Speaker 1: If I ever do have time to watch porn, I'm always gonna look at a woman that looks like my goalwake. So I'm like, that's what I'll look like. Too much, hey, too much or not enough? It brings us closer. What's up? Everybody? Welcome to Adult Say. I'm your host Michelle Ute, joined by my cow.
Speaker 2: Host Jordan Carlos.
Speaker 1: Now you know, no, I'm excited. I'm excited. I've been trying to work out friends. Yeah, yeah, because I'm writing a show, and every time I ride a sex scene, I'm like, let's add some cardio to the midst wear them teeth whitening strips, like.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, get the teeth right, now, get the body right, get the teeth right.
Speaker 2: What what you been doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm doing some overall bullshit and then also the peloton and then like long dog walks and then all so just trying to get that upper body strength going. I just got a jump rope and what do you think that?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Tall?
Speaker 2: Those are your words? All right? So is it? Are you double dutching it or what you're doing? Because that can get you in shape? You're double dutch.
Speaker 1: Double dutching it. Now I'm already married to a Dutch grass single Dutch that shit, I'm good on that vanilla ice cream. You and your wife work, Ali, Are you still just like with the yoga? Are you like high intensity yoga?
Speaker 3: I do, yeah, yoga and then pilates. Pilates are my friend right now. So plates are fun and they're easy psy Japanese. Once you get into it, it's like you have to make sure that you do it every single day and then it won't hurt.
Speaker 1: No, I'm out for these reasons.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 1: I'm Barbara Corkoran. No, I'm met. Was his name, Dame Wayne's what's his name?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not, that's not one of these agains you always do, you guys. It's a memory whirlpool and we all have to throw a line out like swim with the current. Go with it. It'll shoot you out. I swear to God, ask for a lifelig can not.
Speaker 1: I cannot do you remember like the only I'm sure a lot of listeners like won't remember this. But there's this thing called TV guide back in the day, who you didn't even have TV. You just had this little publication that would tell you what's on the TV. And that was it, and yeah, I just feel like everybody has a good memory because they had less things to remember. There's so much cou Yeah, people will be like, did you see that meme? It's like, bitch, I'm body training two kids, I have two dogs. I have two really big titties, delicious, backfat and the loving husband. You think I fucking know about that meme? Also, yes, I did see it, but like.
Speaker 2: What I know?
Speaker 1: Why did I see the meme?
Speaker 3: Because it's jack hammered into your skull. Let me ask you this, what who do you have a personal trainer?
Speaker 1: You know it gets personal.
Speaker 2: Deeply personal. She'd be talking about your mother.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, I have a really hilarious friend named Irene Bremise. She is also a comedian. We have been doing comedy together for I know you know her, but the people don't know her. Bitch. Come on, sorry I called you a bitch. I'm hungry. Come on. So she's a very hilarious comedian. She's got an album out, she's got a podcast check her out Bremas b R E M I S. And she's also Yeah, she's also a trainer. She trains a lot of comedians and she's really good at it. And so we do zoom sessions. I did try to work out with a male trainer last summer, and by the third or second or third meeting Jordan, I just broke down doing the squads and I started to cry and I had to leave. Oh no, there was just something about a man telling me what to do and my body rejected that idea. And I was like, I'm not comfortable. I'm not comfortable, and he was fine, he was lovely, but I was like, no, no, I can't do this feely. And I made this like very hard decision to just a year before that, like we started a pandemic. Then I will only go to female doctors. And so when you surround yourself in your safe space and then you go back out into the world, you're like, oh no, no, no, I can't. There's been many times where I've just left the Bronx Zoo because I'm just like the line the people two the twenty nineteen that they're serving, like getting mad at you in your face and yelling and stuff like just okay with like the casual I can't do it anymore, you know. And back in the day, I didn't mind saying I was here too bitch. You know what. I mean, what you gonna do. I didn't mind the little New York hey girl, Hey, but now I'm just like, yeah, I'm just like Stranger Danger. I turn into eleven from Stranger Things. I get a little bloody nose. I'm like, gotta go, as long.
Speaker 2: As you find the right fit.
Speaker 3: I me, I just do the videos with women that basically look like my wife. So it's a white woman screaming at me to give her four more of something, and I'm like, all right, okay, so this it's it comes.
Speaker 1: I think we all learned your kink. I'm not gonna judge. I got it. I get it.
Speaker 3: So I'm just glad that you're doing dynamic movement, working out, taking care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Do you feel stronger.
Speaker 3: It's not about your looks, but it's about you feeling stronger, Like you feel stronger and more tapable.
Speaker 1: What I feel stronger and more capable overall as a mom taking care of my family and the pandemic. And that really is just like a slow burn. But right now, exercise and just feels like, oh fuck, I have time for me. And when I tell you I have time for me, it's ten minutes here, it's thirty minutes there, right. I just have to make the time because there's so many there's so many excuses to not do it. But I want to be one of these bitches the South of France, ninety seven years old, with raisin titties out, drinking fucking rose, Pistine, la Pistine all day long. Yes, with a cornish hen do comprol So that's what I want. And so I need the mackerel, I need the fish oil. We need to do it. You know what we need to do too? Yeah, yeah, you know what we need to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, we know.
Speaker 1: You say, you go, you go, you go, you go, you go, you go, you go.
Speaker 3: I know what it is, and I'm ready. I'm ready spaghetti. But hopefully these two people will be joining you on the beach. Got some very funny people on our show today. One of my favorites, just like a comics comic.
Speaker 1: I gotta admit, Yeah, she did season one. She's amazing. I've known her since I started comedy in New York. Y'amnica Sanders, y'all, I get ready. She was in Life of Bath Honey. She was so good with them beautiful brown cities yes, and who's the other guest? Jordan let him know.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the ever hilarious and so tall. I gotta I gotta comment on people's hype because I'm just medium. The very funny Matt bet As. I love saying that name.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's got a great podcast. He is so funny, so quick. I just and he bakes and he has great thighs and there's so much more you need to know about him.
Speaker 5: So you go is Juah the ride Brocly makes a motherfucking nose.
Speaker 1: What's up? Y'all're fucking here?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we did it and have that. We cannot tell me, cannot have that.
Speaker 1: I can't go out by myself.
Speaker 2: You know you're doing great. You got a babysitter, You're out, You're doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeahs the babysit up. We'll see how it goes. You guys adulting. I missed you guys so much. I missed you guys so much. How many y'all broke up with friends and or family members during the pandemic. I didn't know it was spring cleaning, but I was like, bye, bitch.
Speaker 2: You got rid of friends during during the panic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're still here, thank God, we are still here, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who did you name some names? Name some fucking names.
Speaker 1: I had some friends, like old friends from college and ship who were just like that was such a patian. Oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: What, oh what in the my dad names? Oh yeah, what in the black church is going on? She's like, oh, gip it my tambourine.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's all right, it's all right, love him.
Speaker 1: We just needed one. But I love you.
Speaker 3: So you you streamlined. You streamlined friends.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of them were like, why why are you gonna get vaccinated? That's poison? And I was like, you eat taco bell, bitch, Like, what do you mean? It's true and you swallow way worse in college, So don't.
Speaker 7: Act like.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was caught off gone.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we needed a tech rehearsal for the air boy.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about what I did during the pandemic. I do it, friend. I went from progressive to woke, and.
Speaker 3: I canceled all my kid's books. The first one was Goldilocks. I came for her because she was the world's first Karen. So I believe welcome to my ted talk this white woman. She breaks into a house. She has the caucasidy to break into a house because she's hungry, because she's.
Speaker 2: Hungry, hungry. The knife, the knife to break it house, just bam, and then becomes yelp all of a sudden, like too hot, too cold, I want to speak to the man of Jule. Then she starts breaking on a furniture.
Speaker 8: How are you gonna break how are you gonna break it?
Speaker 2: A child?
Speaker 3: She breaks the furniture could sustain the weight of a bear until that moment, but now she's breaking it just bam, just breaking, bam, breaking all the Wayfair hurts.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, my face hurts, because it's real.
Speaker 2: Why don't we look at these books? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the most Karen moment, the most Karen moment, yeah, is when the bears come home. When the bears come back, these black bears come back to their home or twenty twenty two bears of color, when they come back to their house. Yes, yes, they come back. They're like, excuse me, wrong, house Miths. And She's like, oh my god, I am so terrified. I feel so afraid of these black bears.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, ha ha, Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, should I be laughing? It's too realm. You know what, maybe we can make it into a movie and Jordan Peele will direct. Oh you know, you know, no, we got to bring our first guests out. We got a lot of show to get to and this is fun as fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our first guest. It's a writer podcaster.
Speaker 3: His podcast is called Unhappy Hour and his book Everything is Awful by It. Today, please give a warm welcome to Matt Bellason.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, yes, yes, or yes mori Yes, you're just right over there, Matt Belliside, Matt Belliside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a delightful last name.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 7: This is water God, damn is it just hard Seltzer?
Speaker 2: That's heart Truly, I.
Speaker 7: Drank card Seltzer. It is truly. Shout out to truly, shout.
Speaker 3: Out our sponsor, truly really make it happen with truly today. Yeah, well, thanks for coming, Matt.
Speaker 10: Thank you for having me. I literally like bought tickets to be in the audience. And then Michelle dmmian was like.
Speaker 2: You, I love that spot.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you remember the first time you were in love?
Speaker 3: Oh God, that demands an airhorn, Like, do you remember that?
Speaker 1: Remember the first time you were in love? Was it mutual? Were you able to get your show?
Speaker 7: Obviously not? It Wasn't it happens.
Speaker 10: I'm from Chicago, the suburbs of Chicago.
Speaker 7: Shout out, other white people. I did. I fell in love with a straight guy in college. Bad news. Don't do that ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, was he what happened?
Speaker 1: Was here?
Speaker 7: Is what happened? I don't have a vagina? Is what happened?
Speaker 1: Or bullfuck?
Speaker 7: I'm not going to do the math on that joke.
Speaker 2: What was it about him that was?
Speaker 6: Was he?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 7: Honestly nothing?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: I don't really know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, literally, it was like a skinny white engineer.
Speaker 7: Nothing was going for him.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was rich though, Okay any security security?
Speaker 7: His dad was like an oil baron.
Speaker 6: What's his name?
Speaker 2: We'll bleep, we will totally bleep it out.
Speaker 10: I'm sure his yaw is being seized right now. Oh my god, who won in the end?
Speaker 1: Exactly when was the first time you fell in love? And it was mutuel?
Speaker 3: We're still working on that. Uh, did you have a COVID love or no? Did you did you know the love? Do you have a COVID love?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: I mean this guy right here in my right hand.
Speaker 1: Mine is my left hand.
Speaker 3: This is fascinating, but I'm right.
Speaker 1: I'm righty. That's why I wanted to feel different. I give her a break. Over here, I dribble with both hands. But go ahead, craziest COVID hookup.
Speaker 10: I didn't really do a COVID. I was like deep in a bubble, you know what I mean, Like the.
Speaker 7: Wall was thick of the bubble wall was thick.
Speaker 3: So you were you were worried about your Why why were you worried? Some I mean beyond obviously.
Speaker 2: Okay, so dead.
Speaker 7: I didn't go on one day clear like COVID day height of COVID. Yeah. I threw caution into the wind.
Speaker 1: Went on a date.
Speaker 7: We went to like hide What is the park called Grand Highline?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 7: Hyde Park?
Speaker 2: Is that in New York? Hyde Park? Hyde Park in Chicago? And New York Park?
Speaker 10: Okay, okay, what's the one on like thirty fourth Street? Everyone shouted something different, the one near the library. Oh it's like I said, like.
Speaker 2: For Bryant Bryan Bryan Park Park. Okay, okay, down, this is a nice man. Yeah, well that from there?
Speaker 7: The fuck is the matter with you? I'm gonna get a shot on my way out from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did y'all talk about before you met up? Are you gonna like elbow? Are you gonna take your masks?
Speaker 6: Like? Hi?
Speaker 10: No, we didn't really like yeah, we didn't preface it. Honestly, this is a red flag from the beginning. He we we match on Tinder. We were talking and it was going good. And the day that we match on Tinder, we exchange numbers and he.
Speaker 7: Facetimed me without.
Speaker 2: Notice. Who does that?
Speaker 1: Someone from another country?
Speaker 2: Still went on a date with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you pick up the FaceTime?
Speaker 7: I denied it like two times, and he was very insistent.
Speaker 1: By the third time.
Speaker 10: I was like fine, fine, fine, I'd like put clothes on and was like, okay, I can answer it.
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of get that though, because he wants to know that you're real too, yup.
Speaker 7: But not out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You got to schedule a FaceTime.
Speaker 7: Right right right.
Speaker 2: I need a notice beforehand, Gotta get the Glas squad.
Speaker 1: I don't schedule my face times with a stranger someone you just met that day. That's true, you have a point.
Speaker 7: And then afterwards it was like fire. The day was fine, nothing like bad.
Speaker 10: Like nothing bad happened, but then he started sending me like a tree that he wrote you.
Speaker 2: It's not even about me.
Speaker 10: That would have been better if I got like sonnets in my name. No, it was just like about how lonely he was.
Speaker 2: What's his.
Speaker 1: Probably here tonight?
Speaker 2: I know here might be.
Speaker 7: I'm so sorry. If you are, you're nice.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in love with someone who is still in the closet?
Speaker 7: No, Michelle, it's twenty twenty two.
Speaker 10: Actually it happened, though, I know, I know, but I haven't.
Speaker 7: I haven't. I kind of like run the other way.
Speaker 10: I'm like, yeah, I could fall too easily, So I know, like that is one bad situation that after a first day after we match.
Speaker 7: I'm like, this is it. This is the one. So I gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: You fall in love too easily or absolutely yeah you literally.
Speaker 10: I'll I like, I match with someone. I mean, I'm psychotic, don't do this, but I'll image with someone and then like obviously you like find their mom's LinkedIn and like.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Got the mom's LinkedIn?
Speaker 2: As John Oliver was you got hold in a minute? Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, back back up. How do you find their mama's LinkedIn?
Speaker 1: How you doing it?
Speaker 7: I've been deep deep rethearch.
Speaker 2: Okay, the liam is going on, but on LinkedIn people can see that you saw their pain.
Speaker 10: I have a burner account, Babe's okay.
Speaker 2: We need Oh my god, I don't really have a burner.
Speaker 10: Account on LinkedIn that I use because I know they notify schmat You're like, oh my god, what lists is he on?
Speaker 7: And I'll yeah find out, you know where they were?
Speaker 2: What his mama is?
Speaker 6: Is it? Deep boat?
Speaker 1: Make some noise if y'all have a burner account.
Speaker 2: This is the honest section over here. They're like, we would count.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they're boot up. Make some noise of your boot up.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Someone was like, fuck, yes, I got a burner account. I guess that's a what in the catfish is going wrong?
Speaker 2: That's why he thinks you're a romantical.
Speaker 1: You're romantical, you're a serial monogamous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think that's true.
Speaker 10: But yeah, I'm not going to like send some one poetry after a first date.
Speaker 3: So you're romantic, but you get turned off by people that are perhaps more romantic.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, no, I'm like psychologically fucked.
Speaker 1: I mean, all this weekly, I gotta ask, I gotta ask, do you know why? Because sometimes the why sets us free.
Speaker 2: This self help session. It's not wrong, it's not wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna move on. But I just have one question. I'm just have one question. Do you believe that you are worthy of love?
Speaker 2: What if I said no?
Speaker 3: What if I'm here to tell you all the things no matter what?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good.
Speaker 10: I feel berated into an answer that seems like I'm not being genuine.
Speaker 7: But of course I know.
Speaker 1: I know you're I know you're just are you a person?
Speaker 7: I love a com?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, homophobia?
Speaker 1: If you love rom coms, maybe I can suggest a movie called Marry Me. Okay. So we're gonna get to the questions from the audience, but we always like to close our little chitty chat with what's the most adult thing you've done for yourself in like the past? I don't know what day is I I.
Speaker 10: Had I had my first adult tooth pulled this week?
Speaker 2: Are you okay in the back.
Speaker 10: Or wisdom to you? They pulled? I was I was brave, Yeah, I was the bravest boy.
Speaker 1: That's where else do.
Speaker 2: You get your wisdom to you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Why are we bringing all of ours? Put it off? Why is this turn into a town hall meeting?
Speaker 4: Okay, when he's a teenage I got.
Speaker 7: It's not like your first period, like you can do it later in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, So how did that feel?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 7: Are you yead? Actually?
Speaker 1: Did you get the bike it in?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: They didn't give me any pain meds.
Speaker 2: I really.
Speaker 1: They didn't over the counter.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, yeah.
Speaker 10: He was just like, you could do the you know, you know I can't.
Speaker 2: Who said that you can do? Doctor said that.
Speaker 7: I don't even know his name. Actually, that's.
Speaker 1: It's like a bad mushroom trip. Let's do some question.
Speaker 2: First question, First question.
Speaker 3: How do you have casual sex while respecting your boundaries?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: So easy?
Speaker 7: Right, you have a sheet in between you with a hole in it.
Speaker 1: Why at the Amish wedding is going on? I will say when I was single, rate to mingle ale. I'm telling this to a room full of strangers, I was so fucked up that I couldn't have an orgasm unless it wasn't one.
Speaker 7: I stand.
Speaker 1: This is true, and so I would bring them home and put them in the shower, because then I would also, let's get that shit clean first all. But also let's see how giving you are. Are you giving me most of the water or is this all about you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I don't know how to do it with straight men. Yeah, you're bringing that. You better wash it off for.
Speaker 7: Straight men.
Speaker 10: I have one of my other straight friends in college told me he didn't wash his asshole.
Speaker 7: He just let the soap do the work.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was like, that's not how boubles work at all.
Speaker 10: Not at all, That's not how soap works.
Speaker 3: You gotta get in there with like lovat. Okay, so casual sex me, I have formal sex.
Speaker 2: I like to we're at tuxedo and a cumber Bunton tuxedo more like fuck sedo done with the come on, come on, all right, what about you?
Speaker 6: What about you?
Speaker 2: Done? I need you to repeat the question. Spelling rules, you keep.
Speaker 1: Your boundaries with casual sex.
Speaker 2: I have a shared note that I air dropped the people.
Speaker 6: Well, are you.
Speaker 1: Trying to Derek Jeter motherfuckers with a text? You know Derek Jeter back in the day he had a gift basket for bitches in the one night stand, which I'm like, I wish I had a motherfucker gift basket.
Speaker 3: I okay, Then when do you wash your privates in the rotation?
Speaker 1: Just talk about this.
Speaker 7: People are really struggling with this.
Speaker 2: When do you watch your ass?
Speaker 1: That's wild every day?
Speaker 7: Multiple times?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I look at like ads for bedets and I'm like, beidays. You know, I'm like that could be me. I want that.
Speaker 2: I want a bed day.
Speaker 1: I have a Japanese toilet. Oh, I just got it. She fancy and it's my best friend gas Miles. One of those bitches like I gots to every time I take a shit. I gotta take a shower. Yeah, you know, I gotta thank.
Speaker 6: You so much.
Speaker 1: You want to stand me so much, But I gotta feel clean all little fall and when I take a shit, I feel like my toes are dirty somehow. I'm just like no. When people just like drop a deuce and go out in the world and shake people's hands, I'm like, huh.
Speaker 2: For me personally, ass comes last. It's like ass last.
Speaker 1: Are you just doing that because it rhymes.
Speaker 2: Yes and it works?
Speaker 3: Ass Last, Get the rest of your body then get in there in the backfield.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I guess it depends what kind of day I've had. I never really realized, especially being a twin mom. I just go in fast. I get the hotspots, like a fucking walk of shame. I'm like, get gut. And it's nice to take a long, meaningful shower sometimes with music. I take showers with music. Now. I never did that before, but that just makes it. You can like really see the SuDS and shit. And then I even take my tie. I stay in that steamy shower and put oil all my body, just a nice little oil.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's gonna it's nice.
Speaker 1: And you know what really inspired me. I hate to say it, but like TikTok, everybody's out here doing their hair and looks so meaningful, and that's not me. I look like the last five minutes of Top Chef, I'm like trying to get all the ingredients on the plate for Tom Calichio. These pictures out here were full sprays. I'm like, oh, I gotta do that.
Speaker 2: What's the next question? One more question? One more question? Next question?
Speaker 3: I'm here, Yeah, all right, Do you have any tips on maintaining friendships?
Speaker 10: I mean, I just feel like if you're asking the question, you gotta, you know, give them back to Jesus.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I.
Speaker 7: Give them back to God?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I feel like people forget it about You know, you have to put in the work in a friendship, just like an actual relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, you.
Speaker 10: Gotta go on friend day. It's you know, right? Yeah, fuck every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Thank you if you want.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: That fellasy.
Speaker 1: What time do you guys have to get home tonight? Let's just get to our next guest.
Speaker 2: You want to get to the next guest, Let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: She's fucking amazing. She's a dope comedian. She's also an act dress. You can catch her on Hulu and Amy Schumer's new show Life and Back. Please give it up for yer.
Speaker 2: Na Sunder Yes, yes, yes, yum yums.
Speaker 1: When am I supposed to sit here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sit there.
Speaker 2: We're blessed to have it.
Speaker 1: Ya.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 4: I saw you standing Michelle's I was nervous. I'd have to stand.
Speaker 2: Let me ship, Let me get this for you.
Speaker 1: Why do you have your mask on your hands?
Speaker 2: Where are you going?
Speaker 1: Just in case? Ship Pap Paul I can't prepare it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Looking cute as fuck? Yeah, you look cute, y'all look cute.
Speaker 3: The last time you were here, you told us the best story ever. Yeah, about your friend that you walked over on the bridge.
Speaker 2: Walked here and I.
Speaker 1: Got into another fight, uh with a friend. No, I got into what are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Whatever you want?
Speaker 1: We were talking. I think we were talking about friendships the episode you did, and you were like, I had to walk a friend over the bridge, and that's the best time to have a conversation with someone you don't like because you can just leave them.
Speaker 4: Leave and you got rid of them. I haven't talked to that person since. And I got into a fight, physical fight. Maybe it was physical, metaphysical, I don't know. I have to be very I have to be very careful with the details because I can't say who I got you, because it's how I profile.
Speaker 1: Williams allegedly is going on.
Speaker 2: Wow you and Anthony Fauci.
Speaker 1: I used to suck his dick for the cure.
Speaker 4: But can you imagine, Yeah, I got into I didn't get I was This is about friendship again, right where you have to like, you gotta assess your friends, right, even when they got like millions of dollars you gotta be like, I can't funk with you no more. Somebody got into a fight with them and I was there and it all, all of the fight broke out on a stretch of road that is in New York City.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be too specific.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it's not.
Speaker 1: A very busy stretch of road.
Speaker 4: And one minute I was I was in a car and the next minute I was fighting outside of the car.
Speaker 1: Inspire just nigga shit.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Interesting, half the crowd is like, now, no white people, y'all get.
Speaker 4: Nigga sh y'all started nigga shit. Niggas took over nigga shit from y'all. But yeah, no, it was just wild and it was like you know, you got you, you know, you just go, you know, let me maybe I don't get in a car with them no more, you know what I mean. Like, so our friendship, all our friendship has to be in a place.
Speaker 1: With no wheels.
Speaker 4: Right, the older you get, the more you have to compartmentalized. Like, you know, you got a drunk girl, like whoever woo, that's the drunk bitch, right, So you got that girl that's always like so you're like, you know, I can't go nowhere with her, you know what I'm saying, that requires anything but woo. You know you can't take her to the library, you know, you know what you're getting into?
Speaker 1: No balance, you know what I'm saying, Like, none of that.
Speaker 2: It's got to be like ass concert something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I realized doing First Wives Club a lot of the black actors. I looked around at one meeting and it was all white executives and then us, and I was like, holy shit, we all are just code switching right now. And didn't even fucking no, I didn't even realized we were doing it. But we're all like sitting up and doing the thing. And I was like, fuck, And no one talks about that because you want to keep your job, you want to make money, and uh, I'm the wrong person. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's why when I came out here, y'all barely was clad. Y'all know who fuck I am? Because my mouth has done a lot to my career.
Speaker 1: That's not true. No, I don't code switch you either on my ship or not.
Speaker 4: But I get it with a bunch of white people at a black network or eyeballing you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I think.
Speaker 1: I also think there's a healthy balance, like.
Speaker 4: Right, don't even like, wait a minute, why a fuck all these white people at b ET, Brian, You's something wrong so you gotta Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's a healthy balance because I saw you work with Meredith Vera in daytime TV on a couch.
Speaker 4: Well, they was constantly in my ear about toning it down. Oh really yeah, I got into a lot of shit there. One of my biggest things I'll say, and this is no disrespect to anybody, but I will say this, which I think is probably really a hindrance in my career. They wanted to talk to about something that I told them I didn't want to talk about, right shit, And this wasn't on Mareadith's on some of the other people there, and they wanted to talk about it.
Speaker 1: I got silent.
Speaker 4: I said, well, you know, I can't be the person that's not going to talk about this shit because I'm the person that makes the sh so funny.
Speaker 1: But they they risked it.
Speaker 4: So I just sat on camera for four minutes and blinked, and they.
Speaker 1: Was in my ear, you're gonna say something.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know, I mean, I won't do that again, but I felt that, like, you know, I won't do that again, because I mean I.
Speaker 1: Was younger than I mean not. It wasn't like I was twelve.
Speaker 4: But sometimes you just have to figure out how to process what you don't want to fuck with, but also that you are part of a group of people who have to, you know, look like is popping so and it.
Speaker 1: Really is for everybody. We have a friend who's Persian. He's like also twenty years in, I think year fifteen, he's like, I'm gonna stop doing auditions with an accent, like I have to stop doing that. Yeah, for me, it was I was getting a lot of lesbian rolls to audition four oh girl, and then I was like, I believe love is love. But like by year one and a half two, I was like, stop, just give it to someone who's gay, please, because they deserve that shit. So I feel like, yeah, give old somebody who's gay.
Speaker 4: And then also I get roles for like fifty sixty year old women. I'd be looking at myself like, here, what are you giving off?
Speaker 1: I was in an audition. I was in an audit.
Speaker 4: And it was one of the women from two to seven time, I'm not getting.
Speaker 6: You out on.
Speaker 4: Girls. She came with the window still. It was one of the ladies whom to two seven. I forget who the one, you like, one of the periphery bitches and you know when you're like, oh yeah, yeah, you know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: So I was with her.
Speaker 4: It was her, It was Spike Lee's sister was there. And the light skin I think it was a light skin on viv Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, we don't know.
Speaker 4: But they all got to work, you know what I'm saying, because you know, they all got kicked out of the Belet mansion.
Speaker 2: But I forget one.
Speaker 4: But I looked at the women and I'm not ragging on these women. These are all accomplished women, you know, talented women, obviously gorgeous women. But I'm not in not even in their age range, you know what I'm saying, Like they in my mom's age range. So I'm trying to figure out what the fuck am I doing here, trying to not beat them out of a road that like, why wouldn't they get it? Why you gotta have all this extra chocolate just laying around?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? Can I tell you now that I'm on the other side. Yeah, there's one person in that group that loves you and wants people to see you. That's what that is. So it's not like you are like them and you're all together. It's just it is. It is a truly, it's like a producer or someone on the team that's just like, please bring her in. She's so funny. If she doesn't do this, just let her show you the chop she got. She could do something else. That's what the fuck that is. So like, never waste that moment because.
Speaker 4: You've never feel like somebody will start clapping. Do not start clapping.
Speaker 1: We could do my airhorn.
Speaker 3: I will say for my part, I often and this is bullshit. I constantly like get auditions for computer tech and I don't know what that's about, when obviously I'm accounts receivable, you know.
Speaker 6: The fuck?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Can I get another milk stout?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I get more?
Speaker 6: Jose?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much. I'm just gonna yell it out.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite moments. I don't know the first time y'all met, but I remember meeting you for the first time was at Hamburger Harry's Gladys something of the other was yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: The North remembers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Lock, it was a Wednesday, a little blustery high, wore a light jacket ahead.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I studied under Maya Angelou, you know she never forget Sonny Yeah, oh oh my goodness. No, but I remember Gladys. Yeah, we did Hamburger, Harry's. Yeah, I'm interested in the hearing what you know, Youmber? So this is this is It was a real pay you do.
Speaker 1: It's kind of kind of spot where you had to pay for the open mic and then pay for the drink. You just had to pay to be there. And uh, I remember when you walked on stage, and this was a long time ago. You had no fucking care in the world. It was your time, no matter the funk. What you had, box braids, if very like plus sized poetic justice. And I looked at you and it wasn't even like you were laughing at your own jokes. But it was just like it was just so dynamic in a way where I was like, she got it, you know what I mean, but not only on stage, but it's just like you definitely were all working through some shit. But it was just like I felt like right away, if she ain't right you're gonna try and figure it out, Like what is it call when someone is curious and wants to learn and grow.
Speaker 2: They're curious. Yeah, intellectually curious. Intellectually curious.
Speaker 1: But Mahogany Hallmark car.
Speaker 3: Yes, she asked, I answered, yeah, you'd already made it STI the finish line.
Speaker 2: You did great. But you're intellectually curious. That's what I love about you.
Speaker 3: And you're always like just like true to who you are in every no matter what.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fucking what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly where my career is.
Speaker 6: Where it is.
Speaker 1: Fuck that, hold on, locker, hold.
Speaker 2: On, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, like you're on all ten apps right, life and.
Speaker 4: Bath No, I mean listen, let me just say something to these young kids out here so they can really get the vibe. I locked into who the fuck I was a long time ago, but I had a lot of things that had me locking. I moved to New York when I was twenty going on twenty one. I wasn't experienced with a lot of shit. I had a lot of motherfuckers trying to move me certain ways, do certain shit to me, and I just had to get get tough about who I was, right, So that's where that came from. And then I went overboard with it because then you put like a hard shell up and you're like, well, you're not gonna fuck with me.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do my shit.
Speaker 4: And I know that there's something there and I can't have people influencing who I am in the process of me trying to find out who I am. So then you know, you get to a point like now I'm leveling out right because I used to.
Speaker 2: Be wow, you know what I mean. I used to be real wow.
Speaker 4: I used to damn motherfucker. I used to fight niggas like yes, and I don't even know how to fight like that, but they know it. They know I had like one too many, like male comics say some shit to me, and I was like, the next nigga to say some shit to me.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be wearing this mic in your pe hole.
Speaker 3: And I and yeah, a nigga, I've apologized and still I think that, you know, I think we come to a good place.
Speaker 1: You know, since you started, How do you think the landscape has changed in the industry for a black female comedian and yankes? You know, that's so that's so deep.
Speaker 2: Or how has it changed for you?
Speaker 4: You know, I listen, I'm I think of myself as we all think ab ourselves as individuals, right, we never really think about how people see us. So when we go into stuff, we just want the best, like everybody else wants the best. We want the opportunity to show who we are and there's differences and this and that. I mean, I think there's more opportunity for black women to show differences, right, because it used to be like you have to be this type that type, or you had to do this certain thing, not do this certain thing, you had to be on the side. Couldn't really be distarve it, you know. But also I think that's because a lot of black women, you know, you Me, you know, Phoebe, Calise, a lot of black women have been in the business and doing comedy for a long time now. So we all sort of got to this place where we already know what the fuck we want, we know what we want to say, and then we also have, like you know, support is very important, you guys, coming out and supporting people. If you want to see more people do their thing, you got to support them because that's what you know the industry looking for. They don't give a fuck about anything else. Who won't come out and watch the show, who won't come out and support So the more you guys root for the people you want to see, the more you get to see this beautiful blanket of different people and not the same sort of story all you know over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Take cpen, Okay, get to the questions real quick.
Speaker 2: Okay. The question is what would you change about your first time?
Speaker 1: First time? What doing comedy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? His first time?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 1: Nothing. I mean maybe it would be someone that I know, but my boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend, and I would saving myself a marriage. So I was like, fuck it, I'm a fuck i'ma have sex with someone who bought a lot of shirts from me at the Cherry Hill Mall when I worked at Merricka.
Speaker 3: Around stage, set the stage.
Speaker 1: So we went back to his Honda Accord in the Cherry Hill Mall park a lot and uh, I wore as on the first time.
Speaker 2: And that man today.
Speaker 1: And then he took me to Camden to get I bought my first joint anyone from South Jersey. Cool cool, cool coo cool.
Speaker 2: I swear he made the Campbell soup at Camden.
Speaker 1: Right, what about your first time?
Speaker 4: Wait, you got to a cherry popped at Cherry Hill? Talk about the wonder years? You use a condo?
Speaker 1: Yes, he was.
Speaker 4: Really prepared for somebody buying shirts and shit at the mall. Yeah, that's not like a half hands a motherfucker just buying shirts at the mall.
Speaker 1: And Mary go around. It was a straight nigga that came in America. He boss shirt. Yeah, it was back to.
Speaker 2: School and he got a.
Speaker 1: Lot of Calconie.
Speaker 2: What in the euphoria was half do you want to do it? You want to fuck me?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's not like an episode of the Cosmic show. Hey, motherfucker, it was still around.
Speaker 3: It was my first time. Uh, there're not not a lot I want to change about it. Uh what can I change? I actually was looking at the stat not the it was the Empire State Building while I was.
Speaker 2: Enjoying this woman's body.
Speaker 4: Uh so it was uh Empire said, were you fucking Madonna?
Speaker 2: She had a really cool, cool apartment and it had a great view.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm gonna focus on this and like not come quickly, you know, like I'm really gonna know you were in college impressed? No, well, yeah I was in college. I made it through my freshman year just like unfazed. You know, nobody wanted this. And so then I got to New York City and uh, this lady picked me up and it was like, I was like, thank you.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 1: Was going on? Don what about you?
Speaker 2: Uh? If I could change anything, I would I would just wait a little longer. I would have waited. Okay, can we ask? I was like eighth, ninth grade or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wowbody, this is no judgment.
Speaker 2: So that's why I would have waited. I didn't know what the funk I was doing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Clear, So we got to be worried.
Speaker 2: We have a very desperate question that just says taxes S O S. Holy shit, leave leave I feel you. Why did you buy a ticket to this.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say, I feel you. The I R S is fucking real.
Speaker 2: So we love the I R S. We love them.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, go to each and R block. Don't call one eight hundred number. Ask your smartest friend. If you have a friend like that looks like Jordan, we should ask some about your taxes.
Speaker 2: And you'd be right to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta do your taxes. What's the next question?
Speaker 3: The next question is is how do you make new friends as an adult?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: You say hi friend? Now, I'm kidding. Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's something about like there's something about adults, like there's a I was listening to this podcast that never begins. Well but uh, but it's like it's like there's coconut people and then there's peach people. And coconut people are hard on the outside and soft on the inside or Sabra thank you israelm and peach people happen to be like soft on the outside with them the more.
Speaker 2: You get but listen, but the closer.
Speaker 3: You get to the center, it's harder, like a pit, and it's harder to penetrate. Most Americans are like, we're like peaches. We're like, well, we'll small talk with you and bullshit with you, but but but we don't let people in.
Speaker 2: So the so the question is like, yeah, Yams is like all right, motherfucker.
Speaker 6: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: What would question is can you make that? You know what I'm saying, that's the question.
Speaker 3: I've been able to make a few friends as of So you're you're a peach.
Speaker 2: You're I'm a Oh I'm a hell of a peach.
Speaker 3: But uh, but I feel like I've let myself go in some in some instances and actually made friends. I lost a friend. I lost a friend for real, like to suicide and so and.
Speaker 2: So like like three years ago. Yeah, three years ago.
Speaker 3: So making new friends like was was really hard. But you can do it and you don't have to be the best friends. And I think that was my problem, is like trying to be the best friend and replace that person. You can never do that, but you can have a friendship and need something to another person.
Speaker 2: This got really fucking serious.
Speaker 3: But I think it's I think it's important because you'll never be able to replace that person, but you'll add a new like paint to the palate. Oh my god, the more you know, everybody, I'm gonna get through this. What was the question, how do you make a friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, don't ask that question. That's a bad starter. No, But but I'm trying to figure out who in here.
Speaker 1: Don't have a friend.
Speaker 4: Everywhere I look, it looked like everybody bundled up and shipped together. So there's somebody out there that's feeling lonely looking for friends. I say, don't look for friends, you see, because you're putting too much into it. I always have I'm a I'm a coconut bro talk.
Speaker 1: I'm out of peach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm a scorpio in November, scorpio.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you have cats, and you are like a cat. I don't know what your looks mean. No, I don't know what's gonna happen. I'm not gonna speak to you.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, right, I have my own self, the processes that's happening inside of me at any point in time. My friends who have known me for years, No, the first couple of minutes you around me, I gotta get back into the group. I don't care if I saw you yesterday, so I'm not probably not gonna fuck with you. And I also don't want you to say nothing to me. So I'm a difficult for. I'm a difficult for.
Speaker 1: It's like fifty first date. It's yes, over and over.
Speaker 4: And over, and I'm very I'm temperamental. I'm in a mood, I'm in a thing. I'm processing something. I'm having a whole theater in my head.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: People don't understand that if I let you stay in my space and I don't say get the fuck away from me, de means I love you. Here's the thing I'm like. It is very much the wiring inside of me. I don't have so much energy that I can expend because, like I, once I get into.
Speaker 1: Giving you energy, I'm giving you all my energy.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you everything. I'm not the friend you call to give you a smile, give you any positive.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm not. I'm not. I'm not that.
Speaker 4: I'm the friend you call when it's time to go, like when you like, bitch, I donet exhausted every resource.
Speaker 2: I'm about to do that.
Speaker 4: Then then i'm the bitches like, okay, all right, that's me. I can help you. Rock bottom bitches is who I need. Don't call it's because if you call me, I'm gonna go. It's ten of the niggas you could have called before me. I'm busy break and when everything is done, bitch, and I'll help you rebuild.
Speaker 1: From the murk.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I don't want to be the third or.
Speaker 4: Fourth bitch you call out of twenty bitches.
Speaker 3: I want to be the twentieth son. You're like the Michael Clayton of friends. I got you, I.
Speaker 1: Know, by the way, all right, So we got to wrap it up. What's the most adult thing you did for yourself in the last last two months? Most adult think you did for yourself? I cuss these motherfuckers out.
Speaker 4: Cut Steve's white nigga's out on a plane coming from Boca Boca return. But some buker bitch tried to get wrong with me on a plane, and.
Speaker 1: I took that bitch to task.
Speaker 4: But I'm glad this is the way I took her to task in a very adult way.
Speaker 1: It wasn't It wasn't old school.
Speaker 4: Yam where it's just like, you know what, I gotta unbuckle my seat until the bitch next to me hold my drink. I'm gonna jump the fuck over here, and I'm gonna rip this bitch apart. It was very much like passive aggressive, which I'm learning very you know what I mean, Like I was thrown Yeah, yeah, I know how to be a passive aggressive bitch.
Speaker 1: So here's what happened. Quick. I gotta nucule, got rap up. I gonna be quick quick.
Speaker 4: So I was flying back from I was in Boca, but I had to go to Fort Lord to Dale on the Florida.
Speaker 1: To me, I just want to piss on it. Excuse me be from there.
Speaker 4: So you know, if I was be able to fly for laughter zel, So this is what I did on my way back, you know, with the COVID and shit, I don't want motherfucker sitting next to me. So I had clocked this one flight that didn't have anybody in my rum, right, but that required me to go to Newark. Okay, right, but nobody here Newark, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You gotta like balance it.
Speaker 4: So of course by the time it was time for me to take the flight, now motherfuckers want to sit there some bitch your kid, you know, you know what I mean, Like, bitch, you ain't had to get on here with this motherfucker. And then the kid trying to touch me because he thinks I'm somebody Like, no, nigga, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You go to your dad, right. So now I.
Speaker 4: Now, because I can't focus on this family who's having a good time. They happy, right because they done found two seats that they thought they wasn't gonna have. And I'm pissed because they got the two seats. I didn't want them to fucking have. So now I can't focus on him because I don't want to get him no attitude. So you know how you just start looking in the space head right, so you don't. So I'm just looking in a little space. So now it's feeding time. Feeding time on the plane is where most of the fights are gonna happen moving forward. I'm just telling you because I already peak game. So feeding time and they apparently feeding you on these flights. Now, I was in first class. They chucked a bar. I said, bitch, a box and it had peanuts and ship in it. I said, no, bitch, I'm not I'm just gonna fly economy.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what you niggas is doing out here.
Speaker 4: But so I'm looking in the little, the little you know, space, and uh, the woman said, you know, the flights kept going back.
Speaker 1: She says, well, you know, everybody, you got it actively.
Speaker 4: Now, where you're actively eating and drinking and stuff, you can take your mask down. But if you're not actively eating and drinking, you got to keep your mask up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: She done said that ship a thousand times, and they started to ring in my spirit.
Speaker 1: I said, what she saying it.
Speaker 4: And then I look at these niggas in front of me, white niggas, and the bits have her mask right here.
Speaker 2: Right on her shit.
Speaker 1: But then she took it.
Speaker 4: Off and I said, ma'am, you gotta put your mask back on. Said because it's been like twenty minutes and you you not actively eating and drinking right, And I said, I know you're gonna have an attitude whatever.
Speaker 1: She goes. She turns around. She goes, if you have a problem, maybe you should stay home.
Speaker 2: Incorrect? Incorrect? Did you yo?
Speaker 1: She had a little husband next to her.
Speaker 4: He had a damn boufont one of them fucking bouffonts.
Speaker 2: Would all the.
Speaker 4: Hairspray that kept it together. She team, I ain't couples going. Yeah, that's what I said. I said, Well, first of all, I said, listen, I said, I don't know why I'm talking to you about some shit you supposed to do. This is not some man did I create. We're supposed to be having our masks.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 4: I don't know because I didn't cuss her out, Okay.
Speaker 1: Right, your I didn't you know what I said to her. I said, listen, let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you this and a nice way because I came here to work.
Speaker 1: There's no reason for me to go to Florida, bitch unless I'm working right now.
Speaker 4: Clearly you a dusty ass bitch because you flying from fucking Fort lorda Dale to Newark, bitch.
Speaker 2: I mean you stay home, bitch.
Speaker 1: Don't nobody need Who the fuck need the bitch.
Speaker 2: Going for Fort lorda Dale.
Speaker 1: To new work bits and.
Speaker 5: Your fucking husband and his goddamn boo fuck.
Speaker 1: Why Jane, do.
Speaker 2: Get on your feet, get on your feet for your Monikas Dondos. I love you, but tear red. Oh my god, wow, Ryan.
Speaker 1: With us all the things. We love your questions, we love your spirit.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 1: I also have deodorant. I love my deodorant for my thighs so I don't chafe. And those are the things I love. And I love you. Jordan.
Speaker 2: I love you too, Michelle.
Speaker 3: I realized the love that you have for me is like an unconditional love because I'm a member of the family and you're like, oh my god, look at this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh well what a mess. Yeah, yes, all the fucking time. But I love myself more. So I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, bye bye, fair this has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Our Senior producer is Natalie Wrinn.
Speaker 2: Senior Managing Producer is Hannah Kyle Praig.
Speaker 1: This episode was sound design and.
Speaker 8: Mixed by Andrew Eapen and engineered by Ryo Bomb.
Speaker 1: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by DJ don Will.
Speaker 1: Photography by Rai Spender Molst, artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 8: Executive produced by Karen Kilgarret, Georgia Hartstark and Danielle Kramer.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pot.
Speaker 8: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com m