to keep. Money SO i mean you're.
Speaker 4: You're you're holding onto the money in your. Contract you're not relinquishing it a civil suit.
Speaker 5: Basically, well AND i wish you good luck in defending. Yourself thank you so. Much, ABSOLUTELY i wish all of you good luck in every.
Speaker 1: STEP i think it is hard to get out of the pope stereotype. BUBBLE i had an audition for a state farm commercial and they just were, like it's too it's too.
Speaker 5: Religious of course to the current. Co so you're going out for this for commercials as.
Speaker 7: Well there's a pope magic that kind of kind of gets sprinkled on you and you can't shake.
Speaker 5: It pope, Resting pope face, rest can't shake the.
Speaker 4: Cameo people come running because they're, like will you please put on the pope pad and do cameos literally every.
Speaker 5: Day of my. Life, yeah but our cameos are.
Speaker 7: Different it's, like please absolve me of my, sins and it's, like, No i'll tell you happy.
Speaker 5: Birthday. Eric, Yeah i'm. Not i'm not getting rid of your guilt for person while you were drunk in your. Car, NO i can't do that Over. Cameo, yes cameos stand in and.
Speaker 11: Go this is.
Speaker 1: Inappropriate, Yes cameo help, Us cameo, Help, cameo help The.
Speaker 4: Pope i'm not qualified to absolve these people of. Sin some of them have been doing some bad. Stuff i'm qualified to wish them happy. Birthday, sure, yes do, Something cameo, Please.
Speaker 5: BUT i hope everyone can work on some other. Things what Other what does everyone have coming up? Next Pop?
Speaker 4: Pope, Well i've become really good friends With Bonnie bear and we're working on a sequel To Skinny love Called skinny The.
Speaker 5: Song it's a sequel to a Song Skinny. Love you think. Positivity, no we see.
Speaker 4: The time turning a different direction and we are. LEADING i, mean we're leading into the ozempic era and we are putting Out Skinnier, love a novel. Song, Wow.
Speaker 5: Big Mama's, House Big Mama's vatican. Seven that's gonna be.
Speaker 12: Is.
Speaker 5: Five but it's getting, Great brint and doing it. Already it's going to take is already gone to the Skin AND i want to work out this AND i hope it doesn't take too.
Speaker 7: Long the Your pope is now a big, mama but then takes soific so it's now.
Speaker 5: Skinny so so now has to wear not a fact double the inside is she kidnapped together.
Speaker 11: And what is?
Speaker 5: Happening so she's wondering why they say you need an extra seat belt on the plane because she's, Like i'm skinny now and they still need a. Second so she was kidnapped after she got, skinny, yes because but then she slips out of the, handcuffs so she's. Fine so again that, point that's just a feature of. Facility she slipped out of the handcuffs and now nobody knows what she. Is so Air pope has to come back and fly around the world in his. Airbus, yeah but fuel prices have gone through the, okay, yeah yeah for the. Plane fuel prices have gone through the. Roof Air pope doesn't have this money, anymore so he has to come out of retirement and go back to The national Inter Galactic.
Speaker 2: Basketball really tired all the, movies you, said air it feels like a more this movie and you're trying to get out of.
Speaker 5: Fire you are you committed to? Seven i'm doing seven BECAUSE i love the plot of. This it's actually the clearest.
Speaker 4: Plot that's the clearest.
Speaker 5: Plot airport was to fly. Around so it's weird that that one captured your. Heart oh my, god it's a beautiful story beating The. Pope do you guys have any messages for the listeners playing The? Pope? Now maybe a good thing you can leave with, them you, know just to really capture what young actors playing the? Pope, yes, yes give yourself.
Speaker 17: Artist artists and artists artist as the. Question, now that's WHY i call it show. Business give it up for our Guest. Carl they find you On instagram at damn It. Carl hell yeah and.
Speaker 5: Live from The Beautiful.
Speaker 4: Join The Patreon i'm good bye.
Speaker 5: Bye artists On artists On artists On.
Speaker 9: Artists it's an Improvised hollywood roundtable podcast, created performed and produced By Kylie, Brakeman Jeermy, Colheane Angela giritana And howatrick. McDonald music is By Gabriel. Fontan opinions expressing this podcast do not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on, it not even the, performers because this is an improvised podcast and we're. Stupid full video versions of aoaoaoa are available on, YouTube so please like and subscribe and leave us a five star. Review wherever you get your, Podcasts good, Night, hollywood