Speaker 1: Have you, guys ever been in a friend zone that you wanted to get out of? Of course?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you get out of it?
Speaker 3: No, I'm still in the friend zone right now. She got and I took him to a good part so you can really see the trench out.
Speaker 2: Have been to the trenches?
Speaker 1: He took you to the trenches, and I have.
Speaker 2: Been outside of I had shows everywhere. I'm pretty sure of it.
Speaker 3: Everywhere, trenches though, right, yeah, facts, it was valid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, yeah, yeah, back in the day for sure.
Speaker 1: What's going on, guys, I was on here with another episode of We need to Talking Today. I have two very special guests in the building. We have Ja Quiz in Dage. Yeah, what's up. I'm so happy to have you guys here. At the same time, I feel like somebody should pinch me. It feels too good to be true. How are you guys?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Feeling good? Feeling good? Great? I know we got fucking friend Zone two out. Now. It's been a minute since you guys did this tape. What made you guys want to come back together and give us another one?
Speaker 4: Well, we had to. I mean it's been a long time, you know what I'm saying. Since we dropped first one. We dropped the first one in twenty seventeen, and the fans wanted it. You know, we wanted to do it too. Also, you know, we've been creating music throughout the years, and uh, this was just like perfect timing, you know what I'm saying. We found a perfect gap to put it out and so we found a perfect opportunity also.
Speaker 2: And then everything just lined up.
Speaker 4: You know, everything just started lining up after one by one we started working in the studio and we had a couple of records, but the records got better and better, and we just like, man, we got to keep working, working, work. Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying, and it just became what it is. And you know, we got an official day and it's lit.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Now. How did you guys reconnect in the studio. Was it like you were sitting on old songs it was like these need to be out or was it just like the demand of the fans.
Speaker 3: Like you said, we've been working throughout the years, so it was never a discon It was a little bit of a disconnect.
Speaker 1: But you know, a lot of life has happened for the both of you guys in the time span.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, like we just took the records that we had already done, like from those days, like from twenty do we have twenty seventeen records like we got.
Speaker 1: We got, nineteen, we got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like all sore.
Speaker 3: That one from yeah, like Questions is like the one. I feel like that popped it off where we were like, oh yeah, we're doing a part two.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Facts that was like two thousand and nineteen in.
Speaker 3: Atlanta, So yeah, we was out there and you know, like I said, we just always had that connection with the music, like okay, we got to put this out at some point maybe and the fans they wanted they're like the people who demanded it.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, facts make it happen. I'm here for it. How has or has the chemistry changed it all in recording process and styles since you guys you know first did it.
Speaker 4: Nah, it's the same, really, yeah, it's the same. It's the same energy. Like as far as the energy, you know, the conversation is more mature, but as far as the energy that's put into creating the songs, it's the same.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The vibes, the vibes changed a little bit don't drink.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, well that's the difference, Like I don't be in the studio I.
Speaker 1: Used to be.
Speaker 3: I think that's a little you know, that's good. You know, I still drink.
Speaker 1: But is he less fun?
Speaker 2: She told me before?
Speaker 3: Right, I'm going trying to you know, I respect it because he used to be crazy. So as I say, the music, you know, it's still hit for you know, I respect the work ethic and how he just like cleaned it up with you know a lot, like he's gotten better. Make me want to step it up and stop drinking or you know, work on my vocals more because he's like serious and like more serious now. I know.
Speaker 1: I've known that he was.
Speaker 3: Then, like he was like I thought he was the mand DM. But it's like I see, like who you wanted to be then, So it's like he's him now.
Speaker 1: So you know, I appreciate that. That's actually what's up honestly, that real growth. Yeah yeah, okay, what would you guys say? It's the biggest difference between one and two age maturity and the music maturity.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, the content just like you know, I feel like it was a little you know that cush you know, yeah, then, like.
Speaker 2: You know, and this is kind of like a like a deeper standpoint, like you go to a.
Speaker 3: Different level in the friend Zone, like we're not at the level we was.
Speaker 4: At then, you know, right, it's kind of like you know, in the music, it's like a step up. So if you listen to part one, it'll be like it's kind of like a movie, like when you got your favorite characters in the movie and it's like, oh, I could tell on this when they grew up, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like people always want.
Speaker 3: To see the all grown up versions of things that they had in their childhood. We got a lot of people who's made babies off this, the first one and all that, so for real, were competing with a lot. I want people to show me they fucking friend Zone babies, like they they be telling me, Like, man, you don't. It's like so many stories behind the album, the mixtape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in conclusion to this tape, is it really fucking friend Zone? Is it like you know what we hear we in this or is it or are we keeping it in the friend Zone?
Speaker 4: The conclusion of the project, I'm trying to think is high end because it's like.
Speaker 2: I feel like that curiosity. I think that's what it is. It's like it's still gonna leave you with a question mark.
Speaker 3: Oh man, okay, you never just show your full you know, I don't know, and that's life. So you know, you just keep it there so you can continue going and keep it, you know, f a friend Zone three, Like, I think it can just keep going and getting like you know, it may come to an end where you know, the title may change, but nah, I think it's you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll take a trilogy. I will. I would. I would love a trilogy. Just the three close it off a three pack. This one definitely stepped it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super hard.
Speaker 1: Who did you guys work with in the studio producer wise?
Speaker 2: We worked with a lot of the same producers, but.
Speaker 4: Nash b of course gotta have him Carr from Iris, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Made that some classic classic oh G.
Speaker 1: Parker Music Major.
Speaker 2: A couple moret guys, I can't remember everybody else.
Speaker 1: Did you guys go back and forth between Detroit and Atlanta and producing this now?
Speaker 4: We did a lot of these records in Atlanta, l A, and Miami pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, started in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You know, yep, I feel like Atlanta and Miami are definitely very friends on type of cities too.
Speaker 2: Is Atlanta Miami? Yeah, oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Those cities just for like bring real off that.
Speaker 2: In our last video was shot in Miami and Atlanta exactly.
Speaker 3: That's our territory though, you know that's what.
Speaker 1: That makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: I can't brought him to Detroit for to shoot the covert. Most he's came to my stumping grounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was dope. It was.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was dope to do it out there anyway, just because she's from there, and it's just like it's something different.
Speaker 2: Than a you know what I'm saying. It's like a way to connect that there. So I thought it was super dope.
Speaker 3: And I took him to the good part so he can't really see the trench out.
Speaker 2: I don't been to the trenches.
Speaker 3: We took you to the trenches, and.
Speaker 2: I have been outside of the turch. I had shows everywhere. I'm pretty sure I.
Speaker 3: Been everywhere trenches though, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, facts, it's valid, yeah, hey yeah, yeah, back in the day for sure, for sure, super valid.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Detroit, I actually just had ice wear visil on and we were talking about how like hip hop's sound is heavy shaped by Detroit, but it's just not really talked about. How do you feel about that? Do you agree with that? Or like does it bother you at all? You know, it doesn't bother me.
Speaker 3: I mean it's we we all know, like everybody's in the mix, you know, everybody's own deck now, like.
Speaker 1: So they see it.
Speaker 3: You know, it took us a while to get here and just kind of stap our song and show people this was us the whole time. But you know, even with my son, like a lot of people, you know, they ran with it and milked it out and shit. So I was bothered at first, but now I'm good. You know, you live, you learn, you recognize you're grading. Then you know people gonna copy, you know, so shout out to my city, Like we we definitely deserve our flowers in all that we do, from the fashion of music, the food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Detroit, No, I'm gonna give your flowers because you were definitely one of the first. Like that's why I'm like, oh my god, sorry, I please finch me. I have both of you guys here appreciate that and just especially as a woman, like you breaking through with major for the female rap movement like in general, but then on top of that Beer from Detroit.
Speaker 3: I didn't even really think about that. It's kind of crazy, Yeah, hmm, definitely kind of you know, popped it off a little bit, but you know, open the door for everybody else.
Speaker 1: How were you able to break through, especially at the time when Detroit wasn't even like this.
Speaker 3: Lit you said, said it again.
Speaker 1: How were you able to break through beer from Detroit even though Detroit wasn't even like this on right now?
Speaker 3: Just having that mentality like just how you say, like just knowing, you know, like we kind of got like this, not arrogant, but we kind of know who we are, Like we know we was gonna make it when somebody seen us. So that's the mentality I always kept, like if somebody hear this, somebody see this, you know, it's gonna go where we need to go. So I think everybody kind of has that, you know, whenever he was gonna get in the door, like somebody, they was gonna you know, see a lot of us come through.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't really a matter of if it was just like win like yeah, it was just win for me, like you know, like that's that's how I always felt like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: And talk to me about like I guess being okay with imitation being a form of flattery because even I myself be like I peep it and I don't love it, but I know I should be flattered. How did you I guess accept.
Speaker 3: That just at nature, I'm just like you know, I'm I got a good heart, So I just don't take things to the you know extreme. I feel a lot, you know, even if I'm talking to us my people where they're talking to me and just you know, some people just was feeding me different stuff. You see it online, so you get you know, that kind of influences and trigger certain things.
Speaker 1: But it's like do I really care about this?
Speaker 2: Do I do?
Speaker 1: I really? You know?
Speaker 3: And I b you know, it took time cause it's like you don't understand it sometime like wait, why are you you wanna be? You know, I just don't get it, but now you know, I hit it. I didn't get it at first. It was like cause I personally don't you know, I'm inspired by things and you know, all things, but it's like I don't just go and just copy and paste, you know, so I w it was tough, but you know.
Speaker 1: But the good thing about you is like you already the bar. So you just gotta yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Just gotta find more, you know, find more things for people to copy, and just keep doing, you know, keep being who you are.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's really so natural that it's hard to even.
Speaker 1: Care.
Speaker 3: It's like, eh, so yeah, I understand your lane and just keep doing you for real, and nobody's gonna make sure, like you know, in that sense, like they gonna see, they gonna know who's the real or. I definitely love when you and Larry collab for several reasons. I think the Detroit sound compliments to Bay.
Speaker 1: The twins.
Speaker 3: Huh, I said that's my other that that really.
Speaker 1: Is your other twins. Okay, yeah, they's got work husbands. You one of them.
Speaker 2: She got.
Speaker 1: It works you're the original work husband. But then she she got Barry now too. But I'm a fan of both.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, we're supposed to make an album too, for a mixtape, like we was working on some stuff. We got some stuff in the talk, so okay, we you know, get that, go on work husband is.
Speaker 1: It's different energy though with y'all is like not toxic, it's just more like sensual, where with the other one it's like sensual, a little more peace platonic friendship. Yeah, I'm not talking about in real life talking about music came up? You have, no I know, I know. I don't want no problem. I don't want to get him in trouble. I like the situation you got going on. She seems like a great person.
Speaker 2: Every everything is everything.
Speaker 1: I don't want no smoke. But but I will say, y'all know online people will always be talking about y'all and how cute y'all are and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Of course, what is going on?
Speaker 1: Why couldn't DeAndre come to the video shoot?
Speaker 2: You said why?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know why. I mean, it's worked, you know. And in work environments, it have to be a work.
Speaker 1: A work in a relationship currently No, I just got it before year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's what I think though, Like workspaces have to feel like workspaces, Like you know what I'm saying. Like sometimes when you work and you know, you got people that in relationships with different things like that, sometimes you could just naturally throw the energy off.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's what I naturally think, Like, especially when you gotta work so close with someone, you know what I'm saying, It's like, naturally, you might not try to wear your emotion on your face. Not saying she does or anything like that, but that could happen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: A person could do that.
Speaker 4: I remember working with females back in the day and they do to be in the studio and I come in there and I automatically tell my partners like.
Speaker 2: Hey, brother, they do feel some type of way.
Speaker 4: I could tell you feel me, and it'll just shift the room, you know what I'm saying. So you know, I think to just make this the greatest that we wanted to be and the greatest that the fans deserve. I just think all the energy should just be put towards this. You know, time and place for everything, Like I think, I think things should be separated, you know what I'm saying, Certain things, time and place.
Speaker 1: I get that because it takes like it's all energy.
Speaker 2: Exactly everything, And especially when you really when.
Speaker 4: You really write your music and you really like you know what I'm saying, It's like you have to really get into a world where you could create that, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, to keep that chemistry on and off camera, like which natural.
Speaker 1: That's the thing too. It's so really like you might feel.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, wait a minute, you know that's my man, which I get. But you know we're just working, yeah, trying to you.
Speaker 1: Know, trying to be great, trying to be great. Makeaway for the film, man, y'all are great. What was about to be your follow up question? She said, you in a relationship?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was saying, like, you know, would you allow your partner to just be with you at work on you know, every.
Speaker 1: Day or oh every day?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But sometimes cool Like yeah, sometimes sometimes it's cool.
Speaker 2: That's why it's the time and the place.
Speaker 3: The same things it required. But then it's like, you know, that's you know, that's all I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I'm with it. I'm with it. I'm with you guys. Was there any records in this recording process that you guys were like surprised that y'all came up like, oh, this this.
Speaker 2: Is actually some shiit, Like like what you mean like a record that's like damn, how we do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like y'all are surprised, like on how good it was.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think Just Another Love Song was like a creep up like see like like wow, Like we had got back in the studio in Miami and we was planning to finish our project and I had my boy k Major down there with us. I had Nash be with us, She had her people with her. You know, we had our teams with us. Yeah shut Out to Young Rock, you know what I mean, that's one of her guys. And we just got in there, you know, doing what we're doing, and h just another love song came about, and you know, I love that song. I think that's probably my favorite song on the project. And it's just a classic, you know what I'm saying, It's just a classic. Even I think that's a song we made. I was just like, dang, like this feel like the icing on the cake to what we got, Like this feel like what we need, like because without that record, it's like the project would have still been great. But you know, when you creating an album, everything kind of go together. That's why the order important, you know what I'm saying for the songs, because the song could be out of order and then they might throw the whole album off.
Speaker 2: But this right here was just like.
Speaker 3: Per first three we did in Miami on the album, the first three trucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like just another love song, favorite one back Door, all those records we did like rite up right up in there. So it was special and uh, it's just super dope. And like I said, it was all about energy, you know what I'm saying. We came to the studio literally in the same outfit, didn't even plan it, you know what I'm saying, Like literally, AND's gonna wear the same shoes I had on some t's when I came in there was like I thought about wearing the TS.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is crazy crazy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What is yall signs aries both? Oh hell no, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it just bet the vibes.
Speaker 4: And once we feel that type of vibe and it's easy to make the music, you know what I'm saying. It's easy because it's familiar. Like man, oh, it's like this easy. You know, we could easily go to that world where we know how to.
Speaker 3: Create, like been down to not even having other writers and stuff like we open but we you know, we got it because it's so like I'm talking to you like it's dope.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's like conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's just so so many ways you can go with it, you know what I'm saying, Because our whole time of creating has always been something to make people just guess when you listen to the music.
Speaker 1: Like what's happening?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But that's how good it is, you know what I'm saying. Like that how you want it to be. That's like if your favorite actor is acting in some movies, you're like, wait, they play that part too good? Like wait, what the fuck going on? You know what I'm saying. That's how I feel about us. You know, I feel like it's like it's too it's so good, like it just be like wait, yeah exactly, it's like wait, how the fuck cause it's so good. And this one honestly is better than the first one.
Speaker 2: Really, you feel me. Yeah, it's like, oh yeah, it's better than the first one. You feel me. It's like it always gets better. You feel me.
Speaker 4: It's like this this better, you feel me, it's better. The first one was great too, it was so great. It was this one great too, though I'm not even lying to you cause it's like it just flow. It's like if you if were going in order, like if we were playing the first one that we played this, it'll be perfect.
Speaker 2: It won't go down, it'll go up.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel about a favorite one, Like that's that's number two on them, Like that's one of the ones.
Speaker 1: To answer that question, like.
Speaker 3: I mean, we do it all the time though, Like the more we make or hit, I'll be like I want to make another one, like we can be and we can.
Speaker 1: We can go.
Speaker 4: You don't like to stop recording. We would have still been recording this.
Speaker 3: Album, like we can go bigger, like and I honestly feel like, fuck a friend Zone isn't just our ceiling of music we can make. We just only use this type of content. And you know, but I feel like we can go beyond a lot of this.
Speaker 1: But well, where are you trying to take it?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm saying, you know, as far as comic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like gospel, like we can get in there, like it's a music connection. It's like the type of you know, we kind of think the same in some ways, you know, we kind of you know it's easy.
Speaker 1: Like it's yeah, that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Like when it's easy to create like this, you know it's special.
Speaker 1: Like when it's easy, it just like make it feel like money. You feel like we can get some out of it. I love that for both of y'all. Actually, like I like the chemistry you guys have together. I always liked it on the music, but seeing you guys in person and hearing y'all talk about it, it's like, ah, it makes sense. I feel see they got to see it to believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real talk.
Speaker 1: But Okay, So when it came to doing the track with together, you under saying that this project is made to be played in order.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so, Like once you got to play it the order the first time, you know what I'm saying. And it ain't no reason for you to skip around because ain't no features, so it ain't nothing you're gonna read on the back of I want to hear this on him now.
Speaker 3: When it's when you take your listen and you pick your favorite, yeah, then you can can't tell people like you could float.
Speaker 4: But if you if I had to tell somebody or we had to tell why to play it, I would tell my let it ride the first time, then go through it.
Speaker 3: It's definitely one of them riders. Yeah, just like it rid. It's just music.
Speaker 1: Was it difficult to like put in order? Like? Was it like, no, I gotta be like this this this? Did you get help?
Speaker 4: Every time we made a song, I was just like, you know, we was moving to order, like when we'll make songs like okay, this sounds good right here.
Speaker 3: We didn't change it after uh like after a while, it was like it's stuck because.
Speaker 4: Fact, because I was gonna say, eve, when we will play the songs, we'll know which one next.
Speaker 3: Really added the Miami songs the first top three. The other ones had been we been had, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we needed them.
Speaker 3: Though we did, we had we still got other records in the truck that didn't make it.
Speaker 2: But you know, oh, we got so many songs that didn't make it. That's hard.
Speaker 1: So what are we doing?
Speaker 4: What I mean, We'll find a way to put them out, you know what I'm saying. Because we're getting ready to go on tour too.
Speaker 1: So I know, I honestly loved that. Yeah, I wish the toy was on Valentine's Day. I'm not gonna lie I.
Speaker 2: Would be fronting rope your what your four year dude?
Speaker 1: No? Why see why you want to play?
Speaker 2: Because you just were so live for Valentine's They were like, well, who are you gonna go with?
Speaker 1: Don't worry about me?
Speaker 2: Okay, see what I'm saying. You're gonna do that the meto. You can't tell me though.
Speaker 1: What you mean? All right, I'll tell you off camera. Your ship is public, not mine.
Speaker 2: See you what I'm saying. Look see how you cake?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So and I just would like.
Speaker 2: To say, well for Beddy, who's in the folio Breadso it.
Speaker 1: Like this guy hates me, this guy hates me. Okay. So if you guys had to describe fucking friend zone and one word, what's the one word? You version of warm? Like, just give me an example, spicy, sensual.
Speaker 4: Toxic, I would say a little toxic, a little toxic and sensual.
Speaker 1: My word is platonic. That's the word of the They said, I am standing on business.
Speaker 2: Okay, the music is there for sir.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm very you know, platonic.
Speaker 3: It's cute, it's cute, you know, it's it's friends.
Speaker 1: That's my word. Friends. Friendship.
Speaker 2: That was a nice word. Cue. I rarely say cute. I called my son cute it sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, men hate the word cute, like, but should be cute, should be cute?
Speaker 4: I mean girls say it, but you feel me. I just literally started saying like, oh man, I had.
Speaker 1: To like, yeah, it's not an insult to say.
Speaker 2: I feel That's why I was just like, oh man, my son is so cute. He's so handsome.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, just my baby. That's the only time men can use the word cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you know then, but then we're gonna throw the little very handsome right behind it.
Speaker 1: Because you know what, See, we got in fact this masculine.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just really just don't even sound like rolling off the lip a little bit.
Speaker 1: You what cute?
Speaker 2: Cute?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's the part of the just masculine energy. I guess I'll leave it at that. Have you guys ever been in a friend zone that you wanted to get out of? Of course?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you get out of it? You don't got to go into details and.
Speaker 3: Just nah, I'm still in the friend zone right now.
Speaker 1: How did you get out of it? How m h it's kept working surprising consistency. Yeah, so when I was younger, okay, and Dade, you said, you're still in it kind of well, you know it's it's circumstantial, so it's kind of like, you know, I can't write that, but yeah, are you going to send the tape and be like number two, number three on here one through fifteen sixteen? I was sixteen sixteen. It's a sixteen track project and.
Speaker 2: Y'all got more and we dropping that.
Speaker 3: De looks they're gonna be surprised with the deloks. It's crazy. Have you ever been in a friend zone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel like that's like story of my life actually for real.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did a reason.
Speaker 1: I think because yo business, I think I give like a girl next door vibe. So I think it's like I think I give girl next door vibes, and I think like people will respect me. So because of that, they don't.
Speaker 4: Want to Necessarily, you be wanting them to like cross that fucking line.
Speaker 1: You want them to step over it.
Speaker 2: That's what you got to push up.
Speaker 1: Why are you gotta push up?
Speaker 2: I'm a lady.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: Nah, you gotta go look in the mirror. And push up. That's gonna work. That's not how it's supposed to go, though it can though men like women that'll push.
Speaker 1: Up women in the friend zone, Like it sounds like, but.
Speaker 2: A woman can't automatically get out.
Speaker 3: Of anybody can be in the friend zone, Like you can get out of much room. I mean money make them, you know, but.
Speaker 1: Not you pushing me like I don't want to take on mask with energy. Then that story is just not even fly because like say it works it out, then it's like, yeah, your mom came and like nah, like no, I want to be pursued, and I think like like heavy, yeah, I want to be pursued. I feel like this generation of men just be getting away with too.
Speaker 3: Much shit like nah, work for this yeah one he can't be chasing men like it's cute once again for men to do like you know, not cute, say to being a friend zone, but it's more you know, prominent with you guys like Okay, he's gonna, you know, try to chase I'm not.
Speaker 2: The one, but just hear you guys speak on it. It's really dope.
Speaker 1: How many times you've been putting the friend zone.
Speaker 2: My whole life?
Speaker 1: Oh god, like what you.
Speaker 3: Always go after women that you like shouldn't have or like, what is it?
Speaker 2: I mean, what I have a friend zone?
Speaker 4: I think I think a lot of guys like we might start off in the front zone, but then we eventually, like she said, we eventually gonna get the price eventually because guy's gonna keep at it.
Speaker 1: See, his thing is consistency. I say, that's why I said. It's a cute for guys, like they'll chase and chasing, but a woman just constantly on your body for your woman finally.
Speaker 2: Gives Oh you said like chasing. I thought you.
Speaker 1: Meant like not chasing, but it's like not chasing.
Speaker 2: Just basically like on you, like seeing what's going well.
Speaker 1: You might have been trying it for years, trying to see I think tim has a woman ever put themselves out there to you and like like you was, but didn't put her in the friend zone?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like if a woman ever approached me like, hey, this is what I want to do, and I'm like, hey, no, like.
Speaker 2: Turn it down.
Speaker 1: Essentially, yeah, I'm not gonna say this is what you want to do, but she just put it out there like we're friends, but I want to be more than friends. Have you ever been in that particument?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Of course, like you feel me. It's like it's so, it's.
Speaker 1: Like and were you into it now?
Speaker 4: I mean you gotta think like even growing up, like sometimes even when you grow up with females and stuff like that, if y'all grew up together, sometimes like when we all get a certain age, they try to turn the corner.
Speaker 2: You feel me, like, that's another.
Speaker 4: Part of life growing up, you know what I'm saying, Like, and you have to be like, nah, I don't look at you like that.
Speaker 2: You feel me. That's the first turn yet.
Speaker 1: Yo, somebody do that to him.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, but it might be like it might be like that did There's some more years come and it's like, wait, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Then you want to spend the block.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it be like that. I've seen it happen insanity. I've seen it happen like wait, hold on, wait, I need it's kindergarten. Now, that's weird. Watch out.
Speaker 4: And then they get in college and stuff like that, and then it's a whole different story.
Speaker 1: Watch out. It's crazy. See this is why I'm saying, my black guess right, No, like what, Oh my god, Okay, if you guys were able to do a visual album or short film on this project, what would the storyline be? Because, Loki, if we're gonna have like a modern day black movie like rom com, like a love Drones of Loving Basketball, I could like, Oh, this.
Speaker 4: Is that for sure the story is here. We're gonna do something like that. Because it's just make It's like, it's dope. I always think about that when I listen to the songs and stuff. I always be like, man, this would be like because you could vision it. You know, it's like a visionary project. You could just like see it and create your own movie. It always put me in the in the mind of like loving basketball and all that.
Speaker 3: The videos make it like that we've been making video. We have no videos to the last album than the Club, so that that's the only video. We three videos in though on this album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got another video shoot tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh did you guys think that at the Club was gonna be as big as it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I knew it.
Speaker 1: See that was enough.
Speaker 3: That was one of them. Oh, that was the one of them you were talking about, Like, I can't believe we made this I.
Speaker 4: Can't believe we made that record, but I knew it was gonna be after we recorded it. I remember being with my homeboy leaving the studio like early morning, late night whenever we left, and I just remember him like, cut this the one.
Speaker 2: He was just like this. I'll never forget how he said it, like, cuh, this the one.
Speaker 4: Like we have them record music, like I have been working and doing things like cut this is it, and it was really that, like it was one of the records like I like, I can't believe it made this. I can't believe this ain't no sample or nothing.
Speaker 3: Like, I can't believe nobody wants to like like take it and just you know, you know, like even in the labels because I was signed at the time, like they wasn't really rocking with me doing the mix y.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna say they wasn't.
Speaker 3: Let me not say that, but it was just like you know, other things that I hadn't even put out on my debut album, so it was like focus on you more. So. Maybe I don't know, but I was just like, like I said, I like creating and it sounded the good, and I'm just like this one of them Oh well, why y'all sleeping?
Speaker 1: Who playing?
Speaker 3: But this is it and it still goes and West Side Car. Like a lot of his beats, he made hits. Man, Like every b he send is a hit. So it is to the artist to do the job. I think I know facts he got that song.
Speaker 1: So I love that record. I do it every Thursday. I have an R and B night out here too all the time. Like that record always gets burned. It's it's damn near perfect. So yeah, man, I'm excited to hear the table.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We always played this game Questions that need answers. You played it last time draft, but I got new questions this time so you could still participate.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm just playing. No, I'm just I'm just.
Speaker 1: I promise you I'm not gonna get you in trouble. Uh huh, all right. The craziest thing, oh, this is it good. The craziest thing that has happened to me on tour had to be the time when.
Speaker 3: I took an edible and I had to go to the hospital. No, I was trying to be grown. You know, I was grown, but I wasn't. My lungs weren't. Yeah, I hadn't I wasn't a smoker, so yeah, it was just a bad night. Nicki Minaj's tour twenty fifteen. That was I was on that tour and uh we was in Kelly. We was in like like snorts Kelly, like I don't know, like but yeah.
Speaker 1: So were you supposed to perform?
Speaker 3: No? I was done. It was I was going to watch, like I was. I have performed. Oh god, cause I went on first on that tour actually, so it was like, you know, I was done.
Speaker 1: I was trying.
Speaker 3: I was going to watch Nicki and got stuck. Lit music bang even though it's her set, so it's boom boom boom, and that mixture mixed with that was like, oh, I just I went to another world.
Speaker 1: Are you done with edible?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I had one since No, Yeah, that was my first and I won my first trip, I guess, but that was my last one.
Speaker 1: Okay, we just got lightened dosage. That's all like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like flower, I don't do edible, so like too heavy too. I need to control my eyes.
Speaker 1: And loose Okay, okay, just a recommendation. Fuck with the mints, the mad light, the light with they're edible. I'm not doing them. No, all right, all right to our stories.
Speaker 4: Uh, it probably was like the I think that was the Mood tour. We was in a I think it was in Cali. We was in Cali, My Boy DC. We was performing like Baby, that's a record I had earlier on. It was the last show of the set and I made the last song of a set and we was up there. I used to bring all the whole f YB on the stage at the end. We was performing the record, and I tried to put my arm around them, you know what I'm saying. And when I tried to put my arm around him, he like kind of came back and the microphone went into my mouth and mess broke my teeth, you know what I'm saying. And my teeth was chilled, you know what I'm saying. I had a mouthful of blood. I remember just running off stage, running to the back and have my coverment. I remember just smiling, and I remember doing the meet and greet and I was just having my mouth like this doing the meet and greet, and I ask the fans like how long you been a fan? If there was a day one fan, I'll just show in my mouth because I knew it was gonna change now, but if there was a new fan, I'll be like, oh nah, you know you feel me keeping moving. But then I went to the Dennis the same night, so that was cool. I had bet the next day. That was like the craziest twist story.
Speaker 1: Now that's insanity. Showing fans of Bloody Mouth is crazy. Oh my god, No, honestly, I mean I tell you this on the time. But like, I've watched this shit from the beginning. I remember I had a friend book you for her sweet sixteen. This is like like when you were just on YouTube. Yeah, like books you in Maryland.
Speaker 2: You was there.
Speaker 1: I wasn't there. But then when I saw you was there, I was mad.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, yeah, I really missed out, but moved to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hey, man, I've watched it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, ten years from now, I want my legacy to.
Speaker 3: Be continuing on and on period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say the same, man, I knew you're about to do that.
Speaker 4: But in ten years I want yeah, I want to say in ten years, I want do to know like, Okay, he is what he say he is, you know, in the next ten years.
Speaker 2: It should be like, no.
Speaker 1: More arguments, and what is what he say he is?
Speaker 4: You know there's no explanation. They gonna already know what I'm talking about. I won't even have to explain.
Speaker 1: Man, I get killed every time I say that ship anytime. Anytime I champion you, I get killed.
Speaker 2: I mean that's how it goes. Sometimes I want you to root for the champion.
Speaker 1: Alright. Just know I'm getting lashes out here.
Speaker 3: Say that's how that's who was. And I first started working, nobody understood, Like I'm like.
Speaker 2: You're up, You're not happy.
Speaker 4: You're gonna you're gonna tell stories about the wounds, like, well this one was when you asked you about them.
Speaker 1: The hardest lesson I learned about fame is I got.
Speaker 2: Fan kills tatting on me when I was young, like even before I got in the game.
Speaker 3: It's a drug, it's a disease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let it be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not for me. But you said, like what I learned about it.
Speaker 4: Famous what you make it? Yeah, that's what I think, Like you could famous what you make it? Like, I pray to be famous, and I prayed to like Glord, I pray. I can't go in the stores you know what I'm saying, Like you did. Yeah, I prayed for that, like I want to be huge, you like, you know what I'm saying. So it's like just famous what you make it. But you can't pray for that stuff and didn't let it take over who you are.
Speaker 2: That's mm hmm famous cool.
Speaker 3: Like people for who they is, rather you're famous or not.
Speaker 4: That's just me me too though, But I think fame is a part of like like if I'm cool, like days were cool in real life, but then she's also famous, but her fame part is also cool too.
Speaker 3: I respect it, like you know, it's like everybody's famous nowadays, so it's like that's that's the that's the thing that like everybody, And that's what I always envision for the world too, like coming from from like everybody. I want everybody to shine and be not famous, but just have money, like you know, or just be of wealth and just you know, fame is one thing because you can be famous and broken and lost and all of these things. So it's people who going through so many things and they're famous and they wish not to be famous because sometimes you don't want to be seen where you're not your best or you're not on.
Speaker 1: Top of the world. So it's a gift in the curse.
Speaker 2: That's an answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been working on my other you know, I ain't getting no interviews in years. I know. I'm so happy you're back outside. I mean, you've been outside, but now you're really outside, and we hope you stay outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going on the road.
Speaker 1: I mean even without you, sir, I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know for sure, she's not gonna have a choice. It's gonna be so, it's gonna be so.
Speaker 3: Also dropped an album in October. I gotta make sure y'all check that out too. I mean new music coming to you know. But we're still pushing singles off of that joint too. But shout out the cash down. We did a Ladies Leave Your Man at Home. Got the video coming soon. I'm screaming for that. But yeah, man, Ladies leave your Man at Home. It's given dayless.
Speaker 1: Lead Ladies at Home too. All of that. She was saying stuff for fucking friend Zone too.
Speaker 2: With this, clearly I can dig it.
Speaker 1: Blank is one movie I can watch with the sound off.
Speaker 3: Uh, quickling, Really, I know already, you know I know it. I feel like I can watch any movie, any movie.
Speaker 2: But I used to watch the TV on mute, but I can. I can watch pretty much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything, but like your favorite, Like, because you already know what the Wood.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite movie.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. And you're just still quickling. Yeah, are you here for this Luther Resurgence?
Speaker 2: I gotta go watch the Luther documentary. I gotta watch.
Speaker 1: Outside of making music, blank is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Hobby outside of making music right now spending time with my son.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love when he's like, I think that would be my favorite hobby.
Speaker 3: He's like, look, yeah, mine is just probably like I don't know writing music.
Speaker 1: I don't know music outside of that. My favorite album of all time is.
Speaker 2: My favorite album of all time. My favorite album I don't have one, Probably uh, my mood album. It's probably my favorite album in a lot of time. My mood projects.
Speaker 1: Wow, you feel like you haven't talked it yet.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's my favorite, you know what I'm saying. It's like, it's my favorite.
Speaker 4: I mean all my projects are like Phase, but that's like one of my personal favorites because of the time in the moment and just everything.
Speaker 2: I just can remember that whole time. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, mood was a great era. What I had to pull up the track list? Yeah, set it off.
Speaker 2: Hot Girl, that was one of them.
Speaker 1: How Girl was my ship? What's else is on here?
Speaker 2: You got what bounce on them?
Speaker 1: Come through? Bounce was crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, b ed that ship was like thriller. You fear me like you gotta keep it a honted this.
Speaker 1: This wasn't a nasty EP. I can't front.
Speaker 2: It was a mixtape, right, that was a shape free. I took BD off of there and put it on my debut forty two Cities.
Speaker 1: Most of the free should be the hardest it really do.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that because we was trying to make it. Damn.
Speaker 1: I actually really fun. Would know you too?
Speaker 2: Oh man? I freestyled that song.
Speaker 3: That's why a lot of people get on and neighbor like sounds change.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, what what is the difference you think?
Speaker 2: I mean? I still feel like I got that flavored. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's like the difference now is like you know, when you make certain broad statements like me, people find the reason to uture as I make great music you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like it's.
Speaker 4: Deeper than the music with me. You know what I'm saying. People want to break my confidence. You know what I'm saying. I bet if I walked around my head down there fit, they'll try to pick me up, you know what I'm saying. But it's like they're not gonna catch me with my head down. So it's deeper than music with me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I make great music. I got that vibe. You know what I'm saying. That was just when everybody loved me, you know, saying.
Speaker 3: It was just errors in times too. You know people's relating to the music, you know, Yeah, connecting in that time.
Speaker 4: I think they love me again right now. Tho, I ain't goa caap. I'm feeling real love good. Yeah, I think I'm back.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think.
Speaker 1: I can't stand this. I'm yo, not gonna lie on the thriller tip. This T shirt and panties was crazy. I'm like replaying that moment in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's what I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come through was good to come through? Yes? What and then that was followed by since you planned.
Speaker 2: Move was followed by fucking friend Zone.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it fucking friend zone?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Since you played, it.
Speaker 2: Was since you playing damn fucking friend zone, it was since you planning for fucking frien Zone?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: No, since you planned? Was after that?
Speaker 2: She plan after? Okay, yeah it was. It was. I think I was twenty two.
Speaker 1: No where you get that title from?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I always wanted Yeah it was. It was real because it was real.
Speaker 3: It was just like like.
Speaker 4: It was like, since you playing, because you feel me, I think we were supposed to do fucking friend zone or something was going on. Days was really like, oh my god, Daves used to be playing shows.
Speaker 2: Everything like that made.
Speaker 1: Me go there, I don't go since you play.
Speaker 4: But it was like, I'm I'm gonna call this ship. Since you playing, you feel me like I'm gonna just boss all the way up.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking. Listen to the intro.
Speaker 1: And the days felt the pressure. I was like, you know what, I I.
Speaker 4: Want to say that was after fucking frien Zone. But if it was, I know she was the drive force for sure.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Actually, it was like, since you're planning.
Speaker 1: How does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: She already knew it.
Speaker 3: No, but I just thought about it again, like, damn, you never know. You know, you asked a question years later.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 3: You had a lot going on back then, so I didn't know. But that title just funny.
Speaker 4: So it's like everybody loved that tighter though it is. I remember I remember thug hat tweet or something. He was like, man, I always say she playing with mine?
Speaker 2: You feel me. I'll never forget that.
Speaker 4: Like it was just a big thing, like say, she's playing what is what Nikka talking about? It was only twenty two, you know what I'm saying is big. Like I look back on that now and be like, boy, you is twenty one twenty two?
Speaker 2: Just talking big?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Make your hand on the bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like no, I have about that, Roly and thought I was a shit you hear like, oh my goodness, I got a big face, Roly.
Speaker 2: I'm just shit. Man. I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm actually excited for yall tour for real, just because even in this conversation it's just reminiscent on the music and just it really brings you back. Yeah, but it's like it's like love and it's exciting, and it's not even like love as in like deep, but just like the thrill.
Speaker 5: Of like it's just that time and it's not just like for us, So it's for the people who do feel these feelings of love and the lyrics, you know, yeah, coming through the back doors.
Speaker 2: The other one, that's another one, lesson boy, he's.
Speaker 3: Calling your favorite one like everybody can relate.
Speaker 2: So everything, it's for the people.
Speaker 4: I think this one, well, we never had a chance for all the other stuff to go platinum, but I expect for this to go like platinum fast, you know.
Speaker 2: I expect for it.
Speaker 4: To just be I expect this to be a moment in time that's unforgettable, you know what I'm saying for us, for the fast, for everybody.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's gonna be like unforgettable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I feel like we know how to we know how music should sound like. We come from an area it was nineties babies, so more old than him, but we know what they want to hear. I think we still embody that he does, even even with the R and B. You know, I do all card music too, but I think for the R and B, yeah, that's the feel of.
Speaker 2: The classic modern R and D sound like yeah right.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, like the songs you'll find on the Countdown one, O, six and part, which is why we did the favorite one video What's about a while in it get that little feel but just that vibe, that nostalgic like, you know.
Speaker 1: But I can't wait for the tour. We got more videos dropping, yes, back Door Wait wait, y'all did the Stress at the same time. What is going on? Are y'all working on things outside of music?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: I mean like we we've just been thinking, like you know, it's been stuff like like we come up with so many ideas when we you know, creating that sometimes when they actually when we actually see it come to life.
Speaker 2: It'd be like, oh shit, how long you saw that? That s could actually be.
Speaker 1: Running the key things sacred and just you know cook Yeah, okay, okay, I don't cook. All right. Hey, I'm gonna let y'all cook. I'm super excited. I'm a fan of both of you. And yeah, I'm glad you guys are doing this for real.
Speaker 2: You already know it's gonna be up. It's gonna be fun too.
Speaker 1: Definitely, And what does the tour gonna look like? Actually I've seen I've actually seen both of y'all live, but together, I'm like.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make it dope, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We actually haven't started rehearsing or nothing like that, but you know we're planning to make it dope, something for the fans to see, something memorable.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: I know you be dancing. Is it given?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Dancing together? Is it given?
Speaker 3: Like like we'm not dancing, No, not dance, but I'm gonna hear some moves, but I'm gonna let him take.
Speaker 1: I love how he just goes all out with the performance. Like I don't do as much as she does.
Speaker 2: But she gonna do something.
Speaker 3: Trust, We're gonna I gotta show.
Speaker 1: I gotta make it look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it's gonna be turned.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be good like trust, It's gonna be like lit like we performed together before, like when I was on that move too.
Speaker 2: I remember I brought the age out and we had a.
Speaker 4: Couple of shows together before, but nothing never like this consistent, you know, and this where it's just like, oh, it's it's us together. You know it's gonna be like, it's gonna be dope like if I was, if I was a fan, I would definitely be coming.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I would be like somewhere with a good ass seat to you know, even if I gotta stand up, I'll fuck around. I'll fuck around be front row because I don't want to see us up close, you know what I'm saying. But then I'll suck around and go to another show where I sit up talk.
Speaker 1: You people show all this show.
Speaker 2: I would come to a couple of shows for a couple of different experiences.
Speaker 4: Like if I was a fan, I would definitely come to the Airline show because I'm from Atlanta. I would come to the Detroit show because she's from Detroit. You know, I would come to New York. You know, I would come to the LA show.
Speaker 2: You feel.
Speaker 4: If I was a fan, I would come to I would actually probably fun around, come to every show, especially if I had that cake on me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Would just cooling you fear me, I just fucking around. You be traveling following the bus on some shiit a real fan of like I waited my whole life for this, Like some people wait, this is middle school and ship for this like high school. Now they grown as hell with kids like you feel me like some people like just like man, I'm following you know.
Speaker 1: Some people got jobs.
Speaker 4: Right, That's what I'm saying. I would be like, fuck my job, everything, like I'm coming to this. I would risk it all of this ship. It's like a once in a lifetime thing.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna be dealing with this the entire time. We're gonna see you hopefully, like good luck.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun. I make shit fun day, just fun. We're fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun. The fans are gonna have an amazing time. We have a meeting greets, you know what I'm saying. We're gonna get a chance to meet the fans. I know a lot of people want to meet us, you know what I'm saying. And it's just gonna be fun. Like we never toured together. It's only fun, Like I plan on having a great time. I plan on if they're memorable and we just hit them stages and just going crazy.
Speaker 1: Long awaited you know fans.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm excited to perform these songs.
Speaker 4: Some of these songs were I never I never sung ever since I recorded, you know, so I'm excited to just sing them.
Speaker 1: And y'all gonna perform the first tape too, you think possibly? Okay, I'm excited, I am. Thank you guys for coming on the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. It was it's always thanks for.
Speaker 1: Having this show. Of course, until next time, guys, talk soon.
Speaker 2: Fuck your friend zone too,