Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's the clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with Me, Big Ben and Danny G Radio and a happy, Happy Saturday to you the sixth day of July.
Speaker 1: As we are not in the air everywhere. This is the Extra Crispy, extra Spicy Fifth Hour podcast, even on a holiday weekend. And as we like to point out when we do these podcasts on the holiday Danny G Radio, that it is the for us to continue them on people actually listening to them. So this is a test. This is a test of the Emergency Podcast Network, and it is only a test, so we'll see, we'll see how many downloads we get and what's the next big holiday? Today is July.
Speaker 4: Fourth weekend September second Monday, September second Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Labor Day. It is. Okay, Labor Day is the next big holidays, so well, we have live podcast on Labor Day weekend. Inquiry minds would like to know stay tuned.
Speaker 4: You know, last year in twenty twenty three, the numbers I remember were good on holidays, so I hope that trend stays.
Speaker 1: Well, we're already deep into it. We're in the deep end. We have no choice, no return. We're all in on this. And today is one of those days which should be a bigger holiday, but it's not. And I don't know why it's not because it's an American thing. It's something that we all indulge in, other than those evil vegans cut that mead. But I don't get it. But it's national fried chicken day to day Danny O. Yes, greasy, delicious comfort food. Fried chicken something that I love but rarely eat because I feel like the grease kind of comes out of your pores right after you eat it. I love fried chicken, Okay. I have two sandwiches, actually three sandwiches named after me that are fried chicken sandwiches or fried chicken the Chicken Mallow Chicken Tenders in Kansas City, which is Liberty Missouri, and you can get that on the menu there at the at that establishment which is right near the Chiefs Stadium there in Liberty, Missouri, which is which is great. And then we have the sandwich in Denver at the sportsbook Bar and grill, a couple locations in Denver, I mean in Kansas we have the malar Fowler, which is on the menu. All chicken. I'm the king of the chicken, Danny, all right, I want my chicken. And here's a fun fact about chicken. You want a fun factory about chicken. It's an American thing. It began where they combined the Scottish chicken frying method with West African seasoning and they put those two things together and it became te da what we have today, American fried chicken. It was a very expensive delicacy up until World War Two kind of figured out they could make it ways to make it cheaper and all that, and American fried chicken is considered better. There are other fried chicken around the world, but it Europeans had already fried chicken in the Middle Ages, but it was the Scottish immigrants in the US. Here we go, that's here for the Scots. Racist who brought with them that and then they, as I said, they combined it with the the African slaves of the immigrants. So they put those two together and they gave the world what we have today, Southern fried chicken.
Speaker 4: You know what Grandma Mary used to do. She's the one that always wore a Mumo fry her chicken up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take these chicken wings to the neck. She would roll them in corn flakes. Dummy. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, greasy and crunchy and delicious. Well, I've made fried chicken at the Malor Mansion a couple of times, and I use Painco flour multi coat. Your hands get all dirty, and it's so freaking good. It is so amazing. It is wonderful. Now, the biggest figure in the spreading of fry chicken is none other than Harlan Sanders, better known as Colonel Sanders. And he's the guy started that in a gas station, started selling at a gas station in Corbin, Kentucky, and did not succeed, did not. The famous thing about Colonel Sanders, as we've learned over the years doing podcasts like this, is that he was an overnight success at age sixty five and It wasn't until he started hitting the road selling his fried chicken, and that was when it took off. So he was sixty five years old and he had sold six hundred different fried chicken franchises by the time that year had come around. So anyway, it's National Fried Chicken Day today. The first known recipe for American fried chicken seventeen to seventy four. American style Fried Chicken KFC came into the picture in the nineteen fifties and took off after that. Sixteen percent of Americans say they would marry fried chicken. Sixteen percent they would like to marry fried chicken. How often do you eat fried chicken? You don't need it very often to anything. It's too heavy for you.
Speaker 4: Too heavy once a year for me, once a year, once a year. As far as actual like bucket chicken, yeah, okay, yeah, I don't eat bucket chicken. I'll eat like a chicken breast fried or something. Yeah, that's a little different, but I'm talking KFC bucket. Yeah, that's like a once a year treat.
Speaker 1: Well, they say how often you eat fried chicken? There was a national survey done twenty two percent said once every couple of weeks. That was the most popular answer. Six percent said they eat it every day, like chicken fingers and stuff like that. Eighteen percent said they rarely eat it or once every couple of months. Twenty one percent said once a meat once a week. Let's see what was your favorite fried chicken topping? The most popular topping for free chicken Let's see, I look at you. I was barbecue sauce. But the actual number one answer was no topic. They're purest they're fried chicken purists. They do not want anything to mass. They don't want ketchup, hot sauce, honey mustard, honey, butter, ranch, dress and gravy, cheese, garlic, flavored it whatever. They don't want any of that o. The grease makes it delicious. You don't want to water down the grease. Now, sixty percent of Americans think chicken and waffles belong together. Holy Roscoes. Do you see that Rosco's in Pasadena clothes? Yeah? Yeah, Famous Roscos in Pasadena. Rosco's Chicken and Waffles is an institution in southern California, and another one bites the dust.
Speaker 4: Too many stuck up people in the Pasadena area who think they're better than chicken and waffles.
Speaker 1: And it appears so, although if you go up to Altadna, there's a very very interesting there's a point of demarcation, a lot of crime. I used to go to the gym in Altadena above Pasadena and I have my car broken into. There was a lot of crime there and that was years ago. You can only imagine it's gotten better unless it hasn't. So on this podcast we have the Drive and a show, the coffee break, the Hogey ho down, international mail of mystery, and whatever else we have time for. Might even mix in a bonus fun factoid and idiom of the week. We'll see if we have time for that. But we begin with this in fourth or July weekend, sliding into a Saturday here, but always good time for a story. This past week followed the guidance the mandate from corporate at iHeart made my trip ind the long winding road to the mothership, the Premiere Network's iHeart Building there in Sherman Oaks, where the homeless sit outside, the cockroaches are inside, and we do talk radio. And this week it was a special week. Now, this being the weekend show, here we go back and look at some of the events that took place during the week and big holiday weekend. And normally when I drive it's rather uneventful. There's not a lot going on. Just dodging some trucks, that's about it. Driving into the Mothership from the north Woods. However, smashing your car, that happens too. But this week tires flying. Ever, this week providing special entertainment. It's not dinner in a show. It's a drive in a show, a traveling pyrotechnic show. And I'm not sure if it's like this everywhere. Maybe it is. I don't live everywhere. Let me know if it's like this in the I'd say in the comments, but just send me an email. Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. But this week, the fourth isly week, and now into the weekend, driving in is majestic. Every couple of miles, driving in from the north Woods, from the Malor Mansion to the Oaks, from the Woods to the Oaks and Shriman Oaks, where the iHeart building is. I was given a fireworks show. Now, most of these were neighborhood fireworks shows at the local park. Some of them were illegal fireworks courtesy of Mexico, Tijuana, or places somewhere further into Mexico. Racist. So I'm making my way. I'm driving, and a couple of nights this past week, I'm driving on the one oh one, which circumnavigates Hollywood, goes through, you go by the iconic Circle. Is it the Capitol Records Building?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 1: I believe is what it is. Yeah, drive around that and you see some of the neon signs of Hollywood, and you drive through there. So I'm driving and up ahead I witnessed the Mona Lisa of Pyrotech Nicks. I was driving on the backside, right near the Barum Boulevard, the backside of the iconic Hollywood Bowl, and I slowed down. Everyone slowed down. We were all lookie loose. We were all rubber necking. It was a rubber necker's paradise. And I saw a good five minutes of the Hollywood Bowl fireworks show. A couple of nights. Oh yeah, right there, just driving on on the one on one for you. So that was that was pretty cool. I didn't realize they did it so many nights in a row. I didn't realize it either. They did it at least a couple of nights because I saw it and they had what they usually do is they have the orchestra and they have sung and then they have have patriotic songs and red, white and blue, this, that and the other, and then they have the fireworks going off. And so I got to work and then I needed a coffee break, is what I needed. I needed a coffee break when I got to work.
Speaker 4: Well, driving in on Wednesday morning for the Dan Patrick fill in, they called it the Dan Slam. For a Grand Slam four days, you need coffee at that time of the morning. It was four point thirty four forty five that I was leaving my hood to drive into the Oaks, as you call it. I had a plan. I'm like, why, I can't afford time. I don't have the time to find a Starbucks that opens up at five. Those are a special breed of Starbucks. As you know, not every single Starbucks opens up at the butt crack of dawn.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately that ended twenty twenty with COVID. Yeah, you're exactly right, yep. And so there is one Starbucks near the studios that opens at five, crazy packed because the other ones open at five thirty or six. I don't have time to wait there and get my coffee with all the other all the other losers like me that are awake this early. So getting off the exit for Ventura Boulevard. Here for our building. There is a gas station right across the freeway exit. And it's perfect because instead of turning left on a Venturo Boulevard, I just go straight, turn in, park in front of a pump run in. It's not Starbucks, but it's not horrible either, so it'll save me time.
Speaker 4: Win win situation. Monday, I do this, Tuesday, I do this Wednesday. I'm dragging butt a little bit. Oh man, it is five thirty six am right now. I should already be at the pre show meeting with Coveno and Rich, but I know Coveno's dragging a little bit too, So I'm like, I think I can pull this off. Run to the doors of this gas station. They don't open. Almost run into the damn glass. These doors are locked. It's like a ghost town. Nobody's around. This guy saw work in the past two mornings, not there, So I have a decision to make. I'm like, should I go down the street to the seven elevens. I don't think I have time for that. I'm just gonna have to go in with no coffee. I'm desperate. At this point, I'm looking around, knocking on the glass. I look in deeper into you know, you could see the back area of the gas station where they have some of their stacks of pallettes and crap, and I don't see anybody. But then I look across the street. Right across the street from the gas station is the guy that's supposed to be in there working. He's leaning on a car talking to a girl.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, guy's got game. Come on, man, you guys trying to pick up a lady. What's wrong with you? Don't need to rupt the guy. Come on, man, he's trying to get he's trying to have a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's parking lot pimping. It's now five forty am. Because I'm looking at my phone sweating.
Speaker 1: He's offering the worms, says, I can get any kind of coffee you on, I get you got a hook up here.
Speaker 4: Any kind of stale croissant inside that you want, baby girl?
Speaker 1: Exactly. Man, that's the carrot on the stick that gets the ladies. Okay, it does.
Speaker 4: Now I have to make a decision, an executive decision. Do I holler across the street and get this guy's attention or do I just leave this alone and leave.
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: I did Yeah, I said.
Speaker 4: Yo, And he turns and looks, and he gave me the look of death, like, how dare you interrupt me talking to this girl right here?
Speaker 1: What? What are you thinking? He's going bava boom and you're going bah bah Coffee is where you're going? Ben.
Speaker 4: She didn't look like Janet Jackson. She looked more like Freddie Jackson. I don't think I was interrupting anything too important. Beggars can't be choosers, Okay, come on, you know not that his nationality matters, but I have to share it because if I impersonate him or you know, it'll make more sense.
Speaker 1: I want to properly mock him. That's what you want to say. Well, and you've seen this for years on The Simpsons. It was an Indian gentleman, Hapoo who had some game. Think of a young Hopoo but with game. Because he's leaning on this girl's it looked like a Lexus and I'm like, man, well she's got money. He comes across the street.
Speaker 4: He looks very annoyed, and I told him, I said, man, I got to get to work down the street. I just want to get coffee really quick. He takes his keys, reluctantly opens the sliding doors. I go inside and I get the coffee and he gets behind the register and he mumbles something. I said, excuse me, and he wouldn't repeat himself. Does he want to fight?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: At now five I'm looking at my watch now five point forty four am. He's making me late because he's trying to mac on some girl outside. Obviously he's not doing his job. So I finish, you know, getting the coffee together. I put the lid on, go to the cash register, and he tells me just take it, just.
Speaker 1: Take it, just take it. He gave you for free. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I'm like, okay, well, thank you, Grozzi.
Speaker 1: Grozzi.
Speaker 4: Hey, you can lock the doors and go back to your girl out there. And he's like, blah blah blah, but jump, bastard. It sounded like he said bastard. I'm not sure if that's the word he said, but whatever, I'm in a hurry. I got freak coffee, got in my car, got down the street to the studio's Ben sat at the pre show table with my bastard coffee.
Speaker 1: I mean, thank y'all.
Speaker 5: Come again, now, were you concerned it all, Danny, that this was a bait and switch situation, that he gave you the coffee for free, then called the cops and said, this asshole stole the coffee and here's what his car looks like.
Speaker 1: And I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I don't think he had time to do all that with what he was in the middle of.
Speaker 1: Oh you have good the beginning, sir. Yeah. Now you think he brought the late Jula Lizzo. You think he brought her back to the to the stacks of pallettes, the palette room. Let me let me show you where we keep the donuts. Let me show you. They don't have a champagne room there. They have a pallette room. Wow, very very Now, you don't use the coffee machine at work. They have a horrible, horrible machine.
Speaker 4: It looks like expensive, it looks like yeah, it looks like it should taste good, and it tastes like crape.
Speaker 1: I never see anyone using it, but it's been there for a while. No one ever seems to.
Speaker 4: It's funny because Covino uses it every day, and every day as he's drinking the coffee, he's complaining about how it tastes.
Speaker 1: I'm such a rocking dude. Yeah there, all right, Well the Hogy ho down, Hogy ho down. Uh, follow up, follow up. This past weekend, I visited Ike's Sandwich Shop. You ever been to ike sandwich Shop?
Speaker 4: No, I've driven past one before, so I know what you're talking about. The logos like a genie head exactly. So backstory. I had a chance to meet Ike in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a guy behind He actually looks like that in the super Bowl in Vegas. When I was there, I met Ike and he said hello to me. He was a listener in the Bay Area to the Overnight Show. And you know sometimes people say they listen and you know they're lying. But he seemed genuinely excited to beat me, and he was telling me about his business and stuff. And this is back in February, and I lived not that far away from an Ike's Sandwich Shop, but I had not been there, and he wanted me to go, and he wanted me to try it, and so I of course waited through March April May and then I waited till late chun so I went in four months and decided, my, you know, we'll go have hogies. So we went to Ike Sandwich Shop and went in. There a nice looking restaurant. They have many locations. It's a small chain. In fact, I'll tell you more about the chain in a minute. But they have sandwiches named after people. There's a Jim Rome sandwich. There's a Damon Bruce sandwich. Damon Bruce longtime Northern California Bay area radio guy. I've known him for years. He does his own thing now because the company got rid of him, so he does his own product now. I ended up actually eating the Damon Bruce danny. I had the Damon Bruce. That's house personal and I love the crunch bread delicious. And he also has hogies named after old giants players like Madison Bumgardner, which is I guess only good on holidays Madison Bumgardner, right, and then Hunter Pence. Hunter Pence, they had a sandwich named after him. Some other giants is are Matt Cain sandwich. For example, does he have a pussy posy? Not all? Maybe he does. I didn't remember that one, so that's not at the top of my mind here. So this guy was a listener and we took some photos together. He sent me the photo, so I had his number. I actually have Ike's number on my phone and so I sent him. I sent him a text. I was like, hey, Ike, I'm eating your sandwich, you know, and he, you know, here we go. And so he was very happy and he was asking me, like what location I went to, and he told me business is doing very well. He's got a hundred locations. He just opened his one hundredth location right across from the Giants Ballpark in that area, and they're planning on expanding. I don't know if he wants me to say this or not, so I don't know if I should. But he's very polite, very kind. It seemed genuinely excited and it was great and and so I posted on social media. And who knows if anything will come of that. Maybe maybe they can add another sandwich. I don't know, maybe a Ben Maller sandwich. I'm just saying, Danny, you know, if Ike's listening to this at all, I wouldn't be opposed to that. I would I would give my name, and I would bet you that my sandwich will sell more than Jim Roman. Dame Bruce that the Malor sandwich would be a bigger sandwich and a better sandwich and would dominate the sandwich game. It should be called the moneyball Mallar like nothing green will be in it. We don't want anything green. Green is the side, like a pesto bread, a green pesto bread. I do like the moneyball mallo though. That could be a good name for a sandwich, or just the Mallor because everyone will just mispronounce it, say the mauler.
Speaker 4: If it is the moneyball Mallor, it should be the most expensive sandwich on the menu. No, I'm looking for I'm looking to sell product here. Okay, not the miser Mallard, the moneyball mal dare you?
Speaker 1: But that was the the hogi hodown hogy Hoda always always cool when you try something, and I actually did like the sandwich. I will be back there, and every time I go, I will make sure to send Ike a message to remind Ike, Hey, I'm eating your sandwich. I'm having I'm having a I'm having a sandwich snacks. The International Mail of Mystery, so on this show we do a mail bag wonderful, glorious mail bag on Sunday. Today is Saturday, so we're not doing the mail bag today. No mailbag, So instead I will regale you with tails from the snail mail. Let me call this one the International Mail of Mysteries. I said so the other night, watching fireworks near the Hollywood Bowl. On my way into the FSR studios, I walk in. I walk past the what I like to call the free eyewash box and band aid box that I use those band aids all the time, and it's right near the door. So I walk past that. I make a right turn. I'm now in the Smurf kitchen. If the Smurfs had a kitchen, it would be that kitchen. So I walk into that. What I do is I fill up my cup with ice. I like drinking cold water, and then I fill up my cup with water. Now in my peripheral vision to the left, I see the pile of mail. Now this is mail for everybody. This is mail for Rob Parker, Colin Cowherd Covino and Rich Jason Smith, Mike Harmon, everyone that works in the building. They just dump the mail. There's a mail room, but nobody goes up there. So they just dump the mail right across from the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Usually the mail either has your name on it or it's Andy Furman sending mail to a staff member.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a stack of Andy Furman mail. Don't let Andy know that. No one opens those. They just leave them there. Slop me around a little bit. So I see out of the peripheral vision. I see a couple of boxes, and I'm like, okay, let me let me make make a turn here, let me go to the left. All veer to the left in my peripheral vision. I go to the left and I look through and I saschet my way over there, and I'm hoping maybe there's some goodies for me. What's what's there now? Mostly, even though you think a lot of the mails for me, A lot of the time, Cooperloop Bogart's the mail. He takes the mail for me, and I don't even get to Sometimes I don't even get to open my mail because other people take But this that's against the law, federal violation. So why was this stay different? There was a package with my name on it and the email address with a real fifth hour, so that got my attention. Not a normal package. Why was it not normal? How come it was Australian post Mail? Oh? They called there's a parcel. You're ready to past apostle? Kids? Yeah, I love past apostles. We kid say international, I've got it.
Speaker 4: We were watching a blue carts in which is Australian and they call it parcels. Can you hear this?
Speaker 1: That's I'm holding in the studio here. I have the actual package. It says Australian post on it Express International from Australia Postage paid EP And I'm like, what's in it's not really a box, but what's in the box? What's in the box? What's in the box? You want to take a guess this beautiful surprise that was gifted in the in the package.
Speaker 4: That's pretty easy because growing up being a little kid watching the classic movie Crocodile Dundee, it's got to be a knife.
Speaker 1: That's a hard that is correct, unless it's not. They it was a little baby kangaroo, Danny, there's a little baby kangaroo, Yes, Joey the kangaroo. No, it was a roach, but not that kind of roach, Danny. That would be I've got a cap here. Let me see if I can send this to you. Hold on, say, I have a photo of a If you look at it, there a New South Wales cap. Is that a roach? That is a cockroach? It says on the bill of the cap. Come on, cockroaches a rugby roach. Uh yeah, yeah yeah. So our friend this comes from Ozzy Was. Thank you. Ozzi was from Western Australia, big fan of the show, listens all the time and he's become a next level member of the Mala Militia where he contributes content on a regular basis, sends us stuff in the mail. That's awesome. We thank you. He's got his family involved in this a little bit. I'm sure they're annoyed by that, but thank you for that anyway. And so I looked this up. I'm like, I remember he had sent something in the mail. He had sent messages saying there was a team called the Cockroaches. I think we read one on this podcast from Ozzie Was, but I'd forgotten about it and I looked it up. And the New South Wales rugby team. They originally were known as the Mighty Blues because they've got the light blue there, and now over the years they've become the cockroaches. According to some Internet research, the origin story is off the hook on this. And before I get into that, I did want to thank Ozzie Wahs who spent thirty six dollars thirty six dollars on postage to send this from Australia, So thank you. So this began a long long time ago in the nineteen seventies, mid nineteen seventies a rival coach nothing like a good rugby story to get your day going. Here, Danny a former coach of a rival team, Queensland rugby team. Barry Muirror is the guy's name who you don't know who Barry Muror is. He's the Popovich of rugby. He's watching a TV story about North South Wales or New South Wales rather, so he's watching this and the players faces on this grainy nineteen seventies TV in Australia, and he noticed the antennas on the television looked as though they were protruding from the players' heads, giving them a cockroach like appearance. So the coach decided, oh, I'll mess around here. I'll call the New South Welshman cockroaches. And he did. He told it to one of the reporters. He says, what's this cockroach business? Barry the reporter asked the coach, and the guy said, that's the new name of the new South Wales rugby team, and we're sick and tired of the Mighty Blues and all that, and then he kept repeating it. Originally they just kind of ignored it, but in those days there was no internet, and so he repeated it every time he would talk about the new South Wales rugby team. Instead of calling them the Mighty Blues, he called them the cockroaches. And then they they went with it in the newspapers. They said, this guy's call them the cockroaches, and then the fans embraced it. Yeah, kind of like in Sacramento. Remember when Phil Jackson goofed on the cow bells, said, there's like nothing but cow bells there, or I think I think it was like nothing but cows, and so fans brought cow bells to the game. Yes, in the Shaq Kobe era. Yeah, so that that was the origin of it. And they they are selling merch with this is an official item from Ozzie Wahs. I like that logo. It's like a cartoon logo and it's like a puffy sticker. If you can see on the hat the photo I sent you in it's like a stuffy singer, scary looking. It looks kind of like my wife said, it looks like Moxie, our bulldog. I didn't know roach's faces looked like bulldogs. That's very offensive too. And you can see the right below the cockroach is the rugby ball. You see that white thing there, Yeah, that's not an egg, that's a rugby ball. Yeah, So thank you, Ozzie wi was. I appreciate it very kind. I did not expect that. I did not realize you were going to be sending that, so thank you.
Speaker 4: It's pretty sad. We know what cockroach eggs really look like from work.
Speaker 1: Our Coveno and Rich, the guys putting those photos up around the building of Cochro. Nor your former tech producer is responsible for that. Oh is that right? Wrong button? Bob? No? No, the other former one, oh Iowa Sam. Okay, you are the pummeler of producers. Yeah, we have, I think, yeah, I know, there's a long list. I'm pretty sure I've worked with every one of them. Yes, yes, every engineer at Fox Sports Radio at one point or another the full time staff. I've worked with oh Iowa Sam.
Speaker 4: Iowa Sam a week ago had to kill a cockroach, a big one. It ruined his whole day. He was talking about it constantly for the rest of the day. And then he was making copies, big pictures of roaches and taping them up. I guess he was protesting. Yeah, it's roach art. It's like the love around the building there. There's different art up, and we have the roaches all the time at night, as you know, they like to come out at night and they The thing about it that is fascinating is they fall out of the ceiling.
Speaker 1: It's like a horror movie. Roaches come crawling out or falling out of the ceiling. The roaches come out at night on a regular bab I'd like to come out at night. When I negotiate my new contract, I would like to say that I get a bonus based on how many roaches come down during the show. And I was talking about this too Jonas Knox, and I told Jonas, I said, listen, there is one way I might have said this on there. I don't know if I said this on there. There's one way that this roach infestation will come doing an on Fox Sports. Ready you know what that is, Danny.
Speaker 4: If one lands in an executive sandwich.
Speaker 1: No close. Colin Cowherd shows up to that building a couple times a year to do shows. You don't like it, but he does. He likes TV better, but he shows up right, so fine. And let's say Collin's in the middle of Colin rant and a medium size, not even a full size, a medium sized cockroach comes falling down, parachuting down from the ceiling. Within seven minutes of that happening, every single exterminator from the Mexican border to Santa Barbara will be hired by iHeart to exterminate all of the cockroaches in that building. There will not be a cockroach within fifty miles of that building. But it hasn't happened yet, Danny, So it continues. It's wild. But now it's a good story because I have now a cockroach hat. So I got something out of it. So I want to thank the cockroaches. Very cool, so very nice. We have a let's get out of a let's see it. Wow, this is the idiom of the week. This's is the idiom of the week. You wannder the idiom of the week. You have two minutes to do it, all right, hurry up. The idiom of the week. The idium of the week is polishing turds. It's a fun one, right, polishing turds. I like it. Yeah. So where did it originate from? Okay? A couple of theories on this. Nineteen ninety nine, there was a oh bit on a famous Hollywood director named Stanley Kubrick published in the New York Times magazine. Jerry Lewis claimed that he came up with the term polishing turds. The comedian Jerry Lewis, actor comedian. He says he was in the editing room at one in the morning. He went in to smoke a cigarette and and Stanley was in there, and he says, can I watch? Jerry Lewis said, can I watch whatever? So they were watching together, and he says he coined the expression you cannot polish a turd, and then the late director Stanley Kubrick looked at Jerry Lewis and said, you can if you freeze. It is what he said. But the first actual citation of that term polishing turds, which means making something really disgusting a little better a little better Oxford English Dictionary. It comes from someone named Jeffrey Stokes nineteen seventy six books Star Making Machinery Inside the Business of Rock and Roll, and he wrote, listen, you can't polish a turd, which meant that you can't take someone that doesn't have music ability and turn them into a rock and roll star. So that is the idiom of the week, polishing turns. We'll get out on that. It is Saturday. Anything special going on today on this holiday weekend?
Speaker 4: Now, just this fine podcast right here. Some would say it's polishing turds when I do post production.
Speaker 1: How dare you?
Speaker 4: And yeah, man, send this podcast to at least two friends or family members today, and if.
Speaker 1: One of them listens, we've doubled our audience. If both of them listen, oh oh my goodness, holy crap on a cracker. Anyway, have a great day. We've got a mailbag on Sunday. We will talk to you then until tomorrow. Asta pasta, my folation.