Speaker 1: Shout out as a broken wave. Shut up.
Speaker 2: That's the.
Speaker 1: It's just like that. We'll back broken play on no way. I am your host, Nave green Man. It's a blessing to be back.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: A lot has happened, A lot has happened. Let's let's let's get into it. Let's get into these comments first of all. Uh, we'll get into how we did last week later, because that's not that's a low light.
Speaker 3: We need to put us with the low lights. We did horrible. Uh, we got a few comments. I'm gonna read a few.
Speaker 1: We ain't.
Speaker 3: We're gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we knownna keep Islam.
Speaker 3: I like this one. This shit is like Stuart Scott meets Snow in the bluff. We need more. I like how you bring them two words together.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Little C nineteen ninety five says, get me a job on this set?
Speaker 3: Man, where can I send my resume?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: This is my favorite sports show, hands down.
Speaker 1: Let me start right now, four weeks saying this his favorite sports show. Imagine what he gonna say after this week period. Also on the description y'all misspelled, Michael Jordan can't do that.
Speaker 3: Man like that, nigga, this is not. Michael Jordan.
Speaker 1: Tyler said, this is the nigga who we chasing. Little meets them in bm L what not to take them name?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, I don't know who that is. That ain't even got on Jodan's That nigga got on feelies. We took keeping it in the budget though. Oh man, Curtis Parker, No, you didn't say that. He said we gonna wake up one day and now gonna fuck around and be on ESPN. Keep going. Now, see that's where you're fucking up back. ESPN ain't gonna let me do what I'm doing right now, So that's why this ship is staying on.
Speaker 3: Channel eighty five out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I will come and do some guest correspondence with ESPN because I know they already stealing my shit and we ain't gonna get into that. But speaking of getting into that, Doc Rivers done got his ass fired, so he might need to be on ESBN. Man, let me say this real quick. Whoever said Doc Rivers was a great coach?
Speaker 3: What made you believe it?
Speaker 1: What has Doc Rivers did in the league? Honestly, marcell he won one ring with the Big.
Speaker 3: Three you was one out of two. They only with that.
Speaker 1: He never he never did nothing, Clippers never won anything.
Speaker 4: I agree. I saw this coming. Doctors ranked top fifteen coaches of all time when they did the seventy five year season. I didn't. I didn't like it. I didn't believe it. Doc. He needed to be gone, especially after losing, being up three to two again and losing the league.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: And I'm not just gonna blame now with this. I don't think Doc Rivers is a great coach. He's a cool coach, like he's cool, but that wasn't his fall and feeling. And I'm gonna tell you why inbead I saw your press conference to say you and harn can't.
Speaker 3: Do it by y'all.
Speaker 1: You nigga, Yes the fuck you can. You just won the MVP.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to do it by yourself.
Speaker 1: People be getting it twisted when you are getting superstar money, franchise player money. In game sevens you supposed to do what Tatum did.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 3: You could say what all.
Speaker 1: You want to say about Tatum them first six game, Game seven, the game on the line, what Tatum do fifty one points? I can't say nothing about you and be it. If you would have had fifty two nigga, y'all would have won. But you ain't got that mentality, and you just got another black man fired Boustard my bat. I had to get that on. Get that off, man. What are you waiting for? Prize pigs? All first time users that deposit and use this promo code or see one hundred percent instant deposit match up to one hundred dollars. If you put down sixty, you gonna get sixty dollars, but you could go up to one hundred and get one hundred free dollars. So that's a total of two hundred dollars. You got to win some money, man, y'all playing it's almost the NBA Playoffs almost over. It's available and over thirty. What are you waiting for? Go ahead over that Prize picks right now. You know why they call it prize picks because if you picks the right things, you getting a prize. Tell a Broken Place sent you download Prize Picks, use our promo code Broken Play, and when you sign up, they gonna match the money. It don't get no easier than that. Then when you come back, I'm gonna throw you some picks that I know are legit and they gonna hit it. You got the Celtic player in the heat. You got the Lakers playing Denver. Plenty matchups, plenty locks. Go get Lebron, Go get Anthony Davis with the rebounds, Jimmy Butler with the points or the steals, Jason Tatum with the points, Jaylen Brown with the points, rebounds and assist them. Just something I'm throwing off the top of the head. What you wait for? Broken plays the promo code. Let's get it. I'm gonna tell you who not getting fired, Darvin Ham because o'brun stepped up, anking the Davis stepped up. Hey, Austin Reeves, you could say it again.
Speaker 3: On him.
Speaker 2: You was him.
Speaker 3: I can't even hate on you, bro, Excuse me. Lenny Walker is a dog.
Speaker 1: Lenny Walker is a dog man. I think the Lakers are just clicking on all cylinders. Then we're gonna be a tough matchup. But I think Yolkic's gonna stay.
Speaker 3: In fire trouble.
Speaker 4: H on Anthony Davis.
Speaker 1: That Slopan Boustard can't keep up with Anthony Davis. Man. All the Lakers gotta do is run Yoki's gonna be tied. I know, yo kids drink Bill. I know that type of body built. That's how me and my uncles. All my uncles they tallan they tall thom but all us built like.
Speaker 4: I'm just short and stop.
Speaker 3: When you drink Bill, You're gonna be built like Yokis.
Speaker 1: But Yokis just know how to play with it. Just like Chris Brown excellent entertainer, right hands down one of the best.
Speaker 3: How many people you know could dance and sing that smoke.
Speaker 1: Newports not as good as him, Just like Yo kids drinking beer. Everybody just cut. Everybody know how to balance it in their nutrition diet, and Yolki's done mastered it. But I got the Lakers winning this series because I just feel like Lebron just on a mission. Bro Ever, since t I sat in that chair and saying Lebron kicked it in bank Head, it triggered him back.
Speaker 3: I know it did. I'm tripping.
Speaker 1: Oh right, See Marco gets it because you gotta think about it. If somebody I know what happened, Rich Paul showed him the clip Lebron watched the fall like that. He said, he said, this l a shit now got me out of my waves. I gotta get back to doing it for them niggas in the hood.
Speaker 3: He turned that shit on.
Speaker 1: You ain't see how he was looking at Currg after he do some shit like he backing that mold. Speaking of backing that mold, John, motherfucking my friend, I told you, I told you what he listened to. I'm not even gonna I'm not a't gonna stay on this topic, Loan. I don't mean too because I think he watched my show and be like, oh, g you right. I talked about how little his gun was. That's when Drewski sat down George Foston. He said, oh he talking about how to spread all right, beck Woo, come with something bigger. Pauls Now that shit he had in that last video, Oh that'll knock your ass on your ass, Yeah, that was not no drag me gun. I guess this the warning and this that motherfucker, so I guess it's too But they.
Speaker 3: Talking about he should be suspended.
Speaker 1: How John Moran is dancing and moving always sure it's even a clip full of bullets in that gun. That shit might be on safety and it might be no bullets in there. Secondly, maybe John More don't want to play ball no more. Maybe the nigga want to go to the army. We don't know then why I need to get him on the show and ask him what you want to do?
Speaker 4: Come?
Speaker 1: Look, he problems so good in basketball, and damn like nigga, you ain't sitting down with no recruiter. But he wanted to go to the army so bad. They wanted to fight for the c His daddy took that away from him. Now he listening to the NBA, young boy, he said, thinking about he's supposed to be in Iraq with that ship on him. So when the season though, he goes straight down range. He probably patrolling this city. Who knows what he's doing?
Speaker 4: A parade in the city.
Speaker 1: It's a parade in my city. Hey, how he be standing on top of them cars.
Speaker 3: It really lives the end result of who ja morant? Honestly, they gonna have.
Speaker 1: To suspend him just because they gotta suspend. I want to ask John mort nigga, what's you supposed to be on your finster? Cause you know, niggas got fisters, women got fisters. If you own your fister, you're cool. But I think John Mort so damn slow his fister might be John Marina Filster that that nigga might be just telling on his damn self. Cause I can't even say, man, leave a black man alone. Stops niggas. You no listen Thad his his friend is to blame too. But nigga, if you just got caught, if you just got caught, we ain't even gonna have no phones in the car, can we. I know how you is, y'all. Nigga, I don't want nobody around your camp with a damn smartphone. Everybody need to have flip phones, y'all. Niggas don't know what to do. Bru. If NB a young boy music make you drive around and dance with a gun, I don't want to listen to that shit be cause it's too much traffic in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: You fucking around and dance and your ass spin out.
Speaker 1: That nigga and what he don't realize his fucking car insurance about to go up. Facts, nigga, ain't donna caught you dancing with a gun. Knocked both hands on the steering wheel. Oh state form gonna fuck you up, boy, you can forget it. Adrian Broner returns to the ring with Don King first and foremost, I didn't know Don King was still alive.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: That's not no joke, that's not I did not so I would just say, oh gee, I'm glad you're still ticking as far as you working with Adrian Browner, nigga, this must be your last mission. You must be giving up a sign you went a clock out? Heyn why this shit wouldn't never be on ESBN and no cool with it. I'm saying the ship male Kyper won't say, let me just skip that because they ain't got I don't see me saying nothing positive out of that ship. Adrian Brunner, who are gonna fight? I have no idea him and taking two different weight classing. Yeah, Billy Hutchinson, is this fight Billy Hutchison?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a white bird, right.
Speaker 4: Gotta be sounds like yeah, correct, Billy and Hutchison.
Speaker 3: That gotta be.
Speaker 1: If he don't meet Billy Hutchison, he'll never, never, never get get talked about on this show again.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got the NBA.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a rematch with the NBA bubble because we got Miami Heat against the Celtics. Now you remember I said Miami Heat has no chance. I take that back because Jimmy Butler is a different motherfucker. Bro, Jimmy Butler is different, so I'm not gonna count him out. But Jalen Brown is from what Atlanta? And that's gonna be the difference. I don't know what it is. It's just when when niggas watch this show and they know they're from Atlanta, they don't want to get talked about, Bro, New York, Jalen Brunson, Hello five player, Julius Brander Garbage Bouston. You see the like, did Dallas mess up with that?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 4: Yes, of course?
Speaker 1: How you let this man go like that?
Speaker 3: Shout out the prize picks?
Speaker 1: I ain't even we ain't even got to the prize pick section yet, but I chose Jalen Brunson for two and a half thres in that last game.
Speaker 3: The Nigga had the four in the first quarter. No cap, no cap.
Speaker 1: NBA Draft lottery coming up, it don't matter who get the first pick. I think it's between the Rockets, the Spurs in the Pistons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all got the same percentage fourteen percent to get a number one pick.
Speaker 1: Out of those teams, the best team that Victor might want to go to is the Rockets. Houston got a nice young team, they do.
Speaker 4: And then the good coach, good young coach too, who.
Speaker 1: The coach Udokah, oh yeah he is out there now here. Bro, when your coach fucking home, you want to go play for him? The coach ain't gonna trip on you. Why you lating the practic coach? I had the little bad little bit. Oh, nigga, I understand, put me up. Hey niggas, she ain't got no sister, nigga, the tripping, don't coach, niggas, she ain't got no honey tea. So it's cool.
Speaker 3: And Houston is a fun city. We done been to Houston.
Speaker 1: Dalla's fun too, and that ain't too far from Houston if you're watching the show, Victor. But Detroit, Detroit get caught. We heard what Josh Smith said. He ain't even want to go to practice something. It be so damn cold. And san Antonio, listen not, we ain't.
Speaker 3: Gotta be distressed.
Speaker 4: I feel like sant gonna get to pick man.
Speaker 1: You think san Antono, Hey, coach Pop is not gonna lay down. I thought he'll retire bright now. So yeah, that's That's that's the world of sports right now. I think it's coming down to the end. Everybody who picked the Phoenix Sons. We was talking about Devin Book. He ain't show up that last game.
Speaker 4: Show up every game that.
Speaker 1: One man, every game except that one. That's why people don't understand them close out games. That's what makes you that player. That's what makes you that player. I was in Milwaukee, uh this last weekend. I had the chance to run into Aaron Jones. Bro. You know how you be seeing those players like and you see them, you don't realize how like normal football players be like, you know, like size wise type ship. Like Aaron Jones when in his past he running motherfucker's home. I saw him in personal. I was like, man, I talk of the ship. I didn't tell him that cause you know, people be competitive. Ship.
Speaker 3: I got my pants in the car. Then now the ship all on the line.
Speaker 1: And not niggas trying to get me to sign to the Falcon. That's why I just stay in my lane. Real that over Hey, when we come back, we got some highlights. We got a whole lot of low lights. And when I say a whole lot of low lights. Oh before I get in there. Somebody had rolled in to come in and said, we gotta start talking about baseball, and I look, I pulled up baseball clips because I don't watch baseball till you get close to the you know, the October around September when they raced with a last division. He all that that's when it gets fun and good after way after the All Star bro it's an open as reporter said, he just went to the Nigga Museum and he called himself.
Speaker 3: He said, he meant to say Nigro Museum, Nigga.
Speaker 1: It's the same shit. If you all was sixty years old and you say Nigro, that's niggle, because you coulda said at the Black Museum. But this is what people.
Speaker 3: His apology was even worse. What do you say, Marco? We got to run the clip while it is going.
Speaker 5: We had a phenomenal day today Nigger League Museum and Arthur Bryan Sparba Puffins welcome back to Coppin Stadium. I just wanted to a little bit earlier in the show, I said something didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to, and I just wanted to apologize if it if it sounded different than I meant it to be said, and I said, I just wanted to apologize for that.
Speaker 1: That nigga came back even more racist. That might not sit well with a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Nigga, white people, nigga all that blacks.
Speaker 1: Bro See, this is why they don't be realizing blacks wash baseball this early, because somebody probably had to run it up. Ay A, we got a couple of blacks they watching the show. I gotta apologize, just like hockey, somebody.
Speaker 3: That's why I.
Speaker 1: Love the Broken Play show because we can learn here. Somebody wrote in the comments hockey was created by black people.
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can look that up in fact check it hockey was made.
Speaker 3: You knew that?
Speaker 6: How long?
Speaker 1: You knew this depot for a while. So when we were talking about hockey, huh oh the stealach it's named no nigga. That's somebody last name, what's his name? So look, if you watch them broke and play, then we're gonna start keeping learning facts to the side.
Speaker 3: Hockey was made.
Speaker 4: In eighteen ninety five, they formed a colored Hockey League of b that word Maritimes, the world's first all black ice hockey league.
Speaker 3: This was before the white hockey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eighteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but when did white hockey start?
Speaker 4: Let me google, Let me google that, cause.
Speaker 3: Ain't ain't a nigga in sight. Rind that bit.
Speaker 1: Shit. Probably when football started. Nigga Like, Bro, I ain't gonna be doing all this skame. I can shake the shit out of nigga without these skates. Niggas that left that hockey shit alone. We'll find out.
Speaker 3: That's what Mars said.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: Fuck, we'll be back with some hollow lights and some low lights.
Speaker 7: Tune in, tune in, in lock and play.
Speaker 1: They say we need music, I'm just gonna come up with it myself. Back back, back, back to broken play. Let's get into the highlights we talked about a little earlier. Jason and Tatum. Fifty one points in the.
Speaker 3: Close out game in Boston. You're going against the MVP and you dropped fifty one. That's a highlight.
Speaker 4: H it's ever in playoff game seven history.
Speaker 1: You just hit me with I thought you told me carry.
Speaker 4: Oh, fifty one points is the highest ever?
Speaker 3: What carryhead that week?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Fifty one? Yes, he did, Ye had fifty He.
Speaker 3: Beat everyboy one point in the game seven. Yeah, because you remember him against the Kings. You had just told me. So look.
Speaker 1: Before Game seven, everybody was just saying, it's this is Jalen Brown team. Well, I don't know who was saying it, but I said it. I know I said it because I been on Jalen Brown, the Jaylen Brown bandwagon train. But for Tatum to step up and drop fifty one in game seven, that stop all doubts.
Speaker 4: Game six, he had three points going into the fourth quarter and scored sixteen in the fourth quarter. So the last six, the last five quarters, he scored sixty seven points.
Speaker 1: Well, we ain't finna put games together. That's what we're not gonna do. We're gonna get a nigga to fifty one in game seven and let him have that, because if he would have been playing like he was supposed to have been playing, they damn nill could have lost Game six.
Speaker 3: Philly lost it.
Speaker 8: Eight.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you a highlight, even though they lost. PJ Tucker. Now it might sound crazy, but PJ tucker'scored eleven points.
Speaker 3: PJ talking on usually do that.
Speaker 1: PJ Tucker came out the ball and if p still didn't give you nothing, So that's just crazy. We talked about Jaylen Bronson, even though his team lost, he was a highlight. Jaylen Bronson was a highlight, just not in the game for Prize Peaks too. You know, Tatum crushed any Prize Peaks stance that he had to cover. Now this is what I'm I'm scared about. I'm gonna give Anthony Davis a highlight. But now this when it counts you going against a premier big man. You did that against Looney, I expected you to do that. Show me what you're gonna do against Yokis. Let's get into some low lights. I've been waiting for this. De Andre damn agent. But did you see the clip where Kevin Durant and Devin Booker was cussing him out. Yeah, here on the sideline they like just run and you know where that comes from him dancing. We want to play all the damn time, just the playoffs.
Speaker 3: There's no reason.
Speaker 1: Now, Devin Booker, Devin book and Kevin Durant, they faced the problem. We knew they was gonna face Marcella. They had no bench, they had no other players. But other than that, I don't see nobody getting the ring this year except Lebron and that's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be the highlight.
Speaker 4: It's a lot. Lakers is a lock to win it all. You're saying right now, this is what.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: If the team is playing, I must say this, if Anthony David stay healthy, we need Anthony Davis to stay healthy. If Anthony Day would stay healthy, the boy gat fire rings a Tristan Thompson is not getting no playing time.
Speaker 4: He shouldn't get any play Why they picked him up because it's Bron's boy. He was supporting Bron during the whole thing, like get the band back together. When you know, when Kyrie was going through his stuff and they talk about trading Kyrie, He's like, Yo, bring Kyrie to La, bring me back. What's up?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: So they just brought him back. You know. He's a good morale guy, you know, good Pom Pom guy.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna put him with the high lights. Low lights. We already have talked about Joe l and Bid. We ain't gotta say too much about that. It's James Harden. It's much of a low light then then Bid, because James Harden gave you two or three great games that you didn't expect from him. So I can't really consider.
Speaker 3: Him a low like like I do Joe Ellen bid.
Speaker 4: When you need him the most man. Game seven you gotta Marcella. He had nine points.
Speaker 1: Bro, Marcella, if you expecting James Harden and Game seven you is a lowlight. Doc Rivers was over there looking sad. When James Harden make it turn on bro tyressee Maxy. They gotta figure out how to get him more involved. You know what? Clip keep coming up Jimmy Butler saying they chose to bias hairs over me. Imagine Jimmy Butler with him bed. I can't say Harden because he would have been done, ran up with hard and shit. One thing about Jimmy, Jimmy, don't let you god damn slack on his team first. But I'm gonna blame this last person for Philly lost. If a little baby could have found his way to cause, I don't know. James Harder played good. When you see little baby front row, it's like a child when they see their daddy that done got on work. Early. James Harll was balling, but he was doing okay. He looked and seen little baby smiling. He turned the fuck up true as he got to the locker room. I have insight analysis. Everybody was trying to interview James Harden. He on the phone. They heard little baby voice. He said, where were you? That's why he got nine points. His favorite person in the world went.
Speaker 3: At the game.
Speaker 4: That matters.
Speaker 1: That matters. I remember my seventh grade football game. My dad came to the game. I had two secs. I ain't dead shit all season. My coach said green West is coming from My dad told me before he got it. If you don't do shit, I'm not coming to another game. That's all these players need to hear.
Speaker 3: James Harten didn't have nobody do with him.
Speaker 1: I don't saw himbad parents. Yeah, when they gave him MVP trophy. I don't be seeing nobody for heart. It's hard. It's hard to play Brouh. You ain't got nobody out that's upport you.
Speaker 2: So Herr.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna put you as a low light brain and get well.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I love blue Shoe, yes I do. I love blue choes so should you if you.
Speaker 3: Use the promo cod Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know who all watching this show, but I really can't put all y'all into my business. But my phone wien ringing none stopped, and I gotta think bluetooth for that. Guess what they calling me? Hey, terminator, watch y'all, y'all, don't tell them the secret fellas, Bluetoo dot Com. I'm telling y'all, get on there, get on that. Use the promo code eighty five sports. We're trying to help you. I would hate for you all to lose the love of your life. So Bluetoo dot Com tighten up.
Speaker 3: It's nothing else to say.
Speaker 1: It is nothing else to say. I love Bluetoo. Yes, I do, Yes, I do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 3: Go Blue.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna be their head coach? Now that dot gone? You think.
Speaker 3: It don't matter, Bro.
Speaker 1: It's certain teams. It's it's not the coaching a team like that. That's not they that's not their problem. But I don't like now Doc Rivers. I can understand it because you can't get them over the hump. But Munchie Williams and Phoenix shouldn't be fired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, most winning this coast in the past three years, Bro.
Speaker 1: And you broke the Man team up. Yeah, but they said Kevin Durant don't like him. Really, that's what that's what see me, I gotta wait till Kevin Durant come here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and ask him myself.
Speaker 1: Well, I might DM that, nigga, because I don't want to be spreading rumors if they lying on my dog because I fucked with Kevin Durant.
Speaker 3: But Munchet Williams, man, he should still have a job.
Speaker 4: He should. He four seasons with the Suns, twenty two Coach of the Year. Second season with the Sons, went to the finals loss to the Bucks with.
Speaker 1: And do you know the Bucks? I'm talking about getting munchy Williams.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 4: I like that. I like that. He should have a job as soon as possible. He's a great coach.
Speaker 3: They talking about Mark Jackson going to be a coach. He's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are talking about that. I definitely heard that. Yeah, and he's he got black ball like fact for sure.
Speaker 1: I never heard him more excited to call that game when Lebron beat uh the Warriors recently most recently. Yeah, yeah, he was talking good as hell. Yeah, it looked like yep, yep, he would laughing. Yeah, they paying the camera over there. He had the little cup in his hand.
Speaker 3: He happy.
Speaker 2: Who the biggest low.
Speaker 3: Light on that team for the reason they getting out.
Speaker 4: Who but the Warriors Clay and Jordan Poole, for sure, they didn't. They didn't step up at all, Mostly Clay Clay. You know, Clay's got this mantra game six Clay, he goes crazy and he just he's shooting horribly. He remember you saw he looked at the statue. He's like, damn, he.
Speaker 3: Said, I didn't even watch his press comfort.
Speaker 4: He's like, he looked at the stat She's like.
Speaker 1: Man, besides prize picks, I had a few other little wages going on, so I can't watch no damn press comforts. I was calling by my goddamn paper. They say it's Tatum the new Kobe.
Speaker 4: Woo, he got game like him.
Speaker 3: But hey, this this is my only thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We gotta stop diminishing what some players did. Yeah, we can't be putting people in that Kobe Jordan Lebron conversation so early. Don't get me wrong, Tatum is a great player, but I never respect I never respect certain things with certain players. When Tatum sent that text message to Kobe phone and said I won't let you down, and he let him down, don't even post that shit. Yeah, hey, somebody said, Kobe says up texting.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 3: He should have tended Kobe after that fifty one points.
Speaker 1: That's when you you don't show your textments to after Yeah, don't don't show that ship before.
Speaker 4: Kobe won the championship his fourth year in the league. Like, Kobe's different and he came out of high school. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Masell, he did have the most dominant player in the league.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 1: We're not just gonna talk like Kobe willed the team on his own. Shaq was on that team. He was, he was in a great team. But you know when I realized Kobe.
Speaker 3: Was different.
Speaker 1: When they was facing the Celtics, the team now without without he without shot, he with Pogosol. But Kobe was just like Bro. He refused to lose. And that when some of these players don't give a damn the game over, they already switching jerseys. You got your ass kick, And that's why certain players gonna forever would be a low light. I know you didn't play, but some bonus you steal is a low light, you garbage bastard. So look, we're gonna get into it. Oh, speaking of low lights, I can't talk about nobody being in a garbage basket if I don't talk about us.
Speaker 3: We gonna get into the prize pitch of the week.
Speaker 1: And when I say we did horrible, Nigga is one thing to be undefeated Nigga, we would defeat it.
Speaker 4: No one, no one won.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: I was the closest one, and I know that don't mean shit.
Speaker 1: And I just had to throw that ot it and we weren't me and Evil was the closest one and Marco, but Anthony Davis got hurt.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: He had eighteen in the first half. I think he had a total of twenty two points. We got him for twenty four and a half.
Speaker 3: We was a shot away.
Speaker 1: Bro. When I seen him hold his head, I'm washing the TV. I said, nah, don't you do that.
Speaker 3: Don't you do that.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me they saw him in a wheelchiall damn their cry. I knew he wasn't coming back. He was a concussion protocol.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: That was the last on my on my prize picks money. So we'll get into that later. But we're gonna do some prize picks of the Week this week. I hope it's better. We ain't got too many games to choose roun, so.
Speaker 3: Keep tuning in.
Speaker 1: And if you took some of our prize picks last week, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry, nigga.
Speaker 1: We lost too you acting like I just gave you some ship.
Speaker 3: We lost with it too, but a good thing.
Speaker 1: You could always use that code broken play and they will match it. So we'll be back with our prize picks of the week, and we got too special guests coming up, so stay tuned. It's just like yeah, priest picture of the week, my favorite savement of the show, because this is the part that gets you paid. Well, not us quite yet, but ship. Let's run through the standards real quick. We'll start from best to worst. Marcel got his first loss last week.
Speaker 3: Let's clap it up for that. Wow, let's give him a nigga hell.
Speaker 1: Uh. Next is Me at two and two, tied with Don who is at also too and two, Dad.
Speaker 3: At a whopping one in three.
Speaker 1: Vett is oh and two hm the week that she took bad, she lost and had lost. She followed me last week, which made me lost, So you follow.
Speaker 3: Mark City Greg. He put in his first bed last week.
Speaker 1: He said some shit we never would have thought, but he started out oh and one, just like I thought he would. And Marco, what the hell it's say, Marco two in one. But I don't know how this shit wrong. Marco Musch wrote this shit itself. So look, I'm gonna get straight into it. I ain't even feel up. I ain't finna take long. Today is Tuesday. We know how it showed come out. You might see this shit Sunday morning, but for a Tuesday, Tuesday Night Lakers game. Firing shots for a Tuesday night Lakers game. I got Lebron James with five and a half for SIS. This is their first game, they playing in Denver. Lebron is gonna get everybody involved. I wanted to at all first, dumb, I'm gonna kick it to you, man.
Speaker 10: I was just looking at my phone, was going back and forth. On one hand, I wanted to take KCP with nine and a half, but.
Speaker 3: The nine and a half points they do.
Speaker 10: Look, I don't trust it though, I just don't trust it. I'm gonna take you know, Eve from Georgia. I know, I know, I know he from Georgia though, Yeah, from Georgia. I'm gonna go ahead. I'm a gamble. I'm gonna take d loo over fourteen and a half. I'm gonna take it. I feel like he gonna put up a lot of shots. I need, I need a lot of shots and hopefully he get to the line.
Speaker 1: So you got him with fourteen and a half points. Yeah, so look, this is what we're doing. I got Lebron with the five and a half with six we don't know how.
Speaker 3: Many Lebron five and a half.
Speaker 10: That's a lot. I feel like that's easy. Yeah, game one for sure, he ain't finna go.
Speaker 1: You got Danzel Russell fourteen and a half points?
Speaker 2: Yeah, over over?
Speaker 1: Okay, bet all right if it since you're right here. Oh, you gotta wait on Marshall, you gotta wait on Martin.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's cool, Okay, rig go ahead.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and get Greg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get Greg out the way. Greg gonna say some off the wall shit. I got Tristan Thompson with nineteen rebound.
Speaker 3: What you got Greg?
Speaker 4: I'm really rocking with you this week.
Speaker 3: Fuck, I'm gonna take Lebron and the five and a half sis. All right, that's a good that's a good big that's a lot alright? That over all?
Speaker 6: Right, man, I'm gonna go ahead and take a D free throws over how many free throws?
Speaker 4: Five point five?
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hes gonna get at least six.
Speaker 3: Because your kids is finna be fouling the ship out of him.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They ain't never dealt with a center like a D in the playoffs yet.
Speaker 1: So yeah, especially if Ad playing like so, that's a great pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Marcel.
Speaker 4: I should fade Thatad just go under on that for those But I was gonna take Russell every first game He's had nineteen points in the playoffs. I think that's a great pick. Don But I'm gonna go yokish and I'm gonna listen to nav foul trouble. I'm thinking go under on this. Fantasy point sixty one and a half.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 4: Jokis under fantasy points sixty one and a half.
Speaker 1: So look, we're gonna put one hundred. So you you following?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you following, Marcel, Marco?
Speaker 1: Who you following? Or you're gonna do your own pick?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, go ahead. Man.
Speaker 8: I feel like there's a trend like when people put in their bets, like players always get like one point under, you know, and everyone's like always so close, so close, So I kind of want to go with yours, but I just want to go at five because you did five and a half.
Speaker 4: I just want to do five.
Speaker 1: See this, this is a teaching moment on this show.
Speaker 9: Well okay, so what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Like? Why can't I do like because with Prize Picks, And of course they are sponsoring the show, so I don't mind explaining. So they give us the projected stats that we have to choose from which we replace the wager. So basically we have to get six assists to win. If you get five assists, we lose. So they're five and a half assists. We can't pick the number they give you the projector.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I should don't with that.
Speaker 11: I'm a don with app.
Speaker 3: Use the code, download the app and use the code. That's what is called.
Speaker 1: Okay, if your boyfriend is he into sports?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he on Prize Picks?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You want to call him?
Speaker 3: Get him on the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, tell him you need a pick and you've been fucking use up the last two weeks. Watch event when he feels like, figure out, you're gonna download the prior pick. Event is gonna get her ass ate when she gets home me and love when they win me.
Speaker 9: Oh cool, she's probably taking that that it's three Oh hey baby. Oh so okay, don't look at your phone.
Speaker 8: But I'm on the show right now, so you're on. You're on the show. I have to make my pick because they I have to make a pick for the next game. Who plays tonight?
Speaker 3: Uh? The Lakers in Denver?
Speaker 4: Okay, Lakers and Denver.
Speaker 8: He's a Lakers fans, So okay, what you just have to make one for fix?
Speaker 3: Yeah, looking at that right.
Speaker 4: He said, what he's driving?
Speaker 3: Oh I mean let me.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: He's gonna give it to do outside that besides niggas sounds like analysis.
Speaker 3: Oh Aaron going what he's a hit or miss? Asked Aaron Gordon, So put him under for what.
Speaker 11: Put it under for Webb? Hello, but okay, under.
Speaker 3: Under twenty three?
Speaker 11: That's what that's my that's my pig.
Speaker 3: Every the day. It's under twenty three.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the only thing another teaching moment with Prize Biggs. You can't use the same player twice. He did, Anthony Davis. So we gonna choose Aaron Gordon because he gave you that one first?
Speaker 2: You cool with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it what you got to lose?
Speaker 11: You owing too?
Speaker 4: So Aaron guard points under you think so or he should do? I don't know where's that? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah under thirteen and a half.
Speaker 1: So boom we locked in so Lebron Moore, the Angelo, Russell Moore, Anthony Davis, More, Yo kich Less, Aaron gordon Less. Oh we got the Lakers winning for damn show one hundred to win a thousand.
Speaker 4: He going to the club.
Speaker 1: Don't get players in the building. You'll see the feed your water. You see the nineteen forty two. We got hot wings all in this motherfucker. Spend your money, get your money, broken players on the way, bitch.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, we got y'all a rent in.
Speaker 1: The section right next to us, spending big cash. It's broken play. And when we get back, we got our guess coming. So look, if y'all watching this, you will be already known what our picks did. So when we come back next week, either we smiling, we're trying to figure this shit out again. Hey, oh, I got a privacy screen. That's my own, bitch is where I got that? But the pick is submitted. We will be back.
Speaker 3: I don't we wanting everybody know my pick.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason Broken Play is sponsored by Better Help It. What's up man? This nav green. It's so easy to get caught up in what everyone else needs from you and never take a moment to think about what you need from yourself. But when we spend all our time giving it can leave us feeling stress in and burnt out. Therapy can give you the tools to find more balance in your life so you can keep supporting others without leaving yourself behind. If you're thinking on starting therapy, give Better Help a try. It's entirely online, designed to be convenient, flexible, and suited to your schedule, so it's no excuses, Oh, I can't make it there old traffic.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: You can do it online and at home in the comfort of your home. It's easy a questionnaire to get matched with a licensed therapist, and you can switch therapists at any time for no additional charge. Discover your potential with Better Help. Visit betterhelp dot com eighty five sports today to.
Speaker 3: Get ten percent off your first month.
Speaker 1: That's Better Help h e lp dot com Slash eighty five sports.
Speaker 3: No excuses, Hey, it's an honor. It's an honor we got.
Speaker 1: Uh, we got we got two special guests in the building.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: First and foremost, we got Andrew mccartry from the Atlanta Dream.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Remember I wasn't, you know, like when you watch W n B A. I wasn't a big w n B A fan until we got at level dreaming. That's when you're like, we want to dream to win. Remember you were the number one pick.
Speaker 2: Hey, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to Atlanta Dream. You know if you ever watched B T you know about rap city, you know anything to do with BT and freestyling in the basement. You know, Big Tigger. But we love Big Tigg in Atlanta. Cuse he announced this the Hawks. I just introduced all that, Tigger. I gotta start with you. You couldn't have been a Hawks fan growing up because you're from d C.
Speaker 2: I was a Dominique fan. I mean Dominique was Dominique no matter where you were in the world. Dominic he is the human highlight. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you were Oh so he was like, oh man.
Speaker 2: I was a Dominique fan. I mean I knew I had heard about the Omni before I even came to Atlanta. So I mean, if you was a basketball fan, you had to love I mean, he had the one two greatest you know, dunk contests on Earth.
Speaker 1: He get cheated at might.
Speaker 2: A little bit, my little bit. So yeah, I mean, but then I moved here, and you know, I had been the DJ and I did to start lineups for the Washington Wizards when I was in d C. So when I came here, one of my one of my checklist items was to be the DJ for the Hawks. Uh. And then I got myself in that building and then they elevated me after about eight years of being DJ for them. So now the PA announcer.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah yeah, I mean what you do when they be an offensive file on the other team that was off like that. So with you playing for the Atlanta Dream, just not just the games like the city wise, like do you feel like it's it's big on sports because you know, however they feel about the w n b A players or whatnot and people watching the game. I feel like the Hawks players probably face that same because like if they're not winning, people walking out or people just coming to party.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely like that because you know the fans are so competitive, Yeah, that they'll leave because they're so mad you want to win. Now, were not as bad as Philly fans, but you know I'm saying when I was here, the city was just craving a championship so bad.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying from anybody.
Speaker 12: So we finally got that from the Braves and the soccer team.
Speaker 1: So they don't feel the Boy because.
Speaker 11: A little bit of ease, A little bit you don't think.
Speaker 2: The Braves the United, Okay, because I hate to break it up, there was a game Atlanta should have won. It was a game we was up by a big margin. I want to be specific. We know what.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: But my point is that we were already celebrated. I was all my way to Magic City and then I was like, wait, I need to go back home. So the United filled the void immediately right after that, and then the Braves don't filled the Boy a little bit after that. The heart's been in the conversation a couple of years, which is, you know, whether we were supposed to be in the common sass that we've been in the conversation, and then U g a just a Miley wipe everybody for the last two years. It's kind of we feeling, but it's always more than you don't forget.
Speaker 12: We kind of held the city download but we went to the finals three times, so so I think we don't have it as bad as we women get they take a little easy on us, But I think the city was proudly we at least went to the final three times, and we were young team that was just hungry. So you know, we had some good like you said you and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think what you just bringing it up. I think it's I don't think I think the Falcons. It's just gonna take the Falcons.
Speaker 11: That's a hard one man.
Speaker 12: Like man, I'm thinking about like, yeah, that was a way to get the limit coup of wings.
Speaker 13: Listen, this was it looked like it was like like no cars on the expressway, Like yeah, man.
Speaker 2: Like that, what amou running Joseph's? You know how much money got messed up? That night was supposed to work. This is when Michael and Jamil did his and hers. I was supposed to be the atl correspondent in the parade for this show, but there wasn't no parade currently. I wasn't working for them there but currently as the official DJ for the Atlanta Falcons as well. We're gonna turn up in there this year. Is the dirty birds nests is the thing. I don't know if they're gonn win the championship though, but we're gonna put together a team, bro.
Speaker 11: But I will say, at least we come there to party.
Speaker 1: Team.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: Man, we had here two weeks ago, he said. They was talking about it. He said he was supposed to have his own float. Jesus was gonna have a float. He was, like, I said, Man, that parade with the last three.
Speaker 3: Four years, it was gonna be like what.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I feel like we winning as a city.
Speaker 3: That's enough.
Speaker 12: I mean the traffic tells you that everybody moving here, but that's another story.
Speaker 1: What you did you enjoy the women's championship?
Speaker 11: I did.
Speaker 12: I felt like I was just telling in the green room that people were more excited to watch the woman find affording the man's fact right, I didn't even watch.
Speaker 1: The mens what like? I looked. I checked the score, but all the good I'm not gonna say that.
Speaker 3: I almost all the good teams were gone.
Speaker 4: I got the history.
Speaker 11: You can't say you kin't ain't got the history. They think good team.
Speaker 1: When team the team that I had picked on my breath, this dragon was around.
Speaker 3: My father was gone the first week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean lost.
Speaker 3: Girl like you had.
Speaker 2: This women's championship did wonders for the women's game because I mean, not only did the team that looked like us one, you know what I'm saying, that.
Speaker 1: The popular like that's what.
Speaker 12: Yeah, controversy over this, come on, we do this all the time, don't.
Speaker 1: Good, But that's what it's needed because I bet you that's gonna be the most highest rated game year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, encourage us.
Speaker 12: If we got in like fighting them, and they was like, it's kind of okay because it helps the rate and go up, So they were like wrestling, they didn't tell us something, but if it did have.
Speaker 11: It, it's like okay because it helps, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So we don't find you, but we're not.
Speaker 12: They still took the money though, like y'all still find and don't find us, and if you wanted the rate to fight, but yeah.
Speaker 1: But no, like with that, I feel like it just was a good game and a good rival.
Speaker 11: So it was like just good everything about it, not.
Speaker 1: Just I won't even put gender on it, like that was just a good ass, like I would want to see who's gonna win, but of course you know who. I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Most few game in history for a women's national championship, and they had more views in the NBA All Star Games. Yeah, point nine million views, nine point nine million. It peaked at twelve point three.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And now it's the thing, especially because the white girl had done this like a like a couple of games earlier, and everybody, everybody.
Speaker 12: Was like, oh, that's cute, and it's my taste, you know, angel about Yeah, he was like, yeah, I didn't like.
Speaker 1: To think that. They start like now you call it about the don't make it about race. It's not about race.
Speaker 11: Is Here's the thing.
Speaker 12: When the men doing all the time, it's just not a good deal. Why is it when the girl's doing you know what I'm saying, true, I.
Speaker 2: Mean the white I'll say this, the white girl dropping forty on whoever she dropped forty or made everybody go say, wait, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: And then then then you saw this and he was like, oh, she's okay. See one of us on the underneath and then when a like, you know, for her to get to the finals and for Angel the dude, you know the same thing. I was like, that's just how basketball goes. That's basketball. So it was interesting.
Speaker 1: Because South Carolina was like a favorite, like they yeah, yeah, they was thinking South Carolina. So when you hear she did that, you're like, holdo, who Yeah that's what she got. Eyes on her too.
Speaker 12: But it's like, and shout out to Leah Boston just got drafting number one pick from South Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 11: She's good.
Speaker 2: She's good.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of good, did y'all check out because I see you know, rapping making your music. You know what I'm saying. What you think about Flage?
Speaker 12: That's why Yeah, I think first of all, she just got in trouble with something.
Speaker 11: But yeah that was somethingody she said, it's gonna blow up like the towers.
Speaker 2: She was like, she apologized, Like I was like.
Speaker 12: But I feel like she's young and she don't know the significance.
Speaker 11: They young. I get it. She about like nineteen twenty.
Speaker 2: It's literally three years before she was born.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you still know the history. But I think you know what I'm saying. Whoever, her team is no don't put that in her lyrics. But I like her music. I found out the history I didn't know. I just found her dad was also a rapper. Yeah, Camflog was her dad, her real dad. So he got shot in the head holding her as a baby. So it's like all of his blessings are coming to upon her.
Speaker 1: So she was actually on Jermaine dupri show when he was looking for teen talent. She was on that back in the day.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know you talking.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, I feel like I understand what the lyrics and you know, people be sensital, but you been hearing rappers say, you know, I'm rock and change like slaves.
Speaker 3: I got no nobody say they don't get mad.
Speaker 2: People are the only people who could collectively shut a country down if we all stuck together, But we do not. There are other groups out there, and you know the groups you can't talk about. You don't say nothing about them, folks. But if we stuck together with nobody say or do us wrong? Because we would be together as a unit, but for some reason we can't do it. Some other groups you don't say nothing about the Asians. Don't say nothing about the Alphabet gang. I called the l g B t Q I plus this that's why I call them alphabet game. And I love y'all. But because they keep numbers, you don't be knowing what certain you know, you can't say things against Jewish people because they do everything gonna.
Speaker 3: Stop you wish, say what you want.
Speaker 2: If we could somehow get together, they wouldn't nobody say nothing about us. I mean, we had the greatest spending power on Earth.
Speaker 1: And they it showed a couple of days when we shut down and didn't buy. That's when they started. You remember, this is what I knew it was serious when they started putting black Lives Matter all on the man games, like you couldn't even run a touchdown in without a balloon flying lives. They got in that good right off the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it had him on the helmets and everything and racism black.
Speaker 3: It was the NBA bubble, like they can put all that on there after they.
Speaker 1: Get back cool with you, all right, check that ship out.
Speaker 11: We're good.
Speaker 1: That's that's how it feels, though. But with you saying that TOI, we gotta stick together and all that. What you think about John Morris?
Speaker 2: Okay, so if there are no other issues, he's not substance abuse. He's not alcohol abuse. If he's there's not some underlying issue that we're unaware of. You gotta say, bruh, you stupid as a grown ass man who has made his fair sharre mistakes. I am not perfect. I am not saying that I have made had the best judgment all my life. But none of the things that I did were two months ago cost me forty million dollars, and I did it again just to be acting up on the ground so quick. Even your man was like, what you're doing. He tried to put the phone down. He knew what was wrong with it, he just didn't do it quick enough. I don't understand your affinity with guns. Yes, you are legally able to carry a gun in the state that you're resigning in if you legally own it, just like here and Georgia, I have mine. You ain't never gonna see mine unless there's a problem. I don't understand why you think that it's a badge of honor or something that you need to just keep waving around. Real people who act up like that don't wave nothing around. If you see it, there's an issue, and somebody gonna get dealt with. So I just if there's no other underlying issue, I don't understand. Bruh, you didn't grow up that way. That ain't so that ain't show life. And most importantly, your employer, damn what the laws say where you at? Everybody your employer, the end to the B to the A said don't do this.
Speaker 3: We just talked.
Speaker 2: I just talked to you sixty days ago.
Speaker 11: It was literally sixty days ago.
Speaker 2: So if there's not some underlying issue, whether it be mental or something in the music, I can't But.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I say that young boy getting their spirit.
Speaker 12: Man say this though, Kwame Kame Brown said one of the best things.
Speaker 11: He could have said. He spoke some gems. What are you talking like?
Speaker 2: He said, I heard the NBA, young boy, y'all's NBA dumb boy. I was like, damn, I just thought, listen, if you if music, and I say this for any person out there has that much control over you.
Speaker 3: I don't know talking on these music.
Speaker 2: Gospel, you know, right.
Speaker 1: I know we don't want to blame his homework, but y'all just riding in the car, why you gotta go live on them?
Speaker 2: I mean, being live is the thing for people in.
Speaker 11: There group that's fine and dance like this and you know do you know? And it was fine.
Speaker 1: It was just what people do.
Speaker 3: Then talk like let me let me again.
Speaker 2: You can't blame the dude or alive. He didn't have it out at first. We saw him first. Then he went back to himself that he went back and saw the gun. He was like waiting now.
Speaker 4: He looked at him first.
Speaker 2: No, I can't blame his friends.
Speaker 11: He tried to have it though.
Speaker 2: Watched this.
Speaker 3: He looked over there before you put the camera on.
Speaker 2: Now, if he meant to show him, he would have left it up. He turned that camera down so far. And what I will say, I don't care what the reason. There's no if I see you with the camera, I know you were alive.
Speaker 1: We acting up.
Speaker 2: Because we don't lie. There's nothing that can force me after I just lost forty million dollars to pull out a gun and just be like, oh nothing, there's nothing that ain't out of thing. But I mean to east then I'm not here to I don't want a lump on the dude and jump on them and range like just like.
Speaker 3: Can we just talking about sticking together?
Speaker 1: That's why I was thinking, like what like, because I want to support him that I don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: I can't put that on your whole generation. I can't put that on your whole generation. Again, I think not most most star athletes, no matter who you are, living protected, sheltered life, they really don't have the issues aau in the neighborhood or around the drama that there is, or just they so they're not as experienced in real life. And then if you go from that experience to a college experience where you still you're still gonna be protected, and now you all of a sudden, here's thirty million dollars being a man. Even though his father is around like you, still there's some lumps you gotta take. Unfortunately, John Moran slumps his big ass lumps.
Speaker 11: But let me tell you this.
Speaker 12: As athlete, yes, sometimes we don't learn to like maybe all the streets smarts, the real life stuff, but we are programmed to know. You can't say certain things on Twitter. You gotta watch how you carry something public. Everybody's watching you. It's certain things you can't do.
Speaker 11: You can't do this, you can't do that.
Speaker 12: So we are so disciplined in program to be disciplined.
Speaker 11: Got to be a practicing time. This is schedule.
Speaker 12: We like programming like robots to be you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: So you know, you can't say he don't know.
Speaker 12: Maybe maybe sometimes gets to a point where they're sticking, tired of being discipline, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But what that money though, he losing a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I mean he even said he went to counseling, and no one knows what kind of counsel is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, he ain't do that now.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, you say you went to counseling, that's PR talk. What kind of counseling was it? And they should be fired because it clearly didn't work. Yeah, I just don't understand, Like I just comprehend throwing away money, like yeah.
Speaker 12: That was all a PR talk, you know, the PR talk that they needed to tell him you're gonna do counseling because at the end of the day, you know, me, being an athlete, I'm taught to read between the lines.
Speaker 11: But regular people they.
Speaker 12: Just believe everything that comes out. Nobody reads between the lines or anything. So anything that comes out like Okay, cool, he's going to county.
Speaker 11: That's PR talk.
Speaker 2: What's my boy their own meta. Uh uncle bird, get that man forty million dollars because both times it was on your platform, and he done made you a conversation last two months. Just give a forty dollars, you got it. Give him forty dollars, give them us, give him a spot because forty.
Speaker 12: Ends hunger world, hunger like, and he like dancing with it.
Speaker 11: Why can't you dance.
Speaker 2: With your hand seem something or learn somewhere that that was cool to him. That is a thing to be perceived as that dude, And for some I don't know why, but somewhere along the way he picked up that this makes me cool, This makes me I am accepted being a thug or waving the gun or I don't know where that comes from or how.
Speaker 11: Makes you cooler is continue to dance with the kids?
Speaker 2: Yeah, gritty for the community.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: If you got this gun fetish, go to the range with your boys and shoot at the gun range and nobody needs a filming nigga.
Speaker 3: Open a gun range.
Speaker 2: You got it, Open your gun not hear the number on you and I know your dad, I know your dad. Listen, I'm not gonna point it, just doesn't make sense. Yeah, I can't comprehend once, Okay.
Speaker 11: Because I'm telling you calling talk Oneland is calling.
Speaker 1: You saw the White House. At the White House, you started calling with players who are still playing.
Speaker 11: They're calling now y'all better get together.
Speaker 1: But I'll understand, and which I don't really like. The only thing it's just too soon. If it happened like three years later, like okay, he don't relapse.
Speaker 11: It's so it's that's what makes it dumb.
Speaker 2: Later Yeah, I'll be like, Okay, he forgot.
Speaker 11: That's what makes it really dumb. Counts the fact it's too close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's too soon.
Speaker 12: That's what makes it real dune that it's that close in.
Speaker 2: After all us talk two months and you learned two weeks ago that it cost you forty million dollars, it.
Speaker 12: Be fresh on my mind, and you and therapy and all that talking, that's what's happened.
Speaker 2: Forty million dollars would be fresh on my mind. I still be mad.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even want to play Call of Duty, like I don't, no good, no nothing.
Speaker 12: But let me tell you, in his mind, forty million is not a big deal to him. When you're making that much money, to us, it's like you lost forty million, so.
Speaker 11: It'll be like whatever.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: I've seen the NBA players they carry one hundred thousand just in their backpack whatever.
Speaker 11: You know what I mean. I've seen one of the players.
Speaker 12: He got mad and spent two hundred grand on a private flight by itself because he.
Speaker 11: Just met a team.
Speaker 12: They do stuff like that, so forty million to him is like whatever.
Speaker 11: But still it's still.
Speaker 2: Dumb with your risky and just to his own shoe.
Speaker 11: Yes, the don't risk the legacy, drop.
Speaker 2: Your own shoe. He has shown people they are willing to walk away from people who don't act right.
Speaker 1: If right, what do you what he did, Kyrie wrong?
Speaker 2: What if you lose your shoe? Did you just got the job? One? Ain't gonna be no job too.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and don't be trying to not gonna do this though, okay, because we full so I'm just like, but just joah, just.
Speaker 11: Think, man, come on you you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We love it when our black men make it.
Speaker 11: We need y'all to make it.
Speaker 12: Y'all help you know, our community, y'all help us prosper because we need to continue to have.
Speaker 11: More black men in that space.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: You could tell you said, shull with it.
Speaker 12: He stop because they already look, it's already harder on y'all.
Speaker 11: The system is hard on y'all. We know that.
Speaker 2: Don't give them ammunition. Immensely talented, he repped, he represents to reflects the image of the hood. You know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, you know, there's a lot of clean cut like the way he plays a grap like like he outside. So I mean, there's a lot of great things in your future, bro, you just got to get your current together together.
Speaker 1: Who's some players y'all like watching? I know, well, I know Trey youon like watching.
Speaker 2: Like watching Trey and John John Tey literally can take over a game at will, like I'll steal the ball, go shoot, come back, steal the ball, make the right pass, still the ball.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 2: It's amazing to watch him in spurts.
Speaker 3: A player I do like.
Speaker 1: On the halls, they don't talk much about Bogie.
Speaker 2: I like you know who I like?
Speaker 12: I like Collins, Like people don't realize he is kind of like the bread and butter of the team.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: He does the dirty work that you don't get credit for he.
Speaker 11: Want to wait for us.
Speaker 2: John. So John is John John Colin Colin. John is unfortunately the fourth option offensively, and he's not in the pick and rolls with Trey, and like you don't understand why, but Clinton is so. Clinton is the recipiate of lots of lives and things like that. It's not a knock on John. Even another another thing of taking you have to take your own Uh, you have to take your own medicine for stuff. John got popped for that thing, and that immediately targs his whole image, like he was killing him before that. And then when you come back and for whatever reason, it don't look the same, people go, yeah, then.
Speaker 11: He needed to come work out with me one time.
Speaker 2: I get you, right, Bro, I mean'stly talented player, but there's a perception issue.
Speaker 11: You gotta let that go.
Speaker 2: And it might be it might, unfortunately, might be as simple as him being on another squad for a fresh start.
Speaker 1: Fresh start.
Speaker 11: Some times that works.
Speaker 12: But the one thing I love about Kobe is that no matter what he was going through, he would go through some stuff, but when it was time on the court.
Speaker 2: It was gone.
Speaker 11: This is how you know you're an elite.
Speaker 12: Athlete, your mental You gotta get your mental right all that. That's why we love basketball because it's the best two hours of your life with no problems, no issues, nothing. You ain't gotta wry about nothing but having fun and hearing the applause allow people to ap plause you.
Speaker 11: So you gotta get your mark. None of that matters. Get in the court and kill right. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Who's some of your favorite players watching?
Speaker 11: I'm gonna give you men and women. You know what I'm saying. I just like I like I like a chem Elijauan. The footwork A lot of players you don't.
Speaker 12: See what that amazing footwork these days. You know what I'm saying. I love watching Sue Bird, Diana Tarroossi. I never seen a white cause so tough. Diana is like she'll blow you over and not care.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying. She and talk trash. I love Yeah.
Speaker 12: Kandas Park is one of my big favorites. She thirty six right now, thirty seven is.
Speaker 11: Still kill it, still playing.
Speaker 12: So she one of the ones that like, she's like a Lebron. She could last till she faoulted if she wanted to you know what I'm saying, did you see her and all the commercials and stuff, She's she's killing the game. And for the men, of course, I like to watch trade.
Speaker 11: The home team.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna go with Trey. I think he's a star. He's a superstar. Of course he's still maturing in some areas leadership wise. But I like Colin man, I feel like they need to put him in the pick.
Speaker 11: And roll more. Use this athletic.
Speaker 3: Can you remember that playoff run he was stopped with?
Speaker 11: To me, he should be the second and third option. He should be the.
Speaker 1: Backup to trade the third because.
Speaker 11: So let's do okay.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, well fortunately unfortunately DeAndre with DeAndre and DeAndre, yeah, we see.
Speaker 1: I think they got so many different players. Like if Colin's not getting you know, getting the ball, he can't get in the rhythm, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: But that's where as a leader, as a leader, you know, especially as a point guard tray, you know how to get your teammates involved. That's what point guards does. But these days it's like point guards are number one option.
Speaker 11: Now, it's different.
Speaker 12: Back in the day, point guards was supposed to what make everybody else the option.
Speaker 11: So we know it's a different day, different game.
Speaker 12: But still as a leader, this is where I want trade leadership, still skills to grow.
Speaker 11: You gotta when you see your.
Speaker 12: Boy can get them a bof all right this next day for God's getting one for Then that's how you start winning championship because you understand everybody what they need at that time. You know what I'm saying, That's why they need.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 11: I ain't even coach but not know the game.
Speaker 2: Would you what?
Speaker 12: I I don't got the patience these kids.
Speaker 11: Hey there talking about job. That's how I mean.
Speaker 12: I don't know the kids now is different. I ain't got the patience. Man, sound like n I ain't got the pace.
Speaker 11: Don't hear Jord saying it's similar?
Speaker 12: Jord was like to expect someone to be at that level where I was. He said, it's just it's doing them a disservice because I'm not gonna have patience for that now. I'm not saying I'm gonna dooin level, but that's just how I think.
Speaker 11: Because I know what I gave to the.
Speaker 12: I can't take you not know on what I'm gonna get. I need you come every day on a hunting That's how we grew up.
Speaker 11: And then these kids be so she wanted.
Speaker 12: You know, they break the nail, they cry, they get scratched. I just can't not right now. Maybe if I'm older and I said the different than girlfriend, that's now I'm used to banging, you know, like think about like this, Like I came to the league. It was a girl named schirl Ford. It was Karl Malone's daughter. Yeah, okay, oh man, you had to go against girls like her, who will They will bang you down.
Speaker 11: They didn't care if you got injured.
Speaker 12: Lisa Leslie welcomed me to the league as a rookie.
Speaker 11: I got switched off one. I'm like, god, I got her right him right here, I self.
Speaker 12: She made a lap and looked down at me like she's like, welcome to the other rookie like me, shed the show.
Speaker 11: See yeah, I don't know what a plus, but see if I.
Speaker 12: Do that to a rookie, they just are angel like angel, she ain't no good bat.
Speaker 1: It's like, come on, where's the sportsman ship?
Speaker 11: Where's the sports ship? She's not a good vest. She that's what you get nowadays. Back then it was like oh my god, Lisa Leslie just told me, you know what I mean, It's different.
Speaker 2: It used to be different, different both sides, like the men League clothes lines was acceptable in the play.
Speaker 1: Little what jordanus You talked about Jordan, you remember what he had to go through.
Speaker 12: Bill was Bill, he was We got our scuffles and part he didn't care. He embraced it because that's the area.
Speaker 2: He came from. The Bulls Detroit series, the Bulls Knicks series, the next Miami series was Man them things was like those was real. That was real. That was really like being outside of referee, like somebody was gonna get hurt. Something was gonna happen, like you.
Speaker 1: Knew it was coming. You just know which player was gonna get hurt.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite clips is Jeff Van Gunny get dragged, break up?
Speaker 11: Hey, what's your thinking about what Stephen?
Speaker 12: They said about Randall from New York get.
Speaker 11: Rid of or should he stay? I personally he's like, he's not the answer. But what that kind of harsh and Stephen a bro?
Speaker 2: Maybe he just need supporting game. It depends on what you what you're looking for, what you expect.
Speaker 11: Don't pay rolls, what's that what the rolls like, he got experienced.
Speaker 2: Jay Brushes showed up and he spelled forty one point nay brust is the new d rule.
Speaker 1: Damn. So it's hard. But Juliet realod like it's airt like for you to start that team. You don't give them folks nothing.
Speaker 2: He wasn't. Also they weren't also giving him the ball. And then the end of the game either, just like, just like, just like at the end of the game, I ain't get the what I'm gonna do without the ball, Like it's kind of you know what I'm saying unless I point forward like and does Julius does do that from times. But that's the coach, you coach the ball.
Speaker 1: And then they was going again.
Speaker 3: Jimmy, Jimmy was locked in.
Speaker 11: You get you get locked in now Jimmy put that country music on. I've seen it from I've seen my own eyes. He locked It's different like.
Speaker 12: Denver Man because and I was never like a big Denver like.
Speaker 11: But just the way the.
Speaker 12: Chemistry how they passed the ball, y'all feel like chemistry.
Speaker 11: Y'all watch them.
Speaker 12: You see they all pat each other in the back, excited for each other.
Speaker 11: No selfishness. That's a championship team, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I want to see but I'm proud of him.
Speaker 3: How far get one more?
Speaker 2: To see him? Get one more the window?
Speaker 12: I want Lakers to win. But that's the thing. I want the Lakers to win. But my basketball he was like Denver, But my heart wants the Lakers.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If everybody remains at the same level of health, there's no.
Speaker 11: Way you think that the Lakers gonna pull it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think yeah, health, No.
Speaker 3: Y'all got with Miami in Boston. Do Miami got a chance?
Speaker 2: Who got Miami has a chance. I'm gonna tell you what I do. Miami has a chance because Jimmy's gonna be Jimmy. Kyle Lowry can come off any night, drop thirty. Yeah he got.
Speaker 1: He did in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: He can do that one.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 12: He can pull that off if you really wants to.
Speaker 2: Pull it up.
Speaker 12: He had a couple of threes get going, and he got the experience. He got a chap down though.
Speaker 2: I like, great is good. If if Boston does what they always do, which is make the open shot, it's tough way to make them three They got like five people that lights out from.
Speaker 1: Man, you never know what you know who I like on Boston that they don't get no credit. Well, of course James Brown, but Marcus Smart gonna say that. What man, some games he might come out and score fifteen in the first quarter.
Speaker 11: And don't let history point that dictated the whole game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's definitely their glue. He's their glue. He keeps them together.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I watch it on who Your Table Football?
Speaker 11: I'm from Bottomore, right.
Speaker 2: And I went to the way Ville to school. Yeah, come on, you're definitely, But.
Speaker 11: I'm glad he got his bag.
Speaker 12: It's like was tripping on my boyfriend min and may get my boys back.
Speaker 3: But he deserved it, he.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 12: I was hoping he would come down here though. They was talking about.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, don't see that.
Speaker 2: Listeners and the guys guy, Yeah, everybody knows what these are. What these are? You see what these are? These the original Michael Vicks. You hear me, Mark Jackson with the King to Atlanta. Oh my god, it would have been a seat in men stated at all.
Speaker 3: You know what, lamar, You know how we.
Speaker 1: Look at John Morin say like he's with the culture and like, you know what, that's what Lamar is.
Speaker 3: No trouble. Lamar, no trouble.
Speaker 11: Pay my man, Yeah he got paid, but he was no trouble.
Speaker 1: And every kids see that that you see someone like that in the because you found big here in Georgia.
Speaker 4: Right now, the stats are in on Kyle Lowry. Okay, what we got eighteen was his highest scoring out.
Speaker 2: He scored maybe two thousand. He was the playing game against that he dropped. He dropped thirty on somebody because I was watching.
Speaker 11: But we're not going to play playing game.
Speaker 1: Was playing game.
Speaker 4: You don't do stats. You don't new stats.
Speaker 2: I watched it.
Speaker 1: No, maybe he had like twenty two.
Speaker 2: Or son, I keep talking twenty.
Speaker 12: Eleven, what's the highest he had?
Speaker 11: It had him like twenty five at least game.
Speaker 2: Well you're backing now, that was sixteen, not too.
Speaker 12: Long ago, only like eight eight, you know what, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is a little while rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm you're glad to take it on these stats for the Hawks.
Speaker 2: Man, it was twenty eight. I'm gonna tell you what game it was. I'm about to say, Look, I said, I did Kyle Riley highest points twenty twenty three twenty eight popped up. But I watched the game. That's how you got start doing car like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: He still got a little son.
Speaker 4: I think they should get It's gonna get at least two the heat. I think coach is gonna matter. You got Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Butler out, bro, But if you're talking coaches, you gotta go with Spoe. Yeah got yeah, seven seven undrafted people on their team.
Speaker 1: And seven everything flowing like a whale or machine. Speaking of coaching, what y'all think about Doc Rivers getting fired?
Speaker 2: What I think about the top three coaches that had the most winning is per sentences since twenty twenty getting fired Manti Williams, Bud Monty and Doc out of here one of the mind. You won the championship two years ago.
Speaker 3: Now that was crazy.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say this about that.
Speaker 12: I could see Bud of Monty and Charlotte ain't Charlotte ain't got nothing to lose.
Speaker 11: You can get winning coaches. Charlotte got to lose.
Speaker 3: But dude, Budd of Monty want to go to Charlotte.
Speaker 11: Yeah, try to rebuild. You got a good young team that you can try to get to the playoffs, if.
Speaker 2: You go, if you go to Charlotte and you turn Charlotte into this year's Sacramento, Okay, you're gonna need some pieces. Don't get me wrong. You still got nomelo or if he's healthy. Unfortunately, what's his name? What's the uh? That fool? I mean?
Speaker 4: He want to be a rapper too, you He.
Speaker 2: Literally wants to be a rapper, which one Miles bridges for real?
Speaker 11: Yeah, can we shift to that real quick rapping stuff?
Speaker 12: So y'all know I do music right, So nobody takes an athlete that does music serious.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 12: Every athlete want to be an artist, want to be athlete. But there are some athletes that really like Dame correct, dang correct shack platinum.
Speaker 11: Now, AI is a I on a flop order.
Speaker 2: A I could rap, Don't get me wrong. He wasn't the greatest, but he was he definitely. He wasn't shaky rested piece.
Speaker 11: He's on the flip side the recipes for.
Speaker 5: My dude.
Speaker 2: Italian bar.
Speaker 4: Excuse me?
Speaker 11: Who else? Did who else?
Speaker 8: Be there?
Speaker 2: There's a lot of damn. I can't remember the dude's name, lou Will.
Speaker 12: He's not on the flip side to me, lou Will. His stuff was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's a it's not a lot of them.
Speaker 11: What's the football player do music? And man is on the other side, he's correct, what's the football player?
Speaker 1: Which football player do the music?
Speaker 11: Had raised a football player? He's retired now, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm.
Speaker 2: Give me.
Speaker 3: He had a what technically.
Speaker 4: I need?
Speaker 1: I need to have that.
Speaker 4: Rolling loud? He performed.
Speaker 11: Twenty y'all playing You never was what's the football player? Do you mean?
Speaker 2: He's big?
Speaker 1: He's big?
Speaker 11: What's his name?
Speaker 4: You mean like alignment.
Speaker 12: Y'all know, talk about y'all see his football football player is a bigger music y'all know.
Speaker 11: Him fall dark skin guy.
Speaker 1: Get to the hook, man, I never heard this part.
Speaker 3: You have heard that?
Speaker 2: You never heard that?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 2: I heard your generation.
Speaker 11: But that don't sound bad though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Melvin Ingram, what we part.
Speaker 2: Problem?
Speaker 12: You know what I'm saying because when I first did music, everybody's like, stay in your lane.
Speaker 11: You're a basketball player. What are you doing? Guess what? I just got my first placement on NB A.
Speaker 12: Two kant the song called Legend your favorite.
Speaker 2: Song, I one two k two for Legends.
Speaker 12: So it's like it's like, DN, can we try something different the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's it's wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean said, yeah, they looked away.
Speaker 2: It's wrong to pay anybody in the box, especially when people are multi talented. So I mean it's hard to say. What happens is people get used to you and whatever box you in, so they want to keep you in that box. It don't work for everybody. And in examples like you just getting placed in two K two four and like we named Dame and there's there's a bunch of artists who are quality. They might not get the respect or the notice that they're supposed to, but I mean, it doesn't mean that they're not talented, you know what I'm saying. And if you have the wherewithal, you got the guts to go out there and step outside your box, I apluge.
Speaker 11: Can we just clap on that?
Speaker 2: Like that's just like.
Speaker 1: I said, you Lebron came to the basement when what you know, because he was talking about he would have retired band, give Kevin Garnett the NVP that year. Who are some players like that?
Speaker 3: You were like that? You met that, you like damn which because.
Speaker 2: You met Lebron early. I met Lebron like his Rookie Year. Yeah. I was actually at they used to do the before it was a big deal. I was at the NBA store in New York City when he got his Rookie of the Year and now they got the award. They had like this thing there. I was there for that too. I've met I mean, I mean me and Ai you know Ai Ai. But for me, you know that, I easily the greatest person I've ever had time to actually sit and talk to with MJO. I did a song. So when the Air Jordan's seventeens came out, I was already like a lightweight spokesperson, you know, taste maker for Jordan brand because of Rap City. So they was like, we had this idea. If you remember, the seventeens came in the suitcase, So in the suitcase was the CD. Rhym. On the CD rhm is a song that was produced by Mike Phillips and Tony Touch and I'm rhyming on it about the shoe. I made a whole song about the Air Jordan seventeen. It's the thing. I think it's called I Can Fly, but you could go. I mean I have it in my phone because I keep stuff.
Speaker 12: Late because that's a classic, a song for the shoes.
Speaker 2: So right after it, like I wrote it and then there was some things that might didn't like, I had to rewrite it was right saw some people because it was you know, it was fun, and he was like, no, I don't do that my folks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Mike is very precise.
Speaker 2: But then I remember like that summer after the Shoe dropped, so which was like February Round All Star, he had his UH poker tournament in Bahamas. I still have not yet Mike. I have not yet met Mike. And it's a crowd of people. They're playing inside Atlantis, and I poked my head like through the crowd and Mike's playing at the table and Mike goes come in. He said he knew exactly that's how yeah fell off the wall.
Speaker 1: Very sad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, I love that. But I was literally you know, like sometimes you just blow up, he said. He was like, I was like, I'm walking yeah, Mike. Mike called and I walked over there and I stood behind him and drapped him up. He was talking about the song and he was playing poker, and he was like, I got up with you. Later, I was like, wow, I think I remember hold On and it's a story. It makes my sense. I six springs with gold medals for m VPS. Not that many can be. This needs to go on with the planes from Midley Kennedy back in the league.
Speaker 11: I love your rat voice.
Speaker 3: The streaming numbers Finna go up on that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wish I would get paid.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah like that.
Speaker 2: I was excited about that. I've done a couple of a couple of things in my life sports wise and music wise that I'm extremely proud of.
Speaker 3: Some of our favorite rupers in the basement.
Speaker 2: Lord, Yeah, it's happened. It has happened. I mean between that, I did a thing, a special thing with Bust on his back on my BS album. I had an idea and I texted him one time. I was like, Yo, let's do a song where I'm interviewing you, asking the questions, rhyming and you rhyme the answers. He was like, bet so. I was like I had to hear fromhim like two months. On sleep one night he hits me, it's like, yo, Tig, remember that song. I'm like, Bust, what are you talking about. It's like three months later he's like y'a. I'm gonna send you a beat. I want you to write all the questions. Send me the track. I'm gonna write the answers. We're gonna collapse. He sends me a beat from Doctor Dre. I was like, you want me rhyme over this? So I wrote all I held this whole thing, asking him, like really from a journalistic standpoint, asking about all of his BS because I was back on my BS. I even wrote a thing where at least ladies called in into like into the show. We shot a video for it. It's called if you don't Know Now you know. I was really to this day, I'm really proud of that because I've yet to see anybody else execute it, and it was your idea.
Speaker 11: I'm loving that.
Speaker 2: So that, like on the music side besides rap City, was definitely something I was super proud of. Second on the sports side of thing, like at this moment right now, and it took somebody to mention it to me. I think it was Jay z Man when Jay came to the Hots game. So Jay I was like, ohle, He was like, oh I love this for you, this is great. I was I was like, oh, thanks day, and he was like, you do know there's only like thirty of you. Really only thirty, however many teams in the league. I think it's thirty thirty. There's only one PA announcer our team, but there's only thirty NBA public address announcers. There's only eight of us that are black. And it didn't dawn on me until the whole said it, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why he got that.
Speaker 2: Mind was like that, that's what's up. And then last year we had the honor to play our first two preseason games in Abu Dhabi, and it was the first two professional basketball games in Abu Dhabi in because the Hawks game was home first, they brought our entire staff, so I was the first. I was the first person in the public address announce in the NBA game. And I was just like like taking little notes like that because it's not something you around with a flag.
Speaker 1: But like a marathon.
Speaker 3: But then you're gonna shack like somebody going like, damn.
Speaker 2: I've been calling you legend first legends since I know you know.
Speaker 12: The legend is this man got signed with Joy and going to poker, Jordan calling his name and jay.
Speaker 2: Z talking come on, man, I still called you legend. First, I'm going I'm a legend.
Speaker 12: Yeah, collaborate with Now that you're in the music and the music, I want to collabe with Lauren Hill. I just feel like she's so so dope and jeans with it. She can get on anything and just kill it. It don't matter what John were like. She's just so so fly with it.
Speaker 3: Though we know you got the money of the booker, you know who?
Speaker 2: I see a song with you with Alright, Leonarx, she's dope. I see you doing the songer Ari Lennox sister, Oh sisters, dope.
Speaker 3: You might need the executive produce that.
Speaker 2: Man, she got my number, y'all hear that?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, Oh my god. Look at all these blessings.
Speaker 2: Legend. She's a legend. She's just legend.
Speaker 11: Every time you see him looking at a legend.
Speaker 2: Legend. I've been going legends since I know.
Speaker 1: You happening before college and all that.
Speaker 12: I started probably like my rookie year in the league. Oh really yeah, I mean doing a dun lawn. It just became an outlet for me, you know what I'm saying. But now recently it's really starting to take off and get some buzzs you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, well deserved though I appreciate.
Speaker 2: That, and boss, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a question for both of y'all.
Speaker 6: But starting with angel you saw what Angela Reis said about her making more money than some of the players in WAH. How do you feel about that take and like where that's going to take college players?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Well, obviously you know and I yell didn't always exist, so players couldn't say that. But now you got players making millions of dollars in college, right, so they feel like, well, why am I rushing to go to a league where I'm not gonna make that much?
Speaker 11: She has a point, but.
Speaker 12: On the other end, that needs to put pressure on the dumba to start raising the salaries for the girls, you know what I mean, Because you can't tell me a Diana Tarassi a shoe bird or like a you know, my brand is worth less than a meal with what we've done in the league and how we play and how popular we are.
Speaker 11: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: But yet our salaries don't to pict none of that.
Speaker 11: So it's definitely something that needs.
Speaker 2: Change off or something like that. But the hidden blessing and all of that is, when she does make it to the league, she bringing that corporate money with her. Yeah, so hopefully what should happen is all that money should come with as they start in the college, they should bring it with it and the attention to the to the w NBA, and hopefully it levels up everybody else. That is my wish. That's what it happened.
Speaker 4: My question for Angel kind of piggybacks off of that. Can you talk about the disparity between the NBA and WNBA, not just with money, but like operations, like facilities, travel, like hotels. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Let me tell you all want that. I'm gonna break it down, se y'all.
Speaker 12: So this is what hurts women's basketball in any other sport. When you watch women's tennis, man tennis, you know, the men hit the ball harder, but you really don't see the difference. In soccer, the men kick it harder, but you really don't see the difference.
Speaker 11: Right, the women may swim faster, but you really don't see the difference.
Speaker 12: Well, when you watch Lebron James jump and you watch one of us jump, you see this big difference, the significant difference to any other sport, and so that comparison makes it like whoa, they really can't do what they can do? Then like then, like how I explain with other sports?
Speaker 11: So that hurts us. But the great thing is with.
Speaker 12: Less promotion, we don't have nearly as much as promotion as meant.
Speaker 11: But look who we are.
Speaker 12: So imagine if we started getting the same marketing promotion, it will work. People when people meet me, they want to come to a game because they know who they're coming to watch. Nobody would go to the NBA game they didn't know who they were watch them. You guys, is anybody in here met Lebron besides tig But you feel like you know them, right, even though you've never met them, you feel like you know them. You know his story, you know his background. People don't know us, so you know that hurts our fan base. They want to know who they're coming to watch. And as far as the facilities and everything, yeah, we want a charter of course and have better facilities, but that stuff is growing, you know, it is getting better. And plus we use a lot of the NBA facilities.
Speaker 11: As long as the so it's like yes.
Speaker 12: And they say at twenty five years the NBA. The WNBA is more farther along than the NBA twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that new Las Vegas Asians facility and they got a new facility.
Speaker 12: The ACES facilities like top of the line. They never have to worry about using nobody else facilities. So hopefully more owners can build women in their own facilities.
Speaker 2: Not a big double.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna ask you this, what's the most exciting game you ever either been to or watched?
Speaker 12: Man, one of the most signed games. I would say, like, could it be one that I played in?
Speaker 11: Shit, that's the man At Louisville.
Speaker 12: Were in a Final four planning against Oklahoma and they had the big Paris twin girl during the time, she had like a whole bunch of double dolls in a row. She still holds the record. And nobody thought we would win. And literally we hit the hit the game when the shot they had a chance to come back and hit the three to tie and they miss, and all of you care was just all the fans rushing down to the floor like you know how they crowd and all of that, and just that was just amazing for me to experience that, to be in it part of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, to watch it to be in it.
Speaker 1: So that was a big man.
Speaker 6: I got a question fatigued with you announcing the games. Are you like near the near the floor, like.
Speaker 2: I'm at the scorer's table with the players check in, like where they be sitting over there waiting to get in the game. Yeah, I'm right there. Yeah, well Lebron, thank happens all of that.
Speaker 6: So what I was going to ask you about what that whole situation with Lebron and that white girl.
Speaker 4: Was you there to hear?
Speaker 2: I was, So I wasn't pa announcing yet, I was DJing that, but I believe she might have might might be back in the building now maybe or maybe not. But when I was with DC, when I was with the Wizards, I remember fans say some wild stuff to the players, and I remember Lebron. There's a white guy in DC. He was a season ticket holder, but he used to talk reckless to everybody. And I remember he said something about Lebron's mom. We were like baseline, and I remember Lebron the ball. Somehow the ball stopped and he literally stopped, turned around, walked to the baseline and was like, you know the only thing that this line just imagine every line is the only reason I'm not coming over there and beating your ass. You know, you wouldn't say that to me in put like it was. It was this is what like early before they really started throwing people out because.
Speaker 3: You forget, he's six eight two, Like, you can't.
Speaker 1: Do ship with this man.
Speaker 2: But he made a really it was I don't even want to say what the god said because it's disrespectful, but he said it about Lebron's mom.
Speaker 3: Was he white?
Speaker 2: He was white? And Lebron I think he started to go back up the court, took two steps and turn right back around, and I was like, roll. But so I've seen and heard lots of player people say stuff, and players now are are more apt to you know, if you go too far, they more app to point you out and try to get you put out because it's no. I mean, it's one thing to be a fan and you know, like you know, you can say you whack, you can say you can't play. Start talking about my family kids do it too much. Bro. So I respect, I respect all the you know, it's it's but there's some there's some One of my favorite things sitting at the scorers table is you get to hear a lot of conversations and see stuff like either between coaches and rest players and players. You have people talk to each other that you would normally hear on the TV. That stuff is fun for me. I was like, oh no, he did, like so like stuff like that is fun.
Speaker 4: Who's the biggest ship talker since you've been with the Hawks that you see court we just be popping off like crazy, gotta be dray Man.
Speaker 2: We only get the Golden State like once a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, Patrick Beverly talks a lot. I can see that, Patrick Man, Patrick Beverly talks. I see, uh, you know Tatum quietly. I mean, but it's like when he like, like you know, like this month that him Like there's a lot of people who kind of like people gonna make faces and stuff, and then there are people who like it's fun because I know a lot of people and like during the game, like they'll come over and look at me stupid and like like and I'd be like, yo, man, stop playing. I'm like, like it's so it's it's Patrick Beverley is far in the park way up there that I can really pinpoint. But there's a lot of players that are confident in their abilities, and if it usually starts with somebody else saying something stupid to them and then they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I like, try Young, be talking. I'm like, when you get to talking and.
Speaker 2: In doing, the world does not like Trey Young for some reason. He is he is under appreciated. And the fact that he was third and was let me get this right, third and assists and top fifteen and scoring and then make I mean, who averages twenty six and ten and don't make all NBA. That's kind of not realistic, but I mean it honestly, Trey has a chip on his shoulder the size of the mountain. Ever, and stuff like this keeps pushing him. So when you say he can't do it, you go, all right, I'll be back check it.
Speaker 1: What made you want to what not? I won't say make the switch, but when did you see Like I'm gonna do this, like because I know you're you're stealing on radio to this day, like you know what I'm saying. You was on BT, but to go to make that transition to start, like, first of all, when do you sleep, because you are very Carol in the morning about.
Speaker 2: Four o'clock in the morning. I'm there at five fifteen to ten o'clock day on day, on game days, it's definitely a nap. It's a super nap.
Speaker 3: You want to stop my magic grab me from.
Speaker 2: The Magic City when it during the week. Ain't no Limon Pepper during the week, all right. But again, the first opportunity I had was in DC with the Wizards. They let me DJ. I was excited. They had never had had one before me, I think, and I was like, I'm going to turn this building upside down. And that was what I did. And there was an article I'll never forget this. I think it was a ring magazine and Kobe was under cover. In the article. Kobe was talking about the building in d C. He gave me such a big shout. He was like, take a hat us up and there like ah, And I was like, I went to I went to so big once I got kind of got the hangar in d C. And then when I moved to Atlanta in twenty thirteen, like it was one of my checklist items. I need the DJ for the Hawks and they let me in the next season, I tell people I got traded from and then I was as the I had literally done five with the Wizards and this was going to be my I did eight wow with the Hawks, and I was kind of thinking about not DJing anymore because I was like twelve thirteen, it's kind of running its course. And then they were like, hey, let me ask you would be interested in and I was like, oh yeah, oh yeah. So I became like the backup first, you know, they had to make sure I could do it, dude. And then you know, like at the end of one season, they were like, hey, you know, we think we might want you to do this next season, and I was like, well, let's roll because the A it gave me another It gave me another way to express myself, another platform. It's a lot more visible, it's a lot more audible the DJ. You're playing music most.
Speaker 1: Of the time, even though they me talk like they know that big chicken voice.
Speaker 2: If you had a heart, just listen. I just want to make fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the only difference. When people say about like coming to like you know, Atlanta type, it's just a different fields. Like anytime the Falcons don't break that music dropping wing, it ain't know them old song.
Speaker 12: Nobody's some swag servant, Yes, ain't nobody spake something.
Speaker 2: Else, so really quick, let me send a shout out to my entire Hawks family and staff who enabled me as a DJ and definitely enabled me as a p announcer. And also shout out to my Falcon staff because last year we were the number one rated stadium for music and we were I think top three or four in customer like fan appreciation, like they came to the game and enjoyed themselves in the league. And that is up just my second that was my second season. So the entire your game ops team at the Hawks and the Falcons, we on our ships.
Speaker 11: Just drop the mic.
Speaker 2: Fans listen, man, I'm here for the fund.
Speaker 4: We should see this live like a broken play trip. You know. Take invite us out so we can see you work live. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The Hawks, let me get it. Let me think, which is easier when it's harder. The NBA is harder than the NFL. Career in the NBA got a lot of rules, bro rules. I get y'all in Mercedes Beans easy, and I can get y'all in the State Bumps. Interesting. I did not, but I got a frame at the crib. That part I was so proud of myself.
Speaker 1: What's one of the biggest like accolades, like somebody you know giving you your problem legend.
Speaker 11: I would just say being being a gold medalist. That's probably one.
Speaker 2: Of these accolades.
Speaker 12: Just to have a good memory neck representing like your country that's trying to tattoo a little bit.
Speaker 11: But we got dark and yellow.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, like how Tim was saying, like what you know, Kobe saying that.
Speaker 11: That way, Yeah, because I know you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: Probably Don Staley saying yeah, give me my props and saying how amazing a.
Speaker 11: Player I am?
Speaker 12: So that that's big coming when I called you.
Speaker 11: So yeah, she's she's been trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nah, I appreciate y'all coming through broken play kicking it with the man. I hope y'all had fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, we got two legends. We got two legends in the one would I'm not gonna I'm not gonna leave y'all, but no, let them know where they could find your music. All that.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, my music is on all platforms.
Speaker 12: You can check me on an I g at mccawtree my last name to check out anything you need to know.
Speaker 2: Fars, please follow me at Big Ticket Show. Do me the wonderful service of going to Big Ticker Foundation dot org. I'm doing the charity bike ride that Angel just says she's gonna be in Sunday, June fourth.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: The whole goal is to rived through this West Side Park in Atlanta and give one hundred kids free bikes. That's after that. All of it is just periphery. But there'll be a health festival, live DJ music, free food from Study Vegan and Dave Cheese Steaks. But it's a whole thing. Big Tickets, belt Line Bike first presented by at a Better Health of Judgia.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to come to the city. We get it back to the city.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, I appreciate y'all coming through.
Speaker 1: Man, y'all make sure y'all following supporting them as well. Man, this has been another episode of Broken Lazy