Speaker 1: What's up, everybody? Stephen A Smith here.
Speaker 2: Recently we made news because the great Bill O'Reilly announced a tour that's coming nearest to you in the very very near future. Get your tickets now for this. It's called Three Americans Live, March thirtieth at Live Nation's Flag Star at the Westbury Music Fair on Long Island. Don't miss the very first show as myself, Chris Crolomo, and yes, that man Bill O'Reilly take our different ideas, our different backgrounds, our different beliefs across the country to demonstrate that respectful, meaningful and even fun conversation. Those are the things that make America as great as it should be. The show will be spirited, unscripted, and all three of us will let it fly as we discussed the topics everyone is thinking about these days. There'll also be questions from the audience We're not running. Tickets are officially on sale now with pre sale code USA at three Americanslive dot com. VIP packages are available with the opportunity to meet and take photos with myself and both those fellas. That's Three Americans Live, March thirtieth at the Westbury Music Fair on Long Island. Additional dates in cities to be announced. Don't miss it. Trust me, you'll get a kick out of it. Whoa, there was a big time basketball this weekend. It's a big time basketball this weekend. I'm getting excited, you know why, because I'm sensing I might not end up in some boring ass city for the NBA Finals, not.
Speaker 1: For what I saw this weekend. Not for what I saw. That's one of the things I got to get into.
Speaker 2: Plus I'm gonna get into a little politics because i got the House minority leader in the House coming on a shout. Obviously, the Eagles are another matter. They didn't even want to go to the White House. But that ain't nearly as crazy as the stuff that I got to tell you about whys cheating on their husbands and what the potential fallout can be.
Speaker 1: Wait until you see what I'm talking about. This The Stephen A. Smith Show in the House where Anything's possible.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody? Welcome to the latest edition of The Stephen A. Smith Show, coming at you over the digital areas of YouTube and of course, iHeart radio as I love to do it the very least.
Speaker 1: Three times a week. Thanks again to all my subscribers. And followers.
Speaker 2: We've now eclipsed about one point one million. Can't thank y'all for the love and support enough. Keep it coming, because you know I'm gonna keep on coming, and of course the millions of downloads we received over the last few months courtesy of iHeartRadio. Gotta show love to my partners. That's what it's all about. To continue to like and follow the stephen A.
Speaker 3: Smith Show, just.
Speaker 2: Click the bell for all of our newest content, and you too shall consider yourself the latest member of the stephen A. Smith's your family. And while you're doing that, please make sure to pick up a copy of my New York Times best selling book, Straight Shooter, a Memoir of second Chances and First Takes, now in paperback. Just go to Straight Shooter book dot com get yourself a copy. Once again, that straight Shoot the Book dot com to get yourself a copy. I got a lot of stuff to get into the day, as I alluded to in the cold Open, So let's get right to it. We're gonna get started with the National Basketball Association, or.
Speaker 1: As they say, the Association, where.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about a few teams that made moves before the trading deadline.
Speaker 1: And their chances of making a deep run in the playoffs. We'll start with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Who snapped a nine game losing streak to the Denver Nuggets on Saturday, beating them one twenty three to one hundred.
Speaker 1: Luka Doncic dropped thirty two points.
Speaker 2: On the Nugget's home floor, putting up his best game by far as a Laker. And on top of that, Los Angeles never trailed, winning in Denver for the first time since April of twenty twenty two. In case you forgot, the Lakers have lost thirteen to their previous fourteen games against the Nuggets. So let's not forget that. There's two things that I'm noticing. Number One, Lebron James. Listen, Michael Jordan is my.
Speaker 1: Goal, but I will openly confess with.
Speaker 2: The kind of stuff that you're seeing from Lebron James at age forty, his twenty second season in the National Basketball Association, the brother's just phenomenal. Okay, you got to give it up where it's due, and considering how he looks his physical prowess, the speed, the athleticism, the agility and everything that comes with it, there's no denying his greatness and what he brings to the table. And that's the reason why I can say what I'm about to say, and that is that the Lakers are not a team to ignore.
Speaker 1: In this championship equation.
Speaker 2: Because now that they got Luka Dunic, we assumed that they were gonna be potent offensively. We assumed that ultimately Luca would get loose. We assumed that with those things going on, that the Lakers would win more than they lost because of what they're doing offensively. Here's what we didn't assume. We didn't assume that they would elevate defensively. We thought they were undersized with their front line. And you see, whether it's hatchamor whether it's at Austin Reeves, whether it's Dorian Finney Smith or anybody else. They've got size on the wing. So they got enough big bodies the front opposing big bodies, okay, or to at least create some kind of impediment along with the speed and athleticism and agility to get out to defend against perimeter and three point shooters as quickly as possible. It's made to one of the top defenses in the game over the last ten games and that's the team that showed up against Denver on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: If that team.
Speaker 2: Shows up for the rest of this regular season into the playoffs, the Lakers are gonna be a top four seed in the West. They're gonna have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have a shot to advance to the conference finals. There.
Speaker 2: I say, ladies, gentm we gotta pay attention to Los Angeles Lakers because with the ball being in Lucas hands as it was Saturday night in Denver, Lebron James was freeing the room, freeing the cut, free to cut, free to roam, free to do a lot of different things that his athleticism and his superior talents would allow.
Speaker 1: He can be off the ball and do major, major damage. And Luca is better with the ball in hands because we know.
Speaker 2: He ain't cut into the basket. We know he's not gonna have a lot of moving without the basketball. So if they found that formula, and that's something that Lebron James is willing to embrace like he did Saturday night, ladies and gentlemen, the Lakers are officially a problem. A problem which brings me to the other team that I didn't think was gonna be a problem at all. And you know who that is. That's the Golden State Warriors. What the hell am I talking about? You'll find out after this word from our sponsors.
Speaker 1: Okay, folks, that needs you all to stop what you're doing and listen up.
Speaker 2: You know I love this time of year, right The NBA season is in full swing now with all this action going on, The Stephen Nate Smith Show wants to make sure you take advantage.
Speaker 1: Of it all.
Speaker 2: That's why we've partnered NU with the prize Pect the best place to win cash while watching sports.
Speaker 1: The app is easy to use. Just pick more or less on a few player stats and you could win up to a thousand times your cash on a single lineup.
Speaker 2: First Best of All Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar lineup. We're gonna lose. You'll get fifty bucks for playing. Use promo code that say yes and download the app now again. Download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar lineup. Prospects, YO, run your game today, I'll give you my pixel tonight's matchup between the Charlotte Hornets and.
Speaker 1: The Sacramento Kings. So let's get right to it. First up, well, the Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Hornets, LaMelo Ball score more or less than twenty four and a half points. The brothers got the ball in his hands. He's a point guard that's looking to shoot. He's got free reign. Charlotte Hornets ain't winning much. He's the only entertainment they got. Even though Bridges can ball and all of this other stuff, I'm gonna go with more on this because we're talking about LaMelo ball.
Speaker 1: Next up with the Charlotte Hornets, Miles.
Speaker 2: Bridges score more or less than twenty three and a half points.
Speaker 1: This brother can play. He's not a scrub.
Speaker 2: Okay, you kind of wonder when they're gonna get things going in the right direction. I mean, they lose three times more than they win. We get that part. But they got brothers that can put the ball in the hole, specifically two of them. This is the other brother, Miles Bridges right there. I'm gonna go with more on this one as well. Next up, well, the Sacramento Kings. DeMar DeRozan scored more or less than twenty one and a half points. He's missed the mid range himself. We keep forgetting that this brother is an all Star caliber player. He's a professional scorer, not a big time three point shooter. But he gets to the hole, gets to the free throw line, and put the ball on the court, can create his own shot. He could play with his back to the basket, play face in the basket. He can score twenty one and a half points against anybody, especially to Charlotte Hordens.
Speaker 1: We're going with more on this one as well.
Speaker 2: Finally, well, Sacramento Kings, the Montes Sabonis score more or less than eighteen and a half. I'm gonna go with more as well, primarily because he's playing against the Hornets. It's really that simple. There's no intrigue here. It's the Kings versus the Hornets. By the way, there's urgent. See the Kings are trying to make the postseason. We'll see what they do. They gotta win games like this, Okay, they can't be like the Lakers the other day losing to the Hornets, even though they came back and beat the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: But that's a different story for another day.
Speaker 2: That's what you got when you're talking about prospects. You see it, LaMelo Ball, Damar Deroz and Miles Bridges, Demanta Sabonis.
Speaker 1: More and more and more and more.
Speaker 2: We like that on prospects because we were talking about more. We need more money in your pocket.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Now, let's get to the Golden State Warriors, who acquired Jimmy Butler before the trading deadline. The Warriors beat the Dallas Mavericks last night one six to one oh two and are now five and one since trading for Jimmy Butler. By the way, Butler made his home debut in that game, scoring eighteen points. He continues to make a difference for the Warriors with his ability to get to the free throw line. Butler was eight for eight from the line and has attempted fifty five foul shots.
Speaker 1: Through his first six games with the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 2: See that's the key element right there, Because listen, y'all think about this. Steph Curry is the greatest shoot of God ever created. He can dance on you and create his own shout off to dribble and launch from thirty forty feet with ease. This is who we're talking about, the great Steph Curry. Having said all of that, is very very important to point this out. One of the greatest attributes he has is his conditioning. You've had people that have had to go to the hospital after games just to get some oxygen because of having to defend against his brother, because he got them running around all day every day. Here's the difference. He is approaching thirty seven years of age. He's not the youngest spring chicken anymore. And so when you take that into consideration, you have to understand that you need to give him a break any chance you get. Well, guess what Sometimes that means going out and getting another body and getting the other body that could sell for him so you can bring him on a bench and give him some rest. Well, guess what the Golden State Warriors did they want up that because by getting somebody like Jimmy Butler and making him the second most used offensive player, his usage rate is at twenty three percent. Compare the Curry's usage rate, which is at twenty nine percent. Because it's like that, Jimmy Butler's in the situation where he's getting his looks as the secondary offensive option, but he gets to the free throw line and so you talk about sixty to ninety seconds, it may take you to finish your free throws if you're Jimmy Butler, and when that happens, that's exactly the kind of break that Steph Curry needs to stay in a game without coming out of the game, which means that the Warriors are able to utilize him even more so as a threat. That's what Jimmy Butler does for them.
Speaker 1: That's one of the reasons they're five and one. That's one of the reasons you have to.
Speaker 2: Look at them. With the other teams in the Western Conference. Maybe not okay, see, maybe not.
Speaker 1: Demver because of your kitchen, but you got La, Yeah you got the Clippers. Yeah you got Dallas.
Speaker 2: When Dallas comes back with Anthony Davis healthy and Daniel Gafford healthy, look out for Dallas.
Speaker 1: Let's not forget them.
Speaker 2: But if you're Memphis, if Houston, if you're Phoenix, Sacramento, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Can you get interesting, You can get interesting.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be real interesting to see what Golden State is gonna do, especially since Draymond Green said.
Speaker 1: We are going to win the NBA Championship.
Speaker 2: Everybody's gonna hold him to that. At the very least. All he has to do is make it interesting.
Speaker 1: Make sure they don't get bounced out in the play in or the first round. Golden State worth the look. Somebody I thought was worth a look.
Speaker 2: May not necessarily be so it might not even get as far as they got last year.
Speaker 1: Take a guess who the hell I'm talking about. I'll tell you who that is.
Speaker 2: After another work from our sponsors.
Speaker 1: A light.
Speaker 2: Everybody, listen up with all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day, The Stephen A. Smith Show wants to make sure you are taking advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with the Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use. To make a lineup, all you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players Luka, Doncic, Jimmy Butler, and Zach Lavine all in the same entry, then sit.
Speaker 1: Back and watch. The list is absolutely endless.
Speaker 2: You can play Prospects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars.
Speaker 1: Lineup, winna lose, You'll get fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: Just use promo code say yes and download Prospects right now again, download the app and use code essays to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup Prizpects.
Speaker 1: Run your game. Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I got to talk about my New York Knicks, who lost yesterday to the Boston Celtics. Final scores one eighteen to one oh five. Look y'all, this team doesn't have a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. Yes, the New York Knicks are the third best team in the Eastern Conference and they don't have a chance of.
Speaker 1: What should I say?
Speaker 2: They're not gonna be bought to the Cleveland Okay, I'm gonna admit it.
Speaker 1: They're just not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Cleveland kicked there. It's Friday night. It's pretty damn bad. I mean, they busted a living as Us just romped them, and that was without I mean, I'm just looking at the miss Donovan Mitchell just doing what he wants to do.
Speaker 1: And they picked up DeAndre Hunting.
Speaker 2: They still got Mobley, and Mobley and Allen are so formidable defensively, and then you could take Hunty and put them out on the wing.
Speaker 1: They still got Max Strews.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have Darius Garland, who is out over the weekend. I'm just saying, here's the interesting thing to say about the New York Knicks. The New York Knicks from a talent respective is better than him.
Speaker 1: What they were last year.
Speaker 2: They don't have the same grit, they don't have the same dog in them.
Speaker 1: They don't have that. Carl Anthony town is the best shooter shooting big man in basketball, without question.
Speaker 2: I hate seeing the brother put the ball on the floor because his knees are high and every time he jumps he comes down and it's awkward and then all of a sudden you see those knees hurting. I just don't trust it.
Speaker 1: He needs to be in the.
Speaker 2: Post with his back to the basket or away from the basket.
Speaker 1: Catching and shooting. He does not need to.
Speaker 2: Be putting the ball on the floor because he's six eleven. He's putting the ball on the floor, all of those legs being exposed, and he's gonna get They're gonna low bridge and they gonna.
Speaker 1: Cut up under him.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get hurt and we don't need that problem somebody. I don't know if he wants me to tell y'all list he's a superstar. He's very famous person in America, in Hollywood, and I won't tell you who he is, but I want to say he hurt my feelings. And when I tell you what he said, he knows who he is when I repeat it, because he knows what the hell he said to me this morning. It really hurt my feelings. It really made me want to question our friendship, considering the fact that he knows how much of a diehard Knicks fan I am, and he would say something like this to me because it really hurt me.
Speaker 1: It hurt my heart. You know what he.
Speaker 2: Said when a New York Knicks traded Julius Randall and Dante Divencenzo, even though they ain't doing so great with that trade either, my friend said to me, the New York Knicks traded two dogs for a cat. That shit hurt. Because Karl Anthony Towns is a bad brother. He can play, and I'm happy to have him as a New York Knick, But when I see the person that transplant the grit that was there last year that there was no longer there. See the New York Knicks last year, don't get blown out like they did this weekend.
Speaker 1: Dun Brothers were scrappy, Knicks are talented, and you know how you know that's true.
Speaker 2: When did we ever think we would see a Tom Thibodeaux team have one of the worst defenses in basketball and the absolute worst against the three point shot? When did we ever believe we would see that. I'm just asking a legitimate question. There's no way around it. We have to pay attention to that. Okay, we just do. Coming up, He's a native New Yorker, a Knicks fan, and he happens to be the House Minority Leader of the United States of America. So what is the democratic agenda going forward as Donald Trump tries to shrink the size of the federal government.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to the one and only a King, Jeffries. He's here next with yours truth that what mourning me.
Speaker 2: This message is brought to you by color Guard, a non invasive colon cancer screening test. So I want to talk about colon cancer screening for a second here. I know you might hear that and instantly feel a bunch of dread. You're thinking stuff like drinking all of that prep liquid, having an invasive procedure, missing work. No thanks, but hold on a second, because there's another option that allows you to skip all that drama. The color Guard Test. It's a one of a cond way to feel more in control of your colon cancer screening through a prescription based test with none of the prep that's required of a colonoscopy.
Speaker 1: The color Guard.
Speaker 2: Test is the only FDA approved non invasive option that looks for both altered DNA and blood in your stool, which can indicate the presence of abnormal cells. This test office convenience and ease of use, and it's delivered right to your door.
Speaker 1: It's also affordable.
Speaker 2: Most insured patients pay zero dollars at this point. Come on, don't let your health take a backseat. You're out of excuses. So if you're forty five or older and at average risk, ask your healthcare provider about screening for colon cancer with the color Guard Test.
Speaker 1: You can also request the color Guard prescription.
Speaker 2: Today at coliguard dot com, slash podcast.
Speaker 1: The color Guard test.
Speaker 2: Is intended to screen adults forty five and older at average risk for colorectal cancer. Do not use a color Guard test if you have had autonomas, have inflammatory bowel disease, and certain hereditary syndromes, or personal or family history of colorectal cancer. The color Guard test is not a replacement for colonoscopies and high risk patients. Color Goard test performance in adults ages forty five to forty nine is estimated based on a large clinical study of patients fifty and older. False positives and false negatives can occur. Col of Guard is available by prescription only.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Stephen A. Smith Show.
Speaker 2: My guest represents the eighth Congressional District in the Great State of New York and is serving his seventh term in the United States Congress. I'm honored he's taking time out of his very busy schedule to come on this show. Please welcome Democratic House Minority Leader, the one and only Hakim Jefferies. Good afternoon, sir, How are you. How's everything?
Speaker 3: Good afternoon? Great to be with you.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm in a bad mood. I'll tell you why. We'll get to it later. My next I have to watch them this week and a very upset about that the Yankees, they're having press conferences over facial here.
Speaker 1: I'm very upset about that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot about New York sports that's getting on my nerves right now. We'll get to all of that stuff later, because I know that's something that you want to talk about as well, and I'm looking forward to talk to you about it. But the first question for me, obviously was so much going on in the nation's capital right now. How do you feel about where things are specifically overall and just as important with the Democratic Party at this moment in time, Well.
Speaker 4: This is a moment for the country. What we've seen over the last several weeks is a flood of extremism unleashed on the country coming out of the White House and from the Trump administration. In many ways, the Parade of Horribles is really designed to try to orient and discourage and depress people. And we're going to have to show a level of resilience to get the country through this very tough moment. That's exactly what we as House Democrats, partnering with Senate Democrats, partnering with governors and attorney generals all across the country need to do.
Speaker 3: The American people want.
Speaker 4: Us to solve problems on their behalf, particularly the core challenge of unaffordability in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: The cost of living is too high.
Speaker 4: The American people clearly in November indicated that they want us to do something about it. We're prepared as House Democrats to address that issue to lower housing costs, lower childcare costs, lower grocery costs, lower insurance cast and lower utility costs. Unfortunately, President Trump has been more of a chaos agent over the last few weeks and not shown any interest whatsoever in dealing with the unaffordability that many everyday Americans are confronting all across the country.
Speaker 2: When when you call them a chaos agent, be specific about what you think he is doing that's creating chaos. I want to know from one of the leading voices in the Democratic Party, when you utter the word chaos, be specific about exactly what you believe he's doing to cause chaos.
Speaker 4: Well, we've seen more than forty or so different executive orders that have been issued as it relates to things that are clearly either unlawful or unconstitutional, designed to be disruptive. You have hard working federal employees who are being targeted in ways that it's creating a lot of trauma for them, their children, and for their families. We've seen statements made by President Trump related to President Zelenski, who's not a dictator, he's actually a champion for democracy, for freedom, and for truth. And instead you see the Trump administration playing foot set with Vladimir Putin and Russia, their sworn enemies of the United States of America. That is actually not helpful to our national security.
Speaker 3: It's chaotic.
Speaker 4: And what we've seen in connection with all of these unlawful and unconstitutional executive orders is lawsuit after lawsuit filed, actually more than seventy five at this tickler point in time against these unlawful and on constitutional executive orders, and the courts are siding with America and the Constitution over and over and over again, not the Trump administration. So instead of advancing legislation designed to actually solve problems, I think it's fair to say what we've seen is chaos being unleashed on the American people.
Speaker 2: What about those out there who would say the Democrats have contributed to the chaos because you had President Joe Biden in office over the previous four years with Kamala Harris, the Democratic nominee as his VP. Obviously, there are things that were going on over the last four years. When we talk about inflation, when we talk about the borders and how open borders obviously was something that was problematic for this nation. So many of those things contributed to the demise or dare I say the chaos that you're alluding to? Now people would look in the face of the Democratic Party and say, what about you guys, You guys had everything to do with this.
Speaker 1: How do you answer that?
Speaker 4: Well, certainly, I think Joe Biden and his administration was anything but chaotic. It dealt with a lot of different challenges that he had to confront upon taking office. In fact, if you look back on it, in January of twenty twenty one, President Biden inherited both a public health crisis around COVID nineteen, an economic crisis connected to the shutdown of the economy, a democracy crisis related to the violent attack on the capitol that had occurred on January sixth, and then shortly thereafter, an international crisis related to Russia's unprecedented brutal attack on the people of Ukraine. So he was trying to manage a lot, doing the best job that he could over that particular period of time. Now there's certainly it is certainly the case that there are issues that the American people are asking us to decisively tackle that we need to figure out a way to do common ground where possible around driving down the high cost of living, and as you mentioned, stephen A, as it relates to the border, Look, we have to secure the border period full stop. We have a broken immigration system and it needs to be fixed, and we should do it in a bipartisan, in a comprehensive way, So there's some permanence to the resolution. But at the same period of time, we have to protect dreamers, protect farm workers, and protect families, people who are contributing to the American way of life in community after community after community. And lastly, i'd say that we can all agree that we have to keep our communities safe and certainly some of the actions that we've seen.
Speaker 3: You referenced my concern with the chaos.
Speaker 4: It's chaotic to pardon more than fifteen hundred violent criminals, many of whom attacked police officers on January sixth, and brually beat them and then unleash those folks into the community to go back home and at least threaten some with harm.
Speaker 3: That's problematic.
Speaker 4: That doesn't make America safer, it actually undermines public.
Speaker 2: Say so many Republicans, and I'm sure you've seen me on a political circuit talking a little bit. Let me say state right here with you on the record, I am no politician. I have no desire to be a politician. I'm not on a level of a King Jeffreys.
Speaker 1: I'm not on a.
Speaker 2: Level of Joshapiro, who I've interviewed. I'm not on the level of a Westmore. It'll be a snowballs chance in hell that I ever get to that point. For crying out loud, I've actually called the pathetic that I'm a candidate in people's eyes for some president for the presidency because I'm not qualified. But I feel the frustration of the American people when they're talking about the state of affairs that exist in this country and the role both parties have played in it. So I would ask you right now, speaking specifically about the Democratic Party, how do you feel about where the Democratic Party is right now in the eyes of the American people? Particularly when the latest polls, I think it's Quinnipiac polls showed that congressional favor in terms of representatives in Congress from the Democratic Party, it's like a twenty percent if I remember correct, The Republicans are at forty for CEP for Crime out Loud, You guys are twenty percent.
Speaker 1: How concerned are you about the Democratic Party?
Speaker 2: How are you feeling about where the Democratic Party is right now in the eyes of the American people.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, when it comes to the presidential aspirations that are being ascribed to you, certainly you're doing a height in the polls, and that's a testament, uh to how you keep it real and connect with the American people. That said, in terms of where the congressional Democrats are at, listen polls all over the place. You're correcting what you just mentioned as it relates to one particular poll. There was a Washington Post pole that just came out earlier today and it asked the American people, who would you prefer is in charge in the next Congress, House Democrats to serve as a check in balance on Donald Trump or House Republicans who you know are going to continue you to just go along to get along, and by thirteen points the American people said, How'smocrats.
Speaker 3: I think it was fifty four to forty one.
Speaker 4: We clearly have work to do, but I also think that the American people are increasingly starting to recognize that in this country that we have you need common sense public servants who are willing to try to solve problems to make life better for hardworking American families. And that's our commitment, and we're going to have to do a better job of convincing the American people that that is what drives us to make life better for every American and every single community in every corner of the country.
Speaker 2: Well, what's the impediment to the Democratic Party doing a better job?
Speaker 1: Let's speak specifically about that.
Speaker 2: Because you're the House Minority leader, you're one of the top two Democrats in the country, and I'm looking at the party and I'm seeing these protests for DEI and other things, and I got to tell you something right now, I didn't have an.
Speaker 1: Issue with the protest.
Speaker 2: I had an issue with the behavior that I saw during the protest, people screaming, screaming expletives at the president at Republican officials, etc. I'm saying they sound like they're on a campaign, sir. The sounding like the same way they sounded during the campaign, and clearly the election showed that's not going to work. Why are they continuously doing it? It's not only getting in.
Speaker 1: The way of the party itself.
Speaker 2: I think it's getting in the way of somebody like you doing the best job that you could possibly.
Speaker 1: Do, having to deal with this nonsense. How do you feel about that and what do you say about it?
Speaker 4: Well, I think if we can take a step back, Okay, So it relates to what the fundamental challenge is in America for people all across the country.
Speaker 3: People, whether you're on the left.
Speaker 4: And the center or on the right, all points in between, the system is broken befar too long.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: We've seen everyday Americans unable to get ahead, and many can barely get by. This was exacerbated, of course by inflation and the high cost of living, but that's not a final on just from the last year or two. That's been the case for decades.
Speaker 3: We've seen our jobs go in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: We've seen the ability for people to provide a comfortable living for themselves and for their families be eroded. What we've seen, of course, are you know Americans who no longer believe in many instances that their children or grandchildren will be able to do better than them. When you and I were coming up, that was basically a core principle of the American dream. We had to struggle, had to work hard, but there was that sense that that opportunity would be available for all of us. And that's gone in many instances, and so as a result, you see frustration, you see concern, You've see anger from people all across the land.
Speaker 3: That's one of the reasons why Stephen A.
Speaker 4: I think that the political pendulum continues to swing.
Speaker 3: You go from George H. W.
Speaker 4: Bush to Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton and George W.
Speaker 3: Bush, George W.
Speaker 4: Bush, Barack Obama, Barack Obama to Trump, Trump to Biden, Biden back to Trump, and the likelihood is it may swing again in twenty twenty eight. Why Because there's an underlying frustration with Washington's core and ability to make life better for everyday Americans, to bring the American Dream to life.
Speaker 3: And that is real. That's something that we have to tackle.
Speaker 4: We have to convince the American teachers that we're all in on improving their lives.
Speaker 1: Representative Jeffrey Isaac.
Speaker 2: I just have to ask, how could you possibly pull that off if both sides of the hour refuse to get things done, to compromise to some degree. I've said this often, you could go on the campaign trail. That's where the real work is. I do certainly don't need to diminish what you're doing. Please don't take don't get it wrong. I'm saying literally, if I'm a Democrat, once I'm elected, what what did the other side do? I'm gonna do the opposite. I'm a Republican, what did the other side do? I'm gonna do the opposite. That's the impression that the American people have received over the last decade plus, if not considerably longer, and the way folks talk about one another, it's clearly a diminist level of interest in possibly working together. So when you say what you just said, how can anybody possibly believe that is possible to happen, that people are going to work together to get what's done in the best interest to the American people.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, I certainly get that the impression that comes out of Washington that the clear perception is that everybody's fighting all day, every day and no one's actually trying to get anything done for the American people. If you take a step back and look at President Biden's track record, certainly during his first couple of years in office, before we got into a more polarizing campaign season, he got a lot done.
Speaker 3: And many of.
Speaker 4: That that he accomplished was actually bipartisan. Right the infrastructure investment and jobs at creating millions of good pain jobs for people all across the country and blue states and red states and in purple states, that was actually bipartisan.
Speaker 3: We were able to get the.
Speaker 4: Chips and Science Act done to bring our domestic manufacturing jobs back home to the country, stand up a semiconductor industry so that America is more competitive, so that we can actually make things once again in the United States of America.
Speaker 3: That was bipartisan.
Speaker 4: We passed gun safety legislation for the first time in thirty years. That was bipartisan, And we actually stood up for our veterans who were dealing with painful exposure to toxic substances burn pits, agent orange, and that was bipartisan as well, strongly led by Democrats in each and every instance. So there's actually bipartisan work that can be done. In the first term of Donald Trump's presidency, I was both an impeachment manager and the lead Democratic sponsor of the First Step Act, the most sweeping criminal justice reform legislation that the Congress has passed in a generation, and it was supported by Democrats, Republicans, the House, the Senate, that left the right, the NAACP, and the Koch Brothers, and ultimately signed into law by Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: So is that your way of saying, since We've got so much stuff done across the aisle, donald Trump's presidency poses a different problem because you're apprehensive that folks on the right would be as willing to work with the Democrats on the other side.
Speaker 1: Because Donald Trump is back in office. Is that your way of saying that?
Speaker 4: No, No, what I'm saying is that this particular presidency does threaten to upend that.
Speaker 3: Because that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There's so much outrageous stuff, so much extremism, and a lack of willingness to actually try to solve core problems for the American people. Listen, Donald Trump's biggest strength. On the first Tuesday of November last year, was the American people thought that he would be able to deal with the economy and to actually bank life more affordable for everyday Americans. What did the polls say right now? It's his biggest weakness. His poll numbers aren't going up, they're going down. Why because the American people can see he's actually not focused on driving down the high cost of living.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, what if Trump defies these federal orders that is possible?
Speaker 1: What if he does that? What's the what recourse do you have available to you?
Speaker 4: Well, actually, so one of the things, it's a very important question. And actually we've launched a Rapid Response Task Force and Litigation working Group in part for this very reason. And so I've asked the best lawyers in the House Democratic Caucus, led by Congressman Joanan Goose who's from Colorado, great young brother, does this thing?
Speaker 3: Brilliant lawyer?
Speaker 4: And Jamie Raskin, the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, who's helping to lead this effort along with Jerry Connley and others, to actually continue to map out the litigation strategy.
Speaker 3: And that has been important.
Speaker 4: We're pushing back against all of these unlawful and unconstitutional executive orders. But to understand, this is the early part of the process.
Speaker 3: There'll be appeals.
Speaker 4: Ultimately we'll get to the Supreme Court, and then ultimately we have to figure out how do we ensure compliance with.
Speaker 3: The rule of law. That's what the American people want.
Speaker 4: To see, right But we've got to have a strategy an the A Litigation Working Group is working that out right now.
Speaker 2: I think one of the best ways to pull that office to have a voice attached to it, a very loud, loquacious, vaciferous voice that that that's just combat of as.
Speaker 1: Hell and ready to fight.
Speaker 2: Which is why I was surprised that Alexandria Ocassio Cortez AOC, as she's affectionately called, is not.
Speaker 1: Leading one of these committees.
Speaker 2: I didn't disagree with the decision because I happen to think as bright as she is, as accomplished as she is, as feisty as she is, and as conscientious as she is, sometimes I don't think that's needed. Her style is needed necessar, But based on what you described, why isn't a voice like that more prominent on these committees? As far as Democrats are concerned. How do you answer that question.
Speaker 3: Well, she has a big role to play, no doubt about it.
Speaker 4: Alex has she's smart, she's thoughtful, she's got a great capacity to connect with everyday Americans, and she'll continue to be prominently featured in a wide variety of ways. You know, she was just put on one of the most powerful committees in the Congress, the Energy and Commerce Committee, which has jurisdiction over one of the core issues that we're going to be battling about over the next few days, in the next few weeks, Medicaid.
Speaker 3: You have a situation, for instance, and Alex.
Speaker 4: Will be a big part of this committee is led by Frank Plone. On our side, you have a budget that we're going to take up tomorrow where Republicans want to authorize four point five trillion dollars worth of cuts in taxes for their billionaire and wealthy and well connected corporations and at the same period of time, stick everyday Americans with the bill by slashing and burning things like medicaid.
Speaker 3: Actually, the bill.
Speaker 4: Authorizes about eight hundred and eighty billion dollars impossible cuts to Medicaid that will be devastating for people all across the country close, rural hospitals, shut down, nursing homes, hurt children, hurt families, hurt people with disabilities. The American people don't support it. Republicans are trying to jam down down the throat to the American people, and we'll have a variety of members across the ideological spectrum, across the Democratic Caucus being able to push back.
Speaker 1: I get with that.
Speaker 2: American people might not necessarily want Medicaid Medicare compromise.
Speaker 1: In any way. I get that. Don't get me started with Social Security. I understand that part.
Speaker 2: I guess what I'm wondering about is that I know there's no way in hell that the American the people are against identifying waste and excessive spending. So when DOGE exists, you know government efficiency and we know that whole story with Elon Musk in theory, I haven't met any Americans that have a problem with that idea in theory. They might have a problem with him overseeing it, but they don't have a problem with that in theory. Where do you fall with as a Democratic party fall as it pertains to the existence of DOGE and how Elon Musk has behaved since Trump arrived in office on January twentieth.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not a serious effort. It's an erratic effort.
Speaker 4: And what you see is the targeting of hard working federal employees.
Speaker 3: Who helped make this country run.
Speaker 4: And he's not just targeting them, he's targeting their children and targeting their families. Now, with respect to waste fraud and abuse, you can find it in any organization in the country, and so we're all in generally as it relates to a thoughtful, responsible, reasonable effort to try to identify waste fraud and abuse so we can save taxpayer money and make sure that it's spent effectively, efficiently, and equitably. We're all in on that effort. That's not what this has turned into right now. In fact, when you go after, for instance, waste fraud abuse, here's the thing. The average person on Social Security receives sixty five dollars a day and benefits the average person grandma, grandpa sixty five dollars a day. Elon Musk right now has eight million dollars a day in federal contracts. But ain't nobody looking into that in terms.
Speaker 3: Of the DOGE effort.
Speaker 4: And so how are we to take this particular thing seriously and see it as an effort to actually meaningfully root out waste, fraud, and abuse.
Speaker 1: That's a fair point.
Speaker 2: Let me move on from there, because your time is valuable, and I thank you for the time that you've given me already, sir. Let me ask you this. I want to know two things from the Democratic Party. Number One, when we gonna let go of January sixth, we gonna let that go because he I mean, the man was impeached twice, convicted on thirty four felony accounts, and still reelected. I mean, at some point in time, somebody like Senator Derbin and others who was asking Pam Bondy about you know, or were you willing.
Speaker 1: To admit he lost the election? It's like enough of that.
Speaker 2: Because the American people clearly have spoke. At least seventy seven plus million of them has spoken. He won the electoral college vote, he won the popular vote, he won.
Speaker 1: The swing states, et cetera. They've said what they've had to say. When are y'all gonna let that go?
Speaker 2: And number two, how are you going to go about not coming across as being at the mercy of the progressive left and I'm asking you that question specifically because in a lot of American people's eyes, you're seeing as somebody who centered left, more of a centrist, more reasonable than some of the folks that have been the most outspoke for the Democratic Party.
Speaker 4: Well, I think in terms of January sixth, look, it's not something that the American people should ever forget because it was an extraordinary event. I was there when we were debating, as Congress does the certification of the election, and we were told that a mob has breached the Capitol.
Speaker 3: They are on the second floor.
Speaker 4: There are a few steps outside of the House chamber, and hit the ground and be prepared to secure the gas masks that are underneath your seats, because they were people who were trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power. And this is the greatest democracy in the history of the world. So we can't forget January sixth. I'm not suggesting that it's a core issue moving forward in terms of how we are making our case to the American people.
Speaker 3: But we also can't ignore.
Speaker 4: The fact that in one of his first acts, President Trump chose to pardon violent fells who brutally assaulted and beat police officers are they the party of law and order? That's actually lawlessness and disorder. We can't ignore it. I know they want us to. And actually the American people, as I travel the country all across America, are appalled that that actually could happen. Why because they know it doesn't make them safer when you are partning people and sending a signal that that kind of violence is all right. But you are correct that the core issues that we have to connect with the American people on relate to making their life better.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I think that the American people simply want to live in a country where when you work hard and play by the rules, you can live a comfortable life. You can provide a comfortable life for yourself, for your family, educate your children, purchase a home, go on vacation every now and then, have access to healthcare that's affordable, and one day retire with grace and dignity, which means protecting Social Security and Medicare.
Speaker 3: That's not too much to ask.
Speaker 4: And I think there is a lot of frustration in America because for far too many people it's struggling to live paycheck to paycheck, can't get by, can barely can barely provide or that lifestyle that's consistent with the American dream. Now in terms of you know, center, the left, the right, I think what the American people want type of leader that that I'm trying to be is a common sense leader. Solve problems, get things done, make life better for the American people, and defend the constitution, defend democracy, defend the American way of life. At the same time, which does mean aggressively pushing back against the far right extremism that's coming from the administration, in the Congress, in the courts, and in the community.
Speaker 2: What about aggressively pushing back for the far left because they lost.
Speaker 1: You the election.
Speaker 2: See, I'm thinking about winning representat Jeff, I'm thinking about winning. I'm like, okay, how do I mean? The midterm is incredibly important. We got musked that some people think is running the damn country. And I'll get back to him in a second with some of the stuff that he's doing that you've alluded to earlier, Right, But I'm also thinking about what lost you the election. I'm going to repeat seventy seven million votes. He beat Kamala Harris Ball over two and a half million votes. He won the electoral College vote, the popular vote, all of swing states. I mean, he gave a run for money in New York, they gained ground in California.
Speaker 1: Anybody worth their sort will tell.
Speaker 2: You the extreme left had a lot to do with pulling y'all back.
Speaker 1: From the momentum.
Speaker 2: One would argue you had obviously in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: What about pushing back against your own party.
Speaker 4: Well, listen, extreme left protest me more than they protest Donald Trump, because they I mean literally wherever I go. So I think in part because I've declined, I've refused. I've chosen not to bend the knee to either people on the far left, and certainly not to Donald Trump and the far right. We all have a responsibility to serve the people we were elected to represent.
Speaker 3: And the country and the constitution.
Speaker 4: And I certainly have not been bashful and will not be bashful and disagreeing with people who are trying to take this country in a direction that doesn't lift everybody up, whether that comes from the right, whether that comes from the far left.
Speaker 1: Who's the face of the Democratic Party?
Speaker 2: Does it need a face? I look at West Wall, look at Josh Shapiro, I look at you. I can ask you the same question about yourself. But it's really all I see because with the cult like following Donald Trump has I mean, if the Democrats don't do something about it, you're gonna lose in the midterms potentially, and Lord help us. If you're gonna win, you're gonna lose again in four years. What's the plan. Who's the voice, who's the face of the Democratic Party?
Speaker 3: Listen, we're gonna win in the midterms.
Speaker 1: You're gonna win.
Speaker 4: We're gonna win, and we have no choice but to be successful in the midterms. But we've got to get through the first one hundred days, then the first year, and then of course get to the midterm elections. And we've got to stop bad things from happening governmentally, like the reckless Republican budget that will be debating on the floor this week. Slash and burn medicaid, that's what they want to do. Slash and burn you know, nutritional assistance for children and families, Slash and burn veterans benefits. Do nothing to actually address the afordability crisis in America. We got to stop bad things from happening and then articulate our affirmative vision. Of course, for making life better for the American people, which is what will continue to do, particularly as we get through these first one hundred days or so in the flood of extremism that is directed at the American people. What I would say about the Democratic Party is that it's all hands on deck. That's what the moment requires, because you've got a Republican president, a Republican House, and a Republican Senate, and so it's going to take all of us. That's Democrats in the House. It's my honor to be the House Democratic leader and a critical voice in Washington and hopefully across America as it relates to what we're all about, what we're trying to do, and what we're pushing back against. Working with my colleagues in the Senate, and then of course, you know, working with democratic governors all across the country, and as you mentioned, there are many people who are doing their thing in state after state. I was just communicating with Wes Moore a little earlier today. We got democratic governors, of course in battleground states throughout the Midwest. We got democratic governors in red states like in Arizona, for instance, or a Kansas, a Kentucky we got a Democratic governor that's new in North Carolina. Our governor in New York, Kathy Hochel, is fighting hard for the people of New York. And we got a Democratic Attorney General, Tis James. Shout out to Brooklyn. She's doing her thing in defense of democracy. We got a lot of folks on the battlefield right now.
Speaker 3: Now, we do.
Speaker 4: Have to make sure we're all coordinated, right that we're huddled up, we come out of that huddle and we're executing plays seamlessly and together on behalf of the American people. And I look forward to continuing to play a leading role in helping to orchestrate that.
Speaker 2: And my last question of that would be because I'm thinking about the Republican Party and they've got a quarterback. His name is Donald Trump. In twenty fifteen, he came stroll down the escalators and the next thing you know, he's dominated the Republican Party for the last decade. They don't even want to see anybody else unless it's Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: So much so that you have representatives.
Speaker 2: All over the Capitol Hill that capitulate to his every win because they're scared their careers are going to be over if they don't. The Democrats don't seem to have anyone that has that kind of impact that can affect the party and make sure everyone falls in line. I'm trying to figure out how you're going to alleviate that concern.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I mean you pointed out correctly that Donald Trump has engineered a hostile takeover the Republican Party. These people on the other side of the AIH, they're running scared. They're not actually upholding their constitutional oath in many instances serve as a check in balance or independent voice as relates to the people that they represent. They just take orders from Donald Trump. And now Donald Trump and Eli Musk.
Speaker 3: Now on our side, listen, we're a coalition.
Speaker 4: We're a big tent party that of course has its challenges because you got a lot of voices, a lot of enthusiasms within the Democratic tank. But it also represents the gorgeous mosaic of America. And what is clear is that we of course have to make sure that we're connecting with voters of every race, of every religion, of every gender, of different sexual orientation right across the spectrum in a way that people feel comfortable that we're fighting to address their core issues, their core challenges.
Speaker 2: May I suggest the way to go about doing that, because I'm certainly not rooting against y'all, is to get folks to stop complaining about twenty twenty, stop complaining about Trump in the past, and their policies are predated with anti Trump stuff all the time. The American people, in their eyes, have already spoken and they're ready to move on. So let him try to do what he's gonna do and expose every little thing he's gonna do along the way, and perhaps you will in the midterm. That's just where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: But what do I know. First of all, thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go, I got to switch to sports while I've got the minority leader of the House here with me, a New York native right here. My next got their butts with not once but twice this week, and it hurt my feelings to watch what they happened to them against Cleveland on Friday night Boston yesterday. And even though they're the third best team in the East, I look at them as having no chance of getting to the NBA Finals.
Speaker 1: It depresses me, how about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a rough weekend in terms of the next and seeing what happened with Cleveland and Boston, although I will say that it looked like they were out of it and then they made a little run in the third quarter, right, I think they closed it to four.
Speaker 3: Showed a little heart.
Speaker 2: Seventh seventh, Yeah, closest, Yes, it was the seventh, yep.
Speaker 4: But the big challenge I thing is the lack of defensive prowess, which is strange because Tibbs is known for being a great defensive coach. And the hope, of course, as you've pointed out stephen A, is that when Robinson comes back, if he could stay on the court, that that will actually enhance the ability OG is back.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Now of course, Bridges is known as a defensive stop or three and D person. So you know, I ride with the next look the city. The city is in a better mood when the Knicks are good. And it certainly hasn't been you know, a great run over the last twenty or twenty five years, but it's been a pretty good run over the last four or five, uh, And I'm still riding with them. I look forward to the playoffs and hopefully we'll see you know, a better capacity to deal with teams like Boston and Cleveland, which are the ones that are in front of them. Another thing I will say, though, is that Saint John's is doing its thing.
Speaker 2: I was going there the Knicks, I said April, and may might not be for but March, Mike, with the way Rick Potino's got Saint John's looking at twenty four and for this year, they're doing their thing, I'm quite surprised.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that from them. But they're doing well.
Speaker 3: They're doing real well.
Speaker 4: Patino's a bad boy, uh in terms of his coaching capacity. And you know, to watch that game against Yukon, I was able to catch the second half Dari Richmond again shout out Brooklyn actually started out at Midwood High School, high school that I graduated from.
Speaker 3: He's doing this thing in Zoobie and r J.
Speaker 4: It's a fun team to watch and I'm excited for what's to come in terms of the Big East Tournament in March Madness.
Speaker 3: You know, these are.
Speaker 4: Things that everybody's got to lean into, whether it's sports or other forms of entertainment. Family, of course, church, as we navigate what are challenging times here in Washington, DC, across the country and throughout the world, and so I appreciate what you do in that regard because you know, it's an important part of just living everyday life, every week, every month, getting through the year.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be more than politics.
Speaker 1: Listen, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get into the Yankees because I'm pretty ticked off that, you know, the ownership had a press conference to discuss facial here. I mean, we ain't won a World Series since two thousand and nine, and that's what he's having a press conference, law, even though they got a pretty good team coming in this year and maybe they could get back to the World Series. I'm gonna put you on the spot before I let you get on out of here. You're usually on the spot for politics. Let me put you on the spot for basketball right now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna test your knowledge here.
Speaker 2: Top five point guards in the history of New York City. NARDI leader Hakim Jeffrees. The floor is yours. I'm testing you right now.
Speaker 1: Top five point guards in the history of New York City. Give them to me, all right.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go Mark Jackson, okay, because I'm rocking with Saint John.
Speaker 3: He went to Bushop Blacklands. Assist God, that's my brother.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, I'm gonna go Kenny to jet Smith, Kenny jet Smith.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm gonna go Rod Strickland.
Speaker 1: Oh God, keep going.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, there's there's a good list.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I might challenge you, but go ahead, go.
Speaker 4: Ahead, give me to give me to I think I gotta I gotta represent c I and Stephan Marberry.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, and right, one more, one more.
Speaker 4: And in terms of the top five, you know that fifth, that fifth. God, you know I'm tempting to throw it up.
Speaker 1: You're the minity leader. I mean the hesitation. I need more, I need I come on, because it's two names that you're missing. I can't believe you ever mentioned him yet. I'm just giving you a chance.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, yeah, tiny Archiball.
Speaker 1: Oh see you went way back. I can't I get you. I get you.
Speaker 2: I got Nate, Tiny Archiball. You gotta throw them in there. Let me throw two other names for you that you left out. All right, Kenny Anderson, did you forget about him? Same spot as Kenny Smith Archbishop with Lloyd That brother was something special. Most people will put him on the list ahead of Kenny to Jet Smith.
Speaker 4: I was listen, I was thinking about it. Okay, he's the lefty, right, Georgia Tech. That's right, he did his thing. Yeah, play for the net.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you know, Kenny Smith did win two championships. So listen, at the end.
Speaker 4: Of the day with Houston and at the end of the day NBA Championships, we're told, well.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the overall resume.
Speaker 2: I was talking about the greatness that it was Stephan believe it or not, steph On Marlbury to me probably number one, considering how phenomenal he was. The name is the greatest show in the history of college basketball.
Speaker 1: Pearl Washing, Wayne Pearl Washington. See, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. All right, So I mean now I might have to move Rod Strickland out, I know, and then DePaul and all of that. Kenny, the Jet, Rod Strickland right.
Speaker 2: There, but the Wayne Pearl, Washington, Kenny Anderson, Steph R.
Speaker 1: Marlbury, Nate Tiny Archiball. I get what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Not bad now what you said.
Speaker 4: Now, if you would have said best high school point cards, I think Pearl Washington, boom right at the top of the list. Even I give you best college point guards. He was killing it in Syracuse.
Speaker 3: That's true. Uh, you're right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get grief when I get back home to Bedford Stuyvesant that i left the Wayne Pearl Washington.
Speaker 1: And I'm leaving that in. I'm not cutting it out.
Speaker 2: I'm not cutting I'm leaving that in so everybody can see that you missed that one Menardie House Leader, the one and only are King Jeffrey's honored and privilege to have you said, thank you and feel free to come back anytime. You always got a voice on this show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up, I'll share my thoughts on the conversation you just heard. Plus, the Eagles will reportedly decline a trip to the White House and people have.
Speaker 1: An opinion on it. Trust me, they do, including me.
Speaker 2: Next right here on Steven natesemichef don't go away. What's up, everybody, Stephen A. Smith here. Recently we made news because the Great Bill O'Reilly announced a tour that's coming nearest to you in the very very near future. Get your tickets now for this. It's called Three Americans Live March thirtieth at Live Nation's Flag Star at the Westbury Music Feel on Long Island. Don't miss the very first show as myself, Chris Croomo and yes that man Bill O'Reilly take our different ideas, I different backgrounds, I different beliefs across the country to demonstrate their respect, full, meaningful and even fun conversation. Those are the things that make America as great as it should be. The show will be spirited, unscripted, and all three of us will let it fly as we discuss the topics everyone is thinking about these days. There'll also be questions from the audience We're not running. Tickets are officially on sale now with pre sale code USA at three Americans Live dot com. VIP packages are available with the opportunity to meet and take photos with myself and both those fellas. That's Three Americans Live March thirtieth at the Westbury Music Fair on Long Island. Additional dates and cities to be announced. Don't miss it. Trust me you'll get a kick out of it.
Speaker 1: Going back to Steven A. Smith show.
Speaker 2: Before we get to a few other headlines, I want to give you my thoughts on the conversation I just had with House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries. First of all, impressive man. Obviously knows what the hell he's talking about. He's been around for quite a wait while, an individual that was endorsed by Nancy Pelosi. If you're somebody on the left, you're perfectly comfortable with that. If you're somebody that's center left, Okay, you'll tolerate it.
Speaker 1: Let's see how it goes.
Speaker 2: But in the aftermath of what transpired with this election, I just think that even though I was impressed with him, and there's a lot that he had to say, it's important to point out that the Democratic Party looks a bit discombobulated. Yes, you want to get on Trump. You want to point out Elon Musk and what he's doing with those You want to point out Trump and how a radicky appears at times.
Speaker 1: You saw.
Speaker 2: Leader Jeffries bringing up everything from the economy and inflation and the course of living, to Trump's relationship with Putin, to Trump taking the position that he's taken against the Lensky, etc. You've seen and heard all of this stuff. You heard his concerns about Medicare and Medicaid along.
Speaker 1: With a bevy of other things.
Speaker 2: If you are the Democrats, stick to those issues and stick to attacking Trump on the issues as opposed to bringing up the twenty twenty election, as opposed to bringing up you know, comments about you know, being a king and all of this other stuff that you're trying to use. It falls in line with the same old stuff you're abloviating about during the campaign.
Speaker 1: It's not going to work. What you're going to have to do is.
Speaker 2: Show, is illustrate in very very conspicuous fashion, the flaws in his plans for America, how it works against your interests, and how what you're proposing will work for your interest It's not enough anymore to engage in demagogery about the other side. What are you going to do and how are you going to convince us to believe you? You first gotta find somebody that's worth believing.
Speaker 1: And I'm not denigrating Leader Jeffries in any way.
Speaker 2: But when you think about a national voice for the party, who is that person? It's non existent right now, mister Carville. I said it again, it's non existing right now.
Speaker 1: Not the talent. You might have talent, but who's gonna resonate you.
Speaker 2: Better find somebody. You better find somebody soon. Now I want to transition, and I'm talking way way way left to touch on a delicate subject that's blowing up on the internet. That's the only reason I'm talking about it. Former All Pro wide receiver Steve Smith Senior was accused of having an affair with an unnamed woman who's a member of the Marching Ravens, the Baltimore Ravens marching band, that is. The accusation came from a social media user with the handle Tony Martinez, who posted and then deleted the accusations on x The post also included screenshots of alleged text between Smith and the woman. Again, this is blowing up all over social media.
Speaker 1: The only reason we're touching it.
Speaker 2: Martinez also posted a video which showed him confronting a man believed to be Smith over the phone. The individual recording the video accused a man of having sex with his wife and asked, what do you have to say for yourself? The man on the phone replied, quote sorry, end quote.
Speaker 1: Now I know y'all expect me to comment.
Speaker 2: Steve Smith cool brother does work for the NFL network. Got a chance to be in the Hall of Fame as a wide receiver with this year's starring for the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 1: Before he went to Baltimore. Ravens let me be very very clear. I have no comment.
Speaker 2: About his situation, a legend situation with whomever. My comment is about the husband. What the hell you calling him for? Whether that was really the smith, seen you or somebody else, What the hell are you calling him for?
Speaker 1: He ain't your wife, He ain't.
Speaker 2: The one married to you. He ain't the one that allegedly did something that violated his vows to you.
Speaker 1: What calling him for?
Speaker 2: See, Once again, I'm touching on something from a generic and general perspective, and I want everybody to be clear about where I'm going with this because it was not similar in actual incidents, but along the lines of what I was trying to do.
Speaker 1: When I was joking around.
Speaker 2: About Serena Williams dancing on stage, and I was saying about the husband, not even about him, about any man, How do you feel if your wife is showing energy towards the ex even if it's negative energy, you'd be like, yo, what's that about?
Speaker 1: Forget him?
Speaker 3: You with me?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I was trying to say, but we were joking about that because there's no crime and that is no big deal. We're not joking about this, fellas, ladies, if you.
Speaker 1: Have a spouse.
Speaker 2: That's cheating on you, it's kind of weak to show more energy towards the person they were doing it with that didn't espouse marital vows to you handle home first, handle home, period because in the end, she's the one or he's the one. Meaning if you're a woman and your man's did it in this case, is a man and.
Speaker 1: His wife did it, that's your business.
Speaker 2: And one last thing, why everything got to be put on social media? Why it's none of anybody's business, so respectfully, and I won't get into the things that was said on that phone via text or voice. I won't get into the text you read and how graphic that was. But based on that, she don't really want you, you feel me? Just think about that. That's all I want to say. Now, let me get to the Philadelphia Eagles, the reigning Super Bowl champs, are apparently going to skip a trip to the White House. Donald Trump was the first president to attend the game, where he supported the Chiefs to win. However, Kansas City was blown out forty to twenty two by the Philadelphia Eagles. Now I missed the speculation of the Eagles not going to DC. A White House spokesperson says an invitation was never extended to the team. Meanwhile, Meghan Kelly took the X to express her dissatisfaction with the Philadelphia Eagles. The former Fox host reacted to a post from a user that sided a report about the snub that read quote, wish I had known this before the Super Bowl, I wouldn't have wasted my time rooting for them. Eagles fans, your team sucks end quote. As for Kelly, she wrote quote saying, go f yourselves Eagles end quote.
Speaker 1: I like Megan Kelly.
Speaker 2: I think she's and our standing journalist. I think she's very capable. She's got a show on Serious Sex Sam every weekday from twelve to two pm ri airs on YouTube is and another platform. I've been a guest on her show. I'm schareduled to be a guest so much I don't even know when's my next guest of parents, I mean, she asked me to be a guest next week because we had a scheduling conflict coming back from the Super Bowl. I am a fan of Megan Kelly's.
Speaker 1: Was that necessary though?
Speaker 2: I mean, really, you know, they ain't feeling Trump, so was seventy four million plus people wasn't feeling Trump? F them too? Come on, Megan, you don't need to do that. You don't need to do that, you know, I mean, it's just not necessary. Eagles ain't feeling them. And by the way, if there is any team that's justified not to go to the White House to see Trump, even though his team said the White House said they didn't extend an invitation, that's a different story. Well, why wouldn't you extend an invitation? That's what usually is supposed to happen when you win the Super Bowl, the White House to send you an invitation. Why would you not extend the invitation?
Speaker 1: White House? What's that about?
Speaker 2: But in the case of the Philadelphia Eagles, Megan Kelly and all you folks on the right that want to get be up in arms about.
Speaker 1: This, excuse me.
Speaker 2: If any team was justified in not wanting to show up to the White House, it would be the Philadelphia Eagles. Do you know why, because when as a president openly rooted against the team for the Super Bowl, he was openly rooting against the Eagles, and he uninvited them last time they won. I mean, damn if any team was justified and saying, nah, we'll pass on the White House, it would be them and Megan Kelly. If it's gonna be f the Eagles, could it come from someone other than you?
Speaker 1: I mean, you're great. I'm not gonna lie. I learned some things from watching Megan Kelly. I mean, she she knows us tough, and she's very compelling and very interesting. I enjoy talking to her. I enjoy listening to her. I enjoy watching her. But was that necessary?
Speaker 2: Don't let people bring you down to their level.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have gone to that level before. We're not gonna front. I'm not gonna be APO critical here, but damn it, they deserved it. The Eagles, come on, come on, Megan. They didn't deserve that. They didn't deserve that. They got uninvited before and he was rooting against them.
Speaker 2: Now, you weren't ruling for Taylor Swift, but he was rooting for the teams all day every day. That's why he came to the Super Bowl to watch them win and for the Eagles to lose.
Speaker 1: Usually presidents are.
Speaker 2: Quiet about that unless it's their home team.
Speaker 1: Trump ain't from Kansas City. So I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: Respectfully in a very very nice way, because I am a fan Megan Kelly, be nice, be nice, and see soon on yes show. By the way, you owe me a visit on mine too. You forgot about that. You forgot about that, but you do owe me. Before I get on out of here, I wanted to take a moment to bring up a new soap opera that's coming out courtesy of CBS, and it's called Beyond the Gates.
Speaker 1: Now why would I bring this up? For several reasons.
Speaker 2: Number One, as you know, I'm a soap opera guy. Someone says soap opera star, but I mean I would never say that about myself. Bricks General Hospital, That's what That's who I am, you know. But again, no start, I'm attached. I leave that to others to judge. That would be number one, because I love my soap operas. Number two, one of my dearest friends is the star for Young and the Restless, mister Eric Braden. So that's another reason I'm connected to the soap opera world. Because Maurice Minard plays Sunny Carinthus or General Hospital. Steve Burton plays Jason Morgan. That's my dog right there. Laura Wright plays Carley. I mean, I love these people General Hospital. I love Eric braden On Young and Arresteds. That's to be another reason.
Speaker 1: Another reason beyond the gates is being mentioned is because it's a black lead soap opera.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm quite sure there will be others that are on the soap opera.
Speaker 1: But to see a soap opera.
Speaker 2: With black folks in prominent leading roles on network television, let's just say that's a damn aberration. So it's gonna be really interesting to see how this goes. And that's a special thing. But last, but not least, person who played the role in its creation.
Speaker 1: There's a producer on the show.
Speaker 2: She said, wonderful lady by the name of Sheila Duxworth. She happens to be a very dear personal friend of mine, a phenomenal producer, incredibly talented young lady who's been around for quite a while doing big things, and this is just the latest. Just want to say congratulations, that I love you dearly, and then I'm wishing you all the best. Girl, do your thing, do your thing, and I will see you soon. That's it for this edition the stephen A.
Speaker 1: Smith Show.
Speaker 2: I'll higher at y'all in a couple of days. Until then, a piece of love everybody, God bless